Speaker 1: Finding the right news podcast can feel like dating. It seems promising until you start listening.
Speaker 2: When you hit play on Post Reports, you'll get fascinating conversations and sometimes a little fun too. I'm Martine Powers.
Speaker 1: And I'm Ela hee Azzati. Martin and I are the host of Post Reports. The show comes out every weekday from the Washington Post.
Speaker 2: You can follow and listen to Post Reports wherever you get your podcasts. There'll be a match, I promise.
Speaker 3: Did you know a twenty eighteen studies showed half of prenatal vitamins tested had unacceptable levels of heavy metals. I'm Kat, mother of three and founder of Ritual. When I was four months pregnant, I couldn't find a prenatal I could trust, so I created my own ours is made traceable, third party, tested for heavy metals, and recently earned the Purity Award from the Clean Label Project. But don't just take my word for it. Get twenty five percent off at ritual dot com.
Speaker 4: Slash podcast Taco shows the good, the bad, and the ugly. The highlights and unfortunately the low lights that stood out this past week in the vast sea we called humanity.
Speaker 5: It's one O one one w j r R, Orlando's rock station forget final day for Rock the Bank or cash giveaways, thirteen more chances for you to win a grand nine oh five will be your first of those thirteen.
Speaker 6: Come on, do it all right?
Speaker 4: We give you keyword Janner, I'm at a website and uh, if your phone rings the following hour, answer.
Speaker 5: It ready for me to sift through this bad stack first, and then a couple of more upbeat, feel good stories before you really bring it home with the Good News Network there that she'll uh.
Speaker 6: Literally rip the headlines from You see me, I know I gotta open it.
Speaker 4: You see me shaking my head because I know there was a lot of Unfortunately, like every week, there's a lot of.
Speaker 6: Bad news for the bad news side of it.
Speaker 5: Well, things started off bad earlier in the week last weekend the homecoming weekend shooting at Tuskegee University, where twelve people were shot, one ended up dying and no arrest.
Speaker 6: Had been made. Yeah that in Alabama.
Speaker 5: Then we went right into the situation where two people sleeping in a tent off of John Young Parkway were seriously hurt after the tent was intentionally set on fire by somebody.
Speaker 4: We were talking about that the morning that it happened. Right after it happened, lady ran out saying.
Speaker 1: I'm on fire, I'm on fire, I'm on fire.
Speaker 5: So it was another individual in the tent. I've been looking, haven't seen anything indicating there's been an arrest of a suspect in that yet either.
Speaker 6: It's like a homss encampment, though, are you no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: What happened was wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, I don't think they're gonna find anybody, you know, I don't think anybody's coming forward.
Speaker 6: How about at three o'clock in the morning. That's why thanks.
Speaker 5: Police in Seattle have arrested a suspect who went on a daylight stabbing spree, seriously injuring five people. In this individual Roland Lee. He's a thirty seven year old charged with first degree assaults and also is thought to be responsible for several other just random stabbings dating back quite a while.
Speaker 6: These people that are just out there roaming around.
Speaker 4: Amongst us right there, let's just crack into a Bob World order and take the guy. Take care of the guy right now where hey put him straight in jail or on the island with all the sickos, you know, the child lesters and that throw him on the island too.
Speaker 6: You're walking around stabbing people.
Speaker 5: Four people arrested after armed robbery at a graveside memorial service in Lakeland.
Speaker 6: Including a seventeen year old boy.
Speaker 4: How nice, hey, how many more of these bad stories?
Speaker 6: We have just one more to bury. Pit bull story.
Speaker 4: Oh this is a doozy. You may have seen him on the news yesterday. The poor owner who lost his dog, his family's little Yorkshire terrier huh, that the family loved, was killed by a pit bull that was on the loose as the owner was walking the little guy. Here comes this pit bull and I think there is another dog that had gotten loose, a boxer or something. With the pit bull, they attack the much smaller animal that The owner does everything he can to fight the pit bull offid He tussled with this thing for like fifteen minutes. Even neighbors were like, this was the sweetest little dog, and you see it. The dog is about the size of a football. Yeah, it's the size of like shack shoe. If that the dog obviously was killed. The man now is left with needing several surgeries to repair the damage done by the pit Bull tape, He's like he's still alive. I was gonna point that out. I know somebody, and so do you. Lt When when her dog was getting attacked by a raccoon, she got in the middle, and she even says, I regret doing that. If your dog is in a fight with another dog, find the nearest hose and spray them off. I'm telling you, if you spray him, usually it'll make them separate. I know it's hard to think of that when it's happening, but if you know what ahead.
Speaker 6: Of time, even a hose nearby. Yeah, exactly, and it's a pit.
Speaker 5: The pit bull, by the way, now is on a mandatory ten day quarantine according to Animal Control.
Speaker 4: I'm the pit bull advocate on the show, and I think that I don't think you need quarant Garantine needs to go to Sorry. I thought it was all how you splitter down? And again I am the advocate, All right, what do you have?
Speaker 6: Mentioned this?
Speaker 5: Earlier in the week, Good Job operators of the new Disney Treasure Cruise ship, while on their way to Port Canaveral for their first voyage, picked up a stranded family of four out in the middle of the ocean. Yeah, that was cool getting them to say, I guess that makes them their first passengers on the boat. Actual, technically right.
Speaker 6: The footage on that was cool. I didn't. Yeah.
Speaker 5: A guy from Arkansas named Dylan McKay rescued an abandoned golden doodle on the side of the road that was stranded and close to death. The dog was in such bad shape and needed a surgery that cost over ten thousand dollars. He and his fiance Emily, cut into their wedding fund to make it happen. Seriously, Yeah, pow, so, I guess they now have a new member of their household.
Speaker 4: He gets a pal. But I'm sure there's gonna be a gofund me. I would hope to help out with that, you know what I'm getting at.
Speaker 5: A mom in Texas named Elise Olga Tree We've talked about her before, has reclaimed her world record for the largest donation of breast milk one individual.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I had all Denise in the milk. I just saw it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, do you want to I'll leave it to you to finish it up there if you like, Hey, Denise, well done. Oh you don't want to give the stats or anything. You don't have any of those? Right, well done.
Speaker 4: I just have a headline about Denise well done with the movie milk.
Speaker 5: Pal given credit for seven hundred gallons, although she claims the actual amount is probably closer to one thousand.
Speaker 6: How can you do that? You gotta have really big boobs.
Speaker 4: I think, no, I think you just have to stay giving births all the time.
Speaker 6: Stay milky.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you do like if I was a cat, could you I'm kidding, would you milk me? Faulkner or Falker anywhere?
Speaker 6: Sorry? I had to. I don't know.
Speaker 5: How even gonna attempt to say that. It's uh, seven forty eight in the morning.
Speaker 6: I do not need the FCC preparing a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars we're talking about the reading card.
Speaker 4: I don't know how, honestly, any doctors that are listening, because I know we have a couple, believe it or.
Speaker 6: Not, thousand gallons of breast bullets.
Speaker 4: No, no, how you can continue to produce unless you have like fifty kids. I thought you had to have a kid in stock Oh my god, I just can't even.
Speaker 6: Talk without messing something up. But I tell you what.
Speaker 4: The good news network. We're going to visit right now, some author, I don't care. Author, lady for us, can you get this quality fair in Orlando, Florida. Go ahead, up and down the dial, give it a whirl. This is like a chef inspired meal.
Speaker 6: Let's go. Farmers use bees.
Speaker 4: Gets What these farmers use bees for looks like a farmer over in I think Zimbabwe or something. They use bees to deter elephants from romping over crops.
Speaker 6: They say it's a win, win for all.
Speaker 4: I don't know how that would be a win for the elephants, but I guess because their their skin is so thick that a bee can't penetrate it. But it's a swarm scares them, maybe because their ears. Maybe they have sense and beer. I mean, they're afraid of mice. Elephants are kind of pussies.
Speaker 6: Uh oh.
Speaker 4: Thousands of circular homes are surviving hurricanes across the US thanks to a North Carolina company. So we have hope here in Florida that we're gonna maybe have some homes that withstand the hurricanes and and maybe insurance companies will come back.
Speaker 6: Wow, oh my gosh, Now that's dumb.
Speaker 4: That's about a bird all these British people are like hanging out in somebody's backyard because this bird came back after a hurricane.
Speaker 6: That's it's a wop. No, not like that, like not pow okay.
Speaker 4: Remarkably pat a sa slug found a Monterey Bays lightless depths is nicknamed mystery mollusc.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 4: We have a mystery mollusk mollusk amongst us. And now pow, we're gonna go to Notre Dame. Did you hear this one? You know you're Irish. Oh you don't know. Notre Dame bells not only did Notre Dame football team, you know, beat somebody recently, forget who, but Notre Dame bells ring out for the first time in four years.
Speaker 6: You're not talking about the football team, it's Notre Dame. Oh whatever, not Trudame.
Speaker 4: Anyway, they ranked the bells rang for the first time in eight in four years. You missed the big part of that. That's for two of big Notre Dame. Oh my gosh, we got to close on this one. I have so much different stuff with bird watchers again and then warriors and all that.
Speaker 5: But we have a baby. Did learn it? Elephants or pussies. What are we gonna about Emu's.
Speaker 6: Baby emu orphan? They think, how cute that is.
Speaker 4: It's the thing that looks like an ostrich lives out in ner Ostine and several other places.
Speaker 6: Baby insurance commercials.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, baby Emu orphan is adopted by a chicken, said an unexpected A lot of paperwork involved with that, they said, an unexpected mother. Hen turned teacher. She's got to teach the EMU to be like this is gonna be the first balking emuck.
Speaker 5: Had.
Speaker 6: That hurt my throat.
Speaker 4: Good luck my little Emu and Mama Hen. Thank you, Taco bob.
Speaker 6: Linchin Tago on demand. Tell Lothy, I.
Speaker 4: Heeartway you ask all right for all of your I don't know if you know this, but when you don't have time to read the Washington Post, you can listen to it.
Speaker 6: Almost every article has a listening option. And right now you can become a Washington Post subscriber for just fifty cents a week. It's an incredible deal.
Speaker 5: Stay on top of what's happening by signing up at Washingtonpost dot com slash pod that's Washingtonpost dot com slash po d