Speaker 1: Yeah. So, see, phrases are something you know that we gave to the world, but we are also trying to look into how to innovate on that, and it's really something we are We are discussing the problem with all those you know, zero knowledge proofs or some kind of AI whatever that all those things they usually do have some drawbacks.
Speaker 2: Hey, folks, welcome into the Thinking Crypto podcast. I'm your host, Tony Edward and joining me today is Thomas Susanka, who is the CTO at Treasure. Thomas. Great to have you on.
Speaker 1: Hello everyone, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Thomas. I'm excited to speak with you. I'm a user of the Treasure device Crypto. Self custody is something I believe in and I've always recommended to folks, and I think it's important for folks to understand all the moving parts and components of self custody. And I want to learned about all the great things that Treasures doing. But let's kick it off with your background. Tell us about where you're from and what's your professional background.
Speaker 1: Sure, so, I'm from Prague, born and raised. I'm here in the middle of Europe and basically I've always have been fascinated you know, by technology or you know, playing around with computers from from the young age as all of us, I believe where and it really always you know, brought me that way. And then I basically started also investigating you know, security and things related to that. I went to university in here, also did some you know semesters in Germany and all over the place, and basically at the university, I've found the field of cryptography and you know computer security, which was a really fascinating field to me and it is still today. And that's basically how I, uh, you know, also found bitcoin, and I was really fascinated you know by or just by the fact that you were able to do that, you were able to create money with with just some code and some cryptography. That is still fascinating till today. Anyway, And after the university, I knew that I want to do something in this field. I knew I want to do cryptography or something related to computer security. I've joined cloud player for for some time, you know, the CDM, a network provider back in whatever year it was twenty seventeen, i'd say, or twenty sixteen, something like that, and after that it was in London, and I knew I want to come back, so I was looking for something around here. And you know, basically Tresor was really the you know, love on first sight because it was a smaller company at that time. It was you know, doing computer security. It was related to bitcoin, and basically eight years ago I started my journey here.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a long time. So you're a crypto og, I mean eight years in the crypto industry, it's a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Like I feel, eight years in crypto is like fifty years in the normal world, right exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like interstellar, right, you're on certain planets and it's it seems like it's a short time, but it's long in the real world.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. And it's also like back in the time. So we were around twenty people when I joined. We're now like around two hundred. So you know, the company changed a lot, but obviously also the industry changed a lot, like to you know that you know, to to have something like it going to be a topic of US elections, right or and all those things that happened, and then now there are laws passing in both US and also some in Europe. It really changed a lot, and it's kind of surrealed sometimes to look at the field, you know, eight years ago and now, because sometimes it's yeah, it's very different in many aspects, but at the same time, the mission I think stays the same. So yeah, it's interesting to look back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah, I think you're correct. Word you use there is surreal. I've been here since twenty sixteen and I still am like, Wow, trad fi, banks, the politicians, everybody's behind crypto now, it's just amazing how things have changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like it's also interesting with respect to the price, right, I mean, I'm just looking at you have it in the background. So one eighteen was something we definitely you know, I mean it was something we dreamed of, but it was not something we expected or we hope for. But yeah, you know, you never know. But it's it's not just that. Yeah, it's also all the other things politics, laws, stable coins, like we'll probably get to some of that later on, but it's interesting how you know, it evolved. Yeah, So yeah, just confirming the fact that eight years in crypto is one hundred years in the normal world, is there.
Speaker 2: So for those who don't know about treasure, give us an overview of the company and all the services you provide.
Speaker 1: So Treasure is the So we are the manufacturer of a hardware wallet. So we've actually the we've kind of started the industry of hardware worlds because we are the first and the og of the you know, first ever bitcoin or crypto hardware. Whatd we launched modul one. It's more than ten years ago, it's eleven or twelve, I'm losing track, but it's also you know, some time ago. And basically Treasure is a device that stores your cryptocurrencies and the main difference is the self custody part, which means that in traditional volots or exchanges, the company is holding the private keys themselves, right, I mean they are holding the crypto for you while we are selling, selling, and manufacturing the device that you know, then you then use and you have the keys on the device itself. Right. So it's like that's the biggest fundamental shift that you actually own the keys. You are the you know, you are the owner of the keys that then you know, control the coins, which doesn't apply for exchanges or whatever. Right, So this gives better security, but it's also you know, you are not you You're not required how to say, you're not under any limit restrictions or obligations or anything, right like, you own the keys and what you do with it is are totally up to you. So that's that's ask this Treasure, that's the device and from you know, over the years, we've basically built a lot of services on top of that. So we have Treasure Suite, which is our main software product that you have on your computer, and of course you can buy cells, WEP, you can you know, do all those things that are quite common, or even a stake with some of the coins, and we're trying to extend these services as well. But at the same time, the core product is the hardware world itself.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, and it's a beautiful device. I use the Treasure say five. I love the setup that you guys have the Treasure Suite, and I love the handholding service that you provide as well, because I think a lot of people this is very new to them and having someone representative from the company speak to them and be able to hold their hand through the process is really great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great point. We also we call it Treasure Expert, which is basically a service you know that allows you to basically on boarding service that that you know, someone calls a has a call with you and you know explain to you all those difficult terms and you know, tried to onboard you into Treasure. By the way, we just recently launched also like a consultation service, so you can also of course we you know, provide support and customer service and all that, but now we've also extended expert into like a consultation session. So for example, if you are already experienced user, but you have something more complex that you need to discuss, or you know you're dealing with some problem, you can also use that. So we're trying to be there for our customers as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really great. So obviously you have a retail product, are you also working with institutions?
Speaker 1: Actually no, So from the start we have been like a B two C product, so we've been always focused on the on the retail and basically our mission is really to you know, empower the independence of the individuals. So you know, it's been on the table many times, like to go and you know have some B to B offering or some you know institution offering, but it's not of our mission basically, I mean never say never, right, So maybe at some point eventually, but I don't see it because we've always been focused on the individuals and I think it's going to stay that way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that absolutely makes sense. And I think look on the institutional side, there are a lot of options, but I think the retail they really need the handholding because if we're going to bring a billion people on chain, right, a lot of services need to be of quality standard, right, the customer service, the handholding, because this is still very new to a lot of folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Now in regards to competitors, you know, there's going to be folks gonna ask, Okay, why is Treasure, let's say, better than Ledger or the other hardware companies out there. What do you think differentiates Treasure from others?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a very complex question obviously, but we've always tried to be to the principles that we started with, which goes to be really stubbornly open source. So everything we do we really do an open source way, which also means that we are not using any we do not run any closed source on the secure element for example, and things like that. Which which for example, Ledger is doing, and we are trying to also push the usability as much as we can, so we're really trying to be user friendly. I would say that's probably the biggest uh you know, changes that that differentiate us to larger because for example, Ledger has a smaller way smaller, smaller screens on the old devices. On the new one they have the e ink, which well, you know, everybody has a different taste, so I don't really want to judge it, but we are trying to push the usability there as well, right, So I would say it's piece to probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one thing I can say, uh, you know, from my experience, like you mentioned, the Ledger screen is very small, but the Treasure say five, have a larger screen. It's much more easier to handle, you know. So the usability, I think it's really great. So just just my opinion onion. Some polks may disagree, but I agree with that. Now, we know there's a lot of bad actors out there. They're in every market, right, They're always trying to steal people's cash, their funds, their crypto. So a question a lot of folks are going to have is how how is treasure staying ahead of the curve to you know, mitigate against these hackers who are trying different things, maybe using AI and much more m.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so honestly, this is like a never ending journey, right. I mean, if someone tells you that there's one thing that's going to solve everything, that they're probably lying, right. So it's a never ending journey that we are on and that we are fighting for. So we've always trying to adapt to the threads that we're out there. So we've introduced the Secure Element and the Safe series. So Save three, say five, you know, they have a dedicated secure element that is protecting the core of the recovery seat, you know, the core of the backup that the treasure gives you. We're also working on a on a like an auditable and transparent secure element ourselves, or it's our sister company, Tropic Square that you know, is working for a few years already on something that would be more transparent, because we are not we're not happy enough with the current state of things, and we wanted to push the boundaries even further. Like, to be honest, hardware is hard, and you know, chip manufacturing or chip design is even harder. It's it's really very difficult. So it's been some journey that we've been on for quite some time. And but yeah, I hope soon, soon, soon, it will happen. So we're also trying to push the transparency aspect a little bit more, and we're also using different chip in the in the SA five which you know has some security guarantees, and there's many more you know, protections that we can get into. Also. What is what kind of breaks my heart art sometimes is that we're doing all those you know, sophisticated protections and all that, but then at the end of the at the end of the day, I think the biggest threat, unfortunately is the fishing. That that's something that we see very often that you know, unfortunately, the users not just of treasures, like users in general. They you know, have the recovery seat, they have the set of words that you know, serve as the backup, and they unfortunately enter it into websites, into a phishing website that they obviously shouldn't have, and then you know, their crypto is gone. So sometimes I feel we are focused quite heavily, you know, on the physical protections and all on all that, but yeah, we're also you know, trying we also need to look into into how to put it into the user side of things as well, right to really see how we can help the users not to fall for these because it's going to be here forever, right, So we're trying to do like the hardcore stuff, but at the same time also looking at you know, the soft stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, and I saw you guys put out some warnings and things like that on social media that there are you know, people trying to impersonate treasure with phishing emails. And that's not an issue exclusive to crypto. That happens in the regular business world. I remember when I was working at a company, I had to go through these compliance trainings and phishing was one of them, right, and it had nothing to do with crypto finances. It's a common problem that exists, and I think it's just more education, you know, what to look out for when it comes to emails and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And that's also one of the reasons why we started the Trust Are Expert you know, to really educate the people as much as we can. We're also like introducing new knowledge base, you know, on our websites. We're trying to you know, to push the content as well. I'm also talking about the phishing. I feel like it's the only thing I'm doing is just like trying to educate about fishing, because I really do see it as a thread. I think sometimes people have, you know, like the feelings to say, well, you know, the users just just shouldn't have done it right, like are they stupid or what? But I always feel this, like, you know, no one is like, no one was born with any knowledge right away. Right, It's something you gain along the way, and it's our mission to do it as simple as possible. So yeah, it's something Yeah, we're trying to look into as well.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. I think as an industry, hopefully we all can collectively come together and continue to educate and put it in front of people's faces. I think that's that's the key, Like remember, watch out for emails, don't click on certain links, you know, verify, don't just trust all these things. And I think if we collectively do it, maybe there's some sort of group that's formed with all these crypto companies, they have representatives that are just out there educating people on social media much more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, exactly. I totally agree that, you know, it's something, it's a journey, and it's we really need to educate the people as much as possible to so they understand because like, these concepts are different, right, It's different than opening a bank account or whatever. Right, so we need to make it really simple.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Now on the hardware side, you know, you have the merchandise, the hardware walls that are shipped globally. How do you protect your inventory to let's say someone getting some of that inventory along the supply chain, right doing stuff to those hardware walls and packaging back and sending it to stores. How do you protect against that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the biggest protection is basically the authenticity check, which is a feature that we have in the Safe series. And basically the second element that is there is loaded with with a certificate that comes from our manufacturing side, from you know, our place where we manufacture these, and we basically loaded there and we verify that it's authentic and we basically prove the authenticity. So then when you receive it, even if someone would somehow meddle around with it, they we would basically know. So when you launch Treasure Suite, you like a special that there is a special section during onboarding which will say, hey, now verifying your treasure, and it gets verified and then you can see, you know that it's been intact. So this is in place, and yeah, it works well. And it's something that we that we're trying to look for as well, because obviously, yeah, it's one of the one of those threats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like an ongoing thing for not only the crypto industry, but other industries as well, So it definitely makes sense. You know, I'm curious about what your vision is for self custody moving forward, what hardware welds, how they may evolve, Like, for example, would we eventually not necessarily have the seed phrase. But it's more biometrics my fingerprint, my redness skin and maybe certain questions that I can answer that I only I know the answer to, you know, things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let me maybe answer into in two ways. So first of all, yes, we are also trying to look into the biometrics and all that. I think it's something that's on the table. There's also you know, there are some problems with that with respect to the open source nest because you know, for example, the fingerprint readers and all that. It's usually you know, for party properties, it's kind of it's something you know to have a look into there. And also while fingerprints or the face idea or whatever it's great, there's also this problem that you there is not this plausible deniability because for example, if you have PIN, you can you can kind of present or you can claim that you forgot it, right because you like, no one can really well, they can beat you and get it probably, but if you know what I mean, right, it's not something like to change fingerprint is basically not possible unless you know you're really crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: It's something that you know, we're also trying to look at these suspects because pin is really something that you remember and you can change and you can you know, forget and no one can really you know, you have to give it up, right, But the face ID and the fingerprints is something you know that you cannot really change. So you know, there are many many aspects to that. But I also wanted to say about the future of self custody. It's also when I kind of zoom out, it's also interesting how the market is evolving and like eight years ago or whenever I really believe that, you know, self custody is like or my goal or my dream was that self custody will be for everyone. Like now with all the ETFs, you know, and all the all this insitualization, I kind of I don't. I don't really believe it anymore. And I think that's fine. I don't really I don't think self custody needs to be for everyone. It's okay if it's you know, for ten percent or fifty percent or whatever the persent it is. What I'm kind of really would like to accomplish is that the people know about the risks, right because if they buy ETF, they usually you know, it's bitcoin, and they don't really know that they don't own it, and they don't if they not just that they don't own it per se, they also don't own bitcoin. They own the ETF right that you know, tells them that they own the coin. So this is something that I would like to you know, push further. That if there is someone who makes an educated decision that they don't want to have self custody and that they want to have you know, ETFs in their bank, I'm kind of fine with that. I just really want them to understand you know, what are you know, the risks of it. So I still think to some extent, self custody is not going to be super mainstream, but it's still our mission to be at least a little bit mainstream, you know, to be really like an option in the mainstream that you can do if you decide to do so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great point because I think about, for example, my parents who are much older. You know, I don't think they're going to be able to self custody, but they are comfortable in their bank or with an ETF in their retirement account. But you know, the more sophisticated users and maybe the younger folks. Right, I'm not at agist. There are people who are older who understand technology. But let's say the younger folks who are more used to the digital world, they may want to self custody and they can participate in DeFi and control their funds and move it whenever they want and you know, have that freedom, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And I mean I totally agree with that, Like many of my friends are you know, actually saying hey, you can hold it for your parents, and you can you know, educate everyone and of course that's true, and that's what we're trying to do as well. But at the same time, I'm always like trying to comparing to like if you want to buy etf with with like gold etf or I don't know whether it is silver or oil or whatever. I mean, I don't really want to have gold bricks in my garage, right, I mean, it's something that I'm it's not my main mission or whatever, right, So to me, it's fine if if you know, if the people know, you know, the risks, but like when when they actually have enough of a portion of their wealth in bitcoin, then I really think they should consider self custody because you know, then it's not like one percent of whatever, but it's something more and they should really educate themselves. So yeah, I simply agree with you. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You know with seed phrases, right, I know that that gives a lot of people some anxiety, and I often tell them, like, you know, back up your seed phrases, have multiple copies and places that are safe, you know, maybe in a safety deposit box or in a safe in your house or whatever it may be, where it can be protected. Do you think in the future we won't need to necessarily back up physical copies of the seed phrase recovery. But you know, maybe with z K zero knowledge or maybe with an AI agent attached to your wallet, those things are you won't have to think about it. It's it's covered in that way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So seed phrases are something you know, that we gave to the world, but we're also trying to look into how to innovate on that. And it's really something we are we are discussing the problem with all those you know, zero knowledge proofs or some kind of AI whatever that all those things, they usually do have some drawbacks, right, So for example, Ledger, they introduce the Ledger recover, which is like a KYC product for that, which is something we don't want to do because we don't want to do KYC on that. And when I'm trying to say that, we always feel that if we you know, we cannot really solve one part and then you know, replace it with just another problem, right, which I think the KYC part is. So it's something that we are looking into, it's something that we would like to innovate. Like I do agree that it's something you know to tackle, but at the same time, I do feel we are not there yet, but I would like to introduce something in that regard pretty soon because I do acknowledge it's an Yeah, it's an issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and you know, all things considered, it is still I think the safest and passibly the best option right now. But I guess as the technology there's future iterations around it. The could be maybe a more simpler way, if you want to put it that way, And I don't know what that might be. But as you said, though, you don't want to compromise security or usability just to put you know, kind of a patch because I know a lot of people are not happy about ledgers in a recovery situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I mean like at the same time, I kind of like, I kind of understand why they did what they did, and I mean, I I'm kind of glad that they are trying to innovate the field themselves. It's just that we want to go a different way, right And what the way will be We're going to find out, I hope, I hope pretty soon. But yeah, it takes some time, you know, to to come up with some innovations. So yeah, on one side, I'm glad it's trying to push it further. We just want to push it a different direction, basically, m M.
Speaker 2: Something I wanted to get your take on, you know, with your expertise. And this is a problem that exists across all industries, and that is data breaches, right, people's name, email, telephone number, data, birth and so forth getting leaked. We've seen it from some of the largest companies. Do you think that at some point we're going to be able to put our data on the blockchain, whether you're a small company or a large company or enterprise, and that will help prevent those data breaches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I honestly think it doesn't make much sense. I mean, to some degree, maybe I can imagine a world where you know, you have the data encrypted on the blockchain and with treasure, you know you can exactly decrypt it and then you can provide the information to more more subjects. But the problem here is then, of course, you know, the companies than or the institutions need to adopt it, right, And I think that's also the biggest heard a lot that there is that all those data leagues, right, they were from like big government agencies or whatever, or from big companies, right, and I don't really see them, you know, having the ambition to push this, So I'm kind of worried that's the that's the problem. And at the same time, you know, the space on the blockchain is limited, so that's another thing that yeah, it doesn't really it was never meant to be that. So yeah, I'm kind of pessimistic on that.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid interesting, so it seems like a problem we're gonna have to continue to deal with until we figure out some yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And honestly, also, like we we also support like the past keys function or the fit or two things, so that those are standards that allow you to connect without.
Speaker 1: The password to a website. So for example, Facebook, Go Google, I think Apple as well, like some of the bigger players, they actually support it so you can connect like using treasure into into websites. But I think the problem here is that like the demand is just not big enough there, Like people are not really willing to pay for devices to just secure their passwords or whatever because it's it's not that important to them, right, And I think until this changes, until you know, the demand is really large enough, I'm afraid this is going to be a problem. Also, further on. So yeah, I kind of this is also what is bordering me sometimes I would like people to be aware more about that this is a thread. But yeah, I think we're Yeah, it will take some time on maybe some big you know issues or whatever until people realize this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, for sure, what's one treasures roadmap? You know, what can we expect in the next six months or so.
Speaker 1: So definitely the biggest one is our new Treasure It's something we've been working for for a quite long time. We believe we're going to launch it this fall, and yeah, it's something we're really excited about. It's, you know, something that's been in the making for a very long time. It's going to be I really believe it's going to be the best hardware world out there. Of Course I'm a little bit biased to say that, so we'll see once people hold it in their hands, but yeah, it's something we've been working for for quite some time and I'm really excited about that. So that's definitely the biggest one. And honestly, I think that after that, it should be the backup thing that we've discussed just recently. I think that should be the next one that we look into. But of course we never we don't want to stop to in avate on any side, right, so we will also you know, we'll be working most likely on another Treasure or also want to make our offerings in sweet like like bigger and you know, to to because as mentioned, we also have the trading section, so we're always trying to improve that and we're working on the usability a lot, So that's something we're trying to, yeah, accomplish all that and somehow put it together.
Speaker 2: There's a question that just came to mind because I noticed that Treasure less support for black Rocks Biddle Tokenized Money Market fund. So Treasure has the ability to support these tokenized assets in the various stable coins. Right as we see the tokenization market is going to expand significantly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's like my view on this whole toganization is kind of lugh and hate or my feelings are kind of torn on that because I and also like we we always have been quite on the bitcoin max side of things. I think it's changed a little bit like later on because we many of us do acknowledge you know, value in other other fields as well, and the toganization is really interesting because like I know, robin Hood also just you know, recently launched their their toganization attempt, and like I'm always asking myself, Okay, what is the point of having a Tesla stalk on treasor as a self custody if I'm still dependent on you know, robin Hood or whatever claiming that you know, they hold they hold the stocks themselves, right, Like, still I still need to believe them that they actually are doing what they're saying they're doing, right, So it's not one hundred percent complete self custody. On the other hand, I do acknowledge that, like we live in the privileged world where we you know, I can just take my phone and I can buy teslastalks in a in a few in a few seconds. Right, it can be Robinhood, but it can be many other apps that are out there. And obviously this is not the privilege that have people in you know, for countries or Africa or I don't know where, right, Like, it's not that easy to them, And I think that can be interesting for them because for them it can be very interesting option to get to those stocks and you know, to get to be part of the of this Wall Street or how to put it, because those were always in the history, and I really do see the shift in history. Those whether it's ETFs or stocks or whatever like these have been always available only you know to the you know, to the people in the in suits and and you know, only only the people that were really able to have a banker on the wall street or whatever. And now it's you know, changed, and it's also like normal folks with just a mobile phone. And I think if the tok Is organization would be able you know, to even expand that more to really the third part for countries, it could really you know, do a lot of good to those parts. So yeah, I mean mixed feelings. I see the risks because you know, you're still dependent on those companies you know, actually doing what they're saying they're doing, which I always have a problem with that. But at the same time, yeah, if done right, it can you know, allow some people to join the ecosystem.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, well put and then maybe maybe cryptal legislation will help put the guard reism place and that these companies have to give their access stations that they do in fact hold the respective assets, right, So I know, right now here in the United States, stable coin legislation just passed last week assigning to law, but the Market Structure Bill, which would address security not security tokenization. DeFi that's going to be passed hopefully, you know, late September, early October. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like now we're getting even like to the philosophical you know part of how much do you trust the government? And you know all that, and we we had like an interesting discussion with respect to stable coins, right, and I like, again, it has its pros and cons, Like obviously, you know, stable coins are still subject to inflation, and you know it's it's US dollars, of course, you know, it has those properties of a US dollars, so it's not a bitcoin obviously, which doesn't have these these these negative consequences. But on the other hand, again like after a US dollar is the biggest currency of the world, and it can you know, with with having stable coins on the internet, it can give it can reach people that normally wouldn't be able to receive a normal dollars, Right, So I do see some good in that. I guess I'm glad that it's regulated in some way because of course, you know, it could cheat a lot of people It really depends how the regulation is done. I think you I haven't read, of course, the laws itself, but I see some more sense in that. Like in here in the European Union, you know, we have regulation mainly dictating what you need to do when you're in exchange, and it's very bureaucratic and it's very heavy. So on one side, I'm glad that there is some regulation because you know, there's a lot of scams obviously, and a lot of wrongdoings were done in the crypto market. But at the same time, I see that it's so heavy that it kind of it makes me sad because it kills some one man companies, right because they're basically in a table, you know, to fulfill this demand. So I again feel like the truth is somewhere in the middle and it needs to be balanced.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well put well point, how are you feeling about You know, you've been in this market eight years, we've seen incredible growth, and with legislation and some of the regulations coming to place, even though it may not be perfect, do you see an explosion of growth, more innovation, more crypto businesses, Web three and so forth.
Speaker 1: It's a question that I'm asking myself every second day, and I honestly don't know. I I I have been like a strong or strong I have been a believer of the four year cycle, right like the bull and bear, and that it changes each four years. Now I do see with the institutionalization of the and the you know, the ets, that I feel like it's getting more flat, that the curve is not going to be that crazy, and I feel like, you know, it's going to be more steady growth. And I also do feel that we can see we could see some innovation in that regard. I also still think that, you know, bitcoin is the main player out there. I still do think that that's what makes sense the most for the majority of people as a savings as a savings account. Where are we going to see something interesting? I honestly don't know. I would really I'm really interested whether you know, some big player is going to make it with the organization, because I do think, as we've discussed, it could bring some good as well. But at the same time, it's a really big it's a really big thing to tackle and it's been here on the table for a few years already, and I'm kind of wondering whether, yeah, it's going to happen or not, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. It's just amazing how things have changed. And I'm curious what you know by twenty thirty, what this market looks like, and you know, how this technology is adopted in our daily lives. You know, maybe we're using more stable coins, or stable coins are powering the rails for the existing payment providers banks, payment services like Western Union and things like that PayPal, and then more people are holding bitcoin and other crypto assets in their retirement and their savings and things like that.
Speaker 1: That's that's yeah, I actually think it's it's going that way. So yeah, it's gonna be interesting because it's true that you know, all those like bank transfers or even credit card payments. It's really it's so old, like the tech is getting obsolete that I really think this needs some disruption. So yeah, I'm kind of looking forward to.
Speaker 2: That awesome Thomas Pleasure chatting with you. I love what Treasure is doing. Like I said, I'm a user of the devices, but I got some wrap up questions here for you. They're rapid fire, favorite food, Vietnamese favorite musician or band, musician of band.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I don't really. I'm like listening to such a big mix of everything from hip hop to jazz to Yeah, I don't really have fun.
Speaker 2: Sorry, worries. I'm the same way. I'm eclectic and I listened to variety of stuff. A favorite movie.
Speaker 1: Favorite movie. I just saw the f one movie. I come kind of into cars, so I like that. Whether it's a favorite one, probably not, but it's the first one I remember.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you ever see four Versus Ferrari by any chance?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I saw it as well, and I even liked more of the rivals. I think it was called about Niki Lauda and that that was That's probably my It could be maybe the number one.
Speaker 2: Oh that is a favorite book.
Speaker 1: Favorite book. I'm not much of a reader, to be honest. I've always tried to be, but I'm really failing at that. So I don't have fun.
Speaker 2: Sorry. When you're not working at treasure, what are you doing for fun?
Speaker 1: I'm actually I'm actually lately somehow devoting my time to to to racing and cars. I've started to do a little bit of go karting, and just last week and I drove for the first time the nine to eleven GT three, So that was really it's unfortunately it's not mine, it's they were not there. But maybe once you know bitcoin is ten million dollars, maybe we'll drive together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love cars too, and I love Purches. I mean they're beautiful cars. But Thomas, great stuff and I would love to have you back on in the future as new products are launched by Treasure, and we'll talk about it. But thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 1: Me, Thank you for having me. It was a pleasure. Thanks