Speaker 1: Gladden back in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: That's good stuff today. It's good eat week days.
Speaker 1: At nine on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Five o five.
Speaker 3: If you about KRC the talk station, Happy Friday, say.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: A vacation.
Speaker 2: There we go. We know it's Friday. We'll get to woohoo. Not that I needed to be reminded. I hope you have a wonderful day. Brian Thomas here hosting the fifty five KRSE Morning Show. Always please to see Joe Strekker where he belongs, and a great rundown today if you want to stick around all morning, plenty to do and talk about this morning, and there's always like yourmind, folks, I love hearing from you, so don't does take the call five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty eight hundred and eight two to three talk on pay fifty on AT and T phones and fifty five kr SE dot com when you can't listen live, or you want to say, hey, I need to hear that again, or I want to know where the fish fries are during Lent. Joe Strecker always puts the lent and fish fry list up. So support your local organizations, usually churches obviously it's a Catholic religious tradition. So uh, enjoy the fish. Why you why you can whether or not you're a Catholic. I love fried fish. I absolutely love it, Big Fen of Diche's Pub fried Fish. So a little free plug there for that one. Anyway, Well, got the crime stop for bat guy the week up there with what we had. Iheartmediaviation expert Jay ratlif on yesterday. The podcast is right there. I'm kind of curious if you want to see hear State Senator Bill Wilessing. We'll talk about property tax last night. Corey Bowman for mayor. He spent some time in the show yesterday. Enjoyed that conversation. So all at fifty five kr seed dot com, get your I heart Meeta app wire there seeking listen to the content wherever you happen to be good thing to do and what is coming up? Speaking of Joe Strekker in the rundown, Thank you Joe. As always Tech Friday at Dave Hatter every Friday at six thirty. Today, the FBI advisory has been issued Dangerous ransomware attacks a weekly occurrence with Dave Hatter, So we'll learn about that one. How artificial intelligence is now scanning your photos for quote sensitive content close quote and this new hack that occurs via bluetooth valuable information help keep you out of trouble with Dave Hatter Every Friday, Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection Alliance returns. Got a message to Doge post Office memo to do is postal reform could save the American taxpayer seven billion dollars annually. Well, I will embrace that idea and also thoughts on the presidential address to Congress. So there you have it, Dave Williams and follow by Mark Beckman, who's got an interesting new book out some future day, how AI artificial intelligence is going to change everything. It shows how artificial intelligence is transforming our careers, lives, businesses, and more. Also provides easy actionable steps to make AI work for us, calling it a transformative power. It's poised to enhance and transform all aspects of society. I don't think it's going to be all good personally. John Gordon joins the program, John political analyst and host of the Truth with John Gordon. He'll be on an eight zh five. We'll get his thoughts and impressions on a variety of different topics in the News. And finally Lewiann Horman Seminar March eighteenth, empower Youamerica dot org how to transform our perspective, attitude, and behavior. Apparently understanding the science of psychological change can help us transform our perspectives, attitude, and behavior, but believes about ourselves in the world, apparently stifling our ambition and preventing us from realizing our full potential. So ways around that weighs to transform your life again and empower you seven or empower Youuamerica dot org. Well you heard the top of the Our name is Chucky Schumer apparently caved depending on your perspective, says he is going to vote to keep the government open. He complained that if the you know, this is something I guess they were screaming at each other in a closed door room the other day, the realities of a government shutdown. It does give Donald Trump a tremendous amount of leeway to decide what is critical and what is not critical in terms of keeping the government going. And I was thinking as I was driving in when I first heard this, that this this idea that they're going to go ahead and vote to keep the government open. First off, you know clearly, the Democrats would own the shutdown. I know there's always this back and forth on who's responsible in prior government shutdowns, during which nobody ever died, and I'm sure your lives were not impacted. And of course all the federal employees who were not working during that period of time got all their pay, so it's only a delay in payment. But moving beyond that, they would clearly own this. You know, the Republicans in the Senate, we're going to vote for it, meaning if the Democrats stopped it didn't give them the sixty votes they needed. The Democrats would have been responsib before the government shutdown, clear convincing, objectively obvious. So for all those years they screamed and welled and asked their teeth about the horrors of a government shutdown, and always the Republicans fault, this would have been owned by them. But moving away from that, because Trump would decide what parts of government are open or not, that gives them admodus amount of power, doesn't it. And they were worried that maybe some of these areas of government wouldn't be reopened. Now find that little lacking in credibility. But that was some of the concerns that were expressed. But I thought one of the areas of government that would probably be kept open'd be the Department of Governmental Efficiency. And if none of the other employees are in these shutdown agencies, wouldn't that give them the freedom, like the keys to the door, to go on in and start ferreting through stuff and things while everybody else was home, and not preventing them from doing that. Just the thought. But apparently the concern about this shutdown overwhelmed the naysayers, and Trump or A Shimer has capitulated. I believe my job to make the best choice for the country to minimize the harms of the American people. Therefore, I will vote to keep the government open and not shut it down. That in a statement from the Senate floor yesterday, I believe allowing Donald Trump to take even much more power via government shutdown is a far worse option. So there's going to be a vote to limit the debate on the spending bill, the continuing Resolution scheduled today around one point fifteen. Jimmer, speaking with reporters last night, we want the attention of the American people not focused on different bills that they would bring to the floor during the shutdown. We'd rather focus on our message, which is beginning to work. And I wrote after that, well what message? What's beginning to work? And then he answered the question in the next sentence. During the this is the reporting for Fox News, but it's quotes from Schumer. The Democrats message is that quote they're hurting the middle class to give tax breaks for the billionaire's close quote. Yeah, how many years we've been hearing that. There's no new message, there's no message, just the same old, tired trope. It's all this class warfare company the Democrat Party. And if he's referring to the Trump tax cuts, which I don't think are addressed in the continuing Resolution, those benefit of the middle class tremendously. Wait, you see what your tax bill is going to be if those things disappear. And I'm always like to point out that, you know, if you are taking less money from those, for whatever reason, evil billionaires, then you're taking less job opportunities. You're you're providing less job opportunities for the rest of us. They do employ a lot of people. And to what end is government using those evil billionaires tax dollars? Well, that's what Doge is pointing out to everybody, and maybe the concept of this taxation they're all being overly taxed, might take a hold and take a grip among the vast majority of American people when we find out where our tax dollars are going out, and how inefficient government is, and how they don't do a damn thing to protect the interest of the American people. Social Security is a great illustration of it. They keep screaming about, how you know the Musk and Trump are going to take Social Security away from us time and time again. Every time that comes out, I say, no, we're not. We're trying to save it. If we can get rid of billions, if not trillions, of inefficiency and waste and fraud from the program, maybe we can keep it around a couple more years. It won't save it from a death spiral because it is a Ponzi scheme. They hate hearing that. But there's reality, and then there's the Democrats spin on reality in an effort to get you all ginned up and worry that somehow Trump's going to turn this pigot off. He campaigns said he wouldn't touch it. He's had to come out multiple times staying I'm not going to touch Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. I wish you wouldn't say that. I wish he was frank with the American people and say we need to do something or it's not going to be there anymore. Well, when Shimmer was asked what changed between Wednesday and Thursday to change his mind on this, here's what he had to say. As of yesterday. This again, this is yesterday after late yesterday afternoon. As of yesterday Wednesday, there were not enough votes to pass it. Well, I guess now there are since he changed his mind. Shimmer said, I thought I would let people know that, but there were a bunch of undecided votes and members and as members studied it and look at it, each is making their own decision. On Wednesday, however, he claims that his caucus was unified and that they would vote know for the continuing Resolution. So what at what point would they become undecided? There were a bunch of undecided votes. That means they were not you fight in their position. Undecided means I haven't made my mind up. I am not on board with voting no on this. So he's talking out of both sides of his mouth or out of his mouth and his sphincter simultaneously. I love this quote by Fetterman, because you know, Fetterman says some goofy things sometimes, but he at least was rational in his perception of this Continuing Resolution. Fetterman, I've seen the videos that they're going to shut it down. I'm like, that's spicy, spicy. I don't know, I don't know if they'll do it or not. Spicy is it also extra crispy? So if the spending bill isn't passed by eleven fifty nine tonight, the government officially enters a shutdown twelve oh one tomorrow morning. So I going back to Congressman Thomas Massey. It's benefited tremendously by Donald Trump going after him about voting no on the CR. He was on the program earlier this week. I strongly encourage you to listen to what he had and his explanation for why he voted no. It makes crystal clear sense. But he did predict this would happen. He said, it's a foregone conclusion the Senate will vote for the Continuing Resolution in spite of what Chuckie Schimmer was saying like five minutes ago, which obviously he's changed his tune. Thomas Massey predicted it and it coming true. Yet again, his predictions are regularly accurate. Five sixteen. You feel free to get you a call. We'll move into other areas, like, for example, how much funny Massy's taken in since the Donald Trump criticisms of him. We've got a few words to speak about coming up next, and I'll be right.
Speaker 5: Back fifty five KRC cow rightheard radio musical I have twenty on a Friday in a very happy one to you.
Speaker 2: Trump's message about congressoon Massey sure helped out Thomas Massey.
Speaker 6: Let me.
Speaker 7: Night.
Speaker 2: We all talk about it here in the morning show. You probably read it for yourself. Donald Trump taking the swing at Massy in the truth social media post because Massey said he was going to vote knowing the continuing resolution, he followed through with that, which unleashed some more Trump tie raids against Congressome Massey. He asked, he called for my friends in the Commonwealth to primary Congressom Massey, which has happened before. It didn't work, but anyway, thanks to Donald Trump targeting Congressome Massy, Thomas Massey has been the beneficiary of a rather large infusion of campaign donations. I think it was yesterday, he announced, in less than three days, I've received two hundred and sixty one thousand dollars through three thousand, two hundred and three individual donations without sending an email, a text, or a phone call. It's a fundraising record for me, and it's boosted my current cash on hand north of one point one million dollars. He tweeted on Wednesday that he had already received two hundred and five thousand dollars, and then sent out a tweet, I've received an amazing outpouring of support since I was attacked for voting no on the Biden money level CR. In fact, we just set two hundred five thousand from twenty five hundred grassroots donors. Can you help me send a huge huges in quote huge message by reaching two undred and fifty thousand dollars before forty eight hour mark. That worked. That worked, So I'm sure he'll take more if you want to donate more now. Trump had attacked Massy ahead of the lawmaker ahead of the Massy's GOP primary back in twenty twenty. Decisive victory for Congressman Massy in Kentucky's fourth eighty one percent of the vote. My friends in Kentucky loved Congressman Massy, and then Trump actually endorsed Massey before the twenty twenty two primary. Trumps all over the board on this one. And Massey got a bit over seventy five percent of the vote in the twenty twenty two Republican primary with three other candidates dividing the balance of the vote, and Massey earned es shy of seventy six percent in the twenty twenty four primary. Blessed the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Oh. In the Power You Summoner last night on property taxes, I thought this was rather interesting the timing on it. Fox News reporting there are several states that are pushing to abolish property tax. Representative Russ diamond of he's a Republican out of Lebanon, Pennsylvania, and he makes a great point we shouldn't have to pay rent to the government once we own our homes. He's putting forth a resolution House Built nine hundred, a draft constitutional amendment that he hopes we'll go to the voters on election day this fall out. A typical piece of legislation require and gubernatorial approval. This means the people of the citizens of the state of Pennsylvania may decide to well eradicate property tax. He said. Property taxes are an issue that is not exactly partisan because in some areas it's more of a big deal than others. He said, for me, the big deal is that I want people to own their own homes and not have to rent from the government all across Pennsylvania.
Speaker 8: Hmm.
Speaker 2: And that's a point That's been made to me many times over the years. I'll get you know emails and tweets when I mentioned property taxes. You know, you never own your home and I've mentioned you know. Oh, usually predicated by the fact I'll say that, you know, we paid off our home, and it always makes me feel like uplifted. I don't have a debt over my head, and I hate debt, always have. I just it's like a sort of damicle is over my head. At least that's my personal psychological reaction to owing someone money, and a mortgage is owing someone money. So we took extra steps and did some belt tightening over the years and made some extra payments on our mortgage to get rid of it. And I felt relieved and it's usually the follow up, well, you're not relieved the property taxes. You got to keep paying and paying and paying and paying. And I know property taxes are a huge burden for the senior folks out there, which was the subject matter of my conversation with Bill Blessing and his efforts to try to bring some relief to the Ohio taxpayers along all the lines that he talked about yesterday and at the Empower You summinar last night, not real thrilled to this idea of giving every school to a child a free lunch. A couple of emails Rhino was mentioned, So you draw your own conclusions on that. But he's not the only state there, Pennsylvania. We got Florida. Governor of sant has proposed a similar question in the state last week asked is the property yours or are you just renting from the government. He said, you buy a home, payoff a mortgage, and yet you still have to write a check to the government every year just to live on your property. Taxpayers need relief, and he's adding that penning legislation seeking protections from homeowners will have his support. So New Jersey also taking some steps to offer some property tax relief. So it's a growing phenomenon and it really makes sense, doesn't it. Five twenty five ifty five KRC detalk station, local stories or phone calls. I'll go either way. It's all always up to you. Five three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk will be right.
Speaker 5: Back, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: It's the marketers report.
Speaker 2: Keep johnn Weather quolcas. It's going to be a mostly sunny day today, could hit eighty degrees, but they say there's probably gonna be a high in the upper seventies overnight down to forty nine. Storms show up tomorrow morning around six, they're predicting, and there'll be morning rain with scattered storms, maybe a dry stretch in the middle there. For the Saint Patrick's Day parade, seventy one to high rain shows up late afternoon, severe weather one two inches of rain, gusty wins up the forty miles per hour, overnight low up fifty four and rain heads out in the morning. On Sunday, clear sky. These skies will clear up and it'll be a high of fifty eight, so a little bit cool with right now fifty degrees fifty five per CD talks day it's five twenty nine, couple to a five thirty and yes, Eric, I know in spite of the fact that I loved my friends in the Commonwealth, and they brought us Congressman Thomas Massey and Senator Ran Paul. They did elect Mitch McConnell for four decades and stopped screaming at me. It's in all caps and filled with expletives too. Eric's passionate about that one. You cracked me up, Eric, he really do anyhow? Five on three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred two three talk Otherwise, diving into a local story. His man's been arrested after court documents claim he tried to carry out a murder for higher plot. His name Dominic Grubb charged with conspiracy to commit murder corner of the Butler County Court records FOX nineteen for reporting and thank you. Crime started Deceummer twenty fourth and twenty twenty four continued through January third. Grub, according to the records, approached and solicited what is described as a confidential informant to murder a woman offered. The offered the informant an initial one hundredment that was to be placed in the informant's jail commissary account, gave the informants the intended victims address, vehicle information, and details about her family, which included her child's bus stop location. Told the informant he didn't care if the child was also killed.
Speaker 5: Do what the heppen is.
Speaker 2: Apparently he also involved his mom, telling her on the phone that she needed to deposit the one hundred dollars through the informants jail commissary account, which she did. Later, Grub met with the informant and offered him an additional twenty five hundred dollars for the murder. If the informant would not carry out the murder, Grubs said he would find somebody else to do it. I'm asking you to kill a expletive for me. Can you ease your own imagine on which explet have we use? In the sentence, Grub offered a second one hundred dollars payment to show the informant he was serious about giving the intended Having the intented victim killed. Doesn't say whether the informant or whether the the alleged assassin turned him in or not. I presume so if someone offered you twenty five hundred dollars to kill someone? Would you be willing to risk perhaps the electric chair or the death penalty or at least life imprisonment for premeditated murder for twenty five hundred dollars? No, thank you, Dad, God bless you.
Speaker 9: Dad.
Speaker 2: Think about you every day. Before I move on, let's see what Pete's got this morning. Pete, welcome to the Morning Show and a happy Friday.
Speaker 6: Thanks, Brian. A couple things about the tax on.
Speaker 7: Doing away with the property tax in these states sounds good. I mean, I'm all for not having to pay property tax, but all the disnees services that are currently provided by that, I wonder where they're gonna get the money. And then the other thing, Trump is talking about doing away with the irs and doing the external with all tariffs and if which that sounds good too, but if he manages to get that implemented, basically we'd be paying tariffs on every single thing imported from.
Speaker 2: That point one.
Speaker 6: And well, sax.
Speaker 2: It's exactly. It's like a national sales tax the goods and services you buy and up paying for it. So and that's the honest reaction, you know, Like it's like getting rid of income tax. We got rid of income tax wherever the money come from, well maybe a national sales tax. So literally everyone then would participate in funding the government, and they could express outrage when they go to the store and buy something that now costs extra because of the national sales tax as opposed to income tax, which only hits a smaller percentage of the American population. You know, those that work and those that make over a certain amount of money, they're the ones that fund most of the government. These evil billionaires pay the giant, giant chunk of the income tax in this country. It's much bigger, and they fund the govern to a much greater extent than most of the people in the United States. And there's a certain segment, the bottom one third of the roung doesn't really pay anything at all because they're not subject to income tax because of their lower wages. You may say that be unfair to them, but they probably consume a lot less because they have fewer dollars to spend. It's very complicated, and I'm not saying I got any as solutions to it, but you know, it is one answer to the complicated mess. Independence man facing charges after alleged assault during a road rage incident happened on Tuesday this week. Nineteen year old William stuff have been charged with criminal mischief, assault and wanton endangerment to the victim. He was driving a car into the intersection of Tailormill Road and Handspike when he passed the black BMW because it was going too slow. He said, they jerked over real fast and pushed me off the road and I got back on the road and saw the driver laughing as he sped off. Said it was unable to get the license plate because his tire was shredded and the part of the wheel came off him. He was hitting the neck cheek. I'm sorry, then, he said, as I pulled over to change the tire, the BMW came back and I asked for them for their insurance information, and they just started swinging. He said he was hitting the neck, chest and back and shoulder by this Stover kid and his passenger. He was bruised and cut under his right eye. Fox News interviewed him and thank you for the reporting. Fox News. Thank you, Joe. Unclear if the passenger William Stover's car was going to be charged. Stofer back in court March nineteenth, just walk away five thirty five Sound Advice fifty five cares to the detox station stack a stupid coming up. Hope you can stick.
Speaker 5: Around fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Of course we can. Five thirty nine On a Friday, my friend Jeffrey always chiming in in advance, sitting in anticipation with the bass riff, just like Joe Jucker. Whatever happened to Chuck Ingram kidnapped by Heather and Detroit John the Fisherman Stack, Oh stupid channeling Joe's just walk away sound by. We've got a woman who allegedly hit her boyfriend with a glass salsage jar because she saw him at a bar with another woman. Please, said Jessica Holly Lou John. Charged with an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon a salsagejar. It must have been full Joe. According to the restaurant victims at a restaurant with another woman Monday, when someone took a picture of them and sent it to Jessica Holly Lou John. A short time later, she showed up at the bar and started swiping food and drinks off the table. She then picked up a glass salsagejar and threw it at her boyfriend hitting behind the ear. Witness said the disturbance continued outside the restaurant. Well, of course it did, manager. Another witness told police that the couple argued outside and Halli lu John attempted to run over the victim with her vehicle. Okay, that's where the aggravated thissul comes from. Manager said. It appears she deliberately swerved her vehicle in the direction of the victim. Police got there, they met with a victim who said, quote she hit the hell out of me close. Quote. While officers were speaking with the victim of the scene, Holly Lujanan called the victim multiple times and reportedly said, quote, so you're really upset to put You're really you're really upset to put me in jail. I didn't mean to I was just angry close quote whatever, thank you. It was kind of waiting for that, Joe. She eventually surrendered to the police court. To the police, she repeatedly stated she was upset and did not mean to cause harm. Raw residents of Allentown, Pennsylvania, described as having a bit of excitement as a series of explosions shook the small city. Police advised them not to be concerned. As they were just disposing of a dead man's pipe bombs Joe. Lieutenant Chad Eggy said the loud boon was from the Allentown Bob Squak, Kentucky in emergency disposal operations on an improvised explosive devices. After one of the city's residents passed away, his friend was gathering items from his home when he stumbled across the homemade ordinance. He called a friend in the police department, who then contacted the FBI. According to the lieutenant, there was no criminal intent. They didn't build them. They just found these devices and they reached out to somebody that they knew that worked with on these types of issues, and they contacted the FBI, which got us involved to take care of the devices. No one has any idea why the dead guy had them in the first place. H Oh must be Friday naked man as tradition. New Hampshire man facing multiple charges after he allegedly crashed his car, fled the scene and then discarded all of his clothing before then running across all lanes of a busy highway. New Hampshire State Police said they received several reports about quarter to quarter after three in the afternoon Sunday of a man disrupting traffic on the Spaulding Turnpike in Dover. Multiple passing drivers told police the man was naked and running and or walking within the travel lanes of the highway. State police showed up quickly located the naked guy. With the help from Dover Police, they were able to take him into custody. Preliminary investigation a term of the man had been involved in a crash on Varney Road in Dover and then fled on foot. The vehicle involved of the crash had been reported stolen sometime earlier in the day in a nearby town. While fleeing the scene of the crash, for whatever reason, the man took off his clothes on the shoulder of the highway before crossing all lanes of travel. Man later identified by police as his thirty five year old Shawn Wiener Senior. Yeah, I'm sure dad is proud or junior is proud. Yes, anyway, Shawn Weener Senior of Somersworth taking an area hospital for treatment a minor injury suffered in the crash. He is now facing charges of indecent exposure and lewdnous reckless conduct to count to disorderly conduct in littering. I guess that's because he threw his clothes down. Issued a summons to appear in Dover District Court May thirteenth. That was, isn't that? That was yesterday? In thisition the charges followed by the state police. Dover Police took you into custody on separate charges in connected with initial crash. They left. The theft of the motor vehicle also remains under investigation. They say, wonder what the hell prompts people?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 2: Anyhow? I know a lady you need to get in touch with mortgage, and you think mortgage, Suzette Lows Camp with Cross Country Mortgage. I'm telling you off the bat, you're gonna love working with her. She is just an outstanding lady, very very friendly and pleasant to deal with. And it's just a if he knows everything there is to know about mortgage. She's been in a mortgage business for more than thirty years. And you know, if you want to insist on personal service from your mortgage lunder, you're gonna get it from Suzette. Low's the camp. She will find the right program to fit your needs and she's a broker for you working for you. So she's got all kinds of products out there that she has access to, and she prides herself on quality service for her clients. Do you know you can refinance, cash out or consolidate your bills? With credit card rates rising and student loan debts coming, do you may save hundreds months on tapping into the equity in your home. Then they have the CCM Line of Duty Death Benefit, which protects those who protect us design to provide financial protection for families of first responders. This one time benefit covers your outstanding mortgage balance up to five hundred and twenty five thousand dollars should you fall in the line of duty, So calls for all the details on that and for everything related to mortgages. It's easy to reach your five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six or send her an email at Suzette dot lows camp, l O s E k A M P Sze dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 8: Are you a business owner?
Speaker 1: Ce five ipp.
Speaker 2: Ipit above KCB talk station looking forward to tect fright of a Dave Hatter. Yet another FBI advisory about ransomware. Great any gotta know it. You'll keep you out of trouble. Dave Hatter, will let us see you here to the stack of stupid with more naked people for a Friday Cumberland County, penn Indeed, Cumerlin County, Pennsylvania. He got a guy facing multiple charges after he stripped naked and refused to pay his bill at the Primani Brothers in Cumberland County. I love Permeddi Brothers sandwiches. This thing, Why are you doing that?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 2: Accorded to lower Allen Township Police, James Gladwin fifty two, charged with disarming a police, disarming a police, resisting arrest, public drunkenness, disorderly conduct, and theft of services. According to police, galland strip naked after refusing refusing to pay his fifty two cent bill at the Primani Brothers in Capital City or in the Capitol City Mall. Officers located Gladwyn on the scene, where he continued his refusal and began yelling obscenities at the restaurant staff. Why are you doing that? Offices on the scene offered to place an uber for Gladwin, but he again refused and attempted to grab an officer's taser, so he was taken to the ground and arrested right awaiting a preliminary hearing. Now they're offering him an uber. He stripped naked and refused to pay his bill. I was awfully nice of the police officers there. Clearly the guy's an idiot, had no explanation for getting naked. That's the only troubling thing about these stories is sometimes they just really don't provide any explanation whatsoever, except the fact that he was drunk. But you know, I'll be the first person to admit there have been times when I have over indulged on alcohol and I've never thought once it'd be a good idea to strip naked. What Morgantown, West Virginia man arrested after police said he was following women around a Mongolia County apartment complex naked. Why are you doing that? Tap Adsoi Tafa d z Wa first name to Fadsoa Cheppoto, twenty five years old. Yeah, he's Irish, right, Joe. It's clearly irish to Fadzwa, Mick Chippoto how's that, oh, Chipot Hotel? Anyway, he's twenty five, reportedly walking around the Mountain Valley apartment complex completely nude on multiple occasions, according to West Virginia State Police. One woman told police that when she walked around this guy, he followed her to her apartment, and after going into an apartment, she looked outside and saw him standing by her front door. That's creepy. The same woman saw him again on Wednesday, approximately two thirty in the afternoon, near her vehicle, completely naked with something in his left hand. What do you think it was? Just then at eight thirty am, another woman saw him walking down a set of steps toward her vehicle, again completely naked. All this time he had a phone in his hand. Joe chartered two counts of indissent exposure currently in the North Central Regional Jail. Bond sat at ten thousand dollars. I don't know what planet I'm on and it was our courtroom appearance during the trial of former Columbian President of Arro Ribe, prosecutor allegedly accidentally rather played a video of a naked woman unrelated to the case, resulting in laughter in the room. It was all captured on camera, a prosecutor, Marlene or Julia, initially played the video of a dwarf person dancing to music while carrying a liquor can. I'm having a hard time processing that one. Shortly after an AI enhanced photo. Shortly after an artificial intelligence enhanced video of a nude woman was shown on the screen. Realizing a mistake, the prosecutor promptly stopped the video at apology guys for accidentally selecting a different clip rather than playing from a series of recorded phone calls related to the case. You're honor, my apologies. We wanted to show everything that Diego Cadena had sent, but we didn't foresee that this would happen. We have fifty seven files consisting of videos and audio recordings. According to the colleague of mister mss Or o' julia, she struggled to remain calm as the court and the victim's attorneys started laughing. She said, my apologies, your honor, but well it's just that, and then remain stoneface. Although the the defendant remained stone face. I guess he's the one that had the dwarf video in the nude video on his phone. Anyway, he remained stone face to the entire thing, the entire incident. He's been charged with witness tampering and bribery. Seventy one year old leader also been accused of offering cash or other benefits to witnesses to undermine a police of political rival, digging into former president's family ties to paramilitary groups. He's denied all charges for the record. Five fifty five coming up with five fifty six. Stick around more to talk about between six five and six thirty when we kick it in with Dave Hatter and Tech Friday. I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 11: Every day America's deadline is over fifty five krs day.
Speaker 2: Talk station call the pros and zeros talk station Hacky for Friday biting to stick around all morning. Quite a few guests lined up, thanks for Just Tractor Executive producer Tech Friday with Dave Hatter coming up, FBI advisory on dangerous ransomware. Artificial intelligence is now scanning your photos what is described as sensitive content and a hack via Bluetooth. Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection Line. Fast forward one hour seven oh five with Dave, we'll get his thoughts on Trump's address to Congress and a shout out to Doge. Check out the post Office. There's apparently seven billion dollars annually that could be saved seven billion with a bee every year. Uh, some future day. How artificial intelligence is going to change everything? The book by Mark Beckman, who's our guests at seven point thirty eight oh five with John Gordon, who's a political analyst and hosts of the Truth with John Gordon, a variety of topics talk about with John first time on the program, and then an empower use seminar with Lunn Horobin who joined the program at eight thirty to March eighteenth seminar, How to Transform our prospective Attitude and Behavior five three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three Talk Time five fifty on AT and T phones. No need to break it down too much, but big news this morning is yesterday evening's Chuck Schumer capitulation saying he's now going to vote to keep the government open. They had no They back into a corner quite literally. And I know, based upon the explanation provided by Congress from MASSI, this continuing Resolution is not really a good thing because it just keeps funding at the same level it was funded under the Biden administration. So we need to have cuts in government. We're in that de spiral. And again our national interest payments are now up to like one trillion dollars, and the more we have to pay an interest, the less goes to any other program you can think of. But it looks like they're going to vote and to pass the continuing resolutions of massive infighting. I understood that they were actually screaming at each other in a behind the door, closed door meeting among the senators the other day. But their problem they were concerned, I guess, struggling to fight back a sneeze here. I guess they were worried that if you close the doors of government and leave only essential services open, which Donald Trump gets to decide what's essential and what's not, they might run amok in the absence of all the federal employees would be shut out of their offices. Anyhow, big development on that, So kind of continuing the stack is stupid. But I appreciate the work that Doge is doing personally because they are it's very revealing, and they this is where the Democrats have find themselves in a big problem because they are forced to defend the indefensible. As I've regularly characterized it. I mean, they scream at Elon Musk and they call them the devil and three forms of evil. They're attacking Tesla dealerships and what has been a well organized campaign. But why are they attacking him? All the illustrations of fraud, waste, and abuse that he's uncovered, they're defending that, and out there, someone right now is going, yeah, they are defending that. It's because it's been a main source of income funding left winging organizations. Now and unknown to the American taxpayer, their funding sources are drying up, which good anyway. Over a two day period, According to Department of Government Efficiency in a release yesterday, over two day period, two hundred and thirty nine were described as wasteful contracts with the ceiling value of one point seven billion dollars have been terminated, including a grant intended to teach transgender and queer urban farmers about quote food justice close quote As you sit there and hear that, you have any concept of what that might mean. First off, I don't know how big specifically that monetary grant is, but how many transgender and queer urban farmers do you think exist in this country? Three is I'm making this stuff up. Apparently, the elimination of these contracts represents the savings of four hundred million dollars to the American taxpayer. Corn of the Doge tweet. Among them included eight point five million dollars consulting contract for quote, fiscal stewarts. Listen, listen to this psychobabble again. If you have any idea what this means, please let me know. Fiscal stewardship to improve management and program operations in order to drive innovation and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business services, rethink, realign and reskill the workforce, and enhance program delivery through a number of transform transformational initiatives. Close quote. They threw eight point five million dollars at that psychobabble. Nonsense, And I'm sure someone's probably just sitting at home through all this period of time where all these grants are flowing out, just making stuff up.
Speaker 9: I got it. I got it.
Speaker 2: A grant for transgender and queer urban farmers for food justice. Oh what does food justice mean?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: Shut up? It sounds good, doesn't it. It sounds woke. We'll get a grant don't stand in my Way. Early in the week, dough announced National Institutes for Health canceled multiple federal grants relating to trans and sexual identity, including almost seven hundred thous dollars for studying quote cannabis use among sexual minority gender diverse individuals, six hundred and twenty thousand dollars for quote an LGB plus What happened to q an LGB plus Inclusive team pregnancy prevention program for transgender boys. I mentioned that one earlier in the week, And how is it that you need a pregnancy program? A pregnancy program is a pregnancy program if you're gonna have sex h and you're gonna get pregnant, meaning you, of course are a double X chromosome and a woman that has the appropriate equipment to get pregnant and just date the baby. You're in the same group of people. You're if you're a transgender boy. It's the same thing. It's the same learning and education materials. One other contract included tw hundred and twenty five thousand dollars in federal funds for the University of Colorado to study quote the effects of hormones on headaches in transmasculine adolescens. Close quote. That's one of those mangalaike experiments. We got young people and they're developing, and we're going to interfere with their hormone production because somebody told them they were actually a girl and not a boy. This past Wednesday, Agricultural Secretary Brook Rollins pointed out that three hundred and seventy nine thousand US Department of Agriculture grant in the San Francisco Bay Area to educate queer, trans and bipoc urban farmers. I think this goes back to the one I just mentioned earlier and consumers about food justice and values aligned markets. Again, I don't even know what this stuff means, but you're working for it. According to Brook Rollins, the Agriculture Secretary, by stopping this wasteful spending here at USDA, we are ending identity politics and we are refocusing our agency on its core mission of supporting American farming, ranching, and forestry. Thank you very much, all five urban farmers that they found that are transgender. Whatever their bubblegut burst, let's se what Steve's got this morning. Steve, thanks for calling the Morning Show. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 11: Oh you're always in a bad mood on Friday.
Speaker 6: I'll try not to. I'll try not.
Speaker 11: To get you any more angry. Here a couple of comments, none of them related, of course, but you mentioned the government spending, and it's really sad that nobody cared about this for decades, that so much of this could have been just somebody, you know. It's like, this is this is what we are elected to take care of the people's money. Let's be real careful with it. And I can't. I just when you mentioned the you know, the cost of the grant for whatever transgender urban or whatever it was, what would one of their scarecrows look like? I mean, how would they dress it, by the way, but forget about that. I mean, would it be a man scarecrow dressed as a woman. But it doesn't matter. But remember that the Chinese spy balloon that the Biden administration leent just for days across the United States. And then after that they started launching these, you know, from fighter jets. They were shooting these sidewinder missiles at like little kids party balloons that got away from a birthday party. And these were multi million dollar missiles they were using to and they did like three of these after the fact. So don't don't shoot down the spy balloon, but shoot down the little you know, weather balloons and all the you know, the little ba in your backyard scientists sending up whatever. It's just amazing how they throw money away. That that's my one comment. My second comment. And I live in Independence, Kentucky, so Thomas Massey is my representative. I have voted for him many times. I'm in and I'll continue and I'm very happy with them. But sometimes you got to play the game. In other words, I'm gonna lump together people that don't seem to be related. But you got Ran Paul, you got Thomas Massey, you got Donald Trump, you got AOC. What are they all? Well, they're all outsiders, but they're really not. They were outsiders. But once you've held that office and you keep getting elected and re elected, you're really not an outsider anymore. And Massey, you got to play the game a little bit. And I know things worked out and he said they would, and things always worked out. But sometimes it's like you are now like Donald Trump, you're a politician. Now I don't care, you know, I don't care that you are a business and massy too. You know, you're a politician too. You know, you're you're you know whatever their dart is rubbing off on you, so you're you're Even though you're not one hundred percent born of them, you kind of are one of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I can agree with you on that necessarily because Mancy is a man of principle. He has constitutionally based principles and he follows them and he doesn't waver from them, unlike other politicians who do waiver from those policies and do capitulate and do overspend and do protect their pet turf. That will be more along the political realm that you're talking about, But there are standouts that fly in the face of that, and they're consistent with it. They're few and far between, but at least they're people of principle. AOC is a woman of principle. I guess I just think her principles are batcrap insane, but she stands by them, you know, And I guess maybe you've got to give her credit for it on some level. But I don't think this cr You make it sound like a good thing. I don't think it's a good idea for what Massy explained. It keeps us at these outrageous spending levels. It increases our defense spending. We've already got eight and fifty billion dollars annually going to it. It just perpetuates the industrial machine complex and protects a lot of unnecessary military projects that we could cut out and wouldn't have to fund and therefore wouldn't have to increase the military's budget. And we're broke.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, yeah, but occasionally you have to say I agree with ninety five percent of what this person's doing. Donald Trump, well, Elon Musk. They both want this, They want things. You know, they're going in a certain direction. This is something they.
Speaker 2: Vast and that direction is to maintain funding levels and spending levels from the Biden days, which are sinking us or which are furthering our problem. That's the point here.
Speaker 11: I understand that that's the.
Speaker 2: Politician is that's the politician part. It's like ignoring the broader problem and continuing it and perpetuating it. Someone's got to say no and point out why they're saying no, which is what yes, he did, and I can't fault him for that.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, you and I can agree to disagree on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you're right and I'm wrong.
Speaker 11: That's okay. One other thing, real quick, is you got this the person with the mental health organization from the other day. I guess it's the community or something, and they're they're like on some advisory board and they identify as a turtle. Now can you know what the heck?
Speaker 9: Can?
Speaker 12: I mean?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 11: And I think you had that in the stack of stupid yesterday.
Speaker 2: I believe it was.
Speaker 11: It's I guess if you can be a different gender, you know, can I identify as a ten year old?
Speaker 2: Knock yourself out to according to the according to the AOC world gain around me.
Speaker 11: Have to treat me like a ten year old?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 11: Do I get taken care of again? Do I find out what's for dinner when I get home?
Speaker 2: There are people on Social Security disability who are adults who are pretend to be babies. They are full grown adults.
Speaker 11: I remember the guy that built a baby crib. I remember that.
Speaker 2: There you go, And yes, you can identify as a turtle if you want. Just don't expect Brian Thomas to believe you're a turtle. Six nineteen fifty five. Kers to the Detoxtation Affordable Imaging Services to get your echo cardiogram right away. You don't have to wait. It's your heart at issue here. And if you go to the hospital imaging department, they may put you off for several weeks, maybe a month because they backlog, and you know it's expensive to do it at the hospital. It's going to cost you thirty five hundred dollars. Maybe you have to pay extra for the board certified radiologists report and Affordable imaging services. They'll get you right in and it's only five hundred bucks without an enhancement eight hundred dollars with mri CT scans ultrasounds, literally a small fraction of what the hospital imaging department costs. Now, don't expect a lot of overhead. It's low overhead. But they have the same equipment hospitals use, they have medical professionals operating, and they've been doing it for decades. And you'll save a heap load of money. And your bottom line is important, at least it is in my world. So exercise your choice, call them up, schedule the appointment five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Every image comes with the price. The board Certified Radiologist reupport, which you and your doctor will both get within forty eight hours five one three seven five three eight thousand online line. Learn more at Affordable Medimaging dot Com.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Power Ieheart Radiocom.
Speaker 2: Channel nine.
Speaker 11: Weather.
Speaker 2: We have a mostly sundy day to day high a seventy eight cloudy every night down of forty nine. Got rain and scattered thunderstorms Tomorrow morning a middle day dry stretch. I have seventy one rain shows up late afternoon and over Saturday night could be we have one of two inches of rain, gusty winds or expected severe weather. Fifty four overnight rain parts our company. Sunday morning, we have a high of fifty eight fifty right now time for traffic.
Speaker 6: Or not.
Speaker 2: Six twenty four at fifty five KERO see the talk station. Happy Friday. We got some great plans this weekend. Uh, let us see how David's with an ooh yeah, David apparently does real quick here. Since we're talking tech. Friday dayve had he coming up? Next, Republicans launch a legislation introduced by Senator Tom Cotton, the Guarding American Technology from Exploitation Act the Gate Act, which will prohibit foreign scientists from China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, and Cuba from visiting or working at the Department of Energy national laboratories. There are seventeen labs that are overseen by that department, and according to Cotton's office, in twenty twenty three alone, around forty thousand foreign scientists access these labs, with nearly eight thousand of them from China and Russia. That means one in five every five foreign scientists entering America's top labs comes from the most dangerous foreign adversaries whose are not American citizens. They are well potentially Chinese Communist Party members. And you can make book if there's a Chinese from China, not a Chinese born citizen here in America who might hold American values, but if they're from China, they are wed and married to the Chinese Communist Party. They also are stealing our talent too. There's an actual plan from this. China has the thousand talents plan to take our best and brightest, after they've been American educated, and hire them away. One company one report from twenty twenty one Strider Technologies report found at least one hundred and sixty two scientists who had work at Los Alamos National Laboratory, home to the development of the world's first atomic bomb, were poached by Beijing to work in its military programs over the past several decades. Just scratching the service of the information in the article. But that's frightening that we do allow that, And you kind of wonder whether there's any security clearances related to that, and I would argue probably not. Six twenty six I fifty five CAREC the talk stations Stick Around Tech Fredai with Dave Hadter coming up after I mentioned Emery Federal Credit Union. A better way to bank learn the benefits of the bank can by going to EMORYFCU dot org, where you can also learn about the scholarship program they're offering. If you're a member with Emery, you're going to college this fall on a two or four year full time you or a family member apply for the scholarship. So if two four year college full time student, that's what applies. There are other restrictions like you got to get the application in postmark by March thirty first, But good opportunity to get some money for college, and who couldn't need it for who couldn't use that EMERYFCU dot org an them a list number four zero one zero. It's seven federally insured by NCUA. They are an equal housing.
Speaker 5: Lender fifty five KRC six thirty.
Speaker 2: You know what that time means on a Friday, It's time for tech Friday with day who had to route you by interest? I current the business, currently the best in the business when it comes to your company's computer needs. Get in touch with them, find thement online and interust it dot com. Welcome back. There's always a pleasure to have you on my program sir.
Speaker 9: Always good to be here, Brian. I look forward to it every Friday, and I hope we're doing some good out there.
Speaker 2: A man, get your ten foil hot on. Yeah, the FBI has another warning. Now what is this one all about?
Speaker 9: Well, sadly, Brian, they never end, No, they don't. And you know, I for small businesses, you know, really any business, but for small businesses and government agencies and so forth, I strongly encourage people to sign up for the f bi's newsletter Slash Advisory Alerts. And same thing FORCIS the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. You know, they both agencies and in some cases will put out joint advisories and so forth, put out lots of useful information that will help you, as a as a business owner, business executive, elected official, etc. Understand what's really happening on there. So you don't have to take my word for it. You can see what your own government that you're paying for is seeing and telling you is happening. So, with that said, there's an advisory about ransomware. Apparently there's a ransomware group and they come up with these names. Sometimes the name refers to the ransomware itself, Sometimes it refers to the ransomware groups. Sometimes they're kind of lumped together. But there's this this ghost ransomware I'm just gonna call it ransomware roaming around out there. It's really nasty. It has and we've talked about this before, this double extortion effect, and so just so everyone understands, ransomware is software that is designed to get installed on as many of your devices as possible and then primarily encrypt the data, scramble the data up so that you can't access the data, which crashes the systems, makes them unusable. And then you know, if you don't have a good backup and a good restore process, some kind of business continuity. Ideally, you've got a big problem on your hands because the only way you can get your data back and thus your systems operational and your organization functional, is to pay the ransom. So that's extortion angle number one. They got smart over time and realized that because more and more people are listening to folks like me and the FBI and so forth, people are installing systems and technologies and tools not only to defend themselves against the ransomware, but to be positioned to recover quickly in the event that they get ransomware. So it's harder to get people to pay the ransoms. So they steal your data. So it's a two step attack. I get the ransomware in your environment somehow, lots of different ways that can happen. I encrypt your data, I steal your data while I'm encrypting it. And then when you say, well, yeah, I'm not going to pay the ransom because I have a backup, that's nice. Then they threaten to, you know, to release extort you by releasing your data.
Speaker 12: On the internet.
Speaker 9: And this has happened many times, and people think this sounds far fetched. I mean it's well documented and in fact, Brian in one case, this shows you the creativity. You know, the SEC for public companies change their rules around when you have to report. It's a K eight you have to report a cyber attack. In one instance, a company got hacked, they didn't pay the ransom. The ransomware hackers actually reported them to the SEC for not finding the appropriate forms. How about that. That's a true story, as crazy as that may sound. So it just goes to show you it's almost always about money. You know, they'll take your data too because it has value, but they want to get your money. In most cases, unless it's a nation state actor that's either looking to a steal your trade secrets and military secrets or b create chaos, it's mostly about money. It will steal your money if you make it easy. The FBI is warned about it again. In this case, they're saying that this particular group, rather than try to use phishing attacks and so forth, are looking for vulnerabilities in your software. It speaks to why it's so incredibly important to make sure that you a have an asset inventory of everything in your network, all the hardware, all the software, all the users, etc. You can't protect things if you don't know you have them, and then b you have to update the software. And if you have software and devices that can't be updated, you're asking for this kind of attack. The advisory points out several and what we nerds like to call common vulnerability enumerations. These are specific known vulnerabilities, and in most cases they have a fix for them. But you know, businesses don't know it might be difficult to patch the system because it breaks things. So again, I'm not suggesting it's trivial or easy to deal with this, but here's the thing, Brian. In many of these cases, if you're working with a company like Intrust, you can find that where your vulnerabilities are, understand the risk associated with those vulnerabilities, and then either ignore it because it's not a risk, or fix it and avoid these kinds of problems. Because when you get a ransomware attack like this, A, depending on what type of ransomware it is and how much ransom they want, you know, even if you pay the ransom, you may not get your data back. B they may have stolen your data. And see in some cases, depending on where this organization that's stealing your corrupting your data and stealing your money. Is it might be illegal to pay them, right, you may have a new problem with the US federal government because there are certain places you can't send money to. Right. So ideally, yeah, ideally you want to defend against this. It's not possible to block every conceivable way this can happen. So you also then need a good strategy and plan.
Speaker 2: To recover, which is what interest it does.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and sign up for these sign up for these advisories. People. Get the information, whether you know, even if you don't want to work with Interrust for whatever reason, You've got your own it guy, you got another vendor, you work with it you like, Hey, great, Get the information so you can understand your risk and make risk informed decisions to protect your organization before this happens to you, because eventually they will find you. They will find a flaw, they will exploit it if you're not taking these things seriously and not defending against them.
Speaker 2: Be proactive. Let's bring gade back talk about artificial intelligence scanning our photos for what they describe as sensitive conduct or content. Rather and also be proactive and surely safety of your home by contacting Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove. You know, anytime's a good time to have your chimney inspector. Just do it annually. And the folks at Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove A Plus or the Better Business Bureau have been locally own and operated since nineteen ninety eight and they can do this at any time. But right now they got a special going on. To have that chimney inspector for my wood burners out there would burning sweep and evaluation. Just one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax I'll do a thorough inspection with a video camera sweep it, of course, check for cracks in the lining, water damage, et cetera. You'll let peace of mind knowing you can use it when the time is appropriate. You won't get a chimney fire and everything's clean and has been thoroughly assessed. To book your appointment online, you can go to Chimneycareco dot com learn more about what they offer in the services as well as the products on their showroom, or call them so you've got Chimneycareco dot com or five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight rather ninety six hundred fifty five car the talk station a U line. The prevailing opinion is it's forty if it's about KCD talk station. Brian Thomas with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter, interest it dot com to prevent problems with your business computer systems, moving over a new Android feature scanning our photos. What's this all about, Dave Hatter?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, Brian, now you know, for full transparency, I always like to point out to people that I am not a fan of Alphabet, which is the parent company of Google, right, And this is just another example of why many remember, if they're old people like me who've been doing this for a long time, when Google first hit the scene, they had a motto that was something along the lines of don't be evil, and you may notice they got rid of that a long time, and you never hear them say that. And uh, you know, they're often accused of privacy washing, which is this idea of saying that you're for privacy when you really are doing things against it. And to me, this is just yet another example of that. And I also want to be really clear to folks, all of these big tech companies, in their own way have their own issues they're collecting your data. They're doing a variety of different things with it, because your data has value. It has value to them for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is to better understand you and sell you more stuff on behalf of themselves and others, and to sell that data. So I'm not saying that no one else out there is doing anything like.
Speaker 2: This, but your favorite pet peeve, because they're the biggest offender.
Speaker 9: If they're not the biggest defender, they're certainly tied at the top.
Speaker 2: They're working on it.
Speaker 9: They're good at dark patterns and privacy washing. And yet here's another So Android is the operating system they make for mobile phones. You know, they make their own phones, and then you know other folks make phones that run Android. It's the main competitor to iOS, which is Apple's you know, mobile operating system. So they rolled out a new update and it's really interesting the way it's went, and I just I want to work back into this. So and I'll post all this in my notes from the show so people can go see this for themselves, because there's a step by step guide. If you have an Android phone, again, I would tell you while Apple is not flawless. They have their problems. You'd be much better off on an Apple device at this point. They're step by step instructions in the ZD in that article how to remove this Android system safety Core, which is what it's called. It's called and it rolled out an Android nine. So here is a direct quote from the article. As one Google play Store customer said, quote, no consent given, install could not be paused or stopped. I watched it install itself on my phone on January twenty second, twenty twenty five, couldn't pause, canceling, and it did all of that over the mobile network. My setting's never downloaded or installed anything unless some are set to never download anything unless I'm on Wi Fi. Description tells you nothing. Permissions are for virtually everything. And then the article goes on to say Safety Court doesn't have an icon, doesn't show up on the usual list of running applications. You only find the service by digging deep into the settings. Apps show system processes. So those two things alone, Now again you're taking the word of someone that posted something online. I'm going to assume the editors and whoever wrote this article researched this sum You know, they did say in their own words, this thing doesn't show up. So you get this installed and the idea. Now, I will admit if you if you understand what they claim it's doing, that it pass potentially some value. But my problem with so many of these things, Brian, is you never have a fully informed consent of the user. If you, on your own device, as an adult, decide that you want to do X, Y or z, and you under what that means, what it's doing and how that could impact you, and you say, I'm okay with that, Well, I'm okay with that. That's on you. But my issue with so many of these things is, you know, you get this and the premise is that it's going to scan content on your local device. It claims it's not sending it to Google.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 9: Looking for let's just say, unsavory content. And for example, if you were going to send a nude photo to someone, it could scan that photo and then warn you through a quote sensitive content warning.
Speaker 6: They say here.
Speaker 9: Sensitive content Warning Optional feature blurs images that may contain nudity before viewing them and prompts with a speed bump that helps you understand why you might not want to send that I'm paraphrasing a bit. Okay, I could see where that is at least potentially reasonable, and especially for kids who might be getting sucked into a sex stortion thing or being manipulated by a predator. Okay, but when you don't even know this is on your phone and it's scanning your content. Now they claim it's not sending that to their servers, and maybe it's not today, but it could be tomorrow. And at some future point, could you get a knock on your door because of this feature from law enforcement because of some photo that you have, Well maybe, and I know that may sound far fetched to people, but the idea that they would plug this in not really explain what it is, I would argue from what I'm reading here, because you know, I don't have an Android phone to test this, Brian, you know that they're doing it in a surreptitious way where you don't understand what you're getting, and it's scanning content on your device. You know, at least if it's doing what they truly claim and it's only scanning this stuff locally and not sending it to their servers, that's that's a huge step in the right direction. But the idea that they would do this without telling you, and that you as a user wouldn't understand this. It's just a bridge too far from me.
Speaker 2: Another example, and they could updreak the software and then make it just send it out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, they could step by step instructions out there to get rid of it. If you have an Android phone, you know again, I'll post that later in my notes. I encourage people, if you have an Android phone, look into this and then decide for yourself whether a you at least want to disable or be maybe it's time to switch.
Speaker 2: Him into that. Coming up next, a hack via Bluetooth. One more with Dave had Ter in Tech Friday Gaate to Heaven Cemetery of Montgomery. That's a great place to go to meditate, to relax, to chill, to reflect, to pray. It's a beautiful, beautiful setting, especially with springtime coming. They got these gorgeous, gorgeous trees and landscaping and flowers and the pathways. Take a nice stroll through the park and you know, contemplate life and clear your head. It's you know, comfort and peace in this quiet reverence surroundings, and it's open to everyone. Gat to Heaven Cemetery in Montgomery, ministering to the tri State for more than seventy seven years, honoring life on sacred ground. Learn more. Go to Gateofheaven dot org.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRT nine.
Speaker 2: Fifty bove KERCD talk station full half hour with Tech Friday's Dave out to talk to you for an hour day. It would be easy to do. There's so much stuff on your plate, man, we hardly can never get through it. But moving over, we've got bluetooth hack.
Speaker 9: Now, yeah, let me. I'm going to bounce around on this a little bit, Brian, because I want to want to show a pattern here that you and I have tried to point out many times over the years, but it just gets clear every day. So Ubiquitous ESP thirty two microchip, made by Chinese manufacturer Expressive and used by over one billion units as of twenty twenty three, contains undocumented commands that could be leveraged for attack. So that's a direct quote from an article and Bleeping Computer. You read the headline, now, keyword Chinese manufacturer, key phrase. Now, let me hit a couple other headlines and then come back to this and maybe we can get to some of these next week, China's old typhoon hackers dwelled in US electric grid for three hundred days. Chinese cyber espionage jumps one hundred and fifty percent, CrowdStrike fines. US congressional panel urges Americans to ditch China made routers, especially TP link, which is the most popular brand of route. I think think Wi Fi router or home networking device. You see a pattern here yet, Brian, Yes, I do. I thought you might. So if we get back to the article at hand, thow and this backdoor and Bluetooth. So Bluetooth most people probably at least have a basic conception of what it is. It's been around for a long time. It's a wireless technology that allows relatively short term connections between devices. It's super handy because it makes it really easy to connect devices. So whether it's you know, your phone to an external speaker, or your phone to some kind of ear pods, or your phone to a car, you know, your computer to a speaker, right, anything that supports Bluetooth, usually within a relatively short range of fifty feet or less, that's a you know, it varies widely, but idea is without needing any cables, I can just connect to devices and they can share information. I use it every days. Most of your listeners probably do too, maybe they don't even realize it. So Bluetooth is almost ubiquitous at this point. It's baked into just about any kind of modern device that might need to connect to something else, which is just about everything at this point. And you know, they point out further in this article that this particular chip, this ESP thirty two Tar Logic Security. This is a research firm that discover this detected a backdoor in THEESP thirty two microcontroller that enables Wi Fi and Bluetooth connections and is present in millions of mass market Internet of things devices. Internet of things my favorite thing to dump on because this is now again this is just recently discovered. But the vast majority of your so called smart devices, your smart coffee maker, TV refrigerator, whatever is, are privacy and security dumpster fires. They're designed for speed to market, of use, and market share. They're not designed for your privacy or security. And people are buying these things, they're plugging them in without understanding how they work, how to configure them correctly, how to update the software. We just talked a minute ago about how critical it is to update the software in your devices and how critical that is. They don't know how to do that, and now you find you have a chip. These researchers found twenty nine undocumented commands, which basically mean that these commands could be exploited and it gets into some real nerdy stuff when you dig down into it, but could be exploited to do things like potentially takeover a device, send data to places that you don't understand. Again, they point out in there, it's not necessarily malicious. It's possible this is code that was left over for some sort of testing or something. But in my mind it points out two things. We've got to get really serious about these Internet of things devices and what they're capable of, and the fact that they're exploding rapidly and people are creating these possible holes in their personal and their organizational networks that could be exploited to possibly catastrophic consequences. And then b we need to stop buying these sorts of devices that we're coming from adversarial nations like China, because you know, again, this might not be nefarious, but it could be exploited in the various ways and As we add more and more of these things, Brian, the risk just keeps going up. And I'm constantly telling people and people laugh at me all the time. You know, you're a smart coffee maker. Do you think mister coffee, first off, why do you need that? Secondarily, do you think mister coffee is putting out updates for the vulnerabilities that will eventually be found in that software two or three years from now? Of course they're not.
Speaker 2: It's a vehicle to hack into something else on your WiFi as it is. Yeah, I mean you've pointed that out so many times, and it's.
Speaker 9: Documented, Brian. You don't have to take my word for it. There are hackers that have documented this and have videos showing you how they've hacked various so called smart devices like your coffee maker. So I'm not saying there's never a case where you should buy any of this stuff, although I can tell you I have none of it, and you know, over time it will mature and hopefully the shift will focus more on privacy and security. But until that happens, you are asking to get hacked. I mean, it's just that simple, especially if the device is older, because I can guarantee you they're not updating it, and even if they are, do you know how to do it? Are you sure it's getting done? We need to stop buying this stuff.
Speaker 2: The risk is very high versus whatever perceived benefit you're going to get from it. Yeah, Dave hat or interest it dot com. I appreciate you and your companies sponsoring the very valuable segment the information you provide. It's a wonderful benefit for my listeners. I'll look forward to another segment next Friday, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 9: My friend, always my pleasure, Brian, Thanks to you and Joe and all your listeners, and I'll look forward to chatting with you next week.
Speaker 2: All right, take care brother. Six fifty five coming up off top of the our news Dave Williams, Taxpayer Protection Alliance's thought on the Trump, the rest of Congress, and a message to Doge. Once you take a look at the post office, Dave Williams.
Speaker 12: Next, a full rundown and the biggest ten lines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you a fact now Americans should know. Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by True Grain.
Speaker 2: Seven six in a very happy Friday to you, Brian Thomas. Always always happy when I see in the rundown, our good friend from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, which you can find online in Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Welcome back to the fifty five kr SE Morning Show, Dave Williams. Good to have you on this morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Brian, and don't look at the sock market. Yeah, that's my first word of advice for today is you know, listen to a lot of people panic right when they see the market going down, and it's always a good bet to invest in the market. And yes, people are kind of struggling right now, but you know, always play the long game here and don't panic.
Speaker 8: Don't panic.
Speaker 2: I've been through these ups and downs. I'm going to be sixty in September, so I've been through it a lot. You know, I've been investing in four to one case since I had my first full time job as a lawyer, and you know, I just don't pay attention to it, honestly, because it's not worth the indigestion. And over the long haul, it's all worked out quite well in spite of the always temporary downturns. Always I say that with a bit of hesitation, because you know, someday they if people aren't interested in purchasing our debt anymore, we're going to have a real problem on our hands. And I just sort of see that day coming closer and closer, which is a real concern. So the addressed to Congress, Trum's addressed to Congress. Let's start there, because there was a lot of good there was some mixed reaction stuff, and of course, as you point out in your analysis of it at tax Payer Protection Lines, some bad stuff, at least from the perception of your group, and I understand why. So let's start with some of the good things. And I want to fast forward, moving away from the World Health Organization though the green news scam, which I agree it is a scam. Trump's all the above energy policy and just released this week the EPA really making some significant changes in terms of like greenhouse gas emissions that really aren't.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there's a lot to unpack here when you talk about the green news scam, and really it's you know, electric vehicles, it's I mean the trillions of dollars and I'm not overstating this that has been really cordoned off for green energy. We're talking about EV subsidies, we're talking about loans, we're talking about really just giveaways to green energy. And if green energy is going to be a part of the energy portfolio, it needs to survive on its own age. We're not saying not get we're not saying get rid of wind and solar, but if it's part of it, no government subsidies, no taxpayer subsidies. And I think, you know, that's where there's a little bit of disconnect I think with people is that they really hate these new energy things.
Speaker 8: Well, don't hate them, just don't subsidize them.
Speaker 13: But I like what Trump is doing and saying no more EV subsidies, and we have to claw back all these green energy subsidies.
Speaker 2: And no more mandates. The mandates of the reason the subsidies are in place. If you mean, if the product could survive on it, so own it to be something the public demands and they would want it. In other words, I want a car with massive off the line torque. Then you want an AFTERC vehicle. Fine, you've got a zero to sixteen less than two seconds by yourself, a Tesla plaid. But if that's not important to you and you really don't mind your internal combustion engine. I'd stick with that because that's what I do, and that's what I like. I want them to be available and I want to be able to have the choice myself.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 13: And it really dovetails into what we talk about the EPA and really having less of a footprint. You know, it's funny because they talk about a carbon footprint. What I want is less of is a government footprint on business, on individuals. I mean, that's my goal for amenaking the government footprint. And you know, when you talk about regulations, you talk about permitting, the permitting process. It's not just about the bureaucracy. It's about allowing companies to do what they want to do and to be able to prosper and to build and to grow because the government is preventing businesses from flourishing, from expanding, and that's what the EPA does is stopping this.
Speaker 8: We have a many energy revolution happening in this country.
Speaker 13: You have companies that are building nuclear power plants and going with nuclear power to power their data centers like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, all of them right because they see this as the future of energy and nuclear energy is renewable, and the left hates to hear that. They hate to hear that nuclear energy is renewable, but it absolutely is and really could solve a.
Speaker 8: Lot of our energy problems.
Speaker 13: And the product sector again is taking the lead on this and saying, yes, we need to embrace nuclear.
Speaker 8: Energy to help reduce energy costs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Amazon just these past fall announced that they have signed contracts in multiple states for these small modular reactors, which were a revolution in nuclear technology. It produces a massive amount of small of power and a very small footprint and they're just just amazing. I think this is the revolution and thanks to these giant tech companies embracing it conceptually and actually moving forward with investments in and I think that's going to allow us, the unwashed masses they have access to it too, and it'd be less resistance than nuclear power generally speaking.
Speaker 13: Well, and I think that a lot of people's mindset, they're stuck in the nineteen seven Oh yeah, when it comes to nuclear power, they think of three mile I only think of these things. We are way beyond that. And again, like you said, these tech companies are leaving the way in this. So it's really fascinating to say, if we see more of this deployment in the coming years.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A couple other highlights the extension of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act from twenty seventeen. They're gonna have to get their work done on that one because it's going to expire at least when I'm looking looking at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. You've got a countdown clock to that. We have two hundred and ninety two days to get that done. So and then DOGE. All the work DOJ is doing just revealing to the American public how wasteful they are with our money, just across the board, whether it's fraud, waste abuse, just stupid programs like transgender urban farmer programs. I mean, give me a break. It's just mind boggling, and that left is being forced to defend the indefensible.
Speaker 13: This is the crazy part, Brian, is that you have people like Chuck Schumer who are complaining about dog and it's like, well, you know, we want to cut spending.
Speaker 2: No you don't know, you don't.
Speaker 8: You have never offered an amendment, you have never offered any.
Speaker 13: Piece of legislation to cut spending, to look at wastefle spending. So what Doge is doing is I want to say it's revolutionary, but it's not because Rand Paul has been doing this for years, that's been putting that reports on wastefle spending. Now it's institutionalized and we're hearing a lot more about it.
Speaker 8: And I love this discussion.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 13: Hasn't been perfect, has execution been perfect, Absolutely not, But it's a discussion that we haven't had in this country, a sustained discussion. I mean, we've been talking about this for months now. We haven't had that for a very long time. And it's so healthy to talk about getting rid of these programs and you know us AID that you know the crazy things that are being funded through us AI. D Yes, let's get rid of them. And let's do it now. You know, Speaker of Mike Johnson, you know when you pass a continuing resolution, offer some of these spendings.
Speaker 2: Exactly, let's get the ball rolling.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: T is time is, the clock is ticking.
Speaker 2: Indeed, he did mention about balancing the federal budget. But then Trump always comes out and says, I Am not going to touch so security, Medicare, Medicaid, which are the biggest problems we have on our hands. Someone is going to have to deal with that mess. They're unsustainable and they're on a trajectory to collapse on themselves, and everyone keeps saying no, no, no, we're not going to touch I'm not going to touch them. So I believe in ferreting out the fraud, waste, and abuse is a great first step, but the programs themselves are going to have to be reorganized.
Speaker 8: They will, Brian.
Speaker 13: I think Trump has a unique opportunity here because he's probably not running again. I mean, he talks about a third term, but you know he's not going to run again. So why not have this difficult discussion now because it's not going to hurt him politically, Because I mean, this is it right, So this is the time to do it if you are president, is to have these difficult but necessary discussions because like you said, this is trillions of dollars in taxpayers spending that we need to bring under control, and there's ways to do it. And I know people don't like to hear the p word privatization, but if I am allowed to invest my own.
Speaker 2: Money, I know not I know, give me the option.
Speaker 13: We're not saying this mandatory, Bryan, We're saying give me the option if I want part of my social security to go into a private fund, I should be able.
Speaker 6: To do that.
Speaker 2: Amen. And the tariff, you and I can agree the terrorists aren't necessarily a good thing, and I know that's one of the things you labeled under the bad Trump loves them. Yeah, I understand reciprocal tarifts that they're taxing our stuff or tariffing our things, and why wouldn't we go to tariff on theirs? Obviously it's has an inflationary reality. But when you're using terriffs to get another country to do something that you wanted to do that it doesn't want to do, then we run into some real problems because then they do reciprocal tariffs and it becomes a downward spiral.
Speaker 13: Right, and companies don't pay taxes. Consumers do it, right, higher prices. So that's the problem is that this is going to get passed on to the consumer and that's the last thing that we want. So you understand what he's trying to do, but it's not working because we've seen prices skyrocket and when you talk about he's going to delay them for a month, Well, you can't build a manufacturing base in a month.
Speaker 8: If you say we're going to delay auto tariffs or whatever tariffs, you can't.
Speaker 13: Build that whole manufacturing base in a month to make sure it's produced in the US.
Speaker 8: So it's just it's not feasible.
Speaker 2: Well, let's pausitive seven to fifteen. We'll bring back Dave Williams from the tax payer protection lines. We'll talk about Hey, Doge, why don't you take a look at the post office? Maybe the other couple of points from the Trump address.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: First, though, I strongly recommend you get in touch with John Ryan. His company is Prestigian Tiriris. You will be working with John and Prestisianteririers does kitchen remodeling. They did our kitchen remodeling projects so many years ago. Just love it, absolutely love it still to this day. Spend all our time in the kitchen, so much time in the kitchen. It's the heart of your home. And I bet you're the same way. Why not have a kitchen that you just simply love being in. You do a small project or a big project, got the whole thing and start from scratch. John is with you from initial design to final installation. He's been doing kitchens for more than thirty or thirty five years, so trust me, he knows what he is doing. A plus with a BBB, you're working with the right man. You'll really like him too. He's just a sweet and pleasant guy to work with. Find him online. Check it all out of Prestige one two three dot com, Prestige one two three dot com and you call him, please tell them. Brian said Hi at five one three two four seven zero two two nine fifty five KRC the talk station how Er eheard RADIOA jennen Ian says, We've got a sunny day today with the highest seventy eight overnight, some clouds forty nine for the low highest seventy one Tomorrow. Rain in the mornings gotter thunderstorms included. We get a dry stretch in the middle of the day. The rain returns late in the afternoon heavy rain two gustie winds as well. Overnight low is Saturday fifty four and high fifty eight on Sunday and rain parts our company in the morning fifty degrees.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 2: Traffic time.
Speaker 14: From the UC Health Traffic Center when it comes to stroke every second counts. That's why the uc Health Comprehensive Strokes Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Some emergency repairs are happening to two seventy five eastbound after New Richmond. The roadway is down to one lane scheduled through Monday. Plan for just the left lane to be opened, and that will have you using some caution and adjusting your speed. I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's seven twenty and a happy Friday to year. Brian time us here with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance online at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. I could line up a list of your big favorite pet thieves day after all the years we've talked and in the street cars is number one? You and I always have a go about. That is a colossal waste of taxpayer dollars. And I can't figure out whether number two is taxpayer funded stadiums or the post office.
Speaker 8: Oh man, that's that's tough, Brian. Let's put them at its high at number two.
Speaker 2: Tie at number two, right next to taxpayer funded stadiums, the United States Postal System, which literally loses billions and billions, and every single year for as long as you and I have been talking, they lose billions of dollars. I mean, a business model that should work, a business model that should be flexible, like any other business. If nobody's mailing letters like they used to, then you're gonna have to cut back the size of your business or come up with an alternative business model that will help you continue to be proper cofittable. But they never are profitable.
Speaker 8: No, they're not, And they're a monopoly. You have a you have a mailbox.
Speaker 13: Nobody can put anything in that mailbox except the Postal Service. It is against the law for any other company to put anything into your mailbox. You know, it's funny the Federal Trade Commissioned Department of Justice, they talk about these monopolies and anti trust and breaking up these big companies, break up the post Office. I mean, they they're not looking at the most obvious monopoly that's out there, and that's the post Office. And again they're losing billions.
Speaker 8: Of dollars a year. I would love to have a monopoly business, wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like printing money. You would think, well, and I guess, I guess it's mentioned in the in the Constitution, if I recall correctly, I guess they're not required to break even. At least they know they're going to get some sort of federal bailout. I mean, is that what this comes down to.
Speaker 8: Exactly?
Speaker 13: And you know it really over the past few years since COVID that they've gotten tens and tens of billions of taxpayer dollars. Now, they've always gotten taxpayer dollars in the fact that they don't have to pay taxes, they don't pay tax on gasoline for their trucks, so they've always gotten a really good deal from the taxpayers. But it's really the checks have been written over the last five or six years, specifically for the post office.
Speaker 2: Well, what seems to be the problem here is it just the fact that well, again I think this problems existed since before the Internet showed up and people were still mailing letters. But that obviously has compounded their problems because fewer and fewer people are mailing things. I think on a daily basis, if I get something substantive, maybe an actual bill or something that requires my attention, it's ninety percent just junk mails what I call it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's poor management, it really is, from top to bottom. And Congress has just punted every time when they've looked at postal reform, look at Saturday delivery. If we got rid of Saturday delivery, that would save two billion dollars a year. And I really don't believe people would notice if Saturday delivery went away, if you had to wait till Monday to get your mail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't get mail on Sundays.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, we get packages on Sundays from the Post Office because they have a deal with Amazon to make sure that packages are delivered on Sunday, and that increases the cost. So it's estimated that each package that is delivered by the post Office, whether it's Amazon or any other seller, they lose about a dollar fifty per package they lose.
Speaker 2: They don't make you.
Speaker 8: Make it up dollar fifty.
Speaker 2: You make it up in volume, Dave.
Speaker 8: Yes, volume, volume volume.
Speaker 2: Well, as you report. I know you didn't make the statistic up. US Postal Service lost nine point five billion dollars in twenty twenty four alone.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, So part of the problem is when they hire temporary seasonal employees because of the unions, they have to offer them full time jobs after you know, after Christmas, after the season, so no longer company does that. NOx UPS they hire seasonal.
Speaker 8: You know what seasonal is seasonal?
Speaker 13: So in January they don't have a job at UPS or FedEx, at the postal service, you get the option of joining the postal service full time. Again, these are poor management decisions and a lot of it's driven by unions, and a lot of us is driven by stupidity truly.
Speaker 2: And the electric vehicle mandate, I can see this is the most likely one to eliminate because I think the contract they had with the electric vehicle manufacturer hasn't They haven't delivered on it.
Speaker 13: They haven't delivered on it. They're about ten thousand to twenty thousand dollars each vehicle more expensive than a regular combustible engine. And you know, if we see gas prices go down, obviously you save money there. Yeah, and gas prices haven't gotten down with more energy explorations, so listen, I think that again, this is a business model that isn't working. And do we absolutely need to privatize it. I think we should move towards it, but that's not the ultimate answer. We just need better decision making and listen more attention by Congress. Congress passed the Postal Reform Act a couple of years ago, and what they did was they took all of the postal obligations, the healthcare obligations and moved them over to medicare.
Speaker 8: Well that didn't save any money.
Speaker 13: No, it just means that taxpayers are still paying for in this and they didn't reform this in any way.
Speaker 2: Oh By, don't look over there, you're still on the hook. Dave William bookmark the page protecting protecting taxpayers butt Or appreciate the work that you're doing and bringing this to everybody's attention each and every day, Dave, and look forward to having you back on the program really soon. Keep up the great work.
Speaker 8: Have a great Friday, Brian.
Speaker 2: Thanks brother you two seven twenty five. If you FI have KCD talk station but herb Remoters, I am so pleased to be able to recommend butt herb Remoters to you because you'll have the same experience I had, which is awesome compared to the box store. And you don't have to go to the box store and experience what I experienced to know that you're going to benefit from Butterberd Motors. They aren't family members at the box store. They don't know about the products they're selling. To the extent that Herbert family does, you will be dealing with superior customer service because you'd be dealing with a Herbert family member. Their name's right there, that's the name of the business. They're proud of it, and they want to keep up the great reputation that's been earned for over seventy five years. They only sell the top world class brands. You got your John Deere's, your x Mark Steel, Honda power equipment, and they'll deliver it to you and they service everything they sell. So ignore the box stores. Go directly to the experts with great customer service and tell them Brian said, Hi, and you do. But Herbertmotors dot Com the number five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Have you ever wondered if your pet is lying to you? Time for the weather Channel nine says we have a pretty decent day to day is mostly sunny, high seventy eight clouds every night down to forty nine tomorrow. We get rain in the morning, scattered thunderstorms as well. Get a break during the day and a high of seventy one. The rain rolls in late tomorrow afternoon evening. Severe weather's possible with heavy rain and gusty winds fifty four. The overnight low rain will part our company on Sunday morning and will eventually end up with clear skies fifty eight to high on Sunday. It's fifty right now in time for traffic.
Speaker 14: From the u See Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the u See Health Conferhensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn Moore at you seehealth dot com. We've done a couple of stalls. One seventy one seventy five south bene Kyle's lane. Your right lane is blocked. Also to seventy five west bound A seventy one seventy five. The right shoulder is blocked here. Emergency repair work has you down to one lane two seventy five eastbound after New Richmond.
Speaker 15: I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: The talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty. Happy Friday, Brian Thomas, Please to welcome my next guest, Mark Beckman. Check out his resume. I can't read it all. We wouldn't have any time to talk about his new books Some Future Day, how Ai Is Going to Change Everything. He is the CEO of an award winning advertising agency, d m A United, and he has well worked on campaigns for literally every major company in the country. Embraces and emerging technology and effort to augment campaigns, including We're going to be talking about it artificial intelligence, and he's used that a variety of wastes for his advertising campaigns. He show Some Future Day examines technology, culture in the law, all kinds of really notable guests. He's also of the best selling comprehensive guide NFTs Digital Artwork Blockchain Technology, a highly a claimed book that is Welcome to the show, Mark Beckman, Let's talk about your book Some Future Day, How Ai Is Going to Change Everything. It's good to have you on the Morning show.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Thank you so much for having me, and thank you for that very very nice introduction.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it well, and you know, based on your resume it was quite abbreviated. I tried to get the key, but it is impressive what you've been able to do. Let's talk about AI. I'm old enough to remember when it was a big thing that IBM invented Big Blue, which actually beat a human being in the game of chess. That's peanuts compared to what this stuff can do today. And I think, and I know your book presents I think in an optimistic way, how this is going to benefit, you know, the masses, But I think most people are afraid of it, like I'm going to be out of a job, kind of afraid.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, it's for sure. People are concerned as they are with every technology and what my book does, and I think your audience would appreciate it. I'm sure there are tons of people in your audience who are smart and curious and beginners. And for those beginners who are interested in learning how they can enhance their career, make more money, improve their family life, improve their communities, my book brings those beginners into the world of artificial intelligence, and after chapter I actually provide the reader with tools that they can use today to start implementing. Whether that means they want to learn how to create new artwork or write a song, or how to you know, create more efficiencies at work with emails and writing even business. You know, so many of us struggle. We have a new business idea, but we don't want to write the business plan. I mean now, literally, with these new tools, we can write a business plan in a matter of minutes. It's incredible. So I lay that all out in my new book some future day, how AI is going to change everything? And you know, obviously it's on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, target all the big booksellers. But it's pretty straightforward, and that's why I'm very optimistic about it. I think that this will have very very positive implications to everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey, and your book also is available on blog page if if you five Caresey dot com always put the book, author's books and a link to buy them on my blog page. So that's one more mechanism so my listeners can always remember that. Now, I guess my concern on this and I practiced law for a long time, sixteen years. I've been on the radio for nineteen but prior to that, sixteen years of practicing law, and I know they're using AI to create legal briefs. Part of the thing about being a lawyer was it required critical thinking analysis. You had to do the work yourself, which helped you improve the case, manage the direction of the arguments and articulating them. It helped the juices in the brain flow, and I think that benefit of the client. And when you talk about like having it write a business plan, if you got a great idea for a business, isn't part of developing the business itself sitting down and contemplating as you write a business plan to help you steer the direction of the business model. I mean it forces you to think, I just worry about AI maybe dumbing us down. It doesn't require It takes away the logic and the creative component that your brain works on, and I think that part benefits you and helps you develop as a person.
Speaker 12: So it's a great question, particularly for me because my background is law as well. And yeah, so I'll tell you something cool on one of my episodes. I'd love to send it to you somehow. But on one of my episodes on my show Some Future Day on youtubet, I introduced to my audience the first political figure who uses artificial intelligence to draft a bill. And you can imagine.
Speaker 2: His name is Clyde Vanelle.
Speaker 12: He's here in New York City and you can imagine Assemblyman Clyde got into a lot of trouble. His constituency went ballistic on him. But what he admitted was that he had to go and apply that personal touch that you were talking about, your concern his creativity. At the end of the day, and I write about this in my book too. If you look at machine versus man, man still wins that creative element. You're right, we could be creative with artificial intelligence, but it's not going to get that emotional connection. You can't break through the way Bob Dylan does. You can't break through the way Pablo Picasso does. So for sure humans will beat the machines every single time. And I get into like some fun stories. The book isn't just technical with regards to say, use this tool if you want to create a painting, use this tool if you want to create a photograph. But I get into like these types of stories and issues too, and I get and I go deep into the idea of like the human spirit, our ability as creators to touch emotion is far superior than algebra. And at the end of the day, AI is literally algebra. It's predicting. So I'm with you on that humans are going to beat machines all day long.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, in terms of drafting a bill, I you know, understand how legislative drafting is done. You take the codea FEDER regulations for example, you need to see a bill out of Congress. You have to refer back to the original coda of FEDER Regulations to see what you're reg stated. They never incorporate that language into a new builder work and on, They just change things within it. So artificial intelligence can go a long way because it can easily digest thousands and thousands of pages of rags and make sure what you're writing now you know it goes, you know, falls in line with what's already on the book. So that is a great advance. It takes out the human error component of that and a lot of man hours or hours of work. But you know, I, I guess I wonder in terms of other things like, well, maybe human error we have to worry about that, and it takes out that element of human error. But these artificial intelligence platforms are programmed by humans. So you got that whole garbage in, garbage out kind of concern, and we've seen some of that pop up with artificial intelligence being rolled out, Like, how come there's so much bias in one direction with everything this system turns out like chat GPT for example.
Speaker 6: That's a great question.
Speaker 12: So my book gets into this issue. It's a real issue, the idea of racism, sexism, and bias. And what you're talking about is the way that these lms, these large language models are trained, and when they're trained effectively, what's happening is for your audience, the tech companies like open Ai and Microsoft that are building the llms, they're taking a corpus of information and data from humanity and feeding them into the computer to give the effectively the intelligence, the artificial intelligence life.
Speaker 9: But let's face it, a.
Speaker 12: Lot of that information is not just faulty in the way that you spoke about garbage in garbage out, but it's also missing huge blocks of data. So think in terms of like the mid century, nineteen fifties, when certain parts of our population weren't included, weren't even able to draft certain research papers and research studies. So if you look at, for example, the Nobel Prize winners going through the forties and the fifties, they're typically just representative of one gender, of one skin color, and we're missing out a ton of points of view. There are no women winners in the Noble Award arena in the nineteen fifties because they weren't allowed to participate. So the other issue that's never going to be fixable, it will always be biased. To your point, is the fact that those points of view are not included from that time period when these llms were trained. So it really is an issue, but it is getting better. So there's the issue of let's say, explicit bias, which I think is what you were focused on, But then there's this implicit bias which is going to stay forever.
Speaker 2: I'm talking with Mark Beckman offered the book some future day how AI is going to change everything? And any book you suggest that artificial intelligence might have the ability to strengthen family bonds and improve the quality of our home wives along. How so, how might that work out? And still what are you referring to?
Speaker 12: Okay, I love that you bring it up, and I'm going to give you an example of something that came my way. As you can imagine, because of the book, all I'm doing is meeting people who are coming at me and talking about artificial intelligence all day, every day and this is a crazy story, but it's true, and you know, maybe it's good. So there's a couple, a young couple probably in their thirties living in Texas that came to me and they were like, we want to tell you the story. We've been fighting like crazy, and I guess the husband has a lack of desire to be cooperative with his wife and go to a marriage counselor. So they negotiated and the deal is, believe it or not, it's nuts, is that chat Ept is the marriage counselor and every time they have an argument, they enter their argument into Chatchypt to find a resolution. And as weird as this sounds, it's true and it's been helping them marriage. So this is like one of the most bizarre, Like I definitely didn't write about this in the book, Like this wasn't something I expected. But people are becoming creative and now they're using chatch Ept to have a better married life.
Speaker 2: That's unusual, you know, taking the place of a therapist. And I can hear people in therapy community going, oh my god, AI is going to put me out of business. But that takes out that human element, you know, if I meet you in person, we sit down and we talk. I can gauge the type of person you are. I can see how you react to different situations. I can understand your emotions and how you know maybe maybe you're you fly off the handle quickly or you react differently different based on different subject matters. And I don't understand how artificial intelligence can can can grasp that human element. You type of question in my wife and I are fighting about this, that doesn't really fully appreciate the whole situation that's going on.
Speaker 12: I want to take you a little further down this path. Sure, so I think in terms of a well, first of all, I want to tell you there will inevitably be a whole You keep referring to job loss, and there will definitely be a huge elimination of jobs, white collar jobs, professionals.
Speaker 2: Lawyers, and the like.
Speaker 12: And there have already been great advances, and I talk about this in the book. I break out different business sectors in the book, finance, medicine, the creative industries fashion, art, music, Hollywood, and there have been tremendous advances in the medical industry, for example, think in terms of discovering diagnosing illnesses, Google created a vertical called amy. It's a type of artificial intelligence that they've trained and almost with one hundred percent accuracy. Now they could discover and diagnose rare diseases and old diseases that have even been eliminated from society. So they're doing great with that. But think about this. Imagine if you have a child who is ten years old and she's starting to struggle with some issues. Use artificial intelligence to diagnose what your child's mental illness might be, and then from there you can go to a doctor and start working with a doctor. Well, the child will also have at you know, I think eventually really soon, actually, like it's on us now, an AI agent which could work with them in so many different ways. And that AI agent that could serve almost as like a technological like robotic type of therapists, will also remember all of your child's issues. The child might feel freer speaking to something that is just a robot, let's say, versus any human, and that that artificial intelligence will remember all of your child's fears and frailties and issues and problems to take that along with her for her entire life. They're going to see the same thing change as it relates to education tutors, where you know forever the artificial intelligence will build and work with your child in different ways. From an academic perspective, they'll build on it through years and years and years of fostering a relationship and training itself in a specialized way. I can see that specifate to your child's needs. So again these are like foreign concepts, but there could be benefits. And again my perspective is AI is simply a tool. It's only math, and it should be not It should not be replacing the professionals and the humans. But if the if the professionals could use them as a tool, it could provide our society with tremendous benefits.
Speaker 2: Lots of take in here, get a copy of it some future day. How AI is going to change everything. It's been a pleasure talking with you, Mark Beckman. Really appreciate the time you spit my listeners to me, and I'm sure they're going to grab up a copy of that book fifty five cares dot com to do. So, thanks for your time. Have a wonderful day, my friend, you too.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Seven forty four or fifty five krcit talksation get your car in for an exchange. Traditionally imported manufactured cars. You need foreign exchange to save money. Your car will be fixed properly. You get a warranty on parts and service. They have as certified master technicians there and the customer service. I assure you will be superior to what you're dealing with at the dealer, So don't pay as much as the dealer to get your car fixed. Four and Exchange Westchester location is the one I go to Tylersville, egsit off of seventy five East two Streets, hanging right on Kinglin. Find them online Foreign X one the letter X dot com five one three six, four four, twenty six, twenty six. That's sixty four four twenty six, twenty six.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC wood.
Speaker 2: And Channel nine First morning weather forecasts not bad today, sunny, sky is high on the high seventies overnight clouds and forty nine for the low. We get rain tomorrow mornings, scotter thunderstorms to get a break during the day, maybe enough for Saint Patrick's Day parade. Seventy one will be the high and the storms return late afternoon and heavy at times. It even one to two inches of rain along with gusty wins fifty four overnight Saturday and rainer to part our company on Sunday morning. We'll have a high fifty eight ultimately with clear skies fifty degrees. Right now, it is time for a traffic update.
Speaker 14: From the uc Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why do you see health Comprehensive Strokes Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at u sehealth dot com. Traffic is slow on seventy five southbound between the Lachland Split in Town Street, seventy five northbound Dixie Highway to twelfth Street. You'll need about five extra minutes here and there is a stall seventy five south NI Kyle's Lane. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven two fifty five KRCD Talk Station. I'm very happy Friday to you. Important tech Friday lists too. As always, Dave hat Or, we had an FBI advisory. Any mind get on the FBI advisory list that sound advice from Dave hat Or. That way you can be proactive in avoiding the dangers out there, including the new ransomware attacks and the creative ways that these nefarious actors are going about ripping you off or seeking to rip you off, or just stealing your data or your trade secrets, and that kind of thing. Course stables from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. His thoughts on Trump's adressed to Congress, and of course a message to the postal system. There are ways to reform the postal SYSM, which is no one seems to really want to do it. There's a sending your contemplating artificial intelligence, and it just makes me I remember the days when you have to have to dictate a letter and you do it in your little cassette recorder and send it over to your administrative assystem and that will be typed of and then you would do addits to it and send it back into the old days. Things move so much slower, I know, a lot faster in my lifetime than the generation prior to mine. But I kind of missed those days, and I kind of look look at look at artificial intelligence with a bit of skepticism and concern. And just as I was talking to Mark Beckman and again you can get his book on my blog page, I wrote down trades see's the one thing that artificial intelligence is not going to take away is the need for people who actually can fix things. As a South Park episode of that, the plumbers and the repair people ended up being the multi millionaires of the world because people didn't know how to fix things anymore. So just the thought, although I would agree that artificial intelligence can help the trades because if you run into a problem, if you're a plumber and you run into a problem, maybe you can enter it into AI and it can offer you a solution on the fly that won't require you to think about it very much. But the other thing I was thinking about is DEI doctors. Now everybody's concerned about you. You pass somebody through high school and they don't even know how to read, and because of DEI initiatives or whatever, they make it all the way into med school and you have to keep them there because of course DEI requires you to have certain you know, quotas or whatever, even though they may not have a mastery of the difficult realities of what it is to be a doctor. But if you're relying on artificial intelligence, it can, like he said, as far as you know, keeping records of what your anxieties and concerns and fears are it's going to have a perfect record of all that, well, all that's out there in the ether. You know, your diagnostician only has so much in his or her head. And of course, if you've got people who are not as smart actually practicing medicine, that puts you at a little lever of concern. But if they have access artificial intelligence, maybe that equals the playing field to a certain degree and you don't have to worry as much. No, I plugged it into AI, and here's what I figured out the problem is, or what it figured out your problem is. I have dear friends and relatives who have struggled with certain medical issues, and they've been through every test known to man mankind, and they haven't had their problem solved yet. Maybe there's an answer out there in that ether, that giant, massive information that the ones and zeros have accumulated in this artificial intelligence that may ultimately provide the answer. I don't know, just random thoughts and musings, but I still miss the days where we had to put a stamp on a letter and communicate that way back and forth. So fifty five The Return of John Gordon he's been on before, political analysts. Host of the Truth with John Gordon. We're going our thoughts on what's going on with the news. Then at eight third Leu Anne Horman, she's got a seminar empower You America dot Org Seminar March eighteenth, how to transform our perspectives, attitudes and behaviors. That'll be at eight thirty. Oh, you can stick around.
Speaker 1: News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not gonna be complicated, It's gonna go very fast. Fifty five KRS the talkstation.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored Yeah.
Speaker 2: Crashing the economy, recession looming, What happens next?
Speaker 1: Watch what happens? Will happen right here.
Speaker 2: On fifty five KRC the talkstation. Eight oh five the Picky five KRCD talk station. Happy Friday, find Thomas. Please bring back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, Host of the Truth with John Gordon. Of course it's John Gordon. John, welcome back to the morning show. It's great to have you on today.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much. It's great to be with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we dive into the news of late I Congress. A mess who was on my program earlier this week and he called it and he's like pressing his predictions. You know, he wasn't in favor of the CR because it continues funding levels on the Biden levels and didn't cut much at all. So that was why he was a no vote. He was very explicit and did a good job of explaining himself in spite of the fact that drew the ira of Donald Trump. But it done the last passed over in the sentence hands and according to Chucky Schumer, at least before yesterday evening, it was going to be a no over there, which is going to result in a government shutdown. But Chucky, she changed his tune and they're going to capitulate, which is exactly what Massey predicted. I don't know why they were against it anyway, since the funding levels didn't change your take on that one, John.
Speaker 6: They are the party of opposition. If Trump's for it, they're against it, even if it's what they want to your point, and it's just lunacy, and frankly I think they are. I think they're stark, raving mad. And I like Massey and what he stands for. I like Ran Paul and what he stands for. This country is at a tipping point if we don't get control of underal spending, the interest statements on the deficit, the loan are now our single largest line item. That is pure economic waste in my view. So I understand the cinema. Here's the counter. Trump is walking a high wire act and this economy is fragile. And you take two trillion dollars out of the economy overnight and it implodes. We would go into a depression of magnitude that we've never witnessed before. So Trump wants to balance a budget.
Speaker 9: He's all for it.
Speaker 6: It's going to take some time, it's going to take a little for mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know, I guess the two trillion you're talking about taking out of the economy is that the market losses or is that the what is coming out of government by way of you know, propping up various areas like the green energy projects. If we pull the plug on that's the EPA effectively did the other day as they were promising to do. Does that ruin the economy because there's no longer these artificial government dollar propped up jobs out there.
Speaker 6: You illustrate the point perfectly. That's it. And you know when the economy gets in trouble. What's the first thing the Federal Reserve starts to do. They print money like drunken sailors. They start issuing bonds, they start buying their own bonds, and they prop up the economy through what they call stimulus. Well if that's if that works, then the reverse is going to have an adverse attack. So you take that money out of the economy, you plunge us into a recession. So it is going like Trump says, it's going to take some time, but he's committed to the cause. We'll get there. I think we just attributation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be an interesting world if we get the government out of our lives and allow the free markets to prosper and thrive. Will that make up this government infused fake economy? Like DEI alone is its own fake economy. You got a lot of people out there with college degrees and in diversity, equity inclusion, they need jobs.
Speaker 6: So what do you do.
Speaker 2: You mandate these programs across the entire landscape, which creates new departments and new divisions within business. But those do not provide any value in terms of revenue, in terms of creating goods and services. It's just busy work, and it's fake work.
Speaker 6: I think you took the same economics courses I did.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 6: The government produces nothing. They don't add to G and T. All they do is spend, and so there's no value in that except when they when they're the job creators, there's value. But it's fake, it's it'sponing. It's short term. But so if you take two trillion out of the budget and it's not that and you put that money back in the economy, then muel the economy. But right now, the only alternative is take the deficit out, and that's what would have the unintended consequence of some bad economic repercussions.
Speaker 12: I believe.
Speaker 6: But if Musk can reduce the spending through DOGE and those are real dollars, yea, and they go back into the private sector, watch out, baby, let the good times roll.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you pivoted over to DOGE because they are revealing that we fund the indefensible I mean one program, I mean little here, little there. It all tends to add up even you know, multi hundreds of thousands of dollars, you know, seven hundred thousand dollars for studying cannabis use among sexual, minority, gender diverse individuals. I mean, what the hell is that all about.
Speaker 6: We've got transgender studies on mice, yeah, yeah, yeah, And then I can't believe we're even talking about this. I know, I feel like a lunatic that we're even talking about it. Yeah, but these are our federal tax dollars at work, and it's just absurd. That's why I say, I think these people have lost their minds. I think they're absolutely I know no better descriptor for it.
Speaker 2: Well, John, I'm convinced more and more every single day that they are outraged over this, and because it's cutting off his revelations and he's canceling all these grants again, there's a AGRI Department of Agriculture grant in the San Francisco Bay area to educate queer trands and BIPOC urban farmers about food justice. I don't even know what the hell that is. And it's probably if.
Speaker 6: You're a straight guy and you're a farmer, you can't get the subsidy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's urban farmers. I mean, first off, how many BIPOC queer trans urban farmers are there collectively in the United States, but then they could get a grant to study what they're doing. I don't even know what food justice is. But the big concern here all these USA programs that allegedly go out into the world, you know, circumcisions in Jakarta or whatever. I'm convinced that that money never got there, and that didn't accomplish the goal that it purported to accomplish, even if the goal itself was ludicrous. But that money remained in Washington for hobbying dollars that ended up in the pockets and Democrats to get themselves re elected or otherwise directly in their pockets.
Speaker 6: Joe Biden said, we just sent one hundred and fifty billion to the Ukraine. What did Zelenski say, where's the rest of it? I only saw a hundred billion.
Speaker 4: M h.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you this federal government is rotten to its core. And I think before it's all said and done, we're going to trace the money and we're going to find that it went right back into the pockets of these lunatic left wing Democrats who have been voting for all of this irrational spending. And I've said for the last four years on my radio show. I don't know who they're governing corps, but its sure as hell.
Speaker 9: Is not us.
Speaker 2: It is not and it's going to stop, and it's freaking them out. The Doge is actually bringing this to the American public attention. This is low hanging fruit stuff.
Speaker 12: Again.
Speaker 2: You add it all up, and we're not getting to that trillion dollar mark but a little by little. But you let any Republican or Democrat, any working human being in the country, and even those that aren't working, they look at this and they think, just like you and me, what we're paying for that? How is that even possible? So this is going to bring the House of cards down at some point. They're not going to go to justify it.
Speaker 6: Well, I think that they're on it, and I think that's why they're launching this campaign against Elon Musk. Well, where are the prosecutions, by the way, for the people that have burned tesla's and that are used rifles and shot bullets into dealerships. Yeah, I mean, come on, that is absolute anarchy. Yeah, some people.
Speaker 2: Locked up and he was the darling of the green energy folks there for a long long time. He was the leader of the pack everybody wanted an Elon Musk tesla, and now it's demonized because he's shown the world how bad things are. I mean, pivoting over to Social Security, John, all those social Security numbers for people who are one hundred and fifty plus years old, they're still active and therefore probably being used by some perhaps illegal person in this country with no work permit to actually go work at a job. I mean, even if a check isn't going out to that number, it certainly can be used for nefarious purposes. You know, PPP grants to eleven year olds. They don't care about normal business like practices in government. They're not required to do anything. But then again they're also not required to be responsible stewards of the American taxpayer dollar.
Speaker 6: Well, we sensed it for a long time. Now we've got plain proof of it. And can you imagine people railing against Elon Musk because it's eliminating fraud, waste and abuse. Is James Carvel said, is that the who you want to die on as a Democrat, we're going to oppose that. Yes, Well, I want them to keep doing what they're doing because their approval ratings continue to plummet. Let them just put the new around their necks and let them tighten it themselves, which is what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and I got a kick out of Schumer yesterday Democrats. He said, we want the attention to the American people, not focus on different bills that they will bring to the floor during the shutdown. They were talking about thirty day extensions, this and maybe alternatives that to the Republican c are We'd rather focus on our message, which is beginning to work. And I was scratching my head over that. That's a quote from him. I was like, what message? And apparently it's in his words, they meaning the Republicans are hurting the middle class to give tax breaks to the billionaires. That tired old trope is that all they've got. They have no message.
Speaker 6: John Well, if you listen to them, their focus is on the message. They are trying one message. When that doesn't work, they skip to the next lunatic statement to make. And it's all about the message. I don't care about the message, I care about the substance. I want to curtail government spending. I want to curtain fraud and get the one hundred and fifty year olds off the social security roles. If we have to really stand up and talk about that in the public marketplace for ideas, we are in serious trouble. I mean, it is self evident. Just stop the lunacy and start governing to the American people and then all the problems are solved. Will welcome and embrace the Democrats into a free exchange for ideas and stop the gainsmanship because it's killing us.
Speaker 2: It is and one of the big problems with our country the way it set up is the intitoment program social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. That's the true existential thread. Those are set to collapse on themselves and the deficit, as you point out, we're paying a trillion dollars a year in interest on this. You know, if we don't write the ship, there's not going to be a United States around the Fiat. Currency's going to collapse. No one's going to I want to buy our bonds. We aren't going to be able to keep this this house of cards. Even standing to the world's demise.
Speaker 6: I think the adults are in the room now. I am very optimistic that we're going to get things turned around. You've seen John Fetterman abandoned the Democratic ship, the sinking ship. He doesn't want to be on the Titanic, and others are going to slowly, one by one listen to reason and do the right thing. It'll take some process and some time, but I do think we'll get there eventually. What every Republican in America needs to be focused on right here and right now is the midterm election. Since Ronald Reagan, Republicans, well any sitting president has lost control of the Congress in the midterm elections. If we're not focused on that, we're going to wake up in two years really disappointed that we allowed complacency to slip back into US national psyching.
Speaker 2: Hey man, John Gordon, check it out. Host of the Truth with John Gordon. Great having you back on the program. John will be listening to what you have to say, and I'll look forward to having you back on the morning show sometime.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, And if your listeners would like to check us out, go to www dot John Gordon dot TV.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they'll do it. Take care of John of a great weekend. That's been my pleasure coming on an eight eighteen five K see talk station coloring electric service upgrade speaking of those electric vehicles, and last time I talked to John, he's a big fan of the EV so he tried to counter my comments about him. But I'm just against mandatory evs. So you got one, you want to put a charger in your house, probably going to need a service upgrade. So right now Colling Electric, responding to the new code changes that were implemented last spring which really really drove up the cost of service upgrades, they're offering through the end of April a twenty percent discount on a new service installation for your home. Twenty percent off the total job costs can save you thousands of dollars, So it's the Power Up your Home sale. Great savings on the service upgrade from Colin Electric. This count is applicable to above ground or below ground residential single family service upgrades four hundred amps or less, and the promotion extends the breaker panel and main service upgrades only. You get a ten year wiring warranty on that and anything Cullen does for you. So for all residential electric projects, count on my A plus with the BBB friends Andrew Cullen and the team at Cullen Electric schedule appoyment online at Cullenelectriccincinnati dot com or give them a call on tum Brian Thomas said, how when you do please five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: That's time for the channel nine one four casks. Got a night's stand in our hands today, sonny and highest seventy eighth overnight partly are mostly cloudy rather in at low of forty nine. Rain tomorrow morning along with some scatters understorms, maybe at dry stretch in the middle of the day, just in time for Sink Patrick's Day parade tomorrows Hi seventy one overnight low of fifty four. The rain kicks in late tomorrow afternoon and it lasts overnight, one to two inches of rain possible along with dusty wins. We're going to leave the area Sunday morning and we'll end up having a clear day fifty eight to high on Sunday. It's fifty right now, in time for traffic update.
Speaker 14: From the UC Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the U S Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment.
Speaker 15: Learn more at u sehealth dot com.
Speaker 14: An accident four seventy one northbound at Grand Avenue is blocking the center lane and causing stop and go delays on two seventy five eastbound after New Richmond. The roadways down to one lane for emergency repair work and your stop and go from Tellogg Avenue.
Speaker 15: I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: It is eight twenty two. It is Friday's Dating the obvious. Hope you got some great plans going on this weekend. I'm just happy it's Friday five one three FY two three talk pion Fi fifty on eight and T funds and get fifty five KRC dot com for the podcast from the conversations early today and the other ones, and also your iHeartMedia app so you can stream the content where we happen to be. Let's get to Jeff. Jeff, thanks for calling today and a happy Friday to you, my friend.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Brian. As always, you and Joe are true patrious buddy.
Speaker 2: Appreciate hearing that every time you say it. Jeff, thank you very much.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I love that author that was on about AI. My friend Thomas who passed away last month. It was pretty pretty.
Speaker 10: Rough on me.
Speaker 16: But he was a huge advocate to AI since he was a marketing guy, and he said, you know, Jeff, AI, no one should be really afraid of because it's just another tool. You can always use something for bad things, but hopefully more people use it for good things. Now, when I look at AI, I see a thing that's going to slap common sense across my head. You know, like, oh, by the way, is a streetcar a good idea?
Speaker 12: It'll probably say no.
Speaker 2: If it's honest. Ye's right, because presumably you'll have all the access to all the studies would show that those do not bring value to any city. They merely consume capital, right.
Speaker 16: I mean, I think I might have told you years ago.
Speaker 6: I went to.
Speaker 16: San Francisco for a couple of weeks. You can say, I'm sorry, Jeff, but that's okay, that's right. Anyway, and every streetcar that they used there had little plaques inside of them that said, oh, by the way, this streetcar was donated by this city when its streetcar went out of business. Okay, we were just like, okay, So you have dozens of street cars that came from all over the United States that went out of business.
Speaker 11: It's okay, so anyway, but also a I.
Speaker 16: Would tell you and me, yeah, I know someone let me see.
Speaker 6: Who was in our lives?
Speaker 16: Oh right, our mom told us that if you make twenty dollars, guess how much you can spend twenty dollars.
Speaker 6: You can't spend.
Speaker 16: Twenty one, can't been twenty two, can't spend a billion, you spend twenty dollars. I mean, AI is really just common sense, people, and it's going to do it very fast and very efficiently like those you're showing us. But it's gonna be a swift kicking the head to anyone that does understand what common sense is.
Speaker 2: Well, Jeff, I do appreciate your optimistic take on artificial intelligence. And as long as it is in programmed to lie to us, which some have concerns about, then you're right it would do. That's that throw in artificial intelligence the mathematics behind how we got to the massive hole we've dug ourselves in what it means to pay one trillion dollars and growing annually on debt service, and maybe it'll churn out something how long our country has to go if we continue on this trajectory, I would imagine it will be a short short term. Thanks Jeff, have a great weekend, appreciate the call. Next up, got empower. Are you similar to talk about with Leuyenn Horribin It's March eighteenth. How to transform our perspectives, attitudes, and behaviors should be interesting. Science of psychological change would deal with that. Next, don't go away.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: The Simple Time. Here's your nine channeline wether for forecasts, mostly sunny day to day I high a seventy eight, cloudy overnight forty nine. Tomorrow, rain in the morning with scattered thunderstorms. Get a break during the day high of seventy one. The rain comes back in in the afternoon late could be a heavy rain too. They're expecting one to two inches along with dusty wins fifty four the overnight low with the high of fifty eight on Sunday and the rain leaving us early in the morning fifty degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 14: From the UCE Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second count. That's why the u See Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at you seehealth dot com. Is stop and go in a couple of spots this morning. For seventy one northbound at Grand Avenue, the two right lanes are blocked by a crash here and your stop and go from Alexandria Pike. Also two seventy five eastbound after New Richmond traffic slows from Kellogg Avenue.
Speaker 15: I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: The Talk Station, a twenty nine fifty five KRCD talk station at the Friday love my Fridays here in the morning show, and I love the empower You Seminar series. I'm just a huge fan of what Dan Reaganold has been able to do over the years with these wonderful learning opportunities empower You America dot org. You can always stream the courses from your home or show up in the empower You studios for most of them, and one that's coming up March eighteenth is going to be done by Luann Harbin, my next guest. She is described as one of sixteen hundred ICF Master Coaches, Executive and Leadership Coach, career accelerator, transformational consultant, teacher and facilitator. She's going to help you deal with your own self limiting beliefs with self empowering beliefs. Leuien, it's a pleasure to have you on the morning.
Speaker 4: Show, going thank you, it's a pleasure to be here this morning.
Speaker 2: Well, let's start off with what is an ICF Master Coach if.
Speaker 4: I may ask, Oh, okay, it's the International Coach Federation. It's a global organization that certifies coaches and a master coaches a designation that is achieved through the number of hours of experience as well as the training exams, those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, now you talk about in this class is going to obviously delve into a much deeper but our perspectives, attitudes, and behaviors impact ourselves and how we deal with life. And I guess we're really not meant to go through life feeling anxious, disconnected, insecure, cluttered, chronically, stressed and worried and said most of the time that obviously interferes with our enjoyment of life, but also our ability to accomplish our task at our job and work and elsewhere, our relationships with our families. What is it about? What you're teaching this science of psychological change that can help us address these issues.
Speaker 4: So from understanding the science of psychological change, we can actually understand how we are being triggered, because quite often when we're triggered into those states of anxiety that interfere with what we're going on, it's because we have a belief that is affecting how we see the situation. It's our awareness. We're perceiving it a certain way, but there's actually other ways of perceiving it. And if we were to get to the actual root of it, the way we perceive it actually stems from and triggers are brain chemistry. So there's a certain brain chemistry that allows us to see challenge as an opportunity as you know, Okay, I just have to level up here, or it can also have the impression of oh no, this is like daunting to me, This is overwhelming to me. It's like the situation is bigger than me. That's actually comes from just how we perceive it, which triggers those two different brain chemistries. So what I work with is actually helping people, first of all, understand this is a perspective, how can we see this differently and how can we work with it differently and which can lead to a different experience, which leads to a different outcome.
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough? Can you give like a real life illustration of this concept. I know in the notes agism is mentioned, but you know something you've dealt with, perhaps regularly throughout your career, dealing with this, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's true. Agis Agism actually is one of the ways that it is dealt with in that we can have a limiting belief that there are factors of our age that have us, let's say, not be able to do certain things, but actually so and sometimes there's a perception that agism might be affecting us what's safe, for example, in the workplace, And actually it's true that people have different strengths, and sometimes what we want to look for is, really where are our strengths. So if we were to perceive a situation as well, if I applied for this particular position, I'm going to be maybe maybe rejected because of my age. But actually what we can look at is, so, really where are my strengths? And really is this the best for me?
Speaker 6: And where can I go?
Speaker 4: I always say, there's a question who needs to know? I've already learned. So basically, if I had a different perspective on that, rather than seeing that as a rejection type of thing, I can see it as a redirection into where where's the better fit for me? And whatever? I won't likely to succeed. Who's looking for what I got rather than trying to And I've worked with that anxiety about well I'm not going to get a job. It's actually just recognizing more of like what really is my change? So that actually comes from how we how we perceive that situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, on a certain level, I mean I think one has to step outside of one's selves and be very objective about where one is. I mean age, for example, I view is of value because life experience in and of itself is a tremendous value. You've seen a lot of things that a younger person hasn't seen. You had to deal with a lot of circumstances they have not yet dealt with, so it provides you with greater level of confidence. So that's the way I would approach that. I would immediately say, well, I'm better qualified because simply because of my age. But this requires being objective about the circumstances. But also requires a tremendous amount of introspection, does it not?
Speaker 4: I would agree it requires a tremendous amount of introspection. And that's exactly you've actually articulated that very well. Because sometimes, for example, if we were to look at the job search, sometimes people are encouraged to, let's say, take years of experience off of their resume. Like, so let's say only show let's say fifteen years of experience when really we have over twenty. Well, there's a reason that we can apply for positions when we have twenty years of experience versus when we have ten or fifteen years of experience. And so it's like really recognizing, like seeing this perspective, is how am I using my strengths versus how am I? Kind of it's almost a little bit like putting the square peg into the round hole a bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have to have a greater sense of self worth. I mean it sounds like you're speaking to people that have sort of perhaps a negative view of themselves, self deprecating people for example.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that comes from a belief because we hear so much in society about agism, we don't really hear a lot of we don't really hear a lot of encouraging things, and so it's easy to it's actually easy to absorb that and think, you know, my chances are limited. Basically that's where beliefs comes in. Beliefs come in. I'm thinking my chances are limited before I've even kind of stepped into the water type of thing. Whereas what and that's where the chemistry comes in. Of when we're in that chemistry, we're not actually able to see solutions because it actually shuts down the solution part of the brain, oh to a certain extent, like it limits it. It's not firing the solution part of the brain, which is why when we're in that perspective, everything feels much more anxious, much more like a struggle. And so so basically there are ways of just converting that and kind of saying, okay, you can actually do simple body posture that can help to change that level of anxiety.
Speaker 2: So this is a brain this is a brain chemistry type of thing you're talking about, Well, well, yes.
Speaker 4: It is brain chemistry, yes, but and it stems from our beliefs because our beliefs, so our beliefs trigger there's certain things. So when we hear this in society. We are triggered by it, either maybe by an earlier experience that we've had in life, or maybe we were rejected for something that we really felt was a good fit for us, or that we just didn't understand why why it didn't work out. But when we change that sort of chemistry, we can kind of see, you know, we see it differently. We don't see it as a rejection as a loss. We see rejection as like a redirection. It's like, Okay, if this one doesn't work, that that means that's giving me feedback. But there's something else that actually will work better. And there are ways that say, for example, instead of taking you know, the twenty years of experience or twenty five years of experience off my resume, there's people who are looking for you know, they don't want to they don't sort of want to do the learning curve. They actually want someone who's gone through that learning curve. So it's looking for, you know, who needs to know what I've already learned type of things. Right, So recognizing my value and using my value versus thinking, oh, I have to take my value off because I'm not going to be chosen such a like the ladder one. That's the lemon taking brief right, all right.
Speaker 2: Empower you similar taking place March eighteenth at seven pm Empoweroamerica dot org. Leuyenn. I know you're going to talk about these concepts throughout the process, but you're also going to offer the attendees some daily practices to help them maintain this empowering perspective. Can you just offer perhaps one of those by way of illustration for my listeners to get a handle on that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so well, one of them that I will be talking about a fair bit is the use of questions, because the subconscious mind actually has to way the subconscious mind is programmed, it actually has to answer a question. So I'm going to talk about how to ask questions that will help us change how we see and experience things. And so that's one. Another one is there's some simple body postures that actually change the way the brain is kind of firing. And one of them is simply crossing our feet over and crossing our arms over and clasping our hands. The crossover actually changes how things are interacting in our brain. Go talk a little bit more about that. Wow, that's a really simple bosses. A person could do it like, let's say, if they were even in a stressful meeting or something, they could just cross their feet under the table. They could cross their hands under the table, and if they just allow that to happen, it will actually change some of that interaction.
Speaker 2: No kidding, how about that? Well, I'll tell you what. It's going to be fascinating seminar and I'm sure my listeners will be interested. Again. Go to empower you America dot or get registered Tuesday, March eighteenth, beginning get seven pm. Luen, It's been a great conversation and I hope you have a successful seminar and hope you have a wonderful weekend on top of it.
Speaker 4: Oh well, thank you. I'm really looking forward to it. I love this. This is so much fun and actually to share. So I'm looking forward to seeing everyone great.
Speaker 2: I'm sure looking forward to see you. It'll be next Tuesday. Take care, it's been fun having you on the show eight thirty nine. Right now, folks, that's about Kecity Talxation looks like Jay on the phone, j you, I'll be happy to take your call. You just want to hold on for a minute. I'll be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC run a business time for the weather nine Channel nine says we have a pretty deuce in day today.
Speaker 2: It's going to be sunny for the most part. Highest seventy eight overnight down a cloud e's and forty nine seventy one tomorrows high rain in the morning along with thunderstorms. They say, a break in the day, maybe in time for Saint Patrick's Day. Preak rain will return late in the afternoon. Got a risk of severe weather, a couple inches of rain perhaps in Segusky wins fifty four the overnight low and a high fifty eight on Sunday mccooler length. Rain will move out in the morning fifty one degrees Right now, Let's get a traffic updage.
Speaker 14: From the UCE Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why the u S Health Comprehensive Stroke Center is the clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at u sehealth dot com and accidents. On four seventy one northbound at Grand Avenue has the two right lanes block traffic is stopping Go mel Andrea Pike. Also on two seventy five, eastbounded New Richmond construction as just the left lane open and you're on the brakes from Kellogg Avenue. I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey, forty three, fifty five KRCD talk station. I'm gonna go straight to the phonks I promised. I told Jay I'd take his call right of the gate. Jay, thanks for holding over the break there. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 10: I wanted to comment on the Bill Blessing interview yesterday.
Speaker 2: Did you hear me? Sauty out?
Speaker 10: Oh man, Good for you guys. You guys do the work no one else will do. And I understand now why he was hesitant to go on the radio. That was an f in my ottendione day.
Speaker 2: Real quick here, so my listeners aren't quite sure what we're talking about. Blessing was on the other day to talk about property tax relief and some of the things are proposing. And then the next segment we talked about his proposal for a state funded free school lunch program for all students in both you know, parochial and public schools. A free lunch for everybody on the taxpayer dollar. I think it was a three hundred plus million dollar program he was proposing. So with that in mind, go ahead, Jay, off of your comments.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, and I was really you know, he almost pulled me over to his side of the debate whenever he explained that it's free. You're not going to see it when you're you're not going to see a three hundred million dollar increase because it's not going to go into your property tax. So when you reach into your personal checking account to pay your property tax, it won't be in there but on your pay stub where it says Ohio State tax, because this.
Speaker 6: State's going to pay for it.
Speaker 10: So it's free, Brian, I did, And so don't worry about it, Yeah, because we're I'll wait a second. We're paying for everything, aren't we.
Speaker 2: And I remember the old saying there ain't no free lunch, Jay, and I guess that means there ain't no free breakfast and lunch.
Speaker 10: Well I started to tear up a little bit when he talked about what a what a hassle it is for him to feed his kids breakfast and lunch, and the economies of scale a paint for all the kids breakfast and lunch at a tone of three hundred million is actually going to be cost out for everybody in the state of Ohio, which I think, if that's true, why don't we make the schools just a public food pantry and cafeteria. Why stop with breakfast and lunch? Why not go for dinner? If this is a cost out and any huge savings for the people of Ohio, shouldn't we just all be, you know, funneling into the schools anytime we want a snack or a meal or something like that. But my favorite part was whenever he decided to go down the road of legality with you as a lawyer, and I don't remember the exact thing he was bringing up, but he was talking about the law and the law requires and you very tactfully pointed out that the Supreme Court twenty years ago said we can't fund property tax or fund school tax off the property tax, at which point his response was nervous laughter and absolutely no response. Want she changed the uh, change the topic and took the took took it in a different direction. So so, people of Cole Rain, would you please do better and not inflect the rest of Ohio with with this jackass is bad ideas and Republican Party Alex Trantafela, would you listen to that and would would you sign up and to support that person with a nickel if they were running for public office, let alone a senator for crying out loud. Quit spending money. If we want to stop spending money, don't spend money, Republican Party money. And behind Bill Blessing and Cole rain Township, wake up. We don't need any more rhinos.
Speaker 6: For God's sakes.
Speaker 10: The one thing we produced more of than corn and Ohio is rhinos. And that was one on parade yesterday. But well done, brother.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your kind words, and I'm glad you listened. And the one thing I did take some comfort and I asked if this enjoyed widespread approval as a concept, and I got the impression it does not.
Speaker 1: So, oh, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 10: And I meant to tell people, now let's change your attactics instead of calling Bill Blessings on us. For the first time in my life, I may call Mike the Wine and give them praise and say stand I approve your your stance against SB one oh nine. And the Speaker of the House was it.
Speaker 2: Uh yeh, I know, I think Puffman, Yeah, Huffman.
Speaker 10: So cal Hoffman called the wine. Tell them you appreciate their firm stance against SB one oh nine and get this thing shot down, and then call Ran get somebody else in there. You guys can do better. I promote Joe Strecker. Can I get a second?
Speaker 2: I'll second that thanks to the calleg Day, I have a fantastic weekend, Brother Todd. I will promise to take your call as soon as we return after these pre fords, you want to hang on fifty five the talk station eight fifty two fifty five k r C the talk station. Never get tired of hearing that song, most notably on a Friday afternoon one. I love that version. Let us go to the phone. See what Todd's got. Todd's thanks for holding over the break and welcome to the show.
Speaker 17: Yes, I have some comments on AI, but first I just want to say that I was at the empower Youth seminar last night with the Senator Blessing, and I recommend that everyone who can listen to that last night, because I found myself rather reassured that he's in the Senate, so fair enough, I probably suggest listening to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least in so far as his concepts on tax reform or property tax reform. I mean, I don't know if you're in favor of free school lunches for every school kid in public and private school. But okay, good, So we're talking about completely different topics, and I thought he did articulate some good ideas that might bring some relief to the taxpayers here in Ohio, most notably the senior I feel for man, you know, you're on a fixed income and as really fixed incoming you've got a property tax build that blows through the roof. You're not prepared to deal with that. So great, But as far.
Speaker 17: As AI is, that just there might be some debate as to what constitutes intelligence and maybe some debate as to what constitutes wisdom. But even though there might be artificial intelligence is I don't think there's going to be any artificial wisdom. And so yeah, going on that is that we still have to based things on I think original content. Because it's more than a certain percentage of what goes back into the AI is AI generated. You suffer a kind of an amplification or a feedback effect. Yeah, you get even more and more of what you maybe don't want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an astute observation. See, but this transcends my ability to understand it because I don't have any knowledge about programming and therefore or how artificial intelligence really works or grows. It's not colledge background, so it's impossible for me to really truly understand whether that's possible. But Todd, it certainly sounds plausible. That's the whole garbage in, garbage out kind of thing that I was referring to when I talked to him. Anyhow, I appreciate the call, Todd and your observations about Senator Blessing, and I tend to agree with you along those lines and along some of the lines that Jay pointed out. Anyhow, if you can get a chance to listen Live Tech Friday with Dave Hatter about the FBI advisory on a new ransomware scam artificial intelligence again now scanning your photos for sensitive content hack via bluetooth. Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance with a message to Doge about the Post Office it loses so much money every year, and his thoughts on Trump's address to Congress. Mark Beckman of this book some future day, how AI is going to Change Everything? Get a copy of fifty five Carecy dot com and listen to the podcast and John Gordon, political analyst and hosts The Truth with John Gordon on just a whole a lot of musings and interaction and thoughts of what's going on in the news of late and finally the information about the empower use Seminar Empower You America dot org. You can learn more about what leu Ann Horbin's going to be talking about. Tune in Monday for Christopher Smithman and the smith Event along with Money Monday. Joe Strecker. God bless you and thank you for the work that you do for the fifty five KRCY Morning Show. Folks, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Do not go away. Glenn Back is up next.
Speaker 1: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour.
Speaker 8: You're moving very quickly.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station