Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped dum.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice?
Speaker 3: Who you don't?
Speaker 4: Have them?
Speaker 5: Running?
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 6: Come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 7: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three old three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five is the number to call.
Speaker 3: We'll go right to the phones and see what you have.
Speaker 7: You can always call three oh three Martino twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four six six if you have a problem, question or complaint. This hour brought to you by Waterpros dot net. Water pros the best systems at the lowest prices.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I think.
Speaker 7: Was the deadline for that extraordinary deal for the whole house system. Maybe he'll squeeze another one or two in, but uh, you'll never get a better deal ever, under thirty two hundred bucks, fully installed both softening and drinking water. Never heard of a deal like that, But no matter what, he still has deals three oh three eight six two five five five four.
Speaker 3: Also, I want to mention Denverregen dot com for the stem cell therapy. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 7: It never astounds me how many people write to me saying, Tom, thank you so much for this. There are so many clinics out there saying they do stem cells, and I want to say something. By the way, stem cells are pretty good. You get a good clinic, you usually get a good result. The reason I plug Regen. They're sponsors on the show, but they were only sponsors after I used them and got extraordinary results.
Speaker 3: Denverregen dot com. They also do that weight.
Speaker 7: Loss semigluetide enter zeppetide for pennies on the dollar compared to everyone else, a few hundred bucks a month.
Speaker 3: Hey, I want to mention something about semi glue tide.
Speaker 7: There was a study done twenty three percent lower mortality rates with those doing some glue tide. People say, oh, it's deadly, it's dangerous.
Speaker 3: It says is that that's not what the stats are showing. Let's go to Teresa. Hey, Teresa, what the heck is going on? Teresa? Are you there? Okay? Are we on? Hello? Is this thing working?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 7: Talk to me somebody please, or go to someone else. George, thank you, Hey, George, what's going on? I'm starting to get a complex. Okay, go ahead, I hear you.
Speaker 9: I just called it to say it, thank you for helping me. I'll do with the home people.
Speaker 3: Oh what happened? Which one was that George? With home depot, depot and the washer, and you were not getting help. You were not getting help as I remember with your warranty.
Speaker 9: Yes, I got it, and.
Speaker 3: And so what finally ended up happening.
Speaker 9: Your name worked too, very well with them, and they gave me the raven also the man set them.
Speaker 3: Now I am so happy for you.
Speaker 9: I am much more happier than user.
Speaker 7: Oh man, you know what every day, every day, well not every day, but most every day, we have a success story here and there, and I love doing it. So thanks for the thank you. Now I understand another question, sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm the issue with the dental clinic and dental cleaning.
Speaker 3: What what is your issue with dent cleaning?
Speaker 9: The guy or there he I went to saying the board for a dandal implant for my lower teeth.
Speaker 4: So he's put.
Speaker 9: This, took an X ray and all that kind of thing, and then they put the screw which is landing forty five degrees.
Speaker 3: I oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I thought you were talking about a dental cleaning you're talking about implants.
Speaker 9: Yeah, implends.
Speaker 7: Okay, do you actually have And for those listening, I know this is probably elementary to many of you, but when we talk about implants, an implant is actually the screw that goes into your bone. That's an implant. A lot of people think the implants are too The restoration is on top of the implant and it's attached to the implant. So did you have problems with the actual screw the implant?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I have an issue with the screws.
Speaker 3: With the screws that go into the restoration to hold it to the or are see, that's another thing.
Speaker 7: The screw goes into the actual implant. Are you talking about the actual screw.
Speaker 9: I actually screw them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not the not the implant. Not the implant. A lot of people call the implant a screw. It's really not. But so are you having a problem with the thing that's going into your bone or the screw that holds the restoration to the thing that goes into your bone, the.
Speaker 9: Screw it goes into the job bond.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's called the implant. It's not called the screw. Okay, I know people think it's a screw. Okay, So that implant. What is the problem with that implant?
Speaker 9: Uh, implant, that's no problem.
Speaker 7: But that's crew okay, man, hold on, hold on, hold on. You are confusing the hell enemy you said. It is the screw that goes into your bone. That is called the implant. Is that where you're having the trouble where it attaches to your bone?
Speaker 9: Yes, that is a trouble.
Speaker 3: Such okay, and that's called an implant. You're having a problem with your implant. What is the problem, and.
Speaker 9: The problem is the dundist. I put the screw in a landing way that's about forty five degrees landing.
Speaker 7: And when I so the implant, the implant is put in at an angle.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, okay, right down. So I buyed case.
Speaker 7: Okay, now hold on, so the implant. Let me let me get this straight now. So the implant was put in at a slight angle. And then did you have your teeth put over the implants? Did you have your denture or your restorations done as well?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay, so the okay, did the entire How many implants do you have to hold your dentures or are they not dentures?
Speaker 3: Are they individual teeth.
Speaker 7: Just tell me how many of those implants that you have going into your bone around your mouth?
Speaker 9: Two?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 9: Two of the one on the left, one on the.
Speaker 3: Right, just for two separate teeth, right, yes, okay, got it? Okay.
Speaker 7: And the reason I mentioned that is because implants are also used as anchors for full dentures. But what you're talking about are two individual teeth that were put on, two individual implants. One of them was put in crooked and as a result, when you bit down, the restoration or the tooth part of it broke.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 9: You're right, sir.
Speaker 3: Now, when that tooth broke, did the implants stay in place?
Speaker 9: No? Oh oh, actually there is only one implend connecting with dender lower John.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 7: But did that did that screw into your jaw the thing you keep calling a screw?
Speaker 3: Did that thing stay there? Is it still there.
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: The screw came off, it came out of your jawbone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll go to my job on ready, put the screws?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, Jesus Christ, I am having a total meltdown here.
Speaker 3: George.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna take you off the air. Okay, We're gonna call you. Listen, your implant, the metal part that went into your jaw came out?
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, sir.
Speaker 3: Okay, And you think it came out because he put it into your bone crooked and it broke when you bit down. Okay, that is highly unusual that the implant would come out. I know the tooth broke too, Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: No, the tooth. Oh, I have to be pretty careful. The tooth did not come off. They didn't plant. The scruise came off.
Speaker 7: Okay, So the implant came out and the tooth is still on the implant.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, the im blend is gone.
Speaker 7: Okay, listen, I feel like I'm on an Abbott Costello.
Speaker 3: Uh skit here, So just put him on home just can Deputy Dot? Can you help him out? Look at you know, I guess, I guess. I I it's too bad. I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: It's just me.
Speaker 3: I'm freaking out because the guy.
Speaker 7: I know what he's saying, but I'm not getting a clear picture for those listening.
Speaker 3: When you go to a.
Speaker 7: Dentist, if you give a damn to have an im the implant is this metal thing that screws into your bone. Okay, that's the metal implant. When it's used for a denture, it's called an anchor. Now, if you have anchors holding on dentures, they put about four of them in sometimes six. If you have an individual tooth being restored, they put one implant and one what they call restoration. That's the tooth that goes on the implant. Then a screw goes through the tooth and screws that restoration onto the implant.
Speaker 3: So when he says the screw came out, I think he means the implant came out of his bone.
Speaker 7: So I'm wondering what happened to the tooth that was attached to the implant. But George and I, you know, listen, I don't expect people to understand what they have, but I was just trying to get an explanation. I'm sorry, Well, go ahead, doc, I think I'm having an autistic moment.
Speaker 10: God, highly unlikely that it came out of his bone. Doesn't that seem unlikely to you?
Speaker 3: Totally? That's why I'm asking.
Speaker 7: Totally unlikely his bone would have to break or something would have to break inside his bone that that that implant. So talk to him off there and try to get a better picture, and then we'll just let's just find out what the hell happened to him and try to explain to him those different parts and what he's actually seeing in his hand or if he went to a dentist.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martine. Kathy had a car accident.
Speaker 7: I'm going to take her after the break three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one.
Speaker 3: Three eight two five five and listen. I apologize for getting anal here. I was just trying to get a picture of what went wrong with the guy. We got more coming up.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three O three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phones, and I promise not to get technical with any other callers. I will just listen. Kathy. What's happening? Hey, you were in a car accident. What's going on?
Speaker 11: I was in a car accident on the twenty ninth of May at about four fifty four fifty five pm on South Wadsworth and I was turning on Waterton Road.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now that's a lot of detail. That's good. Is there a reason you mentioned the time of day?
Speaker 11: Yeah, because Lockheed Martin was getting out in a way.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: So I was making a left hand turn. I was in the left lane on South Wadsworth and a nist on Exterira cut in front of me and I had to put on my brakes and I thought, well, I better getting that far left lane to make that turn because I know the right lane and there's merge sign there.
Speaker 7: You know, it's really it's really weird when you're turning left. Now, did you have a left turn lane?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 3: And was there a left turn arrow?
Speaker 11: Yes there was?
Speaker 3: And were you turning on the left arrow?
Speaker 12: Yes? I was.
Speaker 3: And somebody ran a red light.
Speaker 11: Then, no, she didn't run the red light. She was in the right turn lane, which the right turn lane ends. There's when you get in there.
Speaker 7: She was on the right turn lane going the same way as you are coming the opposite.
Speaker 11: Direction, going the same way.
Speaker 3: Oh, and she wanted to go left.
Speaker 11: Yeah, she was making the left hand turn there as.
Speaker 3: Well, even though she was in a right hand turn lane.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there are two lanes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, two lanes. One's going left, one's going right. You were in the left.
Speaker 3: Lane, she left.
Speaker 11: There's two lanes there, Oh, going left?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 7: Yes, Okay, I get it, I get it. She was on the other left hand lane, got it. So what happened?
Speaker 11: Okay? So because she cut in front of me, I thought, okay, well I know that that right lane turn lane ends, and I better get over there in the left lane. I was on my way to a job interview. So I got in the left turn lane and it was kind of buy. There was an F one fifty in front of me. Yeah, and there was like a gold Toyota or suv behind me. So I continued to go, and the F one fifty in front of me kept flemming on the brakes. Well, she kept coming over.
Speaker 7: Why was she If she was turning left and she was in the outside lane, why did she keep coming into your lane?
Speaker 3: I wish I knew, Tom, you know why, because I'll tell you why.
Speaker 7: Because it happens all the time. I shouldn't even ask that. I noticed that when there's two left hand lanes or two right hand lanes, people don't stay within the lines.
Speaker 3: They drift.
Speaker 11: Yes, they do. And so she came over and she was like, I said, she's driving the nissanic Ster four whell drive. I'm driving my twenty.
Speaker 12: Nineteen Mustang Bullet.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's my car, and I'm the hawk and the horn and the guy in the f When fifty kept slamming on his brakes, there was the car behind him.
Speaker 7: Why why was the guy in front of you slamming on his brakes?
Speaker 11: I don't know. I think it was kind of like the traffic, or maybe my horn was scaring him.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 7: We're okay, so you're turning left. Let's just get right to it. The person on the right drifts. Did you hit that person who drifted?
Speaker 11: I did not.
Speaker 12: She hit me.
Speaker 11: She came over and hit me. I had tire marks.
Speaker 3: From there, and she where did she strike your car?
Speaker 7: You're both turning left, each one in each lane. She comes over to the left into your lane and hits you.
Speaker 3: Where she hit me on.
Speaker 11: The right side passenger door, the other the front cinder and the back cylinder had nothing but tire marks.
Speaker 7: Okay, so it's pretty clear. It's pretty clear she hit you. But is she going to say you're the one that drifted?
Speaker 12: No, she's not.
Speaker 3: She And by the way, I think John Fuller would tell us.
Speaker 7: Our personal injury expert why dash cams are so important. It's not just for personal injury accidents, it's for everything.
Speaker 3: So what happened then?
Speaker 11: So she takes her off, Okay, so I kind of slowed down. She gets into the lane that's in front of me, because you know, there's a single lane. I followed her down to Rampart Road and there was a car. She was making a right hand turn. Going down Rampart Road. There's a Safeway parking lot there, a huge parking lot.
Speaker 7: Okay, so just get to the park let's just get to the end result here you described the accident accurately. What's going on between you and the other person?
Speaker 11: So I stopped her at the rampart road. I locked her off so she could not make that right turn, and I showed her I had nine one one on the call because I wanted to exchange insurance information, and she pulled a gun out on me.
Speaker 3: Oh a minute, wait a minute, hold on, that's now.
Speaker 7: She must have really felt threatened, so you blocked her? How did you block her? How aggressively was that? To tell me about it, I just.
Speaker 11: Pulled in front of her. I kind of blocked the lane.
Speaker 7: And I thought, well, describe that she was. Where was she going when you pulled in front of her.
Speaker 11: She was making that right hand turn to go into the neighborhood where she lived.
Speaker 3: And how did you block her? From the left or right? Did you go? Did you pull across in front of her from the inside or the.
Speaker 7: Outside from the left which would be the outside, or from the inside the right?
Speaker 11: From probably the left, because I so.
Speaker 3: You went around her and blocked her from turning.
Speaker 7: Yes, I don't think that was cool at all, and I would have feel I would have felt very threatened.
Speaker 3: Hold on to that thought. I want you to.
Speaker 7: Finish and see where this story is going. I'm Tom Martino. What would you do, man if somebody pulled a gun on you? Whoo, that's scary three seven to one. Three Talk Probidenergy dot com looking for solar probid Energy dot com. Reliable people, commercial and residential. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martine, your troubleshooter, Kathy. This car accident is so strange. So anyway, the woman hitter took off us, well kind of drift did enter her lane.
Speaker 3: It could be the woman didn't realize it. Who knows, Yes, she.
Speaker 11: Did, because I know where she worked and I know where she lived, so she knew that right lane was in there.
Speaker 7: So you followed her and blocked her off from turning into her neighborhood. Once you blocked her off, did you jump out of your car or how did you approach her?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 11: I had my phone there and I showed her that I was calling nine one on.
Speaker 7: So you jumped out of the car and said, I'm on the phone with nine one one.
Speaker 3: Yes, well it's a non emergency.
Speaker 7: You shouldn't have called that, but anyway, So what did she say?
Speaker 3: At that point?
Speaker 7: She was in the driver's seat, She's looking at a woman who just cut her off, jumped out of the seat, says I'm calling nine one one.
Speaker 3: What did she do?
Speaker 11: Then she pulled in the gun on me?
Speaker 3: Now, how did she pull the gun?
Speaker 7: Did she get out of the driver's seat, stand up on a stand standpoint?
Speaker 11: No, she didn't because it was a tinted window.
Speaker 3: So how did she pull a gun on you?
Speaker 7: I want to know how you knew and if it was menacing or did she just let you see she had a gun?
Speaker 11: Okay? This is in the Jefferson County Shaff's report Sterling.
Speaker 12: Okay, she said.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no, no no, no. I'm asking you how did you know she had a gun?
Speaker 9: I was in.
Speaker 11: And I could see the gun in the the through the window.
Speaker 3: Was her window closed?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: It was okay. So when you saw she had a gun, what did you do?
Speaker 11: I told her I had nine one one on the phone call and we needed to exchange insurance information.
Speaker 3: And what did she say?
Speaker 8: Car?
Speaker 12: She did not say anything.
Speaker 3: Then what happened?
Speaker 11: The car in front of her took off and the car behind her was honking the horns. So I jumped back in my car and I followed her in the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, hold on.
Speaker 7: So when she didn't get out of the car and people were up that with the cars blocking traffic, you got into your car. And if you were blocking her, how did you follow her?
Speaker 3: How did she move around you?
Speaker 11: Well, she went ahead first, She's in that right lane and I was kind of sticking out there in both.
Speaker 3: Lanes, so you were blocking her only partially, and she she must have backed up went around you.
Speaker 11: No, she stayed in that right lane when the car in front of her when that light changed, oh got it went And then she started driving around in the neighborhood and.
Speaker 3: You followed her. I did you knew she had a gun?
Speaker 7: You knew she had a gun, and you kept following her. You should have just gotten a license plate or take a picture with your cell phone.
Speaker 3: But anyway, keep going. What happened then?
Speaker 11: At the license plate I had nine one one on the line. She was screaming at me, and she was telling me.
Speaker 7: To stay wait wait wait wait you said the window was closed.
Speaker 3: How was she screaming through the closed window?
Speaker 11: No, the nine one one operator was screaming at me telling me not to follow her.
Speaker 3: Right, and she was right? And what did you do?
Speaker 11: But I said, throws that gun out the window. I'm following her.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so ridiculous, Kathy. What happened then?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 11: So we went through the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you realize that this woman could have killed you?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 7: You understand that if she was a psycho? Thank god she didn't. So then what happened?
Speaker 11: So she drove through the neighborhood and then I understand she was on the phone. Don't know she's talking to her husband or nine one one. But she drove back into that Safeway parking lot. She parked in the aisle and there was a Douglas County Sheriff's office there, And why was she there?
Speaker 7: Why was that was the sheriff there because you had called or just out of coincidence.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I think it was something that she did on the phone. I was trying to figure that out.
Speaker 7: That I yeah, she probably said some psychos following me cut me off in traffic and I'm afraid for my life.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, then what Yeah?
Speaker 11: So the share was there with the light flash and they went over to her car and he opened up the door and he was talking to her and I was They told me to park my car. So I parked my car. I got out to look at it, and he told me to stay in the car, and I thought, no, I'm going to get out and look at my car. So she got out of the car and she was screaming she hit me, and I'm thinking, no, I did it. And then they took her off in handcuffs and she was arrested for felony menacing.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 7: So she jumped out and said she hit me, meaning physically hit.
Speaker 3: Her or the car hit her.
Speaker 11: She was in the car and she was told the cop I could hear it because my window was down. She hit me, And I'm thinking, no, I did it. I've got a low profile car.
Speaker 3: You go, okay, hold on, hold on car. What is the Mustang Bullet by the way, a bullet?
Speaker 11: Did you ever see the movie Bullet with Steve McClue.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, okay, but it's a replica, right, it's not the old one.
Speaker 11: The fiftieth anniversary of the Bullet movie. It's a dark Island green.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I got you. I got you. That's cool. That's cool. Anyway, look at this car. So what happened then that they rested her? Now what?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they rested her. So the Douglas County says, well, we have to wait for Jefferson County because that's where the accident happened. I said, okay. I waited in that parking lot four and a half hours for Jefferson County to come and take my statement, and I found out she did loads again, and so Jefferson County filled I filled out the paperwork. Of course, they hauled her off and her husband came to the parking lot. I think that's who she called, filled out the insurance information.
Speaker 7: And so hold on, did they finally show up after four hours four.
Speaker 11: And a half hours?
Speaker 7: Yeah, finely, okay, So fine, and they took your statement, going with your story?
Speaker 3: Where are we going with it?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 11: So they arrested her for felony menacing.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 11: We had a couple of court appearances and it was delayed.
Speaker 3: And this was Jeffco that arrested her.
Speaker 11: Right, No, Douglas County because that's where she pulled guns.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, Douglas County.
Speaker 11: Okay, Jefferson County did do nothing. She didn't get a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident.
Speaker 3: All right, So Douglas County arrested her.
Speaker 11: Yes, okay, So she got out on bail and I went to court a couple of times. Down there. I got a call from the victim's advocate Friday from Douglas County and they said that they're dismissing the charges because of self defense.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right, And I'll tell you why. I know exactly, because they're going to say it wasn't clear that she wanted to attack you out of the blue, and she was prompted by her fear. It's going to be too hard to prosecute. The woman did not point the gun at you.
Speaker 7: Here's what I'm listen, Listen, I know how this is gonna go and these district this district attorney will not do it.
Speaker 3: I know it, I know it, I know it. I had a.
Speaker 7: Woman smack me or punched me in the face one time at a public gathering because she was upset about somebody who the hell knows what it was. She punched me in the face. Now, I swear to god, she just punched me in the face. And when the people there called the deputies, they came, and this was Douglas County, and.
Speaker 3: They would not.
Speaker 7: Prosecute this woman because she said I looked menacing.
Speaker 3: Now I had no weapon. I mean, I don't know why I looked menacing.
Speaker 7: I think she said something to me, like you're a piece of crap or whatever, and I said what And so then she punched me and claimed that I was like and then her friend said, oh, yeah, he went to grab heror something.
Speaker 3: So here's the problem. You're never going to get an accurate assessment, and no one's going to prosecute that.
Speaker 7: They don't want this crap show in a courtroom. Well he tried to grab me, No I didn't.
Speaker 3: Here are my.
Speaker 7: Friends saying I didn't. Here's your friend saying I did. Then you punched me in the face.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: It's just they're never going to do it, never ever ever going to prosecute.
Speaker 3: They're just not because it's not that serious. Now, are you calling because you're upset she was not prosecuted.
Speaker 11: Yeah, in the county. I mean, you know you can, you can hit somebody's car.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, hold on, you can't prove it happened that she left the scene of an accident. That's why jeff go is not going to take it. She can simply say I never hit her.
Speaker 3: That's all. That's all she has to say.
Speaker 7: Unless you have witnesses or a dash cam, she's gonna say, well, I never hit her. This woman's crazy. This woman came after me. I feared for my life. And especially if now listen the Douglas County thing, I can see that being dismissed. I can absolutely see the arrest and I can also see it being dismissed. That was never going to be prosecuted because they'll never get a conviction. And then I can see if you don't have if you don't have that you have, I mean, you just don't have a lot to go on, Kathy.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's over.
Speaker 7: I mean, what I'm saying is there was no damage other than your car. Of course, now you can in your report to your insurance report her her license and all that and see if they can subrogate. But I'll bet you she's not admitting she hit you.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 11: It's in the police report.
Speaker 3: No, she said you hit her.
Speaker 11: Well, but I'm looking at Yeah, that's what she told the Oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, well then guess what, Kathy. Tell me this. Why do people have to believe you and not her? If she said you hit her, and you say if she says you hit her and you say she hit you, who should they believe?
Speaker 11: Well, she's got that. She's claimed she did not go.
Speaker 7: Over in the absence, in the absence of any witnesses. Kathy, I know you didn't call for this, and I don't mean I'm just discussing this. It really is a good topic, it really is. But you don't have a case here. You're never going to get her prosecuted. If that's your goal, it will never happen. But it's too shady. You want everyone to take you at your word or do a massive investigation. Forensically, no one's going to do it.
Speaker 3: It's not worth it.
Speaker 11: She said she had witnesses, and.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter. Neither of you have witnesses. It doesn't matter if you have witnesses. Is she coming after you? No, and you're not going after her.
Speaker 11: I've got an attorney. I'm going after her.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: Let me say this very clearly, Kathy. You're wasting every dime you have with that. Okay, I'm just telling you the truth. You're wasting money. You really, really, I swear to God, you're really, really, really really wasting money. And I wish I thought maybe you had witnesses or a dash cam. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 3: I want to talk to Thelma. Thelma, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Okay? The city of Fort Collins, the city cancel have decided that republic is going to pick up all the trash and Fort Collins what do you mean?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 12: Yeah, they're going to pick up everybody's uh thray and recycled in Fort Collins.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the city's going to do this.
Speaker 12: Well, the Republican the cancel have decided the republic.
Speaker 7: That's what I mean, right, So the city, that's right? So the city, do you pay for trash service in your taxes?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 11: We pay uh uh senium.
Speaker 3: That but no, I get that you pay a premium.
Speaker 7: But Fort Collins or the city is the one that decides who the vendor is.
Speaker 12: That's right?
Speaker 3: Got it? Now?
Speaker 12: The reason I'm calling is I don't live in Fort College, but I own a four plax an apartment.
Speaker 9: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 12: Then one Sunday I went to do some work and found out my trade can and the recycle can look on. So I complained and tried to find out what was going wrong, and.
Speaker 3: That Okay, if you if you hold on, I'm going to come right back to you.
Speaker 7: I got to take this break, but I want to come back and find out what we're doing here and how.
Speaker 3: We can help you with Republic. Okay, So hang on.
Speaker 7: I'm Tom Martinez, also ted you'll be interested to know about car sales in in.
Speaker 3: Longman in general.
Speaker 7: Hang on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped News need advice so you don't.
Speaker 3: Have to.
Speaker 1: Run ins as can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 7: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three o three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five here to help you with your problems of every day life. Listen, we had a problem in the first hour, really quickly. I want to talk about very quickly, because it really drives home the point of documenting everything when you're on the road nowadays. By the way, this hour brought to you by Frank durand the real estateman dot com for free valuations of your home to see what it will sell for on the open market.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: The reason I say that is.
Speaker 7: Because it is really important to know, and Frank urand the real estate man will tell you without any obligation whatsoever. And by the way, I just got this from Frank, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Pay Happy birthday to you. That's Frank's singing birthday to you. So I'm not responsible birthday.
Speaker 1: Dear Tom, Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 3: That's Frank Duran in the real estate man.
Speaker 7: So last year they made a big deal about my seventieth and I'm seventy one. So I decided no more. I'm not celebrating any birthdays. Nothing to celebrate. I'm out looking for my life. Where the hell it went? Somewhere because I remember being in my twenties.
Speaker 3: That's all. There's the whole. The in between is a complete blank. Okay, now speaking of blanks, and that's what Nemrod I won't get.
Speaker 7: To that film up as an issue with the trash company. She said that Republic was just recently contracted with Fort Collins and her trash bins are missing.
Speaker 3: So now what's going on?
Speaker 12: Okay? When I went on Sunday, I found a try scanned missing and no nuns. So I put some of my own tracks canned out for the tenant and then I contacted the relative company that takes care of the.
Speaker 7: Okay, can we skip to the part where you found out? Did you find out who took your bins?
Speaker 12: Well, according to what I could get, that Republic had somebody that came and took the band, and I was told they would suppose they have put new band back.
Speaker 3: But that's right that because normally they want to use their own. So what happened did you ever get new bins?
Speaker 12: Well, after a week, a week and a half, they finally put one band, one three tackle band and one trass band for four units.
Speaker 3: And that how many did you have? How many did you have before that?
Speaker 12: We had two big recycle band and two big.
Speaker 7: Okay, so I imagine if you ask them for more you can get them right.
Speaker 12: I don't know. I have not dealt with them. I'm going down the day compa.
Speaker 3: Okay, how can we help.
Speaker 12: You now we It said in the one of the articles that they band the trash band would be for debris, your debris and whatever. So I put one of my own hand out with your debris on it and they refused to pick it out.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, they will.
Speaker 7: Huh felma. Really, it's really simple. You can't use your own bins with these new trash companies. Well, I say new with the new systems, and you can't. Now I understand you had some lag time there. Can't you simply transfer the stuff they didn't take into the new cans?
Speaker 12: I only have one can and that is for the four tennis there.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what though, if you call them they I know they will gladly give them, give you extra ones. But here's what you might run into. And I want you to call us back. I thank you for calling, and I want you to call us back. But let me just end with these words, and this is this what you're probably going to find out is with the new system, whenever there's a new contract, these new companies tell the city how they operate, and the city approves it, you may find that you're going to pay per bin. In other words, the basic fee might be one of each recycle and regular, and then if you want two others, you're gonna have to pay for extras. If you find that out, don't be surprised. It's a new contract. But let us know what you find out after you talk to them. Right now, it's kind of premature to do anything until we hear back from you on this after you talk to them. But I would simply ask them for the two new bins three L three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Hey, there are some people texting me saying Frank Duran has a good voice. Really, I mean, I don't think it's bad, but let's hear that again.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I don't think where.
Speaker 1: Is it happy birthday two you?
Speaker 3: I don't know that's a good voice. I guess he's a good man. That's all that counts, right, all right? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 7: Next caller, let's talk to Ted about his car. Now, Ted, I'm going to tell you something interesting. All right, you ready?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay? In all of Colorado?
Speaker 7: Well, actually, my show goes around the country, but we're prevalent here in Colorado on the air, and the iHeart app of course, is elsewhere.
Speaker 3: But here's what I want to say.
Speaker 7: In all of Colorado, what do you think is the city that generates the most car complaints?
Speaker 14: Well, uh, long Mind, I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Long Line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, I'm serious.
Speaker 7: I once joked that there must be a recruitment program to bring bad car dealers to long Mind. I swear to God, it's unbelievable the disproportionate amount of complaints we get from that little community.
Speaker 3: Now, next would be Next would be Greeley. Okay, So what's going on with the What is the name of the dealer in Longmont?
Speaker 14: Well, it's a Stephen Stephenson Hyundai.
Speaker 3: They Oh, it's a Stephenson. It's a Stephenson dealer.
Speaker 14: Huh yes, uh huh.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 14: Well, I bought a twenty fourteen Audi Q five at the end of May.
Speaker 3: And five, what year?
Speaker 14: Twenty fourteen, Yes, sir, okay, And shortly thereafter it was using we found out it was using about a quart of oil every two hundred miles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's a two thousand, it's a two thy fourteen.
Speaker 14: Yes, that's true. It did pass the miss emissions uh, and I did buy an extended warranty through them. It also has some other issues that were not covered by warranty I sadly found.
Speaker 3: But why did you buy it without getting it checked out?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 14: I thought that the extended warranty would cover me for any any problems that I might have with How much.
Speaker 3: Did you pay for that extended warranty?
Speaker 14: Just under forty one hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? How much did you pay for the car?
Speaker 14: About thirteen thousand.
Speaker 7: Doesn't that seem disproportionate to you? A thirteen thousand dollars car and you paid a third of it, I mean a third of the value for a warranty it was.
Speaker 14: I was told it was the best warranty I could get for the miles that it had. It had just under one hundred thousand miles when I purchased it, and oh man, twenty five hundred miles.
Speaker 3: Now okay, So let me get this straight. So just under one hundred thousand, like how much?
Speaker 14: Under about three hundred hundred.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you had one hundred thousand miles for all practical purposes, yes, okay, okay. So with one hundred thousand miles, you figured I need a warranty, so you bought this one. I can see that. And then what I want to know is, so you.
Speaker 7: Did the warranty and did you read the warranty as to what it covers and not covers?
Speaker 3: Be honest?
Speaker 14: Well, I spoke with Chris Tracy, he's the finance director, and he explained the warranty to me.
Speaker 3: No, No, that doesn't count.
Speaker 7: You see, that doesn't count unless you recorded him and it was fraud and he absolutely lied to you.
Speaker 3: Did he lie to you?
Speaker 14: I don't think so it's hard to say.
Speaker 3: So now here's the deal.
Speaker 7: Let me just tell you in general why used car extended warranties are good for nothing.
Speaker 3: First, they won't cover normal wear and tear.
Speaker 7: Second, they won't cover owner abuse or lack of maintenance, and third they won't cover pre existing conditions.
Speaker 3: Now tell me what's left.
Speaker 14: Well, I understand that there was a class action lawsuit with Audi regarding some of their vehicles. I'm not sure if this one, uh.
Speaker 3: But that wouldn't apply to you. That wouldn't apply to you.
Speaker 7: I want to help you, see, I want to help you, and this is the way I help people. Sometimes I shoot down the arguments that aren't going to do them any good, okay, and then we try to pick something that will help them. So you hang on, let's go for the gusto. I want to know why your warranty isn't covering some of this stuff, because maybe it should. I think that's the low hanging fruit we try for first.
Speaker 3: Then we'll work backwards. Hang on.
Speaker 7: Remember when I when I give people a hard time and I want them to tell me stuff, it's because I'm looking for bullets to help them in their gun. Three oh three seven to one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your.
Speaker 3: Home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show, and Ted, let's get right to it now. I want to know first what your extended warranty is not covering. And by the way, people, you can call three ozho three Martino. That's actually our primary line for getting through to us twenty four to seven leaving a message. We'll get back to you three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. So, Ted, what is basically or not is what are the problems the warranty will not cover.
Speaker 3: Let's kind of list them. What are some of them?
Speaker 14: Well, the one that we just recently discovered was a fuel line to the fuel pump that is causing a vapor lock, and so that needs to be replaced.
Speaker 7: As okay, hold on, hold on, no, no, no, no. Fuel lines don't suddenly cause vapor locks. So that wouldn't be a warranty thing because it's the original fuel line and replacing the fuel line isn't going to correct that. So I don't understand what you're talking about. That the fuel line go ahead.
Speaker 14: I took it to an Audi dealer and Prestige Oudy diagnosed the problem. They said it was some kind of an overheating of the line. It was caused a vapor lock.
Speaker 7: Well hold on, okay, but that's design, that's designed. So how do they propose changing the design? Are they going to reroute it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I think there was an issue. I think on Audi's with that jewel line there was.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they're rerouting.
Speaker 5: It right manufactory?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Well, I don't know what they're doing, but they gave me a quote for twenty seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: Well, listen, I wouldn't do it. Hold on, don't do it. Go to another, go.
Speaker 3: To an independent, do not do I hope you didn't do it.
Speaker 14: No, No, I haven't done anything yet, all right.
Speaker 7: I would have that diagnosed, and I would go to Kevin Coulkin Shardan Auto Tech.
Speaker 3: Where are you located.
Speaker 5: I'm in Arvada.
Speaker 7: Go to Shardan Autotech and have them look at it and diagnose it if that's causing a vapor lock. If they can put a heat shield or something, twenty seven hundred bucks for that.
Speaker 3: What did they say exactly.
Speaker 7: They're going to do for twenty seven hundred By the way, actually it doesn't matter. I just told you what to do. Don't do it, and I'll tell you why. And because it's not worth it.
Speaker 3: End.
Speaker 7: It's also not a warranty issue. What else are they not covering? I want to try to find something they should cover that they're not covering.
Speaker 3: Give me another example.
Speaker 14: Well, I think that's really the main thing. I'm really sure.
Speaker 7: Wait a minute, so so you you said you had multiple problems, and now you tell me it's one problem.
Speaker 14: Well, there there are there are coil packs that are covering the plugs that are broken. But that's that's not a warranty thing that they will cover. So I'm not worried about that. That was okay, about the thousand dollars, so well, they didn't cover that.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 14: The main thing is that the oil usage. I'm surprised that it.
Speaker 3: Really now that Now that's major. That's major.
Speaker 7: Okay, So let's talk about oil usage. Oil usage in and of itself is not a defect.
Speaker 3: So what is causing the oil usage.
Speaker 14: Apparently it's the rings that are defective or not feeling.
Speaker 3: No, they're not defective. They're worn out, they have one hundred thousand miles and it's a German car. That's normal.
Speaker 14: That's normal.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, that's normal.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I see Audis.
Speaker 7: Let me let me explain something. Audis are not pieces of junk. Beamers are not pieces of junk, and Mercedes are.
Speaker 3: Not pieces of junk.
Speaker 7: But the sad truth, the saddest truth, is that they become pieces of junk after about seventy five thousand miles.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, now, well I wish I had known that before.
Speaker 3: But your warranty, your warranty will not cover worn out rings.
Speaker 7: That is a normal wear and tear. So so that's unfortunate. I was hoping we could find a defect or something here calling it defective rings. They're no more defective than my grandmother was at ninety six. My grandmother was ninety six, her knees were old and were they defective, Well then they were, but they didn't start out that way.
Speaker 14: So yeah, they want me to replace the rings, you know, but they'll they'll do it for around ten grand or more and so, well, that's an engine job.
Speaker 3: Once you open up that top, you do the whole top end.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well actually.
Speaker 7: It's not the top, is it or whatever it is. If they do the rings, you're going to have to do the whole thing. I mean, look, if you love.
Speaker 3: This car, is it in good shape?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes? How much did you pay for it? Thirt? You didn't? Okay, all right.
Speaker 7: It's not terrible what I was so, and listen, I don't I promise you.
Speaker 3: I don't mean this as an insult.
Speaker 7: But you wanted an Audi because of the thing, and you couldn't afford a new one, so you got the one you could afford.
Speaker 14: Right, Uh yeah, we we wanted an Audi, so we got the one we could afford.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, yeah, yeah, of course of course. Now just you know, some of these Audis can go, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm not sure you got completely screwed here as far as pricing, so I don't I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Like what you said, it was a twenty fourteen, right right?
Speaker 7: Okay, well okay, have you did you price them anywhere else before you bought them?
Speaker 14: Well that that was the Yeah, I checked on that.
Speaker 7: You're right, you were right in the ballgame, right in the ballgame, right in the book.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what it was, right, So in other words, you were not overcharged at all, is it? Now? They're they're very pretty cars. So is the body in really good shape?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, the body and interior is great.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to tell you something.
Speaker 7: Even if you had that engine rebuilt, which would take care of all of these issues, right, you wouldn't.
Speaker 14: Until seventy thousand miles apparently according to you.
Speaker 3: So right, that's right.
Speaker 7: If you had it rebuilt, you'd get another seventy five thousand with no problem.
Speaker 3: But your your transmission is next to go.
Speaker 14: So yeah, I understand. Yeah, I don't want to chase chase the used car like that.
Speaker 3: So no.
Speaker 7: But but if you're in it for thirteen if you're in it for thirteen grand, it's there's a very real possibility. And I hope you're sitting that you could be into this for about twenty eight to thirty with everything that it's going to need. Now, if you're into it, okay, So if you're into it for twenty eight or thirty, okay, and I'm not, I'm not, and everything else because that's everything, that's transmission engine. Well, if you love the car, that's I know this sounds crazy and I normally wouldn't do it, but you already bought it. What can you get let's say, for twenty eight thousand miles for twenty eight thousand dollars in that vent of that, that stature and that without you know, with virtually no miles.
Speaker 3: Now, what can you get for that?
Speaker 7: So I don't What I'm trying to do is not make you feel terrible. A lot of people say, Tom, why would I sing money into this car? Well, if you've already made the mistake of buying it, and you didn't by the way, you didn't overpay for it, So investing in it is all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Is not the end of the world. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Now, some people would say no, instead of that, instead of taking the thirteen grand and the seven grand, instead of taking like that ten that you know, let's say I said.
Speaker 3: You're into it for thirteen twenty three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so instead of putting another fifteen into it or more, put that down on a new car. And that might be wisdom too, But it's only up to you to decide but that will I'm going to tell you, Ted, that is going to give you major You're going to have not If you have problems, you will have problems. And right now you're seeing it, so you may want to trade it in. How long have you owned it?
Speaker 14: About three or three or four months?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: Terrible, terrible, terrible?
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, so yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 14: I just wanted to call you and get some options from you and see what any my options are.
Speaker 7: Take Never go to the outing dealer. My option is, don't go to the outing dealer. That's the first one. Go to a competent mechanic. Go to referral list dot com, find a competent mechanic seriously and take it.
Speaker 3: Somewhere where you can have it done reasonably.
Speaker 7: And if you want to just keep it afloat and eventually trade it in, the problem is you're you're gonna be on you know, if you keep it another couple of years, you're going to be at one hundred and fifty hundred and sixty thousand miles. But you didn't overpay, okay, So if you if you limp it along, don't do the rings and just limp it along.
Speaker 3: So what Okay?
Speaker 7: So let's say that two years from now you get seven grand for it.
Speaker 3: Six grand, seven grand. Let's say that.
Speaker 7: Uh huh, so it cost you three or fourth out three thousand a year to own it plus means, so it's cost you four thousand a year. And this is what I try to do with people. I call it math. Math never lies. So let's just say it takes four thousand a year, and by the time you get rid of it, you will have lost from your purchase four thousand a year.
Speaker 3: But remember you also had it to drive.
Speaker 7: So if we do that, that's one hundred and sixty six dollars a month.
Speaker 3: You see, so when you look at that, it's not terrible.
Speaker 14: Well, thank you for softening the blow somewhat. And I appreciate your honesty. You know, listen to you from the time you know, back in.
Speaker 3: The Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 14: And I just wish I could get the same directness from the dealership. But when I call them and leave a message to try to talk to somebody there, now.
Speaker 7: You know what, don't bother with them seriously, and you're gonna turn You're gonna spend way more money than you have to do. Not go to a dealer with an older car like that three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight heating dot com.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for.
Speaker 7: Someone to check out your furnacere air right now with honesty and integrity eight eight eight heating dot com, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks zero three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, So let's talk to uh Nick about mineral rights.
Speaker 3: Hello Nick, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know? Well, Thank you very much, Nick, appreciate it.
Speaker 9: I got these.
Speaker 12: I got a couple of les from Abundance r.
Speaker 5: E l LC oil dillers.
Speaker 12: Yeah, marcelling mineral rights to them.
Speaker 7: Now hold on, hold on. So you have mineral rights that you want to sell?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 12: I'm not sure because I got these letters in the mail first part of the week.
Speaker 7: Okay, but but Nick, I need to ask you something first. You do own mineral rights, is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yes? Okay?
Speaker 7: Are your mineral rights acreage or wells or working interest?
Speaker 3: Are they royalties? Or tell me? What are your mineral rights? Well?
Speaker 12: We uh, I live in a sub and they won't want to drill underneath.
Speaker 5: So you have a monola and you know how to do that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I understand what you're saying. It's called lateral drilling. But but I'm still not getting a uh.
Speaker 3: Do you literally have mineral rights right now where you're you are collecting payment or royalties?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: Okay, so you really Okay, you do have rights, but they're you have land, you don't have rights, So they're asking you they're asking you to give up the minerals under your land.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: And you're sure that when.
Speaker 7: You bought that sub in that subdivision, the mineral rights were conveyed to you with the land and the developer did not retain them, right because as a developer in my past life, I retained all of that stuff water rights and mineral rights.
Speaker 3: So you're sure you have them? And how much are these people offering?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry to purchase per one thousand functions.
Speaker 7: Hold on your your connection sucks, man, I wish I could hear you better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one thousand dollars?
Speaker 7: Did you say, let's try to get him back because he's about to make some serious mistakes if he doesn't know what he's doing. I've dealt with hundreds of thousands of acres of mineral rights and royalties and I can help them. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Okay, so here's the deal. I don't know where's that what we have? And this is really important, Okay.
Speaker 7: We have a lot of people making the same mistake over and over and over. I'm reading about it on every social media platform. People have been paying people upfront and getting ripped off, specifically landscapers, fencing contractors, and handymen, not necessarily big jobs, but twelve fifteen hundred, two thousand dollars they disappear. This is becoming an epidemic so please be careful when it comes to these types of things. Please, okay, I recommend no money up front paying for when materials are delivered, you pay for those materials.
Speaker 3: And then you pay as you go. Money upfront for nothing is a no no in my opinion. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know why the hell contractors can't do that. Well, come back to Nick in the mineral rights and all of that coming up. Dan McKenzie will help you with a will or a trust, even an LLC, a clever way to keep property that can go to your kids. Find out more from Dan McKenzie mackenzie Law. He puts the personal in this estate planning process. It's a firm where you actually talk to him and make your plan eight three three COO Plans. The website is coplans dot co. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Henry, he has an issue with a social security number. And then Jim, we're going to take you on a home sale too. Hey, Henry, what's happening?
Speaker 15: Hey dad, This is.
Speaker 3: Bulls Henri Dulcha and Henry Dulchase my daughter. Henry is Henry Bretts from Jay Bretts and Henry Brett's on Excel roofing. Yes, so you fooled me. I thought you had a social security question? So what are you calling about? Let me guess.
Speaker 15: Okay, Okay, I'm kind of freaking out right now. Here is the best way to get in contact, and it is a problem for the show. So we decided to stop buy a gun store. Because I'm living on my own, we thought it might be good to at least have like a shotgun or something.
Speaker 5: Why we walk in.
Speaker 15: Yeah, like just an idea. But okay, so that's not the part you're gonna be mad at. So I'm just wondering what we do in this situation.
Speaker 11: There was this guy.
Speaker 15: And we both thought he worked there, and he was asking, you know, to take a picture of the social Security card to get started on the information. And so, you know, not knowing any better, I pull it out and I put it on the counter and this guy he takes a picture of it. Wait a minute, Yeah, he takes the picture of my social Security card like on his iPhone, which I thought was kind of weird. And then all of a sudden, like he just walks out, like he just.
Speaker 3: Leaves, and so Henry's like this, dulcea, is this true? This truly happened.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we were at the gun store and then like we look at and then the two workers come back out because you know, one of them is like they just rent to the back of like ten seconds, and I was like, who is the guy that works here? And they said that they were only two working that that day, and I, like him, just wondering, how do I get that back?
Speaker 7: What do you mean get it back? You're not gonna be able to get it back. This guy's going to make a social Security.
Speaker 15: Card no, he took a picture of me too. Henry thought that was the weird part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because then he's going to get a license.
Speaker 7: So now you got both things gone for No, seriously, you're my daughter and this happens to you.
Speaker 3: Henry Brett's come on, bro, why did you let her do that?
Speaker 11: It was my fault.
Speaker 15: He's kind of freaking out right now. He said he didn't want to call you, but I said, my dad will know what to do, so you know it's not that bad though, right.
Speaker 3: No, No, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 7: Seriously, We're gonna put a credit freeze on your credit reports when you get home.
Speaker 3: I'll put a credit freeze.
Speaker 7: No, seriously, because then no one can open and account for you at all. What they may do is they may try to use your Social Security for applying for ab or something. They could do that, and that that's most likely what they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So this guy wait, wait a minute, this guy didn't even work there, but he was at the gun store pretending like he had authority.
Speaker 15: I mean, yes, but luckily this did it happen because it's just a prank for your birthday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, you're pissing me off. Gosh, I was okay, Henry, thank you for uh for being part of that. By the way, no more commercials for Excel.
Speaker 15: What he thought it was too far.
Speaker 3: I came up with it, okay, Well you know what.
Speaker 7: It was fun actually, and I know people were saying, this is your daughter and this is how you taught your daughter.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 7: It was fun though, because I'm now relieved. I'm now relieved. It's like when she said one time, Dad, I really did major damage to my car and Andy, when watch you go, I don't think I can drive it and it's totaled, and then she says, no, just the deer ran out and hit me. So thank you for calling. And she pranked me for my birthday. That was a good one. No more pranks, Katschina. If it's a prank, you tell them no pranking. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. I'm going to talk to Jim. Jim, let's get started on your problem. What's going on with your home sale?
Speaker 8: Well, happy birthday. Just recently I got a home sold that my mom had left my name on the title, and I took care of it for several years going in and doing new roofs, and a lot of remarks.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute, when did you sell? When did you hold on it was your home or your mom's, Jim?
Speaker 8: It was it's actually mine. The title was left in my name when she passed.
Speaker 3: Oh okay?
Speaker 7: And how long ago was that?
Speaker 8: That was in two thy twenty sir?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: And did you actually you said it was left to you? Did you change the deed to put it actually in your name?
Speaker 3: The title?
Speaker 8: I mean, yes, yes, sir. I think they call it a quick deed or something like that.
Speaker 7: I believe, okay, But but it happened at death. Is that when you actually inherited it? Did she leave it in a will?
Speaker 8: Yes, no, sir, it was actually my name was on the title, which I was surprised. I was trying to wait.
Speaker 3: She okay, So she actually did it before she.
Speaker 8: Died, yes, sir, Yes, or many years actually?
Speaker 3: Oh, damn it, damn it, damn it, Jim. You hold on because I'm going to tell you that was not a good way to do it.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing. Denver's Best rufer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 1: News you needed, that's who you don't have. Come running as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 6: Come MANX is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Three all three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go right to the phones, and then I will discuss anything else on your minds. I might wanna touch on a few things that are bugging the living crap out of me. I'm sorry, I'd bring it up. I'll do it in a minute here. Just anyway.
Speaker 7: Jim talked about a house sale.
Speaker 3: Thank you, okay.
Speaker 7: Jim talked about a house sale, and he said he his mom put him on the deed years ago. He didn't even know it, so obviously she died and he wants to sell it. Or did you already sell it, Jim?
Speaker 8: Yes? Or I did.
Speaker 7: It's important to know this, Jim, really important to know this.
Speaker 3: Was it? Were you the only one on the deed? Or did she put you on the deed with her?
Speaker 8: Well? It initially started out Tom under my father and her name yes, yes, added at some time at some point in time, and my dad passed, and then obviously it went into her name. And then when she passed, as I said, I was trying to handle her business.
Speaker 3: No, no, but here's what I need to know.
Speaker 7: It was in your dad and mom's name when your dad passed. Did your mom put you on the deed right then?
Speaker 8: No, sir, I believe it was put on but my dad was still living.
Speaker 3: So it was the three of you, and then just the two of you, yes, sir, and then it's just one of you.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir.
Speaker 7: Okay, this is this is very weird, and I'm going to tell you why it's better than if you were put on there alone. And let me explain this to people. Normally, when you want to put your child on a deed, normally you put them on the will or in a beneficiary deed, so it's left automatically when you die. If you put them on the deed before you die, they inherit the original basis of that house.
Speaker 3: Do you know what that means, Jim, No, I don't.
Speaker 8: Tom.
Speaker 7: Here's what it means. It means that whatever she bought the house for is the basis that you use when you sell it to figure out your taxes.
Speaker 3: If she did it the correct way, which would have.
Speaker 7: Been a beneficiary's deed or in a will, your basis would have been the day of her death, which is presumably higher than when she bought it. Therefore, you would have made less profit when you sell it, and therefore you'd pay less taxes.
Speaker 3: Okay, does that make sense to you? Yes, it does, because you only.
Speaker 7: Pay tax on profits above a certain amount if it's your primary residence, or above the selling price if it's not your primary residence. Now, but because she was on it too, you have a very weird situation. And here's the situation, without getting too complicated.
Speaker 3: When the three of you were on that deed, it was right of.
Speaker 7: Survivorship because after the dad died, the two of you took over the house, right.
Speaker 8: I would assume that, yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Therefore a third of the house has a.
Speaker 7: Basis of when the dad died, and speed forward to when your mom died. Fifty percent of that house, fifty percent of it now has a stepped up basis, So you're not going to be as bad as shape after selling it to pay taxes.
Speaker 3: Meet. Here's what I mean.
Speaker 7: Fifty percent of the house will be valued at her day of death. The other fifty percent of the house will be valued when they bought it. So you're going to pay some capital gains on part of it, and you're going to need an accountant to help you figure it out. Okay, But in general, what is your question when you when did you sell it?
Speaker 8: I sold it about I would say, five weeks ago.
Speaker 3: And how much did you sell it for?
Speaker 8: One hundred and thirty five thousand.
Speaker 7: And after all expenses? After all expenses, what did you put in your pocket?
Speaker 8: Well? I'm holding on to it right now, Tom, is a little bit of a story to that if I might share.
Speaker 7: Okay, But okay, okay, I have another question real quick before you go in with your story. You sold it for one hundred and thirty five thousand. What did your mom and dad buy that house.
Speaker 8: For I think sixty thousand?
Speaker 3: And were you living in it at the time, No, sir, I was not.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you're going to have roughly if you figured it out, you will have some You're not gonna have much, but you'll have some taxes.
Speaker 3: But now go ahead with your story. You wanted to tell me, I'll shut up.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 2: There's nine of us children, okay, And the request on behalf of my mom was to share, obviously in the value of the home once it sold, portions to each and every one of us. At the initial time the family, again, we kind of voted, and it wanted to sell for seventy two thousand to one of our relatives. I made arrangements, we did the whole deal, got it to the day of closing.
Speaker 8: That individual said no, I don't want to buy it now. So I went ahead and took it over and over that time put in i'd say about twenty to twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: When did you take it over all that I.
Speaker 8: Took it over in two thousand, let's see about October of twenty and twenty.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: Then basically you didn't sell it to that relative.
Speaker 8: No, No, they backed out of the deal.
Speaker 7: Okay, so this makes it simpler. So you took over the house in twenty twenty, and you therefore you had no money to give to your siblings, right right.
Speaker 8: Correct, sir?
Speaker 3: Did you move into the house when you took it over.
Speaker 8: No, I own a home in Colorado Springs. I'd go down there pretty much weekends, holidays.
Speaker 3: And you fixed it up. Okay, but who's living in it? Yes?
Speaker 8: I was letting a niece live in it rent free, just so that there'd be occupancy there.
Speaker 3: Who's living in it now?
Speaker 8: Nobody served because I sold it.
Speaker 3: Oh, you just said you didn't sell it, bro, So did you sell.
Speaker 8: It or did I sold it like five weeks ago?
Speaker 7: Okay, So you took it over basically when your mom died, you fixed it up, and you sold it and you sold it. But there's a lot to consider here, because first and foremost, without fixing that house up, and then you want your siblings to chip in in other words, you want to distribute what's left.
Speaker 3: Was there a mortgage on the house when you sold it? No, sir, it was clear, okay, but you want to take that one one hundred and thirty five thousand.
Speaker 7: You have to subtract the taxes you're going to have to pay, Then you need to subtract the repairs you put in it, and then you divide up the rest.
Speaker 3: Do you understand that?
Speaker 5: Yes, sure I do, but you're.
Speaker 3: Not going to get okay, So that's the way you do it. So here's what I want to know.
Speaker 7: Are they willing to let you be reimbursed for the repairs you put in it?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm sure of it.
Speaker 7: I mean, how much did you spend fixing it.
Speaker 8: Up between twenty and twenty five thousand?
Speaker 7: So let's say twenty five thousand, okay, So if you fixed it up for twenty.
Speaker 3: Five thousand, you're also.
Speaker 7: You guys are going to have to pay taxes on this thing because you sold it. Those taxes are due. You sold it for one thirty five. Let's say they bought it. This is so, this is so weird. I'm just telling you you need an attorney. But I'm going to tell you how it's roughly done. One thirty five okay, minus what they bought it for.
Speaker 3: Let's say they bought it for seventy five.
Speaker 7: That leaves sixty thousand dollars sixty thousand that that you made on this house, except you really didn't because half of it had a stepped up basis at the time of her death. It's very complicated the way you did it. Okay, So at the time of her death, what was the house worth? It was worth about what I think it was.
Speaker 8: I think one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 7: Let's just say for arguments sake, it was the same amount as you sold it for, so okay, and you can estimate on your tag.
Speaker 3: So let's say it was worth one hundred and thirty five when she died. You divide that by two, because half your basis now is half of that of that time it was sixty seven to five, and then the rest of it was their old basis.
Speaker 7: Again, this is very complicated because of her putting you on the deed. It screwed everything up. But you will have some taxes due, and on your half, you're going to have taxes due, all right, and those taxes have to be paid by all of you if you're going to distribute the proceeds. So you have to tell your siblings, you need to go to an accountant, and you need to figure out the taxes due and how much you're due for repairs, and you'll divide the rest.
Speaker 3: There's not going to be a hell of a lot left, you know.
Speaker 8: That, right, Yeah, I'm pretty much figuring that. Specially.
Speaker 3: Did you have commissions?
Speaker 7: Did you pay real estate commissions?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I did, obviously, you mean like the title company in realtor and all that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So you have to figure out even though you sold it for one thirty five, you didn't get one thirty five.
Speaker 8: No, sir, I ended up as about one twenty seven.
Speaker 7: Okay, So you take the one twenty seven and then you have to figure half of that will be gained to you, and you're gonna have to an accountant's going to have to figure this mess out for you. You have to figure out before you do anything, how much taxes do cause you're gonna have.
Speaker 3: To pay tax on it.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're gonna have to pay capital gains taxes because it wasn't your primary residence. Then you're gonna have to pay yourself back for the repairs. So let's say there's gonna be about twelve thousand in taxes, another twenty five in repairs, So you take thirty seven, say forty thousand, you take off of the one thirty five or thirty five, So now you're left. Let's say you're left with ninety thousand to split. They each get a thousand dollars. Are they going to be satisfied with that?
Speaker 8: Well? I guess it have to be. I mean, there's nothing else I could do with it? You know about it?
Speaker 3: Well? And is there a will that says it goes to Was there a will that says it goes to the nine of you?
Speaker 8: No, sir, no will. There was nothing.
Speaker 3: It was kind of a well, then they have to take what you give them.
Speaker 7: They have to take what you give them because technically at your house and you don't have to give them anything.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, And I mean a lot of people have explained that to me. But again, I guess that's neither here nor therea How.
Speaker 3: Do you know your mom wanted the house to go to all of you?
Speaker 8: Well, she said, just do the right thing once once? Should I pass? Do the right thing with your brothers and sisters?
Speaker 3: That's okay? Well, bro, it's up to you.
Speaker 7: But Jim, I highly recommend first you go to an accountant and then you go to you know, you don't really need an a state attorney. You can do it with an accountant, but you have to figure out how much to subtract from those proceeds so you are not getting screwed. You can't split up that money without taking what you're owed.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martine. See this is.
Speaker 7: The problem, by the way, people, when you try to do a state planning on your own. I'm telling you it's a big giant mistake to do a state planning on your own. People do that and they think, well, you know, it's okay, I can do it.
Speaker 3: I know what I'm doing. I'm going to do a quick claim deed and you end up getting screwed. We have more coming up.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 7: When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. You're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now let's talk to Carl about storage.
Speaker 3: Hi, Carl, what's happening?
Speaker 16: Take time?
Speaker 3: I do that, Buddy good Man, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hey't that much?
Speaker 16: I got a gripe and I got a question in regardless.
Speaker 8: These ex storage spaces, all right, ripe there?
Speaker 16: I mean you might have heard this Extra Space storage where they just basically price gouging. They don't let you sign any type of agreements or nothing.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait, wait wait, what do you mean, first of all price gouge, second of all, no agreements. Now that doesn't sound right. I'll guarantee you they have to have an agreement.
Speaker 16: I've been written for Estra Space stories for it eighteen years.
Speaker 7: Okay, And you're saying, hold on, you're saying you have never once signed an agreement with them.
Speaker 16: No, no, no, Let me back up into a little background. Eighteen years ago and we were managed by the owner that owned the problem. About six years ago Extra Space came in and managed it for them, And we can't sign an agreement or anything. You know, there's no such thing as an agreement because it allows them to raise the price as they see fit.
Speaker 3: Well, they can even do that.
Speaker 7: Listen, Just so you know, storage agreements are very seldom by the year. They're usually month by month, but they specify that people can raise the rents.
Speaker 3: Just so you know.
Speaker 7: And the only reason I'm doing this, Carl, so you don't see you don't come off half cock. Storage facilities are totally different than regular rental facilities. They can raise the rent anytime they want with the absence of a one year lease. I don't know of any storage agreements that have one year leases.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, like.
Speaker 16: I said eighteen years ago, I mean when we was written to the owner, we all had we had agreements, we had turns three years that if I wait a minute.
Speaker 7: You just told me, you told me you had You told me you had no written agreements, right, but you did have.
Speaker 3: They used to have They used to have three year agreements.
Speaker 16: Is that what you're saying, he reflexuble whatever term we wanted.
Speaker 3: Okay, Carl, you know what I'm saying is.
Speaker 8: That was all because I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying, Carl, is that I know you're complaining because this extra space is charge is keeps raising rents?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: Is that your bottom line?
Speaker 7: Okay, what I'm telling you is I don't think it's very nice.
Speaker 3: But they can do it.
Speaker 7: They can do it every month if they wanted to, and the market would have to say no, I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 3: I'm leaving. I mean, they're allowed to raise your rent.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so there's no such thing. I mean, there's no one to complain to about about you know, storage's price.
Speaker 3: Get exactly exactly. They're totally unregulated.
Speaker 7: When it comes to months and months storage agreements and rent.
Speaker 3: It's not the same as a residence.
Speaker 7: However, they still have to answer for getting rid of your stuff upon nonpayment and how they handle that.
Speaker 3: But as far as raising rent, if you're pissed off at them because they keep.
Speaker 7: Raising the rent and you think it's abusive, well then you can find another place that That's the harsh reality when it comes to storage arrangements.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Well, I mean, I mean they own a big portion of.
Speaker 9: The of the market.
Speaker 3: Have they bought up a lot of them?
Speaker 16: Yeah? Yeah, because of what they're doing is they're basically going in and telling these owners, hey, you know, i'll manage your property, and you know, you always get a premium. And and you.
Speaker 3: Know, well who owns the property right now? Who owns it? Is it storage? Uh? Is it extra space or is it the owner?
Speaker 16: It's the owner, he still owns it. But but but in their agreement, we don't have any more contact with the owner. I mean, that's that's in there.
Speaker 3: I'm assumed so the owner gave them authority.
Speaker 16: To do that exactly. I mean, you know, and and it's it's just it's crazy.
Speaker 3: My story is not even how often do they raise the rent?
Speaker 16: Uh? They play with it extra tom and the you know lyrically, Well.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 7: I need to know what you're talking about it? What do you mean they play with it? Tell me what you mean.
Speaker 16: From month to month? Like for instance, if I ripe and say, hey, you know what happened is they'll lower it down, you know, forty dollars and then two months later just go up with no notice, no nothing, no warning. And my situation is not as quite as bad as some of them. There's some elderly people over there, they have several units. Tommy just can't up and just move. I mean they might just walk away from all their possessions. I mean, there's people because you know, these people are moving in a small and they're moving out of home into smaller apartments, so they're having to go.
Speaker 8: To extra space.
Speaker 16: And you look in their storage space and they have all their belongings.
Speaker 7: That Okay, here's what I found out. I looked up the storage laws. I was wrong. Okay, they must they can raise rents monthly, but they must give you with a non residential month to month tenancy, they must give at least twenty one day's notice before increasing the rent.
Speaker 3: If you show now. But here's what I want to tell you, carefully.
Speaker 7: If they discounted the rent and then it went back to normal, that's not a rent increase, okay, if but if you pay a rent increase, they have to give you notice. And I'm sure extra space is not stupid enough to violate the law, don't you think?
Speaker 9: I agree? I agree.
Speaker 16: I mean they may be giving some notice on a we're all in a portal now and so.
Speaker 7: But it has to be Yeah, you have to be given notice twenty one days in advance on a month month non residential tendency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's something. I mean, that's something.
Speaker 7: But with you if you if you bitched about the rent, Let's say, and they gave you a credit, they say, okay.
Speaker 3: You know what, we'll let you pay.
Speaker 7: We'll take fifty bucks off and then the next month went back to normal.
Speaker 3: That's not considered a raise.
Speaker 8: Well, I agree, I agree, it just is.
Speaker 3: So what exactly are they doing?
Speaker 7: You just don't like the idea that they're raising rent basically right, I mean, bottom line.
Speaker 16: I don't like the idea where it just seems like it's a racket because Tom I went to him and say, hey, let me pay two years in the vand.
Speaker 3: Nope, because of course not, no, Carl.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's a racket. I mean, everything's a racket if you look at it that way. I mean, no, you look, there are no price controls.
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe you.
Speaker 3: Want to vote for Kamala Harris. He wants to put in price controls on stuff. No, I'm serious. She maybe she would pass the law that says no one can raise prices. I don't know.
Speaker 16: If it's not, it's not the right raising price times. I mean, when you know in a marketing land, I mean people are.
Speaker 8: Looking for stability.
Speaker 16: You can't stability if you know, I mean, what's you talk, Carl.
Speaker 3: I agree with Carl.
Speaker 16: You're right, it was insignificant.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's no stability anymore. You're absolutely right, there's no stability anymore.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and so you know, but I won't be voting.
Speaker 7: For but but I'm telling you I agree with you, Carl. There's no stability.
Speaker 3: They can do it.
Speaker 7: Twenty one day's notice. Sorry about that. Three oh three seven one three talk. Becky has a comment on this. Go ahead, Becky, what's your comment.
Speaker 13: So we were with Extra Space for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Cata Rock, and they.
Speaker 13: Kept raising the rents every six months, so they would send us a little notice card. But it wasn't going.
Speaker 11: Up just a little bit.
Speaker 13: It was like one hundred and sixty dollars, you know. It was just they were pushing us out basically.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what, that's true. That's what they're doing sometimes. But what do we do about it?
Speaker 3: See, I don't know what you do about it?
Speaker 13: Thing you can do is what I did, And we moved out of Extra Space and into an independent home owned lovely space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Castlerock.
Speaker 13: And what maybe they say the rents, they don't raise your rents.
Speaker 3: And here's the deal. Here's the deal.
Speaker 7: If in fact enough people do that, then Extra Space would probably change its habits.
Speaker 3: The problem is there are so many people.
Speaker 13: Own it's a franchise, but it's corporate owned, and they go by what corporate saf to do. Yeah, that's why they keep raising it.
Speaker 3: And there is no community anymore. You see.
Speaker 7: I'm not preaching against it. I'm just saying the way it is. There are giant corporations. There's no sense of community. And here's the idea. You get as much as you can as quickly as you can, whether we like it or not, that has become this that had and unless people say I'm not going to do it, go to hell.
Speaker 3: You know, they're going to keep doing it.
Speaker 13: I agree, and that's what I did. I was like, I've had it, I'm out. Okay, just find an independently owned company that's not a corporate you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's good. What's the name of the one you rent me. What's the name of the one you're rent from.
Speaker 13: I rent from Castle Lock Storage and Castle Rocked Okay, family owned and they have multiple close locations for each other. But they're clean and oil maintained, and they're just a wonderful family. It's owned by the Scott family.
Speaker 3: That's good to know.
Speaker 7: Beckert, thank you, thank you very much for the recommendation. We have more coming up. Three oh three seven on three talks seven one three eight two five to five. Renew Home Innovations beautiful shower conversions in two or three days with seventy two months to pay, no interest, no fooling. That's renew Home Innovations beautiful, no maintenance, stonelegh walls, glass panels, no thresholds, perimeter drains, grab bars, seats where you make them custom for your movements. Renew Home Innovations dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation, comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hi, Tom Martino you're a troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show, Edward. What's going on with your doctor? What's happening? There's?
Speaker 16: My doctor does not treat me right? And I'm a really old guy.
Speaker 3: How old are you? Seventy one? You son of them? Okay, so you're seventy one? And how is your doctor?
Speaker 16: I don't even know how I made it.
Speaker 8: I don't even know how I made it this far. It's like I've been trying to do different stuff, but you get to a certain age.
Speaker 16: Once you hit seventy one, What the hell are you going to do?
Speaker 3: You better be kidding around, bro?
Speaker 9: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: What is your doctor? Tell me what your doctor is? How is he mistreating you?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 16: He said, I'm too old to be doing anything.
Speaker 3: Now, now I know this is a prank, you creep.
Speaker 16: Happy birthday? Who are you and your partner in crime in Arizona?
Speaker 3: Holy crap, Mark, no, fooling man? Was that really? I never? No, I'm serious, I couldn't. I couldn't tell in a minute, not in a minute. Holy crap.
Speaker 16: Wowlly Kelly couldn't tell either. So don' that is amazing to me.
Speaker 8: Birthday to you, Yes, thank.
Speaker 11: You, Hey Tom, happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sus. And you guys are on your thirtieth anniversary tour. Yeah, we are having such a good thing. That is a really good thing. Do you love that place? Isn't that a beautiful hotel?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's really gorgeous. It's just small hot out here.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it is you get back to Colorado? I know it is.
Speaker 7: It is not quite the season yet for that, but yeah, it's wonderful.
Speaker 3: So anyway, thank you for calling.
Speaker 7: You appreciate it, Edward, Thank you, sus, Love you guys. All right, So John now wants to talk about Excel. I said, there's a way, no strings attached, no weirdness, save ten percent on your solar so a no excuse me, ten percent on your electric bill if you become part of the Solar cop But I have to take this break.
Speaker 3: And then I'll explain it. He has some questions.
Speaker 7: Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hey Tom Martina here, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. What's going on?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 3: What's happening? Hi?
Speaker 9: Tom?
Speaker 5: By the way, Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Thank you, bro? What's going on with you?
Speaker 5: So you've mentioned the solar co op ten percent off on Excel. I've been and at one point I heard you say that you had a brochure.
Speaker 3: I do have a brochure somewhere.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I went to Excel and I tried finding it on there to sign up, and uh was it wasn't successfully any any Can you direct me on how to you know what?
Speaker 7: When I saw that, I saw that you had called, and I looked for my brochure here on the desk. It's not I put it back in my briefcase. So during the break I'll go and get it. Here's the thing, you don't the way it works. It's I think it's called community or neighborhood Solar or something, but there are other programs that go like that. But here's what it is. You don't do anything except sign up and agree to be part of a certain solar farm, and as a result, you get ten percent Excel energy and completely there's no change whatsoever to your house. There's no change to anything. You do nothing except you get a lower bill. Again, it's a way that Excel is trying to encourage people to support this instead of doing it themselves because they don't want to lose you completely as a customer.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of weird, but it's good and it doesn't it doesn't hurt you. So I'm going to go look for it. I was looking for.
Speaker 7: The brochure, but I can have been the only person who got that brochure in the mail. I mean they sent out thousands, and it's not Excel doing it, by the way. It is another It is another program of people sending it out and I'm looking for it here again. I have one website's called Neighborhood. It's called neighborhood solar.
Speaker 3: But I don't think this one sounds a little different, but you might want to look it up.
Speaker 7: This one is community solar. Your electricity can do more than just power your home. Here's what it says. It says, how does it work. You join a solar farm. We connect you to a local solar farm. And they don't mean connect you, like literally connect you. And it says you benefit from the energy it's producing. Your utility continues to deliver your electricity, including your energy credits, which reduce your bill. So I don't know how the hell it works. You don't have to pay anything upfront, but I will get the link where you can subscribe to that if you want to keep listening, and then I'll put that. I'll put that up you all right, three zho three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: I will get to you on that, I promise. Now here's the deal. I wanted to talk about this, And again, I know you say that we probably talk about it too much. Maybe not, but I swear to God, it has become epidemic. People at gyms with their cell phones. I My workouts take twice as long because of people sitting on machines in between sets, texting emails, youtubes. What the hell is going on? I'm getting so tired of it. I'm damn near I mean, and management does nothing. I mean.
Speaker 7: You may think this is petty, you know, and they say go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: Yeah, rit.
Speaker 1: De need as.
Speaker 11: You don't have.
Speaker 1: Run anxious as can Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 6: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Tom Martino. You're troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's see what we can do for you.
Speaker 7: We have open lines for the first time today. So give us a call at three oh three seven to one three talk or three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six. Now somebody else is uh, oh no, that's not neighborhood solar. Somebody sent me something in error.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 7: This one is called neighborhood car storage. So that's pretty cool. What neighborhood car storage? It says, uh, it's it's a peer to peer Who sent this to me?
Speaker 3: Somebody texted this to me? Who is it?
Speaker 7: Let's see it is a check out this storage solution.
Speaker 3: So here's what it is.
Speaker 7: It's called neighbor dot com. And then garages near me? Fine storage.
Speaker 3: You put in your address. I don't know if it's yet here in Colorado.
Speaker 7: You put in your address and it gives out spare storage.
Speaker 3: Facilities people have. So if they have a garage.
Speaker 7: Or building or something, they can actually rent it out for you to store stuff.
Speaker 3: Think about that. A wide variety of sizes, lowest prices, they say.
Speaker 7: So it's peer to peer storage rental. That's a pretty cool idea. Don't you think peer to peer storage rental? So you are renting space in your neighborhood so let me just put my address and see if anything comes up. It says, put in your address. I don't think they have it here in Colorado, but I'm going to do it.
Speaker 3: And see a Yeah, okay, well hold on, let's see what happens. Fine storage, And it says, do you want storage for a vehicle, a camp, or a boat whatever. I'm gonna put vehicle or no, I'll put items and continue. And then it says what size do you want? I'll continue. Oh my god, yeah, it gives you all kinds of play. Wait wait, wait, wait, right.
Speaker 7: So I put my address in right, and I put that I wanted a six by six area to store stuff. And I get something from Joan who has a basement ten by ten fifty two bucks a month.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is a brilliant idea. Then I have James, he has a nineteen by seven garage one hundred and twenty five a month.
Speaker 7: Then I have somebody who has a bedroom. They'll still they'll let loan out for storage.
Speaker 3: What a super I wish I thought of this. This.
Speaker 7: This is sixty bucks a month. Somebody else has a bedroom. Now you can't live there or anything, but it's for storage. Now, I put in items right. So now if I want to change it and do a vehicle, let's say a regular sedan, and then I will hit it. Okay, here are storage vehicle for vehicles. Some people have concrete pads, others have garages, driveways, they have places for motor homes. I just can't believe this. So whoever texted me, thank.
Speaker 3: You on that. And by the way, people are texting me now on my Google number directly. It comes right to my cell phone.
Speaker 7: As I said, I appreciate people have not been abusive with it.
Speaker 3: It's been great.
Speaker 7: People have been telling me things like this and topics for the show, and also you know, asking questions. So here's my Google number that I have forwarded to my cell phone most of the time. It's seven four seven nine fifty two eighty. Now what that will do is that will literally.
Speaker 3: Ring through to my phone.
Speaker 7: I mean a text through to my phone, and you can text questions if you want to get on the show, if you have a problem. It's seven four seven because I like airplanes, and that's a big airplane, nine nine nine because I couldn't do ten ten ten, and I like perfection seven four seven nine nine nine and then fifty two eighty for the mile High city. So seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. You can spread that around.
Speaker 3: So this vehicle solution dragon, did you just hear this? You like new ideas? Do you think it's the coolest thing you ever heard? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 17: I worry a little bit about security, but yeah, I think it's really interesting.
Speaker 3: Mean, well, that's.
Speaker 7: You're absolutely right because we don't necessarily well, it's it's no different I guess than renting, like you know, a vacation rental by owner, right, I mean.
Speaker 17: B and B or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, whatever, So what you do? Here's the here's web it's neighbor dot com.
Speaker 7: But there's more. A neighbor dot com does more than that too. Neighbor dot com. Let me see is the main website and then you have to hit stoage. Oh yeah, there it is neighbor dot com and it says fine storage storage type.
Speaker 3: So I guess it is all storage.
Speaker 7: So you can find storage for items a vehicle, a trailer, rvcamp or boat, oversized truck, or a fleet. So you put in your address and also you can become a host too.
Speaker 17: I would think you as the host would have to pass some kind of background checks or something along those kind of lines to the where the people, let's.
Speaker 7: See stor come on host turn unused space into cash, make money from home by storing vehicles or belongings. List your space how it works, List your space, approve who rents, start earning. It doesn't say what I have to go through. So here's what I'm gonna do. List I agree, create an account. I don't know yet. I'm not gonna do the whole thing. But what a brilliant, brilliant idea.
Speaker 17: You get a couple of empty nesters and they got a couple of empty rooms in their basement.
Speaker 3: Sure, why not?
Speaker 17: So sign up to store some other people's crap. That sounds great.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's like, what an incredible thing. Now, So I started talking and again somebody says, Tom.
Speaker 3: You know you talked about it before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did, but I never really asked if people are I just pissed off.
Speaker 3: I swear to god, I just.
Speaker 7: Cannot believe how many times this happens.
Speaker 3: And if you don't go to a gym, you wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Know, right, because a lot of people have stuff at home they do okay, And that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: But what I don't understand.
Speaker 7: Is how rude can people be when they sit on them? And now I'm not talking looking if you want to rest thirty seconds in between sets, because that's really all you need to do is thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: If you do more than that, it's stupid.
Speaker 7: But in a minute, right, I'm not talking about thirty seconds or a minute now. Now, I'm talking about people sit down at a leg machine, right, and they do like twenty five and let's say they're going to throw three or four reps of twenty five or ten or some of them.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how they count, but they do their reps right.
Speaker 7: Then they pick up their phone and they sit there literally on the machine, I swear to God for six seven, eight minutes, then do their next rep because they get involved in watching a video or they are talking or tech well not really talking. Some of them do, but most of them text emails, videos and social media. So I really want to ask and really no smart ass remarks.
Speaker 3: I want to ask.
Speaker 7: People, what would you do? Does it bother you? So I'd like to know? And you can make your comments by text or you can talk to you can talk to me on my what you well call my YouTube more on the chat.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing.
Speaker 7: Oh, someone just said the downside to that neighborhood or that neighbor dot com. What if they stopped paying rent and you're stuck with all their stuff?
Speaker 3: What do you do there?
Speaker 7: I imagine everyone probably I don't know. Maybe they sign stuff in advance on what they can do.
Speaker 3: Because remember, now here's.
Speaker 17: The other stuff you do storage, So we're do and just sell it off.
Speaker 7: Sherry said, yeah, but can you imagine that that would be a pain in ask. Here's another thing, Sherry said, on paper, it sounds good until you have people storing stolen stuff, Oh my god, or what if they're storing drugs.
Speaker 17: I'd also be a little bit worried about what time they are allowed to come over because I work an early shift. I don't want people coming to my house at nine o'clock at night too.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't like the ones who are renting out a bedroom. There must be special you know, like you can only access it with twenty four hours notice, or there must be certain things like that. Wow, so that's neighbor dot com. I'm not promoting this, folks, don't say I'm promoting.
Speaker 10: But Tom, unless you get a garage with a lock, you're always worried about what's going to happen to your stuff when you're not there, either stolen or damaged or something like that. I mean it just I know it's cheap, but you need to be protected to some extent.
Speaker 7: Well should you'd really have to trust the people doing it? What if what if they're not paying their rent or they're renting, or what if they just leave?
Speaker 3: Wow? It it could It could be like a pain in the ass. Anyway, So.
Speaker 7: Anyway, three oh three seven to one three talkers are number seven one three, eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Then the other thing I wanted.
Speaker 7: To ask, I hesitate to ask, and I want your comment.
Speaker 3: I had a dream and in the dream, vividly, vividly, I was calling a phone number over and over and they weren't answering, and I remember writing a note to call this number.
Speaker 7: Now this was a dream, okay. So I got up in the middle of the night, as many of us do, as you're over fifty, and I wrote down the number, and I'm dying to call it, but I don't know if I should, And obviously Dragon won't let me call it on the air.
Speaker 3: Live because you get on the air. I know we can't call cold on the air unless they were warned and agreed. But I'm wondering if any of my YouTube morons, if I put it on the YouTube chat, I don't want to say it over there because then I don't want people saying, how how why'd you give out my number? I blah blah blah. I'll call it Tom, What will you say? I say, I got your number.
Speaker 10: I found it in my wallet and I forgot what it's about.
Speaker 3: It was written in the bathroom wall. I wouldn't mind if someone even told them what it is. I just can't do it live.
Speaker 7: If I'm gonna, I'm gonna put the number on the YouTube stream, but guys don't all call it once. But okay, it spells a word and it's a seven to one nine area code, so I'll put both the word and the number. But I'm wondering what this means. I mean, I have never had a more vivid dream in my life where I actually said write it down like like I mean in my dream, I mean, and I wrote it down in my dream, and then when I woke up, I said, what the hell I'm going to write it down in case I don't remember it. And I wrote it down the next morning when I got up for real, and I said, what the hell is this number? And I went online and I couldn't figure it out by googling it.
Speaker 3: Nothing really comes up. It just goes. He tries to get you to pay for those reverse lookups, but I want to know what it is.
Speaker 7: Hey, no, we're gonna do any harm if you call right so here, I'm gonna do it. I put down, I'm gonna put down on my YouTube stream. I'm going to take a break.
Speaker 3: If any of you do it, call me and let me know what this number is. I mean, doc, I don't mind you doing it. I don't. I didn't want to lie to the people. I want to tell them. I don't know. It's so weird.
Speaker 7: What if this turns out to be a long lost cousin or something. So this is my dream number, and I, honest to God, had a dream.
Speaker 3: No poon, no fun, there you go. I just put it up there. So we got to take a break.
Speaker 7: I'm Tom Martine, three oh three seven to one three talk Genesis.
Speaker 3: Total Exteriors for all of your all of your mold.
Speaker 7: Now they can do mold mitigation, mold detection honestly, people Finally in the business that I trust. Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 7: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 3: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're a troubleshooter. Three o three seven to one three talk. I found that solar brochure. I'm trying to find the website. It has a QR code on here because I'm going to sign up for it. And what is it called? Let's see and uh, that solar brochure says guarantee you elect and let's see here's how it benefit. It doesn't really give it us as a role.
Speaker 7: Now oh wait, wait here it is n as a Nancy okay, N as a Nancy N sun Colorado dot com like in sun Colorado N the letter N as a Nancy N sun Colorado dot Com. Okay, and there you can sign up I think for this program there now, this is the one I was mailed and I'm not sure. There are different links for different people.
Speaker 3: But if you have questions, they even have a number you can call. I'll put this on my YouTube stream again, but there's a number you can call for talking to a human. Okay. So this is solar co Op and I'm putting in down on the YouTube right now, Solar co Op. It's n sun Colorado dot com. And then the number is uh eight eight eight six nine eight thirty six thirteen. Okay. So if you heard that, it's on my YouTube feed chat and that's where I'm going to sign up for it. No fooling.
Speaker 7: I kept the brochure. There is absolutely no downside. I talked to my solar people. They say it's legit.
Speaker 3: If you're not going to have a system at your own house, it's a cool way to take advantage of solar and get a discount. Ten percent discount. Okay, So that number turns out to be disconnected. Guys that everybody call it. It's seven to one nine. Here was the number seven to one nine.
Speaker 7: Rethink that's was the number in my dream, seven to one nine. Rethink, So that comes out to be seven one nine, seven.
Speaker 3: Three, eight, four four sixty five. Rethink? Why would I have a phone number in my dream last night seven to one nine? Rethink?
Speaker 7: Anyway, I also talked about oh he hung up on the gym. I asked people about the gym, and some people are texting me at my Google Voice number saying doesn't surprise me. People are rude and they don't even notice anyone anymore, and they're all in their own world now.
Speaker 3: By the way, I want to go to Pat Jolliffe. Pat and Pat is my financial advisor I've used for years. Also, Uh, we're working on a project together, will unveil soon. When it comes to investments and anyway, from time to time we talk about the stock market because of what's going on. He's helped many of my listeners. By the way, and let's just talk about it this. They call it an irrational market. What does that mean? They say there's no rhyme or reason for the ups and downs? How the hell do you plan for something like that.
Speaker 18: It's a difficult thing. For sure. There's a lot of headline risk. I think with all the people that's going on around the world, that's really.
Speaker 3: What it is. That's a good way of putting it. That's it's headline risk. I mean, a headline can change things overnight, ah.
Speaker 18: Most definitely. And a lot of people are affected by headlines. And it's a very emotional market right now. It's very pricey when you look at the different ratios that are out there, and so you know, the SMP, the pees, you know, trading well above it. It's mean average, and so we always say beware of the reversion to the mean. And so you know, it's just difficult. You need to plan for these things. Volatility increases when things like this happen, and it's very difficult from a fundamental standpoint to really get a handle on valuations because you know, you just feel that things are you know, not particularly valued correctly, that they're artificially inflated right now. And then with anything goes up in the night, here come the prices and they fall, and to get caught up in that wash.
Speaker 3: So, okay, I want to ask you something. Then fundamentals.
Speaker 7: I mean, you're not going to make a quick buck here or there unless you know, you know, this knee jerk reaction stuff. But fundamentals aren't out the window, though you can still use them. Over time, they're going to pay off, right, good, good fundamentally like value is what I mean?
Speaker 3: Good value?
Speaker 18: Yeah, right, So there's good value that you look at the calculations you can determine if there's good value. When a stock price is trading, you know, at a discount compared to its future earnings, then you say, well there's value in that stock, and it's definitely for the long term. You know, if you listen to Buffet, he'd say, when I buy a stock, I don't care if they close the market for five years, it doesn't matter. I didn't buy it to trade it on the short term. I bought it because the company has people and balance sheets and income statements, and I'm smart enough to be able to evaluate what they are and believe in the people.
Speaker 3: So that's what he does. No matter. He never follows these trends, does he.
Speaker 18: No, he doesn't. He doesn't pay attention to it at all. He would not be a technical trader in the least sense at all. He's very fundamental in that.
Speaker 7: Regard, and technical means you follow the trends of the market, and fundamental you follow the trends of the company exactly.
Speaker 18: And so the fundamental gets back to the balance sheet and income statement, valuations and things like that. Technical is following, you know, capital flows into and out of the market. Maybe that what straddles both fundamental and technical would be the FED and velocity of capital into the market. And we've seen a lot of the what's happened with that and the fact the interest rates have been high, and now the Fed's finally starting to come around and seeing that they're going to start some easing, which would supposedly increase velocity of capital back into the market. So it's an interesting time right now, and there's definitely something to be keen on and something to watch as we go forward.
Speaker 7: So are most people during time like this? Do you mostly like to have something good and stay put for a while?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 18: I would akin to All boats are out there in the same water, and it's kind of a choppy, choppy water right now. We've seen a tremendous rise in valuations, and so all boats are rising and that just lends to some fear base that you know, things are going to recede once again back to the reversion of the mean, and quality is going to come into play in a big way, I think, as things start to adjust back to the mean of the market prices, and so you want to be positioned to be able to ride that out. You know, the boats with the stronger hulls that are more fundamentally based are going to be able to weather that storm. And you think about capitalization of large companies like you said, and even value companies that have you know, large valuations, they're able to weather the storm themselves better within with their own internal financing and they're not as susceptible to bank financing and and that capitalized rates from the banks and interest rates and that kind of thing, so they can sort of weather their own storm, if you will. Where the mid mid sized companies, the smaller sized company is going to be more susceptible to interest rates as they fluctuate because they're borrowing more of their capital and it affects their ability to perform, particularly in volile markets.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you something because I've never been into this, and I and people who do it are at their computer all day day traders? What do day traders basically just get in and get out in the same day, the same fifteen to twenty minute. I mean, are they they're not. They're not fundamental at all.
Speaker 18: Right, No, they're really not. And I don't day trade, but but you know, I know enough who are and it's very technical in base. And so once again they're getting back to a very basic sense. You know, they're looking at capital flows and trends of those capital flows into and out of the market, and then they're you know, calculating probabilities based upon historical activities related to you know, capital flows and prices and how they react to that kind of thing. And so it's an anticipatory thing based upon data, whereas you know, fundamentals quite different from that.
Speaker 7: Now, other than call you, what would be a sentence if you had to give advice right.
Speaker 3: Now in one sentence.
Speaker 18: Other than call me yeah, yeah, yeah, be wise and beware.
Speaker 3: Market volatility yeah, or or no knee jerk reactions. That's one.
Speaker 18: Yeah, just just just stay the course. And I know that people are sometimes tired of hearing that, and I say that with some caveat to say that stay the course. If you've built a solid boat, I think you know you can get caught up with you know, bad material into the vessel and you know that's not going to do very well for you in the long term. So you want to make sure that your valuation are good and you just feel good about that and that there's some history there and you know, not only with the company in its own performance, but how it's how it has performed in previous fall up markets.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and by the way, Pat Jolliff, thank you for being here, and I'll give out your number three oh three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven. Again he's not Merling the Magician, but he is i'd say, Solomon the wise man. So thank you very much, Pat, No, seriously, Pat, I appreciate what you do. And that's three oh three seven seven one help.
Speaker 3: We have more coming up.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank to and the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Okay, a lot to talk about on that solar thing and solar Ensuncolorado dot com Dragon pointed out, and I did see it. So here's what happens.
Speaker 7: You get solar credits on your Excel bill, so that lowers your Excel bill, But then you get a bill from the neighborhood's suns and you have to pay a discounted amount, so they offset each other and the end result is guaranteed discount by ten percent.
Speaker 3: Some sites say you can save up to thirty percent. Some people are saying that, but there is a bill you get from this from this SUN but this program, but that bill is lower than your electric bill, and then your other bill has solar credits and combined, I guess you save money. That's the bottom line. Also that number seven one to nine rethink during my dream I had last night and I wrote down it's disconnected or not used. People are saying. One guy said it's somebody that wants to know if I want to renew Mike auto extended warranty, others. But really the number is a non working number. So seven to one to nine rethink. I thought I was going to have some big revelation, like some long lost friend. What Tom, Yeah, yeah, but it wasn't. Claudia, what's going on?
Speaker 11: First of all, thank you for taking my call?
Speaker 3: Yes, what's going on?
Speaker 11: I am? I am sixty eight and purchased a home in Pueblo, West about six months ago. Okay, defrauded in the purchase?
Speaker 3: Wait? Wait, you were defrauded. Oh that's some strong words. How were you disfrauded?
Speaker 11: Because there's a huge easement in my backyard and front yard that was not disclosed?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute? Did you pay every day?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait? Wait wait? Did you pay cash for this?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: You didn't pay cash. So you have a loan?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay. Now what I want to know is usually the lender requires a survey.
Speaker 11: No they did not.
Speaker 7: You have a lender that did not require a survey. What about an appraisal?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, you bought a home. Who's your lender?
Speaker 11: Oh god, it's changed now.
Speaker 3: Wait, but you're sure you're sure there was. When did you buy this home, Claudia.
Speaker 11: I started the process February twentieth. The reason there was no appraisal is because I told them I could forego that.
Speaker 3: Now I was, well, no, no, no, no, you don't get to forego it. Lenders require it. So I'm just I'm not looking. I don't want to get hung up on this. But it would have had a survey. So that's why I'm asking you. How did you buy a home with a lender without a survey, without an appraisal?
Speaker 11: There was none. And you want to know the loan company. I know the original loan company. Yes, Advantage Home Loans.
Speaker 3: Okay, now you're saying.
Speaker 11: No appraisal, but I have since gotten a survey that I paid for on my own.
Speaker 3: Okay, I believe you. Now when you when you finally got a survey, First of all, why did you get a survey if you bought the house?
Speaker 11: Four weeks after moving in? I went to go plant some trees in the front yard and next our neighbor said, you can't plant there, it's an easement.
Speaker 14: I said, what what kind of an e.
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 11: For Black Hills Utility Electric Okay, it's in the front of the utility vehicle.
Speaker 3: It's in the front of your house and.
Speaker 11: Back it's the whole lengths of the house.
Speaker 7: Okay, But now do most Claudia hold on? Easements are very common, normally they're disclosed. But what I want to know is this on your on disease? Are there easements on all the lots or just yours?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 16: Not all the lots now, but a lot some don't okay.
Speaker 11: No, there's an easement behind me, behind my property.
Speaker 3: And what's the size of the eastman? How far in does it come to your property?
Speaker 11: Twenty feet?
Speaker 3: Twenty feet?
Speaker 7: That is, by the way, it's still it's still your property, just so you know. And and technically you can use it and you can have landscaping.
Speaker 3: But if they ever have to get through it, they destroy it.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 3: What is the ease for me?
Speaker 11: I could not plant?
Speaker 3: What is it for? Is the easement for Claudia I need? Okay? For a future power line?
Speaker 11: No, there is a power line.
Speaker 3: Okay. So the power line is above your easement or or buried okay above? So is it is this for access for utility for vehicles?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay? Now, who's who sold you the house?
Speaker 11: Us? There were two realtors that I've did.
Speaker 3: What I don't understand is I am a bit confused, because it's not fraud unless they hid it from you.
Speaker 11: You see it on the disclosure page. There was a separate section just for easements, and they left it blank. And so this housing tract is about three years old, and before all the fences went up. I've already been told by so many neighbors they used to walk through this property on that easement to go from one street to another street. It was a shortcut. Yeah, so the seller knew there was an easement there and she left it blank. She left the whole disclosure form blank. An omission is the same as a lie.
Speaker 3: But Claudia, and Claudia, if she left it omitted, she did. Okay, that should have told you.
Speaker 11: Something I moved from another state.
Speaker 3: I hadn't, But Claudia, sheep. But you're a real estate person, should help you. So wait a minute. She didn't say no on the easements. If I say, you know, if I leave something blank, it would be up to you to say, why is this blank? Or your your real estate? Did you call your real estate broker? Did you have a buying broker? Yes, you know, Claudia. I need to get you on. Hold on, Claudia, if you do have a fraud, I don't know if it is or not. Okay from what you're telling me. What I don't understand is how your bank ever closed. And in fact, I'm going to tell you, between you and me, I don't believe that happened. Now. I'm not saying you're lying.
Speaker 7: I'm saying somewhere there was a survey or an appraisal, because I've never once, never, in my forty five years, never found a bank that would do alone without a survey and an appraisal. But I want to get you on tomorrow because I don't want you to run out of time, because it's serious enough that we do want to help you if you were defrauded.
Speaker 3: Uh Kaschina, get her information. I want to get her on with Brad O'Brien. We gotta get Brad on. Okay now, Carrie, I'll be right back to you right after this.
Speaker 7: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 3: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 7: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison call Compass insurance, paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 3: Find out Now three O three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 7: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two