Speaker 1: Faces dropped a little early here on SDH, and the reason for that is because I've got to be like nine different versions of me today and it starts with all of this. It's a wall past Wednesday. Thanks for dropping by, John, hear you there. And what we are getting ready to do is blow through everything that's going on today and get you ready for all of the action, all the behavior, and all the things. So it is a preview of the day. We'll go through all the news of the morning, get you ready for what happened yesterday. We'll go through all that stuff. Dylan Butler, God bless the man. Morning. Alex set to join us at eight point thirty. This is gonna be a power hour because all right, so here's the day. You know this time of year that I'm like multiple people, and so at nine I have to leave Studio HD and I have to go to a high school here in the Atlanta area for the high school version of me to present an award that's gonna air. We're gonna piece it together. It's gonna air on GPB in a couple weeks, and it's gonna air for the rest of the season. After that, I come back here to the house and then change clothes, I think, or at least bring more clothes with me. I've got to go pick up the Boss's car because the the idea of a never flat tire may be true, but what that means is that you have to replace the tire. And so for the second time in six months, we've rolled over a screw. This time it was a screw embedded in the never flat tire, and so I had to take it to the tire place and they had to replace the tire. That it is not something that can be plugged. You sit there and twenty five dollars later you're out the door. Now it can't be that way with a never flat tire. It is replace the tire. So for the second time in six months, three hundred dollars later, I'll go get the Boss's car when I come back from presenting the award. Then after bringing the Boss's car back here to Office HD, then I have to take somebody out and make sure that he gets his walk, then leave here again to head down to Mercedes Benz Stadium for ATLANDA United and c F Montreal, possibly returning to Impact maybe possibly perhaps never so. Then then making sure that someone is fed, he's got his food. I can leave and then come back eleven o'clock and then make sure that somebody gets walked and make sure that nothing has happened inside the house while I'm gone, because the boss is out on the West coast for her work, so it's in out.
Speaker 2: Sorry wait, hang on, in out, in out, in out, in all.
Speaker 1: Starting at nine o'clock after this, Yeah, Alex, God bless you, man. I know it's like trying to figure out which one of me I am at any given point. Alex is like, I don't like this idea of different versions of John. All these facets are part of the same jewel. God bless him a man. Last night on the network, you got to get the pregame for the oldest rivalry in the state of Georgia when it comes to college soccer, Oglethorpe and Emery and Jason was on the call last night. You had to go to go Petrols dot com and then team one with the number one sports Jason's call one nil win for Oglethorpe after the three to three draw that happened earlier in the year. Maddie and I had Jason and Oglethorpe head coach John Aiken before the whistle, and then after the whistle was posted, we got to catch up with the game winning goalscorer sjf. We got to catch up with Nico Sheer, Nicoshira, and it was Ben Auerham as well as John Aiken last night on the Oglethorpe side, and then Corey Gner and and then uh Uh the the sophomore keeper for Emery as well. So it was great to catch Sharondajani, so great to catch up with them. It was a fun night. I got bitten by a bunch of mosquitos. But you can see the before the whistle. I think it's still up on the network as a live if you go through a stream yard and all of our different players forms, you can go backward and take a peek at after the whistle. Maddie was adding that during ast last night on the track at Oglethorpe, and she and Sophia Coupertino were there and Jason had ast last night, had John Aconon had some sound on getting you Ready for tonight, So very very busy night for all of us, and it continues today.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Running around, running around, running around, that's where we are. So good morning Alex, Good morning everybody. And I guess that kind of qualifies his opening Kickoff brought to us by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. That's your QR code for those of you who are hanging out with us, however you were doing so, large device or small, And what you can do is you click on that. You click on that particular QR code that takes you into Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent ringinvest in very very cool things that they youth games, youth initiatives, all those kinds of things that they consider cool. As our buddy Carlito would say, so Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. Dylan Butler said to join us at eight thirty, I think, and I'll ask Dylan when he comes on. I guess this is before he has to take everybody to school and then come back, and then he races in at ten oh five and comes in with us normally. But yeah, Dylan was like, okay, I sent out the bat signal and I'm like, Okay, here's the deal. I've got to do a power hour at eight o'clock. Dylan's like, I can come out at eight thirty. Cool, Tyler is gonna I'm hoping be on as a part of the Friday Chaos in the last hour of the week at ten o'clock, where we can go over everything that is going on in Major League Soccer at Landy and Night At, all the previews, all the things. So hopefully Dylan can join us for the Chaos on Friday. Will catch up with maryon Crowder because the USL Super League Spring schedule was released yesterday and so next time around, or we might even shoot I might try and tape something with Marion on Thursday and post it to the networks. So remind me, I've got to do that. So I'll catch up with Marion and see what her Thursday afternoon is like. We can catch up with her, tape that, post it to the network, and then you can keep an eye on everything going on Super League and SEC soccer there with maryon Crowder. So it's always cool to catch up with Marian. So apparently there are some things going on in the Premier League and in dealing with loans and things. And it appears that Russell Martin in Southampton might be close to sitting there saying, you know, thanks Fam for getting us into the Premier League, but it might be time to go just because of the really bad start that Southampton has had. Southampton's already freaking out, So no patience for Russell Martin whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Might be a short live deal when it comes to all of that. So yesterday we had FA Cup, we had Champions League. We'll get into those numbers coming up in a bit. And apparently Newcastle's facing a billion pound bill to redevelop Saint James Park. According to Luke Edwards, the expansion plans may increase the stadium capacity to more than sixty thousand, but it looks like it might be a billion, as I put into my pinky finger into the side of my mouth, a billion pounds to make that happen. Although the club continue to insist they've not made a final decision on whether to improve the existing stadium removed to a new, purpose built site elsewhere in the city, Telegraph understands detailed architecture Plans for the expansion of Saint James Park had been drawn up and studied. Plans have focused on the expansion and redevelopment of both the East End and the Gallagate End, with capacities stadium rising to more than sixty k if it comes to pass. Also believed to be the scope to modernize both the Millbourne Stand and the Less End, which were built more than twenty years ago, estimated costs between eight hundred million and a billion pounds depending on final details. Newcastle will need to extend the lease hold on Saint James's Park, which expires in seventy years if they stay put, and so they have repeatedly insisted, meaning the board any decision will be discussed with the club's fan advisory board before it's announced rejected the idea that the decision has already been made in private. So Newcastle eight hundred million to a billion pounds if they want to hang out with Saint James Park. Also once again keep an eye on that all these bottom all these.
Speaker 2: Bottom lines, and that is the bottom lines, because Santino Madadla said so.
Speaker 1: Sam Wallace out of the Telegraph also is mentioning that Barcelona suffered an eight figure loss despite il K Gundwan's exit and massive cost cutting. Vast wage bill and setbacks with the sale of Barsavision are the key issues. Gund Wan leaves other departures. The club reduced their wage bill from six hundred and seventy million euro to five h hundred million euros, so that's basically what one's seventy over seventeen over sixty seven, let's just say fifteen percent. Even so, it announced losses of ninety one million euro or seventy five million pounds. Gun to Wan left to rejoin Manchester City, with the club unwilling to sustain his annual wages of around sixteen million Europe. Joan Laport is trying to study a club debt around three billion euro two and a half billion pounds, which includes financing of the new camp. Barcelona also admitted the much anticipated sale of Barsavision Barsavision previously Barcas Studios, has not gone ahead his date hope, forcing a right down of one hundred and forty one million euro in the club's assets, initially valued at four hundred million euro, a deal to sell just less than half of that. Remember, they wanted to sell forty nine percent, still sell off a lot of it, but still kind of keep control. So it was like a forty nine percent sale explored separately with the cattle and businessman Jean Rouher, German football financiers A Borough and Socios. In the end, the full valuation of the stake was never realized. Disclosures made in a taster of the club's next financial results. What's a taste. I'm guessing it's just a tease. Maybe that's just the wording there. It's a taster announcing record merchandising and sponsorship revenue, because yeah, everybody needing a Spotify loco in the front of their Barcelona jersey. That's always going to get you somewhere announcing record merchandising sponsorship revenue.
Speaker 2: But morning, the one hundred and forty one million pounds.
Speaker 1: Euro right now had wiped out a small operating profit twelve million euro Barsavision, which sits in the holding company a Bridgeburg invest subject of non payment by some of the participating investors, so I were just not interested.
Speaker 3: Apparently.
Speaker 1: Nevertheless, the club declined to write down the book value of their own share in the business around two hundred million euro, which is going to raise eyebrows among other competitors making the economies to comply with such financial controls. Sales earned around eighty million year euro Club Academy continues to be a reliable production line. Laminamol and Gobby part of the Spain squad that won the Euro. So Gundwan left in the summer. Doniolmo out the door in a salary move as well, and so much trailed move for a Euro twenty twenty four winner. Nico Williams of Atletic bill Bow never went a hit yesterday in Champions League. Somebody put up seven. Somebody put up seven yesterday in Champions League. Man, it's like we're gonna just go ahead and we're gonna set records. We're gonna put seven on the board. So that that traditionally is not a good thing. When you have nine matches in the Champions League, if you took the over and goals scored yesterday, you won.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 1: Arsenal beat PSG two nil at home of minus one thirty five. Barcela was a big favorite yesterday to minus fourteen twenty nine. They shut out Young Boys by five byer Leverq's and one nil over ac Milan on the minus side at minus one forty seven. Dortmun puts seven on Celtic, leaving that there for Jared Smith at all minus two thirteen, Enter beat Red Star at a minus four thirty five PSV in Sporting Drew at a plus two seventy two. We'll discuss that with Nino Torres tomorrow at ten o'clock and find out what the heck happened. Two our muchly highly touted Victor yokaresh one happened on the road and the Manchester City at a minus sixteen sixty seven went to Slovon Bratislava and won four nil, so that was an easy ride for them.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: Nine more matches to close out this particular phase of the League stage. Girona minus one oh two hosting fine or remember two matches at twelve forty five Eastern seven matches at three o'clock as a minus one oh two hosting finan ord to the plus two seventy eight Atalanta is playing Shaktar Donetsk. Atalanta is a minus one two on the road and it's.
Speaker 2: Not a FIFA tournament, it's at UA for tournament. So let me see, let.
Speaker 1: Me see where this particular match is scheduled, but Shaktar is a big road dog, not necessarily not necessarily a surprise and all matches in match day two. Let me see if we can get a location on these okay viewing details of Shaktar and Atalanta twelve forty five and I need a location. I need a location the arena off Shalka and Gelson Kirkin. So it's going to be played at the home of FC Shalka. That's where the match is going to be. Four Shaktar and Atalanta, and so that particular matchup ish shaq Tarama a plus four forty seven Atalanta minus one fifty two. Villa hosting Byron, And this is one for our buddy Pars as he gets ready for his day. Aston Villa three o'clock hosting Bayern Munich. They're a dog at a plus three thirty three. Bayern Munich a minus one thirty three. Benfica hosting Athletico Madrid, probably the match of the day. Benfica is a plus one sixty eight. Athletico Madrid a plus one seventy four and your draws a plus two thirty nine. Dinomo Zagreb hosting Monico Monico a road favorite A big road favorite at a minus one sixty one draws a plus three forty four Dinamo Zagreb plus four in a quarter lel hosting Real Madrid, same thing for excuse me for Real Madrid to minus one sixty one. Leal's a plus four fifty. Liverpool at home massive favorite against Bologna. Bologna, by the way, a plus fifteen sixty nine in the composite. That's what you're staring at with Liverpool and Bologna. Liverpoo big favorite of minus five fifty six. I would watch it. I wouldn't touch it. RBI Leipzig, who is plus one fifty Uve's a plus two hundred draws of plus two thirty four. Oliver Min's life has said nothing about RBI Leipzig as a part of the Red bullsy in tree, but he's more than happy to sit there and look at Major League soccer.
Speaker 2: Look in the mirror, Sir.
Speaker 1: Day two and Storm Graz at three o'clock hosting Club Bruges. Club Bruges a plus one oh four. Storm Graz a plus two sixty six. Your draws a plus two seventy one. And no, I don't do the sound effects for anybody from that particular team or country anymore because their ultras were a bunch of jerks and so they don't deserve to get the horn sound. So that's your activity going on in a Champions League today. Once again, reminder two at twelve forty five and one and all the rest are at three o'clock. And you can watch that on all the different aspects of the networks that are going on for Paramount Plus. Why is it one I click on something, it gives me March twenty six. It's a little outdated. So what to watch, Where to watch it, how to watch it. CBS Sports Network has been Fiica and Atletico Madrid at three o'clock. FS one is your free side of what's going on in Major League Soccer, Crew and the and the Messian Friends at seven forty five, everything else at seven forty on the Apple TV side because seven thirty seven forty. If you're on the free side though, and you're the FS one simulcast, you get the super Hyper make a pregame show the extra either five or ten minutes, and it is seven forty five for Columbus and Messian Friends that's also being simulcast on Fox Sport. This everybody else is on season past. Tonight, ESPN plus has the conkor CAF W Champions Cup. It is Frasier's Whip going up against Gotham at eight o'clock. Whip spell spelled Whip Whip. It's Whip lose USL Championship in the midweg Louse City and the MIAMIFC at seven thirty. Not to be confused with Messi and Friends. But they actually do play, but they play in Boca. They don't quite play in they don't quite play in Fort Lauderdale League One. Going on back into league play after we had the Yeggermeister Cup decided last weekend Omahon Spokane at one o'clock, Businessman Special at Warner Park and papal And, Nebraska, and then Central Valley Fuego and Northern Colorado at ten o'clock on the campus of Fresno State. GLOSSO Network simul casting your W Champions Cup tonight with Fraser Twhip and Gotham at eight. Paramount Plus has already shown Champions League Elite in the AFC with Thistle, Kobe, Sheendong, tayshawn Yokohama Marinos and Ulsan Conference League is going on today starting at ten thirty in the morning, Basaksha Here, Rapid VNT, Victoria Gimeresh and Selje.
Speaker 2: That's at ten thirty.
Speaker 1: Then we mentioned the Champions League on Paramount plus two at twelve forty five seven at three o'clock, and they also have the Champions League, the Conkorcap Champions League with Fraser Swip at eight and Gotham Peacock is broadcasting Super League DC in Tampa Bay is at six thirty. So that is your your rundown of everything to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it. Okay, since it was mentioned that you've got Champions are Conference League going on today. The Europa League, by the way, is tomorrow, and everybody's playing tomorrow in the in the Europa in the Europa League Conference League, which has eighteen matchups, you have two today and everybody else is tomorrow. So we'll go over those numbers. But the two that are going on at ten thirty Asaksha Here favored at home at a plus one twenty two, Rapid Vienna plus two thirteen, Victoria geme Resha big favorite at home to minus two eighty six. In Portugal, Selje is a plus seven seventy two, So that is what you're looking at with that gossip and inn window once again. Dylan Butler set to join us at the bottom of the hour to go through everything Major League Soccer.
Speaker 2: Hero power hour on a wall past Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Uh getting into the gossip rumor in uendo, what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? It looks like Liverpool has now joined the Jared Branthwaite chase, who hasn't at this point. Liverpool ready to rival Manchester United for Everton's Jared Branthwaite could even move for him in January. For Letter paper take the information at your own peril. We do have some Everton news, but I've got to figure out how to phrase it. Involving making sure folks get paid and the Friedkin Group trying to dive in and become owners. Sean Dych given funds to improve the Everton squad in January. Once the Freedkin Group complete their takeover, no top players will be sold. Gareth Southgate is Manchester United's top picture, replaced Eric ten Hawk. They are also interested in speaking to ex Uva manager Max Alegri if they do sack him. Ten Honk retains the support of senior players at Manchester United despite the sides poor start of the season. You're Gonna Clop has dismissed speculation he'll take over as Germany manager for a letter paper. Do you see the picture You're gonna clop? The other day, dude looks completely rested. It's like he's getting naps in it's watching whatever. He's just I guess he's getting He's kicking back, got his feet on the Ottoman and the den eating the popcorn.
Speaker 2: Dude looked rested.
Speaker 1: Barcelona and Spain's Andersonist expected to announce his retirement.
Speaker 2: We talked about that yesterday.
Speaker 1: Crystal Palace is Adam Wharton and Atalanta's Edter Center high on Manchester City's list should they try to replace rodri in January, and Anthony Gordon set to sign that new deal that we talked about last week that keeps him at Newcastle until twenty thirty. That is from our friend Forbrizio Romano in Scotland, Jannis Hajji's returned to Rangers first team after the Romanian midfield destruct an agreement to resolve the contract wrangle that led him to be frozen out for more than a year. That's from the Scottish Three Letter Paper. Haji agreed to forego a clause where he would be do a salary increase if he played one more game for Rangers after several senior players and board members put pressure on at Philip Clement to bring him back to the first team. He greeted the news that he's no longer training with the Rangers B team with an Instagram post of him working out, simply saying back.
Speaker 2: Under his swinger lease.
Speaker 1: Palmer has told Brendan Rodgers he's determined to say with Celtic and fight for a starting place, taking a break from social media after fan criticism following his only start of the season against Falkirk Hammerby's Buzzuman Aiture has welcomed interest from around the Europe, as reports in Sweden suggest Celtic leading the race to sign the eighteen year old, who's also been scouted by Arsenal Palace, Eintracht Frankfort and bayer lever Cusen. News on Aberdeen Kevin nisbitt Is revealed that Peter Levin played a key role in convincing him to move to Aberdeen on loan from Millwall. That the first team coach has been helping him rediscover the form that led to Scotland caps for the twenty seven year old and now Jimmy Thieln no regrets about missing out on Elsberg's participation in the Europa leagues. He targets a return as Aberdeen manager. So that is your word on teams in Scotland that we're keeping an eye on, and what's going on in England the Freakin Group and let me get into this also, and I know that Tom is probably his ears are burning over this Freakin Group and we got to keep an eye on this. A letter from King and Spaulding, which are the lawyers to representing Leadenhall to a New York City court concerning the sale of Everton a CAP has not provided the details regarding the terms of the transaction, but is committed to do so subject to a non disclosure agreement. A CAP represented the transaction that will not close until Leadenhall, Ing and National Founders have the opportunity to review the terms and address any concerns with the defendant and hearings today at three o'clock New York time. It means that Leadenhall want to make sure that the terms of the repayment of the seven to seven to seven a cap loan are not detrimental to their cause, meaning that they want to get paid.
Speaker 2: And so this is going to be.
Speaker 1: It is going to truly be something that will live in the courts, and it will live in the courts for a while. So I know that if you're looking at the Friedkin Group, you're sitting there hoping, Man, we need to get this thing fixed and fixed ASAFP.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: And once again, I'm firmly anticipating that you're going to have a lot of stuff in the courts involving Freedkin Group before Freedkin Group can take over Everton and the ninety four point one percent share of farhad Mosheri's activity with Everton as they continue to go forward.
Speaker 2: So let me see, I'm trying to see if.
Speaker 1: There's any other news before we get into since we went through all of the gossip, rumor and innu window and let's see, Harry Kane's a doubt for Villa after an injury in the lever cues and draw, So we've got to keep an eye on that. We have to get a chance to mention this Christine Sinclair is going to retire at the end of the NWSL season and when Bart comes on on Monday, and addition to everything else, I want to ask him about Christine Sinclair and her legacy and what Christine Sinclair has meant to the sport, just in the sense of in two countries really with her time with the Canadian national team and representing her country like she did here.
Speaker 2: This was completely unintentional this morning, but there you go.
Speaker 1: So the our friends at Peace collective that got to peace, got to Peace P E P I E C E that together and let everything roll and see what's going on there. So, uh, I need to ask him about Christine Sinclair and her impact going forward. So that's UH, that's going to be on the to do list when it comes to AH everything that we discuss uh in soccer and the world of soccer when uh Bart comes back in on Monday. So once again, let me see if there's anything that I've missed. Let's see, that's rugby, that's Champions League. We've talked about that, and I need like some hold music or something. I think we're in pretty decent shape. Remember tonight it is at six point thirty on ninety two nine in the game in the Odyssey app it is ATLANDA United and a CF Montreal. We've gone over the standings. Let me go back over them really quickly before Dylan Butler joins us and we break everything down with.
Speaker 2: MLS. The Eastern Conference.
Speaker 1: The chaos is flipped this year, and we'll get into this with Dylan, but specifically the idea that traditionally the Eastern Conference is the one that's more stable. They're the calmer of the two conferences. Not this year, where the stuff at the top and you pretty much know who's going to be in the Western Conference unless somebody really does collapse, it's the Western Conference. The Eastern Conference is the one with all the castle folks trying to get into the party. That literally it's like you see the bouncer at the door with the velvet rope and everything, and maybe it's more really Kevin Bacon on the sidewalk after the favor parade, you know, stay calm all as well, and everybody's stampeding and Kevin Bacon ends up being embedded into the cement.
Speaker 2: Inner.
Speaker 1: Miami's in. You know who's in at least as far as six in the Eastern Conference. Messi and Friends are in there, eight points ahead of Crew. Crew have a match in hand, they could probably close it to five and that might be the distance. But thinking of what Crew has gone through this year, multiple competitions, et cetera, and to be only five points behind Messi and Friends, that's a hell of a run for Wilford Nazi. Cincinnati's at fifty six points. They played thirty one matches, they got three to go. Remember the number we're looking at, thirty four. Purple Team is in thirty one points and this is group number two. Purple Teams at forty six. NYC at forty four, and they have two more wins than Red Bulls. Red Bulls have ten wins in my C has twelve. Charlotte has been hanging on and they built up a lot of point equity at the beginning of the season, so they've been able to hang on since they won like maybe twice at July forty two points there and then we have the peloton. We have the peloton starting at eight, and true to form, here's Jarrett.
Speaker 2: Jarrett.
Speaker 1: We're in a power hour until the top of the hour. Dylan Butler set to join us coming up here in a couple of minutes. But I'm going over the chaos in the East where it seems like everything is flipped. Where it used to be the East was the calmer of the two. It's like, yeah, we kind of know what we're doing. It's just positioning, that's the element here. But it's been flipped this season where the West is the one that has the calm and you kind of know who's in unless something really happens and the bottom falls out on somebody. The East is the one with the chaos this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just goes. Sometimes sometimes you just need to like sometimes you need to stick put a stick in a cage and rattle it around of it. Somebody did that means this year where we're at, man, it's you've got a lot of teams that are eligible for it, and no matter who makes it or doesn't make it, every team that doesn't make it is gonna have a very specific set of games that they're going to look back on and it's gonna be very like, very evident where the ball was dropped, so to speak. And yeah, everybody's gonna have one that they're gonna feel like got away. We know about Atlanta's we've gone over them at nauseum. Yes, but Philadelphia is gonna be one of those teams that Philadelphia's on the knife's edge with everybody else. They needed a win versus Atlanta, probably as much as anyone needed that win, because go, look at Philadelphia's running the rest of the way, right, it's not nice, No, Like, it's brutal, more brutal than Atlanta's, more brutal than a couple other teams that are gonna be there like that. Philly needed those three points. The fact they couldn't find a second goal is possibly getta weigh really heavy on what Philadelphia has going the rest of the way. But all of them were gonna have games that they look back on and go, wow, imagine if we just had not spit the bit here here or here.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Dylan, the fifths and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. We're talking the Eastern Conference and the chaos that is the East. Considering the cast traditionally is the West, the Eastern Conference is the one that's bananas.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 4: It is Yeah, and and uh, I don't know, I think I feel like we uh we we we knew. I don't have a new can you ever be defendive?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: But we we had an idea that, like the best teams in MLS where these right this year? But yeah, the West is making it say as well, and I think it's going to be a wild postseason. But first, it's obviously the run right to the playoffs and positioning, and it's in a league that loves parody. Parody down the stretch of a regular season equals chaos. Uh huh, team chaos, and I'm all, I'm all about team chaos.
Speaker 1: You are not the only one when it comes to the matchups tonight. Yeah, I guess, first and foremost, are you on the desk for any of these?
Speaker 2: What are you being subjected to?
Speaker 4: I am on the desk well beyond from what are we starting at seven point thirty until probably two?
Speaker 3: Oh no?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Are you allowed to nap at the Dylan Butler states be so.
Speaker 4: At Dylan Butler estates, The Boss and the Princess are currently uh in Montauk right now, camping with my father in law, So I have the estates to myself, So you know, could I go that route? Possibly? But I do also, uh, I look out on my lawn and it does need some mowing, so.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if a nap isn't is in order, but you know I might be able to do both. I work today, my shift today, my desk, my my first of two MLS shifts today ends at too, So I think I can if I can get going right away, you know, maybe be done by four, to be nap at five, get up at seven and start my Mary match day thirty six.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, so let's roll through the schedule and look at the juice boxes and see and basically what we're gonna do. We're gonna play Cliffhanger today. We're gonna we're gonna do the old prices right game where we're gonna roll through the games and if there is a game that you wish to discuss, just go ahead and yell stop and we'll talk about so.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And like I said, I was today years old when Odd's portal and it's like, hey, Atlanta United's first when it comes to home games. Uh, they're the first, They're the first home. They're the first home team that's listed. That's great for seven thirty kicks. Then I realized it's in alphabetical order, numb nuts.
Speaker 4: I figured it was just because Atlanta fans figured that they were you know, Lanta United was the most important team, so of course they would be listed for It was like listed in order of importance.
Speaker 2: Of course, course it is.
Speaker 3: Remember we had to reinvent soccer after Seattle and Vincent.
Speaker 1: That's right, yes, Atlanta and iited a minus one sixty nine draws a plus three sixty one a CF Montreal never to be impact ever again until Joycepputo sells and the fans have an uproar a plus three eighty six.
Speaker 2: Jared, I'm just gonna go ahead and y'll stop. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Obviously you need to win out from here on out. You need to. You need to hope that like Philadelphia just gets their ass beat in that goblet they have to go through, and a couple of other teams drop points, a classic kind of six point game. My fear with them right now, and I will continue to have this sphere until there's a seat change. Is they come inexplicably flat like the Nashville game.
Speaker 4: That is, you have a different fear today. Your fear today is Joseph coming in and getting a break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joseph ending your season with the Coudi graw is right up there. That is like one A and one b.
Speaker 2: Mm mm mm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Traditionally this season, CF Montreal's road form ain't that great. They literally have been two separate clubs. And Jared has been to Stad Suputo, so he knows how tough.
Speaker 2: Of a love.
Speaker 3: He's my favorite away fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so he knows the chaos that can be associated with anybody going to stodd Saputo. That is not the case here. CF Montreal has to go through customs. Maybe there's a customs agent or eight at Hartsfield Jackson International, Galactic, you know, Starport. That will kind of slow things down a little bit. But CF Montreal ahead of it Land in the standings by three Atlanta. If they win tonight, they now get the tie and wins and then they would have the type breaker because of gold difference two eight and five away from home this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Atlanta only has three more.
Speaker 1: Home wins, that is true, five six and four at home. So that's what we're staring at with this particular game. So basically, the two of you are saying, toss up until further notice.
Speaker 2: Is this is what I'm is this what I'm saying chaos?
Speaker 3: Okay, So again Atlanta is two different teams at home. They're the team at against Nashville that were just bad and then the team that when Columbus or Miami game here they went balls of the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, playing up or down to the level of competition. And so right now, see if Montreal's above them in the standings. So, as an Atlanta United fan, you were hoping that they play up to them, all right, how Cliffhanger continues. Charlotte at home in a minus one fifty four hosting Chicago Fire Fire a plus three eighty two.
Speaker 2: They're eliminated. They don't care.
Speaker 1: NYC is at where are they tonight, Dylan?
Speaker 4: Which version you are at the place they dominated on Saturday, which is Redwell Arena.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this ISDB, they're hosting FC Cincinnati in New Jersey as NYCFC to minus one twenty three draws the plus three twelve FC Cincinnati, who is chasing Columbus right now, third behind them by a point, is a plus two ninety.
Speaker 4: It's amazing, though, because it doesn't it doesn't feel I mean, they are yes, they are in the standings chasing Columbus, But doesn't it really just feel like it's it's now like it's not even a three horse race anymore with all these with all the injuries, all injuries to center back position for Cincinnati, Like they don't they don't feel like they're that Like they feel like a distant third at this point. You know, like you'd almost you'd almost give more credence to Orlando, and we'll talk about them in probably thirty five seconds, but like they there's ten points difference between Cincinnati and Orlando, but right now you would give Orlando probably a better chance of making a deeper run than Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Truth Purple Team, Jared is a minus one thirty two at home hosting said Philadelphia Union. Philadelphia is a plus two ninety eight in a composite to win the draws of plus three twenty eight. So I have more concerns obviously with Cincinnati, considering that what they don't have at the back. Purple Team is actually the team that we traditionally think of with Oscar Pere has the slow fade that's not happening this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he seems to figure out the formula which is interesting. It's interesting though, because like they had so many guys on loan last year that I wasn't sure they would be able to recreate what they did through chunks of last year, and I think they didn't. More not as like explosive, but more consistent this year. And they just kind of, I don't know, it kind of feels like Orlando's just kind of floating on along here, but not in a bad way. Like they're just kind of sitting right outside that category. And they seem fine with it. They're gonna go out there if there's anything ye.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Jad say.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: They they they've been on a run, but against the teams that are not making a run, right like they they've been beating bad teams to this to this point right there stretch Drive. Now you know they've got to beat a couple of good teams and and and I think tonight, granted they're they're going to be at home, you know, they're they're facing a desperate Philly team, but I but they're still Philly. Like I this is a really interesting one to me, I think because we get to kind of, you know, Philly is looking more Philly. You know, are are you buying stock in Orlando, I'm not sure even even even though they're making this run, you know, it's been largely other than the Charlotte win, it's been largely against teams that aren't gonna make the playoffs. So let's see what Orlando has tonight against a Philly team that you know, like I said that they're looking more like themselves, and then they go to Cincinnati and then you know, of course, the end the season against Atlanta.
Speaker 3: And even Charlotte is kind of I've been giving Charlotte a side after the last month because they've been dropping points at places that good teams don't drop points.
Speaker 1: And you end up dropping points in places and I think that that's what eventually comes back up and bites them. And then you know what going forward when it comes to this, Charlotte make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: No, they're just gonna have an annoying ass first round game.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And that annoying ass first round game is what's I think gonna cost Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: In addition to the combination of question marks upfront and in the back line outside of Christian Collina, who has to stand on his head every single time and turn into the second second coming of Manuel Noyer on a weekly basis in his prime man, Uh Toronto FC at home plus one forty three slide home favored against Red Bulls who are a plus one eighty three. We'll see if Oliver Min's laugh will be pleased with their efforts on the road tonight.
Speaker 4: Then seven five, which hold, hold on a second, how how bad are the Red Bulls right now? Like Toronto's not looking good either? So this is this one is an interesting one too, just to sort of you know, is anyone gonna step up here and take take three points? Is this gonna be a a one one or something? And and nobody's happy? I mean, uh, you know, you you it's it's it's sports cliche. But obviously, look, you want to be playing your best going into the playoffs and they're in the playoffs again. But if I'm a Red Bulls fan, I don't how do you celebrate a playoff streak that doesn't included one doesn't include a championship. Two in recent history barely includes any wins in the postseason. So they they you know, what was the sign that was in Red bull Arena? Not good enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: One like this, Uh this. This is not good.
Speaker 1: No, it is not And so I think you have the hall of not good going on the road to a team that you don't know which team you're gonna get. But it's it's it's like the Scooby Doo chase sequence. You don't know what door you're going in, and you don't know who's chasing you, and you don't know what it's going to look like until you smash into each other in the middle of the hallway.
Speaker 4: So these two will certainly smashage smash into each other in the middle of the hallway.
Speaker 1: Yes, seven, which means seven to fifty five, which means that you get the Super Hypermaica pregame show on over the air television. It is Crue and Messi and Friends Jarrett Cruise minus one fourteen at.
Speaker 2: The Death Star. That's their nickname. They gave it to us.
Speaker 1: I did draws a plus three twelve and Messi and Friends are a plus two point fifty nine.
Speaker 2: What say you, Jared Smith?
Speaker 3: I mean I call it that too, other than what lower dot com field.
Speaker 1: Low, Hey, they paying us so for me? It's yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: It's like, uh, it's but it's kind of like that that that's one of those who are like, it just doesn't roll off the tongue, kind of like guaranteed rate field and baseball like.
Speaker 1: All the hell, that's the that's the new comiskey, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, mm hmmm, baby.
Speaker 3: Over to the worst team in baseball history under twenty one losses.
Speaker 1: Well, and if it hadn't been for the Los Angeless of Anaheim and from Orange County south on the five Freeway that are uh you know, letting folks go at discounted rates, then it would have been one hundred and twenty one or more a lot sooner it hadn't been for the three games sweep.
Speaker 2: But that's neither here another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, that's just the Angels as far as this goes in, Like Columbus is just Columbus just kind of motors on along until until proven otherwise. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I kept waiting for go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I think this is this is Columbus's chance here tonight to make a major statement, like one, screw you guys, you're not winning the shield in.
Speaker 2: Our house, ring as head.
Speaker 4: And you know they might not be winning the shield, you know, because of their recent results either Columbus, but you know they're gonna let my or they should be letting Miami. Know, you know this is not going to be a cakewalk. You know we're gonna see each other in a much more important game, and uh, you know, here here, here's what, here's what's coming. So I think, you know, I would expect some animosity tonight as well between these two. What a terrific what was a round of sixteen in a League's Cup match that these two had at said field? But yeah, listen, I don't know. I feel like this is like I feel like this could be like a three to one win for Columbus.
Speaker 1: So you think when this one could go eight nuts, sideways, take the over kind of a thing. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. This one will be fun. While we're at Mercedes, Benz keeping an eye on must win at Landy United and c F Montreal eight thirties Dynamo to minus one ninety six hosting the Revs at a plus four sixty eight. Also at eight thirty Nashville hosting DC United. Nashville's actually favored a g otis at a plus one twenty five draws a plus two fifty four DC is a plus twoh six, And this one kind of seems like it might be an elimination game for the loser if it ends up being a loser, because because DC thirty four points three points out of a playoff spot, Nashville thirty three points three matches to go four points out of a playoff spot. So it's a battle of twelve versus thirteen, and it might be a loser leave town match by the time we're done talking about that one. At geotis at eight thirty nine thirties. The Prairie Dogs in Colorado hosting LAG. Colorado's a plus one seventeen. LAG is a plus one eighty one. That's an interesting number. Draws a plus three twenty one. Also RSL hosting the Loons. RSL's a minus one fifteen. Loons are a plus two to fifty nine. I don't think that that number is low enough, and your draw is.
Speaker 3: Important too, I think rzel.
Speaker 4: God, it was only two weeks, three weeks. I feel like ago, maybe maybe more, maybe a month. All these match days sty'll blend in together, but I feel like it wasn't too long ago that we were saying RSL were one of what five shield Intenders.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, and then now chi Cho's got like a goal in his last maybe six games. You know, he's not scoring goals. And and and the Loons they are, right, Kelvin Yeboa is scoring goals from Minnesota. They're they're looking to make a push. So I think this is an important one for RSL just to just to kind of halt this negative momentum that they have going on.
Speaker 1: Halt who goes there? Jared, what do you think about RSL? I mean, when you don't have folks who who were efforting the ball to Chichio Orongo and you're missing the playmakers, you end up with what you have at RSL. What about those nine thirties or the eight thirty nine thirties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, time is relative.
Speaker 2: It is just early in the morning, You're damn right.
Speaker 3: It is besides ES Central times on the Scouts time zone. Just a'll find out this week with when when Auburn gets to play it with Auburn. Oh, they've got a really pissed off u GA team. Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you in Athens.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to see who can blame this one on you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's gonna he's gonna throw folks under the bus on that one he find.
Speaker 3: The way they're cooper tailed under the bus from twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Wave that flag.
Speaker 3: But I'm I am consistently so impressed, even when even though they've they've had those bumps in the Roads of Colorado, though man like Armist goes in there actually gets some support from stan Krocky financially and find some stability there. RSL still feels like that kind of team that they're not perfect, they've got flaws, but if they can catch like a good week of form, they're gonna ruin somebody's playoff and they're gonna screw up people's brackets just because they do it, even though the consistency is always there. Yeah, but they can just like rattle off, Oh yeah, what happened. RSL scored like fifteen goals in three games, and then all of a sudden, we're looking around at RSLs in like the Western Conference semi final. No, they might run out of gas, but they could just as easily score, you know, two goals in three games and be done.
Speaker 1: I love those nine thirties. We got four at ten thirty, which means yeah, Dylan, oh God, I do not end to you my friend LAFC hosting all Caps lafcs and minus two thirty eight, your draws a plus four twenty six and.
Speaker 4: The LFC has found there for him again.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, Well, I mean when you don't have and this is the other point about alternate competitions and multiple timelines with crew, crew you end up with they were kind of distracted, they were working on other things, they were trying to win things him as so I can understand why there are a couple of points back in trying to chase after things with Messian Friends in the Eastern Conference. So the fact that they finished second probably by the time that we're done with the regular season not a surprise. And then they get to focus on everything going on in the playoffs, that all the stuff is behind them. The League's Cup is behind them, the CONCACAF Hemispheric Extravaganza.
Speaker 2: Is behind them. You can focus on what's going on in front of you.
Speaker 1: That's why I think Columbus is one and Messian Friends are two.
Speaker 2: Same with LAFC.
Speaker 1: Don't have to worry about League's Cup anymore, don't have to worry about any other competitions.
Speaker 2: You can focus on what's on in.
Speaker 1: Front of you and city is north of five fifteen tonight, and it might be a long night for them. Portland and Los Verdes, Portland and Austin. Portland a big favorite, no Real Shock at of minus one eighty two. Austin is a plus four to zero eight, and the composite draws a plus three seventy. Jarrett, your quakes host f C Dallas, you're a plus one forty two.
Speaker 3: Quakes are dead, brother, I'm aware.
Speaker 1: Of this, but you're a favorite tonight at paper Park, where folks have another opportunity to boot John Fisher if they see fit.
Speaker 3: Fisher. I don't know why we're all moved the Ain movie movie as in the PayPal Park.
Speaker 1: Let's get weird, yeh It would be a short porch to right. It would help out the left handed batters. I'll give you that much.
Speaker 3: Hey. You know what, though, he should do it for that reason alone, because it'll be entertainment value when someone starts popping off six runs game.
Speaker 4: Could you get Aaron Judge like hit went onto the tarmac over there, then.
Speaker 3: Probably that'd be Great's signing Joey Gallo with the fure hope that Joey like, hey man, that ports is like two hundred feet. Just keep hitting pop ups somehow. Joey Gallow hits seventy five runs a year.
Speaker 1: For for Sacramento baseball team. I don't even think they're going to be the A's. I think they're just gonna be SBT. I think they're going to be Sacramento Baseball Team. I don't think they're gonna have a nickname next year.
Speaker 4: Even they should be a baseball club. No, Like, if we're gonna keep it.
Speaker 1: The there you go, yes, Sacramento Baseball Club or the Sacramento.
Speaker 2: Cells real real, oh real, Sacramento BC.
Speaker 1: That'd be fantastic. Raal Sacramento BC. Make it how we gotta we gotta do shirts hear it? Raal Sacramento BC. That'd be fantastic. As a way to discover the Begreen.
Speaker 3: They're probably gonna go for a different reason. Yes, San Jose is an in the season territory, like this is just get us done. It's another it's another wooden spoon, it's you fired the manager. God only knows like what it takes to actually get that team turned around. Kind of in that situation. I think that Chicago was in a couple of years ago where it's like everything is just that we need to pull it out. Was this is that.
Speaker 2: Frank Klopus two point zero?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to pull the damn roots out on this thing, man, like you gotta like, we gotta dig up the soil, We gotta we gotta put down new fertilizer. We got a idea.
Speaker 4: Got a lot of weeding to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you are not wrong. You got a lot of weeding to do here, because I don't even know where you begin with that one. I know there were the rumors about I think Matt Doyle had it about uh greg at Chicago, which at least would provide some stability. Chicago, like San Jose doesn't even have that right now, they didn't have like rumors of stability. They Man, the closest they're gonna get is like John Fischer's gonna see the like former national team manager, and he's gonna whistle for like urg and Clintsman to come in and ask them like Clintman to come in.
Speaker 4: Rumors of Stability was my favorite Fleetwood Mac album.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, absolutely, because because all all that happened in the album was that Stevie Nicks yelled at Lindsay Buckingham for a full forty eight.
Speaker 2: Minute Yeah, yes, yeah, and uh.
Speaker 1: So that that was rumor that that was a hell of an album. And I say that because I played albums and I got a turntable up on the mid level, so I know of which you speak. Last game is Cascadia bound. Yeah, it is Vancouver and Seattle. Vancouver at BC Place. I don't know if they're going to open the upper deck or not. Plus one thirty four draws a plus two fifty Seattle's a plus one ninety three. Vanny Startini must be protected at all costs. The man wore a Terry Fox T shirt to a press conference and gets Terry Fox. That's your Google search for today, kids. But Vanny Sartini must be protected. Dylan Butler, what's say you? Last game on the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Vancouver could could get some or put themselves into some good position for silverware. Here it's the run for Cascadia Cup.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 4: I believe leading right now in those standings, but this is their last Cascadia Cup match. The final Cascadia match could be a lot of fun and have major playoff positioning implications when when Portland and Seattle do their thing, on decision days, So big one for for both of these teams. The negative though, right now, for for the white Caps Stuart Armstrong out calf injury, Ryan Goald questionable knee injuries. So yeah, so so that's a that's a concern, don't know how serious for Stuart Armstrong. But but look, obviously you know clearly these are these are major characters in this in this show you got going on out of Vancouver, So, uh, that is a concern. But yeah, Cascadia at the end of a long match day, it's always fun.
Speaker 2: Jared, last match on the board.
Speaker 3: What do you think I will always stump for Vancouver. That's kind of where I'm at yea. And Vancouver also turning into like the island of misfits Scottish national team cast offs is one of my favorite plots in all.
Speaker 1: Of this as it should be completely and totally all right. So, Dylan, by the time this match is over, this match card is over at the end of the night, what do you anticipate seeing by the time you go to bed.
Speaker 4: Stars like just double you're over it at that point. Yeah, uh, we're not seeing a supporter shield winner, Okay, Uh, I think we will see some there will be movement in the table. I don't know how significant. Let me see again real quick. I don't in the West, I don't think we're seeing anybody get over the I think you're I think you're in. I think you're nine in the West right now, are set. It's just now a matter of positioning. So uh, I don't I don't know if Montreal can. I I'll say we won't see anybody new above the line.
Speaker 1: Okay as well, and.
Speaker 4: We will see about a Danny Bowonga hat trick.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: So that means that I gotta have him as my captain on my fantasy teams. By the way, Jared, by the end of the night, we will have seen blank in Major League Soccer.
Speaker 3: We will have seen at least one team in the East throw away their playoff lives. And when I say throw it away, I mean like in a winning position with twenty minutes to go and show can chicken bo damn?
Speaker 4: Well, is that happening anywhere near you? Guys? That sounded very personal there, you know.
Speaker 3: What, though, it could be either one of those teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if you told me that.
Speaker 3: Montreal had a one mill lead in the seventieth minute and like, I don't know, like it's an ogle and Asian Gregerson deflected a header, and all of a sudden, Lena's alive in Montreal, staring in the mirror wondering what happened. I would leave it. If the inverse happened, I would believe it.
Speaker 2: And Joey Saputo goes storming down into the into into the locker room and yells at Laurence Courtois and we can hear it through the wall as Rob Valentino is giving his post match press conference.
Speaker 3: Also John Herdman might fight someone in.
Speaker 2: Toronto and welcome to a day that ends and why uh? All right?
Speaker 1: So we back at it again nine oh five tomorrow and we will be discussing everything that happened today. Scott Wells, the head coach of Gardner Webb, is going to be joining us in our number one. He had a big win last night. We'll discuss that. We'll discuss what's going on in Western North Carolina. And we have the phone lines and the pipelines wide open to everybody in Western North Carolina on all levels of soccer if they want to come and crash and let us know what's going on and update us on everything going on up there. They have an open line to do so, and we'll continue to do it, and we'll keep talking about that. We'll probably go in after the first of the week to what's going on here in the state of Georgia, look at it through soccer's in session and the high school lines. And I want to thank Dylan for jumping in early. I want to thank Jarrett for jumping in early. Guys, thanks for getting the power hour to it's and where we can all get on with our days and sprint into our various lives.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, gentlemen. We'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 1: I guess all right, that's Dylan and that's Jared and so Jared and I will be at Mercedes Benz with Maddie. We'll let you know whether everything is going on there. And it will be six thirty pre game on ninety two nine, the Game of the Odyssey app Jared last thoughts before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Saan, this game could be really weird.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: I know that kind of goes about saying with this team because they've been schizoprenic, but look, they've had to they've been put they've put themselves in a position where they're gonna have to be ballsy every every game, and another performance like the Nashville one will not go overwhelm with anybody in that locker room, with anyone on the coaching stuff, anyone in the fandom. I know there's a lot of talk all the time about, uh, you know the fans need to show up. Well, the fans have done their part, and it's back and forth with this. Yeah, everyone's gonna show up, but which team shows up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I will I will reiterate, man like I wouldn't be as frustrated if we didn't know that they can be better than what they've shown.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: If if their ceiling was what it is and that's just what they were, that would be one thing. But they've shown you what they can be when it links up and it clicks and they push and the inconsistency and intensity is what makes it frustrating because we know they could be better. What can they be? Tonight?
Speaker 1: We'll keep an eye on it. We'll be back at it again tomorrow morning, and let you know. Power hour to finish things up with Nina and Nico at ten o'clock, nine o'clock Scott Wells and every reaction Thursday for Jarrett, for Dylan, I'm John, We're out.
Speaker 2: We'll see you later.
Speaker 1: I think maybe perhaps you know I'm trying to play something and it doesn't play.
Speaker 2: You know, I set something up as a bumper.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and I know it's like you set something up and it's like, well, what am I supposed to do to click on it?
Speaker 2: And you click on it and then nothing happens.
Speaker 1: It's like, come on, no, I was gonna be all fancy and everything, and you know, play the intro clips.
Speaker 2: Fine, here's your outro clip, as Jared whistles us out. We're supposed to do. We're supposed to play the ultro and in the stream. I get it.
Speaker 1: So so that's when you's like a click in stream and it says play ultro and in stream. So that's what we're gonna do. We're out there. We'll see in a little lesson twenty two. See tonight at NB