Speaker 1: Welcome to the Trauma Therapists podcast. My name is gaming Person. I interview incredible people who've dedicated their lives to helping those who've been impacted by trauma. A big thank you to our sponsors and our guests who are supporting this show. So five four May two and one, our folks, welcome back to the podcast. Very excited to have some guests today. Roman Domin Roma welcome.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much guy for having me awesome.
Speaker 1: Roma is an entrepreneur and founder of Luminara, a digital platform designed to make energy healing and biofield therapy is more accessible worldwide. He created Luminara to bridge ancient healing practices with modern technology, curating vetted practitioners and delivering one to one sessions through a remote, immersive experience. His work is driven by a personal journey of loss, which led him to focus on creating spaces for healing, connection and transformation at scale. All right, Raman, before we get going, share with all listeners where you're from originally and where you are currently.
Speaker 2: I am originally from Paris, France, and I am actually in France right now. I'm calling from Paris, but I've lived ten years in Japan. That's where I met my British Indian wife.
Speaker 1: All right, so well let's jump right in here. How did this all begin for you?
Speaker 2: It started with the loss of a kid. I my wife and I had the chance of having a beautiful kid in twenty ten perfectly you know, fit. And then in twenty fourteen she was pregnant and doctors told us, well, your kid may have a problem with the kidneys, and actually did have kidney polcistic disease, which led all the neotic fluid to be absorbed by the kid and therefore this a little bbe boy. Raphael could only make it for three days and then he transitioned. That loss of a child was devastating, but at the same time, it this this grief whether a teacher was a teaching for me. And I've discovered the power of presence in silence during the funeral, And believe it or not, guy, but I found the beauty in that very moment of the funeral. I thought that we as humans can bring so much love and peace to each other just by holding presence, and that led to create Luminara, because then the power of silence, of meditation, the power of being together led me to build an app called Hilo, which is, as I often say, between WhatsApp and headspace, So an app just enabling everyone to be in presence of each other, just by holding the screen off your phone for thirty seconds in a row and having some kind of a mini meditation with your friend. And you could do this as a one to one or private gathering or public gathering. And then I went on creating this crazy project, then pitching NGOs, telling them, hey, why don't you, you know, have a moment of silence, a minute of silence as an event for your community. And of course everyone has time twenty four hours a day, but you could nudge them into giving money and that would be a very beautiful digital event for your community because you do charity auctions charity concerts. And they loved it, but I told them, well, you need a celebrity to endure because you know it's not Guy and Roman on stage for a charity concert that will bring a lot of money, So you need to celebrity also to to bring this momentum. Long story short, I've done one event with November in France, which was successful, but I was tired, and then I wanted to study the power of collective meditation, the power of remote healing, because I felt when we've for every week for a month, I gathered from November with a number of people and we were doing this this mini meditation, collective meditation. I happened to meet a woman early twenty twenty three that healed her mom in a way that was totally insane to me, and that led to create Luminara because she was not a healer. This woman, she was a normal person like anyone, but her mom had broken her leg and that was terrible for her because she was raising her kids. And long story short, she decided to say to her mom, mom, I'm going to heal you. And she's not a healer at all. She was in fintech, so she was telling me this story, very a non woo woo person, and she said, well, I had to heal my mom fast. Because she was very practical. She wanted to help from her room and she she did this protocol. She had read a couple of books around the power of positive realization, so you know, when you atleast do that, you know to in their competition. And she went into her mother's room and she would fill the room with love, light, energy and just visualizing the leg of her mom had broken one of her legs, and she would visualize it in perfect condition. And what was supposed to take about six to eight months took about three to four. Like she literally made her mom a lot more able to start running again, walking again, and that was no short of a you know, bit of a miracle, really, but she went on. But for me to receive this, this very story at that moment in my life was an awakening. And I felt to myself, wait a second, what is that? What is what are these years about? And I'm a businessman, so not the type of guy you would think would create luminara. But I thought, come on, let's face it, there is really something. It is effective. How come the world doesn't know more about this? And I checked and I and I was blown away by what I found. Like Mayo Clinic. Everyone knows Mayo Clinic, well, they have energy healers, they have reiki masters coming in for integrative oncology. You can type it and you'll see acupuncturists, reiki And I thought, wait a second, Mayo Clinic is having reiki healers on their premises. That's insane and then I check, oh my god, they're not just Mayo. There are many more and so and then you look at the market you think, how does these healers get clients? Word of Mouse for eighty nine? All right, now it's great, but it doesn't scale. You know, you're you're lucky if you know someone who knows someone. And then okay, a couple of marketplaces, but they're they're not really working for anyone except that the one running the marketplace. You know, you pay one hundred to fifty dollars to get registered. It's all of the you know, volume game, and it's really for them having as many people as possible, and there is a churn rate and all of that. And I thought, no, no, no, no, no, there's something else. Trust is the pillar of everything, but especially in an unregulated market. So I thought, right, this is this is still woo woof in many ways, but it's working. It's effective, and Mayo Clinic and all these people and science as well. So I thought, wait a second, and I have this very deep you know, with this healer I met, I had this deep belief that this is effective. So that's when I started to think, well, there is a space of a talent agency something you find for actor, actresses, models and artists. Like our galleries, they're picking up great artists. And this is not about the number of diploma you have, right or even musicians for a band. You know, no, you could have done the best musical schools, but you can have one kid who's just really gifted, and we're not going to just say, oh, go away, have your diploma before you come come to the band. So that's where I thought there is space for a really great way to give accessibility. So that's why I created Luminara Accessibility.
Speaker 1: Let me just let me just okay, let me just pause you right there. First of all, I want to thank you for sharing the story about your child. I mean, and I'm sorry for your loss. Yeah, I can't imagine that prior to that Roman, what were you doing, What were you doing.
Speaker 2: For work?
Speaker 1: What was You're an entrepreneur at that time?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been consulting for sixteen years. I was working for a a spin off of Bain Bain, which is a pretty big consulting firm. I worked, yeah, sixteen years, and then I worked in the startup world tech tech startup for about four years before creating my own app called Hilo, this crazy app between Headspace and What's Up, and then Luminara two years after. So yeah, so I'm I'm a seasoned entrepreneur, not the type of guy that you would think would go into that field. Yeah, very you did, very very Yeah, just a businessman entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: In in the wake of your daughter's passing, you talked about the power of presence. Where did that come from? Was that something that you were practicing prior to that, something you were aware of.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, guy, when when you you have no I had a busy life. I had a busy life, successful, busy life of of a managing director of his consulting firm. And when a doctor is telling you, after having a very first sound kid that your second child has a problem fourth months of pregnancy, you know, doctors, there's something wrong and it may be a gene, a gene that's broken in your DNA and in your wife's DNA. By the way, it's the same gene broken for a different reason. So the chances of us my wife is British Indian, I'm French, the chances of us having this is me tossing a coin in New York. Guy and asking you to find it that statistically, to all the you know, the people, the therapist who knows quite well about DNA and genetics, this is really a very unlikely chance. And silence is massive and very disturbing because what are you going to say to people and what are they going to tell you? So my experience was of a very yes, very heavy silence. So at first I was confused. I was sad. I didn't know what was happening to us. When something so odd and so statistically irrelevant is happening in your life, you think what have I done? Like what's wrong? And the unfolding of that were the funeral really, because we gave everything we can to have this baby boy, to give him a chance, and I remember we even bought an apartment next to our apartment because we knew he may need twenty four to seven care for his lungs because they were not We knew it it would have a hard time breathing. And so I was blown away when when the funeral happened and I was this beautiful moment of silence with actually love, like just pure love, energy, positive energy. I didn't there is a song of Rhenna. I found love in a hopeless place, you know, well I found I found beauty in a very hopeless place, and I found love really also in a way. So and I thought to myself, that's weird. Like we've all done a minute of silence because of a terrorist attack, right, and that's fine, But how come we don't do minutes of silence just out of joy, out of love, out of just just being just being together. And religions obviously they're doing this, right, you do silence prayers and many things like that. But truth is, you don't have to be necessarily part of a religion to have this moment of silence and to share these meanings of silence. And that's where that was my big discovery, Like why don't we make a communion in a non religious way more often? Because this power of silence is massive, right, and the pure presence with silence is so beautiful. There's so much you get because worse and we're saying a lot of words right now, they can really be unnecessary because they're just you know, they break the silence. Actually, there's so much beauty and power in silence itself.
Speaker 1: So Luminara is born in the wake of that, in the wake of the meeting with this woman who in a way miraculously helped her mother heal or inspire that healing people come to Luminara. Who comes to Luminara? How does it work?
Speaker 2: So you go to Luminara dot care and you fill up a questionnaire. We want to know a bit what is your intention? What are looking to heal to get better? And once you fill out this questionnaire, I may have another questionnaire asked to you. Because we're partnering with the Florida State University right now, so there is a lab called a Complimentary Health Innovation Lab and we're proud of being helping science move forward thanks to that. So people can enroll onto this and once they've done that and they don't have to do the survey for the FSU. By the way, I one they've done that, we will do AI matching. So we use the power of AI. We anonymize data and they get a recommendation of three healers. Out of all the healers that we have, and we have quite a few, we match them with three. Three is a good number, you know, not overwhelming. I really want people to swipe, you know. Healers, like doctors, are not to be commoditized. You know, it's not like no, right, it's like you have three, it's a good number. And then we have created video content, so we actually we have videographers each time we on board a new healer that would film them in a kind of masterclass kind of way, very elegant, very beautiful video, well produced. And that's when you, as a client can make your final decision on saying I want to work with that healer, that person, that practitioner. Then you can book online, you pay online, and you have your session online. So everything works beautifully for you to have an end to an experience.
Speaker 1: So the people coming are they coming to you for psychological reasons? Physical reasons? I broke my leg? Are they coming to you or is it more anxiety, stress, grief?
Speaker 2: I think they Well, we have some stats about that because we had thousands and thousands of people going on to asking for help. I would say the the typical client would be a woman. We have more women than men, probably eighty percent women, twenty percent men. She is forty years old and plus like she's between forty and sixty, and she's American, our Canadian for most of them. This is this is where we we're focusing our attention right now, and these women they would look for. There are many reasons, but I would say anxiety depression is one. Yes, they feel for many reasons. Maybe this is because they lost someone, maybe because it's just I feel the burnout is not very far away. They want to prevent that to happen from happening. It can be also because simply of their relationships with their husband or their kids, or so there are many reasons for anxiety and depression. Obviously, we do have a number of people with chronic pain and energy healing is actually really effective. It's it's just mind blowing how effective it can be for chronic pain. And that's why also Mayo Clinic has energy healers and the primitives for oncology because all the cure for cancer can be very painful. And so we have chronic pain and anxiety depression, and some people, frankly also they are on their spiritual journey. So we have a part of our clientele which is more about getting more intuition, getting you know, you know something's something on a higher level, I would say about just finding who they are and just being being more balanced, happier in life. In general, you know, helping them on their spiritual journey is also part of what we do.
Speaker 1: And they use the term healers. These are people who are specializing in energy healing solely. Are they therapy therap psychologic psychotherapists or not.
Speaker 2: So they're not having a psychotherapy diploma. We have quite a few nurses that are working in hospitals and they're they're actually a full fledged nursed nurse. We do have some people who have graduated from different schools in the United States especially, But the truth is that some healers are practitioners. They're gifted, like some some of them, they're just extremely gifted and they don't really know how they got their gift. And our role as a platform is also to pick up these people. And that's actually one one thing interesting here is that these people without us would be hard to find, Like you would never know about them. They're too shy or too modest to go online and advertise themselves and just play the marketing game of hey that now they are genuinely good people and they would they have a hard time with money even like they would do this out of love, out of And the point is, well, we want as a collective, we'd like them to do more of that rather than doing a job in a supermarket. I mean, this is a bit sasserted, but that's the reality. Right. When you think about someone who would have a gift of playing the violin but came make a living out of it, well, you'd rather having doing concerts than you know, being an accountant or whatever doing some kind of job that's not fitted for him or her. So that's kind of what we do. We will look for these amazing people that are diamonds in the rough, and our role is to cut this diamond and to let it shine so.
Speaker 1: They could These gifts could include energy healing.
Speaker 2: Mostly we do that. We focus on energy healing modalities, So we're not going to buy people doing hypnotherapy hypnotherapists. It works wonderfully remotely, but we're not into that. Some of our healers may also do that, but we want to you know what, guy, the problem is if you do too many things, if you say I can offer this and that, people are like come on, and you're like a bizarre like you know, it's not professional. So we're actually purposely making sure that we're focusing on different modalities but they all are about energy healing.
Speaker 1: So I want to ask about that. But before I do, before all this happened, would you have thought that you'd be sitting here you're talking about this never ever, no, what happened?
Speaker 2: I well, I can try to give you a very rational reason for all of that and telling you, well, and I meet this person, this person. But now if I look back, because in many ways this is so crazy, because you're not I'm not the guy who even me thought I would do what I'm doing right now, and I'm doing it pretty well, and I'm doing it with other people were collective. Now I'm doing this really right. My belief is that the soul this little boy Raphael, who passed away so quickly, where this very rare disease and actually came for a reason. Like maybe it's me. It's my brain, you know, trying to make sense of all of that. This is possible, right, and there is a part of me that may think this way. But deep deep, deep inside, with all the synchrony CDs that I've seen following up this moment, I truly think that, yeah, I was on the path of a very classic corporate life, successful one, but that was not what I was meant to actually do with the rest of my life, and that baby boy just crashed onto my quite serious corporate path to make it, you know, slowly drift away into a world of healing, a world of joy, a world of gratitude, the world of you know, you're a therapist yourself, it's one of the most beautiful job in the whole world to heal someone. To help someone heal is just so gratifying. And so I'm not a healer myself, but I'm blessed to help having people getting healed faster, stronger. And I'm not against Western medicine at all. I'm just bridging by the way very ancient practices that you find in TCM, traditional Chinese medicine or are Euvedic medicine. You know, all these meridians, these chakra, these has existed for thousands of years, just happened. That energy chi as they say, you know, tai chi chigong is something we you know, we haven't really incorporated in Western medicine, and we kind of push this away because we don't know how to explain this. But it's it's knocking at the door and it's now entering Anyway, that's my story.
Speaker 1: How do you how do you explain to our listeners how do you help them understand how and energy healing can happen virtually?
Speaker 2: Great question. So first of all, I want to say to all the listeners that what I'm going to say here is just my thinking, and of course it's going to be built on what the science has to say right now. But no one right now can say for sure I know how it works. Like anyone who would say this is a liar. It is still unknown. Now we could have some hypothesis and so what seems to be true and again look at traditional Chinese medicine and iuovetic medicine, but this is not proven. This is just thousands of years of practice that is effective. Well, we have an energetic body. I think this is the premises of what people have to understand. So there is a physical body, but there is a body another body which is for lack of a better word, energetic. So like wave and adds the quantum, you know level. We know we're frequencies, like our atoms are moving so fast it's like it's like a frequency. So there is this we're emitting and we know heart is emitting electromatic. There is an electromagic field that has been proven, and we have neurons and all of this is but there is this field. Now, if you think about we having a field, the healer has a field, and there is something in between, right cold distance miles kilometers. Now, if you think of radio waves, you know you could capture the wave of radio station from very far away. Well, in that same way, a healer thousands of kilometers away from your body can access to your energetic body because your energic body is wave. And that's the power of a healer to know how to access to that. And what a healer will tell you is that they don't heal you. They actually channel a life force, a universal force, like the force that created the Big Bang. You know, there was nothing and then something exploded. What is this explosion? You know you we know there was an explosion. So this life force, this movement, it's very fundamental stuff that we don't steal grass. Right, Why did this explosi I'm not sure these scientists can know that. But there is force and the universe is expending, right, so anyway, and they channel this force and so all of this is very can sound woo woo. But now science is proving that there is something happening. Now, can we explain? No? Not for sure, we guess things, but it seems like something is happening and they are interesting ways now that we could potentially measure that. Do you want me to tell you more about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I think, you know, people listening to this get it in a sense. I think there are some people who might say, how are they gonna how is this gonna work? Virtually? But I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I mean, I completely concur I you know.
Speaker 2: It's that's my awakening, you know, it's it's really about I'm a very you know, structure of mind now. But really I never thought that I would be, you know, telling you what I'm telling you now. But but the fact is that at some point, like how many people do understand how their computer is working right and they're still using it? How many people understand how their car is working? So let's be honest, there are so many things we do accept as it's going to work. I'm gonna put my key, I'm going to turn turn it on, and and so what I'm trying to say here is that try it, like, be open to it. Don't just push away something that seems woo woo, seems weird, it seems impossible, because well it is possible. And and and science actually showing that this is more than the plastic boy effect. You know, you may think, ah, do I know that? Well actually no, and placible by the way, it's amazing by itself. So mind body relationship is already like science is proving more and more. I was talking with the gentleman who build curable you may you may know this app and and yes, science actually is now catching up. But people the you know, as often the science is there, but it hasn't yet penetrated into the common sense of people, like they really you know that you don't try to fully And this quantum physics as well, like people know about quantum, but really what does it mean? Like it's going fast right now, So I understand it may be sounding woo woo, but it's it's it's a real thing. It's working.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't I mean to me, it doesn't sound wooo. I mean I love what you're doing, you know, I think, and the way you're doing it is and working with these people who, as you said, might otherwise not have the exposure or not have the opportunity to help other people. I think that's very powerful. All right, So let's wind down here as we do. How do people learn more about Luminara? How do people learn more about you? What's the best way?
Speaker 2: You go to Luminara dot care and you click on find a Healer and you can see it for yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll have all that linked up here at the show notes page at the Trauma Therapist Podcast dot com dot com Romance. Appreciate you coming on here sharing your story, touching and powerful. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, my friend will be in touch you. Take care.