Speaker 1: Stuck at home board and alone. You'd think I could have some fun on my own button all.
Speaker 2: I ca AF with Cecily and Stephanie.
Speaker 3: What's up, everybody? Welcome to board AF. It's a new week, it's a new US. We are just we're just thriving out here. Things are great. Things are great in the world, They're great politically, we're waking up every day.
Speaker 2: I'm just happy, are you right?
Speaker 4: I'm so happy, just on a micro level, macro level. I love the California governor race. I love the mayorial race. Just a lot of like wonderful people rising up. I mean, like, are we okay? Remember when I went on the date with the guy. I've talked about this a couple of times, but I'm gonna tell you again because I don't give a book. I on a date a couple of years ago with a very nice gentleman, and he took me on a very nice date. Like usually a first date, they'll have drinks. Some jerks or s are like, oh, do coffee. We do coffee mid city. Like I don't want to do coffee mid city. I don't want to uber to Culver City and have coffee with you, right, or go on a walk.
Speaker 2: But sometimes a guy will be really like old fashioned.
Speaker 4: He's gen X, like fifty, and he's like, let me take you to dinner, like he was doing well, and he was just like he chose a.
Speaker 2: Really romantic place. And it was a little weird, but it was like, and this.
Speaker 4: Is a first date. This was a first date. But we had talked on the phone. I really liked his voice. He was super interesting, smart and funny. Okay, we didn't agree on everything in the world, but like he was on the good side of things, you know what I mean, Like he was he's a good guy and still is a good guy. But we went on this date and uh, I remember it was so nice and the waiter came and was like, would you like a glass of wine?
Speaker 3: Hold on those you see you see him you're skipping like a good good.
Speaker 4: Good dated about But yes, it's yes, he's he's cute enough. I mean, like I like blown away, no, but I doubt he was either like it was like okay, cool, okay, okay. So so they asked if I want a glass of wine the waiter and I was like, oh yes, please, I would like whatever. I get a cabernet and he's like oh. And I was like, oh, was that a problem?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: And he was like, well, just want to make sure because you know, my ex wife just a big drink, you know, kind of a drunk.
Speaker 2: And I was like, well, I understand.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm definitely not a drunk, but I'll yeah, I hear you, you know, and he goes, okay, So I get my and I don't like that if I'm honest.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, work that out. They do the work.
Speaker 4: That's not this, ain't it. You're taking me on a nice date? And like, you can't you can't decide that how long has he been divorced? Very I don't even know if they'd been fully divorced, which by the way, is very common in these dudes. I don't know if it's just la, but they are not divorced when they start going out.
Speaker 2: A lot of them are yeah, yeah right. I mean a lot of them live together.
Speaker 4: A lot of them live together because they say it's called like nothing parenting. It's called like or yeah, cheating something, I call it cheating. It's called like like parenting, intentional parenting.
Speaker 2: It's like we live in the same house and you know, for the child.
Speaker 4: But it's like, what, yeah, okay, wow, we're not in gen X anymore, that's for sure, right, wow?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So and it's also it's hard to date. But I met a guy like that and he was like, it's not for He was really nice. He sent me a link to explain what it's about. And I read the link and I was like, I'm so sorry. That's just not going to work for me. And he was like, got it, no problem.
Speaker 2: Like it was.
Speaker 4: It was a very nice adult exchange, but I'm just not interesting, you know, no thanks. So this guy, I get my glass of wine and then he's like so, I was like, you don't drink. He goes, no, I mean I do a little bit. Just I just like to, you know, I guess I'm a little triggered. And I was like, I got it, you know.
Speaker 2: Fine.
Speaker 4: He proceeds to pull out of his pocket to ten milligram gummies and I asked, I'm like, how strong are those gummies? There were each ten milligrams, so that's twenty milligrams. Just for a reference, I am super high on two point five milligrams of gummies.
Speaker 2: This was twenty milligrams.
Speaker 4: Wow, hoopd them like it was like aspirin, you know, And I was like, oh, I see, And I wanted to be like, well, I'm a little triggered by that, actually, because like now you're just gonna be super baked, and I've dated guys that are super baked and they can't follow a train of thought and it's not that fun for me.
Speaker 2: I think that's way stronger than a glass of wine. Personally, I'm one.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent with you. I don't let I've been triggered in the past. I dated somebody that you also dated that I did not like that, and I would say, please don't kind of your dad a little yes, I'd say, please don't be like really high when you come get me. And he'd be so high that his eyes would just be red, they'd be so squinty, and his face was already kind of like looked puffy and a little bit like high, and he'd smell like I'm hot, and.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh, okay, like you have to be this high to go out with me? Fuck off? Well this is I mean, I don't I didn't. Really.
Speaker 4: The only reason I really feel like I felt it because I'm not usually that Jared was just that he made kind of a to do about a glass of wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which this was only gonna happen one last wine.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna be like, keep felling it up, keep him, bring it, bring the bottle, like actually, some people would bring a bottle, but I was not.
Speaker 2: I was not.
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with that, but I was like, you know, I'm a sort of one and done, you know, but I'm nervous. It's like a date. It's very romantic, and I'm trying to loosen up a little. Yeah, So I don't know, it's weird. There was a point to this story though.
Speaker 3: It was, well, we started talking about politics. So was it that he yeah, did he have some fuck up police?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, good call.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's what it was. So he got super high and now he's not making a whole lot of sense. And he'd worked on a bunch of political political campaigns. I won't say what they work because I want to out the guy. He's really really he's nice and we're still friends to this date where we just didn't really see a second date. It wasn't right for us, but he paid for everything.
Speaker 2: He was really.
Speaker 4: Nice, but he started getting super trippy high and talking about burning man, and then he was like, I think we're all in a simulation. And he kept saying that we're in a simulation. I'm like, but my one glass of wine is the problem. You've literally said the word simulation and matrix and redpill and all the things. You've said it like nine times, but I'm I'm the problem. And so I say all that to say that, actually, I do now think we're.
Speaker 2: In a simulation.
Speaker 4: All of that whole story was to say that maybe he's right, because this does not seem to be making sense. Everybody that's running for governor of California, it doesn't make sense nothing.
Speaker 2: It's not adding up. No, are we in a simulation? Are we in the matrix?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but like all that, but Don is getting upset about like stuff, and I don't know if it's just that I can't believe it anymore. But you know, also on threads and I might bring this up. I might bring up a slightly different topic about threads on our Patreon, but now on threads, I can't get away from it. Like threats used to kind of entertain me, but now every fucking post is about Eric Swalwell.
Speaker 4: But you can change your algorithm, which I do. I changed it yesterday. I said NASA, space, astronomy, flowers. You put in the thing and it does a little thing, and then it starts bringing you the stuff you want. It'll do it for a week and then you can redo it so you can tell it. I don't want any of this because once you click on one Swallwell story, once you click on one Israel Stort, whatever it is, it's going to bring you that forever. So you just literally you write, dear, I'll go, and then I please bring me, and then you say the things.
Speaker 2: Isn't that neat?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I want to go back to when NASA. Okay, I don't care about NASA and space.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm that person. I just I know. I'm sorry. I don't care. Different. Yeah, we're different. We're different that way. I just don't care. I heard all about it. I did.
Speaker 3: I heard the play by play, I heard all about it on my news shows that I listened to.
Speaker 2: And now I'm like, Okay, we're good.
Speaker 4: It's just not for you to be I think it's the most beautiful thing that exists. But I mean, like in as far as just the big picture of things, and these people are so cool, they're so smart, you want to follow them. They're like, that's what we need to We need them in our lives. We need this, we need it because it's not SpaceX, this isn't Elon, this is NASA, and I think they're you know, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just like, go back to telling me like shitty things about Lindy West's book.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you can put that in your algorithm, say, dear, I'll go bring me Lindy West.
Speaker 2: It will believe me, it will. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I've seen a lot of things about how her Yes I sent it to you, Yes, yes, yes, yes, I've been seeing that too though, And I'm like, it's so interesting. That was mostly PR.
Speaker 4: A lot of it was just their PR team really giving it a shot and it didn't work well.
Speaker 3: But there's also the idea that like books don't really sell.
Speaker 2: That well, you know, yeah, even you do that didn't sell.
Speaker 4: It was she was in the New York Times, she was in the Atlantic, she had like full op eds. It became the talk, it was on every TikTok, and it still didn't really sell.
Speaker 2: So what the fuck?
Speaker 3: So the question is are people just not caring about buying books or did that PR actually annoy people and then they were like, well, I don't want to read that book.
Speaker 4: I think they don't care about that. I don't think anyone cared about it in the first place. I wouldn't have bought it with or without all the PR.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I guess if you're a Lindy West fan, you're going to buy the book. I guess if you want to, you know, support her, And if you don't care that much, you're that's not going to make you go, well, now I must.
Speaker 2: Buy this book.
Speaker 4: But it sold like three thousand copies or something that can't be right for the first week or something like it was really love.
Speaker 2: I mean my book sold more than that and that was nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I one of my books, one of my self not self published.
Speaker 2: What am I talking about?
Speaker 3: One of my memoir books, one of my books that was not like about parenting, it was just stories.
Speaker 2: Uh did terrible? I think it sold also sold like three thousand copies altogether. I mean I do remember.
Speaker 4: I think I told you they were sending me statements of what the book sales were, and then they started then I started getting statements where it was negative. It was like, okay, one hundred thousand books have been sent out to Burns and Noble and Borders and back when they had all that. And then I started getting statements and it was like, you have negative five thousand.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, what.
Speaker 4: Do you mean And they're like, yeah, they're sending books back and only get like three months, not the.
Speaker 2: People that bought them, but the borders. Right. Oh, same yeah, much time forever. No same thing happened to me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then they're like, hey, do you want any of these books? We're just going to like destroy them.
Speaker 4: Took hundreds of them because my guy, my publisher, died and so the whole the whole company crumbled and then they were going to burn the warehouse somewhere in Canada.
Speaker 2: They're like, we're they had all.
Speaker 4: Other people's books and stuff too, and they were like, we're gonna sell this, like we have to burn these books, like destroy them.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I'll take them.
Speaker 4: So I had like eight huge boxes, hundreds hundreds for a while. They're just like in the corner of my apartment. And then my friend Jemma came over and she's like I think, I feel like this is this is depressed. Like years later, they're just in my corner of a one budget. She's like, huh, let's let's put these in, like, let's find some other spaces for them. So she found these like high shelves, and now they're just in cabinets.
Speaker 2: You like, open a high cabinet. It's just a lot of She's crazy.
Speaker 4: He's a liar, which now might be a good time to say that if you are interested in buying that, please let me know and I will sell it to you. Not buy it part through Amazon. I don't know who's getting money for that. I will sell you the book. She's crazy, he's a liar, Buy it now, Bye bye, Okay, hilarious.
Speaker 3: You know you know what else we're like excited about. Do you want to talk about Blissy?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Do I ever?
Speaker 4: I love Blissy? Oh my god. I did not know, like a lot of us didn't know. That's silk is where it's at. Forget the cotton and the satin as far as pillowcases. You want silk because it's so much better for your hair, Like you won't frizz or pull on your hair, and it's so much better for your skin, Like dermatologists are saying, like, this is what you want. Lissy is like, well, I was gonna say it's like silk, but it is silk. It's the highest quality silk that you can have, one hundred percent pure mulberry silk.
Speaker 2: And I love it.
Speaker 4: I don't know which color you got. I chose the very light gray. I think you got the black. I got saw yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got black. And you know, this is just a little true story. Sadie, my daughter who's very into her hair, has been swearing about this, swearing by this for oh for a long time, like way before you even heard of this. She was like, no, it's I have to have a silk pillow case.
Speaker 4: It's the thing, like three three million people already have bought these ones.
Speaker 2: It's all.
Speaker 4: It's an Oprah vogueod morning. I mean, this is this is where it's at. I'm gonna tell you how to find this because you are a listener the show. He's offering sixty nights risk free plus an additional thirty percent off when you shop at blissy dot com slash rose Pricks. That's b l I S S y two s's y dot com slash use the rose pricks to get thirty percent off Wacken and hair Well, thank you jumped.
Speaker 3: Okay, also Acorns, which is a great, a great, great product. Listen, Cecily and I both struggle a little bit with like money, money stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't I got so many money?
Speaker 4: Huh Okay, okay, Yes, no struggle, and yes, Acorns is where it's at. It's an app that helps you kind of figure out your finances, right like, it helps you figure out ways that you invest. It can invest even if you don't have a lot of money. That's the thing I love the most. It's like you got five extra bucks a month, throw it in and we're going to tell you where to put it. That makes it safe and can make it grow. So take out the embarrassment of going, I don't know how to do this. I don't have any money. You don't have too, Yeah, exactly tell people how to do.
Speaker 2: This one Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can sign up now and Acorns will boost your new account with a five dollars bonus investment.
Speaker 2: Join the over fourteen million.
Speaker 3: All time customers who have already saved and invested over twenty seven billion dollars with Acorns. Head to acorns dot com slash rose pricks or download the Acorns app to get started. Paid nonclient endorsement compensation provides and centive to positively promote Acorns Tier two Compensation provided potential subject to various factors, such as customers, accounts, agent investment settings does not include Acorns fees. Results do not predict or represent the performance of any Acorns portfolio. Investment results will vary. Investing involves risk. Acorn Advisors LC and SEC Registered Investment Advisors view important disclosures at acorns dot com slash rose pricks. Yeah, all right, so we were talking a little bit about Yeah, do you want to talk about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do a little bit. Here's why I'm gonna bring We're gonna make it fun. We're gonna make it.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 4: We're gonna make this fun as hell here in California. You know, we don't have the best people running for governor. Now, there's quite a long list. So it's weird to me that everyone's acting like, well, that's it. We're doomed completely because there's other people besides Swa. But he was our front runner, Eric Swalwell. He was in the Congress was he he was a congressman.
Speaker 3: He's attorney general, right, I don't even know attorney general presentative it said, So I thought he was a congressman.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, what does Eric swall Well do? What does he do?
Speaker 3: He's shit Representative Swalwell. So he's just in the house, right, he would not make him a congressman. Yeah, so I thought he was. I think he was like a California's attorney Just ignore me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's ignore you. And also about.
Speaker 4: Space, but let me just let me just say this, I have another question for you about that. But so the first thing that came up about this, well, a lot of things that for those who don't know he got right now. The numbers probably gonna change by the time you hear this, but right now there's five allegations against him for alleged sexual assault. I have different women.
Speaker 2: He made a video himself.
Speaker 4: And by the way, this isn't just like oh on the internet, like CNN has put this out. This is very confusing to me. There's a woman, there's somebody that goes by the name missus frazzled. Yeah, and everyone just keeps quoting missus Frawt. I'm like who is missus frazzled?
Speaker 2: Why is that their name?
Speaker 3: Okay, and she and missus frazzled would be so mad that you're saying that because and listen, no offense to missus frazzled. Okay, So don't come for me people. But she's annoying me because yes, she came out with the story and was like, you know, talking about the allegations, and now that they're out, she's super mad because people aren't giving her credit for coming out with the allegation.
Speaker 4: Why is her name missus Fratt? Like she's a CNN reporter where she was like a source for she she's like a social media person. She's no, she's not a source for anybody. She's just like somebody who posts like political content. And but if you look at like you look at her page and it's just Roger Stone, because that is one of the controversies around is that Roger Stone kind of tipped the story, like and you know.
Speaker 2: Right, So she's mad.
Speaker 3: She's really mad that people are giving Roger Stone credit for it when she's like, that was my like I said that, I said it first, and.
Speaker 2: People are like, oh, I don't know, you were don't follow you.
Speaker 4: I just went to her. Uh, I went to her site. She's a very young, very young lady who yes like she would look and uh yeah. She's pinned a post from twenty three hours ago. Say thank you for throwing your weight behind this, and me thank you for the survivors who have trusted us.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is.
Speaker 4: Somebody who's been uncovering a story. But she has a lot. She says, just now this second, as I open this, it literally says now, not even a minute ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, constantly writing oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: She says, not only will I support survivors who come forward, I will protect the whistleblowers. The environment that protects creditors is propped up in part by those who will bend over backwards to discredit reports of abuse.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: In some ways, the truth is the truth. If someone wants to slander me for you or someone you know, they can talk to my lawyer. This is part of the issue, and it's not infighting to squash it. So people are I think democrats are like, chill out, missus frazzled, let's investigate, right, I think that's why she's mad.
Speaker 3: No, well, go back, because it seems to me, you could be right. I don't want to just say that you're wrong. But I think her main thing is that she does she is feeling but hurt that she didn't get the credit for it.
Speaker 2: But how she said it a bunch of names, missus frazzled, I don't know her name. Thank you there to credit. That's what I That's what I'm saying. It's like.
Speaker 3: And also the story is out, and shouldn't the story be so of like the important part not on not giving you credit for breaking news, like shut up missus frale.
Speaker 2: So right, she's mad.
Speaker 4: She goes you, guys, it was really it was nobody but us, no Roger Stone, no Katie Porter.
Speaker 2: First of all, you what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know how to make everyone freaking I don't know how to make everyone freaking out and making stuff up. Come to terms with that. I don't really understand what she's saying. And then she has like she's screenshotting people. Guys, you don't want to send her a message, She's going to screenshot it and post it.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of that.
Speaker 4: Then she's yeah, she's mad the Roger Stone was behind this conspiracy theory is actually insane, especially because people were basing it on having some secret inside info. The Keith posted on Twitter five hours before Roger said anything. This is someone named Keith Edwards. Everyone was working from the same info. By this point, missus frazzled you. Okay, I'm starting to think that missus frasld is not on our side.
Speaker 3: Then no, she, missus frasld is is very much against Eric swallwell, and she's but she's also gotten very caught up and who should get credit for uncovering that.
Speaker 4: Let's should we play his Okay, well, we don't have to play because it might be too harsh. But because I have another way, I'm going to go with this. But so, after these allegations came out, everybody, i mean shift blows. Everyone's like, yeah, we're not gonna throw our support behind you now, I mean, obviously we have to take a step back, which is what we do because that's what like good people do. Right, Hey, let's let this be investigated and really take this seriously.
Speaker 2: Whatever that.
Speaker 4: But then he put out a statement and I don't know if you watched his statement.
Speaker 2: But I did want some of it. I was a little grossed out.
Speaker 4: I have to tell you, you know, I think you would agree with me on this that I'm very easily like. He said, he remember when I agree I believed Kanye's apology. At first, I'm like, you likes Juice Stephanie, and You're like, I don't know all he said.
Speaker 2: He went, I want to believe that.
Speaker 3: You said as long as Kanye this was this is kind of word for word. Well no, no, no, I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It wasn't Kanye. It was you said this about Nick Cannon. You were just like, listen, he's willing to do the work, and he's really he's asking he wants to meet with a rabbi.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I really really felt that, and I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: And same with Conn. I was like, well, maybe he means it. So I'm going in with like, let me look in his eyes.
Speaker 4: You know, what would that feel like to be a public figure, to have allegations that could be being drawn up by a Republican You know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, fucking game, what kind of eyes?
Speaker 4: Beautiful brown eyes, beautiful brown eyes, but like you know what I'm saying, you don't know, and imagine, imagine you're running for something like this and you've been in the eye and somebody's accusing you of something you didn't do. So I sat down very like ready to go. I believe him. I'm sorry I did. That's just the honest truth. And I watched it and I do not believe him.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, isn't the whole thing it's it First of all.
Speaker 3: There's not just one accuser, right, But also, you know, isn't there kind of a thing where he's saying, well, yeah, I was cheating my wife and I did, you know, but it was a consensual It's one of those kind of things. It's like, well, you're admitting to everything, but the part that.
Speaker 4: We couldn't see, right, And that's one of the allegations was though one of them was this was in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: She was a staffer.
Speaker 4: They got super drunk and hooked up, but it was not good, like she did not remember a lot, and that was a weird one, and she told her boyfriend like it was weird, and then it happened again in twenty twenty last year or something, so that was a little like, huh, sounds like he thinks y'all are just getting wasted and hooking up right, So it's possible. But normally I would give someone the benefit of the doubt, not normally sometimes, but in this case.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: He seemed skeevy and he'd never seemed skeeve to me before, had he do you?
Speaker 2: Like, I hes seen I love this guy. I know it's very disappointing. I mean, I don't know who the thing is like.
Speaker 3: But when I get okay, so and I'm gonna say, I'm frazzled here, she wants to talk to you.
Speaker 2: So this is the thing.
Speaker 3: If you say anything, if you go like, well, I don't know, maybe he didn't do it, people will go like they're going to lose our mind their minds, and I'm not so I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely not saying that.
Speaker 3: But also even if you do want to say that, one of the things like if you go, okay, but Al Franken, can we all just remember that we just canceled Al Franken because he took a picture that he thought was trying to be funny of him not even groping somebody, like pretending to be touching their boobs. But people will say to that, Okay, that is true, and you know, but this is totally different.
Speaker 4: This is not just groping. Rape allegations canceled out. I mean, this is we I'm gonna read you something, and I'm so glad I screenshot this because it looks like it's already down, because this guy is such a fucking So a couple of months, maybe a month ago, we talked about Chris Titus and how he put up a bunch of statements about how Jews controlled the media, and he called, uh, he called this the United States of Jamerica, not joke. People are like, dude, take this down. We talked about some people like are you okay, Like it seems like you're not okay, and I was not that nice.
Speaker 2: And then he called and then he followed up.
Speaker 3: He doubled down because people tripled the fuck and then he was like called us.
Speaker 4: All like bagel bagel leaders or something. Remember yeah, yeah, yeah, something about bagels. And then he also was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: He was so mad.
Speaker 4: He goes, this has been the worst forty hours after all I've done for Jews. Yeah, I was like, and I've stood on the right. He never apologized nothing, okay. So then an hour ago, as of Saturday, he wrote I know this will make women mad, and I'm sorry for that. I was lied about by my ex wife. Don't believe that for a second. I believe every single fucking thing your ex wife said about you because you're a piece of shit. So hear me now, he said horrible shit for years. It was all a lie, proven in court to be a lie.
Speaker 2: I find it.
Speaker 4: Odd that years ago this supposedly happened with swallwell, yet we never heard about it until he ran for governor, sorry, until he became the lead candidate for governor. He impeached Trump, no allegations, he got reelected, did the Congress, no allegations? Why not if he did it, file charges, go to court. Okay, so a lot of people did not as you'd imagine like that. Take a lot of people like bad, take dude, unfollow And I wanted to get in there and go why didn't you.
Speaker 2: Unfollow him when he said junited says of Jamerica? Also, I know, like what is it? So? Okay?
Speaker 3: So it looks like he took that, may have taken that down. Why didn't people unfollow him at that point?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Why is he still a voice? Why is his voice being amplified?
Speaker 4: On threads one hundred and thirty thousand followers, which is a lot on threads because it's like relatively new. So now he's taken that down. And six minutes ago he and missus frazzle do you think they're the same person because they are never not saying something? Oh six minutes ago as of Saturday, he wrote, so, but is it the Kara Sarah, Sarah, Xavier or Porter. Let's get our shit together or we're shit out of luck. So now he's somebody shamed him enough to taking Swallwell thing down, right, and now he's all for it. He's the voice of our democracy. By the way, neither is a good choice. I would take Xavier over quarter personally. But then he wrote, somebody said the women's accounts are compelling and believable, and I say that as someone who used to respects Swalwell, and he wrote, right, that's the fucked up part. I hate that we find out that people we thought were good dot dot dot weren't.
Speaker 3: Oh, shut up, shut up, Christopher Titus. Okay, I want to say something and I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to come off like missus frazzled here, I do not so please don't please hear this in the way it's intended. Never thought Chris Titus was funny ever, always thought he sounded like an angry, misogynistic douchebag.
Speaker 2: Like never got it.
Speaker 3: I was always like all these people that are like, oh my god, Christopher Titus, he's like, he's so like, he's got such a fresh take.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, he's just angry.
Speaker 4: I don't like, my god, there's more listen to this, so he said, I just watched this thirty five minutes ago. Just watch the it's about Swallwell, cy fuck. I hate the timing of the shit. Roger Stone being involved, possible connection to Porter, possibly actually evidence and saying I made mistakes is damning. It's always so self righteous about Dems. I keep thinking about Franken and Waltz. One woman said something happened in twenty nineteen, yet he ran for president in twenty twenty. No allegations. I have no dog in this fight. I'm fine. I just hate how the timing seems suspect. Okay, that's fine. But then he wrote again thirty six minutes ago, I've been through this shit.
Speaker 2: My ex said I beat her.
Speaker 4: Okay, first of all, if I'm not saying he did or didn't do that, but what a weird thing to write. Yeah, like he's nuts as fuck, Like this poor ex wife. My ex said I beat her for years. We were together for fifteen. It never happened, and it was proven in court it never happened.
Speaker 2: You can you never beat her. You might prove that. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: Guys like that, Guys like Christitis that are like, well, it was proved in court. No, it means that she couldn't prove that you did it. It doesn't mean and it was proved that you didn't do it. Oh my god, I believe her.
Speaker 4: He said she just waited to claim abuse until I filed for divorce after catching or cheating with two guys. That is the most manipulative bullshit I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Gross angry guy guys.
Speaker 4: Because her file a case, swallwell clear your name or quit. We've made the mistakes before with Franken Kamala. The DEM's purity test is what God is trump.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I kind of agree with that, But where you go, what are you saying.
Speaker 3: It's not the problem is that it's not just a purity test. When when when you're a person who's like basically raped women. You're not fit to run for off. You're not fit, just the same way that Donald Trump isn't. Like, that's not a purity test. That's like, we don't want that running our fucking country, running our state like that means that you're fucked up and you have shitty morals, and Democrats don't want that.
Speaker 2: It's not a purity test. Now, that Al Franken thing, it was a.
Speaker 3: Purity test in my mind, that was insane, very mad at Kristin Gillibrand or whoever the one that was calling for him to have to resign.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't ever resigned, but it was like it was a hard time. He did not.
Speaker 4: By the way, Chris Titus take this post down. He left the post up, and there's like because he loves the engagement. I think he loves it. He's like he thinks he's like a Stanhope or something. I mean, he's such a fucking weirdo. Yeah, like fucking hell, Tius. Someone wrote you obviously did not bother to do any research before posting. Read the San Francisco Chronicle reads Missus Frazzle's post.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't.
Speaker 4: Ever want to say missus like I honestly, I'm glad that she's on like the women's side, like I support that, But what is happening? Why is it happening? And why maybe she's using that name because she doesn't use her real name. She's on people coming for her? Why that name?
Speaker 3: No, she's been that name and been posting stuff for a long time, not just like this stuff. She's like, she's big anti hoop poster.
Speaker 4: Can I read you what I what I wrote to Chris Titus after the Jew the Jew remarks. This was on March eighteenth, not even that long ago. I tried to write him a message which he didn't see on threads. Okay, yeah, tell us what it was.
Speaker 2: I'm going to read it to you. I can't.
Speaker 4: This is so me and I hate this about myself. H I said, Hi, Chris, my name is Cecily, and I met you long time ago.
Speaker 2: It just for laughs.
Speaker 4: I was one of the pretty angry people about your junited joke. I made some jokes of my own about it. I was just trying to come clean, like, yeah, I said, you were hitting on sex workers.
Speaker 2: Remember what you want?
Speaker 4: Yes, I said, But in thinking on it. You do seem to be on the same side as I am on most things, So I guess I'm just messaging to ask, what was the joke? Do you understand how it hurt people, myself included, and could you, if you want, explain the reference. Were you mocking the kind of person who would say that? Was that the joke kind of like a character thing. I so genuinely want to understand, because my gut tells me that you're a good dude, even though my first instinct was that you are not.
Speaker 2: I hope you're doing well. Actually I'm very proud of that. That wasn't that bad for me. But does your gut tell you he's a good duke?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I did, and now it doesn't.
Speaker 3: But at the time, were you thinking or were you just saying that to take a stake?
Speaker 4: A week later and I was like, well, he has all these friends and he mostly hates Trump, and it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Like I was trying to, I really.
Speaker 4: Was giving a little I mean, I know we don't like to use these words like giving grace, but I was really giving a lot of grace, Yeah, a lot of grace.
Speaker 2: Like, what was the joke there? Can you explain and were you just joking?
Speaker 4: And was that kind of like, hey, was it like when David Bowie had that weird, thin white duke character where he was kind of a Nazi, but it was like his character.
Speaker 2: Thing he was doing that, we're doing a Bowie thing.
Speaker 3: Was it like when Roseanbard did take an ambion no, pretended to be putting juice in an oven while wearing a Nayler mustache, which which you told me was a joke, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: But that would be about that. I don't get it. Funny joke. What was the joke part?
Speaker 4: She's just saying something outrageous, just absolutely outrageous.
Speaker 3: Like not funny to us, But what's the humor? Like, what's how is it not just being straight up racist?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I I'm genuinely asking. I don't understand. No, I think it is genuinely being straight But like to her, that's a joke. To a sect of people, that's a joke. They're being They think it's funny. It's I mean, but I don't get they. I literally don't get the shan.
Speaker 2: I guess she would. I don't know, you'd have to ask her.
Speaker 4: But like she's Jewish, so I think she would try to say she was just making some dumb, the worst thing you could say kind of joke. Remember when they used to do that on Twitter. That's why James Gunn got canceled. That's why all these people got canceled. Au they were saying literally the worst thing you could say. You can't stop us. It's freedom of speech. That's the joke that I don't agree with that. It doesn't make me laugh. But they got fired. I mean, James Gunn lost all of his deals at Disney until they demanded they bring him back because he was making like little boy rape jokes on Twitter for a very long time. And he wasn't the only one.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of people doing that.
Speaker 4: Remember the lady that got canceled because she said something about going and she was going to South Africa.
Speaker 3: Yes, but that canceled to me, But I can explain to you why that's a joke. And I can't explain why Roseanne Barr putting Jews in an oven.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't explain what's what is even meant to be funny about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I agree with you, I don't think there's.
Speaker 3: No but I do remember, and this is like, I'm literally not accusing you of anything, but I do remember at the time you were standing up for her and saying, but I think she was she she meant that.
Speaker 4: As a joke, and well, I know she meant it as a joke, but I don't know what the joke is. I mean, I certainly don't think that's funny. It's not that wouldn't That doesn't make me laugh, It makes me very sad. But I don't think she thought that she was hitler, Like she thinks she's joking or she's trying to move she's trying to do the same thing they were all doing on Twitter back in two thousand and eight for whatever reason. I mean, she's a lot of terrible things, like there's something wrong with her. Oh yeah, so what she thinks is funny, I can't. I can't speak for about like that's what she thinks is funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I don't know how anybody could how Christopher Titus could possibly explain what his joke was. Yeah about saying where the United States is back down?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: He never changed anything, And so now now he's writing I think he's doing it for engagement I think it's engagement.
Speaker 2: Clearly.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that buys you, though, And this is an honest question about like social media, Like what does the engagement buy you, like more followers? Just because I can't imagine you get brand deals off of being racist or antisemitic, do you know what I mean? I can't imagine that companies are reaching out, like is Nike going like, oh my god, you have so many followers, we'd love to like advertise, Like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: He has quite a few followers, and I think he grew like the more engagement is the better, So like you might not get a lot of life, but like on that when he got hundreds and hundreds of comments, and that's engagement, that's how the algorithm sees it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I think that's what he's going for.
Speaker 4: I think he's I mean the fact that he just literally wrote my ex set I beat her and then outs the ex for cheating and then nothing's good about this, you know, like I mean, I love it, and he goes and one more thing, men, no man zero has a penis worthy of a photo shoot.
Speaker 2: Shoot, Stop sending dick pics and class it up. Oh things class.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, class it up, everybody, Chris Titus tells you to class it up.
Speaker 2: Don't send any more dick pics. No more of those guys.
Speaker 3: Come on, guys, that's not it's not getting the reaction you hope.
Speaker 2: Take it from me. I'm a good looking guy. I don't need to send dick pics.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, I mean, FuG like, this is gross. Okay, what's something hilarious? What's what's a hilarious we have? We have Natasha Leone. Are we saving that for? We're saving that for cringe?
Speaker 3: Right? I mean we kind of are. I mean, should I just tell you the thing? Should I just tell you the thing that I was annoyed about on Threads?
Speaker 2: Sure? I mean why not? I mean, this is not Listen. I understand where people are coming from, but Threads is just speaking of engagement shit that gets on my nerves. So I was telling Cecily before we started recording that I woke up in the morning and I saw this thread and it was a woman saying she was a white woman. Okay, that's important to the story. So this white.
Speaker 3: Woman was saying that she overheard she was at a store and she overheard an older old lady, an older lady, like a grandma type, approach a black woman and her child and say like, oh my gosh, Liker, your baby or your child is so cute. I just want to like I just want to like take.
Speaker 2: Him home with me.
Speaker 3: I just want to have him something to that effect. Okay, it was, And so of course you're hearing that and you're like okay, and she's like, can you believe it? Can you believe this person said that like clearly like slavery implications, ah, and like you have to think before you speak, and you can't like who would say that in this day and age? And you know, how do you think that landed with this woman? And I was just like wait, what, like what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Is this? Is this our?
Speaker 3: And then so of course other people were like, well, oh, she goes obviously that's what came to mind. Obviously that's what comes to mind. That's what you're bringing to mind. And people were like, well it came to mind for you, that doesn't mean it's coming to mind for other people.
Speaker 2: So then she said she got mad. She right, yeah, she's like hey, well she was.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't want you to speak, please don't speak for black people like black people and she's.
Speaker 2: A white person.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And she was like, I want I want like black people to weigh in on this.
Speaker 2: It's like I don't.
Speaker 3: Of course white people are speaking up and saying they don't see it. Of course you don't see it because you're white, Like that's not hasn't been your experience. But you know, people were like, this is just not this is just not the take. I mean, you're you're what trying to get a stranger canceled for saying like and then you know, I mean, then you get a couple of people that were like, yeah, I'm with you. That was like a really bad taste to say that, But mostly the people do cutie, you're a cute Do you want to get you up? I just want to take you home. Yeah, that's what people. People were saying. They're like, okay, so if somebody says like I want to eat you up, are you like that's horrible?
Speaker 2: Like that means you cannot eat a child?
Speaker 4: Yes, we are in And this was and you say this lady, the white lady, Well, okay, let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: How old was the white lady? Ish? Did you look at her profile?
Speaker 4: I mean Connie Young. Yeah, exactly. Yeah, it's always is that. That is the problem we're in it. We have an issue, Houston. Sorry to bring up space again. I am really sorry that I brought up Houston having a problem.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Did you not like the movie Gravity where Sandra Bullock wore the worst wig in the world and went up into space? That was a wig? Horrible movie? It was I long it won Best Picture. It is not not that that means it's a good movie, because so did Crash. But I also was Sandra Bullock. But I loved that movie. It was beautiy I cried, it was so beautiful. Yeah, I hated it, okay, But what I did not know, and I'll give you this is my the guy who cuts my hair. I was like, how did she get her hair so long? Again after and he's like, oh, she was wearing like the worst wig. He's like, you couldn't tell that was a wig. And now that I look at it again, I'm like, oh, yeah, it was like a joys to wit wig. Give us the joys to wit for Space?
Speaker 2: You didn't like Gravy? I loved it.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think, did you like Contact, that's one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 3: I think I saw Contact way too long ago to way in at this.
Speaker 2: Point and it probably doesn't hold up to be honest. But okay, I'm going to tell you something. I'm going to tell you something though.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you about another product, and it's Cozy Earth and we've talked about it on last week's shows. But here's the thing about Cozy Earth and these are are the bamboo sheet sets. The comforter that's silky, doesn't even need to dovey cover. The these are high end. They feel like luxurious hotel sheets. But guess what they're having like an insane sale right now for Mother's Day. And it's good for this week, it's good from April twelfth to the eighteenth.
Speaker 2: So I'm on it.
Speaker 3: I need to tell you how to do it this Mother's Day. Give the gift that shows up every single night. Head to cozyearth dot com and use our code rose pricks Bogo. Okay, so the code is different this time, guys, it's Rosey. I'm literally writing it down.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Roast order bo do it ok Bogo for an exclusive buy one, give one offer running from April twelfth to the eighteenth on sheet sets. And if you get a post purchase survey mention you heard about cozy Earth. Here goes the earth for the person who makes everywhere feel like home. So do that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, all right, let me let me, let us, let me pull you home. I guess really cool? Are we are?
Speaker 4: Kind of you?
Speaker 2: Can you can tell me something else?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Should we say hi to people? Okay, I'm gonna tell you something else before we say hi to people? Okay, I wrote an article and I thought of you because I used your name in the article, not last name.
Speaker 2: Oh but here's the.
Speaker 4: Title of the article, which is people are swearing that these gen X and millennial names are due for a resurgence. Uh huh, yes, well one of those names was well, I think I already told you now what, Stephanie.
Speaker 2: But what I said is get.
Speaker 4: Ready for a lot of todds. We're gonna get a lot of todds. But I'm going to read you some of this and then I want you to tell me some of the names you want back. Okay, Okay, So like if you're I'm just gonna read what I wrote. But if you're a gen xer, or you'll ask yourself how many Jennifers.
Speaker 2: Did you grow up with?
Speaker 4: How about Brian's Stephanie's but I spelled it with a phe sorry because it's mostly spelled like that. I said, it seems like these names are coming back. Did you know that people are having kids and they're thinking of name of them? Fucking Todd Todd's coming back.
Speaker 2: I did not know this. That's the talk. That is the talk. Now let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: I put this in the article, but most popular baby names from the seventies, I have one through ten.
Speaker 3: Can I guess some guys name a few that you think are on the list popular names from the seventies. Okay, I'm gonna say Debbie. Debbie is not on the top ten.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Barbara.
Speaker 4: No, Barbara, you're thinking, See, Barbara would have been born in the sixties. Barbara would be a little older in the seventies. So these are kids that are born in the seventies. Okay, so well, Jennifer, but we already.
Speaker 2: Jennifer's number one. Okay, you can think of Heather two. Heather. Heather is number eight. Oh, got that? Okay?
Speaker 4: Jephanie your own name is number nine. Okay, Lisa, Lisa is number six. You're doing great?
Speaker 2: Okay? Um oh shit, I don't know thinking of it.
Speaker 3: Amy Melissa Melissa, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: The boys.
Speaker 4: Let's throw out a couple of boys. What do you think that David Michael has got to be number one? Michael's number one, David's number four. Uh, Brian, Brian's number eight. We already said David, David's four. Mitchell Mitchell is not there's no Mitchell. I like, like Mitch, I went to school with so many Mitches. Well, let me but you were born in the sixties, to be fair, So it's a little bit different. It's a little it's slightly it's weird how it changes because Michael came along right nineteen seventy and Michael's just.
Speaker 2: Never is never goes out of style. But it kind of did go out of style here.
Speaker 4: What if what if I was to if I were if you were asking me these questions, I would just come up with the dumb I'd be like.
Speaker 2: Blinky, sloppy, all right? What about John?
Speaker 4: Also, Stephanie, what bleepy? And I'm like, I went to a performing arts in school. I guess you did not, and you will a lot of bleepies. I guess you just did and we just live different lines. Oh how about Sean.
Speaker 2: Sean is not on there, but I'm sure it is in the top one hundred. I bet for sure. Okay, they're spelling to be honest, Richard. Look the top.
Speaker 4: Guys, Jason, Christopher, Christopher, Jason, David, James, John Robert, Brian, William and Matthew.
Speaker 2: Some of those are like classics. Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: What they say about names are that it's a hundred year rule. There's one hundred year rule. The theory goes, as I wrote it, that names recirculate every century. And perhaps that's now why there seems to be resurgence of vintage names quote unquote from the twenties like Hazel, Arthur and Evelyn. Right, so we know that, but now it's going faster. We used to do it every hundred years. Now it's like every twenty years. So baby experts now claim that people are not waiting a century to bring back popular names, and they're ready for these names. Top of the list now, according to Charlotte, coming back, Deborah is on that Angie, Jamie, Leslie and Bonnie oh and Bonnie's coming back.
Speaker 2: Well, we have a friend named Bonnie. She'll be happy about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I don't know, Like, maybe you don't want it. Maybe you want to be your own Bonnie and not have a bunch of little Bonnie's running around.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It goes on and on, but a lot of people argue about the name Todd. People either love it or they hate it. I don't know what your take on Todd is now. No, I had a crush on a Todd.
Speaker 2: I like Todd. I think Todd's just like I had a couple. There are a bunch of Todds. I liked. Todd was the quarterback God's are cool? Do you think it's too much like Brad? Yeah, bad Brad Fad Blinky? Why don't you have a kid who named it blinky?
Speaker 4: I don't understand why you're being so difficult about that, Like, is it like one of the most famous astronauts that NASA has ever seen was named blinky?
Speaker 2: And I feel like you don't even care. It's kind of not Yeah, it's not on my radar. But you know what, we should we should talk about some names name Blinky. We should talk about some names that are.
Speaker 3: People that pay money to listen to our show that we love Blinky Mayames Yes, and Blinky Bastion Blinky Bastian is great, and Silvano blinky Yes, Sandra Blank, Sandra Green Yes, Patrick Blinky Price, what about collect Rock blinky Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Julie blinky bole mm hmm yeah.
Speaker 4: I like that in Victoria Bla Blake and Crawford blink and blink and Dick Rollicker. You can't add anything to that.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 4: You can't make that better's name Harry Maler blinky blinky, Karen blinky Watson.
Speaker 2: I mean it's pop Joel.
Speaker 3: Guys are blink blink heard Sean blink and Kate Donado.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, guys, thank you for me. I don't think I have nothing to like.
Speaker 4: I'm fighting, I guess openly with Chris Titus, but I don't give a ship, do you. I mean a nice message I sent to that man non deserving. He did not deserve your grace, as we'll call it from now on. No, he didn't even a little bit like he didn't even see it if he or he did see it, and just was like, no, not gonna write back to that jew.
Speaker 2: I do not like I do not care for him. No, I don't care for a lot of people, all right, all right, Hey, we love you, thank you. Yeah, we're sorry. I'm blinky.