Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Tuesday night. You're Los Angeles Dodgers sixty six and forty seven on this season, first place and all alone atop the NL West, currently a five game lead in the division going into play tonight. After an emotional win in the series opener against the Phillies last night, the Dodgers now winners.
Speaker 3: Of three in a row.
Speaker 2: They look to do it again tonight with Clayton Kershaw on the mound, first pitch from Dodgers Stadium, this coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 3: Between then and now.
Speaker 2: We got a lot to get to here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Dodger reliever Anthony Bondo, who has been fantastic since coming to the Dodgers. Will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moments, we got your O tany ree. We shortly, we'll hear from Sports and net LA's on Kirsten Watson. In just a few minutes, we'll send it out to the Galpa Motors broadcast booth and check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night at the Ravine Glass Now was good, Otani win deep and Freedman made his return. Yeah, Freddie Freeman made his return after almost ten days away from the team with a family emergency. His young son Maximus is okay on the recoord or a road to recovery, and Freddie Freeman made his way back to Dodger Stadium. And what a beautiful return it was, everybody giving Freddy his standing at ovation in his return at first base. Meanwhile, Tyler Glassnow got the start and the big right hander was good for six innings, allowing just three runs on five hits while striking out nine along the way. In the second, Glass now thought he was gonna get out of it clean by a ball misplayed by Andy Paiez in center field to open the door for two outs for the Phillis to score two runs and take a two to Donzing lead oh No. In the third, though the Dodgers offense able to get to air Nola Jason Hayward lead off double. Next batter, Andy.
Speaker 4: Pas centerfielder, about to see the eighth pitch from Aaron Nola in this ab and here it is, Pot has grips at left field. It is gonna drop in for a fair ball into the corner. Hey, We're gonna score easily. RBI double Andy Pots. The Dodgers now trailed.
Speaker 3: Two to one.
Speaker 2: Andy Pott has making up for his mistake with an RBI double, his eighteenth of the season, RBI number thirty three in the Dodgers down two to one. Two batters later, with the runners on first and third and one out, show Yo tani a Sack fled a right that tied the game in two, and the Dodgers still weren't done. The very next batter, Teoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 4: Nola's pitch Hernandez lace left field looking toward the corner.
Speaker 5: It if gone.
Speaker 3: Tioscar Hernandez squeeze is.
Speaker 2: A two run glass inside the foul pole down the left field line, and the Dodgers have a four spot in the Hey lead by two tier run home run for Tay Oscars, twenty fourth of the season.
Speaker 3: That's the top tier play of the game.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by ARCO Quality top tier gas for less Dodgers. With a four run third inning off Aaron Nola, took a four to two lead. Tyler Glass now would take that lead into the sixth, giving up a running that inning but getting out of a jam with just the one run. Dodgers were up four to three after Glass Now, the Dodgers bullpen did their thing. Michael Kopek put up a zero in the seventh. Anthony Banda worked out of a jam with a pair of strikeouts as the Dodgers kept their four to three lead. In the bottom of the eighth, showy Otani a solo home run, his thirty fourth. That was a huge insurance run for the Dodgers, who were up five to three going to the top half of the ninth inning when Daniel Hudson came on and he closed it out for the Dodgers. They get the win five to three. Tyler Glass now his ninth win of the season. Dodgers now nineteen games over five hundred sixty six and forty seven, half game back of the Phillies for the best overall record in the National League. They're leading now five games in the division. Tonight they give the wall to Clayton Kershaw in game two of his three game set. First Bitch is seven to ten and with more we head out the Dodgers Dadium the Galloping Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 6: Thank you Tim.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers trying to take this series from the Philadelphia Phillies, and with a win today, Rick Monday, the Dodgers would have the top record in the National League.
Speaker 6: How about it?
Speaker 7: Well, and it means more than just the bragging rights. I mean, if you look at postseason play, it also means home field advantage and that that is a huge, huge deal. And again it's more than just to post it up. Hey, we have the best record, I know it and actually means something if it comes down to with the postseason.
Speaker 4: And the Dodgers have seen already this year how tough a play Citizens Bank Ballpark is to play a baseball game, and it is to the end degree in the postseason. So you'd rather have the majority of the games here at Dodgers Stadium, wuldn't you? I absolutely agree, especially when you saw the atmosphere that can be created by Dodgers fans. Last night was a moment that we'll never forget to welcome back for Freddy.
Speaker 7: Franz, and it was wonderful. I think for all of us. There's a timeout that we had. First of all, there's a time out from reality when we come to the ballpark. That's one of the things you checked at the gate, YEP. Unfortunately, when the game's over, they hand us back the reality as we're leaving the stadium. But last night, the moment, I mean from the moment that fred Freeman walked into the locker room for a matter a matter of fact, and seeing all the jerseys that were up with the Maximus on the front and then Freeman on the back, I mean that brought him to tears. And I think all of us, you know, one of the big, big deals. We talked about it last night from a parent's standpoint, but when you have one of your children's in peril, everything stops, I mean reality stops, live stops and everything else. That was a magical moment I think for all of us, And kudos to everybody was here at the stadium, because in support we are much much better as a society. When we hold hands, you go arm in arm in something. And last night, fifty thousand went arm in arm to let Freddy Freeman his family know, look.
Speaker 6: We're right with you.
Speaker 4: Example of the baseball brotherhood that is talked about so often.
Speaker 6: You saw it.
Speaker 4: I mean just from Marvin Hudson, the crew chief, Garrett Stubbs, the catcher, Aaron Nola, all the Phillies, I mean Nick Castianos has his hat off in his hand to his chest, just the whole the whole scene. It was well done by all parties involved, and especially the Dodgers fans.
Speaker 7: And trod That was one of those moments too. No one was saying, oh, is your team in first place? Is he gotten a base hit? Is this guy's era is down? No, this was a moment about hey, look we can all be touched, yeah, at the snap of a finger in our own lives and our own families. And it was a wonderful sharing. I think of a lot of emotion and support last night.
Speaker 4: It was one of those where I was obviously was thankful.
Speaker 6: To be here.
Speaker 4: I was bummed to be on the radio call because you have to describe it, and I was like trying to hold back the tears and the emotions of the moment as well. So it was just a really cool thing. And to cap off the night with the win of course with Freddy obviously and show he talked about the afterwards to get a win and Freddie's turn was ultimately an appoint important thing too because it sets him up for a series win today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the ball clup's going back, and you understand as it look the guys on the other side of the field for the Phillies, they're trying to iron things out as well, because since the All Star break they've gone four and twelve. They're trying to right the ship. And we'll talk more about the Phillies and the struggles that they may have had, but each and every game you have to treat it differently. And we're gonna see Clayton Kershaw on the mound tonight. We'll talk about it the next segment a little bit more about Clayton Kershaw. But he's trying to get his season really underway. Even though it's gonna be his third start, I don't think he's had the start that he would like to have. It Tonight it's gonna be a whole different story.
Speaker 4: It'll be a battle of left handed pitchers. One going to the Hall of Fame one, trying to get his major league legs under them at Christopher Sanchez has had a solid season for the Phillies. Clayton Kershaw, he's getting the ball rolling in his season. Will preview that pitching matchup when we talk again, Tim, All.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you Nelly, as we coming down the first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game.
Speaker 3: Dame meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 2: What are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, David Devesay, we'll visit with Anthony Bonda, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup, an injury report, the latest on Mookie Bets up next, So your otani rewind and we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirston Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies first pitch at seven ten. Thanks for being with us on this Tuesday night. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Philly is game two of this three game set top two teams in the National League. Dodgers is the half game back of Philadelphia for that top spot in the National League. Clayton Kershaw Christopher Sanchez. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 3: Free wh real green light.
Speaker 4: Otani laces one down into the right field corner. O Tani going for two. He's on cruise control. Standing up at second with a one out double. Nola has it at the letters, kicks and fires. Otani running steps.
Speaker 3: Throw to third, not in time.
Speaker 1: Another stolen base for so Hey hold.
Speaker 4: Tani thanks ready first base side of the rubber. Old Tani high fly ball left center field.
Speaker 3: In the aar hit a Ton marsh is at the wall.
Speaker 6: He leaps.
Speaker 5: It has gone.
Speaker 4: Number thirty four for Old Tani and the Dodgers lead by two.
Speaker 3: It's five to three. Show Hey. Otani goes two for three last night, with the.
Speaker 2: Home run number thirty four on the season and two ribbies, now sixty seven extra base hits on this season. Also picked up stolen base number thirty two on the year as showy Otani's now mister thirty thirty getting closer to be mister forty. The Otani rewind brought to by eto ns Oi Aucha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks available at local diso stores Amazon at eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it, O e N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 2: Kirson now joins us from the stadium before game two of this three game set. Kirsten beforehand, though some good news. Mookie Betts's return is on the horizon.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 8: I mean we can almost get a countdown clock going. He's supposed to be returning on the road trip in Milwaukee. It's looking like day one or day two of that road trip for the twelfth or the thirteenth. But as much as David's kind of like they don't want to go into the specifics of which date is going to be, those two seem very very likely and just that road trip in that series is a definite. Yes, So what does that mean for when he returns? What position is he going to be playing, obviously, with how a well Gavin Lucks and playing at second with Miguel Rojas, how well he was playing at shortstop and offensively before going on the IL. With all the acquisitions, there have been a lot of questions as to what are things going to look like. Dave Roberts said today that when Mooky returns, he's going to be playing at shortstop and he's going to be batting second. So similar to what we saw with the lineup last night in which it was show Hey O Tani, Teoscar Hernandez, and then Freddie Freeman. Moving forward, once Mookie returns from the injury from the injured list, it's going to be show Heyo Tani batting lead off, Moogie Betts has got a bad second, and then we'll see Freddy Freeman. And so David was just saying that he likes breaking up those two lefties, and so as much as we saw the first half of the season before Mookie went on the IL, he was batting first and then show Hey and then Freddy, there was talks of breaking them up. That's what the plan is going to be upon return. But that just means there's a whole lethora of more questions as to what does that mean for everyone else? So, Tim, it's gonna be a tricky.
Speaker 2: On It's gonna be a game of musical chairs here soon once these guys all get back, and Max Munsey's on the horizon as well, we're gonna get these arms back in the bulp and there's just not enough chairs at the dance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And that's the biggest thing is how do you make this work? Obviously, when you look at the trade deadline, Tommy Edmund was acquired, You've got Ahmed Rosario, They've got Nick Ahmed, Like, there are so many players who they're playing well, they're putting.
Speaker 1: It out there.
Speaker 8: Even you look at Kei y Hernandez, he has upped his game ass of Lade, playing primarily every day at third base. Well, tomorrow we're gonna be seeing likely Miguel rohas returning from the il tonight he's with the Quakes. He's gonna be dhing in that game, so is getting some more at bats and then his return could be tomorrow. So who is he gonna come in for? What is he gonna play? Is he gonna step in as shortstop or is he gonna step in more at third because then a couple days later, I guess maybe a series later, we're gonna be seeing Mookie Betts return on the road trip. So there are a lot of questions. Does this mean that you know the younger guys in Andy pa has as well as James Outman. Is it limited opportunity for them now? Or are maybe one of these veteran guys Like it's a good problem to have, but it's a tough one as well.
Speaker 2: It definitely is. Here's to appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game. Dodgers fans and Hansherd listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to Dodger games in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vass goes one on one with Anthony Bondi. You certainly's got a lot to prove that he belongs on this Dodgers roster. Coming out of the bullpit. He's been fantastic. Up next, so we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: That's all coming up. Dodgers and Phillies, first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues as it leads up to first pitch on this Tuesday night, Dodgers and Phillies, Marongo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam.
Speaker 3: Four Good Times.
Speaker 2: Clayton Kershaw on the mound, first pitch, set first seven ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake trying it on the IL went on there last night with left hip discomfort.
Speaker 3: Chris Taylor on the iel. The left groin strain.
Speaker 2: Miguel Rojas, as Kirsten alluded to, is in Ranchol Kouka Manga tonight getting a rehab assignment as a designated hitter. He should be active in if everything checks out okay tomorrow onto the Dodgers roster. Mookie Bett's going to join the team. On the next road up coming off the iel That is great news. Yoshinobi Yamamoto. More on that coming up. He is scheduled to go out with the Dodgers and start throwing off the mound even more. Walker Vieler will make another rehab assignment start in Oklahoma City. Michael Grove, Max Munsey, Ryan Brasier all getting closer and returning. That is the good news. Le's head back out check on the Dodger Skipper.
Speaker 6: Any questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: You know, it's sort of, you know, the first one I thought was really good stuff is crisp sharp. The second one not as crisp across the board, and so I think that, you know, tonight, I think that we sort of the pitching guys work through some things on the delivery. I you know, I don't expect Clayton to be perfect every time out still just give us what he has. Uh, it's a very good lineup over there, and you know, I think tonight, you know, the slider obviously is his pitch. There's a lot of right hand hitters in there. So the depth of the slider is going to be important. And you know, using this using the curveball and then also locating the fastball. So, uh, he's gonna have to be effective as far as command. And if he does that, it's going to be a good outing and we'll see as far as how far we push him. But I expected to be good tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts talking about Clayton Kershaw getting the start tonight on the Dugout with Dave Roberts, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Learn more at servicetitan dot com. Let them help you implement that plan. All right, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David Vase gives you the very latest, so he leads you up to first pitch Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all Season law.
Speaker 3: Dodgers in Phillies.
Speaker 2: Game two of this three games set Dodgers just a half game back of the Phillies for the best record of the National League. Clayton Kershaw on the Mountain the umpiring crew for tonight's game brought to my Fred Loyer Insurance celebrating fifty years while providing reliable and afforda little car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 1: Ten, Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bass.
Speaker 3: All Right, David.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts has alluded today that when Mooki comes back, he is not going to be back in the leadoff spot.
Speaker 3: They're gonna keep show. Hey o Tani there, Uh, what do you make of this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I wasn't sure what to make out of it, but gauging Mookie's temperature after Dave Roberts announced it, my understanding is Mookie is okay with it because he wants to win a World Series and more importantly, he wants to have a parade in Los Angeles for the first time since nineteen eighty eight for the Dodgers. So that's at the forefront of his focus this season, and you know his actions has spoken louder than his He went to second base, then he went to shortstop, and there's even a chance that he may go back to right field when the postseason starts. But here he is. He gets unfortunately hit by a pitch on his left hand. He's out for six weeks, and when he comes back, he's no longer the Dodgers' leadoff hitter. But I will say this Tim, it's a lot to expect for Mooki to come back and be the leadoff hitter when he's missed six weeks. So I could see this being the Dodgers allowing him to just get the feel back to hitting, and maybe when October comes around, or maybe even a few weeks after he returns, they go back to the original starting lineup of bets Otani and Freeman. As far as shortstop goes, he heard from Muki yesterday. We had a chance to speak to him. That's where he prefers to play, and the Dodgers feel like these six weeks since he broke his left hand has given him an opportunity to refine the throwing from that position, because that was the biggest hurdle, So we'll see. The Dodgers want to see what this version of Mookie Betts is like after having basically six weeks of spring training to throw from shortstop. So let's see where it goes, and if it doesn't look good, then the Dodgers will reassess them. More than likely, Mookie Betts will play right field if Gavin Lux keeps swinging the bat the way he is.
Speaker 3: David has driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid or all electric tough this mark can only be called F one fifty. Clayton Kershaw gets to start tonight, Dave. It's been kind of a rocky start since coming back from the shoulder surgery. Looking to bounce back after that seven run performance he gave up in three and two thirds against the Padres last Wednesday.
Speaker 3: What do you expect that at him tonight?
Speaker 5: Well, I know he wasn't happy with his bullpen session in Oakland because scouts have told me since they have seen him pitch in the minor leagues that they believe that he has to come up with a change up if he's only going to throw eighty nine ninety on his fastball. He's aware of that. He has been throwing the split change up more since he's come back than we've ever seen him throw it, So he's very aware that he needs that pitch to be more effective than what we've seen in the first two starts. So that's something to look for. And I've asked him about it, Tim and he said, you know me, I'm working on it in the bullpen. But once you're out there, you've got to compete and you've got to trust the pitches that have gotten you to where you're at. So it's one thing to try to refine it in the bullpen. If he doesn't feel great with it, I find it hard to believe he's going to throw it a lot in games.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll find out tonight. Dave great Stuff will check back into you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Anthony Bonda, Dodger reliever. He's been really good since the Dodgers acquired him. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. I'm next, So you're Dodgers' Magical Moment. So lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Tuesday night, game two of this three game set.
Speaker 3: First pitch, seven ten.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers at Phillies Clayton Kershaw Christopher Sanchez to FICCI matchup. Coming up, we'll hear from Anthony Bonda first pitch tonight though coming up.
Speaker 3: At seven ten, he.
Speaker 5: Who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to September twenty ninth, nineteen fifty seven, Connie Mack Stadium, the Brooklyn Dodgers taking on the Philadelphia Phillies and what would be the final game ever for the Brooklyn Dodgerstors.
Speaker 10: Don Land and is waiting and he's got it in nineteen fifty seven, goes down the drain and with it the final game of the year, the Philly's winning it two to one. Bob Kennedy fris out the center field and that does it well. Let'll do it this end as far as the play by players concerned, and the nineteen fifty seven is in the books. Again, very many thanks to all of you. It's a great association we always take to see the end of the year, and this one closes out December twenty ninth, nineteen fifty seven. We want to certainly say hello to our Dodger network, which was really splutting its wings this year for the first time, as really to all our friends in New York and all of it in the moop. Hope we'll be talking to you in nineteen fifty eighty.
Speaker 2: That is a great Vin Scully's signing off. For the final game of the nineteen fifty seven season, Phillies beat the Dodgers two to one, seth Morehead with a complete game. Four hitter Sandy Kofax came in and pitched an inning of relief, following Roger Craig, who wins seven innings for the Dodgers in a losing effort. That was the final game ever for the Brooklyn Dodgers, as they would then move to Los Angeles. September twenty ninth, nineteen fifty seven. Dodgers final game as a Brooklyn Dodgers against the Phillies. This hafe magical moment brought to you by Hoffey Hot Talks, so Cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave Ilusious Haffey Hot Dogs. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back yod Rick Monday. We are getting closer to the first pitch on this Tuesday night Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Laurento Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 3: On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Home to nights they take on the Phillies. Clayton Kernshaw, Christopher Sanchez. The pitching matchup first pitch is coming up at seven ten, top two teams in the National League squaring off Dodgers fans.
Speaker 3: Start your future.
Speaker 2: California Community college and financial aids available. It can help you out with the tuition, books and sometimes even the rents. Time to take that next big step.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 2: Classes can fill up quickly, so enrolled today, I can go to college dot.
Speaker 1: Com and now joined by David Basse Here's La Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Rick, It's Kershaw Day, Clayton Kershaw on the mound and Freddie Freeman, after an emotional night at Dodgers Stadium, back again in the starting lineup today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you start to look at last night. I thought that, I thought the crowd reaction, the player's reaction, the teammates, a reaction with Freddie Freeman coming back, and you know, we said last night and we'll say it again, a nightmare for any parent is to have a child that is very very ill. And for Freddie Freeman to come to home Plate last night and get the standing ovation, I don't know how I held it together at home Plate. He was emotional, no question about it. So you move forward. But that does not that does not preclude the fact as we get Max in our thoughts and as Freddie was saying, it's going to be a roadback for the youngster. But one thing about is he's beginning to get his character back as well.
Speaker 6: So that's the good news.
Speaker 5: So is Freddie smiling again today, So that's always.
Speaker 7: Lucky to smile about because you know, seven or eight days ago, there weren't too many smiles unfortunately, just a wonderful medical team and put a lot of faith into people and it touches all of us.
Speaker 5: Earlier today I was in the clubhouse and as you know, there's Freddie Freeman's cookie binging. He loves to eat sugar cookies. And he took a bite out of this sugar cookie today, Rick, and it was great to see that smile again. And he said, how can you not smile when you eat a cookie?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Has he shared, by the way, has he shared any of those cookies with you?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm afraid to take any because what if I take one and he wants it?
Speaker 7: Well, understand this. Evidently, if you have one, you'll smile, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't want to take away those smiles.
Speaker 7: You should pass it around to everyone. Is it that the line you see someone in class? Did you bring enough for all of us?
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm old school like you, Rick, I'm not part of the team. Those are not my cookies. That's the player's cookies.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, there we go.
Speaker 5: See you wouldn't like me taking your cookies when we.
Speaker 7: Get them, and we'll make sure that we put a smile on your face.
Speaker 5: Hey, Rick, Freddy Freeman's not the only one smiling these days. I know Gavin Lux is not in the starting lineup today, but there has been no other player in the National League that has turned their season around like Gato Luck.
Speaker 7: And he's done a remarkable job. You know who else in that family is smiling? His uncle because that's where we go to. And you know you were able to find out the story too, is it all Star Brenk. He's talking to his uncle and his uncle said, hey, by the way, let's talk hitting a little bit. And they the uncle brought up the fact is, look, you're drifting forward. You look at a hitter. Here's what the people need to look at. When you look at a hitter from the side, it's difficult to see it from the back. We look at it from the side in their stride. How much is their head going forward. Golfers will relate to this better than anyone else because the old adage is, and I've said it many many times, I will continue to say it, staying behind the ball, especially on the drive. Staying behind the ball, don't drift on it. You'll block it out. It's the same way with hitting a baseball. The difference is in the baseball the ball's moving. In golf, sometimes you believe it's moving even though it's sitting on a tee. But you can't drift forward on the ball a lot. And that's one of the things that he and his uncle discovered. They talked about and for Gavin Luxe, kudos because he put it to use. And it's fun to see someone who was really struggling to begin with now have that confidence. We notice the confidence even before a lot of the hits started to really kind of pile upon one on the other. But the confidence is a great thing to have if you're player.
Speaker 5: It's amazing that a small adjustment can have drastic returns.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a drastic move though, too. If you're moving forward, if your head's moving forward a foot and a half or two feet, that's more than just a small adjustments. There's a couple of the guys that could also maybe call Gavin's uncle and talk to them about that. I'm not going to mention any names, but there's a couple of the guys that are kind of scuffling right now. Everyone's trying to find what works with them. There's no pat way for two players, or three players or twenty players didn't necessarily hit the same way. We're all different strengths, we're different reaction, we're different eye sights. Everything else is rather fluid. So you can't timestamp everyone and say well, you have to do it this way, you have to do it this way. What works for you individually?
Speaker 5: Hey, maybe Gavin lex will invite the team over to his uncle's house because the team is going to Milwaukee next week.
Speaker 6: Oh does he have cookies? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got brats, they got custard, and they got hitting tips.
Speaker 7: Okay, well if they have cookies, that means that Freddy will remain.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Rick, appreciate the time. Great to see you. Smile. We'll send it back you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Moe.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot Commerce. Stop at inn LA Area Speedy Cash Store. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a previous pitching matchup. Stephen Nelson will rejoin Rick Monday and get you those keys of the game right before first pitch, but up next, so we go high and tight with Anthony Bonda.
Speaker 3: Wow, he's been a pleasant surprise.
Speaker 2: But the Dodgers come out of the bullpen for leading up to Dodgers and Phillies first pitch of seven to ten on Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Dowork, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Phillies, Game two of this three game set, top two teams in the National League, Square and off. Dodgers won last night, looking to do it again tonight. Clayton Kershaw on the Mound. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best for your child, go to Children's Hospital LA rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at c h LA todd Or and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Well, it's Taco Tuesday and we all know it's a celebration at Dodger Stadium on Taco Tuesday, and it's a celebration every time we have the man Anthony Banda joining us second time on the show. I appreciate you taking the time out. I know the energy level is high, but you gotta be ready, Bunda.
Speaker 6: I'm ready. Yeah. What are we talking about right now? Talk for Tuesdays? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why are you so laid back? Man? Why are you trying to be so suave right now?
Speaker 11: I am always laid back. I don't have any I'm not a rara guy or upbeat guys. I just always been this way. My father's that way.
Speaker 5: How about that? Maybe that explains why you have a low heartbeat on the mound. You never get to you never let the game get too fast. Your heartbeat just mellow like you are right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I I think you know within that my head, my thoughts and everything, obviously they're racing, but the controlling of the thoughts and understanding what it is that I need to do to you know, proceed to the next pitch or whatever it is, and understand like the sequence that I've already pitched to. Uh, you know that those are the kind of things that I'm that that's going through my head. But I was always taught not to show too much emotion on the on the mound.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 11: I was always a kid that, you know, younger, younger days, I would have a lot of emotions just from like failing and being upset, you know, And I was always getting in trouble for that. So that was something instilled in me right away, and uh, my father kept on it, and I think it's evolved into the sense of just understanding what it is I need to do on the mound and then move on.
Speaker 5: So two lefties and that Dodger bullpen on opposite the ends of the spectrum as far as showing emotion on the mount. Alex Vessi is the complete opposite.
Speaker 11: He's a great day. He's uh, he does, he does a tremendous job. He's having a great year. I've watched him on the other side a lot. I followed him a lot, and you know it's I think it's it fits him because you know, his personality is exactly that.
Speaker 6: Off the field.
Speaker 11: He's very interactive, he's very uh you know, he's funny. Don't tell him I said that, but he is funny. He gets he gets me to laugh and stuff like that. But no, watching him throw and watching him, you know, be himself and that that was That's the biggest thing I guess you can say as far as being confident and stuff like that, is if you're allowed to be yourself, you're gonna you're gonna shine and and be that. And you know, everybody around the clubhouse loves him. Everybody knows who he is. Everybody, you know, enjoys the energy that he brings every single day.
Speaker 5: Los Ange list knows who Anthony Bonda is as well. With how well you've been pitching, Anthony, I'll ask you the question everybody else is asking, why has it come together for you right now with this team.
Speaker 6: I don't know the exact answer to that.
Speaker 11: I think it has a lot to do with, you know, the information given, you know, the pitching coaches, the staff, everybody around me allowing me to be myself.
Speaker 6: That was the first thing they told me.
Speaker 11: And then you know, obviously like understanding what my job is is throwing the ball of the plate, you know, and just having confidence and conviction with the pitch that we're throwing. And you know, just understanding that. You know, at the end of the day, we're a team. We're all pulling for each other. And that's the biggest thing as far as like for me is to be able to understand that I have, you know, eight guys behind me that will do like everything and anything that can possibly do to win the ball game. So I just I just think it all comes down to a mixture of all that, to be honest. But I think the clubhouse vibes and everything else like that, the you know, the guys introducing me to newer people, bringing me in, understanding and accepting me. I think that's that plays a big role in it too.
Speaker 5: So what does it mean when the people pictures that come here say the Dodgers allow me to be myself? Does that mean off the field or does it mean as a pitcher they allow you to pitch to who you are?
Speaker 11: Both you know, you know, if you're in this clubhouse for a reason, you have something some something special about you and they want to bring that out. They do a very good job of bringing that out. And you know, within this clubhouse there's there's no egos, there's no you know, anything else like that. Of course, the Dodgers is loaded with superstars, but they treat we treat each other just like anybody else on the Street, you know, with respect, you know, confidence and everything else like that that comes with that. But I think that's it's a it's a mixture of both. When they when they allow us to be ourselves, They allow us to be ourselves in the clubhouse, allow us to be ourselves on the field, and I think that's just where we can just relax and just go play some baseball.
Speaker 5: Love it, Anthony, thanks a lot for the time. Great to have you on the pregame show again. The only rule on the Dodgers have your bag on time. That comes from Alex Torus, the Dodgers clubhouse manager. You better have your bag on time or he'll be knocking on your hotel door.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, cool, There he.
Speaker 5: Goes Dodger left handed reliever. Everybody knows him now and Dodgers Stadium. The one and only Anthony Banda back to you in the studio, Tim, All right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, mister Bonda.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's grout Knight, it's game night. A's shakys dot Com lead you up.
Speaker 3: To first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Phillies, top two teams in the National League. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into tonight's pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: He'll go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long, Dodgers and Phillies on this Tuesday nights. Dodgers on a roll, winners of three in a row in cleaning the winner with the Phillies last night in this series, opener Tyler Glassnow, Dodgers bullpen really good last night. We'll see if Clayton Kershaw can duplicate that tonight first pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 1: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma se Year Toyota Dealer.
Speaker 3: Today, they make it easy.
Speaker 2: Christopher Sanchez on the mound for the Phillies seven and seven with a three thirty six erra twenty seven year old leftandraw the Dominican Republic in his fourth season now in the Big leagues. There was a sinker, a changeup, and a slider. Making his twenty second start this year last time out five and two, thirty eightings, six runs, eight hit, seven strikeouts on a loss to the Yankees. He has made six starts against NL West teams this season. He has five to oh the one twenty one erra this season. Sixty four of his ninety eight strikeout to come via the changeup, which is the most in the major leagues. He's limited batters to a one sixty eight average with that changeup, which ranks number one in the National League. Second time facing the Dodgers this season last month in Philadelphia, he was really good. Six innings, two runs, five hits, five strikeouts in a win. Clayton Kershaw on.
Speaker 3: The mound for the Dodgers oh and one with a five.
Speaker 2: I'm eighty seven ERA thirty six year old Hall of Fame left hander in his seventeenth season, now in the Big League's making his third start this year since coming back from offseason shoulder surgery. Last time out three and two third innings, seven runs, only three, earned six hits zero strikeouts for the first time in his career in a regular season start, he got a loss against the Padres a Petgill Park. Facing the Phillies for the seventeenth time in his career, he has four and six, including one complete game shutout and a two to seventy six ERA with one hundred and thirteen strikeouts. He last faced the Phillies in June of twenty twenty one, when six innings allowing two runs on eight hits, nine strikeouts and a loss. Clayton Kershaw Christopher Sanchez Dodgers Phillies were fifteen minutes away for first pitch. He's to the game. Our next of Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers on you Know.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers Contack on the official home of La Dodgers base Ball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers in Phillies.
Speaker 2: Clayton Kershaw Christopher Sanche is the pitching Man Show. First pitch coming up at seven ten to two top teams in the National League, squaring off Dodgers fans and Hatcher listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plans serving all angele he knows Lacare dot Org.
Speaker 3: All right, let's head.
Speaker 2: Back out to the booth. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 3: All right, TC.
Speaker 4: Clayton Kershaw Appreciation Day at Dodgers Stadium toes the rubber for a third time this season, opposite Christopher Sanchez and Moe the Dodgers and Phillies. They rank second and first respectively. The Phillies are first, the Dodgers are second and ops against left handed starters. So have fun, Kersh, have fun, Christopher Sanchez.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it should be a good time for Clayton Kershaw. One of the things I think that he needs to improve upon is that what's really weird is the last outing that he had the first time in his career did not have at least one strikeout. But he throws a high percentage of breaking stuff, in fact, the last two years second most in baseball sixty percent. And then you switch over to Sanchez, who's going to start for Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: He gets a.
Speaker 7: Ton of swings and misses at off speed pitches. In particular, it is going to be the change up. In fact, the last two years he's had change up strikeouts. Sixty three percent of his punchouts had been on the change up. As a hitter, don't expand the strength zone.
Speaker 4: Sanchez has lost three straight starts since going into the All Star Game, his last win against the Dodgers in Philly. Here in Los Angeles tonight.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys, as we get ready for first pitch. Dodgers going to tonight's game with a five game lead in the division. Now the Timebacks have been rained out in Cleveland. Meanwhile, the Padres were also five games back.
Speaker 3: They are underway in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Bob of the third eighty and no score between the Padres and the Pirates.
Speaker 3: Will keep you up to date all night long.
Speaker 2: David Vesey's got your cover with all the postgame festivities and Dodger talk as well. Dodgers Philly's two top teams in the National League square off. Clayton Kershaw takes a mound when we come back. Enjoy the game, everybody. I'm sim Kates has been wrong with Casino. Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network