Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner. Clurk get them Dives.
Speaker 2: Makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 3: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot.
Speaker 1: Come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 2: Think you're looking real hot.
Speaker 5: Come in get it.
Speaker 6: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 5: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 7: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 5: Dotty best overall?
Speaker 2: Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 6: Fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 2: Ring.
Speaker 5: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch, Tim Kas.
Speaker 1: The road trip continues.
Speaker 8: Next stop Miami, Hi everybody, and we'll welcome in to my Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Monday afternoon. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty three and eleven on this season, first place the top of the al Wes after taking two of three from the Braves over the weekend in Atlanta to start this road trip. The Dodgers now head to South Beach for a three game series against the Marlins. First pitch coming up at three forty coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You are gonna hear from former Dodger first base coach now manager of the Miami Marlins, Clayton McCollough. You'll hear from the current Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. Will dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. David Vasse, our insider, joins us throughout the show. We got your prize picks, double play of the Day, Your Dodgers magical moment. Kirsten Watson is Backsh'll join us in just a little bit, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth and visit with Tim Neverert and Rick Monday Well. The Dodgers wrapped up their series in Atlanta last night a chance to get the sweep, riding a seven game winning streak on Sunday Night Baseball, and it didn't get off to a very good start. Dustin May gave up a two run home run to Austin Riley in the first inning as the Braves jumped out to a one nothing lead. Bryce Elder pished well for the Braves, Dodgers offense struggled against him. Austin Riley, he didn't struggle last night, and the second at bat another to run home run, that one in the third as the Braves took a four to nothing lead over the Dodgers. Finally, in the fourth inning, Dodgers got something going against Bryce Elder.
Speaker 1: Max Munsey found the right field line.
Speaker 3: Playoff pitch and once he rips it to the right field corner, ta Oscar's gonna turn second, head for third. Monthly's gonna turn first, head for second. They're gonna wave home. Herd end is ta Oscar to the plate to throw is cut off by all these and Max Monthly drives in a run with a double Dodgers on the board. It's four to one.
Speaker 8: Max Mounsey RBI number six on this season. With that RBI double down the right field line, Dodgers down four to one, and they started to slowly chip away in this sixth inning and RBI ground out from Max Munsey RBI number seven, number two of the game, and the Dodgers down four to two. And this seventh they continue to cut into the Braves lead. Miguel Rojas off the bench as a pinch hitter.
Speaker 3: Dylan Lee set to go his pitch and Rojas swings hits a drive to left field. It is back toward the bullpen.
Speaker 4: It is gone.
Speaker 9: A home run, A pinch hit home run for Miguel Rojas, and he brings the Dodgers to.
Speaker 3: Within a run. It is four to three. Rojas with his first home run of the season. Oh, how do you like that?
Speaker 1: I like it a lot.
Speaker 8: Miguel Rojas, on a one to two pitch, hits a home run to left field. Dodgers down four to three. Dustin May pitched into the sixth inning. Jack Dryer, who is the starter tonight, pitched in relief at a third of an inning. Luis Garcia two thirds of an inning. Anthony Bonda inn in a third in relief. The Dodgers down four to three. In the ninth inning, facing the closer for the Braves, Riselle Iglesias, Andy Pajas a lead off infield single pinch runner Hay Song Kim steal's second Nobody out tyn run at second, Will Smith struck out on the drop third strike. Kim advances to third on the throat of first, so the Dodgers have the tye run ninety feet away with one out, Miguel Rojas strikes out. Austin Barnes strikes out and ends the game. Dodgers had a chance to tie it in the ninth strand that runner at third Braves win it last night in Atlanta four to three, snapping the Dodgers seven game winning streak.
Speaker 1: Dodgers still takes two to.
Speaker 8: Three in Atlanta, twenty three and eleven on this season, still first place atop the NL West, and the road trip now continues on this Monday in Miami.
Speaker 1: Jack Dryer the opener.
Speaker 8: Ben Kisparius will get a lot of the innings after that and with more we head to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say good afternoon to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 3: Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 4: The roof is closed.
Speaker 3: We'll live indoor baseball tonight here in Miami, Florida. Temperatures outside very pleasant and there's no rain to speak of at this point in time. Where the going to play with the roof closed, nonetheless, as Jack Dreyer will be the opener, followed by Ben Casparius at some point in the game against Sandy Olcontra Sandy. Last time out against the Dodgers didn't fare very well, but he makes a seventh start of the season and his seventh career start against the Dodgers. Dodgers have won seven of the last eight ball games, coming off the loss against the Braves four to three last night, and it's a new day in a new series here in Miami.
Speaker 2: Tim, I think if we look at this Dodger ball club, yes, they lost to the game last night as you're talking about, but if we look at the last eight games as a team, not only have they hit collectively three twenty nine, they're averaging over eight runs per game, so they had not allowed a great number of runs also in that same period of time. So we'll see what's going to take place here. And they've had their way with the Miami Marlins. Is certainly in the homestand at Dodger Stadium, and now they come down here to South Florida. It's gonna be interesting too. We see Asa Kim will get his first major league start. We saw him last night. A stolen basin, a very heads up play advancing from second to third represented the tying run at the top of the ninth was one out, but the Dodgers fell short in losing Game three of that series to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Now, Kim made an impact on the game with his legs. Some pretty good base running displayed, not just the stolen base, but advancing to third on a strikeount wild pitch. Will Smith had the presence of mind to get out of the way and run down to first base for a throw, and it was really good timing on the part of Kim to break at the right moment to go from second to third.
Speaker 2: I'm really anxious to watch Kim in tonight's ballgame because we will see a different approach at home plate, a different stance at home plate than what we saw in Arizona. During spring training. He had the high, late kick. It did not work. He was late a lot on fast balls and that was not the premium velocity of fast balls in spring training. So he's made a big adjustment. It really worked out for the young second baseman where he'll be tonight anxious to see how he handles It will be a.
Speaker 3: Little bit before we see him. He'll back ninth for the Dodgers. Freddie Freeman's been on fire nine game hitting streak for him. Teoscar Hernandez has hit an eleven of the last twelve and Mookie Betts lately has been very very good. Bets will play tonight and he'll play Wednesday, and Mookie's going to get tomorrow on.
Speaker 2: You know, a guy think gets kind of overlooked, not overlooked from an impact of what he can do. But Dino shohe Otani the last eight games is hit right at four hundred, and we'll see how he handles the first bitch thrown to him by a contra tonight. The reason the first bitch thrown to Otani when a contra pitch in la home run.
Speaker 3: Speaking of home runs, Kyle Stowers, who had two in the game the last time the Dodgers and Marlins met at Dodgers Stadium, has kept it going. He's been on fire and this week hit four twenty one for the Marlins. Today named National League Player of the Week. He had a walk off brand slam here a couple of days ago in a two home run game against the Athletics. He'll be in the line of playing left field and batting second and a very good young bat for the Marlins.
Speaker 2: Good Matt and overlook the fact that Miami they may be in last place in the Eastern Division, but they note that they want to be able to get a part of the world champion Dodgers. They come into town. A lot of people in South Florida coming down either from Phero Beach or just right here, South Florida to see the defending world champs.
Speaker 3: Jack Dryer the left. He will be the opener for the Dodgers. Sandy L. Contre will go for the Marlins. Dodgers twenty three and eleven, still the best record in Major League Baseball Marlins thirteen and twenty ten.
Speaker 8: All right, as we cut down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a't Shakey's Pizza Parlor?
Speaker 4: What are your.
Speaker 8: Shaky's Pizza chick in and Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com? Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Well, here from both managers, Dave Roberts of the Dodgers, Clayton McCullough of the Miami Marlins. David Vez saychecks in throughout the show. We got your magical moment, your prize picks. Double players a Day will break down this pitching matchup with Jack Dryer as your opener.
Speaker 7: What up next?
Speaker 8: Your old time you rewind, then we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports net LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Marlins on the Cinco de Mayo Monday. First pitch from Miami, coming.
Speaker 1: Up at three forty.
Speaker 8: I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: It's the Dodgers and Marlin started a three game set on this Cinco de Mayo.
Speaker 1: Jack Dryer the opener, Sanio Contada. We'll go for the Marlins. First pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani rewide to two offer swine hot belta the right center of paycheck.
Speaker 3: That's gonna split the outfielders and Harris cuts it off in.
Speaker 1: Front of the track.
Speaker 3: Otani around first and I'll pop up slide at second with a two out double and the tying run is in scoring position.
Speaker 8: Show hey Otani. It was a double last night. It was his fifth of the season. Otani goes one for three with a walk, now hitting two ninety four on the season.
Speaker 5: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 8: Hey, Kirston now joins us from Miami Pride to buy cars for kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call Eat seven seven Cars for Kids right now Friendly agents Dandy by to take your donation.
Speaker 1: That's cars with the K to donate your car.
Speaker 8: Today Dodgers take two to three in Atlanta, and today we're gonna see the young pups, Jack Dryer, Ben Kitsparius.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so Jack Dryer is going to be the opener today, so we'll have to start. But the plan is is that benk Sparris is gonna take down the bulk of this game. And we saw his last outing how he was able to do just that. But even even so in that last one, seuse me, he had fifty four pitches, and Dave Roberts said today that he feels really comfortable for him to whether it's that fifty sixty even if you had to push him to kind of that seventy pitch count range, for him to hopefully take down like four innings is a really good spot. And by putting Jack Dryer as the opener, it just feels like it gives Ben more opportunity just to eat up more of the game. So they feel they've been really impressed with him this year and even his stuffs looking fantastic. There was maybe that one outing against the Cubs back in LA that kind of got his era up, but he was able to redeem himself in Chicago. So he's looking forward to this one and it does sound like he could be in this role in the rotation more rather than out of a bowl, out of the bullpen, at least for at least one more kind of time through the rotation.
Speaker 8: Over the weekend, we saw hays On Kim come off the bench as a defensive replacement.
Speaker 1: We saw him on the bass.
Speaker 8: Pass last night ninety feet away almost in a Dodger's comeback win over the Braves. And tonight he gets his first MLB Stars.
Speaker 1: He sure does, and he's excited.
Speaker 10: I mean, first of all, hayes On Kim is just he is absolutely the best. He is the best personality, the best smile, He just is so kind and so for him to get this opportunity one he's worked really hard and he's deserved the call up. We saw how aggressive he can be, how that is such a big factor in his game. He's someone who he wants not only the pitcher to be uncomfortable, but he wants to contribute in any way that he can. And so with him being as you mentioned, whether it was a defensive replacement, a pinch runner, you know, he wanted to find different ways to contribute, and so by being aggressive on the bass path, he was able to put himself in position to hopefully score a run. Obviously, as you mentioned, they didn't, but just to be in position that's huge. So for him today to get the start, Dave Roberts was talking about just the biggest adjustments he's been seeing with him has been offensively. You know, they knew he's a good defender, they knew how fast he was and how athletic he was, just wanted to make a few adjustments. They felt like there's a little bit too much kind of swing and miss, especially what they were seeing in spring training. And he essentially just started from scratch when it comes to hitting, and so he used to have a leg kick that is now gone. His swing path is just way more direct to the ball and through the strike zone rather than kind of it was a little bit of a slower one, and obviously with big league pitchers that doesn't work out so well. So he completely started over and he's been saying he feels a lot more comfortable just with those adjustments. He still feels like he's working on things, but for right now, he's just he's excited to be here. He understands why he's started in Triple A and he just wants to contribute in any way possible at the big league level and enjoy these moments.
Speaker 8: Cannot wait to see him get his major league debut. In his first step bat tonight, Kris said, we appreciate it when check going to you after the game. Still to come here on Marongo Becauseino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitch matchup. David Vaz say will go high and ty, but next an injury report, they look at the pregame thoughts of Dodger manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Marlins from Miami. First pitch coming up in three forty. I'm Tim Kats and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 8: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues on this sinko to myle as we lean you up to first pitch from Miami Dodgers and Marlins Morongo Casino Resort and Spa, A Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 1: First pitch set for three forty.
Speaker 8: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report present of my UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Thirteen players on the IL for the Dodgers, including Tommy Edmund on the I L with the sword ride Ankle, Tyler Glass now on the IL with the shoulder inflammation, Blake Snell on the I L with the left shoulder soreness, Blake trying it on the sixty day IL, Michael Kopeck on the sixty day IL, Clayton Kersh on the sixty day sixty day IL. Els will to come off the IL on May eighteenth as he continues to ramp up with minor league rehab starts. All right, let's tap back out to Miami and check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 4: Any Dave questions for Dave?
Speaker 5: Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: I'm excited. I think we're all excited.
Speaker 11: He's such a good kid, and so for him to get at his first major league start, I think we're all excited as teammates. And you know, we saw a little bit of last night what he can bring as far as the athleticism to speed and so to get him a start second base and takes him at bats, it's exciting.
Speaker 12: How bad the Marlins have been throwing runners out this year, They've allowed more stolen bases than any other team.
Speaker 4: If Kim gets on base, is it a triple You.
Speaker 11: Know, it might be you know, you know Sandy obviously is you know, coming off the surgery and doesn't do a really good job of holding runners on. So, yeah, if Kim gets on base, then there's an opportunity for some aggressive base running.
Speaker 13: Because watching what he did in the ninth inning last night make you think that's a unique weapon we don't have. Maybe it'd be worth keeping him around just for that, even if he didn't play that much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's certainly a thought.
Speaker 11: I think with Heysong, with young players, there's always that dynamic of what in the short term can help the ball club, and certainly his skill set place to that, but then also the longer term, giving him the repetitions, the opportunities to take as many a bad to play defense, to get acclimated to American baseball. You know what kind of nets out most positive? And that's kind of the discussion.
Speaker 13: He played three positions down in triple A. Do you feel comfortable using him in all three?
Speaker 2: Up here?
Speaker 6: I feel comfortable using me in all three?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 11: He's a second baseman. I think he can do that in his sleep. As far as short stop, I've seen enough over there. I feel good, and he's played enough center field and I saw him a little bit in spring training and the reports that I get feel comfortable.
Speaker 6: Having in centers.
Speaker 8: Well, all right, there's Dave Roberts talking about Kim and what he means to this team. Yeah, certainly gave a jolt of energy off the bench defensively on the baseball last night. Unfortunately he was stranded at third ninety feet away.
Speaker 1: In a four to three loss to the Braves in Atlanta.
Speaker 8: We'll continue here on Dodgers on Deck, and when we do, we will check in with the best Dodger insider out there, David Best saying, get you all the latest if we lead you up the first pitch from Miami Dodgers and Marlins series opener, first pitch of three forty of Tim Kates's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were.
Speaker 5: Saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers roadship continues next stop Miami at three game series against the Marlins, beginning this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Jack Dryers the opener.
Speaker 8: Sandy al Contida will go for the Marlins first pitch, coming up at.
Speaker 5: Three forty, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 1: All right, David.
Speaker 8: Last night, so we saw him on the bass bass. We saw him defensively over the weekend as well.
Speaker 1: In Atlanta. He saw on Kim.
Speaker 8: He really adds a lot to this Dodgers team.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we saw it in the ninth inning last night, especially Beam the tying run ninety feet away without even having a hit. But today he makes his first major league started second base. And it's not a coincidence that Dave Roberts chose today to have Kim in the starting lineup.
Speaker 4: The Marlins are awful.
Speaker 12: You heard me ask him about the Marlins and how they hold runners on. If Kim gets on base, it's at least a double tim. I know Dave was trying to be nice and polite because of Clayton McCullough. But if Kim gets on first base, I would not be surprised to see him at third by the time the next batters at bat was over with.
Speaker 8: He is up because Tommy Edmond is on the engine list.
Speaker 1: What's going on that ankle.
Speaker 12: David, Yeah, I saw Tommy Edmund come out today. He was taking ground balls at second base. He took betting practice with the team. Look ankle. If it was a playoff game, Tim, he would be in there. It's just sore and he couldn't really run at full speed when the team was in Atlanta and they tested it the first day out there.
Speaker 4: This is twofold.
Speaker 12: It gives the Dodgers an opportunity to make sure Edmund's right ankle is one hundred percent healthy, and b gives Kim the experience of major League baseball.
Speaker 4: Now, the big question is we've seen what speed can do.
Speaker 12: Are the Dodgers going to keep Kim up with the major league team when Edmund returns, or they're going to find a roster spot for him even if they send him down. Tim the Dodgers have discovered they have a valuable weapon when playoff time comes around.
Speaker 1: No doubt about that. David is driven by four.
Speaker 8: If there's one thing we like, it's choices, find yours With the four f one to fifty gas hybrid, all electric tough, this march can only be called f one fifty. So what does this series look like, David? For the Dodgers, they got any plans as far as the lineup is concerned, and maybe mixing it up a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Dave Roberts indicated that before the Dodgers embarked on this ten game road trip that sees them play ten in a row without a day off, he kind of framed it as if this three game series was going to be some sort of load management series. He conceded that Mookie Betts is going to get the day off tomorrow. He mentioned that Freddie Freeman may get a day off here in Miami, but we all know Freddy wants to be out there every day, and he kind of backtracked on that today. So you better hope for the Dodgers to have a big lead in the last three or four innings to be able to get Freddy off his feet. Who by the way, again, like I said, twenty three games played, hitting over three point thirty. Now with an ops of over one thousand, he's on his way to another All Star Game, and this year it's in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Oo.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be awesome to go back there.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers are like the Beatles here in twenty twenty five, David, wherever they go crow to follow in Miami is just the case. What's going on with the sightings on the field there in Miami.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Well, we had the Orlando Magic coach Jamal Moseley come out here and watch batting practice with Dave Roberts. I also saw former All Pro running back mark Ingram on the field. He was here watching batting practice. So it seems like whenever the Dodgers come to Miami, there's a lot of different people watching batting practice. And we'll see who else shows up the next two days. But gotta be honest with you, more people were behind the ropes for batting practice than what I see in the stands as it is right now at Marlin's Park.
Speaker 8: Well, if they were smart, they get out there and watch the Dodgers and pay for those seas. Damn appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, he'll go one on one with Clayton McCullough.
Speaker 1: You heard from the Dodger manager.
Speaker 8: Coming up, You're gonna hear from the current Marlin's manager, and just a year ago the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: First base coach, Clayton McCullough.
Speaker 8: We've also got your Dodgers magical moment when he come back, lead you up to first pitch from Miami. On this Cinco to Mayo Monday, it's the Dodgers and Marlins. I'm Tim Kasey, is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: It's a Dodgers and Marlins in Miami on the Cinco de Mayo. Jack Dryers, the opener, Benka Spirius. We'll get a ball with the Indians afterwards. Sandia Contra is gonna go for the Marlins. First pitch set for three forty.
Speaker 5: Who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawby.
Speaker 8: Hot Dogs Miami, a special place for show Hey O Tani. We go back to September nineteenth, last year Marlins Park, Dodgers Marlins Show. Heyo Tani put himself in the record books.
Speaker 3: One ball, two strikes, runner at third, two outs and the pitch coming to show Hey, old Towny. He swings hits a track to left.
Speaker 4: This ball's back there. It is number fifty.
Speaker 9: The first player in the history of Major League Baseball to have a fifty to fifty season.
Speaker 3: He is incredible.
Speaker 9: Show Hey old Towney with an opposite field home run fifty fifty.
Speaker 4: What a day for shaw Hey.
Speaker 9: He is the new all time single season home runs leader for the Dodgers in the first ever Dodger.
Speaker 3: With a fifty home run season.
Speaker 8: What a day for show Hey Otani. The first fifty to fifty player in the history of Major League Baseball. This Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffy Sokaw's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey Hotdogs, local and so great. Well we continue you here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check you Rick Monday, and we got your Prize Picks Double Play of the Day.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere lead you have to first pitch of Miami.
Speaker 8: I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season Law Law.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Marlin started with a three game set for Miami. These two teams met three days in Los Angeles. Last week, Dodgers swipped that three game series back at it now in Miami. Jack Dryer is the opener. San Die al Contra will go for the Marlins first pitch, coming up at three forty.
Speaker 1: Got him with the two for one hard shot.
Speaker 3: To third, throw us the second hot, the first double.
Speaker 12: What doubles.
Speaker 5: This is the Prize Picks double pla the day.
Speaker 8: Join me and millions of other baseball fans and playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app and when you do, sign up using the code go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 1: That's go blue. When you sign up at Prize Picks, how do you play? It's so easy.
Speaker 8: You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up till two thousand times your cash. First inning, runs, drikeouts, RBIs, walks, total basses. You pick more or less at Prize Picks. Here are my two picks today, Freddie Freeman more or less one and a half hits, runs and RBIs combined. I say more than one and a half hits and runs and RBIs for Freddie Freeman. Also show Hey ho Tani more or less half a stolen base?
Speaker 1: You heard David Vase.
Speaker 8: They're gonna run wild on Miami and Sandy Alkatada more than a half a stolen base for show, Hey o Tani, join me at Prize Picks. Use the code go blue when you sign up Prize Picks, run your game.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Basseying. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rick, We're back in Miami, and I know you don't live too far from here. During the off season, the former spring training city of the Dodgers, Vero Beach, Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little bit north, about two hours and fifty minutes, but did not get up there since we walked into the rooms this morning at two thirty five. It's always fun on Sunday nights. Obviously, the Dodgers corner a great deal of attention, and for good reason. A good ball club, defending world champion. They're leading the Western Division now by just a half game in front of San Diego, game and a half in front of San Francisco, so people want to see the Dodgers play. And it was against the Atlanta Braves, so a long night, disappointing loss, but quite frankly, it was a good ball game that we saw last night. Just the Dodgers wind up one run short.
Speaker 12: You heard the old sing and baseball speed kills, and we saw Hasan Kim not in the lineup yesterday, but made an impact in the ninth and today starting lineup.
Speaker 2: He did first of all the stolen base, and then I thought his baseball knowledge and instinct and being able to go on a ground ball out advance from second to third when he represented the tying run and there was going to be one out at that particular moment. I thought it was really a very good instinctive play, and we will see him. As you mentioned, he'll be at second base tonight, bat in the nine spots, so you know, calm the nerves. Play the game. It's the same game as played by some guys that play the game a little bit better than at any other level that he has ever played into this particular point. But nonetheless, this will be at least his debut in a starting role at the major leagues.
Speaker 12: I proposed this to Dave Roberts, considering how poor the Marlins are at holding runners on that if Kim gets on first base, is it a triple and he said, yes, he will be aggressive.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought that up, because if we look at Sandy Alcantra, who's going to start for the Marlins tonight, in that outing last Tuesday at Dodger Stadium, he went just two and a third innings, and yet he allowed four stolen bases. Ten times runners have stolen second base on him. Here's the odd part. His teammate Edward Cabrera has allowed eleven times stealing second base. You see a pattern. With stolen bases with the Marlins.
Speaker 4: I certainly do.
Speaker 12: And they got a new catcher behind the plate than what we saw last week that, from what I was told from the Dodger coaching staff, has a stronger arm to maybe make it close.
Speaker 2: We'll be able to find out. But going back to hes On Kim making his debut in a startling role, this was also the major league debut of another Well, there was a Dodger pitcher many many years ago, nineteen fifty five. He didn't make the Hall of Fame as a pitcher as a manager, but this was the date, nineteen fifty five, the first major league start for Dodger rookie Tommy Lasorda, and he tied a record wasn't record. He wanted three wild pitches in the first inning of the team's four to three victory over Saint Louis at Ebbitts Field in Brooklyn, but during one of the innings, the future Dodger Hall of Fame skipper was spiked at home plate by Wally Moon, covering a play at home plate after On Kirky one of his errand pitches, so he had a souvenir a spike wound in his first major league start.
Speaker 12: Hey, at least he didn't get into a fight, because he was known for that in the minor league.
Speaker 2: Well, he basically challenged people when he was on the mound. You know, he was not six foot five, and everybody says, oh my goodness, and you know, throwing him with some raw meat. But he grew up understanding, look, I'm not the tallest guy people take in for granted, and he goes, no, that's not going to be the way. He took the mound with the attitude that he was a seven footer and if you were going to get on Beaz, you're gonna have to swing the back.
Speaker 12: There's a lot of Timeyless soda and Rick Monday. I see it every day.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, fruits victory.
Speaker 4: Oh how sweet they are. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim All right, thanks a lot, guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. Dodger fans, you need one. To start your future.
Speaker 8: At a California community college, financial aids available to help you, tuition, books and the app sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot Com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, get you a preview this pitching matchup Rick, We'll be back with Tim never gets you those keys to the game.
Speaker 1: What up next?
Speaker 8: We hear from former Dodger first paced coach now manager of these Miami Marlins, Clayton McCullough.
Speaker 1: That's up next.
Speaker 8: As we leads up to Dodgers Marlins on the Sinca Domo, I'm Tim Katson's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodger, there's baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Marlins from Miami. First pitch coming up at three point forty. You're ready to live that Zench sweet life. Here's your chance for at an unforgettable night in Los Angeles with two premium sweet tickets to a game complete with Cormet food, drinks, and preferred parking. It's luxury, it's exclusive, and it's all just one scan away. All you gotta do is head to the Zench counter near the deli counter at any participating Rouse grocery store store. You scan the QR code there at the Zenchi counter, you get your phone out, you scan the q car code. You got to do that, then you fill out the information enter for your chance to win this once in a lifetime experience. Details at Anti seventy la sports dot com, Zench Sushi enjoin it right now for lunch. In fact, fast, fresh and easy. Find it at your local rouse right by the deli counter.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high end tight.
Speaker 4: Hey, we did this in La.
Speaker 12: We're gonna do it exclusively for the Dodgers Audio network in Miami. I'm joined right now by Marlin's manager and former first base coach and field coordinator for the Dodgers, and he meant a lot more than that to so many.
Speaker 4: Clayton McCullough. Clayton, you look the same from last week, you know what.
Speaker 14: David, I hope I didn't age that much in a week now.
Speaker 7: Maybe in September.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, I I saw earlier. Today.
Speaker 12: I got to witness some of the new ideas that you're implementing here where uh Wednesday's starting pitcher was throwing a live BP.
Speaker 4: What was the thought behind that.
Speaker 14: I think we believed organizationally that it was a way to train and practice a little differently to make there your practice setting you know, a little more representative of the game some ways. You know, for the hitters, you think the more times you get to face you know, a live arm and see a delivery and see pitches and gain it bats that way is a terrific thing for them. And on the pitching side too, to see how your your pitches are reacting, you know, two hitters. You know, maybe it ramps up the practice intensity a little bit where you know, you're kind of getting it closer to what you know your game reps are gonna are gonna feel like. And we believe, you know, hopefully in time it you know, it helps guys with command, you know, it just helps them, you know, from start to start be able to you know better somewhat have the that feeling in between closer to what the game is going to be like.
Speaker 12: You're an open minded guy, obviously when that idea was presented to you, what was your first reaction?
Speaker 14: You know what, I think they last year organizationally had at the lower levels of them my legast had experimented with it, and so we came into this year and wanted to try to run this thing out more from top to bottom. And I like the idea.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 7: I like the idea.
Speaker 14: I think it's, you know, again like trying to make our practices a little more difficult, make our training again more representative of what you're gonna see in the game. And so yeah, I've had an open mind to it, and I appreciate our eyes for them, you know, embracing it and you know, giving it a shot because we believe it's going to you know, pay dividends for us as we move forward.
Speaker 12: I've heard of pictures basically competing against their stuff on the track man the iPad and side sessions anyways, So I guess, if they're going to do that, why not get that type of experience.
Speaker 14: Right And and our pitching coaches have been right there, and like each setting is a little different. Sometimes they're out there maybe you know, they it's still their work, you know, maybe they're working on O pitches or they're working on a two K you know, breaking balls or how to finish or sequencing. So it's still a very similar mindset to how they're you know, maybe approaching that session and trying to get out of it now with the extra stimulus of having a hitter in there, but also you know, helping them control the effort level to keep it in a place where you know, everyone feels feels good with but you know, practicing a little bit more aggressively or we believe, you know, we believe it's gonna help, you know, our guys, and I think we just viewed it like what we think is best for the Miami Marlins and our and our group, and I felt it was you know, it's worth a shot now and moving forward.
Speaker 4: Clayton McCullough is our guest.
Speaker 12: And it's a testament to Clayton and his coaching staff that at Dodger Stadium, how hard your team still plays all twenty seven outs. You've got to be proud of that that you've already established that this early in the season.
Speaker 14: That is, and in credit to our our our players. Man, I think that's kind of been it. You just you just keep playing. I mean we've you know, we tried to. We've had some games where it didn't look great at the end of the game, but like you know, you just keep going. If you're able to get you know, a Tanner Scott up and get hot in the ninth inning.
Speaker 7: Or if you're able to get Alvarado for the Phillies up.
Speaker 14: In the ninth in and even though you come up short, like that's in some ways, it's a it's a small victory within a you know, within a long season.
Speaker 7: So that's it.
Speaker 14: You just you keep playing the entire way through because this is this is the major leagues. Like you're a professional, like you know, we're just gonna you just keep going. Every bat you take is you know, get invested into it, and you know when the game's over, it's over. But like you know, until then, you just keep on. You know, you guys just keep playing, and you know you kind of start to create a little identity for your help that you're a group. This guy's gonna you know, play hard and play all the way through the game.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna like this.
Speaker 12: But last week at Dodger Stadium, the Dodger stole three bases against the Marlins, and your guy show, hey Otani was behind all of it because you taught him really well on what to identify. I saw him in the dugout giving Woodwards some tips. So your legacy lives on to this day, even though it might be against the Marlins.
Speaker 7: Well, I guess in some ways that's great to hear.
Speaker 14: In other ways, it doesn't feel nearly as fun being on the other end of it as he used to be watching it. But he's a special talent and he's very smart, and we all know how comminit he is to his craft and everything he does. So I mean that's something like our group is working extensively just overall to try to, you know, improve upon and you know so. Yeah, but it was better looking at it from my former my vantage point than it currently is.
Speaker 4: Before I let you go.
Speaker 12: You got the championship ring the team, and Otani presented it to you in LA.
Speaker 4: Where is it.
Speaker 7: Now safe and secure?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 12: Yes, they don't wear it around of Marlin Spark every day.
Speaker 14: No, no, don't wear it around No, No, it is safe and secure.
Speaker 7: David, that was a cool gesture by everyone. I appreciated it.
Speaker 4: Hey, we appreciate you. Clayton McCullough.
Speaker 12: I know you're wearing the teal and black and orange, but certainly your roots are with the Dodgers in a lot of ways, and you made such an impact on so many. Thank you again for the time. And I don't get tired of talking to you. So I'll come see you the next two days too.
Speaker 7: Come over here and see me, David. I love seeing you, my friend. Take care there.
Speaker 12: He is the man, Clayton McCullough doing a great job here in Miami.
Speaker 4: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 8: Tim one of the good guys, even though he's on the other side now with the Miami Marlins. A great baseball mine in Clayton McCullough. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers' audio broadcast.
Speaker 1: When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com or lead.
Speaker 8: You have to first betch from Miami. Up next, we're gonna break down this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasi's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: It's the Dodgers and Marlins, first game of this three game set for Miami.
Speaker 1: First pitch coming up at three forty and.
Speaker 5: Now before the Dodgers hit the dinack, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 8: Forresent about your Southern California and Toyota dealers work hard and play hard in the New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. See you're Toyota dealer today, they make it easy. Sandy al Contida on the mound two and three is an eight thirty one ERA twenty nine year old right hander at the Dominican Republic his ninth season. Making his seventh start this year is eighth career start against the Dodgers. In those seven career starts before today, he has two and four with a nine to sixty six ERA, including two and two third innings last week at Dodgers Stadium, which he gave up seven runs on seven hits and walked five. Jack Dryer is the opener for the Dodgers. Twenty six year old left tanders second League, a second career Big League start his fifteenth appearance this season, which leads all Major league rookies. He pitched last night in Atlanta a third of an inning, he won't be out there along he's the opener. Then. Ben Casparius is expected to get a bulk of the innings tonight. He's three and zero with the two ninety one, eight and eleven games one start this season. He tossed the scoreless baseball in nine of the eleven outings so far this year, with the exception of that one bad game against the Cubs, he's given up just one run and his other twenty innings pitched. It's the Dodgers and Marlins were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 1: Keys to the game.
Speaker 8: Our next, I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Marlins getting ready to start to this three game series on this Sinkle Demile Jack Dryer, the opener. Sandi al Concera will go for the Marlins first pitch of three forty. Head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tim never Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 3: Tim, thank you very much for getting you ready for Dodger baseball tonight here in Miami. Game one, of the three games set indoors. The roup is closed here on the fifth of May, the Cinco de Mayo date on the calendar, but the weather outside's fine. Definitely could have played with the proof open, but they've decided to keep it closed. Here in Miami as Jack Dryer will make his second start in about a week against the Marlins. He opened against them on the twenty ninth of April when two winnings, gave up an earned run on two hits. This will be his second career major league start. He'll be in there for an inning or two before making way for Ben Casparius.
Speaker 2: For Dryer collects them outs and then turn it over to the bullpen. And for the bullpen they have been doing it. Just a marvelous job on the flip side of the coin. The Dodgers already saw our Countra roughed him up only two in the third innings and that start in Los Angeles. Mentioned earlier that Shoheyo Tani, the first pitch of the ballgame hit the home run off of Valcantra. Here's the other part too. Runners in scoring position. Ale Contra a four to thirty eight banning average against, and he allows a lot of stolen bases. Already ten times runners have stolen second base on the right hander.
Speaker 3: We've got to be patient with him too. His walk rate is double what it was before Tommy John surgery, so over fourteen percent walk rate for Sandy al Contra. So the Dodgers and Marlins getting sent for the first of three games here in South Florida.
Speaker 8: Tim all right, first pitch coming up, Dodgers and Marlins. When it's all over, David Vasay is back and got you cover with all the postgame festivities, reaction for the manager at the clubhouse, and of course Dodger talk as well. First things, first nine innings of baseball coming up, Dodger We're going to get back on track after having their seven game winning street come to an end last night in Atlanta. Now they're at Miami, started a series against the Marlins.
Speaker 1: First pitches next, Enjoy it.
Speaker 8: I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network