Speaker 1: No, my heart was not made of glass.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I said, yes, sir, and I asked thank you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I was diagnosed about six weeks ago with caring too much for other people, caring.
Speaker 3: Too much about it my heart.
Speaker 1: Philly cheese steaks, and uh, but I needed it fixed and I ignored a lot of signs. And who do we have on the show all the time?
Speaker 3: Doctor Henry Sadlow. That's right, Hello, mister Sadlow, Good morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 5: Glad to be here.
Speaker 3: We see you.
Speaker 1: Man, and you were my Denny Crumb because you went down the bench and you looked at doctor Silake and you went get in the game when I described to you what was going on with with my heart.
Speaker 5: A highly experienced doctor Slunky has twenty five years of experience and interventional cardiology, and he can do the tough cases. He can anybody can do the easy cases.
Speaker 3: Doctor Silwake.
Speaker 4: Take us back to the day you have Tony's on your table, you're doing the scope. You know he's got one hundred percent blockages. His widow maker, what were you thinking when you started to save his life.
Speaker 2: I was thinking Tony's pretty lucky guy.
Speaker 3: No, No, I mean, what the hell were you thinking saving his life.
Speaker 2: Doctor, because he's doing the Orlando trip and he's telling me all these busy schedule he was doing. And this guy having AE hundred percent mid LED, but he has God on his side. He made coladals to that digital part of LED, and that actually was helping me out. But whenever he was exerting walking around, he was feeling short of breath and chest pain and he was not feeling that great whenever. And he knew something going on with him before the procedure, so he.
Speaker 1: Said, and he said that to me. On the table, there was a piece of plastic that was in front of my face. Doctor Solanki came around, moved it and got about two inches from my face and said, you should not be able and the only reason you are alive is because your heart did form those those those side feeder branches feeder branches.
Speaker 2: Right, collaterals or your own bypass correct right?
Speaker 3: And why did I do that?
Speaker 1: Why did I form those?
Speaker 2: It's very interesting. Nobody really knows who makes collateral who don't. There a genetic Uh, some people make good collaterals, some people don't. So you are those lucky ones. You make great coladals, and you kind of get protection for your heart attack by these coletals.
Speaker 3: Is an odd look at the guy. It's in great shape.
Speaker 4: I mean, I good find the guy alive. But he works out every day. Every morning, he's up, he's walking to the Jewish community center. He does all the right things. Is it shocking for somebody with his physique to get this issue?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not that uncommon.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 2: Yes, sometimes we see uh this block is or heart attacking people who are running even marathon.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know so this.
Speaker 5: I think the people that do exercise have a better chance of developing collateral flow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said right, You're like if the last fifteen years, Yeah, the last fifteen years, if you didn't worked out every day, that those things might have not formed, which ended up saving my life. But it was it was your all stick touitiveness. I'll steal a Jobe Hall line. But you said again, I was on I was in the hospital. My insurance company had said we don't have enough here, but doctor Solanki, you said, we don't care, We're going ahead.
Speaker 2: Why did you do that? Well? When I talked to your story was very concerning, and when I saw your ekzy that was very abnormal. So I got phone call from my office saying insurance's denying it. I said, don't worry, we will take care of it, and we have enough information. We cannot a heart attack patients go away. If instances some reason not approving it, we can always appeal it. We can always write a letter. We can do so many things. We got to do what we got to do, take care to the patient.
Speaker 1: I get a little most it's taking me back to that time right now and it's still.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 1: But I'm sitting there and listen to him talk. His commitment is saying, we don't care. We're gonna sit here.
Speaker 3: Line.
Speaker 5: So do you know when it started, though, Tony? Is when I was in my car getting ready to walk in the Student rec Center University litvel Gym. I was off on a Friday. I get this call from Tony Venetti and he says, Doc. He goes, I haven't really been honest with you a calcium scan again, but but now I'm having chest pain and we're doing activity and band chest pain. I said, you need a hardcath. You don't need a calcium scan.
Speaker 4: Doctor sago, how come when I called you? I guess every case is different, because when I called you with the exact same synctrumes. You said, hey, you're probably fine, and if you see a bright light, run towards it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, well I said, take.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, but in all seriousness, uh, it doesn't matter what you look like on the exterior, you know. Doctor Solanki was just talking about some people were running marathons. The same issue a calcium score. And by the way, we're getting our calcium score done today.
Speaker 1: Both of you are getting it done today.
Speaker 4: Yes, folks, have your primary care physician, contact University of Louisville and get this calcium score done.
Speaker 2: It puts you.
Speaker 5: It won't tell you if you're going to have a heart attack at all, but it does put you in a low, medium, or high risk category right and even all those categories. What it does it motivates you to do the right things like to eat an American Heart Association Healthy Heart debt, Mediterranean debt, to get that aerobic exercise one hundred and fifty minutes a week. But most importantly, and Tony won't do it again, is to don't ignore symptoms.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, there's no question. Now the procedure, Doctor Slonki, Now your entire team is Jewish Heart and lung center is where I was the whole team, from the top to bottom like you. Here's what I described it to my wife. I said, everybody in this hospital stay he's in their lane and does their job like everybody's an expert. They stay in their lane. I'm here to do this. They and then they would explain it to me, and then they would do it, and then the next person would come in. I'm here to do this, and we're going to do this. They were. They were awesome from the top to the bottom. Now you doctor SLACKI so you you see the blockage. I've described it the surgery room like a sports bar because the TV. The TV is sitting there and your heart is on there and I'm like, oh my, this is crazy. But you have to guide to get this two stints into that artery?
Speaker 2: You what is you?
Speaker 1: What do you have to do to make sure you don't poke a hole in the whole artery?
Speaker 5: Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, excellent question, because, uh, this proceeds, particularly when one hundred person blocked, it needs a lot of experience.
Speaker 3: So we have very good wires.
Speaker 2: They can go through that blocked depends how the block looks, and then we have a low profile balloon, we can inflate it, we give medications to help if there is a blood clot, and then we size it. We call it intravasculture sounds in your case, we did that so we know exact size of the vessel. And then we bring the exact size of the stent. And then after deploy the stent, we inflate with one other balloon called post dialutation, so the stent is fully expanded so it does not make repeat blood clot or repeat heart attack, and your stents stay open hopefully for your entire life.
Speaker 1: Why why two stints?
Speaker 2: Because you are a long block is the area of block is was very long, so you need two stints.
Speaker 3: Doctor blockage.
Speaker 4: Doctor get me the perfect jumping off point, you said, for the rest of your life, and go to doctor Henry said, Loo, he's got a brand new widow maker, compliments of doctor Schlocke.
Speaker 3: So can you just eat Philly cheese steaks and cheeseburgers now he's got.
Speaker 5: So what happens is doctor Slunky took the balloon in the stent and he remodeled the soft plaque, which is like playdough, so that the artery is open. What Tony does now will determine whether that cholesterol will build back up inside the step. Okay, so that's you know, balls in your court now yeah, I say, you're good.
Speaker 3: Okay, And Tony's doing cardiac rehab.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been great Northeast, great staff there.
Speaker 1: So this is the fascinating thing. I've always said, if you can do anything and walk away with one item for the rest of your life, that's it's a four hour seminar. You walk away with one thing that you use the rest of your life, that's a win for you. So I've gone to two and this is what freaks me out because I'm more of a late well you know, lift weights than a cardio. So I go in. They do my my blood pressure. He was at a number. I get on the treadmill and the elliptical for forty five minutes straight. I get off it. My blood pressure was twenty points lower.
Speaker 3: Not higher.
Speaker 1: And I said it's the and the lady looked at me, going, hey, doum, this is what I do. This is why cardio is better for your heart than lifting. It's not lifting's not bad for your heart, but the cardio is really what's healthy for your heart.
Speaker 5: The best medicine that I can prescribe is not a medicine. It's an aerobic exercise prescription.
Speaker 3: There you go, that's what I'm right.
Speaker 1: It does Manami do that for you in your workouts.
Speaker 4: Manami Jones has me on the rolling machines, he has me boxing. But here's the thing, Uh, Doctor Silwake and doctor Sadloe says he's had this. I've always thought about my heart as a ticking time bomb. Now he goes through this the way he looks like, and he exercised all the time. Now I'm scared to death. I'm wondering when's mind. That's why I'm getting my calcium scored done today to find out what category am in. Have I regressed in the past three or four years since my last scan Because you can't go back. You can't undo the plaque, can you?
Speaker 3: Or can you?
Speaker 5: So a couple of things. There are two types fax flam no, okay, there's two types of plaque. The CALCIFAD hard plaque that we can see with a ninety nine dollars test that puts us in a low, medium or high risk category. We're going to try to work on that. But the soft plaque that we don't see there are other ways to determine that a hardcath is a gold standard. But there are other tests, like a stress test will tell you if you've got significant soft plaque in addition, So an artery might have thirty percent calcified plaque, but another sixty percent soft plaque. It's a ninety percent total and there's a high probability that that person will flunk a stress test, and then I'll send them to doctor Slanki for a elective hardcas. Yours was a mergent what.
Speaker 1: You've done this twenty something years? Have you seen more of my cases? Our heart's getting worse in America? Are we Is it about the same?
Speaker 2: No, he's getting worsed, Tony. Have we seen two things now? One needs or country's aisying. So we a lot of people eighty plus all of them are calcium as Henry said, and that I have bad blockcase. So that's a whole different situation. And in your age group, we're also seeing a lot of again these plaques building up and they're upstring and causing heart attack. So we're seeing increase in the heart disease on both ends of the population.
Speaker 3: So doctor Samlo, you're looking at a couple of go ahead.
Speaker 5: So the soft plaque you can remove that if you're very good. Dean Ornish did studies in the late eighties people on vegetarian dots. They did a hardcat and then they did a hardcat six months later and some of the soft plaque had regressed, so very low LDL cholesterol with statins and diet and that.
Speaker 3: Means low density LiPo protein.
Speaker 5: Impressed pressed.
Speaker 2: There ahead.
Speaker 5: But so the soft plaque you can remove. And that's the goal is to exercise one hundred and fifty minutes a week plus to eat it close to a vegetarian at if you're a vegetarian like or pescatarian like doctor Brian Stanford. I mean he he probably has very little soft plaque, you know, so there are things you can do but diet, exercise.
Speaker 1: When he's another one of he is built like a I mean a middle linebacker for the Steelers in the seventies at his age. But he had the same thing I did, or not close to it, but he had the same issues.
Speaker 5: He had a big caucifat plaque in his lad when he was thirty five years old. Wow, And that's when he became a vegetarian or pescatari.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you're listening to our voice right now, get it checked. This is for males and females. I know we're concentrated on the male side of this, but women's heart disease is just as bad, right.
Speaker 2: It's very bad. And there are symptoms sometimes maybe even confusing that we call them atypical symptoms. They may feel like dizzy, nauseous, not feeling good, fatigue, palpitation, and people think they're just anxious. You know, they may be having a heart condition. So they should be also checked.
Speaker 5: And we have a Women's Heart Center University Louville. Doctor Shetty is the person who's in charge of that, and she was on the show with Jaye. We need to have her back onto baby atypical symptoms that women sometimes have.
Speaker 1: You seriously aren't getting into the calcium scan together.
Speaker 4: Please a listen, listen. I told doctor Sada No. I told doctor Sadla say, look, I'm cheap. I don't want to do the ninety nine dollars. I'm gonna weigh on top. We'll see it and we'll just spl split it.
Speaker 3: We'll just play. But you know what we do practice, what we preach on here.
Speaker 4: I'm getting my calciums amen score done today, and so is doctor Sadlow.
Speaker 1: You should too. This saved all kinds of lives. What we're gonna take some calls around the top. We're gonna do this at eleven o'clock. If you guys can stick around to eleven fifteen, that would be great.
Speaker 2: Is that good?
Speaker 1: Okay? So we're going to take a short break if you want to stay on hold and ask them questions of the doc because a lot of people are asking these questions about what about me and how do I get these tests right? Do we have all Guy or air? Call two four four nine ninety nine. That is the phone number of Louisville Air dot Calm seventy eight bucks gets the entire system cleaned out. Just like clean out your heart, you need to clean out your furnace because this is gonna be a bad Winters called two four four ninety nine ninety nine or Louisville Air dot Com. That's all guyer Air. Back after this on news radio eight forty w h A, Dave, what do you got for reeling?
Speaker 6: In the years, these were all top twenty hits back in the day. I point out that Dwight actually had it, and then you kind of talked about.
Speaker 3: Oh I did, I did?
Speaker 1: I apologize my bad? I guess is Tobmy Gibson n eighties eighty seven? It's eighty seven. She was doing the mall to it, she was doing the All tours. I had a little it was a little crush on.
Speaker 3: I asked my wife to shake my love.
Speaker 5: Who was the.
Speaker 1: Opposite of her, the redhead Tiffany Tiffany. See you were the Tiffany and I was I was this bloody redhead. Yeah, I know you are why I'm not? I mean no, you're into yeah?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Eighty seven it's eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might not even need another soay wow wow.
Speaker 3: Are yeah love?
Speaker 1: It's eighty seven.
Speaker 3: It's r e M.
Speaker 1: Man the one I don't know? Or is that later at eighty eight?
Speaker 3: This one goes out to the one I love?
Speaker 6: Maybe eighty nine No, no, no, then goes out whatever happened to R They just kind of faded away.
Speaker 1: Doc Sadlow is a huge Ria pull your mic up there already.
Speaker 3: And there's an r M cover band and he plays Michael Stipe.
Speaker 1: When he performs heart surgery, he listens to Arim.
Speaker 5: I was working sixteen our days at Grady Hospital in eighty seven seven A right, listen to my radio.
Speaker 6: All right, next song, Okay, the next song is swing Out, Sister, Breakout.
Speaker 3: You break out could be eighty eight.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's eighty seven. Still, I think it's eighty seven. I wasn't very familiar with this song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not doing a whole lot of metal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, he's trying to trick us.
Speaker 3: I'm a trickster. He's a sabotur.
Speaker 6: I'm a trickster.
Speaker 3: What can I say? I'm a tricks I'm a trickster. And you break.
Speaker 1: It's eighty six or eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Now for me, it's eighty seven or eighty eight for me.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, let's see if this happened. She got skinny after the Go Gos had a solo career. You know what is worth This is the solo version Blinda Carlile. Heaven is a place.
Speaker 1: She's all right, Blinda Carlisle. So this is the solo project. That means it's post So it's definitely eighty seven eighty eight. Yeah, because the bank are the Go Gos were eighty three. They were eighty three right right.
Speaker 3: Their album came about eighty two, well, the big album Vacation. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Doc Sadlow used to listen to the Bengals or the Go Gos while performing hard surgery.
Speaker 3: Occasionally, I like, h do you want to.
Speaker 1: Listen to music while you're doing some surgeries? Do you listen to music?
Speaker 3: You ever goof on the know? No?
Speaker 1: He's like, no, I'm concentrating.
Speaker 4: Do you ever goof on the patients and make their mouths move like asking a question and take their lips and.
Speaker 1: Ye, that's against all.
Speaker 3: It's fun in the operating room, man, I.
Speaker 1: Was awake from mine. It's fun.
Speaker 6: Pet chop boys, no help. It'd be a sin to play with the patient's mouth during surgery. It's a sin.
Speaker 3: Is the song?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I'm at eighty seven? This is totally nineteen eighty seven, my senior year.
Speaker 3: Next song the number one song.
Speaker 6: Ironically, you mentioned her earlier November the thirteenth, Back in the day Tiffany was number one.
Speaker 1: Debbie Gibson was bringing up the rear.
Speaker 3: Let's go eighty eight.
Speaker 1: No, it's a it's eighty seven, all right, it's a later half. Yeah, it's a later half. Maybe seven. Yeah, this is eighty seven. Okay, yeah, it's later half.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll go with you.
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: David, I'm gonna push, give me the ball, clear out the lane. It's nineteen nineteen eighty seven, bro.
Speaker 3: Final answer with eight we go, let me get my dinghy out.
Speaker 6: Remake of Tommy James I Think We're alone now was number one November of the thirteenth.
Speaker 3: Yes, nineteen seven, Yes, well gone.
Speaker 1: That was in a mixture at Eastern Kentucky and nobody cares making out with Cindy Lapper. No, Cindy Williams, all right back after this.
Speaker 7: But Bernal's Pizza Baralds pizzas Louisville style pizza, and the pizza the constantly gets back to Louisville, Southern Indiana and the surrounding area is put some pride in your pizza, dine in, carry out or delivery Baronal's pizza. Yeah, it's that good stick around, gonna be talking, can heart hell in just a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Just ready to wait. Forty whis