Speaker 1: On on on on, I was just turning my phone off far good blur, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the CEO Pre Show, Episode four eighty.
Speaker 3: Seven for eighty seven, Yes, sir Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just doing the math on when we're gonna hit five hundred.
Speaker 3: Were we we?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, the week before Vegas. Oh wow, that'll be. It'll be a fun thing to celebrate in Vegas. You should go.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. Yeah, with our wonderful Patreon supporters that we are brought to you by, whether they like it or not, Jump over patreon dot com, Slash CEO Podcast, Join the Nation, get in the discord, do all this stuff. I want to jump right into it. Uh oh, that is the booster pack game. Last week we're talking about favorite legends and what are you going to build? Are you excited about Team at and the Dragon deck and blah blah blah. Yeah, last week's winner can get after us for a CEO sticker pack, CEO Token pack, or Criminal pack of Magic. Maybe some Tarkio Dragon Storre Magic cards. I hear you really like the limited format.
Speaker 3: It was the worst. We're going to get into that in.
Speaker 2: A few minutes. Yes, but first, last week's winner, uh get a get after us. Email Commander Cook at gmail dot com. Let us know that you wont you're the winner, your address, what prize you want or if you want to donate a prize pack to the CEO House in Las Vegas. Very popular to do right now. Last week's winner j holes. What I knew you'd laugh.
Speaker 3: I knew you'd left J holes. I don't know what hole that is, but that's amazing.
Speaker 2: But whatever hole it is, I hope that that's where the CZO sticker go. Oh man, I left the herder got back cramp.
Speaker 3: Oh don't do that. Yeah that sounds for you.
Speaker 2: That's because we're getting old.
Speaker 3: Yeah it sucks.
Speaker 2: So yeah, episode episode five hundred coming up the week before Vegas. Celebrating in Vegas. Maybe do a live show from the Duffer and Avenue Media Network Studio, Network Network Studio. Maybe not.
Speaker 3: Now that I understand that joke, it makes a lot more sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, sir, Okay, So this week we are going to cover our favorite cards from Tarkire Dragonstorm. I have a lot of cards that I really like. They're the kind of thing though that, like most people don't give a crap for about Commander because they just they're a random uncommon or common that go into my niche deck.
Speaker 3: Or they'll find like a land or they say draw to lose to discards.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, yeah, another version of anything that is like actually good or playable. But I think that you've got a curated list. I've got a curated list. Some of our cards match. We didn't look up beforehand to see which ones are matching. So exciting.
Speaker 3: Don't see how many actors we have.
Speaker 2: I do know that you have some some of mine because I cheated and looked at your list.
Speaker 3: What the hell and I arranged my I didn't tell you I have all the Commander cards from the Commander decks, yes. Then I have like the big talked about cards, yes, And then I have just some like the junk that I looked through and I'm like, I like these. I don't know if I'm gonna play them necessarily, but they are cards that I like and I would play them if I had a spot for them, lots of them. I don't because they're three colors and I don't have a ton of three color decks and have a lot of room in them.
Speaker 2: Do you have a ton of three color decks.
Speaker 3: Nope, I have do any four color decks?
Speaker 2: Nope, you don't like four?
Speaker 3: I have one? I have a track set.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't like four color decks. If you're gonna play four, is play.
Speaker 2: Five, or or make it easier on yourself, play three, or just play two. You've got lots of two color decks, Yeah, I do. Yeah, I think, I think mostly. I got twos and threes. I got one five, bunch of bunch of bunch of mono decks.
Speaker 3: I like monods, like monocolor decks too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just built a new five color deck. I built the Tamat deck that I was talking about.
Speaker 2: You're gonna you're gonna play that thing three times and then take it apart? Yep, Oh okay, well as long as.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, absolutely, I'm perfectly aware that that's what's going to happen. But it was kind of fun to go through my binders and just pull out all the big, stupid, fucking idiot cards. Yes, just because they say dragon on them. So I'm pretty excited for that. That's gonna be pretty cool. And then if the combo actually works the one time, I figure I can turn to it. Oh that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Hey turn two team at yeah, triple T.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say two things. First thing, build a deck, play it a few times, take it apart. I think that this is like a de facto way that people should be playing magic. I don't I know that pet decks exist, and developing and tuning a deck over time is like a like a thing that's unique to commander, which is great, and that's another way that the format ought to be played. Yeah, but if you build something and then it's like, hey, I've done the thing. I can take it apart and do something else with it, It's it's like it's using your magic cards like Lego, where you just have like a tub of lego, where I want to build a thing, play with it a little bit, and then take it apart so I can build something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Lego theory. I'm coining that. I'm using two trademarks that don't belong to me and I'm stealing them.
Speaker 3: Good. I love theft.
Speaker 2: Theft is my favorite crime right after Arson. Yes, oh, I think theft is better than Arson.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man like Arsen's pretty cool and it keeps you warm if you're cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't argue. I can't argue your crime theory.
Speaker 3: And if you're really hungry, you could roast a marshmallow. I've been watching this. No, I had to say.
Speaker 2: I had a second thing, and I don't freaking remember now. I was going to ask you about tark Here Dragonstorm Limited.
Speaker 3: Oh I hate it. Oh, I hate everything about it.
Speaker 2: Do you hate it? Hatter? Do you hate it?
Speaker 3: I on it, truly, And this would make me something such a comudgeon are It wasn't because of the people that we played with, oh or the space that we were in.
Speaker 2: F that guy and that place.
Speaker 3: Fuck it was one of the worst magic playing experiences I have ever had in my life, in my whole life. Like it was just like maybe we forced our decks. I don't know, I don't know, but they just didn't fucking work.
Speaker 2: Couldn't have been the two schooners of beer you had before you went and played.
Speaker 3: Couldn't no chance. And there's no way that I had anything to do with the two schooners I had after I went to play either.
Speaker 2: I got a buy in the first round, went and had a schooner.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and then went to turns and oh, man, just couldn't seal the deal. Couldn't seal the deal. I had five of the storm Shriek Regals or whatever, the three three flying haste Omen guy, yep, six cards left in my library.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: And I was just flying hasting everybody.
Speaker 3: Ben had five of those two and just did didn't help.
Speaker 2: Hell, you should have had five of them. You would have made good use of that card.
Speaker 3: No, I was because I had all the removal Oh, I had fifteen removal spells and branch game myop two random or one.
Speaker 2: I've discovered your fatal flaw in magic the Gathering playing Cards rule system. Tell me you're the agro player. You play the three to three flying Hayster. Oh, somebody else played control deck. That's how we did it. When we did Lord of the Rings, I played a twelve removal spell dot deck. You played deal thirty damage in one turn. That's why we won. All right, thirty damage one turn. Turns out that.
Speaker 3: That's good, and it turns out that's fine, All right, fine, fine, Maybe we did it wrong. Ah, but the fact is it still wasn't a lot of fun. If you are having fun playing the limited format. I'm happy for you.
Speaker 2: You know what the thing about magic the gathering is and everybody in the damn Studio Network Studio Studio can can hear me out here? Is ah, everybody does it wrong and is bad. It's like skateboarding. I don't think anybody's good at skateboarding. Some people just like get a trick on video tape and edit a whole bunch of getting the trick on videotape into a reel so it's like ten minutes long, and then they look good at skateboarding. That's not Magic's like I know what like ten of the cards of my deck do, but I don't know how to play them, Like I don't know, I don't know. That's magic is skateboarding. It's like the meme where the guy does a kickflip on the rake and it hits him in the face.
Speaker 3: What I've never seen that.
Speaker 2: It's a meme. You'll recognize it. It's like when anybody asks Tony Hawk is he good at skateboarding?
Speaker 3: He says no, Well that's because he's Tony Hawk. Though. Here. I love those videos where it's like people are telling Tony Hawk about how cool, Tony Hawk is so, and then he says, yeah, I know, I'm Tony Hawk. Yeah yeah, and they're like, shut up, the.
Speaker 2: Best one, the best one. Tony Hawk's checking out in at the grocery store and cashier teller person goes, hey, you look like that guy Tony Hawk. Oh cool, I wonder what he's up these days. Tony Hawk says this cool.
Speaker 3: He seems like a dude who would be like fun at a party or cool to have a beer with. I don't know if that's true, but I choose to think that.
Speaker 2: What you're saying is is basically, I'm Tony Hawk, sure, except of Magic the Gathering, because I can't play Magic the Gathering, and I'd be fun to have a beer with.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yeah, frick, yeah, frick. We just need to be rich like Tony Hawk. And then because that guy has Tony Hawk pro skater one, two, three four and skate money.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, underground, he's probably so rich underground too. So what else? What else we got to talk about?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hey, I wanted to talk about something here. I got a note. Oh tell me in the Discord server. There is a there's a bot in there that you can like attach its fucking thing to your name and Discord and it's called YouTube Notify or Twitch notify. And when you go live, when you stream with different Avenue Media Network Studio Network, it'll notify those people in Discord. Oh and when we post something to the YouTube channel, if you have YouTube notifying Discord, it'll let you know. So if you want to watch the other c C o MG stuff like gems, don't mind John, it'll notify you when John's episodes come up because he only does them every two weeks.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 2: So we gotta we gotta pimp that a little bit. We gotta let people know that.
Speaker 3: I'll have to learn how to use it before I tell anybody to do it.
Speaker 2: Though you could just tell them to do it.
Speaker 3: Is that how that works? Ye'd listen, okay, do it or else? That worked there, Totally worked, man.
Speaker 2: So we're having we're having schooners yesterday, me and Aiden because we totally won round one when we got our bye, totally won a free booster pack for sitting there drinking beer.
Speaker 3: No, you get one to start participating.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh me and got one thanks to burst my bubble. Sorry man, frick, I thought I thought, I want it drinking beer. We're talking about Vegas, and he is so frick and excited. He is so pumped me too, Yeah, yeah, and uh I kind of volunteered you me to like be okay with walking places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, walk everywhere in Vegas, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know why everybody's so heated verse cowards.
Speaker 3: It's probably because they don't live in a place where the air physically hurts us for six months out of the year. Where like when the air just gently encourage us to lay down and go to sleep and die is so nice.
Speaker 2: In comparison, the air here encourages my fingers to fall off my body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is much worse than like a warm hug when you go outside. And yes, the hug is a little too tight sometimes, but like.
Speaker 2: Mant makes my legs chafe.
Speaker 3: It's just sunny all the time and there's barely any bugs.
Speaker 2: Gives me a rash man, It's so good. I'm so excited for the sun I am. I'm excited for Edge of Eternity. That's like the that's the set that's coming out, right, Is that the set Fantasy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who gives a shit about fucking space magic? Now the Dragon Magic is out and now done. It's all Final Fantasy all the time. Baby, After this show.
Speaker 2: After this show, after this show. When do Final Fantasy preview starts already?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 2: Yeah? When do they start start? Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Probably by the time people are watching this. I'd imagine they will have full sets already. Yeah, I'm I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: I'm pumped. I've got some extra tark Here packs that might come along to Vegas.
Speaker 3: It's too bad.
Speaker 2: Well, they would be like appetizer packs for the Final Fantasy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we could throw them in the pool, leave them there.
Speaker 2: Can't say I haven't done that.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did that.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, So I don't know. That's all I got. I wanted to talk about the YouTube notified thing. I wanted to ask you about your tark heremitted experience. Mine was fine, even though we we lost in the last round. Jay Holes, get after us. Oh, what's your favorite card? Your favorite cards? What cards are going into your deck? That's the booster pac game this week. Leave us a comment. What cards are going into your deck? Are you getting a pre con? Are you modifying a pre con? Or like like Smitty said, he's got a doorn deck. Is he gonna get the new Butts Matter commander and just put it into his ninety nine or is he going to kind of retool his doorn deck with that guy as the commander, Because what we didn't hit on was that guy is only for your creatures. Dorian is for everybody, and that kind of informs some of the card decisions and removal spells. Oh yeah, yeah, like the damage yourself kind of removal spells work a little bit differently when everybody's stuff is button matters.
Speaker 3: That's check, that checks out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's check.
Speaker 3: That's check.
Speaker 2: That sounds like some some geno.
Speaker 3: That's so. That's so fetch.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, keep trying to make Fetch happy.
Speaker 3: It's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I want that.
Speaker 3: I want that to make Fetch.
Speaker 2: Which mean girls would Brando and me and producer Gary b Well, there was there's only three of them. I'd be Lindsay Lohan because obviously she wasn't the mean girl though, but she counts. She's in the movie. She became a mean girl. Oh wait, it's because I've Orange harryet zebe.
Speaker 3: Oh, then I would be Janice.
Speaker 2: Janice is that the one who eats calteen bars? And gets kind of fat.
Speaker 3: No, that's uh, Gretchen Wiener. That's what Gretchen Wieners. Who is that? I forget her name?
Speaker 2: Which runs the girl whose boobs tell her it's raining.
Speaker 3: I don't know her name either.
Speaker 2: That's that's Gary.
Speaker 3: She's like outside in the rain and she's checking her boobs to see if it's raining. Definitely Gary, and it's already raining.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Well that's all I have. That's all I have. Turk your Dragonstorm, your favorite cards, get in to win a sticker pack, Toka pack, booster pack pack, your mama's huge ass.
Speaker 3: There it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh? Any last words?
Speaker 3: Hit our theme song, m