Speaker 1: My Billy cunning in the Great American welcome the glorious but Randy Monday Afton in the Tri States, Bengals looked impervious, two in a row marching for glory. About six other things have to happen if the Bengals went out, Who knows what occurs down the road.
Speaker 2: But until then you may not know it. But the person voting for president tomorrow will be, among others, the Great Alex Truant Tofilu and something called the Electoral College. And the electoral College is an incident where, let's face it, we don't vote for president directly. In fact, there's seventeen Ohio WANs getting together tomorrow. Tomorrow's today. Actually Trump will be elected president at least through the state of Ohio. Joining you and I now is the Great Alex Truant Tofilu, Chair of the Republican Party. Alex, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Alex, first of all, explained briefly to the American people, to the butchers, the bakers, the cement makers in the Tri State, what happened on no remember the fifth and why really didn't elect Trump to the presidency? But what's going to happen tomorrow, will explain that to the American people.
Speaker 3: If you will, well, Belly always going to be with you. And it's a high honor of my career really to go and be an elector on behalf of President Trump. It will be the second time actually in my career that I've done this. But so what happens, Bill is, you know, the way the electoral College works is each state has a certain number of electors. Ohio happens to have seventeen something. You just covered that number. We get to that number because we have fifteen members of Congress. So you know, if you're southwest Ohio, you have Greg Landsman, Warren Davidson, et cetera. So you have fifteen members of Congress plus two United States Senators. That's how you get the seventeen. And that's based on population. So there are seventeen electoral votes that are cashed for president the United States. And it's all done according to our states constitution and ally state law. There's some provisions in both of those documents that kind of outline what we're going to do tomorrow. So what happens is early in the presidential contest, the various candates asked people to serve as electors, and being the state chairman of the Republican Party, you know, and a Trump loyalist and supporter, they asked me to be one of those seventeen, along with sixteen other people that are equally as loyal and supportive of President Trump and who will honor the votes of the people of Ohio. So Billy, Ultimately, on November the fifth, which was election Day, we got our directions from the voters of Ohio. We got directed to go and cast our electoral votes for President Donald J. Trump to be not only forty fifth and now the forty seventh president of the United States. And we will do that tomorrow with much fanfare. At noon, which is the hour of set by law. We will meet in the state capitol, and the governor will president, President of the Senate, Matt Huffman will be president, and other dignitaries of different kinds. And it looks like I will be sharing that process tomorrow, which again is a high honor for me, and we will cast our seventeen electoral votes I'm confident for President Trump, which will ultimately will forward those electoral ballots onto the House of Representatives in the United States House Representatives and then we will live officially cast our electoral votes for President Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: So let's break it down. When we vote in November the fifth for Donald J. Trump in the state of Ohio by like ten or twelve percentage points, what we actually did was select people like you on our behalf to go to the state capitol, which are going to be tomorrow, to vote for Donald Trump. Does every state capital meet on the same day, which is tomorrow at noon or do different states have different dates that they meet.
Speaker 3: I believe there are different dates, and you know, I'm not sure what some of the other dates are across the I know just as them. For instance, Wisconsin, because I happened to be a good friend of the Wisconsin chairman, the great Brian Shimming, who also delivered his swing state for President Trump, the meeting tomorrow at noon as well. But I think various states do it a couple of different dates. And you know, I didn't brush up on some of the rules here, but I will tell you that it happens during this window here after the election results are certified across the country.
Speaker 2: I understand from speaking with you off the air that some of the others selected by Donald Trump includes Sheriff Richard K. Jones. He's not likely to vote for Kamala Harris. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 3: Sheriff joneses as a great American? I know he's a frequent guest on this program, and I would stake my life on the idea that he will not be casting a ballot for Kamala Harris. There are some things you count on in life, Billy, like the sun coming up and you know, the go ahead, that paying your taxes. There's certainties in this world. One of those is that good Sheriff, my friend and yours, Rick Jones, will be casting his vote for Donald Trump and not for Kamala Harris. So that's good stuff.
Speaker 2: Another one is you. Another one is my sister. Diane Cunningham Redden was selected by Donald Trump to be one the aunts of her voting for Kamala Harris and the same category as Richard K. Jones. Is that fair to.
Speaker 3: Say, you know, Billy, she's my favorite member of the Cunningham family. Let me just be clear about that. Diane Cunningham Reddon will also be joining us tomorrow and thrilled that she's joining us as an elector. You know, Billy, I want to say one very quick thing. And I know she's your sister and you love her and everything, but she's an outstanding Republican leader in her own right. She is the elected treasurer of the state Republican Party. She runs the she Lead program here in Cincinnati. She's been a precinct and ward leader for a long time. The reason I say it, Billy, is if you're out there listening, you're thinking, well, Bill Cunningham's sister. I got a new Philly Cunningham is talk radio guy and a great guy. But but Diane Cunninghambrett is a doer. She's a worker, she works hard for the Republican cause, and she's somebody that we all adore despite to her brother is Billy.
Speaker 2: And so the odds of her voting for Kamala Harris aren't likewise not good, and the odds of you voting for Kamala Harris not good. But in a tough race, it may make a difference, which was like in twenty oh one, it was like two seventy one to two sixty nine. And there have been cases of disloyal electors. Explain if somebody not the three we mentioned, but somebody near Cleveland who was picked by Donald Trump to vote for him. What if you have a disloyal, unfaithful elector who says, you know what, I had a bad morning, I'm voting for Kamala Harris. Is that possible because it's happened before.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's in Ohio. Actually, there are lots of safeguards in place. So if you're out there listening, you think that, well, gosh, he's seventeen people can flip the results and I you know, it's it's quite the flow chart to get into. But there's very little concern about that. Yes, there are some provisions for replacing faithless electors. There are provisions for uh, you know, for kicking us over to the House of Representatives, and there's some other things. But under the law that would prohibit a faithless elector from from another process.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna happen. So explain, because it's fascinating. There's six ballots, So explain to the American people, including Dave Keaton, my great producer. Explain to Dave, what how do you vote? The actual six ballots? Where do they go? And you're going to sit there with Diane Cunningham Redden and Richard K. Jones and others, Alex t and you're going to actually vote the six ballots. What happened to the six ballots?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what happens is you are presented with these various ballots, and by the way, you have to cast a ballot for vote president and vice president, which again just to parenthetically, what a high honor to cast a ballot for Ohio's very own Senator JD. Vance for this important job as vice president. So we will each we will reach both these ballots, and there are six and then you know, one ballot goes you know, I believe that the House of Representations here at Ohio. One goes to the governor, one goes to Secretary of Station, and then you know a few of them that go to the federal government. So those six ballots go to all the people. Really again without chapter and verse here as as I'm traveling around Ohio today, exactly where each one goes, but each gode where they need to go. So people know who we've chosen to be a president of the United States and vice president.
Speaker 2: And so that happens, and so officially on January, I know, of January sixth, seventh or eighth whatever it is. The ballots that the electors in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana actually voted, they're opened up and the well of the House of Representatives in Washington, and then Kamala Harris, your friend, Kamala Harris, is going to be the resigning officer that puts Donald Trump in office. Is that correct? That is correct?
Speaker 3: And you know, Billy, I just take a minute and be bipartisan. It's the holiday season. But that's a good thing. You know. The peaceful transfer of power is important, and I believe strongly in it. And you know, we'll tell you now, I suspect that day will come and go without much fanfare, But that is in fact true. The Vice President of the United States sits as presiding officer of the United States Senate, which also gives that vice president a chance to break ties in the United States Senate. So, in fact, Kamala Harris will sick just as Mike Pence sat four years ago. Is the presiding officer of that process.
Speaker 2: Wonderful. Now, this all happens so sometime the first week in January, when the ballots are opened and they're announced in the Well of the House Representatives, in Washington, d C. That's when Trump will be declared the winner of the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 3: JD.
Speaker 2: Vansonb declared the winner the vice presidency. In the past, you've had different parties serving in that capacity, parties to president, one party's the vice president. That's not gonna happen this time. Trump's gonna take office January the twentieth, and all hell's gonna break loose. Good stuff. Secondly, take off your electoral hat, Alex t take off your hat. Is your hat off? Yes, put on your partisan hat. Explain to me how Peggy noon, and you alerted me to this this morning and she normally has more lucid moments than many. Wrote a column for the Wall Street Journal and what she described, what Joe Biden is now doing. And by the way, this is a very consequential time in American history with Ukraine, with Israel, what's happening on our southern border, what's happening now with missiles flying over South Korea? Impeach the president. North Korea's arms are at the border. You have China encircling right now, Taiwan. All hell's breaking loose. Explain what is happening with the drones. Explain Korea, Taiwan, explain Ukraine, going to Israel. We have a president right now who's functioning an office or not.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I mean we don't. You know, Billy, I'm not a big fan of bashing on Joe Biden. We did plenty of that. We want an election. It's time for him to sail off into the sunset. But the reason I answer this question is, and the reason I'm getting engaged in a minimum amount of bashing of Joe Biden, is how little we're being flewed in by our mainstream press on this topic. Bill, Right, So, I mean, yeah, that the point of the Peggy Kneed an article, since you referenced it, was how how Joe Biden has just been shrinking, ever shrinking, in the presidency, and how traditionally the president, the sitting president, has given leeway to finish out his term with some sense of dignity, and you know, the newly elected president, you know, tends to stand down and build out the governments, because really that's what they're doing with these various appointments, is building out their administration. Well, that's not happening here. Donald Trump is such a force of personality and I don't. You know, it's certainly not his fault. World stage is already inviting him the things like the opening of the cathedral Notre Doab and things like the Army Navy game, you know, for instance, something President Biden never did. So it is her point was Donald Trump's star is so bright and you know, his support so big for the American people that he's already essentially assumed the presidency and it feels like it. It feels like I do a lot of us. And you know what scares me is if we do have some kind of a national security crisis. Because we all know abilly that you know, we've all seen in our families. You know, it's a shame what's happened to Joe Biden from a personal perspective, but you know, I'm not convinced that that administration under his leadership is equipped to deal with a major international or god forbid, a national emergency. So you know, I'm concerned and thank you in this point, is Donald Trump is is you know, this extraordinary political force? Of course I believe that of one of his biggest supporters, that's not his biggest support in Ohio, So you know, it's it's quite the moment and politically, you know, it's good for us to have a strong leader. Donald Trump's approval rating is up since election day. Yeah, people see him asserting himself and stilling out an administration full of common sense people who care first about the American people, not about you know, the swampish bureaucracy in DC. So things are on the upswing and as Republicans, we know the peddlms wing, but we're pretty excited right now about the ascendancy of one President Trump.
Speaker 2: We allnx make sure the electors in Columbus, those in Frankfurt and Indianapolis, they're well, they get up nice and early tomorrow. They know where they are. They got to be there. If the vote doesn't take place, Ohio's thirteen million citizens will not be represented. Get a good night's sleep, get up about six or seven in the morning, do your duty, as God gives you the light to see that duty at noon, and make sure that Donald Trump gets the votes of the state of Ohio. I'm having the same conversation with Steve washing Machine in Indiana and also the Rob Sanders in Kentucky. This area is going to give Donald Trump approximately thirty two electoral votes. He earned three hundred and twelve. We'll see what happens. Alex t get a good night's sleep, and once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Alex you're a great Greek much like Dean Cariacas. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: God bless America, Billy, God bless.
Speaker 2: You, money, God bless you. Let's continue with more if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand and when we continue. Much like Sunny Houstin, I have a personal note after the news and more at Show Me the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WLW