Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on now, good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I'm no ladies and gentlemen, rod.
Speaker 3: Come on, yes, sir, wakey, wakey, hands off snakey rod Ryan Show check. It in not just free beer Friday, because we do a beer for you every hour, thank you Specs. But every beer winner is winning Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. That's right straight up at six, seven, eight, and nine. An additional pair will be given away on air homeroom. You're getting those, We're gonna give us. See you on the fun tat flashback. The next story is Lincoln Park, and I know you got that coming up in headlines.
Speaker 2: It is our headline story. We've got new Lincoln Park for you.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play it twice for you seven twenty and at nine o'clock and then Jeremy will have it for you and Teresa will happen for you at the top of the hour. Every hour today we have it for you twice, so we're gonna listen to it together. We'll take phone calls.
Speaker 2: New Lincoln Park coming your way and more on Houston's headlines. So those are the tickets.
Speaker 3: That's the beer open phones the last hour of the show for chance of rain, cloudy skuys today high of eighty five and let's get right after it. So it's got its own blog page everything you need to know. Yeah, it's starting out with Houston's headlines here.
Speaker 4: It sure is good morning Ron and good morning home room.
Speaker 5: It seems like there's not a bigger story for us, for I got stopped in.
Speaker 4: The hall before I even game in the studio.
Speaker 5: Did you see did you see the new Lincoln Park announcement? They announced her new singer yesterday and it is a woman. Her name is Emily Armstrong and she comes from the band Dead Sarah. So she's joining Mike Shanoda, Joe Hahn, Brad Delson, and Dave Phoenix Barrel.
Speaker 4: And they have a new drummer too, Cole Briton.
Speaker 5: And they played that show that we were talking about, an exclusive show for fan club members in LA yesterday. It was Lincoln Park's first official performance since twenty seventeen. So she notice says, you know what, we feel really empowered with this new lineup and the vibrant and energize new music that we've made together. So again Lincoln Park, I think everyone knows that Chester Bennington is not replaceable, but someone said it's so eloquently on the X and I'm just going to steal their words.
Speaker 4: This is the next chapter for them.
Speaker 5: This is She's not a replacement for Chester, She's the next chapter for Lincoln Park. So, like Rod mentioned, we have a blog page. We'll be talking about this album that they have ready. It's called from Zero Drops November fifteenth, and this first single, the Emptiness Machine, came out yesterday.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get to listen to that.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about the Boeing Starliner with no humans aboard. It's said to begin its journey back to Earth. It'll undog from the International Space Station tonight and land early tomorrow morning in New Mexico. That's the same ship that the astronaut Sunny Williams and Butch Wilmore used to arrive to get to the ISS, but they're going to remain behind that. We're turned to Earth on a spaceic ship in February of next year.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's something you may not realize.
Speaker 5: The first cold cereal was introduced in eighteen sixty three, so cereals around one hundred and sixty years old.
Speaker 4: We have a list of the fifty best breakfast.
Speaker 5: Cereals of all time and might inspire some debate, but it might not number one.
Speaker 4: I think maybe we can all agree.
Speaker 5: Cinemento's crunch introduced in nineteen eighty four, Honey Nutteos Captain Crunchberry's.
Speaker 4: Oreo O's in the top five.
Speaker 5: I don't know froot loops number five. We can argue about this very soon.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 5: Earlier this year, Charles Barkley promised one million dollars to Saint Mary's Academy in New Orleans because this is a private school where two students cracked a centuries old mathematical equation, the Pythagorean theorem. They used a trigonometry proof. That just shows how smart they are, because I don't know what that means. But he sent over the first hundred k, so Charles did. He'll give a hundred k every year for the next decade.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool, all right?
Speaker 5: You know, speaking of Chester, losing a lead singer can be really devastating for a band, but it's not always fatal.
Speaker 4: We have a list of.
Speaker 5: Bands that moved on after their frontman died, and the number one on the list is ACDC bon Scott choked to death. He was then replaced by Brian Johnson. He was the blockbuster album. Brian Johnson was part of that blockbuster album Back in Black.
Speaker 4: Which was released later that year.
Speaker 5: Queen on this list, of course, some type of pilots of doors.
Speaker 4: We'll be talking about that today.
Speaker 5: That's on the music WALG pagees Are Houston, saidline Jacob Alex.
Speaker 6: The NFL Kickoff game went down to the wire last night. The Chips got by the Ravens twenty seven to twenty. Baltimore's Isaiah likely caught what would have been a game tying touchdown as time expired, but after looking at the replay, it was determined that his toe was as as barely out of bounds as it could have been, but it was still out of bounds, so the call was that it was an incomplete pass.
Speaker 7: The NFL, I.
Speaker 6: Mean they found way to kick it, to kick it off perfectly. That was the best game you could have given us to start us off. And when the opening game is in a blow, you can't be upset about that.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 6: NFL Kickoff Weekend continues tonight. Jordan Love and the Packers are going to take on Jalen Hurts and the Eagles in Brazil. That kicks off at seven to fifteen. You can watch the game on Peacock. Texans are going to play their first game of the season Sunday when they face the Colts on the road. They're three point favorites heading into that game and that'll kick off at noon.
Speaker 7: You can watch it on CBS.
Speaker 6: In college foot balls, some notable games on the scheduled Tomorrow, we get number three ut taking on tenth ranked Michigan at eleven am. That's the big game of the weekend, and the U of H is going to play fifteenth ranked Oklahoma at six forty five. In baseball, Astros fell to the Reds yesterday one to nothing. They are now seventy five and sixty five on the year. They're going to open up a weekend series with the Diamondbacks tonight at minute made Bramber Valdez will be on the mount for the Stros.
Speaker 7: First pitch is at seven to ten.
Speaker 6: You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety that what's going on spots all right?
Speaker 3: Free Beer Friday Beer winners, Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party tickets without further Ado, Four Hours of Pain starts right now.
Speaker 8: Manday Briday.
Speaker 2: You got a free man Friday, Free.
Speaker 8: Bam Friday, Right Friday Day, Right Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: Show, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Hi ah right are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great?
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 10: Jacob?
Speaker 2: Call her number ten? All uh, you got the first case of beer today, Jacob.
Speaker 3: And all of our beer winners are getting Rot Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets, the hottest ticket in town.
Speaker 8: Good Man, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I think it sounds pretty good. October twelve, Carbock Brewery, we're inviting you shine down, Subline Blow October Theory of the Dead Man xcs are all performing acoustic, unplugged steps. You cannot buy your way in, You must win your way in. And there's gonna be three more of you today on the show.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be four more of you, actually, but three more beer winners.
Speaker 3: Jacob are gonna be just like you.
Speaker 2: Beer and tickets to the hottest show in town.
Speaker 3: Dude. Congrats, Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: I appreciate it, man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I need you to have the best day ever.
Speaker 3: Okay, hired you too, man, Thank you, thank you. Jacob straight up at seven straight up at eight and at nine we will do the same, and then I'll have a fifth pair today that I'm gonna give away on the fun Fat Flashback, so you're gonna get that.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing is this Lincoln Park.
Speaker 3: I heard the song already, so I couldn't wait to listen to it with everybody. I didn't watch the live stream yesterday, but I've been kind of going through all of your emails and it's running the gamut of emotions. Lincoln Park is such an emotional band for so many of you, so we're gonna obviously.
Speaker 2: Talk a lot about that.
Speaker 3: I thought it was interesting that Tessa led with that as the headline of Houston Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 4: Biggest story.
Speaker 3: It really is, It really is so everything you need to know about this new Lincoln Park live shows. There's a little mini tour, there's an album release date. I've got the track listing, I've got everything. We're gonna talk about Lincoln Park, but most importantly, we're gonna play Lincoln Park and we're gonna have that new song for you with the new lead singer at seven twenty, and then we're gonna play it again at the top of the hour at nine, and I imagine people are gonna want to talk about Lincoln Park a little bit on open phones today, so I'm here for it. It's going to be a very very quick four hours. Uh homeroom, Cody going for win number two, fresh out of bad head to head challenge. You want to take him on, We'll be looking for you to call in and to take on Cody coming up after this short break. Okay, So I know everything seems rushed today, but man, we got a lot of ground to cover in this four hours.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm so happy you're up with us.
Speaker 12: The Buzz, Rock and altarand Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 3: Ninety four, Fuck the Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. So it's a big three beer Friday show today. We already had one big winner, your beer winners today. If you are a beer winner, you're getting rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 2: Now that's four times right. You know we give away beer at the top six, seven, eight, nine.
Speaker 3: We've got another parent tickets for you want the fun fact flashback, We'll get you into that anniversary show. So five of you in your guests, so adding ten people to the party. Looking for ten really rocking party people today. I know you're out there. Forty percent chance of rain, cloudy skies, highs today of around eighty five. And then the weekend not a washout, guys, nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain on Saturday.
Speaker 2: No rain, sunny and eighty eight on Sunday. Some of you told me you're putting up your Halloween.
Speaker 3: Decorations this weekend. Shit, have good weather for that.
Speaker 2: What's trending everything? Lincoln Park everywhere, I mean Lincoln.
Speaker 4: Park is the biggest story of the day everywhere.
Speaker 2: And I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: We're going to play the song at seven to twenty an hour from now, we'll be rocking out to new Lincoln Park.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's pretty incredible.
Speaker 5: All the details that we were kind of just finally we could only speculate. Right now everything has been confirmed. So we'll be talking about their new singer, lead singer, former lead singer of Dead Sarah Yeah, and mixed reviews. But it's gonna be the headline all morning. So the bigger, the next biggest story, I think the NFL starting last night, which Alex is covering in sports.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's gonna mention.
Speaker 5: That Taylor Swift was at the first game of the season, So I'll do that she was there. Barstool was very funny, like defending Super Bowl champion, Taylor Swift has arrived.
Speaker 4: She was behind some glass.
Speaker 10: She was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was like extra security for her.
Speaker 7: In both they might have security people didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well that's how there were. So yesterday it was leaked that hey, she.
Speaker 5: Might be at the game because the security was briefed on all the things that they would have to do. So that and yeah, then are banding Friday. Those are the things that are trending for us. On ninety four five of the.
Speaker 13: Bus, Good morning, everybody, This is Cody after a year's n now, I know you guys just put a Cody in the Hall of Fame. I like the sound of that. The bat Cody's in.
Speaker 2: The Hall of Fame.
Speaker 13: I am your fresh out of bed at the One Day Champion. Join me on free beer Friday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 2: Does he sound wasted?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 3: I just felt he was like that was the ramblings of a drunk man right there. Seven one, three, nine five. If you want to play.
Speaker 2: It's free beer Friday with rod Ryot.
Speaker 3: I don't drink in the morning.
Speaker 2: On ninety four.
Speaker 3: Five the buzz that would sound awesome, stripped down and acoustic. I don't know what they're going to do, but Theory of a Dead Man is part of the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. I would love for them to do that song. October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. We already put someone in that party. The first beer winner, the second beer winner, the third beer winner, and the fourth beer winner at nine o'clock are all getting tickets to the right and show twentieth anniversary party, plus on the on Today's Fun Fact Flashback, I'll have another pair for you. So yeah, getting a little nutty here, five pair of tickets to the anniversary show on today's program, fold in some brand new music from Lincoln Park Beer. Other tickets sold out, imagine dragons tickets. I know the show today and then open phones you guys. Of course, I would never want Fridays off. I love it here on Fridays. Forty percent chance of rain today Claude's guys, high eighty five.
Speaker 2: Let's play a game, and now each.
Speaker 3: Time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge listeners to your corners, Cody, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Cody.
Speaker 3: How are you good. How does the sound of one pump chump sound to your great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that shouldn't sound great, dude. You don't want that. You don't want that because we will call you that for the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: Gay anytime I see you out, Cody, you're one pumpy chucks. You said, Okay, you take it on Travis today, Travis?
Speaker 14: What up?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: Travis?
Speaker 2: You've never played before.
Speaker 3: Never a lot of fresh fish going on this week. Well, it's great having you on.
Speaker 11: Oh you have to, Travis go lightly days.
Speaker 3: Holy cow, that other Travis.
Speaker 2: I gotta try to hunt him down. I want him to come to the twentieth anniversary show.
Speaker 3: What is he like?
Speaker 2: He's like a merchant marine or something. Yeah, I don't know where.
Speaker 3: He is a wing.
Speaker 7: Nut by his own rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love to have him come at the twenty anniversary show. Hey, Travis, I'd.
Speaker 3: Like you to shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two correct answers will win you this.
Speaker 4: I've got a Rod Ryan Show t shirt.
Speaker 2: Okay, and this guy is fresh right.
Speaker 3: I just want salmon. I said it four times, oh specifically Salmon Travis. Yeah, okay, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Cody, Travis, it's game. On Question number one, what brand did the real men of Genius ads in the nineties?
Speaker 2: Cody? Three?
Speaker 3: Two one?
Speaker 2: Oh got it?
Speaker 4: I think you got it.
Speaker 2: You got it in there, dude, well done. What are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: Cody? Cody? Good morning? Yeah, you're on the board. I need you to really speak up.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can barely hear you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, you're gonna lose man speak up?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: He doesnt want to speak up? Question number two, what's the last name of the mic? Everyone was trying to be like Cody Cody for the win. Jordan didn't need all the three seconds.
Speaker 2: On that one. Here you go, Cody.
Speaker 3: You a little sleepy this morning? Always always yeah, early, I know, Travis. Where do you get to spend much time together? Did we?
Speaker 2: Travis? Travis?
Speaker 4: Travis went slightly Travis.
Speaker 3: Apparently Travis is gone. Okay, why is this sounding so Monday? Hey, Cody, do you want to play on Monday's? Okay? All right, all right, guy rod Ryan Show Win number two No. One Punk Chump All.
Speaker 14: Right, Hi, Ter durm Ball.
Speaker 3: It's football time in Houston with the rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: I'm ninety four or five the Buzz, ninety four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 3: That's green Day, American Idiots. Rod Ryan Show Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 2: All of our beer winners.
Speaker 3: Getting rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. I got some fun facts, the fun fat flashback. Today is another pair of rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. You want to be in that party October twelve.
Speaker 2: I know you do. At the Carbont Brewery.
Speaker 3: Five pair of tickets in total giving away today on the show. Forty percent chance of rain. Cloudy skies today, high of eighty five. The rest of the weekend not a washout, guys. Only a twenty percent chance of rain on Saturday. No rain on Sunday. High of eighty eight. Same champion, frensh out of bed Head.
Speaker 2: To Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: This is Cody.
Speaker 13: I am your fresh out of bed head to head Tuesday champions.
Speaker 11: So sorry, no one talk chop for you.
Speaker 13: Join me on Monday when I make it win.
Speaker 11: Number three bitches.
Speaker 2: A little sleepy. He doesn't talk to me at all. When we get off the air, I'm like, great game.
Speaker 3: He's just like, all right, radio boy, just let's do the speech here, let's get out of here. Yeah, he's a tough one.
Speaker 2: He's a tough one, but he's winning.
Speaker 3: He was a good game. Well no it wasn't, but he won.
Speaker 15: Is the fuck?
Speaker 1: That's the day.
Speaker 16: Come on, we make you look smart in every body's That's the day.
Speaker 2: I brought this first fun fact in for Alex.
Speaker 3: Alex, I like what you do with your past the gravy pictures, and you take a lot of funny photographs and insert you and Pat and Bobby Jokes faces on some historical things.
Speaker 2: I think you guys do a really good job of that.
Speaker 3: I really I always look forward to seeing what kind of image you're going to use for your new past the gravy.
Speaker 7: That makes me happy.
Speaker 3: I need you to hear this. Okay, any unauthorized alteration of an FBI ten Most Wanted Fugitives poster is a violation of US federal law.
Speaker 4: You're under arrest, is what he's saying.
Speaker 3: So you and your boys could become felons by photoshopping and BI ten Most Wanted Fugitives posters eleventh wanted.
Speaker 2: You're good if you're don't know.
Speaker 6: If you do the eleventh though, and they catch number one, they immediately come tents and now you're illegal.
Speaker 3: Like is are the members of past the gravy? Are they eleven, twelve and thirteen most wanted?
Speaker 7: We're like two people away getting caught from like being in trouble.
Speaker 2: I would stay away from it.
Speaker 3: You don't do it.
Speaker 7: All you wanted?
Speaker 2: Person is all right?
Speaker 3: The United States imports more oil from Canada than from all of the Middle Eastern countries combined.
Speaker 8: That is f.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of oil up there. Have you ever heard of the Edmonton oilers?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 2: Actually it's the Houston of Canada.
Speaker 7: They won't win the Stanley Cup.
Speaker 3: No, that where you were born, Rod, I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Basically, I'm an America vacation.
Speaker 3: Ad Lib is short for the Latin phrase ad libitum.
Speaker 2: That's neat, which.
Speaker 3: Means at one's pleasure.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you saw what Jessica Simpson's looking like lately, but I would love her to add lib all over me.
Speaker 16: It's the FuG that to the day, we make you look smart and funny. Every buddies.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck that to the day, Alex, don't laugh at that funny Jessica.
Speaker 3: She's on the Looking at Girls blog page today.
Speaker 4: I'd been great.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, it'd be cool if we had cool giveaways.
Speaker 3: Do we have anything?
Speaker 5: Yeah, pair passes maybe show twentieth anniversary party?
Speaker 2: Ever ever heard of it?
Speaker 4: All day?
Speaker 18: Wow, it's your fun.
Speaker 3: Guys, brought Ryan show twenty anniversary party. One of the members of the band Nickelback, worked at this location.
Speaker 2: What he was selling cost a dollar forty five. People used to give him a dollar fifty. He would give them a nickelback. Where did this member of the band work with the change and everything? Seven to one three too? No, they didn't just.
Speaker 3: Tap their card in the nineties. Ok, hey, you had to carry cash seven one three two win two five ninety four five?
Speaker 2: Where do you work?
Speaker 3: It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, hal Is on the phone, he's right here.
Speaker 2: Hi, how brother, good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 19: Hell?
Speaker 2: How'd you do on Wall Street?
Speaker 3: Yesterday?
Speaker 20: It was a mixed down Wall Street now was down two hundred and nineteen points. Kick off this morning at forty thousand seven fifty five nastac up forty three to seventeen thousan twenty seven bench Maar ten year Treasury set a three point six nine percent in oil SANSUS sixty nine dollars twenty eight cents a barrel to the Mossacks, the big duds Amazon, Mark and Apple, the big duds Coca Cola, am Jen and the United Hell on the economic calendar this morning, we'll get the US unemployment rate for August. Right now futures, Oh, they are on the downside. Come on the turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out here. This is Howland manus director with Raham James, order for the Riding Round show from Raymond James.
Speaker 3: Sound same, Polip, I think I dumb?
Speaker 11: Does a rock with your stock?
Speaker 19: Guy Ovimian's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAN this program is are educational and informational purposes. One the studs of Duds are based on the movement, as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 2: For fin the Buzz.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Uh just play us.
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 2: Good morning. Who's on the phone.
Speaker 3: It's not a dude, Julie. Not a dude, Julie. Ye, listen, I would love to have you in the party. You've been a great part of this show for so many years. Don't have this up?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, okay.
Speaker 3: A member of the band ankle Back is responsible for the naming of the band because they worked at a establishment where what he was selling cost a dollar forty five. People would give him a dollar fifty and he would have to thus give them a nickelback. Where did he work?
Speaker 16: Dartha?
Speaker 2: You're in?
Speaker 3: You're in here? Come on, we are not even doing a party without not a due Julie. There, twentieth anniversary, you're in.
Speaker 21: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I believe it was Mike Kroger, the bass player not Chad, that worked at Starbucks, and he's the one that responsible for the naming of the band.
Speaker 2: You sure you're free?
Speaker 3: Did you check your calendar?
Speaker 2: Not a dude Julie, it's free. It's October twelfth. You sure you want to check and get back to me.
Speaker 3: You're in.
Speaker 2: We're going to count on you to be there.
Speaker 3: Awesome congratulations show celebrating twenty years.
Speaker 7: Ninety four or five, the bus.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Free beer Friday. Room walked away from the hour with two pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Show. It's a pretty good hour. So straight up at seven, eight and nine, that's when we give away beer today. Thank you, Specs, and we'll give you more tickets, pairs of tickets with every case to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Okay, New Lincoln Park. I know you're talking about it. We're gonna get into it right now. We're gonna talk. We're gonna play the song at seven twenty this morning. We'll all listen to it together. I'll take phone calls. I want to I appreciate everybody. People really took the time. Well, okay, let's get into it. Because people really took the time I wanted to say to send me really thoughtful, well crafted, well thought out, not shooting from the hip emails about what they experienced yesterday with that Lincoln Park live stream.
Speaker 5: That's always so much better than just saying, oh I love it or I hate it. It's you know, like you said, the shoot from the hip stuff is one layer when people decide to go deep and like really really analyze how they're feeling.
Speaker 4: We appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Because it creates a really good It creates a good conversation.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm trying to think. You know, there's a lot of bands that we play on this radio station where people walk around and say that's my favorite band. There are so many of you that shared with me that said Lincoln Park is your absolute favorite band, whether you like the direction that they're in or not. We are in a new era of Lincoln Park and that's what you're starting with today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they announced their new singer yesterday. Lincoln Park's new lead singer is a woman. Her name is Emily Armstrong and she comes from the band Dead Sarah. So she joins Mike Shinoda, Johann Brad Delson, Dave Phoenix Ferrell and they have a new drummer as well, Cole Britton. They they played in that exclusive show which we were kind of talking about for fan club members in La yesterday. It was their first official performance since twenty seventeen. Much Notice said in a statement, we feel really empowered with this new lineup. I almost don't want to talk over her singing.
Speaker 2: We're going to get to listen to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he says, this new lineup.
Speaker 5: They feel empowered by it and the vibrant and energize new music that they've made together. They are still exploring, you know, these new sonic touch points that they're weaving together. But you know, they already have an album. It's called From Zero. It drops November fifteenth. The first single, the Empty Disk Machine, came out yesterday and that's what we're going.
Speaker 4: To listen to together.
Speaker 2: And they have live dates.
Speaker 3: They're playing live. They've got a mini tour that is already in the books and tickets are going to be going on sale. So they've got a couple of shows at the Well. They got one show September eleventh.
Speaker 2: That's very soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're doing a live, full on concert already. I think the rollout is brilliant. New single, new album, and here's some live dates we're going to do. Yeah, which is interesting because they're playing September eleventh in Los Angeles, on the sixteenth in New York. The twenty second of September, they go to Hamburg, Germany.
Speaker 5: Yeah, after those two dates La New York, most of the dates are outside of the US, so.
Speaker 3: They're in Germany on the twenty two days later, they're in London at the O two Arena. Then they're playing Soul South Korea, and then they're playing Columbia. So one, two, three, four, five, six, select dates to just kind of like, hey, hey world, this is our new lead singer, and this is where we're at right now. We're gonna spend a lot of time talking about Lincoln Park in the seven o'clock hour, and like I said, the most important thing is listening to this song without our voices over it.
Speaker 2: So I can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 3: People are already talking about it on our Instagram at Rod Ryan's show, and not everybody wanted this, but that's where we're at and that's what Lincoln Park is doing.
Speaker 2: I personally love it.
Speaker 5: The federal government is looking into the possible deceptive or unfair practices.
Speaker 4: In connection with airlines reward programs.
Speaker 5: The Department of Transportation announced yesterday it was launching a probe of the top four airlines, so letters were sent to American, Delta, Southwest, and United Airlines. Instagram rolled out a new feature that is bound to be a favorite. You can now leave comments on stories. Of course, they're temporary, just like a story post. There are conditions. Accounts, anyone the poster follows back can now leave comments, and for public accounts, anyone the poster follows can comment whether or not they're followed back. To turn the feature on, go to how others can interact with you, then click comments, and then you just set it on.
Speaker 4: People can now comment on your story. There'll be a thread there.
Speaker 5: The South Park guys are tired of presidential politics. That's one reason why season twenty seven to South Park is being delayed until next year. Matt Zone says, we've tried to do South Park through four or five presidential elections, and it is such a hard thing to do. It's such a mind scramble, and it seems like it takes outside importance. It kind of takes over everything, and we just have less fun. Trey Parker adds, I don't know what more we could possibly say about Trump they're forever trolling those guys, but they're gonna take their hand out of the presidential politics this season.
Speaker 2: Hey Motley Krue.
Speaker 5: Is set to release a Doctor Feel Good At thirty fifth anniversary box set.
Speaker 4: Thirty five years for.
Speaker 5: Its release, Doctor Field Goods stands as one of the great rock records, one of the last great rock records of the nineteen eighties, and one of the greatest rock records of all time, the band shared in an announcement. It'll be available on CD vinyl, will feature newly remastered version of the album, as well as Rare Demo's live tracks.
Speaker 4: I mean, you guys, get it. You know what a box set is.
Speaker 5: Replica posters all about the whole thing comes out November twenty second.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 2: Well all right, well, let's talk some football the NFL.
Speaker 6: That's all right that But the NFL's kickoff game went down to the wire last night. The Chiefs got by the Ravens twenty seven and twenty. Baltimore's Isaiah likely caught what would have been a game tying touchdown could have been a game tying touchdown as time expired, but after looking at the replay, it was determined that his tow was out of bounds, so the past was called incomplete. The NFL kickoff week and continues tonight. Jordan Love and the Packers are going to play Jalen Hurts and the Eagles in Brazil.
Speaker 7: Kickoffs at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on Peacock.
Speaker 6: And the Texas will play their first game of the season Sunday when they face the Colts. Heading into this game that they'll kick off at noon and you can watch it on CBS. Some college football notable games on the schedule tomorrow, the Big One, number three Texas taking on tenth ranked Michigan at eleven, and then U of H is going to play fifteenth ranked Oklahoma on the road. In baseball, the Astros fell to the Reds yesterday one to nothing. They're now seventy five and sixty five on the year, still four and a half games ahead of the Mariners for first place in the Al West. They're going to open up a weekend series with the Diamondbacks tonight. A minute made first pitches at sevent ten. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 2: Sports Houston's Rock and Alternatives the.
Speaker 19: Road last morning show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: You get Friday, five day.
Speaker 8: Day, Bam Friday, you got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 18: You got free Bamn Broday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: Right, Bam Friday and Friday and Friday.
Speaker 2: It's a big free beer Friday today. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 22: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 23: My name's Mary.
Speaker 3: Hi, my name's Mary.
Speaker 2: It's a big morning free beer Friday. I announced it. I couldn't put it together before I left the show yesterday, but immediately like ten oh five, I put out a video and I said, hey, join us on free Beer Friday because I just secured Rob Ryan's show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 3: Tickets with every case of beer. So that's going to be four very very lucky people this morning. Okay, Oh my god, yes, your.
Speaker 2: Caller number ten. You are winner number two today. Oh my yodnion.
Speaker 3: I'm some saddy.
Speaker 24: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I have tried so many years to get in and never have. Well you must have, I mean won something before.
Speaker 11: From our Yes, no, absolutely not about not.
Speaker 14: But I've tried over and over and over.
Speaker 23: Never gave up.
Speaker 2: Never get it, Mary, That's crazy. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 14: I know, I know right then, I get bonus, right is bonus?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're gonna win, you get better win big man.
Speaker 3: So it's a case of beer and it's twentieth anniversary show tickets, all right, you gotta win your way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did just that.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 14: Have a big happy frye.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It is frye. I like the sound of that.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you just real quick because you've got such great energy. Are are you in on any of this Lincoln Park stuff that's going on right now?
Speaker 2: Are you caught up on everything? Have you heard the song any of this?
Speaker 14: So I did hear a little piece of it, like yesterday evenings, and I listened. I was caught up because of y'all on my way into work because at work it's like super like just dedicated to work. But so y'all are catching me up, and so I am excited to see what's coming because I was a fan, but not like diehard like some of the other people that are. But they're definitely a great thing. And to look forward to seeing what comes in the future.
Speaker 3: And yeah, awesome. Hey Mary, you've been awesome today. Thank you for being a part of the show. I can't wait to party with you at the anniversary party.
Speaker 15: Yes, I know it.
Speaker 14: I'm going to meet you for the first time ever. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: And you have a thinking Thanks Mary, Thank you so much. That sounds like a pretty good addition to our party. Yeah, forty percent chance of rain cloudy Skuy's eighty five over You're high today and then the rest of the weekend great, okay, twenty percent chance of rain nothing over that for Saturday, mostly sonny eighty eight and then sunny eighty eight.
Speaker 2: No rain on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Good looking weekend, Good looking weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Lincoln Park is the headline story they announced yesterday. They put out a they went live, and they did a concert yesterday to announce their new lead singer, Emily Armstrong.
Speaker 2: I want to read this email from.
Speaker 3: Bill, he said, Brother Rod, I'm going to listen to the new Lincoln Park with you guys live at seven twenty.
Speaker 2: But please help me.
Speaker 3: Everyone walking around like they knew who dead Sarah is. Can you help me out with this? Well dead Sarah has never been mentioned more than they have in the last twenty four hours. That's where Emily Armstrong comes from. We played Dead Sarah on this radio station. Weatherman was the song, and he and two other people asked like, could you play a little bit of this weather or Dead Sarah? And Sarah's at Buzzfest. They were at Buzzfest. You're absolutely correct, and she can sing her ass off.
Speaker 10: This is.
Speaker 3: This is probably the most well known Dead Sarah song. This voice that you're about to hear is now the new voice of Lincoln Park.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's got a great stage presence. She clearly has an amazing voice. I'm happy with the decision. Do you remember the song, Tessa, I'm trying to.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 3: I remember specifically the song, her singing it and her pouring into those vocals, And never did I think, oh, one day she's gonna do what she's doing now, But she just she was so impressive live.
Speaker 5: She's got that, like you said, she's got that that pain in her voice, like that little like that raspy.
Speaker 2: Little dirt in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got a little dirt, yeah when she hits those notes. So yeah, everyone's walking around like they know who dead Sarah is today? Most people don't, but we're going to play the song. I just here's all I want to do. I want to take a break.
Speaker 8: I have to.
Speaker 3: I want to come back. We'll find out what's trending. I don't want to give away tickets. I don't want to do anything. I just want to listen to this Lincoln Park song because, in all honesty, I'm standing around. I went out to dinner last night. I'm standing around with some friends and we listened on my phone for about like a minute and a half, and I said, that's it. But that's all I've heard is from the dumb little speaker on my phone yesterday.
Speaker 4: I've just watched clips from the show on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, we're gonna listen to the song. We're gonna take phone calls. We're going to talk about Emily Armstrong, We're going to talk about what you think the direction of the band. I'm gonna let you guys speak on all of it. It's coming up after this break Rock.
Speaker 19: And Alternative to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Manty four and five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Welcome back, all right, I'm really really excited because I still I am experiencing this with you guys. This will be my first real listen to this brand new track from Lincoln Park. So we're gonna play that for you in entirety. Of course, I'm going to open up the phone lines and let you guys talk a little bit about it. Let's find out what's trending first, and I'll just tell you you know this, it's just Lincoln Park everywhere anything dealing with Lincoln Park. I mean, I saw Dead Sarah was trending because we were just talking about that's the band that the new lead singer has come from, Emily Armstrong.
Speaker 2: There's just Lincoln Park. It just threw up on the internet.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Today just assumed that Lincoln Park is trending. That's going to be the first trend all day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, let's get a little excited about tennis.
Speaker 5: Both the US Open Men's and women's final, we'll see an American competing for the title.
Speaker 4: This is pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Succeeded American Jessica Pegoula rallied from one set down to win her semifinal match. Jessica Pegoula is the daughter of the owner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her mom and dad owned the Buffalo Sabers. And then when the bills were, you know, threatening to maybe possibly leave, and when John bon Jovi was trying to buy him, and they beg they begged the Pecola, the Pagoula family, please buy the bills, keep him here.
Speaker 2: So they bought the bills and that's their daughter. Now that is a pretty bad ass.
Speaker 4: He's pretty bad ass.
Speaker 5: You don't get to the final of the US Open by not being an extreme elite athlete.
Speaker 4: So good for her.
Speaker 5: She's gonna play someone for Belarus Ariana sa Blanca, and.
Speaker 4: I hope, I hope she wins. We're going for her. She's our galp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's born in Buffalo out so Buffalo versus Belarus.
Speaker 4: Okay, So yeah, that's swing on there. Travis Kilsey had a football game last night.
Speaker 5: His girlfriend was there. But I want you to know he added another acting credit to his resume. He's gonna be He's gonna We knew that he was going to be in Happy Gilmore Too. Did you know that he's gonna be a cameo and Happy Gilmore Too?
Speaker 2: Nobody's in some horror movie as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a horror saga on FX grotesqueery. Yeah, he's gonna be in that, his exact role being kept under reps for now.
Speaker 7: But Blank Wine too didn't put out new music today.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying you trending, Alex, send it to me. I would let you know. I like Blink you team Blank All right, here's.
Speaker 2: What I have for you.
Speaker 3: I thought I would just I thought I would read an email, okay, and then we're just gonna play this song.
Speaker 6: Ed.
Speaker 3: So many I said, sobody well fought out emails talking about Lincoln Park. It's so many of you told me that that's your favorite all time band. ED says to me, Rod, huge Lincoln Park fan here during the entire time that you guys have been mentioning the anticipation of LP's announcement, I was completely anti Rod, okay, because I said that I want the band to continue, I want a new singer in there. I want these songs to live, I want new life in them. And he was like, no, Rod, No, I am anti Rod. What you think. No one could ever replace what Lincoln Park meant to me and many others. No one could replace what Chester's voice represented to an entire generation, or should I say multiple generations, when in fact watching the LP live stream and the new singer Emily when she came out, I was heartbroken. Mike Shanoda and some of the band noticeably not originals, not all originals were present.
Speaker 2: They've been drummer. The drummer just walked away, by the way. The drummer just said, you know what, and Mike Schanoda said, yeah, his heart wasn't in it and he just distanced himself.
Speaker 3: Over the years and just didn't want to do it.
Speaker 2: After hearing their new.
Speaker 3: Song, and by the time Numb was played, I started to understand her voice was not there to replace Chester, but to honor him.
Speaker 2: When my favorite song, Papercut started, it was like.
Speaker 3: I remember the first time I saw Lincoln Park in concert and brought a tear to my eye. Her voice was raw, natural, not there to replace, but more to bring her talent, to bring great new music back in remembrance.
Speaker 2: I'm one hundred percent in. I will give this a chance.
Speaker 24: Ed.
Speaker 2: Great email, great email. They have a new album coming.
Speaker 3: Out, they have a tour they're playing in They're playing in what five days from now? They're playing on September eleventh, Yeah, in Los Angeles. Then they got to show in New York, then they head to Germany. This is the brand new song with the brand new lead singer. It's Lincoln Park, The Eptnis Machine ninety four to five, The Bus.
Speaker 16: You're blades sharpen with percision, flashing your favorite point of view.
Speaker 8: And I know you're waiting in.
Speaker 2: The distant.
Speaker 25: Just like you always do, just like you always do, already pulling me in, already on the muskin, And I know exactly how this sends.
Speaker 1: I let you cut me.
Speaker 25: Open just to watch me blade, gave up who I am for who you wanted me to be.
Speaker 1: Don't know why it's open.
Speaker 8: What I want see falling for.
Speaker 16: The promise of emptyenis machine, the emptiness machine.
Speaker 1: So I got me ball.
Speaker 4: It's been sucking.
Speaker 1: How we lose.
Speaker 8: Christmas?
Speaker 1: Pop under the Dot.
Speaker 5: Occupon in Zookeeponensbury Plan.
Speaker 1: Anthy and a Mustard.
Speaker 4: And I know exactly how the SNSI that you caught me.
Speaker 1: Just lasting.
Speaker 8: Can not.
Speaker 1: Walking rocks Nay has Sha.
Speaker 2: I only wanted to be part of something. I only wanted to be part of Para.
Speaker 1: Want Want wanted just.
Speaker 2: Ye ninety four and five, The buzz new music from Lincoln Park. I didn't know it.
Speaker 3: I'd ever say that again. It's called The Emptiness Machine. They have a new album. It's called From Zero. It's gonna be out on November fifteenth. They rolled out everything yesterday in addition to their new lead singer. They not only said, this is our new lead singer, this is our new song. We're gonna play some old stuff. This is how she does on the old stuff. They put on a concert and now they're gonna take it out on the road. So all we know right now is there is I guess you'd call it a mini world tour. They got one, two, three, four, five six dates. September eleventh, they're gonna be in La on the sixteenth, Y're in New York then, I mean.
Speaker 2: They don't waste any time.
Speaker 3: September twenty second, they're in Hamburg, Germany, then two days later at the O two Arena in London, and then four days later they're in Soul Soul, So, South Korea. And then on November eleventh they play Columbia. So they're gonna play everwhere are they coming here? I'm sure they are, they just don't have that announced as of yet. The lead singer is Emily Armstrong. Brian sends me an email, I just heard the news. I heard you talking on the radio, and I'm yelling in my truck, pounding my steering wheel. Dead Sarah has been my wife's favorite band for about a year now. We listen to them all the time. Emily Armstrong rocks, She's gonna kill this. That's what listener Brian says, that's your first time hearing the song? Yes, what'd you think?
Speaker 4: I think? I think I just have so much respect for this chick.
Speaker 5: Like I think, walking into a band like this, it doesn't matter, like the amount of confidence you have to have in your craft to say that I can step in this role.
Speaker 4: I accept the.
Speaker 5: Offer to be with this band as they're like going in their new path or journey or next chapter, whatever you want to call it. I think and kind of gave me chills, Like when her part came. I think the lyrics kind of talk to that too, talk to that. I really I liked it, and I'm excited for them and I'm happy they're back making music.
Speaker 2: So that's how feel, Alex. I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 6: I think that it was I like that Mike kind of took the lead on it and didn't like they didn't open it with her. It was like, hey, all right, this is this is who you're familiar with, and now check out the new the new girl. She was pretty awesome in her part. I'm definitely gonna need to listen to this a few more times to you know, make a full decision on it. I thought it was all right.
Speaker 3: When you watch the movie Jaws, it takes over an hour until you see the shark. In the movie, you know that it's it's eating people, and you see people drowning and being tore apart. You don't see the shark. True, this is a three minute song. They wait an hour before she sings. Okay, they wait an hour before she comes on. I think the release of this song, you're only gonna get a chance to hear this song one time. Okay, you're listening to Mike Shanoda. You know he can sing zast off. You're waiting, where is she? Where is she? Where is she?
Speaker 2: It's gonna wear off and it's just gonna be a song now. But I'm waiting where is she?
Speaker 3: And then she comes on, and I think her presence is felt immediately because even in that first like Mini Bridge, I thought, Okay, maybe she's gonna come on here.
Speaker 2: No, still, Mike, damn it, where is she?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's a brilliant first single. The album is called From Zero. It's out November fifteenth.
Speaker 2: Track listing, there's a from Zero intro and then the second song on the album is this one, the Emptiness Machine. I love it.
Speaker 3: I made my thoughts known that before I knew who it was going to be. I wanted a new lead singer of the band. I wanted the band to carry on. You talked earlier today, Stone Table, Pilots and ac DC and Queen have all done it with a singer passing and going on and continuing to be successful. This is good, This is really good, Hobby. You've been on hold. The longest you called, you called right when the song started. So I want to hear your thoughts on this new Lincoln Park brother rod Man.
Speaker 26: So I have to say, Man, if you seen the stream yesterday, you can see how much life was it was in Mike Schoda's I mean it was just restored and seeing him just have fun on that stage, it was it was everything.
Speaker 27: It was everything for our for the LP LP community and to be able and then the singer. On top of that, I got to see, uh that was they opened. They opened the stream with that song, so we were presented right off the back. And right when that happened, I freaking flipped my phone on. I turned on the Google. I turned on the Google thing.
Speaker 26: I'm like, what is this?
Speaker 28: What is this?
Speaker 17: Nothing came up and I'm like, oh my goodness, this has got to be a new track. And sure enough, Oh my goodness, she is just amazing. I might be biased because I have a little rocker chick daughter at home, and it's amazing to be able to see my generation.
Speaker 26: And then she's gonna have this new, this new Uh say yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want my daughter to to listen to Lincoln Park. Yeah, and this new version. If this is what gets her into Lincoln Park, I'm here for that too.
Speaker 2: Heather, good morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts, sir?
Speaker 2: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 28: I couldn't wait. So I did watch the live stream first, and it was really emotional. I did have mixed feelings when they started singing Somewhere I Belong, but I listened to it fully. I've seen the emotion and Mike's knows, you know, faith and everything and I'm here for it, and she has the big shoes to feel and I think she can do it.
Speaker 2: Wait to go, great review, Chris, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 24: Brother?
Speaker 26: Rod?
Speaker 2: Good morning? What's up?
Speaker 26: Man?
Speaker 2: What are you thinking about this? Lincoln Park Dude.
Speaker 3: I've got to say Lincoln Park's music has this unique quality of like setting your blood on fire, okay and just damping you up. Sure, and I absolutely felt that listening to this song.
Speaker 29: I'm gonna listen to it ten more times today to really process it.
Speaker 3: But I loved it. Thank you, Chris, I appreciate it. Neil, Yes, sir, good morning, good morning, welcome in. Hey.
Speaker 17: You know by the music Canalty, it is definitely licking part that lady can wail.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's gonna.
Speaker 11: Take a little while to get used to it, but you know what, it'll be just fine.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: It's gonna take you a little bit.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I love link.
Speaker 30: A part and I haven't heard much of what Emily had to offer as far as did there or anything, but she can she can flat ass get it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's all good Neil, thank you, and one more, Adam, go ahead to Adam, Hey, what's going on? Brother, that's up, bro, talk to me. But we've got a new Lincoln Park track here. It's called the Emptiness Machine. I mean, people are commenting on the song. People are commenting about their emotions, how they feel about this, this decision they've made.
Speaker 2: Who's singing now? Go ahead at them anything you want.
Speaker 10: I'm saying, I've never really been on board of keeping a band alive after somebody's gone from it.
Speaker 11: But this one, Yes, yeah, takes off, takes off.
Speaker 2: Great comments on them like a rocket ship.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you, crazy, I'm going to agree with you. I'm going to agree with you what I did kind of get and what I'm seeing online.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they're going to do this. It's impossible. It's an impossible task. They seem to be wanting to just say, Hey, this is us now, how are you not going to talk about this new singer? How you can't It's going to be the focus of.
Speaker 3: Every interview they do for the next year. But I'm getting the vibe that they don't. They just want to talk about being back as a band. They want to talk about as a unit, and they don't want to talk about individuals. That's what I'm getting already from reading certain things and seeing Mike's comments. You're going to have to talk about Emily Armstrong. You're going to have to talk about Chester. You're going to have to talk about these things.
Speaker 2: I get it. Hey, this is us, and this is us.
Speaker 3: Deal with it.
Speaker 2: Let's just move on.
Speaker 3: You can't avoid it. You can't avoid it. You absolutely can.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I just feel like him picking her, you know, the band backing her. It's like, hey, this is who we're going with, you know what I mean? Like, what other questions do you have?
Speaker 3: We have a million questions? Yeah, you know how many people did you try out? You know who else was up for it? They'll never tell us that, but it'll come out. It will come out. Or was she the only one and she was always going to be the one. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know either.
Speaker 3: All Right, guys, we're gonna play this song again for you at nine o'clock chill. He put together a blog page everything you need to know about this album coming out on November fifteenth.
Speaker 2: I think the rollout is brilliant with live shows.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's ballsy.
Speaker 2: Who does that. Here's the single, here's the album, and we're gonna go out and play it live. And we're gonna play.
Speaker 3: Old stuff live too, because they showed that in the stream yesterday. How do we keep this energy going? Oh oh, hey, you go oh that's how you keep the energy. I told you guys early in this business, when I first started doing this.
Speaker 2: The guy looks over, I mean said Ron.
Speaker 3: The trick is keep him on the dance floor.
Speaker 2: So I think Lincoln Park got you out there. I don't want you to leave the dance floor. You stay right where you are. This is House of Pain ninety four or five, the bus House of Pain. Jump around. Good morning, rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: I've got about a million emails to go through here, people talking about Lincoln Park.
Speaker 2: We're going to play that song again for.
Speaker 3: You to start out, well, you know, free beer Friday. We'll play the new Lincoln Park at nine o'clock. Discuss a little bit, but then we'll get into your calls. If you want to talk about Lincoln Park and open phones, absolutely, I mean anything goes for open phones. You guys get the entire last hour of the show. If you're looking for sold out imagine dragons tick. That's cool. We're gonna get one more of you into tonight's sold out show on No the Show, and then I guess we've been so caught up and talking about Lincoln Park. All the beer winners today are getting rot. Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets. So that's coming up at eight. That's coming up at nine. Chris sends an email and I couldn't disagree more. He said, Man, that new song sounds great, deserves a spot on the buzz for sure. Okay, so far, I agree, she sounds very similar to the og Okay, Yeah, but I feel like maybe they should have maybe Nate changed their name while keeping the rights to the old playlist, like you know, like Ultra Bridge did, Chris.
Speaker 2: That would cost them.
Speaker 3: Millions and millions and millions of dollars if they change the name. Okay, Lincoln Park will play arenas with this singer. If it's the Mike Schanoda Emily Armstrong project, they're playing the House of Blues bro Lincoln Park using the name, using the logo. They're gonna headline every festival next year as Lincoln Park, not as the name.
Speaker 26: Guy.
Speaker 2: It would cost them a half a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: They would lose, They would leave money on the table, not calling themselves Lincoln Park.
Speaker 2: So it's not even that's not even that was never thought of. I'm sure of it.
Speaker 5: It's so weird how people insert they felt like Chester made them feel so such a different way that they insert themselves as if they were besties with him, Like you have to understand, like these were his real besties, and this is what they're choosing to do, Like you're it's wild to me, Like I know the feelings that Chester like invoked out of everyone, but you have to remember, like as close as you feel to him, Mike's best friend, Bro, Mike, that was that was his best friend, Yeah, not yours, and he's the one making the call.
Speaker 4: Like is that getting lost I feel like that's getting a little bit lost in translation still well as I'm saying, well, yeah, you're allowed to feel, but you're you're acting like.
Speaker 5: You're his best friend that has the that makes the call or not.
Speaker 3: That's the connection that people have though, you know, they connect with him, they connect with the lyrics, they connect with the band. I don't remember that. I don't remember a time when people came to me and said, brough this is my favorite band of all time. I'm like, oh yeah, Okay, what are your thoughts, Please share that with me. So I think some more of these calls are gonna come in during Open Phones today, and I'm absolutely here for it, even after. Jeremy is going to play the song every hour. Okay, he's gonna play ten, eleven, twelve. I think Teresa's gonna play it every hour as well. So you're gonna get plenty of opportunities to let that new Lincoln Park kind of seep into your soul.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz or five The Buzz Incubus, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: On this free Beer Friday, Man, we're gonna get to that case of beer and Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party tickets will have all of that for you coming up at the top of the hour. Next hour Whitney Cummings tickets of course, Open Phones Friday, New music from Lincoln Park in the nine o'clock hour, and then we leave you which sold out.
Speaker 2: Imagine dragons tickets.
Speaker 3: My goodness, man, we're already coming up on a halfway point of the show. Okay, Tessa Houston's headlines, please the.
Speaker 5: Biggest story of the day Lincoln Park announcing their new singer yesterday.
Speaker 4: It is a woman.
Speaker 5: Her name's Emily Armstrong and she comes from the band Dead Sarah, so she joins the band along with a new drummer, Colin Britten. Shanoda said in a statement, we really feel empowered with this new lineup and the vibrant and energized new music we've made together. So yeah, there's new music. They already have an album. It's called From Zero and it drops November fifteenth. The first single, the Emptiness Machine, came out yesterday. We collectively listened to it and we're going to listen to it again very soon to the show at about in the nine o'clock hour. So yes, the live stream was yesterday. It's all anyone that is in this world can talk about, and we'll be talking about it all morning as well. The Boeing Starliner with no humans aboard, is set to begin its journey back to Earth. It will undog from the International Space Station in n Iland early tomorrow morning in New Mexico. This is the same ship the one astronauts Sunny Williams and Butch Wilmore used her arrive to get to the International Space Station, but they'll remain behind they'll return to Earth on a SpaceX ship. In February, DASA officials said the ship wasn't in shape to bring them back and determine the safer option was to bring the ship back unmanned. The hatches now closed on the star Liner and it's in the process of the return preparations.
Speaker 4: Here's something you may not have realized.
Speaker 5: The first cold cereal was introduced in eighteen sixty three, so it's been around for about one hundred and sixty years. And Complex dot com has a list of the fifty best breakfast cereals of all time. You want to fight about it, we totally can.
Speaker 4: I think we can all.
Speaker 5: Agree on number one, cinnamon toast crunch I get how much people love it.
Speaker 4: It's not my favorite.
Speaker 5: Fruity pebbles snubbed, not even in not even on this top twenty list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what's not on the top twenty Freddy pebbles.
Speaker 5: They have oreos oreos, Yeah, those aren't good.
Speaker 4: It's not even like I don't even think of that when I think of cereals.
Speaker 5: Honeynut Cheerios number two, Captain crunch berries, number three, oreos, number four, loops five, Lucky Charms in at number eight Cocoa pebbles.
Speaker 4: On the list at number eighteen.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, pebbles are better than fruity pebbles.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hurting for me all day.
Speaker 4: We could argue after this, let me get through this.
Speaker 5: Earlier this year, Charles Barkley promised a million dollars to Saint Mary's Academy in New Orleans, the private school where two students cracked a century's old mathematical equation. Did you guys ever understand anything about the Pythagorean theorem using a trigonometry proof?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 7: Not nerves?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, these two students get it, and Charles has sent over the first hundred thousand dollars. He's going to give one hundred k every year for the next decade, which is pretty cool. There was a sixty minute segment on these segment on these students, and they're very, very impressive. All right, let's talk about losing a lead singer with all this Lincoln Park re emergence. You know, losing a lead singer is devastating for the band, but it's not always fatal to their success.
Speaker 4: Here are some bands that moved on after their frontman died.
Speaker 5: Acdc's bond Scott choked and Brian Johnson was quickly choked to his own death. But I should say that Brian Johnson was quickly chosen to replace him, you know.
Speaker 2: How quickly.
Speaker 3: Five months after they lost their lead singer, they put out Back in Black with a new singer wild. Five months they went in the recording studio and recorded one of the biggest rock.
Speaker 4: Round my favorite album. Yeah, the biggest, one of my favorite albums ever.
Speaker 3: I don't think people know that said five months later, you just lost your singer, and then you take this new guy out on the road, yeah and introduce him.
Speaker 2: And we don't have the internet.
Speaker 3: All we have our angry people that are buying tickets holding up sign saying you suck.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you remember, everyone grieves differently, Like, look how long it took for Lincoln Park seven years. Meanwhile, you know, when Taylor Hawkins passed away, they've grow win and he wrote all these heartfelt songs about him. That's how kind of his healing process. So let's go through this list really quick.
Speaker 4: Queen. Of course.
Speaker 5: Freddie Mercury died from complications of AIDS in ninety one. In two thousand and five, they started performing with Paul Rodgers, but since twenty.
Speaker 4: Eleven they've been relying on Adam Lambert.
Speaker 5: Sun Temple pilot Scott Wiland died of an accidental overdose in twenty fifteen. Jeff Gutt had been their singer since has been their singer since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: The Doors, Jim Morrison, Leonard Skinner, Ronnie van.
Speaker 5: Zant, Alison chains Lane Stanley had addiction issues. They re formed with William Duvall. So you can go read this list. It's actually a very good read on the music blog page. And those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 2: Take it. The NFL kickoff game went down to the wire last night.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs got by the Ravens twenty.
Speaker 3: Seven to twenty.
Speaker 6: Baltimore's Isaiah Likely caught what could have been a game tying touchdown as the time expired. After looking at the replay, his toe was on the line. It was ruled an incomplete catch and the Chiefs won the game.
Speaker 2: Tessa and I are watching it on TV.
Speaker 3: We're we're looking at that dumb big It's the dumbest big toe ever.
Speaker 4: I just asked Rod, when is the Chief's luck going to run out?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: When is it over?
Speaker 7: I don't know. They got better.
Speaker 21: They oh God, God, Xavier Worthy and he's they have the punk guy star they have Yeah, the punk on Mattaresa Like their defense is good.
Speaker 6: We're in trouble, guys. And Kickoff weekend continues tonight. Jordan Love and the Packers are gonna take on Jalen Hurts and the Eagles in Brazil.
Speaker 7: Kickoff for that is at seven to fifteen. You can watch the game on Peacock Textan.
Speaker 6: They're gonna play their first preseason or first game of the regular season on Sunday when they've faced the Colts on the road, their three point favorite heading into this game that's gonna kickoff at noon and you can watch it on CBS.
Speaker 3: Who Patrick Mahomes is my new Tom Brady. I want to punch him in the face.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, maybe he's He's a freak. He's a freak.
Speaker 2: Thomas big Toe Ever.
Speaker 6: The NOO games on the schedule for tomorrow's college football slate. We got the big game of the weekend being number three ut taking on number ten ranked Michigan at eleven am. Uf H will also play fifteenth ranked Oklahoma at six forty five, and baseball Astros fell to the Rams yesterday won the nothing.
Speaker 7: They're now seventy five and sixty five on the.
Speaker 6: Year, still four and a half games ahead of the Mariners for first place in the Al West. They're gonna open up the weekend series of the Diamondbacks tonight at Minute Made Park. Cramber Valdez have been in the mount for this shows. First pitch is at seven ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven. I need that is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: They shun chop off that guy's toe so it never happens again. He will never he will never step out of bounds again.
Speaker 7: Shop like that time.
Speaker 4: You don't want cameras like, come on, that looks like a touchdown.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to take your talk. I'm gonna have to take it.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, chop it off.
Speaker 26: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna wear it around my neck.
Speaker 7: Still covers how can they cover out?
Speaker 12: Is Rock Houston's alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Alex, I'm gonna go here with this one. Sorry is good?
Speaker 2: You want you know you shure.
Speaker 7: Frank it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Friday one more.
Speaker 2: Friday, Oh so good?
Speaker 8: Free Bam Friday, A free Bam Friday.
Speaker 18: You've got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday Day Friday.
Speaker 2: Right, Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: Good morning A.
Speaker 2: Who's this, Rudy.
Speaker 3: You're color number ten?
Speaker 2: All right, here we are, Rudey. Hey dude, it's free beer. Briddy. You just heard that wonderful song we played.
Speaker 3: Then everybody that wins beer today is getting rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets. Rudy, You're get their all right?
Speaker 4: All right, rabb my jersey coach that he said you can have.
Speaker 3: They all go in the office. Yeah, Vince Vaughan was one who turned his jersey and little Skinny Vince Vaughan wide receiver and that Rudy movie. Congratulations, Rudy. Can't wait to party with you on the at the well. I guess it's at the twentieth anniversary party. It is on October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. Okay, can't wait, man, I can't wait too, man, I can't wait. I don't know who did that pre your Friday song. I don't have a name.
Speaker 4: You don't know who that amazing artist is.
Speaker 3: Obviously he guy named he sent it into us. But don't we kind of need to know who that is.
Speaker 4: I would love to know them. I think they should perform at.
Speaker 7: They should do that.
Speaker 3: Anybody want to admit this is them?
Speaker 2: Friday to Friday from I mean, he gets up there.
Speaker 3: That is jamming.
Speaker 5: He gets up there having a jam Sandwich's.
Speaker 2: Lucky Mike Shinoda didn't call him.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: I don't know who is that?
Speaker 3: Who is that?
Speaker 4: You know yourself?
Speaker 7: Who is that?
Speaker 3: I don't even remember when they came in. That thing's got to be ten fifteen years old. Let me take a break, let me come back. I got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending.
Speaker 2: Whitney Cummings is going to be in town tomorrow night sevene and three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: I got some tickets for you.
Speaker 12: Sit tight Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Shown The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Free beer Friday, another case of beer coming your way straight up at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: You'll get a case of beer.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Specs, and we will give you rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets after you're queue to call for the beer at nine o'clock at the top of the hour, we will play that new Lincoln Park song for you, and then Jeremy will play it at ten, and he'll play it at eleven and twelve.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure that's still trending everything Lincoln Park.
Speaker 4: Lincoln Park is dominating.
Speaker 5: But I'm glad because remember, yes, you were like I was kind of a dud someone I read in like the comments or like, that makes sense because because it winded down like the old air of Lincoln Park, wind it down, boom, We're starting from zero now we're taking it back up for the launch. It kind of made sense the way they said it. They obvious I obviously didn't quote it exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm choosing to forget the whole countdown count o'clock. I'm happy with the song. I don't want to talk about like what they did to get here. I'm glad they're here. I wanted to add this because the other big music story and people will tell me rot it's not that big a deal. Oasis added two more shows at Wembley. Yeah, seven shows, that's kind of huge. That's seven hundred thousand people in one city that are going to see a band. If you don't think Oasis getting back together is a big deal. You're nuts.
Speaker 2: You don't have to like him.
Speaker 3: It is a huge, huge, global deal. People are coming from all over the world when they look at there's going to be seven hundred thousand people in one stadium on seven shows in one city.
Speaker 2: So they hinted as well, that's what I took from it. They also hinted that there might be some American dates coming up. So that's it.
Speaker 3: So those are the two big music stories. But what else is trending?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 5: Did you see that former President Trump says he wants billionaire Elon Musk to lead a government efficiency commission if he's elected. This was a pretty big story yesterday. He outlined the plan when he was giving remarks yesterday. He said his economic plan if he wins his second term in the White House, would.
Speaker 4: Bring down inflation.
Speaker 5: But he wants Elon Musk on his stack cabinet position.
Speaker 7: I guess wild.
Speaker 5: Also, Alex Morgan announced her retirement from soccer yesterday. She also announced that she has the baby on the way. She's preaking with her second child. The congratulations to her, and yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: The that's on the Looking at Girls blog. Page.
Speaker 5: There is another a lot of other news. Binny Friday is still the number one link. But looking at girls blog page right there at number two, that's what's trending on night four five of the bus.
Speaker 2: And Jili's got everything you need to know about Lincoln Park. There's a link up for that separate.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, you got some tickets?
Speaker 26: I do?
Speaker 4: I have highly suspect tickets at no.
Speaker 3: This is Whitney Comings.
Speaker 4: Oh did we already give away highly suspect No, we.
Speaker 3: Skept it because we were talking about Lincoln Park where it is eight twenty.
Speaker 5: This show is tomorrow, so Whitney Cummings is going to perform at seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: We've got a pair of tickets to this, all right, Whitney Commings tomorrow night. She was on looking at girls this week. She had a birthday this week. Looking her call her number ten number ten seven one three two one two five five. Hoobastag Crawling in the dark on the bus. I have the buzz. Good morning, brought Ryan Show? Who was stank?
Speaker 2: Let's go over to the phones here. Good morning, Good morning, brother, good morning.
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 9: This is brother Drew.
Speaker 2: How are you all doing this morning? Man brother from another mother, Drew. Congratulations, dude, you're caller number ten.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get you those tickets to go see Whitney Cummings tomorrow night seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thank you, brother Drew, Drew, Brother Drew, all right, dude, have a good time.
Speaker 11: I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: Don't be nervous.
Speaker 7: It's just us.
Speaker 3: We're just nobody's listening today.
Speaker 2: Nobody's listening, Drew.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: You got through. Congratulations, have fun.
Speaker 15: Okay, Yes, sir, thank y'all so much.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend. Thank you, thank you for listening. Now, you said we skipped something earlier.
Speaker 4: High least suspected by us center.
Speaker 31: Damn it.
Speaker 3: They deserve better high list respect deserves better than me. I think this is the second time this week I've skipped the Kits.
Speaker 2: I love this band.
Speaker 3: I'm not putting them on the shelf. I'm not putting baby in the corner. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 11: Patrick?
Speaker 26: Hi?
Speaker 2: Patrick?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 2: I gotta get my act together here.
Speaker 3: I didn't give away highly suspect tickets last hour, and I'm looking for somebody that maybe wants to rock out. On November eighth, at the Bayou Music Center, Patrick, would you like to go see Highly Suspect on me?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir than done.
Speaker 4: Okay, see gave away the ticket right you made it good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I know.
Speaker 2: Because it was after the Lincoln Park and I was excited and we're talking.
Speaker 3: My hands are flailing around, and then I forgot to give away the tickets. Patrick, Highly Suspect, you're in dude.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you, my friend, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's my that's my brother Patrick right there too.
Speaker 2: Okay, are we caught up?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So the only thing we have left giveaway is beer Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets at the top of the nine o'clock hour, we're playing New Lincoln Park, taking a bunch of phone calls. You guys filled the whole hour full of anything you want to talk about, and then we leave you which sold out. Imagine Dragons tickets for tonight. Okay, I can handle all that. Those will be my marching orders moving.
Speaker 32: Forward, twenty years of Mayhem in the Morning with the run Ryan Show only on ninety four.
Speaker 3: Or five of the Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz every time we play one of these bands. We played Theory earlier, today, that of course is Shine Down. These are bands that are going to be at the rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party, and I know you're excited about it.
Speaker 2: I'm super excited about it too.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we're giving you some extra opportunities today on the show to win some tickets. All the beer winners today so far have won twentieth anniversary party tickets with their beer, and we'll do the same for the nine o'clock hour. Brent and Zach from Shiningdown, which you just heard, they're gonna be performing an unplugged set.
Speaker 2: We got Jacob Nole.
Speaker 3: You know that was I've done deeper on the music blog page Testa, you're doing a story about bands that have continued with different lead singers. You know, Sublime did it. You know they lost If this wasn't replacing a lead singer. This list was bands whose lead singer died and they decided to carry on. They had Rome in there, and now they've got you know, Brad Nole's son, Jacob Nole is going to be performing with Sublime at the rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party.
Speaker 2: They're not out on tour, they're not.
Speaker 3: Doing a whole lot they've only done two shows and he's coming in for this. That's a huge deal. I think they've only done two shows with Jacob, so he's going to be performing. You got Justin and Ryan from Blue October, Theory of the Dead Man I mentioned, and the ex Sis. I gotta get on Wizard. He's got to give us that new EXI song. It's really good. I know we're playing it at night here. So still no on sale. There won't be an on sale date. You're just going to have to continue to try to win your way in to the twentieth anniversary show. So good luck on that beer straight up at nine o'clock today, then open phones. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: If you want to talk more about Lincoln Park.
Speaker 3: I'm down. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. I mean, I'm not going anywhere until ten. Still emails pouring in about Lincoln Park. They're coming in all morning long. It's great.
Speaker 2: We'll play that song for you straight up at nine o'clock.
Speaker 3: Forty percent chance of rain today Claude's guys Hip about eighty five, and then the rest of the weekend looks awesome. I see nothing about a twenty percent chance of rain tomorrow mostly sunny eighty eight will be high Sonny eighty eight, no rain on Sunday. Google has been releasing this they look back at the top. Who, what, where?
Speaker 6: Who? What?
Speaker 3: When? Where? And why questions that were asked on Google. Okay, I don't know what the takeaway is from this, but the last one is funny and it came up on this show for the very first time.
Speaker 2: But I'll make you wait.
Speaker 3: Who. The number one who question that was asked on Google last month was who is speaking at the DNC tonight.
Speaker 2: People love this stuff.
Speaker 3: They love it because and I think a lot of this was Beyonce. A lot of this was brought on, like is Beyonce going to be there? She never said she was going to be there? Okay, you got Oprah? Should be happy? You got Oprah?
Speaker 2: Uh, you got Mindy Kaling?
Speaker 3: Okay, should be happy?
Speaker 6: What what did we?
Speaker 3: What was the what was the what question? What does monkey pox look like? Should I google that? I don't know what monkeypox looks like?
Speaker 10: Do I have it?
Speaker 3: I have monkey it did?
Speaker 26: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The who the who declared it a public health emergency last month. So it starts out looking like pimples or blisters, and then it turns into scabs.
Speaker 2: Ew how you people feel about the word moist. I feel that way about the word scabs, scams.
Speaker 6: I don't like that word scout scabies is.
Speaker 3: I would not wish scabies on anybody. Do you know what scabies are?
Speaker 4: It's like rabies and a scat.
Speaker 7: There's a bunch of sca your body.
Speaker 11: Do you know what?
Speaker 26: It is?
Speaker 7: Not good?
Speaker 3: I had a friend that had scabies. She must have broken the law. She had to do some kind of community service. They put her at I'm not going to mention the place, but a place that takes lightly used clothing, okay, And she was in the sorting room she got scabies. You know what it is? It's bugs get in your skin. They lay eggs.
Speaker 4: Oh like tiggers.
Speaker 2: They lay eggs under your skin.
Speaker 4: That's what tigers do.
Speaker 14: Good.
Speaker 2: I thought trigger's just a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, they burrow in you and they I'm never going outside.
Speaker 26: Uh?
Speaker 8: Who?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 3: When? When does the Love Island Reunion air? It was August nineteenth?
Speaker 4: I know, so I agree that that was one of those.
Speaker 3: Was me and the where the number one where question on Google? Where to watch the Love Island Reunion?
Speaker 4: What is going on it's it was such a good season.
Speaker 2: Was it the first season?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 7: Had a million?
Speaker 4: It was like a third.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's the who, just like Rob, that's the who?
Speaker 8: What? When?
Speaker 2: And where?
Speaker 3: From last month? What is the why thing that people looked up? Your boyfriend Josh Tree looked it up this week because it was set on this show.
Speaker 2: Why is everyone saying demure? Can you explain this? I think I have the original? Does she swear no? Because she's a demure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's I think I have the original.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go play it, play it because that's the best way this This lady went viral.
Speaker 3: Is she a bigger girl?
Speaker 4: She's a big girl.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I don't know if I have the right one. There's so there's six thousand demure videos. This one claims to be the og.
Speaker 2: I hope it's it's she's okay, very cuty, close up.
Speaker 3: Of her face?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the original?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 33: See how you do my makeup for work? Very demure, very mindful. I don't come to work with a green cut crese. Don't look like a clown when I go to work. I don't do too much. I'm very mindful of while I'm at work look very presentable. The way I came to the interview is the way I go to the job. A lot of you girls go to the interview looking like Marge Simpson and go to the job looking like Patty and Thoma, not demure.
Speaker 2: So that's all it takes to go viral.
Speaker 4: Now, that's it and everything becomes to your you. How I sit when the plane lands and I don't clap because I'm demure? It was mindful.
Speaker 3: It was the hottest slang term on TikTok last month, mindful demure and your boyfriend looked it up. Why are you guys saying demure on the radio?
Speaker 2: People are talking about, Well, you gotta let joshre.
Speaker 6: Know the some of the see okay, we that were there searches for Demi Moore because I feel like Demi Moore had to have a search increase.
Speaker 2: There was probably a huge.
Speaker 3: Uptick in a month in Demi Moore views for Sure.
Speaker 12: Host's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: The Buzz, Yeah, the Buzz, Good morning, Ron Ryan's show. Just a little over one more hour to spend together this morning. I've told you we got It's Free Beer Friday today. I told you it's a little bit Free Beer Friday on steroids because we've got the Rod Ryan Show twentyth aniversary party tickets going out with every case. So we've done it three times, let's do it for the fourth one as well. So if you win beer, great, we'll see you at the party. After we give away that beer. Then we'll turn it over to Open Phones Friday. Of course, we're going to play that new Lincoln Park song. So I imagine maybe some of the open Phones calls, just because just about every email I have is dealing with Lincoln Park. I imagine there'll be some extra time in the nine o'clock hour if you want to work in your thoughts what's going on with Lincoln Park. You can use that for your time on Open Phones. You can use that time for anything that you want, and then we'll leave you. Imagine dragons are in town tonight. It's a sold out show. We have a pair of tickets for you. We're gonna give you those on know the show today. Chance of some rain, cloudy skies, looks like that's gonna blow over, and then I don't see anything. Twenty percent chance maybe tomorrow no rain on Sunday. It's gonna be a little cooler though, Man upper eighties. New Lincoln Park Number one story still.
Speaker 5: Huge, huge story, biggest headline Lincoln Park announcing their new singer yesterday. It's a woman. Her name is Emily Armstrong and she comes from the band dad Sarah. So they also Lincoln Park also got a new drummer, Colin Britain, and they played an exclusive show for a fan club members in LA yesterday and it was all live streamed on YouTube. It was Lincoln Park's first official performance since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: And then they let us know that they already have an album ready. It's called From Zero.
Speaker 5: The entire album's going to drop November fifteenth, but we did get to listen to the first single, the Emptiness Machine, because that came out yesterday. They're also saying they're going to do a handful of live dates starting next week, most of them are outside of the United States. But I just think it was an overall exhilarating moment for a band that hasn't performed since twenty seventeen, and it is the biggest story of our news cycle, our news day for sure.
Speaker 3: September eleventh, they're playing the Key of Form in Los Angeles. A couple of days later, they'll be at the Barclay Center in New York. Then they head over to Germany, UK, South Korea, and Columbia. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's all we know from right now. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't put together tours. I don't know how they pick those places. It seems pretty random, you know, but they must know where their pockets are, of where their popularity is. So just to kind of it's just to tell the world we're back, we're back, we're back, and they're not going to do all this, put out an album, put out a single, do all this to not go on an extensive tour. Okay, so my guests, I have no inside information. Of course they're going to be coming through here. Yeah, so when I don't know. But it seems like they've really got their stuff together, you know. And if they're putting out this album next week, you want to go out and play those new songs and you want to show off this new shiny, new lead singer. Can they put something together September? Can they do it before the end of the year. I don't know. I mean the whole music industry winds down in December, so I bet they wait until the new year.
Speaker 2: That's my guests.
Speaker 5: I think that they've been working a lot in private already. So yeah, we're just gonna have to wait and see how they play this out. Okay, let's move on to some other national news. The frequent flyer programs of the top four US airlines are being investigated for unfair practices. So the Department of Transportation said yesterday that they're launching a probe to make sure consumers do not face deceptive or anti competitive practices from the major airline carriers. So letters were sent to American, Delta, Southwest, and United and the airlines are ordered to provide records and submit reports about their reward programs, saying, Okay, making sure you're doing this the right way, little check.
Speaker 3: Up on them.
Speaker 5: You can now leave comments on Instagram stories. Instagram rolled out a new feature. The comments would be temporary, just like your Instagram story is a twenty four hour type of deal. There are conditions though. For private accounts, anyone that the person who posts follows back they can leave comments. For public accounts, anyone the poster follows can comment whether or not they're following back. So to turn the feature on, you go to how others can interact with you in your settings, and then you click comments.
Speaker 4: You can toggle it on.
Speaker 3: You know, dude, I left you a comment on your story to see it. No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: There's so many there's already, there's so much.
Speaker 7: I DM you on Twitter, on Instagram, Facebook. I don't check all of this.
Speaker 2: Bro Facebook Messenger. He didn't see my You didn't see ten things? You didn't see it?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. I got email, I got phones, I got text coming in. I can't keep up with more messages.
Speaker 4: I have about.
Speaker 5: There's about a handful of people that send me at least five stories a day.
Speaker 4: I have no idea who they are. They send me five stories a day.
Speaker 5: And because I don't like my little thing blue eye contact, madd go in, scroll through it. Look at one of them tomorrow, like clockwork, clockwork talk about south Park. Guys retired of presidential politics. That's one reason why season twenty seven of South Park is being delayed until next year.
Speaker 4: Matt Stone.
Speaker 5: Creator Madstone says, we've tried to do the show through four or five presidential elections, and it's a hard thing to do because it's a mind scramble, and it seems like it takes outside important outsized importance. It kind of takes over everything on the show, and he says they have less fun that way. Trey Parker adds, I don't know what we what more we could possibly say about Trump? They've done episodes on him and many other political figures. Thirty five years after its release, Doctor Feel Good stands as a lot last great rock record of the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 4: So this is from a PR release from Motley Crue.
Speaker 5: They shared that in an announcement it will be available on CD vinyl and it will feature newly room mastered version of the album.
Speaker 4: They'll be raare demos, behind the scenes photos. You guys know what a deluxe album is, right. It'll also be available digitally. It all comes out November twenty second. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you got in sports?
Speaker 6: So the NFL kickoff game went down to the wire last night. The Chiefs got by the Ravens twenty seven to twenty. Baltimore's Isaiah likely caught what could have been a game tying touchdown. It's time inspired, but after looking at the replay, it was determined that his toe was out of bounds, so it was in incomplete pass.
Speaker 7: And the Chiefs were awarded to win.
Speaker 6: The NFL Kickoff Weekend continues tonight if you go see that players on the sports blog page today. Jordan Love and the Packers are going to play Jalen Hurts and the Eagles tonight in Brazil.
Speaker 7: Kickoff is at seven fifteen.
Speaker 6: You can watch it on Peacock textan you A're gonna play their first game of the season on Sunday when they faced the Colts on the road. Their three point favorites heading into this one. Kickoffs at noon, you can watch it on CBS. In college football, some notable games on the schedule tomorrow. The big one is going to be number three ut taking on tenth ranked Michigan at eleven am. You can watch that on Fox. And then U of H is going to play Oklahoma at six forty five. And baseball Astros fell to the Reds yesterday one to nothing. They're now seventy five and sixty five on the year. I'll open up a weekend series with the Diamondbacks tonight at minute. Made famber Valdez is gonna be in the mount for this Jows first Pitches at seventen.
Speaker 7: You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we're working ahead of you. We're going into free beer Friday and open phones. We'll be hitting our mark here. We're gonna have a lot of time to talk to this next hour guys for open phones at New Lincoln Park. What's the next song you're gonna hear?
Speaker 4: Houston and The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 18: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday, Rock Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Hey, Well hello, who's this? Glamor from the suburb Summer Sistler mantras?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, I guess you dipped out of the tournament before the final four.
Speaker 22: I know, but we ended up going Team Charles.
Speaker 14: He did so good.
Speaker 2: He did good. You did good though you traveled far in the brackets.
Speaker 3: The reason I said that you didn't make it to the final four because all the final four people got tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party. I'm not rubbing it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what I am doing right now is saying that.
Speaker 3: Your caller ten, I'm going to give you beer, and then all the beer winners do get tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 20: You're in.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for you, Glamor. Good to have you back on Wow.
Speaker 2: I'll see you guys there, you will because I planned on going.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be there October twelfth, Carbont Brewery. Only way to get you, only way to get into the show is by winning. Blamer just did that great job.
Speaker 27: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Did you hear any of this new Lincoln Park stuff.
Speaker 12: Of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 26: I like it?
Speaker 3: Like what you heard? Okay, all right, Glamour, thanks for being on the show.
Speaker 2: She did good in the suburb summer, Sissler.
Speaker 3: She did she did good.
Speaker 2: I mean she won a couple of games. That's it, guys, that's it. I'm out of tickets for the party, at least for today.
Speaker 3: We'll give you tickets next week and then.
Speaker 2: I want to do something again.
Speaker 3: I want to do something fun, do something fun. Maybe give away a chunk of tickets again. We'll do that next week. But I thought it was kind of nice to spice up free beer Friday today, and so we give away five pair today. That's a chunk, isn't it. Imagine Dragon's tickets coming your way on Know the Show, anyone else anything. I'm on the second listen of Lincoln Park Anything. I don't want to leave it.
Speaker 4: I had to run out of the room get to look hear it again.
Speaker 2: I was wondering.
Speaker 3: I don't have the answer to this, and I don't know if they've talked about it. Did Mike Shanoda write the whole song? Did he write her lyrics as well? Is he allowing her to influence? I don't know how the writing is handled. I haven't seen that yet. Chester co wrote that stuff, and Chester wrote the stuff that he did. You know, Mike would present something to him and then Chester, I'm sure, would you know, mix it up and do his own put his own thing on there.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much leeway she's getting with that.
Speaker 7: I wonder if he just is like, here, write a verse for this, or this is what I want.
Speaker 2: You to do for now.
Speaker 3: Let me do the writing, and then when you get comfortable, boom, let's put out an album.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna write it. You do this and then and then you know, I'm open to you, maybe you know, coming in and maybe doing some more. I don't know how it's working on this album.
Speaker 6: Still kind of make sure that it was that Lincoln Park sound that he wanted and it didn't change too much.
Speaker 2: Protect the franchise. You know, there'd be a question. Hey, Mike Shanoda should do an interview with me.
Speaker 3: I got a couple of questions for you. You know, it's open phones.
Speaker 2: You could talk about anything if you want to talk about Lincoln Park. Fine, open phones for Friday, Open phone Friday. More like open phones, fride Yay. First phone call for open phones is gonna be William good morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a's it going man?
Speaker 9: Our first thing real quick, dude. Thanks for those popper roots shine down tickets. That concert was mad as Oh did you win? Did I sang better than three other people? For the critcia sic?
Speaker 3: Things global?
Speaker 2: It was a while ago. All right, that's awesome? Will you good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The Lincoln Park song was cool, man, But like I like, I like it?
Speaker 9: But did it just I don't know, it felt like it was a band that you'd like, but they kind of found like Lincoln Park. It's my opinion, like cool song, but it sounded like it was a band that's like, hey, you know, they remind me of Lincoln Park, you know, like Metallica pops up in other people's bands, like I don't know, even Sevenfold, Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is what I think probably is maddening as an artist when you put out a new do you do you do stuff that you know? You do you protect the franchise, as I said, and make a song that sounds like it's yours, or do you go in a new direction. Guess what the last time that Lincoln Park put out at album? But the last time Lincoln Park put out an album. Okay, I was here, we played new music from that album and guess what, people tore it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tore it out. They tore it up because they didn't like the direction.
Speaker 3: So now what you're telling me is they put out an album that sounds like Lincoln Park. It's like, maybe that's not the way.
Speaker 2: To go either.
Speaker 11: What do you do?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I went through that with Fear Factory.
Speaker 9: They lost you know, they've had stuff and now they got a new singer.
Speaker 3: They're like, hey, okay, all right, William, thanks for the.
Speaker 7: Call, bro.
Speaker 2: You have a good one and enjoy the weekend. But to thank you.
Speaker 3: Hey, Milton, you're up next on open Phones Friday. Good morning, Hey, good morning brother Rod.
Speaker 2: What's everyone doing so great?
Speaker 3: Man? What do you got for us today?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 34: I just wanted to time in talk a little bit about Lincoln Park, you know, and the more you hear the song, the better it gets. It's fun, it's got the classic Lincoln Park feel well of course with a new voice there, and it's just great. Like I think one of the listeners earlier said, you know how Lincoln Park has a tendency to kind of just build it up, build it up, And that's exactly what they did. Yeah, they knocked it out the park.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I agree with everything that you're saying. I'm I'm super I think we said something last week or this week. It's like having an itch and you need it scratched, you know, and I feel like, oh my god, you got this right spot right. I mean, as I'm listening to the song, it's like getting that spot on my back.
Speaker 26: I like it.
Speaker 2: I really do. I really like I'm not overdoing it for me. I think it's great. I think the song is great.
Speaker 3: I think it's a hit. I think Wizard needs to play it all the all day. Don't just hide it on Overnight's Wizard. If you're listening, I know you are.
Speaker 26: Give it to us.
Speaker 2: Man, let us play it all day.
Speaker 34: If he's listening, you should put some debts there up or throtle back Thursday next week in honor of Emily being the music.
Speaker 2: That's that's not a bad weather So, yeah, I know that, all right, Milton, thank you.
Speaker 3: I did play a little clip of that because someone had asked me, Hey, who is this dead Sarah Chick. Everybody's acting like they know who she is. I don't know, Rod, tell me, so we played the Weatherman song a little bit.
Speaker 2: That was her band.
Speaker 26: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like Milton's full take on you.
Speaker 3: Nancy.
Speaker 2: You're next up on open Phones. Good morning, Good morning, Rod.
Speaker 4: How are y'all yelling?
Speaker 15: Awesome?
Speaker 2: What you got for open phones?
Speaker 22: Wonderful?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just reaching out, you know.
Speaker 22: I heard y'all talk about that lady who decorated our house too early in the summer for October for Halloween, and people were upset.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody went to the HOA. They actually complained and then you know, the local news picked up the story. It became a whole silly thing, it is.
Speaker 22: And I have sympathy for her because I'm kind of going to do the same thing, you know, recovering from cancer. And my sister came down and she decorated my house. So yes, the inside of my house is already decorated for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Oh you're ready to go? So what what kind of decorations do you put up for Halloween?
Speaker 22: You know what we used to do, whole haunted house beam from the front of the porch to the bag. Yeah, and my son just got too old for that, and all the kids enjoyed that. So now it's just your little basic just hang around the house. So, okay, we still have a town outside, it's just the inside that's decorated.
Speaker 2: Now, will you ultimately end up putting stuff outside? Or are you just gonna keep it all indoors.
Speaker 22: We will put something outside, and I'm going should we do it now or is it too early? We had like a nine or a twelve foot witch that's gonna go outside, So I'm like, this is pretty big if we do.
Speaker 5: Put it out there, you do it when you can, when your sister can help you, when you're feeling right about it, that's when you do it.
Speaker 4: And we got your back.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you for the call. And I think you're going to see some people doing some work on that stuff this weekend. Yeah, okay, we.
Speaker 3: Don't have to worry about rain. It's not gonna be you know, Africa hot high of eighty eight. I might do a little decorating myself.
Speaker 2: That's another light.
Speaker 3: Open Thank you, Nancy seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's hoping Phones Friday. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: By the buzz? Welcome back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna get back to your phone calls. Open Phones Friday, my favorite hour of radio on the radio. But we've got to let Alex do.
Speaker 12: His thing online.
Speaker 3: It's Alix Online ninety four five, The Muss, Why what you got? All Right, You're gonna find your blue today on AOL.
Speaker 7: And by that, I mean I.
Speaker 6: Guess everybody sees blues differently sometimes, so you're going to be looking at different colors on your screen that are blue or green, and you're going to be saying this is blue, where this is green, and then it will tell you how you see the color blue compared to other people that have done that.
Speaker 31: If it's some dumb giants, it's not a giant. I'm gonna to be green? Why to be green? I don't know the sight thing? Rod And when you're so hostile, so hostile, hysterical right now.
Speaker 7: But check it out.
Speaker 6: Find You're blue at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Let's go pay You're in luck. It's open phones Friday.
Speaker 3: Okay, we want to tell about seven one three two two five nine four five. Keep calling. When you hear a call end, that means another line is open. Michael's got the call right now. Good morning, Hey, Good morning, Ron, Hey man, what's up?
Speaker 13: Just wanted to be uh if you had an inside information on why the Monster Jams keep in Houston next year.
Speaker 2: I don't have that information.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I've been asked to start working on designing the truck for January.
Speaker 17: Oh could they release their sked?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, your your phone's breaking up.
Speaker 3: Michael.
Speaker 2: You're asking about Monster Jam They're going to be here October nineteenth, Saturday, we're gonna be out there, the truck will be performing, and then I've already talked to them. They've asked me to give them designs for the truck next year.
Speaker 26: Oh on their schedule on.
Speaker 3: The website, it doesn't show for Houston. Okay, I'll go look at that. That that's news to me because I mean literally, the Monster Jam guy just emailed me back and said, Okay, get back with me. I need some ideas by the end of the month. So let me go. Let me go a have a look at that. Michael, thank you on it.
Speaker 2: Charles is next up on open Phones.
Speaker 29: Good morning, Good morning Rod, Hey man, Hey, So Charleston Lake City won the tournament. I just wanted to give a quick little message to the final four that are going to be at the party.
Speaker 11: I like to invite you on him trying to meet up for a beer, but on me, of course.
Speaker 29: But I heard Glamour one the wickets and I actually beat her and I felt really bad.
Speaker 11: So I'm so happy that she's coming. So she's still listening.
Speaker 29: I like to invite her to decide to do the meet up, and I like to buy her a beer as well.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'm sure there's gonna be some subgroups breaking out and stuff. There's gonna be about two thousand of us at this party, so if you can kind of arrange all of that. I don't know, do you wear like a shirt that says I'm the suburb Summer Sissler King or something like that. I felt you should have something, you know, to crown we can recognize you.
Speaker 26: I may do that.
Speaker 11: That'll be it for right now. I'll make that shirt, but I'll let you know for something. But I also real quick, yeah, I'll start.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I'm appreciating you saying that you're gonna be buying the beers because you're the five thousand dollars winner.
Speaker 2: Charles.
Speaker 3: Everybody, all right, what was it?
Speaker 7: What was the other thing?
Speaker 29: The other thing linked in part of the new song and Emily, I think it's gonna be good. I think it's gonna open them up to a new direction, so familiar but yet different direction.
Speaker 11: The only thing I'm scared about those are voice cracked at that.
Speaker 29: Concert, and I'm wondering if they do a lot of shows back to back, I hope her voice can hold up because Chester and that scream and that's a lot, So we'll see, but I'm excited for him.
Speaker 11: I think it's gonna be a really good move.
Speaker 2: I used the line last night.
Speaker 3: My line to somebody last night was they're not gonna put somebody in there that can't do and can't sing crawling night after night after night. They're just not They're just not gonna put somebody in there that can't do it. So they had to field test her. They had to abuse her voice in a recording studio and in a practice rehearsal space. You get one shot to reintroduce your band. Okay, she has to work out, she has to. They had to who's the.
Speaker 2: Right person, And I'm telling you, they must have made her sing crawling one hundred times, probably thousands of times before. When you sing this song to me one hundred times perfect, then you can have the gig. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: So you just trust that they did the right thing, and I think they did.
Speaker 2: Chelsea. Good morning, good morning, good night.
Speaker 3: That was everybody?
Speaker 2: Do eat so great?
Speaker 3: So great? You're on open phones? What'd you got for us?
Speaker 2: Awesome?
Speaker 23: Well, I just want to tell you guys how much I love you, and I will be seeing you on October twelve, Oh, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Already have tickets.
Speaker 28: Yes, I won them from Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome, congratulations.
Speaker 17: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah.
Speaker 19: I also won twenty one Pilot's tickets from Jeremy and I went on Wednesday and it blew my mind.
Speaker 28: I don't know why I've been sleeping on them.
Speaker 2: They're excellent.
Speaker 3: Somebody sent like a bunch of pictures. It looked awesome. I saw some video from the show. I've only seen them once, and I don't know what was going on in my life why I didn't push harder to go see them. I don't listen to them on my own, but live, I was so impressed with them, so I know what you're talking about. And a few other people said some concert reviews in and just said, twenty one Pilots is just one of the best live performing bands out there. And I even though like when they were small, when they played in the House of Blues, Dinahs knew them earlier. Dinah said you got to don't sleep on this band. They're gonna be huge, And you know she got that one right.
Speaker 2: They are. They are huge.
Speaker 3: So I don't know when they're gonna come out again. They're gonna come back but you're telling everybody don't miss them.
Speaker 23: Yes, yes, definitely worth it.
Speaker 3: Well and so you know, Jeremy, what's going on there that you keep winning from? Jeremy? What do you do?
Speaker 23: What it's going Well, everyone's trying to call in and win from you, So I got to find them somewhere else.
Speaker 2: All right, Very good, John, your next up on open Phones? Good money, Roight, how's doing great?
Speaker 26: Man?
Speaker 3: What do you got for us today?
Speaker 11: Hey man, I'm being a big Lincoln Park fan, like all my life.
Speaker 30: Hearing the new song was amazing, and uh, you know, I remember people always criticizing Lincoln Park, like after minutes to Midnight album yep. Uh you know it was like, oh it's not the same, blah blah blah this and that. You know, people were haters, but I mean, come on, it's something new and I like it.
Speaker 2: I was here. What was it One More Light or something like that. There were slow songs.
Speaker 35: Everybody felt bad that they roasted it. And I know you can say the things you're bad. I took call after call after call and people tearing it up. Now they got something that sounds like Lincoln Park. I got a guy tearing it up. I mean Yeah, I'm glad you like it, John, I do too.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 26: I do. I.
Speaker 11: I think you have a wedding coming anniversary coming up, don't you.
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 7: Next week?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Me, I think I believe you and me both have the same wedding.
Speaker 7: Anniverse day, September tenth.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's been a year.
Speaker 7: It's a great day.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, guys, Thank you, John.
Speaker 3: That's another line open seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: My favorite hour of radio on the on the radio is this hour right here. It's ninety four to five buzz ninety four five. The buzz struts could have been me.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan's show. Come on, man, give me that music. We'll get back to these phone calls.
Speaker 2: Man, every full line ringing. It's open phones Friday, every.
Speaker 3: Full line ringing. And somehow Josh Tree got through. How is that possible? Good morning?
Speaker 11: I don't know, because I've been trying to get through and getting nothing but busy signals, trying to win them.
Speaker 3: Well, that's chili. Obviously, it's just thrown in the towwel already he's already already the weekend, he's he's on some island oasis right now.
Speaker 6: Is not?
Speaker 2: He obviously puts you not Josh Tree put you through. All right, what do you got for us? I got another Robert Feline for y'all.
Speaker 20: Okay, all right, since it's football, Susan figured i'd keep it topical.
Speaker 2: And your words are needle worker, speedy, needle worker, and speedy. This is a game that's played on the past the Gravy podcast.
Speaker 7: He gives me a code night to figure out the word.
Speaker 2: He said, you're good at this because you do it a lot.
Speaker 7: Say it worker, fast.
Speaker 2: Is what you said?
Speaker 4: Speedy?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 18: Is it?
Speaker 7: It's a football player.
Speaker 2: It's topical to football.
Speaker 26: Yes.
Speaker 10: Taylor Swift, Taylor Swayler Swift, the new face, the face of the NFL.
Speaker 8: The m v P.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Josh get it?
Speaker 4: I wanted to say.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, that's not it, Derek, You're next up on open phones.
Speaker 15: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Awesome?
Speaker 3: What he got for us? I just want to give a shout out to my wife, Alie.
Speaker 28: She is the absolute best.
Speaker 36: I have the most demanding job in the world that the travel everywhere for it, and she puts up with me.
Speaker 2: Which I'm annoying.
Speaker 33: As Elle so I just want to give a big shout out to my wife Alie.
Speaker 3: She sounds like she's the best.
Speaker 33: Absolutely, So you guys are off the two.
Speaker 7: We love your show.
Speaker 2: We let to do it all the time. Thanks, Thanks, Derek, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: We're probably the glue that keeps them together.
Speaker 2: Maybe who do we have here? Good morning, Rod Ryan's show?
Speaker 3: Good morning? Oh this doesn't sound anything like you.
Speaker 24: De good lord and mister Rod.
Speaker 2: And that's Robbie.
Speaker 3: Everybody call her number ten, Robbie who is no longer the Previer Friday champion.
Speaker 24: Hey, I don't even want to talk about this.
Speaker 6: I never know if it's really him now because Rod has the drop of you saying that, so I always think he's just playing that to throw me off.
Speaker 3: This is him, live, large and in charge. What do you got wrong?
Speaker 24: That's it? I want to tell Lincoln Park, I really really like the song. It's rawing ed g all right, and Tail tell Chili not to be so cruel because eight and nine don't get the color teens eight nine, I don't. It's hard enough to get through on free beer Friday, but when you give away passes, oh man, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 11: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's been a little unbelievable.
Speaker 24: How you feel, how you feel about the football seasons coming up this weekend?
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm getting I'm sick of the Chiefs. I said that, and I don't like Chiefs, but I'm sick of them for two reasons though, because that is still the team to beat in the AFC. My two AFC teams are the Buffalo Bills and the Houston Texans. Okay, that is that dumb toe. I needed the Chiefs to lose last.
Speaker 7: Night, so I won one game.
Speaker 2: Marty frustrated.
Speaker 24: It's all good, It's all good.
Speaker 3: I hope you're right, dude, I hope you're right.
Speaker 2: It's all good. Robbie, have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 3: Say, let me ask you something, Yes, sir, who do you have?
Speaker 24: Who do you have for your cable stuff?
Speaker 3: My table stuff?
Speaker 26: I got?
Speaker 24: I got great TV and I can't get ESPN or Channel thirteen on my TV because Disney blocked them out. Doesn't Disney own both of them?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Did you?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd like to see you with a big roll of tinfoil on your head, like, maybe create some rabbit ears out of tinfoil and hop on the roof.
Speaker 24: Oh no, I got I got I got that that. Dear Sha ain't trying to hear that.
Speaker 3: All right, listen, my man, Robbie, have an awesome, awesome weekend.
Speaker 2: It's always good to have you on.
Speaker 3: Michael, You're next up.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 3: How are you great man? What do you got for roping phones today?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 10: Well, remember the last time a song was played all day long? It was Californication. I mean that was way back, like in the early nineties. They played all day.
Speaker 7: Like not that was the only song that was played the all day.
Speaker 10: That is the only song played all day long.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there's a couple of things that you might be talking about here. So we're playing this starting at five o'clock yesterday. We're playing the new Lincoln Park song at the top of the hour. So is that what you're referring to, like a song that's being played once an hour, or you're talking about a song that was played back to back to back repeatedly. Correct?
Speaker 10: I think a while back the early nineties, No, not early nineties.
Speaker 3: The station wasn't around. He wasn't a wround. Okay, Don Jansen did something. Don Jansen rip. He did something when the Chili Peppers came out with an album. He played maybe a song for an hour. He played the same song over and over again for an hour. I think he stunted doing that. Is that what you're referring to him?
Speaker 2: I believe so. Yeah, I've got one more thing for you though.
Speaker 26: Sure.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Teresa that used to work with you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she is now at a sister station.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 16: Somewhere?
Speaker 2: I live in Georgia.
Speaker 10: I'm about forty five minutes south of Atlanta, and I took up on her, and she's in a Columbus station.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I listened to you, and then I'll listen to her. Yeah, she's on a I think she talks about it quite quite openly. She's on a bunch of radio stations around the country.
Speaker 4: Still here, she's here, but she Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all my voice is everywhere. Thank you, Michael. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: See, let's just go, let's just go with these calls, do it. It's open phones music, Josie, Good.
Speaker 28: Morning, Good morning, brother Ron.
Speaker 3: How are y'all so great?
Speaker 2: What do you have for open phones?
Speaker 23: Okay, So I watched the concert from Lincoln Park yesterday they did phenomenal. I'm so glad they're back. Of course, I mean he's sounded kind of rocky at the beginning, but once it seemed like a minute break and she came back with fool boards.
Speaker 28: That was like, that's her, that's her voice, that's.
Speaker 23: The Lincoln Park. I'm so excited, so thrill and it was kind of in to mental because ten years ago, I want to say, yesterday Lincoln Park was as Cynthia Wood Mitchell Pavilion. And of course I was able to experience that culture with my sisters, and I'm excited for them, and I hope everybody is. We just have to, you know, keep pushing for Linton Park. Hey, it's a culture. And Mike, you knowed what's so happening. So throughs to see his fence you can.
Speaker 27: See in his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did not get to see it live.
Speaker 3: I've been kind of picking and choosing, watching videos and listening to Emily's voice, and you know, she came out strong with the single. Then they went into a Lincoln Park track, which she was a little shaky. I mean, the nerves that had to happen, the nerves that had to be going through her and the whole band really but you know, all ears and all eyes were on her, and I think after the second or third song then I think she got like some sort of a confidence I can do this, and then boom, I thought I thought she nailed it at the end. I really do.
Speaker 23: And I think one of the things that Mike, she noticed it during the concert in the voice of Chester is all y'all man like he was saying that we are the voice of him. You know, we're not replaced with him, We're keeping his memory a lot. I'm excited for linim Park. So I'm very through.
Speaker 5: Fans like you are so important to like listen to her and know that maybe she's a little shaky, but not call it right then you're like, Nope, this isn't good enough, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like it's like wanting to end a game in the first quarter.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, you gotta let it settle, you gotta let it marinate a little.
Speaker 2: Kirk, You're next up on Open Phones. Good morning. Oh that was Kirk.
Speaker 3: Already we had Kirk on Christopher. Hello Christopher, how are you?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Her are you guys doing awesome? Open phones.
Speaker 3: Man, I think you're gonna wrap it up for us. What do you got?
Speaker 36: Oh, I just wanted to talk about on Lincoln Park. But before that, I just wanted to say thank you guys. I've been I've been a long time listener of the show, and it's this is actually my first time ever actually getting in because I've been listening pretty much for the entire twenty years too.
Speaker 2: That's I just want to It's awesome that you finally got through, dude. I'm glad we're finally talking.
Speaker 36: Thank you for all those years, no problem, man, thank you for just making such an awesome like presentation, community and everything like that.
Speaker 3: It's always been so fun.
Speaker 36: But yeah, I wanted to talk linkin Park, just like a few listeners, but I'll go I believe a lot of the shakiness that came out of Emily was mostly just due from emotions, because I know that just being able to hear Lincoln Park again for the first time and so long was just it was so much for me. Even I was shaking whenever I was watching the live stream last night, and it was just I really liked the new song. I think she's going to be great. I'm just I'm really looking forward to seeing more out of Lincoln Park coming forward for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I encourage everybody because I'm going to do this. I'm going to just sit down and watch the whole thing. I just didn't have time yesterday. And I said, just picking and choosing just to get you excited about it, And thank you, Christopher. I really really appreciate all the years, even listening. I'm glad you finally got through.
Speaker 2: They came out and they opened with the new single okay, and it's Mike Shanoda up there. There's no singing, there's no other singer.
Speaker 3: Okay. They don't do any introduction, they don't say hey, everybody, say hi to our new friend here.
Speaker 2: They don't do anything. He's singing the opening part of that song.
Speaker 3: And we said, for sixty seconds, over sixty seconds of a three and a half minute song, it's just Shinoda. And then she comes walking up there like a boss and boom nails her part. There's no introllers, no nothing, it's like here, this is her, this is this is the new band, you know. And then they went right into a Lincoln Park song and then boom. So that's how they did it. And I thought it was great. Everybody go and check that out on your own. Sheila's got a link up on Links and guests today. Guys, that's gonna do it. Man, it's a great hour. I know, I knew it was gonna be a lot of Lincoln Park talk. I mean, people are excited, and I would say, hmmm, Wizard always asked me numbers. Ninety five percent approval rate. Okay, there's a couple of people that didn't want this happening, and they said, even after seeing her and listening to her, they still don't want it to happen. Okay, but that's I'd say ninety five percent of people seem to be quite happy with what the band is doing.
Speaker 2: So put me in that ninety five percent. What are we giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 5: We have a pair of tickets to see Imagine Dragons on their Loom World tour, which is tonight. The show is sold out, so really the only way you can win.
Speaker 2: To miss to know the show. Okay, We'll have a question for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 32: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show Florified the Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for hanging out with us this morning. I think we got a pretty good parting gift here today. Imagine dragons sold out to night. It's a Woodland show, right, Okay, We've got a pair of tickets for the person that can answer this question correctly. What you got know? The show.
Speaker 4: What cereal was absolutely snubbed in.
Speaker 5: This list of the best breakfast cereals.
Speaker 2: Of all time?
Speaker 4: Absolutely snubbed. This is my opinion. I want to hear it said back to me, and then I'll give you the ticket.
Speaker 2: An outrage of one.
Speaker 3: I'm a.
Speaker 4: Person distraught, destroyed over what for what? I hope it was worth it?
Speaker 2: And it was a top what that wasn't included top ten?
Speaker 4: Top fifty?
Speaker 3: It's not a top fIF Okay, well then all right, come on, all right, if you really do like that one, I can understand it should be in the top fifty, but it's not a top ten ride. It's not.
Speaker 4: Why are they always adding it on things? Why is it available?
Speaker 2: I'll give you a top It's twenty nine.
Speaker 4: Little yogurt bars right there.
Speaker 2: It's twenty nine so bad?
Speaker 4: Why they haven't it's right there?
Speaker 2: An outrage of one?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 2: What is the cereal seven one three two.
Speaker 32: Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, who had some cloud skies today? Some loach chances of rain could be, could be a couple of sprinkles here and there. Hi, today, I am about eighty five nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain for your Saturday, mostly sunny high of eighty eight tomorrow. No rain, sunny high of eighty eight on Sunday. More than one of you have told me you're putting up Halloween decorations this weekend, which is leading me to believe that should I be doing that.
Speaker 2: It's early.
Speaker 3: It's a little early for me.
Speaker 2: I don't go that early. I gotta wait till somebody breaks.
Speaker 4: You gotta I gotta sword shed and get all your deperations out.
Speaker 3: I gotta go to the storage shed.
Speaker 2: Right all right, guys, listen, you know what.
Speaker 3: Time it is.
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 3: Time for I know the show on ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: La La la la, la, la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 3: Man, you gotta be down to party tonight to win these If you win these tickets, Good morning, rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 8: Chase?
Speaker 2: Chase on the case. How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Here we go great, welcome to know the show, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 5: What cereal got absolutely snubbed by this list of the fifty best breakfast cereals of all time?
Speaker 3: Snubbed? Harsha, frut loops? Show me the fruit loops?
Speaker 2: No, that's not you weren't outraging.
Speaker 4: No, loops loops are good. Say that loops are good.
Speaker 2: It's got to be on the list, and.
Speaker 4: They are number five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, froot loops? The hell? Okay, it's a rare wrong answer on the show. Maybe Antonio knows. Good morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 11: How's it going?
Speaker 2: Uh great? It could be going really good for you. Chase was called ten he didn't know the answer.
Speaker 3: Testing your question, what.
Speaker 5: Cereal got absolutely snubbed on this fifty best breakfast cereal list?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's Freddy Pebble.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is. It is your shirt. It's not on there, it's not okay, I'm here, this is a this is a sham list.
Speaker 2: Antonio, you just want to know the show. What are you giving them?
Speaker 5: You get the tickets. I hope you have fun at this Imagine Dragons concert. It's a sold out show. So if you want to take some pictures and send them to us, we would like that.
Speaker 3: You know the show.
Speaker 11: Yes, I appreciate it, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You gotta get somebody with you know, you gotta hit up at least one person. I'll give you the tickets, but you got to promise me you're gonna pull the Imagine Dragon D's nuts.
Speaker 2: Thank you across your.
Speaker 3: Chin or face, or over your nose, forehead, anywhere, dragging these imagine dragging these nuts across your desk whatever, Dude, you gotta pull in Imagine Dragons d'se Nuts today. Okay, I was gonna love it. Okay, bro, thank you. I think we got the right guy here. Okay, thank you, it's Antonio.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: You gotta go, We gotta go.
Speaker 2: I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 2: I got a fever and the only prescription a small cow bell.
Speaker 15: Yeahdayday, Yeah, Hey Cody, he beat the Fresh Travis.
Speaker 3: That was Travis this morning. Yeah, I can't figure this Cody guy out. This is not like the Cody guy that went in the Hall of Fame Cody. He's a totally different Cody. But maybe he won.
Speaker 2: You know, he wants to be different. He wants to be difficult.
Speaker 3: He was difficult this morning.
Speaker 2: Cody, get it together.
Speaker 3: Okay, you you just you mondayed me this morning, so you can't Monday me on Monday, all right, But he avoided the one pump chump. He's gonna go for win number three Monday morning, Cody, Love, you have a great weekend, Come in Fresh, ready to go.
Speaker 2: Lincoln Park.
Speaker 3: Jeremy's got it locked I see it. He's got it locked in there already. So he's coming out of the gate with that new Lincoln Park song.
Speaker 2: Thank you if you took the.
Speaker 3: Time to call email comment something about Lincoln Park, thank you. That's what makes this show, spin Man's it's your thoughts, your opinions. It's you know, you're don't tell Radio Wizard this, but you guys are the fifth Beatle.
Speaker 2: There's four of us. You guys are the fifth Beatle and then maybe Wizard. Okayn, upset. I appreciate you guys interacting with us. It really means the world to me.
Speaker 3: All right, open phone callers, I thought were great. I knew it was gonna be heavy Lincoln Park. It's just it's such a big, big story, and I imagine people are gonna be emailing all throughout the day and I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Man, give me your thoughts on that song.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you Specs for the beers today, all of our beer winners.
Speaker 3: Congratulations you're into the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 2: What do we doing next week with these tickets?
Speaker 3: I just said I wanted to do another fun thing and I wanted to give away a chunk of tickets.
Speaker 2: I just don't know how I'm gonna do it yet, but we'll do something fun next week.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you guys want to have some fun. We have the Suburbs Summer Sizzler out of the way. We could play some other games next week. We could do some other things on the show. I'm gonna be here and I'm looking forward already. I haven't even gone into the weekend and I'm looking forward to next week with you guys. Rod Ryan Show replayed tomorrow morning from six until eight. Okay, there's a new past the gravy. They play this game. What is the name of the doc? Is that a weekly thing?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really good. It's really good. Rod Ryan Show Golf Tournament. We still need sponsors. We need people to get involved. I had a couple of companies email me this week. Great man, we want to get you involved. Email me all right, or check out the rod Ryan Show Golf boot Rock Golf Tournament link on links and guests test us on Houston Life Today at one o'clock. Jeremy, like I said, he's going to come out of the gates. He's going to play that Lincoln Park song. He's got the NonStop nooner and pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Guys, have a great weekend, have a great weekend, and like I said, I'm really excited already about next week.
Speaker 31: A m F.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 3: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 12: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.