Speaker 1: Right back on the Big One seven hundred WLW twelve oh seven. Dan Carroll in for the Great American. Bill Cunningham was enjoining some time off, glad to be here with you. I am glad you are here as well on this black Friday. And man, did I make a mistake driving into the station today. I came down two seven. I usually sometimes I cut up and I go through Newtown and I go through a little bit of Madeira in Indian Hill, And this time I came around two seventy five down seventy one and Sean McMahon the exit trying to get off at Kenwood where the Kenwood Mall is backed up all the way to Cross County Highway. How about that? I mean the shopping mall craze is unbelievable right now. And so I bailed out across county and was able to come down Kenwood Road to.
Speaker 2: Get here to the station.
Speaker 1: So that was I saw that traffic back on seventy one, and I was like, I might not make it on time. I got to I had a call in audible and it worked out and got in here and we are off and running on the Bill Cunningham Show till two thirty this afternoon, and then we're going to have some NFL football and that'll be great. So it's going to be a great Friday. And I hope you can stay tuned, and I like to hear from you a little bit later on five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, won eight hundred, the Big One. But we start with a great guest and uh a woman that has a lot to be proud of right now. She is the co founder of just an awesome group called Moms for Liberty, and Tina Dyskovich is my guest on this day after Thanksgiving. And Tina, thank you so much for being here. Are you one of those that you know goes out on Black Friday and wants to do all the shopping, looking for the bargains and all that.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: I think you texted and asked if I'd come on the show, and I was able to say yes, because no, I'm not one to great.
Speaker 1: I mean if I had, if I had the wager, I would not have pegged you as a person that goes out on Black Friday.
Speaker 2: So congratulations on that.
Speaker 3: I will say this year, I may or may not have gotten online though and bought some things because there's just as many deals online and you can do it from your couch and your pajamas.
Speaker 2: There you go. I like that for me.
Speaker 1: And I was looking at your social media feed earlier today, and it's pasta at your house for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: It's all the above at my house for Thanksgiving. But my family and my mom's side of the family are Italian, and my grandmother when I was little, we used to make homeade pasta the night before Thanksgiving and that was with the turkey and everything else. The next day we we'd cook it. And so my family just carry that on at least for three generations. And so my sisters and family all come over, my mom and all the kids, and everybody's in charge of hand rolling. We don't use any mixers or anything pasta.
Speaker 2: That is so awesome.
Speaker 3: It's so fun.
Speaker 1: And you got everyone around the table there and it looks like I certainly hope you had a great Thanksgiving. And again, thank you so much for taking the time to talk with me today. Is it just me or is it a real thing that I'm feeling right now that I think there really is a renewed sense of hope and optimism across the country, especially on this Thanksgiving and as we head into the holiday season.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, even those you know, we're all going to say it's because of Donald Trump, and obviously, but even those that I have friends that didn't vote for him, they left it blank. They didn't vote for Kamala, but they left it blank because they were never fans and just couldn't get there. They have a renewed sense of hope and optimism because even though they weren't necessarily they're not fans of him or his personality or things that he's done, they are fans of his policies. And so if nothing else, you can look at earlier this month, the wins that happened as policy wins and as a change in America, and America is done with the nonsense, done with the woke. And so I think most people are optimistic.
Speaker 1: I think so. And I I was looking. I don't know if you saw the video of the meltdown that Joy Reid had, one of the many meltdowns that your friend Joy Reid has had since since since election night, but she had this one talking about Thanksgiving and and and talking about how she just wants the mega people to leave her alone. I find it rich that she's talking about mega people and saying just leave us alone. And and for how many years have we wanted the federal government to just leave us alone as conservatives and and and people who think differently than than the Washington elitists. So is she she was having that meltdown, and she was saying about conservatives that you're gonna have to to make your own food, make your own sandwiches, do all these things for yourself. And I'm thinking, well, you know, how how uninformed can you be? Because that is what we have been talking about the entire time, is that that we are people who want who want to do things for ourselves and don't want to have to look to the federal government from the womb to the tomb as far as assistance goes. When you talk about education and money for this and money for that, and housing and healthcare and all the rest of it.
Speaker 3: You know, Joy is just like the rest of them. I hate to categorize people, but they live in this bubble. And I think we saw it closely when my co founder Tiffany went on the Joy Read Show, and you know, there's a moment where Joy says to Tiffany, well, what about this that you said on Steve Bannon? And you know, Tiffy and I talked about it later, and at that moment, I was watching live and she was obviously sitting there, and we both are kind of thinking, oh boy, what what is she going to pull up from Steve Bannon? You know, because you're starting to prepare how to answer, right, And what she pulled up was Tiffany saying that parents have the fundamental right to direct the upbringing of their children. And I mean it was almost perplexing, like do you disagree with this?
Speaker 4: Joy?
Speaker 3: They live in such a bubble that just ordinary things that every American thinks and believes is not something they even can understand or relate to. And so of course she's going on a rant. Of course she's upset.
Speaker 4: It's like her.
Speaker 3: Reality is set in and she still doesn't quite understand that she's not the only one. Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Well, tell me what is next for moms for liberty. Your group has accomplished so much in such a short span of time and have so many issues that you like to think are going to be addressed, and maybe things will get resolved and people will start thinking about some of these things in a different sort of way, especially, and I think the biggest issue is parental rights and the kind of things that our kids are exposed to, especially in public schools. But let's say let's say you accomplished some of these things, then what would be next for Moms for Liberty.
Speaker 3: So Moms for Liberty, you know, our mission is to defend punch rights at the levels of government, but we really work at the most local level with school boards and we have we're proud of our three hundred and twenty chapters and forty eight states, but there are three thousand counties in this country, and so we have a long way to go. There's thirteen thousands districts, and there should be a mom's really really member, a minimum of one at every one of those school board meetings, looking at the agenda, seeing what's going on. I served on a school board for four years and I can tell you every single school board agenda has something concerning on it. And there's no checks on public education local school boards. You know, the teachers unions, they've they've elected the people on the board for the most part, and then there's just no one checking to see what they're doing community trusts them because it's their local school, and you know, you want to like them, and you think it is what it was when you were a kid. So I know, we have a lot of wins. We've accomplished so much. We have, you know, hundreds of people sitting on school boards now four hundred and twenty five sitting on school boards, and are mom's really remembers, But there's thirteen thousand school boards, and so we just have a we have a long way to go. There's so much work to do. And yes, President Trump has been elected and yes he you know, sounds like they're going to dismantle the US Department of Education. But even more so than everything is returned to the state and local, we have to be involved in engaged with along way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the one thing that we've learned over the years, and the one thing that Rush Limball talked about all the time, is that the left and the liberals do not quit. There may be a time why when they fall back or they're not pressing the issues as hard as they do, but the one thing they do is they do not quit. They take the long view. So right now I think we're in a period of them regrouping, and they'll be coming back before we know it. So when you look at I think one of the things late in the campaign that helped get Donald Trump across the not across the finish line, but make his electoral win as big as it was was Mark Cuban. And when Mark Cuban came out with this idiotic notion that Donald Trump doesn't like to surround himself with strong, powerful women. I look at the list of the people that he has nominated for important positions in his cabinet, starting with Chief of Staff Susie Weiss, and then you've got Caroline Levitt, who was an amazing young person who's going to be great, I think, is White House Press secretary. And you go down the list, You've got Taulci Gabbard on there, You've got Christy nome on there, always Staphonic, and the list goes on and on. I know you're not one hundred percent on board with each and every pick that Trump has made, but give me an overall great as far as the number of women and the kind of women that Trump is going to surround himself with. As he gets ready to take a step in again to the Oval Office, yeah, he is not.
Speaker 3: He's not picking what is the wallflowers or wilted will, whatever the name is, for women that will just shy away and do what they're told to do. That is not the kind of women that are around Donald Trump. He appreciates strong women. He appreciates strong personalities. I don't know why people on the lap Mark Cuban and others, I just don't even know where they get their information from. If you look at the appointments you just listed the names, those are all strong women, very successful in their own right. Catherine Lovett, like you said, I mean she gave birth well on the campaign trial. I think she took a couple of weeks and now brings her baby with her and she is still all in, yeah, managing to do it all. Susie Wilds is a force to be reckoned with here in Florida for a long time. And you know, don't leave out the Department of Education had the new one that's been appointed, Linda McMahon. She is a powerful woman.
Speaker 1: No, I was going to say, I was going to say, I would think Linda McMahon would be a favorite one of yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we love Linda McMahon and so we can't wait to see how she starts dismantling that US Department of Education, because you know, education was never meant to be at the federal government level, and I know people get concerned about their local schools and how that's going to impact it's going to benefit their local schools. The federal government only contributes about ten percent of revenue to schools, and so states can make that up. The federal government can also do some block grants through different departments. Like this can be done, and it needs to be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Have you been following very much the story of San Jose State University and the women's volleyball team there and what's going on with that and the Mountain West Conference and all that controversy. You've been following that at all as it relates to women and Title mind and everything else.
Speaker 3: Well, Title Mine for us is I don't know how closely you follow everything that we do, but you know we sue the Biden administration along with four states over Title nine the Title nine rewrite. What a disaster that is, and so this is a hotbed issue for US. We have grown our membership in chapters extensively this year over this issue. For the election, you know, we had to get out the vote effort and our last commercial that we ran through some of the swing states was of a young girl training with her dad and then after her race, she walks over to her dad and she just said, that wasn't fair. I had a race against a boy. And we said, dads, get out there. You know important you show up, but it's important you show up to vote for your daughters. And it was a hit across the board. I know that some people even say that President Trump won on this single issue. You know, the border was important, economy was important, but this issue was also a huge issue parents in general, people in America do not want to see men competing against women. And these women's sports teams that are starting to forfeit their games, championship games over this issue, they deserve a medal just for that. They're giving up their dreams that they've worked hours and hours on, end their whole life for to take a stand where it's important to protect future generations. And we owe them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Boise State was in the semi final match of the Mountain West Conference championship game with San Jose State and they forfeited their regular season games and then to take the next step and forfeit a championship game. I've seen a lot of criticism of these women for deciding to go down that road, but I look at this and I say, they are being courageous. They are standing up for themselves, and they're also standing up for the women who will come after them and trying to pave the road. And you know, wheeld the machete and make the path a little bit easier for the women who will come after them. And then I thought this, I thought, what a remarkable act of selfishness on the point of this transgender player on San Jose State. To see all of this swirling around. You know that there's already been one coach who's fired because she dared to speak out talking about The girls on the team were very uncomfortable with this. It wasn't good for them. But yet this individual is putting his or her own individual wants and desires and needs over the benefit of the team. And anyone that has played sports before knows that a team is that there's no I in team. It is supposed to be about teamwork, and this person is is really putting their own individual you know, whatever they want, the goals they want to reach, or anything else, putting that above the importance of the team. When the women on the other side, the ones who who have a forfeit of these games, seem to me like they're doing the exact opposite.
Speaker 3: You know, I blame the people around the transgender student that are continuing to affirm and support because clearly the student has struggles gender dysphorio or the like. You know, I'm not a doctor, but thinks they're a different gender. And there's enough people around the transgender students that keep telling him that she's a her and it's okay. They're the ones that are at fault. They're the ones that need to be held accountable because there's something wrong here and they are they're not helping fix the problem. You know, I we we have I think about these great girls that are doing what they're doing now by standing up and they're protecting all the younger girls. So we have a If you've heard about Peyton McNabb there in North Carolina, that's one of our moms' daughter. She got knocked unconscious by a man pretending to be a woman on the other high school team volleyball sports.
Speaker 2: I did read about that, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean she's his lifelong now paralyzation on part of her body because of what happened, and so so many young girls, you know, besides the point that you're in changing with a with a male like, they're physically getting hurt and damaged for life and ruining their opportunities for scholarships in their future. It couldn't be more wrong. And so everyone that's surrounding this young person telling him that she that he is a her needs to be held accountable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I see and I see it.
Speaker 1: Even when the Leah Thomas thing was happening in swimming, I saw it as a lack of leadership on behalf of the IVY league. I saw it as a lack of leadership on behalf of the NCAAA, the NCAA. And think about the good that the NCAA would have done at that point in time if they would have stepped up and said, you know, we were going to have a clear cut policy on this. We can't allow this to happen. And now this is festering in such a way that we have this situation with San Jose State and you know that there is going to be more to come on this front, and you've got different judges who see it different ways, making different rulings. It's going to turn into an absolute mess when it really didn't have to.
Speaker 3: Failed leadership. Yeah, that's whenever we suffer in this country, it's because of failed leadership. And it looks like the tide has turned, it's working its way out. But how many people have to be heart how many people have to be harmed, how many growth have to these scholarships or opportunities. But you know, they're standing in the right spot now, they're standing out their history and I'm proud of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're getting help from Riley Gaines along the way. And she has been an absolute amazing leader on this and turned her experience with this issue into do you talk about a force to be reckoned with? And I really think she is. But Tina Daskovic Moms for Liberty, I'll tell you what. Yeah, you guys continue to do you guys, you women, you and your group continue to do great work. And I am a huge fan and I follow along from here in Cincinnati what you do and I love having you on the show. And Tina Justice or not Tina Justice, but then the other justice in but Tiffany Justice. Now you're you're Tina, she's Devin. But I appreciate the time that you guys give me on the show, and it really it means a lot to me. And just congratulations on everything you've accomplished so far.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad to.
Speaker 1: Hear you've got a lot more work to do because I'm going to keep following along and hopefully have you on the show again sometimes.
Speaker 2: Can I say one more thing, please.
Speaker 3: Do oh Ohio twenty twenty five school board elections. So if you are thinking about running for school board considering it, reach out to us. Let us know, let's get you plug into some local chapters. Then let's start getting behind you now so that we can take back school boards across the whole state of Ohio. Mixed ball.
Speaker 1: That is great advice. And with that, Tina Discovihich, thanks again. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving and we'll look forward to talking to again to you again next time.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go, Tino Discovic.
Speaker 1: Moms for Liberty and one of my absolute favorite organizations out there. Twelve twenty five we got to get to a break. My buddy Dave Hatter is going to join us here after the top of the hour. If I've got my if I've got my lineup correct, let me see we've got that was Tina Discovich. Have we've got Dave Hatter or no, that'll be at one o five. So we've got a little time between now and one oh five if you want to get on board five one, three, seven, four, nine, eight hunder the Big One. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham on this day after Thanksgiving, seven hundred WLW Back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW Dan Carroll till two thirty this afternoon the NFL football come in your way.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great, great Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump put out his Thanksgiving message that reads this Happy Thanksgiving to all, including to the radical left lunatics who've worked so hard to destroy our country, but who have miserably failed and will always fail because their ideas and policies are so hopelessly bad. That the great American people of our nation just gave a landslide victory to those who want to make America great again. And that was the post that he put out on X and True Social and so I was reading that, and I was thinking about the original true story of the First Thanksgiving. And this is something that I was a loyal listener to Rush Limbaugh when Rush was alive, and every Thanksgiving, you know, in proximity to that, usually the day before Thanksgiving, he would tell the story of the First Thanksgiving. He wrote it in his book. I believe it was in his first book, The Way Things Ought to Be. And I actually before on this radio station and down the hall, have actually brought the book in and read what Rush Limball wrote about the initial Thanksgiving. And I was thinking about this, and I for some reason I misplaced that book and couldn't find it. And it just turns out on American thinker Paul Dolling wrote a piece about the First Thanksgiving, and it's pretty much in line with exactly what Rush Limball wrote about. And he talks about the Plymouth Colony began as a collective commune, the idea being that everyone should participate according to the best of one's ability, but that everybody should receive an equal reward. So this meant working harder would not bring higher compensation and working less would incur no penalty. The food shortage created by this scarcity causing communalism was severe enough to cause people to starve to death, especially given the fact that an epidemic was also raging during the colonists first winter. Of the one hundred pilgrims who had come on the Mayflower, only about half that number survived to attend the First Thanksgiving twenty two men, four married women, twenty seven children. Thus, a large part of the First Thanksgiving was simply gratitude for having survived. It would be the leadership of William Bradford whose common sense and inspirational guidance would deliver the pilgrims from the ills of socialism to a healthy culture of economic freedom based upon individual property rights. Governor Bradford planted the seats of freedom and justice for all that would bear fruit not only in his lifetime, but into the future as well. During the First Thanksgiving, gratitudes towards God, our gratitude towards Governor Bradford would have been running high for his leadership, But there would be trouble in Paradise in the not too distant future, as the initial excitement of working communally would soon wear off. The reason for this was that the Plymouth colony bore many resemblances to a socialist society. Everything was owned by every colonist jointly. No one was allowed to own private land. In other words, the industrious were forced to subsidize the slackers. In sixteen twenty one and sixteen twenty two, the problem is eventually created for the Pilgrims had long ago been described by Aristotle, who had defended the institution of private property, arguing that it encourages responsible stewardship and provides incentives for individuals to work hard and contribute to society. And indeed, greater abundance did result once the Pilgrims abandoned socialism and privatized the Plymouth economy. Not long after Bradford had distributed private property each family, he noticed a dramatic difference in the colonist's behavior, and he wrote in one of his journals, it made all hands very industrious, as so as much more corn was planted than otherwise would have been by any means the governor or any other could use, and saved him a great deal of trouble and gave far better content. The women now went willingly into the field and took their little ones with them to set corn, which before would have alleged weakness and inability, whom to have compelled would have been thought great tyranny and oppression. So you understand what he's saying there, right. Once these people had a stake in the outcome, well, they went to work. The women who before would have said, you know what, but I really don't have the ability to go into the field, or those who really didn't want to work so much. Now that they knew that there was something of benefit to them, they willingly went into the field to work, whereas before they could have said, you know what, I'm too weak, I'm too old, you know, I'm not physically able. They were going to get the same amount of food that everyone else got, whether they worked or not. In order to justify property rights biblically, the Pilgrims turned to the teachings of Reverend John Cotton, who invoked the Genesis story of Abraham. When Abraham had been stopped from using a well that he had dug, he appealed to the Philistine king, claiming that he had the right to draw water because he was the person who had sunk the well. Abraham also made a specific claim of individual ownership based on his own industry and culture in digging the well. This meant there was biblical proof of the individual right to own land and property that depended on one's effort and not upon the grant of some arbitrary privilege. The new private economy became self regulating, since those who were the heads of the land owning families became motivated to urge an industrious work ethic. Contrary to communalism, the fruits of private labor benefited the laborers directly, so the incentive to work and work harder came about naturally without the need of external coercion or control. According to Tom Bethel of the Hoover Institute, this division of property established a proportion or ratio between act and consequences. Human action is deprived of rationality without it, and will work and work will decline sharply.
Speaker 2: As a result, the.
Speaker 1: Economic conditions improved, and during the month of July and August of sixteen twenty three, the sailing ships Annie and Little James arrived at Plymouth with one hundred new colonists. In September that same year, Edward Winslow left aboard the Annie to sell timber infers and report to the colonies investors. Back in England, it was a grateful community of Pilgrims in full recognition and full recognition of the blessings being reaped because of the new economic system, who held their second Thanksgiving celebration in sixteen twenty three to mark the end of a long drought that had threatened the year's harvest and prompted Governor Bradford to call for a religious fast, For it was not only the cessation of physical drought conditions that helped the Pilgrims prosper, but the cessation of the spiritual drought brought by the rank unfairness of their former collectivist system, as well a socialist philosophy that could always be counted on to dry up human productivity. Such days of religious fasting and Thanksgiving feasting would continue into the future on an annual occasion basis. Other than New England, other colonies would soon follow suit. Governor Bradford's legacy of freedom and abundance would endure for hundreds of years, and its continuance would be assured upon the election of Donald Trump on November fifth, twenty twenty four. A non consecutive second term as President of the United States. Trump has promised in his State of the Union address in twenty nineteen, America will never be a socialist country, and this would be the theme of the twenty twenty four presidential campaign. His reelection meant there would be no return to the deadly collectivist philosophy of the early days at Plymouth. God blessed the freedom loving legacy of William Bradford, and to those who honor and support it, Happy Thanksgiving. So that was the piece that was written an American thinker by Paul Dowling. And so you understand what happened in Plymouth during those early years. They had socialism everyone. And look on the face of it, it sounds like a great idea, doesn't it. Everyone, everyone in the community owns the means to production. Right in this case, it's the farming fields. It's going out hunting and trapping and doing all those things. And whether you work or not, you get the same as everybody else. And you see how that destroys incentive. You see how humans deal with that. You've got some people who are going to go out and work very, very hard, and because as we all know, it's hard work, hard work, making something out of nothing. And that's what the giving thanks is all about, to about enjoying the fruits of your labor. Oh, but it's not the same for everyone. Well, think about what we've been listening to and been told by the left for so long in this country, and all this nonsense about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Speaker 2: Well, people don't all have the same.
Speaker 1: We want the same for everyone when it comes to education, when it comes to I've never understood this notion about the distribution of wealth, as if there's some person or some committee that decides X number of dollars are going to go to this city, and X numbers of dollars is going to go to this neighborhood, an X number of dollars is going to go to this county or this region, the distribution of wealth. Look, I know there's unfairness in the world. I know the bad things happen to good people and all the rest of it. But by and large, you are a product. Pretty much you reap what you sell, by and large, and that's what That's the lesson that the Pilgrims had to learn on that first Thanksgiving or the subsequent Thanksgivings after the first one, the communal process was not working. There was people starved to death because there just wasn't enough to go around. But when you put that incentive in there that you grow out and you grow your own corn, and then you can do what you can sell the corn that you don't need, you can sell the surplus. And who benefits from that?
Speaker 2: Will you do?
Speaker 1: And your family does? And that's the incentive right there. So that's good stuff. I mean that that's the kind of thing that Rush Limball used to talk about every Thanksgiving, and uh, I was very happy to to listen to that every year and then sort of do the same thing when it's my turn to be on around Thanksgiving. Five, three, seven, the big one. Those of the numbers to call if you want to jump on board. The Federal List has put out a great list of things to be grateful for after the historic win. And it was Graham Hilliard who put the list together. And let's see, here's the list right here. Coalition a married, working class, religious, suburban, ex urban and rural voters stood up for the America they remember, which isn't quite lost. So we should be grateful for that and It's amazing now that we are at post election seeing all the breakdowns of all the areas where Trump got more votes, more support from different groups of people that may not have supported him in the numbers they did in the past. And it really is a great political story. And of this, I am sure books are going to be written and we will have that piece of history to rely on as we move forward. Black and brown citizens flocked the Trump, there by putting to bed the idiotic smear that Mega is a white movement. Americans rejected the near decade of lawfare, fake dossier saw soft coups, and conspiracy theories. Democrats have been punished for ignoring their voters, deep sixing their duly chosen nominee Joe Biden, and installing in his place a world historically stupid diversity higher and I think that has been laid bare by this video that Kamala Harris put out earlier this week, where she's trying to maintain her political liability, telling her advisors, look, you got to keep me around for the next election cycle. And then one of the most horrific things I've seen is about Hillary Clinton. And apparently Hillary Clinton is showing some signs that she may try and run again. You can't make this up. Let's see, let's see if I can find this here. Could Vice President elect JD Vance have crooked Hillary Clinton as his Democrat opponent in twenty twenty eight, assuming he launches his presidential campaign in a few years. A press release has gone viral that's raising eyebrows online. Clinton sparked presidential campaign speculation with an announcement that she and Bill would speak at the Clinton Presidential Center to markets twentieth anniversary. The event will include remarks for her and Bill regarding either years of drifting off the public policy and from a philanthropic standpoint. So that's another question. Would you pay money to go see a speech from Bill and Hillary Clinton? I guess there's people that still would who think that that is some sort of a great thing. But here we are, just days after the twenty twenty four election, and the rumors about Hillary possibly running again in twenty twenty eight are already starting to circulate out there. Let's hope that's wait. Let's hope that's not the case. Although it would be, it would be a spectacle, it would be something to watch, much like this last election cycle, was fun to watch, but yeah, I'm not going to worry about that right now. Let's see a little bit of what the Trump administration is going to look like before we start thinking about twenty twenty eight. At least I'm going to do that and maybe the rest of you can do that as well. Twelve fifty five, we got to get to a break news coming up top of the hour. Then Dave Hatter will join us and we'll have a little conversation with Dave about different things as we roll on till two thirty this afternoon. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW, Mike Ty on the Big One, seven hundred WLW one oh seven, Dan Carolyn for Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 2: And one of the things I am thankful.
Speaker 1: That I am thankful for, not just around Thanksgiving time, not just around holiday time, but really all year long, is that I've known this guy for a long time and whenever I call him and ask him to be on the show, he never hesitates and says, when do you need me? And here he is again today, the one and only Dave Hatter. Dave Hatter, how are you doing today? Happy Thanksgiving? I hope you and the family had a.
Speaker 4: Great one, Happy Thanksgiving and your family, Daniel, we did. And you know what I'm doing now, I'm watching In Like Flint.
Speaker 2: In Like Flint, I do remember that movie classic.
Speaker 4: Clearly they stole most of the autome powers something. It's a class.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, there's really nothing new in Hollywood anymore. It's all it's all you know, half baked and remade and and all the rest of it. And they steal ideas. I've seen so many movies where you know, it's different actors, different title, different movie, but yet the plot is the exact same of a movie that I've seen before. It seems like it's impossible for them to come up with something new.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're right, And I mean yeah, even the phone sound. Go back and watch In Like Flint and then want to toss the powers to phone sound. So the Austin soon like when he gets the phone calls, yeah, directly from this movie.
Speaker 1: How about that? Let me ask you a question, is it just me or does it seem like we're in a little bit of a lull right now when it comes to high tech innovations. It just seems like recently I haven't seen anything that it's new, anything that's kind of whiz bang, like, g golly, look at this, you know, a high tech something that's blowing your doors off.
Speaker 2: And maybe I missed it, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Are we in a little bit of a lull right now when it comes to, you know, whatever the next big thing in high tech is, well, you know, we're.
Speaker 4: Coming off the hype of the AI thing. There. For a while, you couldn't you couldn't have a conversation about anything that didn't involve AII. And now a lot of the folks that are working in the industry, I think they're starting to say that, yeah, you know, the large language model is the power. The generative AI products like chat, GPT and Microsoft Copile or excess CROC are not sentient beings. They're not going to get us to general AI, you know, AI that is equally capable or more capable than a human being at any given task. Because most of the stuff that's out there now it's purpose built, it's designed to do a specific type of thing. And while you could do some very interesting things with some of these generative AI tools, uh, you know, a lot of folks are predicting they've kind of kind of hit the peak now, and it seems like the bloom is off the roads there. Uh, quantity, you know, if you're in the business, there's a lot of talk about quantity peating. But yeah, I'm with you right now, it seems like we're kind of hit. We've kind of hit a place where a lot of the hype around AI has worn off. A lot of people are being that while I have some potential, uh, it's it's probably not going to you know, in the next couple of years. Put everyone on street terminators aren't going to drop out of the sky or anything like some of the more hyperbolic predictions that we heard as recently as you know, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe a plateau more than a law and where you know, where things are not accelerating so fast, and maybe that gives the rest of us a chance to catch up. And I'm glad you brought up AI because I got a couple of things I want to I want to bring up to you. One and one is the one where you have the AI Grandma's talking to the other the other chat pots to tie up there to tie I think that is pure genius. But let me but before we get to that one. Let me I came across this today on my on my social media feed, and this individual writes out talking to chat GPT forty, okay, chat GPT forty and she says, hey, chat GPT, look under there. And the response from the chat GPT is underwear and she says, l O L made you say underwear. Then the the AI comes back with haha, well played, say home and she and she responds home AI responds with geographic coordinates of her home. Now that is to me a little creepy, a little unsettling, a little bit disconcerting, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get it. And you may have seen another headline recently that a high scorer was working with Google's Jim and I AI and basically said something like, you know, you're a worthless scum and you should die or something to that effect. I'm paraphrasing, but you know it came back with something that was less and less than cool for sure. And while in theory, you know, these products all have these guardrails built in. You know, there's a whole sort of cottage industry that's popped up around something that is jail breaking. The idea that you can make these products do things and tell you things that they're specifically designed not to do, like you know, how to make a bomb or something like that. Right, So yeah, again it just goes to show you. While I think there's plenty of upsides and these tools do have a place where they can make you a lot more productive once you understand how to use them, how to write the right prompts, and understand what they're good at and what they're not going at. Again, a lot of you see, they still have a lot of problems that The big reason why I think the bloomsolved to a certain extent is despite advances in the technology, it feels like they've hit a plat exponential weeks and capabilities. And also they still have there's still have this problem with hallucination when you can't trust what it tells you is accurate. And you know, if you use these things enough times, you'll eventually get an answer where it just literally makes something up and will then confidently try to tell you what it's telling you is true even though it's demonstrably false. So that's to me, that's the real big problem is I don't ever try to use something like cat GPT or Rock. I personally prefer Rock, which is X's AI. It's it's generally it tends to be much more humorous. It's when you can't trust it to give you an answer and you have to go do your own research, Well, what good is it? Because you know, while it can write a lot of pros very quickly, and that's one of the ways I think it's handy, it's their lack of trust. And what I was starting to say before Dan is I would never ever, this has been the advice I've been giving people for a long time. I would never use one of these tools to do research on something I don't know anything about, because if I don't know anything about it, I can't. I can't trust the result. Right. If I know at least something about it, I can kind of gauge, well, does this team right? Is this accurate? Can I trust this? Can I use this? Versus if it's topic I don't know anything about unless I go do a whole lot of research. Anyway, I can't trust the results. And that's why I think so many folks have started to lose interest and lose faith in these things at this point because of the hallucination problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when I see something like this where you've got chat GPT responds with the with the geographic coordinates of your home, that to me reveals a little bit of a mean streak. It reveals something that seems threatening. It reveals something, And I thought that the whole the people who brought us all this artificial intelligence assured us that the GP GPI. But these AI programs, they see humans as not a threat. They see human you know, they are here to help us get from point A to point B, whatever those points may be. So it is this revealing of something undesirable that we as human beings need to watch out for with as far as using this stuff is.
Speaker 4: Concerned, well, I think you know, again, I don't believe. Now, I don't know what's in a lab somewhere, damn you know. I only know what's available to the public out there. But I don't believe these large language models are anything close to artificial general intelligence, which is sort of a catchall term again for this idea that you're eventually going to get to a place where the machines are equally as good as or better than human beings at any task. Pick any task, and it could do it as good or better than me or you. You know, there are people working on that. There's a lot of speculation about that. There's a lot of Wilman people in the business out there predicting when that would come. And then then you get into the idea of super intelligence, the idea that once you reach general intelligence, the machines themselves would be able to improve themselves at a rate that would be far beyond anything in the beings to do, and you'd eventually get to a place where you'd hit super intelligence. They're more you know that the AI is more capable than all human beings put together. There's a really interesting book about that called super Intelligence, written by a guy named Nick Bosser. If people are interested in this topic, I encourage that you check it out. He doesn't make any particular predictions. He just lays out a bunch of different ways this could play out. Some of them are pretty terrifying, especially if you get back to your point Dan, then you know, if these products, for lack of a better description, aren't designed with the ultimate goal, kind of going back to Asimov's three rules of robotics, right that you know you can't do harm to human beings. If that's not built into it, and you get to a place where you do reach super intelligence, well and all bets are off, you don't really know what's going to happen. Now. Again, I'm not trying to scare people, and I don't think we're close to that personally. But I also don't know what the NSA has in some lab somewhere or what you know, the Chinese Communist Party has in some lab somewhere. But I do think what we're currently experiencing is nowhere close to that potential. But you do get some glimpses into the potential downside of these things.
Speaker 1: You know, when I see stuff like this, I think, oh, man, I you know, I robot is right around the corner and right the you know the Will Smith movie where the robots go crazy and yeah, they want to wipe out the movie.
Speaker 4: Have you seen Musk just posted on Twitter the other day his optimist robot catching a ball. It's pretty wild robot.
Speaker 2: I did not see that one.
Speaker 4: A lot of the robotic stuff you see, you know, it's not that impressive. You know, we've had robots in the industrial setting for a long time. Right, But and again I also think you've got to take some of this stuff with a grain of salt, because we eventually, in many cases find out the stuff that's shown on video clips isn't real or it's been enhanced somehow. But it just shows an optimus robots standing there and someone throwing a tennis ball to it and it catches it. I'm saying, Okay, you know that if that's real, and I don't have any reason to believe that it's not, But if that's real, that's a pretty impressive uh amount of progress there at what it would take, yeah, for a machine to be able to watch something flying through the air on a given trajectory and give it to reach out and grab it and hold on to it. I mean, that's it's pretty wild. So and you know, right now you've got robotic, you've got AI. Eventually, of course they will blend right not that that isn't happening already. And that's where some of this, to me gets more scary, because right now the AI itself generally doesn't have any sort of agency in the real world. It can't do anything. Yet I could send you a message that says humans are scumb and you should be wiped out or whatever. But it can't actually do that right when you couple it with some sort of Android type device that now has arms and legs and physical agency, drones, whatever you want to whatever you want to consider, you know how you would give it some sort of physical agency in the world. That's where it gets a lot more scarier. Like if you samn't seen the robotic flamethrower dog, that's a little scary. I wouldn't really want to have to tangle with an AI powered robotic.
Speaker 1: I was hoping you give me one of the I was hoping you give me one of those for Christmas. You know, we we I'd like to have one of those around the house. Let me let me ask you this. I just saw a a piece about all the high tech gifts that are out there. If Dave hat Her is shopping for someone that you really really like, maybe maybe a family member, a loved one, or a good friend, and you're looking at a high tech, high tech gift to get that friend, what would Dave Hanner be looking at? And then conversely, if someone is shopping for Dave hat Her, what kind of high tech thing would you be interested in finding under the tree on Christmas?
Speaker 4: Morning. Well, Dan, that's a really good question because you know, except for possibly my worst enemies, I'm not buying anyone any of these high tech gifts because they're mostly privacy and security dumpster fire and you know, the worst sort of garbage that's being shipped to you from China that's basically surveillance devices, you know. So yeah, I don't I don't want.
Speaker 1: That's never going that's never going to go away. I mean, that's going to be with us for the rest of our lives, is it not?
Speaker 4: I think over time. But this is my hope anyway, man, I hope that you know, thanks to having conversations with folks like you on the radio, that over time people will realize that this crazy surveillance capitalism model we live in where things are free quote unquote or are very cheap because they can monetize your data. People will get lies to this and realize that it would be better off to just pay for something, to pay the full value for something and not be spied on continuously. And then this all this cheap garbage because you know, I'll give your listeners something to do over the weekend. There's those zellains, the people that make the Firefox web browser have a website called Privacy Not Included. It is spelled just like it sounds, Privacy not Included, and you can kind of think of it as a consumer reports the primary gear tools, the Internet of Things or so called smart devices. They did it really fascinating and I think terrifying exposing on modern cars and how much surveillance you're on or with any modern car from any any vendor. But they take a look at things like, you know, web cameras or smart appliances. You know, why do you need to have a coffee maker that can send you a text? You can smell the coffee when it's done, You know what I mean? Do you really do you really need that thing connected to the Internet and sending all your data to China or doing who knows what? Answer is? Yeah, yeah, absolutely not. But if you look at Privacy Not Included, they'll do a deep dive into a lot of this stuff. So it's a great place to go if you do have concerns about this, and frankly, you should to get some insight into you know, which devices, which manufacturers, which software vendors tend to be more privacy friendly because once you embed software and something and once you connect it to a network, well it can track you. Doesn't mean that it is, but it certainly can. And that's what they're trying to point out and give you some guidance to find the things that are going to be in security friendly. But it's a device that to say, I don't think that this is going to come as a surprise. You vand that anything that you get that comes from China, Right, any sort of cheap internet connected device that comes from China, it's going to be a privacy and security dumpster fire because the center's all long. They care about market share, they care about speed to market, they care about ease of use. Right. If you make these things too difficult to use because you try to make them more secure, then people won't use them. So I'm hoping that people will eventually get wise to the fact that while I get there's a cool factor to have, Like I almost bought the Phillips Hugh lights so you can change the lights and all that stuff. I think that's cool, but you know, I'm not going to plug that stuff into my network where I work and potentially create all comic privacy and security holes. So I'm hoping that people will get wise to this and that the incentives will change and the people that build this stuff will focus on privacy and security. But I think you know, the market is so immature. This stuff is all still really new, and there is a sort of a wow factor to a lot of it. I get it, but there's so many downsides. Like, for example, a recent study was done the show that smart TV manufacturers, none of the big ones put out any software updates for your TV after two years, So if you're a two year old or two plus year old smart TV, they're not making any software updates for it. And what that means if you talk to anyone that knows anything about security is eventually there will be some sort of bug or vulnerability discovered in that that then makes that a liability for you. But again, people, the average person doesn't really understand this stuff. They don't know how to secure these things. They don't understand the risk, and I get why it's cool, and frankly, it's getting harder and harder to buy something that's not smart.
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to ask you about TV specifically, Can I buy a TV, any brand, any make, any model anywhere that isn't watching me?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You buy TV, you want to watch TV, but in turn, the TV is watching you. Is there a TV that exists today that doesn't watch you in turn?
Speaker 4: Sadly, that's right, most modern smart TVs are. I mean, whether they're watching you through the camera and microphone that most of them have, or they're just capturing the data about what you're watching, you are definitely being surveiled. There's been lots of studies on this, and as far as I know, Dan know, I'm not aware. I could be wrong on this, and it's not something I've researched, but I am unaware of any TV manufacturer in the mainstream that makes a what I would call dumb TV that doesn't connect to the internet. Now, I will say, you know, you can buy a smart TV and then just not connected to the internet, right, as long as you don't configure it to get on your Wi Fi or plug a cable into it, then it can't surveil you. But then of course it loses a lot of the functionality and the cool. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, I mean, all I know is that all this high tech stuff is supposed to make our lives easier, more convenient and all the rest of it. But my wife and I tried to watch Yellowstone last week and we weren't and we weren't able to do it. You know, we used to go to this channel, what the paramount channel? Turn it on and look, you'll stones right there. Now you've got to jump through all these hoops. You got to sign up for this service and that service, and pay all this money and give me your credit card number and all the rest of it. I mean, watching TV and watching the show you want to watch on TV seems like it's more complicated than it's ever been in my lifetime. And I don't know if that's really advancement or not.
Speaker 4: I agree with you wholeheartedly, Dan. You know, there have been so many times were off the thirty minutes just trying to find something to watch. One in the old days when I only had like my three UHF and my one VH chef champ, I make it say that backwards big enough. I went over and I turned to diout of TAM nineteen and I watched Willie Walker or whatever. That's what I got. Now. I spent forty five minutes right just trying to find something I'm with you or that I'm this subscription lapsed, right, I don't know the passwords.
Speaker 2: For that that. I hate that. I hate that now, man, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Interestingly enough, interesting enough, I know almost out of time. Today is the fifty second anniversary of the Atari Pong video game, Paul, remember.
Speaker 1: Point, I remember playing. I remember playing Pong too, and I remember being as a little kid. I was amazed by that little white dot that would go across go across the screen.
Speaker 2: You had to hit it with the paddle, and that was absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll tell you what I longed for those days when things when you had simple things like Pong and you could understand it. Dave Hatter, always great having you on, my friend. We as usual we are barely scratching the surface of this stuff, but it's always great having you on.
Speaker 2: If people want to find out more about you, where do they do that?
Speaker 4: In trust it dot com or just find me on extra LinkedIn. I'm always trying to share this kind of stuff out there and hopefully help people prevent and protect themselves from all the crazy stuff that's going on.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Dave Hatter, I absolutely love it, and again, thanks for the time. Buddy, and we'll talk again before too long. Always my pleasure, Dan, Thanks all right, there you go, the one and only Dave Hatter one twenty seven late for a break, seven hundred WLW back on the Big One, seven hundred w LW one and Carolyn for Bill Cunningham. Today and on this day after Thanksgiving. We've been talking about a lot of things that we should be grateful for, and I think one of the things we should be grateful for is that our United States military will get down to serious business once again. Here to talk about that and more is John Mills. He has retired colonel and he is a national security professional. He's written a couple of different books. And John Mills, Colonel Mills, it is great to have you on the show once again, sir.
Speaker 4: How are you, hey, Dan, Thank you and honor to be on the show again.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Had a great Thanksgiving as a wonderful restaurant on Skyline Drive in Virginia, and we've done that like three years in a row, just on the National Perk Service. They have a wonderful restaurant there on the Skyline Drive, a great, great.
Speaker 2: Meal and a great deal outstanding. That is outstanding.
Speaker 1: Wrote on your substack about these drones that have been flying over US military bases in the UK.
Speaker 2: Give me an update on that.
Speaker 1: And you know, I look at this story and it seems that there's a lot of places where these it is just kind of a you know, maybe something that's not very important, something that is not that big of a deal. But I look at this as a former military guy myself, and I think this is this is a serious issue that that that we have such a lack of leadership right now that these things are allowed to happen, and you combine it with the Chinese balloon, not one, but multiple it turns out that have flown over the United States uncontested. I mean this, this lack of leadership, I thank god is coming to an end in the in the very near future and the US military can get back to the serious business once again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: So, Dan, Yeah, this is very concerning now in the UK story of the three Royal Air Force bases, where we have the bulk of our US Air Force europe power nowadays. They actually flew over the fence line and over the bases, which means they were fine over the aircraft on the tarmac. Now Lake and Heath have some hardened aircraft shelters that hopefully some of the aircraft that were on the on the ground distributed into the Milden Hall. We have a lot of larger airframe aircraft that we don't have. We don't have armored shelters for them to be in. They are extremely vulnerable, so for them to cross the fence line is huge. Now that's you know, from what I understand so far with Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey and then what happened in the.
Speaker 4: Virginia Beach area. They did not cross the fence line of any God or US government facility. I don't believe so, or at least if not been publicly acknowledged.
Speaker 5: So this is sophisticated. These are not UFOs, These are not hobby shoppers. I would say, I'd have to point to China or a proxy working for China. They are testing us the pensul Act of War and we have service members, civilians, contractors who are at risk and the combat platforms. It could be wiped out in seconds if these copters were armed, Broach dropped ordinance on top of them. This is this is insanity. So this is a failure of so many ways, the failure of the Inner Agency now in the UK were kind of dependent upon the UK to provide that products the agreement and the Status Forces agreement. And I noticed it's interesting they crossed the fence line in the UK. It did not appear to or at least it's not been not public report they crossed the fence line in the two known incidents in America. But if you also study the Baltic Sea, which is close by.
Speaker 4: As you go to the.
Speaker 5: Danish passage to go into the Baltic, ships passed close by to these airfields, and the Baltic has become a Chinese lake because of an overstretched, under resourced, woke US Navy. I think the likely starting point with the UK is a ship. And again you have the Yping three, which is essentially stopped right now by different NATO vessels because it just broke two major undersea cables in the Baltic. But if you study the path and the traffic of the commercial shipping it comes, and if they if they went when they came out of the caddying at and sterea rat out of.
Speaker 4: The Datish passage, if they went left, they go right by these bases. If they go north for the Arctic, they go north to the Arctic. It's a little way. But they've been turning off their ai s. This is essentially criminal activity when China and Russian and irane in Venezuela and turn off their ai s.
Speaker 1: Colonel, let me ask you this. It's it's not as if drones are not exactly new. We we are well aware. I mean, the United States have been flying drones in a military capacity for what a couple of decades now probably more.
Speaker 2: But thet this says.
Speaker 1: To me that that we do not have an effective policy in place to deal with incidents like this, or maybe we do and and we didn't rely on that policy to deal with these sorts of incidents. And again, you look at I look at this as you know, is this another probing action or are we seeing the you know, these probing actions? And why would how could we be so lax as to not have a policy in place to deal with something like this the moment that it happened.
Speaker 4: Oh my my darn, don't get me going on this this topic. Okay, Now, now we've got to separate out because in the UK, it's actually the Brits that are responsible for security of our basis of shame on them.
Speaker 6: But in the U.
Speaker 5: In the US and domestic drone security is totally everybody likes to, you know, drink their loudmouse soup and bellow on social media there shut it down. Well, yeah, that's you're not We're not going to use a twenty millimeters gatling gun in the domestic airspace.
Speaker 4: But what we need to do is get the DOGE in on this Department of Government efficiencies because this has been debated inside the White House for almost three years, of domestic drone security, because it's intermingled with the trending topic of topic of urban air mobility, which includes package delivery, but it also includes kind of uber for the air. And it appears that NASA is leading the interagency dialogue at the White House.
Speaker 5: We need the DOGE to put some pressure on them to give them a timeline of forty five days twenty four to seven. You guys and girls, have this issue resolved on roles and missions and who's doing what. I've been to this before the White House. This is all about roles and missions of who does what in the US government. And right now there are spotty legal authorities spread across four different departments Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Energy, and Department of Dessense. And it's very spaty and porous. So we do not have pervasive drone protection inside the United States. And it's not just shut that down.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have to we have to use innovation advanced technology here. Because anybody wants to volunteer their house to have a bunch of twenty milimeters rounds explode above, you know, just you know, send your volunteer house to the dose so we can do such a test. But this is we can't have a bunch of you know, rockets, missiles and cannon fire over residential territory. We're gonna have a.
Speaker 5: Lot of civilian casualties. So we've got to figure this out. That they've been debating about this at the White House for almost three years. Debate time is over come to action assign who does what in the US government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, maybe I'm old fashioned on this, but it seems to me that base security is something that falls on the base commander, and especially when you talk about in the installations that we have in the UK and other parts, especially anywhere overseas. That seems to me like it ought to be a top priority for you know, the what is it usually a one star or a two star that is in charge of a base of that sort of important.
Speaker 4: No, actually, no, actually no, it's actually incorrect. It's actually normally an six and it's normally a cranky six.
Speaker 5: It's trying to finish out their time without appearing on the cover of Navy Times or Air Force Times or Army Times as the latest person charged with this or that. It's a hard job.
Speaker 4: But the legality, and this is where I mentioned this, it's the UK that's responsible for banks defense, not US.
Speaker 2: Wow in the UK.
Speaker 5: Now, in the US, a dood can't do anything until some kind of an authorized flight object crosses that imaginary fence line. If you draw a line straight up from the fence, they can't do anything. And that's the problem is because in the seventeen days in December of twenty twenty three, according to public reports, they never cross the fence line of the US government government installation, so illegally can't do anything. So that's what we got to figure out.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about the the incoming administration, and I think, uh, all you know, all the wokeness, all the DEI, all the proper pronoun usage, all this, uh you know, the the transgenderism that is going on in the United States military right now. Hopefully all of that is about to change. And I think Pete Hegseth is going to be a great Secretary of Defense. I think you'll he'll take that mission very seriously to wipe this kind of stuff out of the military that really is distracting from what should be the main mission of the military. And I think for too long now that we've been away from that, and I think only maybe through luck or timing or whatever, that it really has a bitterness that hard.
Speaker 5: What say you, well, and I had, I had pieces come out, and Gateway punted on both the drone issue and then on this issue. What you're talking about is called a plucking. A plucking and that's.
Speaker 4: Where we have a review of we have a poison, that we have a cancer, a sickness. It's called woke this. Now you've got folks.
Speaker 5: Who will angrily deny that such something exists. But these are the same kind of people who denied that Antifa existed. Oh, no, wocism is a real thing. And we're spending a lot of time and resources. The budget spend on dud and the intelligent community is going way up, and yet we're less secure. Why we have this toxic cancer of wocism that's creating this huge Drake coefficient. So we have to go through and you know, the legacy media is going, oh, they're going to fire generals. Hey, guess what. One, there's absolutely legal authority of a president to do that. And two, we actually have multiple historical presences to do just such a thing. Before World War One and World War.
Speaker 4: Two, the generals actually did literally call a plucking board where they did mass reviews of general officers and told a number of them to retire and they replaced them with others that they thought were more ready.
Speaker 5: So the absolute legal presidents to do this. And now I'm going all the way back to President Lincoln choosing General Ulysses S. Grant, who came back on board after being forced out of the service with an alcohol charge, came back in to swap the deep state at the time in the Civil War, and the army.
Speaker 4: Hated US Grant and yet essentially was a plunking.
Speaker 5: You know, we would be two countries today if President Lincoln had not said, I am going to disregard everything the General say, and I'm going to replace and I'm going to bring in US grant. This is absolute legal authority. So this is going to change everything. It's the right thing to do, huge legal presidents, and it's absolutely in the in the Constitution, in US law. Absolutely this can be done. So we need a plucking. But that also includes not just the general's animals, includes the career civilians. We got to address the military academy. We got to address all these advisory boards, and we've got to address all these think tanks that they help.
Speaker 4: This is where the cancer incubated and spread was at the academy was at the same well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, And don't even get me started on the academies. I mean, that is going to be something that I think is going to hurt us in the long run if things don't get changed. And I think we've got someone serious in there now who is going to take this in the in the seriousness that that needs to happen. Colonel Mills, we have to run. Well, we're up against the clock, but always great having you on, sir, and I appreciate the effort. If someone wants to find out more about you, where do they do that?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Colonel Rec John, Colonel Rit John two on S, Colonel Ret John two on X, Colonel Rhett John on Substack, Colonel rht John on Substack, also Colonel Ret John on the Get Her In Truth X and Substack. All right, and then I'll sell my books, the nation will follow and war against the deep State.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right, Colonel John Mills. Always great having you answer, and we will do it again before too long now one fifty four Dan Carroll for Billtnningham, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Mike McConnell.
Speaker 2: Here was something for you to think about.
Speaker 7: If you miss my show, you can listen to the Mike McConnell's podcast on the iHeartRadio app and catch what you missed. However, if the shark attacks and eat your foot, that's what's gone forever. So take my advice listen to the Mike McConnell podcast and stay out of the ocean.
Speaker 2: Let's pack pay Course Stadium with Paring and Black on.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW two O eight Dan Maderolin for Bill Cunningham, the great American and joints and time off.
Speaker 2: Glad that you are here with me. On the day after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Sean McMahon is running the big board in the seven hundred WLW Command Center, so I'm always thankful for him being there. I'm always thankful for my next guest who is joining us now. Scott Powell has worked in the corporate, academic, and research worlds. He is currently a Senior Fellow at the Center on Wealth and Poverty, also a Senior Fellow at the Discovery Institute. His book is Rediscovering America at Scott Powell. Welcome again to seven hundred WLW, especially on this day after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: How are you, sir.
Speaker 8: I'm very well, Dan, and there's a lot to be grateful for. I mean, Thanksgiving is the holiday for to express gratitude.
Speaker 2: It is. It is absolutely great to be with you.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The great Rush Limbaugh on Thanksgiving used to tell the story of the First Thanksgiving, which he memorialized in his I Believe His first book, The Way Things Ought to Be, and it tells the story about socialism in the New World with the Pilgrims, and how they tried that starting out, and how it really didn't work very well and it led to literally people starving to death because the output was so poor. And then under the leadership of the governor then William Bradford, they decided to privatize and and let people have private property and also enjoy some of the fruits of their labor. And based on that that that very simple concept that you could, you know, one could work for their own benefit and enjoy private property for their own benefit. I mean, really has had a profound impact, not just on the United States, but on on the entire world.
Speaker 2: Has it not?
Speaker 8: It certainly has, absolutely, you know, it wasn't really the pilgrim's choice to own things community. They were directed in the agreement that the Virginia Company gave to them and a lot of them land which was in northern New Jersey. They never made it to the to the you know, to that Virginia Company allocation to colonize. Instead, they were blown off course and they you know, they settled in Massachusetts, so they were really settling a land where they were unauthorized, and they sort of had to figure everything out. But they still went by what the Virginia Company had directed them, which was to own all things in common and to share. So that's what they tried to do for two years actually, and then then Bradford could see that the results were pretty dismal and he made that choice to, you know, basically, give every family a parcel of land. And everything worked out very well thereafter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joy Reid on MSNBC recently referred to pilgrims as illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Is is that accurate?
Speaker 6: Of course, it's not accurate. I mean.
Speaker 2: It was part of, you know what, I want to do something here.
Speaker 1: It was part of her most recent meltdown post election, and she was very upset going into the Thanksgiving Day holiday. Let me play the sound bite for you, and then I want to get your reaction to it. Look on my shows, people who listen to me every day, they know that I normally do not play clips from Joy Reid. I don't play clips in the view either, because it's just so stupid and we're all dumber for having heard these things. But every once in a while they exceed the threshold and I feel compelled to play that. So Sean McMahon, let's hear cut number one, please.
Speaker 9: These are the people who say the undocumented, who they get to call illegal immigrants like the pilgrims, had permission to come here, have to suffer the consequences of their actions. Right they made the choice to overstate their visas, are coming to our country illegally, so if they get deported.
Speaker 2: Consequences are you?
Speaker 9: Right wingers shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of your votes. You don't want to be around me because I voted for fascism, No fair coughing on you with COVID, But you want me to wear a mask for your safety. No fare, my body, my choice.
Speaker 2: Well here's an alternative thought.
Speaker 9: Make your own dinner, mega, make your own sandwiches, wipe your own tears, troll amongst yourselves with elon, and leave us alone. You got your heart's desire, the president you dreamed of and worship instead of Jesus. And this time you didn't even have to storm in the capital, smash the windows, or try to kill police officers or issue death threats to bool workers. See, you did it just by voting this time. Congrats, you got your way, and he even got away with breaking the law. Yay, But if you expect the seventy three million who voted for the prosecutor not the felon, and particularly the ninety two percent of Black women who voted for Kamala. To give you a cookie for your vote, a trophy, a hug, a high five, you might be asking too much. If we want to eat with you, we will. But if we just want some peace over the holidays and we don't want to put up with your trolling while we eat our tofurky, get over it. Stop acting like we owe you, and for God's sakes, stop whining. It's embarrassing our thanksgiving, our choice.
Speaker 1: So, Scott Powell, there's a lot to unpack there. I find it rich that that she is calling for Mega to leave her alone, when for how long now has the left and the liberals in this country been looking to shove their agenda down our throat, come hell or high water.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, If anything, the folks on the among the MAGA movement have probably been more respectful of diverse views, not wanting to shove their ideas and down anyone's throat, but rather, you know, show the way of life that attracts people naturally. I mean, do you know many people that call themselves progressive and liberal who really are happy people.
Speaker 2: No, that's a good point. No, I don't.
Speaker 8: And and you go to a Trump rally where all the Maga people are, you know, they're everybody there's maga, okay, And what do you experience? This amazing joy? It's like it's it's like a big family. I mean, it's positive energy, it's affirming. So give me a break. Whoever this commentator was, uh your analysis and to argue that that the colonists were illegal immigrants. First of all, North America was there was no nation here.
Speaker 4: There were there were.
Speaker 8: There were There were a lot of different Indian tribes and each one had their territory. And in fact, the you know, in many ways, God guided the pilgrims to the very place where there wasn't uh an Indian tribe to displace the Indian tribe that had lived there on this terrific parcel of land because there was a natural stream running through it. You know, you need fresh water.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: They were white out by some sort of pandemic several years before, so the whole tribe was gone, and this land was there, and the pilgrim said, this is a great place to settle, and the other Indian tribes that were around there turned out to be friendly towards the newcomers, and that's how it all unfolded. I mean, the story of the Pilgrims is a remarkable story of peace with the Indians. As a matter of one of the first or as a business that they did was a fifty year agreeing to a fifty year peace treaty between the Indians and the Pilgrims, and both sides agreed, and that treaty was honored for more than fifty years.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 1: So it's funny the way the truth just sort of takes all that whole rant apart, piece by piece. So when you know, when you hear things like this and she's talking about leave us alone, make your own sandwiches, do this for you, and thinking, I'm thinking to myself, well, you know, Mega and conservatives are more than happy to do things. In fact, we long to do things for ourselves and not have to turn our eyes to Washington, DC or the state capital for daily directions on how to conduct our lives and conduct our business.
Speaker 8: That's really what distinguishes us, and it is the most attractive quality among the values. The culture of Maga perhaps one of the most attractive qualities is that the movement really believes in the people and empowering the people to be all that they can be.
Speaker 6: And that was the vision in the Declaration.
Speaker 8: Of Independence, articulated so clearly that people had the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, that this was an unalienable right, not provided by the state, but an unable the right given by God. That all people should be free to become all that they wanted to be, to fulfill their dreams, and that all people had equal value. That's also articulated in the Declaration. Now, it wasn't realized because you know, slavery came in to the New World that actually first came in as indentured servants that would be freed. But in any case, we know what happened in the South. Agriculture required a lot of labor, and slavery grew there. And so when the Declaration of Independence was proclaimed, the fact is that we couldn't live up to that ideal. But that vision was never lost, and in fact we fought a civil war over it. The slaves were freed, but even then in reconstruction there was still ill will between the North and the South, and there was discrimination will into the twentieth century. But then God raised up another man that was Martin Luther King Junior, who proclaimed that he looked forward to the time when his children and grandchildren would be judged by the quality of their character and.
Speaker 6: The not the color of their skin.
Speaker 8: And frankly speaking, America is probably the least racist country in the world. If you travel outside the United States to other countries, you'll find that racism is far worse. And America has been a country of assimilation. It's really an incredible you know, the values that were that were at the foundation of our country have really they haven't been perfectly born out, but probably more better than almost any other nation. And there's opportunities. Look look at how this country has provided opportunities people of all races. I mean, there are black billionaires in America today. Who would have thought, who would have thought, you know, even fifty years ago, that was possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, it's it's interesting because you know, you and I listened to this clip and Joy read and we and we laugh at it and we find it, we find humor in it. And I think part of the reason is is because I know, at least to my way of thinking, is that she can sit and criticize all she wants. She can say, Mega is this you know you voted for the fascist, is what she said. But under this fascist named Donald Trump, she is going to benefit mightily. She is going to enjoy economic prosperity, probably unlike anything that she has certainly over the last four years and maybe over her lifetime. I think Trump is serious about taking the reins of the economy and doing things that maybe he was slow walking his first administration thinking that he would have another four years to back it up. But I think he's of this mindset now that he wants to get things done so quickly. So people like Joy Reid and people like Mourning Joe, and people like Rachel Maddow and Jake Tapper, they are all going to benefit. They like they already all of them make millions of dollars a year, and they are going to benefit and enjoy the benefits. And we know that life for them is over the next four years is going to be uh, it's going to be better for everyone, and and so they're going to enjoy those benefits just like everyone else is. And to me, that makes it a lot easier to to to stomach and listen to criticism like this.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I think we're going to find that that things continue to change and evolve, and I hope that, you know, the critics of the so called MAGA movement Donald Trump uh, become humble and begin to reflect on the values that are represented by Donald Trump and the MAGA movement are really core values of America. They trace all the way back to the beginning of the country. And and don't we want to empower people? Don't We don't we want to get government off people's back and empower people to be all.
Speaker 6: That they can be.
Speaker 8: That doesn't mean we don't take care of the indigent. You know, we have, you know, a social welfare state that has probably been more generous than almost any other in the world. And one could argue that it's been counterproductive in the way that it was structured, and maybe we'll get some reform there. But we're a caring people and we're always going to take care of people in our country. And so I think the next four years are going to just be amazing. And I think that it almost was God's providence that Donald Trump for whatever reason, would not have his second term right, you know, back to back with his first term that he had to have four years off. Because the man is a great student. He learned a great deal through his experience. He's reflected on it. He's put in place a very strong team very quickly. And I think that more will be accomplished in this second term, in which they're not sequential terms, then would have been accomplished had the second term been a sequential term. So I'm very optimistic that this is going to be you know, this is going to be a great comeback for America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I think that is an excellent observation. And I'm going to do something I don't normally do here, and I'm going to say something nice about Joe Biden. I saw a headline as I was preparing for the show today in The Federalist, and it talks about Democrats are urging Biden to sabotage Trump on his way out.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden is a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I think deep down inside, I don't think he's really that good of a human being, but I think from a political sense that this is something that is foreign to him. I don't think he really has an appetite to sabotage Trump on his way out. I think he went along with the sabotage that Barack Obama put in place on his way out. I think he was part and parcel of that. But I think for his own legacy, I don't think he wants that. Maybe I'm maybe I'm reading him wrong, but maybe this will be a chance for his legacy to at least do something decent and not go along with these efforts to sort of stack the deck against Trump. As he exits the scene in Washington, what do you think.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I want to I would want to agree with you. I think that analysis is certainly a very positive has a kind of a positive quality to it, and I always want to think well of other people. And the fact, you know, sometimes you know, when we when we uh turn the cheek, if you will, good things happen.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: I think it's it's hard to know about Joe Biden. I feel you know, I think I think we all feel a bit we have compassion for him simply because he's an elderly man that clearly is in the declining state of life mentally, and he you know, he isn't in full control of of what he right.
Speaker 1: And then in this way, maybe I'm thinking maybe he's going to have a moment of clarity, He's going to realize this and say I'm not going to go along with this, and and that may be the thing that that winds up defining him for all of history. But Scott Powell, we are up against the clock. I can't thank you enough for joining me here on the day after Thanksgiving. It is always great to have you on my friend, and I will certainly it really is. I'll certainly look forward to the time the next time we get a chance to do it again. But until then, all the best to you and take care of yourself and we will talk to you down the road.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Dan.
Speaker 1: All Right, there you go, the one and only Scott Powell of the Discovery Institute. And again his book is called Rediscovering America. I would encourage you to check that out. That is it for me. I got to get out of here and enjoy some NFL football coming up. And until then, Sean mcmahn, thank you for everything that you did today, and everyone have a great Friday and a great weekend. We'll see you again on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Big mech Bridge has turned commutes into nightmares, but now you have a time saving alternative, Bob's Bassboat Transport.
Speaker 2: Simplo.
Speaker 10: Park at the Covington Landing and let Bob Motor boats you across the river in mere minutes. No backups, no congestion, no headaches. Ask about Bob's Premier service which includes a seat cushion and coffee and your commuting nightmare. Turn your nightmare commute into a dream with Bob's Bass Boat Transport.
Speaker 1: The Red Tag Sales event is here at Mike Caster, c Chevrolet and