Speaker 1: Hey guys, Dano here, Welcome to this week's episode of four Finger Discount. We do appreciate all of your support here at the network. Now I'm here to give you guys a bit of a heads up. As you may be able to tell from the title, you're not going to be getting a season twenty review this week. What you're getting is a Patreon exclusive review. We are releasing it now for free as a bonus for you guys, for all of your support here over the last ten years, almost ten years, and it's going to be a review of Homer alone. Now. We recorded this two and a half years ago and released it exclusively on our Patreon where we release bonus callback reviews, classic reviews with guy myself regularly on our Patreon channel week and support us and get access to these. But I'll give it to you for free because this week it's been a bit hard, been a bit behind schedule. Because you may or may not be aware I've not supported of ours on Patreon that my wife, Nicola, co host of the One About Friends podcast, she is back in the UK. Well, she came back last night, but she's been over in the UK for the last three weeks. Visiting family, and I've stayed back here in Australia with the children just so Nickola can go have some time with the family by herself. And I've been doing Dan daycare for three weeks and it's been a bit chaotic, you know, It's been fun learn a few things. But I thought, what better episode to release for free as a bonus Patreon exclusive to allow us off your back on track. Then Homer Alone, an absolute classic episode Homer is home by himself with the kids. I feel I did a better job than Homer, but I can certainly relate a lot more to Homer in this episode. Now. So this is our review of Homer Alone that we recorded back in August of twenty twenty two. We thought we were releasted it for free for you guys, and we're back on track as of next week. But thank you so much for all of your support here at four figure discount. We would not be around without all of your support for listening each and every week. Please continue to rate review us on Apple Podcasts. If you listened to us on Spotify, check us five stars on there as well. We're closing in on four hundred. I want to hit five hundred five star reviews on Spotify, So if you listen to us on there, please do so. Pull your phone out right now to check us five stars as you listen, and leave us a few kind words. If you listen to us on Apple Podcasts as well, whereby do you listen to the show? All the support it all matters, It all really goes a long way. And if you can't support us on Patreon, you can do so for as little as just one single dollar we do per month, and it really does help kick the lights on here at fourfing a discount when it comes to buying new equipment, paying editors, and just caving things on track here. But as I said, this is our review of Homer Alone, recorded all the way back in August of twenty twenty two. We back with our regular programming as of next week. I'm Dana. Thanks again for all of your support, and I hope you enjoy a review of Homer Alone.
Speaker 2: This is Can't Brockmann reporting live from Arnie Pie's traffic copter. But I can assure you this is no mere morning traffic report. Hey face the facts. Arnie and overworked, an underappreciated housewife has snapped and parked her car on the bridge, refusing to budge. This reporter is now going to be lowered down in the Channel six Sky Harness for an exclusive interview.
Speaker 3: Now, hey, how what.
Speaker 4: Hey, sweetheart? What's the matter?
Speaker 3: Not getting enough of the good stuff at home?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: Welcome to Guy on Springfield. Yes, the very first episode officially of Guy on Springfield here on the four Finger Discount Patreon channel. Also this one episode exclusively on our YouTube channel. So thank you for watching this. If you are watching us here on the four Finger Discount YouTube channel, We'll love each and every single one of you. So basically Guy on Springfield. Oh, first of all, I'll produce myself. I'm Dan. Oh you are Guy on Springfield. You are Guy on Springfield? Yes, Guy on Springfield. Middle name On. So basically, Go on Springfield is the show where Guy and myself we go back and revisit a classic episode from the first ten seasons of The Simpsons. Voted by our patrons each and every month on the Patreon channel, we'll them choose an episode we go back and revisit it. Because Guy joined us in season eleven, as you'd be well aware, so we go back pick an episode from the Golden Era, and we revisit it, and today we are here to review eight f one four Homer Alone, an incredible episode of The Simpsons, A very underrated episode that doesn't get spoken about enough. I thought this was just amazing.
Speaker 5: How was this episode underrated? Who is not singing the praises of Homer alone?
Speaker 1: We just never see it on my best of list. It's always the same cliche ones. And if I ask someone was your favorite episode, this one very rarely gets brought up, and myself as well. I hadn't revisited this one in quite some time, and now that I've only I've revisited it, actually since I've been a dad. So now that I'm a dad with a wife who's very stressed out and underappreciated, and a forl worked who could probably do with a visit to ranch over Lexo, and two kids that just demand attention. I love them, but I relate to this episode so much because if Nicola left the house, I would be Homer.
Speaker 5: Well, I literally am a Homer alone, given that I am not a single gentleman, but I am a gentleman who lives by himself.
Speaker 1: The lovely Louise lives across.
Speaker 5: Town, and yes I do visit there a fair bit, but yes I'm alone, gentleman. But even then, you know, there are still times when I feel the stresses of modern life feels like it's a rat in my brain. So yes, I can relate to Marge in the sense I can certainly relate to Homer in terms of like, oh my god, if I had to care for a small child, for an infant, I'd just be all at sea. So yeah, but there's so much to enjoy in this episode, and just from the very beginning to the very very end, there's not a wasted moment, not a wasted opportunity. That's stuff that we talk about a fair bit on the show of how you know, a good episode of The Simpsons uses every part of the buffalo, and that's exactly what this one does. It's just chock full of great visuals, Grade one liners and at the base of it, I'm sorry to keep repeating myself, folks, but it's just got a really good solid storyline, you know. I mean that works on multiple levels as well. Marge is stressed out, needs a break home, rest to take over. He doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. The kids have to stay. The kids have to stay with with Paddy and Selma, and they hate it.
Speaker 1: Oh, the March doesn't trust Homer with the kids. That is true. That is true.
Speaker 5: And Maggie makes it a little bit of a getaway and a searching for Marge all over down and seeing you in all these various spots, but they don't turn out to be March.
Speaker 1: There's so much happening. It's really just chock full of goodness. Yes, but as we say that, and I do completely agree, But it's also just such a very simple premise as well. It's not an elaborate story, but it's a very simple story. But it's a lot happening. And I think of all the revisited classics that Guy's Prefit episodes have done so far, this one I think's felt the most human. It's just so normal because I think anyone who is married with a couple of kids who are still at a young age can relate to this. It's impossible to not relate to this episode in one way or another. It's just it's amazing.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, even if you don't have, you know, kids gloring at your little trouser eggs or anything like that, everyone has felt the stresses of everyday life and just you know, needs to take a little bit of a break every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Life is stressful. Life is indeed stressful. I mean, take some time out for yourself. If you're listening or watching right now and you haven't treated yourself to something, go and treat yourself as important at least once a week. Treat yourself to something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even if it's only an episode of four Finger Discount.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, or if it's just an apple pie for me Donald's.
Speaker 5: Or a kremble at pipe but maybe an apple pie.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 5: But we like to think of ourselves as the wrench Overlaxo a podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, we try to be with my sweet sweet voice and your I love. I think people listen to this show for your laugh. My aim of each podcast is to get you to do the well you can't breathe laughs, one of life's pure joys. Well, we'll work on.
Speaker 5: We'll see what we can find this shot with this episode, because there's plenty of moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my favorite. So what were your favorite moments from Homer alone?
Speaker 5: What did I enjoy in this? Aside from the humor, one bit that I really liked was showing how efficient Marge was it changing Maggie. I'm always a sucker for anyone who's good at their job or good at their task. And admittedly it's sort of muscle memory for Marge at this stage. You know, she's on her third kid, and she's got the nappy changing or the diaper changing for our American friends process down to or fine art. But I just love that, you know, nothing but Nett getting into the getting the dirty nappy into the bin. I don't know, I just like that sequence. Thought it was pretty well done.
Speaker 1: Well, it was great because it gets paid off later her Homer can't put the nap beyond, so he staples there.
Speaker 5: There there's one bit in here that strikes me as I'm pretty sure the Simpsons didn't invent this, but it felt like the generation that grew up on the Simpsons learned it from the Simpsons. It's when Maggie sort of walking the streets or crawling the streets, and she goes past lou Brigham Palace or whatever it is, and that the squeaky voice teens out the front.
Speaker 1: Go now job while you wake Ufna so the guys don't touch me.
Speaker 5: That's that that really strikes me as such a just a classic Simpsons gag.
Speaker 1: Just that don't touch me. So, yeah, that's fantastic.
Speaker 5: And anytime, well you've got squeaky voice teen putting on an English accent, that's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 5: I got a big, big laugh at Homer calling the missing person's hotline or the missing baby hotline and baby come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean reminded me of the Treos of Horror where Marge is calling the hotline for the krusty dog that's killing Homer and she answers the phone. It's like everybody loves the clown, so why don't you? But my favorite bit, it's not really a joke, it's sort of a joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But Marge gets to Rancho Alexo and she's listening to w Koma I think, and it's the adults tones of Harry.
Speaker 1: She was saying, no.
Speaker 5: Super set of songs about clouds, which is something I have put into my everyday vernacular when I just want to describe something really just completely chilled. It's like there was a super set of song about cloud What did you enjoy, Dana, what were your favorite bits?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just this is more about the story and I forgot to mention in the little intro there, but I just love how they acknowledged how important Marge is to the structure of the family. She doesn't have a job, but trust me, being a mother and being a wife, it's the job that's probably the hardest job in the world, that is probably probably is the hardest job in the world. But it was just it was great because I'm going into just thinking this would be really good for little kids and husbands watching it with their kids to watch this and go, shit, maybe I should probably respect my spouse more and do more for it. It's actually it's actually a learning lesson in this episode. Really well done.
Speaker 5: I don't want to throw any children under the bus here, but believe me, I love throwing children under the bus, both literally and metaphorically. But I was over at the Lovely Louises last night.
Speaker 1: Louise can even have the sandwich.
Speaker 5: She contacted me and she's like, I'm really tired, do you want to come over for dinner?
Speaker 1: And I sort of read that as kind of do you want to make dinner? I'm like, I got no problem with that.
Speaker 5: I'd had a relatively lazy afternoon, you know, listening to a super set of songs about clouds, and.
Speaker 1: He rocked up with me Donalds. Right, No, I did not.
Speaker 5: Lou has got the sincely got the Hello Fresh kits. She had Dinnery for a while and now she's onto how Fresh.
Speaker 1: Used have the free membership deal, So she'd been on to the next one. I think so.
Speaker 5: But I got there and we were having what was it like Caribbean rissoles or something along those lines. It was actually pretty nice and fairly easily to assemble. Fairly easy to assemble, and I was feeling like Jamie Oliver in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Just weping it all together. Of course, with the Lovely Luisa's help. The deal. We've talked about the.
Speaker 5: Deal in the past. Whoever doesn't cook cleans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how it should work. It makes sense.
Speaker 5: We serve up the dish to the two boys who were there, and they're out the door, so we left with this kitchen looks like a bomb hit at No looks I'm cleaning as well.
Speaker 1: I've got no I should have said that out loud. I didn't have a problem.
Speaker 5: Wait what, No, I didn't have a problem with it either. Actually, I mean the Lovely Louis and I did a bit of clean together and then we chilled on the couch with some ninety days. I want, how do we.
Speaker 1: Get to this? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I was really underbusses, which I'm gonna go do after this. I'm just gonna find a random kid. Yeh, trick your mother better. But it got me thinking about when I was a young man and I was probably like, thanks.
Speaker 1: For doing a mom.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go no play, I play with myself, probably play Scotch.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. Please stickball? Your kids want to play stick ball again? One of my favorite Simpson's lines ever. But yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: I think this episode should be sort of mandatory viewing for uh, neglectful husbands or not neglectful, but just.
Speaker 1: Just any husband or child, just to remind you your mom's there. God forbid your mom isn't there, but you know, if your mom's still there, whoever is in that role in your life, respect them, look after them, help them out, respect the mother. Yeah, don't take them for granted, that is for sure. But my favorite moments were I love the guy walking up, look, let it this better be good? Is it in the bolt? Also, mister teenie, stop feeling with Look now you got chucking over everything. Just so I'm like, that is me when I'm in the car with the kids, or just like, mister teeny is my children. Don't now look what you've done? I said, don't touch it? Now? Is this baller part? Then he starts crying and I get louder. And I also really liked, hey, baby or hay, sweetheart, what's the matter. Don't get enough of the good stuff for home? That is just so much. That is such a power planted factory mentality, Like all blokes are, sweetheart, and enough good stuff? And oh I thought it was fucking so good.
Speaker 3: Next question, you there eating the beast.
Speaker 1: It is time for some trivia. But as we do here on four Finger Discount, we read out the names of our beloved twenty dollars patrons now join the free feet. On the normal show, we pick a patron of the wheat, but this is a Patreon exclusive, so we won't do that. We'll just read through their names. I's gotta find those names first. Hang on, here we go. You should have memorized them by I should have memorized That's right, all right. I'll kick off today with One, Jenni Rice, as well as Christopher Trent Darby, Andrew Zr, Jordan Moleman, Richie Steamham Champion, Dylan Haggart, Sally Kimberly, Hanks Scorpio, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood, Jonathan Rossy, Zach Prewitt, Timothy Burlson, Joel Yoland, Katy g Daniel Kotnick, Shannon Hofer, Rhys Roberts, Adam Sanderson, George Mcmadamee, Stephen Roberts, Sean Dve Bella, Window Bank, David Stewart, Tom Pickering, Mark Boston, Burgess, Grund Skipper, Nolla, and Declan Phoenix. Thank you so much, guys for your ongoing support. Remember, guys, if you do want to get your name right out on each and every episode of Fourthinger discount, I'm just gonna be a twenty dollars Patron Patreon dot com slash fourth Finger discount. If you're watching us on YouTube, the link is in a description of this podcast, and when you support the show as little as one dollar per month, you can get access to exclusive podcast the Facebook group We get to Banter with Guy Myself monthly zoom Chats with Guy Myself Prize draws and so much more. All right, mister Davis, how have you got breath left? As I say, good sproken? The first question from myself for Homer alone is where was the last vacation that the family went on? Oh? I remember that it's holding but over the whole, over the bottomless pit or something lake something mystic caverns, mystic caverns.
Speaker 5: Roto no points to me, but this may get you a point.
Speaker 1: Where was Bart's lucky red cap? Behind the toilet? Behind the toilet, It's always the last place you look. My next question is what bridge does Marge pull over on? What's the name of the bridge? Antipie says it he.
Speaker 5: Does too, and for the life of me, I can't remember. Is the central something?
Speaker 1: It's three words, the Springfield Memorial Bridge? Springfield Memorial Bridge.
Speaker 5: Well, while we're talking about bridges, who's us is behind march when she it's it's like a Chobbyville sports team of some kind, right?
Speaker 1: Not quite well, you're half right. It's Chelbyville something. What is it, Challbyville Criminals. It's the Chelbyville players players. I thought players was like team players, like sports.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's it's as in the play. Oh, okay, there you go, because they're all in. They're all in costumes, don't I didn't. I didn't see the costumes. There you go, all right, And my final question is, are you ready, mister Davis?
Speaker 1: Hit me? All right? What is the name of the messus? Where have you been on my life? Peck? That's that's Clared Peck, famous actor Gregory Gregory. Because there was a was there a Ricardo and there was chef that was chef Ricardo. Yeah, a couple of questions for you. Maybe hit me? Maybe just one or but I could give you hit me with two. They've paid for this. Let's let's give him something give him.
Speaker 5: According to the is a billin. According to Bill of Marty Ye, whose wife is dead.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know if that's lost the w and I just went through a glass window or something.
Speaker 5: Like glass windows. Blood everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's justin Sherman, justin Sherman. AyKa, what a horrible, horrible prank. I hate prank calls. Never. I never liked prank call. When I was younger, I liked it, but then I grew up and went it's when I got to the age where I went, would I like this? If this happened to me hollowly not. And your final question, where did Arnie Prye drop his bagel? The corner of fourteenth and something?
Speaker 5: Fourteenth and a nightmare on Watt Street?
Speaker 1: Alm, there you go fourteen now. Yeah, when as soon as I saw Arnie Pie, I thought guy was going to be happy. I love Artie Pye, you do indeed? Yes? All right, that's trivia for Homer Alone. Let's get into our full in depth review, shall we. Hopefully it's in depth? Hopefully so all right. The original air date was February sixth, nineteen ninety two. It was written by David M. Stern, the brother of who mister Davis.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's a really good question from Home Alone for real? Oh wow, I did not know that. Really, this is a fun episode. So Daniel Searn's a very good actor.
Speaker 1: I like that guy. Well the Wonder Years voiceover, correct, Wonder his voiceover Get Your Shot by Kevin McCallister. That's true, kids, He's most known for getting getting fucked up in Home Home Alone. Yeah. Probably. Yes.
Speaker 5: People of the eighties might know him from the great helicopter action movie Blue Thunder.
Speaker 1: Okay already. The episode was directed by Mark Kirkland. The chopboard gag I will not spank others, and the couch gag is the family or forms of pyramid with Maggie correct. I was like, because we're currently doing sorry for interesting, but we're currently on season sixteen of the show. On the on the normal four FIK discount going back and watching this getting the full Popper intro, and I don't think it was the full one, but it was the majority of I was like, this is nice, this feels like classic Simpsons.
Speaker 5: Now we get the whole inchelada.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is right, Now we go. Question.
Speaker 5: I was searching of this on Disney Plus brought to you from our friends at Disney, and they said it.
Speaker 1: Was episode fourteen. Yeah, season three.
Speaker 5: But then I was looking on Wikipedia to find see where I can find it, and I said it was episode fifteen.
Speaker 1: I saw that as well. I don't know what's going on now. I was very confused.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we could probably look it up and come up with an explanation, but we figured, dear listeners, why deprive you of a little fun. You can have your own detective work and find out why. Some people say it's fourteen, and some people say it's fifteen and when you find out, well, let us know, thanks very much.
Speaker 1: He can need to write into Simpsons mail Bag at gmail dot com or comment below on the video here on YouTube. That's where you are finding this episode, all right. The episode kicks off with while he COURTI.
Speaker 5: Roadrunner parody, isn't it indeed road Run a shout out.
Speaker 1: Yes, I didn't write down the names of the note shit, I should probably have looked that up.
Speaker 5: That bartist don't have a Cowis and Homer Homo neanderthalis.
Speaker 1: Or something or something like that. Yes, but yeah, just to take off of the old Looney Tunes cartoons.
Speaker 5: Running cartoons with yeah, the road Runner constantly eluding Wiley cod.
Speaker 1: And the episode from the very beginning is setting up the fact that Marge under appreciate it. So they run past with Schnannigan's they smashed the lamp, march like, I'm not cleaning that up? Who am I? Kid? So you know, showed away Marge not being appreciated. Here, she's doing all the all the jobs that no one else is even not that even what to do it. But I don't even realize that there jobs to be done. That's the thing about March. She does all the jobs that everyone else doesn't even realize exist.
Speaker 5: And if she didn't do them, you know that people would notice.
Speaker 1: Exactly right. It's like when I felt horrible about a month ago, go home from work and the sink was full of dishes and the floor hadn't been vacuum and blah blah blah. Remember looking at it going I didn't say anything. I was like, the house is messy today, Nicholas, like I didn't have time to do anything, and I was like, shit, Nicol do so much that I just did not realize, like I need to pull finger out of my asshole and actually do some more work.
Speaker 5: But wash it first and then do and then do the kill two birds of one stone.
Speaker 1: But Maggie, she went that go over a pacifier, and then, as you were saying, before she gets her change. I just love the way that they emphasized how good she is at it, which really plays into Homer not being able to do it at all. I remember the first time I tried, I'm terrible changing, Holy snappy Elliott, I've got this down. But there's something about I always said, Nicola, and it it might sound ridiculous, but obviously Holly is a girl. She has girl bits, right, Yes, I'm just scared that I'm not gonna I'm scared how do I clean down there? Like I don't want to get it in there?
Speaker 5: You're going to wipe the right way as opposed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to wipe down. I supposed to wipe up. I just feel like I'm ill equipped to get it all cleaned properly. I'm just like I try, I do it, and I'm just like Nikola, can you just double check?
Speaker 5: Please know you're why around these pots exactly?
Speaker 1: It pots pieces. That's extra mustard for Barnes slay, I knowing not lengthwise, light mail for Lisa. Cut off the crust, double boloney for a home.
Speaker 5: You make mim well my lucky red cat, and I ain't I make me get you?
Speaker 3: Could I have two damages today, Make a Banoni cammage, mighty boloney, one at a time.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to make it jumble.
Speaker 5: There you go, Lisa, no pimentoes, bart Your hat's where your left and behind the toilet.
Speaker 1: Home. I'll sell your pants, but I'm out of baloney. Thanks Mom, Thanks Mom. Double baloney.
Speaker 5: Don't forget to make a double ballooney.
Speaker 1: It says like one more time, no, no, no, I owe this go off again? And then oh, I think also just love the way I haven't worked in Ooh, can I have two sandwiches today?
Speaker 5: It's very much the third child in this equation you so we could can tell by the face. But again very efficient now on the way she handles these multiple irritations that are thrown out. There go the pimentos hats behind the toilet.
Speaker 1: I'm a man of baloney, yes, oh that's why I run aloney. Oh margs then offer her other jobs I like to return. In the video, I was like, oh the nineties, but Homer stops it before she can leave and say, can you take my bowling box? Or got a bottle cap stuck in the finger hole? Take it to Nix and march us an ally, you forget that some of.
Speaker 5: These episodes are just full of the phrases I've incorporated in your everyday life exactly. All that, just all that live rent free in your hair. That's the say Ellie balls, Ellie balls.
Speaker 1: The kids. She says, hurry up, were gonna miss the school bus. Never going to happen, And it happens well, I'd be damned. And then she's driving them to school and Bart is making faces at Lisa. Normally when they do this, they don't draw the red under the eyes, but they drew the red here. So when he pulls his eye is that's not your eyelids? What's the bottom of your eye down? Just the skin under your eye? I guess pulls it down, you can see all the red. It's gross. What would the bottom haart.
Speaker 5: Be called an eyelid? I mean just because the top one goes down, but the bottom one must go up a little. Yeah, I guess so yeah, yeah, anyway, we pull pull, it's an eyelid. Yes, yes, and it's red and yucky.
Speaker 1: I'm terrible with eyes. I hate anything to do with eyes. Someone says, look in my eye to get something out. I'm like, nope, I am not your man. No, you're just gonna have to go blind. Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 5: It's a never stick. I'm all sensitive about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Lisa screams, marches girt out. We've all had that moment when we were a kid where you're like, oh, mom's fucking mustard. Oh yeah, Or that teacher at school that is normally calm, and collected, and then all of a sudden you get the kids that it's been too naughty, that teacher loses it, and you're like, oh fuck, we must have really been Yeah. But anyway, so it's now shopping with Maggie, and I like the little subtle bit here where Maggie throws a garry everything. I'm like, this is what it's like when you take a kids shopping. They can't get their hands on themselves. They're grabbing things, they're fucking breaking it. They're asking for to eat an apple and then they take one bite and throw the apple down the aisle. It's like, geez, that's a free apples for the kids. Yeah, it's it's not a good experience. Do not take kids for the supermarket? Not fun. You're really relating to this episode? Oh mate, this episode is fucking great. Now that I'm a parent of two small children, it's the best. Plum them down and watch it. Yeah, exactly right. Yes. Then she goes and visits both niece. I know what Nick is telling you. I've flushed a bar. It's lot of bit funny, it's just the way it's said. Yeah, but I know what Nick is telling you matter.
Speaker 5: I just love that these guys have clearly got this professional relationship. Yeah, and even one of those willing to.
Speaker 1: Change the name of their shop. But you know, I wonder about that.
Speaker 5: One is nick and one is Nikki. As the results like, I don't know what Nikki tell What Nikki told you? I haven't flust a ball in years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get a feeling of the relationship between these guys. Yeah, yeah, that's so. I thought it was so good. I love that. And then she's driving the car pissed off obviously because the bawling ball she's been driving here, there and everywhere. And then the radio add of the jackhammer, which would be very frustrating. And then we get the crank call Bill and Marty saying that guys.
Speaker 5: It's the late great Phil saying it feels like there's a rat in my brain.
Speaker 1: It feels like, Yeah, it's so good. I love Phil. He's just he's just the best. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week. Our supporters get early In add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Siefeld and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at paigere dot com slash fourthing a discounts. I haven't fleshed the ball in years. Look, lady, great animation of March losing her mind. It's just the subtle lot March. She's freaked out, but she didn't go she'd like freak out and go crazy. She just stops the cars. I need a break. Yeah, everyone's back the fuck off. Yeah. You know, if she hadn't sort of.
Speaker 5: Gone Tokyo drift, if she hadn't gone sideways and blocked traffic on both ways, it probably wouldn't have been quite as bad. But no, she had to go completely ninety degrees and but then turn the engine off very very you know, yeah, politely, and just like I just want to sit here, have a little bit calm for a moment, which of course.
Speaker 1: Is not going to happen. I do that sometimes, not with in the car obviously, but like from the kids are just going crazy. And the TV's on, and then I even watching the TV, so it's just added noise in the background. And then there's Nicholas might be on Skype with her parents, and when she's on Scrape she talks extra loud. It's just all this noise, and I'm like, everyone, shut the fuck up. I just need a second to compose myself so I can really really appreciate much here than they. Guy, I just love the look, lady. This better be good. Yeah, yeah, it's so good. And Ardie Pye he's doing the morning report and drops his bagel. Poor Arnie. Do you like a good bagel? I love a good bagel. I like a good bagel.
Speaker 5: But as I've said on the show in the past, I am not a fan of people trying to turn bagels into the bread for sandwiches.
Speaker 1: I had a bagel but a slice in half, and it had salmon on it with cream cheese.
Speaker 5: I think it was that is the way you have a bagel. Yeah, bagels, Yeah, your cut in half. He put a little creamche shmear on it, some smoked salmon, a little thinly sliced red onion, red onion.
Speaker 1: I didn't put red onion. If you're feeling a bit adventurous. Maybe some keepers and a squeeze of lemon juice delicious.
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh my pretty good.
Speaker 1: Wigham is there and he says, have your flashed the lights? Yep?
Speaker 5: Now this is very early Wigham, Yeah, because he's sounding very much like Robinson in this as opposed to Yeah, he hasn't got that voice yet.
Speaker 1: He's a bubbling full yet either. No, not quite. He's more sort of a lazy cop.
Speaker 5: Although exactly although I mean it's a good face off between him and Quimby a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seems to stand up to Quimby. Yeah, yeah, but I don't know. I think I prefer Quimby as opposed to Quimby baby Lucky. No, not Quimby.
Speaker 5: That's of course the turning point, not Quimby Clancy.
Speaker 1: You know, I think there's sharking out. See, but everyone's all held up, is going to start some baking. The mobster's got the body in the trunk, and then mister teeny. I just loved it. No, you got to chuck it over and everything. Because Chrsty doesn't have kids. I just love that they've sort of replaced kids in his life with mister teeny. Then Brockman is going to be lowered for an exclusive interview, but they go too far and he banged against the side of the bridge. Yep. We're now at the plant and Homer sees it. Hey, sweetheart, what's the mat and not getting up of the good stuff at home, and of course it's oh yeah, oh dope. Then Homer arrives, I'm a husband. That explains a lot. They notice they lincoln on this a lot longer than they normally would, so they're like, that explains a lot, and they both chuck it to themselves and then go what they're proud of their joke like that, that's just lazy cops. They're not actually helping them stand it back being snarky. We then talks Homer through talking to March duplet your lips ut or anything but Telly, I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hello, hello, listening on Hello?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that you should? They say, well, how about yes, it's me, Yes, it's me.
Speaker 5: I'm telling your lover I love.
Speaker 3: You very much. And later tonight, I think you and I should snuggle.
Speaker 1: There's something about the use of the words snuggle. Now. I think the Simpsons are the only ones that use it. But it's such a great, cute, nice way of using instead of saying sex because you want to the Simpsons of the show that has sex in it a lot, but they never say the word. They do later on obviously, But it's a great way of using sex in a kids show by referring to it as snuggling.
Speaker 5: It's great, indeed, and I think a lot of people have picked up on that and refer to you. Hear the term special cuddles a lot, which I don't think I like.
Speaker 1: I think I like it, but I don't like that word.
Speaker 5: But snuggle, I think is yes, far more preferable.
Speaker 1: So Layde is like, what's a special cards like, I'm for a cuddle a special kind?
Speaker 5: I think over selling it when you say is special, it's more like it's on special.
Speaker 1: Lawis goes for a special cuddle. Don't touch me? So Wigham, Yeah, somebody, Marge comes out, talks are out of it and she gets the rest of straight away. I love the woman here. After record the Gaus and the Force really knew how you felt loosening his cuffs. Now, then we get the fight as you mentioned earlier between Quimby and Wigham, and that Yeah, it's just great seeing Wigham have some sort of integrity. Yeah, a little bit of sort of authority in his own in his role. Yeah, so he's standing up for what he knows is right.
Speaker 5: But she brought the Lawn't doesn't stay that way for long though, No, No, but Quimby knows corrupt is always and just just politics in general.
Speaker 1: We gotta let her out because I need that woman vote. You know, that's what it's all about. And yeah, declares March Simpson. Day like seals, check them a fish and watch them slap dead. It's not even just letting Marge go. It's actual, it's real Opalia.
Speaker 5: Okay, ladies, Yeah, we know how you feel. Special day for you, Margin Homer. Then watching it in bed, oh as well as it ends well because Margin sees the ad for ranch over Laxo, she's like, that's the uneed a vacation.
Speaker 1: We've already been a vacation. I love where he's like, yeah, I'm not funny either, March, you have another sandwich.
Speaker 5: It's something that I really enjoyed, actually, because in these later episodes that we've been discussing over the last few months or so, Yeah, Home has been a real jerk and without any sort of sense of self awareness.
Speaker 1: That is, well, I'd love it. No repercussions, she just accepts it. Yeah, and no repercussions either. But I love here that he recognizes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not day at the beach either, Merge, you can ever do the sandwich?
Speaker 1: Good on him? Good on him for sure. She says she wants a vacation by a selfie. Thinks that should mean it's a divorce. No, no, no, as long as he promised to come back, so that's it. The kids are then going to be going with Paddy and Selma because they've got six months returnity to leave that then they're going to use But Maggie grabs onto the house, which I had thought of that, Marja, just that Maggie stays with Homer. He drops it by accident and picks it up on the first bounce ounce. We're now at the train station, and it's just great because this is exactly what it's like. You know, Marge's been getting ready all this time. As as she starts leaving, you're leaving a million questions. What do I do? What do I do? How do I work the pressure cooker? You don't don't. But a great visual gag as.
Speaker 5: Well, not not even a visual gag, just a nice bit of texture was as the train pulls away, identical deflation on Homer and Maggie's faces.
Speaker 1: Just and the music cue as well. Yeah, really I've got that exact same No here, great music, great animation, really well done. Marge arrives and we get the discussion or the ever the voiceover of the cloud songs, which I thought was awesome, instantly relaxing. Homer's then sitting on the couch and he's making rattling the cup or the bottle or whatever on the crib and he explains to her, No, it's just it's just it's just he and her.
Speaker 5: I like the visual of him grabbing the photo so it is just them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. But and Lisa the refusial to eat lunch with his tongue sandwiches, I was like, who is tongue sandwiches?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I don't have tongue sandwiches. I mean, I don't think I've ever actually eaten tongue.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it. I guess why is any different from eating meat? I guess meat meats meat.
Speaker 5: Depends on I mean it depends on you know, I don't think it really it should be that much of an issue what part of the body it comes from. Maybe maybe internal organs. I'm sure they all have their own flavor and texture.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he chopped up a tongue and chucked it in like a stew or something. I didn't know it was Tongue'm sure I would eat it and find it delicious. Yeah. I remember on.
Speaker 5: Louise and I his favorite show, ninety Day Fiance, they had some some episode where this dude had moved to somewhere in South America to be with his partner.
Speaker 1: That her sisters didn't like him.
Speaker 5: They said, here's a here's a South American dish.
Speaker 1: You're eating penis.
Speaker 5: What horse penis or that was like a cow penis or something. And he was like, I mean, he was like, it's not great, it's all right. You were eating penis. And then he was like, yeah, I'm like, it's just meat, dude. I mean, I'm pretty sure they would have cleaned out the urethra before they cooked exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, But the Patty and someone explained the sleeping arrangement. They're gonna be sleeping in the same bed a little Touchier Divorce carts on in fifteen minutes, and then barses, I'm scared. You think you're scared, you think you know fear I've seen him naked, Margine. Then watching the welcome video for Ranch Over Laxo. Oh, love this, love this more more, phil.
Speaker 3: Oh, Hello, and welcome to Rancho Relax. I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such films as Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die, and Gladys the Groovy Mule, but today you'll see me in my greatest role. Your video tour guide to Rancho Relaxo. Our tour starts in your very own room, where Relaxo Vision offers you the latest Hollywood hits and after midnight, the finest r rated movies Europe has to offer. Ooh la llah. Today's selections are Tell.
Speaker 2: Maayan Luis, a Happy Little Eus, Meet Fuzzy Snuggle Duck, and the Erotic Awakening of s Jeff Rodrigo.
Speaker 1: What are you up to a taste for yourself? Troy?
Speaker 3: That can't be good for me. It tastes too good.
Speaker 1: That's where you're wrong, Troy.
Speaker 5: This whole part is only fourteen garries.
Speaker 1: Oh, Gregory.
Speaker 3: Where have you been all my life? Feeling tense? Then just push nine on your phone, then the pound sign, then four eight three will do the rest.
Speaker 1: Oh, Gregory, where have you been on my life? I was like, that's amazing, that's great. But I think my favorite bit is when he's in the kitchen. This tastes too good. It can be good for me.
Speaker 5: Actually, there's only fourteen calories in this whole part. The slap of the face brilliant.
Speaker 1: I think it does a similar thing when they're doing the juice loosener. Yeah, anyway, but just the face slap is just amazing. Yeah. Phil Hartman, man, what a man, what a lord, he says, And the finest rated movies Europe has to Arthur ooh la la la, and look at it.
Speaker 5: If you've spent any time back in the pre streaming days of hotels, there was a bit of that sort of flicking through the movie channels like oh.
Speaker 1: I'll stay here for a little while. Yeah, it's like oh the soft court. Yes, Hammer tries to feed makey here, ends up just eating the f u himself. Happens to me sometimes on feeding Holy Risotto or whatever. It's usually Elliott. I'm like, hey, motherfucker. If you're gonna eat it, I'm gonna eat this. Look good. They're going to take kids to a restaurant. Crazy. It's crazy times, but you always get left over. It's because they never eat their whole night and you just, yeah, you always got a plenty of kids meals and you get plenty left over. But then tries to change your nappy. You can't do it, so he just staples it. Then he tries to puppet show, and I'm like, this is literally what it's like when Nicola leaves me home with Holly. I'm like, how the fuck are we gonna entertain you for an hour? Can't you read a book or something? Yeah, it's just doing useless ship puppet shows and that kind of stuff. Marge's getting the massage from Gregory and he's enjoying it just as much as she is. And Barney then arrives to keep home a company. M someone smells sticks me it's me, but then finds the bra going through the through the cupboard and blackaded gun as well, and Patty and someone coming after watching some guy. But they're very satisfied, and Richard Anderson's going to be in their dreams tonight and they snore really, really loud, Homer, and meanwhile I was trying to put Maggie to sleep. Now they drew him here looking really disheveled, and apparently they were going for the fact that he was. They wanted him to look drunk. I'm like, oh, I don't think that would have been wise to have home a drunk whilst looking after Maggie. I don't think that's Yeah, that's not a good acng. I'm glad they didn't go with that because he just looks tired, like this is what I look like when I'm trying to put the kids asleep, Like you just you're broken. I actually told a guy at work the other day, my mate Luke. Luke shared to Luke, we're both parents of young of young kids. He's only got one. But I'm like, it was seven to ten the other night and we said to Elliott, right, it's bedtime, And then at twenty past eight, I'm dancing to the Bluey theme Nicholas playing charades, and Allie's just sitting on the floor going like clapping, and I'm like, how the fuck does this happen? How did bedtime turn to? An hour later? I'm fucking dancing with blue Ey.
Speaker 5: How is this kid in control? How's this sad person running the show?
Speaker 1: How are we doing all this shit for Elliott to keep me at the tay? He's like like one more, just one more song. I'm like, we need, we need change here. I get time for a coup guitar. Because this kid's a little dictator. He really is a great salesman though. He's just like, I'll read you three books. I might I read you four books six five deal sitting about to work at Old pop Culture. Yes, exactly right, Marge. I I already got that, already gone that part. So Homer has put make it to bed. I like the little reference he of calling her a pork chop as well, Like I like that just it's just little nick name for your kids. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sidevard, and Speaking of the Heel each month as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. But Maggie, she sneaks out because she misses Marge obviously. She goes out the doggy door. Barney's asleep on the kitchen floor. She sees the bush. She thinks it's March, but it's not. She wanders off down the street. This was the only bit of the episode. I thought you really made Homer look like a really bad father. Here. Homer walks in, ao's time for you nine am feeding it's actually eleven thirty, two hours later. That's funny, right, that's funny. But what was supposed to believe that he didn't go and check up on her until eleven thirty in the morning, because he's like, she's not in her bed anymore. I was like, it's not a big deal. But I'm like, well, so you wake up and didn't look for Maggie for four hours, but anyway, it's not a huge deal. Anyway, she's gone. He thinks she's under Barney, but he was just sleeping on a seashell and he's Barnie's like, don't worry about mat, I'll just make you an omelet. He's like, no, I no know, We're going to go find her. And so he pulled proud of his omelets. Yes, I like a good omelet, but it's got to be cooked to perfection. I'm not huge omelets, but it's if it's cooked, right, I do like that. Otherwise it's just eggs. Yeah, exactly right. Yeah. But he pulls out the water pipe out of the ground. He thinks it's Maggie's arm. You pull her off off and then he says, you know, the sooner we get her out as soon as we can have omelets. Maggie. Meanwhile, he's just roaming around Springfield looking for March. She approaches the handdresser, who now has brighter, Frankenstein Marge esque hair. You can't put a bag over her head, Yes you can, Yes, you can. Marge calls the Department of Missing Babies. As you mentioned earlier. It's so good. Marge then decides, you know what, fuck this, I'm ordering room service, hot fudge Sunday whipped cream and chocolate chip cheese crake and a bottle of tequila.
Speaker 5: It's great that she's you know, just feeling yourself, enjoying yourself. I mean before that we had the you know, she's on her side of the bed, her traditional side of the bed, realizes.
Speaker 1: Yes, the stretch out, the stretch out. Yeah, really good. But also too, I like this moment because up until this point she's been it's almost like she's been doing what they've been telling her to do, like you gotta do this, do this, do this, do this. You know, you don't have to do it. This time is but she's following what they wanted to do all the all the events. Now she's like, fuck it, I just want cake and have a bath, you know.
Speaker 5: And I really like that ice cream Sunday shot at Tequila and watch the Therminal Louis in the bath, which that shot of her in the bath is so relaxing to watch, like, it's so satisfying.
Speaker 1: Really is. When she goes down and he got back in her hair's all loose. I'm like, I feel relaxed watching this. It's true. Yeah, you're right, it's like, oh she looks it's just a Really it couldn't have been animated any better. It's so great. And Homer goes to visit the kids to see whether they've seen Maggie. They haven't, so he leaves them behind. Maggie thinks that the I've got either the person dresses the Queen's guard. That's right, yes, still in the loop, the loop jobs. He thinks that while you wake governor, don't touch me. Homer then calls Marge, Marge, would you be sad the darground way? That's terrible. It's over all right. The dog hasn't run away, she says to himed up, well, thank god, because I'm going to be coming home. Pick me up in an hour. Bring the kids. He's like, oh shit. Meanwhile, the police have found Maggie and she's asleep on top of the ice cream part. I thought this was very sweet. She's found comfort in this this sign. She's you know, she's she knows it's not March, but it's close enough. It's it's Marge esk. Yeah. Yeah. So she's like, I'm going to sleep up here. The whole storyline of Maggie being out loose is ridiculous, but the way they wrap it up is fine with me. So Homer is trying to justify to herself with different excuses, you know, one minute, they're a baby, next to out on their own. William arrives at the door with Maggie.
Speaker 4: You're the man who reported the last baby. Can you describe her?
Speaker 3: She's small, she's a girl.
Speaker 4: Bangorge, not so fast.
Speaker 5: And winding on three counts, coming on, glad.
Speaker 1: You find my baby.
Speaker 4: You'll take you take you take you guys, don't do it again, your big lug.
Speaker 1: It's outrageous, it's ridiculous, it's unrealistic, but it's just perfect. It's just it makes you feel a warm inside. You're like, ah, yeah, just just don't do it again. How are your rascal? But they go to we go to pick up the kids as well. First of all, he tapes Maggie to the chairs, shapes it down, Never getting away again, Never getting away Again. Goes to pick up the kids. They've grabbed onto his legs and they arrive at the train station where Marge arrives and she sees the look of them. She's holding up the photo brings it down and they're just broken. They're a mess. Never live again, Never Live Again. It's so well active from down there. Never live Again, Never Live Again.
Speaker 5: Daniel's having a ball in this episode.
Speaker 1: Oh so good. They're all so thankful that she's back, and they're in bed, and Marge's pretty much just laying it at the ultimatums. You know, Homer, it was great to get away, but you're gonna have to change. You're gonna have to help me out a lot more. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna need a little break every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but interrupts. Look, Mum, I think it's I speak for everyone here when I say you've got nothing to worry about because all the kids are all in bed with her. They've clearly missed her. They all love her to bits. They're going to do more to help her out in future episodes. They don't really, but we would hope so. But no, but yeah, as a standlind episode, the message was great. So he turns off the light. They were going to bed together, and I just thought this was just a brilliant episode of The Simpsons. It's just this, This is Simpsons and its greatest.
Speaker 5: It really is very fun, very sweet, very well constructed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyone who says that they don't like the Simpsons, they think it's well, everyone likes the Simpsons now, but back in the day, when my mum would say, you know, watching the Simpsons, it's you know, it's a bad influence, bad influence. Show them this episode and ah, okay, it's actually and then show them Southuck exactly right. Go from this to cut Dirty Slab, which is also available on our other podcast, Going.
Speaker 5: Down to south Side. Yeah, brought to you by your friends at the four figured Discant Network.
Speaker 1: That's right. So this has been our review our page on Exclusive review Guy on spring for review of Homer Alone, Man and m I glad we went back and revisited this one. When I checked this one up in the options, I didn't I didn't thin people would vote for this. I'm like, ah, people don't really talk about this one all that much at won just and I'm like, okay, we'll go back and watch it. And man, I'm glad we did because it was just from start to finish just I was just smiling the whole time, very much so. And it just shows we've got some pretty seavy patrons exactly right. Yes, And if you two YouTube viewers want to be a part of that family, you can do so at patreon dot com Slash fourfinger discount as little as just one single dollar we do per month. You can support the show, help us grow, and be a part of the four Finger Discount family, where you can join the Facebook group, get access to all our other Guy on Springfield episodes, as well as other bonus podcasts, including our audio commentary of the Simpsons movie which we did several months ago, as well as Zoom Calls, Prize Draws, had much much more. Plus, you get early access to all the other shows we do here on Fourfinger Discount and access to our Patreon exclusive Tales of Futurama podcasts available on our Patreon channel as well. We recently review the episode a big piece of garbage, but this has been our review of Homer alonet. Thank you so much to all the patrons who voted for this one. I loved each and every minute of watching it and reviewing it. Always a good time here, my man, mister Guy Davis, mister Guy Davis, any final words for those incredible listeners slash viewers out there. Feels like there's a rat in my brain.
Speaker 5: H