Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donny and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 4: Two nothing, It's alva not so fast co hole breath with John Taylor. I say that the winner of the draft lottery should be the winner of a two man loose.
Speaker 3: And Rick Dolly Wall I had a cherry tree up a little Ricky.
Speaker 5: I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours, a bunch on those cherry years.
Speaker 1: Donnie and Dolly, Welcome to the Paul Carson Studio at Oh Boy Productions in downtown Vancouver. I am Ryan Henderson alongside Rick Dollyball, Derek Wong directing the program in Quinn Taylor in the producer's chair.
Speaker 5: How are you lovely? Couldn't be better?
Speaker 1: How about that heat?
Speaker 5: The heat last night?
Speaker 1: Disgusting, disgusting, It's tough.
Speaker 5: It's tank top time. This is when you wear your tank top.
Speaker 1: Well that I know.
Speaker 5: This is why you purchase tank tops, and this is why you wear them in heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was way too hot for me yesterday, Way too hot.
Speaker 3: You don't got it.
Speaker 5: You don't got a tank top?
Speaker 3: Well, like, of course you wear a tank top in the but what's the bot if you.
Speaker 5: Wear a tank top. You gotta have shoulders.
Speaker 3: I know, I saw your profile picture.
Speaker 5: Shoulders not necessarily arms, but you have to have shoulders to wear a tank top. A tank top won't fit properly unless the shoulders are there.
Speaker 1: Well, infamously, who did you run into?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: With good shoulders in a tank top? Who's that Mike Benavides?
Speaker 5: Oh, Mike benavidees, Yeah, that guy is like he's built like a German tank like. I mean he is he. I'm telling you that guy is the line of defensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw him at subway in a tank top. I didn't recognize him at first. Really, I had to go up and go, hey are you Mike, and he said, yeah, I've never seen him in a tank drop before. But you gotta have shoulders.
Speaker 3: You gotta have shoulders, I know, like your Twitter profile picture.
Speaker 5: But you know what, you gotta work on the shoulders. You got to work on the shoulders.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Speaking of heat, Ricky, it's gonna be hot. It's hot right now down by our studios here in downtown Vancouver. We're we can almost see BC Place from our studio. We're very close to the stadium and today is going to be a regardless of what happens, it's going to be a very historic day with this men's national soccer team Canon and Switzerland coming up at noon. The scene right now, though, the march to the match is just begun, and this is this is the scene right now. This is Rob Williams our good pal on Twitter from the Daily Eye. He just moved this video and this is outside Science World. I believe that he sent this out. And this is everyone gathered, the voyagers and all the Canadian fans gathered and getting ready to head towards BC Places for that match coming up up at noon. If you don't know, again, single point for Canada. All they need a tie.
Speaker 5: All they need is not the win, but the.
Speaker 1: Time either one gets them the win. They stay here in Vancouver for the Round of thirty two match.
Speaker 5: Don't have to play till July second. That's the other key here we get rest.
Speaker 1: They will not play until next Thursday, July the second. The winner of group by the loser, or not the loser, but the team that drops down to second. They're still moving on, but they're gonna play in Los Angeles for one and two that matches this weekend, so you're not as much time. And we know about Canada's health situation. And speaking of Jesse Marsh saying yesterday he expects Alfonso Davies to play in today's match, We're gonna likely see the first glimpse of Alfonso Davies unless something crazy happens and they're out to some massive lead again. But I don't see how that happening against Switzerland. He's not gonna start, but he is gonna play today. But it's just a it's the atmosphere ricked down here. It's it's incredible. We've been talking about it a lot, twenty ten comparables at all that.
Speaker 5: Stuff started this morning at seven oo. It was yes when I when I got to work at seven this morning.
Speaker 1: If you didn't get here at seven, get here at seven, asked Derek.
Speaker 5: Derek. Did I not get here at seven? I get here at seven?
Speaker 3: I get do get here last last?
Speaker 5: The young kid there got here before you did.
Speaker 1: Would you Derek was here at seven? That's even more surprising?
Speaker 3: Was I not here at seven?
Speaker 5: I'm a firm believer and not showing up to work late. I get every show I've ever done in my life. I get there three hours for studio. It's it's quiet time. You're not here, so I get a lot of work done at quiet time. I my quiet time. But I started seeing red this morning at seven. I went for a coffee run. Twice. I couldn't get into the coffee shops were jam packed, too busy. So I went down for a coffee run. The first one I got, I got shut out. Too many people in the coffee shops. Then I went back. This is it. This is what downtown Vancouver. This isn't downtown Vancouver. This is obviously Falls Creek, but I'm telling you downtown Vancouver is just like this as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, the scene's everywhere, I mean Granville Street. The watch parties. The watch parties, by the way, that we've been talking about out at the p and E. They moved information yesterday, the official World Cup account for Vancouver. They're over two hundred thousand people break have gone through those watch parties already at the p and E. And again we're not even in We're only in the group stage. Still it's just been it's just been incredible. And like I say, regardless of what happens, if they somehow lose this game, it's gonna be a massive talking point, right because this is their toughest test, this is their toughest test. They had the one to one draw against Bosnia, which I think a lot of people were let down, feeling a little let down after then they pumped Katar, but Katar went down to ten men thirty minutes into the match, so we didn't get a full glimpse at what what do we believe about Canada. But today, I mean, this is a massive, massive moment and let's be honest, every match from here on in is historic, it's record setting all that it's gonna be, it's gonna be something special.
Speaker 5: Today it's a tough it's a tough one and and Switzerland is one of the top possession teams so far yep at the World Cup. They don't like give him the ball away, So I mean this is going to be a tough match.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's interesting with Switzerland. They opened the tournament one to one against Katar, that team that Canada just beat up eat and then they came their second match for one over Bosnia, so they did rebound. But it's hard to make out what exactly Switzerland is but we'll find out today again noon, coming up here in Vancouver. By the way, if Canada wins the group Group B, these are some of the possible countries. We don't know who they will be playing for. Some of the possibilities though, to play here in Vancouver are Belgium, Iran, Egypt, and Algeria. So that is just some of the possibilities. There's a million different websites that do predictions and probabilities and all those things, and you can come up with a million different formulations. But for now, those are some of the countries that might be playing Canada in Group B. H Okay, the other thing happening it is NHL Draft week. We're coming up on forty eight hours from the draft kicking off in Buffalo. Rick, you've been doing this a long time, you know, covering hockey the NHL. Where does the craziness of yesterday ranked for you in days you've seen with the league, But for me, it's got to be right up there.
Speaker 5: Usually it was at the draft day. This week is usually you know, years ago it'd be quiet, quiet, quiet, and then on Friday the draft it would explode. But yesterday exploded with so many trades. So how does this affect the Canucks. What happened yesterday? So many big trades in the NHL. Canucks fans want trades right now. They want Philip Paronic trade because of the return could be huge.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: You saw a two defenseman move yesterday for first round pick.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Okay. The only untouched untouchables on this Vancouver team be Boolliam, Willander and Coots. As I said yesterday, Canucks don't have Heronic's name out there. Everybody wants looked at. They should be listening on all vets. They're listening on Peterson, They're listening on debrask They're listening on Besser, They're listening on basically everybody. But they know we As I was told yesterday, Heronic's name is not out there, but they should be listening on them. They should be listening. But here's the three problems for everybody that wants Heronic out of town. He's got a no move. Canucks have a very young blue line. You need a veteran defenseman back there to guide the kids. He's also a strong candidate to be named captain, which we've been saying for a long time. I've been saying this for months. He's a strong, strong candidate. Here's the other thing about a rebuild. People don't realize. You don't want to lose nine to one every night in a rebuild. You want to be some somewhat competitive because when you lose nine to one every game, it's not good for the young players development their confidence, and it won't help you attract players to Vancouver at all. There is also the real possibility that Heronic has already told the team he won't wave his no move. So there is a lot of things going on. Here's the other thing. The Rutherford regime handed out no move clauses like they were candy. This regime's got to deal with all the no moves. It's not easy. Players work hard for no move clauses. Some are very stingy about moving them. I people don't understand why players fight for no moves and why they don't wave them like. It's a very interesting situation with no moves. Players work hard to get those in trades. They're not just gonna wave it just because some idiot on Twitter wants you to wave it. So here's the other one for you. Just because a bunch of teams made trade yesterday, does that mean every team's got to make a trade. Do you make a trade just for the sake of making a trade? Do you have Russia trade? If the Canucks Russia trade today because everybody made a trade yesterday and it's a bad one, they're gonna get rip for making a bad trade. Yeah, and being rushed into a trade. Yeah. So do you all these guys on Twitter, Oh my god, five hundred trade yesterday? The Canucks got to make one. So do they just react and make a trade just for the hell of it? But here's the thing that way, is that how you make trades in the NHL? No, because five other teams made up No.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, Rick, is there is a certain sense of PTSD with Canuck fans, And you know why, because of instances like we ran out of time in the betting era, remember that one we ran out of time, other trade deadlines that have gone past with players that they've just not done anything with. So there's a certain level of PTSD when fans see teams being active and the Canucks aren't because that's kind of been their mo You're one hundred percent right about You know, fans are very fickle and they just they want everything in the moment, and so.
Speaker 5: Let's make a rush trade because a group of ten guys on Twitter no work together, are out tweeting every time second.
Speaker 1: But I get the point of view, I do. I get the feeling.
Speaker 5: It makes sense. Here's where you're wrong. This regime is in year one of a rebuild. At their introductory press conferences said we're not going to rush it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that.
Speaker 5: Okakay, they're going to be patient. You can make trades this summer. Is there a deadline like today or tomorrow where you Canucks have to make a trade.
Speaker 1: No, but you've covered the league long enough. The deadline is July first.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest.
Speaker 5: Okay. Other than Debraskan Heronic, Canucks don't have many veterans. No easy year, right, So there's a lot of big contracts on the Canucks. There's a lot of underachieving players. This is the thirty second place team in the National Hockey League. There's not a lot of people that want players from Vancouver because they were dead last by twenty points. Yeah, it's not like there's a ton of teams going. Let's call Vancouver get their players.
Speaker 3: They were so.
Speaker 5: Good last year. Oh, they were so good last year. Let's get Vancouver players. It's easy to say to make a trade. It's harder to do it. But these guys that just want you to rush these guys on Twitter or rush to make a trade because they are five trades yesterday. That's not the way teams do it. Everything we know about Ryan Johnson and the Twins, they don't give a crap of what the media says or social media, as opposed to the other regime which cared too much about what the media said. These guys are gonna be patient. They'll do what's right for the Vancouver Canucks. If the trade is today or if it's in July or August, they'll make the trade.
Speaker 1: Yes. But again, I know the regime is early Rick, but they're being judged unfortunately on the history of the franchise, and it's unfair to them. I'll say it right now. I know it's unfair to Ryan Johnson and Daniel Henrick for that. But fans have followed the fans that have followed this team all the way along. They're lumping in all of the experiences onto these guys. And your point, though, Rick, about what they have to sell is one that I think some people are forgetting. In my opinion, Heroonics, they're easily easily easily. But he's their best chip Roni's their best chip, right, obviously.
Speaker 5: But Nebraska is going to be easy to move the other guys right, who have tons of turns right, who have tons of money right, who are underachieving, who have no moves right. And it's not like teams are sitting there going, boy, let's go get a whole bunch of exactly Canucks exactly. Oh, they finished thirty second last year, exactly a ton of great hockey players there, exactly the way it.
Speaker 1: Works, and there's a lot of guys that play EA Sports, NHL. When it comes to trades and all that stuff, there's a lot of things that go into it. The no move goes into it like a ton of things to go into They got seven.
Speaker 5: No moves because Rutherford NLV and handed all moves after they were candy.
Speaker 3: The league as a.
Speaker 1: Whole rake hole hands them out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but after happen to the Vancouver in the West, the number of no moves dropped, Yeah, it drops. The Canucks have got to stop handing out no moves. They are having trouble moving guys right now because of their no moves. That makes it tough to make a trade.
Speaker 1: Let's just quickly go to the Waddling Dog poll question. We're gonna set this up. It goes. It goes with a lot of what Rick just talked about when it comes to Philip Peronic experience one of Victoria's iconic destinations. This place is going to be hopping and bopping today. Catch the World Cup at the Waddling Dog. Canada games are shown live and loud on all twenty two TVs with full sound. Come sit and stay at the Dog today, Rick.
Speaker 5: Quinn, get her up the Wattling Dog up pop pole. Question Two defensemen were traded yesterday for first round pick. Sure, the Canucks traded to Philip Peronic. It is clearly the people want to Yes. They're saying yes eighty four percent, but sixteen percent say no. If it was really easy, they'd have done it by now. They would have asked him to wave and he would have said yes. They would have went out and got first picks. But what people don't realize this is going to be a whole lot tougher. There's other guys with no moves on Vancouver that don't want to leave.
Speaker 1: It's too pronged for me though, Okay, it's too pronged for me. If Heronic has his heels dug in and he's said something like I've got my no move, I'm not moving, okay, then you have to respect that. That is what it is. He wants to stay here. I don't really know why, but he wants us, they hear. But if the other side of it, Rick is true that the franchise considers him untouchable for whatever.
Speaker 5: That I don't know, and I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know you don't.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: The young young kids are the only untouchables, and I think it's right.
Speaker 1: But if they lomp Peronic into that, that's that makes no sense. I don't It's a math problem. His year prime years and what this team is going to be during them makes no sense. I know what you say about you don't want to lose nine nothing every night. I get that, and nobody wants that. But you also have somebody that's too valuable on your team because Okay, So they're not going to lose nine to one with Philip Paronic, but they'll lose four to two, five to two.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't lose nine to one because they got thirteen million invested in two Golden Sure.
Speaker 1: Well there's that too, But when it comes to Moronik, I think you can go out and sign a Luke Shen if you're worried about veterans or whatever on the back end, but you need.
Speaker 5: To Shen is thirty seven. He's not going to give you twenty four minutes a night. Philip Paronic's gonna give you twenty four minutes a night to what end? Though?
Speaker 1: To what end?
Speaker 3: So what what does that do?
Speaker 5: Second, is a six to seven defense who might have to be a healthy scratch some night.
Speaker 3: That's not your veteran.
Speaker 1: Got okay, And Philip Heronic's gonna be a number one on a thirty second place team. That doesn't make sense either.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, it does when there's four defensemen under the age of twenty four on Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Sure, but you can't.
Speaker 5: It's just this is like dressing for sixteen year olds on defense in the Western Hockey League. How do you think that.
Speaker 1: Would go not well. But I said this yesterday. Philip Paronic is like s.
Speaker 5: And stop with the GT. Luke Shan to replace Heronic. Luke Shan's a six seven guy. He's not going to give you twenty four minutes.
Speaker 1: No, but again, I don't understand for having Heronic. Heronic is too valuable to have in a rebuild. Doesn't make any sense. It makes no sense to have him around. They should again unless if she's on him.
Speaker 3: But if he's dug.
Speaker 1: In and told them that, then then whatever you can't do anything about.
Speaker 5: Betchen should bitch about the previous regime. It's handing out that no move because that no move's causing all the problems.
Speaker 1: We have a loaded show today, two hours of jam packed content for we'll continue to talk about all the trades that went down yesterday in the NHL, and we'll stay up to date on anything that happens this morning during our show, and we'll continue talk more about the Canucks. Are still lot going on as well. But coming up at eleven fifteen, Caroline Harvey's gonna join us number one overall pick last Wednesday to the Vancouver Goldenezed Defender or the University of Wisconsin we'll talk to Caroline around eleven fifteen John Shannon at eleven am. Paul Dolan is coming up at ten thirty. He's on his way to the big match today, Rick at BC Place noon, Canada, Switzerland. So we'll talk to Doley at ten thirty. Up next though our good pal voice of the British Columbia Lions columnists for Black Press Media, Bob the mojmar Janovic. He's next to Donian Dolly. The team on check Donni and Dolly.
Speaker 6: The team is supported by Abelauctions dot ca. A Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 5: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 4: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email Sales at Ableauctions dot CA. That's sales at ABLA Auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 1: Wednesday and all of our guests today are brought to you by our friends at the BC Construction Safety Alliance, making safety simpler for more than fifty seven thousand employers across the province. Want to bring the BCCSA to your job site. Safety on Tour delivers dynamic mobile safety demonstrations directly to your workplace at no cost to you. Visit Safety on Tour dot CA today to book your free Safety on Tour demonstration. Lots of reaction. But the Philiperona talk and his future with the Vancouver Canucks joined now by our good power voice of the British Columbia Allons columnists for Black Press, Moje on the program, Moje, how are you, sir, good fellas? So for those of you on the podcast, Moje's background today is me as a cook at in and out Burger, And to be honest with you that that is like my dream job.
Speaker 3: You know what I.
Speaker 7: Was thinking, It is your dream jobs, Like that's.
Speaker 1: Rights at in and out, in and out right.
Speaker 3: So the only thing.
Speaker 1: Is then I think I get sick of the in and out Burger. So maybe not, I don't know. Moch our previous segment, we're talking all about Philipparonic's future in Vancouver after all the trades yesterday, especially some of the prices that were being thrown around for defenseman. He's got his no move clause.
Speaker 3: We know that.
Speaker 1: But if you were in the GM seat with the Canucks, what would you do with Philip Peronic And.
Speaker 7: It's such a tough call. And I look at it this way. Could you get a bounty of assets for Philip Ronick? You've back at help in terms of the rebuild, you bet. Yet at the same time, Rick always makes the point you have to have some veterans, someplay thank you on your team right, somebody to provide leadership, somebody to set an example. It's not just about having veterans. It's about having the right veterans in a rebuild. And you know, everything we've heard about Rhodick, he's been one of those guys that has really stepped to the forefront. Adam Foot talked about how he really clutched up as a leader in the last year or so. And you know, it's to me, like I said, it's not a slam dunk as a lot of people make it out to be.
Speaker 5: Absolutely Bob, It's going to be heatly debated, hotly debated. I tell you that much right now, Bob. Listen, you were in Hamilton for the Not So Great Lions game over the weekend. Okay, look, before we get into the defense, I do want to say this. The defensive backs are taking a beatn especially in the first three dives. Okay, but it mode if the D line. Where's the D line? I saw no pressure? I saw, I saw zero pressure. If you're gonna give bowl Levi Mitchell, a Hall of Fame quarterback coming up all the time in the world, of course he's gonna he's gonna have a heyday. Where's the D line? What's going on there?
Speaker 7: You have made a great point. And to me, when I look at this defense right now, one of the key issues has been the pass rush.
Speaker 5: It's been on existence, yep.
Speaker 7: And they've got to start getting some pressure on the quarterback because I mean, I don't care how good your secondary is, you don't have a crush. Any quarterback will pick you apart. And right now the Lion secondary isn't playing up to part either, So you know, it's a double whammy. One of the things I think, I mean, two games, two very slow starts by the defense, and I think they just got to go out there and play aggressively and play with confidence right off the get go. You know, there's a school of thought that perhaps when your team is struggling on one side of the football, you try to make things simple so they can play aggressively that you know, you know, try try not to get too complicated. Yet at the same time, it's professional football. Guys got to know the playbook and they have to know the schemes and they have to know how to execute those schemes.
Speaker 3: So it's going to be.
Speaker 7: Interesting to see how the Lions fair against Vernon Adams. You you tell you what, things don't get any easier, right, I mean, Harris to Bullyvi Mitchell to Vernon Adams. And the thing that's kind of scary. It's like, you know, you always hear that old expression if you sit down at a poker table and you don't know who the mark is, maybe you're the mark with the Lions right now, when you're looking at the schedule, you're going like, hold on a second, this isn't an easy game. This is an easy game. Maybe we're the easy game right now. So I think the Lions really, you know, it's gonna be a real test form because one of the things this organization stressed in the off season, and I've talked about the last week or so, is that general manager Ryan mc maiden and head coach Buck Pierce wanted to get off to a good start. They looked at last year, they saw that two and five start and it really hindered the team's chances to win the West. Luckily, of course they watchouldn't say luckily, but they went on a heater. Of course, finished second and did get a home playoff game. But if they want to win the West, they can ill afford to go on three.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we need an update. Like I fell for Nathan Rourke, I can't remember the last time four receivers went down with injuries, Bob, although the guys that filled in in habited I thought did a pretty good job. A couple a couple of Canadian draft picks in there as well. But give us an update on the receiver position, which is I think at one point, Bob, they had five receivers out.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, I can Keon Hatcher was practicing with the Ones yesterday, so I expect he was a game time decision last week. And I think the Lions did the right thing in holding him out the hamstring and you know, making sure he's at one hundred percent before he returns. But you know, I don't think Justin mckinness is going to play this week. Javon Katoy, Stanley Berryhill, Kieren Passant. I mean, these guys are all banged up. I've never seen anything like it. I mean, I've seen injuries accumulate over the course of whatever half a season, twelve weeks, thirteen weeks, and you know, you see a lot of injuries to a certain position, but to see so many injuries at one position in a span of two weeks, unheard of, unseen them for me.
Speaker 1: Moj What about the job the Lions are doing here with this World Cup scheduling. You know they go over to Langford for the preseason back to back games now in Colowna. Just the pride to mar seems to take in really leaning into it not being the Vancouver Allons, it is the British Columbia Lions and using this opportunity to go to Colonna for these next two games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean they could have took the easy way out like Toronto did. Yeah, but they didn't. I mean, Amar, you know, he's always emphasized they are the British Columbia Lions, and you see it in the off season with a lot of the programs that the team does in terms of their community relations. So I mean they'll go up to you know, Kamloops or Colowna or whatever the case may be. They're all around the province in the off season promoting the brand and promoting some of their causes such as don't be a bystander. So yeah, I mean Omar is he loves the BC Lions, he loves the brand. He wants to see this team do well. And trust me, he's investing his own money for this to occur. I mean, this is a man who you know, trust me, it's costing him a couple of bucks to do all this stuff in Colowna. When you're going on you know, buying those five dollars Margarita's or beers or whatever. They have a Terry Fox plaza, there's somebody that's subsidizing that. I mean, you look at some of these packages that they have with fans in Kamloops or Kolona or the island, these bus packages. They're not making money off any of those packages. They just want to extend their brand to fans all across the province. And you see that with the two games in Colonna, and I'll tell you one thing. Just talking to people in Colona right now, they are super jacked about having those two lines games up there.
Speaker 1: So we're days away from the big bang. Everything good, everything going ahead.
Speaker 7: News this morning. Ger Roy Simon was scheduled to come out. He's got some duties with the University of Maryland, so he had to bail. But yeah, it's pretty good. We got Wade rednon board the other day, so it's nice to have Wade play in the tournament. Shade Weber, Mike Smith, you know, tons of guys that are gonna be up there, So looking forward to it and finally get it over with because trust me, it's a lot of work running. Anybody who knows who's done one knows well.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you next week and recap the entire event.
Speaker 7: We will. Dolly wall I like the shirt today. You looking good.
Speaker 3: He's getting ripped for no red. Well, we're good.
Speaker 1: I got my hat.
Speaker 5: No, what are you wearing an orange? I've forgotten.
Speaker 1: He's gotta go to practice. What's going on with Quinny Queen's got a team Canada Hockey Jersey. He saw that he heard the pressure the pressure.
Speaker 5: So Quinn just put on a Canadian jersey. I got up this morning. I'm a mess. When I get up, I just grabbed the fry. Forgot the game today, MESSI I just went in the closet. I forgot about the game. I'm right, I get that. Said that said.
Speaker 3: I get up in the.
Speaker 5: Morning and the first thing I do I checked my cell. I text a bunch of agents, and then I get lost and then I go in the I just scrap a shirt. But anyways, I apologize. I should have wore read today. Next game read for sure.
Speaker 1: But you're looking good, mojes. Well, we will talk to you next week and good luck with the golf tournaments will touch us. Thanks moj Bob mar Jonovitch again voice of the BC Lions and columns for Black Press Saturday and Colonna Ricky Lions taking on Edmonton and Moge is right. You know, I'm seeing the Lions have been posting updates to what they're doing in the sit in Colowna and the work being done. I'mar doman man. We talk about him a lot, we go about him a lot, but there's a reason for that. The things he does for this what he's done and no disrespect to the late David Brayley at all, but the things of Mars done for the Lions unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Since he took off hold of a second, David David saved Lions, sure, absolute hold of a second. Not only did he save the Lions, he lost nine million in his first three years and didn't cry about it. Yeah, he also saved the Vancouver eighty sixty white Caps. So David Bradley did a lot for this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Okay. On the other side, we'll talk more about the World Cup again. Big match coming up at noon. Are World Cup correspondent, member of the nineteen eighty sixteen Paul Dolan. He's next to Stanion Dolly. The team on check.
Speaker 4: Looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway, head to beautiful Parksville and experienced the Bayside Ocean Front Resort, where every stay feels like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the patio, Bayside puts you steps from the sand with ocean views in every direction. Splash in the indoor and outdoor pools, hit the fitness center, then relax with a hand crafted cocktail at the Ocean.
Speaker 3: Front Restaurant and Lounge.
Speaker 4: Whether it's date night, a family trip, or a corporate event, each side is your perfect year round escape. Book your getaway now at two five zero, two four eight.
Speaker 5: Eight couple three.
Speaker 3: Your island adventure starts here again.
Speaker 1: All of our guests today brought to you by our friends at the BC Construction Safety Alliance, making safety simpler for more than fifty seven thousand employers across the province. Visit Safety on Tour dots to book your free Safety on Tour demonstration. That's the BC Construction Safety Alliance. We are joined now by member of the nineteen eighty six World Cup squad, Apple TV soccer analysts and Donni and Dolli World Cup correspondent correspondent Paul Dolan. Doley, how are you, sir.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 8: That's got a nice thirty minute walk in down Robston, staring at the Terry Fox statues and the giant BC Place which is starting to fill up. Lots of red jerseys around here. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been, We've been showing some of the footage so far today.
Speaker 3: Dooley.
Speaker 1: I don't think we've asked you this but you know you've obviously on the nineteen eighty sixteen you've worked with the national program as well, Like, what have these emotions been like for you to be in your city watching Canada at a World Cup.
Speaker 8: It's incredible. The Guitar game was when it really hit. I have to say too, when I was watching the Boss game and seeing the guys singing the anthem and the fact that Okay, not only are we in a World Cup, not only are we hosting a World Cup, but we have an opportunity to win a game here against Bosnia. And I felt the same against Guitar right from the start. It was kind of a funny thing because after the first goal goes in and the second goal goes in, I don't know, the nerves were completely gone and it felt like a game without Jeopardy after that, and one that you could just enjoy. Which if I told you the number of games I played for Canada that I had that same feeling, it's a number less than zero. You know, every single Canada game that we played in was a grind and to be able to kind of coast through that and enjoy the moment was just phenomenal.
Speaker 1: So duly that guitar match, as you mentioned, the quitar went down to ten men. I think thirty three minutes in. Did you get enough of a feel of eleven on eleven play that you got a good sense of what Canada could be at full power.
Speaker 8: No, that's the one thing with that game, if I'm honest, is that they were in control so early. Now and you have to talk about the opposition. And again, I'm not trying to put any negative on this at all, because you played the team in front of you, we know that, and they were excellent. Canada was fantastic and fully worthy of the score line at the end of the day. But the one thing that does concern me just a little bit is that for the last half of the game, when guitar is down to one man and then even down two men to nine men in the end, you aren't really playing a game at the World Cup level that you would expect to see again at any time in the tournament. So I think it's good though on the confidence side, certainly for your strikers that they're filling the net and they don't care who they're playing. They just want to bag goals. And if they're in a good frame of mind. That's probably the most important thing that Canada got from that game.
Speaker 5: All right, Paul, let's talk about today. Just need a tie, not a victory. But Canadian co Jesse marshas he wants to go for the win. He doesn't want to play just to play for the tie. Is that the right approach?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we call him draws reck, But no, I'm just kidding. Yeh, I'm not like that. I'm not like that. It's a tie game. Rights, we want a tie game. But you're absolutely spot on. I said the exact same words as I left the building after the last game. We cannot play any other way but to be on the front foot, be aggressive, not stupid. You don't go flying in with seventy eight bodies and leave yourself exposed at the back. But if you're not playing the while the way that Jesse Marsh has brought them along in the last two years to get to where they are now, which is a more cohesive, intact team that knows how to play to the style, to the formation, to the tactics, and you're getting away from it and sitting in bunkering and hoping that that Swiss precision isn't going to break you down at some point you're crazy, So then you're chasing the game and good luck against a stout defense of the Swiss team. So I think that Canada needs to play for the win, and you know, if they stumble onto a draw, fine, they're group winners, but it's imperative that they win the groups that they're back here next week playing at home.
Speaker 5: Alfonso Davies, you're the coach. When do you put him in? How many minutes?
Speaker 8: I think fifteen minutes. I was just thinking about that. You don't want to There can be no chance that there's a regression of the injury. I think that the Canadian team has shown enough that they can play without Alfonso Davies. They've got strength in that position where I think he would come in either at left back or on left wing. But I think it's important that he gets minutes as well, and Jesse Moore said he's available for that, so that he has some familiarity with the team, with the World Cup itself, and to some confidence himself that he got some touches in a big game going into the knockout game. So I think it's probably no more than fifteen twenty minutes at the Undels.
Speaker 1: Canada moments ago releasing their starting eleven for today and as confirmed by Jesse Marsh Nola Fonsa Davies in the starting lineup at least, Dolly, I wanted to ask you one thing just before we let you go, because I know you are. You are, of course a soccer purist. What are your thoughts on these hydration breaks? There seems to be a lot of people up in arms. They're getting booed at matches. Yep, soccer people really angry with these hydration breaks going on in these games.
Speaker 8: I'm in two minds. I want to look at this. Honestly, it takes some time to see how they're affecting the way that games change through momentum. When I was at the Turkey Australia game and the hydration break came and I was in the building and the music was playing, I didn't get a sense that this is become americanized and that they're gone to commercial. In fact, you know, they're playing songs from both countries and the crowd was into it, and then the players are refreshed, they're back out there. It kind of just passed at that moment, but as I'm watching more and more, the breaks are starting to you know, I'm recording a lot of the games. I just fast forward it, so I don't know who's getting the commercial value out. Obviously a lot of people are watching when it's live. But I think they should do what they do with the F one, which is to show kind of a side by side, maybe speed it up two minutes. Yes, you need hydration. I'll tell you what. Even today it's going to be. It's gonna be my game, Tosti in there. So if there is consistency, I don't really have an issue with that. I just I'm not as against the hydration breaks that people are. But I can't say I'm a big proponent, and you would think that, Okay, if it really is for the money, that's that's kind of being cynical, but it's probably the reality. If it's for the good of the player and we're seeing better second halves of each half, I'm all for that, because you know, we want to see guys that are physically moving more instead of just kind of ending a game on being legless. So i'd like to I'd like to see how it plays out a little bit more in saying that I don't want to see hydration and breaks and mls, and I don't want to see them in anything outside of this going.
Speaker 1: Forward, Doley great stuff. Enjoy the match today. Let's hope for a result in Canada's favor. We'll talk to you tomorrow and recap the game.
Speaker 8: Sounds good, buddy, Take care.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dolly. Paul Dolan from Apple TV and again our World Cup correspondence making his way to BC place as we.
Speaker 5: Speak, ripping me for draws. I've been saying ties, and you know, back in the NHL when there was ties and you would get a point each. It's just it doesn't matter for what sport it is. I will say tie.
Speaker 1: I know you guys say I apologize. You guys say I'm a young punk and all that you are. I do. I do remember ties, and I also do remember commentators rick during games saying they're playing for a time, that's right, which was like death? That was that? What an awful sentence. They're playing for a tie. Who would be playing for a tie. That's just incredible.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: As mentioned in our first segment, we're about forty eight hours from the start of the NHL draft coming up in Buffalo the Canucks, as we know third overall. Yesterday was interesting. You know that San Jose Sharks trade. They sent Eckland, not the former NHL insider, They send Eckland to Ottawa, they get back the ninth pick. So a lot of people rick yesterday thought, well, now it's for sure foregone conclusion. Stemburg number two to San Jose. This is what's gonna happen. What's gonna happen with the Canucks at number three? So what is the latest you are hearing with the Canucks at three? Because there's just talk Calebleholtra. Maybe that's not happening, Maybe that's not as likely now for the Canucks. Is Chase Reid gonna be there? What are you hearing around the NHL draft?
Speaker 5: Chase Reid is a guy. First of all, what the Canucks do at number three depends on what happens at one and two. We could sit here all day, yep, all the scenarios, all the million scenarios, but it all depends. Let's say Toronto takes number one. Obviously we're always going to go number one. Let's say then San Jose is a big one. If they take Stenburg, then I think it's Chase Reed for Vancouver if they don't take Steenburg. Because Mike Greer mentioned six' three right shot defenseman today was obviously talking about we got that. Tweet you want to show you we got that.
Speaker 1: Tweet you got that tweet with The staburg.
Speaker 5: Tweet this is an interesting. Tweet it is a treat for, us but it's a, tweet interesting tweet about. This So San Jose sharks general Manager Mike greer asked About, stamberg said he was a great. Player but following with it's all speculation on your part here six foot three right SHOT d who can skate and create, offense they don't go on. Trees, well guess who's six foot. Three guess who's the right SHOT. D it's a kid Named Chase, reed who The Vancouver canucks have very highly ranked friend of the. Show and you, know AND i heard last Night buffalo is really trying to get their hands On caleb maholtrock at four because they just got the fourth overall pick From. Chicago they just lost Bowem. Byram they they're gonna Lose. Tuck tuck's going to possibly assigned in. TRADE i was told last night That tuck's gonna sign. Today so it looks like we're starting to see a tuck movement as. Well but here he is tuck. Movement but, anyways who's saying put that up a read, again BECAUSE i gotta touch you that first of. All second of, all It's, derek but go six foot, three right, shot d That's Chase.
Speaker 1: Reed, yeah he's six and he's the right. Shot it's it's very interesting that he pulled those specifics.
Speaker 5: Out, look they go With Chase, reed then The canucks have a. Choice Stenburger Mahol.
Speaker 3: Truck. Yeah and to your.
Speaker 1: Point Though rick and people say this that cover THE nfl, draft the only thing to believe is nothing during this time because nobody wants to show their. Hand even look at even the leafs where it seems like it's a foregone conclusion with, McKenna they by no means say we're going to Have we're gonna Draft gavin. Mckenneth for. Sure everyone wants to keep everyone. Guessing it's the time of. Year this is an interesting comment from THE gm two days out from the, draft that he would throw those kind of digits out talking about a defenseman who fits perfectly With Chase.
Speaker 5: Reid when The canucks didn't Take Caleb maholtra to dinner In. Buffalo that was a big thing for me because they Took Chase, reid they took, McKenna they Took, stenburg but they didn't Take, maholtra WHICH i thought was, very very. Interesting he was the obvious one and they didn't do. It are they worried about the father's son situation In vancouver With manny And?
Speaker 3: Caleb, yeah.
Speaker 1: Possibility it'll be one way or Another. Rick if they pass Over, caleb it'll be. Interesting if they Select, caleb it'll be. Interesting and as you, mentioned The Buffalo sabers are now drafting fourth overall for, now at least because of their trade yesterday Sending Bowen. Biram there's the trade, There Bowen byram And Jordan greenway To chicago in exchange For Lewis Creever. Crevier thank you, Quick Crevier? Creaver how did you Get, honestly my eyes are. Bad it's, Yeah i'd be careful for a first and sick as.
Speaker 5: Well It's Crevier. Crevier, yeah Not. Creever, no leave it To. Beaver leave it To. BEAVER a great.
Speaker 9: Show, YES i don't understand what, This why did they Like buffalo's obviously winning this, Straight why do they have to add On? Crevier and why do they have to add on a second round pick.
Speaker 3: Because Of Greenway, GREENWAY i THINK i think that doesn't make. Sense though it's an, overpaid it's an over.
Speaker 5: Overpaid it's obviously an. Overpaid it's, look it's but It's chicago's, saying we gotta get. Going we've Been, yeah you're, Right, Rick it's It's chicago's saying we've been crappy for six. Years that's a great hockey, Town. Chicago so you know, what even this year they missed again and there was eighteen nineteen thousand every. Game that's an incredible hockey town in THE. Usa this Is chicago, saying, look we we gotta get. Going we gotta find some players to Help. Bagard he's going into year. Four it's it's it's. Crazy they just wasted his entry level. Contract three years of losing For. Badard they gotta get. Going AND i don't think they're. DONE i think they're gonna still look for a top six Winger Bom. Biram and by the, way all those people saying what are you Doing Bom BIRAM'S. Ufa The Chicago blackhawks are not making this trade and coughing up the fourth overall pick unless they have a good indication that they're gonna get a deal. Done HE i will be shocked if they don't. Announce, YEAH i will be shocked if they don't announce the deal With boombrom Early. July.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Absolutely so you do not make that deal and cough up a fourth round pick and say fourth overall and we'll Sign we'll sign him At christmas. Time, no, no, no they have a pretty good idea what it's gonna. Take they'll get it.
Speaker 1: Done let's talk about our friends At Able auctions, now before we had to, Break abel's gonna sell industrial equipment coming up On, Friday rick including Two sandvik drill rigs To John, deere three point fifty g, excavators fifteen large moving, trucks lawn, equipment storage, containers large metal, sheds golf, carts mini, excavators work, trucks and a lot. More this auction is jam. PACKED i think IF i had all the money in the, World i'm buying myself a golf cart just because everything from droom riggs to prefabbed metal, buildings all sold to the highest bidder On. Friday for information on this industrial, auction go to Able auctions dot ca to get your industrial equipment sold at auction, emails sales at Able auctions DOT, ca sales at a b L E auctions DOT.
Speaker 5: CA i gotta read this op From. Fleetwood can the good people at Able auctions help the Inexperienced canucks staff sell some of their. Assets that's not bad op from fleet bad, bad damn good stuff that is not. Bad on the other, side big Rather twitter guy Featuring Quinn taylor Stunning dolly the team on. CHECK a new era is underway AND rbc is proud to be the newest partner of Your Vancouver, canucks says we write this next. Chapter starting next, SEASON rbc clients they will get exclusive access to private, entrances in game, perks and enhanced experiences at all home, games bringing you closer to The canucks experiences you love the. Most stay tuned for more details out of the twenty twenty six twenty twenty seven home, opener probably presented BY. Rbc your ideas happened here AT Rbc looking for one Of victoria's most iconic. Stays the award Winning Waddling dog has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over thirty. Years ten minutes from the airport in The, Ferry their room blend vented charm with modern, comfort making it the perfect home base for your island. Adventures your trip isn't complete without a stop at the Legendary Waddling. Dog pop twenty, Taps, waldwall TVs Every canucks game AND ufc pay per, view plus an extensive daily happy, hour and before you, go stock up at their Whole beer wine. Store hundreds of local and imported, options class Exclusive donnie And dolly. Merchandise The dog isn't just a, Hotel it's a. Destination come sit and.
Speaker 1: Stay time now for a big Rather twitter guy Featuring Quinn taylor and a reminder by the way next.
Speaker 3: Hour is it just?
Speaker 1: Me your chance to get involved in the, Program send your submissions into The Bayside Ocean Front resort inbox by texting us six four ninety four ninety four email the team at Check media Dot. Ca quinn over to you in Your canada. Jersey look at See everything's? FINE i KNOW i got the?
Speaker 3: Hat you? Changed you, change you change is the first. SEGMENT i didn't have, anything and neither Did. Rick, okay and everybody was just.
Speaker 9: Roasting where did you get THAT i had in my? BAG i was fun. WED i forgot how to the first Segment Crosby. Crosby So i'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna find there's something in the. STUDIO i think this READ i might come. BACK i saw something over. There, okay there IS i might wear.
Speaker 9: It you got SOME nc DOUBLE a News, Quinn, yeah, yeah first, Thing i'll Show land And DuPont the steep stakes for. Him it looks like it's over because it looks like now he will be committing To Michigan university next year playing there in At arbor The.
Speaker 1: Wolverines, yeah, SO i mean this is. AGAIN i just feel for THE. Whl it seems, like, YEAH i don't, know they're losing guys, left right and center to all THESE NC doublea. Programs, McKenna, yeah but it just seems like all these.
Speaker 9: Players are just leaving a year, earlier and then they're probably all gonna start coming to THE whl a year earlier. Too maybe it's just gonna it's just gonna feel like it's just gonna chance.
Speaker 5: At the age they're leaving in their draft, year which really hurts because you want the kid to go up to the podium and say from the ever sober tips in The Western Hockey LEAGUE yep And Canadian Hockey, association you want them to say that these kids are leaving because they dominate hockey too. Early now they want to play against twenty two to twenty, three twenty four year. Olds and if you dominate THE, dubb it's fifteen and. Sixteen like this kid, had what's the point of going back to THE dub at? Seventeen he is, Saying i've dominated your league at, Fifteen i've dominated your league of. SIXTEEN i need better. Competition that's McKenna did the same dominated at fifteen and. Sixteen there's nothing for them to, prove left for them to prove in THE.
Speaker 9: Dub verof did the same thing so to McKenna and they both struggled and that that that's aarhaft. Draft he'd be the number one, Defenseman, okay VERY i feel like a lot of guys should look at that and think that maybe they stay in the Wa it's a.
Speaker 5: Problem but The ruck brothers stayed and there was another one that stayed recently as, Well Matthus preston's of The Vancouver, giants which really helped The giants. Out but they'll they'll go to college a year. Later but it's a concern because you're drafting these kids in the dub high they're staying at fifteen. Sixteen if they get the status at, fifteen it's a. Concern BUT i.
Speaker 1: Do agree With, quinn and it's something That Craig button's been talking about. TOO i wonder if this is a fad short term because it's not paying off for every.
Speaker 3: Guy it.
Speaker 1: Hadn't it didn't pay off For.
Speaker 5: Veroff still gonna go high in the, draft not as high as so what's the who cares where you go, seven five or? Two you're still in THE. Nhl, yeah But, ricky it's just for some of these people that.
Speaker 1: Matter if that matters in a big way for some of these, kids you go to you go to a better, team you go to a better, situation maybe a better.
Speaker 5: Opportunity all the teams in the top ten are. Crap that's the reason they're paying the.
Speaker 3: Tops they get more. Opportunity, yeah, well, look there's.
Speaker 1: Definitely way more. Prestige rick and going throughd overall than. Eight, yeah you're in the top, ten, sure all of, that BUT i just don't think it Paid put it this, WAY i don't think it paid off For, verhoff and.
Speaker 3: Also too With.
Speaker 9: Vero verhoff's, like so he's very physically, mature like six. Exactly, so but what's what's gonna happen with a guy Like DuPont who is pretty physically mature but not as physically mature As verhoff goes to college and as fur year.
Speaker 1: OLDS i just feel because you, know like for, Instance Landing, DuPont like or you know that situation playing out now next, year if he had come to The giants or come through In vancouver And, langley AS i Remembered, everett it would be a big. Deal now that's, gone that's that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah when but darvas with In, vagina.
Speaker 5: So verahof scored twenty one goals as a sixteen year old defenseman In victoria last. Year what would he have scored this year if he returned To? Victoria probably more thirty five? Forty, yeah, yeah he said to, himself why go back to the DUB i can go and play against men twenty, two twenty, three twenty.
Speaker 1: Four did that.
Speaker 3: Payoff how is It?
Speaker 5: Ryan he had six goals this, Year rick that he didn't go To North, dakota that there were defensemen ahead of, him but he still only had six.
Speaker 1: Goals what?
Speaker 3: If what if you put up fifty fifty goals this year In?
Speaker 5: Victoria, ryan he still played in THE ncublea at. Seventeen he's going to get drafted top. Ten he's going to go to a team and start his. CAREER i, MEAN i just what does it matter if he went to THE nc DOUBLE a and his numbers were. Down they don't ask you what your numbers in five years in THE? Nhl what if it messes up his?
Speaker 3: Development?
Speaker 5: Well how does it mess up his? Development only struggles playing against, stronger bigger, guys older. Guys how's that screwing? Up but he ultimately regrets they've been pushing him to be. BETTER i don't know if it was me LIKE i of all like the amazing story of his development Of victoria this year scoring forty, Goals, well how would?
Speaker 9: That, okay there's a bunch of other amazing players to come out of THE chl who graduates at THE nhl and did just fine without going to.
Speaker 3: College you, KNOW i don't blame him for going to. COLLEGE i MEAN i probably would.
Speaker 5: Too you everybody's doing it, now so why wouldn't he do? It?
Speaker 3: WHY i get.
Speaker 9: IT i get it for guys Like, DuPont AND i get it for guys like. McKenna but if you're Like verhoff or one of those guys who's going like top, five top, TEN i don't know If i'd push it that.
Speaker 5: Far twenty one goals is a sixteen year old defenseman in THE dub that's pretty, IMPRESSIVE.
Speaker 3: I, Know and if he, stayed he probably would be going top.
Speaker 1: Three you, think, McKenna what does it?
Speaker 5: Matter in six years in THE? Nhl do they ask you you went third or? Seventh does it? Matter?
Speaker 1: No you think McKenna exceeded in this year in At Penn.
Speaker 5: State well he's gonna go first.
Speaker 1: Overall he's gonna go first.
Speaker 9: Overall didn't hurt, Him, no it did hurt. It it did hurt. Him he had so much he everybody was roasting.
Speaker 5: Him so if he went back to medicine hat where he dominated at fifteen to, sixteen one hundred and twenty nine, point there was so much to what you have to, do he would have got one hundred and ninety points of medicine hat with The ruck brothers.
Speaker 9: Do but what would that. Approved he probably had nothing to. IMPROVED i, mean he could have won A Moral.
Speaker 1: Cup BUT i think it's an interesting it's a very interesting talking point BECAUSE i don't think it's as easy as going, like, yeah this is the guaranteed better way to. GO i don't think. That AND i know they talk about practice, time, facilities all the other things that go into. IT i understand.
Speaker 9: THAT i like what The rucks said that they want to stay and grow and develop more and then they're gonna. Go they're gonna go two. Years they know they know that after two, years, yeah after being. Drafted that WHEN i, talked WHEN i talked.
Speaker 5: To scouts about why these kids are bolting in the, end N cuaa travels an. Issue they got good nutrition, programs they got you, know rinks that are nine ten, thousand they fly to their. Games there's not just the hockey element of. It there's other elements of. It so you go look At victoria and their travel schedule on buses and the.
Speaker 3: Dumb and the. Ferry before they get.
Speaker 5: On a bus to The Lower, mainland they got to take a. Ferry it's there's a whole lot of factors why they go. College it isn't just one. Thing, yeah and the nutrition programs they have in THE, ncublea the training. Facilities go look At Red deer And Brent sutter put in a ton of money into a new practice facility For Red. Deer why so these kids don't bolt to better training facilities in THE. Ncublea it's not just one. Thing there's a ton of things to.
Speaker 9: CONSIDER i just think about Like Carson carroll's is going To North dakota next, year and he stayed in THE whl this. Season If airhoff, stayed he'd be going up, hot he'd be getting picked higher Than. Carrol's, yes but because he made that jump and Now carroll's is probably gonna get go. Higher, Yeah LIKE i think there's that matter more guys doing What carrols, did where he stays for his draft year in THE echl and then after he gets drafted Gosted division.
Speaker 3: One gotta we gotta take a. Break we gotta take a.
Speaker 1: Break it's too. Bad quinn at The congo. Guy maybe we'll get to him on another show this. Week but on the other, side we got a low to eleven o'clock, hour eleven, Fifteen number one overall pick of The Vancouver Golden Eyed Caroline harvey's gonna join us and up? Next co host of the one Hundred Percent Hockey, Podcast John, Shannon It's donnie And, dolly the team On.
Speaker 4: Check hey, everyone It's donnie And, dolly and we're looking to partner with your. Company we have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the, show in our, podcast and on social.
Speaker 3: Media we'd love to get involved with your.
Speaker 4: Company called two five to oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise At checkmedia dot. CA a.
Speaker 1: All of our guests on today's program brought to you by our friends at THE Bc Construction Safety, alliance making safety simpler for more than fifty seven thousand employers across the want to bring THE bccsa to your job. Site safety On tour delivers dynamic mobile safety demonstrations directly to your workplace and no cost to. You Visit safety On tour dot ca to book your Free safety On tour. Demonstration join Now coast of the One Percent Hockey podcast one hundred Percent caducks as well our good Pal John. Shannon, john thanks for doing this.
Speaker 3: Today how are?
Speaker 7: You i'm good.
Speaker 10: Boys how are things In? Vancouver are getting ready for gonna escape down in time for the soccer.
Speaker 1: Game it's it's. Buzzin' it's buzzin' right. Now it's crazy around, here crazy doubt toew. Uh, JOHN i want to ask you WHAT i Asked. Rick you've been around hockey for quite a. While can you recall a crazier day in terms of activity than what we saw? Yesterday it seems like every TIME i refreshed My twitter there was another blockbuster trade coming.
Speaker 10: Down i'll tell you. What it has been a strange, time AND i think in many ways it's, compensation guys for what will be a very very quiet free agent day On july. FIRST i think what you're seeing you seeing now is teams trying to, jockey, uh to to be in a position to improve their hockey. Clubs. Uh and the other thing is is that over the last year we've seen a ton of trades and and and teams get a lot of, assets like look how many draft Picks calgary, had and and And buffalo and so all of a sudden what people are doing is they're thrown around first first round draft, picks like you, Know rick throws around quarters and and and that and and and that's another attitude thing that you, know we've got to we've got to be better At we've got to be better at. It so it's that and a combination of they think they have more cap space because the caps going. Up so this IS i think the residue of all of those. Things, Uh and teams under pressure and make no mistake about, it for a lot of, teams teams under pressure to be better next. Year and and and don't laugh WHEN i say, that But i'm talking about teams who haven't made the playoffs need to make the, playoffs which is Why chicago did what they, did you, know and you have to wonder about teams like what what Will detroit? DO i Think ottawa still got more to. Do and so from that, perspective look At Saint. Louis Saint louis now has four first round draft. Picks Four you think you Think doug And Alex sten are gonna end up with four picks On friday? NIGHT i don't.
Speaker 1: Think so what do you think we will be talking about come next week when it's in terms of The Vancouver canucks and action around, them.
Speaker 10: WELL i think everybody Except Philip ronicks. Available you, KNOW i think, that you, know there's a real belief that this guy is the cornerstone and can be a cornerstone and can be a. Leader but you, know you do wonder if there's something that can work With Eleas petterson this weekend somehow. SOMEWAY i think that that's something That Ryan johnson is trying to work. ON i think that there's lots of things they're trying to work. On BUT i think in the, end the biggest conversation point For canuck fans will be what happens at abround so eight thirty eight twenty Two eastern, time five twenty Two pacific time On friday night and what they get and who they get for that third.
Speaker 5: Pick absolutely gonna ask you ABOUT nhl. Expansion Yesterday Gary bettman Mentioned houston And. Austin is it around the corner or is this just due.
Speaker 10: Diligence, WELL i think the expansion will occur in twenty, thirty SO i don't know if you want to call that around the corner or. Not so the twenty thirty thirty one. SEASON i expect that there will be. EXPANSION i think there'll be two, teams AND i think it will probably be The texas situation And. Atlanta they will both end up with. TEAMS i do think Even gary, said, well you, know we went to thirty one With. VEGAS i think there's a real desire to go with two more teams to get the thirty. Four and what it does do is it puts you in two of the top TEN tv markets in The United. States The Houston austin thing is of an interesting one, because and we saw the commissioner talk a little bit about. It they've had great success in THE nhl in going to smaller cities and being first teams in first team In, Columbus Pro, team First pro team In, nashville First pro team In, Raleigh, vegas not necessarily First. Vegas the REASON i bring those first three teams three cities up is It austin is bigger than all three of, them As austin's bigger Than, columbus bigger Than, nashville bigger Than, raleigh big not bigger Than. Vegas so that's one THING i think this is a play For. Houston rick this is a play and and they're gonna Use austin is a stocking. Horse they're gonna, say we can get a great deal for an, arena for land for, development uh in In, austin can we get a better deal In? Houston and will we be forced to partner with The Houston rockets of THE? Nba so, THERE i think that the six months that are coming up The friedkin group out Of, HOUSTON i think we're probably gonna see that it all points To houston being the. City Uh and in the, end the question will be are they gonna have to go on their own for an arena or will they partner With Tillman furtita who owns The Houston rockets.
Speaker 5: And Johnny houston's got a hockey history going way. Back, yeah you, know and they.
Speaker 10: Do but The houston IS i, Mean houston's, uh you, know bigger Than.
Speaker 1: Toronto.
Speaker 10: Yeah and So houston is one of those cities that when and there's been a lot of owners to tell you. What Jeremy jacobs has been on this for a, lot The bruins. Owner you look AT tv markets and and and not to be in all top TEN US tv markets does hurt you and SO i think that's a real push to end up getting To houston.
Speaker 5: Somehow someway obviously natural rivalry for The. Stars Brady. Kuchuk, boy what a tough week For. OTTAWA i don't think any coach wants to lose a player Like Brady. Kachuk Travis green for sure did. Not but Should canadian teams be worried about Drafting american?
Speaker 3: Players?
Speaker 10: John maybe you know it's all sick. Local, YEAH i really believe it's all.
Speaker 8: Cyclical if you.
Speaker 10: Know the the The Ka chuck story is a different animal simply because Of matthew uh and you, know the opportunity to play with your, BROTHER i think is a big part of. This you, know we're not you, know we're not hearing stories out Of detroit that they're. Worried you, know Is detroit a bad hockey? Market And Dylan larkin wants out? There so we As, canadians you, know we're Typically, canadian we get paranoid very. Quickly what they mean they don't like? Us, well you, know you know there are great players of every nationality love playing In. Canada they. DO i think that every once in a while we're going to see. Something BUT i. DON'T i don't think that this is going to be a regular.
Speaker 8: Thing you.
Speaker 10: KNOW i look at you, Know Brock. Besser you know he loves playing In. Vancouver go.
Speaker 3: That's Your.
Speaker 10: Demko, YEAH i mean, SO i, MEAN i. DON'T i don't think that these ARE i don't think that this is going to be something that you, know for the next ten, years that No canadian team should draft An american. Player it's it's Just Kyle connor loves playing In. Winnipeg, yeah he loves playing In. Winnipeg and and so it's one of those. Things Whether Connor hallibuck does is another. Story but but you, know we'll just have to wait and see on that.
Speaker 1: One lots of, ACTION i think ahead over the next forty eight hours and through the. Weekend, john we'll talk to you more about all of it next. Week and next week is our final week before summer breaks. It donnie will be here to chat with you next. WEEK i know you guys are like school.
Speaker 3: Teachers it's a good.
Speaker 1: COMPARABLE i can't really argue with. It good And i'm okay not arguing with.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 3: John we have good ag. Agent talk to.
Speaker 10: Listen talk to the guys at the soccer. Game the chance should not be let's Go. Canada, okay the chance should be Go canada.
Speaker 3: Goal, yeah that's Go canada. Goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah you want.
Speaker 10: Soccer we got to get them back on the, hockey then Go canada. Goal not let's Go canada doesn't have any rhythm to.
Speaker 1: It i'll go out to the angry mob right by us here And i'll pass your thoughts, Along.
Speaker 10: John they'll only be angry if we lose.
Speaker 3: That that's a good. Point that's a very good, point very good.
Speaker 1: Point, Thanks, jean appreciate.
Speaker 3: It chersey.
Speaker 1: Yep John shannon joining us as he does every, week and he'll be on the program for one more time next. Week on the program. Next rick Goldeneyed. Vancouver goldeneyed Mid history last, week drafting first, overall the first defender first overall IN pwhl. History Caroline harvey are The university Of. Wisconsin she's on the show. Next it's. Done the team on Check dolly And.
Speaker 6: Dolly the team is supported By abelauctions dot CA A closing Your Business We can.
Speaker 4: Help Able auctions specializes in Helping British columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a, timely orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial, equipment retail, inventories or any other type of business.
Speaker 5: Assets Able auctions can help for.
Speaker 4: A free confidential consultation on getting your business assets. Sold please email sales at Able auctions Dot.
Speaker 3: Ca that's sales at A b L A auctions Dot.
Speaker 1: CA a little over forty minutes away From canada's match AT Bc, places they take On. Switzerland yeah, point they need one point and they move on a. Draw they need a draw or win one point.
Speaker 5: Or, more but they're okay with the. Draw do get through and they get some good. Rest they don't have to go To la. Correct so it's just there's a lot on the line.
Speaker 1: Today that is coming up AT Bc. PLACE a, Reminder oliver yesterday are brought to you by our friends at THE Bc Construction Safety, alliance making safety simpler for more than fifty seven thousand employers across the. Province Visits safety On tour Dot ca to book your Free safety On tour demonstration for your job job. Site we are joined. Now we actually taped this interview before today's. Show first, Overall Pick rick of The vancouver goldeneyed Last wednesday Defender CAROLINE Kk. Harvey we didn't ask. Her by the, way she's more well known AS, kk AND i read the reason is because her sister couldn't Say caroline growing, up so she called HER. Kk it's stuck and now that's what a lot of people refer to. As but From New. Hampshire rick two time world, Champion olympic gold medalists in twenty twenty, six this Past olympics with The TEAM, usa three TIME ncaa champion at The university Of wisconsin and now first overall with The Golden. Eyes this is her first trip To, vancouver checking Out, vancouver and we just started the interview by asking. Her yesterday she was out with some teammates checking out the, city checking out the. Sites what she took away from the, Experience, yeah it's.
Speaker 11: BEAUTIFUL i feel very welcomed and the scenery is unbeatable and it was so cool getting to explore a bit with them and get to Know jen And hannah a bit. More but, yeah we had a lot of fun on the.
Speaker 1: Hike just a heads, up it's not always sunny in thirty degrees here In. Vancouver just a heads. Up on that one week. Ago today you had your name called first overall the P whl draft of The Golden. Eyes what was that experience like for you hearing your name go first?
Speaker 11: Overall, yeah it was just super honored and it's off just to hear your name called and very honored by The Golden. Eyes of, Course i've heard nothing but great things and from the, fans the, community the, team the culture, here just like super excited to get. Started so it was a special moment THAT i was grateful to share with my family and close.
Speaker 1: Friends the twenty twenty six has been a heck of a year for, you first OVERALL pwhl, draft gold medal at The, OLYMPICS ncaa. Champion what has this been like for?
Speaker 11: You it's been a crazy year in the best. Way a lot of great experiences WITH usa And university Of. Wisconsin so super, feeling super grateful for some amazing teammates coaches along the, way and, yeah just excited for the next chapter.
Speaker 5: Ahead, caroline describe your. Game we've been, told incredible, skater we've been told the. Offense how would you describe your game and makes scouts absolutely all over?
Speaker 11: YOU i would SAY i like to play a modern modern way of defense as you see like THE nhl players such As Quinn, Hughes Cami carr in their. Games BUT i just. Tried they're phenomenal, players SO i just try to take a little bit of what they do practice those. Things but, YEAH i like to play, FAST i like to transition. QUICKLY i love to shut down plays and then go on the. Pursuit SO i feel like that's WHERE i like to have fun and be an offensive.
Speaker 5: Zone you've played against a lot of Your Golden eyes, teammates you have beat some of them for the goal at The. Olympics now you're going to be playing with. Them how excited are you?
Speaker 2: That, Yeah i'm super.
Speaker 11: Excited i've heard nothing but great things again about the, team the, culture and especially some of those players That i've played against hate playing against, them SO i was super excited to be on their team this. Time and it'll be a lot of fun trying to work together to win A Walter cup next.
Speaker 5: Year you, KNOW i know you've toured your new, home The Pacific, colisseum the training, facility all, that The Pacific, aliseum you, know sixteen thousand people and The Golden. EYES i believe led the league in fans this. Year how excited are you abouth played at the. Coliseum, yeah so.
Speaker 11: EXCITED i got to meet them, yesterday a couple hundred of, them which was super, awesome and just getting a small taste of what it's going to be like in their, passion which was, super super sweet and. Touching but, Yeah i've heard they show up every day and they bring the, noise they bring the. Energy so super excited to experience that and be a little part of.
Speaker 5: That what about that gold medal for THE. US i, mean you're still young and here you are playing a big part of a gold medal team at The. Olympics how exciting was?
Speaker 11: That it was super. EXCITING i mean it was a phenomenal, experience a Special. Olympics they're always, special but especially this. One you end with a gold, medal no better feeling than, that and just felt super united and super proud of our. Group SO i was just super grateful to have made that roster and then be a part of that winning.
Speaker 1: Team we Mentioned, carolyn your resume is just so. Impressive you've done a ton of, winning especially. Recently but you're coming to a team obviously that was in a position to draft. First, overall the Gold plan played into. That so what is the adjustment going to be like for you to go from a, program you, know like The university Of wisconsin where you've been winning in the national team and all that to a team that's still growing and it's only in its second.
Speaker 11: Year, Yeah i'm excited to be a part of. THAT i, mean it's like you, said last year's an inaugural year and they're building something special here and working towards winning That Walter cup. Again so you'd seen it in their last four games and the push they had and what their team has made Of so excited to keep building with this group and do something special.
Speaker 1: Here THE pwhaw expanding this. Offseason we've just seen this boom for women's. Hockey what's that been like to watch for? YOU i can only imagine when you started playing, hockey where the game was at for, women and then now where it is now with THE pwhl and its. Success it's so.
Speaker 11: COOL i was grateful enough to have gone to a game In montreal this, year and then also THE msg game that had a huge crowd in The states and honestly almost pretty much brought me to. TEARS i had chill as it was so emotional and so so. Heartwarming and to see the support that the league and the growth that's happening within the league is so, special and, yeah to think how far it's. Coming when we were, younger we can only dream of something like, this and now it's here and it's here to. Stay so it's super special and it's just going to continue to.
Speaker 1: Grow, caroline thanks so much for doing this. TODAY i know you've been pulled in a million different directions since you landed here In. Vancouver keep enjoying the, weather And i'm sure we'll chat more down the.
Speaker 3: Road thank.
Speaker 11: YOU i appreciate you guys having Me.
Speaker 1: Caroline harvey joining us from The Vancouver Golden Ied. Rick And i'm glad you asked about the coliseum because you, know every night now and then a highlight pops up from The Golden ized season AND i just, think, like, Man, dan that looks good and that facility looks so. Good they've done a great job The.
Speaker 5: Goldenized, well how about the fans Of vancouver give them well that, too of, course nine, ten, eleven twelve thousand every. Game, yeah she is the best prospect everywhere in the. World her skating is a. Phenomenal get out there and see your play next. Year this is a, huge, huge, huge, huge huge draft pick For.
Speaker 1: Vancouver you know what else is? HUGE a new partnership BETWEEN rbc and The Vancouver canucks.
Speaker 5: Rank a new era is. Underway the N rbc proud to be the newest partner of Your Vancouver canucks as we write this next. CHAPTER A starting next, SEASON rbc clients will get exclusive access to private, entrances in game, perks and enhanced experiences at all home, games bringing you closer to The canucks experiences you love the. Most stay tuned for more details ahead of the twenty twenty six twenty twenty seven home, opener proudly presented BY. Rbc your ideas happened here.
Speaker 1: And the other thing THAT rbc Announced yes at Rby. Canucks, yes, sorry DID i cut you?
Speaker 5: Off he cut me?
Speaker 3: Off.
Speaker 1: Sorry THE rbc is now the official jersey patch sponsor of The Vancouver, canucks REPLACING td who was there, Previously and they announced yesterday showed off the jerseys with THE rbc. Logo looks really. Clean it does looks really, clean.
Speaker 5: Absolutely it looks.
Speaker 1: Clean good stary very new BOOK rbc and The. Canucks, okay Wadling dog pole, Question let's get back into it experience one Of victoria's iconic destinations and a reminder you can catch The World cup at The Waddling. Dog canada games shown live and loud on all twenty TWO TVs with full. Sound come sit and stay at the dog, Today Rick.
Speaker 5: Quinn get her up the Waddling dog pop pole question and it is two defensemen traded yesterday for first round picture of The canucks. Trade philipparonic eighty four percent say, yes sixteen say. No he does have a no, move so be cognizant of. That Canucks And i've been saying for, months want to name him captain or he's on a short list to be named. Captain so there are stumbling. Blocks it's not an easy. Cut let's get let's get him out of. Town and he easily could have already told Them i'm not going to wave my no. Move so there's a lot of things to. Play it's not an easy. Trade it's not as simple as some, Think, oh just trade. Heroic there's a lot of things to, play you. Know and when these guys put the no moves in their. Contracts their agents work hard for. That so you know, WHAT i just got a new. DEAL i got a no. MOVE i don't want to, move LIKE i.
Speaker 1: Say if it's his, standpoint if he's dug, in he wants to stay In, vancouver all that got to respect. That but from The canucks, side if they are choosing to keep him, around that doesn't make any sense to. Me it doesn't line up with the timeline of everything going on his prime. Years way you can get back to help this. Rebuild i've got the stat wreck and this Is i'm ripping this off from drants our good.
Speaker 3: Pal.
Speaker 1: Okay if The sharks don't make any more trades with, picks, okay they'll have made ten first round selections in the five Drafts Mike greer has overseen AS gm ten ten first. Rounders The canucks have a lot of picks this. Year that's, great but it's beyond. That how do you how do you still accumulate? Picks you're not getting top end assets back for anyone else other than Philiparonic he.
Speaker 5: And you do realize they're in year, one, yes but what else do you have to sell? Off anaheim did the same they had seven picks in the top.
Speaker 1: Ten, yeah because they sold things.
Speaker 5: Off, okay but this is year. One these guys just got the job and you and you want everybody moved. Out so they could have twenty one rookies playing next year and they could lose nine to one every. Game, no but you know the way it you, have not the way it.
Speaker 3: Works coronica is too.
Speaker 1: Valuable you can have another.
Speaker 5: Veterans have some, veterans, yes and hang around and show the kids the right.
Speaker 1: Way, sure but you can get those guys with not the quality Of. Philipparonic you could Trade Philip paronic and bring in a different veteran that could still help the.
Speaker 5: Kids Sholding. Moronic ALL i want is pick some. PROSPECTS i don't, want oh, ABSOLUTELY i want to pick some prospects back if you move.
Speaker 1: Them on the other. Side some Interesting canucks information DURING, Dtmz It's Donny, dolly the team on, check.
Speaker 4: Three foot hot, dogs, postgame, Fireworks Friday, nooters and the Future Toronto Blue jays right in your. Backyard catch A Vancouver canadians game this summer as they celebrate seventy five years at Nap Bailey stadium for tickets promotions and more. Information visit Canadians baseball dot com or call six oh four eight seven to, two five, two three to. Two today it's.
Speaker 5: Eleven thirty three on A wednesday, Morning Donnie doli on CHECK. Tv now time FOR, dtmz brought to you by the world Famous Wister Golf. Club go see Big al out there At Great.
Speaker 3: Track Great.
Speaker 1: TRACK, dtmz as, mentioned brought to you by The Arnold palmer Designed Whistler Golf. Club three of the golf course renovation is underway. Now in this phase they're gonna have new, greens new irrigation being built and they're also preparing for. Sotting golf course is going to reopen for play in the summer of twenty twenty. Seven but follow them On instagram at was the golf to stay up to date on the reno rick moments ago this. Morning, actually as a matter of, Fact canucks gool Attender Thatcher demco sharing a very interesting update on His instagram account.
Speaker 5: And this IS. Bwc quinn helped me. Out this is the small. Rink that's the small rink could be set AT bwc BECAUSE i recognize the wall behind. Them so this Is Thatchuer, dempko AND i believe that's the goalie coach for The Canucks. Toroneous, Anyways Marc, Marco, yeah At. Toroneous so this Is Thatcher dempko, saying first day back on the, ice spin along, road a lot more work, ahead but let's celebrate the good. Days and he couldn't have said it. Better so he had hip surgery In january and here he is on the.
Speaker 3: Ice six months off the. Ice Six, well that.
Speaker 1: Lines up with what you. REPORTED i think way back when it, happened we were looking at Like June july when he was going to start to get on the.
Speaker 5: ICE i was told Late june that he would hit the ice and what is? It is it Late? June, Yeah so there you. Go but this is a good sign for The canucks because if he's on the ice now and he's got all Of july In august to ramp it up and come to training camp one hundred. Percent, look you know what people talk about veterans in one area of The. Canucks if this guy comes back healthy and does what he does and has done in the, past The canucks have thirteen million tied up in two, goaltenders two veteran, goaltenders which will help those young d and it'll help you not lose nine to one every. Night and both these goaltenders are locked up with. Term so if there's one area The Vancouver canucks do have a pretty good base for next.
Speaker 3: Year it's Cold Teddy and If denko plays really, Well if he.
Speaker 5: Plays really, well you can go to the next deadline and teams are going to start calling yeah if he if.
Speaker 3: He stays healthy and plays.
Speaker 5: Well somebody told me a couple of weeks ago teams were thinking about thatcher even for this you, KNOW i could we take a run at him this Summer AND i heard a couple of, yeh eight, Million well it's eight point, five but it's it's it's one of the biggest cap hits for goalies in THE.
Speaker 1: Nag but, again all these guys have cap space there At.
Speaker 5: Ryan this is a goalie who's only played forty six games in the.
Speaker 3: List well that's the.
Speaker 5: THING i, mean, like until he comes back and until he plays regularly and really, good he's a. Risk it's a high. Risk he's only played forty six games in the last two years because first the, populatias then the hip injury and. Surgery it's a. Risk but if he comes back and plays well and plays a, ton then you know, what maybe next year at the, deadline team's.
Speaker 1: Call, birthdays all, right?
Speaker 3: Birthdays that that's.
Speaker 5: Right, Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Quinn.
Speaker 5: Day, NO i need the, Music, QUINN i need the. Music without the, MUSIC i can't do. It donny And Dalli's backscratchers And Dental flossimporium and Ball Zach. Alberta. Uh this guy in his draft year played For powerhouse S Ka Saint petersburg And russia twenty. Eighteen Captained russia at The Helenka Gretzky. Cup they won the. BRONZE i know you're you're smiling because you know who it.
Speaker 3: Is just, it just, It, YEAH i can't.
Speaker 5: WIN i guarantee you saw.
Speaker 3: IT i did.
Speaker 5: It he saw On Canuck's twitter BECAUSE i saw it On canuck's twittor this morning, Congrats happy birthday. Pod but, anyways this guy's a Former canuck, too so this one's gonna be a little tougher for both of.
Speaker 8: YOU.
Speaker 5: Uh rangers first round pick in two thousand and nine played minor hockey on a team With Steven Stampcos Cody, hodson and camera, guns second. Overall picked By oshawa in the two thousand and six Ohl dre at the age of, nineteen the youngest Defenseman rangers history to play On Opening, night named the twenty TEN Nhl All Rookie, team traded To nashville in exchange for Defenseman Calvin. Klein would bounce. Around are you sure there's No Calvin? Nashville Google Calvin, klyde Then i'll figure out who you Google Calvin Clyde. Nashville i'm telling you it's. True he would bounce, around and in twenty seventeen he signed a two year deal with The canucks as A ufa six. Million Kevin, Kleine Kevin, Klein it's Just, Calviny, okay in the.
Speaker 3: Fair it's. Fair it's.
Speaker 5: Fair that's. Called that's what you call A floridian. Slip, RIGHT i don't know what A floridian slip. Is, okay that's what you call A Calvin. Kleine Kevin. Klein but, anyways. Listen he led The canucks in ice time and Joined Hendrik city and is the only Two vancouver players to play every game that. Year what then aided by The canucks To anaheim For luke Shan.
Speaker 3: OH i Love Michael. Delzato Dal zado.
Speaker 5: Won The Stanley cup with The blues in two thousand and, LISTEN i have it Written Calvin, klin but It's Kevin, klein, right, yes, yeah but it was. CLOSED i was in the. Neighborhood and why Not Calvin. Kleines who doesn't Have Calvin klein, jeans, underwear, underwear, Underwear Calvin klein underwearon's got too much.
Speaker 1: Information we don't need.
Speaker 3: That, yeah we don't need to know what kind of underwear you?
Speaker 5: Were what's the famous? One food of looms for the.
Speaker 3: Loom that's WHAT i.
Speaker 5: Wear, yeah that's what.
Speaker 3: Everyone we don't.
Speaker 5: Need we don't need to know you wear food of looms or rake wear. Sacks, NO i just wear, boxers no. BRAND i don't. CARE i don't, know not unlike you. GUYS i don't need brand. Underwear, anyways here we. Go the soccer. Player This hall Of fame soccer player won Six European Golden, shoes eight times the world's best player named BY. Fifa he was awarded The Presidential medal Of freedom By Joe biden in twenty twenty. Five his records include most goals in a calendar year ninety, one tied for most goals scored in THE Fifa World cup, sixteen all the time most assists in international football sixty. One want a gold medal at the two thousand and Eight Summer. Olympics do you want me to keep?
Speaker 3: Going is it? Messy? Yes, okay that's a.
Speaker 5: Guess, Yeah Lionel messi, okay? Cool, Yeah, OH i.
Speaker 1: KNOW i thought he's got the most goals now at A World.
Speaker 5: Cup that's what He that's not What google.
Speaker 1: Says, no you said, tie let's get, off AND i think he broke.
Speaker 3: It let's get. OFF i think he broke it. Yesterday, yeah that's not. Rerickball let's get off Of.
Speaker 1: Messi you, KNOW i just said this report on Training argentina training for like where their, facility they've got snipers on the. Roof. What, yeah it's like so apparently Incredibly Claire HANNAH tsn just did a big report on. It it's so locked. Down you gonna go through two security checkpoints to go to training For.
Speaker 9: Argentina they you, know like at like eighteenth where The cowboys, played ye had the sniper on at the top of.
Speaker 1: It, yeah will you let me get the last guy in.
Speaker 5: Here this basketball player played college basketball for The Duke Blue. Devils he was named The Naysmith College player of The. Year he set several records At.
Speaker 3: Duke well what? Year what?
Speaker 5: When hold on a, Second i'll get it to. You he was selected eleventh overall By orlando in the two thousand and SIX Nba. Draft fifteen years he played in THE, nba holds the single season three point field goal records for several. Teams he played for twenty six twenty Sixth hell No. No in twenty, sixteen he became the first ACTIVE nba player and the second active professional athlete to start a weekly podcast during THE nba regular.
Speaker 9: Season That's are you guys serious that.
Speaker 5: His first to his name IS Jj Reddick.
Speaker 3: Reddick, yeah you.
Speaker 1: Could have, said head coach of The, racers that that would have given.
Speaker 5: It that would have given it. AWAY i gotta make your work for. It that's.
Speaker 1: It, uh this is un seriously discussing underwear. BRANDS i think the show is just bottomed out for the. Season Calvin. Klyde there's also Man Man, made That canadian. COMPANY i don't.
Speaker 5: Buy brand name, underwear do you no?
Speaker 3: Name brandt, command how do you do?
Speaker 1: Underwear just says underwear on?
Speaker 3: It so who are you gonna show your underwear?
Speaker 5: To?
Speaker 3: That it has to be a. Brand that's not.
Speaker 5: Why that's not why you wear a name Branded why would you wear a name brand?
Speaker 3: Ability you can't get comfort with a no name, brand not as much As sacks does. It what is?
Speaker 5: It what's so? Comfortable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay let's. Stop let's stop.
Speaker 3: Right silk is it s will but.
Speaker 1: It's like a like almost Like.
Speaker 9: Lululemon it's almost, like you, know like in a like bathing suits that the mesh kind of.
Speaker 3: Yeahs that it wraps. Around, okay too much.
Speaker 5: Information let's move on from. Underwear one.
Speaker 1: Birthday you didn't mention tod but you don't usually do music? Birthday, NO i, DON'T i. Can't but that's that's that's, okay that's gonna. Be Mick, fleetwood ricky, drummer co founder Of Fleetwood. Mac he's playing us. Out Fleetwood mac are playing us out With Don't Stop, off the legendary nineteen seventy seven album. Rumors mick turns seventy nine. Today this Is Don't Stop Fleewood. Mac this is just me coming up.
Speaker 12: Next remember that dead electric leaf blower in the, garage.
Speaker 1: Still hoping it'll come back to.
Speaker 5: Life oh pe i see is PC's recycling program for battery powered and electric outdoor power.
Speaker 4: Equipment just like other, electronics electric lawn and garden equipment can also be recycled when it reaches the end of its useful.
Speaker 5: Life all electric yard tools don't have to end up in the. Landfill if you're electric outdoor power equipment can't be, fixed it could be.
Speaker 4: Recycled whether it's a leaf, blower, trimmer or. Lawnmower any can be recycled for free IN. Bc visit opeic Dot ca to find a depot near you and recycle. Responsibly that's opeic DOT.
Speaker 7: Ca THE Bc Construction Safety alliance is a not for profit association that makes safety simpler by providing health and safety services and programs to more than fifty seven thousand construction employers and two hundred and twenty thousand workers across the. Province we want to bring THE bccsa safety message directly to your job. Site book a free visit from THE Bccsa safety On Tour Mobile Trailer safety On tours instructor guides your workers through a series of dynamic safety, demonstrations from the effectiveness of fall arrest systems to the power of proper Head Protection. Act now to book a Memorable safety On tour experience At Safety ontour DOT.
Speaker 1: Ca time now for is it just? Me brought to you by OPE i See Outdoor Power Equipment institute Of. Canada did you know you can recycle electric lawn and garden equipment for? FREE opic operates a province wide network of recycling depots to ensure old electric outdoor power equipment gets collected and recycled. Responsibly visit ope I c DOT ca to get more. Info that is OPE I c DOT.
Speaker 5: Ca rick all, Right, Ruther ferd And elvin were just as, bad if not worse Than, benning Says john From. Ladner so all those people want to flurry At canuck trades, today, oh because there was five hundred trades. Yesterday canucks have seven no. Moves they're a whole lot tougher to, move folks than all their guys are, overpaid underachieving and no.
Speaker 1: Moves it's not that. Easy it's not that. Easy but LIKE i said, earlier there's A. PTSD i think With knuck, fans rick that here we go. Again The canucks are going to be the only team not active making any.
Speaker 5: Trades so do you make a trade just because everyone else is making a? Trade do you make a? Trade they make a, trade they rush, it then the first guy to bitch about it is gonna be.
Speaker 9: You, yeah But, ricky make a trade because the market is set so high With, okay, okay so ronic had more points than byrom last.
Speaker 5: Seas, okay but you guys are assuming that they're just sitting there on their pants not making a.
Speaker 3: Call i'm.
Speaker 5: Not they are literally working the phones hard and if something comes up that is in the best interest of The Vancouver, Canucks i'm sure they'll make a. Trade if they make a rush trade to accommodate you and all the guys On.
Speaker 3: Twitter it's not to accommodate.
Speaker 1: Me i'm just SAYING i know where these people the first.
Speaker 5: Guy to bitch, About oh they made a.
Speaker 3: Trade it was.
Speaker 5: Bad oh they rushed into it because everyone else made a. Trade we got to make a.
Speaker 9: Trade i'm fine if they don't, trade BUT i don't like hearing that there's like no chance or any possibility that they're not going to move, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: DON'T i mean the leaders have. Called he's twenty eight and he had forty eight points last. Year he needs to.
Speaker 5: Go, YEAH i, agree but somebody Named rutherford gave him a no.
Speaker 3: MOVE i know. Him he's not here.
Speaker 5: Anymore well, okay but that's it's got no bearing on the effect of he still doesn't want to move.
Speaker 1: Clearly but WE i mean we assume that this Is don and. Sikamus is it just? Me but for old folks Like don and, Myself, Yes i'm getting. There it Was stansfield, underwear especially Long john's in the.
Speaker 3: Winter stanfield living up?
Speaker 1: North do you Remember stansfield?
Speaker 3: Underwear?
Speaker 5: Rick, yeah who does?
Speaker 3: It i've never heard of stand in.
Speaker 5: LIFE i automatically thought About Eric, stanfield our producer at ten. Forty, yeah who's In kelowna, right probably Watching Eric. Stansfield, eric if you're, Watching hi, there. Buddy but, Anyway. STANSFIELD i do Remember stansfield. Underwear, NO i.
Speaker 3: Don't you don't. Know i'm Saying sacks is, overrated made Of i've never heard Of sacks. Underwear it's it gets.
Speaker 1: Good you've never heard Of Sax no with The, dodgs SHOULD? I? YEAH i mean it's. Everywhere this Is Joan. Nanaimo this is just, Me. RICK i feel like you keep defending, coronic like you think The canucks are trying to win rather than.
Speaker 5: Rebuild i'm not doing. That i'm telling you this is a tough. Trade he's got to no. Move canucks had four defensemen under the age of twenty three plane last. Year on many, nights they only have two veteran defensemen Four birt's. GONE i don't know if they're bringing Back Pierre. Joseph so do you realize that there is only two defensemen of veterans on this hockey.
Speaker 1: Game, yes but again the restaurant you describe it, though like the they Trade Philip paronik and they can't bring in any other. VETERANS i guess they. Can they just bring in a lesser, player which is fine in their current.
Speaker 5: State if you go To july first to get a veteran, defenceman and a veteran defenceman is A. Ufa oh let's let's go To. Vancouver oh they're in thirty second. Place oh they're going in to. Rebuild if you, overpay the UFAs don't want to. Go if you pay THAT, ufa maybe that. Happens you work hard all your life to become A ufa and you want to go To team thirty.
Speaker 1: Two, yeah but there's lots of things that come in to. Play, okay we got to wrap up the. Show we got one final segment left to. Go we're gonna talk about our friends At Pastime. Sports a couple photos as. Well It's donnie And, dolly the team on.
Speaker 5: CHECK a new era is underway AND rbc is proud to be the newest partner of Your Vancouver, canucks says we write this next. Chapter starting next, SEASON rbc clients they will get exclusive access to private, entrances in game, perks and enhanced experiences at all home, games bringing you closer to The canucks experiences you love the. Most stay tuned for more details out of the twenty twenty six twenty twenty seven home, opener probably presented BY. Rbc your ideas happened here AT.
Speaker 1: Rbc let's check out Our Waddling dog poll Question rick for one final time on the live portion of the. Show come sit and stay at the dog, today.
Speaker 5: All, Right, quinn get her up The Waddling Dog Pop Poll question. Two Defenseman trading yesterday for first round picture The canuck's straight. Peronic eighty four percent say, yes sixteen percent say. No keep them turn your mic you can see. Again which way is that?
Speaker 1: Better, derek sounds? Better it sounds. WEIRD i think we need to replace your. Headset. There we'll forget that on another. Day time now to talk about our friends At Pastime.
Speaker 5: Sports All, right the world has arrived In, vancouver And Pastime sports And game says you covered when it comes to jersey scarves and other collectible celebrating the beautiful. Game never been a bigger time to show off your team colors led By canada as a host. Country you may also want to honor your favorites In, Europe South, America asia Or. Africa for more information at storre, locations Visit Pastime sports DOTSY a.
Speaker 1: Grab your Merch now At Pastime sports you're Doing Donnian dolli underwear now yeah apparently see you know.
Speaker 5: What we had a big fight about underwear during the. Break but, listen that's a good, Ideas donnie and all the.
Speaker 3: Underwear, okay we're going.
Speaker 1: Overseas first. Photo this is THE c, One, derek if you have that, one see this is Overseas Walton chris From victoria At RABBITS i Hope i'm getting that. Right Rabbits beach In croatia celebrating their thirtieth wedding anniversary and listening to a couple of the Podcasts love the show. Guys That's Walton chris From. Victoria From, victoria THAN i just, said family go To croatia and they said it was just amazing over, there so beautiful maybe one day for. Me the other photo we got here and this is unfortunately, unsigned but look at this sports page hat alongside and in And out burger. Hat AND i think there's some magnets involved there as, well but it was unsigned and said it's this photo is animal, style which is a secret menu item you can get an in and out. Burger so there you. Go we talked about in And out With moje and there's the sports page hat in the in and out.
Speaker 5: Burger i've never been in and?
Speaker 3: Out what what not? Here why would? We?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 3: Why why do you.
Speaker 1: Guys have been To, California arizona all over the, place.
Speaker 5: So what if you if you haven't been, THERE i haven't been.
Speaker 3: There it's not that, SHOCKING i bet majority of people In. Vancouver zach probably.
Speaker 1: Probably we gotta wrap things up quickly. Though happy birthday To ron celebrating his eightieth. Birthday that's From Ice dog In, victoria all the. Best we're moments away From canada's massive match AT Bc. Places they're taking On switzerland. Again they need a single point to advance and stick around Here vancouver in the round of thirty two at The World. Cup we'll be back tomorrow talking all about the, Match World cup much. More we got some good guests tomorrow as, well so it tune. In don you will be back as. Well It's Donnie, dolly the TEAM I.
Speaker 2: Check thanks for listening to The donnie And Dolly. Podcast be sure to follow us On twitter At donnie And dolly for all the latest show. Content