Speaker 1: All right, twelve oh eight, welcome in me. And it is the average American in for the great American on this Thursday. I hope you're having a great day wherever you are. Nobody's having the kind of day that Ohio State football coach Ryan Day has had so far. He's signed a seven year deal up in Columbus. He's gonna make twelve and a half million dollars a year, all for winning a national championship. No way that deal gets done. After that, Michigan came back in November. Hey man, live in the moment, get what you can, right. Well, we've seen just at breakdeck pace here in less than three weeks, Trunk forty seven. And I mean it's not one or two things a day, it's six or seven things a day, not the least of which is trying to buy the Gaza Strip. And of course Elon Musk is doing a deep dive into where this country is spending money and how it's wasting money. And for some reason, the Democrats, or at least the more vocal Democrats, have chosen that hill to die on. And it makes you wonder why anytime you have a business that is losing billions of dollars, yet its cash flow is still fairly strong. And that's literally what's going on in this country. We're trillions of dollars with the tea in debt, and yet our cash flow is relatively strong. I mean, half of this country pays income tax to say nothing about what the GDP generates. But the fact of the matter is, anytime you have a situation like that, any auditing company, any accounting company, would come in and do what is known as a deep dive into finances and to find out where this is being spent, why it's being spent, and what you can do so that that money is not being spent frivolously. And apparently there's a lot of money being spent frivolously, and that has the Democrats all up in arms. And it makes one wonder, why can't everybody just look at this country and say, you know what, we all live here, we all breathe the same air, we all drink the same water. Do we really want to be insolvent and at some point the cash cow falls over and goes dead. Why can't people get along and understand there is a goal, and the goal is the common good? You know, I thought about that a lot in the last couple of days, and then I thought about a man by the name of Kennon Spivak, who I have on this show quite a bit. He writes for a number of different outlets, including Real Clear Policy. You see him on a number of national cable shows. And again again, I've had Kennan on before, and then I saw him on a podcast about talking about the very same thing. He has great friends in his life that aren't Democrats. He was a Democrat at one time, and now he is a republican conservative in his voice, but at least open minded to things that might be of beneficial to everybody, Democrats, independence, Republicans. So I wanted to get him on today to talk a little bit about that, how we can't all see the greater good. And so it's my great pleasure to welcome on in here to seven hundred WLW. Kennon Spivac. How are you on this glorious day.
Speaker 2: I'm great, Ken, and I'm really glad to be back.
Speaker 1: Where are you, if anywhere in this world right now.
Speaker 2: Kennon, I am in Palm Beach, where I admit I attended one of my conservative covens, the annual dinner of real clear politics. Uh, but we did this morning talk about getting along with people who don't always agree with us.
Speaker 1: I watched today. I don't know if you saw it. You might have been involved with the shakers and movers that are down there. But I watched today the National Prayer Breakfast, which I had the honor of attending a couple of times when I worked in Washington, DC. And I heard the president President Trump talk just about that, and he cited many members of Congress that were there on both sides of the aisle. It was a more subdued Trump. He can't help himself. He gets off the rails every now and again, but by and large, it was a conversation of look, you don't like a lot of the things I'm doing. I don't like a lot of the things that you're doing. But remember why we're all here. We're trying to do the country's business. And although he can be a cerbic at times, he can be sarcastic at times. I noticed on this podcast, you're from Brooklyn. I'm from the East Coast as well, spent a lot of my youth there. It's a different kind of humor. He is from Queens, New York. It's a different kind of humor that has often misinterpreted. But it just it seemed to me that that's really where this country needs to go. And I think it's fairly evident where this country wants to go in the wake of the November elections, So why can't it go in that direction?
Speaker 2: You know, it really should be able to. One of the things this election proved is that people of all ethnic backgrounds, people of all religions, all thing just came together. And how they voted. Now, by the way, some voted for Harris, some voted for Trump, really didn't see a division along the lines that were accustomed to thinking of those divisions. Now, there was some economic divisions, and there were some education divisions that were a little bit more rigid, but that's not who people are on the day they're born. That's not how people first off identify themselves. And we really ought to be able to see that there is for most people common objectives, and for most people there is more or less an agreement on the facts. And if we can agree on objectives, and if we can agree on facts, even if we continue to disagree on some of the methods and best ways of getting there. We're going to get along a whole lot better.
Speaker 1: Right. In fact, again, I'm not sure the name of the podcast you were on, but you mentioned a great you had a great line, and it's not an original. I think I've heard it before. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not everyone is entitled to their own facts. Facts are facts and they don't change. But people seem to gravitate to these echo chambers that give them affirmation for what they believe, and they seem to reject places where they give them information. And I think that's probably where this uniting of this country needs to begin. Listen to somebody else besides the folks that are telling you what you believe.
Speaker 2: Right Well, first to give credit to the podcast, it was the Conversation on the Immigrant Storyteller Channel, and it was a lot of fun doing that podcast. The quote is from Daniel Patrick moynihan you pointed.
Speaker 3: Out, which is correct.
Speaker 2: I started out as a Democrat. I worked for a New York State assemblyman, and I was ultimately the deputy Press secretary when Daniel Patrick moynihan won his election to the US Senate. And the line that people are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Comes from Daniel Patrick moynihan, a man who work in both for Republican and Democrat administrations, a man who, by today's standard many people would think should be a Republican. What he really was was a centrist, maybe even slightly center right Democrat, except on socialists, where he was clearly a Democrat. And there really are only one set of facts. There are multiple sets of opinions. You can look at the same facts and come to a different conclusion as to the best way of solving things. An example, I gave him a podcast, and I think it's a good example. I don't think there's any questioning the fact that a child who's born in a wealthy, well connected household is going to have more advantages in life than a child bought into born into a blue collar household, even if he's born to two caring parents who believe in his education and believe in his success, let alone, if he's born into a single parent household that they have a drug addicted parent who couldn't care less.
Speaker 3: About the child.
Speaker 2: All of those have a different chance in life. You can either therefore, conclude that the solution is diversity, equity and inclusion and programs based on race and hiring and promoting and contracting with people without regard to meritocracy. Or you can conclude that the best path forward are education program that support programs to allow everyone to achieve their full potential, but without making decisions that ultimately benefit people based on race and disregard their qualifications and experience. I come out of the second camp. I understand that people come out of the first. But whatever camp someone comes out in, we should start by recognizing what the real issues are, what the real facts are, because we disagree about those like people who think that the plight of black people is based on a willful, systemic effort by whites to dominate.
Speaker 3: Over them, which is just not true.
Speaker 2: If we're going to evaluate these things off of wrong beliefs and facts that are in facts, will never get to a common ground.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. And the only word I can think of in the wake of that is trust. And it almost nobody trusts each other, I think, and certainly in Washington, d C. I think you wrote an article I want to say two three weeks ago for real clear politics. Centrist democrats can't get past tds and the left, and you highlight the difference between Democrats and Republicans. Centrist Democrats opposed correspundent district attorneys. Centrist Democrats believe DEI has gone way too far, even though some of that is not necessarily a bad thing. You get into the way Democrats and Republicans view things like Israel, pro choice, pro life, whatever it might be. But it's trust, and you have to when you extend a hand, as we're hoping will happen in Washington at some point in our lifetimes, you have to have the trust that that hand won't be swatted away but embraced in a shake. And it seems like nobody wants to take that first step, and nobody wants to take the trust that what they believe may be some sort of common ground on the other side. How do you get trust if there is no trust?
Speaker 2: All right? First, I think that this what Richard Nixon used to call the silent majority. The vast majority of Americans have maybe not trust in government, but they have more trust in other Americans and in other people than we would think by looking at the activists and what they have to say. Second, I think that the biggest problem. And I don't say this because I'm the conservative. I say this because I observe people, and I have many friends who are liberals. The biggest problem is not liberals. It's far left progressives who will take the head off of anyone, even another fellow progressive, who in any way shows accommodation to the center or the right. So put that twenty percent of America to the side for a second, and put to the side maybe you know five percent on the far right that do the same. It's a much smaller group that there are people that do the same. That middle is most Americans. It's most of us. It's the people who make a living, who run the country, who will elect the politicians. I think that center group they don't need to form a new party. They can stay as Republicans and Democrats. They just have to force their elector representatives to understand what they want is to achieve common goals, not just keep fighting and not just keep attacking each other. The longer the far left keeps attacking some of the social issues on which Donald Trump ran, the longer it's going to be before the Democrats can regain any control, or more importantly, to what I'm saying now achieve any results. Maybe they need to calm down on the social issues and work with the Republicans on economic issues, on foreign policy, on issues where there are disagreements in America, but not on the ultimate goals for the most part, on the means of getting there.
Speaker 1: I know you mentioned this in the podcast. I referenced that a lot of shows are echo chambers. In other words, the guests saying something to what the audience wants to hear, and then the next guy says it, then the next guy says it. I really truly don't want and have never wanted to make my show an echo chamber, because I don't think you get anywhere doing that. You go back to the affirmation information argument. But I do find it interesting, and I think you would too. I mean, look, we sent a lot of money to Washington, d C. And what Elon Musk is doing right now is just absolutely throwing the Democrats into an absolute rage. Chuck Schumer, who I know. Your mother and his mother have a history. They knew each other many many years ago. In fact, his mother was instrumental in getting your mother to send you to law school. It's a phenomenal story. I urge anybody that is listening that would listen to that podcast, they should listen to it. But the fact of the matter is he looked absolutely asinine, standing up and yelling and screaming, We're gonna win, We're gonna win. There's great waste in this country. And it makes me wonder why is it such a firestorm for the Democrats. It makes you wonder where all that money went and why it's a problem for them right now. Do you have any idea why they're behaving this way?
Speaker 2: Well, twofold and is one very small way. I'm going to say that I share a concern.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: They want to protect the deep state. They want to protect the administrative state. For the most part, Musk is going after those parts of the federal government which have tilted very very far to the left, like USA, and they want to protect those programs. To a small degree. There is some ambiguity, though Trump has tried a bit to write it, on whether Musk's role is as a master auditor, as a supplier of it expertise and analysis, or whether he's making decisions he should not be making decisions. He's not an elected official. Now, the president can delegate. But there are some processes, there are some statutes and rules that we do need to make sure are being followed. But to the extent that what Musk is doing is providing all the information and the capabilities of executing on decisions, I think he's doing a terrific job and something that is helping all Americans. We just have to make sure the decisions are being made by elected officials and that Trump makes that more clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I agree one hundred percent. And I think we've had far too much in this country in the last five years, decision made by people that were appointed, and we had no voice in their ability to make decisions for you and me and everybody else. I got to run. The next time I have you on, I want to talk to you because in a previous life, and I did not know this, you work for MGM Universal. I had no idea and you had some purview over some of the best movies that were ever made. Am I right about this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mgm UA we made Rainman, James Bond, Rocky, Pink Panther, all sorts of movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's and I want to you know what, and it holds true to my philosophy, Kennan that everything in life runs through Cincinnati because Rainman was filmed here in Cincinnati. A large part of it was filmed right here in Cincinnati. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I now that you remind me. The answer is yes. See I think everything runs through Cincinnati because of Procter and Gamble.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Probably true too. Look, I'm great to have you on, and I know we cut into your time down there in Florida, but you've got plenty of time to have lunch and rub shoulders with the shakers and movers Kennan Spivak. You can read them all over, but certainly at real clear politics and the real clear policy section of that. Stay well, my friend, we will talk down the road.
Speaker 3: Thank you great, Thanks by night.
Speaker 1: It's true Rainman was filmed right here in Cincinnati, right long Columbia Parkway, Dustin Hoffman, Tom Cruise film, part of it in Hyde Park Film, part of it over there at the Greater Cincinnati Airport. But he's right. I mean, if you know, the luck has got to get past Trump arrangements. You lost. The reason why you lost is what you're screaming about right now. Stop it. Find somebody that can lead your party, get back to what your core beliefs are and stop acting like idiots. Why is that not? Why is that not more evident now than what it was on November fifth? It's startling, it really is. I don't know who the savior is for that party. It's somebody, but man, I haven't found it yet. And as far as what Musk is doing, Hey, look we're thirty six trillion dollars in debt. Only half of this country pays income tax. I'm one of them. Yeah, I want to know where my money's going. Anybody know where the money went to Ukraine? Anybody vote for that? How many know? How many people know where that money to Ukraine went? Hell, the Ukrainians don't even know where it went. And then all of this other stuff with usaaid and the nonsense that we're funding unbeknownst to us with those dollars. You'd bet I want to do a deep dive. I think most rational people will. Anyway, it's twelve twenty six. It's the average American in for the Great American seven hundred WLW man Trouble in the Bedroom not anymore. Proactive Men's Medical Center restores your sex life in just one visit twelve thirty seven news Ready our seven hundred at WLW, the average American in for the Great American. I had a laugh listening to our newscast a couple of minutes ago. Greg Landsman is he's afraid that there won't be any federal workers left, or there'll be so many that resign that the business of the government can't get done. First of all, it's not going to happen. They're under what their projections were they wanted pluss I check, what was it? Forty thousand? You realize how big the federal government is, how many employees the federal government has. I think Greg needs to be more concerned about this waste of your tax dollars and my tax dollars. And instead of yelling and screaming and dancing on the steps of the Capitol like Chuck Schumer did, let's get more people interested in where are money's going. Apparently Elon Musk is now going to go after Doze, is now going to go after and stand by for the yelling and screaming on this. They're going to go after medicated Medicare. And you're going to hear the Democrats say, oh, they're going after your Medicare, they're gonna take it away. Granting is gonna die, He's not gonna have enough. No, it's not what's happening. He's looking at just how bloated those services are and how much money is being spent wasted on those services. There's a lot of fraud that goes on inside the federal government. That's what he's doing. It's not like Elon Musk is going to go in there and take away somebody or somebody's money. He's not doing that. It's eyes only, and it reports back and then Trump does what Trump thinks is best, and then they go about it and honestly, rather than standing on the steps of the capital and you're screaming in an unhinged manner, which is what I saw Democrats do yesterday, they ought to be as concerned about this stuff as republicans. UPI reported more than one hundred billion dollars and in proper Medicare and Medicaid payments were made in twenty twenty three. Not to you, if you have coming, but to people that are double dipping or they're dead. Fifty one point five billion with Medicare, fifty one point billion with a B billion dollars with medicare twenty one billion with a B dollars with Medicaid. That's about forty three percent of all improper payments in the government. That's what he's doing. He's saying, look, look what's going on here. But I still find it fascinating why Democrats are so worked up over this. What do they know that we don't know yet? Oh, I just want to know where the money's going. Money's going for the super Bowl on Sunday, It's going towards at this point Kansas City. This line is morphed from Kansas City minus one and a half to Kansas City minus one. Over under on this game is forty nine and a half. But I don't know. There's a lot of interesting prop bets. There are prop bets that can be made with this game. And standing by to help us with that is a guy that I've known forever. I mean forever it's going well, not forever. That's an overstatement. Elon Musk would come to me and say, wait a minute, that's an overstatement. Get it back on the rail. So I would say I've known Joe Fortenbat for at least fifteen years and maybe closer to twenty and I have him on the show every now and again. He is the money guy on ESPN right now. You can find him on ESPN dot com. You can find him on ESPN's betting shows normally between six and six thirty on the mother Ship afternoon host on ESPN Radio, and a guy who's made leaves and bounds since I first saw him. I first met him, and I wanted to get him on now to talk a little bit about the wagering on this game. Joe Fortenbaugh, how are you on this glorious Thursday, Ken, I'm doing great.
Speaker 4: I can always count on a few things.
Speaker 5: In my life, just if you, and one of them is that I'm gonna hear from you, a friend.
Speaker 4: Of mine, twice every year. I'm gonna hear.
Speaker 5: From you in August because we're gonna preview the Bengals, and I'm gonna hear you right before the Super Bowl to talk.
Speaker 4: About the Big Gates. So it's always an honor to come on your radio show. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're here now. You mentioned the Bengals will get it out of the way. Would you consider them as somebody who watches this thing globally. Would you consider them a disappointment this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I love this team.
Speaker 5: I love them, And I'm not saying that because of the audience I'm speaking to. It's just it's the rarest thing, right, It's the rarest thing to.
Speaker 4: Hit a home run at the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Position and you got it.
Speaker 4: And when you have that, you've gotta be able to do better than missing out on the playoffs.
Speaker 5: I don't care if it's because of a slow start, a defense, referees offensive line, I don't care, Like it just doesn't matter, Like that's not a player that should be missing the postseason when we see.
Speaker 4: Some of these guys that get in.
Speaker 5: So yeah, absolutely, I mean Jamar Shat had a huge season, Higgins looked great.
Speaker 4: The defense is obviously a problem.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, you talk about it all the time, but it was a huge disappointment because we talked about the legacies of Mahomes and Lamar and Josh Allen.
Speaker 4: Burrow needs to be there side by side with them.
Speaker 5: The weekend that Josh Allen is going against Lamar Jackson, Burrow needs to be going against Mahomes and vice versa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, listen, if the Bengals had made the playoffs, do you think Burrow would get serious consideration for MVP if he's not already getting it now, because it sounds like Lamar Jackson is going to get this thing. But if they had made it, do you think that would have enhanced his ability to be a contender for the MVP?
Speaker 4: Without question?
Speaker 5: As you know, I'm a bit of a gambling man myself, and we studied this market every single year, and what we know about this market is that two criterias stand out involve all else Number one playing quarterback. Number two being a one or.
Speaker 4: A two seed. Making the playoffs would have helped them.
Speaker 5: But when you go back, it's something like sixteen of the last seventeen have been a quarterback.
Speaker 4: The one dissenter is Adrian Peterson, and.
Speaker 5: Then it's something along fifteen of the last sixteen don't quote me, but it's close are either a one or a two seed, and predominantly.
Speaker 4: A one seed. Now this year, that's going to be interesting because I think Lamar Jackson's going to win it.
Speaker 5: If you look at the history of the voters, the voters who vote for all pro tend to be the same voters who are voting for MVP, and if Lamar Jackson was named First Team All Pro, reason could show us that he's going to end up winning the MVP as well. So Burrow making the playoffs definitely would have improved the odds. But to not make the postseason the first thing people are going to argue, and it's no fault of Jos, but the first thing they're going to argue is, well, how valuable can you be if they're not even in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I know, I know, and it's it's as it is.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's totally wrong, but it's a great analogy there about what you've got, what your team's got to do to help you get something like that. But listen, so this game is it's a Chiefs minus one and a half. That tells me that line is probably gonna morph a little bit before game day? Does that tell you the same thing?
Speaker 5: This is interesting because the thing with this is it's been sitting here all week, and normally the Super Bowl line gets pounded early and then we're done with it.
Speaker 4: But we're not dancing around.
Speaker 5: Any key numbers, right, key numbers being three, seven, six, ten, numbers like that.
Speaker 4: When it comes to the point spread. So I'm looking at this and I'm thinking to.
Speaker 5: Myself, Okay, I got a feeling we're gonna see Philadelphia money at some point. I think the guys are waiting to see how good of a price they can get with the Here's what I mean by that. Most people, if you look at some of the guys who model this stuff, they have this game either pick them or they might have Philly.
Speaker 4: As a small favorite.
Speaker 5: Problem is, if you're a book maker, you can't hang that price because you'll get crushed with Chiefs money because Mahomes.
Speaker 4: As an underdog. The public loves Mahomes all that stuff.
Speaker 5: So it's not just about setting a good number. You got to be able to balance your books. You got to be a bookmaker and an.
Speaker 4: Odds maker, right. You got to come out with a smart price. So what we saw in the AFT Championship game was very telling.
Speaker 5: Buff Kansas City was minus one and a half minus two all week, less than forty five minutes before kickoff. All this Buffalo money came in and knocked.
Speaker 4: It down to pick up.
Speaker 5: That was sharp professional money coming in on the bills.
Speaker 4: The Eagles are power ranked higher than the Bills, and this game is on a neutral.
Speaker 5: It's not an arrowhead, so I think the same thing is coming.
Speaker 4: I think there's going to be Egle money. I think the guys are waiting.
Speaker 5: To see what's the best price they can get on the Eagles, and then at some point, as we get close to the kickoff, you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna see that money hit the market.
Speaker 5: That's my prediction for how this goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm with you on that completely. I just you and I have seen this too many times to not believe that's exactly what's going to happen. It always seems to be the end because the guys that are smart wait till the end. Right. They're not laying They're not laying anything right now. They're waiting. They would wait. They wait as long as they can, right.
Speaker 5: It depends on what numbers we see. There are some years where when you throw out a point bred at three and a half, they might jump in on the dolls because they're gonna anticipate that money and they want to be on the right side of the key number of three. This number sitting one and a half is a little bit of a dead zone. Same thing with the total it was sitting forty nine and a half.
Speaker 4: Usually, if you like the under, you wait.
Speaker 5: Until close to the kickoff because the public isn't going to bet the under. The public wants to bet on action and scoring. They're gonna bet the over, So you let them get involved late and they push the number up, you get a better price.
Speaker 4: We're starting to see some under money. Now keep that in mind.
Speaker 5: It's just a little It went from forty nine and a half to forty nine, but that's very telling to me. I think what that tells us is there's a thought process that we are not going to see a lot.
Speaker 4: Of possessions in this game. Philadelphia is gonna run.
Speaker 5: Philadelphia likes to bleed the clock in between plays, and when Kansas City's out there, it's gonna be short thinking, dunk eat intermediate passing routes, and I think they're going to want to try to keep the Eagle offense off the field and try to wear down that Philadelphia defense. So I think it's going to be a much slower game than people anticipate as a result limited possessions, limited plays, Maybe it's less scoring than people realize. I have not bet the under, but I think that's why you're seeing under money.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to lay this one on you too, because, as you mentioned, Philadelphia likes to run the ball. Barkley averages I think one hundred and sixteen hundred and seventeen yards per game, or at least he did through the regular season. The projection on him to prop on him is ninety three and a half yards in this game. I'm getting this from DraftKings. Everybody is saying bet the under. It my one eleven. I kind of feel it might be the under simply because Kansas City plays the run so well. It's like four four point one yards per run. I don't know if Barkley goes off in this game, do you.
Speaker 5: Chiefs are number eleven in the league in defensive rush success rate.
Speaker 4: Spagnolo is obviously going to have a.
Speaker 5: Great game plan for how to attack Saquon Barkley. It's not like Spags is coming into this game saying we need to shut down the Eagles passing attack, everything else doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Like they know what the Eagles want to do. If you get beat through the air, so be it.
Speaker 5: But you can't get beat on the ground.
Speaker 4: You know, that's what Philly's coming for.
Speaker 5: This prop was as high as one twenty four and a half, which was wild because only nine running backs in history have done that and the Super Bowl gone for.
Speaker 4: What's twenty five or more and the last one was Throughout Davis with the Broncos against the Packers.
Speaker 5: In nineteen ninety eight, So keep that in mind as this number is dropped.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 4: I'm not involved in anything with Barkley right now.
Speaker 5: His receiving pop will probably be.
Speaker 4: Two and a half perceptions.
Speaker 5: I'll probably go under that because he doesn't get too involved in the passing game.
Speaker 4: But for the rushing prop, it's like, do.
Speaker 5: I want to bet against him knowing two long runs can get him there? But do I want to bet on them knowing Yeah, it's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Yards in a big matchup and it's a really good team. So I haven't done anything with him yet. Longest rush twenty four and a half yard.
Speaker 5: I might just bet the over on that Kenny break one, and I think that is a better approach to play than the over under for his total yardage.
Speaker 1: Eagles run a lot of plays. They run a lot of plays. I don't know what they are in the leg, but they were up somewhere around sixty plays per game the last I looked, I just feel, you know, given these weather conditions inside, it's gonna be perfect. I'm looking for a big game from AJ Brown. I think the prop on him in this is four and a half. I'm taking the over at minus one sixty eight. That's what I saw on FanDuel earlier today. I think I'm taking AJ Brown four and a half. I'm taking the over on that at minus one sixty eight. What about you, okay, I'm right with you.
Speaker 5: Sixty nine and a half is the receiving yards I've gone over. He's thirty to one to win MVP. I always like to sprinkle a little bit on.
Speaker 4: Some of the long shots.
Speaker 5: He's one of my long shots this year at thirty to one, and there's a there's an escalator where you can play him to go over one hundred and twenty five receiving yards. It's like seven to one. So at ten dollars, bet pays seventy bucks. I would play that as well. All right, Kansas City plays man coverage fifth most in the NFL top five.
Speaker 4: That's how much they deploy man coverage.
Speaker 5: No receiver in the NFL has recorded more receiving yards per game.
Speaker 4: Against the band coverage than AJ Brown.
Speaker 5: Do you know one of the other guys who's great against Dick Jamark Chase.
Speaker 4: He's right at the top of the list.
Speaker 5: Chase has more touchdowns against the band coverage than anyone. Brown has more yards per game six touchdowns for him as well. I think the matchup suits him, and I think Jalen Hurts as you watch him, it's going to get him those opportunities where Hurts drops back. He doesn't like to throw over the middle of the field. He chucked it down the sideline at boom, there's a J Brown to make a play.
Speaker 4: So I really like AJ Brown in this game.
Speaker 5: The other one that's real popular is Dallas Goddards the Philly tight end. Over four and a half perceptions, over forty nine and a half receiving yards. The Chiefs get decimated by opposing tight end.
Speaker 4: No one's given up more yardage to opposing tight ends than Kansas City.
Speaker 5: And on top of that, Hurts has looked at Goddard more in the playoffs than any of his other receivers. So I understand that I'm looking for good things from two different pass catchers, but I think those are the guys Hurts is gonna target, aj Brown and Dallas Goddard.
Speaker 1: I think both Hurts and Mahomes go over their their total for passing yards. Hurts is one ninety six and a half. The prop on him is two thirty one or the projection I'm here, I'm sorry, is two thirty one. Mahomes two forty eight is the prop. The projection is two fifty five. They're both Hurts I think is minus one point fourteen if I'm not mistaken. Mahomes is minus one ten. I saw both of those on Bet three six earlier today. I'm going over with both of them. I know you're saying they're going to be it's going to be a more methodical, sloggy game as opposed to this wide open, you know, blow him out. But I still think at the end of the day, the other than Barkley, Hurts is the best guy they got on offense, and Mahomes makes everything go on offense for Kansas City. So I'm going over. I'm going over with these passing yard totals. What about you.
Speaker 5: We'll think about it like this Hurts his numbers really low, Like if he throws and he's also an underdog.
Speaker 4: So if the game script is him trailing Kansas City, he's going to be throwing the ball, and he's got a low total, and he's got plenty of weapons around him, and he's indoors on a fast track.
Speaker 5: Yeah, situation sets up very nicely, So I got nothing wrong with that. I think one way to play Mahomes is I was looking at over completions.
Speaker 4: It was somewhere around twenty two and a half twenty one and a half. Here's why I like the completion.
Speaker 5: Vic Fangio's Philadelphia defense. They play this too high shell, this covered two that he kind of started going heavy with a few years ago when he realized we got to stop giving up home runs to guys like Kyreek Hill. It's the copycat league. Everyone started copying it.
Speaker 4: It's why we.
Speaker 5: Saw less scoring over the last few years and why unders were hitting more frequently, because you don't have these offenses hitting home runs like they were because of.
Speaker 4: The two high safety look.
Speaker 5: As a result, you can eat that two high safety look up underneath dank and dunk, dank and dunk.
Speaker 4: It works very well against these guys.
Speaker 5: So the Eagles won't give up the home run, but they will let you cut them up underneath.
Speaker 4: Enter the completions prop.
Speaker 5: I think Kansas City is going to struggle to run the ball consistently in this game, and I don't think the deep shots are going to work. So I think an extension of their running game is going to be the short passing game. I think it's just going to be Mahomes three yards here, Mahomes five yards there, Mahomes four yards there, as they work their way down the field.
Speaker 4: Before you know it, you're over twenty two and a half completions. So that's how I'm playing. Mahome.
Speaker 1: Are you the richest man in broadcasting? Because you've got all this still down you live in Vegas. I'm just wondering if you're the richest guy in broadcasting right now.
Speaker 5: Well, the thing about that is it all sounds so good right before the game kicks off. Yeah, And then sometimes I spent two weeks and spent all this time, and you go into this game and it's the complete opposite game script of what you thought, and none of your stuff head and you're just in shambles by the end of the day. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll talk after.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Maybe I will be the richest man in broadcasting.
Speaker 1: You know, I love you. Joe Fortenball. You can see him on ESPN most nice. I think around six or six thirty, and then of course on ESPN Radio on the afternoon. Stay well, my friend, go go ahead.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I was gonna say.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We move around a lot, but once football.
Speaker 5: Season ends, ESPN two, the show's ESPN BET Live. We're six to seven pm Eastern, and we're pretty consistent throughout the non football season, so we got a lot of hoops going on.
Speaker 4: But I appreciate you promoting it as always. Ken, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You stay well, my friend. We need to hear your voice.
Speaker 5: Okay, absolutely, thank you, Ken, Thank you Cincinnati, you guys.
Speaker 1: It's my guy, Joe Partenbau. Yeah. I don't know if it's going to be any of that's gonna come true, but my guess is some of it will. We're twelve fifty five already on this Thursday afternoon. Think of the progress we have made as a society. Think of it since midnight. We're almost thirteen hours into this thing. Now, that's an accomplishment. Seven hundred wlw Okay, what away? News Radio seven hundred WLW wel come on and to the pestivities. Great to have you with us. It's the average American and for the great American on this Thursday. However you're listening, whether it be through this great medium of terrestrial radio, of course, the transmitter standing like an edifice to crawl this call to Pal Crosley right there on Mason, right there on Route forty two or forty I believe we're forty two and where Tyler's Bill wrote INTERSECTI if I'm not mistaken. If it's not, you can see it far away. We welcome you on in. Perhaps you're listening on the iHeartRadio app and that is just dandy as well. The sick society that is America, the American healthcare system is at of whack. It's another one of the targets of the Trump administration, how to get Americans healthier again. Now it comes with a catchy phrase, Maha, make American healthy again. But okay, once you get by slogans and everything, what does it mean? RFK Junior will be the next Secretary of Health and Human Services. It will happen. The last roadblock was Senator Bill Cassidy from Louisiana, who's a doctor. He had problems with RFK Junior's position on vaccinations. But after he got I guess convinced that RFK was not the radical that he has been portrayed to be, he voted to get him out of committee. And now it will go on to the full Senate, and the full Senate will confirm Kennedy as HHS Secretary. But it doesn't change for the moment, just how sick we are as a society. There is a former pharmaceutical consultant, food consultant, and someonet of great repute inside the medical industry CALLI Means, who pointed out in an interview that I listened to a few months ago, and I wrote this down because it's so important. We are four percent of the world's population. You me, everybody else in the United States, we are four percent of the world's population. We produce seventy five percent of pharmaceutical profits. And in the world, of all the countries that populate this world, we are sixtieth sixtieth in life expectancy. And why is that a lot of people think it goes back to the late nineteen forties, in the wake of World War two, antibiotics became very popular during the course of World War Two and then for general consumption immediately after World War Two. They were considered to be drugs of panacea, that they could cure everything. And so we got into not preventing health problems, not curing health problems, but treating health problems, and suddenly everything became a chronic illness. Today, ninety five percent of all medical spending is spent on chronic conditions, conditions that, if diagnosed, you will have them for a lifetime. And of course to treat chronic illness requires a lot of money, and that's just what big medicine wants, a lot of your money. So this is what RFK Junior in a way wants to, if not fix, certainly get to a point where it is not as dire a situation as it is in this country. Everybody thinks, you pop a pill, hey, I'll be fine. Well, it might keep you alive for another six months, eight months, and then what happens, Well, you got to find some more pills to take, maybe different pills. Well what does that do, Well, it crosses this problem over here. So let me get some pills for that, and all of a sudden, You're a walking Elvis Presley. You're taking every single pill known to mankind? How do we get out of that? I turned for all health matters to my good friend Todd Furnas. He has written I think a definitive and actually a very short book defining where we are as a country and where we need to go. It's called the sixty Percent Solution, Rethinking Healthcare. And I wanted to get Todd on the program because I think by this time next week RFK will have been confirmed. So, Todd Furnas, how are you on this glorious Thursday.
Speaker 3: I am doing, Danny Ken, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're here. Look, we'll see if RFK gets confirmed by the Senate. He got through committee, and we'll see what happens when he gets to the full Senate vote. But I think a lot of what he's been saying is a lot about what you and I have been talking about. I mean, it's just out there. We're a small fraction of the world's population. We produce all of these pharmaceutical medicines, and we have untold profit for these pharmaceutical groups. And then when you drive right down to it, the life expectancy of an American male or female is pretty poor when put up against the rest of the world. So what's going on.
Speaker 6: Here, Well, a very big question. Let me start with the intro around our kJ. I think he's going to get confirmed based on the stuff that I'm seeing and hearing. It was interesting because I know with certainty that a torrent of mothers called in to Senator to Cassie's office too, shall we say, encourage him to vote in favor of denomination, which occurred.
Speaker 3: So that's thing number one. Thing number two is, yes, we are.
Speaker 6: Paying disproportionately for the research, development, marketing, and sales of pharmaceutical drugs, which does then created a profit in the pharmaceutical companies, which neither you nor I would regredge them unless it means that the United States is paying more than anybody else by sometimes a factor of a ten or one hundred or even a thousand, and that just didn't write. So that's there's a fairness question there. And I don't know that we want to be using pharmaceuticals as an example of foreign aid, which is the fact that what we're doing by subsidizing drug production here in the United States through the FDA, and then through the markets, price the market prices here and then selling them cheaply overseees that it's essentially a form of foreign aid.
Speaker 3: It's a way to pay.
Speaker 6: Way to think about it, I think that's a little misguided because it means that we don't keep around the ball. And then, lastly, with regard to life expectance, yes, we're not doing a very good job. That goes back to another thing that our FKJ has advocated, which is cleaning up our food support and getting that in order. Because it's not just a question of do we have medicines, it's what causes what causes the need for medicine. It's an illness for a chronic issue, and we have more chronic.
Speaker 3: Diseases than we know what to do with.
Speaker 6: So we've got to solve these problems systemically.
Speaker 3: On that side of the equation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got to get more towards curing disease as opposed to treating it as a chronic disease. The history of this I goes back I guess goes back to when antibiotics first came into the public health forum, and that was when right after World War Two, and obviously antibiotics can be used for a number of different things to treat something, but not necessarily cure something. When did we get out of the cure business, or get out of the desire to cure business and into let's just keep this patient on an endless stream of pharmaceuticals for the rest of his or her life life.
Speaker 6: And that's what that's been the case for the last thirty or forty years.
Speaker 3: But I want to kind of go back up a level to two things.
Speaker 6: First of all, you and I have talked about the infinite elasticity of capitalism, which is one of the things that attracts us to this create nation of ours. Well, the infinite elasticity of capitalism means that we're going to find more and more stuff to buy and sell, and that includes drugs. And so drugs are now going to smaller and smaller affected people in the marketplace and saying, hey, you need to get our drugs or else.
Speaker 3: This bad thing is going to happen.
Speaker 6: So there's fear, uncertainty, and doubt advertised every single night on every TV show available. Then you get to the next issue, which is we really shouldn't be curing diseases when we have an opportunity to prevent them altogether, and we really are out of the prevention business, and we really need to get back in the prevention business and engage our nation's people into the right kinds of activities and foregoing the wrong kinds of activities so.
Speaker 3: We can be healthier for longer.
Speaker 6: If you go back to the fond memories of COVID link link nudge, nudge, then you'll recall that we had over seventy eight percent of the people who actually died from COVID allegedly had co morbidities, and most of them were seventy eight percent were obese. So let's talk about heart disease, let's talk about obesity, and let's attack those issues and see what we can need.
Speaker 3: To prevent them altogether.
Speaker 6: Curing them is hard once they've gotten once they've manifested in your system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that the whole thing about preventing illnesses goes back to culture. You mentioned lifestyle. I think it's much difficult. This is just me, and anecdotally, maybe you feel differently. I think it's much more difficult to change a culture than it is to treat a problem that's causing that culture. It seems to me, if you want to move a human being from point A to point e B, that's a hell of a lot more difficult than just giving human being something that makes point A a little more tolerable. I think it's just the way the human DNA is, don't you.
Speaker 6: Oh, absolutely, And the problem is you have to an inertia issue that you have to deal with. But in the healthcare world, we have with something else that's problematic, which is getting the person on the other end, meaning the patient, to actually care enough to go undertake the corrective actions, whether it's taking a medicine or changing their diet, or going out and getting some exercise, whatever it is. Getting them to engage in their own healthcare is a really, really significant challenge. I have friends who are chief medical officers for companies, and even if there's an economic benefit, it's manifested in their insurance programs, their benefits, they still are very, very recalctrant in terms of engaging the kinds of behaviors that are necessary to.
Speaker 3: Change the culture of one in that instance.
Speaker 6: So you can imagine if it's hard to change the culture of one, meaning one individual patient, imagine how difficult it is it's going to be to change the culture of three hundred and thirty million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, you know and again you know, and I've talked about this before. Really, when you get into the giant discussion about this, hey, you need to take our drug. As you mentioned, you watch I mean you watch cable television news any night and it's all the same thing. You don't take this drug, bad things are going to happen. To use your words, where are the doctors and all this, Why shouldn't the doctor come in and say, wait a minute, don't believe everything you see on TV.
Speaker 6: Well, doctors are complicit. I mean that's how they make their money. They get two ways of First of all, as a patient when you go in to see the doctor, then you get paid.
Speaker 7: For the visit, the doctor get paid for the visit.
Speaker 6: And then secondly, oftentimes the case the doctor will get paid for prescribing the meds.
Speaker 3: I mean, I go back to the COVID example.
Speaker 6: I know of one specific insurance company where I saw the document myself where they were saying, if you the primary care position, get seventy five percent of your panel, meaning the patients you serve vaccinated, you will give you a one hundred and seventy five dollars per patient bonus.
Speaker 1: That's privory. Yeah, the first degree.
Speaker 6: Well then it gets worse because the average.
Speaker 3: Panel size for a primary care potion is three thousand patients.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, holy cow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we do the math.
Speaker 6: Three thousand times one hundred and twenty five is more than just mere lunch money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it isn't it's not lunch money. It's criminal. But again, this is the never ending cycle of healthcare in this country. Todd Furness, our guests, and we're talking about this report that just backs up what RFK Junior has been saying all along that we're just as a society, we're spending all this money on healthcare and we're just basically one of the sickest societies in the world. Look, I have to ask you this because Donald Trump in office, I mean, my goodness, it's it's going on three weeks and his I mean, he's just moving at break neck speed. And these tariffs that he's been threatening against Mexico and against Canada that both both have backed off of, He's got another one he's thrown on China. Now we'll see. He wants to impose a ten percent tariff on China imports. Chinese imports. The fact of the matter is we get a lot of our pharmaceuticals from China. The fact of the matter is APIs those active pharmaceutical ingredients. In the last ten years, it's just gone up, I mean increasingly for what we rely on China for. So I'm just wondering if indeed he goes ahead and imposes the tariff and China comes back and imposes the terrif on us, it would lead one to think that the price of drugs are going to go up. Do you anticipate the price of drugs going up?
Speaker 3: Ken Brew?
Speaker 6: This is why I love talking to you, because you're the first guy that's talked about this, and I've it's been burning a hole in my head since I heard him talking.
Speaker 3: Per first mentioned it, and you're you're generally.
Speaker 6: The first radio host for journalists that I've heard speak about this issue. And it's critical because here's the other thing, the meagage that we don't that we don't get from China, and guess where we get them? Yeah, and guess who supplies the APIs to India China. So it's worse than most people can even gain to believe, so we do have a problem. They're there, and I worry that if if we really got got sideways with China, as we saw it again with some of the COVID issues, then they might cut off our supply chain for those APIs and then we'd have a real world hurt coming on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know. One of the you know again, you know the thing about the president is he likes to make deals and he makes threats. The other side makes threats, and all of a sudden you come to a solution, and it might be one of the reasons why he's I mean, all these places he's interested in buying Canada, Greenland and places like that that are in Greenland's case, where you're rich in minerals. We'll see exactly whether or not that comes to pass. But I'm just I'm concerned about that because Number one, if these if these ingredients are coming from China, and we know that the major export of fentanyl comes from China. I'm just wondering, if the Chinese government really wanted to screw us, they could do a hell of a job just by screwing what these ingredients they send to us, couldn't.
Speaker 6: They absolutely, and I think that's why this is characterized in many venues as a national security issue, because we need to think about it differently. We need to have markets where you have choice and you can go from point A to point B or supplier ATA supplier B without fear that if you turn one off that the entire supply will be turned off.
Speaker 3: And that's what we have right now in my business.
Speaker 6: We call this in the private equity business, we call this a concentration risk. We have a concentration of supply coming out of China and pharmaceuticals right now, and so we got to be worried about that, and we have a you know, the concentration is worse because it's not only China but also to India. So the challenge is how do we change that concentration risk and have that more distributed so that we can manage that better. And that's good for everybody because it keeps prices down, that keeps supplies up, and it increased competition in the marketplace, all the good stuff that we come to know and love here in the United States. But if we don't go focus on that, then we're going to have really really significant issues.
Speaker 1: Look at the turf you and I just covered in the last eleven minutes. I mean, we have a country that's dependent on pharmaceuticals because we have a country that has a medical system that wants to get you in the chronic illness business as opposed to the cure business. We don't have anybody that's really doing preventive medicine in this country and now we're dependent on China and India for us to stay in the chronic illness business. To me, it's just it's insanity to the to the first degree. But you know what, Todd, every one of these guys in Washington, d C. I've said this before, I'll see it again. Google everybody you've elected to the Senate and to the House and see who's taken what kind of money from big farm, and then you'll have an idea of why it hasn't been solved here and why we've been so dependent on all of this for the last forty to fifty years. I'm all, my sorry about that. You're the guest I shouldn't be preaching, and you need to write another book for crying out loud. The sixty percent solution rethinking healthcare is right now available on Amazon, where all fine books are sold. Our guest, Todd front is Todd. You stay well and you and I visit down the road.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks so much for your time today. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You bet, you bet. Think about that again. Four percent. We are four percent of the world's population. We produce seventy five percent of pharmaceutical profits, and we are sixtieth sixtieth out of every nation in life expectancy because ninety five percent of medical spending today is on chronic conditions as opposed to try and prevent these conditions. And that's why, again, just going about business lays a fair Yeah, you just keep going out there to Washington. You kept just doing what you're doing. Here's some more money. Yeah, you guys are doing a great job. That's the problem. And if that gets anywhere near fixed between now and twenty twenty eight, me and you and everybody else will be a hell of a lot better. Why that can't get through of the ideologues in this country, and in particular in Washington, Why that isn't evident? If you can convince me, have at it. One twenty six News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 8: That's a great honor.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, no matter who the president is, I know I'm excited because, uh, it's the biggest game of my life, you know.
Speaker 1: And having the president there, I know, it's the best country in the world, so I would be very cool.
Speaker 5: He Hello, Wyet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Say do you believe that there's some people that are upset that Travis Kelsey is excited about the president coming to the super Bowl?
Speaker 9: Nothing surprises me anymore? Ken Brew about what's going on? Guy used to have on my show a lot.
Speaker 1: Mike Freeman, who now writes for USA Today, wrote a column a couple of days ago saying that that basically Donald Trump was shatatizing all over the Super Bowl. And I'm looking at this thing thinking, first of all, after they show him once or twice, nobody's gonna give a rats rear end about him. They're gonna be watching the game.
Speaker 9: He's gonna he's gonna be sitting with the what the Saints owner invited him? So, I mean, you know, president goes to the super Bowl, he goes to the World Series. I mean, you know, I mean, what what's you know? It's it's because it's him, That's the thing.
Speaker 1: That's it. And you know there's so much of this Trump drain syndrome that's going on out there by the Democrats and they populate, make no mistake about it. They might have found their new haven in this blue Sky thing, but they're still lurking around there on X ready to pounce on anybody that says anything that's outside of their narrative. And you know what, if I'm trying, if I'm Travis Kelsey, you know what I tell him to do is stick it somewhere where proctologists can't even find it, saying, yeah, he probably would, you know, he probably would, yeah, knowing m you know, everybody's all up and you know this whole country is divided right now, Sick. And then you got Taylor Swift. You know, I don't particularly care for her music, but if she wants to date the guy, if she's in love with the guy, who the hell cares? If she goes to a game and watch him play, right, I agree? Thank you, Sick. I need I need just some some affirmation here, that's all. Some loves what ken.
Speaker 9: Brew the stood reporters of Proud Service, every local Tamestar Heating and air Conditioning dealers, tamestar quality you could feel in northern Kentucky called Tom Rickon Heating and air Conditioning eight five nine two six ' one eighty two sixty nine s. But and we want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and Bar, the world's greatest fried chicken, Will ken Brew.
Speaker 8: It's clucking good, Ron Junior, Ron Larkin.
Speaker 9: Junior, the bringing the food sixty five years on the good old West Side, the buffet on Friday and Saturday, thirty eight to fifty three Race Road.
Speaker 1: I ate so much of that today. I got heaps coming out of my mouth when I burp.
Speaker 9: Bengals up there, brought to you by good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town Bengals. Joe Burrow today making the rounds of the Super Bowl talking contracts ken Brew about Chase Higgins and mister Hendrickson Well Bengals.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's the Bengals general manager.
Speaker 9: Oh so far's He's been on more TV today that I think Trump has been in two weeks.
Speaker 1: What do you think happens if they don't sign TVs? Now? What is that going to do? With Joe Burrow?
Speaker 8: Not happy?
Speaker 1: See? And that's the problem here You've got Mike Brown, He's sitting in the corner office up there, and I know Mike. I like Mike. But let's just say Mike wants to know where the money goes. Mike would be a good doze guy. He would be a great doze guy in Washington, DC. And you know, and then then you got you know, the fan base, and all they want to do is see this team win a championship. You half this town is fearing that they're going to be dead by the time they win a super Bowl, and the other half are figuring, well, they're never going to win a super Bowl, so that's what they want. And meanwhile, you got to pay other players, and so you got your quarterback out there campaign and it has to make let's just say, for some uncomfortable time inside what is it pay corps or pay now?
Speaker 9: I think it's still pay corps. Totally switch it. Who knows inside stadium, but they have to, you know, I mean, I mean, if it's not going to be good, if Joe Burrow's not happy.
Speaker 1: Well if he's not, he's like Mama, you're not happy. Nobody's happy.
Speaker 9: Pro Football Hall of Fame class at twenty twenty five is going to be announced tonight in the NFL Honors Show in New Orleans. Big Willie Anderson and Louke Keikley are on that finals list.
Speaker 1: Kinkley's getting in, Oh Willie, I hope there's a couple of there's one or two other linemen there that it makes me a little skittish. Yep, but Willy ought to be in there.
Speaker 9: But I think Kinkley gets in. Super Bowl Up. They brought to you by Stone Statements. Make your dream kitchen come to life today. Visit Stone Statements dot com. Super Bowl fifty nine. Of course, Sunday Chiefs and Eagles coverage begins Sunday at five. Right here, run seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: My goodness.
Speaker 9: College football Buckeye's coach Ryan Day, who was what about two months ago, was wanting to get They were going.
Speaker 8: To run him out of town.
Speaker 1: He couldn't get in Columbus, he couldn't get a job at Central Michigan University.
Speaker 9: Thank you, He gets a He gets a new seven year contract at Ohio State, now valued a twelve and a half million per year back, second highest paid college coach behind George's Kirby Smart.
Speaker 1: Pay. The payout is probably like thirty five dollars. I gotta believe there's a way that they're gonna nuke that thing at some point. If let's just say he doesn't start missig, he doesn't start beating Michigan.
Speaker 8: That's for sure.
Speaker 9: Let's see Red's pitchers and catchers report the spring training camp on Monday, ken Brew, don't be late. I'll be there for Tito, Tito Francona. Let's see. Former Reds outfielder Tommy fam has a one year deal with the Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Pirates, bringing his fantasy baseball team with him too, for a few fights in the outfield.
Speaker 8: I think, I think.
Speaker 3: So that was.
Speaker 9: And then this is weird about this is what I don't understand about soccer. FC Cincinnati has loaned Alvarro Barial to a Brazilian club today through December of this year, but they also signed him to an extension through the twenty twenty sixth season in the MLS.
Speaker 1: See now, this is interesting because that just happened inside iHeart today, you know, in iHeart and Kenwood, did you hear about this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Well, apparently, and I don't have all the details, but apparently Eddie Fingers has been loaned out to an FM station in Bowling Green, Kentucky for the next year, and then he'll come back and was that right? Wow? I heard that too. Yeah, okay, well and then you got but Eddie's probably just fell off his couch. But anyway, buryal That's what that happens all the time in soccer. They want a guy out and then they'll have done that before.
Speaker 9: Oh, they've done that before it And I guess uh, I guess Acosta has got a beef with the management of FC Cincinnati, so he hasn't shown up yet, but he looks like he's headed back to Argentina to play.
Speaker 1: You know what today is, seg uh Thursday. It's Rick Ashley's birthday.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 1: Rick Ashley's birthday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, ken Brew rick Roll, guys celebrate today. Is he a one hit wonder?
Speaker 1: Oh no, he had, he had, He had several hits, all right, he had this Are you familiar with this song?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, hit it and some.
Speaker 9: Old Rick Ashley is today. Uh, it's just take a while. Sixty five you're close, No, you're close. Okay, he'll be sixty next year.
Speaker 8: How about that?
Speaker 1: He is fifty nine years old a day.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know the whole story behind Rick Rolling. Right, No, I don't go ahead, you're mister music. No.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: On the internet, and this was a big thing about three or four years ago, maybe longer than that. When you would go on YouTube and you would download a video, you said, oh, here's it's video, and all of a sudden, like ten seconds into it, they'd bring up Rick Ashley dancing to Never Gonna Give You Up? Yeah, true thing.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I had Rick Ashley on my show said maybe like six years ago, yeah, and I asked about the Rickrolling thing, and he says, you know what. I was bothered by it at first, but then his daughter told him, hey, dad, no big thing. This is what he said.
Speaker 11: Listen, Amelia her name is, and she basically said, you do realize it's got nothing to do with you. And the way she said it, it was just like the penny dropped and it just made me think, she's absolutely right, it's got nothing to do It could have been anybody's video from the ages. Whoever started it just wanted what they perceived as a chief, which I.
Speaker 1: Have to agree with a little bit looking back.
Speaker 2: You know, I just it was a fun thing and it could have.
Speaker 1: Been anybody been going on said since two thousand and seven, this rick rolling thing? Hey, what you know? Hey, get it get it on, That's what I say, Get it on. That's right on, get it on, right, Well, it is going on.
Speaker 9: Seg that's about it, ken Brew, I got a question for I'm glad you asked. The Bearcats won last night, Thank goodness.
Speaker 1: Well, my god, what is the comic hootech coming by tonight too? Should we look for that?
Speaker 9: Wes Miller Show tonight at eight oh five live for the Rige of Montgomery in on More Tonight they play BYU Saturday. NKU upset Cleveland State, the Horizon League leader last night, so it looks like, you know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: I have a passion question for you. If that's can I ask you go ahead? So I've never been to a Columbus Blue Jackets game. Yes, and I'm going Saturday for the first time game on Saturday night. Yes. And my daughter for Christmas, knowing that I was the original PA announcer for the Cincinnati Stingers all those years ago nineteen seventy one, she got me a custom made jersey. Well yeah, I mean this is like one of those game jerseys they wear, and they had this, my name plate is on the back. And then she, for some reason, she got me the number seven of as you well know, the original Stinger, Brian Soupy Campbell. Yes, so I have the I got this jersey and I'm thinking to myself, you know, I may wear that to the Blue Jackets game on Saturday night. I think they're playing the New York Rangers. Should I Should I wear that? Or do you think I might have problems inside that arena with that? Well?
Speaker 9: I think you ought to wear it ken Brew and and I guess once people figure out, you'll get mobbed. Well it has Brew on the back of it. Well, I'm just saying. I mean, you know I'm big in Columbus. Yeah, so I mean think you might be sitting next to Ryan Day or something. Well it might be, but Brian geesenslaw.
Speaker 1: But do you think I'll be attacked because it's Boston Bruin's colors? You know, it's the old All the Stingers did was take the Boston Bruins logo off the front of it, slap their own on it. It's a great jersey. I just don't want to be physically accosted enough. It's not like.
Speaker 8: Red, white and blue. It's it's black and yellow.
Speaker 1: It is it's black and yellow with the Stingers logo on the front of it.
Speaker 9: Oh well, I don't you know that's a I mean I would think that they wouldn't. I don't think anybody would mess with you.
Speaker 1: You don't think so.
Speaker 8: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm a little skittish about all this. I'm a little skittish. I'm going to Columbus to a Blue Jackets game for the first time. I don't want to get in there and then people are like like throwing things at me, you know, like shoes and whatnot, skates, maybe a puck. I don't want that. Okay, But you think I'm all right.
Speaker 9: I think you're okay, ken Brew all right, sick, all right, I think you're okay.
Speaker 1: I think they worry.
Speaker 9: I think they'll worry about you know, fans being in Ranger colors. That's who they're playing.
Speaker 1: Well, see, the Rangers have the same colors as the Blue Jackets, you know, they're they're red one.
Speaker 8: I think you'll be I think you'll be okay. And Stingers where.
Speaker 1: So I may just I may they may not care about me because there'll probably be some Rangers fans there, right, I would think so, yes, But then again, the Stingers colors are like the Bruins colors, and the Rangers' biggest rival is the Bruins. You might have some Durans New York fans, and imagine that drains the New York being using.
Speaker 9: Just wear it and if they start giving you, you know what, put your coat on, well.
Speaker 1: That's that's true. I could just tuck it in and put my uh and zip up my jacket.
Speaker 8: There you go, all right, have fun. I'm gonna have Fun'll be part of the fifth line on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: What's the fifth line?
Speaker 8: That's the that's the crowd fifth line?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, I should know? What else do I need to know before I go watch them play?
Speaker 9: Big Leo sings the uh national anthem? Big Leo, big Leo. Who's the star of that team? I have no idea. Zach Rwinsky A couple, yeah, and a couple other couple and a couple other players are pretty good now. So they got a good They finally got a good coach and there a good general manager and they're turning things around.
Speaker 8: Last time I checked.
Speaker 9: There they're the there at the top of the last team to get into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Okay, so wild card Rick Nash doesn't play for them anymore.
Speaker 8: No, he's so he's in the front office off in Columbus. Yeah, all stuff by and say hi, okay, there you go, all.
Speaker 1: Right, sego, we need to get out of the Stooge Report right now because I have I've got a guy talking about Trump wanting to buy the Gaza Strip. We got to talk about Trump buying the Gaza Strip and wait for that place to look like Las Vegas. I'm gonna call it the Kaza Vegas. Maggaza Vegas is coming to Gaga Vegas, and I got a Trump tire up there. And they're gonna have pools. They're gonna have, they're gonna have I don't know, Yasir Arafat on the beach, sun tanning himself and asking answering any question you might have.
Speaker 9: So ken Brew and honor of a nice day here in the tri State, but snow elsewhere, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stewed Report.
Speaker 8: Save the platitudes, Bozo. There's work to be done here in Gulf or is becketing.
Speaker 1: Hey, oh you could?
Speaker 9: You know, I say that maybe the Wizard of ken What'll come up with you Saturday you got an extra ticket?
Speaker 1: Or he might be able to work the crowd at the Maga Gaza Strip.
Speaker 9: That's right, I'll take residence in Gaza for a for a year. There you go do the show, that's right? Is it a ken Wood?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'd love you over there, Amen, Seg, I gotta go sa on seven hundred WYLW seven hundred WYLW one fight the average American in for the great American. Seg. We were just talking with Seg about the The NFL Awards are tonight. It's at nine and Joe Burrow is making the rounds along Radio Road today in New Orleans, and he doesn't expect to be MVP or Offensive Player of the Year, Comeback Player of the Year simply because he said, in his words, basically, your team has to win to get that kind of honor. In fact, let me give you the exact quote. He said, usually you have to have a lot of team's success to be considered for some of those awards. That was with an interview with Adam Shine is he with CBS Sports. I think he is the CBS Sports Radio Network. Anyway, That's what he had to say. I think he's off on that. I think he's going to be a comeback player of the Year, might be the offensive Player of the Year, although I think that probably would be Jamar Chase in front of him. But the Hall of Fame voting is also one of great interest, and we're looking for Willie Anderson to get in. He would have to be the top offensive lineman under consideration. I know Marshall Yanda is on that list as well, but there's not another lineman really that is more deserving from a statistical standpoint than Willy Anderson. Anyway, the odds on him making the Hall of Fame, apparently tonight, apparently is twenty five percent highest among all offensive linemen. Antonio Gates is a lock. Luke Kinkley' is a lock. The Eli Manning is a lock. We'll see how it old pans out. That's at nine o'clock tonight. Meanwhile, in Washington, former UC coach Tommy Tubberville has introduced a bill. Yes, he introduced it on Wednesday. Yesterday, He along with Republican Senator Tim Shee, he introduced the Senior Citizens Tax Elimination Act to stop the double tax on Social Security benefits. Tubleville said seniors worked the majority of their adult lives so they can spend their retirement comfortably. So no more double tax. From a man who once famously said at Knippert Stadium.
Speaker 5: I ll get a job, get it job.
Speaker 1: So if you had a job and you paid into Social Security, why go to hell? Which would be double tax on it. We'll see how far it gets. It's two o'clock. It's time for the news News seven hundred WLW all right back on the big one two eight the average American and for the great American on this Thursday. Great to have you with us. I don't say that capriciously, because if you were not with us right now, I would I would merely be one man sitting in a room by himself, babbling incoherently. And why would I have to leave home to do that? So I again, you know, I listened to our newscasts and this whole thing about government buyouts for people. You know, Washington isn't a tissy on this right now. Because Donald Trump wants to cut the fat out of the federal government, and so he's offered these buyouts with a deadline of tonight for employees to take it, and so far only I think it's two percent, only two percent of the civilian federal workforce has taken them up on the offer. Well, now here come the unions, the American Federation of Government Employees, the National Association of Government Employees, and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, representing about eight hundred thousand there Now they have now gone out looking for a judge that would take this on. So they went judge shopping basically, and they landed in, of all places, stand by for It, Massachusetts, and that's where they found the Honorable George A. O'Toole, Junior, who was appointed to that particular bench by stand by for It Bill Clinton. So that's what goes on in these cases. We'll see there's apparently now a Monday deadline and there will be arguments on both sides, the government, the lawyers representing the federal employees. Number one, if you're a federal employee, why would you take a buyout right now? Because it's a cake job. You work for the federal government. It's a cake job. There's so many protect for you, Okay, So Trump's going to cut down the fat, that's what he wants to do, and maybe there is some fact to be cut. But if you're a valued employee, if you're someone who does a meaningful task, why would you worry. Apparently only two percent of the population of the workforce in the federal government is worried about it, So that's number one. Number two. If everybody is so convinced that Washington d c Is so efficient with the way it runs, why then would there be all of this panic on the side of the left. It doesn't make any sense. Somebody is there's money somewhere being exchanged on this, and I think that's what Trump down deep is trying to figure out where it's coming from and where it's going. But if you're a government employee and you've been on the job for any length of time, and you're a valued employee and what you do is necessary to run this country, then and I don't think you have anything to worry about. But if you're not well, then you have something to worry about. And quite frankly, if you're not you should be asking yourself the same question, why am I here? If I'm not someone the government absolutely needs. So anyway, this thing is now delayed until Monday. My guess is there will be arguments on both sides and it'll get kicked up to a higher court. But we'll see where it goes. Could even go to the Supreme Court might be a possibility. But there just seems to be a whole lot of fear in Washington over Donald Trump, and the left doesn't know how to react. And that's why you see those asidine scenes of the left and Chuck Schumer and Maxine Water is yelling and screaming, We're gonna win, win, win, We're not gonna know the dose and all that. It's like, if you have nothing to be worried about, why are behaving that way? What are you hiding? So we'll see Trump is a sli as a fox. He's dropping four or five political bombshells a day, and the left doesn't know where to go to put out these alleged fires like this one. He just casually droped with Benjamin Nett, yahoo Prime Minister of Israel in the White House two days ago, that you know, we're gonna buy Gaza, We're gonna buy the Gaza strip and we're gonna try. It's gonna be big. It's gonna be huge, and all of a sudden people are just are going crazy. What do you mean he's gonna buy Gaza? Do we want our tax dollars bought over there? Do you want to own Gaza? I don't want any of my tax dollars going to Gaza or to buy Gaza place is a mess. It's going to take trillions of dollars to rebuild that. But nevertheless, that's what he wants to do. And maybe slies a fox. There's a deal in the deal where somebody else comes in and does that work for us? I don't know somebody that might have standing by to join us live. Doctor Ossif Romerowski is the executive director of an organization called the Scholars for Peace in the Middle East SPME. He is a Middle East historian, holds a PhD in Middle East in Mediterranean Studies from King's College that would be in the UK, and has published a number of things widely various aspects of the Arab Israeli conflict and American's foreign policy in the Middle East. And his is a voice I think we need to hear on this because I'm not quite convinced just by seeing some of the things that he's written that he thinks this is a good idea. Nevertheless, let's find out for sure. Here he is, doctor Ossif Romerowski. Doctor, how are you on this glorious Thursday.
Speaker 7: Wonderful? Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're here because I think when Donald Trump, President of the United States, said a couple of days ago that the US would take over Gaza, remove Debried tunnels, take out all the explosion, the device that we're there, and basically turn it into it seemed like in his mind some sort of resort area. Uh. Not only was I caught guard by that, but I was looking at the expression on the face of Benjamin Netanyahu. Would he looks surprised too? Were you surprised when the President said that?
Speaker 10: Well, I mean, I think it's very very Trump, you know, and fits his personality.
Speaker 7: I think that Trump, in.
Speaker 10: His own mind would like to bring a cessation, you know, an end to it, to violence, and bring the end of the war and see where it goes. I think that he has been you know, we've we've been hearing comments over the past week or so about transferring of populations One other idea that was floated around was the idea of Albania and Tanzania.
Speaker 7: You know, I think that those are all a lot of wishful thinking.
Speaker 10: It's not a it's not unheard of that the idea that you know, again from a an actual security and and a logistical standpoint, Israel cannot afford to live with the current situation and Hamas being their neighbors. So they've built for twenty years this network of terror tunnels and somebody needs to cleanse that in order to rebuild Gozom now moving out the population one point eight population out of Gozom. It's clearly not simple when you talk about the you know, the kind of the conversation regarding the communities or the countries that would be amenable to that or should be amenable to that. When we talk about Jordanians and Egyptians, Gazms are.
Speaker 7: Historically, ideologically, culturally, politically Egyptians.
Speaker 10: But let me remind you and your listeners that when under the Body and Administration there was conversation about when it came to RAFA about having free having safe zones in the Egyptian side. The Egyptians of course bulked at all of this, and the Egyptians have been somewhat complicit through the tunnel system as far as the oxygen that allowed to come into Gaza through the tunnels, the funds come outs and whatnot, so to catch twenty two. But I think that all of this relates to my mind, and I think that this is part of the somewhat state craft that Donald Trump puts out there, as far as carrots and sticks, as far as trying to shake up the narrative, as far as what was traditionally done and what can be done in order.
Speaker 7: To start a conversation that is different. I think it also signals to the.
Speaker 10: Our world and the our Palestinians in particular that there is a new sheriff in town. I'm saying they're going to be done differently, but at this point we have not seen any details, so where there's a lot of guessing at this point, and so what he actually means by that.
Speaker 1: Well, not just that area of the world. The world seems to be a better place when there is a strong United States, and unfortunately over the last four years we haven't had that mentioned. The new sheriff in town, and I agree with that. I mean, he's not on the job three weeks and all of a sudden, you know, he's talking about something that is absolutely out of the box. No one had ever thought about before. And you know, quite frankly, the last four years, I'm not sure what we did but build some aborted dock that was going to lead into the Gaza Strip that, if I'm not mistaken, sunk. So the stronger the United States is, the less volatile the world is. Would you agree, well, one hundred percent.
Speaker 10: And I think that what we have lost over the past four years, and I would actually go back to the Obama administration from my vantage point to my way of thinking, that we have lost the sense of deterrence. There's been a policy of appeasement and attempts through what the Obama slags Biden policy makers have come up with as far as realignment, those kind of policies have backfired. And going back to the current situation, the head of the HYDRA is the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Speaker 7: This has been the multi front war with Iran.
Speaker 10: Under the Biden administration, they have been able to release sanctions in the tone of one hundred and forty billion dollars. And so now that we are re entering once again maximum pressure regarding sanctions on Iran and the change in the world. There needs to be a re establishment of American deterrent and clear red lines. And Israel's war, the fact of the matter is also America's war. The enemies of Israel's fighting is also American enemy. And so to your point, the stronger we are, the stronger we stand by our allies, the better we are off in the world public states.
Speaker 1: But there were people that live there. They might have been the sworn enemy of Israel. But the fact of the matter is there were people that lived there and nobody wanted them. Egypt did not want them. There was no country in that region that one of the Palestinians. When this became an all out war shortly after October seven, a couple of years ago, what are those people? Where do they go? Because you think they're going to stand by Idaly and watch Donald Trump come in with some construction company and build a bunch of high rises on the Mediterranean Sea.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think that that's going to happen. But let's be clear.
Speaker 10: Obviously, the origins of this conflict are been in over seven decades and the existence of Arab Palestinian refugees is a byproduct of Arab policies that happened, you know, in forties forty in the forties, and the argument back then during Israel's War of Independence forty eight forty nine was and the message that I'm paraphrasing here, they told the inhabitants of the area, the Arabs leave once we eradicate design identity to their narrative quote, then you could come back to your area. When that did not happen, they know, this so called refugee probably came about and day by design refused, they meaning the Arab world, Jordan and Egypt, the Rock Syria to take them in at citizens.
Speaker 7: To keep them in a stateless spasis in orders.
Speaker 10: For them to remind the world and the democratic Western world that these so called refugees are a result of Israeli in Western aggression. And so that has been a calculated narrative but they've created in order to create the story that's been going on for seven plus decades. And in addition to that, which is more nefarious, you have a UN agency known as UNRUM, which has been the gate keeper of those very refugees, and they're the ones post ten to seven, as we all saw, have been complicit with Amas.
Speaker 7: They are come us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know you mentioned just a few minutes ago Hamas only exists in its form because of Iran. I mean, the real head of this whole thing is Iran. And Iran has been allowed to run away unfettered over the course of the last certainly the last four years, but eight of the last twelve years. And I guess, I guess the question to someone who is less schooled in these kinds of issues than I am, my question to you would be, how do these then two people exist side by side. We know what it has looked like over the last forty years, but it would kind of be like the United States bordering Russia. I mean, we know what that would be like. This is kind of the same way. So let's just say that this is nothing more than a way for Donald Trump to get everybody on the same page, in the same room and say, look, this nonsense is going to stop, and it's going to stop. Now, how does it go forward with anything that would be something that would be absolutely without question acceptable to Israel. Let's not forget was attacked on October seventh in twenty twenty three, How do we go back to these two countries, if indeed it is wherever the Palestinians go and Israel living in some sort of closeness in this world, how does it go back to that?
Speaker 10: Look, that's the age old question and it's been going on for plus seven plus decades. As far as the oregon of the you know, the Israeli Palestinian dynamic, the difference is that the Arab world has changed, you know, as a result of what Trump did in the last administration, we've seen normalized ties with Israel and other Arab countries.
Speaker 1: That's all very positive.
Speaker 10: The Israeli Palestinian dynamic is in particular a unique case study. And to your actual point, which is you know, very well taken, Israel can't afford to live with Hamas. If Hamas was the objective of the eradication of Tamas was the goal of ten to seven is still the goal, and of course releasing the hostages and so inn Islamist terrorist organization where Israel lives through a modern day Holocaust, and for the past fifteen months, it's unacceptable.
Speaker 7: In a non starter.
Speaker 10: So the number one step really is to disentangled whatever one can from the civilian population, such as it is from Ramas, and that's step number one. And unless you do that, you're here. You're still going to be creating. And look if you look at the environment today and how the theater of the release of the hosckyges, where Hamas feels empowered and they see it as a victory.
Speaker 7: If Hamak comes out of the tunnels and the day after tomorrow's scenario and they are alive and well, is Eripe has failed and so of we.
Speaker 10: And so the point is that to begin the conversation about any of this is also defining the population and eradicating from us, you know, devastating lake Israel has done with Hazabella.
Speaker 7: And so these are all part of the first challenges.
Speaker 10: And then the bigger question is going to lead to You have a very weak, pales stinting author. You have an octagenarian leader Mahmouda Bases in his eighties serving you know, serving his twentieth year of a four year term. And the question is really who's and you know, who are actually you dealing with?
Speaker 7: So with Trump.
Speaker 10: Trying to change the calculus of this equation and trying to say I'm offering carrots, I'm offering six and you know, basically implying that there's going to be money to rebuild gods and how it all looks like. There also has to be a definition and an understanding of who your partners are. To date, Israel has no partner to negotiate with, and especially highlighted the fact that i'mas is still over the border. So that's step one before anything. Let's you know, there has not been really negotiations around any kind of negotiating table for years, and let's not forget that to get to ten seven, it took Hamas twenty years to build that Terrior tunnel infrastructure. So they've been playing the long game, funded by the Iranians. And so those are all the challenges that we need to tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doctor asofrom A Rescue, our guests, we're talking about the Middle East. We're talking about Donald Trump, who wants to basically take over the Gaza strip. Doctor Romanowski. Romerowski is the executive director of Scholars for Peace in the Middle East. You said, you you really hit an interesting point, and I think spot on a couple of minutes ago. How do you separate the everyday people that lived in Gaza, many of which were taken hostage either physically or philosophically by Hamas. How do you separate them from Hamas and then eradicate Hamas? You know, everybody you said, well, the idf net Yahou just should have finished finished it off. He was hampered, of course by Biden. Biden wouldn't give him what he needed. But how do you how do you do that? How do you separate the people that are intent in causing terror and destruction in that part of the world from the everyday people, many of whom just want to walk around and live their lives. How's that accomplished?
Speaker 10: So that's the challenge, and that's the question of who that entity is going to be to deal with. I mean, look, the reason we're able to devastate Hamas, and I would say that Gaza is pretty much, you know, you know, close to you know, we're on the five yard line as far as you know, eighty five percent of Hamas being devastated. But that's because of human intel that the Israelis have given up, you know, back in two thousand and five when they left Gas up to begin with, and now they're you know, re establishing you know, again intel human intel as well as other kind of cyber intelligence and whatnot. You have to deal with the leadership and its proxies all around, and then you have to deal with the population, and that's going to require a significant amount of a you know, going through a series of background checks and affiliations and whatnot. Hamas, you know, the Hamaths, like many of these system as groups, and this is the biggest challenge as an entire charwer of will Wing. They do meals on wheels, they do they do social services and whatnot, and so from the perspective because of Palestinian authority, it's so weak Tamasa's attractiveness to Palestinian society and gaza that it's still devoid. And so they have a difficult time, you know, disengaging themselves from Hamas, who has been taking care of them.
Speaker 7: But Hamas has also been abusing them.
Speaker 10: They've they've been taking their homes away, they've been trying they've been taking the foods and services and stealing them at highway robbery and selling them back to the Palestinian population. So for the population to start trusting any entity that's part of the entity that is yet to be created, to start creating, you know, a division between Hamas Allegiance and Hamas members and other inflummist groups that are part of Gazam, and you know, trying to maintain the integrity of a civilian population that needs to be re educated and you know, and to talk about, you know, what are the building blocks of trying to change the narrative that they've been taught for years and decades that Israel has no right to exist and the Jews are sons of pigs and monkeys.
Speaker 7: That entire narrative needs to shift.
Speaker 10: And that's the same narrative that they feel about the West at large.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're absolutely right. This is a cultural thing. It's not going to be settled by somebody going and look, who knows what comes of what the President said. I admire him for thinking outside the box and certainly the way he's dealt internationally with Mexico and Canada on tariffs. We'll see what he does with China. But I think this is something that is going to require a lot of time on task because, as you said, this has been going on since the late forties. This isn't some phenomena that has occurred in the last couple of years, doctor Romeo Rawski, How can we find you? What do people find you? You sound like you're well versed in this and you certainly have been on me all over the country and have been published as well. Where can people find you?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 10: Stme's website is stme dot org and my website is my last name, r O m I r Owsky dot com. And that's where I you can see my work and the work that we do all over the places.
Speaker 1: It's been a pleasure doctors. Stay well, Okay, I tell people this that have a lot of good things to say, Stay well. We need to hear your voice. Thank you, Thank you as little. I appreciate it absolutely. It's complex problems require thought, no easy solutions, and that ain't breaking news. Two thirty News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: You know we have the cat sudyce to get it done, and I know you know I want to make it happen.
Speaker 1: Everybody involved, Trey t Jamar, Mike g we all want to stay together.
Speaker 8: So they said, hey, we need you to restructure.
Speaker 9: It's something you would consider not knowing what the numbers are you belong to lease have that type of conversation to keep the core guys together, of.
Speaker 8: Course, got it? Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: That's the new general manager of the Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Can't fight laying it on him.
Speaker 1: Fig isn't he ken? Oh my god? FS one Mike Brown sitting in that corner suite at pay Stubb Stadium saying what we have here?
Speaker 12: He knows full well that the entire fan base loves him way more than they do anybody in the front office. And so if he puts puts the pressure on him, they're gonna either fold or not well.
Speaker 1: And and he and and he threw Mike g into that. He threw Gaseki into that too, So it's you know what he's it's they They don't have to negotiate with anybody except Burrow. Where's your posse? How much did they want? And then we'll figure out how to pick a corner. You can actually stop somebody.
Speaker 8: Defer, defer, defer. He was on f S one, ESPN and I think he was on CNN. He's I mean he was then than Trump is. Yeah, he's like like unbelievable and everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're in this town. There could be Joe Burrow day, like Bobby Bonia day into twenty one two.
Speaker 9: That's true, He's gonna he's gonna get paid more than Ken Griffy. Do you want to if if Red's paid him what ten years after the fact at least?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Griffy, they just stopped paying Griffy two years ago.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, they're still paying Bania what for?
Speaker 1: Either what?
Speaker 8: Ten years? Or unbelievable?
Speaker 1: Andy Macker? Maybe Mike Brown the first some of his payments too. You know what, Wait a minute, works.
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe he'll get the county tell what whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 12: We can take some of that gambling money that Dwine wants to increase the raid on and fork that over to t Higgins.
Speaker 1: Nobody ever asked Mike Dwane what his favorite online betting app is. That's my first. Are you a Graft Kings guy, a fan duel guy or ESPN bet guy? Where is it with you, Mikey? That's what I would have asked for at MGM.
Speaker 8: He would be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you have Ohio State or Oregon in that playoff game? David Well? I like, well, you know, so, Rocky, good to see you, Good to see you as well, said good to see you as well. Tam Here Ken we have it's a big night in the NFL. We have the awards ceremony. Joe Burrow has already said he doesn't expect any awards tonight, even Comeback Player of the Year. But Rocky I think he would run candidate for that, wouldn't you He would be a strong candid.
Speaker 8: I think he'd be a strong candidate for that.
Speaker 12: I mean with the injury he had, and then you could make more than a strong enough case that he could have won m v P this year. Yep, with a defense that was a lackluster and some you know, run game that wasn't exactly their offensive line that wasn't the best in the league, and perform the way he did.
Speaker 8: Give it to him.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, Seig What else is going on in sports here that's pertinent to what we need to know as a society.
Speaker 9: Ken Brewdie Stood Reporters A proud service of your local tem Star Heating in their conditioning dealers temp Star quality you could feel in beautiful Milford, the home.
Speaker 1: Of one Main Gallery and Little Miami Brown.
Speaker 9: Right down the street is Baker Heating at five one three eight, three, one fifty one twenty four. What thank you we are see Super Bowl update brought to you by Stone Statements. Make your dream kitchen come to life today visit stones Statements dot com.
Speaker 1: You know the kitchen it look like seg You know how that could come to life.
Speaker 12: If they were Sam Anderson naked in there and making flapjacks.
Speaker 1: Well, now you're talking. What I'm telling you is is somebody else cooking in that kitchen besides me? That would make my dream kitchen come to long.
Speaker 8: There you go, there you go. Yeah, you'd have a big kitchen like the Food Network.
Speaker 1: That's exactly I'd be the Emerald Lagassi of Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Bam Bam, Super Bowl fifty nine Sunday, Chiefs and Eagles.
Speaker 8: Who you got there? Ken Brew?
Speaker 1: Well, I got I got a craft beer from Little Miami. Oh you know?
Speaker 8: Okay, Oh I'm sorry, okay, sorry, No.
Speaker 1: I love the Eagles. I think the Eagles are a terrific team. I think they can shorten the possession of Kansas City. I don't think and we go, yeah, I don't think they can get I don't think the Eagles can get to thirty points. And even though the Chiefs have only a clips thirty, I believe once this season. I just think the Chiefs are more diverse. They'll figure out a way not to let Barkley beat them. I'm looking at Kansas City. Why, here's what's going to happen. Tell me if I'm crazy. I know I am, but just tell me if I'm crazy about saying them. The Chiefs win the Super Bowl, Travis Kelsey gets down on one knee in the field with a ring and ask Taylor Swift to marry him, and she says, no, that's what I'm predicted. On Sunday, the world will end. And he's got to say, no, what do you I'm not marrying you? He what too much? Yeah?
Speaker 8: That where she tells him to quit. Yeah, yeah, well I'll marry you.
Speaker 12: But you're right, you must give up this silly game of football and.
Speaker 1: You must fly with me on my jed to the next tour that I have, which will encompass the next five years. He could tune her guitar. I bet you he could tune her guitar.
Speaker 9: But I'm just hey, hey, hey, hey, we're not in safe harbor. Come on, Buck, iys coach Buck Eye, coach Ryan Day a new seven year deal today, twelve and a half million.
Speaker 8: They become He's.
Speaker 1: Buy out after the next year.
Speaker 9: Second they he becomes the second highest paid college coach in America behind Georgia's Kirby Smart twelve.
Speaker 1: And a half a year. Yeah, they must have. They must got a lot of nil money up there. They just might. They just I'm not saying for him. I'm just saying to get him to do that for that money, they must have a lot of nil money. We don't know.
Speaker 8: They had twenty two million last year. They lost seven million in athletic department this year.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, I don't find it.
Speaker 9: Don't worry somehow Red's pitchers and catchers reports a spring training camp on Monday, Ken Brew, don't be late.
Speaker 1: I'm not you know what. Yeah, they're picked to finish dead last in the division this year. Did you see that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: Bye bout by a bunch of people. I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 9: One of them said that the Reds pitching stands come runs this year.
Speaker 8: I'll take that. Where's fan duel or whatever, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: You look though, at the standings right that that that they had there. They're all kind of bunched up. Every team in that division. I mean, I think there's only six or seven games separating Glass from first. So my theory is.
Speaker 8: I think it's going to be close all year long.
Speaker 1: If that's the case, then come trade deadline time, we'll know how much the Reds front office, in particular their ownership, wants to win, because if they're that close by deadline time, you got to go out and spend money and get a bat. If they don't do that, then that tells you a lot too.
Speaker 8: Good point.
Speaker 1: Anybody disagree with me?
Speaker 8: Not at all?
Speaker 12: No, Okay, former red z out feelers big swings can let's go.
Speaker 8: Bengals need to make some big swings too.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, trade up in the in the draft, do something, do something different.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask, Let me ask both of you guys. You ever heard this song before this one?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Said you heard the song right?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. Guess who's playing that guitar. A man by the name of William Bruce Rose. They call him Axel Rose. And today Axel Rose turned sixty three years old.
Speaker 8: How about that? Wow?
Speaker 9: Last hour it was Rick Ashley and what's sixty sixty fifty nine fifty nine? Axel Rose is sixty three. I think he's with a C D C now is and still playing. Are they another farewell tour?
Speaker 1: And whenever they do that? But he he joined them like ten years and will.
Speaker 12: Tell you what when they came to Paul Brown Stadium in twenty fifteen, Ken Brew and my dad went to it. It was right there in front of the stage. Unbelievable show they put on.
Speaker 1: No I know that. Actually, I don't think he's playing this. I don't think he's playing this song that Mike Kid. That might come as a shock to the rest of the group, but he is their lead singer.
Speaker 12: I was gonna say, I didn't think I was gonna I thought it was a trick question. I assumed it was Slash that was playing the guitar.
Speaker 1: In fact, it is Slash. The words come out sometime, you know, rock and you just can't grab him back. But it is. It is Axel Rose birthday today, So happy birthday.
Speaker 8: Happy birth from what is like Lafayette, Indiana or something.
Speaker 1: He's from up in that way, yeah, that way of the country. Absolutely, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Who gets into the Hall of Fame tonight? Seg who you're banking on?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I hoping big Willie does too, but I don't know. He is the highest. He has the best odds of any lineman going in according to the North Carolina Betting Association. We gambling is big in North Carolina. But he's a twenty five percent to get in. But I agree with you, Rock Kinkley gets in.
Speaker 8: Gets in. I'm blue good for him.
Speaker 1: Let me ask this. I got one other questions I want to ask, why are the Democrats so ben out of shape about Elon Musk doing it? He dive into things like USA Aid and every other you know, spending that's just wasteful in this country. What are they trying to hide, Rocky? What are they trying to hide the Dems.
Speaker 12: It's amazing because first of all, the crowd will no one elected Elon Musk? Yeah, but you TRUPI aligned himself with Elon Musk way way back, so you knew you were gonna get him. He has no legislative or executive power. He is told by the President find the waste is using AI. He's got this team can of like twenty something year old guys like whiz kids, Okay, that are going in using AI finding all this corruption and he's bringing to the president's attention.
Speaker 8: How could What is the problem with that.
Speaker 1: When somebody says he wasn't elected. I got two words for him, Tony Fauci, who turned this country upside down and halfway sideways? And what do we get out of it? Bengo. So you don't give me that he wasn't elected. Yeah, but they're scared. They're trying to. They're trying to they're scared of something coming out. There really are a lot of them. You look at somebody told me Chuck Schumer's worth eighty one million dollars. It's a guy that got his law degree in nineteen seventy five. I don't think he ever worked in the private sector.
Speaker 12: Now, that's why I think they're scared, and they're trying to put a stop to it because I know they're on the.
Speaker 9: Nancy Melos's husband and that it's like all these these stock deals and stuff.
Speaker 1: That dude might as well have the New York Stock Exchange as his legal address.
Speaker 12: What if Trump balances the budget solely on finding ways, will that be the greatest accomplishment in the history of the presidency.
Speaker 8: It may happen.
Speaker 1: Tariffs and then you got you got our buddy Tommy Tubberville today introducing a piece of legislation that says, no tax on social Security benefits. You're going to get double taxed right now. You're getting double tax no tax on social security benefits, which I said just a little while ago. For a guy that said go to hell get a job, that's really a growth point for it.
Speaker 12: Yes, he's showing growth, he's showing gross yeh.
Speaker 1: Because I got Eddie and Rock you're coming up at three oh five. I realize all I am is is a bridge, a conduit. I'm just somebody that can get us from one part of the broadcast in or the other without anybody getting hit by a boat. Just wondering what's coming up Rock at three oh five you and your aging side.
Speaker 12: Well, he is still on his cruise with one dev Haas. Yes, he went to Antarctics, one of those nude cruises in the Antarctic.
Speaker 8: Guess is that right?
Speaker 12: Clothing not completely optional, it's actually frowned upon.
Speaker 1: Wow, cover those appenditures up. You don't want to get That's it.
Speaker 12: But so so he's Jason Williams and I we will be coming right.
Speaker 8: Out King of the Inquiry. Baby, start with a little stadium discussion.
Speaker 12: He had a great article today on a good idea I think in terms of trying to figure out this whole stadium. Who's going to pay for a situation? Bring in some outside people. Yeah yeah, just keep taxing you.
Speaker 1: By the way, despite the good ideas, the people that will pay for that will be the good denizens of Hamelin County.
Speaker 12: I got a good idea. Bring Elon Musk and the team of whiz kids down. You go find all the corruption, all the waste will spend in Hamil County, and you'll pay for the stadium with it deep.
Speaker 1: Into Hamlin County. Bring the boys in, let's go. Well say, we should probably go because we're still in the way of greatness here.
Speaker 8: That's true ken Brew.
Speaker 9: In honor of a nice day here in the tri State, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 8: Hey, thanks for having me on, guys. I've checked the deals in ratings, and it's about time you had me back instead of the battle out mouse you've had on the past couple of weeks both.
Speaker 1: So have me back always little.
Speaker 9: More, because the people who love the Wizard, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'll see you, guys, later.
Speaker 8: Then when Tom Gamble and what does get?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is the opening act in the Elon Lounge at the Trump Plaza Tower on the Mega Gaza Strip.
Speaker 9: Coming sooner, veg Vegas Gaza.
Speaker 1: You boys stay, We have a sphere there too. Yeah. I got to get out of here. It's the Early Bird Special coming up. That's an hour, good going, all right, happy hours amongst us Rocky and Eddy. Your next on seven hundred WLW