Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to the Gimmick, Night two of Wrestlmania. As always, I am the Canadian black eyed Nightmare. Apparently man Cody Rhoads get some I'm sure that Boys and CT concussion protocols well too. He was looking rough, I will say, as one of those people that I'm with others, They're like, oh man, you're not selling the punt. But then when they showed that picture of him, I crawled the stage. It's like, all right, k fake wise, maybe'es that sound real life. He's beat up, but be not. I'm sure Cody will come up and I'll talking about this because it's night too. I'm joined by the Night Too or David. How's it going going good?
Speaker 2: I'm pleasantly surprised by tonight's card and yeah, they much better than last night. So I'm a little bit happier coming into tonight's podcasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I don't even know what the origin of this nickname is. I'm looking at s Bob's and he has a reag greater than MJF. Can you before we go?
Speaker 2: Un?
Speaker 1: That's are you waiting for the rematch? What were?
Speaker 3: I can tell you note she kicked out at two right away with that one ring Angel.
Speaker 4: Took seventeen count to kick out of that.
Speaker 1: You know, Jason Rookie. Okay, she didn't stay long enough to learn it from Kiddy May. That's two things that we didn't talk about the Dynasty. I am not on that camp. It's a fun, stupid arment. M Jeff did not kick out of the fucking one winged Angel, right, I don't care. There was a twenty count whatever, That does not count. It's the first three seconds when you get the whoosh and then the head drop and then the leg. It's a perfect culmination. But I will I'll sto here MGF in the future. But yeah, we're gonna talk about that everything from night two. We're gonna hear s bub selection here here all the matches we watch about this weekend. And then if I can round up, I'm gonna try and get downe a callim for like a quick five ten minutes talk about his first amount of wrestling event and then s bubs uh maybe this happen to the end. What is the draft points looking like? Are we getting an update tonight?
Speaker 4: I'm working on it right now.
Speaker 5: So perfect the end of the night.
Speaker 4: It should be done.
Speaker 1: It's like election, and it's like the election newscasters and like, oh, we're gonna check in and whatnot. But uh, yeah, David, I'll start with you. You're saying you were enjoying this already more than last night. Obviously we had a very long main event not saying his name, but just much longer and then uh, fewer matches, but kind of similar layout as far as scena comes out, promo, match ads, match ads and kind of there wasn't anything that different. Same thing with the second time scene it came out. They had a little bit thing going on, which again Cune not believe, like how do you not have him aa them? Miss in might opinion that's just I know he's in a suit, but like, come on, but what did you feel for the uh the night overall versus Night one?
Speaker 2: Oh overall set a much much better that there were still some moments that were just like what are you doing here? Like the ICU Championship match not having all the entrances, but again we get you know, we get an hour and a half of ads and everything like that. Just just for this, I mean, I wanted to see rusive on a tank again, and yet this is what we get. You know, Trick went in and have that good thing, We got the demon back to just so many good moments, rear Ripley with absolute or Afi coming back like, I'm just this is what I want my night too of WrestleMania to be.
Speaker 5: I just wish there.
Speaker 2: Wasn't such a huge clear cut step between Night one and Night two.
Speaker 5: This is WrestleMania. Both should be a huge stage.
Speaker 2: We should be sitting here debating which one was better Night one or Night two. But there is no comparison.
Speaker 1: Okay, no comparison. I'm I'm I'm with you. We're white the Florida. I don't think I'm as positive as you're not because anything's super negative on the show. I still think luckily they had a bit more of that WrestleMania vibe that I was looking for. I don't know why I feel like the Blue help. I don't know why it's a little stuff like that. I just like the Blue better. But obviously we're gonna talk matches specifically, but the main event. That's saying I don't think the whole show. I think it is just because the the it is the commercials and it is the ads and just some of the pacing and still some of the match times like open Bronck win five minutes, no surprise there, latter got fifteen, Trick and Sammy went nine, and then Demon and Don went thirteen. That thing where I think Demon Don was fine. I think Trick and Sammy need more time. I don't know how long Rita and Jade.
Speaker 4: Was and that was that was a little over ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that was much better than expected. So definitely for just match quality versus Night one. Definitely Night two, I still think it was missing a bit of that pizaz. It feels very just here's what we do there. You know again, there's no backstage segments that really did nothing with Sina. It just feel and I didn't mean to make a triple H punt. I just met like it's just like this is the formula in the layout, and of course it's done like that before. But I think that's the fun thing about each wrestling. It feels a little bit different where I think the format of this will always kind of blend back of my mind. But I think on like Night one, Night two to the main event that did have that wrestling a special feel the entrances. I credit that mostly to Punk and Roman for what they did in the match, So I don't I think I really felt that for most of this wrestle made me the whole show. But the main event Broughn that felt like big time and I've been waiting for that match for twelve thirteen years and it definitely delivered. Felt. Don't get me wrong, don't scure me when I say New japan Style. Not in the way of the hard hitting which at time sure, but in that we're gonna take more slower methodical to build up, which doesn't always happen w main events, or it does, but then they rush to the finish. It's like okay, so and then all sudden finish fish and it's over. So yeah, I did enjoy this more than Night one. I'm curious where we're gonna go in the future and uh yeah we'll see so spos what do you think of at night too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was a really good show.
Speaker 3: I definitely agree with like the main event being like just like a pure wrestling, tighte match, like no interferences, no run in, thank god, like no thirty.
Speaker 1: Four minutes by the way thirty four minutes. By the way, that's the main event. Yeah, thirty four so game a whole half. Yeah, no no OsO in Sight, thank God, Thank the Lord Jesus.
Speaker 3: But overall, yeah, I think the show is good, like we said, like, even though it kind of felt I guess it did have technically one less match, so maybe that's why it felt like so much quicker. But it did feel like a lot quicker, like even without that, like say the match to like fifteen minutes counting entrances, like, it did feel quicker than that.
Speaker 4: But I thought it was a good show.
Speaker 3: Like all the results I felt like fit kind of like what people in general wanted, even if there's some stuff I don't necessarily like. It wasn't my pick, but I think it was kind of like made people happy the entire night with like the decisions that they've made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, David, I'll start with you. What did you think of the main event? Also got Punkin and we're gonna start there because that's the big head onch We've got Punkin Roman. Yeah, like I said, they went for thirty four minutes, big entrances. Roman's got drums and he's got a singer and then he's got the OG music back, He's got the OG bloodline colors back, and then Punk came out of AFI and that was great. And what was nice about this too. We talked about this last night where the like the main event was not hot, this was the opposite. I'd say it was like a sixty forty for Roman. I think he said more of the crowd, but like it at times felt like it had that fifty to fifty feel, which is.
Speaker 4: Like depending on what they would do in the match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and especially if Punk's acting a little shitty, then it's like, Okay, people are gonna boo a bit more, which in person shitty, not like wrestler shitty. So and that's what's great is it is technically still a baby first babyface match, and that's why for me I always go it's like sometimes they're scared to do that. It's like it's fine, Like the crowd will figure it out and it's just electric energy.
Speaker 4: In my GM til and you're not to book it.
Speaker 1: The crowd won't like this, Travis, you know, think better. But yeah, we got thirty four minutes David Roman again the win after lots of exchanges, tables breaking spears gts's what do you feel about this match overall?
Speaker 2: I put in our discord and I strongly agree that as it stands right now. Upon my first watching, this was the match weekend for me for WWE, and I think it did a very like they're back and forth. The trash talking, the mind games was just.
Speaker 5: On par.
Speaker 2: And the back and forth involving Eddie Orango and some of the things like just him.
Speaker 5: I mean he was on some a w rules.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, got broken out tonight. I stepped ahead, and that's at least I appreciate when punk to the little blow the ref went away, but it's again, it's not a big bug. It's just like just make it no to cure. I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 3: They do the like the referee discussion for like the big matches, Like I mean, like when they do it, they're like like like a bunch of times it's like a little.
Speaker 2: But that's fine, do the refereence discretion, but then don't do like again, I send the discord like Michael Cole saying something about, oh, he's distracting the referee so he doesn't see the low blow. If it's gonna be reference distraction, then just do it. Like we've already done so much by this point. We've had the fighting in the crowd, we've had the spot with the still steps and everything else, like.
Speaker 1: Because we made the ref could just say, well he hit him with the steps, I'm letting him low blow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's it's all fair at this point. I mean, we're not going to end on a DQ.
Speaker 3: You know, you could just stay out the way transitioned like the low blow, like into the GTS like he already had his hands like down there and he like picked them up using that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but on that, like I said that, this so far as it stands, is my match of the night, just from the entrances, the pure or of the entrance. I'm sorry, A fi Plane just had me like so hyphe and he paused and he soaked it in from the crowd before it then switched to cults of personality and everything else. Like it was just it was a great moment from start to finish, them trash talking each other back and forth doing when punk start like raising the ones and roaming got in his face and just like everything about this, I'm like it's like.
Speaker 1: Taunt spamming, like like in a game style. So he did he did this, he did a peace sign. I think he meant to do the one and just like fucked up and had it up. He did like the one twice.
Speaker 4: He was listening like the one. The like in games you always it always guns against spammed or he starts doing like push ups.
Speaker 1: That's the like, yeah, yeah, but what you're thinking for obviously it just happened. What are you thinking? Where are you rating range for the match? As far as the number, So for.
Speaker 2: Me right now, this is probably a four point two five or five or sorry, four point two five or four point five four, it's a two five or five. It's a four point two five or four point five that. There were a couple of little hiccups along the way, but nothing of that.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was great.
Speaker 2: I am so glad that they cap out the interference. I didn't want to see a bunch of run ins. I didn't want to see the rock showing up. I didn't want to see, oh, we're building up to backlash or something else, like, just let these guys go, and they did, and it was great.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've heard, dude, but backlash is the backlash to Wrestleman. Yeah, I'm going to just assume Michael Cole was tired and just fucked something up, because it's just like.
Speaker 3: That line was, like what the especially with being in Vegas, you know what happens at backlash stays.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say he's just tired. He's like backlash, the backlash.
Speaker 5: We all know what backlash is.
Speaker 2: It's the backlash to WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: He's just sitting there hoping up to pisses bands because they're not allowed to leave that gat. So he's just like fighting for his life. But uh, yeah, what about you spose you feel to me? Then?
Speaker 4: No, I really really liked it. It was like it was what I wanted to be.
Speaker 3: Uh for like a rating, i'd probably be on like like a four point five, like four point seven five. I don't think five stars because there really five stars. Like there's a lot of matches that i'd give like four point seventy five that I don't give five stars. Like, to me, five stars, I have to feel like there's something specific there that's like I can't like it, just you.
Speaker 1: Can't put your finger on it. Yeah, the same way I do like the movies when people have like eighteen paragraphs of why it's technically a ten out of ten, it's like I'm just gonna at ten for vibes, man Like, I like, like that's why. I like, there's so many movies I watch, like yeah, sure there's this is this, but there's some GENI sa quass, I get what you mean. There's and I agree with you too where I think I'm riting that same range for you, Like I'm the four point five, four points of five. There's something that just capt it from five. But I'm happy because we could have been looking at a three point two five with Jimmy and j and like yeah, or Roman just could have been like we're going ten and I'm spearing your brother like I could. It could have. It could have like they both played ball tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they definitely had. Yeah. I think I thought they had.
Speaker 3: Really good chemistry, like just worked well Taylor and did some like creative stuff. I thought, like I really liked like the whole like submission exchanges and the guillote and like rolling through and.
Speaker 4: Stuff like that. And I mentioned the describe.
Speaker 3: I love the spot of like punk going after him with the knee, like while he's doing the the oh before the amazing spot.
Speaker 1: That's like that's the type of ship that that's what does make Punk great and watch it'll be and so not Punk, but like Punk in his matches and that's where he'll love this. Like Brett always had that you know, stuff where he would just look at it like like no one's ever done that before, and then Brett's gonna do it. Like Punk always has these things in his matches where it's like, oh, that's a great thing, like goother and him did that a few times where it's like, oh, there's just something there where no one's done this, Let's do it. It's a little thing that's not a huge thing to need him during his taunt, but it's never happened or so rarely as happened, and it popped the crowd and myself it was big, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, yeah, that was that was definitely like a sound. But I'll say a whole match is great and like definitely both had like gave it. They're all out there like Punk doing the elbow drop through the table.
Speaker 4: That has to be like he didn't do that in an w at all. Right, I don't think I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: Because I was thinking like the last time he did that was the Undertaker, Like the table didn't break and he like broke his ribs and his foot and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he did, because he fucking felt a guard rail broke his foot. So I think he's very much like I ain't doing any high spots man, like I gotta I gotta be careful, you know. And plus I feel like maybe his time offcoming, so it's kind of like if I get hurt here, like like it's okay, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But it definitely went better than than the last time, because I mean even the table actually did Brandon did break this time.
Speaker 4: But that was really good.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm trying to think what else specific I thought was Like I'll say I liked the actual ending of the match with like Punk going down, like he gave it like everything, and it still enough to take down Roman, and then Roman just got some of the spirit at the end.
Speaker 4: I liked the finish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked that finish in concept, and that's what reminded me the gun throw and more I got to sit on it because I think the only thing that didn't work is they didn't catch the crowd as hot as they could have. It felt like the crowd knew what was happening, So I didn't know if there was like some sort of like, I know, it's something little and it's tough, right, because that was the story that Punk's getting tired. But I kind of wish there was When Rome was running the ropes, there was one more counter and then Roman maybe hit it. It just felt like the crowd just accepted, and you want to try and get them when they're at their hottest, right and get that three count and it was still hot, but it just felt like they missed the boat a little bit there. But I liked it in concept, so I gotta sit on it. But uh no, they that when we went through the list last night again talk about Randy and see Randy and Org and God Randy and Cody Jesus Christ comparing it to like all like the last ten years of WrestleMania main events. I don't know where this one's gonna stack up. And I can never compare to the Cody Roman one because that's like the Portals ones in its own type of bandwagon, right, It's in its own hemisphere sort of thing. Right. I'd say it's probably my favorite one since the Roman Cody first one, because that to me was.
Speaker 3: Like gonna ask you because you always talk about like you say, that would be the greatest man event at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except for it's like the seventeenthing about the finish. For me, it's like and that's where. And I don't know if I can put this as the greatest because I stuff like that match was a bit smoother in parts like that finish. If it would have been Crossroads, that crowd would have been hot. Obviously, Solo pops up on hoodie and you know, here we are history And it was funny though watching this, And I've been waiting for this match forever. I know they technically had like I think a raw match here there when he was in the Shield, but that was early days Roman that was in this room, right, So I've been waiting for this type of thing ever since Punk said that shit inn't the podcast and we finally got here. And for me, if this was a even if it was a Ford delivered, but the fact for me got to like a four point five. I think I'm on sty had a four point seventy five. I'm happy. That's great. I'd be absolutely fine if they actually never run this back again. If it's just that's the one off. Rome's a better guy. And again, I always thought that was gonna happen. I just never thought Roman was gonna lay down for seeing Funk after all these years, after all this shit. But what was funny this whole journey for Roman. That's where it's like, it's so curious where it goes, because I feel like the match and night I'm definitely on social media, Night two's the winner, and then the match people really enjoy I think, I think overwhelmingly, But then I do see this wave of like, oh fuck, Roman's champion again, And that's what's so funny. After the fact, it's like, Okay, what is gonna be this run? But what was crazy to me is when he got on the top rope for the second time he had the title in the Lulu Fall, It's like, this is the first time and I know people have cheered, but this is like the first time he's been a babyface winning a championship at WrestleMania and the crowd is cheering, and that's fucking crazy. Like all those times, all those maybe yeah, after all that and even the Blood one, it's like Okay, he was the cool Heel right, and there was even then when he lost It's like okay, but like it's just it's funny, like after all this time, and that goes into some of the problems they had. It's like he's finally at the stage where like Vincent Maan want them to be, where he's the babyface getting a pop And Yeah, I don't know what's gonna be next. I do. I've said this before. I think he's gonna very much run the bloodline back. It's gonna be different, but I think it's I think Jimmy and Jay will be with him. I do think there's a chance they turn Jay heel this time and they try to run that program because he wanted to try that already. I know there's a Gunther rumors, which as a match I really want to see. I don't know if Gunther needs to take that loss yet, but I'm I'm.
Speaker 3: If we'll talk about it later vastly, Like if Brock is like actually retired, that could maybe something different for like a big sil like like a summer slam, Like if that was gonna be like gunthern Brock there, maybe you do like a gun thurn Roman match.
Speaker 1: True until because again fight for port. He's like, oh, many people expected Brock to retire to Slam. They've still not said either way. They'm like, oh changed, or.
Speaker 3: I say if because I feel like you can still come back.
Speaker 1: I think this like this is a WrestleMania retirement right, like this is the last time he's at this type of stage. But no, this match delivered. I like I said, I love the new Japan sort sid where it builds, it builds. I love the beginning where they tried to wrestle a little bit and then Roman was like, now we're gonna be fighting. I love that they hit the finishes. And sometimes this goes wrong, like s pubs. You've talked about last name many times, the Roman Spear and Stephanie. Sometimes you get the high point and you wrestle more and the match goes down quality. I like, a spear's been hit, a GTS has been hit, and we're going for another ten and it's all working because it feels like to me, if you can do it right like this match, it it feels like overtime in a hockey or football game where it's okay, who's gonna get it? And I love that they teased the spot earlier, like on the table they stopped. It's like, oh yeah, Punk's not doing that, he's too old, but then he does it later on. I think Roman sold it amazing. He's screaming for his life, like when Rock got speared that WrestleMania. So I think they just delivered in spades. I think this match that could even age better on rewatch. Just so, No, this is everything I was hoping for to be creative spots wrestling, but felt like a brawl brought different things back as far as their history with the entrances and just character stuff. Yeah, they they really delivered here, and I think that's where for me at Night two is that that's where it's great, because I think if this was a stinker for me, Night two definitely still have been met at Night one, but would have just been like we got kind of two whole hum nights with some spots bright spots here there. With this made it look like.
Speaker 3: Even last year, like with like Punk seth and and Romance one and then but then night two you got Travis Scott and John Cena. It's definitely like what you leave with. It's like I'll say I think people will definitely remember Cody and Randy, but like, at least on vibes, what you what you leave, the very last thing is what people think about.
Speaker 4: Agreed.
Speaker 1: And man, I've been saying this for a while, and especially now, Cody's gonna be fine for his life. Man, I'm in Roman ending with the title and especially and not It's not.
Speaker 4: Like I think we need a we need to unify the type.
Speaker 1: Well like that's like I just got the vibe. Like, especially with everything that's gone down, I don't think it's all. It's definitely the majority of that stuff's not Cody's fault. I think there's some of it, but not all of it's his fault. I think lots of its management. Because if there's rumors that are true right off, like want to drop in Drew in September and they said no, So that's why I put it more on them. I just feel like now you have this WrestleMania where Roman beats Punk, he's a babyface and he's ending night too. And then you have Cody Rhodes who just like was in this terrible program for months, had this terrible match in just like that cool vibe factor who people are gonna want to get behind. Like I think, if they do that match next year, it doesn't even matter if it's I don't I don't even know if it's in Atlanta, Georgia, if Cody Rose doesn't get booed, if it's like him in Roman, I think it's full. It's not a fifty to fifty. The only way it's fifty fifty to which Cody you're gonna hate me saying is if you turn heel and you gotta be a cool heel. And I don't think he wants to do that. I know last week he's like, oh, I'm kind of warming up to the DA. He's only warming up to that because the other fucking starting to boom him for years. He's like, I never really want to play that character getting a game with Cody. He loves to lie, right, Ryan Danilson him talking about before, so we'll see you lie the Cody lie, right, But.
Speaker 3: Which is is it Brian Cody lie or the other way around?
Speaker 1: I think it's Brian says, yeah, Brian said Cody taught him to lie.
Speaker 2: And that's what we that's where we we got the origin, the origination of the Cody lie and everyone else has talked about it. Kevin Owens was like, yeah, everyone knows you for this. Cardona was like, oh here comes another Cody Lie like it became a thing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the podcast he did with Keviny, He's like, yeah, you've never liked mad Coardona. He's like, I have no issue, Like I've never had an issue that Cordona in my life, Like what are you talking about? Like, but that's where I do think now, just from like perception is reality and I think this WrestleMania health Roman and really hurt Cody, And I don't know, I just feel like now and this is the weird thing. It's gonna fel like triple A Trombrot that world title. That WB title is going to start to feel like that secondary title. And it's it. We're in an interesting position because before if Cody loses Randy, which still could happen, I think Randy's down to play ball, Like Rome wants to main event. Sure, I don't care that an event some er somewhere. Roman's just there whatever, But like sure Cody to Night one now, but you don't think in the future. Cody's been like why are why aren't I Nite two of SummerSlam. Why aren't like that's and now with them both champions because they wouldn't work together. It's like it's gonna.
Speaker 5: Be really, it's gonna be one versus O TC one.
Speaker 1: And I imagine because when is Crown Jewel that's it's a confirmed.
Speaker 3: You haven't announced this yet, but it usually happens like Octember, like it's usually like sometime between, like it's either like October or like November one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so all I'll say is Cody will lose the title of Randy at some point around that time, because I don't think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Randy will just like you know, he'll take a lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, me get a couple of headlocks, say he'll be the guy. If Roone's like I want to go ten and in a spear, Yeah that's great. Can I hit it arkaoe? Oh absolutely, Randy, Oh yeah, we'll do that and then I'll spear right away. We'll make you look strong and ran it's like cool, I don't care. Like that's where I think Randy and Roman will be that because I think Randy, as long as everyone's healthy, will win that title because there's no way because.
Speaker 3: They never said the one on one of like at least in like the recent.
Speaker 1: Era, and there's no way I would love to see the bookers if it's Randy or Rome versus Cody, no title and like like what are they doing, Like there's no fucking way that Nutch happens whatsoever at Saudi. So yeah, it's it's gonna be interesting to see what happens. Like Rome's supposed to be on raw and like what does he do? Does he announce a victory like promo and then he gets attacked or goes away for a little bit, because that's the thing. Remember in the Bloodline era, he would even get attacked, even get attacked, he just leave and then do the return real rings. It's like that's where I'm curious what they're gonna do because I feel like they did the spam attack thing to like fool people, but everyone eventually caught on of like, oh well, he's just gonna be gone for a bit. It's not a feud set up. He's like off for two months. So I don't know what's gonna happen. I don't think Roman is coming in full time, so I just I don't know. And again Roman's just cool right now, So I don't think that's even gonna hurt him. Punk me. It's so many jabs, but them being part time, no one gave a shit, No one cared about that. It's like, oh, we like throwing out the one, you know, so yeah, we'll we'll see I bet someone with Jimmy and Jay tomorrow. I feel like they're I could even see them fucking.
Speaker 4: Walk have like a segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, probably just a segment, but I think soon we're gonna get that walk out. We're getting everything. And like I said on the discord, Dan Houston's gonna replace Sammy just you watch. But uh, anything else on the main event that is immediate that wouldn't come.
Speaker 4: Up, I don't think so. I think that's that's pretty much it.
Speaker 3: The only other thing I'd add is I saw someone say like the producer was like Paul Hammon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is like, again, Paul can be one of the greatest minds. He has some baddisms like everyone else. But yeah, apparently the produced that and the Brock and Obia match, and that's an awesome seeing my or that. I'm happy they did. I'm not sure if you guys caught that of Punk like collapse in the back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like he's trying to walk away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wore those Harley colored Harley Race colors for a reason, and that the gear was amazing. Yeah, we didn't talk about much last night. We kind of forgot but lots of great gear. But his was that's like hey two K twenty seven, that's the gear you give them in the game like that, that's or at least make it on love like that's the some of the best looking gear. But no, I felt like Punk was going really hard and like that any stuff as Jack was cool and again and I feel justified hund percent. There's so many times tonight and this fell like a Roman or Paul Hayman note where they're They never said like this is really the main event, but they said things around them that made it sound like, oh, the true main like I can't remember the verting, I have to get it, but like two to three times they mentioned stuff like yeah they everyone knows now like nine two is the main event and good for Punk. He finally did it in a great al time match. He may never get back there, but like this is one you could hang your head on and like if you never got to do it. This is the one fantastic So, oh, let's see, we'll go. How should we go?
Speaker 2: We'll go.
Speaker 4: We can start with I would start with just the first match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we got Oba and Brock as we talked about it. Uh, Brock, you know, supposed we retired. I don't buy it for a second, but uh yeah, went for about five to six minutes, started with ob again the better of him, and then they went out to the side. Brock caught some hits on the steel steps, the post, a couple of soup plexes and at five and again, I don't want to hear any shit about what we talked about the Osprey thing. None of us had a problem, but it was a big debate. All I saw my timeline was clips of Ila and Osprey for a full week of what is selling and what's not. Oba took a full f five and he got someone of the Oh he was staggered. He wasn't staggered. He got up and he was waiting for Brock to turn around because Brock was taken.
Speaker 4: Yea, he definitely would have gotten gone up faster. Brock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looked like he got up and then he went to go seal because Brock wasn't turning around, so he's like, all right, let me drop down and look winded because he's not hit.
Speaker 5: The timing gets off here and.
Speaker 1: Again that shit doesn't bug me. Stay did it take her to it? They're billing over to be the next guy. Thank god they did that. This match was fine. It was a fun, just like appetizer what we thought would be. But this match was only gonna be fun to me if Oba got the win. He got the win. I think Brock, you know, whatever you want to say about him in real life, he sold it well. He made it look like he was scared of Oh, but it felt like a you know, someone taking the crown from That's why. Actually I would love it if it comes out tomorrow from Dave or Fightful, like yeah, he's just done done. That'd be great because like sure Gunther canna have it. But this, like story wise, felt good, like this felt like the beast of like oh, I can't do it anymore, Like I can't outbeast this guy, and now I'm I should step back. So for what it was was fine, but man, that crowd again, you could have Oba. I think you actually have o beat Roman tomorrow and be fine that he was like that crowd was.
Speaker 4: Like for this is like, this is like you can understand why, like.
Speaker 3: Hogan versus Andre worked like this match like literally like the pot for just Ova just like shoving Brock was like like you know, if you had like thrown him off, like the hell in his cel, it was like the same amount of pop they got for just pushing it out because Ova is just so insanely over Yeah. Yeah, this is like to me, this was like like a two point five star match.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a five star result.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, because if Brock wins this, that the moment, like the crowd would like would.
Speaker 4: Be like dropping Zeros on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What about you, David, do you do you think Brock's gone? What do you think about this this match here?
Speaker 5: I think Brock is.
Speaker 2: Temporarily gone until certain legal matters get cleared up.
Speaker 5: I think that they.
Speaker 2: Would probably be hard pressed not to bring him back if certain things get cleared up. I think right now, with you know, more information coming out and more stuff happened, they were just like, you know what, let's go ahead and do a quote unquote unofficial retirement match, and if things get worse, then they can say he's retired, but if things clear up or go away, or get paid off, or however things happen, you know they can bring him back for one more go later on, because.
Speaker 5: I mean, he is a draw.
Speaker 2: Say what you want about him as a person, and you know the history and what he's involved in. He he is a draw. I'm super happy that Obo won. I mean, the man had or from the moment that he walked out scanning that entire crowd, watching everyone do the Oba strut, it was just like, that was good. I'm glad he had the dominating win that he did. And I am with Kobe Kingston and I'm glad that our people got some justice.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad. They're like, yeah, Kofe was happy about that, and I'm glad that because I feel like they did this with Braun and this was a mistake. We'll say they recover when the the big guy or he'll like comes in. And sometimes people don't want the big guy, the big, powerful guy. It's like okay, boring, powerful wrestler, giant guy. But they're into him, the vibe, the chant, and sometimes they'll do like, oh well, we're still gonna have him as the heel. Well, just kind of force it, like they did that a little bit braun for some reason. I remember back in the day, you know, way Barret's on commentary when the bad news thing got over and he'd come out and do I got bad News. They had him stop doing it because it's like, oh, well, he's a heel. So it's like, what, like you just flip it and like you made this act. People are popping for it. So I'm glad and I that's all I hope they don't do tomorrow is some shit where like Roman celebrating Oba attacks and like, oh, we're gonna flip him to lead up that or something. I don't want that run with Oba as a heel or as a baby face. It doesn't matter. I know. It's harder to book like a dominant, big guy baby face. So that's a lot of times why they don't do it because it's easier for them to be the heel. So I understand that. But I hope they just rock with it and find some fun stuff for him to do. But it is gonna be interesting if he keeps this reaction up, like how they can not strap him up in like the next year or so. You know it's gonna be tough, and ww does that sometimes where they're like, oh, you gotta, you gotta you still gotta some time, kid, But it's like not always right, Like we're talking about Brock, like they strapped him up in a few months like Oba, and I don't know which one.
Speaker 3: I think either one, but I think they are like with him beating Rock, I think they are actually gonna do like the Brock push, Like I could see him winning like King of the Ring this year.
Speaker 4: I'm like going for the title.
Speaker 3: So and that was like literally like Michael Cole's like final line like before Ova like left the stagees like Oba Femi is the.
Speaker 1: Next big the next big thing. Yeah, And that's what's interesting too, and the same thing of like I just don't know which one it's for because like I know, and the only reason I leaned to Roman, it's just because I guess in the post show, Oba called him out and Paul Hayman like he produced Oba Brock match. Supposedly Brock picked Oba, which it means Paul picked him because he's probably like this is the guy you should work, So Paul picked him. And that's where I could see Roman doing that where you know, let's go to Summers again. I can also see if you were to tell me Rome was gonna hold this for a year and a half, I wouldn't be surprised all either. So that's where it's like, this really depends on Roman and it yea and if he also likes him, what a way to make ova he beats Brock at WrestleMania and then at Summersime beats Roman. He could do that rematch whenever, like that makes him right. But if Roman.
Speaker 3: Someone big at like if it does go like the King of the Ring route, he would probably beat like someone big in that.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah you could. I wonder what the.
Speaker 3: Time meat like, because I'd say, like, I don't think like it'd be like a Randy or Cody, because I think they I mean maybe could if they like switch the title at some point.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I would be down if they I know they probably won't because they'll be like, oh, we gotta say this Romania or SummerSlam. But I would be so down if it just was brawn and it was like a like you know, yeah, I could also be like and that's like I just sounds disrespectful, but like I could see it being seth like that's not like big, but it's still like big, right, It's still like a notch on the thing and stuff. So but to me, it all depends on Roman.
Speaker 4: It's like going for a Roman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly right. And that's the thing where it's just if he wants to keep it for a while, then I think he keeps it in and then I think Oba goes to smack down, and who knows, maybe you know, maybe it's Oba beating Randy, which is like it's a weird scenario, but like maybe it is. And again, I wouldn't mind if Cody took some side quest time. Again, stone Cold multiple times was not world champion. He was always chasing. I think that can't hurt you. The long title reign. He was good until the sceneest stuff happened after that, and I think he felt that too. He should have taken a little break, done some side quests, done some other side feuds. So and I just don't know if they want to do Oba and Cody and less Coda's do and unless they want to do a heel, if they want to make him heal, make them cheat to beat Oba and that then I'm down for that that that's what you do. That could get people really fired up. But again we'll have to see. There's a lot of question marks this year because there's a lot of top guys coming up. So after that was until the main Eventalies for me, Match of the Night and the Match of the Weekend for WWE. Wise, my kids loved it, not only just because he's six to seven of us gear, but Javon Evans reminds me I made the comparison resume twenty one Shell Benjamin money Bank after that match, like everyone loves Shell. People already really enjoyed Javon, but I feel like that introduction for a lot of mainstream people or people like my kids that don't watch every week was like, oh, he's gonna become so many people's like favorite wrestlers or fun wrestler watch. Uh, this was a great time. Obviously, sometimes ladder matches can be just like a spot fest, which there was a little bit of that, but I think this was very fun, cool gear round. Poor Dragon Lee had the dragon wings, didn't got a job or entrance, Like I feel bad for those guys that that's that sucks man. That would be like a little demoralizing for me of like the interesting on TV. But you know what, they all worked their ass off fun spots here Penta. We all picked and I thought was the smart move because you need to give him a big win. But man, it is one of those cases like when that crowd was in a Javon, It's like I was like, oh, I hope they switched it, like not in the mid match back just like I'm like, I hope I'm wrong here because you just felt like Javon had he had the heat going. But this was tons of fun and everyone worked really hard. What do you think about lader match, David?
Speaker 2: I thought that this was a super fun match. Yeah, up until the main event, I would have said that it was, you know, my match of the night, Like everyone really gave it, they're all you know. I props to Russev for taking that spot from Rays to.
Speaker 4: The outside.
Speaker 3: Being in the match, but that's kind of why you have like a guy likes in the match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he took a couple of big bumps. I mean, JD took took some moments. I didn't expect much at him, but he did come in and do great. That Spanish fly spot was pretty cool. And yeah, all the luchas wearing red was just uh, you know, fun just watching them them all fly around. Man, Ray Mysterio is fifty one and still doing that a christ incredible.
Speaker 5: I got the man on the shirt.
Speaker 2: I've been wearing them all day because I knew he would show up and show out. And yeah, I'm happy pin to one. I know that, you know Ray being who he is and the future of lucha, I bet you. Like I was watching the sight of Ray just kind of like laying outside of the ring, sitting there looking up like I could tell like he was happy that pent Towan. I was happy at pint one. It was a great match with a lot of a lot of cool spots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I definitely agree with like the Javan stuff, Like the crowd was.
Speaker 3: Definitely wanting it, But I think the match overall delivered to leave people happy with pentertain Yeah, we all pick Penter Ortain just because like he didn't win it that long ago, and it feels like he's still like he's been so.
Speaker 4: Over like the entire year, even when he was just like losing over and over to Dominic for the Icy title.
Speaker 3: So now when he finally has that, I think he's probably gonna hold it still for a while. But yeah, so it's definitely a fun match with all the guys involved in all their spots. I mean, JD has done like in the matches, like when he gets the sign, he always does some crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Here we're hard man, new works hard. I feel bad because I don't think they're ever gonna do anything ever with him. I feel like he's gonna get one day. I hear damn three week icy title run and that's it, you know, or even like I that's tough because I don't think he's like the most charismatic guy, but he's just like a good hand type of guy. He's the type of guy in like the WCW or two thousand screwisweight division, Like he'd be running shop on that thing, right, But uh yeah, he's a hard worker.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I thought it was. I thought it was really good. Definitely.
Speaker 3: I don't know if my like I was expecting it to be good, Like I definitely wasn't expecting it to be bad. But I think I would say it exceeded my expectations just in terms of.
Speaker 4: I thought it was. They did some cool stuff. It didn't feel like a like.
Speaker 3: A match where it's like, oh, I've kind of seen all this before, because ladder matches it's like like there's a lot of stuff you can do, but like it is kind of like there's some stuff that's like, oh, I've seen this before.
Speaker 4: So I thought it was really good.
Speaker 1: The one thing I like to psychology wise, which is because all you can doing different, but it felt like to be in the match, all the rest of us were just spamming to try and get the it over really quick, which I enjoy because sometimes you wrestle with the ladder or it's kind of billing up with that. It was like guy out guy, and even Michael Cole said, oh, they're the action's furious right now, because it did feel like and that's what worred me at first. It is like, oh man, they are gonna like only have like an eight nine minute ladder match end up being fifteen, so at least got some time. But I was like, oh, no, that's why they That's why Michael Cole's saying, oh, they're trying to get the belt so quick. Then I was like, I don't know, like they wanted just to make it seem like to get some stolen or something, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I actually agree with that. I did feel like.
Speaker 3: Someone was always trying to climb up because I feel like there is some ladder matches where like the ladders down and just like nobody's putting the ladder up and you just keep fighting around it. I feel like someone was always trying to climb and like theain stop, so it kind of kept the action just keep going the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that was a it was a good one. And like I said, until main event, I think they did a good job deliver. And that's, uh, that's what you want. You want to because you even even if it's not the standup, you'll that may event more. It's one of those things where that helps all those talent, right gives him and even then like.
Speaker 3: Being on ESPN too, I think it was like one of those things like if you're just like looking at you see that on TV, you'll probably see something interesting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I hope this is like because like there's something there. I hope this can like refire up Rusove a little bit, like with the Kratis and Radas, right, Like I'm not saying to push them to the main chance. Yeah, but again like we saw in real we saw that board where they're talking about doing Russef and Cody for King of the Ring finals. So it's like at some points they've wanted to and he can deliver be a good just kind of monster heel type, you know, not he shouldn't be like I guess Brock did too. But like the ob and Russive thing, you could have made that like a Saturay it's made event, you know, match, not just like he's gonna beat him in three minutes on wrong right, you could. I'm saying russif could be that kind of like b heel monster type, not just another job. And I think today he did good work. He put in it like he was a good big guy. So it's just one of these things where it's just I don't know it. They got him back. Use them like like fucking use them, not just on main event. So we'll see in Sydney Dragon Lee Dringle looks great, you know, like he's another guy. I hope in the future they got to stop like he's like the uh ah god, what wrestler. I feel like they did that for a while where he kept getting like mentors and keep pairing with somebody. We talked about this many times, but like recently yeah, I know recently within the last year or something, but like even then, oh hook hooks that right, Yeah it's Eddie Kingston, Samo Joe christiergall right, he's always like and that's dragon like und Yeah, so it's been Rai's been a j I hope after Mayne. Yeah, even his back say Shay segment of like hey or do the draft separate them? But even if during he's like, hey, love being l W love me your partner. But I think I can make a run the signals and Ray just go all you do you do the man, and then he does that and they walk away like I drankingly. You can make a great ic US title type of contender, open challenge guy, like he's still got the goods. So all these people have the talent, so I hope they can get some shine. So uh, next we had Trick and Sammy. What a weird fucking match for me? Man the double turn, but like the double turn where.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like it's not for me.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a double turn because Sam like, but it's Mary has already been like heel for like two weeks now, very much he.
Speaker 2: Was only heeled because he beat Mellow like that.
Speaker 5: Nothing else other than.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you took our guy off there, and this was more of a beating into okay, you guys are gonna boom me than fine. I would do some heal tactics. I'll beat up little yachty things like that Mellow.
Speaker 4: It was like in a heelish way.
Speaker 1: Not the first time though, right, The second time was the second time?
Speaker 2: Yes, the first time was clean, That's.
Speaker 1: What That's what got on the heat though, right. He wasn't getting the heat because oh he kind of cheated. He got the like oh Mellow, And that's where it's just like again much like Cody. It's just funny how a few many years of past I worry for Samy. At least if you do this stuff and you get the win, you get some heating him more. It's like he's become the heel. He's acting a little shitty in the match and then he just loses. It's like, who's gonna give a shit about Sammy now, you know? And then like he can put on the great match. It's just like like and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's wrong thing because like I'm I think if you ask me who would I rather win this match, it would have been tricked. Because he's a new guy, he's hot. People like him, he's got this good aura. Just run with him. Don't do the thing like we're gonna make him wait for it. In my opinion, note they should have just done the triple threat because at least if Sammy's being shitty right away, you have the well I lost my title on a triple threat, like or you didn't pin me or whatever, like you can do that, but just straight up with no shenanigans. And the whole feud's been hey, Sammy, you're a fucking loser, and what happened? Sammy just lost even even And that's the problem with all the commentary. Myucle's like, I don't know why Sammy's acting like this. Wait where it's like, well, he keeps losing, so he's gonna change something up. He lost again, He lost again, so I don't know he's gonna the only thing that could save him is he's gotta look at uh broke Baron Corbyn run and he's gotta look at the young Bucks because remember when they were dude. Before they did the broke thing, people were tired of the Young Bucks. Heal Young Bucks. People were over it, Like, sure they had set an interview.
Speaker 3: Is that like they were on purpose wrestling bad in the heel room?
Speaker 1: Sure, but like at the same time, I don't think that was that. I think it was that feeling of people like like, there's nothing else to do with the Young Bucks now they've done everything, the founding Father things, They've been feuding with Kenny for two years and turning on like it was just the same old, same old, And that's I think Sammy has to do that where he has to play long game, he has to do heal that shit and keeps losing and then eventually you can build yourself up to be like, oh I'm a loser, baby face, and then that's when you get the win. Says the Young Bucks. They got everybody back and everyone's just like, oh, they should trap them up, get rid of them all, get them off FDR. Right, So there is a way out of this for Sammy. But I do think right now it's it's a thin line. So I thought this match though, for what they're trying to do story wise, it needed another five minutes. I know Trick can not be the greatest in the ring, but I still think if he went for another five minutes he would have been okay, especially with sam Sammy's.
Speaker 3: Well, like, yeah, for Trick, like the thing everyone says, like like it's always up to like the person. It's not like the other person is like carrying him, but Trick will always kind of like match the other person, like how they're working, and.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, what do you think this matching? Where I spose I liked it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I definitely. I felt like even with the same result, I do wish it had been like a little bit longer, like even if it ended like the same way, I kind of felt like you could have built to Sammy, like even if he doesn't actually cheat, just like trying to cheat a few more times before the finish. But overall, yeah, I thought it.
Speaker 3: Was good and I thought, like like I said, I thought Sammy was gonna retain.
Speaker 4: Like through cheating or a low blow or something like that.
Speaker 3: But then I think a lot of people like just want to see Trick win, and like, yes, I think they would have been add not at like Sammy the character even like if you're retained or like gone, he would be like, you know, like Triple's booking, you know, he's not putting the title on on Trick when he's sob and stuff like that. So I can see both both sides of it, and in the end, I think it was a good decision overall.
Speaker 1: There is a nightmare version of this where it's uh oh, but losing a Brock and Trick losing the Samy and the crowd is fucking man, it's just rocking and rolling all night, like you gotta be kidding me, right, So, and that's and I think I don't think these were the change results, but I do think there's always if they were ever wavering, if you have a Night one where again they can be like we don't look at they do look if it's like okay, let's just go for the happy ending. So there could have been a version of this for Samy's winning. But it's like, you know what, people have Trick. People weren't happy with Night one. Let's just give him some happy moments like yeah, Trick, you win, no interference, no, nothing like that. So he gets it. David, what do you think about Trick? New US Champion, longest code of all time to in WRESTLEMANI history.
Speaker 2: So yeah, except it. I'm happy with Trick winning. I had him winning on my predictions.
Speaker 5: I figure, like this, if you're going to do it, this was the time to do it.
Speaker 2: The the double turned aspect of it, but you know, it is what it is. But it was an okay match, Like it was a solid like B minus in my opinion. You know, just it was cool, but it wasn't. This was my least favorite of the matches this night.
Speaker 6: But that's I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I agree, Yeah, it just felt that.
Speaker 2: The bar it is pretty much up there. I I do like Trick's entrance, uh, with the long coat and everyone you know, chanting whooped that Trick and everything else, and you know that that was good. But outside of that, yeah, it was just it was a cool little match, but it was nothing special.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the coat got me because like I didn't even notice that until they had like the like drone shot of it.
Speaker 4: He just had this insane lelon co. I thought it was character all right.
Speaker 1: So a couple of updates here in Romans. So Roman says to open because Obill called him out on the pre show or whatever pos show said, you did a big thing tonight. But I've done that many times. Let's see how you do through this summer and then we'll know if you can step up to the Grays all time. So you got that taking some time, well all is part time crap. We're gonna fix that. You'all better make some room because you're gonna see my ass all summer. You know why, because this fucker guy is gonna lose a summer Slam and then he's gonna go away. Because now because and don't get wrong, I'd be completely fine if that if Roman, I think I like that more instead of the Romans here for a couple of weeks break. If it was like let's put all the time together, something happens, I'm gone for you know, until many a season. I prefer that because there's other people that can take the place. I would love. It's like, Okay, you got me on the summer Slam. Let's figure out what we're gonna do, and then after that, I'll be back in January. And that'd be I'm completely fine with that other versus the two months table spot, two months barricade spot too. You know, it's just like this weird stuck up and starts Yeah, he can finish.
Speaker 4: Some time together and just let him have his vacation.
Speaker 1: And that's where it's like, hey, Punk, go take time off, and then when he's gone, we can bring you back. We can bring this person back.
Speaker 2: Now he's he's only back because Cody's got a black guy and they need somebody to promote street Fighter.
Speaker 1: Well, I did I wonder because street Fighter against out till September, right, Yeah, so I I saw someone making that point where maybe it's the same thing. They also just want them both to be on the red cart with those titles, you know, for the street Fighter and everything. You guys see that video of Roman reacting to him as Guyle, Yeah, oh my god, it's just dog in this guy. He's making the biggest fucking loser. I'm gonna I gotta say that's a new mean thing I'm gonna bring up right now. Because I saw that. I gave the biggest laugh because it's just like I don't again, I think it's real life, like like competition. He I don't think it's like hate each other heat. I think they're trying to put that out there, But I do think there's like any chance Roman will get to Dog on Cody. He will and like.
Speaker 2: Cody's like this fucking guy.
Speaker 1: Cody doesn't. I don't know why if it's because he's bayface. He doesn't have that bone anymore. He used to be like fuck the revival, fuck like he used to have that bone. It's like since he has kids, he's like, I don't know if I any need that anymore. Brother. But Cody rosa like, look at this ship. I I meanna gets a thumbnail one day. You see he's looking they're intest Cody for this trailer thing. Cody's looking like fucking Kyle. It's like that face I'm making that I'm saying of me for sure. But that's like the most like big brother little brother thing. And cause it's just like Cody has no idea.
Speaker 3: Cody's looking like you need a clip just like from TV to him, like you at the at the camera and say that, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah exactly, like yeah, it's yeah, Roman, He's he I'll get in that. He's great at being the underhand assassin and that type of stuff.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Next we got Thinn and Dom Yeah and the Demon. It got turned into a street fight. The Demon entrance was cool, but like also really overproduced. In my opinion, it was he comes out streamers, he has this weird fucking heaving at one point when Finn was like he put that down, but it was not cool at all. It was like stop it. It was it definitely, definitely was like we have a long ramp and we don't know what he can do. It's like make him a little like voodoo doll thing. And then when they cut.
Speaker 4: Up, they gave him a Fortnite pickax.
Speaker 1: And then they cut to him and he has the smoke pings and then there's war streamers like this feels like this guy's coming back from a career threatening injury. But this was like fun. I think this was like Jacob and the Drew for me, where it was good but it kind of underdelivered. I actually thought they were gonna have a bit better chemistry. I think it's because it's he's working like the Demon, and I'm very fifty to fifty on the demon thing. I definitely demon like. He didn't even do the Demon. He just wore fucking paint in Nuja stuff. In the other deal. I wish it was always that where he just looked cool and wrestled the same. I don't need the this and like the Leo Black, Yeah, I don't know. And it felt like.
Speaker 4: It's like how Fin is rumored. It was like.
Speaker 1: And that's what it's just like, I felt like he had done in three years. This felt like extra goofy. So yeah, I wish honestly now, I wish it was just Finn and Dom and also just a wrestling match. I don't think we need after the ladder match, I don't think we needed a plunder match either, So this one kind of not bad, but under deliver. It's like a a three point twenty five for me or something like that, where I actually thought they could have been like a like a maybe even a four, like a back and forth. I know some people thought he was just gonna get squashed. I'm glad that didn't happen. But yeah, Dad, what do you think about the Demon and Dom?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the the entrance was a little weird. I mean, the streamers getting into his face, the thing with the little the pickaxe thing and like trying to play to the camera with it. You have definitely over over produced, Like if they just had him come out, you know, do the whole thing with the heart and go from there.
Speaker 5: I've been fine. I really love.
Speaker 2: Dom's entrance though, because that was, yeah, I was Dom's great with the entrances, Like they did have some some good spots, you know, for it being you know, the type of match. It was like that six one nine with the chair or Balor's drop kick while Dom had the chair around his neck. Like they really use.
Speaker 5: Some good things.
Speaker 2: I hate that the tables have the slim GYM logo all over it because in matches like this and some of the other matches and just just like oh god, damn it with the product placement. So yeah, but like that's it was a cool match. I mean they I also think, I'm like, all right, so you did this hole, We're going to have, you know, a street fight. That's because we have too many regular matches on the card and then the very the final match of the night. They do more in the c stuff in the street fight. But again they had fun with it. Demon went over as he should. I thought it could go fifty to fifty over who could go over because I know they love Dom so much. And you know, I did see a funny tweet where it said, uh Dom getting back to the clubhouse, going where the f for you guys for the judgment day, Like they came out for Live, but no one came out for him, so that that may be a running story going forward. But yeah, it was. It was a good match overall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, for this time, I thought Finn like had to win.
Speaker 3: If he's like bringing back the Demon, I saw something posts this was his first win as the Demon in seven years.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, yeah, because he was supposed to show he was supposed to beat Edge, like even Edge, like he's been a record Like I I was reading to lose to WrestleMania, but Vince came in like no, like like it's it's so weird because I don't understand and quick tangent of Vince's relationship with Edge and Christian because he's always like believed them or not. He when they did roam in an Edge, they added Daniel Bryan because the report was that he didn't feel like Edge was big enough for that match, like at when they got to it, he felt like it wasn't gonna have the hood spot, so he added Brian. But then the next year he's like, well, we gotta protect Edge. It's like what like it just feels like last year you're already feeling like he's not a big enough guy and now we gotta protect him. And like he's done that multiple times. Like I'm not sure you heard the story where at one point he wanted Christian wrestle with a dot over his face. Have you ever heard this?
Speaker 2: He thought he was ugly and he doesn't like the way he looks, so he wanted to put one of those big blue dots like you see on an old episode of Cops or something.
Speaker 1: Just why he wrestled. He's like, you're gonna wrestle and you have a dot over your face.
Speaker 2: And then he told one of the announcers on Christian's return to like, no sell Christians for it. It's like, just just say it's Christians. So everyone is like going after the announcmer like.
Speaker 5: Dude, you had no accept me.
Speaker 1: He goes.
Speaker 2: Vince literally told me, do not be excited, showed no excitement, No sell this, like this is this guy's grand return and you're no selling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And same thing with the cash unseen. I think Vince was like, I don't like we're gonna give you this run. And he did say like I think he said, prove me wrong. When he hand them the briefcase. It's just like it's always ride those two. But yeah, Finn should have Austin be edged. That's crazy stats seven years, that's that should not happen again now for a bit. But yeah, we'll see what happens hopefully. I don't know what they're gonna do with Finn. I don't know. I really don't know what they're gonna do with Thin because I don't think he's going to the tippy top spot and Penn is the icy champ now, so maybe he's just gonna just beat some guys, be a babyface, do the haw and that's it. We had Jade versus Rhea, and I think in the most anticipated match this weekend for is this gonna be a train wreck or not? And this could go out of the way match, and s bubs were which way did this go for you?
Speaker 4: I ended up really enjoying the smash. I thought it was really good.
Speaker 3: I thought, you know, just fight, like all the drama and stuff in the build up to it. I think in ring it like really clicked between them. I did like like obviously Rea playing like more of the underdog role in this stuff and doing some stuff differently that she wouldn't do against like most opponents, like even setting up like there's a spot she she always does. It's just like the razor's edge into the like the Shining Wizard kick when the person's kneeling down, but against Jade, she actually did it like instead doing the Razor's edge to Jade, it was like she did hurk and Rona the Jade and then that's what got her on the knees to do like the Shining Wizard.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of changing up how it went. And yeah, I thought I thought it was good.
Speaker 3: It went like pretty much exactly how I expected to go, with the run ins and stuff like that, and I really liked how they end up getting to Like the riptide transition at the end was really cool where she like kept the hands hooked and I got on her counter.
Speaker 4: Was really clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's good stuff, David, But you on this one, it.
Speaker 2: Was you know, just it was a good back and forth match. It was better than I expected. I didn't know, like I had no faith in Jade, sorry to say, like, you know, I wanted her to do better, but it just there's always that risk I did not like, especially since we had a run in on the Women's Championship yesterday. I did not like them having another run in with Meechin and b Fab for this one as well. Now, granted it's how we got Eo Sky in there and that kind of even things up and which led to the Indian combination. What was good with you know, Jade going for her finisher, reversing it and going into hers and then getting the pin like that was fun. I laughed wholeheartedly at Rhea yelling at the end, I got the championship and I got the girl while she was celebrating with Eo Sky Ye. So but I'm ready to move on from from the Jade stuff and see where rie it goes from here. Maybe even you know, this friendship with her and EO gets back to being a friendly rivalry and they go at it because friends one is heel.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 2: They got great chemistry.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what well, Yeah, I will say, Like with Riha winning the title, I kind of feel like, obviously Eo is on ride.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is at least for a while.
Speaker 3: Now, like the actual end of like them as like a partnership, like every week on TV at least for a while. Yeah, I mean I feel like Ria is gonna like be doing her own stuff now as she's like the champ.
Speaker 4: Again, and yeah, I'm curious where it goes.
Speaker 3: I feel like obviously putting her on SmackDown like automatically adds like different people for her to work with because she hasn't been on SmackDown. And like I'm trying to think, like definitely since she was a heel, like I mean, like I think probably like twenty twenty, I think when she won the title from Charlotte, she was she was on SmackDown, so pretty much since that hasn't been on there.
Speaker 1: And then I think like the the the whatever, the brand extension or whatever was very loose, Like I think there was a lot of like bopping between shows and stuff so be like they're on smack Down.
Speaker 3: But that's when they changed the titles to like the SmackDown Women Championship became like.
Speaker 4: This like the one that's on Raw now and the other way around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, no, it's one of those things that for yeah, moving away, Yeah with Jade, I still think that you could probably do one more of this. I could see it more of a gimmick style and I do get so in this one too, the interference. I'm more fun on this one, even though granted the reason I got less fun because I'm with you guys too. The match end up being way better than I thought. And that is a Creditoria Ripley. And this is what I'm sicking. I get it. Not talking about like real weird shippers and those type of fans, not those people, but it's this thing where it's like, and I was on that bandwagon or like, hey, Riah, she's the future this when she beat Charrette. To me, that was like, Okay, this is the stamp. She's gonna be our go to, She's gonna be our Sena Cody whatever Roman for this division, right and everyone's like, yeah, that's who we want. And then two years into it's like yeah, but now she's done it too much. It's like no, no, no, Like that's why they picked her because she did this where Jay this could have been easily two star lower matches could have been erect. But I'm not saying it's all just Ria. Jay definitely showed up in one of her better performances tonight, but I just be like, that's why you pick someone like Ria because she can. She has the ore and the looks and the cool gear, but she also can just fucking wrestle and do it. And yeah, this was ten minutes, but that's when the interference happened. I was only that way because, like all these two were actually having a good match. I don't want it. I understand why they did it in case, because it could have been a good cover for them to kind of get some heat, and it got EO out there. I understand. But that's where it's like, I don't know if you're tired of Rhea being this person. I think she's this person until she fucking retires or a bad injury or something. Right, it's like and that there's a reason she's there and reason she's doing that, So I think she's great. She still gets the pop up, she stills, the look, she steals the aura. Felt like she was very confident in this match, and no, it was it was surprisingly a good solid like nine today is the longest women's match of the weekend. And but I am in the camp where I don't need them the feud. But yeah, I am done with Rhea and EO. Now I hope this is the cap are off and if it's not, then sure you got to turn EO at some point, but I'm done with that. Obviously we had Dan House and other stuff. EO and Oscar should have been on this card, especially tonight, like this was like a shorter than the last one, right, they could have put one more on there easily, but uh no, I re again just kind of shows what she does and hopefully she gets some good people on next to work with. Then hopefully they can do some calls, because that's the thing too. This might be a new challenge and or SmackDown has been known as like the this really sucks for the woman division over there, right, so now it's going to be like, well.
Speaker 4: We're gonna yeah.
Speaker 3: Like on smack On, the thing is like there are no faces, she'd be like, there's a lot of heels for her to work with, at least, like pretty much everyone is a heel on Smackdum, but definitely like the options to try. It's like, you know, you have you can do the Tiffany match or Jordan Grace who are on SmackDown that you they haven't done yet, or even like you know, like.
Speaker 1: A Chelsea and Tiffany you can turn Tiffany and get that going. Yeah, so any maybe even like maybe Julia too, because I saw on that there's a podcast Ria did where she's a big fan Julia. She says she hasn't got the time. I think Ria to me, and she should know this. She's got enough stroke to go, hey, I don't know your program with Julia. Even if she's not going over, give me a month, let's have like heat it up. Let's have a good match. It's like Ria has that power now like Charlotte did a couple of years ago when they're like, hey, you guys got eleven minutes and sure, it's like we're going twenty nine like that. Like Ria has that power now where it's like, yeah, let me make Julia Starr. You guys aren't doing it, so let me do it. So I hope that does that because Julia needs that. So there could be some good stuff there. So, okay, is there anything we have touched upon with the Mania? We talked all the matches moments.
Speaker 2: We had the John Cena and Dan Hausen's segment, which, oh my god, that that I like Dan Hausen. I you know, sometimes silly wrestling can can be fun, but this this segment was just.
Speaker 5: Not it for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's not. Uh yeah, I guess it's just I think I'm fine in these segments if we get these matches that are longer or other people that weren't left on the.
Speaker 2: Card, right we cut people from the card, Dragon Lee russev JD. They didn't get an entrance. We got an hour's worth of commercials. Plus this is just like all this this fluff. If we had a solid card and then you put this in here as maybe, you know, just something to kind of bring the crowd in for a little bit, allow them to catch their breath before the next match. I get that, but they had plenty of time to catch their breath with all the damn commercials.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and that's where too. It's just like I'm not a hater of the guy like many other people, but I felt the song. I was watching the Hall of Fame. It was like man Missing twenty twenty six, just nothing I want to be seen on my screen right now, you know, like like other than put them on the post showing pre.
Speaker 3: Show shit matches with gun Thar a few years ago. You know, run that back, you know, the.
Speaker 4: Career with like a four point five.
Speaker 1: Sum up for that and then just I'm just like, I just like that's a guy that he doesn't have a go away heat for me. He just has like bathroom break, get a snack. Yeah, he's just a miss you know. And that's where it's just like I think that's one of those things where it's like the act is kind of over. There's nothing you can really refresh with that I don't think he wants to do. And it's fine, I'm not saying he I think he does get shipped on more than he should. But I think it's just this case of like even the whole thing, like listen, I'm doing these speeches. He sounds so robotic and it's so like, I know, the whole fame always has somebody says like a fake feeld, but like it's just like, oh, this is so cheesy and just like it doesn't feel genuine all And it might be genuine the thing he's saying about these people, but I didn't feel like that. But you know, better than the Shane.
Speaker 3: Spot went to the like I pretty much only watched like the Good Brothers speech and and AG speech.
Speaker 4: That's the only they'd checked that was on the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I watched the whole thing. It was a very kind of milliar. Dennis Rodman was a fucking disaster that he heard.
Speaker 4: People like that.
Speaker 3: He's like, I saw people talking about his speech, but I didn't see any clips of it, so n never knew, like what exactly.
Speaker 1: He's just stuttering on. He would like say something like walk off the stage for being come back and say stuff, and he.
Speaker 5: Was just what we expect that of Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Staffs was just like overly long. They her Hall Fame package had three separate songs. There's a story when Cody inducted Dusty and Vincent Taker and a bunch of other people in the back were like, man, this fucking promo with this kid just cut like and then he was like on top of their list. Not the le that daughters did not get that gene. Unfortunately it mayde it happen, but it was. It was. And don't get me wrong, they could be nervous. I'm not saying that like, oh they're off, just like it was very much like someone talking about their mom that doesn't have much public experience, where Cody wasn't that. Cody was like, yeah, who is this kid? Like, he's just he's doing this, he's talking, So they didn't as of right now, they don't have that charisma that their parents have. And then Linda came out there and was Linda McMahon and stuff, and Sevany s something. Speech was good again long, but again my tinfoil hat theory. They're inducting these people saying in the fucking Al Simon in a year. So we'll see. But uh, all right, well that's WrestleMania. We do this. Uh, we're gonna talk abou a few other things here, all the draft points. But yeah, if anyone listen, long, thank you. We do this podcast about twice a month. Dates are kind of all over. Soon we'll be doing our GM Mode season four week what is it now? Ten to twenty? I think it is right or do Yeah, so we'll see probably the next couple of weeks here then. Yeah. Usually our schedules th most time is either before a POE or pay per view or after. Lately it's been after just because it's been hard to do the predictions, but it makes sense. But yeah, that's what we kind of do. S pups awesome Before we get to some of your selects and recommendations. What did you did you get that draft done?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we sit at for night, the first night. If you don't know, we all drafted ten superstars one jobb er. It works just like a fantasy football, where we get points based on wins, defense's main events. All that good jazz, and yeah, what are we sitting at right now? S bobs between the three of us.
Speaker 3: All right, So I'll go from from lois to highest, starting with.
Speaker 4: Me, I'm at negative twenty two points. Brandy Orton losing.
Speaker 1: Damn it that damn Randy Orton. Okay.
Speaker 3: Then next is David with forty two points because he did get Becky title win, but y Alsa ad c him Punk and Stephanie losing the titles. Some negative points there, but all the rest of your picks did get points, and even if it was just like an appearance at Wrestleman, he's still got some points there. And then in first place is Travis with ninety points.
Speaker 4: Already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty much every you dressed a bunch of people.
Speaker 4: You got Ria Roman live trick and that's it.
Speaker 3: And he also got ten points for being the closest in Reugh bumps because he had the lowest.
Speaker 4: He had six, So yeah, they ended up being you.
Speaker 3: Know, debatable if you count Pat as an official refer so either two or three in there, but yeah, that was your official.
Speaker 4: Ref bump count. I don't think there's no rough bumps today.
Speaker 2: I think I will say everybody on my list, with the exception of my jobber, was on the WrestleMania card.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well because who's yeah well and I well, luckily I had Russa, So I guess I'll go I should start doing this every time we do the big ones. But S Pubs has a Eosky, Randy Warden, Penta, Javon, Evans, Jay Husso, Bailey, Raez Camlo, Hayes, Lash Legend, and Dan Helson and then his jobbers Kit Wilson were a You get points where they lose. I got Rie Ripley, Rome Rain's Brown Breaker, Live more in Trip, Williams, seth Rons, Rocks and Press, l A Knight, Finn balor Uh and Russ my job er. So I got some points tonight for wrestling and losses, and David's got Cody Rhodes, Oba, Feme, Sam Punk, Stephanie Vakier, Gunt Becky Lynch, Jacob To, Drew McIntire, shirt player and Domastiro and Matt Cardona is his job or so we'll see. So hey, I'm hoping if Roman is a plan on working the summer, that'd be great and then I can drop him after the summer. So that's be the ideal. But uh, yeah, there we go. So yeah, spo sinisch Off, because you did a lot of watches of wrestl mining stuff so or resuming weekend stuff. So I want to know, I got a couple of my lists, but what could there be missing? What did you enjoy this weekend from the Independence Circle?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I watched a whole bunch of stuff. Sadly, you know.
Speaker 3: The sad thing is I didn't have the time to end up watching Natty versus Shane att.
Speaker 1: Blood Oh yeah, to watch yeah.
Speaker 3: But I would still watch it just just after this. But I can go through a bunch of stuff I watched. So I watched. I watched a couple of matches here off of Joey Janelli's Spring Break ten uh, starting with the ladder match, which was a grab the brass, grab the brass ring doors, ladders and chares a match featuring like a million people, and and that match I thought was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: It kind of went on for a while.
Speaker 3: Like that was definitely one of those like ladder matches or matches were like so like someone does a big dog to the outside that takes out like like a bunch of people and then it's just like two people in the ring for a while.
Speaker 4: But I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll just go through the stuff that stood out to me the most going through like every single match, but uh, Sandman wass the abyssible Man, I can't that was a really I read the ruetime it's over twenty minutes long the match, but it was just wild. I mean, Salmon like he was doing he was doing well with the whole invisible Man gimmick, like he was really playing it up and like people were into it. Like his entrance, I think he played through the entire song like all of Anderson through his entrance.
Speaker 4: And Yeah, it was just like a very goofy match.
Speaker 3: And like I said yesterday, I don't even know what i'd rate it, just like a question mark.
Speaker 4: It's just like.
Speaker 3: An experience of a wrestling match, and honestly, the main event there was Brodie Lee Junior versus Joey Janella, and I thought this was actually like a really really good match.
Speaker 4: I gave it.
Speaker 3: I gave it a shoot four point five stars rating here.
Speaker 4: I thought it was really good.
Speaker 3: Something else that is, like I added some notes here, but I thought GCW has like really good video packages, like their video packages were really well made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that which is we didn't get enough of this weekend WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: So yeah.
Speaker 3: But the match itself I thought was like really good, especially you know for Brodie Lee Juniors being like his first singles match and some pointing out like I'd like he only takes like one like bump in this match, Like it's kind of all like Joey like playing off of it, like selling, and like he really like he really did really good in this match. And Brody like he had some he was moot like he was seriously impressive in this match, Like he had some I pointed, like his jumping kicks and like knees and stuff like that were like just hitting him like he was hitting some v triggers like like prime Kenny Omega out there, and but it was just and and all this like he did like a bunch of move homages to like people who have like you know, either like trained with their inspiring So he did like the heat Seeker like and he did the Crossroads. He did like Sister Rabagail. He did his dad's lariot and and uh.
Speaker 4: He did well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did the V trigger and I'll see won with the specifically the Natty sharpshooter on Joey Janella to get the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. I'm excited. I'm excited to check that out. I'm very excited to I'm excited to see his career and young Sting's career, you know Sting JUNI he had he wrestled.
Speaker 3: That was also one on my lists. I didn't get to watch Steve Borden. Yeah, he did wrestle match on like the MLP Maple Leaf Pro Show. So that was one I had on my list and to get to check out.
Speaker 1: But said representing R O H, which is interesting because they've not announced him like officially signed.
Speaker 4: It's just done like dark matches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I feel like he's probably like on a low key kind of deal of like either way, like I feel like that he'll have some big performance like on an R o h show soon and then that'll be like at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Then another random show I watched was a show called coder Mania, which is an all women's show. I believe this was one of the earliest like WrestleMania week shows, as in like days a week. I think this was on Wednesday, so they keep moving like earlier and earlier in the week, just because like there's so many shows, Like obviously these are just the ones that are televised, but if you go to like you look at the list of all the shows happening in Vegas, there are so many wrestling shows like.
Speaker 4: Every day of the week. But this was a show. I watched a couple of Mattress show. Most of them were just like fine and.
Speaker 3: Just it was cool seeing some you know, wrestlers I hadn't seen before and just kind of interested to see if I see them pop up in something else later.
Speaker 4: The match just stood out to me.
Speaker 3: Here was It was Brittany Brooks versus Gypsy Mac versus Izzy Izzy Morino, like the Bailey like super fan who became wrestler, and I thought she was actually like very solid and like polished in ring. I thought she was really good in this match, like not having seen her before and just kind of known about her. Uh, I feel like not one that's like she'd get like signed like super Soon, but definitely like stood out like even watching I watched a bunch of matches from the show, and there's like people who weren't weren't as definitely stood out as being like better than some people on this show. So yeah, uh that was like the interesting match. There's some other random matches here. I watched TJPW, which I've always been been interested in this for a while. It's just Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. It's it's like, well Stardom is like the like the biggest like Women's President Japan, and TJPW is like it's sort of like their their like cousin promotion. I mean, not like relaid, but in a similar way. The thing I do know about TJPW is they do slay more like comedic stuff like in their shows. That was like if you remember that like match where like just a couple of weeks ago of like Takeshta and his wife did like a mixed tag match. It was at this promotion, same promotion TJPW, So they do stuff like that and and but the thing I heard is like they do the comedy matches, but then like the actual like like the serious wrestling matches are like really great stuff.
Speaker 4: And I did agree.
Speaker 3: Which was the match I would recommend, which was Meu Watanave versus Meu Yamashta versus Mizuki, a triple threat match on the show, which I.
Speaker 4: Thought was really really good.
Speaker 3: It started off like like doing like some comedic stuff and then just kept like amping off.
Speaker 4: Into a really good match.
Speaker 3: And that was the photo I posted of Meu Watanave and Claudio like this this this lady is like she's like the female Claudio and the stuff she can do, like she was.
Speaker 4: Doing like the giant sling, like double giant sling, and she.
Speaker 3: Has like the same thing as Claudia when like like you see him like pick someone up and you can tell it's like nothing for him, like it's just like something different, like you just pick people up like it's nothing.
Speaker 4: And she's the same.
Speaker 3: Way like and I thought, like i'd heard of her before in this match shownly like like made me interested to want to see you like go back and see some of the matches I heard of hers that were really good and like be on the lookout for more of hers in the future.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: And another match from that show was like the main event, which was a Yuki Arry versus Jay Rod and Jay Rod I had heard she is she she is American, I'm pretty sure. And and she's also on the American Gladiators show as well.
Speaker 1: Lots of resume representation going on.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, but but she impressed me a lot.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say like in rings, she wasn't like like she would definitely and batter.
Speaker 4: She wasn't like something like crazy.
Speaker 3: But to me it stood out as like being someone of like I thought in ring, like she has to look like to me, she was one that's like I would be surprised if she wasn't signed to like WA or AW within the next like year. She has like you can google like Jade ash Rob like I thought she had, Like she has the look like the Meghan bane Bain type look of like I could see her being being on TV and like like I said, like.
Speaker 1: Oh the year Jessica Rawden Rawden not rotten but yeah, okay, yeah that hair alone too. That's I feel like I've definitely seen her now now I've seen pictures. I've definitely seen her on the timeline now, so yeah, no, I could see her sign somewhere. Gotta changed that name though it's not a can't mark it that well.
Speaker 3: I watched a House of Glory Culture Clash, which was another one of probably the bigger shows this this weekend, I would say, just because I had a lot of big names like the Harty's, the Good Brothers, and then the matches I watched as well. Well, yeah, Zilla Fat and uh Brody King as well. On this show, which I didn't see but I heard it was apparently good. But I did watch Shatzi versus Charlie the former Dakota Kai. I thought it was a solid match, and definitely like Dakota.
Speaker 4: Like she's still like she was.
Speaker 3: She was good like when they released her, and she's still good now. And Shatzi definitely like probably the WrestleMania week like MVP, just like she was booked on like every single show and like wrestled.
Speaker 4: On every single show. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm pretty sure before Cardona got signed recently, like she beat him in a match for like the title of the Indie God, and I'm pretty sure she she's Uh, she's showing why she deserves that title now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I see her working hard on those indies over there. So yeah, I'm just waiting for Kai when Whenstar throwing the money at her, you know, I fel like it's gonna be happening soon, but who knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the other match of the show I watched was a Bandito versus The Amazing.
Speaker 4: Red which was a really good match.
Speaker 3: I would recommend this one, and but it was not what I expected, Like like in the end, it did end up being like you know, the crazy spots and stuff in the ring, but the whole start of this match was like the crowd brawling, like fighting in the crowd, like climbing up stuff and just like jumping at each other, which wasn't what I was expecting. But it was a lot of fun, like jumping off the stage to like the audience and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: They're just having fun out there. But it was really really solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice, Let's see I watched that's another interesting one. Oh here it is the talk about this one. See, this is probably my favorite one, the CMLL match.
Speaker 4: I talked about it in the discord. I recommended it. Blue Panther versus.
Speaker 1: Girl for good things about this match.
Speaker 3: Blue Panther is sixty five years old and Ultimate Girl I believe he's fifty four.
Speaker 4: But they are just they are moving in this match.
Speaker 3: It was just it was a fantastic match, Like just such a good time watching these guys.
Speaker 4: And I had a lot, a lot of fun with this match.
Speaker 1: Nice. Yeah, that one I want to check out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And besides that, I just watched some other random stuff. I'll I'll just count how many I watches to say, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty twenty matches I believe.
Speaker 1: So he's in all the rest of Mania stuff too. You gotta be it this weekend.
Speaker 3: So I definitely got a taste of all sorts of different stuff.
Speaker 4: Like obviously none of it.
Speaker 3: Most of them I gave, like, you know, like between like two and three point five, So not really that much to talk about in terms of like you know, notes about it, but it was it was enjoyable just watching like.
Speaker 4: A bunch of random stuff.
Speaker 3: I would watch something and see you clipped something else and just not even added to my list. Just watch something else on my list. Then it was it was interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, nice. We all gotta do one time to go down there. That's always a fun thing, like live doing all that stuff.
Speaker 4: I was considering it this year so I almost no, no, like.
Speaker 1: I saw it. Yeah, no, that's true, Vegue, it's not too far. But have they announced for forty four or.
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: They usually announced like like the year before the one happened. So alas sometime this year it's announced.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll let David go because they have you gotta do some kid and get them all ready for school and whatnot. So we're gonna drop David and bring in a different D's for David. Have a good weekend. We'll talk to them discord and talk to you soon. All right, good week. Yeah, see guys, Dylan, I can see in the green room you in turn your camera unless you have no camera, then you can give me the pride chat or he's not there, he is. I saw, I saw you there, sir. So yeah, we had to lose day because you go put his kids a sleep because he's on that that est time zone. But uh, Dyl, how's how's the trip back? You just got from Colonia Vancouver.
Speaker 3: How was that?
Speaker 6: Oh it was very chill day on the highway as much easier than when we drove back to Colonna. No, okay, no weather issues. So I made it in like three and a half hours. Just crushed it.
Speaker 1: So okay, I thought there was some weather issues because you don't know this, but I lent Dylan my classic Star Fox Adventure and I got a text day from Dylan that it's not working, So I don't know, there's some some suscer is going on here.
Speaker 6: Well, I promise it's not that I crashed my car and the disk snap in half or something. And I got back on the road. I was the first thing I gotta do, figure out if Starfox works.
Speaker 1: So he's gonna give it back.
Speaker 6: Oh sorry, it was extremely dusty. The first time I put it in. I didn't even look. I was like, oh, this must be clean enough. And then it was extremely dusty. So that's why I didn't work the first time. And then I cleaned it, tried it like three or four different ways. It got like further into the game, like I could make my account, I could make a save that's crazy, and eventually would just crash at some point.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, no it's not. It's nothing on you. This is a personal costation before this.
Speaker 6: But I think it's a GameCube disc in a ziploc bag in an N sixty four case.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 6: So I don't know if this thing is super well taken care of.
Speaker 1: Draft it's fair, it's fair. I kind of forgot about because I found I couldn't find the case, but that I found the GameCube and it was it was still in the GameCube. My GameCube.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's crazy.
Speaker 1: So that was the problem. So I'll try my mind. If it doesn't work, that's a game I will rebuy. But how that happens. I was in Vancouver, and I mean don't place against but we also went to his first wrestling event. We went to AW Dynasty. Don't have to ask you because I didn't want to scare you. And this was something that we talked about in the gimmick. So AW is known for these big events for us, as hardcore rest events we sometimes go, you know what, I think these shows are a bit too long. Did you did you feel? Honestly, you were there in person, so it's different, but how did you feel, like length wise when you saw the show, and I guess I'll say, did you enjoy your time? If if you don't know, Dylan's on geek Vers with me every week, I'm sure they do know. But if not, you know, Dylan's for some show joined me. It was a great time from my point view, but for Dylan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I mean I've never even like watched even a televised thing start to finish. Travis showed me some matches.
Speaker 1: Over the years.
Speaker 6: We'd obviously do a lot of GMO WW like two K the games and stuff, mixing them in, but I'm really a rookie when it comes to all this stuff. No, I mean the length of it. I mean, I guess it probably helps that we mostly skipped the zero hour part of it. You were like, ah, we don't need to see that stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the fact that I'm not going to that, I don't want to scare them off because that would be the whole additional hour of it.
Speaker 6: Because we caught was it just the last match of the pre show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the last match we were walking into, so we saw it was.
Speaker 6: Two the women's one. Yeah, So I think that helped that we Yeah, kicked an hour out. I mean, I think that was one thing I was so impressed about and honestly with it was the pacing of it. Like you know, guys hobbling off the stage and they're already announcing the next people to like come in, so there's like no downtime. So even though it was pretty long for me, didn't have like if you go to a hockey game, it's like, oh, you got away for this intermission, you got away for this, yet away for that, and switching out and stuff like that. But I feel like it moved the whole time. There was no there was no intermission at all. I was asking you, like the logistics of like where do they even put ad breaks? Like on TV? I don't know how they would do that, but I guess they insert them and like add space in between or just like put them in the middle of a match or something like that. But yeah, I mean it was long for sure, and you know, by the last match to him like okay, I'm ready to get to the finale at the point. But but it it was really well paced. That's something I was really impressed by. And yeah, I had a really fun time. I mean, am I gonna start going on my own. No, but if you're in town again and there's another dynasty going on, I'll keep joining it because it's it's a fun time and obviously you're one of the best companions to have on it because you can film me on all the lore of like all these guys were best friends twenty years ago and then they battled it now they're friends again, or you know, here's the drama with this guy. This guy was in w B Left and that's why I can't use his name. And I always got this other name and all this.
Speaker 1: Stuffy telling Edge Adam, I kept call him Edge, Hope, Now who are you talking about? Like right, I've been calling him Edge for thirty years in my life, Like I'm not used to it.
Speaker 6: So yeah, no, I I had a really good time. It was It was a really fun show.
Speaker 1: Now do you remember there was two rests specifically that you said that impressed you were stood out? Do you remember who those two were?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I haven't.
Speaker 6: I mean I could not remember the names on the top of my head, so I pulled up like the Wikipedia. Yeah, but I thought you said that s Pubs and David were gonna guess which my favorite show were? What My favorite one was do you want to know that that's true?
Speaker 1: That's true?
Speaker 6: So I'd like to hear what s pub's things I thought was the best.
Speaker 1: I know what David thoughts, Like in fifth David thought that it was gonna be Derby and Andrawd and you might have been similar, but I don't know if you had another one too, like this car Yeah, Like what do you think Dylan would have been like, oh, that's something when he enjoyed the most.
Speaker 4: I think I might have said the same thing for Derby and.
Speaker 1: And Yeah, because they're two car crash wrestlers.
Speaker 6: So yeah, no, I mean that that's a good pick. I don't know if I don't know. I didn't rank them or anything like that, but that one was definitely one of the top ones. And I didn't listen to you guys episode yesterday, but I saw that the headline had Darby controversies. So can you guys fill me in and what's the controversy there? Like somewhat invested where I want to know what's happening there.
Speaker 3: I can't explain it if you want, so, basically, like because Darby won that match and that match gave him like a title shot against like MJF, and so he ended up using his title shot like he wanted it that week, like that Wednesday.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so the story was that MJF didn't know this match was happening, so he arrives at the arena and learns that he has to defend his title and then in the main event, like like Darby just like destroys them and just like beats them for the title minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's crazy. Yeah, so it's a very mixed thing. There's like people that for.
Speaker 6: The main world title.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean we're.
Speaker 6: Nuts after MJF and Kenny Omega going at it for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Some people's complaints, Yeah yeah, but technically he did also uh he he didn't cheat, but what they did is MGF low blow Derby and then when the ref wasn't looking, Darby did the same. So it was kind of like caught him. He caught mGFR off guard, like he outcarmored him in a way. So he did.
Speaker 6: There was MJF I have this for a while at this point.
Speaker 1: He said in December. Yeah, so it was, uh, it was and we thought he was keeping this till August so, but it wasn't Darby's hometown as well, Seattle. He's born there, so there's a bit of that one. To get that type of big moment.
Speaker 6: For the that was something I Yeah, it was like, obviously I don't know the history of all this stuff, and obviously with the show we went to had the Vancouver guy and they like gave the Vancouver guy Kylram there. But I was kind of surprised at like a bunch of the other Canadians who still lost. I thought they would maybe give a few more, but I guess you can't. If you do that all the time, then it becomes too obvious. I guess, yeah, like, oh, it's his hometown or it's his home country. Just to him for free pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you about what was Yeah, that was the dark controversy. It's very mixed on if he should have won the title on that fashion, But yeah, what was your what would you say it was your match of the night?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that one was very good. I I mean probably the most fun was just the casino match because I just had a ton of people. I suppose I was telling Travis that I really liked the the guy who's pretty much task Master. What's his name again?
Speaker 1: Oh, l Clone, don't.
Speaker 6: I really liked El Clone. I like that one guy who started the match, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: His champa with the beard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty happy with the win. It was fun to see like the different teams kind of coming to the match too, and yeah, like I don't obviously don't have the whole backstory, but the wind seemed like a really cool, big, like historic one for Kevin Knight there, so yeah, based on what you told me at least, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a big like next step sort of guy thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the final match was obviously great like that, you know, I feel like they probably well, I don't know when when A Darby and MJ have faced off. Was that the final match of the night. I assume it would be, right because only normally put.
Speaker 1: The world yeah it once? Yeah yeah quick, yeah, so.
Speaker 6: I could see that would be disappointing, but at least for us, Like I feel like, you know, the last one was kind of the best or the one that had the most effort put into it, I guess, yeah, early on the two on two, like with the Japanese guys, I really like that. I loved Ocada. I was a big fan of Okada.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the two guys, that's what I supposed, the two guys.
Speaker 4: He's really guess who like has Chaa said?
Speaker 3: Like you like someone that like, maybe you wouldn't guess, but it was the top guy.
Speaker 4: I don't think either of us guests oca.
Speaker 1: And the other one Dylan mentioned was funny because he said Dawn, but then it was really it was John Moxley as well, because Dylan John mox and the rest community is like he has a very love hate type of fan base, like there's people that really love his soyn and lots of people like I can't say it, but I don't think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I think I was rooting for will Osprey that match, but I thought that was a really good one between the two of them, and it was fun too because then I forget it was the match before the one after, but then it was a tag team that had like his team with him or not with him, but it was what is the name of their team, like the Darth death Rider.
Speaker 1: Well, the death Riders. Yeah, they were on the Casino Gauntlet match and everything.
Speaker 6: Right, So I felt like I had a lot of context for what was going on there too, because I had kind of seen up most of the rosters that was added some like stakes to it or some world building, I.
Speaker 1: Guess, and they all came out below us. I was so mad. I was supposed to the camera moved every time, but I haven't watched Kenny and MGF back. I have to. I think there's a time where we're pretty close there or we're on there, so I still gonna find I got to rewatch the keeper be at some point, but uh yeah no.
Speaker 6: And then I mean the other two on two with with edge, that was a good one. I'm looking it up here.
Speaker 1: Was there anything that stunk the joint? Was there anything you're like, you know, other than the obviously the six men of the guy got hurt and that was kind of which is great though, because before me and Dinner were having u I, me and Me and dinner were having Dylan, Me and Dyan were having dinner. He was taught we were I was telling him like how sometimes rest was like called in the ring or what can happen? And I was telling him like, oh, they might have to pit on that. And that was a situation where it was a great example because we talked about it and literally this guy gets hurt three minutes of the match, and they just had to like on the swerve, Like they're talking the raft, they're talking to doctors trying to figure it. So it's like it's not great to see on that guy. They just said, I think they're still waiting for like scale. I think they probably scanned it, and I think it's probably gonna be a situation where they're going to decide is it a surgery injury or like a healing injury. But he did he was supposed to wrestle is it this weekend? I was supposed to know the new Japan He got pulled from another show, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was supposed to wrestle someone else and they already replaced him, like.
Speaker 1: Suji, right, he's wrestling. Yeah, yeah, so he did get pulled from another show, so not so probably like a four to six month minimum, So that sucked. It was like good from like a point of view of like you seeing like what can happen on live TV when I was like.
Speaker 3: Things on TV like a lot of that is hidden, like they'll try not to show it on camera, focus on what's going on, unless like if they decide to like call the match off, like throw up the exit.
Speaker 1: Like that that's real. That means done okay.
Speaker 3: And then if that happens, then they'll usually show like the person being taken away to like acknowledge it's injured. But if they decided to keep it going, they usually try and keep it off, Cameron.
Speaker 4: Sometimes that's how you can tell if it's.
Speaker 3: Like they're just like if someone lands weird, and then they're focusing on the other wrestler, like it's kind of doing nothing for a while, it probably means that out of you the camera, like the doctors are talking to the guy.
Speaker 6: Yeahh I mean, even outside of that injury, which obviously threw the whole thing off, match was very confusing for me. I could barely tell who was on whose team, Like a couple of guys have like matching shorts, but I was like the guy, the lazy guy with the jeans. I'm like, I don't know who he's on.
Speaker 5: The team with.
Speaker 6: And I think that one I was disappointed with too, because you set that guy up is like he's lazy. He put the hands, Yeah, I feel like he was doing that. He was not lazy, and I wanted him to be lazier.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 6: I was a bit disappointed in that guy, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, you've seen what American summer. I prepped him because I feel like he is like usually like a newbie person watching wrestling, He's like, oh, I love Orange Cassie. And he didn't do any that sticks up. I do wonder if it's because the match happened. They did, but he didn't even get to do the hands spot. I was like, oh, when you see and he didn't even come up to the music because usually he comes up to Jane by Starship, so like he has this whole vibe with them and everything. And yeah, I was like, oh, no, I've sold doing a Bill Goods on this one with Orange Cassidy. But hey, Entrance, Yeah it worked. It was It was crazive enough. It could have been some better jokes, but you know, it got the job done. Something funny.
Speaker 3: So Travis was sending in the disc or like you know, sending scoops, like oh, they're sending something up on stage, like.
Speaker 1: Especially because it's a it's a big trope and wrestling dealing that in the main event. If after the win, if there's a big person to come back usually do it. Then So when MGF had won. I saw on the stage they were sending stuff up, so I hit them. I'm like, oh, I think someone's coming out, But then it was just his chair that he could sit in.
Speaker 4: Chair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like, oh, someone's coming out, like they're setting something up, and it's like, oh no, it's just a chair. Okay, my bad. So that's where being a life can also throw you off, because you see stuff and you think, oh, this is something. It's really not. It's just setting up the next prop for the next thing, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some examples like I remember whole like on the raw that started this year, like some people in the crowd knew that like like it.
Speaker 4: Was bron Breaker.
Speaker 3: Well like some people didn't, like knew he was losing because some another title had changed hands earlier in the night and they had put like Pyro on stage before the match was over.
Speaker 4: Match there was no Piro, that's true.
Speaker 1: I did even think about Pyro when they rolled that out there, to like, oh yeah for the winner, So okay, that's good.
Speaker 6: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I think other than I was kind of disapointing the women's match, especially because there was only like one on the roster for the night, So that was a bit of a bum. I thought like the doubles one was better in like the Zero Hour, but even that was like just the one team absolutely destroying the other one, like it was very balanced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing we complain about one and more. They wrestling goes in ebbs and flows. Sometimes there's like all about women's wrestling, and then one times ago we got one match.
Speaker 6: So I liked the Spider and s Bub's traps was telling me that you interviewed her, which is which is pretty cool. But yeah, I just felt like the match itself was like it was just Jamie just getting wrecked for like fifteen minutes. Like there there wasn't really like a back and forth. I didn't feel like there was any tension to it. And yeah, I feel like Jamie didn't really do anything. She was just kind of just getting hit. So that was a little this pointing for.
Speaker 1: Me, that's fair. Yeah, yeah, well anything else dolling to say on your first uh venture here?
Speaker 6: I liked Ricochet. I thought he had fun moves. Yeah, the very very mobile guy.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 6: And uh no, I think that was pretty much all my all my thoughts. Yeah, I mean the final match was really great. I love that they got like the table set up like that was a good like foreshadow, because they didn't it kind of came into a play, but then it was like set up for the very end, good to high jinks in that match. So overall that was a that was a really great one as well, especially because you hyped up Kenny so much, like uh in our like in our dinner beforehand.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I really wanted him to win, and he seemed like he had it, but then uh, that match just went on and on and on and he couldn't.
Speaker 1: Get Yeah, it did go for a bit, but you know, next time you have to call a gv one. Now you had some more experience too, seeing the commentators, but still you got some wrestling experience there, so absolutely, But well, thank you very much Dylan for popping on here, Tom, because I know we want to hear about it. But yeah, thank you, thank you to David, Thank you, Yes, pub As always, we'll be back whenever with the gimmick. Look out for social media feeds and it will not be boring.
Speaker 3: Bye.