Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And this is KFI AM six forty Bill Handle here on a Tuesday morning Taco Tuesday, October one.
Speaker 1: Some of the big stories.
Speaker 2: We are looking at the death toll from Hurricane Helene worse than we thought, the damage worse than we thought.
Speaker 1: And it is being described as.
Speaker 2: Well apocalyptic, biblical in its destruction of that area. And Israel has now begun its quote limited ground operation in southern Lebanon targeting hes Belah.
Speaker 1: And I will do that next segment.
Speaker 2: And then the other big business bit of news is tonight the Vans Waltz VP debate, which is going to be watched big time. Now, normally nobody really cares, you know, VP debates, Eh, they don't change much. However, this is particularly important because this election is going to be so razor in that even a few votes that are turned one way or the other, or people feel strong enough that they are going to vote in one sense or another, can make a big, big difference here. So what are you going to see tonight, Well, you've got Wall's sixty year old Minnesota governor. Very matter of fact, Oshuck's kind of Guy Vance is a forty year old Ohio senator. I think he's eighteen months into his term. And you've got two very different people. Walt's pretty true blue Democrat liberal and Vance a very true red Republican. So what are we going to see tonight? Okay, what we're going to see is, first of all, their political views are going to be and that's no surprise put on stage, and they're very different. Walt's two term governor, former congressman. Expect him not only to talk about his political philosophy and of course pitch Harris's views because he is that she is his boss, but also he's going to push hard that he's a high school teacher, assistant football coach, just a regular kind of guy, very likable, you know, like Uncle.
Speaker 1: Tim kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Vance a marine veteran, hard knows author of the best selling book about his Appalachian family and values and socioeconomic problems growing up.
Speaker 1: By the way, I've read his book, He'll Billy Eology. It is excellent. It is really good. In that book.
Speaker 2: You're not seeing a crazy person, You're not seeing animals being eaten.
Speaker 1: Well, you are, because he grew up with the eight squirrels and posts and stuff, but you.
Speaker 2: Don't see any of the crazy you see today. He takes a very conservative view, but in my opinion, logical, well reasoned, and that's part of America that I pay attention to. So you're going to see him push his war record. Marine veteran, as I said, went to an Ivy League, came out first person to come out of his family, his entire area that went to an Ivy League school. And it's they're both interesting people, for sure. One of the big issues, of course, is abortion. And here Walls is real simple. He believes an abortion, even to the point where he is going to be accused of by vance of when he was a Minnesota governor. Now we're talking to Walls backing a measure that would allow abortion right up to the moment of birth, even to the point at which doctors wouldn't be required to provide life saving care to a baby who has survived a botched abortion. Now, are there a few hundred late term abortions given a year?
Speaker 1: There are?
Speaker 2: However, that is skewed, even though it is technically true. It's not what it sounds like. But this is what politics are about. It's not what it sounds like it rarely is. You're gonna see a lot of simplistic stuff. You're going to see Vance at tak Wall attack walls because he left and retired from the military in order not to go to a rock. Walls is going to come back and go, Well, let me put it this way. My unit was deployed. We were notified the unit was going to be deployed after I registered for Congress, and I retired before that. And the accusation is still going to be given. You retired so you wouldn't go to a rock. Okay, he's going to Walls is going to continue calling Vance and Trump weird.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: By the way, Vance will also attack Walls on a statement about weapons of war and that he was an area of war, and that's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: I want to know what Walls says about this one.
Speaker 2: I think he's already said I misspoke, and I'd like to see how he's going to get out of it other than saying, you're right, I said that. I shouldn't have said that I missed. Now what let's move on, which would be the way to do it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The interesting part are the dogs and cats statement that.
Speaker 1: Vance has backed up.
Speaker 2: He has said, yes, those Haitians eat their neighbor's pets, or at least he has said that the President Trump was right about that.
Speaker 1: And then the reason he gave, and this one I think.
Speaker 2: Is attackable instantly, and that is, if I have to make up stories to get the people of the United States to concentrate on the real problems we have, then I will do it. And of course the question to him is what other stories do you want to make up. Let's say you want to attack a country, do you make up a story about they attacked us first? Where do you go with that? How do you have a vice president of the United States make up stories of the American people to further an agenda. You can't, I mean, you know, I mean it's been done. Do you remember Colin Powell with that little vial of what did he say it was anthrax? He said this much anthrax will kill five million people And it turned out to be just basically a little viole of sweet and low, and that proved that everybody was going to die. It was. Now the argument is based on the intelligence was that legitimate? I don't know you can argue that that was a legitimate statement based on their view, and that's Trump's argument, based on.
Speaker 1: The information we got. It just happened to be a.
Speaker 2: Woman who heard it from a woman who heard it from a woman who made a phone call, and she instantly called and said, oh my god, it was just a rumor that I was repeating.
Speaker 1: I think there's a difference. So we'll see, you'll see that.
Speaker 2: Waltz talk about reproductive rights and the fact that Trump named three people to the US Supreme Court, all anti abortion and overturned Roe v. Wade, he is going to have a hard time coming back at all on the reproductive rights issue.
Speaker 1: He said, I wanted to go to the States. That was important for me. I don't know if I had to argue, you know what.
Speaker 2: I think he wanted his evangelical political base and he got it, and he got it. So both sides have weaknesses, both sides have strength. And then I'm going to end with the fact that we've never had this happen before, and that is a vice presidential candidate a debate where you hear where you hear, or you get reports that the debate. In this case, Walls is nervous about the debate. He is scared he is going to not do well. I never heard that before. So we'll see Nu's tonight, we'll carrie it live here on KFI and tomorrow certainly announced that all right, Oh.
Speaker 1: We knew this was going to happen.
Speaker 2: And this is my wheelhouse because you know, I'm particularly interested what happens with the Israeli defense forces in that attire area of.
Speaker 1: The Middle East.
Speaker 2: I have friends in Israel. My great uncle lived in Israel for many years. I have been to Israel many times, so I am, and I have been to the Lebanon Israeli border. I mean, you go to the border up there when this kind of crapple, what isn't happening and you literally are looking at Lebanese soldiers right on the other side.
Speaker 1: Of this fence. Well, you can't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: All of northern Israel has been evacuated sixty thousand people, and all of southern Lebanon has been evacuated one.
Speaker 1: Hundred thousand people.
Speaker 2: And after the terrorist attack on Israel October seventh by those crazy Hamasa terrorists, they killed twelve hundred Israelis.
Speaker 1: Boy that was a good move, wasn't it. Boy? They got theirs.
Speaker 2: They say, oh boy, someone over there has to say, maybe that wasn't a good thing. Forty one thousand, forty one thousand Palestinians have already been killed. Now everybody thinks that there's forty one thousand civilians, that's not true. About a third of them are Hamas fighters. They're militants, and they go to war. They're the ones that went across the border and massacred twelve hundred Israelis. And if they didn't think Israel's going to fight back, boy, they got another thing coming. So I think it's fair to say that two thirds civilians have been killed in Palestine. And well they call it Palestine, let's call it Gaza. And so here's what happened with his Bellah. And that's the group up north, a terrorist group up north that control.
Speaker 1: All the southern Lebanon.
Speaker 2: They are not only a terrorist group, they are a fighting force, pretty sophisticated, and they are a government. They give services to those people, and they and schools and hospitals. And the problem with thought Hezbollah did And here's another one.
Speaker 1: Maybe this one didn't work out either.
Speaker 2: The second that October seventh happened October eighth, Israel invades Gaza, they start launching missiles against Israel, sometimes one hundred a day.
Speaker 1: Well that's a little problematic. What do you think Israel's going to do? So they just gave it. They were just sitting there.
Speaker 2: It was a tit for tat for years, but it really ramped up after Israel starts pounding Gaza and decimates probably a third of Gaza or forty percent.
Speaker 1: Of Gaza is a debris field.
Speaker 2: So Hesbela decides to start launching these missiles just.
Speaker 1: In solidarity with Hamas.
Speaker 2: Let's say, just in solidarity, no invasion, no one went in, there was no terrorist attack, it was just our brothers in Gaza are being decimated by Israel. We are now going to do what we can to destroy Israel or to hurt Israel.
Speaker 1: So let's send in the missiles. How'd that work out for you? All right?
Speaker 2: Israel intercepts thousands and thousands of pagers that they use, and the reason they use pagers is because cell phones can be intercepted. Right, those cell phones, Well, I guess what Israel did. Thousands went in, they got them before they went and then pushed the trigger and twenty five hundred people had their ears blown off, or their weight or their arms blown off. And then the walkie talkies, which of course also Israel can't intercept. They got hold of those and hundreds of people were severely injured, and well thousands of people were injured, hundreds were killed. And so now Israel they keep on launching missiles, and what Israel says is Okay, now we're going to.
Speaker 1: Go after you.
Speaker 2: Guys, we suggest you stop, and now we're going to go after the leadership of Hezbollah. Took out the senior leadership massive attacks, knowing exactly where the leadership were a matter of fact, they had undergrade, you know where the headquarters of Hesbola underground, and they.
Speaker 1: Knew exactly where it was at.
Speaker 2: Down comes the bunker buster bombs, boom, and you've got the entire hierarchy, not only the head of Heusbola, but most of the underlings. Now they're gone, and the attacks keep on coming and coming. And guess what happened. We knew there was going to be incursion. Yep, Israel is now on Lebanese soil. They've done it before. Two thousand and six was a bad move by Israeli.
Speaker 1: They went into the Janine, the.
Speaker 2: Camp, the refugee camp, and there were massacres that occurred. Ariel Sharon got into a lot of trouble for that because they just killed innocent people. I mean literally, the Israeli army. It was war crimes. It was straight out war crimes at what Israel did. But they were and then they occupied Lebanon for eighteen years. Well that's the last thing Israel wants to do is start occupying both Gaza and Lebanon. But everybody's everybody's on the record at this point. Israel doesn't sit there defensively anymore, not even a chance you hit Israel. And one of the things about the Israeli government and at Tanyahu and the war cabinet is We're gonna hit three times harder than you hit us, five times harder than you hit us. And they're now moving into South Lebanon. Hezbollah was considered one of the top military forces in the entire Middle East, supply trained by Iran. Hisbola is a proxy of Iran, like the Houti's in Yemen, and like the various terrorist groups up and down in Iraq. Iraq, which also has a population of terrorists and attacking Israel.
Speaker 1: Well, Israel is not taking it.
Speaker 2: It is straight out war as far as their concern, and his blot is not what it was touted to be. Nope, it has been seriously degraded. And now we'll see what happens. The incursion has happened. Now Israel says it's a limited incursion.
Speaker 1: Well, his Bola starts fighting. Seriously, it's not going to be so limited at least I don't think so.
Speaker 2: And the United States theoretically wasn't told about it. Certainly the air attacks, the United States wasn't told about this one. Biden admitted, Yeah, he knew about this and gave him a green light.
Speaker 1: Because the United States has.
Speaker 2: Huge influence in Israel because they provide massive arms to Israel, and without those arms, much like Ukraine, Ukraine is in deep trouble as Israel, not as deep because Israel has a very sophistic hated arms industry, but at the same time, it needs a whole lot more munitions than what it can produce in the United States is the primary supplier.
Speaker 1: All right, So we'll talk about that. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, something I've been fighting for for literally forty years finally came to fruition. The governor just signed a bill, our governor requiring the large health insurance companies to cover in vitro fertilization.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you how far back I go with IVF.
Speaker 2: I started in the reproductive business, if you will, helping infertile couples have children in nineteen eighty. The first IVF baby was born in nineteen seventy eight, Louise Brown. And there's a whole story there that I may end up doing as a matter of fact, and I think I'm gonna do that tomorrow because the history of IVF is fascinating.
Speaker 1: A couple of guys, step Toe.
Speaker 2: And Edwards, who buy themselves, created IVF and had no public.
Speaker 1: Funding, had no hospital funding. They did it on their own.
Speaker 2: And I was very fortunate to have met doctor Edwards and sat down, had to talk with him.
Speaker 1: A real pioneer. He isn't given enough credit.
Speaker 2: But let's go back to IVF in vitrol for well, let's talk about infertility. Infertility is traditionally not viewed as a medical problem as far as insurance companies. If you're infertile, it's not the same as cancer, broken bone, you need surgery. It's just you're infertile, and therefore we're not going to cover it because it's not a medical problem. Well, the people who needed IVF to have children otherwise they couldn't, and we're talking probably now in the millions which had to pay for it for the most part, ask them if infertility is a medical problem or not.
Speaker 1: My kids were born of in vitro fertilization, and.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you how many kids were, and let me tell you how expensive it was. The only good news about my kids being born is I had twins, so the unit costs dropped in half. I actually got two for the price of one, so that made it a little bit easier. It was a sale that day, and I'll take it, but it was still hideously expensive. I think it was at that time. It may have been eighteen or twenty thousand dollars twenty nine years ago. So the fight for in vitro fertilization has now come to the point of something that I first asked for because we knew by the way we were doing or I was doing surrogacy before in vitro fertilization became any kind of a medical success. When I first started, the success rate was under five percent. Today it's in the range of sixty percent. Matter of fact, the birth rate, the fertilization rate is higher today within vitro, far higher than it is with natural conception. Stooping your spouse, which is now a waste of time. Don't even bother if you want kids. Eh, you know what, go to the doctor. You don't have to have sex.
Speaker 1: You can get married like I did and not bother. And as far as the in vitro story.
Speaker 2: It's tough for the women because they have to take drugs to create more eggs than is normal. So it's a medical procedure and it's not fun as far as guys are concerned. Okay, not bad, not bad at all, because you go in the other room.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have a story I want to share with you.
Speaker 2: One of my doctor friends, a urologist, male fertility expert, who did sperm counts that had the biggest we created the biggest sperm bank actually in the world.
Speaker 1: And he did this.
Speaker 2: It was male infertility. And obviously how you deal with male infertility is you have to have sperm specimens. You know, specimens. You masturbate into a dixie cup. Matter of fact, if you come to my house, my kids when they were young. G Daddy, where did I come from? I point to this looseight sort of obeliss with a dixie cup in it, and I go, that's where you came from. He had in his office what he called he had three rooms that he called masturbatorium number one, number two, number three. And science tells us the more excited a man is, the bigger and the better the sperm count. This is real science. So he wanted to maximize sperm counts. And so therefore you have the three masturbatorium and you'd walk in and those are the days of videotape, and you had every porno videotape.
Speaker 1: You can imagine.
Speaker 2: The walls were flecked, wall flecked wallpaper, red shag carpets.
Speaker 1: It basically looked like an Iranian whorehouse.
Speaker 2: And the magazines that he had there, I mean gay sex, straight sex, I mean whatever turned you on, barnyard love, whatever it was. And the excitement level, he was able to get really good sperm counts.
Speaker 1: He was ahead of the curve. So the good news is here.
Speaker 2: It all goes back to in vitro fertilization is a real medical problem and finally the law has caught up with it. And as a matter of fact, and the story of IVF is unbelievable. I actually sat down and debated the first IVF baby, Louise Brown in England, and she could be one of the dumbest human beings I ever met in my life. I'll explain why, no, no, there's a reason that's not me, just that's me, just them making it up. I will tell you the reason. You're gonna go, yeah, pretty dumb. Yeah, yeah, handle, I understand. So we ought to put that one together tomorrow because that's a fun story. Okay, so much for that. Let me tell you what is happening. California did a really neat thing.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm not a big fan.
Speaker 2: Of a lot of the bills that are passed by the California legislature super majority Democrat, very liberal Governor Gavin Duson, So you know, we get a lot of bills that don't make a lot of sense. However, a bill just passed that the governor signed that restricts the use of the blood thinning rat poisons.
Speaker 1: Rat poisons are not poisons.
Speaker 2: That kill rats. What they do is they're anti coagulants. They don't let the blood coaculate, so internally internal bleeding occurs and the.
Speaker 1: Rats die of that.
Speaker 2: The problem is that stays in the rat's body, and so when you have a rat that is either dead or really not doing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's easy prey.
Speaker 2: So the raptors are out there, the pumas are out there, the eagles are out there. The owls really go and they're dying. They're dying. A Department Fish and Wildlife report twenty twenty three, eighty eight percent of raptors, ninety percent of pumas tested have been exposed to those pointment those poisons. So California has become the first state to restrict those kinds of poisons. Dean Sharp has been since he's been on the air, and he started six years ago, has been talking about this use of poison and you don't want to use those because it.
Speaker 1: Kills the owls, It kills the creatures that feed on these rats. Now, who is against this law? Well, oh, how.
Speaker 2: About the industry, the pesticide industry saying, hold on a minute, Hold on a minute. You know, rats are a real problem diseases. You get bubonic plague with rats because they carry all these diseases and we have to get rid of them, not particularly noting that wildlife dies because of rats. And there are other ways of doing this. Frankly, I don't know if many that work as well. You get those little rat traps and then go out and release raps rats someplace so someone else gets infested.
Speaker 1: Let that family have the plague.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I do know, And I stopped using rat poisons, by the way, I just outright stopped. We have an owl that lived at our house and it was just an I love als. Two of my favorite birds in the world are pelicans and owls. They're just terrific. And it's heartbreaking, you know, to have these animals, have these birds, and these animals who feed on rats die because of this, because the anti coagulants. So the law has just been signed by the governor really limiting the amount of rat poison, these rodenticides that are anti anti coagulants, CHLORA fossinone and war for it.
Speaker 1: People say, you know, people take war for in it.
Speaker 2: Now I'm on blood thinners because my heart business and so many people are same thing. Because you were a rat, Yeah, I was a rat, and tell you I tell you what else it is cheaper to buy because you've got medicines that are so expensive, you know, big pharma. You can actually have the same effect on if you need a blood thinner, buy rat poison and just take that. And you say money, Bill Handle is not a medical doctor, nor should you take any of his medical or legal advice for that matter.
Speaker 1: That's actually true.
Speaker 2: Then there's first in generation rat poisons and there is a lot to this, and this law restricts the first generation. It takes a while for the rats and they have to eat several times of this rat poison.
Speaker 1: So you know, put rat poison on feed and whatever rats munch on.
Speaker 2: And the first generation took several times they had to eat. Second generation they just popped off. I ate the rat poison, internal bleeding, butN done. You're finished, and then down comes an owl, down comes.
Speaker 1: A raptor a hawk. Oh boy, dinner.
Speaker 2: The problem is that the blood thinner and the rat poison kills them and so don't use it. And the bill is great and for those view that work for that industry that says that it's.
Speaker 1: More important to.
Speaker 2: Make sure that people don't get sick and the infestation than your local owl. Let me tell you, your local owl is far more important than your family.
Speaker 1: Being wiped out by the plague. That simple. That's probably not where Dean wanted this to go, was it? No?
Speaker 2: Probably not okay coming up. And by the way, I'm serious. I stopped using it because of Dean and I years ago. And this is a good, good thing. This is KFIAM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.