Speaker 1: It's I'm Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Kyle. So we're going to wrap up our conversation about the Steward Hospital closings here in Massachusetts. But I give you my word, I will stay on that story. And for those of you who you know are going to try to hijack a story here at night Side, and I'm talking to Dave in San Antonio on this one respect my show, Dave. Okay, it's as simple as that. I try to be polite to people. Sometimes I try to be too polite to people to be honest with you. And you know, if you're on topic, fine, okay. And I'm very sympathetic to what your wife went through and I'm glad that you found a better place to live in Texas. But don't try to tell me that Michigan is more of a one party state or as much of a one party state is Massachusetts. It's as simple as that. And so you know, for those of you who don't understand what I was saying there, if you like how things are going in Massachusetts, then keep voting the way you've been voting. And there are a lot of people who do like the way things are going in Massachusetts who like the influx of more migrants, more newcomers, whatever. Don't call them I legal immigrants. But if you're concerned with that and you feel that maybe your representation in Washington, or perhaps your representation at the state House is not functioning your interest, then make sure you get out and vote. Make sure you get out and vote in primaries, make sure you get out and vote in general elections. Make sure your family and your friends get out and vote. It's as simple as that. If you don't vote, you really have no right to complain about the circumstances. And again, if you're very happy with the representation to getting make sure you get out and vote and give those individuals your support. Simple as that, simple as that. Okay, now I've been away for eight well ten or eleven days actually, but from abroad, we were in Rome in Italy, and Rome in Italy and the Maufei Coast, which is south of Rome. We talked about that during from nine to nine thirty and I kind of recapped what we were doing over there, and it was a great trip. I thank the folks from collect Travel. And I was not as thrilled with the size of the seats on what used to be Alatalions Now I guess it's Ati Airlines, which whatever. I followed the presidential election obviously, and it sounds to me. And this is my recap after having watched the Democrats open their convention in Chicago, and we'll talk about it next week. We'll carry the acceptance speech I would hope of the vice president who will be nominated by the party or has been nominated as their party. An incredible achievement by Vice President Harris, who won the Democratic nomination without spending a dollar of campaign funds, without campaigning anywhere for her nomination, and she has been again. Just I think it's a miracle. I think it's a miracle in our lifetimes. But I also noticed something which I thought was kind of interesting that Vice President Harris came out over the weekend in Las Vegas in support what well this This is the brief cut. Let's play cut ten first and I'm going to play the longer version. This is a Saturday again, Saturday, two days ago, the tenth of August. Speaking in Las Vegas, Vice President Harris.
Speaker 3: Eliminate taxes on tips for service and hospitality workers.
Speaker 2: What a great idea. Now, let me play her SoundBite in its entirety, because I think that's important. I think it's a great idea that the Vice president seems to have come up with. So let's let's go to I wish that she had mentioned this to President Biden. He had She certainly had his ear for the last three and a half years. But it's better late than ever. Cut ten B. Vice President Harris talking about the reason that she wants to eliminate taxes on tips for waiters, wait staff, uh, hospitality workers, casino workers. You know, anyone who gets tips, they should not have to declare that. And I think that's a wonderful proposal. Uh. And and let's let's let's play the longer version of this. Cut This is cut ten B.
Speaker 3: And it is my promise to everyone here when I am president, we will continue our fight.
Speaker 4: For working families of America, including to raise the minimum wage.
Speaker 3: And eliminate taxes on tips for service and hospitality workers.
Speaker 2: Now, well, that is a fabulous idea. You could hear the crowd respond to that idea. And my question is, how did she come up with that? I mean, it would seem to me that that's something that President Biden could have proposed in his State of the Union address last winter. I beli it was in February, or could have proposed that in is an artin of address in twenty twenty one, or in his State of the Union address in twenty twenty two. The Vice President I'm sure had his ear. How did she come up with that idea? I mean, I think it's it's a stroke of genius because first of all, people who are receiving tips, and again whether they're waiters or waitresses, they're not making a lot of money. I mean, I don't know what a waiter or a waitress does, but if you're a waiter or waitress, I'd love to hear from you if you think that's a good idea. I think it's a fabulous idea. And you know, I I just wish that the Vice president had proposed that idea three and half years ago. It's mystifying that as an idea as as as obvious as that and as beneficial as that to you know, people who are not making a million dollars a year, that that would have been an idea that that President Biden or or Vice President Harris would have put on the table earlier. But again, I guess that are late than never six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I think it's that sort of thinking outside the box that we need from more political leaders, and I think that innovative thinking outside the box is something that Vice President and Harris should be commended for. At the same time, I think that it would have been more effective if this idea had been floated or for that matter, look past by. Maybe the President could have signed. Well, I probably couldn't do an executive order, but a brilliant idea. Nonetheless, if you'd like to comment on this idea, and I'd love to hear from you, I'm sure many of you follow this more closely in the last a few days. I followed it as well as I could over in Europe. But again, hats off to the Vice President. I just wish I wonder how she came up with that idea. I mean, and I guess if she was running in a campaign, she might have come up with that idea. But either way, it's better late than never. I would say, six months in two, five, four, ten thirty the only lines open back on nightside, Let's get this conversation going because novel ideas and leadership of what we need from our political leaders. Back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio. A.
Speaker 2: Right, So we're talking about the idea of removing the the burden of hospitality workers, people who receive tips, doorman and hotels, people who drive for Uber and in lift cab drivers. You know, look, they work hard for their money. I think it's a great idea. Let me go to Joe and Belmont. I bet you Joe thinks it's a good idea too. Hey Joe, welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 5: How are you good, Dan, welcome back. We missed you well.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Sure that Gary Tangway and Morgan White and Ben Parker did a great job. And it's always nice to have a change of pace, and it's nice for me to get a little vacation. Joe, I wish you could have been with us on the trip. We saw a lot of things over an eight or nine day period.
Speaker 5: I like Ben Parker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a good guy.
Speaker 5: And I agree with you about Kamala Harris that they should change they should raise the minimum wage because in Greater Boston people who are living with the appearance can't pay the rent, and if a person lives outside the appearance, they can't afford the rents. And a lot of people in their early twenties have to move out of the Greater Boston to north central western mass to pay there to get a better rent. Too much of their salary, too much of their money is going for rent, and they don't have money for entertainment.
Speaker 2: So you think that we need to raise the minimum wage? What's the minimum wage in Massachusets now? Fifteen dollars an hour?
Speaker 6: He is?
Speaker 5: And Dan, you know, in nineteen sixty three, when I was a bundle boy, I made a dollar ten in an hour, and that dollar ten bought more goods than fifteen dollars does today.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, that's that's an offshoot of inflation. What do you think the minimum wage should be in Massachusetts?
Speaker 5: Joe, I don't know, but I'm not an expert on that, Dan, But I think people should have, you know, money to go to a movie and to buy a book, and you know, to get a hamburger at McDonald's, things like that, you know, so they can afford things like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what do you think would be a Have you thought at all about what a fair like thirty dollars an hour? Would that be better?
Speaker 5: I don't know what the tax rate would be for the working man because of that, But I'm for people, you know, getting a decent salary. People kind of live on fifteen dollars. It needs to be twenty maybe twenty three?
Speaker 2: Okay, see, but why not reason like the forty or fifty an hour? You know, give people really something that they can put in their pocket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but how much would the tax payer have to pay out of their paycheck for that?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you were to double my salary, I would be more than happy to pay more taxes.
Speaker 5: But well, would the rich people have to pay?
Speaker 2: Well, the rich people are always going to pay a lot. But what I'm saying is if I don't know how much you make in salary, but I'm diet, Dan, well, I don't know. Are you on a pension or on social security?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Dan, the best job I ever had, I don't have a good work in history. The best job I ever had was working as a meal man for two and a half years.
Speaker 2: Good for you, okay, and no pension? So what are you living on? Joe.
Speaker 5: I'd rather not go into that, Dan, because it doesn't builds me up.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Okay, all right, well don't. I don't want to get too personal, that's for sure. But Joe as always appreciate your call.
Speaker 5: Can I give you a twenty five second compliment?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 5: I want to appreciate you for your stand for Israel, you're fighting anti anti Semitism, your positive attitude, and especially europe patriotism. Nobody does it better Dan.
Speaker 2: Joe, You're very kind. You're much too kind, but I appreciate the kind words Joe has always talked to you. Soon, my friend, God bless right back at you. Okay, let me keep rolling here. Let me see what Harrison in New York says. Harrison in New York, How are you, sir?
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm fine. I just ran across your program while I was wandering through the dial and I heard you. I remember listening to Bob Kennedy contact on wb Z.
Speaker 2: That's a few years ago.
Speaker 9: Yeah, close to sixty years ago. Maybe an adult then too.
Speaker 2: We welcome Welcome back with mister Harrison. Whereabouts are you in the big City? Are you upstairs?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 9: No, I'm I'm I'm in a. I'm sort of halfway between Albany and Utica. Northwest of Albany, east of Utica.
Speaker 2: I'm familiar with Albany. I think you got a great restaurant there is it called Is it called Zach's or Jacks. It's a big, big restaurant right right in the center of Albany, beautiful Mahogany restaurant with.
Speaker 9: Real that's an old restaurant.
Speaker 2: Helped me with was it Jacks or Zach's? I forget which I think.
Speaker 9: It was Jacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Also, I don't know because I don't get to Albany to okay, And I'm.
Speaker 2: Very familiar with Utica too. A buddy of mine who played with the Red Sox for many years, grew up in Utica.
Speaker 9: Do you know where Gloversville is?
Speaker 2: I bet you. My intuition tells me that's where you live.
Speaker 9: That's where I live.
Speaker 2: How about that? I got a pretty good intuition. So tell me, what do you think about this? This idea that the vice president has of.
Speaker 9: No tips, It's not her idea. Donald Trump proposed it a month ago in the very place, very Las Vegas where she proposed it.
Speaker 2: Well, I was wondering about that because I got this other SoundBite here which I hadn't listened too much. Uh, let me play this SoundBite because I think you might be right. Okay, this is sound by ten A Rob. Hold On, Harrison, here's ten A Rob. Go ahead. This is the first time I've said this.
Speaker 10: And for those hotel workers and people that get tips, you're gonna be very happy because when I get to off, we are going to not charge taxes on tips.
Speaker 11: People making tips. We're not going to do it. And we're going to do that right.
Speaker 10: Away, first thing in office, because it's been a point of contention for years and years and years, and you do a great job of service. You take care of people, and I think it's going to be something that really is deserved. More important, popular or unpopular. I do some unpopular things too. If it's right for the country, I do what's right. But so those people that have jobs in restaurants, whatever the job may be, a tipping job, we're not going after for taxes anymore.
Speaker 2: If this will be under you know, Harrison, You're I wish you you listened more because frankly, you you caught it. You nailed it, Harrison.
Speaker 9: Well, I will try to now are you on every weekday night when you're on.
Speaker 2: Eight to midnight on Nightside. I've only been here a scant seventeen years, so you've missed the first seventeen years.
Speaker 9: Of the program. Well, I wander the dials a lot, and your station comes in all day and all night.
Speaker 2: Well I appreciate that. Also. By the way, Harrison, I want you to know this is our I keep a record of these things. Tomorrow night it will be our four thousandth edition of Night Side.
Speaker 9: Oh is that nice?
Speaker 2: So tonight you you you've missed three ninety eight.
Speaker 9: I apologize for that. I also pick up your sister stations on six eighty and twelve hundred in this location, but not as well as I get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'll tell you. WBZ is a big station, as you know. When I think about our sister stations, I think of KDKA and Pittsburgh.
Speaker 9: And I get them.
Speaker 2: Jay Z in Baltimore, KYW, those the old West House stations.
Speaker 9: Oh sure, a group w I remember I remember when your station used to say WBZ, WBZA, Boston and Springfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, that's true, Harrison. What do you do in New York? I'm interested you you sound like a pretty sharp guy here, and you've been listening to radio for a while. What sort of business or what sort of work have you done.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm a watchmaker by trade, but I'm quite a number of years retired. I'm older than Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, there was a lot of folks older. But like, can I tell you something, and please, I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. I wish you with the president because you sound like you're on top of your game and whatever your age and age is not important.
Speaker 9: It's it isn't your age, it's your ability. Yes, I don't know if I could physically handle the demands of the office. I have quite a bit of arthritis, not that that's an important thing, but you know, I know people that are over one hundred that are mentally at least is alert if I as I am, if not more alert. And I know people young a lot younger than I am that have sort of drifted out to you know, it's it's a sad thing that happens. You got in one of the ways that the body deterioration. There isn't a whole lot you can do about it. If you're stricken with it.
Speaker 2: Well, look, Harrison, I hope you become a regular caller. I've enjoyed this call. We're going to give you a round of applause that can give to all these to a first time caller.
Speaker 9: Why, I've enjoyed it too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is you can listen to some of our past broadcast. I don't know you. I will bet you. You're probably good on the internet. Just go to night now.
Speaker 9: No, Unfortunately, I've never gotten into any of that technology. I have a portable radio that I bought in nineteen sixty one that I listened to you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's great. But for those out there who are listening, we post all of our hours on our podcast in podcast form at Nightside on demand dot com, so you can go back and listen to many of our shows. We've done this for a long time, Harrison. I was a TV reporter up here for thirty one.
Speaker 9: Years and on channel what four, five seven four, Channel four. Well, once in a while I used to get WBZ Channel four from mere very snowy, but I could pick it up.
Speaker 2: Well. I got to tell you there, I was out there in many snowstorms as a TV reporter that might have been me only kidding, Holy kidd and I couldn't I couldn't resist. But as I say, I've been doing this now well going into year eighteen, and I'm thinking about making a career out of this broadcast thing. Harrison.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you've been in it a while. I was in broadcasting for a while too, I did.
Speaker 2: That, dude. Were you in management? Were you an advertiser?
Speaker 9: Well, I was a music director, program director and on air personality, and I played the music of my generation, the silent generation, the music before rock and roll.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, who was your favorite artist to play on the radio.
Speaker 9: I don't know that I had one that I singled out. I played anything from Guy Lombardo to Perry Como, Les Pole and Mary Ford, Rosemary Clooney, Frank Sinatra, all of those people.
Speaker 2: Doris Day, There's no doubt about that, Harrison. I hope you become a regular listener and a regular caller. I really enjoyed this call.
Speaker 9: Well, I enjoyed it too, and I very much appreciate your taking the call.
Speaker 2: You bet you talk soon, all right. By the way, the Mets have an outfielder whose name is Harrison. Bader used to play with the Yankees, and he was a big, big hero a couple of years ago for the Yankees in the playoffs. And he's kind of been back to the miners and now he's back up with the Mets.
Speaker 9: So well, I haven't followed I haven't followed baseball for a number of years. I used to follow the Boston Braves. Then they went to Milwaukee, they did, and I followed them out there. Then once they went to Atlanta and the Dodgers went to Left Brooklyn, I gave up on baseball.
Speaker 2: I don't never give up on baseball. It is still it's still the greatest game. Okay.
Speaker 9: The thing that it was back in the day, your team was consistent. If you had a player on your team, he was loyal to your team. He stayed with your team, he did his whole career. You're now the talent players are traded all over. The team's move from here to there to there, and there's no sense of belonging to the team anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, that was because of a guy named Andy master Schmidt and also Kurt Flood. And that's good for the players. They they got their free agency. They used to have this, uh, this clause in their contract that they couldn't get out of this these clauses. And that's as I'm sure you you followed that, that legal wrangling, and it's good for the place.
Speaker 12: I remember it.
Speaker 9: I I don't know that I followed it, but I remember.
Speaker 2: The news coming at you. Hang in there, we'll talk again.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much, Take care.
Speaker 2: Welcome, here comes the news coming back on nights Side. Let's talk about So. I guess this was Donald Trump's idea, and it sounds to me like maybe maybe the vice president has parloined an idea. Is that fair? Everything's fair in love in politics?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Love war in politics? I guess before you can steal your opponent's ideas. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side Withst's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Here we go, let's go back to the call. It's gonna go to day. Excuse me, John in Provincetown, Hey John, welcome to Nightside. How are you, sir? Welcome?
Speaker 7: No, not bad.
Speaker 13: I'm actually not a stranger to nights that I live in well Fleet, but I happen to be in Provincetown.
Speaker 2: Well Fleet, Provincetown. Two beautiful parts of the Cape.
Speaker 13: Yep, yep, indeed, you know.
Speaker 2: By the way, a beautiful day today in New England. I was last week in uh in beautiful Italy, where the temperatures most days were close to or over one hundred. Today was the most refreshing day I've ever felt echnic in my life. Go right ahead, only.
Speaker 13: It was a beautiful day on the water. I had you had a charter out of my boat earlier, so got in right before the showers. So what do you anyway?
Speaker 2: I mean, is it okay for one of these presidential candidates to steal and I did from the other presidential candidate.
Speaker 13: But here's the thing. Your last caller brought this up, by the way, that was an excellent call.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, he was. I happened to read about this myself at breakfast and looking at Yahoo News on my tablet that there was a CBS report when Donald Trump suggested this, and the CBS report wasted no time in pointing out that quote unquote experts unquote stated that passage removing taxation from tips would cost the federal government X billion dollars in lost revenue. But when they covered the same outfit covered Kamala Harris suggestion of of of stopping I think I know exactly the same thing, and no mention was made as to what the cost it would be in terms of lost revenue. Now, I think it's an excellent idea, Don't get me wrong. And I'm I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm not a not a Harris supporter either, but I think no matter who it came from, it was excellent. It's just to me that betrays the inherent bias in our news media. People deny that it exists, but I think that's just one of many examples of of basically sort of lying by omission. And you know they mentioned the lost revenue when suggestion comes from a Republican now, but from the Democrat it's hailed as a brilliant thought.
Speaker 2: You know something, John, You're a great caller, Okay, a brilliant caller. And I did not hear the two CBS reports. But guess what, I'm not surprised. I am not surprised. I mean that the national news media has been bending over backwards. Do you know that the vice president, who I have said, and I've used the phrase that it is the first immaculate nomination in the history of this country, because when you think about it, it's almost miraculous. Didn't campaign, never got one single vote, spent no money, and by the way, after having failed miserably in twenty nineteen and twenty twenties, she was in and out of the race that year and was abysmal failure. But this is like a miracle, isn't it? Well?
Speaker 13: And the thing is too that you know, we all have heard and I find it troubling. You know, some of some of the rambling and incoherent statements that Donald Trump has made, as well as some of the outright falsehoods. But Kamala Harris has a long track record of some very puzzling public statements.
Speaker 2: You're kind to me some of those those statements puzzling, and like, I like people who are kind, because I consider myself to be kind. And I was waiting how long was going to take for someone to make the point, But you made it brilliantly that not only did they, you know, report it probably as a straight face, but reported it differently and in terms of putting it in context, and with Trump it was. But it's going to cost the government money at a time when we're running a big debt. Why would we want to do that. But when the vice president steals the idea, by the way, potentially never if she what she should have said was, look, I was the vice president for three and a half years. This thought never occurred to me. But guess what, I got to give my opponent credit, and I'm stealing the ideas. So no matter who you elect, whether it's him or me. Yeah, wow.
Speaker 5: And I.
Speaker 13: Don't know the way I feel about it. You know, I don't support either of these candidates. I think it's just another example of the lesser of two evils being evil.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's not helping, that's well said. I'm going to stay.
Speaker 13: But the fact is that one of these people is going to become our president, and whoever it is, is going to be my president, for better or for worse. Yeah, that's how I have to look at it.
Speaker 2: Well, I look at it the same way. And I will tell you that I haven't voted in the last two presidential elections. I've I've voted in you know, I've taken my ballot, voted in Senate races and all of that. But I think I'm going to have to cast a vote because I don't want to go three turn three elections without casting a vote.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I don't blame you. I've always in presidential elections for the last though I don't know twenty five years, i've I've voted libertarian. I'm a firm believer that one of the worst aspects of our political life is that we are stuck in this two party duopoly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the problem. The problem is that and a lot of libertarian friends of mine, I think that at some point you have to say, Okay, it's like, you know, rooting for a It's wonderful to have been a fan of, you know, some baseball team that never breaks five hundred because you're a loyal fan of that team, but at some point you'd like to see them win. If you get my drift, I know what you mean.
Speaker 13: But my feeling is, you know, I live in Massachusetts, Massachusetts. You know the electoral votes are going to go to the Democrat. Yeah, But in the meantime, votes for a third party will help build that third party up over time, if you know such a thing as possible.
Speaker 2: And let's assume you built a third party that was legitimately equivalent with the Republican Party and the Democratic Party, who do you think would benefit most from that.
Speaker 13: The American public?
Speaker 2: Which political party would would? Do you think that that would? Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is that most Libertarians, have given a choice, would vote for a Republican if they were it was whittled down to one of two choices. I mean, the Republicans may not be perfect, but they are for the most part less inclined to use the cudgel of government to impose their will on the general public.
Speaker 13: Well, you know, I don't know about that. Ask the woman in North Carolina who's looking for an abortion.
Speaker 2: In North Carolina who's looking for an abortion might be able to take a ride up to Maryland. I mean, you know, there's you know, there's a.
Speaker 13: Not if, not if some of these Republicans have their way and they want to put the kibosh on interstate travel for that purpose.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's true. And if that's if that is the issue that is the most compelling issue, then you've got to vote. You gotta you gotta vote Libertarian and maybe eventually Democrat. Some people it is the single issue that's most important. John, I hate to do this to you, but I got to run here. Because I'm past my break and I still got to get four or five calls in, So I'm gonna just good for now.
Speaker 13: Always great to talk to, talk one back more often.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, thanks, John, appreciate it. Let me jump in here real quickly. I don't want Bob to wait in main, Bob. I'm gonna get you in here before the break. Go ahead, Bob. Yeah, him, Oh that's a bad canser. Crop do me your favor. Put Bob and holdt explaining we're going to clean up his his connection. Let me go real quickly, Anthony in Quincy, Anthony, I'll get you in here before the break.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Anthony, Okay, I'll be quick.
Speaker 14: Donald Trump said that at the rally in Las Vegas June seventeenth, to all the service workers waitresses. He said it a few more times at his rally. I think Kamala should worry about all the illegal immigrants and do a job as the borders are instead of stealing Donald Trump's ideas. I appreciate you taking my time.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Well, first, first of all, imitation, They say imitation is the highest form of flattery, so so maybe down deep, the vice president wanted to flatter for the former president. I don't know you. You nailed no no, wait sec now, Azarina, let's let's not be sexist.
Speaker 12: Dear anything you want.
Speaker 2: Dan, Hey, man, I love I love the call of Anthony, really really good. And you saved me a little bit on time. I owe you. Okay, thank you, thanks man, talk soon. Okay, we got Anthony, which is great. Uh, Bob, if you call back, we'll get you and we had we'll get your line cleaned up. We got Danielle, we get Lola, two of my favorite female callers coming up. We will get Bob on the other side, and maybe you six one seven.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way Live from the Window World Nights Sin Studios i' WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Bob is called back, Bob, we got your line cleaned up. I think go.
Speaker 15: Ahead, Hey Dan. So it's a good topic. I've been thinking about it for years. However, you know, you look at you look at Vegas, and you look at how much money is generating through tips. It's it's it's no wonder they're picking Vegas for the topic. But a friend of mine one two hundred and fifty seven thousand, and the lady got a twenty two thousand dollars tip. I mean, so there's going to be a cap, you know, there will be, and so that's gonna be very disappointing.
Speaker 2: But dollars once in a lifetime. That's like someone hits the lottery, don't you think exactly?
Speaker 15: But it happens all day long in Vegas.
Speaker 2: You know, twenty two thousand dollar tips?
Speaker 12: Yeah, oh yeah, come on, absolutely, you got to look it up.
Speaker 15: You should have a topic on that.
Speaker 5: Someone.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe we'll send me an article on it and we can do something with it. I would appreciate that, because every once in a while you here some story that I don't know, you know, Mark Wahlberg was out to dinner with his family and left a five thousand dollars tip, and it's like, oh my god, if you if you get me some stats on that, we'll do something on it. We might end up I might end up being a waiter in Vegas if that's the situation.
Speaker 15: Okay, well, a lot of my friends have actually thought of moving to Vegas to do that, just because get.
Speaker 2: Me some stats on it, get me a story on it about how frequently someone gets you know, tips over well five thousand dollars a thousand dollars. They don't have to be able to twenty two thousand dollars is an incredible sum of money.
Speaker 15: Really, yeah, well that's just an automatic tip. But this is not the real reason I called. The real reason I called is you have to look at what's going on. Okay, the rich are not getting their needs filled. Okay, they go to restaurants, there's nobody working. Nobody really wants to work in hospitality. Interesting anymore. It's all you think that.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump is basically this has helped Okay, so you're saying this is not really helping the workers. It's really helping the rich people to get quick service.
Speaker 15: And about helping the people, it's about getting the ridge track got you?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I didn't. I didn't even realize the rich rough track, Bob I got to run. I think that's a really interesting take. I thank you, thank you for calling back. Talk to you. Bye bye. Danielle and Worcester. Danielle garright ahead.
Speaker 7: Well, actually I'm calling you from East Ham. I'm on my vacation, all right. My blood was boiling looking into some of these collars, so I just had to call in. And my mom actually called you when she was on the way home from here. Did you tell him you were my mother?
Speaker 9: She said, what do your mom call tonight?
Speaker 7: Marie from Middleborough?
Speaker 3: Remember she.
Speaker 2: Sounded very young.
Speaker 7: She because I'm trying to talk a hundred miles an how because I know them they have to go to break and I wanted to be able to say everything I have.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 7: She's so funny.
Speaker 2: That is fabulous, fabulous.
Speaker 7: So I've been listening and I didn't want to.
Speaker 6: I wasn't gonna call on my vacation, but.
Speaker 7: I said, you know what, I thank god the Harrison because she spoke up about I mean, my I'm like, I can did I just catch Dan giving Tamila Harris the credit for there's no tips? I'm like, oh my, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I got to keep I got to keep people on their toes. Danielle, come on, oh my god.
Speaker 7: But I'm like, wait a minute. William's always asked questions that they already know the answers to. So did they already know that this is this is Trump's idea?
Speaker 2: Come on, we're buddies and you know me. Come on, I'm always trying to I'm trying to make.
Speaker 7: People think I well, I think you did that, but it's so, this is so Kamala and I airish. She's a poppet. She's a puppet. There are YouTube videos and photo montages that people have put together of phrases that they'll give her to say during a speech, and I'll show her three different locations, three different days, using the exact same tagline. I mean, it's well, the.
Speaker 2: Republicans got to get their act together because at this point, she's the she's the darling of the national media. Hasn't held she hasn't done an interview, She's she's this is a again, this is a miraculous event. It's the immaculate land.
Speaker 7: Though they waited to get Joe out until it was too late to have a primary and have other Democrats. And it was planned, this was all stage.
Speaker 2: And it was it was it was well orchestrated.
Speaker 9: It was well a tip thing really quick.
Speaker 7: Massachusetts is there. They are a lobbyists are going to spend millions of dollars to make you think that raising the minimum wage for servers is going to help, and that is false. We do not want minimum wage because these guys do make good money and the service is personal. There are servers out there that are horrible, and there are servers out there that belong doing what they're doing, and they're great. And if I want to pull one hundred dollar bill out of my pocket and give it to somebody for doing a great job for my family, whatever, I should be able to do that. And quite frankly, they should have to claim it. And you know what, none, No, let's be honest. The restaurants you disagree.
Speaker 2: With Trump money because you disagree with Trump.
Speaker 7: No, I agree, all right.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, daniel I got I got to give them a little bit of time, Okay.
Speaker 9: No tax, enjoy the vacation.
Speaker 2: You haven't talked to me in a long time. It's great to hear your voice.
Speaker 7: I know, vote No. One that number five Massachusetts and we'll talk about Danielle.
Speaker 2: Lowly in San Diego. Lollly, you gotta be quick for me. I am going to have a tough time, yeah, doing what you're asking me to do.
Speaker 9: But go ahead, okay.
Speaker 6: So the fast food rate, the fast food payscale is twenty bucks an hour in California. The minimum wage is sixteen dollars an hour as of January first, twenty twenty four. In May the fourteen piece bucket meal at KFC in San Diego was forty three dollars and ninety nine cents. So you raised the minimum wage right so people can't afford it.
Speaker 8: Now, guess what all the restaurants one by one are closing.
Speaker 9: No job, well again, look at Cali.
Speaker 8: Look at Cali, and you know it's coming here.
Speaker 2: Kelly is our future. Let's talk before. How's your mom doing?
Speaker 9: She's good.
Speaker 8: I can leave now, she's good. So I sent you a message.
Speaker 2: I got the medals and I oh you were called.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, I'll talk to.
Speaker 8: I retacked, I retext I know, yes, okay, to go, good.
Speaker 2: Night, okay. Uh, I hate to do this. Patrick, you really late. I can give you literally fifteen seconds.
Speaker 12: Thanks a lot, Dan, I hope you had a good timemun Vacation's good to have you back.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 12: The one thing I wanted to mention was the immaculate nomination. Yes, I think that the reason for it that no one's talking about is that they looked at the numbers and realized Biden was going to get his doors blown off, and that they'd rather have this sacrifessional lam. I'm at her doors.
Speaker 2: Blown Okay, all right, you got it in, but I gotta go. Okay, we'll talk soon. Call early you tend to call late. Rob. Thank you very much, Marita, Thank you very much. Dan and the booth helping Rob, thank him very much. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why, Pal Charlie Rayes, who passed fourteen years Gold February, that's where all your pets are past. They loved you, You love them. I do believe you see them again, see you get them on that. Everybody good to be back