Speaker 1: Welcome to You Should Know Better with Mike C.
Speaker 2: Nelson, the guy who won't shut up about winning three times on Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to you Should Know Better, the trivia podcast that tests your knowledge and a little bit of your patience. Our goal here is to celebrate the theme of continuing education. We should always be learning and always be on the prowl to know better. Now we will meet our wonderful guests and hear all about what excellent causes they are playing for, and shortly crown one of them the smartest person in the world for one week. But that's right now, Let's jump right into some questions and answers with our first of four rounds today, our General Knowledge Round Round one, General Knowledge Thinking caps on, gentlemen, pencils at the ready, and no way we go. There are eight questions in the General Knowledge round. Here is question number one. Which country's flag is red, white, and green and features a coat of arms that contains an eagle that is perched on a prickly pear cactus devouring a rattlesnake that's in the little coat of arms in the middle. So it's a red, white and green flag and then they have a really kick ass coat of arms in the middle of this thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it was devouring a rattlesnake. That's very dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an eagle. That's it's a golden eagle perched on a prickly pair cactus devouring a rattlesnake. It's kind of awesome. Name the country's flag. It's a famous flag. For question number one, how do we feel after one question?
Speaker 4: A sweaty I'm.
Speaker 1: Sweating profusely, but it's appreciated though. It's a weird question. It's a weird It's one of those where like, once the answer is revealed to thinking like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Should have known it?
Speaker 5: Maybe you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't triple guess yourself, all right? Question number nos, can you name either of the two moderators of the insane presidential debate held recently? The two people that were moderating that debate? Can you name either of them? There was a man, there was a woman on CNN who was moderating that ninety minutes that gave us all that's all.
Speaker 5: We're going to say on the debate. That's all we're gonna say.
Speaker 1: Just one one of the name. I got that one, okay. Question number three goes like this question number three, fern Arable, Templeton, the Rat, and Wilbur are characters and what classic of children's literature? For question number three, fern Arable, Templeton, the Rat, and Wilbur are characters in what classic of children's lit for question number three? All right, Question number four, I had to do it. I had to throw in a sports question question number four, what swifts all time great one twenty two Grand Slam titles, including eight at Wimbledon. This person won eight Wimbledon titles as part of their twenty two Grand Slam titles, famously from Switzerland. For number four, Name that incredible tennis player for question number four.
Speaker 3: And I feel like if you just put if you just like write down a tess players night, you're going to be The odds are ever in your.
Speaker 1: Favor for sure. That's so true. All right? This question is was made especially for one of the players here, but not to feel back because I'm going to do another one for the other player. But this one is hopefully you both get it. But this is hilariously made for one person. Here's the sweet Question number five. It might not be you though, man, Yeah, all right, this is this is great. I love this question Question number five. What's the name of the three letter maneuver or acronym that the police use in a chase where they hit the back quarter panel of a fleeing car in order to spin it out. It actually has two acronyms, but there's one that's kind of more famous. But whatever you give me, you're gonna get that point. It's a famous maneuver if you've ever watched Cops or any of those shows. It also helps you live in La. Yeah on like KTLA. It's like, here's here's our fourth chase of the day. Our helicopters are running out of gasoline. They've been up in the air for seven hours. All right, are we ready for number six? We are, let's do it. Question number six. What musical artist extraordinaire has also appeared in the film's Moonlight Glass Onion A Knives Out Mystery and Hidden Figures? Name that person for questions number six. What musical artist extraordinaire has also appeared in the film's Moonlight Glass Onion A Knives Out Mystery and Hidden Figures? Last names will suffice? All right, And since I did one for one, I did one for the other. So this is for Chris. I hope, I thank you Pat. If you know this, you lucky sob. But question number seven in Mario Kart, the power up that seeks out the player in first position and explodes on impact is a shell that is what color? What color shell? Does that magical thing in Mario Kart. I'll repeat that one more time for question number seven in Mario Kart, the power up that seeks out the player in first position and explodes on impact as a shell of what color?
Speaker 4: Choose?
Speaker 1: Wisely, what color shell is that?
Speaker 4: But please can use that in the car chases. They would love that.
Speaker 1: They should, they could, they could, Yeah, besides the famous maneuver, they could just get this colored shell. The world's just collided.
Speaker 4: That's it, found it all right.
Speaker 1: Finally, question number eight, we've arrived at the final question in your General Knowledge round, and it goes like this. From Greek mythology, Medusa is what type of creature? This is multiple choice? Was she a fate? Was she a gorgon or a gorgon? Or was she a fury? Medusa? From Greek mythology, she had the snakes for hair, could turn you to stone if you looked at her. What type of creature was she? Was she a fate, a gorgon, or a fury? For question number eight, multiple choice, Great questions. That was awesome, fantastic. All right, pencils down. We will go over your answers in just a second. But it's time to introduce our wonderful guess. This guy he's more known for his cat. I love him. I think he's very talented, but he's known for his cat, Mirv the Cat. He's Nerved the cat's father there and Merv the Cat has almost a million subscribers on TikToker fans. She has brand deals. He's become a stage dad. But he's also one of the fruit of the loom fruits. He's gonna do some of that work I think later today. He's in loads of other TV commercials, TV shows. He's one of my dearest friends in this town. Chad Jamien is here today.
Speaker 5: Hooray.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I forgot to mention he's from Hollywood, but he's from Hollywood, Florida.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, we.
Speaker 1: Have another Floridian. We've had so many Floridians.
Speaker 3: So many Floridians on the show, Chad, I'm a Floridian as well.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome, Jackie. Yeah, we just move west for gold and yeah, that's just what we do.
Speaker 5: It's just now.
Speaker 1: You can follow mister Chad on the social media's at Chad Jamian, but you could also follow Merv. You can follow him at Merv the Pet and Mirv the Cat on TikTok. Chad, What charity apropos are you playing for today? Well, I'm playing for kittens. Kittens are a very important thing to me. I love cats. A lot of people, you know, are dog people, but I'm terrified of dogs, which you know, it should it shouldn't be that way. You know that dogs are wonderful, but it's just something inside of me. So today I'm playing for kittens. You're playing for the Kitten Rescue dot o RG. If you have some extra scratch in your pocket, give them a few bucks, so win or lose, We're happy to make a donation in your name to the Kitten Rescue dot oh RG. Now it's time to meet your opponent from the mean streets of East Meadow, New York. You can catch him in a slew of recent award winning indie films that are all on toob right now. One is called after We're Over This next one's a great title Sofa King or No Man is an Island with a cooler full of beer, which this dude wrote himself, and another one called family Obligations. My new friend Chris Molika is here today.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me, Mike, Thank you, Jackie, thank you, glad.
Speaker 4: To be here.
Speaker 1: Happy to have you, Chris. We can follow this fine talented gentlemen on social media. Is at Chris Molika on Instagram and Twitter. Chris, what charity are you playing for today?
Speaker 2: I am playing for Los Angeles LGBT Center. It's a great place here in Los Angeles since nineteen sixty nine. You know, they provide services, programs, and ad advocacy for LGBTQ individuals and their families.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: We've been donating for some time because they're just they fight for everything, especially right now, given everything which we won't go into. It's a time to support people and to be an advocate.
Speaker 4: Even if you're not in the lgbt Q uh group. You know it's best to be an ally.
Speaker 2: So they just helped to make things better, to make a world where we're all equal.
Speaker 4: You know, it seems about time, right.
Speaker 1: Heh yeah, long long overdue. Or again, it's a wonderful place, and we're happy to make a donation in your name to that charity. You know, our wonderful players, you know what excellent charity is they're playing for. But it's time to get back to the game and go over our answers for a round one the General Knowledge Round Question number one of eight was which country's flag is red, white, and green and features of coat of arms in the middle that contains an eagle, a golden eagle that is perched on a prickly pair cactus devouring a rattle snake. Chad Jamie, And what did you get for number one? You know, I have to go ahead and say Mexico. Just gonna go with our neighbor to the south, Mexico. Yes, that's a great guest. Chris. What did you put for number one? I put Peru, Peru. Great guesses. We have du and we have Mexico. The correct answer is Mexico. It is, and it's one of those things that you see certain coats of arms and you kind of glance over it. You're like, oh, it's some weird. It's a bunch of like busy stuff in the middle of that, and when you look closely, you're like, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: I looked it up and it's so cool.
Speaker 3: It's like I've only ever clocked the eagle and not all of the things around the story.
Speaker 1: A lot of stuff happening on Mexico's flag, and I think it's one of the coolest ones. And now we all know. Now we all know. Question number two, can you name either of the two moderators of that insane presidential debate we held recently, Chris, what do you get for number two?
Speaker 4: Truth is, I can't name them. So I wrote down Bob.
Speaker 1: Costas, Yes, Bobby Cowhenn in doubt, go Bob, thank you, Bob Costas.
Speaker 5: C J.
Speaker 1: What did you put? Well, Mike, I put Jake Tapper, Jake Tapper. The correct answers are Jake Tapper and Dana Bash. Anna Bash was in that as well, not pushing back on anyone, just going thank you, thank you, mister president after they say crazy, terrible things. But it was Jake Tapper and Dana Bash. But question three, here's where Chris is off the schneid. Here we go, Fern Arable, Templeton, the Rat, and Wilburt are characters. And what classic of children's literature? Chad start us off for number three? I'm gonna go Charlotte's Web, Charlotte's Web, Chris, what did you put?
Speaker 4: Charlotte's Web?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about? Chris is off the Schneider's a.
Speaker 5: Bunch of webheads over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, swept swip whip.
Speaker 1: It's like Swifties, but webheads. I love. Yeah, webheads, the classic from E. B. White. It is Charlotte's Web for number three. Everyone's feeling good? All right? Question number four? What Swiss all time great on twenty two Grand Slam titles, including eight at Wimbledon. Chris? What did you put for number four?
Speaker 4: Once again when completely numb?
Speaker 1: Macrimae. I put down Macrimae Macrimain. That's a great that's a great hobby. Chad would put Yeah, same deal. I just went for it. Andy Rotick, Andy Rotick, good, good, guess the correct answer. This guy just retired. There's a documentary about him, I think on Amazon right now. His name is Roger Federer. Federer is that Swiss born giant of men's tennis. Roger feederer for question number four? All right, question number five was a layup for one. I hope it was for both. This what's the name of a three letter maneuver or acronym that the police use in a chase where they hit the back quarter panel of a fleeing car in order to spin it out and disable it. Chad, you get to go first, luckily on this one. What is it? I used to send Chris police chases, but I stopped for many reasons. But I say it's called the pit maneuver. E pitt pit maneuver. That's interesting, Chris. What did you put?
Speaker 4: That was probably right? I put down powe a powel maneuver.
Speaker 1: Oh did you really no?
Speaker 4: I did, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a power move, the power This is why I stopped sending you the chases. I got upset at some point, and now I'm more upset. So it has two I didn't know. It has actually like two three letter acronyms, So we'll go through them. The first one is a precision a mobilization technique or pit maneuver. That's the one that I had heard of all these years watching the shows and the chases. The one the other one is called a tv I or a tactical vehicle intervention. So if you put Pitt or tv I at home, give yourselves a point for number five? All right? Question number six, what musical artist extraordinary? Has also appeared in the film's Moonlight, Glass Onion and Knives Out, Mystery and Hidden Figures? Chris, who did you put for number six?
Speaker 4: Jenelle Money?
Speaker 1: Janelle Monet? Chad? What did you put? It's obviously the lovely and talented John Legend. Yes, John Legend? What can he do? The correct answer is Janelle Money. That answer deserves a huzzah. Hell yes, big point for Chris, right there, Big point for Chris. He needed that one. Question number seven, this was a toss up. You could guess on this one and Mario Kart the power up that seeks out the player in first position and explodes on impact as a shell. That is what color? Mister Jamien? What did you put? I went ahead it with the red red? Great guess, Chris? Do you agree with that it? Did you go your own way? For number seven?
Speaker 4: That's a blue shell, sir, that's a blue shell.
Speaker 1: That is a blue shell. The correct answer is a raw It's a blue shell in Mario Kart. So you each nailed the contoured.
Speaker 4: Question the gimmes. You got the gimmes.
Speaker 1: I like that though. That makes me feel good, all right. And finally, question number eight was multiple choice from mythology. Medusa is what type of creature? Was she a fate? Was she a gorgon or a gorgon or a fury? Chris? What did you put for number eight? I believe she's a gorgan, a gorgon? Chad? What did you put? Medusa is obviously a fury, a fury. She's furious at everybody turning exactly. The correct answer is she is a gorgan, she's a organ. God, I was doing so great for a moment, you were doing really great. Oh it's on, Chris, Jackie's gonna tabulate our scores here. How we doing, Jackie? After one? That was fun?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I can't believe it because Chris, you were trailing so hard.
Speaker 4: That was really bad.
Speaker 5: But then why did you have a comeback?
Speaker 3: So at the end of round one you both are tied with four each.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's how we draw it up here at you should know better. So it's tied four to four as we enter round two, Round two pop Culture grab Bag. Today in the grab bag, we have a music round. We have music ground a. More specifically, these are all questions about pop love songs from yesterday and today pop loves songs. So let's see how we do in pop music. Question number one of eight in the grab bag, who gets all mushy by singing the lyric girl, You're amazing just the way you are? Again for question number one? Who gets all mushy by singing the lyric girl, You're amazing just the way you are? For question number one? All right, are you ready for question number two?
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: In the eighties, one of my favorite decades, the band Foreigner had a rock ballad that contained the lyric can't stop now, I've traveled so far to change this lowly love. Can you name that rock ballad from the eighties by the band Foreigner. I'm gonna repeat it again. The nineteen eighties Foreigner I had a bunch of hits. They had a rock ballad that was one of their biggest hits that contain the lyric can't stop now, I've traveled so far to change this lonely life. Now you gotta fill in the blank. What is the title of that song? For number two, Mike.
Speaker 4: At the end of this, can you record all these songs for me? Because I'm loving what you're doing? Okay, good?
Speaker 1: I loved putting this this one together, all right? Question number three. Question number three, what Belgian Australian singer songwriter had that huge hit song from twenty twelve? Somebody that I used to know. That's part one of the question. Remember the artists that had that huge hit song from twenty twelve, somebody that I used to know. And then for a bonus point, who is the female New Zealand singer that was featured on the track. It was this artist featuring the woman that would come in for the hook, that song that was everywhere for at least a year. Yeah, no, no, no, no, We're gonna get sued so many times during this round by the people are going.
Speaker 4: To keep listening to this middle part. They're just gonna listen to them and singing all the songs.
Speaker 1: So again, question number three, what Belgian Australian singer songwriter had the huge hit song from twenty twelve? Somebody that I used to know. And for a bonus point, who was the female New Zealand singer that was featured on that track. All right. Question number four, what two word eda James Classic is a staple at just about every wedding reception. It's usually the first dance.
Speaker 3: It was a staple at mister Obama's inauguration.
Speaker 1: Yes, there it is that. That is correct. So two word edit James Classic. You've heard it a bajillion times and more specifically, yeah, you've heard it every couple slow dancing at their wedding reception. It's a good chance you're gonna hear them, all right. Question number five, what boy band had a nineties hit with as long as You Love Me? I don't know this as well, So Jackie you got this one?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 5: Let me say the whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do the build up.
Speaker 5: I'm not losing it. Okay.
Speaker 3: What boy band had a nineties hit with as long as You Love Me?
Speaker 1: Yes? All right? Question number six, finish this Elvis Presley lyric wise, men say, here we go. That's it. That's all you get. That's all you get. Elvis.
Speaker 5: You're not accurate. You don't needmore accurate now that he did.
Speaker 1: Not, thank you.
Speaker 4: You can't see the hips that you're working too. You're working the Elvis hips too.
Speaker 1: Hot for TV Question number six, Yeah, finished the Elves lyric wise men say, and then fill in that blank for number six. Question number seven, we're at the penultimate question in your pop culture grab back Today we're talking about pop love songs. What songstress had hits? We found love and Love on the Brain? More popular artists from recent times over the last again like ten to fifteen years. What songstress had hits? We found love and Love on the Brain, which is an incredible song. I love that song. Yeah, it's playing in my head. It's playing in my head. I wish you could see my hips, you know? Can I low register for that? Sorry? Guys awread no, not at all? Sex cells in podcasting? All right? And finally, question number eight of eight in the round, what Canadian made us swoon in the late nineties with the open lines? Looks like we made it look off We've come, my baby. And for a bonus point, name the song. I'll give you another chance. For a bonus point, can you name the Canadian that made us swoon with that song? That's another one. You'll hear it most wedding receptions in the slow dance lane. Name the artist and then if for a bonus point, name that song. So chance for a lot of points in this realm. But I didn't take it easy on you. These aren't all slam dunks. This is killing me, Mike, Mike, why why? Yeah, Jackie's got it. They can't all be pit maneuvers. Chad. You just pulled the pit maneuver, Chad in the back quarter panel, Jackie, sing it one more time.
Speaker 5: Look, flak, we made it. I feel like I'm giving you a bit of a clue. Look how we've come, my babby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wowtiful, God, this is beautiful. It's our best episode yet. All right, pencils down, Let's go over our answers for the pop culture grab Bag again. Today we are doing a music round. These are all about pop love songs. We have a tie game going into this round. Question number one, who gets all mushy by singing the lyric? Girl? You're amazing just the way you are? Chris? What did you put for number one? Is it justin Bieber? Justin the beebes Bieber? Great guess, Chad, Jamien, what did you put? And by the way, Chris and I just fight over music, So I'm very curious about this category. But I would say the lovely John Legend. You've said it earlier. John Legends sings.
Speaker 6: That that deserves a sploosh, winning down Legend and the Beebes.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is Bruno mars Man. Yeah, now it rings a bell. Girl. You're amazing just the way you are, Bruno mars For my dad loves Bruno mars That's.
Speaker 3: A who doesn't love you kind of incredible.
Speaker 1: I feel, okay, I'm going to brush off the dust there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but don't worry. John Legend gets that you like him.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, like, Chad is in love John Legend. Pretty great, all right? Question number two? Great question here eighties we're talking eighties, we're talking foreigner. They had a rock bell that contained the lyric can't stop Now. I've traveled so far to change this lowly life. Chad, What did you come up with for number two? I had no idea. I think it's that song that goes I want to know Love? Is that? Is that even the lyric? But I just wrote I want to know because because I really do want to know. He wants to know. Inquiring minds want to know, Chris, what did you.
Speaker 4: Put I want to know lovee is?
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, you're both getting the point because that is exactly what it is. I want to know what love is. You sang it, so you got it. You both nailed it. It's I want to know what love is by foreigner. You nailed it. Great job. I cannot okay, that's oh my god, I'm sweating. Okay, trust yourself, you did great. Question number three, what Belgian Australian singer songwriter had a huge hit song from twenty twelve? I can't believe that's that old somebody that I used to know. And for a bonus point, what was the female New Zealand singer that was featured on the track? It was this one word artist and then featuring so and so? Chris, what did you come up with?
Speaker 2: If you could plug into my brain, I could show the music video for it. Yeah, I've got nothing for you.
Speaker 1: Very memorable video, yeah, very art artsy, artsy video. Yeah, Chad, did you come up with anything? I think I got both. Oh, so the guy is Goat Gotier? Did I say that right? Gotier? Uh? Huh yay? And I believe was it Kimber? Oh my god? What do I do you know what you have to. He's no Timber. I'm gonna give you one and a half points. We're gonna do fractions again. We're gonna you're gonna get one and a half points. It is Gotier. He's the one name singer that did somebody that I used to know, peaching Kim Bra, Kim br Kim Brah.
Speaker 5: For anyone to whip out something close.
Speaker 1: To Kim, you're so damn close. So you're getting one and a half. You're getting one, okay points because you're you're right there. You're one letter off. But it is Gotier featuring Kimbra, that great song that was in my head for like five years, and now it'll be back now that I brought it back. It's coming back.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Question number four, what two word at? A James classic is a staple just about every wedding reception and the Obama Uh what.
Speaker 5: Was it again?
Speaker 1: I think his inaugural ball? Yeah, Chad, what do you got? I believe it's at last? At Last? Chris? What did you put at last? My love has come along, My lonely days are over. Yeah, it's one of the greatest songs of all time. It is at Last, by the wonderful Edda James for number four. Question number five, what boy band had the nineties hit with? As Long As You Love Me? Chris? Is it in sync and sync? Great guest, Chad, what do you got? I'm gonna go with the Backstreet Boys? Who we got and sync? Versus Backstreet Boys again head to head? As always, the correct answer is Backstreet's back All right, boys, I know my boy bands? For number five Chad's wheelhouse again all right. Question number six was finished the Elvis Presley lyric wise men say, Chad, what did you get? Only fools rush? Excellent? Chris, what do you got?
Speaker 4: Only fools rush in?
Speaker 1: And then to finish that off, but I can't help falling in love with you. You nailed it, Only Fools Rush In? But I can't help falling in love with you that Elvis classic for number six, Great work. Question number seven, what songs stress had the hits? We found love and love on the brain? Chris? Robin Robin? Great guess, Chad, what did you put? I'm gonna go with Rihanna? Ooh we have Robin and Rihanna. You guys are right there. Every time there's a difference of opinion, we have Robin and Rihanna. The correct answer is the woman from I Believe Barbados is Rihanna. Rihanna. For number seven, we dated briefly, Yeah we didn't. Sorry. Question number eight finishing strong, what Canadian made us swoon in the late nineties with the opening lines, looks like we made it? Look how far we've come? My baby? And for a bonus point, can you name the song? Chad? Did you get any of these? Well? I think I got the artist. I think it's Shanaia Twain. Okay, do you have an idea of what the song is? I just wrote and made it. Chris, what did you put?
Speaker 4: I got Shania Twain and I put looks like we made.
Speaker 7: It, looks like made it, gave it away by singing the answer in the question, it's You're still the one, You're still the one.
Speaker 1: You're still the one. But it is Shania Twain. So you both got a point there. But now we got fractions after this, so it can't be. It cannot be, Jackie. I know, I know math is not either of our strong suits, but Kimber and Kimbro we had to do a half point there. What do we got after two?
Speaker 3: You know what this is This was a very fun round, very good for Chad who is in the lead with a eleven point five points, but Chris is not far behind with eight.
Speaker 1: Ooh, fantastic eleven and a half to eight at halftime. I like that very much. Again, we're here with Chad Jamien. You could follow him at Chad Jamien and follow his cat merv the pet and mirve the cat on TikTok. He is playing for the Kitten Rescue dot org. And we're here with Chris Malika. You can follow him at Chris Malka on Instagram and Twitter, and he's playing for the Los Angeles LGBT Center. We're halfway home as we enter our third out of four rounds. It's the infamous or dreaded Lightning Round.
Speaker 5: Round three, the Lightning Round.
Speaker 1: Now, Chris, you are trailing, so you can go first in the Lightning round. And today you could choose from these three headings or categories. They have nothing to do with the question or the answers, but you could choose these fun things. Hiccups, brain freeze, we're a Charlie whores name, You're poison for your lightning round question. I still like my slurpees. So we're going brain freeze, my brain freeze. We're doing brain free So I'm gonna say the question twice. I'm gonna say go, I'm gonna hit the button on my phone. You're gonna have twenty seconds to say as many answers out loud as possible. Chad, You're gonna want to jot some answers down because I'm coming straight to you with your five second rebuttle as soon as Chris is twenty seconds are up. Here is Chris your brain freeze lightning round question? Per the e Commerce Guide, what are the top nine e commerce websites in the United States where we buy all our crap from? So p the Per the e Commerce Guide, what are the top nine e commerce websites in the United States? Twenty seconds on the clock and go.
Speaker 2: Amazon, Walmart, Google, Target, Back and beyond, m geezu, eBay, uh Etsy.
Speaker 1: Uh stop? You got the top five only smokes, you nail the top five. You got Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Etsy, and Target. Well done, Chris, all right, your five second rebuttal to see if you can still steal. There's still four on the board. Chad again for the e Commerce Guide. One are the top nine e commerce websites in the United States. Five seconds on the clock, Chad, and go Wayfair overstock Target. You stole one. You stole Wayfair was number kine on the list. Great job, all right. The ones we didn't get to. Number six, the home Depot number six, people buying all their home goods there at the home depot. The do di I wires. Number seven was still surprise in Craig's list, was still on this list. Upsetting, Actually, that's upsetting. And number eight is another one where it's like, on a few more years, is it still going to be around? Is best buy? Best Buy is still up there?
Speaker 5: Well, you're gonna get your digital cameras?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where you're gonna get your digital cameras are back for some reason.
Speaker 1: It's le Circuit City. Geez Jackie. Yep, it's got four megapixels. Huh. But you guys trounced the brain freeze category. That was great job, well done, all right, Chad, it's your turn in the barrel. How you'd forget about me? Okay, you can choose hiccups or a Charlie horse for your question. Oh god, let's do Charlie Horse. Oh I'm sweating you. We're gonna do a Charlie Horse question. So the hiccups fun question. It's just gonna have to go back in the hopper for a future game. But here is your Charlie Horse lightning round question.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it twice. Say you're gonna twenty seconds. Give me those answers, Chris, write some answers down because I'm coming straight to you after his twenty seconds are up. So here's your Charlie Horse lightning around question. Name the last nine best picture winners at the Academy Awards. Named the last nine Best picture winners twenty seconds on the clock and ago Okay Moonlight? Oh La La Land No same? Oh God, okay Moonlight? Why am I blinking? Why am I blanking? Okay? The last one? Oh? Oh Oppenheimer, or perhaps it was Barbie Oppenheimer. Barbie, let's see what the year before? Oh did Wolf of Wall Street win? Wolf of Wall Street? Just stop stop stopping? You got it goes by way too quick? Was that the worst ever on your show?
Speaker 4: My god?
Speaker 1: It all you got two, you got two, you got Oppenheimer, and you did get Moonlight. Uh so your chance Chris to steal some answers as still seven on the board, the last nine Best picture winners. Five seconds on the clock and go.
Speaker 2: Everything everywhere all once, Racist Car Drive up.
Speaker 1: You stole everything everywhere all at once.
Speaker 3: I wish I could give you, I gots car drive, I give.
Speaker 1: You, I give like a eighth of a point, because that's pretty much what it is. But you stole everything everywhere once. Let's go for the ones we didn't get to. Number three was Coda, remember Coda, the Darling of the Oscars. That year before that, Nomad Land five, Parasite Ah. Then then Racist Car Ride Green Book was number six. Number seven was Gierre Moldel Toro's The Shape of Walter. And then just like Moonlight, very similar sounding name. Right before that was Spotlight Spotlight. It was Spotlight Moonlight back to back. But you guys did well. Jackie doing the math.
Speaker 3: It got interesting, very interesting, because now we're pactically at a tie.
Speaker 5: If for that.
Speaker 3: Damn half point we got Chris is fourteen and Chad with fourteen point five.
Speaker 4: Yes, I knew, I knew that point five is going to come into play.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's going to come in to play for sure, all right, it is a half point game. After three rounds, as we enter our fourth and final round between you two gentlemen, Round four, the Double Duty. We call it the Double Duty because points are doubled and there are nine questions in this round, so there are eighteen very important points that are up for grabs today. In the Double Duty, we're doing a TV round, and more specifically, we're doing questions all about late night television. Here is question one of nine what late night hosts host singular likes to take a closer look at things? One of this person's bits is to do a closer look. Name that late night TV host for number one? Question number one again, what late night host likes to take a closer look at things? For number one? Question number two? What theater was the home of The Late Show with David Letterman and it is the home for the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Name that famous theater for number two? Question number three, The Roots are the house band of course for the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallen. Can you name the famous drummer and lead MC of the Roots? I need them both of the Roots crew again for question number three, The Roots or the house band of the Tonight show with Jimmy Fallon, Can you name the drummer and the lead MC of the Roots crew for question number three? All right? Question number one or Conan O'Brian featured many memorable characters on his long running show, including Pimpbot five thousand, Triumph the insult comic dog, and Andy's little sister that was played by who. What famous comedic actress played Andy's little sister multiple times on Conan O'Brien's late night shows again. He featured many memorable characters on his long running show, including Pimp Bop five thousand, Masturbating Bear, I think, Triumph the dog, and Andy's little sister played by who for number four and.
Speaker 4: Carrie was the masturbating bear one time too.
Speaker 1: Oh I love it. I love when you find out like who was inside that? Sometimes are all right? Question number five of nine. Desi Lightick, Ronnie Chang, and Jordan Klepper have recently been guest hosting what late night show. They've been taking turns guest hosting Desie Lightick. I did a commercial with her, one of my first commercials ever I did with her, Ronnie Chang and Jordan Klepper. They're all incredible I've recently been guest posting what late night show? For number five? I like question number six quite a bit. Name the sidekicks for both Jimmy Kimmel and Chelsea Handler. They have very excellent sidekicks. Can you name them? Jimmy Kimmel and Chelsea Handler? Can you name them? And usually we want last names will suffice. I think first names will definitely suffice on this question. Interesting, Interesting, all right? It comes down to these three final questions. Question number seven of nine, who hosts the CBS late night Comedy show after midnight? And for a bonus point, who was the original host of Comedy Central's at Midnight? Question number seven again, who hosts the CB late night Comedy show after midnight? And for a bonus point, who is the original host of Comedy Central's at Midnight? All right, your penultimate question in the double duty question number eight of nine. After Joan Rivers was dismissed from her hosting duties on the Late Show on Fox, this is the early days of Fox. What comedian slash comedic actor filled in did a great job and got his own late night talk show on CBS a couple of years later, So we're talking like late eighties era here. So after Joan Rivers was dismissed from her hosting duties on the Late Show on Fox, what comedian slash comedic actor filled in did a great job and got his own late night talk show on CBS a couple years later. For question number eight, that's an awesome question. Yeah, that's an awesome question. Do I know the answer? I don't know. We'll see, we'll find out. Yeah, Jackie, if you could look up why Joan Rivers forget of course she said something controversial, I fired, yeah, from her Fox late night hosting gig. I'm sure it's it's probably laughable, like nowadays of what people have gotten away with her said, it's probably well.
Speaker 3: I just know that she was fired from Fox because she challenged Fox executives who wanted to fire her husband as the show's producer. Wow, so then the show fired him.
Speaker 1: Both great. And the reason why she's banned from the Tonight Show is because her show was competing with the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, and that's why he was like, how dare you do this to me? I let you guest host? So he was there was Yeah, big rift between them. That's what it was? All right, Finally we are here question number nine of nine. Full Frontal was a TBS late night show hosted by What Funny Lady? Not too long ago. Full Frontal was a TBS late night show for a few seasons. I believe was hosted by what funny Lady. For question number nine, it was Full Frontal with name that funny Lady.
Speaker 4: I almost said.
Speaker 5: It how loud haha?
Speaker 1: Sounding it out? I was sounding it out, all right, pencils down. Let's go over our answers in the late night television Double Duty Radcliff round. We have a half point game entering this fourth and final round. Question number one, what late night host likes to take a closer look at things? Chad? What did you put? You know? This is a hard one. I have to go, I wrote Leno, But I wrote Leno, Jay Leno, do you hear about this? Do you hear about this? I want to take a closer look? Did you have about this? Chris? What did you put? Number one?
Speaker 4: I'm really taken by Leno. It's Seth Myers.
Speaker 1: Oh we have Jay Leno and Seth Myers, both on NBC. The correct answer is Seth Myers. We have a lead change. Oh my god, I feel like this is going to go back and or forth? What seth Meyers for number one? It is? On question number two? What theater was the home of The Late Show with David Letterman and is the home for The Late Show with Stephen Cole Bear, Chris.
Speaker 4: We're talking the Ed Sullivan Theater.
Speaker 1: I believe the Ed Sullivan Another TV host, Chad, what did you put? I thought it was the Johnny Carson Theater. The Johnny Carson Theater the Ed Sullivan Theater, both titans in television history. The correct answer is the Ed Sullivan Theater. I am melting christ New York City, New York City, the Ed Sullivant Theater. All right, here we go. Question number three. The Roots are the house band for the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Of course, can you name the drummer and the lead MC of the Roots crew? Chad? That would be obviously quesla Of and John Legend.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's bringing it back.
Speaker 1: He's bringing it back. Questlove and John Legend. Chris, what did you put?
Speaker 4: I had Questlove as well? And Kimbra A.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm gonna give each of you one point since you both got the same one drummer that everyone knows. It seems like there's twenty Questloves because he's everywhere at all times. He's the greatest. Put out a second book recently. It is Questlove. And then the incredible MC of the Roots Crew is Black Thought? Black Thought? Is that lead MC of the Roots Crew? For number three? Question number four, Conan O'Brien featured many memorable characters on his long running show, including five thousand, Triumph, They insult, Comic Dog and Andy's little sister that was played by who Chris? That's Amy Poehler, Amy Pohlar. She's great, Chad. What did you put? Yeah? Different? Amy? I had Amy Sidaris, Amy Sidaris or Amy Pohlar. I will tell you it is an Amy oh and that's.
Speaker 4: The end of the show.
Speaker 1: This could be pivotal. The correct answer is Amy.
Speaker 4: Polar.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he's killing me.
Speaker 4: Polar.
Speaker 1: So far it is a double duty nightmare for Chad Jamie. It is a dream come true for Chris. But don't get cocky, kid, we still have plenty to go here.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I will get cocky.
Speaker 1: Question number five Daisy Lightek, Ronnie Chang and Jordan Klepper have recently been guest hosting what late night talk show or TV show? Chad, I had late Night, Late Night with Seth Myers, But I'm not confident Night with Seth Myers. Now you're just triple guessing everything. It's it's bail water out of the sinking ship, Chad, it really is. You have this Late Night with Seth Myers. Chris, what do you got?
Speaker 4: Daily Show?
Speaker 1: The Daily Show? Yeah? John Stewart's back on Mondays, but Tuesday through Friday it's been a mixed bag of a bunch of different guest hosts, including Desi, Ronnie, and Jordan. We're talking about the Daily Show for number five. All right, we need it, we need we need a strong showing it down the stretch. Chad, here we go. I got this. I am confident. Question number six, name the sidekicks for both Jimmy Kimmel, Chelsea Handler, Chris? What do you got? Germo is Kimmel? But I don't know Handler, I don't know her. Okay, Chad, do you got both? Yeah? I had the exact same Guermo and I had a blank for Handler. And even though I'm gonna kick myself, Okay, So you're both gonna get one point a piece because it is Guermo for Jimmy Kimmel and then Chelsea. He has passed on. I got to work with him on a commercial, one of the first commercials I ever did. Is the greatest guy ever. His name was Chewy. Little Chewy Bravo was Chelsea's little nugget that was with her all those many years. But he passed I think a couple of years ago. But just the greatest guy. What an awesome dude. But Guillermo and Chewy for number six? Question number seven, who hosts the CBS late night comedy show after Midnight? And for a bonus point, who is the original host of Comedy Central's at Midnight kind of the same show with different names? Chad, what did you get?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: You know, I love my bonus points because I wrote lovely, funny blonde lady as first right, and then the original host sorted the host before the name change, Chris Hardwick awesome blonde lady, nice lady, and Chris Hardwick Chris, what did you put?
Speaker 4: Addison Timson? I was trying to land it. And Chris Hardwick.
Speaker 1: I love that It's like it's like Chevy Chase and Fletch. When he's just coming up with last name, he's like, mister Sinlndon. John Cock toasts no trying to land that plane. You weren't far off, you were in the ballpark. She's got she's got a few great stand up specials on Netflix, and now she's yeah, the host of it. Her name is Taylor Tomlinson. Taylor Tomlinson is that great host of After Midnight. And then at midnight you both nailed it is Chris Hardwicks. You're both gonna get a point apiece for Chris Hardwick. All Right, comes down to these last two. After Joan Rivers was dismissed from her hosting duties on the Late Show on Fox, Well comedian slash comedic actor filled in did a great job and got his own late night talk show on CBS a couple of years later. Chris, what did you put for number eight?
Speaker 4: Nothing? I want to know the answer.
Speaker 1: Got nothing? Chad, you need this? What do you got? I feel really strongly that that was except for the CBS part, which throws me off. But I think it's Jay Leno.
Speaker 5: Jay.
Speaker 1: I know. Jay Leno was famous for filling in for David Letterman a bunch, which helped him get his show. This person he had a dog Pound. We're talking about Arcinio Arcinio Hall. Yeah, he had a great late night show where you know, Clinton played the saxophone and whatnot. But yeah, the dog Pound whooping it up for I think four or five years on CBS, and then they brought it back I think for a year not too long ago. But yeah, the great Arcinio Hall. And the reason he couldn't do the show straight away is he was shooting Coming to America with Eddie Murphy. After that little stint, he shot that movie, and then after the movie was done and some other stuff, then they was like, all right, I'm ready to do a late night talk show Artsinia and then finally yeah, yeah, yeah, she got it. Question number nine. Full Frontal was a TBS late night show hosted by What Funny Lady. Chad Jamien had a go Samantha Bee, Samantha B I love her, Chris.
Speaker 4: What did you put Samantha Be?
Speaker 1: Samantha Bee and Samantha Be It would be Samantha Be got to start on the Daily Show, but then did her own hilarious show on TBS for a while. Samantha b Oh my gosh, Jackie's doing the math. She's carrying the one. Jackie lay it on us.
Speaker 3: Wow. After trailing the entire game except for the first round it was a tie, Chris came up from behind and is now the winner with twenty seven points. Chad, you were just there with nineteen point five points.
Speaker 4: Boom.
Speaker 1: That was a hell of a double duty for Chris. Chris in fact the smartest person in the world for one week. Unbelievable. Wow, we are as good. Yeah, you should feel good. That was a hell of a round because that was not an easy round at all. I did not take it easy on you guys, and you killed it in that round. Chris our champ. You can follow him at Chris Malika on Instagram and Twitter. We're happy to make a donation in your name to the wonderful Los Angeles LGBT Center. Again, look for him on all those movies on toob after We're over Sofa King or No Man is an Island with a cooler full of beer and family obligations. And then Chad Jamien follow him at Chad Jamien on all the social media, and then check out mirv the Pet or Mirve the Cat on all the things. We're happy to make a donation in Chad Jamien's name to the Great Kitten Rescue dot Org again. Follow Merv the Cat everywhere. Check out all the commercials he's on Fruit of the Loom. What fruit are you Chad in the Fruit of the Looms? Well, technically not a fruit. If you go back to the early eras, you'll see a leaf and he has a leef that follows the great But it worked out well for me because I don't get to do much. It's sad. He's a sad guy, sadly sad leaf, perfect type cast. That's great, guys, what a great game. But it's not over because it's time for Jackie to do the final throwdown. The final throwdown, Jackie's going to give us kind of a one off question and the three of us are going to have a little fun coming up with some answers. So Jackie take her away.
Speaker 3: I've been eaten by mosquitos a lot lately, and mosquitoes have been around since the Mesozoic era.
Speaker 4: Jesus.
Speaker 5: The Mesozoic era.
Speaker 3: Sandwich between the Cenozoic and the Paleozoic has three periods in it. Oh, And I was wondering if you could name two of the three periods, okay, but I think you could name all three if you if you got you.
Speaker 1: Know, what were the what were the other ones? We're talking about the mess but you swore the other but Methozoic.
Speaker 5: So I'll give you some of the periods.
Speaker 1: That it was. But it was in between the Cenozoic and the which one Paleozoic?
Speaker 3: Okay, and some periods in the Cenozoic, just so you can like get into the I honestly don't even know these because you really only learn about the other you hear, I'll give you some Paleozoic ones. Paleozoic, We've got the Devonian period, the Silurian period, the Cambrian period.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think exact. I have some ideas. I think I have some ideas.
Speaker 3: Bonus point if you can say which period the mosquitoes are from.
Speaker 5: But that's just you know, I guess at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Boy, because I'm getting a little like itch in my brain from like learning about dinosaurs and like all dinosaurs. Yeah it is period Durassic. Yeah, there's like Triassic Jurassic and yeah, something else Cretaceous Cretaceous periods, So it could be Cretaceous, Jurassic. Try I as, I only know things from Pixar, So maybe, like I say, dinosaur. My answer, yeah, you guys have kids, and you've seen all those little dinosaur movies. They ever make any jokes or bits about what period they're living in. Does someone look at a watch and go, Hi, half past the Cenozoic.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say this. You've already guessed it.
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's Jurassic, Triassic, and Cretaceous.
Speaker 1: Oh whoa, that's what I said. I love that you just stopped us and didn't let us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't talk yourself out of it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Out of those three, there's a period where the mosquitoes came from same period that housed the t rex.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, which one of those it's not?
Speaker 4: It's not Jurassic. That's the trick.
Speaker 1: I think that's a trick. Yeah, I think you're.
Speaker 4: That's the trick. May be Cretaceous. I I like.
Speaker 1: I like the way you're thinking, Chad, do you want to do that? You want to do one of the other ones, just so we're safe and one of us is going to guess it. Right, I gotta stick with the ice age. Guys.
Speaker 4: You like that little squirrel right cut?
Speaker 1: So great?
Speaker 5: It is cretaceous.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, they need to rename it the worst, the worst. If mosquitoes were created then because they are the worst. Wild gentlemen, that was terrific, great game, Thanks for being on our show. A continued success on all you do and have the best summer ever.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was awesome. Great to be on the show.
Speaker 5: Wait to go, everybody.
Speaker 3: See you next week for another episode of You Should Know Better.
Speaker 1: I want to help out the podcast. Please subscribe to You Should Know Better. Wherever you listen to podcasts, Rate our show and write a review if you can. It really helps get the word out to the masses. We thank you, and for some daily trivia action, check us out on TikTok and Instagram until next week. Take care of yourselves and each other. We're all in this together. And then the immortal words of Harry Carey, So long, everybody, You Should Know Better?
Speaker 8: As produced by Jackie Gonzalez de Ruthie and myself Mike C. Nelson, edited by Nick Wright. All music created by mister Kevin Shema. Voiceover talent Natalia Castelianos and graphic design by Jason Caldera and Calderico