Speaker 1: Welcome to the end of Effect.
Speaker 2: What's your host the Old Wrestling Hu, Charie's Horror and Alex Kokito We cover Dobby Devons play My Play Madness.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, welcome to episode sixty eight of The Evolve Effect. I am one of your hosts in the Day's thirty three along with Shauna Reads Horror as always. Want to thank the Wrestling super Friendos Network for having us on. Alex Kakita will be joining us in a moment. How was your day, your week, your Evolved watching experience?
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 4: I was loving all of the socials yesterday leading up into Like it seemed like all of the superstars were doing something on their socials yesterday, which was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: So I was excited.
Speaker 4: So I knew it was going to be a good episode when they were all hanging out on social media all day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was pretty cool to build the lead up to Evolve Like, like she said, everyone was building it up, hyping it up.
Speaker 5: I was like seeing so.
Speaker 3: Many things on like Twitter, and I didn't really go on Instagram that much yesterday because I didn't want to be spoiled about too much. But just the promos and everything was good, Capri uh, lady luck it was it Sloan, Sloan Jacobs. Yeah, everybody was doing their part.
Speaker 1: Even Wren was in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, everybody was thrown in her hat in the ring. So that was that was pretty cool, all right.
Speaker 3: So let's see we had another I guess now it's not even like another. We had another another code open, which is the norm, but it's always different code opening. So this time we had Sloan just basically setting up the party. For the most part, we didn't get the normal rundown of the whole show, just the rundown of this mega event that's about to happen on Evolve this evening for the keta lines and how great the keta lines is and blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: So I actually, I actually liked that. That was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It was a little different, just because now we started get used to run down. They said, Okay, nope, it's the most important thing on earth and that's all I'm going to talk about. I don't care about anything else that goes on the show. So who would you think about this opening?
Speaker 4: I liked it because I think it really tied into everything we had seen online earlier. I love the fact with the cold open because I think it's a good way to kind of introduce people to evolve that they don't know what's going on. I've always enjoyed that, so I kind of thought there would have been a little bit more foreshadowing with Sloan in the celebration with her doing it, so it was really great. So it kind of led to the entire like I knew this was going to be dogs and cats living in chaos happening. But yeah, I love the cold open and I love the fact that someone different every week.
Speaker 1: Also, it's not the same.
Speaker 4: It's not Thatcher saying hey here's what's happening, or Blake coming out, but it's someone different every week.
Speaker 1: I think really adds to that.
Speaker 4: Because it introduces the superstar is a little bit more to the people that are just tuning into avall for the first time, or you know, are those casual watchers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that, like like the comic books Twitter used to be back in my day as a kid, it's always somebody's first comic. It's always someone's first evance. It's it's on TV. So it's a good way, like you said, that introduced to people and the cold open. It always has something to do with the episode.
Speaker 5: It's something that you're about to watch, so you could kind of go into a cold it's almost like a recap almost sometimes, but yeah, you can be your very first episode. You don't know what's going on, but we know something important's about to happen.
Speaker 4: So that was good because I think a lot of times on the main you know, if you're watching the main roster, it's just mainly that recap of what's happened, not what's gonna happen. So I like that it's kind of like, here's what's happening, continuing with this storyline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like you're saying, it's also different than what every show is doing because most wrestling shows, even though the graphics might be different, but the formula is pretty much the same. Even on NXT, it's it just looks a little bit different, but it's the same formula, like, oh, this is what kind of happened last week, and may were introduced some matches that we didn't tell you about beforehand, like they always do in the ww.
Speaker 5: NXT's a lot better than the main roster Main Roster.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you don't know it till like day of at least NXC, they kind of promote it and you'll have some surprises, but for most part, the big stuff they promote. So let me see what happens next. Oh, I believe next was the very first match.
Speaker 5: Sort of, Yes, it was sort of the very first match because we come up with the mod Squad just coming out because you know, it's hot boyd summer and everything, so the mod Squad comes out there. Basically Max ab were just hyping up the crew ta about how have a.
Speaker 3: Good job they did last week and blah blah blah. That's how it starred off than they actually. I guess mogg. I guess I'm using it as a verb now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guessing. I still go final fantasy.
Speaker 1: Every time they say mog squad. My head still goes, oh yeah, the mog. Like every time I'm like, we're getting a Google what is happening?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So would you think about this whole like the open before we get into like, uh, what leads up to the first match?
Speaker 4: I thought it was really good because I mean, they're mogging. I looked it up on Urban Dictionary. It's something about I don't I don't remember, and it fits with them, they're just this taunting. They think they're better than everybody else, So they got to come out and and talk about it. But it was really good to to What I liked about it was for people that haven't been watching the way they did it, Max was able to introduce every single and it was great because it was a taunt about how good we are. But if you haven't been watching or you don't know who was who, it was a great introduction to say, hey, so I think it worked two ways like that hunt, but let's introduce you to everybody in case you don't know who everybody is, which we don't get that a lot on the other rosters we've got a group like like take Dark State for example, they just come out as the three of them. There's no real introduction like on who they.
Speaker 5: Are like this, they assume that you already know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and here it's like, hey, let's do a refresh on who everybody is in the group, which is why I liked it for the Twofold, for the storyline, and for the hey here's who everybody is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: And also we now know there's a four person groupment you always usually you have your leader, you have your tag team, and maybe you're enforced.
Speaker 5: And they were able to pretty much establish all right, Santi ball, they're the tag team of the group. Well, Valor Valor Valor.
Speaker 1: Hey no, and I his and his course his real name is Jimmy, so I always say Jimmy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: He also posted on a social media that.
Speaker 3: His was a pretty funny too, uh yesterday, but I caught it caught a little bit later. But uh yeah, I think they did a really good job of just introducing everybody and the role in the group and what they're kind of about. I like that, but I might have liked it. You know who did not like it? The foreman, Foreman Thatcher did not like it at all. And oh, before I even get to that, we had a special guest announcer special edition of Evolved, Welcome back Robert Stone, the Boss Stone, and he's a little bit different. The commentary is still the same, but he is for those who don't know, uh, the foreman. The general manager of Evolve is Timmy Thatcher, but Evolve is still under NXT. Robert Stone is a general manager of NXT, which means he is Thatcher's boss.
Speaker 5: So so we get that like out of way.
Speaker 3: But he used to be on commentary for the longest time before he got elevated, so it was nice to see him back. And I just in my just imagine it's because of the Kia Liance celebration. Who knows why, what really why he was really there, but it was a good So.
Speaker 4: Here's what upset me with his comment, Like, I was excited to see him back, so he was like, Hey, I haven't been watching what's going on? I came down to see some of the talent, right, which makes sense. Some of the talent's been doing this back and forth. So it was like, you haven't been watching, so you're not watching what you're supposed to be in charge of as a boss.
Speaker 1: And also half of this talent's been showing up on your roster. What do you mean you don't know what's been going on. I think he should have been like, hey, just checking in. You know, I've had a lot of your people up here. Things have been going on.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: I thought i'd stop it and say hi, but it kind of made like I don't pay attention to what's going on.
Speaker 4: So I'm down here, I'm looking for talent, and I'm like you do see the talent. What are you talking or or what?
Speaker 5: It cleaned it up a little bit if he said, oh, I haven't been able to see him in person, which would be a little bit like Okay, I caught it on to me.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah, and you know, another way to promote t He's like, oh, I can't watch it.
Speaker 5: Like live on Wednesdays.
Speaker 3: But I go back and I watched the show and every thing, but I want to come down here and see with my own two I seated person, because you know, it is different watching wrestling in person, like when running it rawls, like people thought it was bad, going to the extra show is actually pretty fun. Just watching the crowd and watching it in person. It's a lot better than watching on TV. If you could believe it.
Speaker 5: If you embarrass it, then y'all can take my word for it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that was the only thing that really upset me that I was like, that doesn't It's kind of like, oh, I'm not paying attention, but all your people keep showing up on my programming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know who they are. So I was like, dude, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Like I can get the mog squad because they really haven't been there. But a lot of the other talent, as we saw this past Tuesday night, every single person that won on NXT was an evolved person.
Speaker 3: This last Tuesday night is like it was we went to We went from Evolved Junior High to Evolve High School. As NXT starting to become Evolve High School, it's what's becoming.
Speaker 4: And I think I want to kind of like flin through some stuff again. All of the backstage segments was evolved people except for me, said Mason was really on NXT this past week, the only like really non evolved.
Speaker 1: Person you had.
Speaker 4: Shilah was in a match, but like really it was Mason and all of the backstage segments and the Winds was like one of the only non evolved people.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I just had to get that out of the way because Stone Hitt and everybody knows, I'm a mark for Robert Stone, even back when he was managing the Outliers, even though the out Liars team that make it on TV at the house shows and he had them thirty red glowing slippers because that's what they were, but he was sharp for them and I used to tag them all the time on Twitter followed me back back then, so that was actually pretty cool, like way before I got into this streaming stuff. But anyway, for Foreman, Thatcher shows up and he is not pleased about the about the Shenana kids from last week, even though in the Mosquad defense they.
Speaker 5: Really didn't do anything any too dasherly they were kind of art, but that like it. So basically he was like, okay, y'all and they were bragging about nonether people got eliminated from the week before, so that's was like, oh, okay, no one got a limited all right, so we need a tag team the the basically, I don't know, show you something or put your place with last ee. It wasn't a fluke and lo and behold we have noam Dar and Romeo Moreno shows up, which was which was good.
Speaker 3: I actually I actually did like this match. What did you What did you think of this match?
Speaker 5: Before?
Speaker 1: I really liked it.
Speaker 4: I think it's really solidifying them as a tag team on both brands, which is good.
Speaker 1: So I think it's kind of funny. On NXT they're like Romeo's like, please be my tag partner.
Speaker 4: Look, we can do this and we can be really good and on NXT we're like, well we're here, We're a tag team.
Speaker 1: So I find that kind of funny. I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was great another showing for them, and I thought for Santi and Jakari too.
Speaker 1: You know, it was like the Mob Squad this whole segment.
Speaker 4: With both of those math they needed to take the loss, like at some point they needed to take the loss, and I thought this was a great way for them to take the loss. So I found that very entertaining. I'm just so glad Noam Dar's back. I hope he stays healthy so we can keep him around for a little bit. Please don't be injury prone again, please.
Speaker 1: But I think it just.
Speaker 4: Really solidifies him and Romeo and I just like the friendship aspect they have on Evolve and it's that mentor expect on NXT. So it's really fun to see the two different like workings of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with that, and I think I could be mistaken, but the way it kind of looks like, I wonder if Noam Dar has the Andre Chase.
Speaker 1: Role now because of a segment we see later m.
Speaker 5: HM and we have a nod if you know, it's evolved.
Speaker 3: There's not too many older people unevolved and everything, So I wonder if he's like a litti batto type where he comes in like more like to Menser or kind of coached them up type of differ. But he's still a good wrestler, so I can wrestle too, and he can guide Moreno, like you said, the mentser thing, but also like the rest with people. And for those of you who don't know Thatcher, because there might be somebody new, listen to the podcast Thatcher's also considered the player coach.
Speaker 5: Even though he is a general manager.
Speaker 3: He still wrestles mostly on the independent circuit with the ID guys, but he has wrestled a couple of times and evolved.
Speaker 5: It happens. Doesn't happen that often, but it happens. So just yeah that out there.
Speaker 1: When I saw him at the ID showcase, he was the person he was wrestling, was going to get a contract if they beat him. And then that weekend he was doing a two days of scouting.
Speaker 4: So whenever they do those, you know, for someone out there that's like, hey, I want, you know, to get my name in front of that. See if those ID showcases watch because Thatcher was doing those matches for scouting at those showcases.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I went to an ID showcase myself last summer at Thatcher he was wrestling at that event too.
Speaker 5: That's a big dude he is.
Speaker 1: And I asked him and I talked to him.
Speaker 4: I didn't get the interview on camera, but I was talking to him because I was really nervous because he was just hanging out and I was like, oh my gosh, I can't asking questions.
Speaker 1: Super sweet, so nice, so funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So, speaking of Thatcher, after this loss, we have the mock squad licking their runs, picking up the pieces, dragging each other to the locker room. But Thatcher's like, he's not done with mock squad yet, So not so fast? Where you at think y'all going? So who was Ball in the match? Last week?
Speaker 3: We had Ball, Santi and Valor with Max Abras on the outside. So we just had a match with Ball. It's Santi, I mean, c J.
Speaker 5: Valor, it's your turn now, Like out of nowhere, they're carrying their wounded to the back.
Speaker 3: He's like, no, you have a match now too. And Alex pretty much told me on my stream I was doing my life. She was like, it's gonna be CJ versus JD. He spread it up, but I couldn't think.
Speaker 5: Of what it was. Oh, hold on all that we meet? I don't know. My backup phone just rang. Oh no, it's like a spam f Like I don't need to pick it up, and like no one has a number, but spam must have it all it. Oh wait, go ahead and talk about this spet Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we did see and I will say coming out and they're like they're going to do a match and I was like, who is this match going to be between? And then all of a sudden, the Dark State music hit and I went, are you freaking kidding me? We're doing Cutler James again? Like I literally looked at my husband and I said, why are we doing Cutler James again?
Speaker 5: Can we not see?
Speaker 1: And I was like what are we doing? Are we trying to give him a character?
Speaker 4: Like what is happening? I was like, there's plenty of other people. I think at this point we should have had someone from one point, oh or you know, something else, not Cutler James again, And like I was like, can we move on? But it was really good because they were just like, oh man, and it was a good match. I see J's a great wrestler. He you know, he does have that one indie title. I can't remember which one it is, but I just the only thing that got me on it was I was just like, why is it Cutler James again?
Speaker 1: And in the end, you know, it was fun.
Speaker 4: We had a heel versus heel match, which you don't get that that often, so that was gonna be like, hey, how is this gonna, you know, play out? But in the end, Cutler did get the win. And I will say one thing I did love the whole entire time is every time they shot to the couch and Thatcher was just staring them down and I'm like, are you aggravated because of the security thing and then what all? But the look on his face was just like this is great and I Am just gonna stare a hole through your soul right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah. When I was watching it too, I was thinking, I'm like, is this a heel versus heel match? Or is Cutler James or they're trying to reposition him somehow?
Speaker 3: And I think we were talking about this on the Evolved Review show that's at nine pm on PUWF Wrestling on YouTube live. So if you want to check that out, how he doesn't really have like a personality, like he's like kind of like a stone cold killer.
Speaker 5: And I wonder if they did that.
Speaker 3: Because they're like, Okay, he's a heel blah blah blah. But if he's doing this, oh, he's just he's just a tool at this point, Like he doesn't hate them or anything. He's just Okay, I'm just out here to do a job. And what I do is I hurt people. Because he was stowed the entire time, almost like almost like Thatcher. He's just wrestling, doing his thing. He's not getting mad.
Speaker 5: He's just just a machine.
Speaker 3: And I did like the fact that Thatcher's out there for both matches because even though you had the mob squad, okay, if the ref doesn't the same thing, that's still the general manager. So you're not gonna do any shenanigans because he's right there looking at that's going on.
Speaker 5: You're not going to get anything by him.
Speaker 3: So I did like that because they couldn't really do anyan against this time. They did one thing attack much, but I can't really say it was it's kind of got one of the guys out the way, or I think they pulled they pulled somebody out the rings, so he didn't get pinned.
Speaker 5: That was it. So it's a little something, but that's that's the only thing that happened. And Valor, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Every time I see Valor is it. Does he have different gear like every time I see him or something I think he.
Speaker 1: Does, and I noticed it's different.
Speaker 4: And on the indies he does costumes too every now and then, which I really think is funny. Yeah, he'll do random costumes on the indies. But yeah, he's always looking different. They were, of course, they all kind of color coordinated, though they were all in their gold, which was which was great that they color coordinated.
Speaker 1: That just adds to their whole entire personality.
Speaker 5: It's just that, like Santi and Bald, they're just so recognizable.
Speaker 3: Like Valor, he does something with his hair, the gear could be completely different, Like I know who he is, but every time I see him, it's like a Then sometimes you do a double look to make sure it's really him and everything, because I'm like, oh, he.
Speaker 5: Looks so different from week to week. But I like that.
Speaker 3: That's that's pretty good. But his character, he started develop his character like a lot more I've noticed on on the Evolves side. So so now that we have Valor licking his wounds, we have everybody trying to huddle up, trying to carry each other back to the locker room again.
Speaker 5: But there we go. Thatcher is still not finished yet. He's not done. It says, Max, where you think you're going? And it was like, oh my god, we're about to get another match. He said, no, he's gonna give him a break. He said, I'm gonna give you a break. But he set up a match for him for next week. So who is he fighting next week? He's fighting uh a star boy?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, they said, you've seen him on TNA, you've seen him on NXT and they've already previously had a match.
Speaker 5: So I wonder if it might go different next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because their match is where because Max now has the I D Championship and starboarys I have that championship, so it'll be interesting to see how that which I still don't understand why that championship belt does not make it on the screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now, the fact that you have the Evolved belt making it on NXT. You would think they could at least say something. But even if you don't show the belt, at least mention it in the graphic. And it's just like I always say, just put stipulation it could only be defended on it can't be defendant and evolved only on an independent seam. That's why, like maybe that's why we don't wear it or blah blah blah. But he is the I D Champion, you know, just something like that. Even in this graphic, you just put w I D Champion on the yeah, graphic his name just something.
Speaker 1: To technoledge it or even and when they show the graphic, like have him have the belt like on.
Speaker 5: His shoulder or something, you know like that, Yeah, it's like, yeah he does.
Speaker 3: They don't really carry it here because they know they can't defend here or make make up something.
Speaker 5: Long'd you say something that It's like, all right, at least we've.
Speaker 1: Seen like I just use Jordan Grace and Joe Hendry when they had the TNA Championships, they showed up on WWE with them. They didn't defend them, but they had them on.
Speaker 3: So so it was like, I don't know what the real reason is why they don't do it and everything. I'm like, like I heard a story about like I think Ava was on a podcast recently talking about like like a lot of stuff they have, they have to travel with it and everything, like, uh, like I guess he was talking about Petrovitch because oh there's a girl that has a sword and yeah, she's gotta check that thing in at the airport and sometimes just because you know, a hassle and everything like that. So maybe they don't want to like lose I don't know, maybe don't want to lose the belt, or maybe the belt stays and stays there until a n ID showcase shows up.
Speaker 1: Maybe something because it's weird.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, why can't Like when I saw him with the showcase, Laney had her title, you know, so and Aaron had the evolved title.
Speaker 3: So I was like, maybe Thatcher holds onto the title to make sure that happens to him because he's used at the ID showcases.
Speaker 4: And you have to wonder too, and this is to go on that too, taping it so far in advance, so we Wendy had the title. But this whole entire time where we're watching Nikki have Wendy have the title. We know Nikita has won the title, so maybe they keep it in a central location due to that fact to be like, hey, because of the pre I don't know. This is something we are going to have to find out. I think I have some content now that I'm going to be like, I'm inquiring minds, would like to know how does this logistically work with a pre taped show.
Speaker 1: In the titles?
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, that's the only thing that really irks me, the ID titles, the situation. But yeah, this will probably what be their third match, because I remember they had the matter to evolved, but Max actually won then, like what a couple of days later or a week later, he woned the with the Nightmare Factory, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it said the Nightmare Factory show case you.
Speaker 5: Out, and he beat him there for the ID Championship.
Speaker 3: And I'm actually surprised we got Starboy back. I thought that I thought we might not ever see him again it evolved. I thought, maybe, you know, they did that for NXC bound stuff. But yeah, so that's the match for next week. They've set that up.
Speaker 5: Let me see, what was the next thing that happened on the program. Uh? So, I got looking at my notes.
Speaker 1: We saw Aaron and Harlem had their that's right talk backstage.
Speaker 5: Yes, and this is what I'm saying. I'm thinking the budget might have been increased with these tapeings. I really do think last week's episode was not a part of these tapeings. The way it felt like he just felt differently and storylines that we were like, oh, didn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Some things they did address during this episode, so I'm like, maybe they knew. But yeah, we had a little backstage segment in the NXC backstage area, but from a different camera angle with some purple lighting to make it look like we've never seen this every time on NXT. I do like it, but the camera quality was better, something like trying to get to their cinematic bag a little bit, and I like, I liked it basically, just it's a little weird because harm Loss is not He's definitely almost a tweeener.
Speaker 5: But more on the light side of the force.
Speaker 3: It seems like he doesn't like Okay, he wants the title, doesn't necessarily hate Aaron, he just wants the title. And basically Aaron was as we all know lately, it's almost almost a running joke how harm Lewis always talks about his origin because of the praxic cole thing.
Speaker 5: So I like the first thing that Aaron said, like, look, I don't want to hear I don't want to hear your backstory. Like he doesn't need it.
Speaker 3: He knows what, he knows, what he can do, blah blah blah, So like we don't have to rehask that we yet and grilled. Yeah, ingrained it in our brains for like the last month. So he's like, yeah, okay, I got it, I got it. Hold on and he's like, basically like he came from home beginnings too. He knows what it's like. And I just thought it was.
Speaker 5: Nice because everybody forget like I guess because Aaron Work's demeanor.
Speaker 3: He is one of the toughest people on Evolved. He has a main streak, but because of his demeanor, you think, oh he does. I'm like, if you haven't watched a product, I need to watch a part this man. People are literally scared this man of all bullies are scared of Aaron Rourke, Like legit, So what'd you think about this backstage segment?
Speaker 1: I really liked it.
Speaker 4: I think it was a different like Harlem, I think, and I think Harlem's like backstory, the origin the came because of that Braxton cold storyline. Because it just seemed like it was the same over and over again.
Speaker 1: I really liked this. It was a different side of Harlem. It made you at the end kind of be like, yeah, I kind of want to see him whin Like I love Aaron. I don't want Aaron to lose the title.
Speaker 4: But in the like some of the stuff, like where he was like being very heartfelt and just a very genuine person and not trying to play up.
Speaker 1: Like any of that stuff.
Speaker 4: It made you go, yeah, we really like yeah, I kind of I get where he's coming from, which was really nice. And I liked how Aaron was like, Dude, you know we're different, but we're the same. You know, this match is going to be about respect, Like what you did for me was great. This is why I'm giving you this title shot. You've deserved it. So I really liked it because it wasn't that whole entire you know, I'm coming after you, You're coming after me. It was just a nice It felt like a gentleman's agreement for this match, like an old fashioned gentleman's agreement, like you just for what you did for me, I'm gonna give you what you've been looking for.
Speaker 1: May the best man win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And because I haven't watched it Evolved from the very first episode, they did announce this match for next week, but as we know from Evolve, harm Lewis as a number one contender for a one on one match.
Speaker 3: Doesn't ever see the materialize itself. And I'm like, I hope he doesn't get jumped next week or something crazy. I hope we actually get this match. And like I've always said, I think Harrard Lewis Cael caught a good promo. I think he's like Roman Reigns, like what he was staring.
Speaker 5: He's not good with the script because when he's talking, he's talking all he's talking natural like stuff that he would actually say, and it comes off as it comes off as real. I think the stuff he was saying before was like, Okay, someone told him to say this, so it doesn't come out.
Speaker 3: It doesn't flow right for some reason. And Roman Rains used to be like that, and he was really exposed here to the John Seen a thing. But when he kind of went off script, and I was saying, Oh, no, there's something there, Roman, Roman get caught a promo. He just can't cut what these writers are writing him because it's not natural to him because he didn't get well. He was a viscerated, But he did have some good lines toward the end after John Cena started evestilating him, It's like, okay, now he's going on script. So I was like, oh, there's something there, there's something that Roman. I see you, I see at Harlem, I see you now too, I see you're good on Instagram. Yes, So I'm like, I'm thinking they're just feeding him lines over here. The only thing before we get to the next thing, I was gonna say, it's still it's still a little weird for me watching Harmless this way because I'm on main event.
Speaker 5: He present him as like just a heel on main event, like just straight up heel over deemon quality at all.
Speaker 3: And like I said before, even though we haven't seen this, when he's on main event, they do say he's on the NXT roster, like he's like legit an XT guy. So who knows when that's gonna materialize on TV, But uh, I just throw that out there from time to time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I've been with him and THEA, you would think, and that rumor that Thea's coming down to evolve, you would think he might pop up somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so all right, I guess that brings us to the next match. Like I said, a lot of stuff happened. Normally we get about three matches or so in an episode, but we had two. We thought we'd go get a Max Abram one, but he said no, no, no, I'm just messed. We'll say that for next week.
Speaker 5: Got the death.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, we're about to have a whole show of Mark Squad getting beat down. I know.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought was gonna happen. I thought it was gonna be like a gauntlet leg just boom, boom boom.
Speaker 3: All right, So we got our next match, which was uh Oka Sasaki and Harley Riggins, which completely came out of nowhere almost because last week they're looking for Tate Wilder they want to match. They didn't say they would give it to him this week. They said they still got to talk to Stone, but he wanted some match in this week. So I kind of like how that kind of happened. So I'm thinking it's gonna be one thing. I'm like, no, Riggins, he still has a match. We just didn't know who's gonna be against. And I've heard rumors that he was gonna be like in the WWE. I just thought it was gonna be like I heard rumors with Narku he was he might have showed up with. So when I saidone, I was completely shocked and everything.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, okay, that's cool. So Riggins had his match with uh Sasaki and Riggins with his entrance and everything, which is he has a wild entrance. That's that's all I got to say.
Speaker 3: I can't remember who it reminds me of. It kind of reminds me of a Divas entrance, but I can't remember which one. So it's just kind of because you know, he looks like a bully and everything, so him kind of doing a Divas entrance kind of looks like funny to me.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna have to go back and rewatch it again and.
Speaker 3: Be like that's when he does the crawl, the crawl part and everything, and I'm like, okay, I'm like, Riggins, calm down, this is a this is a kid to watch it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I thought this match was pretty good. I haven't seen too many society Like, I know who he is and everything, but I haven't seen like too many of his matches because I haven't really watched that product for like a while now. But Riggins, I think he did a good job. And I think the lessons because I know you don't watch LFG. The one thing they told Riggins what he has to do. He always looks good when he's wrestling.
Speaker 3: He has to start making the other person looks good too, even in even in defeat, and I thought he did a good job in.
Speaker 5: Plus Sosaky, he's he's a he's a vet. He's a vet, so he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 3: So I'm kind of glad they did introduce someone involved because right now NXT's kinda they're still finding their way. We're introducing a lot of people right now, so it's like, okay, we can slow down on that put something them involve.
Speaker 5: So yeah, this was a good match. I'm talking about the post a little bit, but shout up, what did you think as a match?
Speaker 1: I liked the match.
Speaker 4: Shocked that I'm gonna mispronounce his name Olka until I hear it pronounced like fifteen more times shocked.
Speaker 1: It's his debut match. He didn't get the win, So I thought that was kind of shocking, because you know, usually you want them. But I think it'll be really good.
Speaker 4: I think it's a good way to introduce some other talent to evolve, so we don't have the same storylines with like Harley, you know, and I will say Stone was there too with this match. Why didn't we see anything with Harley saying like, hey, we talked about my match I wanted. So I think that was a missed opportunity. I think there too to be like hey, like maybe a scene backstage with the you know, in the foreman's office and him being like, Yo, where's my match? I think there was a there could have been an opportunity for that there, which I think would have been fun.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed the match.
Speaker 4: I don't know the wrestler personally. My husband did know who he was and he was like, oh, he's coming. He was, he's on the same thing he's come with Niraku, Like after n Iraq lost to Tony d we were like, he's going to rebuild and bring in his faction. So I think it's kind of nice here because maybe it's something just to get him used to this style from what he's used to, and I think he might only be in here for a cup of coffee and then get him up with Naraku. So I think it'll be really good to introduce him to people, especially when you bring in sometimes the new Japan wrestlers. I think a lot of people that don't know New Japan and stuff are kind of like, who is this person, where they come from, what's going on? So I think it's going to be really good. And if they get to like him and then he shows up with Naraku, they're not going to be like, what is happening? So I enjoyed the match, and I will say also, before this, we did have that Cale Dixon promo, so we'll have to go back in on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I forgot, yeah, the yeah, yeah, that's segment. Yeah, yeah, I forgot all about that.
Speaker 3: It was really funny to you, So we're gonna talk about that in one second. After I talked about Riggins, I do, I do agree with you, but I guess because I was in the military, I was just thinking, Okay, maybe there's some type of Chada command protocol.
Speaker 5: But you're right, he's still went over to say, hey, where's my match? Just go like okay, what the foreman like before he got in.
Speaker 1: The ring or something, or after the match been like, Yo, where's my I just think there was a missed opportunity because when Thatcher was like I'll call Stone and see what I can do.
Speaker 5: Stones right there like this, Hey what wait?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 5: What's gonna happen? That? Did he call you? Yeah? I guess he could have just like did that like real quick. They didn't have to wait for an answer. You could just like did it and then Stone gonna be like, hey, you know, I'm like just do some hand moments like like I'm busy. Yeah, So you're right about that.
Speaker 3: But I do like the fact and I don't wonder if I it's gonna pop invite at this moment. After the match, we had an interview, but it wasn't Chewie. We got Rizzo as what what they they gave it. She actually has a title, So I guess the che's probably still there, but they I guess he's like an on site reporter type situation.
Speaker 4: I forgot what her actually, Yeah, I have to go back and probably just see that graphic there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they actually the title, Yeah, so its not like so I really think I think she was probably still there, but just introduce her so we could probably mix it up a little bit, kind of like on on NXT how we got the new reporter there, so I think it's something similar to that. But she was interviewing Riggins and Riggins and this is what I'm saying, This is how I think this is definitely a new taping from like last week.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's part of the same thing.
Speaker 3: Riggors like, yeah, Kim has my back, I have Cam's back, but for now I'm gonna be doing this on my own, basically kind of saying that Cam isn't gonna be on Evolve like that or whatever, like maybe he might show up, kind of like he still wants he still wants Tate Wilder. He's still calling him out. He keeps interfering in.
Speaker 5: His business, even though he just showed up for like three seconds everything, And he.
Speaker 3: Kind of teased that maybe he might have to find him on NXT. He said, like wherever Tate's at.
Speaker 5: So never know.
Speaker 3: But it was just I was really surprised when Rizzo was there because Alix was a little bit ahead of me on the show. So he was like, he decaid, you want to see my reaction because I was like, oh my god, it's Rizzo and she's been doing this for months on her own anyway. So I think it was a good good thing that she now she's on here doing something even though you're hurt, like or if she's not hurt, if they're not doing anything whatever, like hey, she could do this and she's been doing it anyway, So what did you think about this?
Speaker 5: This whole Rizzo in interviewing and all that good stuff. I thought it was.
Speaker 4: Great because you never know, like really what's going on with an injury because until the unless the person comes out and says, hey, this is what it is, and maybe this is something that she's like, hey, I don't want to risk it again, I want to go back to doing this.
Speaker 1: Or could just be getting her feet wet.
Speaker 4: She could have just been Chee. You might just have had a PTO day and been like, hey, can you fill in? So I think it's gonna be really telling the next few episodes if we see Chewy, if we see her, if we see a combo of both. I think it would be nice to have a variety, even if it's her and Chewy, Yeah, to have a variety there for reporting. But it was really nice to see her, you know, And it may be something that she's just like, Hey, I can't do the physical stuff anymore, but I still want to be around and be involved. So it was really nice to see her. So it was gonna be exciting to see if we see more of her.
Speaker 1: If it was a one off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And for me the first time I saw Rizzo, you know who I thought about, Corey Graves, Cory Grady people, for those you know, Corey Graves is clear. To Russell, he has been cleared, but he's probably thinking, Hey, I got a nice gig going on, get to travel, don't have to hurt my body.
Speaker 5: I'm still on TV.
Speaker 3: And he is one like he is one of the best commentators in WWE, the color commentators. And I get why he was mad with the McAfee thing. I do get it and everything because you would think it would be him and he kind of got passed over.
Speaker 5: But I get it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, look at his skill set. He does coller on the main roster, he does played by play on Triple A.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he can do it all. You can do it.
Speaker 1: He's great, you know, and those f fives he took from Rock that was him. He's like, I'm going out on paternity leave.
Speaker 4: Let's have some fun with that and I and I think I still remember everybody's reaction because they were convinced he was getting back in the ring and he was like, nah, I just wanted.
Speaker 1: To do it for fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I like that and everything. So Rizzo, kudos do you And you've been doing it anywhere on your own. It's like, okay, people have taken notice.
Speaker 3: Of your hard work and now you're on Now you're doing what you were doing anyway, and you never know, you never know.
Speaker 5: Maybe you might I might like maybe it's more job security, who knows.
Speaker 4: Or she could do like you know, every now and then, who was it we saw Kathy Kelly took that one. Yeah, it took that random bump pre pre mania or something. Maybe it's something like that that they're putting her in because it's like, hey, we want to do something crazy here take a bump here during these segments. You know, Chew, we might not have you know, the training to do it, but if you're like, hey, if we want to do something let's have some fun someone in there that can.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So that that was good.
Speaker 3: And I did like the fact that riggins because everybody knows I'm a fan of Disney bullies. They did mention it on Commed teams like yeahs he's a bully. He goes out like give people wedgies and stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, whatever.
Speaker 3: But the fact that him and Candor's still a team but not really a team, so I like that they're still cool with each other. And I like that just because you're on a different brand or whatever doesn't mean you got to completely kill everything who almost falls something for later in the show when I says that.
Speaker 5: But anyway, all right, let's go back to cal Dix. I always want to say Kale, I would say, I always say Kyle because I think that sounds like a regular first name. Yeah said Kyle, So okay, Kale Dixon.
Speaker 3: They had a photo shoot and this one I'm not one that show up the same photo shoot place when we saw and it's tea all time, which is the lights off because it really could have been knowing what TV budget.
Speaker 5: But like I'm saying, their cameras are a lot better. I'm like I told you guys, I'm like, I don't know, maybe we're starting to maybe might have our first uh all takeover like in a year or something like that, because now we've got the budget increased with the camera work and this is basically was Cale and what's her name? I've got her name, I know, but she was Quinn.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but they haven't named her yet.
Speaker 5: Oh okay. I thought she said her name was like something Quinn or Quinn something last week, Like no, okay.
Speaker 4: They're still saying business associates. So that's where I'm like, is she ballet? Is she going to be part of the division? And that's where it's like, you got to give us something.
Speaker 3: On who's because the way way those photo shoots are looking, because I was like, wait, I thought that was his business partner, you know that they were having like a couple's photo shoot. But it was It was cool though, So just see the arrogance and I gotta give of all credit like I like I did last week. Cale Dixon has more character now than he ever ever did in NXT, so it's actually probably a good move for him and everything. So I'm like, hey, at least he has something going on now.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just wish they would define what she's doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah to me, I think because we don't know yet, he's probably just the valet type for right now.
Speaker 5: Maybe he'll start wrestling like later, but yeah, who knows. But yeah, we gotta get we gotta get a clear cleversation of that at some point. All right, But like I said, a lot of stuff happened. Okay, Now we had another segment. Another segment that comes up.
Speaker 3: We have Elijah Holyfield and being trained by No I'm dark and I did like the logic behind us because he's like, look like Jenson did beat him and his last match put is more like a fluke and he wants to be able to prepare for him like something that he does I've seen coming. So nom darms like show him some moves off the rope. But it was kind of there, about to go into workout or whatever. But he kind of Jenson notices them working out. She's over there kind of I don't want stocky is the wrong word because he was just going there. But he's like, oh, they're going to let me just that's see what's going on without them knowing. I'm looking to see what's going on. So he's watching him train for the certain move off the second rope I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was the move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the move that caused Jensen to get the win, like that fluke and he was like, hey, how could I have gotten Yeah, like he wanted to know how if it happened again he could. And I really liked it because it shows that Elijah's like, hey, I'm still here, I'm new. I want some advice. Yeah, and Narm being this mentor to, you know, being like, hey, I've been around the block, I know what's going on. Let's work on this together. So I think it was really good for Elijah's character, and I think we're going to see a setup for a rematch between the two of them, So I think it's going to be really neat to see how he's like, hey, if Brooks tries this crazy stuff, I'm coming prepared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you told him like how to land he says, are you use your base and everything and that's how you kind of get out of it. And that was cool And I do like I like what they're doing Elijah's character because now he's starting to have a character and he's like like a real person and everything. They didn't make him because I was afraid at first they were just trying to make him a Keano Carver clone. That is what I thought, just maybe not as turned to twenty, maybe then dial it down to like eight or whatever. But no, he just comes up as a real person and everything. Yeah, he's jacked, he played football and everything. His dad's who, his dad is everything. But he really comes off not even using that like the name, I'm not gonna lie, probably help him get in the door, but he's really he doesn't rely.
Speaker 5: On that at all.
Speaker 3: His character doesn't rely on it. Just the fact his name's holy Field. And I get why he's not gonna change his name because that be that'll be crazy. But yeah, he's his own unique character. I liked it, like the fact and what I was thinking Earli about Noam Dar maybe being player coach was because of this segment right here and the fact that he's probably got like ten or fifty years on everyone there. And we know Evolve was for the really young people and everything. A lot of them like new to the business or they're trying to read to do something. That's what Evolve is. So I did like that so they show him the training aspect, so that was that was cool. But Jensen right there just looking like, okay, he's trying to learn some Now. Chance is gonna have to up his game at some point. And the part that I know Coach is gonna like when we see him later tonight when Noam Dart said, yeah, Jensen, he sucks because.
Speaker 5: Coach he hates Jensen. I actually like Jensen, but Coach hates different.
Speaker 1: Like I'm okay, but the whole entire like when he keeps adding to the bam bam.
Speaker 3: Bam, I'm like, dude, oh yeah, I'm like three, like the Keidan pelsketch, like three is okay.
Speaker 5: Anything more than that is egregious and you get flagged.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he he's there. He's also there even though he's young. I think of Jenson's like a player coach also because he's really good.
Speaker 5: He's a really good wrestler and everything, and I think that's why I really think that's why he's in evolved to help these guys.
Speaker 3: He's just happens to be about their age, that's all. But he's got years of experience. So yeah, so let's see that segment was over.
Speaker 5: So I believe we had another segment. I believe with this, that's right. This is what made me okay.
Speaker 3: Before I even talk about the segment, I was like, Thatcher, why do you have so much animosity to the mog squad for just winning their match? But Security was the one that acted the full last week. Basically, they didn't really quit. You fired them, and they're just like, we're not leaving it. I'm like, I don't even these are the guys you should have been mad at.
Speaker 5: So I don't know. So we had a Victor and Cheeto Ash.
Speaker 1: I think his name is, yeah, mister Tiffany Stratton.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Tiffany Stratton's new boo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they kind of promo. It was okay to me. It was like it was good enough to introduce them to the group. But you know, it was just it was okay. What I kept marveling at is a cinematography of it all because of normal like last week's If they would did this last week, it would look completely different.
Speaker 5: But they did. It's like now it looks like, I don't know, maybe he stole some maybe NX got new equipment, so they gotta hand me down NXT equipment because I'm like.
Speaker 3: The production value was, uh, it was pretty good for all the segments. All the back seguments look different than the end ring. Actually, they all like it was.
Speaker 5: Like just a high just the difference between a high quality camera will do because they've done segments before, but it just looks better now.
Speaker 3: So it was like it was it was all right and everything it is that we knew this was gonna happen at some point for these guys, but them being fired but still being around, we have to some explained. I mean, you don't have like I don't know, something called a lock or whatever on the door. Yeah, it's like there's something to be like, hey, you can't come in here. You know, the crowd has to have a ticket, they have their credentials. You just maybe these don't leave maybe, like I don't know, And that's what.
Speaker 4: I kind of want to see. If they're kind of like we're here and we're not leaving. I don't want to see them have scheduled matches. I want to see them come in and create chaos, like interrupt a match, be like we demand a match, we challenge, you know what I mean. So if they're gonna be here, I don't want to be said, oh, next week I said a bash between No, yeah, yeah, let them just be chaos incarnate running around until a Thatcher was probably like, okay, fine, here you go, and then give them a tag like an actual match, but I do.
Speaker 1: It's like, I just want to see them just be chaos incarnate.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think one way to get around it is just have them on Brexit Cole's payroll. So at least it's a way of why they're how they're here. And then at some point you're gonna have to offer him up a contract or something. Maybe they have to beat you know something, but like and that gives Brexit Coles something else to do.
Speaker 5: Now, it's like, okay, give him a factor. Let's see what you can do.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna be the A faction, you'll be the F faction the because the A factor is the mob squad right now. So when they're doing their main event stuff, their main event few, it's like, oh, we got this other thing brewing back there too, just to get some people to sian. It's what I hope they do, but hell, the way they might do it, you never know. Cal Dixon might bring him in because we don't know a whole lot about him. Maybe might right so, but who knows.
Speaker 5: But I thought it was I just thought it was okay. I did like the production value, but they didn't really do how much. They just introduced themselves for real, gave themselves last names, and that I was about it. So we'll see.
Speaker 3: And I will say one thing to I am a little bit biased with Victor because I did see Victor Russell back in November. I guess Mike the Ruder that's also known now as Jordan Van Dukes. And when I saw Jordan Van Dukes, I was telling everybody on the Evolved podcast, I'm like, Hey, this is this guy. He's this super muscular dude. I don't remember what his name is, but he was awesome. But he did not win that match. He looked great if Victor beat him.
Speaker 5: And I haven't liked Victor so not that he actually DICADU my guy. So it's like I have it out for Victor. But anyway, all right, let's go to the next segment.
Speaker 1: Okay, the main event.
Speaker 5: Why do I thought something else? What we maybe maybe passage? Weren't they stopped the women's planning at one point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was that they do it on NXT. It was earlier in the day. It was earlier in the episode, but it was like that they do it on NXT too, where it's like that hidden like someone's like filming on their cell phone. Yeah, it was uh, Gianna Veronica, which I still want to call her by her I still want to call her by her enny name.
Speaker 4: So I have to like look every single time and uh sloan in the locker room, like chit chat.
Speaker 5: The women's locker room, and we saw it from the outside of a door looking through it. That's why I said it was creepy because ye in the locker room, we were like outside of the locker room looking through a glass door to the locker room, which made it and it was like not the whole doors, like kind of you're like kind of peeping with your eyes like overs.
Speaker 7: And they do it on.
Speaker 1: NXT every now and then. And I forget what they call They didn't give this segment the same, They just had it there, but on NXT they have a name for it or something. Late they're like, oh, we got this from I don't remember what it is.
Speaker 5: It's like an anonymous not something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And that's what it reminded me of. But I thought it was really strong.
Speaker 4: The thing that I found about it that was strange was like, it was the three women that we knew were going to be at the celebration. Why was it not with the women that showed up to the celebration instead of being like, hey, you know, I don't know, it just was really weird.
Speaker 5: Xena Sterling showed up and they were just looking at her like what are you doing here? Oh?
Speaker 3: And also the women's locker room we saw from a different angle than we normally do. They do some cool camera tricks to make it look like it's not NXT, but you can see the.
Speaker 1: Fridges that's in the background all those segments.
Speaker 5: It was like, oh, okay, okay, so this is the locker room. Okay, different the break room?
Speaker 1: How many times?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So so that was cool. So Xena Sterling was there, they wanted basically like oh what are you doing here? In that was it.
Speaker 3: It was like that was was just really short and sweet. So just just throw that out there and everything. So now I believe that's I think we've covered everything. So now we have the quasi main event, since it wasn't really a match, but we have the main of it, what everybody's here for. What my thumb nail on my live stream was the celebration of the Kida lines, because that's what.
Speaker 5: We're all here for. So we had standing to ring the same aforementioned women.
Speaker 3: We had Haven, we had Capri, and we had Sloan Jacob's in the ring and I'm glad they had the plants because that's her thing.
Speaker 5: So they did have.
Speaker 1: Plants and tarot cards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tarot cards. The key the lines come out to her. I guess her old music. I think she has new music now NXT.
Speaker 5: But she sung her way to the to the to the ring like her whole no, like she did the whole thing up to the ring, And I thought that was kind of cool that that was.
Speaker 1: I loved that. I was like, you do it, do it all, do it.
Speaker 5: I thought she was.
Speaker 3: Gonna start with Oh, she's gonna do the whole like, Okay, she's gonna do the whole thing. I'm like, Okay, that's one way to do it, like because she did sing the song, so so I thought that was on a cool.
Speaker 5: Then I guess Sloan was there trying to get.
Speaker 3: The big invite for people that she invited was supposed to be a star studed thing, and then no one showed up. The key decide to go read her cards just to see, you know, what's going on or the future, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 5: And then like I did see your short and the Ghostbusters things like you know, it was crazy, like people just started showed up out of the woodworks.
Speaker 3: Let's see who was the first person to friends rens declare, which I was completed once that happened through my whole thought process.
Speaker 1: Off she had done.
Speaker 4: If you go back on her uh social media for Friend's Day, she did a thing. Okay, so she did a thing on social media because she got an invite, and then she was dressing up like she was Lydia from Beetlejuice and she had like three different cautions on what she was gonna wear.
Speaker 1: It was really funny. So it was like, okay, cool. But then I was like, all the NXT.
Speaker 4: People want I Ren, like she has nothing to do with that whole you know, alliance on NXT.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was quite strange that it was Ren.
Speaker 5: So yeah, because it was because it was when anything I was thinking of, just my mind kind of exploded because that was like the last person I thought was.
Speaker 3: Going to show up on on Evolved the be a potential challenger. Potential challenger, we'll see that. So I'm like, okay, we got Red that comes out next.
Speaker 5: Surprisingly, I didn't think about her, but it makes sense sort of we have, uh what Skylar Ray is that? Yeah, Skylla Ray shows up the winner of LG season two from what I've been told, because I didn't want season two, but I do know she went with Shiloh.
Speaker 1: Yeah I can't. I don't have any so I can't watch. All I know is like, oh, the season and this is who went. Okay cool.
Speaker 3: I want to say the last time I saw her NXT was when she tagged with Shilo during Christmas when.
Speaker 1: Her yes, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I've seen her since on main event.
Speaker 3: She has wrestled on main event, but that's not singing a whole lot because a lot of by the way, a lot of people from Evolve and XC do wrestle on main events, so you just never know who's going to show up when on that show, which I think is a good thing to just give them experience working the main roster crowd and stuff like that, so I think that's good. So we had Skyllery come out and then it makes sense but still doesn't. At the same time, Layla Diggs comes out she's thrown her hat in the ring for the championship, but she said now she's on her own, which applies because Mason Holliday for those of you who don't remember or don't know, Mason Holly is no longer with the WWE.
Speaker 5: That was her running buddy, her tag partner, So.
Speaker 1: Last week looks like it was her last like it was last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like now it's like with all the camera work showing, Okay, this budget looked like y'all did something between this week and last week. A lot of the continuity stuff that they kind of try to clean up in this episode. So I'm like, okay, that thing obviously was fill whenever that was filmed, and this is like the beginning of a brand new tapings and that might affect with the whole Kevin on Stage thing. And he was mentioned at one point in this episode like, oh he did a good job. Was a GM and I just thought I was on Evolved longer than keV on Stage was last week Unevolved.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. I was like, he didn't do anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, okay, well they threw it up. I'm like, he showed up. He was there for the first three minutes of the show and a video package and that was it. That was literally it.
Speaker 3: He did more of the week before, but at least they tried to fix what they could fix. I'm like, who knows what NXC had in store, So they fixed what they could fix.
Speaker 5: So I liked that. So as always brawl and shoes and everything, the.
Speaker 3: Three layers take off, the other three lads winners, nothing but Nikida lyons left in the ring.
Speaker 5: So that means, wait, Nikeda can't be left standing tall for a celebration. She's a heel who shows up, who's finally stepping up? That look like she's gonna be the main one. Lady shows up standing tall because when she was fighting Wendy, she looks shorter because it looks like she was always crouching around Wendy. So when I said, like, wait, that looks like waiting. Look, I'm like, she looks a lot taller. But oh she's standing straight up now, Like okay, I'm like, okay, that's what happens.
Speaker 3: So it looked like Lady Luck and Nikita and I believe she's still the ID champion. Correct or she is, Yeah, she's still the ID Champion.
Speaker 5: So makes sense. So now hopefully well start seeing a lot more of Lady Luck.
Speaker 3: So, Shawna, let me know what you really thought about this entire mortgage bard of a celebration.
Speaker 1: I knew it was gonna be chaos, and it was gonna be crazy because they always are, Like, as soon as you hear like celebration contract sighting, you know it's gonna happen. The Layla digs saying, I'm kind of like, okay, once again, we're going into like the Marvel Cinematic universe.
Speaker 4: Of the Netflix Cinematic universe. Here we're working same characters but slightly different storylines because on NXT, Layla is part of that alliance that Nikita's in, even though she's kind of trepidacious about, you know, her involvement there. But to have her step up now, I'm curious to see how that's gonna play out, because I was like, why is she challenging her when they're supposed to be buddies over here?
Speaker 1: Skyler was like, oh, hey, there, you are what's up? Ren?
Speaker 4: Still, I don't understand why Wren was there, Like, of all next people, nothing against Wren, but Ren just didn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: But Lane had posted that she was going to you know, so it was kind of like you knew Lane was showing up at some point.
Speaker 5: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved it when Nikita was trying to read her cards and she kept like putting the mike down and picking it up. I don't know. She was like yes, and then she like deal a card and be like yes. I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I was cracking up laughing at that, but I think it's really good because we knew we were going to get who was going to be her first challenger. Makes sense for it to be Laney, so to be fun to see her on there. But I think it's also going to be interesting to see if we're going to see Veronica not Fallon.
Speaker 1: I want to call her Fallon and.
Speaker 4: Gianna as an alliance together on there and see how that plays out. Are they just going to be like a you know, a Sloan. Are they going to be a friendship, are they going to be a group together too, or how that's going to play out.
Speaker 1: Since it was those four.
Speaker 4: So it's gonna be interesting because we know Gianna and Anya have a thing, Veronica really doesn't have anything going on, And I honestly did think at some point something was gonna happen with Slow, Like I thought there was going to be a sub was Sloan that Nikita was gonna like that was my first initial because she's like, oh, we won this, we did this. So I thought that Sloan was going to turn on Nikita. I mean, Nikita was gonna turn on Sloan. So it's going to be interesting in the next few weeks with Nikita with the title how Slow Is Is she still thinks it's their title, and how that plays out. So I think we've got a lot.
Speaker 1: Moving within the women's division that the storylines can really go anywhere. This set that up a lot.
Speaker 4: The men's is just kind of like, I'm there, but I think the women's I think this set up a lot for the women and it can go in a bunch of different directions, even across both brands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even with the Lady Luck, because we saw her the one that was standing tall, means that more than likely it might end with her, So maybe she gets a championship and somehow maybe lose it with Shenanigan's then we go through the other women.
Speaker 5: For some reason, it maybe not ren. I think that might be a little that might be a pill too much to swallow. I don't know, but they do sort of have a thing going on in NXT right now because.
Speaker 3: Of Kendall so and the only thing I can think with Layla this is okay, hear me on, I'm gonna try to cook a little bit. I'm gonna try to microwaves, all right. She's with the dungeon groups, the dungeon Dolls. I'm just gonna still call them all the dungeon dolls. Nikita kind of likes fighting people, almost like Apocalypse or something like that. So maybe say, hey, a little competition might not be so bad and everything. Okay, Nikita, you're the champion. Oh maybe somebody from this group might step up to take your championship. And they have, like I don't wanna say, a friendly rivalry, but if you remember any faction like back in the Adsuo era, like the Nation Domination, you always had the Rock and for Root kind of beefing with each other, even d X for a while when Triple H's trying to get the Icy belt but x POC was right there in the same Icy division.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it was like, okay, which one was better. Even though they never quite turn on each other, they did have that one Triple Threat when the Rock just walked down and got disqualified, which was brilliant and he was like, ah, they had them fight each other for real trying to get this belt and he just walked off.
Speaker 3: So it could be something similar like that, like Leilah, Okay, well, Natty's not here to save you type of situation, I'm gonna on that belt and you know, something like that, because they already are kind of side eyed in her a little bit anyway, because she doesn't want to do what he needs to be done.
Speaker 5: Nikita and Ren kind of almost makes sense because because of the Kendall Grays, the champion and Tikida had a thing. But that's kind of like.
Speaker 3: More like more like a flu. But it's like, hey, it happened on TV, so we could use it and everything. It's like, Okay, I don't like you because your girl beat my girl type of situation. But it wasn't surprise and really, who who should have been in that spot. I know she's don't with the company anymore. Carly Bright. That should have been Carly Bright's spot, the Kendall Gray if you're gonna do a Kendall Gray person she was supposed to be. To me, it was like you had Kendall and Bright was like Kendall was one A.
Speaker 5: She was like one B to me. She was like just as good as Kendall, but not quite as good as Kendall, And that could have fit that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, rend and showing up, Yeah that was crazy. And she wasn't speed champion at the time, and she still did to Speed champion. So you're a champion even though it's a speed championship, but still champion XT nevertheless.
Speaker 4: And also I will say this is another episode went by with nothing from the unknown.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's right, I forgot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know now where speculated she's gonna be one of those people that's gonna be vying for the championship.
Speaker 5: So but I do like that, I said, they don't they we we talked.
Speaker 3: About her, let's like not mentioned her until we kind of forget about her, like then she pops up or just.
Speaker 5: Have like little things teasing her arrival, like like when.
Speaker 3: People didn't show up, I was thinking, oh, maybe something happened, maybe that was an unknown thing. And that's actually when I Thoughtnikida was gonna like slap slowed for some reason, like you're ruined to my party, and there was the people that he says. That's when I thought she was gonna turn around. Then I didn't think she's gonna pick up her cards to try to foretell the future. But the women's division is looking pretty nice though, I will say that the championship division is looking good. And Haven looked like she's gonna be a heel because before it looked like she might' We weren't quite sure because it looked like she was wishy washy in the locker room when they had their with Anya and could have their little backstage whatever talk.
Speaker 5: She kind of like.
Speaker 1: And they changed her up a little bit because.
Speaker 4: She did do that like Fallen Angel thing, and she's been in like these like dresses recently, so I'm wondering if when we see like if are they giving her a character change or will she bring that out, which I did notice, like Gianna same looks the same as she did on the indie Sloan's a little bit different because Sloan did the siren or you know that siren character, but we really haven't seen Veronica, so I'm kind of curious with her going in this group.
Speaker 1: Are we going to get a character changed from her indie character?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that's that's fair because yeah, we really haven't really seen Haven that much besides like when they first when she first debuted, every other time we've seen her in more like a backstage segment or like on the Count, or like we just haven't seen her like Russell, like on Your Room and before we get out of here, I'm pretty sure you might have. Oh yeah, you've seen it, because I think they posted in the group on your Room.
Speaker 5: Okay. She explained what happened on last week's episode of uh of Evolved.
Speaker 3: All right, so for those of you who don't know are aware, she basically tried to do a dragon ball Z move on Capri uh last week, like actually the whole motion, all of it. It didn't nothing came out of her hands and was looking at her like she was crazy. So she broke it down.
Speaker 5: Of what happened. She says she was pulling what the woohoo energy out of the out of the sky, so that's what her hand was up. That's where she has the woo woo woo woo woo or whatever it is. Yeah, whatever, she says, that's the end she was trying to draw from. And then she was trying to throw it at her but because of light refractions and stuff like that, so you couldn't really see what with the naked eye. But they said, but how come it didn't affect her?
Speaker 3: And she said, because Capri has like on a lot of plot armor, so that's why it didn't affect her.
Speaker 5: I was like, geus, I was.
Speaker 1: Really thinking Gianna had a rebuttal today and she didn't. And I'm still waiting.
Speaker 4: I am still waiting for Gianna's like rebuttal on that video. I'm anxiously waiting.
Speaker 3: I thought what she was gonna show was the video that the one fan made of them actually showing it. So then, well she did it, and then she like paused and said, wait, it's like me wind she winded. She really, yes, she did do it, but uh, she has plot armor, so that's why it didn't work. And I'm like, you know, yeah, you're yep, you're really leaning into the anime stuff, which was great because for those of you are not aware, like with almost any show that has a villain, everything with something doesn't it's because of like, okay, how does this not make sense?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Plot armor? We need it for uh. You know that's why no real explanation that okay, because I don't know when y'all gotta read it. Have? Have you? Do you watch X Men? Shot up? By the chance? I have not?
Speaker 1: My husband has?
Speaker 5: I have not? I have.
Speaker 1: I would love to watch TV. I would love my My TV is literally wrestling and uh.
Speaker 4: Anything else that I try to watch that I don't fall asleep during uh is a good day for me. I want to watch it really bad because I love X Men. I mean, kamanam a gen x er. I mean it grew you know, so hardcore gen x or that can.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and my.
Speaker 1: Husband's told me all about it. I'm like, oh, I remember that story.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody that's listening to this podcast right now, all right, we're about an hour five minutes into the show. Spoiler alert, I'm gonna give a slight spoiler that happened on episode four of season three just.
Speaker 5: Happened to just drop as of this recording yesterday.
Speaker 3: For me, so all right, plot arms Okay, Towards the end of the show, there's you got Exavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse stuck in the past. Magneto, I mean, Apocalypse picks up Magneto. Oh Alex, make sure if you haven't seen it yet, make sure.
Speaker 5: You you beat us.
Speaker 3: He vaporizes Magneto right in front of Xavier because they're stuck in the past, and Dan instead of killing Xavier, he's like, I'm gonna be here forever anyway, Like I don't consider myself ants and walk by them now. Before this, the whole group went back to the future. They stayed because they were trying to save some people. Bishop shows up after this happens, gets Exavier, it goes back to the future. Wow, I'm thinking, okay, time travel Bishop, why do you just after Theavor told you this, why do you just go right back and get Magneto before he.
Speaker 5: Gets vaporized by Apocalypse. It happened like maybe three minutes before you showed up. You could you know, That's what I'm saying. Like, sometimes it doesn't make sense, like you could have just done that same way you went back in time to pick him up. Just recharge whatever you have to do and say that's all you have to do, just grab.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's where the doctor comes in, so the doctor will go back and be like, this is not a fixed point in time, I'll back and grab.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It was, it was, it was. It was crazy. But anyway, guys, I guess that's it for this episode. I had to definitely throwing the on your roote thing because I just thought that was so cool. All the of our people right now, especially the ladies, they're really on social media, really promoting the hell out of a and I like it. Oh hold up, we're joined by guests, not a guess, but the man, the man in charge. Yeah, we can hear you.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, thanks, you know Okay finally Uh yeah, I was one of you.
Speaker 8: Guys were almost wrapping up, so I just literally ran from the Superstar supermarket over here, so I'm here.
Speaker 6: Uh great analogy of X Men. By the way, thank you for that. Probably by the way, uh Magdino's body is technically not vaporized. It's left in the past.
Speaker 5: Oh because with the helmet left.
Speaker 8: So it was like yeaheah, someone brought it up like the the body did. This one was kind of a dick and not picking up the body. But okay if something was there. But yes, great show, everybody good one.
Speaker 3: Oh well that that's that's about it. If you got any thoughts about the show, We're just about to wrap up. But stood up for you.
Speaker 5: Go for it.
Speaker 6: CJ versus CJ. All we needed was a g T a San Andrea's clip.
Speaker 5: I needed to do that.
Speaker 6: That was funny. The fact that we have the anonymous person in the background and Xena once again.
Speaker 9: Did not pop up at all about the whole show except for one time she got mad left and I loved the little like.
Speaker 6: Rodica Haven was trying to fight her, but she already out the room, Like why do you bitch?
Speaker 2: Don't do that?
Speaker 5: Don't do that.
Speaker 6: We have matches for next week in terms of like female like women matches. We have Laylor versus this person, we have Wren possibly versus Johnna, and Skuyler possibly against Sloan, like they'll mix it up, which I do like that. They could do like a three three women tag as well if they want to do that as well.
Speaker 9: Do you guys talk about the backstage segment with the latch of holy Field and Jensen looking around like like like a villain from the fifties.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh my god, fuck you.
Speaker 5: Jensen also mentioned that no Dar said coaches favorite works. Oh Brooks Jensen, he sucks because he doesn't.
Speaker 6: Yes. Also, congratulations to Johanna Rizzo being the new reporter for Evolved.
Speaker 5: We did that.
Speaker 6: That's pe evolved with Peter Uflation. Gentlemen, all were gonna do is put out Evolved. So Jada Parker your next anyway take away. Let's let's get the ultros. I got a special ultro.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, all as as always got to take wrestling superfriendos for having us on. I am the end of Day's thirty three. Uh, we have Shanna Shauna. Let us know where your socials and where to find you at.
Speaker 1: So I am Shanna reads horror. I of course am on Instagram, TikTok threads. Eventually I will get my YouTube channel up with more than just my face on it.
Speaker 4: Uh to actually start posting content there. But you can check me out if you're looking for wrestling content and horror book recommendations.
Speaker 3: All right, I guess I'll do mind. Then we'll let Alex do his if he's still here. All right, I am the end of the Day's thirty three. You can find me at link Tree, Backslash and of the Day's three three. That's where all my social media's are at. My YouTube page is EOD thirty three Wrestling Hub, so that's where I do my live streams Monday through Wednesday. And Wednesday we know it's evolved Ay, so eight pm we do live stream of that live watch alongs. And like I said, link Tree has all my socials on it, so follow me over there, and you.
Speaker 6: Can find me on PDUWF Wrestling on YouTube.
Speaker 9: That's pu your Wrestling Recover, NXT Evolved, and Wrestling News on Saturday. Most likely the show on Saturday will be where is Troy Yearwood? He erased his socials. I can't find them anywhere on any platform.
Speaker 6: I'm kind of worried, so we're gonna try to find investigation on that.
Speaker 9: But ladies and gentlemen, when a rainbow jumps over our unicorn over a pot of gold, magical things happen.
Speaker 6: And for Chuie, this one's for you, buddy. Good Night, everybody.
Speaker 7: Go to the four Soldier of His name is Jillie Martinos, the man that gravitas and forgets. He was a reporter. He tried to be a reporter, but in the and he was checked out by a bad.
Speaker 5: So. I said
Speaker 6: Hash sag chewy sells hatsag, Bye bye Chewie hashtags, see you later Never Alligator