Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, May twentieth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and ninety one. I am your host, jan Ochoa joining me co Captain of the Ship. He's a master of improv and he's training to be a mime as we speak, but he's gonna break his valve silence to deliver the news. Co Captain of the Ship, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Rub Jane, you're really good at timing out that YouTube bang look faded in perfectly.
Speaker 1: I'm really impressed. Good job, buddy, Thank you so much. Speaking about timing, he's the master of all time. He wears twelve watches, but you can't see them. Guess where he's hiding him, Dan Reker, I.
Speaker 3: Usually wear one watch, but i'm not now because this is when I charge it. That's a fun little anecdote for folks.
Speaker 1: Speaking about charging up, he's constantly charging up because he's constantly low battery mode, but he's exceeding the battery limit that your phone automatically sets you to. Master of energizers energizer batteries. He's our own bunny of the team. Jeff Beckler.
Speaker 4: Oh that's me. I'm the battery. He's the energy guy.
Speaker 1: That's the funny part of the intro is that I.
Speaker 4: Damn, why do you put why do you charge your watch during the waking hours?
Speaker 3: Because it does the sleep tracking thing now, so it's like I didn't I used to do it when I slept. Then it's like, you do it when you're awake now so it can track your sleep ram and all that.
Speaker 4: Apple's position is like, there's gonna be a point where you can't use this, and that sucks.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're gonna sit down at some point during the day and I don't want to charge it when I'm up and moving around.
Speaker 5: I'm missing steps that should be tracking.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks Jan. I'm glad to be here, Bud.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad that he's here and that he's on our team.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: He's a boy of games media.
Speaker 6: He's overcome with the power of music and anarchy. Mike Manati speaking up, bunnies, give me a moment. The Zootopia two teaser trailer dropped. I'm watching this. There's a steak now. I think the cops are bad in this one. They're chasing, They're chasing the Fox and the bunny Girl.
Speaker 2: No, never mind, now I'm into it. Mike uh Lelan's Stitch up date. I heard the live action movies. Good?
Speaker 6: Oh good, because I have to see it anyway, So that's great that I might actually be good have to you know what I'm gonna say, Yes, I think I think have to is the worst your head situation. No, but like the nephewniess want to. I do like Leelo and Stitch, Like you make a live action snow White. It's like, well, that's that's not even real to me, Like, that's.
Speaker 1: Not what do you mean It's not real to you?
Speaker 6: That's like just not a real thing. Actually, the cartoon is. The cartoon is hugely real and incredibly important. It's been more real. Yeah, yeah, it's it's you know, but I don't like that's not a part of my personality the way maybe Leland stitches. Uh if that God, that sounds like a bad thing to say, but true.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, Hey, Ohanna means family, and family means no one gets left behind.
Speaker 6: I have breakfast with Leelo and Stitch in Dasy World and it was great.
Speaker 1: I'm not attacking you. I'm trying to be on your side.
Speaker 6: I'm just excited about the sausages I had at o'hana, which means family. If someone forgot him up behind.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I think we should start a movement to just transport all of the games media events to Hawaii. Oh, sure should go here.
Speaker 6: I've never been. Oh there's a hotel there.
Speaker 4: Hey wait, you've never been to Hawaii?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I've never been.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: Well, no, Jeff, I understand. But Mike finds himself at Disney eleven times a year, and I'm like, man.
Speaker 1: Has more things than just to go west, go west. More Between a couple.
Speaker 3: Of trip things that have come up recently, I'm learning about his very specific travel requirements lately, like.
Speaker 6: I won't go see the Juggals.
Speaker 3: Three different trips. It's pretty different trips where he's like, actually, no.
Speaker 4: I have some housekeeping. I want to bring it out to it. So, first of all, obviously the biggest of thanks to everyone who's who's gotten up and supported what we're trying to do here.
Speaker 6: No, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I was just making a joke about you saying nice things, and I pretended to be stupid.
Speaker 4: It's that you got I gotta got it, got in my bed. We can try that again later on the podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll circle back.
Speaker 4: So I've been messing around up in the guts as it we of our payment systems and whatnot. If you are in the unique situation out there, you're listening to the podcast and you're like, man, I tried to fucking support these guys, and I tried to do it through PayPal, and I'm getting PayPal decline payments or whatever it is. We figured out what's wrong, and we figured out a way to fix it. You should have gotten an email from us at some point in the last seventy hours. Check those spam folders, shake out all the dust, make sure all the quarters and coins and paper clips fall out of those pockets, and then you're gonna want to go and reattach your PayPal information to our site in the billing section. If you don't know how to do that, reach out directly. We can tell you how. But we've for the people who are affected by this, we've gone ahead and removed the connection. So all you got to do is get back on go to the billing section, re add your PayPal credentials, and you should be all set. I know that sounds like a lot, but if you are confused still, you could always email us support at GiantBomb dot com and we will get you sorted out. That is the housekeeping p s A for the day. Uh take it away, Jan.
Speaker 1: Thank you for for keeping the house. Mister Backlar, that's that's that's right. He keeps the lights running. That's why he's the battery. That is a circle?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: How's everyone doing? How was everyone?
Speaker 2: How are things?
Speaker 6: Do we have? A was yesterday a three day weekend?
Speaker 1: Or am I imagining that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: What that's next week? Maybe today? Yesterday? Jan?
Speaker 2: I know, but I was here sitting at my desk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what the fuck's a weekend? Jan? You'll have to explain.
Speaker 1: I don't know what those are either. It turns out looking for new apartments. Uh in San Francisco is a.
Speaker 6: Dog ship that doesn't fun.
Speaker 1: You know how the housing is tied to someone's employment, not my own, otherwise I wouldn't have one. Uh So yeah, I got to figure out how to move all this ship that I've accumulated and this couch.
Speaker 6: Uh great? Is that heavy? It's heavy?
Speaker 1: And also it's missing like the footy pad things?
Speaker 2: Sure to make it so you can move? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do they have, like furniture repairman.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, there's.
Speaker 5: A repairman for Just come to the Yellow Pages for that.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, yeah, you probably honestly just.
Speaker 2: Look up furniture and I bet furniture repairman will be right there. But yeah, carp fix things I have, that's the question.
Speaker 3: I well, yeah, Actually that thattails directly into something I was about to think about, was that my cat has been very good, not destructive or anything. But despite the fact that we put big ass scratch posts and stuff right next to this nice couch we have in the living room, it really likes scratching the nice couch, and so, like, what happens if it just rips up the back of the couch, what do you do?
Speaker 2: It just does just you own a cat, now, yeah, there are things to do there, but you got I mean, you've got to try things. You gotta try a bunch of different things before you find out what the cat likes more than the couch.
Speaker 3: Okay, ship, Yeah, okay, that's the one complain Otherwise, been delightful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you yes for that sort of thing, you can definitely get something reupholstered if that, If that's the concern or whatever. Yeah, you can fix furniture that.
Speaker 3: Way, just add like like like stem cells where there's like just furniture cells that will like spread and just form whatever. No machines cloth, Oh, you can just will match the previous cloth.
Speaker 2: Well, they might have to reupholster the whole thing.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's gonna depend. I don't care about this anymore. I've watched Minecraft five times in the last the movie He's the movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, big important question. Do you resent your children?
Speaker 2: This is like one of the ones where I'm beginning to get there. Yeah. I like that pretty high tolerance for most of their bullshit. In fact, I end up liking most of it, even like the dumb ass YouTube videos that's just nonsense or created by a computer somewhere. I'm like, yeah, this is like sort of a punk rock version of YouTube. I'll watch this. This is getting to be a bit much. It's Jack Black. Like I like Jack Black or have in the past. It's too much Jack Black.
Speaker 3: I want to I want to paraphrase this tweeter, not paraphrase, I'm just gonna quote the first five words from Jeff Gersman on Blue Sky. After seeing Minecraft, it isn't a bad movie? Do you disagree?
Speaker 6: I think it's.
Speaker 2: It's so forgettable, forgettable that it might as well be bad. Like it's just nothing matters. And then the only times, the only time anything happens that, like the kids are quoting, it's just Jack Black sort of yelling something or singing his song.
Speaker 4: This feels very much like the Pixels movie, right, like, yeah, that's right, Yes, that's.
Speaker 2: A good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, although I think there are people who like.
Speaker 5: Free Guys Guy, it's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where like I don't think you would call Pixels fine, right, that's yeah. I never like Kevin James, Fox pac Man or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's Cuba.
Speaker 2: Most Kevin James movies.
Speaker 6: You can't not with that attitude. I mean you don't, but not.
Speaker 4: Okay, he has the sun.
Speaker 6: There's a pack Junior. How do you think that happens?
Speaker 5: I'm saying, a human person couldn't fuck pack Man.
Speaker 6: Why.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's terrible that MythBusters ended, right, So.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking about that show the Studio where they're talking about sucking the kool aid guy.
Speaker 1: No, we cannot go back into the kool aid man discourse because I still haven't been able to get over. Is the kool aid Man the kool aid or is he the picture yet?
Speaker 6: Honestly?
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean that's like the same thing with regular show, like is Benson gumbo gumball machine? Or is like he's a gumball machine? Sure, okay, So why can't you apply the same logic to the kool aid Man.
Speaker 2: We did. We got there eventually because like you.
Speaker 1: The kool aid Man, you shouldn't he be called like the picture.
Speaker 4: Man that you are just splitting the airs. Brother, you can do it in a way that I am not okay with, like with whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's fun to see what the auto mod catches. When we're doing this podcast. Dan saut Yo and you can't a human can't fuck pac Man and cat powered and Chet says yeah, because you have to make love to pack Man.
Speaker 5: You can through anti romance YouTube.
Speaker 4: You just had my office door closed on me. So that's the kind of podcast it's been so far.
Speaker 6: Here. My favorite thing about pac Man, to make this about video games again, is that they made all these weird pac Man spinoffs like Miss pac Man, Professor pac Man, like Super pac Man or whatever, and none of them are called pac Man two that they made this weird game for the Supernintendo and Genesis where you kind of like poke pac Man around a slink shot to make himself puzzles, and that's called pac Man too. Yeah, that's one of my favorite things in video games.
Speaker 5: Who Pa lineage is real fucked up because he had very.
Speaker 3: Clear you know pac Man and Miss pac Man, and you have all three d adventures, you have these weird side scrollers.
Speaker 2: It's just all over the place. There is like a segment of video games, especially the earlier ones, where it's like the idea of one called like two is weird. Like Tetris two is like going really strange.
Speaker 3: I think like puzzle type games, you know, like which I would kind of throw package.
Speaker 2: I guess it's just.
Speaker 3: More of an arcade game, but a maze game, right, Yeah, but Tetris two is a very weird one.
Speaker 5: It's like a concept. You can't have a sequel to a concept.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right exactly. Tetris is like a set of rules never changed. He's had all the bombs.
Speaker 3: It's just not Tetris. I mean it's Tetris, but not as.
Speaker 6: Good Tetris too. Yeah, give me Tetris Attack, which actually just paneled upon tetrisphere.
Speaker 1: We can't talk about this, We can't talk about the spear anymore.
Speaker 5: I'll throw my deck in a blend for tetrisphere.
Speaker 1: And that stuff you can catch if you watch live.
Speaker 5: That was on the pre show. It comes way out of place if you didn't hear the pre show.
Speaker 1: Such all right, I guess let's just go ahead and talk about video games.
Speaker 3: Ship playing was like coming with a pussy said that Carey tweets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's a Drew carry Oh god. Speaking about Two's Capcom Fighting collection. Two came out last week. We did a quick look of it and a upf where we played a lot of Powerstone two. Uh, gents, I understand that a bunch of you have played this. How are you are you digging the collection?
Speaker 2: I love it. It's a bunch of bangers. It's like there's a ton of good games in there, and they did a great job of making sure that they're easy to play. Get in there and have fun. And that upf where we were bouncing around between a bunch of games was a really good time. Would you like there have been some aspersions cast upon Powerstone and its ability to convey fun. What is happening?
Speaker 6: What's this anti POWERSTONEGT coming out of nowhere? What? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: Wait? Is this?
Speaker 1: I got to ask, is this like the Smash community like hating on Powerstone sitting now?
Speaker 5: Powerstone is more fun than Smash Brothers.
Speaker 6: Okay, to be cleared, But you don't have to say that because it's not the Smash community. It's a calm down.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying if we're talking about that, all right, But I do think like Powerstone is not a game that you're gonna be playing for eight hours the entire night you're hanging out with your friends uninterrupted. But the fact that it's part of this compilation where you can bounce back and then it's like all right, now, let's go play more Powerstone. I think it's like the perfect vehicle for a game like that where it's like, okay, like we've had our time doing a one on one fighter where one person's playing against one other person, but we're all kind of sitting here. Let's get all four people involved again. Let's go back to Powerstone. It's kind of a good balance. The whole package works.
Speaker 6: Like Powerson two is the four player one, but Paraston one is still one v one, so you know, if you need to have that, it's there too. A yeah, And if you want to have the sweaty fighting game experience, there's games like that here still Cap Conferences. S a K two is just one of the best kind of pure pixel two D fighting games in that like Original Street Fighter two lineage of games kind of like that. It might be my favorite one up there with Third Strike. Right, it's still still good good. I've been playing a ton of it. I've been doing ranked matches and mostly losing, but still having a great time because the game just feels so good to play. All the different grooves, like the different ways you can kind of play the game, and the different ways you even set up your team where you could have just one character has a ton of health and power, where you could have three, where it's spread out more so, I'm just fighting all sorts of interesting teams. It is an old game, so there is a meta figured out, so sometimes you're gonna come across the people who are just doing like Sagat and Blanca and you know, Bison or Cameo or whoever else is supposed to be very good. But generally people are kind of messing around a lot, I think, and playing more interesting character is doing silly things like a level four Shinakuma stuff like that. It's been really fun playing online.
Speaker 3: What I was surprised by was it Project Justice and what was the other one?
Speaker 6: Project Justice and Plasmas Sword.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those were in They were both Dreamcasts, right, their arcade is what you're but they were almost all of these games were on Dreamcast. Okay.
Speaker 3: It made me think that, like, you know, like Soul Caliber is my most played game ever, the original Dreamcast one, and it makes me think, man if I would have branched out and got some more fighting games on Dreamcast, I probably would have been like all about those things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, what a good system for fighting games?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are surprisingly fun, Like it's just oh yeah. Capcom had been making fighting games for some time at this point, so even when they were experimenting, even when they were going three D, they were really kind of crushing it across the board. Yeah, I'm gonna play more of all those games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Plasma Sord is really easy kind of pick up and play, kind of like Soul Caliber in that sense where you can't kind of mash around and cool stuff's going to happen. Project Justice is a little bit more complicated, but it's very silly also. It's all like high school students and their teachers being up each other. There's these really silly team up attacks. Like one the characters is the school's nurse. She has all these like chiropractor moves that she's doing with grapples and her specials. The guy who plays like Reu looks like a middle aged math teacher, so that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh, the guy with the shoulder pauldrons and everything.
Speaker 5: And with the Star Wars Voldos there's two of them.
Speaker 6: That was plasma swords. Oh yeah, that was great.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Prince Saturn, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Saturday in prints and yeah, they were just big sillies, big cs. And that's the game too, where the lineage goes back to it maybe being a Star Wars series, and then that didn't happen.
Speaker 5: Tara Kazi they were gonna try it again, that's that.
Speaker 6: Yes, Yes, I think I think Terras Kazi happened instead of their well, Tara Cozy was ps one.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there was a there was a game before play.
Speaker 6: This is a sequel to a game called Star Gladiator, and that's the one that Star wars and that's as one game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 6: I for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: The first Street Fighter game I ever played was on the p S one and it was Alpha three and my main was Rolento, the guy with a pipe.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah, grenades? Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: What's he from?
Speaker 6: Is he from? I think he's from alf isn't he?
Speaker 2: I thought he was just from Alfa.
Speaker 6: He's not from like Final Fight or something like that or whatever.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just I'm looking at images right now of the first Street Fighter. I don't think I've ever played this game. Is there a more forgotten original game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think that's right, Like it's.
Speaker 5: Never in these collections. It feels like like it's.
Speaker 2: A completely different kind of game in a lot of ways. It's like you only play as for you and and you kind of go through a couple of for you.
Speaker 6: You could be Reu and Cannon. It's basically a boss rush and you can one be won those two characters. The physics are really weird. It's not a pretty game. It it is in the Street Fighter thirtieth anniversary code.
Speaker 5: Isn't that ok?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's all fun to play now, No, it was a street Fighter two is one of the it is the all time best sequel leap ever, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Like in any medium, like anywhere, like any The gap between street Fighter two and street Fighter one is like you can fit the rest of the world inside of that.
Speaker 3: I was about to argue Terminator two being but here's the terminator who's the best sequel. But Terminator one is still really fucking good.
Speaker 6: Ye, exactly.
Speaker 2: The chasm, isn't it very It's a different thing. Yes, street Fight one, I think I've only ever played on a DOSS version on my computer thirty years ago or something like that, so I want to I should track down like the actual like Arcade Cave.
Speaker 6: It's weird because it's not this good game, but it has this really interesting lineage because all the people who made that quit went to S and K made Fatal Fury. The first actual sequel to it is Final Fight, Like Final Fight was I think maybe gonna be called street Fighter two at some point. Then you actually had street Fighter two after Final Fight. So it's this weird game that just like spawned all this great stuff.
Speaker 4: Yep, I didn't know that. Yeah, I didn't know the Final Fight thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rolento, Actually it is from Final Fight.
Speaker 6: Oh okayeah, yeah, a lot of those Final Fight fights in the same universe. So a lot of those Final Fight characters eventually show up in Street Fighter Alpha and for and other games.
Speaker 4: Oh, Mike, we have so much to talk about. You can explain the whole history you planed all this time now. Street Fighter or Alpha three was also awesome. Like I was just really enjoying that Copper.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did run into the problem as a kid, and then we kind of like buffed up against it in the quick look of like all the isms in those games are just like we're super confusing the same.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like you got to just kind of ignore it until you understand it, right because like for the way that we're playing it, it doesn't actually change all that much at least that seems to be my interaction with it so far. So I kind of just like pretend it doesn't exist for the most parting.
Speaker 3: If I had had like a friend that was really into it and could just have told me that back then, I bet I would have been really into it because I love fighting games a ton as a kid. But then, yeah, the isms and the grooves and all that, i'd see them be like, what the fuck, I don't understand what I'm doing here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Catcrome Prosis K two isn't timidating that because it's like, immediately, here's six grooves, here's thirty characters. Pick one or three of them, now pick the ratios for them. It's like, what is happening? I want to just do a hadduke in.
Speaker 1: Yep, yehep exactly speaking about doing a haduken and the grooves. The roads generally have a lot of grooves.
Speaker 2: There's nothing with a haduke in there.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, you got the grooves though. The groove isn't the heart, just as well as Roadcraft seems to be Ian Jeff Grubb's heart.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I've spent some more time with this. This is the game that is making me continue to think that my CPU is fried. I did update my bios and everything, and it just won't work until I restarted my computer today. But whatever it is that there's a lot of cool stuff going on in this game. So as a reminder, I talked about it last week it's a construction game. You control a bunch of different.
Speaker 6: Vehicles, but it does some cool stuff where.
Speaker 2: It's like it's not all on you. Part of it is like you can set up some routes for computer controlled trucks to like take some other stuff while you're working on either something else or maybe to clear the way for them as they're coming down the road whether there could be something in the way, And that means that gives you a lot of reasons to be in the cool vehicles. It's not just about like you hauling stuff the way that mud Runners or snow Runners was. It's like, no, that stuff is being hauled right now, and if you don't go over there and like open the fence at the easy side or clear off all this debris on the more difficult side, they're just gonna get stuck and you're you're not going to be able to complete this mission. So it's like, Okay, great, that means I'm going to go get back in this bulldoze and I'm going to use that to clear all this stuff off the road again. And that's like the game finding a way to ensure you're in the most fun vehicles most of the time. It also like, I think it strikes the right balance of making sure that you're doing all of the stuff required to build a road versus bypassing that to make sure you're getting back to the fund as quickly as possible. For example, there is a segment where you play as a truck with the crane and you got to pick up all these big, heavy slabs, and I started doing that last week and I finished it this week, and it was cool because it's like, Okay, I actually do get to control the crane. Move it over, I can lift it up, I can put it down, move it left right. Latterly, I can extend it, I can drop the rope. I can control the length of the rope. So I have full control over this crane, and I'm going to pick up these slabs and I just kind of had to drive them across the street put them in my base, and now that they're in the base, they can at that point magically teleport to all your other bases. So it's like, Okay, I got to do some fun stuff, and now the game's gonna make it also pretty convenient for me to reaccess those resources when I get to the other side of the map. And it's like, shit, I wish I had that stuff. Well now I do, so it's pretty wisely designed in terms of that stuff. And then I'm like, Okay, I keep playing the game, and I'm like, this would be pretty fun multiplayer because there's just like everyone could be doing their own thing and working towards a common goal, and I think they really emphasized that with this one. So I'm kind of excited to see how that works. So that means I'm gonna make you all play at some point.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm rocking at screenshots of it, and I might have might as well have just typed make a Jeff Grub game into chat.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it really super is. And it's like, you know, like I do like big trucks, I found out, Sure, yeah, but it's really the physics, like anytime you have a big vehicle that has to like move through mud and get around trees and things like that, And I could see how the tires are sort of like slipping and sliding and then catching the mud, and how the mud gets deformed because of the tire interacting with that's just my ship in this game.
Speaker 6: All of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can make it. I can make it sound more sensual.
Speaker 4: I mean, there was something that triggered me. I was reading an email and then all of a sudden I heard you going off on mud in a way.
Speaker 6: That I don't play any of these games, yet somehow I want to play this one. I did really like that one part and then chared it four where I had to like winch a jeep. So do you think based off of that of have a good time.
Speaker 4: Here that is based off that part of the game. Yes?
Speaker 2: Interesting, of course they basically just took that and made that a video game. You are gonna winch so much ship in this game.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that's going vertical for win.
Speaker 1: You know, I feel like we've made it a point and a goal to try and make some of Mike Manatti's dreams happen, like being a skipper on like the Jungle Cruise. Jeff, do you want to like drive a big ass toe truck?
Speaker 2: Yes? I want to make that happen. We can super make that.
Speaker 4: You should. You should do that cross country for to get out to SGF. You should drive.
Speaker 1: Start driving now?
Speaker 6: Can we can we get one of those ones that looks like Mader from Cars for him?
Speaker 2: I would do that I'm fine with that. It's just a little crane truck crane on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 5: I was eighteen.
Speaker 3: I made a commercial for a tow truck or like a big rig company, and I was supposed to go out to this truck lot and we had to get three trucks together to have them all do this thing for the commercial. And two of the trucks didn't show up, so I just had to sit in a big rig for like three hours while the driver listened to Christian rock radio and talk to me about Jesus fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, fund Yeah, And that's why some tow trucks have like a crucifix in the back.
Speaker 2: Exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking about driving, A couple of us have played deliver at all costs quickly.
Speaker 2: Now in the.
Speaker 3: Site, there's a winch. You can do a winch. There's plenty of wench in there. Yeah, you haven't got the wench.
Speaker 5: You got to get a blueprint for it and build it.
Speaker 2: Yes. I like the doors.
Speaker 4: The door thing. That's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: I think I'm locked one more things since then, but that's the first thing I unlocked, and I'm like, oh I get it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: This game is gonna be fun. It's just do fun stuff.
Speaker 3: The door thing's hilarious because like, yeah, that's the first thing you unlock, and I've yet to find an actual use for it. By the way, this is delivered, Oh god, the quick Look is up. Now you're driving around, you're delivering stuff kind of like isometric almost like GTA style. You know, it's very very fun with a ton of destructibility. Yeah, just driving straight through buildings. That's the moment I saw that thing.
Speaker 2: It feels so good.
Speaker 3: But the door thing, Yeah, you unlock a thing where on your company car, if you hit circle, it opens up both the doors and the hood hood. And the only thing I found to do with that is like, if I'm driving by a sidewalk and someone's walking, I'm like the door checkers, you know.
Speaker 2: It's like hitting them with a seven iron.
Speaker 5: They just go flying. Which there's a thing watched the quick Look.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a mission where I have to deliver a bunch of thinking watermelons and keeping in the truck. And I went back to it when I had upgrades, and so I had spike wheels and things like that, and I don't know how many times in this quick look, I would just go up to a car with my truck full of watermelons and shear the edge off the car, and then the drivers like corpse would fly into the bed of my stinky watermelon trucks and like, I don't think they're supposed to die, They're supposed to stand back up. But since they were like rolling around with all these watermelons, there's just these bodies freaking out and indibles me get bombed a million times while trying to deliver a trampoline to a navy base. I think it's just a bunch of really wacky delivery missions where it's like the melon one is, Oh, this guy's trying to sell these stinky, shitty watermelons to like a tiki bar, and they're like, we don't want these, they're stinky, So you take it. You spray them with pesticides to get all the bugs off them, and then you paint them green and then you drive them back. And then there's another one where it's like a guy wants to impress a girl with a fish he caught, and so there's this giant swordfish and then you also paint the swordish. Yeah, so there's painted sword fishes on the back of your truck, just flopping around like crazy, and you have to drive through like stinky fish barrels to feed it so it doesn't die or whatever.
Speaker 6: And it's alive in your truck. Bade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just freaking out in your truck. Oh man, It's just so silly and fun. The destructibility is great, Like I always hate it in games where it's like any driving game where it was like, you know, one of the gta's where you hit a light post or something and physics are too realistic and it's like I gotta get back up to speed and all that this is you're just plowing through shit like crazy.
Speaker 5: It makes me think of like geomd Red Faction stuff.
Speaker 3: Or h I mean blast Core. I mean last Greek Mike brought that up on the Quick Look. Yeah, it's totally that. But yeah, super super goofy. I mean, if there's criticism I'd give is that, like there's some pacing stuff, Like I'm pretty far out of the game now, I'm eight or nine hours in and there's like a lot of story stuff and it's like the game is quirky. I like the whole presentation, but I don't like the story enough to dedicate this much time to it, you know.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be my question, Dan, Like, it starts off with quite a bit of story, Like once you're in the game and you're driving around, it's the game and you're driving around, but there are this segments in between some of these missions where it's like we're gonna you're the character's gonna be talking and he's gonna tell you what's going on. You're gonna have to go talk to other people as well, And I'm like, so that doesn't sort of like fade away. It kind of maintains at that level.
Speaker 3: If anything, it's kind of been doing more of that to the point where I have started playing it a little more. Is like a podcast game, you know, where it's like I'm listening to something or watching something in the background because like, I don't know the presentation. I like the story, I'm not super into it is like a sixties you know, like some alien stuff, some like you know, paranoia, government agent type stuff. But it's I don't know, it's not the strength of the game. The strength of the game, it all doesn't matter, right. It's all very silly to the point where it's obvious. Then none of the story match. Yeah, where every mission the fun part is like, okay, what is the gimmick? Heure like, yeah, yeah, Princey's positive, So it's like, okay, delivering a fish, getting bombed on a golf course, you know, just goog like having to drive this car into a volcano that type of shit.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the goofiness kind of reminds me of like Thug one and Thug two of like, hey, this is a very off kilter mission. And then I do enjoy the drive. Mike. You said something interesting about like it being isometric and like kind of enjoying that view more because you see more. And I guess that's never clicked with me with like isometric driving games. I haven't really like clicked with them in the past. But for whatever reason, maybe it's because I can crash through everything in this game and not get really penalized. It's it's great, right.
Speaker 2: Right, go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 6: Sorry, but you know, like isometric, it's it's like it has that vibe, but really it's more of a top down thing. It's like the old GTAs, right, it's in between, right.
Speaker 2: Kind of between because there's a bit of a slant to it where yeah, there's an angle it's and it's yeah, it's it's RC program.
Speaker 6: If you squid right, you can you.
Speaker 3: Can choose if you want to do like kind of like tank perspective controls or you know, just like yes in the direction, what are you guys doing default tank controls? I mean, I'm I love the old DTAs the tops. I'm you, I love RC pro am I'm used to that.
Speaker 1: Are are any of those original gta's worth revisiting? I I, you know, I never.
Speaker 2: Chat that's good because that's like and that that's one where they kind of burned formed by all the stuff they did with like three and by sitting in San Andres. But it goes back to that top down perspective and it's got just a lot more going on. It's awesome.
Speaker 6: I think it's one of my favorite gt I never played those Hotline Miami games that are again more.
Speaker 2: Inspired by the original. It's a little different. These are just like straight up action.
Speaker 3: Games, right yeah, yeah, driving around like GTA one and two were like transformative for me. I mean just the openness of it and just the tone and they had a fart button.
Speaker 2: I was I was in there GT two and just being like, this is awesome. And then me and my friends have been like, I can't wait for them to make this into three D, and we basically described gt A three to each other and it was like then they delivered. It was awesome. There are some other GTA inspired games that have come out recently, American Fugitive and Grand Theft. I think I just call it Grand Theft Horse, but I don't think it's actually called Grand.
Speaker 6: Theft Horse, but there is, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: There's another top down one like that that are pretty good. I think it's from the American Fugitive people, so I'll look it up.
Speaker 1: I might out Chinatown Wars.
Speaker 3: It's it's so good played on a real three like three DS or DS, because like you do need to use the stylus a lot for like some like diffuse about them in games and stuff.
Speaker 5: What was the PSP version stories and city story?
Speaker 6: No, but they poureded Chinatown Wars the PSP, did they? Oh wow? And I don't think it's the ideal way to play that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably not? Like, Yeah, I played a ton on DS.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, all right, I'll go dig out my DS. Uh speak about quick looks that we did for games.
Speaker 2: Recently.
Speaker 1: We also did a quick look for Doom the Dark Ages. Mike Minatti, I understand that you have now been playing Doom the Dark Ages.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have been.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: I played the Maternal not too long ago, just about a month ago, getting ready for this, and it's it is so nice that this isn't just Doom Maternal too, and I like doing Maternal quite a bit, but I love that the mechanics here are different, that you get the shield and it's not just a gimmick parentheses negative. It is a core part of the experience doing this shield dashing blocking stuff and pairying stuff. And I get like some people are being a bit snarky, like, oh, I guess we're just gonna put Perries into more games and make them better. And I'm like, that kind of problem with it, right, give me a burnout, especially when it's.
Speaker 3: Very generous in Doom that at least on the default that Perry is easy to hit.
Speaker 6: You can even like there's a slider for the Perry time, you can even just mess around with it. But yeah, it's very generous. It's not necessarily about the hardware time. There's that one enemy in Doom Eternal that was one of the few that had this perry windows like the only way to really attack him. And it was pretty rough. It was kind of forgiving. It was a tough fight. I liked it. I think it it rough with a lot of people's feathers because it was very difficult and it was very rigid with the way you had to fight this skuy but You Eternal had a bit of that where the specific ways you had to attack certain enemies was very rigid, like even those those flying orb guys, like you're supposed to shoot a rocket in their mouth and that kind of gets them and one hit. And the glory kill thing, which was cool. That was so much a Doom maternal like glory kills are almost omnipress and almost oppressive. Just how much you were depending on that to stay alive and here at least, you know, I'm like in the first seven levels, I just did that first big dragon riding one. I feel like there's a bit more jazz in the way I can play it, a bit more free form. And by the way, flying around on a dragon in that level is really cool. I liked that a lot. There's some rigidity there with like oh there's an invisible wall, or when you like lock onto an enemy, he sort of just like somewhat awkwardly snap into place facing them. But I also didn't really care because it looked really cool and it was really fun.
Speaker 1: Do you guys find like the dragon and like the Kaiju segments? Does it? Does it break up the pacing too much? Or is it it breaks it up? Yeah?
Speaker 6: The pacing needs breaking up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because you know, Mike, I was watching your stream when you were talking about Doo Maternal getting some flak for like the super long levels, and I do feel like when I get to like that Atlin, like that Mech level, it's just like, Okay, last one I did was a big you know, scouring all the environments for every hidden thing and everything, whereas the Atlin ones like I'm just gonna step on everything and shoot everything with the giant turret.
Speaker 2: Like it did feel like it broke up the base in a good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, Mike, I understand you have also been playing Doom. Is this the twenty eighteen or the original original?
Speaker 6: This is the og Doom first time or that first time I played it? You know back then? For sure, and you know it's been poured to everything. But I realized, I don't think I've ever actually played through Doom, and I've played other these retro shooters getting remastered on my switch. I did Quake that way. I did all of Truck one that way. Are you doing the new releases the Doom one and two?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I can't remember if they have a subtimes this Doom one plus two.
Speaker 6: I think yeah, so like recently they like re remastered these games on everything. It's not very expensive and it has Doom one due two and all sorts of these other episodeisodes that got released for it. I'm like, yeah, let's play Doom one on my switch. That would be a kind of a nice I'm looking for something to play while I'm watching YouTube and bed at night. Right, this is something that I know is relatively breezy. It's not gonna have a lot of story that I need to listen to. Doom one still is a ton of fun, and these remasters are great. I love these things, and I love just being like I'm gonna map Quick Safe too up on the d pad and Quickloads down on the d pad and like I'm gonna say scum like crazy and just play through as much of this game as possible because who cares. I'm having a good time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I heard nothing but good things about that Doom one post too. I'd played a little bit of it. It was like, yeah, this is impressive. It is night Dive, right that did those? Yeah, updated those Yeah, that's you know, just solid work from them as always.
Speaker 6: Right, And again, like I'm like on the third chapter of Doom, which I think was like there's three chapters originally I think there's a fourth bonus one. I might play two, then there's all of Doom two, and then all this other stuff like this Final Doom and it's I think it has the chapters that comprised Final Doom. Final.
Speaker 3: There was like a fan thing, right, Uh yeah, it was a.
Speaker 6: It got right. But there's like there was like two times where John Romero can came back and made more level packs for like a twentieth anniversary, in the thirty anniversary or whatever, and those are in here. So there's just a ton of Doom. But even like the old stuff, like these og levels are still really fun. You know, there was something about this playing a game like, man, this was important, wasn't it? You kind of get it. There's even a part of me that because you know, back then they poured a doom to everything and all the ports had these caveats and blah blah blah, and we joke now about all this thing can run doom. But it's still a part of me that's like, wow, this thing is running doom perfectly like that. But just I remember how bad the Super Nintendo Port was, even right, like the thirty two acts, even though one didn't they pretty store. Yeah, yeah, the three d oh one was terrible and you would have thought like that would be amazing, and it's the.
Speaker 2: GBA one is kind of like weirdly good. But I'll still a bunch of those caveats. Yeah, right, so.
Speaker 3: There's still a little one plus two that's a I forgot the Night Dive did that?
Speaker 5: That sounds awesome?
Speaker 6: It's awesome. It's great, And these games are still fun to play, and they're just kind of breezy and still interesting and obviously historically important. I think everybody should play them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I in my basement, after emptying out my childhood home, I got that. I found that CD. Did I tell you guys about that? The CD with all the wads on it, so I had I I guess from like eb Games or Babbage's or what.
Speaker 6: Sumps water or whatever like what you have on there.
Speaker 4: No, it's it was like a retail thing that I guess back then, like you could just get away with selling at a store and no one would really like say, yeah, it was the wild West back then.
Speaker 7: We were all kids, these kids back then, literally and exactly it was born. Yeah, exactly, well now you get it. And I found the CD and it was like this really weird cover jewel case with like this like skull on it, and out of the skull was like the logo Doom. And it was just like, hey, Bud, how would you like ten thousand wads for Doom? And You're like, you know, I guess, I'm like maybe ten or twelve at the time, and.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, fuck, whatever this is, I need it. And I found the CD and it's it's in the basement now with all the other personal.
Speaker 2: We should do a stream where we go through like some of those.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll need a CD drive.
Speaker 2: You can get like a USB CD drive for like ten bucks on it for fifty eight cents, I bet. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: What the wads. I remember, like, I think this is the first kind of form of rebellion most people from my generation had was just wads or AOL flash games where you killed Barney the Dinosaur. Sure it was our way of being like, I'm not a child and anymore. Yes, it's for.
Speaker 2: Kids, and everyone's like, yeah, we know, what's your problem. Well he should die, Like are you okay? It's like no, get me like ten years and then I'll be okay.
Speaker 6: Right this it's weird.
Speaker 2: That was not an autobiography. Right now, I swear.
Speaker 6: No, we all did it.
Speaker 2: We all are like I did not. I never turned my back on Barney got here. I was the thing.
Speaker 3: I always bemoaned the fact that I never got to grow up with PC games and I missed, you know, Half Life and all this stuff when it was hot. And now I'm thinking, like, I wonder if I am kind of too blame for that, because I never had a computer that could play anything. My stepdad had an old Packard bell that was not like powerful, but it would have been able to play a HESCD rom. I should have been able to play a Half Life on it. But he never trusted me with the computer because he's always gonna get a virus, gonna get virus. Can't put computer, no games on, it'll get a virus. And then I used to always think of it like, oh man, he didn't know anything about games.
Speaker 5: It's not going to be a virus. What's wrong with him?
Speaker 3: But then I realized the first thing I think I did with his computer when I got it, when I was allowed to use it, was I went into micros off paint and I made like a triangle like warning, simple thing with a skull on it, and I typed like warning, warning, serious virus detected, you know, contact and whatever immediately, and then I made it the desktop wallpaper and connected. Dan got home from school and the geek squad was there and they were like, it's a wallpaper, like I think you made in paint.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, it was like nineteen ninety spive.
Speaker 6: This is the greatest break you can play on a boomer Ever.
Speaker 2: He was like, all the experts do you think your stepdad ever realized when they're like it's a wallpaper that it's like, oh, this was a prank or did he just.
Speaker 3: Wish he realized that I was like screwing with him or something. It was like, well, he can't touch the computer anymore. Okay, yeah, yeah, and then related it to a Star Wars First Contact Borg screensaver that he bought.
Speaker 4: I wonder what the first reaction was when when told it was a wallpaper, he was like, okay.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I am to blame for that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: No, norank, it's me.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm the problem.
Speaker 6: It's me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Games are getting weird again, and I am so excited for that because Dan and I have checked out a demo for two Uh tea.
Speaker 2: Tell me about this. I'm so excited. I hope it's good.
Speaker 1: This starts with one of the best opening songs of a game, and I realize that's not a common thing in games, but all games should have like a sitcom style opening. Yeah. The premise of this game is you are eighteen, you just turned thirteen years old, and your arms are permanently stuck in a t pose like position, and that opens you up to a bunch of moments of hilarity and embarrassment, like, for instance, your mom has to make you a very special long spoon so you can eat cereal. And how the game works is or for most of it, at least in the demo is you will use both analyg sticks to control different appendages. In the initial game, you were kind of just like using your arms to like poor a bowl of cereals. So there's also kind of hilarity that ensues because this is from the Katamari guy as well, right, Kita Takahashi. Yes, Kita Takahashi, and this has his DNA all over it. Parentheses positive because God, it's so fucking charming and it's so fucking fun. I want to befriend the dog in this game. The dog is so helpful. The dog helps you go to the bathroom because you can't wipe yourself.
Speaker 6: Wait, what does he do?
Speaker 3: The door shuts and you can't. You just kind of press buttons to make bathroom sounds and stuff, and then for your shorts in I can't remember what it does.
Speaker 1: Like a play a spaghetti No, I think something more friendly than the.
Speaker 2: Most artful way you could have asked that question, Mike, I appreciate.
Speaker 6: It getting Octa Dad vibes from.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's okay, okay, I'm gonna go rare fuddy duddy here. I like Octo Dad because it's got this kind of Goofy physics thing going on with challenges tied around it and everything. And I love Katamari. I just love the actual act of the rolling the ball around so and the personality obviously in the music this game, the demo you know, had like the personality. It's got this great song and stuff, It's got this great look and everything. I just feel like the gameplay itself is very simple in a way that like did not like after like the fourth or fifth little vignette of like okay, move the analystick to move your face towards the water, move the spoon towards your mouth. It's like, Okay, I get it's just gonna is this just gonna shuffle me from just like Goofy vignette to vignette without like I've been Warrior where when there's like a challenge and a speed to it, and like, I just feel like the game part of it was not really grabbing me from what I played. I love the tone, love everything. It seems like Conda be good for kids for sure. It's just I didn't feel any kind of like gaminess or challenge or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if it opens up more game elements later because can you.
Speaker 2: Guys describe like just a little bit more what the game play is actually.
Speaker 3: So it's like, let's say when you're making cereal, it's like, okay, so the box is over here, the spoon is over here, and so like each analog stick controls an arm and then like I think it's the bumpers or like grip, So like you move the left arm to the cereal, you hit LB to grab the thing, and then near analog sticking like pouring the cereal in the bowl, and then you're that like as.
Speaker 2: You're doing it's like something with one arm it's affecting the other arm because it's kind of like t posing or that thing is.
Speaker 3: It's not really like you know, when I think of like octodet, it was using the physics and stuff to like there were real challenges like how do I get this thing over this thing?
Speaker 5: How do I get over there?
Speaker 3: This just feels very it almost feels like quick time events in a way where it's just like now I do the thing with the left arm, and now I'm doing the thing with the right arm, and there's no real kind I didn't see any real fail states or anything. I'm just kind of like kind of interacting with this kid as he's trying to eat cereal. You know, it's like I love the concept and everything, I just didn't find it that fun to play, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah it uh and we're all anime experts here, but it does feel like a slice of life anime type of delio where you're kind of just like inserted in this kid's day. It is stupid charming though.
Speaker 6: I accidentally looks really nice.
Speaker 1: I accidentally put a hat on my dog, and now I just want hats on all dogs, to be honest. Yeah, the demo's pretty light in terms of gameplay, Dan, did you figure out what the coins you were collecting?
Speaker 6: Do? No?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, no, no I have not.
Speaker 3: There are definitely like other like outfits and stuff that you can unlock, but I didn't really play enough to get those.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the game games called Twit and it's out May twenty eighth.
Speaker 6: Is that you, guys? Is that release state sound.
Speaker 2: Right to you?
Speaker 1: That sounds about right? Yeah, there's currently a demo out on Steam right now, and it's one of those delios where your progress carries over so awesome, no good, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Eventually unlock like s.
Speaker 2: Or p.
Speaker 6: Do you s pose like you like it's like those the Egyptians doing the Egyptian thing.
Speaker 4: Mike, it's not even a week.
Speaker 6: But that's bad though.
Speaker 5: Oh god, percent of each boys.
Speaker 6: I was doing with the spot of arm that was it was. It was more like a sea I was doing.
Speaker 1: Mike, you were just hutting right the hit dance.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can't believe. I can't believe.
Speaker 6: God, oh no, I want to see that.
Speaker 5: No, it's that channel.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: What a disappointment.
Speaker 6: Egyptian dance.
Speaker 1: What okay, Yeah, well we'll we'll wait for you to figure out if it's offensive.
Speaker 4: Betrayal.
Speaker 6: What Ai says, whether Egyptian dance, particularly belly dancing, is offensive is a complex issue with very affect. Is That's not what I bet if I was belly dancing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, happier it's And that's why I'm continuing to make the argument we should sell crop tops in the Giant Bomb store.
Speaker 3: Agreed, Agreed. I I have heard that that would be. That would be a smart idea to make good crop tops for our stuff.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic. Speaking about weird games, I've been playing a little bit of this, not enough to be able to talk about on the podcast, but I picked up Promise Mascot Agency.
Speaker 2: I tried that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's made by the developers a Paradise Killer, which was like a sleeper hit from a couple of years ago, banger of a soundtrack gang.
Speaker 6: And from the.
Speaker 1: Early bits that I've played of it, it seems like it is kind of like Shenmu in the sense that you were just doing miscllaneous chores in a Zootopia like town, but instead of animals, they're all mascots for various things.
Speaker 5: I was uncompared for.
Speaker 3: Like I watched the trailer and it looked like like I am a big mark for mascots.
Speaker 5: I think mascots are just the funniest, greatest thing.
Speaker 3: And then it's just like you're driving around it looks like this like Open World silly delivery game, like delivered aal cause with mascots and stuff. And I played it it's like a It felt like a visual novel.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was a lot where like the path split, where like damn may be less interested, and then like the freaking me is like all right, give me some more text.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I played like twenty minutes on a flight and I was just like when does the game start?
Speaker 5: And then I eventually just gave up on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, dig deeper because I kind of want to do a quick look for this.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've heard good things about it, but I also heard maybe it's not for me. I mean, it's overwhelmingly positive on stand you seem to love it. I was like trying to like figure out what it was from some trailers something. Is it like, you know, a physics thing where you're driving around with these mascots and they're bouncing around?
Speaker 6: So I went out, yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: Also, I wonder like when we're when we're saying mascots, do you think that's something universally understood?
Speaker 4: Do they have mascots in Europe?
Speaker 2: Surely? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah, mascots like dress up for football games, a man in a suit, like is what.
Speaker 5: We're talking about, shooting T shirts out of a cannon right.
Speaker 2: Land in Paris. They know it's not, but they don't call them mascots.
Speaker 4: Right, that's not We're talking like a sports team, right yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like like that Simpsons where Homer becomes the Isotopes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if football teams have mascots.
Speaker 1: Football instead, No, like soccer football, the real.
Speaker 4: Football, the real football.
Speaker 6: Yeah it should though, Yeah, I know I should lend them Slider.
Speaker 5: Ryan Reynolds just a big mascot Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've seen the creepy fry dude in Europe like twice.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the the palm freed Skuy Yeah.
Speaker 2: Dude, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, japan them. Yeah. I was just like, I'm like, I just like want to see some fun mascots. So I just googled Japanese mascots and I'm not disappointed. It's like it's incredible, famously European country.
Speaker 3: Hen there there was a really fucked up poutine guy that I saw in Montreal. This is a please describe this grub. Describe this for the audio listeners, please because this I'm normally a big fan of these guys.
Speaker 1: But what's happening here is that a sumo man.
Speaker 3: He's got like he's like crying tomatoes. He's got like a hot dog belt. His mouth is like he's got like French fried Beard, the like lettuce and cheese are coming out between his eyes and mouth.
Speaker 6: It looks like nonsense.
Speaker 2: He looks like he's like the best Canada can do. Honestly, no heading America right now, let's go everybody.
Speaker 1: Come all right, and the last game on the docket here. Speaking about weird games, Dan, you've been playing skin Deep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a game that I think I had a similar feeling as I do with like promised mascot agency.
Speaker 5: No, No, this is more.
Speaker 3: My problem is more than I suck at this one, because like I heard it was like a funny immersive sim which that's that triggered something in my brain where it's like, Ooh, I really enjoy like you know, Dishonored or the Newer Prey, Like I think that's really cool, and the idea of that with like comedic elements was really cool to me, and I believe that it's in there. I think that, like I can see enough of that game. I played like maybe a couple hours of it, and you can see like, all right, it's giving you a bunch of tools and locations and kind of setting up the dominoes where you could make some funny stuff happen. But I suck so much at it because I mean there's definitely a stealth component and I suck at that. So I feel like nine times out of ten. My encounters with enemies would be like, oh, they see me, and I throw pepper in their face and while they're coughing, I try to hit them with the stick or jump on them and subdue them, you know. But like I think that's a meat problem. I think there's really interesting things. Like to kill them properly, you have to like take their heads off and like shoot them out of an air lock or throw it in the trash, like basically send their heads into outer space. Otherwise they were like sh like suck back in and come back to life. But yeah, all the levels I played were like you're trying to get these keys and save these cats, And there are definitely a lot of tumils and stuff where like, oh, this soap dispenser thing you can activate and it'll like cause a cloud of flammable gas and then you can wait for someone to run by it and you can throw a lighter at it and it explodes. Like it just seems like all the tools are in place for someone with more patience and skill and stealth mind than me. You know, I just myself just kept getting caught and getting frustrated.
Speaker 2: I get this immercier sims are definitely the genre that often make me feel like, oh, I'm not creative sometimes I'm just like doing the most basic stuff every time, and that's like not a great feeling when you're like, oh, obviously there are all these tools here I could be using, but for some reason, I'm just not making the leap to use them in the moment. This one has been enabling me to do a little bit more of that, just because it's like, well, it's pretty clear and I'm a little bit better at stealth, so like that has opened up some possibilities for me, so I can take my time, and I think I just like the way it presents itself as here are some like really fast quick levels and were can like put you in a level for forever. So if you came up with the idea last time, we're gonna give you a lot of the same tools this time, go ahead and try it on this round instead. And that's worked for me.
Speaker 1: I want to spend some time in Skin Deep just because I just like how the presentation is when you save a cat and it's just yo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I do like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, cool cats for sure.
Speaker 1: This might get me to convert to being a cat person or not completely a cat person, but like just chill a little bit, chill, chill, bud.
Speaker 2: Dan that the humor is not like a turn off for you, because I don't think it's like whacky internet humor. But maybe it's adjacent to that. I was too hard.
Speaker 5: It's not you know, like, no, I can't ask cheeseburger.
Speaker 6: It's not that it's so funny.
Speaker 4: No, I think that's a thing again with kids.
Speaker 6: By the way, No, no bury that we bury cheesebag cat.
Speaker 2: I thought we cut off its head and separated it from its body and put it in the desert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nope, Nope, we did not bury it.
Speaker 1: And well yeah, because what the kids are into now is brain rot and brain rot and I can has cheeseburger. The then diagram is almost like.
Speaker 6: It was ovirginal skippity toilet, wasn't it When you think about.
Speaker 2: Described that was?
Speaker 4: Brain rod sort of is a catch off descriptor for like basically memes that people you know age six to like twenty.
Speaker 3: Like, so like if you said brain rot to Dibb, would he know? Yes, just a phrase the kids know now, Okay, said something about it.
Speaker 4: He said something about Italian brain rot, which I thought was soone, and Chad just said, I googled it.
Speaker 2: Italian brain rot is a viral.
Speaker 4: Meme ballerina stuff like that, characterized by absurdist humor.
Speaker 2: This is not very helpful.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's like it's like they all realized Italian. A lot of Italian ends in like vowels, and they're all just sort of doing like caccina ballerina. But up there's just doing real that.
Speaker 2: Like when I say, the video game kills z Onus pronounced kills the.
Speaker 6: Italian get in trouble for the thing. Look.
Speaker 4: Look, sometimes honestly, sometimes he'll come home and he'll say something and you know what, it's funny.
Speaker 6: It's funny.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's funny. Sometimes it's funny. A lot of times it's like eye roll inducing, and I'm just like, I'm like, you know what, I'm glad you motherfuckers never going to own a house like I'm you know, I'm happy about it.
Speaker 1: Print with that group.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, Jane, you got the short end of the stick on that generational divide.
Speaker 2: What can I tell you? Come?
Speaker 4: But no, it's it's funny, Like you know, I think it comes from it doesn't come from a bad place, right. I think it's just that it's just you know.
Speaker 2: It's compared to like what we were doing, like it's like, oh, everyone's going to go to school and quote Austin Powers exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was no jokes, right.
Speaker 4: The thing with the kids, like, I mean, it was on kind of like rapid fire for us too, but for for for it's like age group right now, it is like four day intervals and it's gone forever.
Speaker 5: We had good six months of doing cross chops and suckets.
Speaker 6: That's all we had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it went longer than that, but it was a.
Speaker 5: Few years actually, and then again no six and nine.
Speaker 6: But yeah, we quoted we had a freaking Ace Attorney Pet Detective and we're saying, alright, I'm sorry, Mike, what was I'm sorry, Michael?
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 4: Can you repeat that?
Speaker 1: See me?
Speaker 2: Rewind?
Speaker 4: Did you confluct yourself to it in your own brain? You've conflated Ace Attorney?
Speaker 5: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the game.
Speaker 1: That's the game and the movie Detective.
Speaker 4: Okay, someone needs to make the collad.
Speaker 6: We never knew we needed Pet Detective. And I was like, I think I think that's all right then I finished, like, I got it.
Speaker 4: You could just slip that by.
Speaker 6: Did scare me? I was like, shit, rewinde, what did I actually? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Oh got it?
Speaker 6: God, Okay, I got that.
Speaker 5: First attorney had a really problematic ending.
Speaker 6: It's a big problem.
Speaker 8: I saw that when I was twelve. I was like, yeah, but worth but all right, chicken jacket.
Speaker 2: Sorry, my kids been saying that NonStop for the last weekly.
Speaker 6: Might have to exploit to them that that actually isn't a joke. But that's not gonna help. This is gonna make no, No, it's not gonna help because again, like half the things we were quoting for movies, like Jim Carrey said something fun in a funny way already said smoke then.
Speaker 4: And that's still harmless?
Speaker 2: Are we kids today?
Speaker 5: We'll understand the power of Jim Carrey in nineteen ninety four had.
Speaker 4: They're exposed to him and Sonic So that's the onboarding.
Speaker 3: Sure, But I'm has there ever been an example of an actor in our lifetime that dominated, like a period of time more than he did in our life?
Speaker 5: Specifically nineteen ninety four, Jim.
Speaker 6: Carrey, like wait, Will Smith had a real good run there for a b okay Na ninety four was the Mask and Dumb and Dumber, and like the next year was freaking Batman forever. Ye right, so it was just unstoppable for a bit there. Yeah, you're right, it's the it's the top. Nothing beats it.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh, folks, that about does it for game talk. Look forward to a couple more quick looks popping off later this week. In the meantime, we're gonna go take a quick freaking break and we will.
Speaker 2: Be back with the news News.
Speaker 1: I feel a yearning, a yearning to sit in some bleachers drinking alcoholic beverage and down some glizzies, perhaps not nine of them, but I also have a yearning four the news All. I also have a yearning to know how much Deliver It All costs?
Speaker 2: Is Dan?
Speaker 3: Yes, I forgot to mention in the quick look and during the conversation earlier that it is free at launch. I saw the chat saying so on the Epic Game Store if you want to check it out, it should be free on Epic Games for like a week. Yes, I want to check it out. It seems a good one. Check out for free.
Speaker 2: That's a apparently did that before, So that's that's pretty cool that they returned to do that. That's like the kind of thing where it's like, here's a free game that came in a long time ago. I'm like, I'm probably not gonna go track down Epic for that, but in this like moment where it's like free in that first week where it's like, oh I should act or else I'm gonna lose the chance, that actually does make me more likely to go there and get that. Yes you should. Mike Manatiuh, Randy Pitchford corresponded, can you please tell us what's happening on the streets?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was like, is there like you're gonna talk about the Randy Pittford thing, right, And you guys didn't know us talking about Randy may have had his uh don't you have phones moment? Here?
Speaker 2: No phones? What was that?
Speaker 6: That was when everybody's really mad when Blizzard announced Diablo Immortal because they did not announce the Double before yet and people did not want to phone the double game. Then the guy was like, you all, don't you have phones on?
Speaker 2: Got cho?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: Oh that's or what was the the Adam or Microsoft like deal with it thing?
Speaker 5: Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, he got he got kind of like reamed for that, and that was a real unfortunate thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know the whole like, we have a we have a system for for or broke gamers. This the Xbox one, right or the Xbox three.
Speaker 3: Christy, people could use more media training.
Speaker 6: It turns out, well, so Randy's rake. It was interesting that, like he this tweet happened a week ago, but it's just picking up now where he was like promoting Borderlands for then some some person just like, hey, Randy, this game better not be eighty dollars, don't take that risk. Blah blah blah. And Randy responds, a not my call. B if you're a real fan, you'll find a way to make it happen. Oh god. Then he starts doing like a hole back in my day, I paid eighty dollars for starflight for Saga Genesis and worked, you know, five jobs and walk fifteen miles and stuff. Okay, you know that thing. So again, it's like happened a week ago, but everybody's noticing now and they're yeah, it's getting out there, and it's just it's not a it's not a great look. Let's say, I.
Speaker 2: Mean because like eighty dollars price tag. We were talking about this somewhere else, maybe it's a Gameless Mornings or whatever, but it's like every every single of these eighty dollars games are going to be under even more scrutiny because people are gonna be looking for reasons to be like, you, no, tell me why this thing's worth eighty dollars, And so if you give them a reason, it's like to be mad instead that's just going to like poison everything for you. So, like these things that could be small or be ignored in other circumstances, in a moment where it's like now you're charging eighty dollars for your game, people are going to make a big stink about it because they're mad.
Speaker 4: It's you are You are bringing the impulse by afication as close to zero as possible, and that's not great.
Speaker 6: And there's something really toxic and maybe even problematic about trying to leverage a person's perspective of themselves as a fan with their ability, like how much they're gonna pay for something.
Speaker 2: No true Scotsman would miss out on border Lands four.
Speaker 1: I you know, I don't I don't like commenting on anyone's appearance or body shaming here.
Speaker 4: Oh but but but go ahead and do it.
Speaker 1: I'll do it here the photo floating around with this quote of a if you're a real fan, you'll find a way to make it happen. Someone someone in his camp needs to fucking fix his suits. Dog Like I hate to be the menswear guy on like Blue Sky and Twitter, but like, Homie, fucking unbun your ship stop looking I know that he wants to look like a magician, but stop looking like a magician.
Speaker 2: That doesn't.
Speaker 4: Like John Goodman in season four of Righteous Gemstones and like the thing is, John Goodman pulls that ship offs.
Speaker 1: Randy here years older than No he got the backler.
Speaker 2: He looks like Brother Love.
Speaker 6: And again Brother Love pulls that ship off. It's like he doesn't know he's wearing a gimmick.
Speaker 2: Now he doesn't. Yeah, and he lives it. Brother, So yeah, of course he's not wearing agamic That just is his life.
Speaker 5: The Bruce Pritchard of the games industry.
Speaker 1: All right, I bet the body positivity.
Speaker 2: There we go. Other news, Nintendo has filed a new trademark for Sings two thousand and seven DS adventure game Yo Hotel Dusk room two to one flo Oh my god. Tend have filed a new trademark for a Hotel Dusk to room two one to five in Japan, which is raising speculation about a potential remake. As whatever these like trademark things happen, always pointing out like you know, sometimes there's just a lawyer sitting in a room going through paperwork and being like, I should take a look at things. We should renew trademark's on. It's been a it's been a long time, and we like have to do that. We have to be on top of trademarks, because that's one if like you don't use it, you lose it. So a lot of times that's what happens. But Hotel Dusk does feel like one where it's like, I bet they wouldn't take the time to do that when unless something was actually happening.
Speaker 4: Can you get my games coming like the game's coming back?
Speaker 6: A yeah, absolutely. I help last Windows with it because I never actually played that the sequel. So although because these were the games where you played on your ds like a book, and I really liked that aspect of it, and you can't replicate that on a switch or whatever. But still, well, I guess I'll take it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they would just like do a side by side on the horizontal screen, right, it would be weird.
Speaker 6: There's not one puzzle where you had to close the DS and like I didn't realize it and I was stuck for a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I we should do a some sort of retrospective on that kind of thing, because like or like hitting the reset button on X Men on the Genesis when they're like, you have to reset the machine in the game, that's all they tell you, but you're actually reset on your actual Genesis to make it go.
Speaker 5: There's like ten from Middle Year solid we could do between.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that bullshit either way, Okay, so maybe a little bit of more smoke here is that sing The developer Ciing has recently worked with Nintendo to bring back some other games, which is its dual collection of another code and that's another code recollection, which was two games they released like last year I think, and those were I think those were also like with those DS games, there was we we Okay, Well, either way, they've worked together before to like bring some other games back. There's a possibility here that maybe this is just Hotel Dusk, so yeap, okay d all right, So yeah, then there's some evidence here that they've done this process before with the studio with one of their games. So I think it's worth getting.
Speaker 4: Your hopes up for at least a re release.
Speaker 2: A new Hotel.
Speaker 6: Dusk will up to see another updates. The first another code was DS, the second one was WE. Okay, there we got.
Speaker 2: So both right, yeah, all right, We've got a whole parade of Nintendo stuff here, and then we'll get into some Sony news after that. Nintendo taps Samsung to make switch to chips and a move that could ramp up production. Really, this is just notable for two reasons. One, by going with Samsung as opposed to what everyone else does, which is TSMC Taiwan, these semiconductor manufacturing company, everyone else kind of does their chips for them because they have they do have the best technology. By going with Samsung, they are probably gonna be first in line have most of that production capability dedicated to the switch to which is why because of this, people are predicting they're gonna have twenty million units by March of twenty twenty six. They should be able to get to that huge number pretty easily because of that. Also, Samsung's technology being a little bit behind does indicate here that there is a lot of room for an improved switch to at some point. So if people are the kind of people that are waiting on the sideline because you're like, I know, they're gonna do a switch to upgrade or one with a better screen or.
Speaker 6: An O LEAD.
Speaker 2: I think it O LEAD with a smaller nanimeter process. All that matters is it's more efficient, so it'd have better battery life. That's all anyone needs to know about that. That seems very likely at this point. So yeah, if you want to wait on the sideline until there's a ton of switch to games and you're going to get an even better version, I bet that happens within like two two and a half three years before we get something like that.
Speaker 6: Cool, all right.
Speaker 2: Nintendo confirms previously expected switch to feature won't be available at launch. In its early documentation, Nintendo said the switch Too would support VRR variable refresh rate on TVs on displays when it's docked. They have removed all references to that and have confirmed that that feature will not be in the switch to at launch. When asked if it would come later, they said, we have nothing to announce, so maybe they could update it. But there are some concerns that the way that the DOC actually works, some of the components that are in there can't handle VRR for some reason that seems possible, so maybe it never comes to the docked situation.
Speaker 4: It does still work in.
Speaker 2: Handheld modes, So this is like the equivalent of g sync or free sync, if those are terms that are more familiar to you. Basically just makes your screen update at the same rate as your GPU, so the tearing and the jittering that you get from a lot of games running at bad frame rates isn't quite as bad. In fact, it's significantly improved. I don't know do you guys do do any of you guys even know if your TV support VRR?
Speaker 5: I think mine does.
Speaker 3: But it's just like every time I go into an options menu now there's an ever increasing amount of features that I don't know if I'm supposed to turn on.
Speaker 5: Or not, like frame generation all this, like VRR, free sync.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what's good, what's bad, what's taxing, what's for lower end computers?
Speaker 5: What's for higher in computers, Like, I have no fucking idea.
Speaker 1: I just keep thinking of the Indian movie or Bollywood movie from a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: But that's r R R Oh yeah, yeah, that's universally good. Yes, this is one more refresh yep.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I like VRR is one if like you can support it or if you do have it, you should use it.
Speaker 6: It's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: But a lot of times on TVs, like you turn on one option and it makes another option that it doesn't work because it's like HDMI two point zero or whatever. So it's like you can't have four K with Dolby Vision and vr R on at the same time. It's like, well, why the hell not.
Speaker 3: But then it's like I think it was Doom or something I was trying to play recently, and it's like, you know, okay, ultra performance performance balance quality. I get that, and then like above quality, there was like d L A A or something, and it's like is that better than quality because that's like I don't know what that is now, And then yeah.
Speaker 2: It's very confusing.
Speaker 4: It is silly that all these years, everyone all those menus just assume like everyone's a developer.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the longest time, it's like, you know what s R s l R three v two is, right? Oh no, just b one. I'm sorry that you're out of date. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I agree it is now yeah, it's a real thing now, Yeah, it's Yes, those graphics options have gotten kind of out of hand. But uh, you know, frame generation. If you're on a high refresh rate freight monitor, high refresh rate monitor, you should use that.
Speaker 6: I think it's it's a good thing, okay, but high refresh rate it's sixty or not anything about anything about sixty pretty much.
Speaker 2: So yeah, probably one twenty and above would be really good if you're getting those kinds of frames. Anyhow, if you're getting like sixty to ninety, turn on frame generation you can get one hundred and forty five.
Speaker 6: Is there every.
Speaker 3: Reason to not have like DLSS on because my understanding is that it's just something that like, oh, it can allow like lower end computers to run things at decent frame rates. But if I have a higher end computer, do I turn on dls as still or does that degrade equality?
Speaker 2: Well? No, if you're using DLSS in quality mode, you're going to have a visual an image quality that is basically indistinguishable from running a native four K or sometimes it's even better because it's using data from a sixteen K version of that game. That's the way they at least did it at the beginning. It might be different now, but they would just train the way the game should look at sixteen K, and so it has all of this like like metadata about what it needs to do to get to that point. And it could sometimes take stuff from like a ten eighty P image and reproduce it in a way that's even better than native four K. Sometimes.
Speaker 3: You know, my day, I bought star Flight for Sega Genesis for eighty dollars.
Speaker 5: I don't have to wait for an update or worry about this.
Speaker 2: Nintendo will be attending games Com twenty twenty five, that's you know. I guess maybe I'm asking this because are you guys ready to go back to games Com?
Speaker 3: I think the same time as the gathering, so we'll see, Okay, Well we keep.
Speaker 6: Our priorities straight there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm up for either.
Speaker 2: Tend. I think we'll be at the Gathering of the Jugglers as well.
Speaker 6: I'm sure though, so.
Speaker 2: I'll be fine. Nintendo wasn't a games come last year. They'll be here this year. Obviously they got to switch to to sell, So I guess the other question would be, do you think as we get later into the year Nintendo does have any other like one more game left twenty five?
Speaker 5: Do you think it could just be Metroid right?
Speaker 3: Well, anything unannounced anything, There will be at least one exciting thing. I think that is coming out of the holiday. I think I don't know if it's Mario time yet. I think maybe next year is Mario time.
Speaker 6: Never get that they're gonna have Pokemon z A Legends or whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh I mean in my brain it's not so it doesn't count.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's very not anymore.
Speaker 5: It's nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: No, it's arguably one of their biggest things.
Speaker 6: Once heard of it.
Speaker 1: He could choose a bigger mouse than Mickey Mouse. Sometimes, Ah, they what hurt you?
Speaker 6: If? Like, every month I tell you how many more copies Pokemon Legends Z sells than Donkey Kong?
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 5: I just don't care.
Speaker 6: Well in not lait a second. First, it's not real. Now you don't care. What other mental gymnastics do you perform to keep perfect? Dan World Going.
Speaker 5: The Riker DNA is strong in my brain. It all works up here.
Speaker 1: Yes, that being said, I would love to go back to games Com.
Speaker 5: I would just good. I would do games Com. If you're listening, I would.
Speaker 6: Go to games Com. I wouldn't want to do like we did games Calm straight to London. I came home for three days, then went to Seattle and at the end of that I was feeling kind of I.
Speaker 3: Did all that, but right before that, I was also in Japan. No, right after that, I went to Japan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't you guys like watch wrestling in London or something?
Speaker 2: Went to Wimbley.
Speaker 6: Yeah, way back from Games Gone. They're all fantastic trips and I wouldn't change it, but it was. It was a lot of traveling.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't change anything about the Germany trip. Mike, huh, even racist outburst.
Speaker 6: Oh give me a break, racist outburst.
Speaker 1: I was more talking about how a woman's form is similar to a soda bottle.
Speaker 5: There were numerous things that led to him being banned.
Speaker 6: It wasn't about her format all those but the colors of her clothes are being misconstrued red that way. Mike read exactly. It was red. It was just a red dress. It just reminded me of a cook a cord bottle. Look what Bailey on the dump truck. We'll hash this out. What's the frog?
Speaker 2: I'm sure red Red Dead Redemption two is reportedly coming to switch to his commits to Nintendo.
Speaker 4: There is right right there.
Speaker 2: And looks that's a game that looks like a coke bottle. Take two committing to the to the Nintendo switch to that sounds great. That obviously doesn't mean GTA six. It means everything else right. GT six is not going to run on no show.
Speaker 3: Is there any world in which some rock Star social club thing will let my PC save of Red Dead two go to switch?
Speaker 5: Because I do want to keep going with that at some point.
Speaker 6: I think that sounds like something that does.
Speaker 3: I would like that. Yeah, yeah, I've been meaning to go back to that once there's a little Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that that would probably make a lot of sense.
Speaker 6: I'm just glad that I have Dan on team Red Dead. Redemption two is good now.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm not suddenly, you know, waving the flags. I think it's a good game.
Speaker 2: I think he still has a lot of like like issues.
Speaker 5: All of my frustration stand still.
Speaker 3: I'm just like I've made peace with it in a way that I wasn't at lunch, you know, And I do enjoy it, and I.
Speaker 2: Enjoyed it at lunch.
Speaker 6: It's a good game.
Speaker 2: That's the important, well made game. It's it's very Yeah, yes, we'll see I think really this is just indicative of a lot of third parties being like we should at least be testing the wall with the switch to to see how things do. Third party games will probably do better on Switch too than they even did on Switch one right, just at least out of the gate.
Speaker 6: I would think so, because yeah, somebody them are just gonna run really well with a Switch one. There are a lot of ports that weren't great even sometimes then they would still sell well. Like Mortal Kombat eleven right did really well on the Switch even though the game looked like ass on there and here. That shouldn't be a problem. It's gonna be curious to see which of these right away do well. You can see Cyberpunk, especially Sierpunk's gonna probably do very well. I hope Hitman gets a little bit more juicy, but Split Fiction immediately does very well also, So it's gonna be interesting just how quickly those floodgates open. Like, I'm almost a little bit surprised it's not more right away at launch, even though it is a pretty good amount. Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a lot of developers are probably like, man, had we been here for this launch, we probably would get a lot of shine, And I think the ones that are gonna be there are gonna do very well. All right, So let's shift over to some spell God, I'm not doing that on purpose. Let's shift over to news from Shift Up Stellar Blade sequel quietly revealed by developers Shift Up. Stellar Blade has sold over one million units, and Shift Up may have already revealed plans for a sequel. The developer's recent presentation hinted at Stellar.
Speaker 6: Blade two, slated.
Speaker 2: For release before twenty twenty seven, alongside a PC release and platform expansion for the original game. So we're going to do a lot of stuff with that. That Stellar Blade game I played about three or four hours. I thought it was pretty okay indeed, Yeah, yeah, quite a bit of fun. So I'm once this PC version hits, I'm probably gonna really play it on there, and then I'll be ready for a sequel. Sure, why not that I want more character action games to just keep thriving over there, while all the everyone else seems to be moving in the direction of frum Soft. Like I'm I'm very happy about that. I love frum Soft and from Soft style games, but character action games should not be deprecated because of that. So I'm glad Shift Up is keeping it alive.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of work to cool in a Soul's game, but in a character action game like this, you just look.
Speaker 6: You just can't help it. Yeah, yeah, I'm still a little weirded that by Stiller playing, I like, do like it right, But there's it's not even even though it's out all of you know that discourse that happened, which was mostly stupid, I can't ignore it. There is still something just when I look at this game, I look at this character, it's still a little weird.
Speaker 1: I have to admit, I look at this character, I look at this game, and I have no problems.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely with you, Mike, where it's like, okay, like it's so on your face. But I mean, I'm so used to that from games from my entire life that I built out this thing where it's like I'm just gonna put that over. That doesn't matter. Whatever they're being like egregious about it. That's video games.
Speaker 6: Now, It's fine. I like, I played plenty of sex, and you know, I'm sorry for even bringing this discourse up again. I guess there's something. If it's the weird way the came doesn't act like this character is like the most beautiful person in the world, that is the weird part about it. I suppose.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's not like that Laura Cross level of like mild self awareness and winking at the camera even I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, there's there's absolutely zero self awareness. You're right, that's that's. This is them being like, this is what video game characters should look like and not acknowledging that in any way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's my pitch that they should call the sequel Stellar Blades and have a stylized two as an s Okay, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: All right. So that was a game that was you know, exclusive to PS five for a little bit. Let's get over to some other PlayStation and Sony News Bungee Polls, Marathon gameplay after Art Plagiarism, Plagiarism Storm, and says it's reviewing all art. So things have kind of gone south for Bungie in a pretty hard way since all this Marathon stuff happened. First, the game was received coolly like I mean luke wrul to me, like, yeah, just like there was a cool reception, is what I'm trying to get.
Speaker 4: Cool is better than luke cools better than lukewarm, right, I.
Speaker 2: Would, because lukewarm means it's kind of cool. Cool.
Speaker 5: No one likes lukewarm stuff though, like a cool thing, like a crank.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lukewarm is always like man, yeah, okay, Well that's the noise I think people were making for marathon.
Speaker 2: Room temp.
Speaker 5: That works, That works, I mean, but wait, people like rooms to be room temp.
Speaker 6: People are nonplussed about the uh.
Speaker 5: The negative of them.
Speaker 2: Oops goblin laugh Now I'm freaking out, guys, there's the Greek goblin here. Either way, people were not happy or listen, they weren't disgusted by Marathon, but no one seemed that excited about it. Then uh, there was this problem with the art or someone an artist on Blue Sky was like, hey, it looks like they're using art that I made several years ago, and here are like several elements that I put in there as signatures, including the comic loss from control a delete us as evidence that this is my stuff, and Bungie was like, yes, you're right, we have stolen your art. We're apologies, we're taking it out and we're going to do a full review of all of the art in the game. And while while this is happening, people are also hearing that, like, this is destroying morale at a bunche a place where morale was already pretty low, because now this is all people are talking about. No one's really talking about the game itself. And when people do talk about the game, they often say something like, oh yeah, but I'm gonna play arc Raiders instead. That looks like they're fun. And this is a game that has to do well for Bungie.
Speaker 4: It just has to.
Speaker 6: That's where they're at.
Speaker 2: So this is rough.
Speaker 6: It's so rough with these free to buy, im free to play live service games. So this game is gonna cost forty dollars. It's it's hard because people do just kind of look for a reason to not have to care because they can be big time investments, they can be big monetary investments, and there's already so many games like this. You can just play Fortnite like you know what Concord. It's like the moment people are like the narrative of oh this is this looks like, you know, a poor clone of Guardings to the Galaxy. Well that took off and it became a joke and I was like, yeah, people when people play that game, like, yeah, the game's not that bad, but I don't know, the vibes are off, and this feels like, you know, the test being received kind of lukewarm. Whatever we said is one thing, but now like the stolen art thing, bad vibes, reports of the culture and like just like again, everybody, they're feeling kind of weird. It's just you hear Barrathon right now and you're not thinking about excitement even like, you know, I always thought that this game was probably gonna do well because it's a bungeee and shooting in a bungee game feels so good. Even that isn't really giving it much juice. People are like, yeah, I guess, I guess this shooting feels good, but you're not doing a ton of it. It doesn't feel as good as maybe you would hope for a Bungee game. It seems like we're maybe maybe over acting, we kind of maybe are approaching a disaster here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I I like the art style and I've really liked, you know, the feel of Bungee games and you know, from Halo to Destiny and everything. But like when I see it's PvP, it's like, well, I'm just not interested, you know, like I'll try it, but like I I am not interested.
Speaker 5: It's even over played, you know.
Speaker 6: It's even a weird PvP thing because this was the first time I played an instraction shooter when I did it, so I don't know. I guess I thought they would be more fun. But I'm just running around weird picking junk up, fighting a lot of kind of easy battles against computer opponents, and there'd mayby be one team fight and around you know, then that's going to go. However that's gonna go, and then it's over and I'm supposed to do it again, and I just you know, did not get the loop.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's I'm trying to think of which ones I've actually played, and like XO Primal was one, right, No, no, it's not okay, then what.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's an extraction what extraction shooter?
Speaker 4: Darkov?
Speaker 2: Did you probably have not played an extraction shooter? Did you play what was the call of Duty? One called?
Speaker 5: Was that the DMZ mode?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I tried that one or twice. It's like I don't enjoy this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be the one. You probably haven't played.
Speaker 6: A Hunter? What's the what's that called.
Speaker 5: Hunter the Reckoning?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, but I was legit getting that set up on my fucking Parsec machine the other day so that we could play Hunter the Reckoning.
Speaker 6: What the hell? Showdown? Hunt Showdown?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the one. So those are like the big ones that in Tarkoff, so you probably not probably have not played those. There was one other thing, uh, a former artist. I think I think they worked as an artist, at least they claimed to be on social media with saying things like as a former Bunge employee who's worked on Marathon. I feel for those still at the studio, but working with engineering and Marathon leadership was extremely toxic and humiliating. I won't speak about the rest, but Bungee leadership needs to be gutted completely. It's like, you know, can we corroborate exactly what this person is saying. Not necessarily, but this is the conversation that is happening around this game instead of hey, what at that marathon? So it's just a huge uphill climb per a game that just cannot afford to have an uphill climb. Everything has to be going in its way for Bungeie to kind of keep operating as it is, And this does not feel like that.
Speaker 1: Does happen going free to play at launch help it at all?
Speaker 6: It won't help, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little bit, but maybe, but like it's you know, it just sounds like as an extraction shooter, that would be a hard thing to pull off.
Speaker 6: So in gosh, I forget where I saw this I saw floating around there. Maybe this isn't true at all, Like, but for Marathon to because consider a success has to be one of the top five best selling games of the year or something like that, and like, ooh, I don't know about that, Like that.
Speaker 2: Feels like a tough thing to pull off.
Speaker 1: Correct me, please, there's absolutely no single player You're constantly dropping in a squad free right.
Speaker 6: Right right and thing where it's like maybe when they green lit this game, at the time, it made sense because it seemed like an extraction shooter was just gonna be like a Fortnite thing where the Battle risers are taken off and there's gonna maybe be five of those that make a lot of money. So let's be one of the extraction shooters that makes a lot of money. And maybe that pool is even smaller than that Battle Royal pool was. And you're also still coming at it too late. Boy, what happens at this game doesn't do well. It's not like they could just pivot and make a Destiny three because that is going to be such a hard thing to do. This is the.
Speaker 4: Pivot, Like, this is it this system pivot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this is that we're in the moment of the pivot right because Bungee is also pulled away from doing Destiny updates the way it was doing for Destiny to it pivoted that away from that, and that they're doing more frequent ones frequent ones, but they're smaller, so overall there's less content. They're trying to like still make it feel like it's alive, and that's something that they're maybe they're pulling off, pulling that off. Maybe they're not, but it's not like turning destiny to and some into some big thing again and then it's like, Okay, well, while we're doing that, let's get marathon ready and that'll kind of pick up the torch and carry us forward. The reality is, what I've heard is if these two things do not do as well as they possibly can, for bungee bungees in a lot of trouble and what exactly that means. I mean, I think thanks Sony PlayStation Studios, maybe kind of brings it more into the fold and takes it over completely in some ways, which I don't know. Maybe long term that could help. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing now real quick grub. I didn't realize that Arc Raiders was made by the same team or similar team as the folks that made the finals, And now I'm even more interested in it. Yeah, well, yeah, that's embark.
Speaker 2: I can't yes, embark, but I can't remember the guy. He was the former chief technology officer at EA. He came up through dice and was I think he's like primarily one of the people primarily responsible for the Frostbite engine, and he's the guy that made the choice that all EA games have to use the Frostbite engines. They own that engine. So it's very funny that he got to leave and go work and make a game in the unreal engine and I got stuck with his decision. But yes, so that like there's a lot of like strong like technology, likenology, technological background at that studio because it's a lot of like former die Swedish devs that just know that technology backward and forward so their games look cool and can play really good. I'm excited to check out arc Raders myself.
Speaker 1: The finals had one of the best grappling hooks.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Yeah, all right. Sticking with PlayStation for a couple more stories here. Neil Druckman is working on a second unannounced game at Naughty Dog. Okay, buddy, yeah, well exactly. Neil Truckman revealed he is working on a second unannounced project on Naughty Dog in addition to Intergalactic, confirming the studio is developing multiple games despite past struggles with managing multiple large scale projects simultaneously. Naughty Dog now has several directors on Intergalactic, and Druckman is taking a producer role on another game. Basically, he just said that he's going to be mentoring and producing on this one. He's kind of, you know the way Miamoto kind of oversees Zelda still from like way far away, No miam Moto, but he's definitely trying to take that role, and that lines up with what I've you know, kind of expected and kind of heard from him. The way he's talking to me, he sounds like he does not have another long term game that he is fully responsible for directing in him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he's like, you know, how quick you can make a season of prestige television?
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I think he's got a taste of that, and he's like, this pays really well and it was way easier, and like when I mess things up, there isn't like a concerted effort of people trying to track me down. They just go complain on message boards over there. So it's got to look pretty appealing.
Speaker 6: But they says probably last of Us part three, because if he's not directing that, they definitely have to attach his name to it, and they definitely have to get kind of going on that by now, right.
Speaker 2: I I think it's uncharted.
Speaker 6: I would.
Speaker 5: Or something new, Yeah, do you think me?
Speaker 6: Jack?
Speaker 4: And Daxter again, Jan, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I said?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, this is the real world, you know. Nuts, I think it's.
Speaker 2: A charted because like that would be one where it's like sure, I can like oversee some other people actually making that game. Uh. There was also that time when Uncharted was maybe gonna get taken over by another studio PlayStation and and then Naughty Dog stepped in by no, thanks, we want to do that. So there is still some desire to have Uncharted be overseen by Naughty Dog, and this would make this would sounds like the way to do it to me.
Speaker 6: But I don't know. I guess. Have any of y'all been watching the newest season of the Last of Us show?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't watched any season neither of I can't do it. I can't watch it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people love it, but I just I can't do it.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I've just noticed a very vast difference in opinions versus games media people and then just like general media people.
Speaker 2: Covering reacting because I'm curious people and.
Speaker 1: Like you know that just normally only cover game not games, movies, TV shows and stuff. They're all very positive on it. They like it a lot, while a lot of people in games media are like kind of very down on it.
Speaker 2: Right, It's what it's probably like the people who have like played those games versus that haven't. You think that's what that is?
Speaker 6: Well, you going to assume that's what it might be.
Speaker 4: Man, I know some people doing some fucked up timeline with this stuff. Man, They're they're like, well, I played the first one, I watched the second season, then I'm going to go back and play the second game. And I'm like, hey, whatever you do, you little I'm not going to tell you anything. But but so Jane, you're saying, you notice that like games media people are less hot on it, is what you're saying, more critical?
Speaker 1: Yeah, more more critical and yeah yeah picking it?
Speaker 2: Are they like?
Speaker 4: Is it is it a criticism that like.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 4: Now you go it is the criticism more like, oh, it is from the scale of like a prestige television show, or is it a failure to adapt to their liking? Like what is exactly the criticism coming from.
Speaker 1: I think it's more so the latter in that it's like a failure to adapt the existing source material. And I mean, like Gang, you know, we it's completely different timelines where you can only cover so much in a seven and eight season of a show versus like a thirty forty hour game. So I don't know if it's a game of trying to please too many masters or perhaps games media people may not like TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely like, yeah, there's some nitpicking that probably that is probably just happening because the people have an idea of the way it should go. It's like what happened like Lord of the Rings? Right, there are some people who are like, no, this isn't my Lord of the Ring.
Speaker 6: Where's Tom Bombadel?
Speaker 2: Yes, everyone just watched the rehearsal. Just watch that.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure. But I've not met a Normie who has seen the Last the US on HBO and been like like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just love it.
Speaker 4: Universal acclaim from the normies, you.
Speaker 2: Know, but the Normans like, we're still halfway through season two, right, season two over.
Speaker 1: One episode left, Yeah, that happens right away.
Speaker 5: What do you mean the thing thing like from two the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, we know what the thing is.
Speaker 5: The thing Okay, I know they got there in the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it happened pretty early in the game.
Speaker 5: Dan, remember, oh, they're in game two.
Speaker 4: Now people people could I mean to see people pop from that from only absorbing the narrative through the TV show has been very enjoyable.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that the TV the normies that are watching the TV show are any less toxic thing beneath you.
Speaker 4: Beneath no, no, no, no, no, they're not even people.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is when the Last of Us two came out and then the thing happened, and then the internet was digesting the character of Abby from the Last of Us Part two, there was nothing but vitual and venom for what felt like years, even though it was like a couple months of discourse. Here the thing happens and everyone's.
Speaker 2: Like, man, I really like Caitlin Deaver. She's great.
Speaker 5: Oh so there's not the backlash against it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the game is very mad about that is, but like it's more so people are like, oh, I'm sad that actors may not come back.
Speaker 5: Oh sure, yeah, a reasonable.
Speaker 2: You don't have to play as the woman, like when it like that's that's the difference there in the video game, they're like.
Speaker 6: Oh, I have to play as a girl.
Speaker 5: Now, I also had to do that in the first game, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, without looking what year was uncharged for?
Speaker 3: Go oh wait, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 6: I know because it was the year over Watch came out.
Speaker 4: What sixteen?
Speaker 6: Then the year Overwatch came out? And I was very conflicted because I like both those games a lot, and I had to pick a game of the year Beauty.
Speaker 2: For this website.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it's almost ten years. That is why insane.
Speaker 6: Because that game still looks oh I reviewed it.
Speaker 4: I give it five almost nine years to the day. Almost nine years to the day. That is Banana.
Speaker 6: I always say it's underrated. Somehow, I think I'll try to agree it's really good.
Speaker 2: I maintained twenty sixteen is the year that video game graphics ended. Like that is the year. Yeah, It's the year where it's like, it doesn't need to be any better than this, and all the developers are like, yeah, we agreed, because if it gets better than this, it's just going to be more expensive and that's it. That's the only difference.
Speaker 5: Was this the one that Jeff Keeley took Kanye West to play?
Speaker 2: I think it was, I don't. I don't remember that all is that where he blamed Georgia Bush for killing black people, No, that's Hurricane.
Speaker 3: So this is the E three where everyone found out Khiey was taking Kanye around and took him into the Sony thing. And so once that got tweeted out outside because it was right across from our war room, and every fucking games media person on the planet crowded around outside the Sony room to see Kanye West and Jeff Keeley.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixteen might have been the only year that Kanye West should have ended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, and he did in a lot of ways. All right, Jade Raymond has left Haven Studios, the PlayStation know in studio that she founded. They were making fair games that once had a dollar sign at the end of its word. Now they've changed that to just an.
Speaker 4: S smart because they're cowards.
Speaker 2: Don't believe what they're doing over there. So we don't really know exactly what happened here, but there is a bit of a timeline that has caused some speculation. Uh, this game had some like external tests done in recent weeks, and then she left the studio a few weeks later. Okay, so people are trying to put two and two together there. It's like, maybe Sony's not happy with this game that you know it bought the studio for and maybe she's leaving because she's like, Okay, well you do want different leadership here you go. Jade Raymond is you know she worked at Stadia, never shipped a game there. She has not shipped a game since, like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or something like that.
Speaker 3: She she came to Game Informer back then she was with splinter Cell Conviction. So I don't know if she was actually just kind of representing.
Speaker 2: In some ways. Yeah, totally so, Yeah, this is just weird. But like fair Games, what do we think the fate of that is?
Speaker 6: Boy, we're not sure about Marathon. Look, and these games can somehow be a big surprise hit if they come out and people really fall in love with them. There they are actually good games all that stuff. Fair game seems to have a lot going against it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess do you guys have? Like when I say fair Games, does anything come to mind you? Like, see any screenshots or game play?
Speaker 6: It reminds me for some reason, I keep thinking of Radical Heights every time. That's what.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look like Radical heights, but it is what I think when I hear fair Games.
Speaker 6: It's the dollar sign. It's the dollar side, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Little law Breakers was okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Right, Lawbreakers?
Speaker 2: Wow, you should study Lawbreakers and plait on.
Speaker 1: Why did Sony think he was a good idea to make like three or four of the same game.
Speaker 6: Well that was their ow strategy now, because you know, for a while, the strategy was a Chartered two is a big hit, Let's just kind of make all of our games like that. And that works for a while, but those games keep getting more and more expensive to make, and the returns aren't that great and all the real money was being made by Fortnite. So the strategy was, now, let's just make a lot of life service games and then some of those are gonna hit and that's going to pay for everything else. And it seems I got bad idea. But at the start Health Divers two came out, it was a pretty big hit. It's like, okay, here we go. And then Concord was such a flop that it like undid the good will of Health Divers two and then some and you know, and then the stuff's getting canceled, like the last of US factions. So you know, desperate for money is why they're doing it. And it was just kind of a shotgun blast. Let's see which of these hit. But the bullets seem like duds in the chamber right now.
Speaker 4: Isn't it just insane? And I feel like everyone sort of knows this but maybe doesn't say it out loud, where like these three to seven ten year roadmap decisions get made at a time where like you can't make that decision because you don't know what is going to happen next month, let alone the next decade.
Speaker 3: So like I would normally agree, but I disagree in the case of the next news story, which I'm fine waiting for.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, like an individual developers case, it's not such a problem. Like so when hideo Kojimas says his next espionage game isn't is five to six years away, It's like, yeah, yeah, that probably should make another one of those. And this is his Like I'm very much going back in metal game and.
Speaker 4: That's not the business I'm describing.
Speaker 2: I'm just sure about Jim Jim Ryan in charge of PlayStation exactly. Look, look, going to all of his heads of departments at SAE, let's come up with a plan for what the future PlayStation is going to be. So we can grow it beyond where we are. Right, You're like, okay, well, let's keep everything that we have the way it is. The new strategy is, well, this trend of live service games looks like it's really good. Let's throw everything into that. And then by the time they execute on it, here we are five to seven years later, and it looks absurd, it looks completely and it's like, that's gaming's biggest problem right now is well, there's a lot of big problems, but one of its biggest problems right now is it's really hard to plan for the future because we are a fickle audience. It does tend to spend a lot of money, but there's no guarantee that you're gonna be able to capture that even if you put all of your best efforts into it and make a good game, like say a.
Speaker 1: Concord no no, you please please.
Speaker 6: And meanwhile, like the games that actually are hits is the French inspired by j RPG's turn based game with single player.
Speaker 4: Right, but which one was in sept that I'm sure was like, oh we got a gamble here. There's a risk here, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like those those people that were sick of doing stuff like we're describing it, you'd be soft.
Speaker 4: It's impossible. It takes too long to make a game.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: People will be like, well, why doesn't other you know, like movies and TV have the same issue because you can do that so much quicker, And there's a there's a differentult the aspect of games, right where it's like.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's software plus art, right, Like you have to have those things and that makes it a little bit more challenging. Then let's just tell a good story and if we tell a good story, we'll be all right. Like you tell a good story in games, you have to do a lot of other things right as well.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask, has there been any consideration, uh on if any of these games are fun to play?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, I don't know. I think that they are putting there's a lot of things they're trying to consider. I'm sure that's one thing that a lot of people working on those games.
Speaker 4: Do care deeply about ours. Yeah, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, there may be is an equal emphasis put on, hey, what's the business model? And maybe that's a distraction. Maybe that's a problem.
Speaker 1: I kind of wanted to take all of you and police lineup style play, the trailers without any logos or Concord Air games, what was that Uvisoft.
Speaker 6: Or the other one?
Speaker 5: Watchdogs too, and.
Speaker 2: Skin trailers, but like five second clips from these things where it's like we should be able to know if this was like you.
Speaker 4: Would be a good thing.
Speaker 3: Concord would be because it's all like crazy aliens and stuff. But if you showed just like a clip of gameplay, I might not know.
Speaker 1: I might sneak in some Zutopia in there, guys.
Speaker 6: Okay, just for is it the newest colony scene? What from Utopia the Net?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a newist colony in Utopia. The animals don't wear clothes in that one.
Speaker 6: Either way.
Speaker 2: Physics coming out in five to six years according according to Hideo coaching. But he's done pretty good job at like sticking to around that time frame for his games now. I mean, you know what, we don't have a large sample side between dest Ranting and Destranding two, but five to six years seems to be something he can stay.
Speaker 3: I mean, the middle years tended to be about three years of party is like ninety eight oh one, oh four and eight and then a bigger gap for five, but yeah, des Stranding is is a bit more spaced out.
Speaker 6: How much of a real game is his Xbox weird no idea?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. There was a leaked thing a while ago of just like.
Speaker 2: And it looked like you were just selecting options.
Speaker 3: No, there was a remember that leak like iPad thing where there's like in the reflection you could see like some dude in his boxers like watching this and it was like Margaret Qualley walking around with a flashlight and it was like clearly like a survival war.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: That leaked and that was out there for a little bit and it looked like a real like survival horror type thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well maybe it's a real game. He's making that as well. That that's got to come out between now and Physian though, So.
Speaker 5: I want him to keep making games.
Speaker 2: I like. I like his games. That's yeah, like you. As part of this, he talked about like, hey, would you ever do a movie? He's like, yeah, maybe someday I would direct a move movie. It's like, clearly he's still just focused on.
Speaker 6: A movie that he says would be like an homage to cinema would be. Mike really liked that.
Speaker 3: Where he was like on the Columbia set and like he's like, oh, I'm gonna bring in cinematic elements to my game.
Speaker 6: Really. Yeah, he's talking about his note his notebook full of ideas that he's going to give to a studio USB siges so that they could do nothing but make his ideas because no one else has ideas. He has the best the.
Speaker 2: USB stick with game ideas that he's gonna give to a studio after he dies because he doesn't want coaching but productions to fall into disrepair without his big brain. Again, Mike, like that, Mike, did you not see the next the last story there was one happened between that will go back around.
Speaker 6: Made he sucks a little bits. These games are good. He sucks in a way that I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know I want to get on board with this, Mike. I think it's about time that you and I colluded on something. Yeah, really like the always Sonny bunch And now we have to like go against the other people here.
Speaker 3: But it's a five vote system now, so Jam's gonna come down to you saying whether or not he sucks a.
Speaker 6: Little bit, just a little bit.
Speaker 4: We cannot vote on opinions. Number one, We're not canceling him. I'm just canceling him.
Speaker 6: But I'm Mike to the way that I want people to suck again.
Speaker 4: I understand j I can tell it's a coward's way out number one. Number two, Like, yeah, Mike, I'm with you. There is something inherently kind of annoying about him.
Speaker 6: It's a good annoying. It's it was cute for a long time, and it's sometimes it wasn't cute, Like, but the whole quiet has to be naked because she's a plant thing right now.
Speaker 4: You lost me. I don't even know what the fucks.
Speaker 5: You're ashamed of your words indeeds exactly.
Speaker 6: So it's just sometimes sometimes he kind of sucks, and I just think.
Speaker 4: You two games would be worse without.
Speaker 6: He could keep making games that they're probably gonna be good, but we don't. He doesn't have to come out and like step and Ship and showed our face and we all have to be like this is great. It couldn't.
Speaker 5: It would be obnoxious.
Speaker 1: But I wanted I wanted to hear more of Backlar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the irony of of Mike. You know saying we shouldn't worship false idols. Yeah, he prays to the mouse, does he not? Which is which is an inherently contradictory sort of philosophy that you maintain. So you'll have to just deal with that on your own time. Yeah, I'm with you, Like, look, could you with I agree with what you said, Grub. Without him, games will be a much worse place, a much less weird place. The thing I like about him the most is that everything is just so weird and the fact that the weirdness has as permeated mainstream gaming in such a way, like I think a lot of that uh is to be celebrated. At the same time, this whole, like I am, video games is very annoying.
Speaker 1: And I don't like Okay, all right, all right, here's here's a reach here, and this is where I stand on the on the subject of Kojima. I think Kojima is the Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: Of video games.
Speaker 1: I get, yes, I get go on, I want you to where he is annoying and like there are things of like Okay, yeah, we get it. You stand for cinema, you stand for this is movies. Yes, yes, that's true. I would argue Tom Cruise is more movies than Kajima is more video.
Speaker 6: We're getting. We're getting the other thing recently where he like he like was talking about how great the early reviews, like the internal reviews for Destranting two are. It was like bemoaning it, like, I feel like I maybe failed as a creator because too many people like this. And I'm gonna go in on a world tour promoting the game so everyone can tell me how great I am.
Speaker 4: Mike, Mike, don't you see this is the best thing you have to offer.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 6: I'm eating this up.
Speaker 4: I'm subscribing. I'm gonna gone slash joint. This is amazing for you.
Speaker 2: I was so excited when I got to tell him, Mike the sentence he said about his movie was going to be an homage to cinema because I knew it was just like, yeah, that's because it's for him.
Speaker 4: No one should gaze their navel in a way I.
Speaker 6: Feel like would say that, yeah.
Speaker 4: There's Tarantino syndrome all over my man. For sure, it.
Speaker 2: Would be like a parody of Tarantino.
Speaker 6: Yes, what.
Speaker 5: More than I like Tarantino and I like Tarantino, I.
Speaker 6: Think the Tarantino. Comparison is great because Tarantino makes a lot of very good stuff, and I also think he kind of sucks.
Speaker 3: A lot, seems way more unsufferable than Kama. Like if I was in a room with Tarantino, I'd probably be so annoyed so quickly, uh with it's.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, hell, yeah, that's Kajima.
Speaker 1: Is this blasphemous to be like, you know what, it's such a stupid analogy. Okay, Anyway, this is to say that, like it was in the room with them, I don't understand everything Kojima does, but I'll let him cook in the same way that I don't understand everything David Lynch did, and I'll let him cook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's the service to David Lynch. I think David Lynch fucking more.
Speaker 6: Hardima would love that you just compared with David.
Speaker 2: For sure, that's definitely what he's going for.
Speaker 4: I think, like for me, you know, four hour cutscenes and all, like the navel gazing is just too much. It's too much to bear. I just can't do it. I I I don't want to travel that far inside of anyone's asshole, and I want to you know, rub up on the surface.
Speaker 1: You know, who else is getting up there other than like Kojima Druckman maybe, but like.
Speaker 4: Very yeah, it surface though.
Speaker 6: I mean I think we crave, we do kind of crave these idols for lack of a better word, for sure, right, you know, we have me a motto and that's one of for sure, and like we have people who are desperate to have that themselves, kind of like a Randy Pittsford, right, and it's just it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Who also has usb sticks?
Speaker 6: Nice, good job, give me, give me, give me a Sam Lake, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, talk about a nice fucking guy.
Speaker 2: That's the ideal, right, this guy that clearly does have the chops, and then it's also just nice and fun and has a sense of humor about himself, clearly always taking those pictures with him and the coffee and he's like, yes, I really like twin Peaks. I'm not gonna hide it here it is. I was trying to make stuff like that. It's like, yeah, this this is a down to earth guy.
Speaker 1: I love that Sam Lake just shows up everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah the best, He's the best, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh spin from Larry and also a good call out cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's only gonna become more and more of a name, Like, right, I bet that they're going to really cook with whatever that follow up to Borderskate three is.
Speaker 2: And then Jack Stinch says Tommy tall Rico, of course.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that, bitch.
Speaker 6: What's happening? So funny?
Speaker 3: Why am I?
Speaker 2: In Justice three could be in development? According to a Multiverse data minor, probably this is a nether Realm has done two Mortal Kombats in a row for a while there they were alternating, so they probably retreat back to Injustice three, Let Mortal Kombats sit on the side for a little bit a little bit, and then go back to Mortal Rabbat. That just kind of lines up.
Speaker 6: Wortal Kombat one I think did well, but right there was kind of like almost infinite growth of Mortal Kombat where they kept getting bigger for a while and eleven did really really well, yes, and then it plateau and it plateaued a bit with one, and some of the decisions they made they weren't super well received by people. So yeah, like, we don't need to jump right back into Mortal Kombat again, go ahead do with Justice. Those games were very popular. It's it's it's kind of been a surprising long amount of time because again they did do two Mortal Kombats in a row. One wasn't Justice.
Speaker 2: Too twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: I always it's so bummed both times the announced Injustices because it's like, oh, that means it's gonna be so long for Mortal Combat and I don't care about Injustice.
Speaker 2: Well you got two in a row, now, so there you go.
Speaker 1: Take three, one for me, one for you.
Speaker 2: All right, that does it for the headlines. Jan the show's back over to you.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go take a quick pricky break and we will be back with some e E merles right after this. These are the emails or emails BombCast giant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails too, And now I can read them again.
Speaker 6: So thank you for all of that.
Speaker 1: Uh random shouts out to Chuck Toowski just just cuz here's here's like, uh, you know, Chuck, here's thirty five podcast points.
Speaker 5: I fuck with Chuck, WHOA don't make the shirt.
Speaker 6: That's what.
Speaker 4: That's we were paying in with podcast points.
Speaker 2: That works. I mean, that's so all we're getting all of us are getting paid in those for now.
Speaker 6: And yeah dollars in a while, as well as the cost ever sponsored the gathering of the Juggalos because they could do magic the Gathering of the Juggalos.
Speaker 1: Nice actually diagram there. Yeah, I'll get in touch with someone. Maybe we can make that happen. Will you go to the gathering then.
Speaker 5: Mike, have you done research on the gathering?
Speaker 6: I haven't done research yet.
Speaker 2: You said you were going to research.
Speaker 6: Nice so, like, so you guys were doing this running gag for a while and the part of me is like, I need to put my foot down. This is like a start of a new relationship with us, and I got to make it clear, like you know, if I say no, that means though, that's kind of right, and the like before you athing even happened, Dan very Sincere was like, oh, Michael, if you really don't want to do it, it's fine, I'll drop it. And I was like, yeah, I don't want to. Yeah, me and Jeff might still go, though I was like immediately not without me, but I know you're somewhat interested. I would implore you to look it up.
Speaker 3: And I watch several videos of people that like don't know Jugglo stuff that showed up and what's this all about? And it's like everyone's super welcoming and nice and everything, like, yeah, it's gonna be a crazy environment, research interesting and nice.
Speaker 2: Everyone send your positive Juggalo stories and video clips to Mike Mona.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be wrestling there.
Speaker 5: I know Willie Mack he'll protect us, you know.
Speaker 3: Like, uh, it's like a three or four hour drive from I Google mapped it already.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we can just hop in the minivan and just go out.
Speaker 5: And stream the drive out to the gathering.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, Okay, Mike Tyson run in.
Speaker 1: So I fly to grubs House and then we take a road trip.
Speaker 5: Got yeah, exactly, So we fly to Cleveland and then we go to the gathering.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, okay, yeah, Like.
Speaker 3: I feel like Backler's is not even acknowledging when we talk about this.
Speaker 6: Anything.
Speaker 2: What the honestly, Backler, can we put like some incentive on one of these things where if we reach a certain threshold, you have to go to the juggle.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, there's I'm just being is this Dracula at the moment?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's what it is, all right, we'll pretending.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretending.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 4: I've got wordle up on my fucking huh what what is this?
Speaker 6: No, So, me and.
Speaker 5: Jan are gonna fly out to Cleveland.
Speaker 3: We're all gonna do a road trip down to the gathering in the jugg loos and we will do a hell of a like a feature length maybe uh the documentary travelogue of us at the gathering Josh Cinema.
Speaker 5: Yeah, m quanchie.
Speaker 3: So we'll have the Quantchi makeup, grub will be uh, we'll fext thing and I'll just be straight up Juggalo and we will infiltrate the gathering of the Juggalos. We'll do the bomb cast from there. We'll do voicemail, dump truck live. We'll just have Juggalos ask us questions.
Speaker 2: So like we will.
Speaker 3: We're not taking a week off. We're doing giant bomb from the gathering.
Speaker 2: To be determined. We need three votes backlar So.
Speaker 4: No, we need a lot. We need thousands and thousands of dollars.
Speaker 6: It's not his problem anymore, it's all of our problems.
Speaker 2: We got the votes.
Speaker 4: We could probably if we could do that, we got the That bit sucks.
Speaker 2: I love that sucks. We can get a sponsorship from Fago. Do we think that bit sucks.
Speaker 5: Let's vote that bit sucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I vote the bit sucks. Yeah. I don't know, Like I've only seen the gathering through the lens of like very disappointing and upsetting documentaries. Sure, and I just feel like I.
Speaker 6: Don't know, likevice correct the record.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like weis went there one year and was like, oh buddy, you you ain't seen nothing yet.
Speaker 3: Let's run a chat poll if it came down to, hey, we are either going to games Com or the gathering the Juggalos with our audience that we serve prefer because we listened to you folks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want to send you Dan by yourself.
Speaker 5: Well, I need to do a film.
Speaker 2: I got to end the last poll. The last poll, by the way, is who is pooping? That was from the first break. Fifteen percent said back of our, three percent said back of our, four percent said back of oar, and seventy seven percent said back to up alarm.
Speaker 4: Wait, you only made me the answer.
Speaker 6: Well you're going a while you're just wondering.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, no I wasn't, don't I don't poop? Afternoon, Everyone, knows that.
Speaker 3: If anyone from the Juggalos is watching, we'll do the dump truck on the stage. We will do it on stage at the gathering. Giant, I'm at the gathering.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you booked us. Uh yeah, I mean Jan, you would go see here's the thing is, would have would have? What a confident yet No, no, no, no, here's the thing is.
Speaker 1: Like I love how we're asking for like Mike if he's okay with it, and then it's just as assumption like that, I'm just going.
Speaker 2: Jane's game for shit.
Speaker 5: We've established the mic as a travel baby. Janna's game.
Speaker 6: I think I'm just game for shit because it's the only option. Sometimes you have agency here.
Speaker 2: Now, don't change things then say no, Jan.
Speaker 5: Jan, I went to tailgating and Philly with you and it was a delight.
Speaker 2: We gotta have.
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 4: Well that's actually not that.
Speaker 6: Do Juggles eat food, copples, nothing, but it's something but photo cakes. Oh man.
Speaker 2: The gatherings out to an early largely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, we're listening to the growing run it.
Speaker 6: I don't switch. Twitch will have our back. Twitch is a games Com crowd.
Speaker 3: VGC will cover games Com you'll get the news. We need to go talk to clowns.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mike, if it helps, I can send you a video where at the uh twenty second mark there's something that appeals to you.
Speaker 6: Is it a Mickey Mounse.
Speaker 4: No, Mickey Mounse, it's not a Mega man I will if there is, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: If we can.
Speaker 1: Convince the Juggalos to let Mike perform the gamer wrap, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I do have one degree of separation from the actual insane clown posse.
Speaker 5: I could talk to Willie Mack.
Speaker 2: You you could get in contact with the violent Jay.
Speaker 5: Insane clowns.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing, It's like, the trip that really matters to me that I need to do is to see the penguin Tolkoto at the El Paso Zoo.
Speaker 2: Got absolutely go with you to that, So like, I.
Speaker 6: Got to make sure that happens, and I'll pay my own way to go to this fucking zoo to see my penguin child that I'm very excited about. I can post pictures of it. And now, by the way, I think it's kind of clear book of health. Yes, yes, Tolkoto the penguin Penguin's rule too. I'm so happy it's a penguin that's been named after me.
Speaker 2: Well, think about how many little jug lets could be named to.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I'm a little concerned that I don't see as many brown people. But I guess a lot of people are wearing makeup, so I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is. I had a brown friend that was into the into ICP. That's the first person I know who's in ICP.
Speaker 6: His name is my tune.
Speaker 5: Okay, introduce to I'm looking up who's playing at Okay?
Speaker 2: So oh?
Speaker 3: The only ones thatnounced so far for the legendary stage are the insane clown Posse.
Speaker 4: Oh they're they're gonna be there.
Speaker 3: And uh Uigi Mac He's a magician. Some call him a magician, others call him it's a speaks from the world beyond. Oh my god. Okay, we maximum's crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't know, guys, maybe in my twenties.
Speaker 3: This is no, you're like twenty nine, right, come on, this is too goddamn, but we have to do it.
Speaker 6: I think talking about it is way funnier than it will be more.
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 3: God, it's in Ohio. Here's Beckler what are your thoughts business, Dracula?
Speaker 4: I mean you know what I think.
Speaker 2: Are you pro this?
Speaker 6: No? In no way?
Speaker 4: No, you pro this like impossible, like be good for our website. I think if you want to go, I think i'd watch it.
Speaker 3: At least give me a jan. And also it's in Ohio, so they're already right there.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go right there.
Speaker 2: We have the votes. A three hour drive for someone in Ohio's nothing.
Speaker 6: We do that.
Speaker 4: So Mike grub Jan and Dan me.
Speaker 5: Fly we do all the fucking week's content from there.
Speaker 6: You could do it quickly a second. I'll just back up a bit a week. How do you think we're gonna are the days?
Speaker 5: I actually don't know what the day a week?
Speaker 6: Hell up, we'll go for a day for a day.
Speaker 5: How about what is up yours timeline?
Speaker 2: And afternoon? Maybe day for a week in August thirteenth.
Speaker 3: It's August thirteenth to August seventeenth. So one night staying on like the Juggalo campus or whatever, like an attent campus. Yes for me, we'd I will stay in a tent. We will befriend Juggalos and stay in their tents.
Speaker 6: I won't absolutely anniversary they're tens. It's a circus.
Speaker 5: We will find one.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm I'm grub you.
Speaker 2: First, I got a Google Juggalo campus and the first thing was a Reddit post. Have any Juggalos attended college.
Speaker 6: Cloud College.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say this, based off of the parts of the Internet that we all appeal to, I feel like we'd be some high rollers over there.
Speaker 2: I think I think we'd be welcome with open all.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can legit reach out to them and see if they want to have us do like a life stam the clowns.
Speaker 6: We're about this like, it's like, think about it. You could do an acoustic version of Sending the Kwans.
Speaker 4: Why why can't we go to hell Fest? Why is that not a thing? Because this is way funny here, that's true.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: These are the emails for the show.
Speaker 5: You just have to see the vision. I promise it'll be good.
Speaker 4: Oh I see the vision. I just don't want to put on the glass.
Speaker 6: He hates the vision, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Fargo fun Well, we'll go nuts to the game.
Speaker 4: This is not Fargo, buddy, This is a whole different.
Speaker 2: Not Fargo.
Speaker 4: It's very good, John, Mike, I heard it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, yeah, you know what I'll go Yes, yes, it's happened.
Speaker 2: Can I reach out to the Juggalos?
Speaker 3: You can reach out to the jug Remind me reach out Insane clown.
Speaker 2: Posse email The Insane Clown Possy is a very fun idea.
Speaker 4: Will I don't know what you're expecting to hear back?
Speaker 2: What if they want us to do?
Speaker 5: Like they don't even have a lot of announced accents.
Speaker 3: If they do comedians, I do like, like, let's see if they went on ABS do the Boyemame Dump Truck Live?
Speaker 5: Oh no, with Q and a style of Juggalos.
Speaker 2: Our second lost episode.
Speaker 4: I think that's the kind of news we don't want to be making them all.
Speaker 6: Right, right?
Speaker 1: Mail comes from Tonka uh good afternoon, Dudeer's tonker Toy from Gloucester, England. Here to say our annual cheese rolling Festival is upon us this coming Monday. YouTube it and was wondering if Dan likes cheese so much, would he chase a wheel of double Gloucester down a steep hill. I show speed entered last year and it ended up.
Speaker 2: In the hospital.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Also, is there any weird annual traditions in your area which you could partake in many thanks, love you long time.
Speaker 2: The Uh.
Speaker 3: No, I would just buy cheese at the store like a normal person. Okay, you wouldn't roll after it.
Speaker 5: No, it's dangerous.
Speaker 6: This is like what I want to do. I'll go to the cheese festival, not the I'll do that too. The juggle Let me everywhere with Jane camera. I would love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is We're gonna have a budanza of a time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, joint fun to sending me around the world with Jan One of those small towns they have, like you know, like for like the holidays, like Memorial Day, we have parades. But all the parade is is we get all the kids and the like Little League teams to walk together, and then a bunch of like every fire truck in town, Yeah, goes and blares their sirens and like this is a good time.
Speaker 2: This is nice.
Speaker 6: I'm glad we shut down the roads for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we pay taxes for parades, fire truck parades.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: This whole gathering of the Juggalos has taken a long long time. So, uh, we're just gonna breeze through some emails.
Speaker 5: I have an email address for the clowns.
Speaker 6: That was fast.
Speaker 2: I hope we do a voicemail up truck behind the chicken wire from Blues Brothers, just.
Speaker 4: Like, oh boy, that's good.
Speaker 6: What what are they are?
Speaker 5: Smart businessman?
Speaker 3: If you get the ICP VIP experience, if you buy it, you get a VIP experience. Laminated pass an ICP cartoon, amulet an ice, hatchetman cooling towel, and a six inch hatchetman magnet. They're fucking monetizing their magnet.
Speaker 6: Bit yahy say it a six inch magnet?
Speaker 5: I don't know, but it's the magnets. How do they work?
Speaker 2: Thing?
Speaker 5: They've monetized that. Of course these clowns no clowns.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think I introed grubbed this podcast as a clown. And here we are at the gather.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I got more breaking news here. Thursday night. We have to be there at least because there's the Fago Armageddon. It allows you to come on stage during the climactic conclusion of ICP's performance on Thursday night to partake and the childlike euphoria of Fago Armageddon. If you have never experienced the chaotic Fago fueled madness of hundreds upon hundreds of Fago bottles being sprayed in all directions during the finale of ICP Show.
Speaker 5: Here's your chance.
Speaker 3: Each Ninja that purchases the Fago Armageddon will also get a gift bag with a Fago amulet.
Speaker 6: I need a Fago amulet?
Speaker 4: What's the where's ninja?
Speaker 2: Ninja? Okay, all right, just let's.
Speaker 6: Just back away from that one.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it, all right, don't worry.
Speaker 6: They want They may be using the word nina.
Speaker 5: There's a Saturday night too. Okay, so we go to either what are they doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, you figure just connected the dots there, Mike, mikey.
Speaker 1: What if Fago Armageddon is like that one episode of Rescue Rangers where it's all soda ninja.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, wait, there's something going?
Speaker 6: Oh going?
Speaker 2: Is it don't work?
Speaker 6: This is something back? It says jug a little capable of throwing faygo.
Speaker 2: Why why would a what a rapper want to use the word ninja.
Speaker 6: I'm not killing Somebody tell her you got that? Somebody tell you you got.
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: Was like.
Speaker 6: Winning the pool doing something bad, something that.
Speaker 2: I got there.
Speaker 5: I've never actually heard of icy.
Speaker 6: P it's so good.
Speaker 2: They're not the only white rappers that do that.
Speaker 6: A lot of them.
Speaker 2: What's more businessman.
Speaker 6: Emails? Please?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Murray heiso heiso.
Speaker 6: We were doing any more wrestling? Like?
Speaker 4: Is that only wrestling or is that nothing?
Speaker 5: Very that's like Carney Carney wrestling.
Speaker 4: That's clowns again.
Speaker 1: Okay, all these other emails are very serious.
Speaker 3: By bottle Water, they have fresh drinking water at Bottlefield stations.
Speaker 6: That's great. Talk about the Juggalo for a bit, or clowns or fake o.
Speaker 5: So Mike, if you almost die again like a game's calm, the clowns will set you up a.
Speaker 6: Everyone, take a breath and listen to the email. Cool down you're on clown cool down impressions.
Speaker 1: Okay, funny the second and last email of the show because of timing and just the length of all the other emails are very serious. Thank you everyone for the love that you're showing. Let's see the bathroom fabric that looks like a loop is not a loop. It's a long towel kind of like an overhead projector old people know.
Speaker 2: But why does it? Okay, I'm sorry you finished it.
Speaker 1: Imagine you could use a cloth towel in a public bathroom and be confident that it has never been used by another person. That is what the cloth track provide. The long towels removed and washed regularly. If you get to the end of the track, it must it must be reset after removing and watching it. Don't you use your head. Don't be a dan.
Speaker 4: Yeah hey wait, well that tracks? But also where was this? Where was this from?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 6: We talked about this last time because they used to be at like schools, and I saw one recently at a bar and my brother was confused. He just immediately ripped it apart, thinking it was like, you know, hand towels I need to throw away, and then they had to go get normal air dryers.
Speaker 4: So it's just like a comically long towel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess I didn't know that. I thought I thought it was a very short towel that was getting reused constantly.
Speaker 2: But don't you think that there's okay, I guess I thought it was a shorter towel to too. But my assumption now is a lot of places don't actually wash it.
Speaker 6: They just turn it back or whatever.
Speaker 4: When are you the most clean though? After you've washed your hands fair.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, well it depends when some people wash their hands, like what step of the activities you know?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think people are coming in wiping their hands on the tel then washing their hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but someone might not wash their hands but got a little trickle on their fingers and wiped it off on the.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's it's a risk, that's a bathroom yep.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: Well Dan's not talking because all you could think about is don't, don't, don't, don't.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at the fago arm again.
Speaker 6: Let let him do his thing.
Speaker 3: He's fine, he's jan After this goes off the air, can we have a bonus post live thing where we watched the commercial for this year's gathering?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm excited. Well I'll watch it together.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Podcastagiant Bump dot com. It's the email address to send your emails too. We normally read all of your emails, or at least a good chunk of them, but we were sidetracked today.
Speaker 2: But send them in anyway.
Speaker 6: I love them.
Speaker 1: And if you want to shout someone out specifically, I will try and relay that info to the proper parties.
Speaker 3: What do we got going on the rest of this week, Bars, we have hoping to find time to record a demo Derby.
Speaker 2: What the hell is that?
Speaker 3: Yes, hopefully demo Derby going up this week. We got Bailey on the dump truck. We have We're gonna be Mosquitos for upf. There is a asymmetric mister Mosquito like that's coming out called the Mosquito Gang that we're gonna play one versus four on Friday morning.
Speaker 5: Mess What am I missing here?
Speaker 2: Kind of not much shit, Like, we're gonna get a couple more quick looks into the can where there's a bunch of games we want to do those for. So yeah, plenty of stuff happening.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Blake Club, Blake Yeah, Blake Club.
Speaker 2: As we go forward, we'll be doing more fun random stuff like maybe some streams during the day. Right now, we are still figuring a lot of stuff out and kind of figuring out what we can do with the capacity that we have. So look forward to more.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In the meantime, seven O seven Exit flu is the phone number to send your voicemails too. You can I don't know, calling about failure or whatever you want. Perhaps a gang that about wraps it up for the show. If you're watching live, I guess stay tuned because we'll go watch the gathering of the Juggle video. Yes, but until then, Gang, he's been Mike. He's been Dan, he's been Jeff. He's been Jeff. I've been Dan and you went home. Trypop dot com slash Join help us out. We're independent. We need the moneies.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 3: Coffee dot Com slash time Bomb, co Fi whatever, just.
Speaker 6: Oh dash Fi okay, Oh dash Fi dot Com slash Giant Bomb. Send us to the gathering the post tide by the way, the Games come gathering. Poll. We lost people.
Speaker 5: We start talking about commercial, all right,