Speaker 1: Lad with MOA before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: I want to do something a little bit new and different, just a last thought for the night, kind of just sets the whole show in perspective, and I got to say, I'm concerned for this nation right now. I'm concerned about young people right now. And I start off the show speaking to young people. I'm going to end the show right where I began. I remember when I was eighteen, I genuinely wanted to change the world. I wanted to be the change that I thought I wanted to see in the world. But someone told me long ago that I had to make a decision before I did anything. I was told to ask myself. And it wasn't something that I had to say publicly, but just ask myself. Did I want to be performing or transformative? Was I more interested in being seen on TV and her on the radio and covered in the media, or was I interested in putting in the work changing laws and with it the country.
Speaker 1: Sometime I wanted to be a lawyer, you know, changed laws.
Speaker 2: Then I got distracted in entertainment, so I had to ask myself what was the main goal, and granted ended up in radio and TV. I since learned I can do a little bit of both. But prior to that, I didn't have any platform to be a change agent. So it meant I had to put in the work silently, oftentimes quietly out of public view. It meant putting in work four years, sometimes without fanfare or appreciation. I'm not talking about my professional dreams. I'm just talking about what I wanted to see in the world. Sometimes I did so with a lot of criticism. In fact, I still do it with a lot of criticism. Right now, we live in a world that's long on celebrity and light on sweat. Maybe your wish is to improve the lives of people in the LGBTQ community. Maybe you want this country to have a greater appreciation of Christian values. Maybe you want to ensure equal pay for women. It doesn't matter what it is. It does mean you're gonna have to put in the work. You're gonna have to care more about putting in the work than posting a hashtag. Part of the reason, at least, I believe people are disenchanted with the world in which we live right now because we don't do much more than watch cable news and post on social media. Every single day we watch cable news, we get mad, and then we post about how mad we are on social media, rents and repeat, and nothing ever really changes. But the only way we can be the change we want to see is to put in the work. And then after that keep putting in the work. And then after that keep putting in the work.
Speaker 1: And then when you.
Speaker 2: Get tired you get old, like me, you teach the next generation to what put in the work. Got My final thought, something new that we've been doing on the show kind of has to do with the show and kind of has to do with life in general. And I thought about Mark Ronald when I wrote this. You'll know why in just a second. We often hear about how people are angry at Disney, can't stand there woke castings quote. If you go woke, you go broke close quote.
Speaker 1: You know the same.
Speaker 2: But the truth is Disney movies were four of the top five movies in America last year.
Speaker 1: And here's another truth.
Speaker 2: You can make the argument that Disney single handedly kept your favorite movie.
Speaker 1: Theater in business, no exaggeration.
Speaker 2: Without Disney, you can bet your favorite theater would be gone.
Speaker 1: It's just a fact.
Speaker 2: What's also a fact is that Disney's not going anywhere and creates art for the world, not just to please one single political ideology in a single country. Put another way, if you're mad, nobody cares, cry more, matter less. On the other side, I often hear I can't stand Tesla. I'd never buy a Tesla just because of that guy, Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: He's been in the news a lot lately.
Speaker 2: Or if they don't call him Elon, they'll call him Elmo, Apartheid Clyde that's my favorite, or space Karen. You get my point. Kind of funny, actually, but you get the point. Here's another point. Without Elon Musk, the EV market as we know it, now know it and pay attention very closely green energy folks. Without Elon Musk, the EV market likely does not exist. I didn't say he invented it. I'm saying facts or facts. And you know there are other EV companies out there, but Tesla is the one which kind of got that ball rolling. And same is true for privatized space as we know it. So you yelling from the rooftops that you won't ever buy a Tesla doesn't mean a damn thing. Nobody cares cry more matter less. But here's what I want to say tonight. How about we just spend our money how we want, where we want, for whatever reasons we want, and just leave it at that, because, honestly, and you've heard me say this many times, there is no such thing as cancel culture. Nobody has ever been canceled. Here's some more truths. Mel Gibson is still acting and the director of a top ten movie right now. Donald Trump is president again right now. Hell Alec Baldwin just dropped a new reality TV series trailer today and his ass shot and killed someone a few years ago. If that dude can't get canceled, there is no such thing as cancel culture. So I want to leave you with this. Just go spend your money however you want, with whomever you want. I don't care where you refuse to spend your money, and I don't think you should care where I refuse to spend my money. Nobody's getting canceled, and no one's changing anyone's minds and definitely not stealing anyone's joy. And besides, this place could use a little bit more joy. So this is what I would like you to do. Go drive your tesla or don't or don't go buy yourself a Tesla, or don't go see Captain America Brave New World like me and the Fellas are going to do next week, or don't because it really doesn't matter. Disney's not going anywhere, Donald Trump is not going anywhere. Elon Musk and Tesla, they're not going anywhere. The world is going to keep on spinning. But what I would like you to do is just exhale for once, just breathe. There's this big sporting event coming up on Sunday, El Patilo Hygante. You might be going to a party, or you might stay home and host a party, or maybe you're just going to watch it alone.
Speaker 1: I've been known to do that over the years.
Speaker 2: Whatever you plan to do to take it in, I'm assuming you're going to do it first and foremost to enjoy it. I would hope. If not, you know, you're really weird. You're you're really strange. I don't hate watch or hate listen to anything. I don't spend one minute watching or listening to entertainment for the purpose of getting myself angry. But I know a lot of people who do hate watch a lot, which is also strange. But like the song said, people are strange. So tonight, before we go, I'm just gonna leave you with some what of what I call enjoyment advice. You got two teams representing Pennsylvania and Missouri and they're squaring off for a football championship. El Patilohigante. The game will be part of sports history forever. No matter what, something great will happen, somebody will do something likely spectacular along the way, and intersperse between the great moments will be some funny and some not very funny commercials. This is my recommendation, and I think Mark Ronner would agree. Have a drink or two or maybe even eight, and enjoy all those moments in between. Try not to stroke out over hearing lift every voice and sing before the game.
Speaker 1: Because it offends your political sensibilities.
Speaker 2: And I know you can do it because you didn't stroke out last year when it was also played, or the year before that when it was also played, so I know you'll survive this year.
Speaker 1: It's not new. Don't act brand new.
Speaker 2: Don't have a conniption either because the camera happened to show President Trump or Taylor Swift. They'll both be in attended to at el patio higonte. Why because it's a TV event. Famous people show up to big events and often end up on the jumble trom or part of the event coverage. This ain't new, it happened. Don't act like it's something new. Don't be brand new. Just be like me, Just be like Mark. Sip your liquor and enjoy the show. Hug your dog or cat, enjoy your buzz. Hell, you might even get some before the night is over if you play your cards right. Nobody likes an angry ass drunk nobody, So before the night is over, make sure you enjoy the game. Lartida dicmte, Enjoy your liquor, Enjoy your special loved one who may be there with you. Because there's no reason to get worked up about stuff having nothing to do with a game in which you don't get any money, a championship ring, or any portion of the proceeds from the sale of any of the products and the commercials. You might as well just watch the game and ignore the rest, because that's what saying people do, That's what we all used to do, and that's what I am gonna do because that way I win.
Speaker 1: No mas atter the score. It's later with Mo Kelly can if I am six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.