Speaker 1: I love you are about to witness amazing Emo has something living Mon's pasty of all time.
Speaker 2: Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your last.
Speaker 3: Then you did it.
Speaker 2: Then you did it.
Speaker 4: There you did.
Speaker 5: Allowed to play, Allowed to play, allowed to come to play.
Speaker 2: Propos the words the.
Speaker 4: Sun is rising, God, wake up, wake up now, don't borry. We're all here to show you how Janny witz holses glostation k m mot home. Listen, it's a family be don't turn that down. Just wait and see. Are you ready? Are you ready to jo It's time to start to show Lastick the client about west come. It's a big man Mary show. Welcome to the work in week It's not such a bore kick that made up the top in make it hardcore. Hang you whisby and then mess picked up your phone, dead line, you're on the air.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 2: I guess the computer had a case of the mondays. But we're going to go ahead and do best and worst of the weekend. This is where we talk about the best part of the weekend the worst part of the weekend. But first, good morning Lindsay.
Speaker 6: Good morning Corbin. Hey, if you're listening to Okaymody on the free iHeartRadio app into the contest tab and sign yourself up to win tickets to shows like Breaking Benjamin at the Walmart Amphitheater. We got your tickets there. That show is on a Tuesday, October thirteenth. They're performing with Chavelle and Star Set. So if you want to win tickets, all you gotta do is hit up that contest tap.
Speaker 2: Like I said, good morning, give me oh good morning, gormand don't forget to join us this Friday, do a little day drinking down a Fat Daddy's on eighty first Immemorial. That's our next stop on our cleats and cold ones. Be there from two to four. Come on down, get you a nice school course, a light, and sign up for those tickets to a live soccer match. All right, best and worst the weekend? What's the best thing that happened this weekend? And the worst thing that happened this weekend? Bm My mask at whatever that is to eight, two, nine, four or five? What's the best? In what's the worst?
Speaker 6: Lindsay the best spending time with friends and family over the holiday weekend and the worst no fireworks, not at all, no show due to the storm on Saturday. We did make it to the marina on time before it started raining, and we thought, okay, we'll just grab a bite to eat inside the restaurant at White Honk Cove, and we got an appetizer, finished eating it, and then they were like, no, we got to evacuate you guys. It's getting way too bad. We're nervous now, especially after last week storm. So they're like, everyone too at a time on the ramp, and so we did that. I took a child, Kevin took a child, and we're walking down the ramp. It's pouring so hard. I took my hat off just so I could use it to keep grip on the railing of this ramp and.
Speaker 2: Crazy they just sent you out into it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, they didn't want us to get stuck in case it blew away.
Speaker 2: What if you blow away?
Speaker 6: I know, I know, lucky we could swim, I guess. And so we just ended up staying in the camper on Saturday night because we didn't want to drive home.
Speaker 2: And do you guys have a camper out there too?
Speaker 6: Our friends do, and they were in North Carolina for the weekend, so if they're not, they're like, yeah, feel free to use it.
Speaker 2: So it was the camper.
Speaker 6: No, not too bad. I mean it was really just raining so hard, but yeah, we didn't want to drive in that fast.
Speaker 2: And worst of the weekend. What's the best part of the weekend? What's the worst part of the weekend? Bmms and whatever that is to eight two nine four five gimb what's the best and what's the worst? Man, I tell you start off with the worst. The worst part of the weekend would have been Friday, right, me and my lady we're heading out to Grand Lake to hang out with some friends for the weekend, and hopped on the bike and got everything all loaded up. We got maybe an hour away from the house. Right, So we're an hour from the house and a damn valve stem on my back tire on the bike took a cramp on me. Didn't blow out, didn't run anything over. We were just kind of riding along and then you kind of feel a little shake a little bit and you're like, okay, that's a little weird. Maybe it's the wind. And then that shake got to SIMI in and it was like, okay, something definitely isn't right here, So pull over to the side of the road. Checking to make sure I didn't run over anything. It's a brand new tire. I just got that like maybe two months ago, right, So brand new tire. And I was like, I don't don't think it blue out, and everything seems fine. I didn't see any any punctures, right, didn't run over any nails in the highway or anything. And so I called my brother to come save my ass yet again. That guy has bailed me out so many times when it comes to two bikes and whatnots Every bike that I've had, actually he's had to come and pick me up. I figured that out over the weekend. Every bike I've had, he's had to come pick me up at some point in time. So all right, cool, that's cool. Man, get it loaded up on the trailer, and we had to wait an hour sitting on the side of the road in the blazing hot sun. Right, and I'm out there, jeans, sleeveless shirt cut hot au right, got all the gear, all the gear man, and and we just after we waited for forty five minutes is how long it took for him to get there. And we get it loaded up and get it to taking over to action where I get all my stuff done and hoping, hoping that maybe they can get it done within like a couple hours or whatever. Well it is, it is the friday before the holiday. They're closed on Saturday. Sure, they're not open Sunday or today, So I can't get my bike back until tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow or whatever. And I'm like, ah, balls, So all week with that, all weekend without the bike, which is okay, you know, went back to the house, got the car, hung out for a little while just to see if they were going to be able to do it. They can't get it in, Like all right, cool, I'll just come and get it on Tuesday. So went out to the lake at a great time. The best part of the weekn actually happened this morning. Right, it was going to be hanging out at the lake, right, But but this is so awesome. My oldest boy is having his third child today, right, They're at the hospital right now having a baby. And I asked him, I was like, Jay, guys, ever come up with a name? He said, yeah, we're gonna name it after you. Gimpy. Yeah, I know he's gonna be Gimpy the third How awesome is that? Right? Because my youngest boy is named after me, and then so this will be the third. And I was like that that pleases my heart so much. And I says, I need you to do me a favor, though, man, he says, what's them? I said, just make sure when when he's having his own kids at that name carries on down the line. So and he said, it'll go on for centuries. And I love it. I love it so gay Lord, I can't. I think that is so awesome, man, I am. I am really excited. He should have been like, why did it take three times? Why didn't you do it the first time? They ran out of names. They're like, a like, I don't know what we're gonna call this. I'm like, you can call them Gary. But now they decided to go with Gaylord instead. So that's that's cool. That makes me very a very eventful day. Yeah, tell me about it. Bensty works the weekend. What's the best part of the weekend. What's the worst part of the weekend? Bmms and whatever that is to eight, two, nine, four five. Best part of the weekend was going to a friend's house and they barbecued and got in their pool and hung out and it was awesome. Nice, perfect amount of water heat, right, nice combo we bought, uh they sell Little Tito's Airport bottles. Yeah, and so we bought a couple four packs of those to make cocktails at poolside, which was you know perfect. And me being the weather nerd, I started getting all these alerts on my phone because it wasn't supposed to happen to like ten thirty eleven o'clock, and it was supposed to be just a kind of storm, and so I got these alerts from my other weather army and it was like, oh no. I was like, they're like, it's gonna be it should be fine. I was like, it's not gonna be fine, man, it is gonna be chaos. I lived kind of northwest of town, and it was sure enough it was. I got changed right then. I was like I'm done. I got a right, give me some coffee, because well, I didn't want to get stuck there. And they were like, oh, it's not gonna rain like ten minutes. I'm like, it ain't going to rain ten minutes, man, Like an inch and a quarter or something like that we got in that short amount of time and wind damage and I mean we had it looked like a we. I was like, we're gonna go home. My wife was like what, Like I would feel better for home. I don't want to be stuck here. It's already eight o'clock. Yeah, And so we drove home and about halfway I was like, this may have not been a good idea because trees were like bending right, yeah right. When you see leaves green leave, chunks of green leaves fly by, You're like, we've got to break. This may not be the best decision. But so those that was the best and the worst part. Probably the extra worst part is extending fireworks a second day. And where I live, there's two places that do fireworks displays, and so one was at nine when was at nine thirty last night? Yeah, you're like, I'm trying to sleep, man, I just to do it on a Sunday night feels I know they got to do it, but crazy fast and worst the weekend? What's the best thing that happened to you this weekend and the worst thing that happened to you this weekend? Best? Had a nice cookout? Worst? Now I have a toothache, going to get it pulled? Yeah that sucks? Do you get it replaced? Are you getting replaced or you just get it pulled. That's a good question. And what would you do? Uh, it depends on what the problem is. A toothache. Usually you can just do a nerve thing right, root canal, Yeah, and the problem will go away.
Speaker 6: Those are expensive, Okay, Yeah, it's cheaper just to pull it.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's gonna be expensed. It's not. They're not just you know, using plyers right right, it's gonna cost. Best and worst the weekend. What's the best part of the weekend. What's the worst part of the weekend? Best of the weekend? Doing fireworks the family, even though the rain happened, worst of the weekend. I ate so many burgers and hot links that I gave myself upset tummy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: We tried to do fireworks because they were you know, my buddy was like, I'm gonna try get fireworks in. I was like, I don't know, man. He lit the fireworks, the wind kicked up, they were I was, what are we doing? Yeah, a lot. Did you see some of the footage of people lighting fireworks and the lightning hitting the fireworks. No, but I've seen a lot with lightning in the background, which I thought was really cool pictures yeah. Yeah. And then the other thing about the weather is when it's like that, the humidity is so strong and there's no wind, then the firework creates so much smoke. You then can't see the rest of the fireworks, right, hey, because it's just staying there foggy. And that's what happened in Washington, d C. Where they did these crazy fireworks. I mean it looked awesome for the first forty seconds. It was like eight.
Speaker 7: Hundred and fifty thousand rounds something insane, right, probably all American made anyway, So the first forty seconds it looked crazy, picturesque, right, and then none of the smoke moved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you just saw flashes in the smoke. Yeah. Best and worst of the weekend. I was having a great time with family shooting off fireworks in the rain. Then I got a call at a LEVENPM asking if I can cover a shift for Sunday. Oh no, sorry, man, it's too late time I half man. Best was got to relax. Worst had my thirty fifth birthday, few people remembered, and fireworks explosion. Well, happy birthday. Man Best had a big fish fry, swimming and friends. Worst trying to play golf Sunday hungover shot the worst round ever. Walking eighteen is not awesome. Now, it's also not awesome when it's a hundred. Right, you're just sweating out all the boozy heads and the only thing to make it worse would be hungover. People can smell you from a mile away down when right, best part got notification I start CDL school this week for you, man. Worst part? Girlfriend is a week late? Well where was she supposed to be? Oh? A week late? Yeah, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but maybe.
Speaker 6: She's just stressed out about something.
Speaker 2: Sure, you getting your CDL call? Yeah? Yeah? How long do you wait? Or do you remember before you took a pregnancy test?
Speaker 6: Lindsay, Uh, I think it was like eight days.
Speaker 2: Oh you went like eight days?
Speaker 6: Okay, it was instant? Well eight days is an instant pretty much, that's a week. It wouldn't instant be one day, you think, so that day? Yeah, I guess, but it's I mean, it can be so all over the place when it comes to that, right, Really, something.
Speaker 2: To get a mop clean that up? Right? Any other situation with that much leak? Ad you go, we gotta figure this out. Women you're like, yeah, what are you gonna do? Best? Long weekend? Worst? Skywork Skaya took fireworks show had a malfunction which caused a premature finale. It happens as you get older, and there's you know, Reavie Men's Clinic can help with that. You just apologize and go on. Yeah, um beat Me and my girlfriend had a great weekend. H I'm gonna say, I guess it was me and my girlfriend had a great weekend. Worst. My neighbors decided to set off military grade fireworks last night. Muskoge woke me up. Long story, short words were had and the water hose got turned and wet fireworks didn't ignite. I think they I think that's criminal at that point. Yeah, you can't pour water on someone's stuff. Man, No, No, that's destruction of property. Yeah, essentially we were on these fireworks. They destroyed them. We were at the fireworks stand and they had a board of people who spent the most in the tent, like the top three. Oh nice, what do you think the top number one was? When I was there on the fourth of July at like one o'clock.
Speaker 6: Five grand uh.
Speaker 2: I was going to say four, but let's shoot higher and say seventy five hundred sixty one dollars and they got four things.
Speaker 6: Goodness, gracious, sixty one dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you all. When I have a big purchase over two hundred dollars, I save for it, right. I start accumulating the money a little bit at a time. How long you've been saving for six How long did it take since last fourth of July? Yeah? No, I mean to light it and make it go. Yeah, right crazy. That's some of the things that happened in the neighborhood, like happened so like the neighborhood ones that people do feel like they go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. You're like, how much did you spend? Yeah, but it is cool and everybody likes it. I don't know.
Speaker 6: The dogs don't.
Speaker 2: Some adults don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh worst got workout induced VA's vasilitis best. My daughter really enjoyed the fireworks. Good. I'm gonna check some real quick because I think I know what this is, the vasculitis. Yeah, and it's known as the Disney's rash, the Disney's rash. Yeah, it's a burning and mild swelling of the small blood vessels. That sounds terrible. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you're young.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you've got it from working out.
Speaker 2: I move. I think it's working. Sometimes known as a golfer's thing too. Yeah, they have drug induced vasculitis and then exercise induced vesculitis. Huh So the text Best of the weekend got to have a blast outside. Worst of the weekend got a message from a random hookup. She's pregnant. Damn. Oh sucks to be that person. Well, get a test. Yeah, not saying she's a woman of what's the term giving of loose morals? Right, she's a whore, but you never know, absolutely, and Jeff Finsley can help you through the whole process, right if you need it. Right. Someone said they spent over six k crazy.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 2: It was not Jakes. It was just a stand on the side. They're all, there's a lot of Jakes. But it wasn't the big building. This was just a tint on the side of the road. Six grand. How big a truck do you think you need that? You just fill up the bed right one hundred percent? Because you ain't putting that in a forward escort. Sounds like you're at our fireworks stand. The guys spent sixty one hundred dollars, came back two other times, spend another five grand. That's the exact number of that. Yeah, I must have been at yours. Wow, it's a great stand. So eleven thousand dollars. Last thing you spend eleven thousand dollars dollars on, lindsay, not a car?
Speaker 6: Probably furniture for the house when we moved.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me appliance is a damn. You've never spent eleven thousand dollars on anything? Maybe lawyer fees. Yeah, I mean it feels like something you should go. I should reevaluate my stuff because you shouldn't spend eleven thousand dollars on a lawyer. Not a car trip. Oh did the Disney trip? Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there were fireworks on that trip? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: That were better than that. Best was having a week in full of family being together. Worst took the dog out this morning before work and see the upright deep freezer door crack to open. Everything is de thowed, so it's frozen. Think about your words before you use them, people. We'll just let people think about that one. We're gonna take a break. We'll be back. Go ahead and see what Ghimpie has in his form. My forma go but it says here the huge crowds more in Iran's a supreme leader. Tens of thousands flooded the streets of Tehran yesterday wailing and chanting, with some calling for refenge. Even larger crowds are expected today, when Ayatolakmani's casket will be taken on a procession through the streets of the capital city. Iran is holding a six day funeral ahead of his burial on July ninth. The ceremonies are being held nearly four months after he's killed and a US Israeli airstrike. Peace talks between the US and Iran are set to resume after the funeral. Four months seems like a long time to hold onto a body before you bury it. I mean gotta prepare and plan. I guess either way, what else we got here? Dozens of deaths blamed on the heat. At least twenty five deaths are being blamed on the extreme heat that's gripping half of the nation. Over one hundred and fifty million Americans across the Eastern US were subjected to record sitting heat on the fourth of July, with heat alerts issued from the Midwest, to the Deep South and to the northeast, and Washington, DC National Guard members were seen rendering aid to heat victims attending the America two fifty festivities. The extreme heat helped create massive thunderstorms later in the evening, causing gusty winds, large hail, and power outages. Many fireworks displays have been postponed until after the thunderstorm. Because I'm a weather nerd, I was telling Lindsay before the show, I was checking shaded temperatures and the next week because they're saying it's supposed to be bad on Thursday in the shade anywhere between one hundred and two and one hundred and four in the shade. That's nice. And then the same thing on Saturday, and yeah, and looks like Sunday and a little bit on Monday. Yeah it's gonna be hot. Yeah, I just make sure you will hydrate it. Right. What else we got here? Research shows mosquitoes can learn to associate deet with food lope they get yes. Research conducted getting Research conducted at Virginia Tech suggests that mosquitos are learning to associate a common insect repellent with meal time. A study published by the Journal of Experimental Biology focused on a type of mosquito that can spread diseases such as yellow fever zeka and ding fever ding ding ding You Anyhow, it found that mosquitoes can learn to ignore low concentrations of deet on the skin and begin to associate it with the food. Researchers say beat should still be used, but that applying it regularly may be more effective than applying a high dose just once. And then lastly, here City of Bars bills offering free storm debris drop off through Friday. The side opens at eleven am on Sunday and then we'll be open for the rest of the week. It's located on city owned property. That says the debris disposal site will be open from seven am to four pm every day following Sunday. The city said only tree debris, brush, brush and vegetation damage during recent storms has allowed. Any other items will be re covidwing up A nine defens is going to join us. Need help with a divorce or custody, maybe an adoption. He can tell you how that works. He'll be in the studio at nine. Get your question to us ahead of time. The email addresses show at kmod dot com or you can text it bmmass and whatever that question is to eight two nine four five.
Speaker 6: Good morning Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn. This Friday, we'll be doing some day drinking at Fad Daddies at a first and memorial for Cleats and Cold Ones. Get some mug corps light Indya and sign up to win free tickets to a live a soccer event for Cleats and Cold Ones. Two four at Fat Daddies.
Speaker 2: Givebe is out so we'll see him again tomorrow. He had to go take care of something and now it's time for our listeners. Are awesome. This is where we chat with the listener and they share a part of their life with us, and on the line with us today is Anna. Hey Anna, how are you? Hi?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 2: It says here Anna. You've been married thirteen years. Tell me how did you meet your husband? Oh?
Speaker 8: Well, it was actually kind of a silly story. I met him through a mutual friend who actually happens to be my ex I'll say. But yeah, we left them good terms and that's that's how I met him to be future husband.
Speaker 2: Did your ex set you up?
Speaker 8: Oh? More or less? Like I said, we were on good terms and we were, you know, just hanging out as a big group of people, as a small party in the backwards But yeah, that's its history.
Speaker 2: What was it about him that caught your eye it made you go whole boy?
Speaker 6: Hm hmm.
Speaker 8: Maybe that he was two of the three meals that were there, not including my ex.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so it was a numbers game. Okay, yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: It says here that you are an ER nurse. Tell me about why have you always been an R nurse or did you start another area of nursing and then moved to emergency.
Speaker 8: I did start another area that I knew from the get go that I always wanted to be an R nurse. I just didn't quite have the experience. It was, you know, kind of starting out doing my best. I think every nurse kind of start Moss nurses start on ned serge. But the whole time I was, you know, trying to get my footing, my experience to finally put in the application for an ER and you know, it took a couple of years before they accepted me.
Speaker 2: But it's it's been so TV. The Pit TV show specifically would depict the ers being chaos NonStop. It is like drinking getting a drink out of a fire hose. That that's how crazy it is. Is that accurate.
Speaker 8: For most of the hospitals. Yes, Now there's some lower acuity hospitals. There's two big hospitals in Tulsa that is fairly accurate. Now I won't say that at one hundred percent. There are days I said, wow, this is a really good morning. I mean you put your foot in your mouth and you realize, wow, nobody's woken up yet. I tried to watch the Pit. It took a little bit to well. I mean just I couldn't quite commit to it. There's some accuracies there. I think, as you're in this field, you've taken us a little bit more criticism for medical shows.
Speaker 2: Couldn't commit to it because of like PTSD, or couldn't commit to it because no.
Speaker 8: No, no, it just I guess I just thought it was kind of silly. I mean there were certain things in there that were just a little bit silly, but.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. I mean they embellished a little bit more than you felt was accurate.
Speaker 8: They're probably so there are I mean those wild scenes, Yes, they do happen.
Speaker 2: Uh. And what's the craziest thing you've seen working in the r.
Speaker 8: Ooh, it's hard to put something in number one spot. I mean, of course we get a lot of pretty major traumas.
Speaker 2: Uh gosh, it says here that you you had a teenager come through and they played a game that they shouldn't have played.
Speaker 8: Yes, that is one of probably the more more disheartening traumas that I uh that I witnessed it. It was a young feller and I mean, what do you say about that he was playing a game of Russian or what. I don't know who else was involved. I just know that he came in and you can kind of see that last look on his face, and that was probably the worst part of it. So, yes, he did not win that game of Russian Roulette.
Speaker 2: And when somebody comes in where it's clear they're not going to make it, how much effort do you put I don't understand how you guys can go, well, we got to keep trying when it is quite clear there's nothing that can be done.
Speaker 8: They do try. Yes, I mean we give it all that There are certain criteria. Blood work will tell you a lot about the condition of the body. So, for example, the pH of the human body, there has to be a certain happy zone, so you can kind of see when they're declining after they have passed. That will excuse me that that work will start to change. Also, people you know, fixed and dilated, there's a certain criteria. And of course you know the nature of the accident that I mean, when you put it all together, that's when the doctor will decide, you know, this is this is futall. We're not going to make any We're not going to be able to save him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine how challenging that is to see that unfold in front of you. We're talking with Anna R, one of our listeners. She's awesome, she's an er nurse. I like to ask nurses this question because I think it's such a fascinating question. You just don't think about it when you talk to a nurse. How many penises do you think you've seen?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: My goodness, millions, like a like a lot. Oh my goodness, Well you knows something, as you said that. I actually my goal is to try a day, and I think every nurse makes a silly goal mine is. I hope I don't see one that day. That's why I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: Wow, you and I have different goals, daily goals. That yeah, that I get it. We have a goal. I hope I don't see a penis today.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness. Yes, whether it medical or you know, some people just they.
Speaker 2: Streak, right, they choose to show it to people for sure. What about what's the number of times you've treated somebody that had something in their butt?
Speaker 8: Oh? We personally maybe a couple dozen. But I think anything new has this this spidey sense, so to speak, where we know that somebody is getting something in so we have to be bored that it'll tell you what kind of in a subtle way, what a person's coming in for. Yeah, so when it says foreign body is that okay, all our ears kind of perk up. We start doing some little subtle snooping. Now, a poor body, it could be something as simple as, you know, maybe they got a bug in their ear.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: Of course we're all a little bit let down. It's just a bug in the ear, you know. But when we find out that somebody's put something where they shouldn't have and the no nos, what but that's a little bit better.
Speaker 2: What's the craziest thing that you've seemed to be a foreign body removed from an individual?
Speaker 8: Well, it actually was not successfully removed and had to go to surgery. That it was a full size shaving.
Speaker 6: Cream can Oh my goodness, No.
Speaker 8: That's Keppard.
Speaker 2: Or didn't. I don't know that that is that is crazy. And you guys have a Nurses have a really good sense to tell in someone's lying in those scenarios, right.
Speaker 8: Most of the time. Yes, this particular sea, he did not want to talk to me at all. He's like, just let me see the doctor. I was like, I'm going to be a part whether you want me to or not.
Speaker 2: Right, either I'm going to find out now or he's going to tell me.
Speaker 8: Right. So you're coming with a generic abdominal.
Speaker 2: Pain, right, right. Have you ever made friendship with somebody that you treated in the er, so like they came in for treatment and then you help them and then you somehow developed a friendship with them.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm kind too, well, I mean it's a kind to me. I'm going to be kind to you. But as for long lasting friendships, I cut it off at the hospital. Now there's been a couple of patients who like, here, here is my number, and but it's usually you know, really sweet older folks. It's not anybody young. I mean, of course, I think we all get hit on by the occasional you know, drunk in the hospital.
Speaker 2: But right I can kind of cut it off. I can remember one instance where we were in the hospital and the it wasn't er, but the nurse was very accommodating and kind and and I remember just that person feeling like we had been friends for a long time. And I think that's just one of those characteristics that make the difference between a good nurse and a great nurse.
Speaker 8: Right yeah, I think so too. You certainly have to have compassion and empathy, and I think it's really hard for many nurses, especially in this setting, when there is a lot of verbal abuse, there's a lot of physical abuse from patients, so it's hard for many of them to you to wake up with a smile on their face and go into work and try to serve their community. It's different because when people come to the er, most of the time, that is the worst day of their entire life, and you have to take that into consideration. They're not going to be in a good mood. They're going to be mean. I would be too feeling good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an excellent point that you're seeing people on their worst day. Let's shift away from the nursing stuff, but it says here you almost drowned at Flint Creek. Tell me about how old were you? What was the scenario?
Speaker 8: So this is actually last year. Wow, yes, so somewhat fresh. So it was just a little family trip over to Flint Creek. I have a little water park there and this time of year it was very, very crowded. On the top. Lots of families, tents, cookouts, so they have a dam and this little dam will step off. Of course, there's a little waterfall, and I'm not sure if you remember around this time last year, we also had a ton of rain, so the water was really moving, but you didn't really notice it until you got to the little waterfall section. Of course, we were trying to make our way down the waterfall set up somewhere away from others so we could kind of hang out, well, me and my daughter who was fourteen, and we went up to the top of that waterfall and historically it's never been dangerous. I've never had any problems. I've scuba dived over there before when I first met my now husband, So my mindset going in is this is perfectly safe. So what outside? So when we get to the top, our plan was to jump a little bit further out, you know, just to have a good time. I guess my daughter was walking and she sat down, that lost her grip, her her little legs slipped off, and then she just fell straight down, and I saw the panic in my husband's eyes. I knew she was way too close to it, and my first instinct is to jump in. I mean not a not a clear logical thought went into my head. So I jumped, and no sooner than I did, I became vivicted myself. It was pretty quick that I realized the power of even something so small, that little tiny waterfall. And what I have is a cult a circulating current. So essentially, when you're trying to swim away, as the water is pushing down, as it's coming off there at the ledge, it pulls you back and then you get caught underneath and it pushes you to the bottom and you surface and you try to swim away and it pulls you back, and it's just a washing machine effect, and that's what happened to me. I was in such danger. I couldn't even, you know, think where is my daughter? I couldn't see. I knew I was getting fatigued. About the fourth or fifth time that it pulled me back, I remember looking around. I looked at my husband, who's just standing there, you know, wide eyed. I mean, if he went in, he would have certainly been in trouble. I was looking around for anybody else, and I just said help, help, before it pulled me back and pushed me down again. And that was not the time I thought said I'm not going to make it out of here. I didn't have any lung capacity. I'm not a strong swimmer anyway, but my legs were screaming, and it's just like I needed to take a breath. And it was on that time, you know, you start kind of thinking and praying and how am I going to get out of this? That was the last time that had pushed me down, and by God's grace alone, it pushed me out far enough that I was able to get away from that current and make my way to the shore, where I saw my daughter standing. She was crying. My muscles were so tired, I was fatigued. I just I couldn't even stand up. So it was very scary.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it was very scary. And have you been back since.
Speaker 8: No, we haven't gone back. Yeah, we've been to other areas, but not that one. I think it's still really traumatic for my daughter. And I mean, I'm certainly not going to go near the waterfall that. I think it's important, you know, to face your fears.
Speaker 2: We just.
Speaker 8: Haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every time I've been there, I'm always surprised with how slippery the rocks are near that that damn area, because it you're right, it is moving faster in that spot, and it kind of takes you by surprise.
Speaker 8: Well, we were lucky, so it sounds like it's still.
Speaker 2: It gets to you.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, as an ear nursia kind of have to be tough and kind of push some of those negative things down. But I mean, it's the second time I'm almost around the first time was when I was a kid in my parents' pond, but I didn't know how to swim there, and I just I have too much that I want to accomplish, you know, I want to see my daughter through. I'm want to get her to college. So I think all these experiences over my lifetime, which i'd like to think is it very long, you know, they do kind of added a little bit of a I guess I'm a scaredy cat.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Sometimes called people call that awareness And was there someone else that tried to help you? In that instance?
Speaker 8: I didn't see him on the top. So when I got out of the water and we were looking back, uh, you know my daughter, I'm trying to seethe and consult her. But within about a minute that is when we saw a body floating on top of the water. This person clearly was caught in the you know, the same kind of you know, washing machine effect, but he didn't make it out. And when we saw his body floating, you know, I'm still sitting there. My husband he went forward drug him out, and then that's kind of we had to go in. Okay, what do we have to do. He still had a pulse, you know, so you check that, make sure he still had a pulse. And if you have a pulse and you're just not breathing, that's when you have to do rescue breaths, so you essentially breathe, you know it, mouth the mouth. So I really didn't expect to kiss another man on the trip, but that's how it turned out.
Speaker 2: And did he survive?
Speaker 8: He did, he did survive. Life Light or some version of life flight came and took him from there, and I don't know which hospital. I'm curious. I mean, I do want to thank that person. I'm sure he came out, okay, I mean, being sick in twenty twenty six is twenty six is the best time to be sick because we have so much technology and people survived the most amazing things. But if he is out there, it's just the bravery, the fact that he tried. I do want to thank him. I don't know who he is, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be amazing if we could get a hold of him. And do you remember to try and help narrow it down when was this out there? What time of the year last year?
Speaker 8: It would have been probably the exact same time, you know, either July or August of last year.
Speaker 2: Well, if this is you or you know who this is, email us show at kmod dot com or text in and we'll see if we can't connect you with that person to see if that's even a possibility, because that's that's that would be amazing for you to be able to do that, because it sounds like it still hits you a little bit.
Speaker 8: He does.
Speaker 2: When that ended, So all that's done, you pack up and leave right.
Speaker 8: Yes, we did. We got our stuff and we left right away, said my daughter. She was just really really frightened by it. And there was I mean, what do you do as a mom who was nearly a victing yourself. I mean, it's just hard to try to provide that reassurance. But she's doing okay now, she's thriving. We just really don't talk much about it.
Speaker 2: How long was that ride home? It probably felt like an eternity.
Speaker 8: This is about a fifty minute ride home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was right. That is crazy what we haven't even We couldn't even get to the other thing because we've run out of time. That you had that It was crazy that happened to you. But I know, being in our nurse is probably one of those things that people don't say thank you enough, because I think nurses are vitally important to the medical world. They do a lot of the heavy lifting that gets credited to other people. So I just want to say thank you for you and all the other nurses out there that do all that hard work. Thank you, And we sure enjoyed talking to you. And and if we hear something, we'll make sure we connect you with that person.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, that sounds good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, see you later, right bye, and our listeners are awesome. Take a break and we'll be back the Big Men Morning Show returns. Excuse Remember school lunches I do, and I remember to this day. I would give anything to go back and have that chocolate chip cookie that they made. I don't know how, I don't know. It was special. It was the perfect amount of crunchy and chewy and chocolate chips. They were the small chocolate chips, so it covered. And they were kind of big too. They weren't just like a normal size. They were a little bit bigger than the average cookie. And so a list got compiled of the top five best school lunch desserts. Okay, and that cookie was on it. I mean, it's a cafeteria cookies. Do you remember cafeteria cookies? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't remember us having cafeteria cookies. I remember the vanilla pudding with nilla wafers and bananas, okay, and it wasn't that great, but like an option, yes, but it was an option. Or chocolate pudding with whipped cream. That was usually one that I got.
Speaker 2: I don't remember wrong, I don't remember putting at all. But on these lists are some ones you expect, like oatmeal cream pies. I don't remember them handing out pre made off site desserts or snacks.
Speaker 6: No, we had popsicle days, but that was more of a that wasn't in the cafeteria. That was like if it was real hot outside, the school provided pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like like in your classroom they'd bring around popsicles.
Speaker 6: They would, they would. It would be like right before recess they would hand them out and then you would take them out and get to eat them at recess because you know, they didn't want you messing up the classroom.
Speaker 2: Or right the number of hands that it would have to be washed after that. Another one on this list of top desserts from school frozen juice bars. These are called Smooth Smooth or there was a mini made version. It was kind of like in a triangle thing. You had to rip open.
Speaker 6: Yep, we did have those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember those, but essentially like an icy type of thing, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or or a fruit bar and had like chunks of fruit in.
Speaker 2: It but it was frozen. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Another one ice cream cups with the wooden spoons. I remember those, and so it looked like saucer but there would be fruit perfectly mixed in. Yeah, and he had to pull the little cardboard thing off. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I hate the wooden spoons. I feel like anything served with a wooden spoon, that's all you taste. And I know in Australia they don't serve plastic cutlery. It's all wooden. And that was like when my friend Natalie went there to visit, she said that was the one thing she couldn't stand because you taste.
Speaker 2: The wood right. I don't know if I have an opinion on it either way. That's interesting. And then strawberry shortcake bars. I don't remember getting these either. Again, something packaged off site. Yeah, no, and we get these now because my kids love them. I find them really I've tasted a couple of times and thought it was really gross. I don't love sprinkles, so whatever that coating thing is on the outside of the bar is what gets me freaked out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if those are. Sometimes they would give they had pop tarts.
Speaker 2: Okay, you could do pop tarts.
Speaker 6: I know that. Like at my kids' school now they have like an a la carte where you can go and buy it and they can get treats.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, don't I know it.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah we didn't. That was never an option for us.
Speaker 2: No, it was for us, but not until high school, right, And it was never anything like, well, my kids gatorade, they have Sunday Day yeah right, Cereal. Never candy bars, I mean crazy stuff. Somebody text and said our cookies were Otis spunk Meyer.
Speaker 6: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: That was always like presented as a really like good respected cookie, and I felt like it was garbage at best. I've never thought those were good cookies.
Speaker 6: So our kids sell Otis shirt comeyer, but I don't think we ever had them to purchase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never had them. Been like, man, these are good Double Tree cookies. I don't know what they used, but there's a pretty good ollie.
Speaker 6: I remember a friend of mine never had a Double Tree cookie, and we were walking by the hotel, and I said we should just stop in for a cookie because I bet they're fresh. What they have cookies? Yeah, And we walked in and it changed his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're so good. Yeah, perfectly hot.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: Uh and a couple of years ago they had them, but I don't know if that's still because things changed so much. Yeah, they still have them. Oh yeah, warm chocolate chip cookies to you at check in. There's even an allergy free version and a gluten free version, and it's free of the top nine allergens. What are the top nine allergens? Okay, peanuts right?
Speaker 6: Any nuts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, flour right people that seliac yep, sure, dairy, milk, what else? Hell, I don't know, so I pulled the list up here. Peanuts feels like number one, tree nuts, milk, egg fish, shellfish, soy wheat, and sesame. Now, some of those we should obviously know aren't a part of a chocolate chip cookie. But what do you make a chocolate chip cookie out of? Then? No egg, no milk?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta use uh gluten, the gluten free flour.
Speaker 2: You still need to buy. To me, you already use like almond or milk, and you can.
Speaker 6: Do it without egg. You can make them without.
Speaker 2: Egg, but you need a binding agent. And to me, the I I have had a cottage cheese cookie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you tell a difference.
Speaker 2: You absolutely can tell the difference. Nothing beats a real chocolate chip cookie. People that suffer from these type of allergens and they don't get to eat real chocolate chip cookies, you're acting like they're good. I remember when my wife was pregnant with our first kid and she couldn't have dairy. She was having like a bad reaction. We she'ld have dairy and so, but we do pizza, and so I'd be like, Oh, we're gonna We're gonna make dairy free, use dairy free cheese. It's gonna be great. It wasn't. It was gross. It's gross. It days nothing like pizza, right, It's so bad.
Speaker 6: Everything made me sick when I was pregnant with my first except four cheeseburgers, French fries, and chocolate milkshit. That was it. Everything else I would throw up. And Kevin decided, from now on, we're not going out to dinner anywhere, because as soon as we would leave the restaurant, I was throwing up in the parking.
Speaker 2: Lot right, wasting the money right, So.
Speaker 6: I lived off of Brahms cheeseburgers and malts.
Speaker 2: Doesn't feel like a punishment, No.
Speaker 6: It wasn't. It was for me. I would get really tired of it really quick. But and to this day I think that that is his fit in my kid's favorite.
Speaker 2: Meal, Do you eat it or no?
Speaker 6: Not really?
Speaker 2: All right, we got to take a Breakjeffinsley's going to join us coming up. If you've got a question about family law, he will be the one to ask it in the studio at nine. If you're listening to The Big Mad Morning Show, Good morning Lindsay, Good morning Corbin.
Speaker 6: Happy thirty fifth birthday to porn star Canellis Skin. See this luscious latina in Ain't Your Mama sss and paants down? Ass up. She was a twenty nineteen Spank Bank Latina Starlet of the Year winner.
Speaker 2: Gimpie's out, but he should be back with us tomorrow. Join us in the studio now is Jeff Heinsley of Heinsley and Associates.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jeff, Hey, good morning. How's it going.
Speaker 2: We're doing great and we've already got people texting in asking questions. Family law is the topic going through divorce or custody, name changes, guardianships, anything like that. Jeff can answer those questions. And we had somebody text in this morning when we did Best and Worst in the weekend, and he said he got a message from a random hookup that she's pregnant. What would be your advice if someone called up to you and said that.
Speaker 9: Step one is to get a DNA test once the baby is born. I mean, that's a lot of people pull though, well, why can't we get one now, Well, if the baby's in utero and hasn't been born yet, can't do it. But don't automatically assume that it's yours. I hate to say it that way, but that's kind of the fact and truth of it is is that if it's a random hookup and you don't know this person, and there's a good chance that there may be other random hookups involved, So you know, the first thing is is don't assume at yours. And second thing is is make sure once the baby is born that you do get a DNA test. Do not sign the birth certificate, do not sign the acknowledgment of paternity at the hospital. If you're going to be involved that way, because that will put you on the hook. Step one is always get a DNA test first.
Speaker 2: What would be your response to somebody who says, I'm I feel like I'll get pressured into it or I may make things worse by not signing or asking for.
Speaker 9: A DNA I mean, I would say, look, you have a right to know if the child is yours, okay, and if it's a random hook up again someone you don't know, I mean, someone you met at the bar, or the I don't know, the church mixer or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, whatever it may be, right, you have a right to know.
Speaker 9: And just because someone says that yours doesn't necessarily mean that's the case, especially again, especially if you don't know this person at all, and so you have a right to ask for that DNA test. You have a right not to sign those documents, and so you know for sure that the child is yours. So first and foremost always you know, and they're gonna pressure you with, well, I'm going to take you to court and I'm gonna do this, I'm I gonna do that. Won't go for it, okay, But at the end of the day, get that DNA test first. That is absolutely step one before anything else.
Speaker 2: And even if he's he is the father, he still has to go to court because they're not married, right.
Speaker 9: Right, I mean, if she files something great, the first thing that you can ask in court for is a DNA test. And you should ask for a DNA test if you don't know this person and it was a random hookup. I mean, I'm not trying to, you know, hurt anybody's feelings. I'm not trying to say that anyone is promiscuous or anything like that. But at the end of the day, when it's something you don't know and know nothing about, always, always, always, always ask for DNA tests. And even if you do know him, always, always, always ask for DNA test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the timeline of events is hard to navigate in those scenarios, and that's really what the issue is.
Speaker 3: And don't be threatened. I mean, that's the things they're going to threaten.
Speaker 9: They're going to say all sorts of nasty, mean things to you and threatening with all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: You still have a right to ask for that DNA test and you should.
Speaker 2: Jeff Finsley from Hensley Associates is with us. If you don't need a question about family law answered, he can do that right now. A couple ways to get your question to us email show at kmod dot com, call eight three three four to six oh KMOD, or text bmms and whatever your question is to eight two nine four five. This one says two weeks ago, my friend had a protective order filed on him, but he says the last week his future ex wife contacted his mom to tell him to get his ass down there and sign the divorce papers. Is that a violation of a protective order? And if it is, is it too late to file anything? Okay?
Speaker 3: So here's the here's the kicker of protective order.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 9: And I've had a lot of discussions with different judges in different counties about this issue. So when a person files a protective order against you, all right, they can't violate their own protective order. Violation means that you are doing something wrong that would put you in such a way that there would be potential criminal charges.
Speaker 3: File this sort of thing.
Speaker 9: So it's not a violation, but it is definitely showing the court that they're not afraid of certain things. Now, this one's a little different in the sense that she went through someone else to get to the message.
Speaker 3: She shouldn't be doing that. Okay.
Speaker 9: If you get a protective order, don't be calling you know, someone that's related to the other person.
Speaker 3: Or a friend or you know whatever. Don't do that.
Speaker 9: If you have a protective order, if you're the one that is asked for one, all right, because that's just going to show the judge that you're not afraid and that you don't need one. But if you're the person who has the protective order against you, do not respond. Okay, even if they try and reach out to you, even if they text you, call you email, you do not respond. Save those things and use it in court to show the court that they're not afraid of you. So it's not a quote unquote violation, but it is definitely something to show the court that they're not afraid.
Speaker 2: Is having a protective order? Does that show up on your criminal.
Speaker 3: Record so it can show up in background checks?
Speaker 9: Yes, I mean, if it's on OSCN and it shows up on background checks unless you get it expunged, it will always show up. Now, there are two types of protective orders. Okay, there's an emergency one, all right, and then there's a permanent protective order. The difference being is that when you first go in to get one, it's an emergency, and then it can turn into a permanent. Emergencies are not supposed to affect your job or you know, applying for jobs in any way. It's not supposed to, but permanent ones can. And if you have those, give us a call. We'd like to talk to you. I mean, if if one's been dismissed, it was permanent and then it's been dismissed it after a certain amount of time and you need to expunge.
Speaker 3: It, give us a call.
Speaker 9: We'd love to help with that expungement so you cannot have to worry about messing up your job applications.
Speaker 2: Jeff Heinsley from Hensley and Associates is in the studio answering your questions about family law. A lot of times we talk about divorce and custody and child support and things like that, but there's also another angle of child I'm sorry of a family law that I don't think we talk about enough, and it says I've got a younger sister who's mentally disabled. She has to be watched constantly. She was being watched by my grandmother until my grandmother passed away, and after that she became volatile, and now she has to be monitored twenty four to seven because she has threatened to kill people and harm herself. We've talked about putting her in a home for adults with mental disabilities, but she said that she doesn't want to go. Does she have the same rights as regular people because of her condition or does she have to do what her legal guardians want her to do?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, if she has legal guardians in place, guardians that have been appointed by the court, then they're the ones that make the medical decisions, they're the ones that make the financial decisions, those kind of things. So you know, whether she wants to go or not, it's in the guardian's hands at that point. Now, to have gotten to the point where there's a guardian in place for an adult disabled, per individual with mental health or whatever it may be, obviously there has got to have been at some point some showing to the court typically that the person is unable to make those decisions on their own. So if this individual is such that she is not able to make those decisions, it sounds like the court made that determination during the guardianship process.
Speaker 3: I mean whoever this is, I'd have to give us a call.
Speaker 9: I'd love to ask a few more questions, but the basic just is if they've already proved to the court that she's not able to make her own decisions, then it would be the guardian's decision as to what happens to her and where she goes and things like that.
Speaker 2: What happens to somebody who has a guardianship, like in this example where the grandmother was sounded like the grandmother was in charge and then she passes, does someone else have to step up?
Speaker 9: Or yeah, absolutely, somebody else has to step in and become guardian at that particular juncture. So you know, guardianship terminates upon death of either individual. And if grandma was the guardian and she passed away and so, then somebody else has to file with the guardianship court to say, look, so and so has passed away, the individual needs a new guardian, and I'm stepping in so and maybe that's happened.
Speaker 2: We just don't know what happens in that influx time between the person passing away till the proceedings where the person is deemed the next caretaker.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean at that particular juncture.
Speaker 9: If the guardianship is terminated, then that person is their own legal decision maker and things like that, whether they're able to or not. And so that's why you know, at that juncture, if someone has passed away, we'd probably move in on some sort of emergency to show the court, I mean, depending upon the level of incapacity that the person has, moving with the court and say look, the guardian has passed away. We need someone in right away. And so you know, try to get that done as soon.
Speaker 2: As possible with us of Hinsley Associates. You can email us show at kmod dot com. You can text BMMS and whatever your question is to eight two nine four five or call eight three three four six ozho KMOD. This is an interesting one we've never gotten before either. Is this right? DHS refused to modify my hold support after I got a new job. I'm making seven k less than I was and they said it doesn't meet the modification standard. Also, I have two bonus kids that I have been taking care of for five years. Me and their mother are married, but I have not adopted them yet. DHS says I can't add them because I haven't adopted them. Yet DHS also said I can't ask for a modigan for twelve months, just seeing what I can do and if this is right or not.
Speaker 9: Okay, so let's do the easiest one first. The easiest one is the bonus kids. You don't get a modification on them. You can't count them because they are not biological children between you and your new wife. Okay, that's just not allowed. Unfortunately, the law does not contemplate that. And again, if you have a problem with that, please call your legislator for your district, who can make those changes down in Oklahoma City. Now the other parts of it. If his income has changed, there's no reason why they in my opinion, again, there may be something here we don't know, so please, who are this is? Understand? I can only answer based upon what you sent us. What you're telling me, at least in this position is is that if your income has changed and you're making less than you were before, you still have a right to a modification. Whoever this is, please call our office. I'd love for you to talk to our attorneys and tell us a little more because I can't say reason as to why DHS would not go ahead and allow a modification to happen unless there's something else again that we don't know, some other issue that's involved. As far as asking for one in twelve months, the law is is that if your income has changed at any point, even if it's less than twelve months, you can ask for that modification. So in this case, if you've got let's say it was modified, and then in three months you've got a job where you're making more making less, you can still ask for another modification. Modifications can be done anytime. Now understand, they don't have to be done in DHS Administrative court either. That's why you want to give us a call so we can file it in district court and have it modified in district court if DHS Administrative Court is not working with you in some way, so please give us a call. Love to hear a little bit more on this. But from what you're telling us, other than not adding your bonus.
Speaker 3: Kids, can't do that. That's not allowed.
Speaker 9: If you had a baby with your new wife, you could, but not bonus kids. Otherwise, there's no reason from what you're telling us right here anyway, that there can't be a modification.
Speaker 2: Jeff Finsley's with us from Hensley and associates, and it looks like we got a phone call. Good morning, you're on the air.
Speaker 10: What is your name, Fley?
Speaker 2: Andrew? What's your question for? Jeff Finsley.
Speaker 10: Okay, So I was imprison We was married, but she had a kid, two of them. Actually this was eight years ago. I just got a settlement. They took fourteen thousand dollars for back child'sport. Okay, that's how I found out about this. The children are not mine. I'm white, she's white. They're Mexican. She says openly that I'm not the father. They're garnishing my checks right now, right.
Speaker 9: And legally they can do that because any kids born during a marriage, whether you're together physically or not, those kids are legally yours. You were on the hook legally for them until they turn eighteen or age out. So whether she had kids or not while you were in prison, if you're still married, those kids are legally yours and you're on the hook financially for them.
Speaker 3: That's the law in Oklahoma.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately, we've been divorced for the kids were maybe a year old. I got out and got the divorce.
Speaker 9: Right, but they were born during the time you were married. And if they were born during the time you were married, they are still legally yours and you are legally financially responsible for them. Does she have somebody else that they that that calls them, that the kids called dad, or the dad that somebody that holds them out as their own kids?
Speaker 10: Another dude, She's not with anybody right now that I know of. But they know that their they know who their dad is.
Speaker 3: Right, I understand that. But the basic gist of it is is that if.
Speaker 9: The kids were born during the marriage, Okay, were these kids.
Speaker 3: I'm stuttering, were.
Speaker 9: These kids addressed in the decree when you got a divorce, when you got out?
Speaker 3: In other words, that the decree say anything about.
Speaker 10: These kids, not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 9: Okay, here's what you said your name earlier. I'm gonna give it to my staff if you will call my office. Okay, Corbyn is going to give out the number here at the end of the segment. Call my office and we'll set you up to talk to one of my attorneys. You've got something going on and there might be a way out, but we need I need a little more information, and we're kind of short on time here on the air, so please give us a call once you hear the number that Corbyn gives later. Okay, yes, we're in Tulsa.
Speaker 10: Okay, so even if I missed the number, I can, I can look you up.
Speaker 2: Yep, absolutely, just look up Pinsley Associates. Okay, Okay, all right, all right, buddy, good luck, all right, see you later. We bring this up all the time. Yeah, and it's still people aren't aware that if you have a person in your life that you were married to and you are no longer together and they get pregnant and have a child, you are not divorced those kids. That is your child, regardless if he can prove he wasn't with her.
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter me. It doesn't matter if they know who their dad is. That it doesn't matter if they know that you're not the dad. I mean, from a legal standpoint, in the state of Oklahoma and most states, you are legally dad, which means you are legally responsible for them, for child support and everything else until they age out.
Speaker 3: So you know, if you've got that situation, give us a call.
Speaker 9: There are alternatives potentially, but that's when we need more facts.
Speaker 2: Is that an out of date law or is that the legislator's going, hey, somebody's got to be the dad in the scenario.
Speaker 9: I think I don't necessarily think it's an out of date like. You have to understand, Oklahoma and most states are very much about kids need to be taken care of. People shouldn't be able to get off easy. I mean, forty fifty years ago you used to be able to sign your rights away in Oklahoma. You can't do that anymore. You haven't been able to do that for decades. The idea behind it is is somebody has to be responsible for these kids. Somebody's going to help pay for them because a lot of times, not all, but a lot of times these kids are on sooner care. So their states involved, which means there's state money being used, which means somebody's got to pay for it because our state is you know, poor for whatever reason, legislature, governor whatever. So with that being said, the idea is that somebody has to pay and so that's I don't think it's an out of date law. I think it's a law designed to make sure that children are taken care of.
Speaker 2: Does it need to be changed to have an exclusion like in this scenario.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that's the thing is is that maybe?
Speaker 9: But again, as I always said, since we've been doing this, your local legislator, whoever that is in the state House or the state Senate, they are the ones that have the ability to make the change. Okay, we just had a bunch of primaries and all that other stuff. Okay, you have the physical ability to control who is going to be represented, and if you don't like the way the laws are, talk to them.
Speaker 3: They're the ones that can change it.
Speaker 2: Jeff Finsley from Hensland Associates is with us. Last text we got here says, can I modify out support if my income doesn't change, but if my expenses change? I e. Wife is a stay at home mom, so I'm paying bill all bills, car payments, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Nope, it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 9: It's income change only the state doesn't care about your bills. They just don't. I mean, the courts don't care about your bills. The fact that because the idea and I'm not trying to be harsh, it's just this is how it's looked at. Is is that the idea that you chose to take on more debt or to get married to somebody who's not working, or to buy a bunch of stuff and not have money, that's your fault. The way the state looks at it. Again, I'm trying to be harsh. This is just how judges and the state looks at it. They look at it as children come first, before you start buying stuff or getting involved with people who don't work. You have to pay your chial and support child support first and foremost. So Unfortunately, just because your expense is change, that is not a reason for modification in the state of Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: These things can be really complicated, and it sounds like when it comes to adult guardianships, those are even more complicated and canby That's why you need to have somebody help you that knows the laws and knows the navigation. We have people call all the time ask about DHS. That's probably the biggest argument I would give on why you need to hire Hensland Associates because they work with those people all the time. They know how to speak correct LINGO and get in with them and get things taken care of. Absolutely, so it doesn't matter if it's a DHS scenario, or it's a custody issue, or it's an adult guardianship issue. The folks at Hinsland Associates are there to help and you should call them three nine eight five six nine two nine eight three nine eight five six ninety two for Hinslean Associates and life can throw your curveballs and you might find yourself in trouble in other areas of law, and the folks a Hinsland Associates can help with that as well.
Speaker 9: Absolutely so, anything in addition to famul law. If you've got something like a dui that you've been pulled over by the cops for whatever reason, for drinking and driving or drugs and driving. If you've got something as mundane as a beating ticket all the way up, or if you've got an issue where let's say probate, where you've got somebody who's passed away that needs a will dealt with, or you need a trust or a will or something like that drafted up. Literally anything in addition to family law we can help you with through our office in Pasca. Give Leah a call up at Shoemake Law Firm. That is our firm up there. If you can't remember her name or its name, give us a call a Hinsley and we will get you transferred up there. But literally anything in addition to family law we can help you with, and we'd love to help you out.
Speaker 2: Nine eight three nine eight five six nine three nine eight five six ninety two for Hinsley Associates mentioned km O D get a free consultation over the phone nine eight three nine eight five six nine two for hinsleand Associates. Jeff, have a great week.
Speaker 3: Hey too, Thanks you're listening to the Big Mad Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I was telling Lindsay this morning there were two well there was a couple crazy stories, but two specific crazy stories that I wanted to bring up. And one of them happened at the Quick Trip up North at seventy five and twenty and a altercation, a disagreement happened between a man and a woman. And the details I know is that the man got in his car, drove over the woman and killed her. Oh Jesus, and then drove off and they had to chase him down. And she, if I remember correctly, she was a mother of seven. Wow, And I have no idea what exactly happened. Hopefully he wasn't like I'm gonna run you down, and he just there was some confusion, and right, it wasn't premeditated. I think there's a big difference between like I'm gonna run you over with my car. I told you to get out of the way type of chaos and you're like I'm out of here and then just back up speed. Yeah. Have you guys been watching Dutton Ranch? No? I try, I say, I asked, because one of the characters that's on there, of course, you know how they do what they go to the prison, they find somebody to go, yeah or whatever. One of the characters on there, that's that's why he went to prison drunk one night, got in a fight with this old lady or whatever, went to get in the truck, backed up, didn't realize she was behind him, and ended up doing the same thing and ended up spending time in the big house. Yeah. Yeah, I don't know. And I say, I hope only because not that it lessens the death of this person, right, but only because it makes it not so heinous that the world is filled with that hate you'd like to think the right, No, I know, but just a tragic story for that family, yeah, right, just crazy. The other chaotic story involves a old like a retirement house like an old folks place, okay, and their grandson came to visit them and stabbed the grandpa. She grabs the phone, calls nine to one one and while they're talking to her, he stabs her. Oh Jesus, and the line goes silent. And they ended up catching up with the kid because it's a kid, and he admitted to it. Damn yeah, I am the police. Like, I went and checked the video of the surveillance of the old folks home and the staff was like, yep, that's their grandson. Oh so this happened at the nursing home, at the old folks home. Yeah, not like you old folks right, right, I thought it happened at their house. No home like Porridge right and Bunko. They're just trying to live out the rest of their days peacefully. I don't know. I don't know if that's peacefully there, but I hear your point that that definitely isn't. Yeah, and just the idea that I don't know, I don't know if people just don't think there's consequences or I don't want to say video games, but like there's no real consequence in a video game. No, And so you don't understand consequences. Hey, you hit the button, start all over again. I don't want to think that that's the case. But you never know anymore. Man, I think I'm just gonna start saying this. Let your kids play with hammers, right, let them, let them play with hammers. Let them realize hammers break things. They can smash your finger, right, they're really dangerous. Yeah, let them let them. Let them burn their hand on the stove a few times. That feels a little child abuseless. But I hear what you're saying. But letting it play with hammers hammer's not indicative that the stove is like you're physically well. I'm not saying you put their hand on the stove. You just let let them touch it. Let don't touch it. It only takes about maybe twice three times for the slow ones in the back. I don't know how many times have you burnt your hand on the stove exactly. Some people are lesson learners, some people aren't. That's why I said, you know, for the slow ones in the back, me included. But again, that family, they lost two people, like two sets of people, right, they lost their son and they lost the grandparents because that kid's going to jail forever. Yeah. I just never understood how somebody can do that to their own parents or grandparents, you know what I mean. Maybe it's just me I was I was taught to respect the elders. Yeah right, yeah, no matter who they are, if they're older than you, you respect them. And by respect that doesn't mean stab them with the knife. No. No, to be fair, I have stabbed my brother and he is older than me, but he stabbed me first, granted they were years apart. Well, I'm just gonna quote a line from m clarence has real nice parents, right right. Good for you that you have good parents. Not everybody's that lucky. Not everybody has really nice and loving people in their lives, and they have people that abuse them physically, mentally, sexually, take advantage of people around them in other ways, and they're just not nice people. I wonder if this particular case, if that's the other part of the story that we don't know about, right with the grandparents, Like, was was there any kind of abuse? I'm not saying that it justifies it, but it's kind of okay, I get it. Yeah, I don't. I don't get that. I'm not a big fan of vigilante justice, right, nor am I? But I mean if you were, if you were abused sexually, physically or whatever as a child, or however long this goes on. I mean, people snap, wouldn't you if it went on for so long? I don't know. No amount of therapy can help you out. Yeah, I'm not a defender of snapping.
Speaker 6: Right, And he was safe from them? Now, they weren't a home.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not prison, it's not prison. How do you know his parents didn't force him, right? How do you know those people abuse their dad and their dad passed it on.
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Being an old folks home is hardly safe. Hey, let's go to Grandpa's room. I want to show you some Pope Poia guide. I don't know what people show people at old folksongs. I'm just imagining. I'll show you the painting not painted. All right, there you go, Still got porridge, still got rice pudding from dinner. Yeah, to me, I'm not a defender of snapping. You still have a responsibility at core values to not harm individual even when things are hard. Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess I know you don't ever play cards with me I'm gonna read it every time you have a tell yeah, the eyes rolling right. No, I don't have any cards. My hand is crap. I'm just gonna put money in here. I don't know what. How do you play this game? All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back.