Speaker 1: One Nickelodeon, and.
Speaker 2: You won't know my name is the law.
Speaker 3: But I lay my fender upon.
Speaker 1: As a.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Getberger.
Speaker 2: Home out to Getburger. Can't I take yards? You can take a manager.
Speaker 3: Sit right there, I'll tell you how it became the prince of a town called bel Air.
Speaker 5: Cobain's body was found in a house in Seattle on Friday morning.
Speaker 6: He was dead of an apparently self inflicted shotgun blast to the head.
Speaker 5: We have reports from Paris the Dinah, Princess of Wales has been killed in a car accident.
Speaker 1: M a body roun your body.
Speaker 7: Ride, Hello, and welcome back to the show. I, of course, as.
Speaker 8: Usual, am extremely excited for this brand new mini series, and so let the Nineties Night begin. In this series, we will be discussing the weird, the wonderful, and the depravity that was the nineteen nineties. As a nineties kid, I of course possess a great deal of sentiment for the decade. Even creating the theme song for this series got me absolutely sick with nostalgia. For me, the nineties and early two thousand's was the best time for a kid to be growing up. I know, everybody fucking says that, but I mean, think about it.
Speaker 4: It was the decade where.
Speaker 8: There was an actual huge shift with the accessibility of the Internet and having a cell phone and shit like that. For me, I still had the advantage of playing outside, call my friends on the landline and having to memorize phone numbers and shit. And I still to this day have my house phone memorized since I was in like the third grade six oh six five six one, six oh two nine. I even made like a little song about it and shit, so I wouldn't forget it in case, you know, you were at school and you got stabbed and they're like, what's your parents' phone number?
Speaker 4: Six oh six by six one, six oh two nine.
Speaker 8: But anyways, then the slow we shit like video games, cell phones, fucking you remember those digipet Tamagatchi shits, and basically just technologies started.
Speaker 4: Creeping in and before.
Speaker 8: You know it, we all had fucking top ten friends lists on fucking MySpace and gtling, watching Jersey Shore and shit, and it's all downhill from snooky, dude.
Speaker 4: Look at us.
Speaker 8: We've fully integrated with technology, and it seems like our entire identity value in self worth comes from interactions on social media.
Speaker 4: For me, it seems much like the Laurel Canyon.
Speaker 8: The nineties were a pivotal point.
Speaker 4: In time where you can see an actual shift in.
Speaker 8: Culture and human beings in general. Not to mention it ushered in many major events like the rise of grunge and alternaive rock music, the deview of iconic TV shows like Fucking Friends, the dominance of hip hop culture, the emergence of independent cinema with directors like Quinston Tarantino, and let's not forget the widespread popularity of The Fucking Titanic, and the beginning of the Internet Revolution, of course, which significantly impacted communication and entertainment access. So I recently watched a show on HBO called The Dark Side of the Nineties, and yeah, it did inspire me to create this series, but to do it the right way. Like all mainstream documentaries, it completely failed at showing the true nature of the dark side of the nineties. Someone having a bad day over a beanie baby is not what I would consider the dark part of the nineties, dude, So buckle up, because I'm gonna take you on a ride through the darkest, weirdest, and craziest parts of the nineties. Through this series, you may be hearing from some of my favorite fellow conspiracy theory podcasters talking about their memories of the nineties. And hey, listen, not all of you have particularly fond memories of this decade.
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 8: But we're gonna kick it Cosmic Peach style and you're gonna have a good time either way. And if you are someone who is a Patreon subscriber and you are able to watch the video, this is going to be more of a podcumentary style. And I'm even gonna throw in some of my very own home movie from the nineties featuring me little tiny cosmic Peach in my family. So with that being said, let's start this bitch out with a bang. Our first stop on our Nineties tour took place on June twelfth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 6: My want emergency. You can get someone over here now to three two five Gretna Green.
Speaker 9: He's back.
Speaker 10: Please?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: What does he look like? O? J?
Speaker 10: Simpson?
Speaker 9: I think you know his record?
Speaker 6: Could you just think be over here?
Speaker 10: Kay? What is he doing there?
Speaker 9: He's just oh, yes, he just drove over.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, what kind of car is the end? He's in a white Bronco. But first of all, he broke the back door down to get in. Wait a minute, what's your name, Nicole sim Okay? Is he the sports counter or whatever?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, wait a minute, where Timitholise? What is he doing? Is he's threatening you or nuts?
Speaker 10: Kay?
Speaker 6: Has he threatened you anyway?
Speaker 9: Or or is he just arounsing it?
Speaker 6: You're gonna hear him in the minute.
Speaker 9: Who's about the company again?
Speaker 6: Okay, just stay on the line. I don't wanna stay on the line. He's gonna beat the ship. Wait a minute, way, just stay on the line so we can know what's going on.
Speaker 9: Till the police get there.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay to go, uh huh, just a moment. Does he have any weapons?
Speaker 9: I don't know. Okay, he went home and now he's back like shits were up there.
Speaker 6: Sleeping and I don't want anything to happen. Okay, j has he hit you today or no?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, you don't need any paramedics or anything. Uh huh huh, Okay, you just want him to leave the door. He broke the wat back door in and then he left and he came down, and he came.
Speaker 9: And he practously knocked my up at their door down then he founded it and then he screamed and hollered, and I tried to get him out of the bedroom cause the kids are sleeping in there, okay. And then he wanted them, but he had phone number, and I gave him my.
Speaker 6: Uh phone booking was bent.
Speaker 9: I gave clicked my phone book down to write and give it write down the phone number that he wanted.
Speaker 6: And then he took my phone book with all my stuffing and what what does he says?
Speaker 5: Your domestic cowels at.
Speaker 9: Thirty we went every way.
Speaker 4: That's a second that entered.
Speaker 8: The late go too high and then four eight twenty five dres.
Speaker 6: Just stay on the line, okay, as you have said, with something.
Speaker 11: That you did.
Speaker 6: A long time ago, had always come to back.
Speaker 8: Nicole Brown Simpson the second wife of a man Can professional football player, actor and media personality Oh J.
Speaker 4: Simpson.
Speaker 8: She was murdered outside her brent One home, which just so happens to be located on Bundy Drive, along with her friend Ron Goldman. And yes, we're coming in with the faya, so let me break this down. I do find that it's odd and maybe more than just a coincidence that she was killed on Bundy Drive. And if you listen to the program to Kill or Blood Tie series, you know how that name should stand out to you as this is probably staged. But let's just take a look at it. Okay, there are many theories surrounding this, and people gravitate to all sorts of different camps, but let's just look at what we got here. We got a Kardashian a celebrity, the idea that Nicole was actually trans, Ron Goldman was probably gay. The trial was a staged media event. There was a bunch of weird race war esque behavior going on, and so fucking much more right, So I started looking into it a little bit and just seeing if I could find any tidbits of information that a lot of people might look over when it comes to this case. And a few months before the killings, OJ Simpson finished filming a pilot for frog Men, an adventure series comparable to The A Team, and Oj played the primary character, Bullfrog Burke, who led a gang of former US Navy seals. He underwent a fair amount of military training for Frogmen, including the use of a knife, and even in one scene he held the knife to the throat of a woman playing his daughter, so he was getting off on the shit and seals, by the way, also regularly were knit watch caps like the one found at the scene. So now let's look at the day of the murders in question. Okay, Nicole went to a restaurant where ron Goldman worked and apparently she left the pair of sunglasses.
Speaker 4: Blah blah, we all know this story.
Speaker 8: Okay, but anyways, the neighbors testified that they heard profuse barking throughout the night, beginning around ten to fifteen pm.
Speaker 4: Around ten fifty.
Speaker 8: Five pm, a dog walker who lived a few blocks away from the Simpson came across Nichole's akita barking in the street outside the home.
Speaker 4: The akita, whose legs.
Speaker 8: Were literally covered in blood, followed the man home. He tried to walk the dog back to where he found it, but the dog resisted. Later, he left the akda with a neighboring couple who offered to keep the dog overnight, but the dog was clearly spooked and agitated, so the couple decided fuck all this barking shit and decided to walk it back to where it had been found. So this is around midnight, and as they reached the area where the akita had been found, the dog stopped outside the Simpsons home and the couple saw for the first time Nichole's body laying outside the house. Police were then called to the scene, at which point they found Goldman's body near Nichole's. So The front door to the house was open when the bodies were found, but there were no signs that anyone had entered the building by breaking in or otherwise. Nichole's body was laying face down and barefoot at the bottom of the stairs leading to the door. The walkway leading to the stairs was covered in blood, but the soles of Nichole's feet were completely clean. Based on this evidence, investigators concluded that she was the first person to be attacked and the intended target. She had been stabbed multiple times in the head and neck, but there were very few defensive wounds on her hands, implying a very short struggle. To investigators, the final wound inflicted ran deep into her neck, severing her carotid artery. A large bruise in the center of her upper back with a corresponding footprint on her clothing indicated to investigators that after killing Goldman. The assailant returned to Nicole, who was on the ground, pulled her head back by the hair, and slit her fucking throat. Her layernics could literally be seen through the gaping wound in her neck, and vertebrate C three was completely severed. Brown's head was attached to her body by a fucking thread. Y'all, So I'm sure you know how the rest of the story goes. And if the glove doesn't fit, you must have quit high speed chase. And sure enough, motherfucker was acquitted, and YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 4: But I mean, come on.
Speaker 8: Let's really break this down. Spe receive style and look at this. Okay, The types of wounds received by Nicole Brown Simpson are very reminiscent of the wounds the Menindez Brothers' parents received. And like how I talked about Lizzie Borden acting the face off of her father and stepmother, this appears to be.
Speaker 4: A complete crime of passion. No one is doing.
Speaker 8: This fucking slashing and decapitating bullshit unless there is a significant degree of.
Speaker 4: Passion behind it.
Speaker 8: Why didn't Ron Goldman's head almost get severed off and Nicoles did?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Maybe it's because he was just trying to get Ron out of the way so he could go back to hacking and slashing on Nicole, because that's who was really supposed to die. I mean, let's think about this, Okay, let's talk about our possible suspects. If this is a crime of passion that is reminiscent of the Menindez Brothers and Lizzy Borden, it brings us to the theory that OJ's son is actually responsible for the murders. Could it be possible that Jason Simpson, OJ's son from a previous marriage was getting abused somehow by his stepmom or even both of them, OJ and Nicole. I mean, Nicole, who is probably trans. Let's be real, I've said it a thousand times. The fucking kids don't look like her, and her skeletal structure is consistent with being male.
Speaker 4: So who the fuck knows what was.
Speaker 8: Really going on? But I mean, could a weird sexual dynamic have existed which led him to murder and maybe OJ was only involved in helping with the cleanup. Okay, maybe OJ is guilty, but maybe not of murder. This is a theory. Okay, some people have gone with this theory, but others say it's too circumstantial and didn't explain why OJ's blood was at the scene in a plausible way.
Speaker 4: Maybe OJ and Jason fucking did it together.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: I mean, of course, there is a theory that OJ hired someone to do this. Okay, classic bitch move. But he didn't hire just anyone, and not just any killer, but a fucking serial killer.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 4: This theory actually.
Speaker 8: Comes from Clay Rogers, brother of serial killer Glenn Rogers, who claims his brother confessed to the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman why while he was on death row. According to this theory, Rogers was hired by OJ to commit a robbery but told to kill his wife if she got in the way, which apparently she did. But here's the thing. Rogers actually claimed to have killed more than seventy people but later recanted.
Speaker 4: So is he telling the truth?
Speaker 8: I mean, let's just say this is true, right, definitely could be based on the serial killer information we have, but it doesn't make sense for how gruesome the murder was if he was just trying to get Nicole out of the way quote unquote, why you the extra mile of practically decapitating the bitch, like really, and there was no sign of a break in.
Speaker 4: Jay did mention a second.
Speaker 8: Assailant in his retarded ass if I did it book, But I mean, it could be a hybrid of sorts.
Speaker 4: But hey, what about this one.
Speaker 8: What if the powers that be were trying to start some new type of racial division, race war type shit little George Floyd action. What if OJ is just playing a character in the entire event was staged to get a specific movement started or even a specific reaction from the general public. I mean, it's really just food for thought. Just remember it's never as simple as the official narrative, dude. And there are even theories that Nicole didn't die at all, but she later went on to be recasted as an new character named Megan Kelly. And while that's all good and great and could possibly be true, I don't rule out anything, and we could dig even further into the OJ case. But just note that we're gonna cover so much information in the next few episodes of this series.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to briefly touch on some.
Speaker 8: Of the major events. What do you think about the OJ Simpson trial. Did she really get murdered. Is she still alive? Is this some type of staged event, it involves the Kardashian It's all weird and ritualistic.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but.
Speaker 8: It's one of those pivotal moments in the nineties that if you grew up or we're old enough to watch the trial, it stuck with you, especially the high speed chase. But anyways, before we move on, let's change gears a little bit and take a quick break and we will be back right after this message.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 12: Hello, This is David Hamilton coming from snowy cold Cleveland, Ohio, with a request from my sister of talk about the nineties and what are the things I remember most about the nineties and the things that you know stand out the most or whatever.
Speaker 3: So I obviously don't want to let my sister down, So here we go the nineties. Now, I'm no historian, but I do know a fair bit about history and the nineties. I think the thing is stands out the most, obviously Kennedy assassination, the big deal they you know, the War of eighteen twelve. I believe, Crucifixion of Christ. Big nineties. Big nineties moments by recall no seriously, because the nineties was a crazy decade and I did live through it. So I will give you a couple of things that stand out to me. When I was a kid in the nineties, I remember Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls because they were just like super dominant. Nobody had really seen anything like Michael Jordan. Nobody has really seen anything like him since basically the greatest basketball thing that ever happened. And people will give you the debate nowadays of who's better Lebron James or Michael Jordan. The only people talking about that debate are the people who didn't see Michael Jordan in person or watch him play in real time. If you actually watched it happen and unfold the way that it did, you know that There's never been an athlete in sports do anything like that, and there will probably never be that again. So Michael Jordan and the Bulls, for sure. I would say that, like gangster rap. Gangster rap was crazy because it came around and like white people just did not know what to do with it. It was like it made us feel weird ways and it made us like, made us want to move, but it also made us feel like we were doing something wrong. And I just I think the passion of gangster rap when it hit was just nobody knew what to do with it, and it really did just change everything around you. I mean it changed culture, It changed television, It changed what white people were afraid of, and all kinds of things. So I definitely remember that coming about and everyone thinking they were in a gang for a minute, and like it was just a it was a crazy, crazy time that then the riots hit, and that really scared white people because like you got to watch it all unfold on television, and it's funny because like when you see it happening as opposed to hearing about something happening. That was the other thing about the nineties. You started seeing all this crazy stuff on the news, Like the OJ Simpson trial was on the news everything. So now trials were on the news. The car chase, the OJ Simpson car chase, that was the first thing I remember being on the news. That was like everyone stopped what they were doing. Every channel covered it, every like everyone just stopped what they were doing and ran to their TVs and just looked at it. And honestly, it really started the downfall of the news, let's face it, because like no one had seen clickbait like that. That was like clickbait before clicking, where it was like, all of a sudden, this giant event everybody in the world is covering. Everybody has to be watching it and talking about it, and it just created this massive industry of shock television, I guess, And everyone was trying to recreate the OJ scene, and I feel like they've never stopped trying to recreate the OJ scene, if that makes sense. Starter jackets, which also I guess kind of came from the Gangster rap. Think that's how it changed fashion. All of a sudden, all the kids wanted to have a starter jacket with like a team on it, and it could be anything. The one I remember the most that everyone wanted was the Charlotte Hornets for some reason. I think it was because it was a new team and the colors were cool. But everyone wanted to have have like a Charlotte Hornet starter jacket or just a starter jacket in general, because they were like one hundred bucks, and I don't know, it made you cool if you had one, I guess. In the nineties, I had my UFO encounter that I had I saw UFO a really big one, and it seems like in that year that was the year ninety seven, and it feels like that year like UFOs really did blow up. There was like a big There was a huge sighting in Arizona as well, what they referred to as the Arizona Lights, which was really cool. That was around the same time that I saw mine. So I was like super engulfed in it. And I still am very intrigued by all of that. Don't really know what I saw, but I know it was crazy, and yeah, I can't explain it, but yes, the nineties were a big UFO time. School shootings basically started in the nineties. The main one, the Columbine one, was where schools just changed everywhere. Like I graduated in nineteen ninety six, Columbine happened I think in nineteen ninety eight, and I remember the schools just like completely changing. Suddenly there was a police officer in schools now. And it went from like students would graduate and then come back the next year and like sit around in their favorite teachers class one day, you know, and just like talk about what they've been doing in college, and you know, see some of their friends, and I remember just all that changed after that, Like you couldn't get back into a school without a badge and being beeped in and you know, having to be escorted around the school and you could it just literally every everything changed, literally quite literally. I would say that one of the things I remember obviously most about the nineties and maybe don't remember as well as I should is raves and all the things that sort of went along with rave culture, which took a major shift, like from the mid nineties to the late nineties, it all sort of like changed into a big corporate thing that was happening. I don't know so like I would say the late eighties into the nineties, and then from the mid ninet like was like the peak of the rave scene up until like ninety five, ninety six, ninety seven, and then ninety eight ninety nine had just all started tanked out and then became like a big corporate thing. Like in the mid nineties, you would go to the raves where you had to find wristbands, Like you didn't know where the rave was until the night of you knew you had to go to this building to get a wristband and then come over and talk to this guy who had a flyer, and then this he would tell you where to get the other wristband, and then you'd wind up somehow or other. You'd wind up in a big hockey arena somewhere, just raving some really cool DJs and bands and whatever. And then it just kind of became like the drugs got scary. The drugs were really good in the mid nineties, at least they seemed really good, and they seemed safe and nobody was trying to kill you. And then it felt like when the two thousands came, everybody's just like drug dealers decided they wanted to kill all their customers. I still don't.
Speaker 1: Understand that.
Speaker 3: Internet and cell phones. Obviously used to live in a world without both of those things, and then in the nineties changed all that. By the end of the nineties, everyone had a cell phone in their pocket. I fought it. I thought it tooth and Nail. I was the last person I knew to have a cell phone because I was terrified if people knew knowing where I was at all times and being able to get a hold of me. And now it seems terrifying that someone wouldn't be able to get a hold of you at all times. So that's very strange. And a thing that the nineties sort of brought in is the hyper technology that we I'll deal with now. I can't really talk much about the music of the nineties because it was just the death of music. It was really really interesting in the beginning, and it had so much promise, and then by the end of the nineties, music was just corporate trash. Radio Head stands out to me, Beck stands out to me. There were a few really, really great bands in the nineties, don't get me wrong, but by the end of it, it was just a bunch of corporate shills trying to sound like the bands from the early nineties. So, yes, music, eh, what Epps. Movies were pretty good I liked. I made a little list of some movies that I liked. Here, let's see Clueless, Silence of the Lambs, Truman Show, Fargo, Saving Private Ryan, Pulp, Fiction, Shawshank, Redemption, Blair Witch Project, Yes that was ninety nine seven, Scream, Fight Club, American Pie, and Home Alone, just to name a few. Movies were really rad in the nineties, and there was some crap too, but those were some pretty good ones. Yeah, I mean, I guess that's the nineties. In a nutshell. There was like a weird I remember. I remember part of like, along with the rave culture and like the hip hop culture in the nineties, there was this sort of like a faux hippie revival, which I was sort of a part of a little bit, I guess, and a lot of my friends were. We all sort of viewed ourselves as like the re incarnation of the hippie movement, you know, And really it was just we liked a lot of the stuff they talked about, and you know, people started doing all the weird things and like wearing huge pants, fat pants and like but just wanting to be dirty, and girls not shaving their armpits and shaving anything really, which was very interesting. And like, you know, instead of bathing, they just hit themselves with like some pachuli or like some some stuff like that. And you know, I close my eyes right now, I can still smell some of that. But yeah, very a very strange sort of movement back to the hippie era of the sixties, and I think we caught some of it, you know what I mean, we were in we brought some of the music back and some of the psychedelia. Definitely some of the freakouts and the you know, eating acid and smoking weed on the fifty yard line type stuff and whatever, which was really fun. But I do think it was interesting that there was this sort of like faux hippie revival that happened in the nineties that everybody was into. But as far as I know, that's about the most I can remember about the nineties. This is probably way too long, but yeah, I hope this helped cool era. If you ever find a time machine, you should go back and check it out. It was fun and food was better back then too.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, bye.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 8: The next stop is good old Jerry Springer, my go to show on a sick day home from school, right up there with Mariy fucking in the case of one year old Jesus Joseph you are not the father, but yeah, so anyways, Jerry fucking Springer, Man, what a shit show, no pun intended. Jerry Springer's format used shock, violence, and combustible relationships to entertain the masses.
Speaker 4: But who the fuck is Jerry?
Speaker 8: Well, this is where it gets interesting and just proves my point that everything we see is just a big, staged, fucking theater show.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: Jerry was not only an.
Speaker 8: American broadcaster, journalist, and actor, he is also a lawyer and politician. Little known part of his life people like to forget. So he was actually born in London during World War Two to Jewish refugees escaping the fucking Holocaust. Springer was later raised in Queens, New York. He attended Northwestern University School of Law, qualified as a lawyer, and first became actively involved in politics, working for the campaign of Robert fucking Kennedy in nineteen sixty eight. He then became a Cincinnati City Council member, and.
Speaker 4: He served as the fifty sixth.
Speaker 8: Mayor of fucking Cincinnati from nineteen seventy seven to nineteen seventy eight. Not only that, but he then worked as a local news anchor in Cincinnati, where he won ten regional Emmy Awards for commentary. So how do we get a Holocaust refugee lawyer working for the Kennedy campaign mayor of Cincinnati hosting the raunchiest I married my pet horse and fucked my sister's man TV show Wow Fucking because Jerry, Just like in so many other situations, with politicians, serial killers, et cetera. Jerry is playing a fucking role and actually Springer was elected to the Cincinnati City Council in nineteen seventy one, but on April twenty ninth, nineteen seventy four, he resigned from the council after admitting to soliciting a prostitute and was involved in some real shady shit. But he then ran for office in nineteen seventy five, winning by a landslide, and was re elected in nineteen seventy seven and nineteen seventy nine. So, just like with other characters, he obviously was involved in some weird prostitution shit. So they retired Jerry from politics, and you know, they swapped things around a little bit and reinserted him in the pivotal role of changing TV and culture forever. At first, the Jerry Springer Show was boring dogshit, but in early nineteen ninety four, Springer and his new producer, Richard Dominic, revamped the show's format to garner higher ratings. The show became more successful as it became targeted towards tabloidish sensationalism. Jerry covered anything from adultery, best reality, homosexuality, transsexuality, prostitution, trannies, hate groups, and basically any other controversial situations, and most of these all out brawl out. Throwing wigs and swinging fists were often promoted by scripted shouting or violence on stage. But another part of the weirdness with the Springer Show is that it actually produced a real fucking body count, So get this shit.
Speaker 4: On July tenth, two thousand and two, the.
Speaker 8: Sons of Springer guest Nancy Campbell pants filed a suit in Sarasota County against Springer, his producers, and his distributor, claiming Springer created a mood that led to murder, as their mother was murdered by her ex husband after they appeared on a May two thousand episode with his new girlfriend. Ultimately, the sons of Nancy Campbell dropped all their claims against Jerry Springer. But it doesn't stop there. The murder of Scott Amateur occurred on March ninth, nineteen ninety five, at his mobile home in Lake Ore in Michigan. The thirty two year old was killed by twenty four year old Jonathan Schmidts, three days after the men appeared as guests for the taping of an episode of the copycat Springer talk show called.
Speaker 4: The Jenny Jones Show.
Speaker 8: Needless to say, the episode never aired. But why did Jonathan Schmidtz go crazy and kill this dude after the episode?
Speaker 4: Well, Scott came on.
Speaker 8: The show to admit to Jonathan that he had a big, fat, fucking gay crash on him, and essentially, Jonathan, embarrassed and apparently pissed the fuck off, went home and killed the shit out of Scott. And so there it is the beginning of trash fucking TV. A couple of dead bodies and a few hundred thrown wigs later, and we have reality TV, Snooky, the Real Housewives, the Kardashians, cops, you name it. We should all be so grateful for such a noble and upright politician like Jerry to usher in the wave of Jim Tan laundry and assaulting people in broad daylight and even occasionally murdering them, all for the sake of entertainment. Where would we be without the Jerry Springer Show. At the time the murder on The Jenny Jones Show went down.
Speaker 4: A lot of these daytime talk.
Speaker 8: Shows started veering away from subjects as crazy as what the Springer Show was covering, and with that, the Springer Show took it upon themselves to go even harder, get even crazier. And it's like I said, all of that led to where we are now killing people, assaulting people, fucking each other's man's throwing our wigs in the air, all.
Speaker 4: For the sake of entertainment.
Speaker 8: Did y'all watch the Jerry Springer Show? I fucking definitely did some people watch Wheel of Fortune when they were homesick? I was watching Springer and Mauri, two of my absolute faves.
Speaker 4: But with that, let's take another little break and we'll be right back after this.
Speaker 11: Yo, what is up? It is Catalyst Jones from the White Rabbit podcast. And when my girl hit me up about the nineties, was like, can you send me a short clip? And I was like, a short clip?
Speaker 4: Woman?
Speaker 3: Are you mad?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 11: I am a ninety victim. I was born in nineteen eighty in January, so in nineteen ninety I turned ten years old, and so I was ten until twenty and it was, oh my gosh, it formed every part of me, every single part of me. Like at the beginning of the nineties started out with like the Simpsons and Bart Simpson just with his spiky flat top a skateboard, and his attitude got me like hooked. I was like, oh my gosh, it were allowed to be rebellious. I was already rebellious, so he just like stuck.
Speaker 1: To me right.
Speaker 11: And not only that, it got me really interested in cartoons and realizing that I can create these things as well. So I started drawing and that got me into animations. So that was a huge inspiration and part of my life as well. And from the Simpsons I transformed, or not transformed, but transitioned. Ooh, we hate that word around here, right, transition But Beavis and Budded, I mean, who like Beavis and butt Head? At my age, they were the kids that you stumbled on that on accident on MTV and you were like, what in the actual F is this? And I cannot believe this is on TV. It was something that we had never seen before and it blew us away. What do I remember about the nineties, man? I remember going to Great America all the time with my friends, and everybody back then was wearing like shirts that had like Looney Tunes, wearing gangster clothes and we were all about baggy jeans and everything. I was obsessed with air Jordans and basketball. Jordan himself, he was like one of my idols, him and Bo Jackson and if you don't know Bo nos Man, bo Jackson was the shoe. And then I went from like Jordan's in the nineties to DC's like Airwalks, Alien Workshop, like totally transitioned into a skateboarder and punk rocker, but also like into hip hop and shit because Wu Tang Clan was out right there. And you know, when I was younger in the nineties, they taught us to stop drop and roll. But then later on in the nineties, if you were stop drop, what did you think of?
Speaker 3: Shut them down?
Speaker 1: Over it?
Speaker 11: Up shot come on? And then like no effects and like punk rock and all that. And that was when you dyed your hair a crazy color, not because you were a crazy liberal, because you were rebelling and it was like the punk rock thing to do.
Speaker 2: It was, it was dope.
Speaker 11: And then we had like video games like Mortal Kombat came out. It was blood bloody is hell. It was so bloody that it was on the news. They put it on the news telling our parents to watch out what we were playing. And I used to go to pizza. It was round table pizza, and me and my buddy would ride our bikes down there. We would get Hella quarters by selling golf balls that people would hit into the water, and then we would raise Hella money selling golf balls back to these people and we would go to a round table, get breadsticks and play Mortal Kombat all day. I know, I'm running out of time here, so I mean it was crazy. It was a crazy time. Jim Carrey was a huge part of my my life. I walk around like HDS coming through got the package, people like, just oh man, it was I miss it. Take me back, take the back.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 11: And you know, everybody was all obsessed over the whole what is his name? O? J? Simpson trial and everything, and you know, if the glove don't fit, then you got to quit. And the Brown family probably should have hired my cousin Vinnie out love you Cosmic Peach.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: All right, and we are back.
Speaker 8: Our next stop on the tour is one of the more notorious things that came out of the nineteen nineties, which was of course celebs like Johnny Depp, Christina Applegate, Keanu Reeves, and Leo reaching incredible heights of fame, and you might think that they would need a place to hang out together, a place where they could feel like normal people for a while, do coke off each other's super hard penises, and practice satanic rituals. Whatever it is that they needed to do. Right, Well, that's where the fucking Viper Room comes in, Ladies and gentlemen. The Viper Room was a nightclub and a live music venue located on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood, California, not far from the Laurel Canyon. It was established under its current name on August fourteenth, nineteen ninety three. Co owned by Johnny Depp and Sal Jenko, the club became known as a hangout spot for the young Hollywood elite and gained infamy for its drug related incidents. Probably the most well known is actor River Phoenix, who died from a fatal drug overdose in nineteen ninety three right outside the doors of the Viper Room. Actor Jason Donovan suffered a drug induced seizure in nineteen ninety five inside the Viper Room but survived, and of course Courtney Kunt Fucking Love also survived in overdose in nineteen ninety five, after Depp gave her CPR inside the walls of the Viper Room.
Speaker 4: Probably should have let the bitch die.
Speaker 8: Kurt may have been spared, but that is for a later nineties episode.
Speaker 4: But anyways.
Speaker 8: Also in nineteen ninety seven, singer Michael Hutchins played his last public performance in the Viper Room before taking his own life a week later. But of course, it doesn't stop there. In nineteen ninety nine, Johnny Depp found himself in the middle of a multi million dollar lawsuit file by his business partner Anthony Fox. Just days before he was scheduled to testify, Anthony mysteriously disappeared, along with his truck and a thirty eight caliber rifle. His truck was found nineteen days later, but his body was never recovered. The disappearance remains a mystery since he disappeared so close to the day he was to testify. Some believe that Depth exercised his power and is somehow responsible. Some have said that Johnny took his fucking body back to the Viper Room and fucking buried him in the crawlspace. But it doesn't even stop there, dude. The Viper Room is also naturally a place where a lot of unexplained activity is reported to this day. And it's not just the potential to get groped by the spirit of River the Phoenix that attracts ghost aficionados.
Speaker 4: To the Viper Room. The club was also a.
Speaker 8: Renowned mobster hangout, and as we all know, where there's sketchy history, there are probably dead bodies and therefore ghosts. And speaking of that, in twenty seventeen, my fave the Ghost Adventures crew shows up at the Viper Room. During their investigation, they heard some voices and got a few unexplainable things, and of course they claim that one of the voices belongs to the ghost of River Phoenix. Of course, right, I would hope River has moved on to bigger and better things, but I don't know. Maybe he wants to stick around to watch the Viper Room fall into complete ruin.
Speaker 4: We'll never know.
Speaker 8: Some claim that the club is the site of a portal and opening to an insidious unseen realm makes sense for all the dark shit that's gone on there. I mean, even the serpentine symbolism of the Viper Room should say a lot on its own. I'm sure Johnny's murderous occult practicing looney bin Buddy Damien Eccles would approve, but that again is for.
Speaker 4: A later episode.
Speaker 8: Can you imagine the type of shit that was going on inside the walls of the Viper Room that we will never fucking know about. I do want to take a quick second and play the nine to one one call for you that Walking in Phoenix made on the night River died.
Speaker 10: L Come down a little bit. Okay, what's the address? And literally it's at the viper room? Okay, what's the address or do you know what college? Okay, sir, sir, calm down a little bit. Okay, I'm sorry, it's why God to please them here? Tall is he? He's twenty three?
Speaker 12: I'm down.
Speaker 10: Okay. If you can't calm down, just the phone to somebody else so there's no one else around, Okay, I'm fine to keep the value or something. I don't know who's with him right now, it's just the people. Okay. Can you talk to her from where you are? Gonder you trying to give him out him out? Sir, calm down, tell her not to give him out them out, Alice, give him mounted him out there? You only give him out him out if he's not breathing. What he's doing just seems like you sleep in the house. It's like you see's okay.
Speaker 3: That's very normal.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's very normal. Sometimes at the impact, sometimes they do actually go to.
Speaker 4: Sleep, all right.
Speaker 8: So, I mean, I definitely think there was more to the Viper Room than meets the eye. The nineties are fucking responsible for quite a few super occult deaths, and by a cult, I mean the true nature of each of these deaths seems hidden from the mainstream. But we are all familiar with the mainstream narrative that has been given to us, but there's.
Speaker 4: So much more to it.
Speaker 8: Let's go through my nineties conspiracy death list and talk about.
Speaker 4: What really was probably going on.
Speaker 8: Let's start with Stanley Kubrick, for example, dies in March nineteen ninety nine, supposedly from a heart.
Speaker 4: Attack, right, natural causes.
Speaker 8: That's the mainstream, But as we all know, Stanley was absolutely notorious for putting his clues within Clockwork, Orange Lolita, the Shining, and let's not forget.
Speaker 4: Eyes Wide Shut.
Speaker 8: What are the chances that Kubrick, who we know is probably responsible for faking the moon landing, among other things, dies of this so called heart attack right after completing Eyes Wide Shut, right in time for them to edit or make alterations to the film before it hits the big screen. Someone to say there was no editing done, but they just knew that Stanley was getting a little too literal with some of his work and he needed to.
Speaker 4: Go bye bye, bye, bye bye.
Speaker 8: But I personally believe that they gave Stanley the old heart attack special so they could alter his final project. Either way, rip to the granddaddy of conspiracy cinema. How about the death of Freddie Mercury. He got the fucking Fauci hiv aid special.
Speaker 4: And if you're.
Speaker 8: Unfamiliar with that reference, you need to find yourself buried in some research on Fauci's role in the HIV AIDS epidemic. COVID wasn't his first murder spree. Then we have Brandon Lee died while making the Crow.
Speaker 4: They say nothing suspicious there, but I think we all know the truth behind that.
Speaker 8: What about fucking Tupac, whether he's dead or not, has actually been something I've been looking at pretty seriously recently.
Speaker 4: But there's actually a video floating.
Speaker 8: Around of Tupac auditioning for some kind of reality TV show go figure, and he appears to be I mean, let's not dance around it, completely gay, and from the rumors about Will Smith and some of these other douchebags Diddy and shit, it just makes complete sense. I mean, Will all but molests Jaden right in front of everyone. But in my opinion, I don't even think he's really dead. I think they just repurposed his character. We also have Frank Zappa dying in the nineteen nineties, the father of the Laurel Canyon counterculture scene. With his CIA connections, a history of doing weird naked parties with his kids, and being a complete asshole, it only makes sense he should die of anus cancer. Should we move on to Selena? The Hispanic Aliyah murdered died so j Lo could take off right, and then j Lo of course goes on to play her in the Selena movie. Some theories even flowed around that Selena sold her soul the proverbial Faustian bargain. But just like with Aliyah, there is so much more to this story. Moving on, we have, of course John Denver. Now this one, I'm gonna take a little bit of time to deconstruct for you. If you haven't heard my John Denver episode on the Cosmic Peach podcast, don't worry. I'm gonna sum it up for you right now. John Denver government named Henry John Dutchendorphin Junior. H.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. Like I said, I covered John Denver in extreme length on my show.
Speaker 8: It's been a few years and you would have needed to dig through quite a few episodes to find it. But it's a banger.
Speaker 4: But here are the.
Speaker 8: Denver is one of the most overlooked, underrated, Illuminati confirmed shady shitters of his decade, and according to one of my previous guests, is probably trans And yes, I know, I fucking love John Denver too, and I'm sad to see him added to the list.
Speaker 11: But it is what it is.
Speaker 8: Strange numbers and situations followed John Denver all throughout his life. Need an example, how about this? Denver recorded and released approximately three hundred songs. He had thirty three albums and singles that were certified Golden platinum in the US by the Recording Industry Association of America, and he has estimated sales of approximately thirty three million units.
Speaker 4: So we got three.
Speaker 8: Hundred songs, thirty three albums and thirty three million units sold, So it just seems like there could be something more going on here, how about this. Henry John Dutchendorphin Junior was born on December thirty first, nineteen forty three, in Roswell, New Mexico, to Irma Louise and Captain Henry John Dutch Duchendorphin Senior, United States Army Air Forces pilot stationed at Roswell Army Airfield. Captain Duchendorphin Senior was a decorated pilot who set a number of air speed records. So the motherfucker literally, just like everyone from the Laurel Canyon, has military connections through his father. Grew up on Rozwell Air Force based with his fucking dad, who's a captain who's getting all these awards and shit decorated pilots, and then he's got all these weird occult numbers and shit surrounding his career. Dude, Denver's first major hit that put him on the map was leaving on a jet plane, which is how he fucking died. A full circle moment for Old Johnny and his producer Jerry Weintraub, accused him of being a Nazi, like an actual Nazi, And John notoriously beat his wife's ass all the time, and Chain saw their bed in half during an argument. And he has this whole hidden part of his personality. You might say he has two personalities. You might say he has split fucking personality. You might say he's been in mk ultrad. But how about this all right? In the mid nineteen seventies, Denver became outspoken in politics. In nineteen seventy six, Denver campaigned for Jimmy Carter, who became a close friend and ally of Denver's. Oh look kids, the Roswell Air Force captain's kid becomes a part of the counterculture movement and gets involved in politics later.
Speaker 4: On, you don't say.
Speaker 8: In nineteen ninety two, Denver, along with fellow singers e. Liza Minelli and John Oates, performed a benefit to support against LGBT discrimination, My Hero and get This.
Speaker 4: Denver was also on the National.
Speaker 8: Space Society's Board of governors for many years.
Speaker 4: Bet you didn't know that shit. Denver was fucking.
Speaker 8: Super attracted to NASA. He acts actually worked on the project to help bring into being the Citizens in Space program. You guys are gonna fucking flip when you hear this shit. So in nineteen eighty five, Denver received the NASA Exceptional Public Service Medal for helping to increase awareness of space exploration by the peoples of the world, an award usually restricted to spaceflight engineers and designers only, but somehow Denver ends up with it. Totally makes sense, right, What the fuck isn't he supposed to be on a banjo somewhere singing about fucking flapjacks and it's that same year Denver passed NASA's rigorous physical exam and was in line for a spaceflight. He was a finalist for the first citizen's trip on the Space Shuttle in nineteen eighty six, bringing for anyone.
Speaker 4: Well, it was the Space Shuttle.
Speaker 8: Challenger, and after the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster with teacher CHRISTA mcculliffe aboard, Denver dedicated his song flying for Me to all the astronauts and continue to support NASA. So why, oh why was Denver spared on the day of the terrifying Challenger disaster. First off, let's just say that the rocket did blow up and all those people are actually dead, which we know they're not because they all became fucking university professors and shit. But let's just say they did.
Speaker 4: It was John Denver's idea to start the program to begin with.
Speaker 8: And then curiously, on the day of the event, he backs out last minute and gets replaced with this school teacher mccauliffe. Okay, nine to eleven, seth McFarland.
Speaker 4: Anyone, dude, John is so fucking dude. He even entered discussions with.
Speaker 8: The Soviet Space program about purchasing a flight aboard one of their rockets, but the talks fell through after the price tag was rumored to be as high as twenty million. Denver died on the afternoon of October twelfth when his light, home built aircraft crashed into Monterey Bay near Pacific Grove, California.
Speaker 4: The official cause of death was multiple blunt force trauma resulting from the crash.
Speaker 8: And autopsy found no signs of alcohol or other drugs in Denver's body.
Speaker 4: So why exactly did he crash?
Speaker 8: Because Denver was a pilot with over twenty seven hundred hours of experience, so it seems a lot, doesn't it. Apparently he ran out of fucking gas. Really, I mean, I don't even think he's dead.
Speaker 4: If you want my honest opinion.
Speaker 8: Just repurposed, probably in some type of either military or other classified function.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna leave this one up to you.
Speaker 8: Seems like, just like the counterculture movement, with the rest of the guys from the Laurel Canyon, Denver is all the way.
Speaker 4: Up in it as well.
Speaker 8: Even his songs Dude Rocky Mountain High has some strange lyrics hashtag twenty seven club type shit.
Speaker 4: But with that being said, let's take one more break and we will be right back.
Speaker 5: My name is Josh Monday from the Josh Monday Christian conspiracy podcast and also the host of Sunday Service and Wednesday Service, which is coming soon. I remember playing SECA Genesis John Madden ninety three Football Warning XJ nine hundreds from Haylo Shoe Store. I remember nineteen ninety five the OJ Simpson case. My parents were definitely blue to the TV. I remember the Buffalo Bill's going four consecutive Super Bowls and losing every one of them. I remember Tupac when he died in nineteen ninety six, and the most influential person in my raptor that came out in nineteen ninety nine was of course Eminem the slim shady LP.
Speaker 4: All right, and we are back.
Speaker 13: Now it's time to look at the cursed movie that may have been responsible for the deaths of Chris Farley, Phil Hartman, John Candy, and Sam Kinnison all in the nineties, and honorable mention Belushi in nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 8: The film is called Atuk and sadly, it's not even a fucking horror movie now. John Belushi was the first actor to be attached to this film. He was offered the lead role in nineteen eighty two and showed a lot of interest in the script, but a few months later, on March fifth, Belushi was tragically found dead in his hotel room at the Chateau Marmont by his trainer, Bill Wallace. He was only thirty.
Speaker 4: Three years old.
Speaker 8: In nineteen eighty six, after losing their lead, the script went back on the market, and this time Sam mckinnison got involved.
Speaker 4: He would play the lead role of Atuk.
Speaker 8: In nineteen eighty eight, production began and managed eight days of filming before Kennison halted the production until nineteen ninety two, when they then started up production again, but Unfortunately, during these negotiations, Kennison died. It was Friday, April tenth, nineteen ninety two, and he was only thirty eight. His vehicle was struck head on in California by a pickup truck driven by a seventeen year old who was drunk. But the production team refused to give up. They really believed this script was something special, and so in nineteen ninety four they approached John Candy and offered him the role.
Speaker 4: Candy was thrilled and began.
Speaker 8: To study the script. In March of that year, he also died. Candy was working in Mexico, and at some point in the night of March he died of a heart attack. He was only forty three years old. Candy had reportedly asked his close friend Michael o'donahue to also read the script and perhaps join the cast.
Speaker 4: In November of that same year, he also fucking died.
Speaker 8: He had a history of chronic migraines and died from a cerebral hemorrhage at age fifty four years old. So nineteen ninety seven rolls around and the film services again a duke was offered to Chris Farley. Farley was aware that his idol, Belushi was once offered the part, and so he was intrigued and expressed a deep interest in the movie. But much like his idol, Farley also died young and at the same fucking age of thirty three.
Speaker 4: A few months after reading the script.
Speaker 8: On December eighteenth, Farley was found dead by his younger brother in his apartment. He died of a drug overdose, a speedball, just like Blue Sheet and last, but definitely not least, we have Phil Hartman. Farley actually introduced his friend Phil Hartman to the script, and five months after the tragic death of Farley, Hartman's wife murdered Phil in cold blood, or so we're told. But let's take another look. Now, this one is actually pretty wild. Saturday Night Live member Phil Hartman was murdered in his home at five zero sixty five Encino Avenue on May twenty eighth, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 4: Now that much is not in dispute.
Speaker 8: Decidedly less clear is the answer to the question of who it was that actually shot and killed Hartman. The official story is that his wife, Brynn, who shortly thereafter shot herself with a different gun. Naturally right and reportedly did this after she had left the house and then returned with a friend, and after the lapd had already arrived at the home, because that makes so much sense now think about this.
Speaker 4: There is a strong possibility that Phil and his wife were murdered, with.
Speaker 8: The true motive for the crime covered up by trotting out the tired but ever popular murder suicide scenario. In most people's minds, Phil Hartman is not associated with the Laurel Canyon scene of the late nineteen sixties and early nineteen seventies. But I'm gonna bring it back to the Canyon again, because, as it turns out, Phil Hartman did indeed have substantial ties to the scene to begin with. During the time that Jimmy Hendricks lived in la Hartman worked for him as a roadie. Soon after that, Phil found work as a graphic artist, and he quickly found himself much in demand by the Laurel Canyon Rock Royalty. In addition to designing album covers, Hartman also, believe it or not, designed a readily recognizable rock symbol that has endured for nearly forty plus years, the distinctive CSN logo for Crosby, Stills and Nash. Hartman also had ties to the darker side of Laurel Canyon as well. He was a high school bestie of Lynette Squeaky from who would later find herself living alongside Charlie Manson at the infamous Spawn movie Ranch, and curiously enough, someone else who died in the nineties. Frank Zappa's log Cabin's guest house aka the Bird House, which is still standing, was designed and built by architect Robert Byrd, who also designed the house at five zero six ' five Encino Avenue where Phil Hartman was fucking murdered.
Speaker 4: He also designed the house at one zero zero five zero Celio Drive, where Sharon Tate and her friends were murdered. Supposedly go back and listen to Blood Ties for more information on that a cult architect much Now.
Speaker 8: I don't know about you, but I feel like we kicked off our Nineties Night Part one with a fucking bang, the notorious nineties, the nasty nineties, and we are going to continue busting it wide open in Nineties Night Part two next week right here on the Cosmic Peach podcast. Thank you to everyone who is listening. I can't wait to get into even more crazy shit. In the next episode, but until then, continue with it.
Speaker 2: It can continue with it, with it.
Speaker 3: What do you want to ball with?
Speaker 1: The kid? Watch a step you might fall trying.
Speaker 10: To do what I did.
Speaker 4: Mama, Mama, mamaka posa in the middle.
Speaker 10: Of the club.
Speaker 3: No loud for the US to hate us.
Speaker 2: Man because the GOP.
Speaker 4: Course seats at the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Send me on the fifty yard line with the Raiders.
Speaker 4: I least he told me, I'm the greatest.
Speaker 3: I got the fever for the player.
Speaker 2: Upper crowd pleaser DJ play a number from
Speaker 11: The President's Shure Hotness, Boldy pat Chicks Riding My w