Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. That's just said, that's not sad, it's a data think about her and to celebrate her life.
Speaker 2: But I didn't think about it until I just looked at the rundown. Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, you haven't thought about twenty eight. I haven't thought about the between twenty eight, right. It'd be different if you saw it earlier and just forgot.
Speaker 2: We're finally doing a burial. If I told you that, Oh good, when is that? That's gonna be next month? That's nice? Hey, what's the rush?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: And that seems to be the families. That's that's the way we've always done it. Come on, we don't have any religious obligations to bury people within twenty four hours, so we wait, you know, fourteen months or in some cases two years.
Speaker 1: Are why did you wait so long? It's not like you're planning a party or anything.
Speaker 2: No, and it's just going to be it's just going to be family. Yeah, So I don't know, I don't know why. How do you make those decisions? I mean, that's first of all we had to figure out where because there's two family there's kind of two family cemetery things, and one is mom's generally mom's side, the other one is generally Dad's side.
Speaker 1: I can see if this was a you thing where you're kind of like, eh, whatever, But your sisters seem.
Speaker 2: Kind of type A to me. Yeah, I mean there is that.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of different to me that they would wait so long. Yeah, well, but there's been a lot of there's been a lot going on, a lot, there's been a lot going on, so it's probably fine. It's actually kind of nice that you can do it with all the other crap to get done with the house and the property and all that. Now that that's been on that.
Speaker 2: True, Yeah, that is true. So anyway, not to start on a negative note.
Speaker 1: Wow, well you want to do more dead stuff?
Speaker 2: We could. I found out that if if a bible becomes damaged, the way that you dispose of it is however you want to dispose of it.
Speaker 1: Why would you dispose of it just because it was damaged.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a time in the most recent past, I'd say within the last week that my dog shredded a bible.
Speaker 1: Really, so it wasn't just the yoga blocks.
Speaker 2: It was not just the yoga blocks. In fact, this was pre yoga block. He went after and just destroyed a Bible that was sitting on the couch. What do you think that means? I do not know, but I did ask for pastoral advice. I texted a friend of mine who was a pastor, and I asked him what, first of all, what I should do with dog? And well, clearly the dog is not redeemed. Put the dog down. And then I said, well, how do I dispose of a Bible? Is there like is there.
Speaker 1: Is there like some sort of turn it in?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Ak, is it like an American flag? Like there's there's procedures and policies and physicians. And he said, yeah, put it in the recycle bin. Was a jump dum.
Speaker 1: It's a book. So it was sitting on the couch.
Speaker 2: Huh. That does that mean that you regularly read it? My wife was reading it? Oh good, Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: At least there's one of you in that house that is God fearing and.
Speaker 2: I have a Bible. Yeah, but you don't read it.
Speaker 1: In the other room behind behind the gate. Why is the Bible behind the.
Speaker 2: Gate so that the dog doesn't chew it up. When's the last time you picked up your Bible? You mean the book or in my phone? I have an app on my phone.
Speaker 5: Oh you do?
Speaker 2: Okay, I bring up right there, Matthew fifteen is what it was. Oh okay. Some ps two Psalm two, Verse one, Why do the nations rage and the people's plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together against the Lord and against his anointed.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I was thinking of when I was thinking about this Ai fight between well, China and everybody else. This because the kings of the world of Ai, they're doing what the Psalm says.
Speaker 2: Well, and they're doing a kind of behind curtains. I don't want to say behind closed doors, because there's some information that we know, but there's so little that we know about the generation of deep seek Ai. Why I mean this it is, it's not just chess.
Speaker 1: Here's China playing chess with our checkers. You know, Biden going out and you know, banning companies here in the United States from exporting AI chips to China was kind of like, we're not going to give you our super powerful, super expensive chips, and China's like f us, no f u, We'll do it on our own for cheaper. We don't need your chips. We look like fools in this, like we thought that everyone needed our super expensive chips to go and make their AI advances and that's not the case. We look like the dumb dums on the global state right now. And Trump is right that this should be a wake up call.
Speaker 2: And then all it takes is a Chinese mcguiver to go, oh well, I don't have the greatest, the fastest, the biggest chips. Give me a ballpoint pen, ballpoint pen, some duct tape, and then all.
Speaker 1: The trans transmission it used to be a transmission. Tranny was a word for a transmission before I do any other, meaning let's.
Speaker 2: Bring that back. So yeah, there's a lot that's that's going on. Also, I have a question that I just thought of, who is using this on a regular basis? Who uses chat GPT?
Speaker 1: I think ki, I think it's gonna be everyone's using it in the future.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I mean because to me. Okay, so there's a couple there's a couple of things. This morning I realized Wall Street Journal now summarizes their articles. There's three bullet points, and I think a lot of news organizations do this now that I recognize it. Three bullet points at the top of a long article. You can read those three bullet points and get an idea of what the article is. And there's a little thing in the corner that says, what's this. I clicked on that this morning, and it says, this is an AI generated summary of the article that you're about to read. Well, no one's going to read it if AI already just summed it up in three bullet points. That's one thing. The other thing is Google, when you search for something now automatically gives you the AI version compendium of everything it's searched for. Apple is trying to get you to update all of your iOS and operating system stuff with its AI version. It jammed down your throat.
Speaker 1: I was shocked, and not so shocked with the quickness that I adopted Google's AI search results. When they first started doing that, I said, what the F is this? Screw this, I'm not paying attention to that. I would scroll down, I would click on the various different things that popped up to reach the summation that the AI bullet points would have given me right off the bat. So now, I mean it was probably a matter of days where I was putting up a strong front of I'm not using AI, I'm not using Google's AI, the AI bullet points are feeding me, I'm not using that. It was probably a matter of like eight to twelve days between that and me gobbling it all up.
Speaker 2: Can't stop it because it's easy and we're lazy people, Okay, but I mean, who's For example, this deepseak ai has skyrocketed over the last three or four days to the top of Apple's App Store downloads. Why what are people just curious about it? Because when chat gpt came out, people were like, make a poem about a monkey, hump and a deer, and.
Speaker 1: Make a poem about penis, and people went with that because it was a curiosity, right. I think a lot of people use this for work related purposes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, school, I will say this. I did ask chat gpt to write a radio play for our holiday show and it was awful.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here's something that you should know. We don't have real jobs, right, so we can't fathom how people would use this in a practical and time saving work smarter not harder manner.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping this is the I want to learn. I want if you use AI on a regular basis, whether it's Chat, GPT or deep seek or whatever it is, if you use it on a regular basis, I'd like to know how you can leave us a message on the talkback feature on the iHeart app. Wall Street is some you know, turning to some sense of normalcy after what happened yesterday when, for example, Nvideo, one of the big AI chip makers, lost more than five hundred billion dollars in market value in one day, five hundred bit. It had five hundred billion to lose, and it lost five hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 1: A couple bits of feedback. Look at David Muir's muscles, My goodness, is that necessary to put those out?
Speaker 2: It's a hot day in that helicopter. That's a G I Joe commercial, right there, wasn't it? That's exactly what it was. Okay.
Speaker 1: We've gotten a few bits of feedback with your dog eating the Bible.
Speaker 2: One bit of feedback.
Speaker 1: Is Gary's dog is metal as f okay. The other is that you should knock out five hail mary's that you did not protect the Bible, that the dog was doing dog things.
Speaker 2: But it's up to you to protect the Bible. So protect the Bible.
Speaker 1: So you're good for five hail marys, which I think is low. I mean I would go with, yeah, protect the Bible. I don't do hail mary's. That's n what's a Christian prayer? Just like our father? You do that one, but you do the our Father right, everyone does, sire?
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody kind of does that one. All right, how about give me five ur our fathers will call it again. That's not how it works. It is no, no, no, you don't pay a toll to get across the bridge.
Speaker 1: Well no, you've already crossed the bridge and then burned it down, so you now have to pay the damage fee for the Bible.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is good morning, Hey, Ary.
Speaker 6: I know you, you know your upbringing was a little unorthodoxed and you know, some weird stuff, But I think it's all cool. But the fact that you guys aren't going to bury your mom next to your dad, I find that kind of strange. I think that's a no brainer.
Speaker 2: You know if I'm wrong, aren't you?
Speaker 6: But I can't see any other place. I think that's the most appropriate thing to do.
Speaker 2: Feel very strongly about people. He doesn't know that. Well. First of all, f you, you don't get to tell me where they're gonna They get to decide where they're going to be buried. And yes, they're going to be buried together. That's such a weird.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure my husband has it somewhere in writing to not be buried next time.
Speaker 2: Don't care what you do in life separated and give me some f and pece around here. That's great. Good morning, Gary.
Speaker 7: Hey, did you ever get rid of that squatter in your parents' house?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that was That was one of the things you had to take care of before the burial.
Speaker 2: They would not have wanted us to have that around.
Speaker 1: Hi, Gary, I love you both.
Speaker 8: Hey. I am a nurse case manager for an insurance company. I work in their workers' comp division, and we use AI every day to kind of as a collaborative partner for medical reports, looking at diagnostics and anticipating what type of care a patient or an injured employee might need.
Speaker 2: Okay, talk to you so well, that's good. I mean that makes sense. We're going to talk in a couple of minutes here about what Deep seek Ai is, why it caused such an earthquake on Wall Street yesterday. But this was a comment from President Trump just a few days ago.
Speaker 3: The release of Deepseek Ai from a Chinese company should be a wake up call for our industries that we need to be laser focused on competing to win. Because we have the greatest scientists in the world. We always have the ideas we're always first.
Speaker 2: We may always be first, But China did it cheaper.
Speaker 1: It's time for us to stop thinking that way, because it's just not the case anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's the case anymore.
Speaker 1: If this is real, if China jumps out and says we can do it for cheaper, or we thought that we held the key to the expensive computer chips that make this all possible. I mean, as I mentioned, the Biden administration band companies from sending these powerful AI chips to China. So we must have thought that we were the big kid on the block.
Speaker 2: We're not. If they're able to do this, you raise a great question though, if this is real. Remember this is a China needs product, and with that comes a certain amount of mystery about its background. About its origins, about how it was actually created, who funds it, and what kind of information is it going to take when you use it? Where does that information go? Yes, echoes of TikTok.
Speaker 1: They have shown some of their math. They did publish a technical paper last week about exactly how they were able to do this PS. They're making it available for other people to get in there and tweak it or change it.
Speaker 2: And here's why. They want as much.
Speaker 1: Information about us or you or the smartest of the smart that they can get. And if you get into their system and you start tinkering around, guess what they're tinkering with all of your stuff. It looks like most Americans, more Americans, I should say, are working two jobs. Rising caused a strong side market. Do you have a side gig? A side market? Are you selling feet picks? What's going on? There's no judgment here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would be total judgment. No, there wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Hey, if your feed are nice and have to send feet picks, I mean I would have to pay people to look at my feet.
Speaker 2: They're so gross. Be careful what you'd say. People are into gross feet people lid for every pot. Wow, that's really bad. I never thought about that. An eyeball for every corn.
Speaker 1: Also, at the top of the hour, we're going to tak an eyeball for every corn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the corns on your feet.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I don't have corns bunions, No, but look co fungus. Look, oh god, they're not great.
Speaker 2: Ah here, wipe off the You're gonna throw a bare foot up there. Also at the top of the hour, the creek fire. If you remember that from twenty seventeen, so cal Edison said, hey, it wasn't our power lines. The FEDS think so cal Edison may be lying about that. Of course you think of that in the context of the eating fire, and now people pointing their fingers towards the utility for that one as well. So we'll talk about that coming up.
Speaker 7: A game changing move that does not come from Open Ai, Google or Meta. There is a new model that has all of the valley buzzing, but.
Speaker 2: From a Chinese lab called deep Sea.
Speaker 9: It's opened a lot of eyes of like what is actually happening in ai in China.
Speaker 1: Deep Seek is a Chinese AI startup. It was founded in twenty twenty three by Langwin Fang. He's the co founder of a hedge fund high flyer. High Flyer uses AI algorithms to predict market swings, so you can see why he's got stock in the game, right. If you're going to use AI to protict market swings and make an s ton of money, not for yourself alone, but for everybody else, you want your AI to be tip top.
Speaker 2: You want it to be accessible and cheap. So that's what he set out to do.
Speaker 1: They claim that it's AI software is competitive with many main made by US tech giants like open Ai and Google at a fraction of the cost. Last week, Deep Seek did publish the technical infrastructure, which talks about the AI model behind the app. It claims cost savings from using far fewer and less advanced computer chips than advanced AI projects usually do, like the ones we do. It's punitively expensive here in the United States because we've thought all along that we need to use these advanced computer chips that are more expensive.
Speaker 2: Turns out you don't. That is the biggest issue.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest gift though to us as well. If we can harness that and create our own AI infrastructure cheaper, it's a win for everybody, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Chaitan Puta Gunta is a general partner at Benchmark, and I heard him on CNN explaining, we still don't know a lot. I mean, as much as we do know about deep Seek, there's plenty other questions.
Speaker 9: So did they actually assemble this talent, how did they assemble all the hardware? How did they assemble the data to do all this? We don't know, and it's never been publicized. And hopefully we can learn that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully we can learn that. So here's a terrifying thing. Alexander Wong is a founder of Scale Ai, and he actually that company is helps AI systems learn. It kind of puts together the information that AI then dives into to learn from. And this is a terrifying aspect of There are two parts of his answer here that are terrifying.
Speaker 7: Today we released Humanity's Last Exam, which is a new evaluation or benchmark of AI models that we produced by getting math, physics, biology, chemistry professors to provide the hardest questions they could possibly imagine. Deep Seek, which is the leading Chinese AI lab. Their model is actually the top performing were roughly on par with the best American males.
Speaker 2: And again I mean that point of it's using it with just a tiny percentage of the money that we've put into AI with chips that we I mean, the lower quality, slower chips that we have been thinking, Will they never be able to put together an AI system if they use those low quality chips? Can I can? I just want to point something out here, he referred to. He referred to something called Humanity's Last Exam. This is a this is a test that they put forth for these different AI models and the Center for AI Safety. It's a test that they say as a groundbreaking AR benchmark designed to test the limits of AI knowledge at the frontiers of human expertise. And as he mentioned, they just ask some of the smartest people in the world come up with the absolute hardest questions that you can, some of which may not act actually have answers that we know, and see if AI can do anything with it. I'm going to give you one example of the kind of question that they ask AI to come up with an answer for question one. Hummingbirds within a podiformis uniquely have a bilaterally paired oval bone a sesamoid embedded in the quadrilateral portion of the expanded curetiate upeneurosis of insertion of M depressor kaudia. How many paired tendons are supported by this sesamoid bone answer with a number twenty three. I don't know if that's true. I don't know if that I.
Speaker 1: Do deep Seek in terms of if it's safe, by the way, that's very convoluted that question, like yay for their AI if they can. They also ask about you should know the answer.
Speaker 2: To biblical translations from a Hebrew in Greek mythology, who was Jason's maternals, Jason's maternal great grand.
Speaker 1: Thoughts, So it's got a wide breadth of knowledge there. Deep Seek, by the way, in terms of safety, can collect and store a massive amount of personal information, including any conversations you have, technical information about things like your device, your Internet connection. This data can be accessed by the Chinese government.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The app also appears to be censoring certain information like I don't know Tienneman Square and the protests there. Yeah, right in the line of what China does now. Deep Seek has released a version of its AI model for others to use and modify. Outside developers can make it more secure. Both more secure and less restricted by running it locally on a powerful enough device. But yeah, the fact that they've made it freely available for others to download and modify means that they just want more people's information in its clutches.
Speaker 6: Actually just USEPT in my car this morning.
Speaker 10: I'm on the way to go do some sales calls, and.
Speaker 6: I bounced some ideas off of chat GPT as far as the message I want to get across my clients.
Speaker 2: Kind of good open minds, that type of thing.
Speaker 6: So it's it's been a very useful in a practical sense, and I'm sure we'll continue to get you more.
Speaker 2: So, so I mean at the most, I shouldn't say it the most. In one sense, it's doing a lot of the menial tasks that it sounds like other people don't want to do.
Speaker 10: Okay, So imagine for a company using AI. An example would be the company I used to run. There was a mortgage company. I was an IT and using eight AI, customers could go in and put in their circumstances you know, where they have veteran were they this, were they that? And at the end of the test by AI, it would say, oh, you qualify for the following possible mortgages. There's a need.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying there's not a need.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious how I hear the job accounts and my eyes glaze over.
Speaker 11: Hi Gary, I use chat GPT regularly for work. For example, if you're working on an Excel programming need a formula, you can type in the jat chat GPT what you're trying to do, and if you want to change or edit, you just respond to the chat GPT and it's like you're having a conversation with it, unlike Google when you're not able to do that. I hope that helps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, day Billy Eman here lived in Sandy. I'll list you guys a long time Texas in California, moved to Colman, Alabama, and I do water treatment and AI does incredible calculations chat GPT specifically for dosages.
Speaker 5: Of chemicals, system volumes, for circulation rates. Chiller Tonnage. I was hesitant to use it at first, double check the work. It shows its work and it's right on.
Speaker 4: Thank you, love you.
Speaker 2: I mean to think about it. There's just every industry that we've heard from, not including ours, where people use it on a regular basis.
Speaker 12: Hy Gary and Shannon we're wondering who uses AI. I love AI. I have dyslexia as a grown woman, and this has been the greatest thing for me when writing emails doing things for my company, and I put in basically what I would like to say, and it fixes It puts things in order, and it makes the emails and everything flow so beautifully.
Speaker 11: So grateful for it.
Speaker 2: HEYI all right, and one more.
Speaker 13: Hey, Gary and Shannon absolutely adore your show. I actually use chat GBT on an almost daily basis. I own a consulting company and I use it for analyzing complex data sets. I use it for translating text into training materials, and also use it a lot to help refine communications and presentations. It's definitely a great tool. Hope you have a great day. Love you.
Speaker 1: Complex Data Systems PC load letter with the FSPC load letter, we're starting to break out in hives with all this work speed.
Speaker 2: Your printer is out of paper. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of words there I could not grasp.
Speaker 2: Oh god. All right, you've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap