Speaker 1: All right with Win Evan Win, I'll show you're gone ruing ahead if you accept the similar we pursuing it. Donld out shaw shank through the sewer, kid, Now what chilling at the Eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three your clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house? A goat stat is how we'd starting to get tradgic. Show that up multiply like a rabbit tuned in, z on out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm on hang out with my friend rocking on the radio at Christine, all.
Speaker 3: Of them radio, all up on your radio. Indeed, Hello and welcome everybody. It's the world famous Tennant's Inn Show ninety seven point one the Eagle and we are broadcasting live from Rollertown Beer Works in Solina, Texas today little live remote action for us, and uh, this is where we're invested with play with our balls.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh, and it is going to be an absolute blast.
Speaker 3: We're out here at Rollertown because at Rollertown it's the line of this weekend. It's the big annual sumo wrestling tournament.
Speaker 4: It's incredible.
Speaker 3: Man, I love this weekend so much, and I didn't realize that when I pulled up, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I got here about two o'clock.
Speaker 3: There was already going to be so many sumo wrestlers out there getting ready for tomorrow. We've already got a pretty hefty group of guys out there, Ben, and it is really kick ass mule or wag you is already here serving up the grub.
Speaker 4: You know how the beer flows.
Speaker 3: But this is the best weekend all year long at Rollertown Beer Works.
Speaker 4: And I am stoked. Oh my gosh, I am too. And the forecast calls for butt cheeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna see a lot more butt cheeks than you're usually used to seeing, unless you shower with a bunch of offensive linemen, which, by the way, the Cowboys added a new offensive lineman. And we'll get to all that in a second. But yes, that's part of the charm of the sumo experience. Yeah, and now that you and I are veterans of this world, I'm it doesn't even phaze me when I see that mini butt cheek.
Speaker 4: No, I love it.
Speaker 3: I prefer it. Yeah, it makes me uncomfortable. I can't see somebody's butt cheeks now, I don't trust them. I don't want to be left out of the situation where people are experiencing butt cheeks and I'm not there. And I think it's called the miwashee, I think is what it's called. Yeah, the wrestling the carb. Yeah, and it's not a G string. But it's not not a G string, Okay, Like right, yeah, I'm saying double negative. It's kind of thicker, man, It's much thicker. And dude, it has been so great to get to know Corey in the Dallas Sumo Club.
Speaker 4: This thing is so much fun.
Speaker 3: And I don't whatever I thought it was the first time it was brought up. Hey, listen, we have a Japanese logger. We're going to celebrate it. We reach out the Japanese consulate. They told us about the Dallas Sumo Club. They were on the cover of Texas Monthly, you know, and you're like, okay, here the sumo wrestlers are wearing cowboy hats.
Speaker 4: This is really cool, right. I didn't know what to expect.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, first year, is this like guys putting on the fat suits and getting out there in the promo style?
Speaker 4: And then I got here and it is.
Speaker 3: A whole culture, like really something truly special, like something that honors the great heritage of sumo wrestling and what it means and what it stands for. And the Dallas Sumo Club is so legit. And now over the years, like I see all these wrestlers out here, they've become family now to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah and I.
Speaker 3: And actually there's some regular listeners of the been in Skin Show throughout the years that are now members of the Dallas Sumo Club because they were here the first year that we did it. Now, you and I, for example, whenever there's someone that's sort of the face of something, they tend to get too much credit for it. So like you and I get too much credit for roller Town, right, you know you should get more credit than you do, but you still get too much credit.
Speaker 4: I know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I don't want to like take anything away from anybody else. But Corey, who is the head of the Snake of the Dallas Sumo Club, is a force of nature.
Speaker 4: Yes, And the way.
Speaker 3: That they've grown and the reason that this is a good tournament and we're lucky to be partnered with Corey is just I mean, he makes things happen in a really big way. So coming up in two and a half hours. Uh, you got to make sure to be by the radio because we are gonna bring Corey on with us at about five point thirty five, and he will explain what the Dallas Sumo Club does, what they're doing here this weekend, and kind of like do why it exists, why it exists, because I think you and I do a really crappy job of explaining it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, Gagamaru flowing is here, is here. I just got my picture with him. I'm so happy. It's a sumo wrestling legend from Japan and you know, barely speaks any English and he's here, and it's such an honor to have him here, and now he's here every year at this thing and it's just cool.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 3: I was watching him sign autographs over there, like he's a major celebrity in this culture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's in the house. He's in the house.
Speaker 3: And so if you're on the soshas, go ahead and go to the Roller Town Beer Works account, especially on Instagram. There's been put together a video that you can go check out right now that's kind of got a little synopsis of everything that's happening.
Speaker 4: Right now. That'll maybe entice you to join us out here.
Speaker 3: Because once the show is over, we have the draft for the matches tomorrow because there's two teams, we have the sumo truck pull, We got a lot of shenanigans that are going to be going on well into the night. And in the backdrop of all that, if you're just like a scenester and you'd like to be a part of something and soak it all in, just know that we'll have the NFL Draft on the television as well.
Speaker 4: So NFL Draft going on.
Speaker 3: Cowboys will have a couple picks, We'll have all the sumo festivities, We'll have beer flow because the reason we do this is in honor of our Japanese rice logger House of war Lords. It's back and it is awesome, and so it's just a thing that goes all night and then it picks right back up tomorrow. You got to make it like your next thirty six hours, right, you really do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, it's it's my favorite thing that we do.
Speaker 3: It's so much fun and it's just a bucketless item. It's something that you would never be a part of for any other reason. And you said it's back and it's awesome, just like Christina Kray, she's awesome.
Speaker 4: How are you doing, Christina?
Speaker 6: I am so jet lagged, ben, but I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: Okay, So tell us tell us about the trip, give us a microwaved update of the trip in thirty seconds.
Speaker 6: Uh, okay, Well, I took a great tour on a BW bus. Highly recommend all the hot spots. Saw Jimmy Hendricks's house, the Grateful Dead House, went to Hippie Hill, went and saw fish and it was really fun. The weather there is gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a weekend of hallucinogenics for you. Christina. That sounds like it was really great. You went to Katee.
Speaker 3: Ashbury and then a couple of fish concerts, So we'll try to get the mushrooms out of your system. But you're back, thank you. And it's great timing because we fired k T. Yeah, and you seem to be in the best mood I've seen you in years.
Speaker 4: I've never been happier.
Speaker 3: We have replaced KT with Gagamar yeah, and so things are trending up for us.
Speaker 4: It's very exciting.
Speaker 3: Speaking of replacements, is Zach Martin gone from the Cowboys. But last night, did they get his replacement? Quite possibly? Let's talk Dallas Cowboys DFW will do that next in just about three and a half minutes.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the Cowboys' newest draft pick next. I have a developing situation that'll be happening throughout the show, Ben, I just got a text from my wife that I'd forgotten about. Do you remember me waking you up at two thirty in the morning because Luca, our dog, had blood in her mouth.
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll get back to that a little bit later in the show as I try to remember all of that that happened. Or may be a rat situation not the band. Maybe later in the show we'll play rat. But it's the Been and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle and we were hanging out at Rollertown Beer Works in Salina, Texas because it is the launch of our sumo tournament weekend, one of the most fun things we do. It's probably our best event. And we have sumo wrestlers in the parking lot right now from all.
Speaker 4: Over the world.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be a big tournament tomorrow. Plenty of food, plenty of drink plenty of good times. Come on up here and join us. There was some good times last night. If you are a NFL fan, the draft is happening. It is going down, and your Dallas Cowboys, with the twelfth pick in the draft, have selected Tyler Brooks, another Tyler offensive lineman, Booker.
Speaker 4: I said, Booker, Bros. I've met Booker.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Tyler Booker, another Tyler offensive lineman out of the University of Alabama. And for the third time in four years, they've drafted an offensive lineman named Tyler. Yeah. I think it's a good pick. And I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I break down film. I do listen closely to the guys who do break down that film, but they've been wrong a lot as well. I remember on the Tyler Smith pick, I was so upset about that pick, and I'd never seen him play, but I was upset because the guys that I follow were saying, that's not a good pick. Too many penalties and then the lad the MCAA and holding penalties.
Speaker 4: And he's been awesome. He's awesome.
Speaker 3: And I remember when Zach Martin was drafted, I was upset because I wanted Johnny Manziel. Yeah, thank god, I'm not running the team as Ron Washington.
Speaker 4: What's it right?
Speaker 3: And with Zach Martin retiring, it's also very much the end of an era in terms of, like, there's not a lot of veteran offensive linemen on the team now. And one of the things that sounded crazy to me yesterday is when KT was saying, or maybe it was the day before, well, they need to draft a new leader of the offensive line room.
Speaker 4: And I'm sitting there, going a rookie's going to be that.
Speaker 3: And it's pretty interesting when you go out and read about him.
Speaker 4: It's he is a leader. He's a leader of guys.
Speaker 3: He's a leader of a group, he's got the right mentality, and he definitely is a guy that hopefully, I mean, it's hard to say this, hopefully will be a Zach Martin replacement. In general, over the last decade and a half, I don't know if this is still true, but if you draft an offensive or defensive lineman from the University of Alabama, he's a mean son a bitch and he's got his act together and he's tough minded. And the other thing that's interesting to me is I was looking at the ESPN analysis of it, and a lot of people are saying, hey, man, it's a reach at twelve, but he's a really good player, Which who cares if it's a reach if you get a guy that helps your team. But the comparisons I saw on ESPN, they compared him to Tyler Smith. Yeah, and dude, it's like, I remember the way people felt about Travis Frederick. They're like, wait, you could have got him maybe a little bit later in the draft, but he was incredibly good for them. Yeah, and you know, you get the extra year of control if you get that guy in the first And we should go ahead and back sell and tell people to go watch our YouTube channel that after dark we did with Travis. Yeah, all the stories he was telling about dealing with Bill Callahan before the draft were amazing. So if you like those kinds of football stories, go watch our YouTube.
Speaker 4: Channel on the after dark we did with Travis.
Speaker 3: So the main thing is there, the Cowboys were sitting at twelve, kind of in the middle of the pack. They didn't contend and nor did they have a shot at a top five pick, so they're right in that limbo land. So they needed a lot of things to go their way. You know, I think they wanted Ted McMillan, the six to four wide receiver. That's who they really really wanted, right, and he eight He went eight or nine, right, something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe eight. But it's like, man, you know they.
Speaker 3: Had they needed it to work out perfectly for them because they won four meaningless games down the stretch. Keep in mind, they were three and seven. There were three and seven, the worst record in the league had the worst team had two wins, so they were right next to the worst records in the NFL. Dak was out for the year, they had eighteen guys on the injury report, and instead of rolling out Trey Lance, which I think would have led to losses, they let out Cooper Rush, the veteran quarterback who can always get you that win. Now McCarthy's gone, so you didn't need to win for his culture. You know, Cooper Rush is gone, he's playing for the Ravens now and Trey Lance is also gone.
Speaker 4: And it's like, dude, if you had lost some of.
Speaker 3: Those games even and they won three of those four games down the stretch by less, by score less, that changed your draft day prognosis. So dude, it just broke my heart that they didn't get the guy they wanted. And I heard Stephen Jones on the fan earlier today and he was talking about, oh yeah, we got the Well, we got the guy we wanted, the guy we wanted for sure, we want him last grade we had. And it's like, or we would have traded back if we had gotten like the deal we couldn't refuse. I'm like, wait, they were trying, they were trying to trade back. You were trying to trade back because the guy you wanted wasn't there because you won meaningless games. I mean, I'm the wrong guy to I don't I think it's impossible to take in football.
Speaker 4: So I'm the wrong about Trey Lance.
Speaker 3: I don't like, if you look at all those teams that are at the bottom, they were all trying to lose. No, no, but I'm saying the Cowboys ended up at twelve and because Cooper Rush won four out of the those five games, if you just lose two of those games, you get Tech McMillan. I mean, I don't know, I don't even know how to talk about tanking in football, but I understand it's like it's alternate universe, but they One of the things I liked is that everyone out there thought they were drafting Golden who went twenty three, and it was clear they were smoke screening, Like if they didn't get the receiver they wanted, which that guy seems like he would have been a great fit.
Speaker 4: It's great to get the guard that they wanted.
Speaker 3: Because also, if you look, a lot of guards went later in the first round, and so they needed to get a guard. They got the one apparently that they wanted because they drafted him at twelve, and they could have had a litany of other guys, and so if he ends up being the guy that they have targeted, that has all the characteristics that they want, which later in the show, we're gonna play a really great clip of Micah Parsons hearing Tyler talk and get really fired up, and I think you're really gonna like this. We'll do all that in the show. We have all kinds of good draft coverage. But coming up next been Kat had prepared a really good mount rushmore of Dallas athletes Dallas actors. Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, we have the Dallas musicians right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. Oh Yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin Show, coming to you live on ninety seven point one The Eagle and iHeart Station. We're super happy to be at Rollertown Beer Works in Salina, Texas today, kicking off the big sumo tournament. This is gonna be a fun, fun show. We're obviously all in great moods. It's gonna be an absolute blast. And there are butt cheeks out everywhere.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 3: That's kind of the the additional glory of the sumo. It's the victory, it's the uh, it's the competition, and it's the ass cheeks, right. And it's so cool because you're just hanging out at a bar ordering some great food and then you see some sumo wrestlers hanging out, you know.
Speaker 4: Just five they're practicing.
Speaker 3: Can look, there's Corey right there from the Dallas Sumo Club, rocking his cowboy hat, looking good. He's gonna be throwing down and beer in hand. Beer in hand. We're so great grateful for these guys. They're such great partners. Anyways, it's going to be an awesome weekend and an awesome show today, So come hang out with us at Rollertown Beerberks and Solana, a brewer we are invested in.
Speaker 4: But right now it's time for this juice.
Speaker 3: Your moves hot guys, every come stay on top in the wood shovel.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: So, Christina, one of the things that you've missed out on as you were in San Francisco this week is our friend Kat that used to work on the show used a WFAA article in which they.
Speaker 4: Used chat GPT to.
Speaker 3: Do a mount rushmore of Dallas athletes, Dallas musicians, and Dallas actors. Now, the Dallas athletes we talked about were derk Noovichky, Troy Aikman, Mike Madonno, and Nolan Ryan. But Ben, I don't know if you ever saw the artwork for this. It looks like Dirk Jason Kidd in a football helmet. Uhh, that looks like uh Jensen Acles which one that guy? Yeah, I thought that was I thought that was Bradley Cooper, right, and then Kevin Costner is.
Speaker 4: Nolan I thought it was Clint Eastwood.
Speaker 3: Clint Eastwood is Nolan Ryan. So that the the ai RT is not that great. But those were the athletes. Now the actors and it was mostly actresses. Well, now it's two and two, but it was Owen Wilson, Selena Gomez, Jamie Foxx, and Robin Wright or Robin Wright Penn as she used to be known when she was married to senior son Keene. Now I have the musicians here, and I was wondering if maybe you and Ben should table talk this. As you guessed because you're a total music head, you might remember some of the Dallas musicians. I'm sure Ben has some guesses. But I will tell you guys that even though Selena Gomez was on the actress list, she is not on the musician list. Why is she more famous as a musician or is she She's okay, there's better musicians than there are actors from here.
Speaker 4: I think maybe a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: And I think also because she's kind of just like a pop star.
Speaker 4: Although there is a person on here. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll shut up, but I'll just tell you guys that there are three ladies and one guy, Kay Gale.
Speaker 4: No, but that's a badass guest. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Uh Kelly Clarkson, she got number one, Well I don't know that she's number one, but yes, right out to shoot unquestionably Stevie ray Vaughn. Yeah, number two. You guys are two for two if you don't include Ben's k gayle guests. What about uh Rhett Miller Ooh that's a good guest night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't make it.
Speaker 3: And I would argue that these four people are bigger than him. But I think that's a really good guess.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: And also keep in mind this is chat GPT, so it's not it's like it just goes out and scours the internet to see what people are talking about. In that regard, have you personally ever been in a band with one of these people? I have Erkabadu absolutely, Eric Abadu, and I think that she's a no brainer. Now, I will say the one person that is left I think is a fine representation. There's a couple that I would maybe put ahead of her. But because I know that it's chat, it's a female. But because I know that it's chat gpdally of that muller wag you beef is saddling up to you there, that's beautiful.
Speaker 4: So it is a female.
Speaker 3: And I can give you guys hints if you want, But do you have a guess?
Speaker 4: Christina? I'll let you go first. Do you have a guess?
Speaker 6: Well, I would hope it's Saint Vincent, but doesn't sound like it.
Speaker 3: That is a really good guess. I would say that that is not the answer. And if I want to give you a hint, I would say same age.
Speaker 4: Group, demographic. Maybe if Kat was here, he would be really pushing for Vanilla Ice. Yeah, and it's a shame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could bring up Kirk Franklin, but my female Kirk Franklin should absolutely be on here. Power Trip, Yes, power Trip obviously very very popular locally, Drowning Pool the doc doc. I think it would be hard for him because he basically put out one really great album and then the rest he struggled with because of his voice issues. It could be a band that is here today with us, Drowning Pool.
Speaker 4: Drowning Pool could be in the mix. They're not they're here, they're in the house with us today.
Speaker 3: Okay, you said it's a female, so I'm Christina.
Speaker 4: Let's table talk this.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess it could be Demi Lovado. Okay, but I think it's more likely one of these two, Nora Jones or LeAnn Rimes.
Speaker 6: Oh, I had know Nora Jones was around here. Let's go Nora Jones.
Speaker 4: The answer is Nora Jones that.
Speaker 3: Let's get a golf clap here, like we sunk like a six foot butt man that I'd have to go back and look at the stats. But that debut record she put out, and that's back when you could still sell records. I think it sold like ten million records. And that lead single is it called come Away with Me or whatever that song was? It was featured on every network television show for about three years.
Speaker 4: And she still put out music.
Speaker 3: She put out a great record last year and she's still putting so Grammy Award winning and then her did you guys know her daddy was Robbie Shankar, the world renowned musician Indian musician.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, I did not know that.
Speaker 3: The guy who I would say I thought would be on here, that was Chris Chris for Mad Flava. No, I'd say Steve Miller had a ton of hits and also actually went to high school with Boz Skaggs who had a ton of hits. But according to chat GPT Stevie Rayvaughn, Eric Abadu, Nora Jones, and Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 4: You guys did really good nice. Sorry, good job, Christina. All right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we've got audio of Micah Parsons reacting to the newest Dallas cowboy, Tyler Booker.
Speaker 4: This is awesome.
Speaker 3: You don't want to miss it, and it's coming your way in just over three minutes right here on the Eagle. All right, it's the Bending Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle, and we are broadcasting live from Rollertown Beer Works in Salina, Texas.
Speaker 4: That's the brewery Ben and.
Speaker 3: I are partners in, and we are here because it is Sumo Wrestling weekend, our biggest weekend of the year. Come on out and join us. We have Mueller wagu beef. You're throwing down on some what was that brisket you're eating?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got some brisket. I love Mueller Wagou.
Speaker 3: You know, they actually own their own farm, you know, their own ranch, and so this comes directly from their ranch straight to the you know, they they're not in a bunch of restaurants is up there like like, this is direct you know they say farm to farm to the table.
Speaker 4: This is ranch to mouth.
Speaker 3: Farm to brewery. So yeah, they're gonna be posted up here all weekend. Get on out here and get some grub with the beers flowing. Our new rice slagger. We've had it before. We bring it out this time every year, and we celebrate it with a sumo tournament. But House of Warlords is delicious, and of course the sumos are in the house. We're going to have a draft right after we get off the air. The sumo truck pull. It is a spectacle and then all day tomorrow. You do not want to miss it, all right. In the first round of the NFL Draft last night, the Dallas Cowboys drafted Tyler Booker, a guard out of Alabama.
Speaker 4: Now, what we're going to play you is audio.
Speaker 3: So Micah Parsons is part of that whole Bleacher Report contingent, and so they were doing some sort of live stream draft show thing. Now, did you see the video of Micah Parson's reaction when the draft pick happened. Yeah, I saw his reaction when Ted McMillan, the six to four wide receiver, got drafted. Uh huh, that's clearly who he wanted, okay, and so he was disappointed that he was off the board, okay, And then when this pick happened, it was kind of like, oh, yeah. And one of the things he said too is he and I don't know if he was just mad because I didn't see the Tech McMillan thing, but he did say, no.
Speaker 4: I wanted us to draft a guy to help my side of the ball. Yeah, he said that.
Speaker 3: After that, he said he's so he was disappointed when they drafted, when Tech came off the board, and then when they drafted a guard, he acted like, oh, I just wanted somebody from my side. Yeah, and then he kind of, you know, started backpedaling and doing the no, but this guy's a he's a beast, and and this that and the other. So then later in this broadcast, apparently they had Tyler join them, and so that's the audio we're gonna play. You're gonna hear Tyler uh speaking and then you're gonna hear a wild reaction and that's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be Micah Parsons play that for us.
Speaker 9: Christina, you had one of my favorite quotes of the entire draft process. You said, quote, I make guys not love football anymore. What does it feel like to see the love of football leave someone's eyes?
Speaker 10: It feels great, you know, like to like football is a child's game. So like people wake up be like, man, I can't wait to play this football game today. This didir hype music. They take all the free workout, they get so excited to play football until they come across the booker. And then when I'm going after you quarter after quarter, play after play, series after series, and I start to see that love leave their eyes, Like that's what makes me love the game, Like I just.
Speaker 4: I want to play it right now? Got quarter? Youah me ready to go?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: So there you go, Mike.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't contain his excitement as Tyler continued to talk.
Speaker 4: And it is a pretty awesome thing to say.
Speaker 3: Hey, I love when I see the love of the game in someone's eyes and I mauled them until they no longer have the love for the game. I feel that way whenever I play Call of Duty. I get on, I'm like gonna have a good time. I'm excited about it. And then these guys that are way better than me ruined my love of the game. I don't even want to be around anymore. They squeeze it out and they make it not fun. And that was a great quote. Like when I first heard the comment, I was like wait what And then I heard him explain it, and I was like, damn, that's pretty deep.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And my son, of course, goes to Alabama and so he knows every single thing about Alabama football. And I was talking to him about it. He was like, man, you don't understand this. He was like the captain of the team, best locker room guy they had period, so respected in love, like the guy is an absolute stud.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I was texting with Kat earlier and he was saying, he's going to be like a captain is a rookie, And I was like.
Speaker 4: How does that even happen? I don't know.
Speaker 3: But then you think about the fact that they have a really young offensive line group and so maybe that's possibly why it can be like that. You know, we've been used to guys being here for so long, but at some point you turn everybody out, and if he ends up being as advertised, it's a great pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the COT we saw this firsthand because we're so close to Travis Frederick and Zach Martin and Tyrone's Smith. We got to know those guys, and so if people came in and they didn't fit the culture of the offensive line meeting room. They were on the outside looking in. Yeah, you know there were athletes that would come around and like post workouts. You know there are workouts online, and that would be frowned upon. It's like, no, no, we're not We're a cohesive unit. It's not about us as individuals. We're not out there like you got to fit in that culture. You got to work your ass off, be there early. They hold each other accountable, and so it sounds like the Cowboys are trying to get some of that back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they need it now.
Speaker 3: Coming up at when we do around the sports hearing about that, looks like about twenty five minutes or so. KT did file a draft report before we fired him from the show, So we'll play that for you.
Speaker 4: But coming up next, Ben, what do we have in now? Trending in? Ben? All right? My daughter I need everyone's help on this.
Speaker 3: My daughter asked me permission for something and I need us all to group parent my child.
Speaker 4: And that's next.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin Show coming to you live from roller Town Beer Works in Salina, Texas. We're invested in This is a big weekend for Rollertown, the biggest weekend of the year. It's the super Bowl for Rollertown because every year around this time we release our Japanese rice Lagger House of war Lords, and to do that, we celebrate Japanese culture.
Speaker 4: And to do that, we.
Speaker 3: Hooked up at the Dallas Sumo Club and we put on a sumo tournament every weekend. It's absolutely free. It is real sumo wrestlers. So come join us, come check it out, insulin it. Tonight, we're gonna draft the teams. It'll be my team versus your team, right yeah? Or are we East and West? I don't even know anymore.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you want to be East and let me be Wester? Or what do you mean? I mean, I'm definitely East.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm gonna draft my team, and my team's gonna kick your team's ass, just like it does every year. I'm gonna try to draft my team in a way that it purposely loses.
Speaker 4: You know, there's different weight classes. There's men, there's women.
Speaker 3: It's the whole art of the draft is something that you know, I've mastered. And I'll give you my eleven week sumo drafting course if you'd like next year. But this year, I'm gonna put my throat.
Speaker 4: On your neck. What percentage of your fantasy leagues have you w Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair question. Let's not we don't have time because I need to read that book. We have a time to do a deep dot. I am the reigning baseball champion of the Nolan Ryane Cup.
Speaker 4: Is that right? I'll have you know how many of those do you have you racked up? Right? If you?
Speaker 3: Uh, we are in Solina or super glad you're here with us, Man, I just had some Mueller wagoo. It is so unbelievably tasty, so very very good. Uh. So they're serving up food here. The sumo wrestlers are in the house, are getting loose. Uh they're out there practicing and stuff like this. Do they get really pretty loose? The tent instead up, they're drinking beer. They got the mawashe's on right, Yep, that what they're called. And so they're they're ready for a big Tournament's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 7: He's interrational, quick triggered nuclear overreactor. He's a masterful storyteller who consistently finds himself drowning and a sea of awkward.
Speaker 4: It's time for no trunding.
Speaker 5: Ben.
Speaker 3: So I'm to the point now with my kids where I don't like being a parent. Yeah, you know, I never liked being a parent. I mean, we had one really good one who made it easy. But now he's at college and it's like, oh, yeah, these are the other ones. Don't you know that when you when you hit the mountaintop, that's when you call it quits. All right, you guys kept cranking out kids. I know what happened is our middle son was not like super affectionate and huggy.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And so Dott said, this one's getting too big to cuddle exactly, and so we're like, let's have one more. Anyways, we're so glad we did. And we got three awesome kids. And my youngest is fourteen. I got two older boys and a younger daughter. She's fourteen. And it's really cool because she loves basketball.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: The thing she's most passionate about is the thing I'm most passionate about. Like, we both are in love with the game of basketball. But I can't talk to her about it. Why because she wants to know part of it. She knows that you don't really talk hoop that good. She will come watch me play in my basketball games, and she'll come with me. She'll spend time with me in the gym and stuff. But I can't talk to her about anything why because it's one word answers, Why is your day good?
Speaker 4: Why are you yelling at her so much?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 4: And I just can't talk to her about it. There's nothing. And so anyways, it's a weird dynamic.
Speaker 3: She you know, she's pretty much always in a little bit of a bad mood ye around her parents and really short answers and just like in and out of the door, and we're just kind of.
Speaker 4: In the way. She feels like, you guys don't offer that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she definitely feels like we don't offer that much. But I am not concerned by this. I'm not going to be threatened by this because I don't care about being my kids friends.
Speaker 4: Uh huh. I don't.
Speaker 3: I want a mission to be their best friend because I want to be the adult. I want to have, you know, some discipline. I want to have some actual supervision. And so there are parents in the mix here around in these social circles who say yes to every damn right, Like we're going to deep OUM Saturday night.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what why it.
Speaker 3: Depends on what the show is. Are they going to LCD sound system?
Speaker 4: And I'm just like, dude, no, that's not cool.
Speaker 3: And so some kids I see this all the time driving through my neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, is Grace fourteen? Now? Yeah, she's fourteen, okay.
Speaker 3: And so we had a golf cart for a while, and it was fun because it's kind of a golf cart community. You can drive your golf cart around and my wife would take the kids to school and the golf cart. That's a pretty cool thing. And so you make a little trips around the neighborhood. Then once they all wanted to drive it, it got real scary, Yeah, because you could flip them really easily.
Speaker 4: Super easy. And the boy, they just take turns real fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're not you know, they're out there driving in speed limits that are like forty five Yeah, in a golf cart and it's not even legal thing. And so are they rock and see because you had that really expensive Oklahoma state golf cart.
Speaker 4: So I got rid of that.
Speaker 3: I got rid of that golf cart when she started begging to drive it all the time. My wife was not putting up a strong resistance. It was like, let's remove this from the question. So, something I've been noticing around the neighborhood lately is tiny kids riding electric motor scooters.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yep, and I'm not cool with it.
Speaker 3: And I mean, if it's a bike, there's something about the like a kid could go one speed on a bike, but if they're doing it on an electric scooter, it's just more dangerous, I think, because you're not aware of the energy it takes to go fast or whatever. And so I'll be driving around and I'll see kids cross right in front of cars without ever looking.
Speaker 4: Right cause they don't. They're tiny kids. Yeah, kids are dumb.
Speaker 3: And they're driving these like little electric motorcycles now. And so she wants one, and I'm like, no, hell no. And so the thing is morphed into her asking can I ride my friends? They only go twenty miles per hour, and I'm saying no, am I overreacting? When does she turn fifteen December? Okay, so she's basically a year and a half away from driving. Yeah, but keep in mind, like Max, my oldest pass is driving tests the first time, like he had conversation with the instructor like, wow, would you like to teach here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The second My young my middle child, had to take his driver's test seventeen times.
Speaker 4: She's going to beat his record? Right? Oh really? I think maybe not?
Speaker 3: And it was weird for us. Maya didn't even learn to drive till she was eighteen. She just liked, didn't even care. I bet that was maybe pandemic related to you know, I think at the size she is, in the age she is, I think it's probably fine riding a motor scooter around light farms and forty five mile per hour speed limits.
Speaker 4: If it's what I think it is.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like, is it one of those things like a skateboard with a handlebar coming out?
Speaker 4: Okay? What is?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 3: Looks like a cross between a bike and a motorcycle. Oh so, like I think it'll go forty Okay, I don't know the one she's particularly pushing it. I guess maybe it looks more like a bike than a motorcycle, but it's not a scooter.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, so she's not listening right now, right, I don't. I don't think she wants to have anything to do with my voice.
Speaker 3: So it's basically what you and Alvarez used to drive over to my house from Apollo Junior, all the way across Richards and at the same age.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, I mean.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, dude, one, No, that's not it. Those are those are like the little scooters. These these look like more like motorcycles, all right, And you know, I just feel like, yeah, I'm the bad guy.
Speaker 4: Now have you seen her drive it?
Speaker 3: If she has a head injury, is in a coma, I'm like, I'll be I will regret not being.
Speaker 4: The bad guy.
Speaker 1: No, I know.
Speaker 3: Let's carry this over. Okay, let's carry this over alright. It is The Men and Skin Show ninety some point one the Eagle. We are out at roller Town Beer Works in Salina, Texas. It is our big sumo wrestling weekend. The tap room is starting to fill up. We got mule or wagou Beef out there to edify your tummy and fill it with all the goods and then sumo wrestlers. Beer is flowing. It's gonna be fun. Get on out here. This segment is brought to you by her Toato barbecue, the finest mexicu and all the They got three locations in the eight one seven Arlington Mansfield, fort Worth near the Medical District, and then two locations inside a Global Life Field and then the newest one at the Dallas Farmer's Market. Great beer selection at that Dallas Farmer's Market, tons of great beer, including Rollertown, which we think is super cool. And then on top of that, man, just the barbecue is dope. The Mexican twist on it is great. Go check it out her Totto barbecue.
Speaker 4: You was going to love it. All right. We're doing a little carry over here.
Speaker 3: With now trending in Ben because Ben's fourteen year old daughter went from wanting to get her own Is it a motor scooter?
Speaker 4: Is that the best thing to call it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what you were picturing earlier, the little scooters that you put one foot on and use your other foot to scoot it around and you can kind of make it go with electric.
Speaker 4: That's not what it is. It's more high power than that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is basically like a moped basically, okay, And she wanted to get one and you said no.
Speaker 4: But now she's asking, hey, can I just ride my friends. Isn't that a win? No?
Speaker 3: Because the reason I don't want her to ride around is because I don't want her to have a head injury.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I understand. I don't want her to be riding them, So I understand that.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is, isn't it a win that she's asking if she can ride it instead of just going and riding it?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, huge? Yeah shoot, but yeah, I would know.
Speaker 3: It's a small That's what's great about living in a small, tight knit community like that.
Speaker 4: You get Facebook police.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, and that Do you think that's what her concern was? Do you think she knew she would think.
Speaker 4: She's a great kid? Okay? Would she wear a helmet? I doubt it.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be one of those things where she would say she would initially, and then she would not be wearing a helmet because she would be the only one.
Speaker 4: None of the kids are wearing helmet. Would just avoid it. No, I think some are.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's the thing because I can remember the same thing when our kids would ride their bikes or skateboard or whatever. Now this is different because it's going faster, but they would wear their helmets. Maybe they took them off when they got around the corner. I don't know, but I feel like those the kids I see in the neighborhood wear helmets. But you're saying there's a lot of renting all. What I see, dude, I see I see aggress and that's the problem. I see aggressive riding of these scooters to where I'm like, oh my god, if that was my kid, I would be mortified.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'm like, do you.
Speaker 3: Try to capture video and let the parents know these kids are driving like this, because they're really there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: If you're weaving those things in and out, crossing through streaks around cars that are going forty five, right, that is life or death scenario. Yeah, because you guys have a pretty busy street right off the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: What's speed limit there, like forty five or fun?
Speaker 3: I think it could be forty I mean, but it's it's just the nature of things, like I see kids making horrible I've always talked about this with you, like, there's nothing to me more dangerous than a big wheel because kids just roll that out of the driveway. You can't when you're in especially people on smsuv, you don't see that kid down there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just man.
Speaker 3: You know there's been some golf cart accidents and stuff, and you know you police or paramedics pulling into the neighborhood over a scooter accident.
Speaker 4: I'm like, man, I just don't want it. I'm good. I'm just like, I don't want that in my life.
Speaker 3: How do you How is she taking it? Taking it pretty good? She's not interacting with me. But I don't care what John is not to be her best tie. My job is to be a good parent.
Speaker 4: What does Kat think?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, we talk about it.
Speaker 3: She's like, ultimately like, okay, I'll let you make the call on this one.
Speaker 4: Oh good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean because you know, in Oklahoma she was probably you know, on motorcycles at the age of five, right.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't so to me, it's like I don't look at my childhood and say I'm there.
Speaker 4: Must draw a parallel there because I did this.
Speaker 3: I must let them do this, right, because I did horrible things, as you know, because you were there doing them with me. You were on a motor you were on probably what she's talking about, riding it across town.
Speaker 4: Oh, we snuck cars out. I got pulled over.
Speaker 3: I was god, I was super young and I got pulled over by a Richardson police officer and me and Alvarez it's snuck out a car. We're probably thirteen, and I got pulled over not far from the house, and I'm like, how is this gonna go? And it ended up being a police officer that knew my family really well, so he didn't I didn't get I got in big trouble with my family, but I didn't get trouble with the law.
Speaker 4: Is it your parents car? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we weren't hot wearing cars like you guys.
Speaker 4: We were stealing our parents' cars.
Speaker 3: All right, it's a minute to get showed ninety seven point one the Eagle. Come on out here and join us at roller Town Beer Works. Coming up next, it's a brand new game called Celebrity Password Money Pyramid right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thank you for rolling with us today.
Speaker 3: We are coming to you live from Rollertown Beer Works in Solana, Texas. Rollertown Beer Works a brewery we're invested in, and it is Sumo weekend out here, so we're having a good good time with a bunch of sumo wrestlers drinking beer, getting ready for the tournament. We're gonna have the draft tonight and they're gonna like pull some trucks or something. Yeah, sumo truck pull is not the normal thing that you have p for a Friday evening, but we have it penciled in here, all right, and I'm not sure exactly what they're doing, but it's gonna be awesome. And look, like you said, the best thing to do is just plan to spend your next two days at Rollertown, right. I think that's the move, and you're gonna be in great, great shape. All right, we got the Today game coming up. We got some a KT analysis of the draft coming up, and around the sports. At five o'clock, we got a weekday update and uh, look, we're gonna be talking about that Cowboys draft. It's the big, big story of the day. And then we'll be joined by a very special guest. But right now it's time for a game show from skin. All right, thank you, Ben. We're gonna do a little thing called Celebrity Password Money Pyramid.
Speaker 4: So I have the top five money earners. These are actors money earners in the year twenty twenty four. Okay, actors, actors, Okay.
Speaker 3: And I have their amounts. I'm gonna go and reverse cowgirl order. We're gonna go five to one and I'm gonna try to get you to guess who it is, giving you one word password style, right, So before we kind of jump in, I want you to think about who you think are the biggest money earning actors that are out there. Okay, just kind of you have something in your database already. This is not gonna go well because I just don't remember name as well.
Speaker 4: Well, that's where I come in. I'm disease.
Speaker 3: I've got to get I've got to give you a clue that'll get it for you. And then if you can kind of like guess, like even if you don't get the name right, but I can tell you know who the dude is.
Speaker 4: I feel like you get it right, Christine? Are you ready on your end? Ready? All right? Number five the clue clause.
Speaker 3: Clause, So I guess it could be Zac Efron from the Von Eric movie.
Speaker 4: All right, Next, same guy Australian.
Speaker 3: Oh uh, Hugh Jackman, Yes, okay, Hugh Jackman had made fifty million last year, and I think it's because he gets a percentage of either that marvel thing he does or he might have also produced that song and dance.
Speaker 4: Movie thing he did.
Speaker 3: So if he made that much money, that means Ryan Reynolds made the exact same amount of money because he because he also they made the same movie together.
Speaker 4: Number four Ryan Reynolds, Christina, Wait, well you just I mean, he's not.
Speaker 6: I don't know. What do you want me to do?
Speaker 3: Well, he's wrong, so he'll the buzzer.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, do you want your clue? Ye see, I'm gonna have to say more than one word. I'm sorry. Oh, I'll say more than one word. Coffee in cars? Oh okay. Jerry Seinfeld. I don't really know why, but.
Speaker 3: He made sixty million last year. What he must have produced something or royalties on Seinfeld? Maybe I don't know what movie he would have produced?
Speaker 4: All right? Number three tiny tiny Okay, Tom Cruise, Tom Cruise Tiny. I'll give you another guess.
Speaker 3: Okay, annoying, tiny and annoying. A lot of people might disagree with me on this, I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, tiny and annoying.
Speaker 3: Uh okay, what call you call brother, I'll give you one more comedian.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, yeah, I'm picturing him Kevin Hart. Okay, do you find him annoying?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Man, he did this.
Speaker 3: He did this documentary thing with Chris Rock that his badass and made me really like him.
Speaker 4: And then I turned on NBA All Star Weekend and started hating him again. Oh no, he's just you know, but hey, oh he's like the jelly roll of comedy. He's everywhere. You're exactly right. Number two earlier, guess Brian Reynolds. He was good for eighty he was good for eighty five million last year.
Speaker 3: I mean if Hugh Jackman, I only thing I can think of Hugh Jackman doing is the thing with Ryan Reynolds. Yeah, Wolverine versus what Dark Milastic Man, cool guy, Daredevil?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 4: Dark Pool? Dead Pool? That Pool? God? I feel like Chris Arnold Deadpool. That's why I like that movie is so great.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then also he didn't didn't he do that TV series where they bought a soccer team or whatever?
Speaker 4: And right? Did he? I think he's got some with Ryan Reynolds. But I was talking about Hugh Jackman. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, for you to be on the list. That meant Ryan was definitely on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think Ryan probably made more because he had other things going, all right.
Speaker 4: Number one Clint Eastwood, Christina, mister.
Speaker 3: T.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like this. I don't even have to serve up guests.
Speaker 3: Eighty eight million presidential candidate, an actor who was a presidential candidate.
Speaker 4: Well that's the guess. Oh uh.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: You've always trying to tell me, but I couldn't read it, and I'm not looking because I want to get this.
Speaker 4: Is it Trump?
Speaker 3: He made seven billion last year? Okay, turned heel am, I right on that, Christina. Yeah, he's an actor who was a presidential candidate who now is a bad guy.
Speaker 4: Uh God leave. Oh Kanye.
Speaker 3: Kanye was born to heel oh oh uh yeah, oh okay, I know who it is. I'm picturing him, Aroma, I'm picturing him.
Speaker 4: He's huge and his name is John Cena. His name is the Rock.
Speaker 3: Do you think he would win the next election, I mean it would depend on what siety ran for. What if he ran as a moderate independent?
Speaker 4: I mean, uh, I don't know. I don't know, but I think he's very popular. I think he could run as a DEM or Republican and win.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 4: Uh, okay, there you go. There you got it. Okay, you did good. I did pretty good. Yeah, thank you. I don't think my clues were very good. No, they were really really good. You're patronizing me, all right?
Speaker 3: Coming up in just four minutes, we played the Today game here on The Eagle live from Roller Temper.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's been in Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. We are doing the show today on remote at Rollertown Beer Works in Solana. It's our big sumo wrestling tournament weekend. Come on out here and join us, big big doings. We'll have Corey from the Dallas Sumo Club jump on with us at five thirty. He can do a better job than us of explaining all the shenanigans. Now, Christina is back in town. We've missed her all week long. But you have big doings going on tomorrow, don't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So tomorrow this is kind of like an all day. It's the third annual Verma Fest to celebrate the great Mark Verma. Eagle listeners should definitely recognize that name. So he dedicated his life to like saving dogs. He worked with Pause in the city and he was on the eagle constantly, you know, trying to get dogs adopted and helping dogs. So again, this is to celebrate the great Mark Verma. Tomorrow, all proceeds are going to pause in the city and it's basically a metroplex y thing. It's starting at one o'clock up at Benders Sports and Spirits in Addison and then we're ending with some concerts and deep elum at Trees and Reno's chop Shop. So to get all that info, I really want everyone to join me. It's for a great cause. You can just go to Vermafest dot com. That's v e r m A Vermafest dot com.
Speaker 3: Love it Verma Fest dot com. Go be a part of a good cause, catch some music, see the homie Christina Kray.
Speaker 4: Look Corn Ray, look baby corn Red Ray and have you a good Saturday. But right now it's time for this. It's time to play theod Today game. It's a game, tad MC. Let's go take it away, you jack wagons.
Speaker 3: It is time to play the Today game for Today Friday, April the twenty fifth, and we will.
Speaker 4: Start with al Pacino. Who's eighty five?
Speaker 8: Do you want to play?
Speaker 4: What shut? It up to my all Right, when's the last time you saw Scarface?
Speaker 3: If I ever stumble across it, I'll watch it and i'd probably run across it every two years.
Speaker 4: Does it captivate you still? Oh? Yeah, I mean it's uh yeah, it's pretty good. And he's brilliant in it. You know who?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: I actually I think I like it better kind of a similar vein later movie. I like Carlito's way. Yeah, Carlito's way is great. That was great seeing that lady that which he leaves the door open? Did you get to see it?
Speaker 4: Christina?
Speaker 10: Have you in it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: I actually haven't.
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 4: You've never seen Scarface?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Have you ever listened to a solo Scarface record from the Ghetto Voice?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I haven't.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the year that Halloween fell on a weekend?
Speaker 4: All right? What year did you turn? Eighteen? Guys, Hank Azaria is sixty one? Has he been me tuned?
Speaker 9: He?
Speaker 4: Why? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just curious anybody anybody have a certain age. I'm curious if that's been meeting. But I thought about Roy Orbison.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Roy Orbison's a living saint who's now no longer with us. It's family big listeners. Yeah, they all live in Denton. I think it's National hung like a Plumber Day, I mean Hug a Plumber Day and crack the list. Oh well done. You totally pumped that in there. That's pretty good, dude.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you just got to plunge into the segment and see what.
Speaker 1: You can do.
Speaker 4: Is yeah, we should wipe it away.
Speaker 3: Well, wipe it away, hey man, I mean had a plumber joke. Well, for a second I thought I was on a roll. But what is this you guys seeing this Rick Flair thing on broom?
Speaker 4: What a great moment. Shout out to carry. By the way, where's freak Jesus when you need him? Those are two different shows happening.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: I was wondering why you weren't laughing at any of Kat's terrible puns.
Speaker 4: Weren't that good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was just totally running out of steam. It was like, can anything on the.
Speaker 4: Internet save us?
Speaker 3: Pull us out of this hole, tow us out of it. Yeah, shout out to freak Jesus. It's National Hug of Plumber Day on this day in the Year of Our Lord nineteen eighty seven. You two's the Joshua Tree hit number one. Now let's go to Christina for you two analysis.
Speaker 4: Do you like the Joshua Tree?
Speaker 6: You know, I saw them. They are great live. Otherwise I'm okay. Oh I'm not a big Youtwo fan. Again, I'll go see them live. That will change your perspective a little bit. But I'm gonna hit next when they come on.
Speaker 4: So but hold on. You have two choices to listen to. Okay, you can either listen to YouTube or YouTube or YouTube whatever song or Red Tube or Fish.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna choose Fish. Really well, am I drinking or anything?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 3: I would like to maintain this Fish nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a band that your average music fan cannot name a single song they've ever performed or recorded.
Speaker 6: I don't say a single.
Speaker 3: A single song like hey, man, like your average listener, just people that listen to music all the time.
Speaker 4: A man, name one Fish song? Okay they can't.
Speaker 6: Nope, that's fair.
Speaker 3: Can you name one Fish song? Did you just say him in Cotton Gin bathed up Gin and Waste.
Speaker 6: They played Waste live and it's an incredibly great song.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go. Let's go and then finally, it is World Phone Day. Oh a phone is ringing. That's all you need, man, That's it.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's the whole thing that is the Today game.
Speaker 3: Good luck to all of our nominees. I know it's one of the most important moments in all of your lives. Coming up next, let's get back to the Cowboys Draft and we'll do around the Sports next live from Rollertown and Solina, and we'll do it with an audio report with KT's analysis of the Cowboys draft pick in the first round. That's coming away next live from Rollertown in Solana, Texas.
Speaker 4: Oh Yes, Happy Friday, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show coming to you live from Salina, Texas on remote it Rollertown beer Works of Brewery. We're invested in and super stoked to be out here because it is sue Mo Weekend Sumo Weekend free Sumo Wrestling. You can actually come to Salina and witness free sumo wrestling all day tomorrow from about eleven am to about six or seven pm thanks to the Dallas Sumo Club. This is gonna be awesome, So we're very excited about that. It's off the chain, baby, This segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. There's only one location of Andrews, but it's so good. It was named best PIZZAI and DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News skin.
Speaker 4: Why are people flocking to Andrews.
Speaker 3: I think it's that they have five different styles of pizza and they're all delicious.
Speaker 4: They've mastered them all.
Speaker 3: Philly Tavern style, Chicago, Detroit, New York style, they have their own style Dallas Pizza soythy like thick or thin crust. They have it all, great pasta dishes and an awesome bar as well, right there in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. All right, we're gonna spend a lot of time getting into the Cowboys draft here in the five o'clock hour, and that's why right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Now, let's go around the sports KG twins as all the sports.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, all right, we witnessed We mentioned this earlier that KT is not with us today. Kat had to go and we're not supposed to share this because of Bippo laws, but you may know this KT had earlier. This year because he was doing a TV show for the Mavericks. He went in and got Brazilian butt implants. Yeah, and it did not go well. There was an infection. At first, he liked it because it was extra plump, and then he realized, this is out of control. I can't even sit down. So KT is getting the air let out of those butt balloons.
Speaker 4: Fatally it's corrective antal surgery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, exactly. He can't get enough of it now. I mean his proctologist is like, get this guy out of my office. He's dying to get me in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so that's why KT couldn't be with us today, right, But we demanded of him since we do pay him so much money that even on his off day during surgery, he recorded kind.
Speaker 4: Of his thoughts.
Speaker 3: He's become our draft goo and look at him over the great Great it's Kevin Turner.
Speaker 4: So we've got audio.
Speaker 3: This is Kevin Turner with his pre recorded thoughts on the Cowboys and their new rookie draft pick. Here he is Kevin Turner talking about Tyler Booker.
Speaker 5: I am Kevin Turner reporting live from FM the Future of Media. Let's get to the nuts and balls of last night's pick, Tyler Booker actually kind.
Speaker 2: Of like it.
Speaker 5: He's fantastic, immediate starter, team captain, and by all accounts, a great dude. Sure it's boring, but boring is better than crappy. Tyler Booker is one of the safest picks in the draft. We're talking Trojan d Rex Lifestyles. He's a protector. Allowing zero Saxon College. They would have taken Tedo at McMillan, the wide receiver from Arizona, but he went at number eight to Carolina. They tried to trade down, but as always, you gotta have a dance partner, so their head was in the right spot. Good job, hot Dog boys. All right, So here's what we need to accomplish tonight and tomorrow. We need a cornerback, a running back, a wide receiver, and preferably a new mascot. You have picked forty four and seventy six. At wide receiver, Luther Burden from Missouri makes sense. At running back, you have the two Ohio State running backs, Trevon Henderson and quin Shawn Judkins. Henderson is a star home run machine. He is a great pass protector, excellent player. He'd be perfect I don't think he'll be there. Quin Shawn Judkins is more of a grinder, not a guy who gets on the app grinder.
Speaker 4: He's not gay, he's blind, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 5: Other big stories from night one, Shador Sanders has a thousand people and a camera crew following him out of the ranch in Canton, Texas only did not get selected. Saints drafted Texas tackle Kelvin Banks And if you watch the footage closely on the fam cam, a baby spits up a buttload or breast milk all over the place. It's one aff sucking guyser. Also shout out to Gray Zabel Guard from North Dakota State. He was drafted eighteen by the Seahawks and he had a Settlers of Catan set up in his living room with his family when he got the call.
Speaker 4: Wonderful. Just a big nerd love it.
Speaker 5: And also Matthew Golden to the packers, wink, all right, that'll do it for me. Live from Draft h Q, reminding you that it used to be called a jump aline before your mom got on it.
Speaker 4: How about that that's a really good draft download.
Speaker 3: How about that he said it used to be called a jump aline before your mom got on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn, that's great.
Speaker 3: By the way, I you know he was talking about the needs, and I know that you were talking about hearing Stephen Jones earlier. And did you you saw Stephen Jones say that we don't need a running back.
Speaker 4: Right man?
Speaker 3: That's very troubling, all right? So I looked it up because I didn't want to be talking out a turn. I believe that if let's just say Bookers has advertised, okay, I believe that if they still had Rico Dwdell and he was healthy, he's a twelve to thirteen hundred yard running back.
Speaker 4: Sure behind he was a thousand DoD last year.
Speaker 3: Und yes, And also keep in mind earlier in the year he wasn't getting the carries. So do you know what Carolina paid him for a one year deal?
Speaker 4: Was it seven six million? But not even close? I looked it up. Two point seventy five million?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Yes, I just looked it up because I couldn't remember. So if the Cowboys had kept him at three million dollars behind this line, I really feel like they would not have to worry about drafting a running back now if the guy's there and you like him, you take him.
Speaker 4: I get all that.
Speaker 3: But that thing that Stephen uh said earlier Stephen Jones said earlier is wrong. They don't currently have any running backs. I think the guy they got from Denver is washed up.
Speaker 4: Uh And and they got booked. No, they got Miles Sanders due.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't have a good running back room.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that. I think dadles like a top ten running back. But he was good, and he had and he had moves, and he was shifty, and if he was behind a good line and healthy, he would get you plenty of yards.
Speaker 4: So you're saying you're questioning their team building.
Speaker 3: Basically, Yes, why that undefeated they would they go to the NFC Championship.
Speaker 4: Game every year.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous that you couldn't pay that guy that you saw run behind an injured line.
Speaker 4: You couldn't pay him two point seven this year. No, that's good. I thought it was more than that. They suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough to be a cowboy fan. The best thing that ever happened to Jerry Jones is the MAVs traded Luca the minute Because all we were doing was talking about Okay, uh you wait, you tried to keep McCarthy and then you and then he said no, So you lost McCarthy. You wanted to keep him he said no to you, and were like, Okay, you idiots, go have the greatest, most exhaustive Cowboys head coaching search in the world. Go talk to all the biggest candidates because you're America's team.
Speaker 4: But they didn't.
Speaker 3: They just chose the guy with his cubicle closest to McCarthy's empty office.
Speaker 4: They're like, hey, what about that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody was looking at Shady to be a head coach. Nobody was considering that. I'm sure he's a great guy, but nobody was.
Speaker 4: Looking at him.
Speaker 3: And the Cowboys are like, dude, we could just move his office one over or keep him in that cubicle.
Speaker 4: Let's hire Shoddy and so do ude.
Speaker 3: It's like that was a full on dumpster fire, and it's like, finally people are getting realizing this is year thirty since the Cowboys have been in the NFC Championship game. I think it was all building up and then Luca got traded and everybody goes, oh, look a baby wolf.
Speaker 4: When they forgot Jerry was standing there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this has worked out really well for the Cowboys. But honestly, I think Jerry is jealous. I think Jerry would rather everybody dump on him than not talk about it. You know what, You're probably rather you know, no, they like that, Jee, Well, you talk about these things, and I want you to remember what we did in the past. So I don't know the NFL the way I know the NBA. So I don't know who all the up and coming coaches are. But I do know that the guy who just said boring is better than crappy. Kt fun tweets he says, we've hired a lot of young coaches oh on the staff. Yeah, everybody seems to be impressed with some of the assistance.
Speaker 4: I just don't know anything about them.
Speaker 3: But you hired a head coach who wasn't in consideration for any other head coaching job, right, and you hired him because you're comfortable with him and familiar with him.
Speaker 4: It's what they do.
Speaker 3: And you just weren't happy with Mike McCarthy and what he was doing, yet you still tried to keep him, and then you swung and missed on him and just took like one of the generals from his army, like none of it makes any sense whatsoever.
Speaker 4: You know, it's awesome about the McCarthy thing.
Speaker 3: They were gonna settle for him, and he overplayed his hand and he's back in a barn. It was two guys overplaying their hands simultaneously. The Cowboys ended up with Schottenheimer and McCarthy ended up in a barn.
Speaker 4: All right, coming up next.
Speaker 3: In less than four minutes, I was shocked to see a star player on the Cowboys. What his brother said on my timeline right next to what he said, I'm gonna tell you what it is next. All right, it's been a skinshow. Coming to your line from Rollertown Beer Works in Salana, Texas. Out here to celebrate Sumo Weekend, a free sumo wrestling tournament taking place all eight tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Dallas Sumo Club makes some noise there. It is nice Dallas Sumo Club in the house. We got a goose over there, all the way from Australia. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Good day might good day, might throw another shrimp on the ball is immediately put out with us. Middlege of my son, which so ass And that's the problem when you talk trash to a professional wrestler. It's not smart. No, you're not smart.
Speaker 4: Look at you. I did that too.
Speaker 3: No one's ever accused us of being smart. But we're so grateful for these guys. He came all the way from Australia, just an absolute badass.
Speaker 4: The whole crew is here. We're so grateful. It's gonna be a fun weekend.
Speaker 3: But sports wise, our attention is on the NFL Draft, and tonight Travis Frederick will be picking the second round pick and third round pick for.
Speaker 4: The Dallas cattol Right.
Speaker 3: He could he could get He could go up there to the podium and say whatever name they tell him to, or he can say whatever name me and skin text him.
Speaker 4: Oh I like that.
Speaker 3: I don't even really followed the draft. I'll just there's Travis Riderick right there on that wall. He's one of our owners of Rollertown Beer, the Giant Beard glorious there, so does he Uh you know, I'm sure the Cowboys would be upset with him, but he was such a good play it probably wouldn't be upset for long. Let's touch base with KT and find out who they should take. Oh I like that, and then we'll just text drafts and say, hey, no matter what the name is, take this draft this guy. Okay, speaking of the draft, the Cowboys did get their guy. They went with the guard Tyler Booker out of Alabama. The guy sounds like he was made in a laboratory. Sounds like he's gonna be a can't miss guard for them, who's gonna be really really good. He's a leader, team captain type guy. Bama guys are nasty to Oh yeah, and dude.
Speaker 4: They've already been playing at a pro level.
Speaker 3: Every one of their matchups is you know, they're playing really really good teams. So anyways, that's a It's not a sexy pick anytime you take an offensive lineman, but it's a smart pick. You know, it's like, the better your offensive line, the whole offense works. If you look at where the Cowboys are at their strongest now, it's guard through guard guard, center guard. And that's what Romo wanted. Romo wanted the pocket to not collapse from in the middle pocket. And now you have Dak Prescott who can't move anymore, so he needs the pocket to not collapse from the middle.
Speaker 4: So that's very smart to.
Speaker 3: Protect to protect their seven hundred billion dollar investment at quarterback. You know, we're not far from where Dak works out in his private workout spot at Salona High School.
Speaker 4: Let's go work out with him. Him and Cde go up there and run routes. And I don't know if any other.
Speaker 3: Receivers are invited because there's not any on the team besides ce I Wonday run around out there, you know. And that's the thing I heard Stephen Jones today. He was on the fan. He was talking about they don't know if they need a running back, and he's like, yeah, we feel like we got guys who could step up and be a number two receiver.
Speaker 4: I don't see it. I don't see that. So question is what are they going to draft?
Speaker 3: But I do know this Yesterday Micah Parsons reaction when they didn't get you know, Ted, the big six to four wide receiver that they wanted out of Arizona, right McMillan, that's who everybody really really wanted, apparently, and Micah did too. Now, Mike ended up warming up to the Tyler Booker pick when he had him on, and he was blown away by some of his answers. But anyways, I always watch professional athletes family members and watch how they react on social media. And in the past, I've always thought, man, that's really indicative of how the player thinks, because I've seen it. I've known professional athletes who have siblings or whatever, and they're saying what the pro athlete can't say on social media. But I don't think that's what's happening with Terrence Parsons Junior Michaeh Parsons brother. So this is my timeline yesterday. These are back to back tweets. He said, f this team and Micah Parson said LFG go time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So one post is Micah Parsons being very very excited about Tyler Bookie, their new rookie. I'm sorry, Tyler Booker, their new rookie. And the very next post on my timeline is Terrence Parsons Junior, his brother pooping.
Speaker 4: All over the pig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just you know, and so I just to me, I'm not ever gonna read anything Terrence Parsons Junior says and think it has anything to do with the way that Micah feels. And Mike pointed that out. He's like, we're different people, we have different opinions. And I used to think that Terence Parsons junior opinion must have been informed by whatever his brother's telling him.
Speaker 4: But now I don't really feel that way.
Speaker 3: No, I don't either, And you know, I guess I'm seen it with the with some NBA stuff. It's like the parent or the brother a lot of times that just having that last name is their chance for anybody to pay attention to them. Yeah, because otherwise they're just a person out there in the world. So if they can, I mean, it just seems to me. I don't follow that guy. But the stuff I've seen the last couple of years, he's like, hey, everyone should look at me now.
Speaker 4: My last name is Parsons. I mean, come on, where's my career? So yeah, you never know what these folks, Yeah, you never know, all right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next line from Brollertown Beer Works, we are joined by a very special guest. You do not want to miss this. Why did somebody start a sumo club in Dallas? Let's ask him, let's find out. Next line from Brollertown, it's the line of Boom Happy Friday on in the Eagle ninety seven point one The Eagle Hope everybody has awesome, awesome plans this weekend.
Speaker 4: I know what we're going to be doing.
Speaker 3: This is the Ben and Skin Show and we're broadcasting live from Rollertown Beer Works in Salina, Texas. It's a brewer that we're invested in and we're super happy to be here today of this remote broadcast. And the reason we're here is Rollertown is promoting a sumo weekend.
Speaker 4: This is something that started I don't know.
Speaker 3: Four years ago now, yeah, this year, four year four of a sumo wrestling tournament that is real sumo wrestling, and it all came together because of the Dallas Sumo Club, and the Dallas Sumo Club is something that we.
Speaker 4: Now know very well. They're our family.
Speaker 3: And the leader of the Dallas Sumo Club, I don't know if there's an official title, but he's the leader, Corey Morrison joins us.
Speaker 4: Now, how you doing, Corey Man? I am doing great.
Speaker 8: It's so fun to be out here half naked in front of the people of Salina doing sumo. Who are you normally half naked in front of well, she's over there, the Oka Club. But hey, look, so we are super stoked to be out here for a for a fourth year in a row doing sumo and Roller Town has helped us so much. They I think you guys just are as crazy as we are and want to get the want to push American sumo forward. Yes, it's a great match, it's a great partnership, and we'll get into more on that. But it like for people listening throughout Dallas Fort Worth, they probably are thinking what I thought initially, and and again I'm sorry, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 4: That is what I thought. Initially.
Speaker 3: I was like, I heard we were doing sumo, and my brother Jonathan was telling us about it, and we're like, okay, awesome. So they put on the suits and they get in there, and he goes, no, no, this is proper sumo wrestling. We reached out to the Japanese Consulate of Dallas. They told us about the Dallas Sumo Club, and so I didn't know what to expect. The moment I witnessed it and saw it, I fell in love and I realized how cool it was. All I didn't know that about the circle and that you had to push a guy out of the circle. And now I watched such craftsmanship and I was witnessing like a true culture, and I was so impressed with the Dallas Sumo Club and what you guys were able to do, and so we were off to the races with this magical partnership. But I want to ask you this for people listening throughout Dallas Fort Worth right now, why start a sumo club?
Speaker 4: Well, that sounds like something there's not a good answer for.
Speaker 8: Because it was needed Dallas. Dallas, Texas did not have a sumo club. There is other sumo clubs that have been around a little bit longer. There's a Mighty Eagle in San Antonio, we got Dark Circle in Austin, we got show Geky in Houston, and look, we needed.
Speaker 4: To fill that void. And there is a lot of lot of strong dudes and girls in Dallas.
Speaker 8: That love to get rowdy, fight, tear it up. And there's also a huge, huge presence of Japanese people within DFW, and it was just a good fit. Df w's rowdy and there's a lot of different cultures going on and we thought it'd be a great fit. We didn't originally want to do it. We got a little bit bullied into it, but obviously it's been good so far.
Speaker 4: But there there's got to be some entry point if you're just tuning in. This is Cory Morrison. He heads up. What is the title? We say you were heading up the Dallas Sumo Club. Is there an official.
Speaker 8: Title for this?
Speaker 4: It is it's oyakata figured.
Speaker 3: Because you guys have an official title for things, and I don't know the vernacular, and I feel stupid, But how did you get into this in the first place?
Speaker 4: So the first my first.
Speaker 8: Exposure to sumo was I was working a government job. Big shout out. My coworkers are doing the broadcast from that job.
Speaker 4: They're doing it.
Speaker 8: They're doing it for the Rollertown showed on SZUMO tournament this weekend. So it was during COVID. There was a lot of downtime. Luke, if you're listening, I'm sorry. I was on YouTube a lot when I should have been working, and uh something popped up in the sidebar. It was called It was a documentary called Wave of the Wolf and it was about a uh suma wrestler called Chiono Fuji who looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger. I I had that Western perspective, you know, two fat guys and diapers. Yeah, this guy Japanese Arnold Schwarzenegger, handsome, ripped Strong watched that, took it to the girlfriend and was like, hey, I think we might be sumo fans now.
Speaker 4: She watched it totally agreed.
Speaker 8: We went down to Austin, got our butts kicked, said let's just be fans. Then we went to a tournament, saw how many sumo wrestlers are all across the United States.
Speaker 4: They descended on Austin. We were so we had to make a club after that. Okay, Dallas had to have some representation in that fight.
Speaker 3: You started dabbling and wrestling a little bit, and then you're like, let's create our own thing exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, we are talking Toling I got beat. Okay, they broke my ribs and made me throw up really like that. That sounds rough. Okay, that sounds fun. I want to do that more so. We're talking to Oi Yakata from the Did I get that right? Okay?
Speaker 3: Bro the Dallasumo Club Corey Morrison. He starts this sumo club. It's now large, and man, it is really cool to see how many members there are, how passionate people are about it, and we get to dip into that culture.
Speaker 4: We'll be doing that all week in here.
Speaker 3: But there's also like if you if people don't know, explain to us who your VIP guest is from Japan.
Speaker 8: So we wanted to do this tournament a little bit differently, and we wanted to not only push sumo forth in Dallas, but bring it from jap to Dallas directly mainline it.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: And so one of our friends who is a former professional sumo wrestler, his name is Gagamadu.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: He reached the rank of komo subi, which is really high within professional sumo.
Speaker 4: He's a crazy guy.
Speaker 6: Just like us.
Speaker 4: He loves Dallas. He's a party boy.
Speaker 8: He's a great wrestler and a good friend.
Speaker 4: And he was like, I think I'll come to that.
Speaker 8: That sounds fun and let me show you the ways of pro sumo and uh so he did that and it's been wonderful. Rollertown was crazy enough to take a chance to help us to fly him out and so, uh, now he's familiar with the staff, he's familiar with you guys, he's familiar with the fans that show up.
Speaker 4: We partied with him.
Speaker 3: Now crazy yeah, uh, okay, So explain how what the tournament was before and what it is now since Gaga Maru has been involved.
Speaker 8: So uh, just American sumo in general has been getting better and better and bigger every year. In the in the nineties late eighties, there was a bit of a surge because there was a lot of Hawaiians doing sumot at professional sumo at the top level, people like a ke Bono, Koniski, Musashi Madu. You could. You used to build a tune into ESPN and watch some sumo.
Speaker 4: They all went away after they retired. There was a huge dip.
Speaker 8: And now, for whatever reason, sumo has caught fire, and uh, it is blowing up all over the United States. And I'm super happy to say that Texas is leading that charge. There is more active sumo wrestlers within Texas than anywhere else in the United States of America.
Speaker 4: It's amazing, all right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, let's find out how Corey ended up being with the Dallas Sumo Club on the cover of Texas Monthly magazine.
Speaker 4: We'll do that next. Ah. Yes, it is the been in skin show.
Speaker 3: Now some point one the Eagle and we are hanging out today at Rollertown Beer Works in Solina, Texas.
Speaker 4: And it's extra special because this is.
Speaker 3: Our big sumo weekend we have a huge sumo tournament going down tomorrow. It's an all day event. You got to come out and to kind of put you in the right frame of mind. We're joined by our buddy Corey Morrison of the Dallas Sumo Club. And where I want to go with this, Corey, is you know what this tournament has turned into?
Speaker 4: What it's become.
Speaker 3: You guys have people from all over, so kind of give me a rundown of the some of the folks who have traveled the furthest.
Speaker 4: To be here and be a part of this tournament.
Speaker 8: Look, so we got people from California, New York, Kansas, Chicago, Australia, Canada, Japan, I mean literally all over the United States. But we got a ton of people from all over that want to do sumo in Solina.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Why do you think this thing has turned into a tournament that someone from Australia, Like I met Goose from Australia. Great dude, Why would Goose from Australia want to come to this tournament? So the way we format this tournament is a little different than most tournaments. Most tournaments work exactly like every other combat sports tournament. It's like single elimination, double elimination, Roller Towns Showdown Sumo tournament is more like an homage to professional sumo. So in Japan, whenever they're doing professional sumo, they do a tournament every other month starting in January, and you fight once a day for fifteen days in.
Speaker 8: A row, every day all fifteen. We wanted to emulate that by doing fifteen matches in one day. Okay, So a lot of the times when you go to these tournaments, unfortunately, maybe you're having a bad day and you drop two matches. Well, Syinaro, that's it. I just flew to Florida or wherever, and I my first two matches weren't that great. Here, you're guaranteed fifteen matches the day of and the day before today Friday, we do a training session and we ask that you do a minimum of ten and up to fifteen so you get your money's worth. It's for we like to say this one's for the boys. Okay, obviously it's unix. The women are invited, but in the general sense, it's for the boys. It's for people who love sumo who want to fight it. It's it's been called the best sumo tournament the best party disguised as a sumo t.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I you know, one of my favorite things. First of all, I didn't really know what to expect, but then when you watch the matches, you realize that they're so short because if somebody gets pushed out of that circle, it's over, and so they don't go on for it. It's not like a wrestling event like American wrestling anything like that. And then when you have guys from different weight classes squaring off against each other, that's a lot of fun too. And so one of my favorite memories from this tournament is you had like the biggest guy in the tournament fighting the smallest guy and he's just pushing him out of the circle as if you know, he's a wafer thin cracker that fell on the floor.
Speaker 4: And then the little tiny kid grabbed.
Speaker 3: Onto the giant's leg and held on like it was a tree trunk, and he couldn't shake him off and get him out of the circle. Like the whole place, he erupted and went crazy, And that's an experience I never would have expected, But that's kind of the magic.
Speaker 4: Of this tournament, right totally.
Speaker 8: So in Professional Zoom, Professional sumo. There are no weight classes in amateur sumo. What we do whenever you go to a tournament, maybe a national tournament or whatever. Of course there still is open weight at the end of the tournament, but there are weight classes, and we wanted to do open weight, open gender. Doesn't matter who you are, what you wrap, come lay it out on the doho. That and by the way, the doho is what we do sumo in. It's that circle.
Speaker 4: I thought it was like a way that rappers talk about money. Give me the dough yo. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh so that's that's the fun part. It doesn't matter it. Little can beat big and he it happens all the time.
Speaker 3: That's the beauty of open weight, all right. So right in front of you, that's Gaga Maru right there right. Did I pronounce his name Crest?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, an.
Speaker 3: Absolute legend uh sumo wrestler, legendary sumo wrestler. But if you look at him right now, he looks so fit and so thin. You know, he was autographing some pictures where he was much larger. So how heavy was he? And what is the diet of a Japanese professional sumo wrestler of that size?
Speaker 8: So uh Goago Gaga used to be very very heavy, like uh, I think, uh four one hundred kilograms. I'm I'm not sure where that translates to him. I don't do metrics, but but big boy, yeah, big boy all the way from the country of Georgia competing in Japanese professional sumo wrestling.
Speaker 4: He held his own.
Speaker 8: He did great generally. I mean it's just car bloating and it's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of beer. So normally, normally a normal day in.
Speaker 8: Sumo and sumo is it's like joining the military, becoming a monk.
Speaker 4: That's all you do. You don't have another job.
Speaker 8: You wake up in the morning on an empty stomach, maybe have some coffee or whatever.
Speaker 4: And then you're kicking each other's butts for hours. And then after that eat.
Speaker 8: As much as possible, drink as much as possible, take a big old fat nap. After you wake up from that, eat more, sleep more, wake up again, wake up, do it all over again.
Speaker 3: It sounds like the life of a bear, it really, do you know what I'm saying? Yeah, man, living the good life. There's our buddy Corey from Dallas Sumo Club. So we're gonna have a draft, right after the show and then we're gonna so is it it's gonna be teams like East first West or what?
Speaker 4: How does it separate it? So that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 8: It again, it's an homage to pro sumo, and in professional sumo there's there's no teams.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's groups that practice together and stuff stables.
Speaker 8: And we wanted to make a little homage to the East and West sides on professional sumo. Generally the better people go on the East.
Speaker 4: Uh so my team will be the East.
Speaker 8: I don't know, I think.
Speaker 4: Yours is the East road. Let's go. I know, I think it was. Yeah, I don't know. I did Wait he is East. Sorry, we had a blockbuster trade last year too. Oh, I remember we had a big trade.
Speaker 8: So it is a team tournament and a solo tournament at the same time. You want to accumulate those points for your team by winning. The more points you win, the better your team does, and the losing team buys the winning team of beer as his tradition at Rollertown show Down Sumo tournament.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: History, and dude, it's so great being in the tap room and you're just hanging out. People are having beers on a Friday, got get got done working, and then a sumo wrestler just walks by.
Speaker 4: It's pretty normal, you know, and it's just awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, So in terms of we do have some sumo royalty in the house too, don't We have the American Heavyweight champion who we got so big.
Speaker 4: We got some guys with hardware here, right, So.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna give a little I'm gonna take time to give a little personal Dallas Sumo Club shout out. You gotta do it in two minutes. We got our friend, our friend. We have our student, mel and Hayden. They're both here. They both won gold, they're both national champions, and they're going to compete in Thailand in September for the World Sumo Championships.
Speaker 4: And we couldn't be more proud. Dallas, Dallas, Baby, Yeah, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: And if you go and look at the Dallas Sumo Club Instagram and the Rollertown Instagram, Bene made some videos and you'll actually get to see him. He's got the great line, it's I will win sumo if he says I show up. So should he be the number one pick of our draft? Well, I mean, he is the heavyweight national champion. Why you ask you such a question? I question your draft strategy. All right, Corey, thank you so much, dude. We're looking forward to this weekend. If you're listening, you're just getting off work. Get up here, hang with us tonight, hang with us all day tomorrow. This is the Roller Town Sumo Showdown. There ain't nothing like it. The Dallas Sumo Club does it big.
Speaker 4: They do it right. We got a lot of sumos in the house, lots.
Speaker 3: Of beer to drink, delicious food with mule or wag you and come on out and get your picture taken with some sumos.
Speaker 4: Corey, thank you so much, dude. It's gonna be awesome. Do he got tho gozaion mos? Hey? Wait wait super quick.
Speaker 3: If someone wants more information on Dallas Sumo Club, maybe we've got a big old boy or gal.
Speaker 4: Right now that's listening and wants to join. What can they do?
Speaker 8: Hey, look up Dallas Sumo Club on anything Dallas Sumo Club dot org.
Speaker 4: We are DFW's most violent nonprofit. Yeah, and we should say this too. The whole thing is free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all free. It's all free, except well, the beer is not so. Thank you, Corey. Come on out, everybody, we're gonna have a really good time. That's gonna do it for us this week. Thank you for giving us your ears. We do always appreciate it. We'll be back on Monday, and no doubt KT will have lots of good Cowboys draft intel for you. I'll never forget the time KT represented the Cowboys in the draft. Hey look Jerry Jones dead in his eye and he said Neil Pelicans have a throat pouch. And that confused everyone, and the Cowboys had a special teams draft. All right, stick around for more music right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 4: Here you going, well, I'm gonna get my stock back, dude, all right,