Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, it's your girl, Stephanie, a V. Hardy Wrestling podcast. Of course, the show has been on hiatus since after WrestleMania due to the fact that my family has endured an immense loss, as my mother, sephra Adeline Hopson Hardy passed into the next life on a higher plane the Tuesday after WrestleMania, and I have been taking some time with my family and I've seen a lot of people send their condolences and their love and their prayers over the past couple of weeks, and I'm really grateful for that. But I wanted to start this new episode of the show by talking a little bit about her and and how our relationship ties into wrestling, just a tadbit. Mom was not a wrestling fan. It was always me and my dad, and I've addressed that multiple times before, but when it comes to wrestling, my mom was kind of on the outside looking in until one day in twenty nineteen were me and her in the picture as you can see with Charlotte Flair. She went with me at a meet and greet at Cricket Wireless here in Birmingham, and she started to see how passionate wrestling fans are and how passionate I was about it, and she always knew it, but she had never been She had always been on the outside looking in. And as the years had passed by since I had started the podcast and started my wrestling media career, she had been nothing but supportive of my endeavors, giving encouraging words and all of the above, and just telling me and reiterating me she had given me my entire life to help me perform to the best of my ability, and all things and everything that I have done, even before the podcast and even afterward, has been a testament to how she raised me and my sister as well. And I just wanted to come on here and publicly say on this platform that HWP does not exist without Sephra, without my mom, and because of years of her telling me, you're gonna do the best you can because you're my child, and because I've given you everything you need to survive in this world. I'm going to continue to do that, and that spirit will always live in this podcast and in everything that I do from now and to the rest of my life. So thank you, Mama for being the very best mom that anybody could ask for, and I'll see you later, and your brown baby is gonna hold it down and I'm going to continue to shine my light and not hide it because that's how you raised me. I love you so much. This is the Hearty Wrestling Podcast, all right, And with that in mind, we're gonna start this new episode of HWP extra. Of course, I'm your girl, Stephanie Hardy, hosting creator and founder of this fabulous platform, co host of stephan Kat Talk Wow, which has also been on hiatus. But you know, we will be back pretty soon because I'm still trying to ease my way back into things. But of course I'm not alone. I'm happy to be here tonight with my co host, my amazing wrestling fan, my future ring announcer of the future Byonca Addison. Have you been lovely?
Speaker 2: I love you? Oh god, Oh my god, You're I've been well. A lot has been going on. I've been very busy, very protective, but I've been trying to, you know, not go bizarre, go crazy, just trying to take it one day at a time. And uh, we've at everyone who is watching and everyone who has been watching, and we haven't been we haven't been doing this together for a long time, but I just want to say on behalf of everyone who's watching, who has watched, I just want to say that I love you and you are amazing and I see your resilience. I I don't know you that I mean apart from this podcast, but I see how you just I see how resilient you are and how strong you are and how you just like keep going. And I know you're hurting, but I see your strength and mss Hardy, I see. I don't know, I wish. I love hearing the stories about her through you on this podcast. And I didn't know that she wasn't interesting. That's that's that's very that's very interesting. The facts you brought up and that's that. And just hearing that how she this whole creation is a testament of her and you're living her spirit lives through you and yeah, just yeah, And I'm happy that this podcast is thriving and you're doing the Hearty name. Very proud, and I know she's looking down at you, very very proud. She's smiling right now. She said, that's my baby, that's my baby.
Speaker 1: Oh. Absolutely, Like I can't tell you because we all still we lived together in these past few years. So even as I was doing the podcast, I was helping my father care for her in these last few years. So even while I was doing the show, she would always say, you know, I heard you say this or talk about this and all of these things. So she always knew, you know, that this was a passion project and she was very supportive about it. She heard the last big thing that I did with BBC, so she knew any and everything that I was doing. She was always very supportive of it. And even with my sister as well and her endeavors, she was like a very supportive force. So I know that right now she's looking and she's just like, yeah, like you can do this. Cause I was talking to my dad earlier. I was like, I don't know if I really can push her and do this, and he was just like, yeah, yes, you can, you can do this. You've been doing this. It's okay. So and one thing I can say is that while watching wrestling, it has been giving me a great respite, as it has been doing my entire life. So it's been great, and I'm so happy to have had your support and everyone's support, like I said earlier, and we're going to keep the train moving for as long as I can, because of course, I am a human being and this has been hard. So I'm taking it one step at a time and being as resilient as I possibly can. But you know, I'm doing my very best. And yet Bianca she was not a wrestling fan. Like for the longest time, she would make fun of me and my dad and my sister, you know, watching certain wrestlers, seeing certain gimmicks and making fun of things. But it was it was when, but she could still tell that. You know, the older I had gotten, the more I started caring about it and caring about it even more from a contents perspective. She was invested in it because she saw she cared about what I cared about. And that is all you could ask for, you know, from a parent, and you know, and I'm really grateful to have had that over the years, because some people be like, oh, well, I don't care about that, and you know, and they don't care, but no, like Mom cared because I cared, and that was just her spirit of things. And of course she would poke fun and make fun of certain things even still now, but you know, she cared about it because I cared about it. So with that and with that spirit in mind, I know that there has been so much in wrestling that has happened. We we we aren't gonna talk about the releases just yet because something that I did write down a plan for is that I did want to do an episode about the New Day because I feel like that, I feel like that in and of itself, that faction just deserves an entire episode in and of itself. Yeah, so we will address that and other things, but mostly we're gonna address the New Day. But of course tonight we're gonna talk about Backlash, which has, you know, which has its history in wrestling, and that is coming up this Saturday on ESPN and also on Netflix internationally, and of course historically Backlash has been the pay per view that comes after WrestleMania, and WrestleMania this year, you know, for better or for Worse was pretty insane. You know, it was a pretty insane you know pay per view this time, of course, with it being in Vegas again, so real quickly, before we get into the history of Backlash, Bian could tell me how, you know, what did you love about WrestleMania this year?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wow, I really loved A J's entrance. I really loved to see them. Punk's entrance me too. I really loved Dan Housen's set and the whole gimmick with John Cena.
Speaker 1: That was hysterical, absolutely hysterical. Couldn't stop laughing. John Cena and the Miz are two of the most unserious people on the planet in order to make all of that happen and it's it was incredible. I loved it. And I loved AJ's entrance too, because it just reminded me over the years of how many little girls and even grown ups our age and a little bit younger who've dressed up like her, holding different belts and such. So that was incredible. And then there was one little girl who got too scared and kind of just ran random back, and I was like, oh no, but you know, it was really great. I loved it when children are get to be a part of the show, I think that's sweet. And I love Punk's entrance, And that was a lot of great entrances this year, I must say, so.
Speaker 3: Now it's oh I was I wasn't expecting it, and I was expecting it because what was so funny was I think something before that moment had me kind of upset, but.
Speaker 1: Then when she came out and her music and I was like, wait a minute, Bianca. And then she comes out and then she's in sort of like a blue version of the rope she had on last year, and I'm just like, what's going on? And then she comes out and announces that she's having a baby, and I'm like, oh, the mother, gang the mother. Yeah, and then she's having a boy. I know. I was so happy to see that, and it was just so interesting because of course, if you watch Love and WWE, her and Montees, you know have considered growing their family for a while but just didn't know how to do it because of their careers. So to see that it's happening now, even as she's healing from her finger injury and stuff, I was happy for her. But then another part of me was just like, dang it, the pregnancy hits again, because you know, you know when Naomi, you know, I was so happy with her and her pregnancy, but you know, like when it sort of takes you away and you want and the fan in you is selfish, but then the human in you is just like, you know what, Yeah, I'm glad that you get to do this because this is something that you really want to do and it's a choice that you've made as a woman that you want to do. Then that's perfect. So happy mothers ay to the both of them, my God, happy mothers ay to both of them. Like, I mean, it's Naomi as a mother herself, even though she's been a stepmother, and even Bianca as a step mom, like they get to Yeah, this is their real first mother's dare. So yeah, that was incredible. I love that and it was beautiful. So yeah. But then there's also other parts that we do get to get into when it comes to Backlash and stuff, but we'll get into that a little bit later. So y'all know me on the Hearty Wrestling podcast, we got to get into the history of these pay per views, honey, before we get into what's actually going on in the present. So, the first Backlash took place in nineteen ninety nine and it was Yeah, so it's a relatively young pay per view in the grand scheme of a lot of them. And as you can see, the first Flyer had mankind of course Mick Foley giving the Rock a mandible claw and then on the side of that, you have Randy Orton because Backlash was held annually from nineteen ninety nine until two thousand and nine until it was discontinued and in two thousand and nine and Orton was the last person to be on the cover of the featured superstar of the pay per view, but then it was continued. They brought it back in twenty sixteen and it was held every year until twenty nineteen. And of course, oh, I didn't write that down, surprisingly, but I do. I believe it was the first one was in Rhode Island, if I'm not mistaken. So I forgot to write that down in the haste of everything, So please forgive my brains. I'm still trying to come back to life. So yeah, Backlash has was basically conceived to deal with all the craziness and the aftermath of WrestleMania, even though there have been a couple of Backlashes that had nothing to do with WrestleMania and they just did it as a pay per view just to have but historically they've sort of come back to that in more later years. One of my favorite backlashes had to do with aj Styles going up against John Moxley slash Dean Ambrose for the World Have You for the w W Championship, and it also had the six Pack Challenge for I believe the inaugural SmackDown Women's Championship in which beat Becky Lynch One. And this was during the SmackDown Live era, which I really feel like is a very underrated era and it deserves to be celebrated a lot more because there was a lot of great wrestling and a lot of great opportunity given to so many new people at that time during the SmackDown Live era. But and this was a SmackDown branded pay per view, hence why you had a lot of SmackDown stars there, and it was just really cool and I really enjoyed that SmackDown that Backlash in particular. And then of course you had the Backlash of twenty twenty, which of course happened during the pandemic, and this one was headlined by Adam Copeland slash Edge going up against Randy Orton and what they deemed the greatest wrestling match ever, which was.
Speaker 2: Fel like that happened at WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: It didn't, it happened at Backlash.
Speaker 2: I felt something like this happened in WrestleMania No.
Speaker 1: But well, yeah, this happened at Backlash that year, and the thing, even though a lot of people made fun of it online at the time, because a lot of people were like, well, the greatest wrestling match ever is actually this match or this match or this match. I feel like, really what they were trying to do creatively was just trying to celebrate wrestling as a whole, because it felt a lot like a throwback type of deal when it came to elements of wrestling that we had seen over the past couple of years in the past and also more so in the present at that point. So Backlash actually holds a lot of history when it comes to wrestling, and during the pandemic there was a lot for us to actually embrace and talk about. And of course this year, this year's Backlash will actually be the first ple to take place in Tampa, Florida, because of course it is labeled Backlash Tampa since Helen is Cel twenty twenty one, which was during the Thunderdome era, which was sort of co headlined by a Helen a Cell match between Bianca, Belair and Bailey because of course Bianca had just won the SmackDown Women's Championship against Slasha Banks slash Mercedes Manet in that historic match, and Bailey decided to start a beef with her and they fought in that Hell in the Cell match, in which of course Bianca won, And this was just a really great hot streak for Bianca at that time. So yeah, Backlash holds a lot of history in terms of wrestling. I don't know if Bianca you've seen some of the stuff online where they have showed wrestlers in an old promo advertising Backlash, saying the word backlash or something like that, But yeah, they've been sort of beefing it up a little bit. So yeah, Bianca, how are you feeling from learning some of the history of Backlash before we get into our predictions.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how young it is. I thought it was something like that. I thought. I didn't. I thought that this like sid like in the eighties, like all the I mean, yeah, it's I mean yeah, I mean it is kind of just all because since it's since it was in nineteen ninety nine, but I thought it was created earlier, like in the eighties. But now I see them clash. It's been a while, like I'm sure I've watched Backlash. I just have to like revisit and watch watch matches. But the information you gave me was, Wow, it was interesting, Yeah, thinking of yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can understand that because his back and then the thing about Backlash that I was finding as I was looking up the history was just how how it was consistent until it wasn't and then it was brought back. And then I also remember just the discourse that they were having online about it at one point being called WrestleMania backlash, as if we didn't as if the fans couldn't really put together that backlash was after Mania like in the past, and a lot of people were very angry about that, until, of course they took the WrestleMania off and then continue to just still call it backlash. So that, yeah, it was hilarious and also kind of irritating, you know, but you know the internet wrestling community, when we when we get a bone, we don't know how to really let it go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Why did I say that this is the after math of Vesselmanium and the after Mathavesselmania is raw?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, there is that, but I feel like, just in terms of a Poe, I think or like a pay per view. It's the first pay per view after Mania, so I think that's the reason why they sort of make it as big of a deal, if not a bigger deal, because of course, the raw after Mania is still, you know, for all intents and purposes until recently, has been on free television, right, and it does have high stakes, of course, but here again it's still on free television, whereas Backlash is the first pay per view after Mania, and pay per views have a tendency, especially in more recent years, to have more higher stakes because of the exclusive of it. So I think that's really what it is. Not taken away from the grandeur of the raw after Mania, because of course you know that can that has a tendency to you know, turn up and be kind of crazy, but you know, I feel like because of the exclusivity of it being a pay per view is why it's a much bigger deal. That's a good question. I'm glad you asked that. So of course, there has been so much that we did discuss involving WrestleMania, but in terms of this year's Backlash, there is a lot that people really aren't feeling too pumped about, especially given the recent releases and a lot of the decisions that people in charge have made along with TKO and so many different things. But we are going to continue to plug on through and talk about this year's Backlash, which, like I said, is happening in Tampa, Florida, and of course we're going to talk about the women first. Now, as it stands right now, there's only one women's match on the car for Backlash Wow, which upsets people, which has upset people. That even upset me to a degree because I'm just like just one really because in my mind, when it comes to highlighting the women, I would have loved and I'm gonna talk more about this, but I would have loved to have seen maybe, you know, another match take place that's happening on SmackDown Friday, happen on Backlash, or see Live defend her title against someone. But at the same time, I guess we're just but we're gonna talk more about the other matches that I would have loved to have seen, but we're gonna talk about the one women's match that is on the card, and that is EO Sky versus Oska. Now, this match was highly touted as a match that should have happened at WrestleMania because WrestleMania Sunday only had one match, which was Jade car Gill versus Ria Ripley for the women's title. God that was the only women's match on that Sunday because all the other female matches happened on WrestleMania's Saturday. Okay, So a lot of people were really hoping that Eo, especially with the way that she performed last year in that amazing triple threat between Riha and Bianca, and just the amazing year she had in general, that she would have been on the Wrestmania card, but she wasn't given her back and forth that she was having with Osca over Kyrie as well. But now Kyrie is no longer with ww du to those releases, and now you have the battle of EO the Student, and then you have Osca the Master the Sennpi And of course that's in Japanese culture, and of course I'm not as well versed in Japanese culture in that way. So there are other creators who are like ds Shin with Ring the Bell and so many other So if you want to seek those people out who have more of the verbiage and more of the lore with that. In terms of Asian wrestling culture, you can go seek those people out. But it seems like the biggest conflict they have is that EO basically lashed out and left Damage Control and left Oscar behind and her tutelage because she wanted to be friends with real Ripley and just sort of be her own woman and go after her own goals. And then of course on Monday we saw them have that face off where Osca actually spit you know, the green miss in her face. So yeah, Bianca. Before we get into our predictions for this match, I do want to ask you, do you feel the absence of Kyrie saying sort of takes away from this match or are you still excited for regardless.
Speaker 2: I think it takes something, It takes something away from it.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: Oh I am excited about the whole thing. But it's just I don't want to say it's turning me off a little bit, but I don't know it. I'm still gonna watch, I still love, I'm still gonna like h It's just there's that that that that releases I think Kyrie is demons in peace. She's a comedic effect. I love especially when when like, oh, I will miss when Kyrie, When Kyrie stays by and then Oscar yells yells after her, that's funny. It's gonna replace. That's they need more and for the Japanese community and my representation in this modern era so that it really sings. And Kyrie saying has my pirate queen girl, Oh my god, I remember seeing her for the first time. Oh my gosh, her aura and her and her attire, her but insane elbow. You won't see that anymore. It's it blows and it's it really sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do agree with you in the regard that I do feel like Kyrie is that missing piece because EO really was trying to pull Kyrie, you know, away from the abusive nature of ASTA, and that conflict is now missing because Kyrie is no longer with the company. And I was really excited to see, you know, a level of Kyrie that we didn't get to see in her initial run at first. So the idea of her not being there, you know, it does take away a bit and that and just to speak to your point about the Japanese representation, someone on Twitter mentioned that this is probably the first WWE match to feature solely two Japanese women, and I think that's amazing for them. But the idea of Kyrie not being there, you know, just kind of bums everyone out to a degree. But I have no doubt that regardless, they're gonna make the best out of the situation, because of course that's what women do, especially women of color. That's something that we always do. We make the very best lemonade out of leomen's. And if it's one thing these two women have shown us over the years, is that these two can go. And I cannot wait to see all of the amazingness and all of the stardom teas that they're gonna give us. And I just can't wait to see the athleticism that these women are gonna put on. So I'm predicting that Eo will more than likely win this match. I'm predicting Eo Sky will win this match and write that momentum to greater things. Because she did have that little tiff a couple of weeks back with Becky Lynch, who was trying to relegate her to you know, the nobody of the tag team with her and Rhea and called her Eo Janetti, which I thought was just so disrespectful. I was just like, girl, how could you call her that when she literally had one of the best matches on the Russemania card last year and then had that Evolution match with Ria, even though it ended with a cash and it was still incredible, So like, how dare you just say that to her? Like it was just really interesting. I would have loved to have seen Eo actually challenge her for the Women's Intercontinental Championship, but of course she could also you know, challenge Live down the line. But either way, I'm predicting the Eosky is gonna win. So who's your prediction, Bianca?
Speaker 2: I think as well, only because she's been through with the with uh Oscar and she needs her redemption. She needs a redemption stot, she needs her redemption song mm hm, she needs her payback from all the backlash how she's indured from. I do want to ask, can you can you explain the Eo Jeannetti name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So back in the day, Sean Michaels got his big start in w w E as part of a tag team called the Midnight Rockers with this guy named Marty Jeannetti. And and I don't know if you've seen any of the older clips running around, you know, just in wrestling period of Seawan Michael Super kicking a guy through a through a barbershop said wasn't It was a long time ago, but essentially that was him in the Midnight Rockers breaking up that tag team. So Shaw Michaels can go solo and be the heartbreak kid that we knew him as. So because he was in that tag team, and because Shawn Michaels went on to be so successful in his career and Marty Jeannetti you know, tried but wasn't as successful in his wrestling career. If someone calls you Marty Jeannetti, they're basically calling you irrelevant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's not irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Yeah, Becky was hella disrespectful when she said that, And that made me mad. I was like, girl, that's terrible. Why would you say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was respectful. And that's and I'm and I'm not and I'm not. And it's not just me saying he says it.
Speaker 1: Literally everyone is saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, but yes, I have a love Yes EO Sky for the Wind on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely And I would love it.
Speaker 2: I love it if THEO also sprays the nest in Oscar's face.
Speaker 1: Oh that would be cool, right, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, like blue miss or blackness, not blackness maybe.
Speaker 1: Or pink miss like you never know, like the mist in my mind, like comes in all colors. So if EO actually spits a miss in Oscar space, that would be the best type of get back and I would live for that. Another theory that's running around online is that a lot of people think that they might pull in our truth and bring Kyrie back. That I would love that too, simply because you know, she was just such a great part of the story and you just never know, so that oh, well, yeah, I don't know, but I don't know about that part. But you know, that would be really great. But you know, we're both on the EO sky train when it comes to this match. So as we moved forward, I did want to talk more about the women because I didn't want to just talk about this one women's match and then just leave it and just go to talking about the men. So on Friday, I feel like this is another match that could have been on the Backlash card, and actually, to be quite honest, I don't understand why the Women's United States Championship was not defended on WrestleMania, even though I know the men's United States Champion well, actually yes it was, but I don't understand why exactly the Women's United States Championship wasn't defended at WrestleMania. But I am happy that Tiffany Stratton now has it no shade because I love Julia, but I feel like this match between her and Keana James could have very well happened at Backlash because to this day, since the Women's US title has been commissioned, it has not been defended on a pay per view. It's been almost two years almost, I think, if not one year, then two and it has not been defended on a pay per view, and I think that's very you know, strange, and I would love it if this match was taking place at Backlash as opposed to just having one female match there. But it is happening this Friday on SmackDown. Keana James and Tiffany Stratton are going to fight for the title, and I'm pretty sure that's going to cause a wrinkle between in the business partnership of Keana James and Julia but I am still pumped about it because these two have historically had great matches, especially down in NXT when they were together, So I'm excited about it, and I'm pretty sure Tiffany will retain. But I just wanted to post this here because I just really wanted this match to take place on Backlash and I'm disappointed that it isn't.
Speaker 2: And wow, and I'm sorry, but the fact that this hasn't been defended on a pay per view two years since since its inception is mind boggling to me. And yeah, it's just, yeah, I didn't realize that, but yeah, why do you think that is.
Speaker 1: I'm not entirely sure, Like it's not something that I know or can say, and I will never pretend to know. But but all I can do is just talk about how it actually bothers me, because of course, I was definitely a champion for them having women's mid card titles, and we've seen the women's Intercontinental title, you know, be defended on multiple pls, so so for the life of me, for this one to not be on any it's just kind of strange to me. I don't know what the decision making process is behind that, but I hope somehow another they fix it because it deserves to have that spotlight on it because of what the United States title means for the men and definitely from an equality perspective for the women too. So yeah, I don't know why. I cannot pretend at all to know the answer to that, but all I can do is say that I feel that it should be defended on POLS. Yeah, because we've had so many champions who could have defended it, Like we've had Chelsea Degree, We've had Zelina, We've had Chelsea again, we've had Julia, and now we have Tiffany. And because Tiffany has been proven, you know, to be a star, especially a young star, you know, hopefully this will position the title for better things, but you know it can't happen unless it's being booked that so yeah, but either way, I am looking forward to this match. I just wish it was on the backlash card, so I'm not. I'm not. This really isn't fully open for predictions because like I said, it's happening on SmackDown. But either way, I just wanted to talk more about the women and just was a good excuse to do that. Also, another match that could have happened on Backlash involving the women is fatal Influence versus the Women's Champion Ria Ripley and of course Charlexa because Fatal. Another great thing that did make me happy during this down period is seeing the debut of j C, Jane Fallon Henley, and Laney Reid. I'm so happy to have seen that, Like, it was a wonderful debut, and they are going strong so far on SmackDown and attacking everyone. And I'm glad to see Ria and Charlexa you know, team up in order to fight them and take them down. But I really hear and this is another women's match that I feel I could have taken place on Backlash. It really could have. But I'm pretty sure this would set up another program for Riha to have, you know, another opponent for her title, because of course Jade has lost and we haven't seen her since she lost at Mania, so of course this opens the door for more, you know, challengers. It could be her and Charlotte again, you never know, or it could be her and JC for the title, or her and Laney for the title, or her in Fallon you just never know, or her and Alexa you just never know, But I am excited for the six women tag match. I just hear again would have loved it if it were on the Backlash pay per view. So, Bianca, who do you think? Who do you think is you know, a really great next challenger for Ria Ripley.
Speaker 2: Just looking at j C. Jane in her aesthetic, in her attire, and like her character in her aura, she's a yeah, I would say J C. Jane, they I want to say they're the same person, but they're they're the same.
Speaker 1: Person. Well, I wouldn't necessarily say they're the same person. I feel like, of course Ripley, now, Ria Ripley of course is a rock star, and j C. Jane kind of has that cool, you know, sort of rock star persona as well. But of course Rhea is more of a goth Amazon woman with all of her tattoos and everything, whereas you know, jac is worth like the clean cut, you know, I'm too good for you everything type of vibe and I and I like that aesthetic, especially coming from a village. I feel like over these past few years she really has solidified herself as a amazing villain, especially like seeing her growth down in NXT from being just in attag Team with Priscilla Kelly aka gg Dolan and then being a part of Toxic Attraction with Mandy and them, and then rising and being you know, her own star with her own faction is just it's it's amazing to see, and then her being a top villain down in NXT now like and then and then of course going to SmackDown and basically essentially doing the same thing and eliciting the same type of heat. It's just incredible to witness. And I'm so happy because she's worked so hard for so long, and I'm just really pumped, you know, to see her challenge Ria. I'm excited if that's the case, if she is next up to challenge Ria, I'm pumped about it.
Speaker 2: And the fact that they got booed on their debut it's incredible, Oh my god, like wow, not even like ten seconds and they hated Like wow, that's all that's that's what you call both, that's the they are stars. That's what you call star power. That's star quality right there. They are. I can see them hall of fame one day. Definitely a hall of Fame caliber tag team. I definitely see that, and definitely see championships, main events in WrestleMania, and yeah, just if and if they ever do go solo, I definitely see j C. Jane being at being at being at a Ripleice caliber, if not Charlotte's caliber, if not both as high as at their caliber.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, yeah, I agree, Like really, all three of them have what it takes, you know, to be a star, but definitely j C. She just she just has it. And then that night when they got booed, of course, and then of course you you also that's also a testament to the to the way people love Real Ripley so much, is that if people didn't love Real Ripley so much, then that moment also would not have worked either because if you come against Mommy, you know, everybody's gonna hate you, And that would not have worked, number one, if people if Real wasn't so beloved, and also if Jace didn't continue to feed into the fact that they did not want to hear what she had to say, dude, because of it, so and she was just feeding into the hate and just egging it on and egging it on, And that's just a testament to her to you know, her being such a good, bad guy. So I'm excited about this. I just wanted to, you know, talk more about them and just you know, give them, pray and give them love because here again, this is another match that I would have loved to have seen on the Saturday Backlash card, but it is happening on SmackDown, of course, But of course, you know, cards are subject to change, so you never know what could happen. But as it stands right now on Wednesday, those are all the women's matches that we do have to look forward to this weekend on SmackDown and Backlash. So we're moving now into the men of Backlash, and we have this heated rivalry right here, no pun intended between Seth friggin Rollins and bron Breaker. You have the pupil lashing out no pun intended here again against the It just keeps blowing out of me, against the teacher. Seth Rollins brought and recruited bron Breaker for the Vision just last year, and then you know, as quick as a flash, bron Breaker wound up turning his back on Seth Rollins and usurped the Vision away from him. And of course you have Logan now part of Logan Paul a part of things. Austin theory is in it, and they're the tag team champions, and of course Paul Hammon is still doing their bidding and all of the above. And Seth Rollins in his match at WrestleMania against Gunther, they had a stellar match, but then it gets interrupted and undercut by the interference of a returning Bron Breaker from his injury, who came back and gave him probably the craziest running spears I've ever seen in my life. The fact that Broun Breaker is not on the Las Vegas Raiders right now upsets me and it always will because we could use his skills, but he chose his path and it's wrestling. So Seth and Bron have been fighting back and forth. They were definitely tussling. Seth Rawlins messed up his suit. They were tussling back and forth, spearing each other, back and forth and everything on this past Monday. So it's gonna be pretty crazy stuff. So, Bianca, who is your prediction to win this marriage?
Speaker 2: I hope Seth I do. But then why do I feel like Roan Bricker will win with the interference of them?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. He just might. He has that X factor. You're right, m.
Speaker 2: It's always so annoying when just always get interrupted, so annoying, but as much, Yeah, that's yeah, that's my prediction Seth rollins, although I feel that that he'll that Ron will get help from his millions and then end up winning and then doing his shick, his than spearing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I definitely predict that Seth is going to win. But I feel like he's gonna get attacked afterward. He's gonna get attacked afterward, and he's going to have to recruit some help if he has not recruited help already, because on raw backstage, we saw him getting into it and talking to the street profits and everything, So I don't know, I feel like there's something else between him. He did have that stand off with Roman, but then he also keeps getting into it, into these arguments with montes Ford, and it's like a part of me feels like, Seth, why aren't you recruiting montes To and Angelo to fight alongside with you to even up the odds instead of you getting into it with montes all the time. I know, like, why don't you guys you know, just you know, team up for once and not just you know, be so angry at each other all the time. But then there's another part of me that would love to see a match between Seth and Montes. I just feel like that would just get me going, like because I just love watching Montes for fight, you know, solo. He's someone who I will always be excited to see, you know, do solo work. No shade to Angelo, because I love Angelo and I love the Street Profits, always have, always will. But I just feel like there's still so much treasure to unpack when it comes to Montes, and I feel like, if there's going to be a feud between Seth and Montes, and they need to pull the trigger on that immediately. But we're here to talk about Seth and Braun and I'm hoping that Seth has recruited the Street Profits to even up the odds against Broun Breaker and the Vision at the very least, because if not, he's gonna get jumped. If he wins the match at Backlash Saturday, I feel like he's gonna get jumped after it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they will come out to help him against Dominions, and they will, and yeah, that makes sense. I definitely see the Street Profits making an appearance.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, So it's gonna be a mess. I feel like it's one one particular prediction I have outside of Seth winning, is just the fact that it's gonna be a mess, and I have due to all the interference, it's gonna be very real ignorant. Oh god, I haven't said that. I haven't said it in so long. Ignorant. It's gonna be real, ignorant. Baby. We do love you, Tony Wrestling and all in every other streamer. We love y'all so much. Lower Hammer, see, every other reactor, every content creator, we love you all. We're all in this together.
Speaker 2: Yes, my girl, it's weezy blo.
Speaker 1: We love you. So as we move forward with our predictions, we do have a United States Champion match, a rematch from WrestleMania between Trick Williams and Sammy's in. I feel like this is probably actually the only proper rematch from WrestleMania that's happening on this card so far. And of course Sammy Zain is crashing out, even though he's trying to pretend like he isn't crashing out, he is crashing out. He's angry, he's upset, that he's been bypassed by Trick Williams and all these things, and he wants his United States Championship back, and he's so angry that he even took it out on the gingerbread Man because of course Trick Williams and Lil Yachty, who they did say is supposed to be there Saturday, which I am looking forward to because I do like Little Yachty being there because he plays he plays his role. To me, he's a celebrity who plays his role really well and doesn't really overstep as much. He's not like he's not someone who's sort of you know how you sort of feel how you can feel when a person is there and they're sort of trying to force feed it to you as opposed to you wanting to see it.
Speaker 2: Naturally, like that guy in Envision.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Like I feel like that's what Little YACHTI gives. Because my thing is I was never not a fan of celebrities being a part of wrestling. I've always loved it because that's just been that's always been a thing as quiet as it's kept, you know, because I feel like us wrestling fans and our memories and I also feel like the lack of media literacy to a degree kind of bites us in the butt as wrestling fans, because celebrities have always been a part of wrestling, and they've always been a part of WrestleMania. So the idea of celebrities being a part of it now is it's not something that I'm angry about or pissed about because It's always been there, and I feel like that just brings more eyes to the product. And you know, I never had an issue with it. In Little YACHTI on the team with Trick Williams is just I mean, it just makes sense. It's it's cool to me, and Little Yachti doesn't try to overplay his role and I like that.
Speaker 2: So he does what he needs to do and leaves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okayh Yeah, he does what he needs to do. He chimes in when he needs to chime in, you know, and he actually cares, which is another thing I like about when celebrities are part of wrestling. It's like you can tell the ones that are there that are there for the sake of being there, but then you can also tell the ones that are there because they actually care. Yeah, and Lil YACHTI has shown that he cares. Even Trick Williams has mentioned how much he actually cares about it, So I'm okay with this. But like I said, Trick and Sammy, it's so funny because Trick on SmackDown was fighting, was already ready to fight. Sammy's ain't for the time anyway, but because the Gingerbread band is now dearly departed, oh god, he's fighting for the honor of the gingerbread Man. And then of course Friday they're having a funeral form and it is so oh I don't, oh my, it's so silly, and it's so funny to me because I'm just like this gingerbread Man has just it's hilarious to me because of how much it looks like Ginger from Shrek. Like that's what makes me laugh so much about this gingerbread Man. It's just the fact that y'all use it to insult Sammy. But then you bring in the mascot and he looks so much like gingerbread Man from Shrek. I can't it's hilarious. This is the hilarity that I love in my wrestling, Like everything doesn't have to be so serious, and sometimes you just gotta giggle. But the idea that sammy' zane attacked this poor gingerbread man and then, to make matters words, he did this.
Speaker 2: The buttons, not a gun drop button.
Speaker 1: Helmet. He he took the gun drop buttons, and that is what did him in. He took the gun drop button. Sammy's ain't is not the gingerbread Man anymore. He's Lord Farquad. He's Lord Farquad now and the gingerbread Man is now no longer with us. So now Trick Williams is fighting not only for his title, but for the honor of the gingerbread Man. So I'm predicting that Trick Williams is gonna retain the United States Championship. This is his first main roster title, and I just feel like, due to Shenanigans or anything else, I just feel like he's gonna retain.
Speaker 2: I can't even be mad at that, because I watched RuPaul's Drag Race, and that show teaches me to be to love the stupid, to love the absurdity, to love the lun to see, and to embrace it. I'm not mad at it. It's just so stupid and the best way possible, in the best way. Oh my god, it's so campy, it's so ridiculous, just like Dan Housen exactly. I'm be mad at that. It's so ridiculous, it's so stupid and so delightfully, so wonderfully and delightfully stupid. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like watching cartoons because honestly, I mean, think about how many children watch wrestling week to week and they've probably been invested in the in the aftermath of the gingerbread man dying, Like that's that's what I think about, because I mean, I don't have any children, but I love children so so I never so for me, it doesn't take a lot for me to, you know, see things from a child's perspective. So imagine being a kid watching wrestling nowadays, and then you're angry at Sammy because he because because he hurt the gingerbread man. Like that's real, that's real, child, that's very real stuff. So you know, sometimes I feel like we got to turn off our adult brains at times and just watch things from a children's, a child's perspective, and like we used to like like like you used to when you were a kid, and so it's it's funny. I think it's funny. I don't know, I don't think. I wouldn't call it stupid. I just call it funny and just really silly because and I'm and I'm a goofball, so I love stuff like this. But but for what are your predictionious, Biyakova is Mitch.
Speaker 2: I think trick will when I think this will make Sammy crash that look at his face, look at that beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just why are I? And then but then why do I keep thinking about Kevin Owen's returning m to help to you know, help have me calmed down, to like help help his friend. And then at the end, well not attack. Yeah, just got to help Sammy because little Bell by his side, so he needs his fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think, yeah, that between that's a good prediction because we haven't seen Kevin Owens in a year now. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean he would come back and fight, of course, because the neck injury is very serious, so you have to be careful when it comes to that. He could come and be Sammy's more Sammy's moral support. But I have a whole other prediction involving another person that isn't Kevin Owens Because I am such a big fan of Carmelo Hayes. A part of me fee that Carmelo could cause a wrinkle in things because he is someone who if he was, of course, you know, the United States champion before Sammy's ain used his underhanded tactics to capitalize on Carmelo getting attacked by Trick Williams. I feel like he could cause a wrinkle into things as well. And because you know a lot of people were saying, where's Carmelo, Where's Carmelo? You know, after WrestleMania, he did tweet and say see you soon with a picture, so he could show up on Friday, he could show up on Saturday, and he could cause a wrinkle into things. So the way that you feel that maybe Kevin Owens could come and be a moral support for Sammy somehow or another, I feel like Carmelo could very well come in and cause a wrinkle for both Trick and Sammy and then try to reinsert himself back into the United States title picture, which he shouldn't have really, which you could argue that he's should not have lost in the first place. Yeah, yeah, because he has to get his look back. But because of that, and also because of his open challenges and everything, he had to miss Mania, and a lot of people were very angry about that, including me. But so I'm just saying, like Carmelo Hayes could also be someone who could you know, causing a new wrinkle into things. Yeah, and let me just say this interaction that happened before WrestleMania between Trick and Carmelo really bummed me out a bit because it's almost like looking into like a reverse mirror, because once upon a time it was Trick and mellow gang like an nx T. Yeah, and Trick wasn't even wrestling fully at that point, and he was really the moral support for Melo until they broke up. And now you see Trick, you know, who's grown into who he is, and now he has little YACHTI with him, and it's essentially it's almost like, you know, the same thing, except but a hole in a different packaging. It's really insane how things evolve, right.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can pay thank you for a freshman memory because yeah, they did have their whole fac team. Oh my god, I love it when this is why I love NXC when they like go up in the main roster. They like have their have more storylines because they're more evolved. I love that, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then they make it make sense now too, because back in the day, under another regime, you know, they used to pretend that NXT stuff didn't matter or NXT lore didn't matter, whereas now they completely fully acknowledge NXC as a third brand and acknowledge the lore between a lot of the people that get called up, so they don't insult our intelligence in that way. Like if you watch all the show's hardcore, they reward you or that in that way. And I really appreciate that because for years it was almost like night and day, and now it's not. It's just like it's the natural progression. Yeah, and I like that a lot. So yeah, we could see Carmelo Hays pop back up Friday or Saturday, and I hope so because I miss him. I miss him, and I love that him shirt. I gotta get it. I gotta get it. I gotta get it because his shirts were fresh to death. I gotta get it. I gottack it. But yeah, it's gonna be interesting. Another interesting match we have. Speaking of the silly we have a tag team match between the Miz and his pupil, Kit will soon going up against Dan Housen and a mystery tag team partner of his choosing who loves human monies. There's two sets of predictions here. Number one, who's gonna win this man? At number two, who do you think his partner is. I've seen people say that they feel like it might be Seeing Punk because see him Punk and Dan Housen are friends, and he likes human monies. I don't know. It's really hard to say. I almost feel like maybe it could be Johnny Gargano. Maybe it could really be anybody knowing Dan Housen. A part of me wants it also to be our truth for some reason, because him and our truth Truth Housend would be so silly and I will Oh my god, I don't know. I just don't know. It really is a mystery when it comes to Dan Housen. But I'm gonna predict that Dan Housen and his mystery partner are gonna win because the Miss and Kit Wilson they're a pretty okay tag team, but of course they've been cursed, so I think the fix is in. What do you think Bianca.
Speaker 2: I love that the miss has been in w b E for this long and then he and for all before, as long as he's and for as long as he's been in w w E, he's been, he's kept up with not only the bad guy, but like the funny and serious bad guy. Does that mean.
Speaker 1: Yes, it makes a lot of sense. And there.
Speaker 2: I love the storyline, I really I love. It's so funny and so ridiculous. And I do I do think that Dan Housen and his mystery guests will win. I I I have. I speaking of Dan Housen, every time I see I always try to avoid seeing like pictures of him unmasked, because like it just doesn't feel right seeing him without a mask, without without did I say a mass without paint? Yeah, because like every because like it's just like like the old Steak. I don't want to know his name, he's the all steak guy, Like I don't want to see I don't know it, just doesn't want to feel I just wouldn't feel right seeing him without face paint. Like every time I stumble upon pictures of him, I just like like get it out of my face like real quick, because like I just don't. I don't want to see it. I don't know. It's just I like this very mysterio, like like Rays. Seeing him without a massa, it doesn't it doesn't feel right. I know you're without a mass You're the king of mystery, that's your name. You're very stereo. Yeah, but I think that has a moment.
Speaker 1: I understand that sentiment because I felt the exact same way the first time I saw Ray without his mask, like my dad showed me, and I felt like I low ki felt like I cursed for the first time because I was just like, what do you mean, Like without his mask, that's bad, But they come to find out, to see him without his mask, to see Raymond Sterio without his mask is to be blessed because he was here. That's a good looking man, like his wife is very lucky because he he is gorgeous. Raymosterio is a gorgeous man. I love seeing the old clips of him in w CW with his mask off, because that that man was was cute, like for real. But yeah, I understand how you feel seeing people without their you know, persona on. It's it's very different. It's it's very it's very evil, very not nice.
Speaker 2: At all. But the man behind that housing, he's a father and a husband. Was the last thing I expected to be to hear. You know, it's very unexpected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing that surprised me was just the fact that Dan Housen really is his last name, like that it is? It is. I looked it up. I kid you, not like dan Housen really is his last name? What for real?
Speaker 2: We've been saying his last thing this whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's amazing though, because I mean, what, well, I'm biased because I've done this for years, but what better brand to get behind than your own name. Seriously, Yeah, it sounds like it's it's great, but then it also sounds like a name that you would hear, like in like a very scary book, like in an episode of Goosebumps or something. I like it. I like it. We love Dan Housen so hopefully, so hopefully, the Hearty Wrestling Podcast will never be cursed. So yeah, we're both predicting that Dan Housen, whoever his mystery partner is, will definitely win.
Speaker 2: I remember hearing I'm getting I remember I would follow CM punk when he would be at when he was when he was in w W E and just seeing him, just seeing that name, I wasn't like I think he was. I think it was at a E W. Can I tell you that, of course, Okay? I I think that during that era was when I was first introduced to Dan Housen because oh really, okay, I'm not okay cool? And then I and seeing him now and seeing how like he and like getting to know him and seeing why people love Dan Hillsen and seeing why seem punk likes Dan Houson. That's the his introduction at well, was it Russell Palooza?
Speaker 1: No, dan Housen's introduction was at Elimination Chamber this year, was it? Yeah? That was that Elimination Chamber this year because it was in Chicago, it was yeah.
Speaker 2: And then and wow, and that's right.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I love and I remember how everybody thought for sure was going to be someone else, but then when it turned out to be Dan Housen, people online were trying to add like, oh my god, I'm so disappointed, only for Dan Housen to now be more over than than ever before. Yeah, get it together, guys, relaxed, but you know, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, no, but yeah, I just really liked Dan Housen and getting to and getting to know him, and just I get it, I get the ship, I get it. It's he's really, he's he's really, he's really funny, and I love that he's a family man. And yeah, I love the the fact that he gets actual the fact that people actually give him money, not just for his marriage, but like just because you can see the amount of money see him FuG gives Danausen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then did you also see how he actually how because he cursed Stephen A. Smith on ESPN, and he cursed the New York Knicks they weren't winning, and then when he reversed the curse on a cameo for a fan, they actually started winning more. And now that I believe they're still in the playoffs, if I'm not mistaken. That's hilarious to me. Yeah, Like that's the kind of stuff if I really enjoy, like I enjoy, I enjoy the crossover, and I also appreciate how silly it is. But it also teaches you a lesson, like you gotta be careful of the world you say, because they can become real, like words have power. Like that is very much a thing.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I'm like, does Dan has to have powers? Because like I feel like.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, he has powers.
Speaker 2: This is like wow, that's just like I feel. I feel some like magic, like I don't know, I feel some energy. I don't know. It's just I think without the mask, like he's he's cool, he's like a normal guy. But with the mask he has magical power.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's he's a magical being, even though even though his disappearing acts aren't exactly the greatest, because he'll try, like in a puff of smoke, and he'll still be there. It's so funny, and then he'll run.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh, Dan Hausen never changed.
Speaker 2: A beetle Juice.
Speaker 1: Exactly. He does remind me of Beetlejuice. I see that great observation.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the last stick at missus House in the pool? Yeah, that whole thing reminded me of like those nineties villains, well not villains those, It reminded me of Beetlejuice. It reminded me of those.
Speaker 1: Freaky nineties cartoons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not not only cartoons, but like those movies with the with the freaky and campy ness of it, all that jump from the pool, Like, hell, I want to know how he thinks about this, and like what it takes for him to create these videos and montages and is it vignettes? Those? I want to I want to know. I want to know his thought process. I want to know because he's very creative mm hmmm and.
Speaker 1: Mack.
Speaker 2: And he's only wrestled many like mph oh, he hasn't wrestled a lot. But seeing him wrestle like he has, Oh my god, I was exactly shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dan has. It might be very silly, but don't get it twisted when it's time to get in that ring, like when he fought the like on Dave Dews the first time, Like I was just like wow, okay, like you really can't go like when it comes down to it. So he's he's a substantial a very very substantial talent, and he's very hilarious. And I need his shirt too, I just I need I need to shop. But yeah, we're but back to just the predictions of it all. We love Dan Housen. He's very evil, very nice, and we want him to win this tag team match and we can't wait to see who his mystery partner is going to be. And I also love Kit Wilson too, like I love him. I've always loved him. I loved him even when he was with Pretty and Pretty Deadly with Elton Prince get well suited to him. I loved Pretty Deadly so much so to see Kit Wilson sort of jump down on his own with this is really cool for me. But yeah, Dan Housen for the win and finally, wow, we have this beefy match right here between Roman Reigns the new world heavyweight champion. I'm so sorry, Bianca. I know you wanted to see him punk to win. I know you did. I know you did. I wanted Punk to win too, but you know, the facts are the facts, and Roman Zebra is the world anyway champion.
Speaker 2: I don't know he's I'm just like one two. I just gave up.
Speaker 1: It was I just wanted to cheer you up. I just wanted to cheer you.
Speaker 2: I don't think now it's not the time.
Speaker 1: That I just wanted to cheer you up.
Speaker 2: There's a time of place for.
Speaker 1: I never get.
Speaker 2: Tired of it.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not worry his story.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, exactly mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. But the facts are the facts. Roman rings the OTC is the World heavyweight Champion, and look, they've been pissing a lot of people off, so it seems like that's putting par for the course over the last few weeks. But he is fighting his family again because Jacob fought to fresh from defeating Drew McIntire in an unsanctioned match, decided he wanted to step to his cousin. Maybe I don't know the specific relation. I think it's cousin and challenge for the world heavyweight title. He's made the jump to raw and this match is happening now. I'm not gonna lie. This surprised me when Jacob challenged him, because of course Jacob was, you know, doing his thing on SmackDown, but of course, you know, in the moving around of things, I understand how that can go. But to see him challenge Roman, I'm not gonna lie. As much as I love Jacob Fatu, it bummed me out that a certain ruler did not challenge Roman. So before we get into predictions, let me just say this was one of my favorite parts of WrestleMania. I haven't said it's on record yet. This was one of my favorite parts of WrestleMania. I was so glad that Obafemi beat and subsequently retired Pumpkinhead. It was an amazing display of strings. Oba did what needed to be done, and he is now the new Big Bad. However, having Oba Femi in these open challenges, I mean, it's okay, but I feel like, once you defeat one of Roman Reigns's greatest rivals, why aren't you moving on to challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship. Maybe they're waiting for a bigger moment for him to do that that's bigger than backlash. But I was disappointed that it wasn't Oba challenging Roman instead. Even though I understand that there is another chapter and another layer of bloodline stuff that they could do with Roman and Jacob, I wanted it to be Oba versus Roman. To me, that just made sense. Bianca, tell me how you felt about number one Oba winning at Mania and number two. Did it surprise you to see Jacob challenge Roman?
Speaker 2: Well, the whole oh my gosh, this whole match. I'm I was rooting for Oba. I'm really glad he won after the whole thing, after I said he's done, and then he said taking off his buzzs and like I was, like, I was just skiddy and then it actually happened. But I digrest. I'm really happy. I'm really happy obaman. And that entrance though, oh my god, that is one of my favorite entrances to date.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, chills inducing.
Speaker 2: Everyone saying, ohba that long walk, Oh my god. I have watched it back, but I I hold that entrance, that that entrance has a special place in my heart along with a J's and punks and more. Yo, oh my god. And he just the fact that he just came up on the main roster right now, He's has this star quality to him, insane and now and all. And I'm so happy he won. I'm really happy he won. He has and he's going places.
Speaker 1: And I pray for it. Didn't happen, amen, I legit prayed for it, Okay, like legit, like full on, I ask God, it will, it will happen.
Speaker 2: It will definitely happen. I just don't want. I just fear and feel like someone or something will mess his run. We'll mess up, we'll mess up. Well, I don't want to drink something, but I just hope no one messes something up for him. Or does something or to like put in put him in some weird situation, you know, like that, but like I mean what they like, what they do with Yeah, like I mean that, I mean because that that is something that the ri is all the words stuff. I just don't want him to like fall into that trap because he's that good and we all see it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But yes, I'm praying, praying Haran. But back to going to but going and talking about Jacob and Roman. I'm actually happy this is. Oh, I I'm actually I'm at I don't know how I I mean, I'm I'm looking forward to it. I'm actually happy. I'm actually very excited that this is happen. I'm actually very excited that this is happening. When he appeared on Raw, anytime Jacob I I love any Jacob Fatu appearing. He always hypes it up and he's always so fresh, and I'm really excited. I'm really happy this is winning and he better win. Although oh gosh, although some stuff will happen like like they always do. My rote, I'm rooting for Jacob. I'm voting for Jacob. Do you hear his do you do you hear his mic work? Do you see his micwork. Do you hear his promos fire every time? Oh my gosh. And yeah, he's unserious, but he's serious, that makes sense, Just like Roman, he's always uns I hope I'm answering your question or am I just rambling?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, No, I mean you are answering my question. I mean because Jacob, Jacob has earned this opportunity. Don't get me wrong. Even though a part of me would have loved, love, love, love for Oba to have the opportunity, you know, he still has time. Whereas Jacob, of course, being a part of the bloodline, I'm happy that he has his opportunity because he's worked so hard his entire career, even before WWE, and of course with all that he's overcome in his life, you know, he deserves an opportunity like this, and I'm happy that he does have it. And yeah, like you mentioned with his mic work, he's very intense, and you believe him. You believe every word he says, You believe you know his movements, you believe the way he wrestles, like even though it surprises you with how athletic this man is, you know, you believe everything about Jacob Fato and I definitely loved that promo to him and Royce Key slash Powerhouse Hobbs had when they were you know, bonding over their California connection, Like that was really cool too, Like you believe stuff like that because it's authentic, Like j is authentic. He's real, and I love that someone as real as him can have an opportunity like this, So I am happy for him, you know, don't get me wrong. So I understand everything you're saying, Bianca, but I will say this. The thing that the thing that does boggle my mind a bit in terms of this bloodline storyline is wondering if this is going to result in Roman either winning the match by himself or using the USOS to cheat like he used to do, and then them beating down Jacob so bad to where he has to fall in line and join the family like everything used to be back in the day, Like, is Roman gonna fall back into those old habits where you have to acknowledge me or else I will beat you into submission? Or is this a new reformed version of the tribal chief that we're saying. That's really my biggest questions going into this match. So with that in mind. As much as I love Jacob, and I would absolutely love it, love it, love it, love it, love it if he won the World Heavyweight Championship. I think Roman is going to retain. But I think this is where we are going to see what Roman's actual intentions are in terms of reuniting with the USOS. Is it going to be something diplomatic or is it going to be something abusive like it once was? And is he going to try to beat Jacob into submission because of it? Because then you also have the violent nature of it too, because Jacob ran up on that dude and did the tongue in death grip. He tried to take that man's win pipe out twice. So yeah, I don't know. Yeah, it's gonna be violent for sure, but I'm definitely predicting that Roman is going to win.
Speaker 2: It's not supposed to eat it. I think Roman is going to win too. Yeah, but I want to see Jacob Bott with the World Heavyweight Championship.
Speaker 1: And that would be sick, right.
Speaker 2: I don't has he everyone this speak?
Speaker 1: No, he won the United States title last year Russell Mania, so he has held gold in w before, but not the top gold.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, he definitely needs that top He definitely looks like a top man. He has he proved himself that he's a top man.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. He can yeah, you know, and if he doesn't win it this time, he definitely has another chance. He can definitely get another chance, Like this guy is the limit for him. But I'm just wondering, like, are the USOS going to help Roman win or is Roman going to do it himself because he did defeat Seampunk by himself at Mania. Yeah, but so a part of me is just wondering, you know, how is this gonna play out in the New bloodline of things? Interesting things to think about. Backlash Tampa, you know, has the potential to be a really good pay per view. Like I said earlier, it will be airing ones on the ESPN app, but the first hour is going to be on ESPN two on the TV on the cable, and of course internationally it will be on Netflix. So yeah, we have a lot to look forward to with this pay per view. I'm very excited about it, you know, regardless, And it's gonna be a cool weekend regardless, even with SmackDown being before it as well. So I'm pumped. Yes. So something else I do want to mention before I go is that I wanted to talk about how I was blessed to have been featured on a BBC podcast. So for those who may or may not know, BBC is you know, basically CNN for Great Britain and they have different networks of news involving you know, television news, mass media, podcasts and everything. And I got to do an interview for their Business Daily podcast for the BBC World Service on the episode that they released on April the fifteenth, call how Wrestling Became Big Business. They released it during Wrestlemingia weekend and I was very proud to have been to have been a part of it. I'm also proud because this was a major moment because just the idea of people listening to me, you know, in the United States, is cool, but the idea that people would want to listen to me in the UK is even amazing too, So I'm really grateful for that and thankful to BBC for even thinking of me in that regard. And then it also means a lot because this was the last major thing that my mom got to hear me do. She listened to it and she was very excited. My dad told me when he listened when he had her listen to it, that she wasn't paying attention like in the first few seconds, but then when she heard my voice, she was like, oh, you know, so I'm really grateful that I got to do that, and that was the last thing she got to hear me do before she passed. So if you have not already, go on BBC World Service and go on their Business Daily podcast and scroll a little bit down because they do release episodes every other day and listen to that. Because that episode got released during WrestleMania weekend and I just wanted to talk about it on the pod because I didn't have a chance to given life stuff.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, it's a great Interville listen to. She gives great insight on wrestling. So the way she talks about wrestling on hear is what she does on a very more much more professional I mean it is professional. She's very professional on this on this uh episode episode.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a very great listen. She's very insightful, she's she knows what she's talking about. She's she's a very great wrestling wrestling historian, and she gives the she gives great facts and she knows the fact, she knows what she's talking about. And yeah, please give it a listen. I listened to it. It's amazing and I'm really happy mother, miss And I'm really happy my mother got to listen to this and witnessed this before she went on to Greener and Great, the Great Beyond. Yes, say her name one more time.
Speaker 1: Yes, her name is Cephra Hardy. Adeline Hobson Hardy is her whole wife. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, may always be a blessing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so that brings us the end of our time together. So I'm so happy to have done this episode, and I'm so happy to have done this episode with you, Bianca. So tell everybody where they can find and follow you and what else you have going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have some things coming up. I have. You can follow my my main announcing journey on Instagram and TikTok at Ebonie Rose Ringside. That's E B O and I Rose R O S E R I n G s I d Ebony Rose spring Side. Spell that five times. So if you want to follow me on the personal level, we'll get to know me on personal level. You can follow me on Twitter and on Instagram at Beyonca Addison and uh yeah, that's pretty much it cool.
Speaker 1: Awesome sauce. So of course you can follow me your girl Stephanie Harty on Instagram and Twitter at Queen steph Harty. You can follow the show the Hardy Wrestling Podcast on Instagram at Hardy Wrestling Podcast and on Twitter slash x at Hardy Wressell Pod like on the bottom of the screen, and of course you can subscribe to the YouTube channel which is of course the Hardy Wrestling Podcast with the purple logo that you see in the corner over there. Get those subscriber numbers up, and of course repost and like and share different video clips as they are shared throughout this weekend because I'm trying to get back into the swing of things slowly but surely, so you know, just bear with me. But either way, that's where you can find and follow all the stuff there and just continue to support the vibe and support us as black women in wrestling media and black women in media as a whole, and just continue to just support the content creators out here doing their things and doing their best to express their love of professional wrestling in so many different way shapes and forms, and also continue to hold on to your love for professional wrestling, because I think it's easy to get caught up in the dirt sheets, and it's easy to get caught up in rumors and just so many ups and downs and changes of wrestling, But you'd really have to appreciate and just dive into why you love wrestling and hold on to that and not let that get tainted just because things change. You know, life is made of change, but you have to learn how to adapt and also have an open mind, which is another great lesson that my mom taught me in life, is that you have to have an open mind and know that even though your favorites won't be here anymore, they could be somewhere else and you could see them operate in another different function, and you have to be open to that level of change and that level of evolution. So it's gonna be Okay, We're gonna hold on, and we're gonna still love wrestling for what it is and for what it gives us, and we're gonna try our best to just hold on to the things we love.
Speaker 2: So well said keep on
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So, of course, this has been the hardy wrestling Podcast with Your Girls Stephanie Hardy and Bianca Addison And until next time, Bye y'all.