Speaker 1: Everybody. Welcome to Games Mornings with Me Jeff Grub, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about price increases for old consoles because everything is broken. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jason Binelli on the show. Jason, how are you doing? Doing great? It's a Friday. Uh been on this been on this channel a lot this week, helping you guys out. So I thought I'd balanced my ugly mug with some cuteness to get us started.
Speaker 2: Uh. They say hello to Cooper. He was just outside parking at somebody. So I hated to bring him in real fast figured out let him say hello, Hello, Wow, all right Cooper, but no, we're Cooper loves you, good Cooper chat loves you, and uh and Kitty in your background too, over your shoulder. There she's doing her things, going to the dogs on a Friday. Yeah, we're having we're having a good time, telling her about uh video games and getting ready to uh close out the week. No, I am not the new Mike. Mike is still travel Does he get home? Okay? Is he? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what, it's my new thing that he likes that, I say, who cares or whatever. No, I'm pretty sure you got home just fine. He should be on later today, I think so. If he has a little bit of time, he might drop by for upf But like I said before, if he wants to relax, take it easy today, we'll also let him do that. Yeah, we're gonna get back with the whole crew next week, everybody. But it's been great having Jason on so much stuff. So thank you, thank you for hanging out. I appreciate it. As it says below here on the ticker, the Prince of Philip Buildia. Yeah, PHILLIPILDI own Philip building his own again. Glad, glad, you can do the show. Yeah, it's uh, it's gonna be a we're gonna take it easy this week. It's gonna be good, wrap up, wrap up the week with the kind of just some conversations. There's plenty to talk about. But also it's it's been a long week, so let's just you and I hang out, have some fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that idea. Get ease into the weekend, and it's going to be a crazy weekend for me, not crazy in that I have a lot going on crazy in that It's EVO Baby. Happy EVO to you and yours to those that celebrate Evolution Championship Series Day one, kicking off in about an hour and forty five minutes from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Ten streams three days of fisticuffs and I am all about it. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, let's do it now. So what should people look for from EVO this weekend? I know you have some hot tips that people could find on some stuff you've written up. If you want to point people in that direction, let's do that. Like where should people go? What should they be looking for?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if you go to GameSpot dot com, right in the top ten articles on the homepage, right there, you will see EVO twenty twenty five, how to watch every tournament, every announcement at every exhibition that they We'll be having throughout the weekend. Thirteen thousand unique entries across sixteen different games will be descending on Las Vegas this week. Eight are in the main EVO lineup that they been doing for years. This year, they've started a new extended lineup with games that are a little more legacy or or maybe have been replaced in the main lineup by the company that makes them. So. In your arena lineup, you have Street Fighter six, which has forty two hundred and twenty eight entries, Tech and eight at twenty five twenty one, Fatal Fury, City of the Wolves making its EVO debut at fifteen seventy six. Strong number there, Guilty Gear Strive fifteen oh eight, Grand Blue, Fantasy Versus Rising at nine thirty six. The classic game this year is Marvel versus Capcom two at five hundred and seventy entrance Saturday Night Finals for Marvel two. That's gonna be fun. That'll be under night stream at that point. I'm under Night under Night, m Birth two cis Celess at five forty seven that word salad, good Lord, and then Mortal Kombat one rounds things out at three seventy seven. That's the main arena lineup. They will be featured on the main streams and I'll get into that schedule in a second. And then your extended lineup is Rivals of eight or two at three fifty eight, Blaze Brew Central Fiction at two forty seven, Capcom versus S and K two. This is true Love we're making at two thirty six, Vertu Fighter five Revo to twelve, King of Fighters fifteen one sixty nine, Samurai Show Down one fifty five, Guilty Gear Zird Rev two, Word Salad again at one thirty four, and the Very Underrated in twenty twenty five at least Killer Instinct from the twenty thirteen reboot. Uh is one hundred and eighteen entrants. All of these will be streamed. I believe almost every match will be streamed somewhere, maybe not in the ten official Evo channels, which I'll get into, like I said in a second, but there will be plenty of fighting games to watch. So if you're looking for news, right, if you're looking for news and updates on the games, you should be focusing today on the main Evo channel, EVO. It's just called EVO. Now, I do want to say there isn't a channel called Evo and a channel called Evo one. There are two different channels. This is just EVO with no number. Today is going to be be their showcase, so panels discussions potential news things like that. They go from ten AMPT to the last schedule thing is eight thirty PMPT, So all day long. They have panels and things like that Virtual Fighter Developer panel at three pm Eastern twelve PM's Pacific time. If you're looking forward to that Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection panel right afterwards at twelve thirty pm Pacific time, you may have already seen the news that Mortal Kombat Trilogy is being added to that Legacy collection. Plus pre orders went live today for the regular and Collector's editions and stuff like that, So if you're into that, go check that out there. Side Games, if you like Grand Blue, that'll be at two pm Eastern. SNK hits the stage at four pm I'm sorry, two pm Pacific. Snk hits the stage at four pm Pacific Invisible Invincible Versus which I'm very personally excited for five PMCI for an hour and a half, they have the stage which is pretty wild, and then the as far as panels go for me, Marvel Tocon Fighting Soul's panel at eight pm Pacific time eleven Eastern. That is the highlight of the day. So that is all of the news you can expect on that main EVO channel the rest of the weekend. That Maine ev channel will also be wall the top eights play out. So Saturday it's Mortal Kombat Undernight, Marvel and Grand Blue, and then Sunday it's Guilty Year, Fatal Fury, Tech and Eight and street Fighter, And in between those tournaments they mix in the announcements. They've said Invincible Verses will be featured at these, Marvel TOCN will be featured at these two x KO should make it appearance. I believe it's it's gonna be a bonanza, yeah, of fighting game stuff. It's just gonna be wild. And then every one of the channels, the subsequent channels will have specific games like, for example, if you just want to watch street Fighter, ev O two has nothing but street Fighter Friday and Saturday, and it doesn't do anything because it doesn't need to. On Sunday, if it's Tech and eight you want to watch, that's EVO three, and then EVO four, five, six, and seven will be mixing things up depending on what's going on. And then they do have two dedicated channels just to the extended lineup, Virtual Fighter, Arrivals of a third Guilty Gear on Friday, Oh sorry, on EVO Extended one, and then EVO Extended too will be cap con Versus SNK two, King of Fighters fifteen and Blaze Blue and a little bit of Killer Instinct as well. That that schedule is extensive. The whole thing is on the game spot article that I wrote. If you want to look for a specific game, that's where you go. It's going to be fighting, fighting, fighting, and it's and I have always said that if you want to know what competitive gaming is like, if you're not familiar with it, the fighting game community is the purest way for a casual for a casual video game fan, for a casual fighting game fan, or for someone who doesn't play video games to experience competitive gaming, because I think it is the easiest for a layman, someone who doesn't know, to get all the information they need translated to them, translated to them as soon as possible. And if you don't believe me, take a still screenshot from Tech and eight or Street Fighter six from a broadcast of that game and put it next to a still screenshot from a broadcast of League of Legends. No disrespect to League of Legends, I would agree with this. Yeah, yeah, the amount of information on the screen is absurd, And even like Overwatch or Call of Duty, if you're motion sick, you have no chance you can't watch that. So I think if FGC is indeed the greatest depiction of competitive gaming, as the chat says, it just is. It has that like ufcwwe sort of feel, especially when someone's popping off, if you need a highlight from last year to give you the full, uh, the full idea, go watch Street Fighter three Third Strike with heyau.
Speaker 1: Go watch moment. Just google moment thirty eight. Yeah, EVO moment eight.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. That's oh man, that shit was awesome. That's but yeah. Yeah. But and if you're out there, if you're going to EVO, there's a full convention surrounding it. You'll be able to play Token, You'll be able to play Invincible Verses, You'll be able to play Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection two x KO is there again. There's there's meet and greets. One of my favorite fighting game artists of all time, Shinkiro, who did all the capcom and S and k Art, he made this wonder He made this wonderful poster of the EVO thirty seven Parry where it's Ken Parry and and my interrior in the background. The crossover characters Terry and Maida Street Fighter, Ken and Chunley to fail Fury. It's wonderful stuff. No, we know it's more than thirty seven. The parry Is Moment thirty seven is the one from last year.
Speaker 1: We're talking about moment thirty eight. Yeah, it's a different thing.
Speaker 2: Don't you. Don't you fact check me chat at least not yet. Let's let's wait toward the stuff. I don't know what I'm talking about this week. Check me yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Moment thirty seven, Moment thirty eight are different.
Speaker 2: And the moment.
Speaker 1: The moment thirty eight lived up to such hype that everyone said, you know your moment thirty eight, now, like that's that's how good it was.
Speaker 2: It's heyau is awesome. But yeah, if if you have any passing interest in fighting games at all, this is this is the super Bowl. This is the the fighting game super Bowl for all of these games and the news that surrounds it. Honestly, fighting games are a pretty good spot. I have three storylines that I think are important this year. One is the declining attendance. I do want to bring up Marino had a the decline in attendance, I should say Marino, the veritable Marino who is out there. I did see that he picked up his badge wearing a wearing a Sir Daniel Fortescue from PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale T shirt. What a guy he had posted? Where is that I'd meant to have ready and that I didn't?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Yes, So if you look at the numbers in the games that were in last year's EVO and this year's EVO, there is a trend down. I mentioned Street Fighter had forty two eighty eight last year, it was fifty two to sixty five. That's a twenty percent drop. Guilty Gear was a twenty six percent drop. Grand Blue thirty two word Salid Undernight is thirty percent, Mortal Kombat one is forty six percent. King of Fighters is fifty four percent, and Tech in which I skipped on purpose forty five percent. Down right, there is a definite reason for this. A couple of laces, right, Yeah, Yeah, Well, I mean the main one I come I think if you look at the picture as a whole is the political climate we live in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hard to travel to the United States right now? Are justified traveling here? For sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It just is? And I wonder how I don't think it's going to affect the viewing experience, but I am genuinely curious how it's going to affect the competition itself. Yeah, the second storyline kind of builds off of that, and that's Tech and eight specifically. That drop is considerable, but that particular game, I think is just as much because of how mad people are at the state of that game at the moment. Ever since season two launched, it has just been fumble after fumble and they just can't dig out of it. I'm hoping they can do it soon. I'm hoping it has a good showing here and starts to get them good graces back because I love teching. I like teching a a lot. It's just not in a very good spot right now. All they have to do is put the waffle house, the waffle House stage in.
Speaker 1: There and all the problems. Yep, it's all good from there.
Speaker 2: Call it pancake punch. That's it. Put it in there. But I think that's second one and the third one is more for the convention as a whole, and that's the burgeoning tag Fighter scene two XKO.
Speaker 1: It feels like the next year's lineup is going to look very different. Than this year's lineup, right, because a lot of those games are going to come out and kind of dominate this space, I think very quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I agree with that to the point where I think maybe they're putting the extended lineup in this year just to have it for next year, right, Yeah, because a lot of these games still are still the current game, so they're going to bleed into that. But the burgeoning tag scene, specifically, Marvel took on two XKO Invincible Versus two x KO, like I said, had a two your lead, a two year head start, and it's and it evaporated in a week span with Marvel Token and that stay to play and Invincible Versus four days later at Xbox. It's that is an interesting scene all of a sudden, three games that offer completely different things. One's more of a traditional tag and Invincible Versus two XKO does some interesting things with their like link system. And now Marvel TOCN based on that video yesterday is completely wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I am very curious to see what opinions are coming out of EVO based on those three games. So that's it.
Speaker 1: That's EVO, baby, Make sure you watch them Fighting games.
Speaker 2: Ready, Welcome to Evo mess Mornings all of a sudden and we'll take it from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really really looking forward to it. You got me more hype than I was before. And I had such a good time watching last year. It was that that Hayo moment really has stuck with me. But there was so much cool stuff from last year, So looking forward to watching again. And I think it's interesting year because everything is kind of like in a weird space with some of these games, especially something like a tech n and it's like, I bet there's gonna be something. We come out here and be like, you know what, Everything's just fine and look at all these games that are coming down the pike. So yeah, playing games in a cool and interesting and worthwhile place to pay attention to glay we were able.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 1: Let's explain ourselves or Giant Bomb. Go to GiantBomb dot com. Slash joined to help us out become a premium member. That money all goes towards supporting what we do here and ensuring that we can do more cool stuff. It also gets you add free versions of our shows, gets you some special goodies, or we're getting to work on a lot of that stuff and really, we're getting to work on a lot of the cool stuff as well. That is the I think the primarieson to support us is we got some interesting stuff that people love to watch, and if you love it, support us. We appreciate everybody as far as this show goes. Most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting for all these topics, I'll get the put a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on Twitch welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Games Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube. Those chapters and timestamps might be a little sketch you this week since Shawn's out everybody, but we'll do our best. All right. We have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with Nintendo increasing price of Switch and other products in the US. This is from Eddie McCoo, a game spot. Okay, let's just get into it. Nintendo has announced that it's raising the price of the original switch and other Nintendo products in the United States. Switch to pricing, however, will remain unchanged at least for now. Beginning August third, the price of the switch will go up based on market conditions, and that's in quote the regular switch, switch, O, led switch light, and Select, and that's in quotes as well. Accessories will get unspecified pricing increases. That's right, the price is going up, and Nintendo is not telling us by how much. They're just warning us that on August third, the price is going to go up. So if you have been meaning to buy a switch light or whatever for some reason this week, I guess they've created a sense of urgency and now with the time to go, do that. Look, Jason, I get the reality of market conditions, and the tariffs really are still there. It feels like we've moved past them. He like, just today Trump was putting a thirty five percent tariff on Canada. There's more being placed on Brazil. But like, don't forget that there are still tariffs on China, Vietnam, Taiwan, these places all have their own significant tariffs that are more than just like ten percent, which also already would have been too much and would probably force these companies to increase prices. They're at like twenty five to thirty percent for these tariffs. So that stuff is still there. But the switch one could just kind of fizzle out, like Nintendo, just let it like not make as much. I struggle to see, like how they aren't making a profit on that thing still because they it's an old it's old hardware. At the price on manufacturing has to have come down now, I say that, And the reality is we know that there's been a lot of issues with manufacturing and sourcing parts and it becomes more difficult every year seemingly, and so that and combine that with the tariffs. Maybe not, maybe they do feel like they need to raise the price, but it still why not just take the hit, let the switch one sort of move into the bush like Homer Simpson, and let the switch to take the spotlight. This is insane to me that we're raising the price of a switch one after the switch too is out.
Speaker 2: It's it is insane to me, But I do sort of see a small strain of logic to it, sure, and that that being if you are going to raise a price to recoup costs you are going, and it makes sense to reduce the current stock of the previous generation because A either you get the extra for those sales, or B they just say, well, for one hundred dollars more, I can just get the switch to and be caught up, and then you may push people to the switch to that way, right, I don't like it. I don't know if you saw the target does have the new prices up. Switch lights are now two twenty nine, up from two twenty nine, up from one to ninety nine. Non o leads are three thirty nine, up from two ninety nine, and switch O leads are four hundred up from three point fifty. So I could definitely see a parent being like, wait, the old one's four hundred, the new one's five hundred. I can make I can do the under extra hundred bucks and then four to fifty if they don't untle game in with it, if that's a good point and just say, oh, I'll just I'll do the upgrade and now we're switch to owners and that'll be that. I'm also and I said this in uh I think one of the one of my group chats, never underestimate the ignorance of your fellow man or the capability for ignorance in your fellow man. And some parent is gonna miss the big two. They're gonna be set in for a switch to and they're gonna see this one and see that price and that it's not gonna be much different, and they're gonna be like, oh, this is what they want. Yeah, they're gonna get the first.
Speaker 1: You can't be banking on that, right, That can't be the strategy. That can't be the kind of thing where it's like we are gonna be sneaky and try to make a little bit more money by fooling people. I mean, I do think that will be a byproduct of this. I also think of by product this is the medium popcorn effect of oh this is only one hundred dollars more. Now let's go over the switch too. Definitely, But I think they can't be like using those as primary strategies for selling the switch too, because it just looks really odd. It speaks volumes, right, this is screaming to us get used to this kind of thing. The switch two's price is probably going to go up, Like, honestly, you should be feeling anxious about if you haven't got a Switch To. Yet then this is Nintendo talking now. You should be feeling anxious because we're going to raise the price at any minute. And they said that they reserve the right to do that, so that like basically they are doing everything except for confirming there will be a switch to price increase at some point. So you know, there was a time where this was the exact opposite or what happened, where we would get price decreases when the new console came out, and to live in this very very opposite world, it's like, Okay, this whole system feels broken. Obviously, the market effects are real and and and the reality is this is us just kind of catching up, like we're like I'm a gas at this or whatever. But the price went up in Canada I think for the Switch one a few months ago, right, and now we're just getting the price increase here like they spared us for.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but still it is a weird timing, you know at certain points, oh well, they didn't get the price increased for the Switch one done by the time to Switch two launched. Obviously, the move here now is just kind of leave everything alone, move on and focus on the switch too. And they're not even doing that, So I kind it's hard to read this in any other way other than Nintendo screaming to everybody that we are going to take every opportunity we have to increase the price because you know, if the tariffs go away. I suppose maybe the switch one. I was going to say, oh, you know, the switch one won't go back down in price, But again, who knows, maybe they would bring it back down because it's the switch one. Who cares. They're not going to sell it to one more of those now they are going to sell some more of those, and they have to manufacture them. And Nintendo's very conservative and wants to cover their costs if it comes from a place like that. I guess I get it, but I really still don't because it just looks so strange. Do you think, like, Okay, Nintendo's doing this, and Nintendo's try to trail or has successfully like charged eighty dollars for one of its games. They have this new console that is is relatively expensive for what people thought it would cost. A lot of people thought it would cost a little bit less than that four fifty four hundred. The other companies around Nintendo seem to keep taking like, Okay, Nintendo's doing it, so maybe we can get away with it. Do you think this leads back to even more price increases from Xbox and Sony or did they already get thirs in and this is Nintendo catching up?
Speaker 2: I think I think the ladder. I think Nintendo is just kind of I think Nintendo sat back was a little bit patient and is now trying to pull every lever they can other than the switch to one before they are forced to pull the switch to one. I don't I mean, maybe you see a series s increase, perhaps, Yeah, because that is that there is some room to move there. As much as I don't want to say that, but if anything's gonna go up, I think it's going to be that. I don't. I don't know that that the Microsoft and Sony really have a lot of room to follow suit, right, And and that's from a financial standpoint and from a good will standpoint. Right Xbox, in prontarticular, if they come out with a price increase for their consoles, they basically just say we prefer them to sell on the shelf, then be in your house, because that's what they're going to do. I would be absolutely aghast if either of those companies announced an increase in America. But then again, we are do we do live in bizarro world? Now?
Speaker 1: Everything is weird.
Speaker 2: Everybody who Every decision that's ever been made in the last like who, however long has been the opposite of what it should have been or I thought it would be, So who the hell knows?
Speaker 1: Jeff Right, I'm trying to like remember it. I think the timeline for Sony is they raised the price of the PlayStation five everywhere except for the United States, or did we eventually get one in the United because I think.
Speaker 2: You could say, I don't think we ever did. I don't think. I think it's still for I think are the prices right?
Speaker 1: But they raised it everywhere else, so it's like we've all been kind of like, don't touch it because it might fall apart, And then what falls out is price increases. And I think that this might convince Sony to move on that, but there's also been some backlash. The eighty dollars price hasn't seemed to work for anything else other than Mario Kart, so maybe everyone's like Nintendo can touch the hot stove, maybe we can't get away with it. As much. I think Sony feels like it probably would be able to get away with it. But the PlayStation fives at a weird point in its life cycle where people are looking at it be like, oh, all the games are from Microsoft, and well, you know, why do I buy this system, Sony? I want your games, And so I think they might wait until they have a few more things out there coming out in the next couple of years, but even then it's like, what are we talking about. They're waiting to increase the price. This to me speaks to the somewhat rotten foundation of console gaming as a whole right now, where these companies the strategy is get more money from the same people. They don't necessarily think about growing their their market share and not versus you know, not when I'm not talking about market share versus like Sony, micros Oft and Nintendo, but their market share versus like TikTok and other things that take people's leisure time. So now does Nintendo feel that way? They grew a lot with the Switch one. I bet they have like a relatively good understanding that the Switch too is going to do maybe as good as the Switch one or slightly worse. Like, it'll be very difficult for them to do better than the Switch one, so for them to increase profits this generation, price increases is kind of the thing they got to rely on. So again, I think this goes back to them understanding that the console generation or the console market not growing with bringing in a lot of new young people, and then Nintendo using the switch one as a way of getting us used to the idea of even more price increases than we have become accustomed to. And it's just a bummer all around, very strange. Now Nintendo's had some earnings reports it's doing very well. The switch to has sold five point eight two million units worldwide. That's from my Nintendo news and then to Know has confirmed this morning that the recently released Nintendo switched To has sold five point eight two million units worldwide since the console launched on the fifth of June. This sales figure counts hardware sales up to June thirtieth, twenty twenty five, so no doubt has now sold a fair few more units since I think Nintendo confirmed, like it's more than six million now if you go up to like today's sales something like that. But yeah, five point six three million or uh, yes, I'm sorry, that's for Mario Kart. Five point five point eight two million for Switch to and then Mario Kart has sold five point six three million, almost a one to one attach rate.
Speaker 2: That's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: I would love I would love to know the split of bundles versus non bundles and why someone would buy a non bundle unless they had to.
Speaker 1: Right, you can't find if you can't find it. Yes, I think that's going to be the only reason most people did, because it seems like everyone just like says, yeah, I should have that game, and it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, I think to the one thing to take from this is and I said this the last time we talked about Switch sales figures. The fact that the stock this amount of stock was available for them to reach these heights so soon is commendable Like that's they clearly were ready with all the rumors in time that we had between you know, when we thought it was coming, when it actually came, they were just probably stockpiling consoles, and I think it paid off for them, clearly. I would love all of the people who have bought the Switch and don't own Marricart to buy it just because I want to see a one to one attach rate and go like that. But yeah, I mean, what else can you say? That's the the early strategy is paid off. Now it's time for the long term strategy to show its hand here and let us know when things are coming out and what you're going to do to support these near these now six million plus people who bought in on day one month, one month, two, what's next? How are you going to keep us? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yep, And on that point has been rated for switch to one of the games coming up for that system. This is from Liam Dulan at Nintendo Life. Masahiro Sakarai Sean made me say that that that way everybody. By the way, mas Hero's latest project, Kirby aer Riders sores on Tonindudo switch to at some point later this year. While we haven't heard all that much about it since the initial announcement in April, the game has reportedly been rated in Saudi Arabia, recently receiving an AGE rating in the location of seven and above. Whatever details don't matter here really what matters is the game, people speculated I think based on this news looking at other Saudi Arabia Arabia Ratings that they only rate games once they're completed, once they've completed development. That's probably actually true. I think that's probably true. I think I think that's that tends to be how it works, where these ratiing ratings agencies are like, you got to send us some material, but the game has to be ready to go, so no changes can sneak in underneath us. But maybe that's not how it works either way. I think we can assume this game is probably pretty close to going, and when it gets rated like this, okay, that means it can come any minute now.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: At the same time, this is Nintendo, Jason, they do the thing of holding onto games for longer than you would expect. I don't necessarily think that's gonna happen here. This game is coming. We still haven't got a date, though, So do you think this is one of those ones where it's like, Okay, we just had that partner direct and now we are expecting a September direct although they haven't said anything about that. But it usually happens. I think it's always happened for like the last ten years or something like that. But whatever, we can expect one. So do you think this is another one of these game date announcements that get saved for that or is this one that could pop up on Nintendo Today App anytime between now and then.
Speaker 2: Of all the games that we know that Nintendo has in first party development, I think this is the one that has the highest chance of you just wake up on a Monday morning and you're like, oh, by the way, Kirby aer Riders launching blah blah blah on Nintendo Switch to on your Nintendo Today app. It's this is the one. If they're gonna if they announced the METROI Prime four release date on Nintendo Today, they're gonna have to replace a lot of phones from people going holy sit and throwing.
Speaker 1: It across the room.
Speaker 2: So you do it on Kirby air Riders, you go all right, sure, that's fine, and then you move on to the next announcement. But yes, I do also think that the routine September direct usually sometimes as early as the Wednesday after Labor Day. Sometimes it goes a little later into September. The latest the latest ever been was the twenty first of September. It was supposed to be the fourteenth, and then that earthquake happened, so they delayed it a week. So I yeah, I wholeheartedly expect there to be a direct and for this game to be there in some capacity, but I also would not be surprised if we know the release date for it before that direct happens, and sometime in August, Nintendo's like, oh, by the way, we're still awaken. This is when this game's coming out. Thanks you'all.
Speaker 1: We're it's August now, Like July does feel like a time where okay, they did do a direct in July, but that you know, we don't get a ton of news about this industry in July. Typically that's changed a little bit, but typically August we do start to hear things. They start to go like, oh, I can see the holiday season. We should be ready for that. And so I think this is like things start to shake loose this month. I'm good. I think that is probably what is going to happen with the Nintendo Today app this month, where some of these things we keep asking about do shake loose in the next couple of weeks, and then they could put everything else in the end of September direct and they can also remind us about these dates in the September Direct. So it's like, if Kirby Air Riders does get a date between now in September, that game will also probably just be in the September Direct with even more information in that at that point. So I think Nintendo will probably have some information dropping about many of these games here very soon. Agreed, All right, Here are the top ten best selling Switch games as of June twenty twenty five. Kind of another check in on just how well some of these games have sold. Mario Kart eight Deluxe is now at sixty point eight six million units, almost seventy million it's sold that that's another six hundred thousand units there, I believe or not? No, maybe that's sixty thousand excuse me, another sixty thousand thousand units in the last quarter Mario Kart, Yeah, I'm sorry. Animal Crossing New Horizons is at forty point one to nine million. Super Smash Brothers Ultimate is at thirty six point five to five million. These are just massive numbers. As a reminder, the exclusives for like an Xbox or a PlayStation console game, typically honestly, for anything that's not Spider Man is around ten, twelve million, fifteen million. That's really really, really good for a PlayStation exclusive. Spider Man gets up to like twenty million. I think some in that range. But you have several games here from Nintendo that are above twenty million, including Super Mario Party at twenty one point nineteen million. Now, one thing that I did find interesting here, Jason, is the Zelda games. So Breadth of the Wail was that thirty two point eight million last quarter and it sold another Let's see is that twenty thousand units?
Speaker 2: One hundred thousand? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, and okay, so then and then Tiers of the Kingdom was at twenty one point seventy three million units, and let's see that is it didn't again? Yep. They're growing at about the same rate, right, So it's like those games they just kind of I don't know, they're in parallel. But people have not slowed down on buying Breath of the Wild because Tiers of the Kingdom's out there. It's it's a little weird thing to see. I don't know, what do you think, hi, Gruth?
Speaker 2: And I wonder too, this is sales, not unit movements. I wonder a are they including Nintendo Switch to edition, and b how do the how do the free online expansion upgrades factor into this?
Speaker 1: Right, you're looking through these numbers and trying to see it's like, okay, what games did get like significant updates? You know, Scarlet and Violet. That that one looks like it did another what three hundred thousand? No more than that four hundred thousand? Yeah, yeah, that's like really good for that, And I think that that's probably one that was like people were legitimately waiting. That sounds like the kind of spike in sales you can expect from something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Surprisingly, I think the biggest jump in sales of all of these is Mario Kart eight Deluxe. It's six hundred thousand unit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, it was six hundred thousand, yeah, sixteen The World is Out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this game cannot be stopped.
Speaker 1: It literally just has a momentum all its ome. It is self perpetuating machine at this point. And yeah, it's it's bananas to see that it can continue to sell that well, even like even if you consider like part of that quarter was before the switch to is out, It's like, okay, so it's sold all right before that. No, that's a number that you only do if it just continues to sell. Like people probably bought a switch to and got Mario Kart wrote and bought Mario Kart eight Deluxe. They got both. It's like a very wild thing to see. Nintendo's trying to recreate that with World. I think they probably will end up doing so because despite like any like of the specific issues I might have with that game, the general audience seems pretty happy with it.
Speaker 2: So and hot dogs suit in chat. I heard that as well, even though it's not what he said. You said bananas to see, but we all heard bonanzas to say.
Speaker 1: Hey, bonanzas to see. That's all right, all right, let's take a quick break, go to our ad. When we come back, plenty more headlines will get into, including let's talk about Battlefield six. I'm feeling pretty excited about that. If you want to skip out on this, you go Giant bomb dot com, slash Join get the ad free version of the show. You didn't do that, though, So let's go to this. All right, we're back Game Best Mornings. I'm Jeff Grubb. That's Jason Finelli. All right, Jason, what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: All right? So I would like to shout out Blaine. Sheisley on Blue Sky sent tagged me and you in a post saying got a brand new Asteris TV and decided to use it to watch the news. This morning, he is watching Game Mes Mornings on a Sony Trinitron CRT. Yeah. It is gorious. I am so into that. I don't know how you did it. I reposted it. If you're on Blue Sky, go check it out. I have never looked so good on a screen in my life.
Speaker 1: That's aw.
Speaker 2: That is so cool. So Blaine, well done, mate, Oh man, I love that.
Speaker 1: All right, look at that, good man. That's it's an old trender Tron two. That's the shit. Okay, very cool, Blaine. All right, let's get back into the into the headlines here with Battlefield six is a spiritual successor to Battlefield three and four. Vince Zampella says, this is from Jordan Miller at VGCUH, but this is really just a kick off for us to talk about the previews and everything like that, but real quick. Battlefield six is set to release on October tenth, and this week, EA showed off the game's multiplayer for the first time at preview events across the world. The thing I've been hearing mostly from people is they're pretty excited about it, and it does remind them of Battlefield three and four, or it feels like, you know, the real Battlefield five is what people are saying. Now. I haven't played it, I will say, And I saw someone in chap point out that Steven till Totilla made the same point by retweeting and reposting a bunch of previews for Battlefield twenty forty two where people sounded very similar to how they sound now. Battlefield is back. It's going back to its roots. This is the Battlefield we've been waiting for, so we can get our hopes up. Still. I think that there's nothing wrong with that, and this is still the game that people have been asking for from Dice. But do you think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment or what? Is? It hard to say now.
Speaker 2: It's hard to say right now because a lot of the enthusiasm that you're hearing is from people who were in the room and potentially flown out there to do it. I don't want to say that they're compromised, but you know, they're the content creators, the YouTubers who will go out there and play this game, and you know, we're in the room being interviewed by EA on the official live stream while they're playing it. What are they going to say, No, your game sucks. Like you have to take all of those impressions with a grain of fatal It's easy to.
Speaker 1: Get caught up in the hype, right like it is like you're there. Yeah, in fashions, have all met?
Speaker 2: Have y'all met me? I am a hype machine. I think I think I got out of my chair yesterday for a mouse game that let's not let's not say that I'm immune to this, but I have read some articles and some interviews and things like that where they've talked about I think the guy from Ripple Effect said they went back and looked at three and four and really tried to enhance that experience in this new game. And I think that is the way to go, right. You go back to why did people gravitate towards those games so much and see if you can how you can translate that or improve on it. Just get five and twenty forty two out of your view and just focus on three and four. If that's what they did I think that's the right approach to take. Honestly, we won't know for sure until the open bait has happened next weekend and the weekend after, But for now, I like, I like what I'm hearing. I like the direction it sounds like they're taking. But until I am holding a controller checking it out, I cannot in good conscience say Battlefield's back, because.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, yeah, that's where I'm at too. But I can imagine that this game is in a better place than that even twenty forty two was, because it's like twenty forty two is it did feel like the Pepsi Challenge, where like people tried it and it's like, oh, this is this does taste the sweetness that I want.
Speaker 2: It's right there.
Speaker 1: They are delivering the game I want, and then it just didn't have everything behind it to sort of support that. Hopefully, it's like this is just them being like, Okay, let's go even more back to Battlefield three and four and learn from our lessons from twenty forty two. It's entirely possible that all that has happened and this is really the game that people have been waiting for so Beta starts next week. I believe people are going to get a chance to get their hands on with this thing. Hopefully I will go on hands on as well and be able to form my own opinion. But I bet a lot of people will come out of that, and you know, at the very least, we will know a lot more at that point, although it will still be easy to get caught up in the hype from a beta, I do.
Speaker 2: Want to make a point that Lexi made in chat here giant bomb dot com slash chat if you're not there yet. Also kind of weird that no one has covered the game's pretty American nationalist, wet dreamy story concept, which is, hey, there was an assassination. She didn't write that I did because I did cover it, Lexi gatesbot dot com article A. Basically, there's a major assassination that breaks up NATO, and this PMC tries to fill the void, and that's who you're fighting against in the single player campaign. The thirty second teaser was just a woman given this speech about how the allegiances you thought you had you don't have and blah blah blah, and then she quotes a little finger from Game of Thrones for some.
Speaker 1: And Jason, we're losing you a little bit. Maybe you're just like robody while like a robot cursing. Hang on, let's go Okay, let's give it a second. Let's see if it comes back. All right, yep, names Nato got him a Rascal's dad. Nato came for Jason Fidelli. Everybody, you're you're still you're still breaking up. Maybe maybe try to leaving the call coming back, you know what. Hang on, let me change the region of the call. Let me see if that'll fix it real quick. Uh, let's do this. Okay, it does sound like you're back, but let's go to US Central. Oh here, so changes. Okay, all right, I think we're back. Okay, got him, everybody, we saved him, despite the cruelty that everyone knows from Nato. Uh, Jason, Jason Finelli has survived and we got back on the show.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be all right back. I live.
Speaker 1: You did you did put Yeah, you pointed this to me yesterday that they quoted little Finger. But they say as the man says, that's.
Speaker 2: As the man says, Chaos is a ladder. And I'm like, oh my god, that's just a couple on guys. Some some of must have just watched that episode and was like, you know what, this works in our trailer, but you know whatever, Sure, let's uh, let's let's let's quote Little Finger and see what the single player campaign has to do.
Speaker 1: Honestly, going back to a nationalistic dream story scenario also sounds kind of like going back to the heyday for this genre. It's like, yeah, we want to feel like it's the James Bond thing, right. James Bond came about from the UK because the UK was once an empire and then they weren't anymore, and it and and there's presence on the world stage had diminished, and so they created a character to make it feel like we could still affect global events. America is far along that timeline as well. That's why like the Mission Impossible movies have been have been doing better and better over time, and it's why we create, Like the general audience craves games like this because they want to feel like, Okay, the military that we spend all this money on has this value that we don't even fully understand, and we need them here and to protect us from the worst case scenarios. And that's what this could look like, look what happens if NATO goes away. So I think people crave it the way they crave Tom Clancy novels, and now we crave it even more because of the position the United States has on the global stage. Rainbow six Patriots, Yeah, I mean we've got a time of still trying to make that game. Yep, all right, let's see here. I think we're sticking with Battlefield six for a second. Battlefield six will have grounded skins, not from the video game grounded. There'll have skins that are grounded in reality. They say, I don't think it needs Nicki Minaj. This is from Eddie McCoo at game Spot. In an interview with comic book producer Alexia CHRISTOFFI said much the same thing, explaining that Battlefield Studios is hoping to make Battlefield six's skins feel grounded. We want people to express themselves in to have cool skins and peacock in a way like I look pretty cool and I have great weapons skins. What we wanted to feel authentic to the franchise. That's the approach which worth thinking. I think that this is the right thing to say right now, and if this game does end up getting one hundred million players, this will be laughed at one day when it does have all of the insane skins. I think it's both are true that they want to serve this audience of people who like Battlefield and want it to feel serious, and that's fine, they should do that, but I do think it's a little incompatible with their long term plans for this game. But the reality is it doesn't have to be incompatible for the launch. They could do this and mean it for now, and if it changes one day, so be it, and people will complain about it then, But if they've been playing that whole time, it's because they really like the game, and at that point Dice will probably save themselves. We can get away with a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Now, does that mean one day SpongeBob is in the game. Probably not, But like look at like just look at like counter Strike weapon skins, right, those that like gets so wild over time they end up just like being like all tai die and stuff like that. That happen here for sure, And people are saying they don't even want that, so let's wait and see what happens. But I do I think this is the right thing to say for now? What do you think, Jason?
Speaker 2: I think so too, And I wonder if they're just saying this to cover their ass in case all the licenses are gobbled up by activision and there's no crossovers left to do. Right?
Speaker 1: Have you seen that the videos going around of Call of Duty recently of like a teenage mutant Ninja Turtle going up to a terminator and then pointing at the terminator and then Beavis comes out and kicks the terminator in the nuts, and it's like, wait, what is this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is call of duty? Okay? Now to me, I'm like, I'm like, hell, yeah, this rule is. And everyone else is like, holy shit, this is miserable. But I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So people don't want that for sure, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they want that, But I think there's a way you can thread the needle here, Right. You can give them famous skins of fictional characters or whatever, but also have them grounded in some sort of reality. I am shocked that Call of Duty or Fortnite or count Strike or whatever hasn't gone Fox and said, hey, what are you doing with Jack Bauer? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool?
Speaker 2: In one of these you know, I'm saying Reacher would be perfect or something like that. There are characters that you could license that fit into the aesthetic, But are that still kind of scratch that? Do you think it's like the Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 1: Guest character sort of thing where it's like, oh, you know what, at the end of the day, all these kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, so some of them do, right, like I I mean, Omni Man did not, and Homelander didn't make any sense to me other than the fact that they were over the violent. But then when they came into the game and they found a way to fit them into those lures. Sure they gave them their own lure within the franchise, I should say that made sense. The horror franchise Monsters didn't make any goddamn sense, but they made them work. The way that they put a ghostface into Mortal Kombat one, I still think is brilliant. And then like as somebody puts in chat you could mess with the you know, you get your realistic Jack Bauer, but then you get you know, Johnny English, the guy who played mister Beady. You have fun with that.
Speaker 1: Liam Neeson and the Naked Gun would be hysterical just him bumbling around in a game like this, so there are ways to do it.
Speaker 2: I think. I don't think people are against guest characters or guest skins. I think people are against like an internal pointing at the terminator and then Beavis kick him in the nuts in Call of Duty. I would expect that in Fortnite. I would not expect that in Call of Duty.
Speaker 1: There's a reason they keep selling it in Call of Duty, though. That audience, I still think is like they don't care. They've had their weed, the Red Sight weed skin for fifteen years now, so they're all aboard all all this stuff.
Speaker 2: I need to self correct. I forgot his name. I knew his first name is Rowan, I could not remember his last name, so I didn't say it at all. Rowan Atkinson is mister Bean's name, and I thank you for correcting me. I do appreciate that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here finally with the EA stuff. EA doesn't currently have plans to bring Battlefield six to Switch to. I think this is something like they're not going to have that ready to go at launch. Why not just take your time? Nintendo Switch two's partner showcase is just revealed. What's ahead for new hybrid platforms in the hybrid platform in terms of third party offerings, but it seems one series that won't be showing up anytime soon is EA's popular military shooter Battlefield. Eurogamer spoke to Battlefield's head Vince Sampella as part of Battlefield six is multiplayer reveal today, and it's been officially confirmed that the company doesn't currently have plans to bring the game to Nintendo's new system. The team is focused on delivering the game where the core Battlefield audience is at present. According to the same story, yeah, this is another one who's like, you definitely do this for now, and then if you have the capacity later, if it makes sense, it can come to switch to it at any point. I don't think anyone who's buying the Switch to expecting this game to be there, and there aren't a lot of Battlefield fans currently demanding it there. But that could change if the game becomes very popular and people are like, I wish I could play that on the Switch too, and then they could do it then. Although maybe it'll never be a perfect fit. I do think like we'll test things out with Madden for see how things go. And then determine whether they can find an audience for other kinds of games as they see what that does in Apex legends. So maybe it'll be a couple of years before Battlefield six shows up on switch to, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.
Speaker 2: Don't get hasty here. EA is already supporting the switch to with four games. They can't, they can't stretch themselves out any further. But no, but I I'm with you on that. Also, I'm seeing a lot in chat that, you know, maybe the switch to simply can't run Battlefield six. But I send you to yet another article that I wrote myself. I'm so sorry. I keep I keep tooting my own horn here. The PC specs were some of the news that came out from Okay, I'll bring them up right now, let's do it. Come on, and as my headline says, Battlefield PC specs revealed, and you won't need a military grade PC to run it. The recommended the minimum PC requirements are a I five processor, sixteen gigs of memory, and a twenty sixty or fifty six hundred radion or equivalent. That's not terrible.
Speaker 1: I would say that that like, for the GPU side of things, that probably sounds pretty promising. For the switch to, it will come down to the CPU. The CPU is a little PS four E inside the switch to Battlefield six is next gen only? Is that what?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because it just let's let me double check that. I guess I didn't even think that the.
Speaker 2: Next gen only. There was a whole article about how they were skipping PS four and I'm saying next gen.
Speaker 1: I know it's current gen everybody, but god, it's you know, we still have that other gin that's current as well, So it's a weird thing to talk about. Yeah, I imagine the CPU would probably be the issue because they are going to have like sixty four on sixty four battles or something like that. Is it one hundred and twenty eight players, or even if it's sixty four players total thirty two on thirty two, that might be a little difficult for the switch two's CPU with everything else going on. And if there's a lot of destruction that runs on the CPU as well, more than likely and simulating that with everything else going on, so I could see there just be an issues there. I don't think it's going to be impossible to solve though. If they wanted to get Battlefield six on switch to, I think they could, But would it be worth it. That'll be a conversation. Honestly, The answer might on a probably be no in a couple of years, even where it's like, oh, okay, the game is super popular, but it would just take too much work to get it on the switch to. That could be possible, all right, let's do this. Next one. Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection physical editions announced. This is from sal Ramano at Kamatsu. Publisher Atari and developer Digital Eclipse have announced physical editions of Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection for PlayStation five, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One consoles, switch to and PC. Mortal Kombat Trilogy has also been confirmed as playable game in the collection. You were telling me this that the Mortal Kombat Collection are mort kind Bat Trilogy. Excuse me of fan favor, right, In a lot of ways, it's a weird game. It's got a lot of quirks to it, but people love those quirks, and so this wasn't confirmed up until this point, and now it's in there and people seem to be pretty happy about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's It came out in like ninety six. It was on PS, Dreamcast and N sixty four, and it basically mashed all of the two D Mortal Kombat characters into one big game. It's wild, it's dumb, it's unbalanced, but yeah, it's fun. If you're going to make a legacy collection, you have to include it, simply for the sheer insanity. I do think they're using the PlayStation or Dreamcast addition, not the N sixty four because if you look at there was a thirty second trailer teaser that came out with the announcement, and if you look at it, it shows the character select screen for trilogy and it has the full it wasn't it wasn't dream castor and I'm sorry it was Saturn. Sorry right right right, my dream kid, thank you for the correction. But it has the full uh character select screen that the N sixty four characters were missing a row, and the one in this in this game, in this trailer was not missing it. So we're getting PS one and Saturn specifically. I don't know if that means we'll get both versions, because they do like to put the handheld versions and Superintendo versions and the arcade versions of the older games that remains to be seen. Maybe we'll get that answer on the EBO show floor. Maybe they'll have options and you can play whichever one you want. But I think it's neat. I think it's really cool that it's here and it's and we're now at the precipice not to ignore, not to like brush over this announcement, because it is cool, but now we're at the precipice of what's next, because all you really have left now is the PS two era? Is the PS two? Are you going to put the PS two era in here? Are you going to get weird and put and put Mortal Kombat? Mitch ologies, Yeah, you bet it? What do you? What are you gonna do? Like, but there's there's some weird directions you could take this legacy collection, and I'm genuinely curious where that's going to go. But like this was like the last hurdle before you got to that era, and now that this isn't it, it's sky's limit? Man, what do you got for us? I'm slowly getting more excited as the uh, as the release gets closer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's uh, it's definitely one of those things where I look at this and it's like, I hope they just kind of put everything in here. But Digital Eclipse recently has been updating Atari fifty with like expansion packs. DLC drops, Yes, it's so cool, and it's like, Okay, now we're gonna do a bunch of I think they're doing Namco games that came out on the Atari, and they have a whole dedicated thing for that. I wonder if that like might be one of plans here is Okay, make this initial package really enticing, get a lot of people in there, for sure, But what if we did Mortal Kombat spin offs as its own thing later as DLC so we can continue to support this game, or even potentially a Mortal Kombat a Legacy Collection two which then does like maybe talk about the PS two games and some of the other stuff, and it tries to get them all collected. I hope at the very least we get one or the other. Just one thing I hope here is that it doesn't end with this. I want them to just keep mining the history of Mortal Kombat and then when you get done with that, move on to the next awesome big thing after proving what you can do, because I think they've already proven to a certain extent just how cool this can be with Atari fifty and several of the other things that they've done that. But this does feel like a step up in terms of, oh, we're getting a legacy collection from this generation of stuff of Mortal Kombat games that does feel like even more current or like that's going to hit nostalgia for a lot more players, And so that is exciting, and I hope that this kind of just is a springboard for them to do this exact strategy with a ton of other franchises. Mortal Kombat is such a good first one though, in that.
Speaker 2: It really really is. And if you go back to like the Legend of Karatica, they did that too in that gold Master series that the Jeff minter Lamasoft game. They I love these little interactive museums that they're doing. It's incredible for wild stuff.
Speaker 1: All Right, that does it for the headlines. We have a poll question from yesterday. We need to wrap up. Let's go ahead and get that real quick, do we go? Let me prefer oh did I not post the poll question? Of course? Jans out and I forget to do this all right, so we'll catch you on that next week. That's how it goes. Everybody's too much other things going on, right. We did a good job yesterday of holding on to everything, but there definitely some things fall through the cracks like that. So we'll get that updated. We'll do that next week. But that means we'll get to the bomb twelve here pretty soon before we do that, though, Jason Finelli, why don't you tell people where they could find you on the internet what you have going on and all that good.
Speaker 2: Stuff at Jasonfinelli dot com, on Blue Sky, big Man Finella, everywhere else was covering the battlefield stuff. We'll be looking at EVA all week. If anything's breaking, I will post it on social and then probably get an article up on game Spot at some point MMORPG. I do moonlight there every once in a while. I do. I do owe them some articles as well. I'm still still behind on my Banansa review. I've gotta get that in. It's just been doing some other things here and there. If you follow me on social media, you'll get wrestling. You'll get your Pro wrestling Summer Slam is this weekend too. Let's not forget so Evo this weekend, Summer Slam this weekend, and I like to post cute pictures of my kids and my wife and my family, like this one here who thinks we don't see her, Absolutely do sneak it up there. I see you. But yeah, so we'll well and now she's gonna cheese the rest of the day. That's fine. So yeah, so you know that's that's wrestling, video games, nerd stuff, magic gathering once in a while and we have a good time. So Hidden Gimmick, that's right, Hidden and Gimmick up there, Hiding Gimmicks out now on Steam. There's a fifty of them, actually long series. Yeah, we could make that. We should.
Speaker 1: We should just to make a video game for Giant Bomb, another one, a second one.
Speaker 2: I mean, hidden gimmicks. Just take fruits and pictures of like different shows and hide gimmicks.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love that. But yeah, so that's what I'm doing. That's what I have going on.
Speaker 1: But this weekend it's EVO and wrestling baby hell yeah. All right, fantastic Chason, thank you so much for this whole week. It's been awesome to hang out with you and you, like, like I was saying, last night. Easy to have someone on that I can trust to like know what they're talking about. Very good time. All right, let's do the Bomb twelve everybody, I have it ready on this screen. There we go. The Bomb twelve is the event of the week where we ask you, hey, what are the games that matter to you right now? Actually, what's your game? The one game that you want to put on this list? We got some responses. Let's you know what, let's kind of do the top three because that hasn't changed much from last week. It did flip a little bit. Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three does need to pick up momentum. It's number two, while Donkey Kong Binanza remains at number one. That does mean destraating too, which still has a lot of players on this list, dropping down to number three. But man, Jason claib Scare just feels like this thing is going to turn into a moment for a lot of people, Like I remember where I was when I first played that first claib Scare game, because more and more people are playing it each week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's we talked about this last night. It's on my it's on my next list. I am did you see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna pick alphix it right now. Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okaylet to say anything. I like saying Wu Chong at number four. I was not sure if people would really cling on to that, but it's cool to see it on this list. Grounded two, which I believe hit early access earlier this week. Nice to see that there one hundred line Last Defense Academy, which is another big gaping hole in my backlog because I loved Dangan Rampa, so I think that one will be very much my shit. Tony pro Skater three and four, that's cool. That's stranding too holding on to that top spot. No, it's just just chat help me figure out what should go a number five.
Speaker 1: So what we The problem we have right now is I forgot to swap out one of the Monster Trained twos, so it's at five and seven. So I'm gonna give chat the opportunity to right now determine live what's gonna go at number five, and we'll see if we can come up with consensus really quick. So shout it out. What do you got anthem? Fortnite?
Speaker 2: We killed the game?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, you know what that is? The one. Everyone's got it all right there, because there were a lot of people in the list who were playing this, and I probably did mean to intend to get in on there. Uma masum, there you go. And then I'm gonna go callen pretty Derby because that's the subtitle that game. All right, So let's recap the whole list now. Number twelve is the one hundred line Last Defense Academy Number eleven, No Sleep for Economy Dotte from I the Sosomdium files. Yes, you freaks made it happen. I know there was a concerted effort. I know there were yes words. I know there was a concerted effort to get this on here. But there were a couple of those. And I'll tell you one thing I noticed that well I'm not gonna tell people how. I noticed that they were trying to cheat the system so they don't try to do it or try to figure a way around it. But no Sleep for Economy Dotte. That one seemed legitimate. So congratulations to you freaks for getting on here. Number ten is wheel World Number nine Tony Yuks frost Kitter three plus four dropped quite a bit, but still in the bomb twelve, so good for it grounded at number eight grind this is grounded two. This just popped off in early access. I'm gonna be interested to see if this moves up or down, Jason, because this feels like one of those games that you know, it's a survival, a crafting game. Those things when they pop off, they pop off. So really, do is this going to be one of those or is it going to be like kind of you know, middle of the road. We'll see number seven Monster Trained to number six Final Fantasy fourteen there are is this just the game that I think this might be the game some people just play because there were so much freaks there, Yes, talk about breaks. More respondents this week for this game than last week. I think Final Fantasy fourteen might be a permanent thing on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that's going anywhere. It's just it when people, people get and when it gets in the hooks it's hooks into people. It gets its hooks into people. And there are I know, many, many dozens of people who play it hours still every week just love it, love it, love it and get you know, all all sorts of pleasure out of it. That's you know, I would not be surprised to see that in like lowell moments throughout the year. As you keep doing this, bump its way up into the top three.
Speaker 1: Number five Uma Masume pretty derby. I don't know if I spilled Uma Masume correct, but whatever. Number four Wuchong Fallen Feathers. Yeah, there were quite a few respondents for that. That's awesome, you know, new game popping off. People seem to be into it. And then again number three Death Stranding to number two Clare Obscure Expedition thirty three and number one Donkey Kong Bonanza. Let's be clear the on the spreadsheet when I'm just kind of like eyeballing it, Jason, Donkey Kong Bonanza goes on for pages and pages. It is a ton of people playing that game. Seems like a smash hit based on the early still anecdotal evidence that we're collecting over here, but it definitely deserves to still be number one. I will be interested to see, like, you know, what do we have a good idea of, like what could replace it? Jason, Like what is the next big game that you think is going to be number one on the bomb twelve?
Speaker 2: I mean short term, I think it's going to be clear obscure. I think it's going to keep going. Oh I like that, okay eventually, but once once bonanza kind of you know, tapers off here. But man, that's tough. Like what Metal Delta?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Delta? Is it Delta?
Speaker 2: I think it could, yeah, because it's just you get the nostalgia people and the people who have never played a Melagyear before and people who haven't played Medal Gear Solid three. Jeff, Yeah, that they are going to play that. So that based on the previews, this little ether in the year. But that's Silent Hill out f seems really crazy. Yep, that perfectly one.
Speaker 1: I mean you know the horror game freaks will show up for that one, as well as the Silent Hill fans, which there are are legion. So yeah, that feels like one that's guaranteed to hit one when when it comes out for sure. So yeah, I think Delta probably sounds right. But who knows, we'll be surprised. That's the possibilities with the with the Bomb twelve, we never know what's going to happen. So I will put out a new call for Hey, what is your game this week? I'll probably do that on Sunday, or Monday. That's going to be on my Blue Sky. I'll try to pin that so people can find it pretty easily. But we might also put that up on giant bomb dot com. I might start writing a up a a blog post version for the Bomb twelve and people can find the details there. All right, it's exciting. I like doing this. This is a fun thing to kind of keep track of. If people are into this, let me know, and if you have any ideas for the Bomb twelve, I'd love to hear them when we want to keep making this an exciting way to end the week. One more time. Jason Fonelli, thank you so much for hanging out with me today. Man talking about video games. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I love doing it. I love talking about games. I love being on this show with you, with you, Mook's here a giant bomb. It's a lot of fun. Regular week next week, unofficial Faily week is over. Uff is done. Everybody will be back, but I am here. If you ever need me, let's talk about games with me.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, that sounds fantastic. We will do exactly that. Thank you all for hanging out with us this week as well. We're not done. UPF, will be later, might do something between now and then as well, kind of depending on how how fast I can get it set up for UPF, because again I got to run everything myself. That's what happened yesterday, Jason. I was like, I'm gonna try to play some skies at Arcadia, and then it took me an hour and a half to get things set up for voicemail dump truck on the VM. But we got there eventually. So we'll see what happens today, looking forward to make it all happen. Yes, and then, Jason, anything else looks like you were gonna say something.
Speaker 2: And chat said, had a great idea where you show some of the games that get one vote every week.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right. We were going to do that yet call it the dou twelve. Yes. I wanted to put them in the graphic, which is why they're like, we don't have it here, but there is uh okay, one person for mic Opunk. We played that a little bit ago. I enjoyed it. But one person for mico Punk. Let's see here, h only a couple of people for Peak. You know, Peak is like this dominant thing, but you know, I think the way we have it phrased. The question is what is your game? I think there's gonna be a lot of games that are like, well, of course I go play Peak with my friends already, but my game right now is and they want to like, say something cool, That's how I would feel about it. And I want that to be the energy that goes into the Bomb twelve. I want it to be something you're like proud to tell people about, because like, you've got to try this game. That's what the Bomb twelve should be. So Peak not being exactly that, but still being like this monster thing makes sense to me. Let's see here, uh see if I can find a couple other one vote getters a Stalker two. One vote for Stalker two, one vote for Stellar Blade actually soon the one Gooners still out there, one vote for UFO fifty. Yeah, there's gonna be games that were like probably a lot of people's one game last year, and there's a few people getting around to it right now. And of course how do we miss this one one vote for it, but it's maybe the most important vote for wet Tricks. For wet Tricks, everybody the wet Tetris. We'll get, you know, What this means is we're gonna get a lot more wet Tricks votes next month.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I know you're skewing the vote. Poor poor Ninja Guiden rage Bound has an actual claim on this list, and now we're just gonna get a bunch of wetriss.
Speaker 1: Yep, let's uh rage bound. I'm sure we'll probably be represented next week for uh wet tricks and stuff like this. I'm gonna have to come up with some threshold for like when I can tell it's a joke and there's a bunch of people are trying to get on the list, It's like, okay, you have more than this number, the joke worked, and I'll put it on the list. But anything anything below that, it's like, no, I'm not going to even acknowledge it. We'll see all right. We were wrapping this show up. Thank you once again to everybody for watching and listening. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye. All right, everybody, we're gonna raid. We also got a couple of super chats to see.
Speaker 2: If we can.
Speaker 1: If I can find those real quick.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to read those. I don't think you're gonna yes.
Speaker 1: Noah the way I'm like, you could be a mod on giant bomb. That wouldn't make good difference. But I got him right here, so I'll just read them. Actually it was just okay. The one I can find here is from X Marty ninety seven. The prices are on Warrio sixty four. Love the show, Thank you, ex Marty. Yeah, those are the price increases for the switch stuff that Target finally put up, and so we got the information on that.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see anybody we should raid. I think Melyssa Murk just started to all right, perfect, I got that alert right right at the top of the hour, so I'm assuming she's she's on now yeah there.
Speaker 1: When does uh when does Max dude start streaming ebos? He kind of you know what I.
Speaker 2: Think he did. Let me let me check that. I know the floor doesn't open till one, but I'm not sure if they let him.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me know he did. He is, he's there, he is, he's on now and he's playing to con Okay, we'll go there, we'll get We're gonna listen next week, everybody, or just go there yourself if you want to right now, let's see here, so dashboard, this is important. Yeah, this, this is this is it. It's can you tell me his handle? H he is Maximilian M A x I M I L I A N underscore D O O D dude. That's one L for Maximilian, one L. Yes, thank you, all right, yep, that looks like it's gonna take fantastic. All right, cool, all right, so h three M for UPF. Everybody will definitely be back by then. Me and Backlar were talking like there's this game Paddle, Paddle Paddle, we might play some of that. There's also a word game we were gonna check out. We're just gonna hang out. It's gonna be very chill today, all right, see all then bye everybody,