Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner Clurk get them the Dives makes the cat backhand signed.
Speaker 2: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot.
Speaker 3: Come and get it.
Speaker 4: I want to take your shot. We're waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it. We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 6: Come get it.
Speaker 5: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 3: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 5: I dot it best overall?
Speaker 4: Miss Dan Klass Padres. Fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 5: Ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kays Hi, everybody, and good afternoon. Welcome into Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: You're world champion.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Dodgers first place ATAPI NL West twenty two to ten on this season, and last night they opened up their longest road trip of the year the victory in Atlanta. They battled through the rain to get the win, and today some more rain expected in Atlanta. Will see what happens with first pitch. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers, looking for his first win. In the big League's first pitch from TUIs Park is scheduled for four fifteen. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna get a lot as you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse will join us throughout the hour. He'll go one on one with Evan Phillips, who picked up his save last night. We got your Dodgers magical moment, your prize picks double Play of the Day, And in just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and here from Tim Neffertt and Rick Monday. Well, last night, the Dodgers outlasted the Rain and the Braves for a series opening win in Atlanta. Yoshinobu Yamamoto got the start. He was fantastic. Six innings, he went the first four he was.
Speaker 8: So you look at Dodger history, those twenty five career starts in Dodger history, what the lowest era is, and Yamamoto's among the leaders. Strike three called fastball on the inside corner, two punchouts in the inning. He's got six in the game. Yamamoto is in his rocking chair right now.
Speaker 4: He's threw four.
Speaker 1: Yoshi threw four innings, six strikeouts, fifty seven pitches.
Speaker 3: He was cruising.
Speaker 1: Grant Homes of the Braves also pitched well through the first four innings for the Atlanta Braves. But in the fourth, that's when the Dodgers got after him. Loaded the basis for Will Smith the sackfly RBI number eighteen, and the Dodgers jumped out to a one nothing lead in this sixth Inny. The Dodgers added on to that lead thanks to Mooki.
Speaker 6: He's got the highest exit velocity of any player in this game. It's almost ninety six miles an hour.
Speaker 8: Ookay swings hits, a drive to left field and deep going back.
Speaker 4: Is per Dugo still going back and this ball is gone.
Speaker 8: It's a home run for bets his fifth of the season, A solo shot for Mookie, and the Dodgers lead it two to nothing.
Speaker 1: Mookie betson two fastball drives it to left center for his fifth home run of the year, a solo shot.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers a two to nine in lead.
Speaker 1: In the bottom of the sixth, Yamamoto working on a no hitter, a very quietly working on that no no. With two out, so Austin Reiley a double to left center field that into the no hitter. Six strong innings from Yoshinobu Yamamoto, no runs, just that one hit, six strikeouts, ninety one pitches. He was impressive. He turned it over the bullpen. Kirby Yates, first guy out, gives up a home run of the first Battery faces in the seventh. That was Matt Olson, his fifth of the year. It was a two to one Dodgers lead. Tanner Scott got the eighth. He struck out one in a one two three inning. The Dodgers Embraves play eight full innings. That's when the rain came last night, an hour and thirteen minute rain delay, and then they came back finally to play the final inning.
Speaker 3: Dodgers would go in order in the top of the ninth.
Speaker 1: Evan Phillips got the bottom of the ninth, struck out the first two batters he faced, then a two out walk, then a comebacker for the final out of the game.
Speaker 3: Ballgame over.
Speaker 1: Dodgers hang on and beat the Braves through the elements through the rain delay for their sixth straight win. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Imprus to four and two. Evan Phillips his first save of the season for the Dodgers, who are now twenty two to ten on this season. Don't look now, but the Dodgers with the best record in baseball. They go into play with a game and a half lead over the San Diego Padres in the Western Division of the National League, and they look to extend their winning streak in the second game of this three game series. Whether will be a factory yet again? Dodgers and Braves. Rokie Sasaki on the mound in search of his first Big league winning with more out to the gallopin Motors Broadcast booth in Atlanta, as we say hello and welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much, Tam and as we talked to you live here from Truest Park. Overcast skies. We look at the radar. There's some weather in the forecast and it should reach us sometime after the scheduled start of the ballgame. The grounds crew has already chalked the field, so that part has been totally done. The infield has been fully prepared. The pitcher's mound is covered right now, so the tarp down the left field side has the cover off. They're ready to put it on at any moment should they be called upon. So there is expected to be some rain, heavy at times at some point in time, but there is a window to play, and the Braves, being the home team, they want to wait this out regardless of what happens tonight, whether they play start and stop baseball, whether they wait to start later, or whether they started on time. The Braves have made the decision they want to be here tonight get this game in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a window, and that window is being closed. I mean, the rain is coming. There's no inf fans and buds about it. And neither one of these teams a want to be able to, you know, basically spoil an outing by his starting pitcher, and they do not want to get this game underway and then have a split doubleheader if you will, tomorrow. It's already going to be a long day into the night for the Dodgers tomorrow because after tomorrow they hit down to Miami. So, yeah, this is a good start as far as this Dodger Brocklum and Now there are some changes that have already been made to this Dodger balclum because Tommy Edmund, who had tweaked his right ankle, has been now placed on the injured list, and the new faces in town.
Speaker 8: Hessan Kim, has made his way here from Oklahoma City. He is not in the starting lineup, but they do expect him to take the spot of Tommy Edmund, playing second base, possibly shortstop and also center field. And he's been playing okay down at triple a two point fifty two average with the Oklahoma City comments five home runs and nineteen RBIs. So Hassan Kim at some point of this road trip will make his major.
Speaker 6: League debut, and in the interim it's going to be at second base tonight Chris Taylor, who has had limited number of advance and also playing, he'll be at second base. Everything else is going to be remaining kind of the same. But for the Dodger ball club too. Tim having won six consecutive games in the manner in which they have done it, the pitching has been suburb Yamamoto six innings last night, no runs, just one hit, and then the bullpen kind of takes over on top of it. But for this Dodger ball club, you know, last night they basically prevailed in what we both thought was just a tremendously well pitched game by both sides.
Speaker 8: Really a good game on both sides of the Ledger. Grant Holmes was outstanding, a career high nine strikeouts for the Braves right hander and Yamamoto. It took a no hitter into the sixth and was really outstanding. And his era right now is almost invisible, zero nine zeros, less than a run the best of Major League base It's.
Speaker 6: Hard to enter a ball game and you earned run averages at one point zero six and it goes down and went down considerably on top of it, and then for Phillips to pick up to save, so plenty of opportunities. Neither team had many opportunities. In fact, the Atlanta Breys had one at bat with runners in scoring position and last night's lost, and for the Dodgers they only had two. On top of that, so they had a rain delay and it looks like we may get one before the first pitch is thrown in this one.
Speaker 8: Tonight, Dodgers have won six straight. They have won ten of the last twelve against the Braves going back to September of twenty twenty three, and they look to continue their winning ways against Atlanta and Roki Sasaki, looking for his first major league win. Oe won the record. He'll face Spencer Schwellenbach, who is one and two.
Speaker 1: Tim All right, thank you guys, as we got you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on It's Shakey's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shakey's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's right now Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Marongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on deck. We will check in with David Vase.
Speaker 1: He'll go one on one with Evan Phillips, who picked up his first save last night in the Dodgers two to one win over the Braves. We'll break down this pitching matchup with Rokie Susaki, still looking for his first major league win. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts will update you on the injury report for the Dodgers. Got your prize picks. Double play of the game. But up next, you know, Tani Rewind. It's all coming up. As we lead you up the first bitch in Atlanta Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game.
Speaker 5: On your home for LA Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Baseball, Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 1: Game two of this three games set Rokie Sasaki and Spencer Schwellenbach to pitching matchup first pitch scheduled for four fifteen.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani rewind Well.
Speaker 1: Showy Otani a quiet night at the plate last night at the lead off spot, zero for four with a couple of strikee coounts now hitting two seventy seven on the season, still slugging at a five thirty eight percentage the Dodgers last night at the two to one win over the Atlanta Braves. A big reason why the home run from Mookie Betts, who continues now to swing a hot bat, five game hitting streak, third straight game with multi hits in the game, and last night his home run in the sixth that he proved to be the difference of the two to one win.
Speaker 3: And afterwards, David Veasse caught up with Mookie.
Speaker 9: Hey Skinny fat guy Dave with the man Mookie bats who grinded out two at bats against Grand Holmes.
Speaker 4: How big of a win was this tonight?
Speaker 10: I mean every win is big, but especially after that off day. We came out kind of sluggish a little bit, but.
Speaker 3: Yoshi picked us up.
Speaker 10: I mean, Yoshi doing what Yoshi seems to always do. I mean, fortunately, I was able to put a couple of good swings on.
Speaker 9: Some balls push Grant Holmes with that fastball. Your home run was the difference in the game. Were you looking fast forwar? Are you looking at the zone right there?
Speaker 10: I'm just looking and hit it swinging a strike. I swung in some pitches in the dirt, So I was really just looking to get something that I can handle, and.
Speaker 4: You know he was.
Speaker 10: He threw He threw a pitch, you know, over the plate and I can put a good swing on it.
Speaker 4: Mukie.
Speaker 9: When you come out here to start this road trip and you face a guy like Grant Holmes who was on his game, finding somehow some way to get a win, I'm sure is really gratifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, I mean again, you know, coming into the truest park, you know the Braves are gonna be ready to roll. They've been playing pretty good baseball. Like you said, Holmes has been pitching really well, so hopefully well we got Yoshi. We got Yoshi, and uh you know he did. He did a great job for Bookie.
Speaker 9: It's fireworks night here in Atlanta. You provided the fireworks for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Maybe, uh, I don't know what that sign would be called, but I like it all.
Speaker 9: Right, Bookie, thanks a lot, and you're just getting started.
Speaker 5: Is yes?
Speaker 11: Their thank you?
Speaker 4: Bro there he is the man move. Don't sleep on.
Speaker 1: Marcus, not sleeping on Mookie, that is for sure. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agents standing by.
Speaker 3: To take your donation. That's Cars with a K to donate your car today.
Speaker 1: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we will preview this pitching matchup. David Vasse will pop in throughout the show. He'll go one on one with Evan Phillips. But I'm next. We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: It's coming up.
Speaker 1: As we lead you up to Dodgers and Braves on this Saturday. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to Dodgers and Braves Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, A Grand Slam for good times. Rookie Saki on the mound for the Dodgers first Pitcherman Atlanta, scheduled for four to fifteen.
Speaker 7: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Well now thirteen players on the IL for the Dodgers. Tommy Edmund the latest placed on the IL today with the sore right ankle. Jus and Kim gets called up from Triple A Oklahoma City. More on that, Dave Roberts in just a minute, Tyler Glaston on the IL, Blake trying it on the sixty day I L. Blake Snell on the IL, Michael Kopek on the sixty day IL. Bruce dar Graderol don't forget about him working his way back from his shoulder injury. As is Clayton Kershaw on the sixty day IL. He pitched in Triple A Oklahoma City earlier this week. He is scheduled to come off the injured list mid May. He's trending in that direction, so that is certainly good news for the future Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Let's head back out to Atlanta and check in with the Dodgers. Skipper questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 9: In the dugouts with Dave Robberts Dave, we know it's an idea for either team to lose a starting pitcher if the rain interrupts the game. So what's being discussed between the Dodgers, the Braves, and the league.
Speaker 12: I think right now we're going to try to wait this thing out. I don't know a potential starting time. I do know that both teams don't want to start stop situation. So I think that we're prepared to hunker down and play a game tonight. If it doesn't happen, then there's talk of a potential split doubleheader.
Speaker 9: I know at this point it's not much you can do, but is that favorable to you to play tonight or would it be more favorable to play a double header tomorrow?
Speaker 12: You know, I think for us, decisiveness is probably better to make a decision versus waiting around all night and ultimately not playing. But I think you've got to let the process play out. I don't think that we have any preference on either playing a game today and then playing another tomorrow versus playing to tomorrow and getting extra players. So I think as far as personnel, we're in a good spot.
Speaker 4: What triggered placing Tommy on the IL and y.
Speaker 12: Kim, Well, Tommy he ran yesterday and just still didn't feel great, still some sortus in the ankle, and didn't feel that he could play tonight or even tomorrow potentially. So just the back date, knowing that it's potentially ten days to make sure he gets it right, we just felt that it was an easier decision. As far as Heysong, he's playing well down there. He's still adjusting with the back. But I think the versatility piece, the second base, shortstop, center field, the base running component come in and steal a base. I think all that you know was a factor.
Speaker 1: All Right, there's Dave Roberts talking to why Kim got called up at Why Tommy Edman ultimately got placed on the injured list. It's early may better to rest him up, get that angle one hundred, if not close to it for the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: That absolutely makes sense.
Speaker 1: As Dave Roberts down the DIY got as we continue to lead you up to first pitch from at Atlanta. Up next, we'll check out what David Va say is we're leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim Kakes's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Brogo Casino.
Speaker 1: Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch from Atlanta Rookie Sazaki and Spencer Schwellenbach. The pitching matchup coming off. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Evan Phillips.
Speaker 7: But first, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David Bai.
Speaker 1: All Right, David, you're gonna take off your insider hat and put on your weather man hat.
Speaker 3: What's the latest from Atlanta.
Speaker 9: Well, we just got word from the Dodgers director of Travel, Scott Akasaki, that we are going to be in a delay. This game is not going to start on time. And that's basically what Dave Roberts conveyed to us in his office when I asked him about it. He said, basically, the teams in Major League Baseball have agreed that they're going to quote hunker down here until they're able to start this game without interruption, because neither team wants to lose their starting pitcher because of a rain delay. That's the thought behind not starting until you're really certain that the weather has out, and if you go on your weather app tim that's not going to happen until around nine thirty or ten o'clock Eastern times. So when Dave Roberts said they are going to hunker down, he meant it, and that's what the plan is. And I've gotten indications from some Dodger players that told me it's the Braves that want to play tonight more than anybody else.
Speaker 1: I mean, a doubleheader tomorrow would make sense since the weather will be a lot better, but if they want to play tonight. Let them play tonight. Tommy Edmond goes to the injured list. David, you talked about this the last couple of days. The ankle wasn't right, he wasn't in the lineup, and this could be something the Dodgers did, and they ultimately did put him on the il.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Remember last Tuesday at Dodger Stadium, as Edmund was going from second to third, he awkwardly tweaked his right ankle, and it just hasn't gotten that much better. And I talked to Thomas Aalbert, the Dodger trainer, and even Tommy Edmund conceded if this was a playoff game or a must win type of game, he would be in the starting lineup. But the Dodgers, when we talk about their depth, it's not just about the twenty six man roster, it's about their forty man rosters.
Speaker 4: So they're able to give.
Speaker 9: Edmund extra time to get all that soreness out of his right ankle and call up a kid they signed out of Korea, the KBO and his son Kim, and he arrived in the clubhouse about two hours ago with all his luggage, and we had a chance to catch up with Kim earlier today. Were you surprised that you got this call to be called up to the major leagues?
Speaker 11: Don keep, I was very surprised.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 13: After the game last night, our a manager, Henny, he announced to him that he was kind of get in the show. I came here with a very happy, uh, and very exciting mindset, and I'm really exciting right now.
Speaker 9: How much has your confidence grown since spring training? With the work you've put in with your new swing.
Speaker 11: Is putting people with petological.
Speaker 13: Today?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Get Oh he's.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 13: For now, I feel really very comfortable, like very confident, not being very different, but with the swing changes, I've been working very hard and then I feel really confidence right now.
Speaker 9: All right there, it's Has Song Kim with his translator. Don't know his name, but I will let you know what his name is as we move forward.
Speaker 5: Tim.
Speaker 9: But really, when you look at this decision to put Edmund on the IL, he basically was still sore running. And also this gives the Dodgers an opportunity to see where Kim is at after revamping his swing in spring training. And also it's an opportunity for Kim to see major league pitching, to see where he stacks up, so it's worked out and gives him a taste of his first major league action, and there is a chance that he starts tomorrow.
Speaker 1: David is driven by for if there's one thing we like, it's choices, fine yours with the four ff point fifty gas hybrid all electric toughness marken only be called the f one fifty.
Speaker 3: Don't look down, DV. Mookie Bets starting to heat up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know right. Everybody wanted to know what's wrong with the Dodgers. What's wrong with the Dodgers, What's wrong with Mookie Betts? What's wrong with Freddy Freeman?
Speaker 9: Well a, the Dodgers have the best record in baseball right now. B Freddie Freeman is hitting over three hundred with an OPS over one thousand, and Mookie Bets, all of a sudden, has driven in seven runs in his last three games, including last night's home run, which was the difference in the game, hitting a fastball off of Grand homes who players were telling me even during the game last night, tim was the best they had seen, and it was evident. Grant Holmes set a new career high in strikeouts. He had nine strikeouts last night, so for Mookie Betts to hang in there down two strikes to hit a home run, which was the difference in the game. With the rain, the weather all that seems like he's starting to really heat up and the Dodgers that have not hit on all cylinders, Mooki has not hit on all cylinders and they still have the best record in baseball.
Speaker 1: David Clark kent or glasses and nobody recognized him as Superman, but he was the same guy Max Munsey wearing glasses.
Speaker 3: Now a new look, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he actually went to go see the same eye doctor that Rick Monday is friends with, and also Keik A Hernandez went to see last year and advised him that he had a stigmatism in his right eye, same situation with Max Munsey.
Speaker 4: He had been wearing these glasses, these.
Speaker 9: Goggles, prescription goggles during batting practice during the last homestand he finally decided I'm going to take the dive and wear them during the game because he said it couldn't get any worse without him. And he hit his first home run of the season wearing those prescription sunglasses, and last night hit up all down the right field line, was just inches foul, so he's sticking with the eyeglasses. And doctor Alex Lou, a good friend of Rick Monday, is to be credited with these two guys getting their eyes checked.
Speaker 3: Shout out to doctor Lou.
Speaker 1: Time down for the Dodger Derby brought to by San Anita Park. We are picking a race at Santa Anita tomorrow, David on the Sunday race card, the second race of the day, six and a half furlongs, currently an eight horse race.
Speaker 3: Who do you like in this one?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 4: Number one, I'm still focused on this Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: Bute me too.
Speaker 9: I will turn my attention to this the number one horse, Pacific Quest.
Speaker 4: Let's go with that one, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna go with war to remember the sixth source. Good luck to you, DV. Don't forget celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every single race day. Still got a chance to get out there for the biggest derby party west of Kentucky. With the Kentucky Derby schedule to go off in about twenty two minutes, you get the Mother's Day dining free Fridays with train specials.
Speaker 3: It's all happening.
Speaker 1: At Santa Anita dot Com Slash Events. We'll continue here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck as we lead you up to first Bitch. We'll start in a rain delay. Skame will not start on time. Dodgers and Brays. We lead you up right here on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Braves from Atlanta. Rookie Sasaki on the mound. First pitch was scheduled for four fifteen, but whether in the area, this game will not start on time. Game two in Atlanta coming up soon.
Speaker 4: I thought, without a hot dog, who wants a hot cook?
Speaker 5: It's time for the hawfe.
Speaker 7: Magical Moment Bitch Magical Magic presented by Hawfey Hot Times.
Speaker 1: We go back to nineteen fifty nine and the NL pennant Dodgers taken on the Braves in a best of three tiebreakers series to determine the NL Pennant. The Dodgers and this is their second year since moving from Brooklyn out to Los Angeles taken on the Braves. We go back to September twenty ninth, nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 5: They bouncer over the mountain over second page. Just start with the Cinderella team up the National League. O the first time in history a seventh place club.
Speaker 4: Has come back to win the pennant.
Speaker 8: The following year ahead to be the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: So you'll take you down in the clubhouse. I'm not there. The idle out the night.
Speaker 6: They'll go on the plane and the Dodgers we'll meet head on with the Chicago whites Hos on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Dodgers beat the Braves six, five and twelve, and he's to advance to the World Series against the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 3: The great Vin Scully on the call again.
Speaker 1: It was just the second season the Dodgers were in Los Angeles since moving out west from Brooklyn. The World Series will be played on the West Coast for the very first time back in nineteen fifty nine. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot talks offfee so cows local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffey Hot talks local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on deck. Check back in with Rick Mondays. We're leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim kas Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and praise rookie Sasaki on the mound. First pitch was scheduled for four to fifteen, but that will not be the case. This game not gonna start on time. But right now, let's get your Prize Picks double play the day.
Speaker 6: Got him with the.
Speaker 9: Two for one hard shot to third, drove us the second hot in the first.
Speaker 5: Double What doubles? This is the Price Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 1: Join me and millions of others playing baseball and fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app and sign up using the code go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's go blue. When you sign up at Prize Picks, it's so easy to play. You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. Use the code go blue when you download the first three Prize Picks apps. Here's the double play of the day show Aotani more or less half a single more than a half a single for show. Hey, Freddie Freeman more or less a half a single more as well both. I'm gonna get hits today in this game against the Braves again Prize Picks. Download the app used the code go blue Prize Picks Run your game and now.
Speaker 7: Joined by David Bassey, Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Well, sometimes on the road you're a little melancholy and you need to pick me up. And Rick, I feel like when you envision this segment, it got you out of your hotel room and ready for the game.
Speaker 6: You know, I could not have said it better. Yeah, when I woke up this morning. So you don't have an opportunity to spend a couple of minutes on the air with David Massetti as we await the rain, and it is coming. For those who know the geography, the rain is now well, it's two thirds of the way between Birmingham, Alabama and the Land of Georgia, and it is coming. It is coming rather quickly, and hopefully it comes through rather quickly, because neither one of these teams, David want to be able to have their starting pitching warm up and maybe go a couple of innings and then have to shut it down and maybe even have to pick up the game tomorrow. And I'm a little surprised that as we're speaking, the ground screw has not covered the infield with the tarp yetless, and that kind of surprises me because I look at the radar. I mean, it's a lot of red on the radar coming this way.
Speaker 9: Are you surprised the Braves and the Dodgers would start this game as late as ten o'clock Eastern time instead of a doubleheader tomorrow?
Speaker 6: No, No, it's going to be a long day for the Dodgers also because with the late start tomorrow, by the time they get into their not even scheduled to land if things go perfectly tomorrow night, not scheduled to land in Miami until about a quarter to two in the morning. So you know, it's a turnaround. You're trying to save as much in as you can, and you know this is all how you see things, which is a pretty good play in introduction to him. Maybe a conversation even I can have on Max Munsey being able to see things a little bit better. He went to a good friend of ours, doctor Alex Low and Roland Heinz, and got his eyes tested and learned a couple of different things that I think really helped an athlete understand it. First of all, only has a slight astigmatism in his right eye, and his left eye is the dominant eye, which tells me a couple of things. As a hitter, he's a left handed batter, so he's got to make sure that his head has turned a little bit more so he sees the picture with one hundred percent of both eyes to begin with, Well, they've got the prescription to where you know he had cooked the vision anyway. I mean his vision was twenty twelve, but the astigmatism was not really allowing him to see the ball clearly. And if we go back, I did some research today, let me run this bike. Last year, kik Hernanuz did exactly the same thing. He went to our good doctor because the first seventy one games Kiki Hernanuz was hitting one seventy one and he had five home runs in the seventy one games. He goes and gets his eyes checks gets the different prescription the final fifty five games of the season. Last year, k k Hernanez, who said he was able to see the spin of the baseball again, hit two seventy four with seven home runs in those fifty five games. So it did improve by a great deal.
Speaker 9: And I mentioned to you during the homestand that Monsey alerted me to these prescription glasses. But he was only using them during batting practice. But a few of the guys down there told him, what do you have to lose? Things can't get any worse for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, And you have to wear them in order to get used to them, because it does give you a little different perception. But seeing the ball, I think depth reception probably goes to that too. I'm not the expert on it. You kind of figure it out. And since he understands, and I'm a little surprised, he probably understood that his left eye was dominant anyway. But as a left handed batter, here's my point. Very quickly, against left handed pitching, you have to make sure that your head is turned a little bit more or open up your body so again you see the picture with both eyes and not just trying to peek around the corner, especially with his left eye dominated.
Speaker 4: All right, Rick, thanks a lot for that information.
Speaker 6: Has some inside hitting as far as the approach.
Speaker 4: Hey, I love it. I love it. I wish I would have known that when I was growing up.
Speaker 6: I helll me get your eyes checking.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot, Rick. We'll take in with you and Tim Nevertt in a moment.
Speaker 9: Still no rain year and some blue skies, but we'll keep you updated on where this game is headed and when it's going to start.
Speaker 1: Tim, all right, appreciate it, guys. That's the Dodger game plan. Dodger fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, Yeah, the books and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 1: Class is going to fill o quickly, so go to I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a premium this pitching match. Rick will be back with Tim never gets to those keys to the game.
Speaker 3: Well up.
Speaker 1: Next we go high and tight with Evan Phillips. Dodgers in Atlanta to take on the Braves. The game will not start on time, but we'll start in a rain delay, but expected again at some point tonight, Game two of this three game series. I'm Tim Kaison's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 1: Rookie Sasaki on the mau and this game officially gets underway, but it will start in a rain delay. Ready to live the Zenchi Sweet Live. Here's your shot at an unforgettable night in Los Angeles. The two premium Sweet tickets to the game this month, complete with gourmet food, drinks, and preferred parking. It's luxury, it's exclusive, and it's all just one scan away. Head to the Zench counter near the deli section at participating Rows grocery stores and you scan the QR code right there at the zen She countered so easy. Just walk up with your phone, scan the QR code at the zen She counter at participating Rouse grocery stores and enter for a chance to win this once in.
Speaker 3: A lifetime experience.
Speaker 1: Don't miss out Ralph's zen she Counter QR code, scan it and enter more details at an FI seven DLA sports dot com. Zench Sushi fast, fresh and easy. Find it at your local rouse and scan that QR code for the Zench Sweet life.
Speaker 7: Now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 9: Well weather seems to be part of this leg of the Dodger road trip. Last night an hour plus delay and then Evin Phillips came in and closed out the first save since last season. And Evin joins us right now, the hometown kid in a lot of ways.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no problem at all.
Speaker 4: What's it like coming back to Atlanta for you.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of fun. You know, for a long time here. It was just great to come back and see, you know, old friends and very familiar with the area close to you know, where I grew up in North Carolina, so a family would always come down, and you know, my wife and I decided to move back to this area too, So you know, now coming home and you're getting a taste of that throughout the year. It's it's really special for us, that's for sure.
Speaker 9: And in a lot of ways, this is kind of your coming out party here in this ballpark, because I remember during the twenty one postseason, this is where you really made an impression for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, that was a nice way to get eased into my first playoff experience. Was you know, playing against some former teammates and having that familiarity in the postseason made things a little bit easier for me. And you know, yeah, like I said, it's it's great to match up against these guys. And then they've obviously had a lot of turnover over there, but still some familiar faces and a lot of talented players, so it's always a good game.
Speaker 9: Last night, we asked you this after the game, how did you get ready after an hour rain delay?
Speaker 4: But Avan phillips demeanor stayed the same.
Speaker 2: It seemed like, yeah, you know, I had a decent feeling that I was going to be the guy going in. They hadn't said anything quite yet, and when the delay hit, you know, I just tried to stay mentally in it, not get too high and not get too low, stay prepared. And you know, the tricky part there is, you know, during an hour delay. You know, that's another hour since I've done any prep and thrown you know, been stretched out, stuff like that. So that kind of challenges the harder side of it, but not making too much of it. And then when that time comes to get ready to just do what I always do.
Speaker 9: Considering not pitching in a major league game since last year's NLCS, how has your body bounced back for.
Speaker 2: The most part good. I think you can't. You can't really replicate the major league workload. That think that's why we do, you know, a pretty extensive rehab process is to try to you know, get the most out of that as you can. That way, when we're the demands of coming back to the big leagues or when you're when you're ready for that, when that time comes, you're ready to go. And I think that showed, you know, I went back to back right right off of a rehab assignment, and I think that's that's why we do those things. And being thrust into this you know, leverage role again and and you know, I'm happy to be able to you know, jump right back in and you know pretty much pick up where I left off. But yeah, that's definitely a challenge of coming off rehab.
Speaker 9: For sure, you never seem to doubt that you would be able to come back. Why were you so confident that you would be able not only to come back, but to be your old self.
Speaker 2: You know, I think we've just worked really hard at getting back to who I who I can be as a pitcher, and really locking in on, you know, what makes me successful, right so doing the certain things in the minor league games to get ready, building that confidence in myself, and then you know, when it comes up to matchups here in the big leagues, if I go out there and feel like I'm physically prepared and mentally convicted in what I'm doing, I can have success just just against just about anybody. So that's kind of been the recipe, you know, coming off of rehab and building that confidence and just trying to take all that out there.
Speaker 4: I know you're always taking inventory.
Speaker 9: What did you learn about yourself during this whole process of taking a step back because of the jury. Did you come back maybe a better version of yourself?
Speaker 2: Maybe in some ways, I think you're always learning in this game. You know, no one's ever got it all figured out, so to to understand kind of the ebbs and flows of a major league season, and you know, learning that that part of it on a rehab assignment too, where you know, some of those decisions are out of my hands. You know, I'm on a rehab stand that's gonna take, you know, however long, and whether I feel like I'm ready or the team feels like I'm not ready, I had to kind of just stick to that process and make the most of it. So I think I definitely learned a lot about how to handle certain things while I was down there and rehabbing, but certainly just blessed them and you're really excited to be back here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the Dodgers are very fortunate to have Evan Phillips back in their bullpen. And every year is unique, Evan, and the dynamics of a team are different every year. Can you describe what the dynamics are in that Dodger bullpen this year compared to last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've got a couple of new faces, but for the most part, it's a very similar group. And I think our new guys definitely add to what we have down there. So Tanner, Scott Kirby, Luis Garcia, those guys are very unselfish pitchers. They they'll do whatever it takes for us to win, you know, seeing them pitch and you know, different spots here and there to maximize our chances to win the game. You know, that's that's really Dodger Baseball to a team. So it's been great to watch them get you know, adjusted to how we run things, and you know, their personalities messed perfectly with how we operate down there. So it's been a great dynamic so far, and I just hope we continue to build on that.
Speaker 9: It's a long time coming for you and Tanner Scott to be teammates again, now that you're healthy and now that you both are in the same bullpen again with the Dodgers. What's the dynamic between you two now?
Speaker 2: You know, it's great, and it's it's very similar to how we operated in Baltimore. Is just it looks a little bit different. You know, we're on a championship caliber team instead of a rebuilding team, so the work is a little bit different. You know, we're not just trying to develop anymore. We're trying to have you know, we're trying to win and trying to be successful. So for the most part, you know, stuff in between innings and the goofing off. It's all the same, but it's it's been really fun to watch us both, you know, be successful in the box score and come in and be able to you know, give each other knuckles or high fives and congratulate each other on good outings and you know, hopefully continue to build on that and be part of a championship season together.
Speaker 9: It seems like Tanner Scott's throwing more strikes than ever, do you know why?
Speaker 2: You know, I think from what I can speak just with Tanner and from experience, I just see him and he's mentally just much more free than I ever experienced in Baltimore when I was with him. You know, I got out of there and he had a couple more seasons where he had started to put it together a little bit, but you know, when you're trying to develop it, there's so much more going through your head. But I think when you start to win games and competition just takes over. Tanner's a guy that needs that competitive edge, and once you give it to him, he can really, you know, unleash it and just be the best version of himself. And there's no better place to compete than the Dodgers, So it's it's been a lot of fun to watch, and then there's definitely more in the tank there too.
Speaker 9: A lot of guys can't handle pitching for the Dodgers. You obviously know that you've excelled, but some guys the lights get a little bit too bright and big markets. How has Tanner been able to acclimate from pitching for the Marlins and obviously the padres to a lesser degree, But what's it been like?
Speaker 2: I think he's a guy that feeds off of that higher intensity, you know, And I think in sports in general, some guys really need to dial it up, and some guys try to either tow the line like I do, or really dial it back and treat it like more nonchalant. Right. Tanner's a guy that I think, when when it gets intense, he wants that moment, you know. And I think we're gonna have a lot of those this year for the Dodgers, and there's really not many other guys that'd rather have than Tanner Scott and a lot of those innings.
Speaker 4: Has a baby doing, baby bo Phillips.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah, Bo Phillips. That's another part of our friendship. We share, our sons share the same name. Our bows felt a little bit different, but it's still a lot of funn He just turned two years old. He's running all over the place, repeating everything, only the good things, and it's just been a lot of fun to watch him grow and it's happening really fast.
Speaker 9: Hey, truly a blessing, right, absolutely no doubt of doubt.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 9: I always love talking, tapping into your knowledge and sharing you with Dodger fans because relievers get lost in the shuffle. When you're pitching good, nobody talks to you.
Speaker 2: We're special teams, you know, and we make the field goals.
Speaker 3: Everything's good.
Speaker 2: If we miss a field goal, it's you know, all hell's breaking loose.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm glad to talk to you under these circumstances. Keep it going and stay healthy the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Dave.
Speaker 4: There he is the man. Super reliever.
Speaker 9: Evan Phillips has been our guest and he receives a gift card for a pair of brand new sunglasses from Canaan, Canaan's world's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses and are nearly impossible to scratch. This is at Canaan dot Com for your pair, Tim, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: Dv Evan Phillips picking up his first save of the season last night, pitching that ninth inn after a one hour and thirteen minute rain delay as the Dodgers got the win in the series opener last night. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcasts. Enjoy some pizza on this gloomy, drizzly Saturday night here in Southern California. Enjoy some Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 3: It's game night.
Speaker 1: It's grip night at Shakys dot com and we're leading you up to first pitch of Mi Atlanta Dodgers and Braves. Up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on.
Speaker 5: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Lean you up to.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Braves will not start on time. We'll start into delay as the East Coast hit by rain and bad weather. This game will eventually get in and when it does, let's break down this pitching.
Speaker 7: Matchupad now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 1: Matchup presented by your Southern California and Toyota dealers. Work hard and play hard in a new Tacoma with an I Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Spencer Schwellenbach on the mound for the Braves one and two at the two eighty seven ERA, twenty four year old right hander, second round pick at the Braves back in twenty twenty one out of Nebraska. In his second season out of the big leagues, he's already had Tommy John surgery had that in the minor leagues in twenty twenty two. Making his seventh start this season, He's got five quality outings already this year, time for the second most in the major leagues, producing a thirty four percent chase rate in all his pitches that is sixth highst in the National League. Last time out, six innings, four runs, seven hit, six strikeouts and a loss to the Diamondbacks. He won his only previous matchup against the Dodgers. That was back in September of last year. He scattered two runs over six inning while having six strikeouts. He's got a one twenty nine er RA in three starts at Truest Park this season, much better at home than on the road. That is the fourth lowest in Baseball amongst qualified pitchers. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers. Oh Wen one three point fifty five e twenty three year old rookie right hander is the thirteenth Japanese born player to wear a Dodger uniform. He has yet to allow more than three runs in any of it starts to the season, but has completed six innings just once. Last time out five and two thirty eight's against the Pirates last weekend, he gave up three runs on five hits, including a home run walk to while striking out four in a no decision.
Speaker 3: Roki Sasaki still searching for that first win in the big leagues.
Speaker 1: Coming up, We'll get your keys to the game, Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim Gates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowork.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Braids from Atlanta. Game two of this three game cent Rokie Sasaki will get the start for the Dodgers in search of as the lusive first win in the Big League's first pitch is going to be delayed because the weather.
Speaker 3: But let's head back out to the booth. Tim negett Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks again, Tim.
Speaker 8: I'm still in a holding pattern here at Truest Park in Atlanta. Game two of the three games set Dodgers winning the opener last night two to one. Rokie Sasaki is set to make his seventh major league start. He will oppose Spencer Schwellenbach when this game gets underway. Now, as we look around the ballpark here, no players are on the field. They're all in the clubhouse. Typically at this time you would see a starting pitcher out either stretching or starting to maybe play long toss or get prepared for the start. No pitchers are out here, So this game will be starting into delay. And how long that delay will be we don't know. So we encourage folks to stay tuned right here and we'll let you know when we do have an official estimated start time. But it's certainly not going to start on time.
Speaker 6: I'm a little surprised that they have not officially made an announcement to those that are in attendance at the present time here at the stadium. I'm imagine it's going to be coming soon. And how weird is is it? Five minutes ago we were looking at some patches of blue sky. Well, that's going to disappear because it is coming this direction. It is going to hit hard when it finally arrives.
Speaker 8: Temperatures dropping in, the wind is picking up, and that's the indicator that there is a storm front behind it. We're expecting it to possibly get heavy for a brief period of time once it does hit, and then some lingering brain and then there's a window after that to get this game in again. Roki Sasaki is still looking for his first major league victory, and for the young right hander, it's a big start here against what should be a formidable opponent for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and one thing he has to do and then we have two startings starters tonight that opposite into the spectrum. As far as throwing strikes, suzaki Is strike rate that he throws is fifty seven percent. That's the second lowest of any starting pitcher in Major League Baseball. Flip side of the corn swelling back for Atlanta, a very high strike rate to going and for Suzaki has to figure out a how to get that splitter over for strikes where they expand the strike zone and b that slider's been hit as the fastball has been hit. One of the things we'll watch very quickly. We've seen a drop off in velocity of Suzaki. Is that by design or is there something else?
Speaker 8: Keep an eye on Rokey tonight against Spencer Schwelling back again. We'll update your's best we can on an estimated start time when we have it, but this game will start in a delay. The Braves fourteen and seventeen, you know, the Dodgers, winners of six straight, major league's best record twenty two and tend still on that holding pattern. Tim All right.
Speaker 1: We will take a break and actually come back and get a further updates.
Speaker 3: Get you ready for a little rain delay.
Speaker 1: Dodger talk as well as the Dodgers and Rays will start at a weather delay in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 1: They played eight full innings before an hour and thirteen minute rain delay, and they finished the ninth inning immediately after that. The rain still in Atlanta expected through the night, but they're gonna wait this out as long as they can to get this second of three games in Tomorrow's Sunday Night Baseball from Atlanta. Dodgers on an East Coast ten day, ten game road trip, and tonight just game two and already weather affecting both games.
Speaker 3: We'll come back and we'll get more from Truest Park.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Case, and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network