Speaker 1: KFI AM six forty. You're listening to Dean Sharp, the House Whisper on demand on the iHeart Radio app. Hey, just a reminder, you are listening to Home with Dean Sharp. That is the live broadcast, and right after we go off the air every week with both of our live broadcasts, it becomes what's known as The House Whisperer podcast, which you can find anywhere you listen to your favorite podcasts, of course on the free iHeartRadio app, but also anywhere else Apple Podcasts, Spotify. Wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts, you will find us there. Just search for Dean Sharp or Home with Dean Sharp or The House Whisperer. You'll find us. Any one of those keywords in there, you will find me, and you can subscribe, which means that you'll get notifications every time we do another broadcast. Best of all, though, if you miss part of a show, or you're not able to hear the show on a weekend for whatever reason, or you don't get up early enough on Saturday morning to hear Saturday show, you can listen to every single one of our broadcasts whenever you want, on demand, as many times as you want. Wherever you are on planet Earth and maybe also the Moon. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't been told those Anyway, that's the house Whisper Podcast waiting for you. And if your home is in need of some personal house Whisperer Design genius attention, you can book an in home design console with me and the tea. She's the genius. I'm just the guy who drives. Just go to house whisper dot Design house Whisper Dot Design for more information. All right, we're having some fun this morning on Mother's Day, a colorful day usually, and we are talking color theory today because color baffles so many people when it comes to the practical outworking of color. We're going to return to that discussion. But it is the top of the hour of our second hour, and so as is our tradition, it is time to go to the phones. And I want to talk to Rick. Hey, Rick, welcome home.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello Katie, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes? I can? How can I help you? My friend?
Speaker 3: So, I have a rental and I'm going to determine I'm going to paint in all light and the inside because uh, it was some colors are picked up by a designer in the past, when do you decide if you need to use a primer or not for the inside obviously for the outside of the house, you did, you know, I understand I have to use a primer, but the inside is it is it important to do that?
Speaker 1: Well? You know, it depends if the if the paint that's on the wall is in good shape, okay, uh and uh, and it doesn't have too heavy of achine on it, if it's flat paint or a matte kind of paint, then you can get away with what they call, you know, paint and primer in one, right, those kinds of combos. Just about every major manufacturer makes a version of their paint, which is paint slash primer in one and you can get decent cover and as long as though, as long as the wall colors aren't too intense. Elma and I were talking before the show about he's got black walls in some of his place and like when he moves out, he wanted to know, like, no, what do I need to do? Am I gonna be able to cover up those black walls? And I told him black not without a primer first, primer code first, and then another coat of white on top of that and you should be good to go. But if they're just you know, pastel's or you know, nothing too serious, and the paint is in decent shape, then you could go on top of the existing paint. Now, if you're going Bear primer is for when there is nothing on the wall, and you never use a paint primer combo with Bear drywall, okay, because it is not designed to go on without any primer code it all. Even though it makes that claim, A paint primer combo is basically just there so that you can put a coat on an existing layer of decently applied paint and change the color or neutralize it or whatever. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: That makes sense?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Can how manything else usually recommend? Do you recommend using two coats or it just depends on if you're going from you know, a dark color to light color?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, I mean, if you're going from a heavy dark colored to two coats, definitely, I always recommend two coats because it's just nice. But if you can get it done with one, if you're if you're changing like, for instance, a light tan wall, I mean just really light like sandy beige, wall to white. Then one coat of a good quality of paint on top of that should get the job done. You know, you'll know, you'll know, that's the point. You'll know. You'll know after you put that first coat on, you let it dry, and you walk in, you're like, you know what, it looks fine. And if it looks fine, it is fine. That's the point, right, That's kind of where we were talking about already. Color. It's in our heads. And if your eyeball is interpreting the color in the room after you put a single coat of white on top of a lighter color that, yeah, this room is white now, then you know what You're good to go.
Speaker 4: Perfect.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have one more quick question. Do we have time or can I should I call that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now let's do it. Let's do it, let's go.
Speaker 3: I have on the outside of the house, I have a cement and board and it's a white house, pretty bright white. And I've noticed we bought the house a few years ago, that there's starting to be little cracks in the cement board I think it's called cement board. And we had the painter come out and try to fill in the cracks and they seem to be coming back. Is there any sort of filler that sort of stretches that you'd recommend for that? And again it's it's like a white surface.
Speaker 1: Okay, so is it smooth cement board on the outside of the house, large sheets? Are we talking about cementious sighting?
Speaker 3: Large sheets? Yeah, the cement sides, board siding. It's like the hardy board or I don't know what you'd call them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, best thing you can do for uh now, No, they filled it and it looked good and then it cracked again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in about six months. We live a couple of miles from the beach, so it's not too you know, it doesn't get too hot here, so we don't live off the beach a couple of miles.
Speaker 1: So you know, these are like spidery cracks, very thin cracks.
Speaker 3: They start like that, they get a little bit wider, definitely wider than spidery Okay, all right, well, probably the thing that stretches or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean the mistake is that that and this has always been a tough thing because you know, you approach a crack in a wall for paint purposes, either from a spacklepective perspective right, spackling in the crack or from a culking perspective, and there's a there's a short side to both of them. Spackle is a nice solid filler and you can smooth it out and then it doesn't recede back when it dries, and so it gives you that smooth, continuous, can't see the crack anymore kind of scenario. But it is brittle, and so if the crack shifts a little bit more, then the crack returns, okay. Calking is the opposite. Caulking is stretchy, okay, But when calking dries, it actually recedes a little bit, and so it has a tendency to show where it was. You're like jeanez, I thought I filled that thing, and now I can still see where the crack was. But as it stretches, it actually bridges the gap, and the crack itself doesn't tend to come back, but you can see the indentation. Fortunately. Now there are some bridging products, and you've got to find this at a good paint store, but there are some bridging products that are kind of spackley with elast americ compounds in them. That'll get both jobs done. They're not super you can find them at better dedicated paint stores, not so much out on the on the shelf at the big box store, but they exist.
Speaker 3: What is it called a It's like a lastomeric bridging. Is that exactly what I have them to look for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what you want to ask for. Yeah, there are different brands you want to ask them. You get explained. I got cement board. I got it. I needed to be filled, but I also needed to stretch when I'm done, and uh, and they'll get you in the right direction. And then you may want to paint with an elastomeric based paint on top of that, so the paint itself has a stretching crack bridging to you know, capacity if the crack wants to return. So there's kind of a you know, a double layer of protection that you could approach that with as you go. Rick, Thanks for the questions, Bud, and for the call. I hope that helps uh and get you going in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: When we returned, we will go back to the phones.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Home with Dean Sharp on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: We're talking color today and color theory and how you get your arms around it and the practical wrestling of color in your home so you get the colors that you actually want. Well, we're going to return to that conversation in just a bit, but it's second hour, which means we're taking calls, and I want to go back to the phones. I want to talk to Steve. Hey, Steve, welcome home, Hello young man.
Speaker 4: Hello Mike. Yes, how you doing. I'm doing a great job. You're doing a great job, and I would like to ask you a question about possibly a plumber could help me. But we had our bathroom redone, and then ever since then, when we would turn the faucet on in the kitchen and turn off quick, it makes a pounding noise like pressure or something. So I don't know if we have to dig into the wall again. We did tile everything in there. We did the trick with the water heater, but that didn't fix it. So what do you think?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you are you have become a victim of the water hammer effect. That's what you're water hammer is common. It's not your plumber's fault. Nobody did anything wrong. It is Yeah, No, what it is. You know, water rushes through pipes, it turns corners, and as it turns corners, it causes what's like in the world of ships and submarines and stuff, is called cavitation. Right as what you know, it doesn't turn a corner as smoothly as we think it does. Some of that energy gets kind of bundled up and it creates different kind of pressures that happen as a result. So you never know. I mean, it's just virtually impossible to know. We've plumbed entire you know, eighteen thousand and square foot homes with seemingly miles and miles of hot and cold water lines and never had a single water hammer issue with any faucet, and then we've turn around and done very similar house and it's all over the place. It really has to do with when you think of your hot and cold running water system, thinking of it as a gigantic flute, and sometimes it makes noise and sometimes it doesn't, depending on the twists and the turn. So here's the thing. It's not the plumber's fault because there's just no way to anticipate it. But fortunately the fix can be pretty dang simple. You can find sitting on the shelf at the big box store, at your local plumber supply store, a device called water hammer Arrestor, And what it literally is is it's kind of like a three to four inch sort of copper nipple device. Inside that tube is a spring and essentially a shock absorber. It's a shock absorber, and a water hammer Arrestor can be put in line by a plumber somewhere up in the attic, but it can also they have them that it can be installed literally underneath a sink in the new bathroom. You can take off the angle stop that's the valve that's there, and install the water hammer arrest or first, and then put the angle stop back on, and you know, just with wrenches, and more often than not, one or two of these, one on the hot line, one on the cold line will solve the problem. And if it doesn't completely solve it, then you find another location under another sink and you add a couple of more. They're inexpensive, they're easy to install, and that cavitation that's happening in the line, just because of the configuration of the lines, the shock of as will do their job. They'll absorb that shock instead of letting it reverberate through the pipes all the way through the house and cause that that uh that you hear when uh let me get the door, get the door. Oh there you go, my friend. That's uh, that's that's the solve. And so it's it's good news. It's you know, it's not great news, but it's a shout out.
Speaker 4: And they give a shout out to uh, my favorite restaurant and Moro Bay.
Speaker 1: Uh sure, why not.
Speaker 4: You've probably been there, but it's carlss for breakfast. Oh my gosh, Oh yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, are you up in Moro Bed?
Speaker 4: No, I avoid that like the plague today because the Mother's Day. But I'm sure they're very busy. And but it's just a shout out because they might even be listening. You never know. But that is the place to go if you're in Moro Bay.
Speaker 1: Carlis Maro Bay is the place to go. We were up there a few months ago and spent a week there in the Pomo overlooking more Obay and then just enjoying the whole area.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It is delicious. It is a delicious place.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got good memories of my parents going there. I've got good memories from my honeymoon and many many meals there, and this sunsets and just beautiful. So all right, thank you, mister Dean. You're doing a great job, and keep up the good work.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, Thanks Steve, thanks for the question, Thanks for the vote of confidence. Always love it when when people are appreciated. Not everybody is always appreciative, by the way, so that's just the nature of things. Let me tell you about an email that we got yesterday. On that note, Tina, you want to wait here, turn your mica, and I'm the one who reads those, Yes you are. We can't actually use the like I'll even tell you what it said. But the worst it was quite irate about because I had mentioned, Yeah, somebody called yesterday and wanted to know, is there a way to keep rattlesnakes out of our three acre property? And I described snake fencing, and I described some snake repellent that is actually very effective, non toxic, not going to kill any snakes. But I did mention that I was familiar with the problem because as a youth living in a big open space, we often had rattlesnakes come in way too close to the house. And at the time, my father had given me instructions that you know, if you go outside, you're in charge of this, dean, because your mother is not physically able to do this because she was sickly. But my father would say, you're in charge of this, and so you go outside if there's a rattlesnake that has curled up in near the house, on the patio or on the cool concrete, to dispatch that snake. And I had mentioned to the caller that I by the time I had reached young adulthood, I had a large peanut butter jar, empty peanut butter jar full of rattlesnake rattles from the rattlesnakes that I had had to dispatch to. You know, I thought, keep my family safe because they were getting into close and we just lived in a big open area without fencing, and so it was difficult to avoid. That's all I said. And it's one thing, that's all I said. To not agree with you, that's the kind I don't like killing animals. But basically we just as a grown We got an email yesterday essentially that said I was going to burn in hell for killing wildlife. And so you know, I appreciate when guys like Steve call up and say that we're doing a good So that's just that's all. I have nothing against rattlesnakes, by the way, except when they try to bite me. Other than that, no problem whatsoever. I love animals. Olivia is here. She will tell you Papa loves animals. Okay, there you go, tell him, tell them Olivia, he loves animals. And also my dog is right here. Not okay, so there you go. See all right, all right, sit down, you be quiet. Now, we're gonna get you your own show when we return more of your calls. I just wanted to share that with you. It's not a big deal. I'm just saying, hopefully I don't burn in hill because of my rattlesnake jar uh. When we return more of your calls. Your Home with Dean Sharp the House Whisper.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Home with Dean Sharp on demand from KFI Am sixty.
Speaker 1: You are Home with Dean Sharp, the house Whisper, here to take your ordinary house and help you make it an extraordinary home, like we do every weekend live Saturday mornings, six to eight Pacific time, Sunday mornings, nine to noon Pacific time. We're talking color and color theory, and we're gonna be just about we're just about ready to move into the practical ads on how do you get your arms around color problems. But we're still right here middle hour taking some calls and honoring you and everything that's going on with your home today. So I want to go back to the phones and I want to talk to Joe. Hey, Joe, welcome home.
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning, Dean. First, I'll say thank goodness. We're past the color stage of our renovation project.
Speaker 1: Really, we have rested with that as well.
Speaker 3: Oh, we certainly did. We finally hired a designer to help us with it, and it came out just fine.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 3: We have a stove that's on a stovetop that's on an island, and we've lived there for twenty years without a hood. But we're moving out and converting it to a rental unit now, so we need to put in a stovehood. I understand many of the ones I've looked at say that they're can vertible, and I'm understanding that to mean that either you can put a duct from the unit up through the attic and the roof, or alternatively by two carbon filters for twenty five bucks apiece and not have to duct it. And I'm wondering, am I understanding that correctly or not? And what is your recommendation concerning this?
Speaker 1: Okay, really, really good question. It's a confusing whirl of vent hoods. By the way, let me ask you first and foremost, the stovetop itself, the stove gas electric. What do you got going there?
Speaker 4: Gas?
Speaker 3: Thirty six inch gas?
Speaker 1: Okay, So let me explain this real quickly, just because people are confused by it, and rightly so, because it is a confusing area of the code. Okay, technically speaking, the Internet Building Code has no concern whatsoever how much fish smell or smoke from searing your steak fills up your kitchen great or your home. Okay, the technically technically, if you have an electric cook top, then there is no code requirement for a hood at all, because the hood idea was was added to the code as a way of exhausting uncombusted gas fumes out of the house as a safety issue, uncombusted fumes and particulates from a gas burner, because no gas burner combusts all the gas that is coming out of the burner, there's always some you know, leftover, So that would that would lead us to the conclusion then that Okay, if that's the case, then why is isn't it also a code requirement that every time I turn on my gas burner, the hood vent has to turn on automatically to evacuate those gas particulars. But that's not a part of the code. You can install one of these things and never turn it on for your entire life, and uh, it's perfectly okay with the code. It's a gigantic, gaping hole in the way that the building code handles, you know, this particular issue. So I just want to explain that to everybody. If you have an electric cook top, an induction cooktop, or an electric cook top stand, you know, a conventional electric cook top, technically you don't need a vent hood. If you have a gas burner, technically you do need one, and you never have to use it. Most people, though, are most concerned about, all right, well, when I when I you know, see a steak, or if I accidentally burn something, or if I'm cooking fish or something like that, I want to get rid of the odors, and I want to get rid of the excess smoke and or steam or whatever is coming off the cook top. That is what most people are thinking about when they think about vent hoods, and there are two ways to go about it. You conduct it, meaning that the hood leads in, brings all that to smoke in and directs it with a fan through a ducting system and blows it to the outside of the house. It doesn't have to go straight up. It can go sideways once it's in the attic. It can go through ceiling joists or floor joists or whatever the case may be, as long as it gets to the outside of the house and the fan is powerful enough to push it along and there you go. The other option is often found in apartments and things like that, are hoods that can also utilize a two stage charcoal filter and draw the air up through the charcoal filter. The charcoal filter, in theory, catches most of the particles from the smoke and are a lot of the odors from the cooking, and then that air is blown back into the kitchen space, which again is ironic when you think about the fact that if that hood is venting a gas you know cook top, then that gas those the charcoal filter does not capture the gas let off, and it blows it back into the kitchen space, the same space that it started in. And yet the code allows that to So just a little bit of confusing part for the code, but yes, you are correct. Either ducked less, which is running through standard charcoal filters, or duck did out of the house, which is better. Well, ducked it out of the house is always going to be better. I mean you don't find many ducked less hoods in you know, professional kitchens, in executive kitchens, or in restaurants. In fact, they're not allowed in an executive kitchen to recirculate the air back into the kitchen environment. They have to take it out and has to be blown outside. So yeah, that's better, But both are allowed.
Speaker 3: And then did you say it could be inducted into the I mean not ducted, but into the attic and out the vents or up through the roof.
Speaker 1: Either it can be taken out through the roof. It can be taken out through the side gable of a roofing system. We can't just run it up to we can't just run an open ducked up to an outside vent and just sort of allow it to sort of push its way out there. It needs a positive connection to the outside of the house, but it doesn't have to go through the roof. It could go through it could run horizontally and go through a vent attachment on the outside of a house or on the outside of a gable.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see what you're saying. Okay, Well, that answers my questions. I certainly appreciate that.
Speaker 1: And Joe, if you want to take a look just for fun, if you want to take a look at literally what the cutting a edge of duct less hoods are, then go to Plasma Plasma, Maade, dot Com Plasma. I'm sorry, Plasma made USA, dot com Plasma. They're the company Tina and I saw at the last builder show. They have They have created a series of electronically high voltagely charged filters that create a plasma field that literally does eliminate all smoke, odor, and micron particulates out of the air and then restores clean air into the room without using a duck. Now, the filters themselves cost I don't know, eleven twelve hundred dollars, but their filters are designed this is the cool thing to be used with any vent hood so they don't make vent hoods. They simply make this filter which installs in what looks like a duck leaving the room, but could literally just be a pipe or a flu that goes up to the ceiling and goes no further. It's pretty impressive, so you guys should you should check that out as well. It's plasmamade usa dot com if you want to see what is currently the cutting edge of efficient recirculated nonducted vent hoods. Pretty impressive stuff, but yeah, it either has to go out or recirculate through some kind of filter.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Home with Dean Sharp on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: By the way, if if you enjoyed Tim as much as I do, just know that on Thursday evenings, every Thursday evening just about just about unless for some reason I can't get there, But every Thursday evening I hang out with him from about six twenty till about six fifty. We come on and we just talk about all things home. I give him notes ahead time about what we're talking about, and then we flip a coin as to whether we actually get to that topic or not, or we just wander off and talk about something else. But it's always great. It's always great. We always have a great time every Thursday evening. Tim Conway Junior and the House Whisper at six point twenty right here on Kofi. All right, y'all, we're talking color today. We're about to return to that subject, but I want to finish up calls for the day, which means I want to talk to Rick. Hey, Rick, welcome home.
Speaker 2: Hey, Good morning, Dean. My question is in regards to the exterior window trims and doors and the big garage door. Recently, my wife wanted to redo the wood trims because they got damage and rotted and all that good stuff. So she went ahead, and she was thinking out of the box, and she decided to do the the bender board that you find in the garden areas of the big box stores, and that trimmed out and mounted around the windows and doors and such. And it looks great, and it looks like it's going to hold up a lot longer than the wood. However, the issue that I'm having is I put some of that Zenzer primer on there and then put some paint. I started with several windows, and once it cured in all this just bumping into it or if you just like scratch it with your nail or whatnot, it's literally just like flaking off, and it's showing the brown bender board, so obviously it's not adhering to it. And also the primer wasn't thick enough apparently to cover up the small little screw holes which they use to mount up. And there's little like beings and scratches and stuff like that, little imperfections on that plast bender board. So I was wondering what you suggest that would adhere to that bender board so that way when the paint goes on, it sticks and it holds up. Because I got about thirty to forty windows and doors to do on the exterior, and I would really like for it to last.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you, all right, Well, all right, I'm going to give you some advice. It's going to be qualified advice. Qualified because and here's the thing. When we say plastic composite, plastic composite sounds like a very technical term, and it is, but in reality, it's a generalist term that means I don't know whatever that stuff's made out of. So yeah, since I don't know what that stuff is made out of, I really don't. I honestly, you know, if someone is with to call in with a gardening question and say, you know that brown bender board that we put around our you know what is that stuff made out? I don't know, recycled trash bags, coke bottles. I'm not sure. I actually don't know what that stuff is made out of. And it makes a difference ultimately because plastic is a super super scientifically generalist term. In fact, sometimes plastic doesn't even mean a chemical compound plastic. It just means that something's bendable or that's moldable. Right, we talk about the plasticity of the human brain. Our brains aren't made out of plastic, but they are bendable. So I'm not sure, Rick, but I will tell you this. Typically plastic composite window trims that we work with in for industry windows stuff, it is always one hundred percent acrylic latex exterior paint. Hundred percent acrylic latex exterior paint, and not a generalist primer, okay, but a specific primer. So the idea is to work backwards. The idea is to find a high quality like Benjamin Moore exterior acrylic latex paint, and then walk backwards and say, all right, this is the paint we're going to try, which is the primer that is specifically designed to grab onto this paint and the surface beneath it, and then you work from there. I never find, actually, and this may encourage you, I've never found that just the generalists like Kills or the Zins primers do a great job on plastic based materials outside. So what I want is I want to go straight to the paint company, deal with them, and they do nowadays make some extraordinary stuff. In fact, I would probably lean towards either Sherwin Williams are Benjamin Moore as far as their vinyl specialty paints. They both make a vinyl safe specialty paint. And this is another thing I didn't ask you how dark these trims are, whether they're white or whether they're a different color. But for anybody who's thinking about painting plastic composite trims on the outside of their house, or painting their vinyl windows or the edges of their vinyl windows with a dark color, you gotta be really careful about that because dark colors absorb. Now we've gone back to color. Dark colors absorb light and therefore they absorb heat. You know, It's like most of us don't wear black t shirts out on one hundred degree day because it absorbs so much light and heat, and then it can actually weaken and soften the vinyl or the plastic of the trim. So there are companies like Sherwyn Williams and Benjamin Moore. I love Benjamin Moore's product. It does amazing stuff. It is a special for vinyl that actually has built into it solar reflective coating properties that reflect out a lot of that stuff and keep the vinyl or the plastic from warping or buckling. So the best, and it's fully qualified because I do not know what that stuff is actually made out of, and in the end it's science as to what binds to what. But I would recommend that you go with a high quality paint like Benjamin Moore, go with their Vinyl series exterior stuff, and then go with the primer that Benjamin Moore mates to that paint to put it onto the trim. And as far as the holes are concerned, bondo not spackle, not caulking to fill the holes. Bondo, the epoxy based the mix, the catalyst and the putty together, smooth it over, leave it high, and then give it a little sanding once it dries in all of five to ten minutes. Give it a little sane to sand it smooth Bondo. Yes, like the automotive autobody Bondo stuff. That is the gold standard when it comes to exterior durable hole and crack patching.
Speaker 2: How's that rick, Yeah, that sounds a pretty good, Dean, and it is the dark benderboard unfortunately, so it does attract the UV's and all that fun stuff. And yeah, that gives us a good start there. I was even thinking since you mentioned that bondo, would it be like putting a thin coat of the bondo across because it's about three inches wide, and then having the primer adhere to that a little bit better? Or just go right into the primer you're saying, and then go with the paint.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what, that's a really creative idea and I'm not against it. I'm not against that idea at all, but it may not be necessary. Here's what I recommend. I know, I can tell you for a fact that that that those high quality paints will will bond to the bondo. Absolutely, it's a given. Bondo is made in part for that kind of adhesion of paint. That's why they use it on autobody stuff. But here's what I would do. I would go to your local Benjamin More retailer, Adelina Paints or whatever is nearby in your area. Take a section, take a go, get a piece of that of that venderboard stuff, take it into them and say, here's my problem. All my windows are trimmed with this stuff. What's going to stick to it? And the thing that you get, the thing that you get at a professional paint store like a Benjamin More retailer, is you get real paint professionals behind the counter, not the person who was trained. You know, like I said earlier in the show, you know, I got nothing against people who work at Forever twenty one, but not when i'm you know, they were working there last month and now they've got about six hours of training on the color mixing machine and that's it. They don't know how to paint a house. And so that's why I send you to a pro paint store because you're going to get that advice and you're gonna have you know, you get the old guy out of the back who's like looking at and like, you know, this looks like and they're going to figure out how to get paint to adhere to that. I promise you. So I know I'm pointing you in the right direction. I just don't want to absolutely tell you oh for sure, it's it's a grillic one hundred percent and no problem. Take that sample in, let them look at it, have a conversation with them. I think they're going to point you in the same direction as well, and then take it from there. Rick, Thanks for the call, buddy, really really good call. This is why we take calls, because we end up with such interesting questions and answers that help everybody along the way. All right, here's the deal. When we come back, we're diving back into the world of color, and I'm going to give you the solutions that you are looking for, the ways to get your arms around color in your home. You're listening to Dean Sharp, the House Whisperer on KFI. This has been with Dean Sharp, the House whisper. Tune into the live broadcast on KFI AM six forty every Saturday morning from six to eight Pacific time, and every Sunday morning from nine to noon Pacific time, or anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app