Speaker 1: Clearing this election. Dot'll take Tam Harris five the talk station ATO six.
Speaker 2: If you have Karosen talk station. I'm very happy Wednesday, see me even extra special happyings by to the debate last night. My disappointment, Congressman Thomas Massey, the best hour of radio. From my perspective, we hear from you, and then we could hear from Judge Ennitapolotan at the bottom of the aar. Welcome back, Congressman Massi. It's always a pleasure having you on the program.
Speaker 1: It's great to be back, but it's not great to be back in the swamp. But after seven weeks of recess, I think it was time for Congress to get back.
Speaker 2: To work seven weeks. Judge Record just got back from one week of vacation, the first vacation he's taken in twenty years, I think, And that's like seven weeks.
Speaker 1: I know what, every time you go on vacation, Brian, he's still the producer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely. I take my vacation days because you know my old the old adage, smoke him. If you got him, you're not going to be able to keep them if you don't use them up. Let us before we dive on it. I know you didn't watch the whole debate last and you can get your impressions on what you did see, but first I just want to observe. It is nine to eleven, and I of course remember it like it was yesterday, and the burning image in my mind from that day and something that really truly changed my entire outlook on life was the falling man, the guy that had to jump out of a window because he was either going to be burned alive or jump out of a window. And I thought of, and I have used that reflection moment if I was standing there and I think about behind me as a raging inferno, and in front of me is ninety floors of space before I hit the ground, and your best option is to jump. What's going through your mind before you make that leap? Are you worried about what your neighbor's sexuality is? Are you worried about anything that's irrelevant to our day to day lives that we complain and moan about. No, you're probably thinking, I wish I spent more time with my family, or praying to God, or looking something broader than just you know, the petty crap that we always complain about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it brings it all in perspective. And I know we've mourned the loss of those people in the first responders, But don't forget there are still families of the victims of that who are who are still mourning. Oh yes, and there's there's one woman in particular that I've been trying to help. You know, Saudi Arabia was complicit in that, either knowingly or unknowingly. Officials from Saudi Arabia assisted those hijackers, and they should be the the families of the victims should be able to litigate this in court and sue Saudi Arabia, but they have been tied up. We finally got the ability. This was when Obama was president. We more or less forced him to give give those family ability to sue Saudi Arabia. But then it's it's hit some another stub in court. But don't forget there are there our wives and husbands who lost their loved ones who are still walking on this planet still morning.
Speaker 2: And what is the in fact, if I may be so bold as to asking, will put you on the spot, But what prevents them or what is currently the stumbling block? Because you know, if some incident happened here and people were killed wrongfully or intentionally, you can go to court and sue them for damages and lost consortium or whatever else.
Speaker 1: What's holding it up, I'm not sure what's holding it up now, but there was like a legal prohibition on it at one point. But what's if you dug down in it. What's probably really holding it up is foreign relations, foreign affairs, the fact that America is trying to keep a good relationship with Saudi Arabia, at least at the State Department. That's probably the thing that's holding it up. But it shouldn't be. No, you should be able to get justice if whether somebody knowingly or unknowingly was complicit in those deaths, then they are still liable. And this includes the government of Saudi Arabia. I agree.
Speaker 2: And if they have the facts and evidence and can prove it in court, they should have their right to do so. So it would be a very interesting thing to behold just hearing the evidence. And along those lines.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the other thing. Well, the late Representative Walter Jones from North Carolina, who was one of my best friends up here. He and I fought to get the nine to eleven the report unredacted. There were several pages that were reacted that showed that Saudi Arabia was complicit, and we achieved that we were successful in doing that. And so it's when you say, can they prove it in a court of law? Congress has already proven it.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, it would be nice for them to have justice anyway, Congress, Amassy, your reaction to what of the debate you saw? Joe told me in advance that you had not, you know, sat there throughout the whole thing like I did, screaming almost incessantly during the entire debates.
Speaker 1: No, I kept my sanity by not watching most of it. I just I don't think it changed anybody's mind. That's my takeaway. If you were for Trump before it, you were for Trump after it. And if you were for Camala before it, you were for her after it. And I don't think it really moved too many independents. And for the people who are saying, why why didn't Congress and Massy watch this debate? Doesn't he care? Oh my gosh, I've got so much stuff on my plate. I am chairing a hearing today on pharmacy benefit managers. Oh geez, yeahba so confusing, But they are responsible. I don't know. We're going to find out in the hearing. I don't want to say anything before we have the hearing, but a lot of people believe they are responsible for high drug prices, when in fact they were established to lower drug prices.
Speaker 2: Things don't always turn out the way you'll want it when you have for a government program. They're an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy that adds tremendous costs through the process.
Speaker 1: They're like that contractor. You know, when a school is built. There's the contractor, the main contractor that's building the school, and then they subcontract out electrical and you know, construction parts of it. But then there's another contractor between the main contractor and the government that's just taken a cut almost all the time. And that's kind of what it's starting to look like these PBMs are. And the other problem we have. By the way I'm doing this is part of my Anti trust subcommittee. So I chair the Subcommittee of Judiciary that's in charge of antitrust and the regulatory reform and the administrative state. And this falls under could fall under anti trust because the way they do pricing too. There's kickbacks. They literally call them kickbacks, but Congress made it legal for them to do kickbacks with the argument that if we can do kickbacks, then we can save some money. The other thing is they're verticalized. CVS has its own PBM, and then if you're a small mom and pop pharmacy, you have to go through these PBMs that are owned by your competition. Uh, and then the competition sets all these rules on how the small pharmacies can operate and what prices they have to charge. It's it's really kind of crazy, but we're and it's a very confusing topic. And I'm gonna have four witnesses today and it's very unique. I got the Democrat ranking member Luke Curea from California. He and I agreed on all four witnesses. So it's not like there's a Democrat witness and a Republican witness and we're gonna have one person who's four PBMs. We've got to have one person who's against PBMs, and we're gonna have a couple who are like, well, they they need to be fixed, but don't don't throw them out. Kind of arguments.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I know you are the man for the job on that one.
Speaker 1: Congress and Massy, they and we may have to we may have to get into the c R after the hour, but I'm holding yeah, I'm keeping that one after the break.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm staring at that topic. And I know you have a lot to say about and the SAVE provision that's in there dealing with illegals having an obligation to or well being able to vote, which I love that SAVE provision, and I think perhaps perhaps it is designed to get certain elected officials to reveal their true colors about how they feel about the potential for illegal immigrants voting in federal elections. So whether or not it goes through, ultimately, I'd like to see a show of hands on the floor to see where people stand on that one. We will talk about that considering a break is right here more with Congressman Thomas Massey. After a positive word for my dear friend Peter Shabria, Kellawilliams Seven Hills and his real estate team the best in the business, number one in Cincinnati. They have been the number one sales group for quite some time now. It's because their team, the agents there provide tremendous value. They are experts at what they do. They can get the most from the sale of your home. They know what to do, how to stage it, how to make the right recommendations, and when you're buyers agents, they can keep you out of trouble. Trust me, their team is together and they're great. Go to seven zero eight three thousand to learn more about it, and I also recommend you check out the programs the Instant Offer program, the Love It or Leaved program, the Cash to Keys program, all the programs that nobody else is offering. And that five star experience guaranteed from the Sabri Group of Keller Williams, seven Hills, five one three, seven zero eight three thousand online at seven zero eight three thousand dot com.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: We're less than two weeks so what eight eighteen on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're listening.
Speaker 2: If you're listening right now, Congress from Thomas Massy on the program, I'm getting ready to talk about the continuing Resolution and ultimately an omnibus spending bill, not dealing with the twelve appropriations bills that you're supposed to deal with right, Congressman, that's right.
Speaker 1: Like Congress being surprised about the end of the fiscal year being September thirtieth. It's like a florist being surprised by Valentine's Day. Like, I'm sorry, guys, this happens every year. We had so much time to get ready for this, and now the twelve separate bills have not been passed. We haven't sent them to the Senate, so we've got no argument to send to give to the Senate. They're going to do a cr which stands for continuing resolution, which is a cut copy paste of the horrible omnibus that was passed this winter this past winter, and they're doing nothing to cut spending. Now. The sweetener to get Republicans to vote to just redo everything we did last year and kick the can down the road is something called the Save Act, which is a great bill, and it puts the Democrats really in the crosshairs because it's a Mike Lee bill supported by Chip Roy over here, two of my best friends. And I hate this because I'm on the other side of them tactically. You know, on policy we agree one hundred percent, but on tactics we are in disagreement on this. They say we should attach the Save Act to the CR. So the CR remembers twelve separate bills, so now we're going to make it thirteen bills. So we're going to attach the Save Act to the CR, and then every Republican should vote for that and then send it to the Senate. And then the Senate will finally have to take up the Save Act, and it would do two things. Number One, Democrats would have to vote to shut down the government over here in the House because they want illegals to be able to vote. It puts them in a tough spot. And then in the Senate, Chuck Schumer would have to do the same thing. He would have to refuse to bring up the bill because he wants illegals to vote, and then the government would shut down. Now here's the problem with that strategy. Our conference Republicans, particularly Mike Johnson, our speaker, is not going to shut down the government. This is an election year. We are just weeks away from the election. There is not going to be a government shutdown. There might be one of the last two or three hours, okay, Friday night or Saturday night, whenever that day is, but there ain't going to be a government shutdown, and there ain't going to be a Save Act. And then here's the other thing. If you want to put Democrats on record, we already voted on the Save Act. We did that this summer, and five Democrats decided not to walk the plank. Every Democrat voted to let illegals vote in an election except for five. So that's the problem with the strategy. The other problem with the strategy is eventually you're just going to get clean CR That's what's going to happen, and spending is going to go on unabated. Here's the other problem with it. The CR that Mike Johnson has proposed is a six month r They're saying, well, let's get to March and hopefully Trump wins the election, we take the Senate and keep the House, we win the trifecta, and this AD buys us enough time to get past the lame duck session. Should we, you know, run the trifecta in November, which is it's not a bad thing because I don't I definitely don't want to be sitting here.
Speaker 2: I'm tracked, Christmas, I'm tracking where you're going. Go ahead, okay, put on the cake.
Speaker 1: Okay, there is a provision okay, and it would the CR ends on March thirtieth. I got a provision put into law last year as a condition of the debt limit that says, if you do a CR that goes past April thirtieth, there's a one percent cut to everything. Every bit of government gets cut one percent if you take a CR past April thirtieth. That is, that is in law. Joe Biden signed that in order to get the debt limit increased, and it's still operable. They Mike Johnson didn't use it last year. He could have used it last year. Okay, he's a new speaker. He's getting these legs underneath of him. But now he's had a full year to think about this. All we need to do. This is for everybody who's okay, Massy, you're trying to blow up this CR. What is your plan? What is your plan? Massy? Well, my plan I've hatched for ten years and actually got it implemented. It is sitting in law in statute. My plan, and it's like t ball. All you've got. All Republicans got to do is walk up to the plate and just hit that ball off the tee because if they do a one year CR. If Mike Johnson would put a one year CR on the floor, clean CR, what happens is it sets up a one percent cut on April thirtieth. The Democrats cannot complain about because Joe Biden signed it into law a year ago. I'm trying to play chess here with a bunch of people who are chewing on the checkers. Yeah, and if they could just see that's what that's the way this works. Now, when you get to April thirtieth, what do you have on your hands? If you've done a one year CR, You've got a fight, not over a shutdown. And by the way, we never win fights over shutdowns. I'm okay shutting down the government, but there's some republic who are worried about their election and they you know, and it is. It is an inconvenience on people in the military and air traffic controllers. So I'm not saying it's not a fight worth having, but it is inconvenient. Instead of having that fight, what the fight you would have in April thirtieth is a fight over whether we're going to do the twelve separate bills or whether We're going to take a one percent cut. It's a cut down fight, not a shutdown fight exactly. And that's a fight you can win. You can go back to your district and message it. We keep every Republican on the team instead of having defectors, and we can win that fight, and Mike Johnson can trade that one percent cut for something else. Okay, maybe at that point we could actually get the Save Act or something else. By the way, the Save Act. Let's go back to another I stood up in our GOP conference yesterday. This is a private meeting, and I told the speaker. I looked him in the eye. You get one minute at the microphone. I said, your plan has fair retail levels of unbelievability. Right now, there is. And I asked him to address these two things. Number One, I said, you're not going to shut down the government. You're not even going to threaten a shut down of the government. So Chuck Schumer and the Democrats are laughing that we think we're going to get the Save Act on this. Number two, this will go all the way to This fight will go all the way to October first. The election is November fifth. Do you think a law is going to go into place on October first and effect an election on November fifth. Absolutely not, absolutely not, because number one, by October first, in these swing states, a lot of the Democrats will have already voted, exactly. And also in almost every state, I believe everybody who's going to vote on November fifth is already registered to vote pretty much by October first, So you're not stopping anybody from getting registered to vote with the Save Act, it's and the courts, like with every law, they'll be an injunction. They'll say it's voter suppression. Oh you know, you're you're making people afraid to go vote. So this is a constitutional issue, and they'll get one injunction in one, you know, a circuit.
Speaker 2: The court system drags its heels, it'll be be delayed for a while, the outcome will be inevitable.
Speaker 1: It'll be going in the law.
Speaker 2: And it's not a problem because it's already illegal for immigrants, illegal immigrants to vote in federal elections. But I get your point real quick. Judge of Paula Kina is listening, and he's waiting in the wing so he can say hello hello to him as we part company. Yes, what is the response in that room, that private meeting, when you point out your strategy, why wouldn't everyone just go, brilliant, let's just do it.
Speaker 1: Three quarters that the Republicans do say that, and a quarter who are un asked, and Foreign Affairs that's House Armed Services to be in Foreign Affairs are worried about a one percent cut to the military. This is our Achilles heel. And so what Republicans and Democrats do instead of saying, well, I'll cut one percent from my priorities if you cut one percent from your priorities in order to save this country, they get together and say I'll increase mine five percent and let you increase yours by five percent. They've got a deal. And so it's it. And this what I had a private conversation with the Speaker and he just told me the House Armed Services Committees is not going to let me do this. And I said, look, you don't have two hundred and eighteen votes for anything here in the Republican conference. Anything that passes in the House and Senate's got to have Democrats and Republicans. But if you put a one year clean cr on the floor, Democrats can't vote against that and shut down the government and if they if they bally ache about the one percent cut, you know, if he puts a one year CR on the floor, they can't not vote against him. And they also can't demagogue that one percent cut that happens on April thirtieth. We call it the Massi Plan here in Congress because Joe Biden signed that into law.
Speaker 2: I like your strategy, and that's why you're so brilliant, why we love you so much. And I know the Judge Paul Tanna loves you as well. He'll probably say so when we get back that comes.
Speaker 1: I love the judge, but you tell him.
Speaker 2: He just told him. He's listening, right Congress and Massy, you always have a welcome was fired here in the fifty five care see morning ship. Thanks for doing what you do and if you have a brilliant strategy, I just wish more people would lock arms with you and move forward with it. Sure could use a one percent cut, that's for sure. We'll talk soon, my friends. Stay well. Thanks for your tome A twenty seven judge of Poltonill. Coming up next, I get to mention Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove first final on line at chimneycarect dot com. Is still warm outside, you're still not using your fireplace. That's my bet. Anyway, take care of your safety. It's so important. An annual inspection is really what is recommended. Your chimney could have water problems, if you might need some tuck pointing done with your chimney. They do tuck pointing. They of course do chimney sweeping. If you have a wood burning fire, you're gonna need to have that swept. Yeah, I'll catch on fire, You're lining will crack. They do relining a Chimneycare Fireplace and stove as well, so if you're lining has been cracked from a prior fire, have them Relining fireplace inserts are wonderful. Have it installed over the summer so you can enjoy in the wintertime, really doing a great job of getting the heat out of the firebox and into the room. For all things safety, It's a great time of year to get in touch with Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove. Check them out online for everything they have, including the show room. Four thirteen Wards Corner Road, Chimney Kareco dot com five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred fifty five k RC dot com.
Speaker 1: This is