Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to four o'clock hours. Started a little late, but it's okay. Four or five Here on a Wednesday afternoon, it is coffee and company and we are fueled bout Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: My name is Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: The one and only Austin Montgomery, the travel Chief, is alongside and I am.
Speaker 3: I'm a father of two.
Speaker 2: Austin doesn't have any any kids that I know of, or that he knows I have. You have a puppy, Okay, might as well be a dad. Well maybe you can relate a little bit here. But yesterday was the first time that I can really think of in my four year old son's time here on Earth where I was very very upset at, very disappointed, but I didn't really know.
Speaker 3: Who to be mad at.
Speaker 2: And I'll explain, okay, because what I think I really have learned here is that it's if it's anybody's fault, it's mine. So but yesterday, and the reason I'm thinking to share this is because there's another story that is going viral that is not the same but kind of similar. So yesterday, I'm leaving and I am closing out, you know, all the applications on the studio computer that we use throughout the day. I've got my email still pulled up. It's the last thing that I that I still have open. And I happened to see like rapid emails coming in, like five or six came through really almost at like the exact same time, and I'm, okay, I'm thinking, that's kind of odd, that's kind of weird. I know, I don't even get a lot of emails honestly on my on my work email. So as soon as I saw who it was from, I knew what was goinging on here. Moose was he was picked up early from daycare because my stepdad he got back from he got back from his trip from Africa. Yeah, and my my wife took took Moose to surprise him and just you know, welcoming back. And so he ended up kind of hanging out at home with mom until until you know, his sister and I got home.
Speaker 3: So what does he do?
Speaker 2: He plays his PlayStation because you know, he's spoiled like crazy because he's four and he has a PlayStation and he's got, you know, a lot of games. And what I learned is when I was leaving yesterday, he has a lot more games now because my man was just buying PlayStation games out the rear end yesterday, just hitting buttons. He made his way to the store and he's just, you know, you, we'll take that. Fifty nine ninety nine. Yep, thirty nine ninety nine. Let me get that too. Nine ninety nine was one, so he you know, So I'm just I mean, I mean that we're talking like over a couple hundred dollars spend on video games, and I don't know how, like you can't return and now we haven't downloaded them because that takes I mean, you may not have enough storage to download them. But I mean, I don't know what course of action I have to like return these because we don't need them.
Speaker 3: But I don't even know if you can you do that.
Speaker 4: When you buy them online it might be tough. But if you haven't downloaded them, you may be able to get in touch, like find the uh.
Speaker 2: Like they can see that I haven't I haven't actually acquired the item. Therefore they can like they can refund the purchase and therefore, like I don't have it, and if I ever do want it, I'll have to buy it again. Like I'm I'm thinking, like in a perfect world, that would work out, but I'm new to all this.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking because I'm the king at calling people back and saying, hey, I want a refund for this and sounding are you you're the king? Uh, I know how to do that. So I mean, maybe if you explain the situation to him, because I'm pretty sure that's not the first time ever. Yeah, that that's happened, they may be able to cause when you buy it online, you buy the licensing to that game, and they may be able to take it back.
Speaker 2: And yeah, because I haven't obtained it year, like I guess if I haven't actually downloaded, I guess I haven't. Like again, I'm talking into my rear end here, like I haven't a Like, there's no there's nothing they would see that I've actually taken any step to a choir said game other than giving them my money.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: With him clicking a button.
Speaker 5: Dare, I asked what games were they?
Speaker 3: Oh, you're going to be proud of him. Okay, so he got he got WW two k.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, wwe Yeah, the newest one twenty five or twenty two.
Speaker 3: So he got twenty four because it was relatively cheaper.
Speaker 5: A ten dollars one.
Speaker 3: And no it wasn't ten bucks.
Speaker 5: It was ok.
Speaker 3: It was like thirty nine ninety nine or something. But it came with.
Speaker 2: Like a it came with like a deluxe thing to insure, you know, So I don't it gives him options to do a little more than I guess just the standard version of the two of the two K twenty four one. So you know, I told him because he's he's all into wrestling now, he wants to he wants to watch it on his tablet and whatnot. And then this is something that I just cannot relate to. But I know it's a big thing.
Speaker 3: I just missed this.
Speaker 2: I think my even guys who are gamer like people my age that were really into games more than I was. This wasn't a thing when we were younger watching people play video games. Oh yeah, but right after, you know, I guess, you know, I would say it's probably a little bit before your time. Like when you were in yeah, you were in like high school and stuff. You all didn't spend hours watching people play video games online. Right, no, you know, but you know it's a new world now, right, Yeah, it's how these people become super famous.
Speaker 4: What's what kids do? They watch people? They watch people either watch TV or play video games.
Speaker 2: So he stumbled upon a YouTube video that was just a simulation of the WWEE a sports game, and it's the Royal Rumble and he's watching it again, the video game, and he's just he thinks it's the coolest thing ever. So he tells me he wants to get the video game. Well I told him, look, you know, if you can, if you can, behave for a week. And I don't want to insinuate that he's been like a terrible kid, but like he he hangs around kids a lot older than him. So he just he doesn't, you know, he just he doesn't even realize at times he might be doing something that's considered talking back or giving attitude, and he just doesn't understand it. So I try to say, like, you know, you can't talk to your mom that way, right, you know, don't don't give us, don't give us any any attitude. Ay, We're just trying to be nice. And I told him, if you you know, if you can be on your best behavior for a week, then I'll get you the game.
Speaker 3: And you know, every day he.
Speaker 2: Was really good and would ask me like, hey, Dad, have I done good enough? And I'm like, you got to keep it up. You got to keep it up, you know, and then sure enough he went the whole week. So I bought it for him. And you know, he's he's too young, like he when I say too young, like, yes, he's probably too young as far as the content of what he's doing, what he's what he's watching. But when I say too young, what I mean is that, like it's hard for me to learn how to play that game, right, but I now have to learn how to play games so I can and then show him because he's only he's only four, right, and I'm still learning and was trying to learn on Sunday how to play the WWE game. And you know, when I'm in a match trying to figure it out, you know, he gets antsy. He wants to play right, and you know, he's four, so like any little thing that like, you know, if he loses a match or something happens, he's you know, he gets he gets frustrated. Yeah, so you know, I you know, I told him, like, look, I'm gonna have to learn some basics here just so I can teach you and then you can, you know, you can have fun with it. Like I didn't realize when I bought him a PlayStation and you know, thought, you know, and he does love it, but he wants to play with someone at all times, like he doesn't. It's rare for him to go play by himself. But anyways, long story short, yesterday, there's like all these add ons you can get with the WWE games that I didn't know of. So he bought twenty five yesterday, he got the new one now, and then he bought like some version of like Who's the Wrestler that passed away pretty tragically at a young age not that long ago. That was really Big Bray.
Speaker 3: Why. Yeah, there's like some kind of add On Bray Wyatt version. He bought that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was just nothing but WWE add on my guy, And uh, you're right, I am proud, and also I think he was.
Speaker 3: He was you. I guess you can like create a wrestler.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you sure can.
Speaker 3: And there's certain things that like there's certain things that you you have to buy if you want it to be on your wrestler.
Speaker 2: And he was willing to pay top dollar for his wrestler to have everything needed to be you know, whatever he wanted. So that's awesome, Like and it's one of those things that I mean, like there's no lecture, there's no like, how dare you?
Speaker 3: How could you you know better?
Speaker 2: He didn't know what he was doing, And it's my dumb ass fault for not like having it set up to where he needs like a pass code to do that, right, So like it's really my fault more than anything. And yet like we haven't even told him that he did that, because again, like what would be the point of that. I can't it's not a it's not a disciplined situation. It's really not even a learning experience. I don't think for a second he knew he was buying something, although you know, if he did know, I wouldn't be shocked if he was, like, you know what, I was good for a week, Let's get six more games dad, Like you know, it's just kind. He's going to be aggressive with it if he can. So anyways, what made me think to share that story is a is a story that is much worse than mine, because an eight year old in Kentucky somehow ordered seventy thousand dumb dumb lollipops off Amazon because he wanted to throw a carnival and be kind and give them back to his friends.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: So it says here that the boy ordered them while fiddling around with his mother's phone, and by the time she realized what had happened, it was too late, and an asinine amount of lollipops the Kentucky kid ordered had already been delivered. So delivered. He's eight years old. Kind of feel like at eight, wouldn't you know you're doing that?
Speaker 3: He'd Yeah, I mean, like.
Speaker 5: Feel a little bit more cognizant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every kid's different, but I feel like at eight, you have a little like you may not be old enough to like truly know the extent of what you're doing, but like you probably know you are buying something with your mom's money.
Speaker 3: Maybe you just thought, hey, it's a few, you.
Speaker 2: Know, when I go to the snack bar at the little league baseball game, they're a quarter, So buying you know, seventy thousand of them won't be that expensive. Well, it ended up being four thousand dollars of mama's money.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that that that was spent.
Speaker 2: So it was this is apparently this is in Lexington where this happened. So and I'm trying to see if there's more to it as far as what they ended up what they ended up doing with like all the all the lollipops. But yeah, So for me being a little upset about, you know, roughly three hundred bucks that I'm gonna try to get back and maybe I can could be worse.
Speaker 3: Could you know?
Speaker 2: My kid could have ordered four thousand dollars, Like, even if we can't get our money back, there's at least some value that he has with these games. Although it's pretty stupid to have the two K twenty four and the two K twenty five at the same time. It'd be different if, you know, you got to the twenty four because you're waiting for twenty five.
Speaker 3: But anyways, I.
Speaker 5: Don't even have twenty five yet.
Speaker 4: I was actually supposed to be I was actually supposed to be a I'm sorry of Valentine's Day gift from the Lovely Sydney in Kentucky a couple months ago.
Speaker 3: And now you're just realizing it never came right, Oh well.
Speaker 5: What happened with it?
Speaker 4: Knows Sydney, Sidney and Kentucky. So basically, what you're saying is I should really give deep thought before I have kids.
Speaker 2: What you're saying, yes and no. I mean you should do that for sure, regardless. But I'm only half joking. I'm a little worried because I think, you know, like my wife tells me at times whenever I'm getting on the kids about hey, don't talk back to your mom or you know, please, you know, just really it's just listen, like that's what we want to. Just listen to what we say, Like right, look, look across the street, look both ways before you go in the street to get your basketball that you dropped. You know, when you're on your tablet at a restaurant eating, you know, pay attention when you eat is you know? If not, you end up taking a bath essentially in the food you order, Like little things like that. But my wife has told me that I need to be a little bit more like not not stern or like mean, but like she's like, I don't even believe you that you're upset. You think they're gonna believe you and I'm like, I don't know what I mean. I'm trying trying my best here. So you should always think about big decisions like having kids. But I think this could be substantially worse and I'll probably you know, still have a hard time being mad at them.
Speaker 5: So well, I think, if anything, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Be as softy as a dad.
Speaker 5: I know that absolutely. I'm sort of scared of that.
Speaker 3: And that's and that's you know you are.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would say parents they like if you know somebody, and I guess this could be wrong, but if you know somebody as far as their personality and you know them pretty well, I think you see an extension of their personality in a way that they parent.
Speaker 3: Therefore, you know, like I think my what you hear every.
Speaker 2: Day from me as far as just you know, my sense of humor, and I guess personality if I have any like, there's a lot of layers to that within the way I'm a dad, and that's the way you'll be when you have kids, and it'll be it'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: And it seems like for the most part, you know, take it for what it's worth. But you so far since getting Moose to PlayStation. It seems like you guys have done a good job of like incentivizing him and like, yeah, we'll get games and do that rather than just like all right, kids, stop and leave me alone.
Speaker 5: You play your game.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that because you make me feel better now, because yes, we got him a PlayStation, and I remember, I think we talked about it on the show. I'm like, you know, I love getting him that he's gonna love it, and he's a good kid, But like, at what point do I need to be mindful of, like does he just gonna think he gets everything he wants? So then we did the Hey, if you behave and you and you know, you really start to pay attention to how you talk to me and your mother and you know, listening to instructions and just being kind to people and whatnot, you know, then you can be.
Speaker 3: Rewarded for good behavior.
Speaker 2: You should always have good behavior, but really if you go, you know, if you really make it a point to to really be on your best behavior, you can you can get a reward. So that was a big good moment and then you know this happened, But again it's my fault. It's not his He didn't do it on purpose, you know.
Speaker 4: How's uh, how's mayo on the video games front? Is that something that she not really likes?
Speaker 2: She likes to she likes to watch him play, but maybe for like fifteen seconds, then she gets bored. She'll go sit on his bed and like get comfortable as if she's watching a movie, and then she's like, all right, see a bubby, She's she's a short attention. Get time for exactly real quick before we get to our first break here in the four o'clock hour, James Scott has committed to ole Miss, which I will admit I haven't followed his recruitment as closely as maybe some others, but to me, it seemed as if it was going to be either in c State or Memphis, and I.
Speaker 3: Think what to Memphis was making that up. Maybe maybe maybe he was ole Miss.
Speaker 2: Either way, he's at ole Miss, and it sounds like, uh, you know, that was the best situation for him as of right now. I think in C State was always a uh it always appeared to be the likely landing spot for him, and maybe I don't know what change, but if they are in fact going to land PJ Haggerty, the guard from Memphis, meaning NC State. It may have gotten to the point where they just didn't have enough money to offer James Scott what they initially had planned and maybe what he wanted. So I wish him the best, but you know, at ole Miss, I do think he will fit a Chris Beard style a little bit better, just kind of you know, like energy, effort, physicality, that kind of stuff. But I just feel like his best case scenario as a player was going to be playing for Pat Kelsey. But that's probably me just you know, being selfish. I will I will say it is wild. How now all the people that are covering this on the old Miss side, like two different websites have reported this this news of course because it's big news for them. They listed him at seven to one. I guess, you know, when you leave Louisville, James Scott, he's six'. Ten maybe he's listed at six. Ten he's probably six,' nine and for, some reason somehow he's now listed by, you know those that Are Covering ole miss as a seven foot, one player which, he's not and he's not close and there's a vast difference in being seven. TO one i mean put it, this way we kind of saw and this is not a Knock, on james because this guy does it to a lot, of people but, Our, boy kokbrenner.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Cockbrenner's right it just met. He uh He Made james scott look really. Really small he's seven one or, seven two like, you, know yes so he's not seven. To ONE but i wish him the best at it'll miss, all right, quick break we'll, come back keep it. Rolling along we'll talk a little more about the decision to Move The louisville kentucky basketball game To, early november which is just kind.
Speaker 3: Of, weird no it's, really, weird actually but. We'll adjust we.
Speaker 2: Always DO and i know a lot of you probably weren't happy With the pacers doing what they did last night because, You know donovan And, the calves but we got to talk.
Speaker 3: About it it. Was crazy stick around right Here On sports talk.
Speaker 1: Seven ninety now back to Coffee, and company Fueled by Thornton's On sports talk.
Speaker 2: Seven ninety, that's right Coffee and company Fueled by thornton's Here On sports talk. Seven ninety rolling along at halfway, Through here so if you missed the, first half you, missed out but. Don't worry the podcast it's always there for you to go back and. Listen to and if you're here now. Hang out we're with you. Till six so a lot more to. Get into we have talked a lot About The louisville kentucky basketball game moving to much earlier in the season than we're. Used to it's going to be Played, On tuesday november, the eleventh which is the earliest the game's ever. Been played, in fact it's just the second time in the history of the series that the two have Played. In november the last time came in the nineties and it was at the End. Of november so it'll it'll, be weird. For SURE and i think it.
Speaker 3: Is not what.
Speaker 2: FANS want i think that's. Pretty clear but, AND look i totally understand AND absolutely i am not surprised the fans are upset about it on. Both sides but once we get to. It ONCE when i say get, TO it, i mean like, you know when that thing, TIPS off i think everything is just removed from your brain and you become. LOCKED in i was, gonna, say psycho but that's. JUST me a lot of you probably aren't psycho. About IT but i do love that we have a rivalry kind of. Renewed here AND what i mean is it's just fresh because TWO new, i mean when's the, last time, if ever that the two programs started with new coaches at the. Same Time clearly kentucky has got the Best of louisville, and basketball we, know That But cali, Perry leaving pope coming In like pope may have a great Run. Against, louisville look he's want to know, right Now but, louisville fans at least from, my perspective we needed a RESET because I, MEAN cal i mean not only did, he dominate but even in games where you felt like he probably, shouldn't win they. Would win like it was just, you know it'd become it'd become not fun. AT all, I mean i'm NOT saying i wish we wouldn't. Play them we could lose to them eighty. STRAIGHT times I think i would still want, to play because that's what makes sports. Great rivalries But With, PAT kelsey, i mean you feel good about where you are and where, you're headed and there's just an Element To kentucky that part of it Is because cal is gone and he just, you know he was somebody that would put together rosters that you'd be very. Fearful of, BUT now, i mean you have a different, guy There and pope may put together better teams that we should still be. Fearful of but when they would bring in a bunch OF future nba players and maybe they were off to a, great start maybe they, were struggling you, just knew regardless of what their situation was at the.
Speaker 3: Time the game.
Speaker 2: Was played and this can be said about the majority of The teams kentucky played against when cal, was there if they were at, their best and that, you know they were showing why they are viewed AS future nba lottery picks or, first rounders you could play well and still lose because they just. Were loaded what sucked is whenever they weren't loaded and you felt like you had a, good team you'd still. Sometimes lose and that just made me, want to, you know.
Speaker 5: Rip my.
Speaker 2: Hair out but, So, far, louisville again they've lost more than. They've won we, know That and popes want, to ZERO but i think it's nice to know That if louisville does in fact move forward and win two out of three or three out of four or something.
Speaker 3: Like that it's not going to be considered some big shock.
Speaker 2: At ALL and i think if, that happens it won't Be because pope's fallen flat on his Face in. KENTUCKY'S stinks i think both programs are set to be pretty good for the. FORESEEABLE future, i know we evaluate sort of how good you actually are based off of what you do in, the TOURNAMENT but, I mean i think both programs as of now the future, looks bright and we really haven't been able to say that in, a while and mostly Because of. Louisville, Side, right like let's be real basketball HERE at u l has been sort OF a i don't want to, be dramatic but like it's been a mess when you, just consider, you know certain things, that obviously, you know we're unfortunate with the Reasons that patino was let go in, that stuff and then, of course, you know you had a pandemic that took place that really completely altered everything about the, mac era and then you had a hire that was probably one of the, worst hires maybe the worst hire in the history of. College basketball so, you know just maybe that's one of the Reasons why i'm not as bummed about this schedule change, Because one i'm gonna, you know they could, play it they could play It On christmas day at two pm or, two Am and i'm going to WATCH because. I would i would DO everything i can to be able to watch IT because i love. This stuff i'm a sicko. For it so that's one aspect regardless of when they, Play it i'm going To be i'm gonna be ready.
Speaker 3: To go, but also, YOU know.
Speaker 2: I just feel better about the RIVALRY because i feel better about who's Running the louisville side. Of things and, you Know maybe, i'm WRONG but i just Don't think pope's gonna put teams together that you just, feel, like oh what are we going? To do we can't, beat them, all right so stick them. With BASKETBALL the acc did in fact do what was reported, last week and that is make a change to the conference, basketball schedule and IN typical, ACC fashion i think they they messed. This up so you have seventeen teams in, the conference and you previously had, twenty games a twenty game schedule where you'd play everybody at, least once and you'd play a handful of. Teams, twice well they've gotten rid of, two games so you're going to play an eighteen. Game SCHEDULE and i think was what was, just assumed because this IS how i think most would do it is that you would play everybody once and then you'd play one. Team twice and they decided not to. Do that so they're HAVING a, I mean i don't know what since. This makes but now you're going to play fourteen teams, one time you will play two, teams twice and then you'll have an, opponent zero which means you will not. Play them you will not play every team in your league because there's one team, that ever each each team will have an opponent in the league that will not be an opponent for, a season, which AGAIN like I don't i don't. Get It so louisville WILL play. Smu twice that was what was reported last week by a couple of different folks that when it comes to who you're going to be paired with to get a second, game against it IT. Is smu now who you end up getting for your, second series meaning you play, them twice that's to. BE determined i don't know when they're going to. ANNOUNCE that i haven't looked at the. Full release maybe they've let maybe they've announced when they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna put that. Out THERE but i hope it's a. Good TEAM like, i know, you know if You, get.
Speaker 2: Duke people, will, think, well GEEZ the acc is really, Killing US and i, get it like that wouldn't be ideal because it's going to, be tough but, you need you need to play the teams THAT you i shouldn't say no are going to be good because you really. Never KNOW, BUT smu, i mean when's the last time they made? A tournament been, a, while right when's the last time they? Were good so you have. THEM twice i don't really see a whole lot of value in. Those Wins maybe, i'm wrong but. WE'LL see i would hope that you get one of the better teams, that is, you Know and I'm. TALKING duke i was Gonna, say carolina but like, YOU know i guess now we know that you Can beat carolina and it doesn't really do much because they've had years Where With hubert davis they're just not. That good so that's the decision and what, this Does And matt norlander alluded to. This earlier the Reason behind the change here is because they clearly realize that they need THEY need acc teams to have a better resume when they get To, selection sunday and each team playing twenty games eliminates opportunities to play really good teams because here LATELY the acc has not had many really. GOOD teams, I mean I think i'll always go Back to january of. Last year, THIS year i should say. Last season it. Was fun it was. Really fun IT was, i mean it was really when, WE started, i think come back to life as a, fan base because they went on a really big, winning streak got some wins along the way that at the time we felt pretty. Good about didn't necessarily end up playing out, that way but they were just reeling off when, after when but they weren't getting any value because the league just didn't have teams that if you, beat them would really give you. Any value and that's just it's really unheard of FOR the, acc historically but lately that's been. The TREND so i do APPLAUD the acc for making, this change but it also kind of confirms what we already know that the league is in basketball taking some gigantic, steps back which. Is, UNFORTUNATE now i think the league getting back to where it needs to be is not a task that's just too tall to. Take down, it's just, you know you got to wonder how long it's going. TO take, i mean when you look at the early top twenty five RANKINGS that espn put out yesterday that we, Talked about kentucky was at, number eleven louis was at, Number Seven so duke's, At six, Louisville Seven and i'm looking AT the acc, Teams here but then you got to go all the way down to, twenty five And, that's carolina and then the next in line doesn't feature ANY as. Acc TEAM and i think it's Generous putting carolina at twenty five given the Fact that i'm looking at, THE roster i don't think they got better from a, year ago which, YOU know i think is saying something given the fact that they didn't make that they shouldn't have made the tournament. Last YEAR so i think it makes total sense to not have Teams, like virginia teams LIKE in c state teams Like even miami in the top. Twenty five but wouldn't be shocked If If will wade starts. Off strong same Thing For ryan Odam, at virginia AND then i don't know what to expect at All With jay Lucas, at miami but he's certainly adding, some Talent and i'd love to be wrong, about him because the BETTER the, acc is the better it is for, you. Know EVERYBODY so i would Hope that louisville will use these two now available dates to go schedule some non conference opponents that'll, give you, you know a chance to get some wins that will help you On. Selection sunday you gotta keep in mind they are we know They've, got kentucky we know they're going to be IN THE Acc, sec challenge we don't know the opponent. Just yet and they also go back. To tennis They play. Tennessee again they're going to Go to knoxville, To play so that'll be another opportunity to get a non conference when that will certainly have some value if you can you can get a Winning a knoxville will, be difficult but, you know it's also one of those games that if you play competitively and, you, lose yeah that's not it's not what, you want but it didn't, hurt, you right at least it Shouldn't if tennessee's, you know as good as they, typically ARE and i just realized that'll Be The native. Mint game, he's uh still weird to me that he ended Up, at tennessee, But yeah so THAT'S the acc. Basketball announcement they've gotten rid of the twenty. Game schedule they're moving. To eighteen you will have one game against, fourteen teams and then you WILL play, smu twice and then you'll play another team twice that we don't know who that, is yet and.
Speaker 3: There's one team randomly that you.
Speaker 2: Won't play and here's, What's crazy like there's a chance that like you Don't get duke and some would say you, got lucky you got, a gift or like maybe that's like you just lost out on an opportunity that like you need to have because your league just doesn't. Give YOU and i know it Sound like i'm being DRAMATIC and i don't, mean to but, let's like let's. Be Honest, LIKE louisville i don't agree with him being an, eight seed but there was always that scenario the committee could Look at louisville, and, say yeah who'd? You beat and, you know it's a it's a legitimate thing to. Bring up, all right if ibout two about seven one seventy nine hundred is. The number if you guys want to jump in and, join us let's Go to let's Go to mike who joins Us On sports talk. Seventy ninety what's Happening?
Speaker 1: To mike.
Speaker 6: Everything's, going good. LITTLE brother i wanted to. Call it congratulate you on the successful. Basketball Season coach kelsey's. Doing great.
Speaker 3: THANK you i, didn't PLAY but i. Appreciate, that, Well yeah i'm.
Speaker 6: Here to support.
Speaker 1: Little brother That's what i'm.
Speaker 6: Calling about, AND see i called in to, be nice and you know.
Speaker 2: The problem you called me a.
Speaker 3: Little brother that's.
Speaker 6: Not, nice yeah, well whatever that's the Problem with. Louisville fans whenever you open, your mouth words. Come, out now if you just sit there and let me do my, spill here bring it that.
Speaker 3: A, radio?
Speaker 2: UP bro i, mean THIS didn't i mean? This this first, of all this is my, radio show. Not Yours so I'm gonna i'm gonna go ahead and end. This conversation that. One's over glad you. CALLED in, i mean.
Speaker 3: At least at least. Be entertaining at least, YOU know.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that was. YOUR brother, i mean.
Speaker 2: Like like little brother is still gonna be mentioned from time to time because you know it, always will not just with, this rivalry but you. Know others, BUT like, i mean come come a little stronger and. Trust me I've i've i've let people do their thing on the. Air here but that wouldn't that wasn't Your best go back to the go back to the, drawing board think of some, better content, better material and and and give it, another.
Speaker 3: Go because you know you're better. Than. That mike that's, his, Name, Right. Mike mike mike knows he's better, than that?
Speaker 5: Does?
Speaker 3: HE well, I mean I just, I mean.
Speaker 2: I DON'T mean i didn't have any expectation for that CALL because i didn't know who.
Speaker 3: It was, but either to, be fair that's and. THAT'S fine, i mean.
Speaker 2: That's fine you did your party said he wanted to talk about THE uk U of, l game and. That's fine but, you, know like has it ever worked for somebody to call anybody's radio show, and say if you just, be quiet not open your mouth and let me do, My thing like how, about no how about you do your own thing on your?
Speaker 3: Radio?
Speaker 2: Show mike WHERE can i check, you, out brother he just pulled the nick Coffee on, NICK coffee, i mean just let me you.
Speaker 5: Sit down, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah not a lot of people know what you're referring, To there, BUT yeah i let me do. My thing that almost went over, my HEAD but i got there before. It did but in all, in all, in all, you know in, all honesty, you know, give it give it a better shot, Next. Time MIKE and i, don't, mean like, you know call in and, be NICE but i mean you tried to deliver. And execute you know Something about louisville fans open their mouth that words.
Speaker 3: Come out that's. The issue like that's just, not good you KNOW what.
Speaker 2: I mean like that's not funny in, any way that's, not clever that's, not like, you know, be better. YOU know i, Mean again I'm not i'm not trying to gash you up to, you know start throwing the stripper jokes and and all that kind. Of STUFF but i mean there was really no substance. To that we can have a, conversation anyway. Quick break we'll come back on the other side wrap of the four, o'clock hour and we'll be out of here. At six AND then I guess mike's show comes on and we'll be looking forward to that right Here On sports talk seven To.
Speaker 1: Ninety now Back to Coffee and company Fueled by Thornton's On sports talk seven, nine.
Speaker 5: Day and they've gotta again get this. Basketball there there's gonna be at one.
Speaker 3: Point game you know you're gonna get fouled if you're your guys have got to do a much better job of.
Speaker 1: Getting Open missus halliburton, the rebound.
Speaker 3: No pickens they do have a. Time out carlisle's gonna let them. Play Skifts.
Speaker 1: Tyrase hallo burton trying To take.
Speaker 3: CLEVELAND'S heart.
Speaker 2: I Think tyrese Haliburton took, cleveland's heart, their soul. Their existence that is about as bad of a way to lose a game as you will. Ever SEE AND i i didn't HAVE any i didn't have, any doubt although, you know Had. Had cleveland i'm kind of In a i'm in a win win situation a little bit with this Because if donovan wins and he moves on and he can get To The Eastern, conference Finals Then i'll i'll feel, You know i'll feel pretty uh pretty good about IT because I want donovan to. Do Well but i'm Not a. Cavs fan I'm a. Pacers fan so somebody, ASKED me I think i might Have, been, monday, like hey what are you going to do in? This, series well, you know EVEN if i wanted to cheer For the caves Because, OF donovan i DON'T think i Could because i've Loved the pacers for a long long Time and i'm PRETTY sure i. Always will but it was tough last night to see that. For HIM but I mean i did enjoy seeing my team get the Dub. AND macdonovan i mean it just led to people realizing that guy's, really special which we, already knew and they had a bunch, of INJURIES but, i mean he did. His part there's no way. Around it he did his part as far as, you know doing what. WAS neat, i mean he couldn't have done. Much more he had nearly fifty points in that game. Last night but let me give you some numbers really quickly here that just really put in perspective what. This was so forty eight seconds left on, the Clock the cavs are are down seven and, they won which, is crazy But.
Speaker 3: The pacers.
Speaker 2: Pulled off this is now the second time they've had to comeback like this in the playoffs, this year because they did the same Thing against milwaukee not that. Long ago so check. This out per, ESPN's research nba teams are three, and one, one thousand six hundred and forty when trailing by at least seven points in the final minute of the fourth quarter or overtime since the nineteen ninety seven ninety. Eight, season wow that works out to a winning percentage of zero.
Speaker 5: Point eighteen but.
Speaker 3: There's More.
Speaker 2: The pacers have have been two of those, three wins Not the, pacers franchise This specific, pacers team, because again when they Won in game five Against the bucks one nineteen to, one eighteen it was a very very similar Situation and halliburton did did the. Same THING so i mean he had to miss his own, free throw get his, own rebound and do. ALL that, i mean this is again from this is. From optastats so it's dismissing a, free throw then getting your, own rebound and making a game winning three pointer in a span of. Fifteen seconds sound like a difficult thing. To, do well That's what, haliburton did unlike every other player of the last. Twenty years SO per. Opta stats he's the only player IN the nba player in twenty years to, do that exacting regular season. Or playoffs and then check. THIS out I mean donovan HAD four i mean think. About this they Were Without, Evan Mobley, Darius Garland, DeAndre Hunter the cavs Were and donovan dropped forty, eight points was fifteen, of thirty had, nine dimes, five rebounds four steals in thirty six minutes and it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't enough like that's why it's so crazy to.
Speaker 2: Think If you're indie that you know you were able to to you're able to win in, that scenario not only being down seven with less than, a minute but also getting that kind of performance from one of the best players IN the nba and you still found a way to get out of there with. The win and If, you're cleveland losing the way you did is, you know demoralizing in a, major way but also knowing that you didn't have those guys And yet donovan gave you everything and you had it in your hand and, Then.
Speaker 3: Lost like it's.
Speaker 2: It's crazy so if you're wondering if this year's playoffs have kind of felt crazy with some of these comeback you're, you're right because we're what barely into the second, round here and there's already been four to twenty point comeback wins, this postseason which is more than ANY in nba. Postseason history, SO yeah i know a lot of folks. Around here they just pull For the ravens because Of. Lamar are they pull For the cavs Because, Of DONOVAN and i totally. Get it you don't have a team that gives you a reason to root for, a team and it's fun to have a team to, pull for especially when we don't HAVE an nba team OR an nfl. Team HERE but, I was, I mean i was kind of in disbelief and, What's CRAZY like i would never put his name in the same conversation as far as like the, legendary Status but halliburton in that moment, last night.
Speaker 3: It was he gave me chills because It Was reggie miller, Like that That's What reggie.
Speaker 2: Miller does like that Was like reggie Against, The Knicks, spike lee the, choking gesture non points eight seconds like that was that was kind of, Like that so hard To imagine cleveland winning. This thing now down two, to oho Going to indy for, two games especially that loss was more than just a loss in. The series that felt like that that might have got, at.
Speaker 3: Them but you.
Speaker 2: NEVER know, I mean cleveland's been good, all year but they also, to me, and again injuries were a factor and that should not be, you know that shouldn't. Be ignored but, To me Cleveland and indy for, that matter like We'll see, indy though this. Team's, fearless Man this, PACERS team i think there's something. SPECIAL here, i KNOW but i know they don't have like the Talent that. Boston has and that's WHEN, the nba you got seven. Game series the scenario where a team that's really good loses in a best of seven is. Just UNLIKELY so i think Both the cavs And the pacers have done a phenomenal job of doing the best they can with, Roster MOVES like i think they've done a phenomenal job, with everything but their ceiling is just not nearly as high as a team Like. The, celtics therefore it's, just like no matter who Gets, THE celtics i just think beating them in a seven game series is going to, be really really tough. To do and THAT'S what i was gonna Say about, cleveland again injuries were a, big factor but they're, better at, you know playing different teams throughout an eighty two game schedule here. And there when you get into a some teams are just like you could you could find a certain matchup to where you would know that a team is twenty two games better as far. As record but when they play each other seven times and it becomes, like you're, you know seven straight games and you get to the best, of, seven like it truly changes the ELEMENT of, i mean winning a one off and winning best of seven is a completely. Different Challenge and i'm not obviously just talking about doing it. Four times it's adjusting, and understand, you know getting a feel for. The opponent, all right quick break five o'clock, hours next keep it locked right Here On sports talks seven ninety