Speaker 1: Come on, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, We're back, we are bad. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, d.
Speaker 3: Ry Ryan, Oh yeah, stuck, Come.
Speaker 4: On, wake you wake your hands off? Sneaky Rob Ryan show checking in.
Speaker 1: On this Monday.
Speaker 4: I hope you guys had a great weekend wrapping up the rodeo and doing all those types of fun things and then fambointed.
Speaker 1: We get to rain this morning. It looks like that's it.
Speaker 4: I see around twenty percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy today.
Speaker 1: Hi have eighty four. But if you slept through it, good for you.
Speaker 4: But man, let me tell you it was coming down, washed away some of that crud off my vehicle.
Speaker 1: What do we gotta do today?
Speaker 4: Well, guess what hashtag Monday selfie is back. I get a chance to see we get a chance to see you guys show Federal Credit Union picture of the Possibilities. Got a chance for you to win one hundred dollars just for putting a picture on our Facebook page. How cool is that? Of course, it's Mils Monday. Now we gotta pick up with Kenny the cash man. Kenny is it's only going for win number two.
Speaker 1: Fresh out of bed. Head to head he played last Thursday.
Speaker 4: So we'll get Kenny back on. Can you beat him? He's an eight time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: I believe live Collective Soul Our Lady Pieces on that bill. You know they're one of my favorites. Tickets are on sale now. That show is August fifteenth.
Speaker 4: I've got tickets for you on the fun Fact flashback again, going back to last Thursday, the Texas Hammer Game at seven twenty and a bunch of other concert tickets in there. We're gonna be busy. We're gonna be busy today. We got a lot of cutching up to do. Good morning, Alex, Good my rod What are Houston's headlines? What we're gonna looking like?
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty five Houston Rodeo season came to an end last night. Rodeo Director of Strategic Communications Danielle Grossman said that the event set an all time attendance record with two point seven million people wow, and that the event also broke eleven auction records. The money, in part, is used to support the Rodio's historic twenty eight million dollar donation to Texas Youth and Education programs. More than thirty five thousand volunteers helped make the event possible. This year hell of a year for the Houston Rodeo.
Speaker 1: Yeah great.
Speaker 5: In some less fun news, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has faced significant criticism within his party after supporting a Republican led spending bill designed to avert a government shutdown. Progressive figures, including Senator Bernie Sanders and Representative Alexandrio Acassio Cortes have openly criticized Schumer's leadership. Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has also expressed dissatisfaction with Schumer's actions, suggesting that his decision undermines the party's efforts to present a unified front against the current administration. Despite the backlash, Schumer has stated that he will not step down.
Speaker 1: Under any circumstances.
Speaker 5: The Earth's population may be way bigger than we thought it was. The UN says that the earth population is around eight point two billion people, but a study in Finland found that we might be undergoing rural or undercounting rural populations by a lot. They didn't give a number, but there may be billions more people than what the official numbers reflect. Shout out to people being being around.
Speaker 1: Are we like a couple hundred short of what we think? Or billions? Is it a billion off? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Anywhere from one to a billion or one to multiple billions, So kind of a wide range there, But it looks like there's a lot more people than we thought.
Speaker 1: Counting it's tough, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it makes me happy that, like other people that are smarter than me are bad at counting, because I'm bad at counting too.
Speaker 4: So what do you say, like right now, if somebody said how many people are on the planet? A lot, I say seven billion.
Speaker 6: Because that would just say a lot.
Speaker 1: I think it's seven billion. But the easy answer is billions, billions. That's all you gotta say.
Speaker 4: It's how many billions? Daddy? How many billions?
Speaker 1: I don't know A lot of billions? Say is sixty seven seven more than you can county? That's what I would say. They don't know, No one knows, how should I know.
Speaker 5: In entertainment news, Joe Gotto from the TV show Impractical Jokers has been accused of sexual assault by one woman and sexual harassment by another. Godo denied the assault claim, but did admit to using poor judgment. Last Thursday, a woman went on TikTok and accused him of sexually assaulting her back in twenty twenty three when she was nineteen years old. She claimed that the incident happened after Joe and his wife had reconciled following a separation. Godo did deny the claim, but may not be denying that something happened, saying quote, I used poor judgment and as a result, I have violated the trust of the people that I love most. I'm working on myself and it's an ongoing process. I'm now going to take some time away from the public eye to focus.
Speaker 1: My energies where I need to.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is like I'm around Marshmall and this is impractical. Jokers gets like a little uptick because it's on after the games on True TV, and like this is just like the timing of this coming out is I just don't Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like I've never come across Oprah's network. I've never even passed it in my guide, and I don't come across True TV.
Speaker 5: Do you every March where I'm watching Mark, Yeah, I was getting I was packing up some stuff over the weekend and I was watching like after a game ended.
Speaker 1: I it was pretty funny stuff, pretty funny show. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just never come across in practical jokers to kind of watch a minute of it.
Speaker 1: Shine Down game.
Speaker 5: As an update on their upcoming album, It's not done yet, but the eighth studio album from the band is getting closer to completion, with lead vocalist Brent Smith saying it's about eighty five percent done. The upcoming release follows their twenty twenty two album Planet Zero, and even though it's not done, the band has already released two singles from the album, three six five and Dance Kid Dance that You're listening to right now. No word on how long that last fifteen percent will take, as no release date has been hinted at yet.
Speaker 6: Those are used since headlines.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you want to talk to some college basterball. Sure do, buddy, Let's go well.
Speaker 5: The NCAA Tournament second round came to an end last night on Saturday. U of H and Texas Tech both advanced to the Sweet sixteen. They're gonna face Perdue and Arkansas, respectively in the next round.
Speaker 1: Yesterday.
Speaker 5: Florida Duke, Alabama, Michigan State, Kentucky, Ole Miss Maryland, and Arizona all punched their tickets to the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 1: It was a weekend without a ton of upsets.
Speaker 5: I guess Colorado the twelfth seed was probably the biggest upset. We almost had one in the Maryland game last night, but Maryland had a pretty sweet buzzer beater to stop that from happening.
Speaker 1: In Colorado State to keep going again.
Speaker 5: In the NBA, Rockets fell to the Nuggets one sixteen to one eleven.
Speaker 6: That ended what had been a nine game winning streak.
Speaker 5: There's still the two seed in the Western Conference playoffs right now. They're gonna have a day off for playing the Hawks tomorrow night at Toyota, Sin. The Astros beat the Nationals eight to six yesterday in their spring training finale. They're gonna open up the regular season on Thursday when they the Mets at dyke In Park.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on. Quick, all right, here we.
Speaker 1: Go, Here we go. Four hours of pain.
Speaker 4: Busy, busy, busy morning phone lines open, Chilli can't wait to get you on the phone seven one, three, two, two nine. If you want the first phone call of the day, you might set the tone for the whole week of the show because you plan on being here all week? All right, yeah, all five days this week. I already promised that. All right, let's go.
Speaker 1: Damn. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Shit fuck Dance by.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five bus Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Checking in and we are off and running Man the four Hours of Pain.
Speaker 1: It is our MILF Monday Show.
Speaker 4: And I think we've got a couple of weeks left of this Monday selfie.
Speaker 1: I know it's on today. I don't know how many more Mondays we've got.
Speaker 4: But show Federal Credit Union coming forward with some cast. Their whole thing this year is Picture the Possibility, So I mean, I don't know. Maybe they came up with that because of the Monday selfie. But a chance to win one hundred dollars on our Facebook page. All you gotta do is just drop a picture on there this morning. I haven't had a chance to go take a look yet, but I can't wait to see your bright, smiling faces this morning. Always I'm always listen. It's not mandatory. If it's a picture from this weekend and you went out to the rodeo for the last weekend or something, that's great. But if you can snap a photograph of you this morning and put that freshly face, that fresh face right there on our Facebook page, man, I'd appreciate it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: So it's at rod Ryan Show. You guys can find us on Facebook, right, Okay, So that's off and running.
Speaker 1: Hi everybody there, you are, there, we are.
Speaker 4: I see Chili's got us up and running on Facebook Live. You can see the show and everything how it's unfolding.
Speaker 1: There's my friend Alex over there.
Speaker 4: There's Chili doing all his work back to the grind, getting all this stuff up on the world famous rod Ryan Show page.
Speaker 1: At the buzz dot com. I was up. Did you did you sleep through the rain? Like the real wicked stuff? I woke up with uh, thunder to a little about two thirty yeah, two two thirty yeah, two o'clock. He jumped up on our bed.
Speaker 4: She was not having Yeah, two o'clock. It was nasty. It was really really bad. So to say I've been up since then, Yeah, for sure. I wasn't going back to sleep.
Speaker 1: You know, it was still raining a little bit this morning.
Speaker 4: There must be I mean, like everybody, I got about an inch thick of crud on my car, you know on that truck that yellow that oak is.
Speaker 1: It the oak? Yes? Pollen pollen gon that note, So hopefully that just kind of, you know, washed some of that away.
Speaker 4: Twenty percent chance of rain today and tonight mostly cloudy hive around eighty four.
Speaker 1: All right, quickly, it's.
Speaker 7: That time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go with Devin.
Speaker 8: Hey, Devin, good morning, Good morning, Happy Monday everyone.
Speaker 1: Happy Monday to you. Devin. How are you? I am wonderful, How are you great? Why are you up so early?
Speaker 7: I am on my.
Speaker 8: Way to work currently, But I wanted to give y'all a call and let you know that the Rise of the Roach tour was absolutely amazing on Thursday.
Speaker 1: I heard, I heard it was an excellent show.
Speaker 8: Papa Roach was fantastic live.
Speaker 4: Yeah did they did they play for I heard they played for almost two hours.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they had the I want to say they had the longest set under oath was I think they had maybe five songs? Okay, Papa Roach had a solid maybe ten maybe more.
Speaker 7: I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was Rise Against on it too?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: They were awesome? Yeah, yeah, Rise Against.
Speaker 4: Everyone was saying that they forgot how many great songs they had. Yeah, you know, sometimes you kind of forget sometimes if you you know, you hear like, you know, the top five ones that are played all the time, but then you hear another five that you're so yeah, you're so happy to hear it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: Somebody that understood the assignment was Captain Cody. He was one of our pit ticket winners and he sent a picture of him in the pit with Jacoby over his shoulder.
Speaker 1: So that's up on our Facebook page. I put that up yesterday. Yeah, I've been getting rave reviews on that. Devin.
Speaker 4: I wanted to go see them so bad. I heard they killed it. Can you tell me what was the What did the house look like? Ticket sales?
Speaker 7: It was pretty full.
Speaker 8: I was honestly kind of surprised.
Speaker 7: That there wasn't very many empty seats.
Speaker 4: Good, you were surprised at that, Okay, Yeah, the ticket sales were slow for a while there, and then it started to pick up, and then I thought they were gonna do like a big walk up. You got to compete with that damn Rodeo. And you're like, well, Rod, that's different music. It's just money. It's it's it's all money. Every single thing. You guys got to stop thinking about, you know, for types of music and everything. It's it's all competing for the same dollar that's in your wallet, you know. So I'm glad everyone has just absolutely said it was the show of the year. More than one person said that to me, which makes me barsh that I didn't go.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Devin. I appreciate If you got any great pictures to share, send them to me.
Speaker 4: Rod at the buzz dot Com on the flip gotta reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for our.
Speaker 9: Game Houston for Houston's Alternative and home at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five.
Speaker 4: But welcome back rod Ryan's Show on a Monday hashtag Monday selfie.
Speaker 1: You guys look good? You look good. How do I know this because I can see you on our Facebook page. You can see us.
Speaker 4: The show's live, We got the video component of the show. But then boom, we're doing our hashtag Monday selfie.
Speaker 1: It's back.
Speaker 4: Somebody's gonna walk away with one hundred bucks just for dropping a selfie on our page.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Twenty percent chance of rain nothing over that for the rest of today and tonight mostly.
Speaker 1: Cloudy pine today around eighty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the one we want. That's it, that is the one we want. Hi, Hello, alex Well trending Today.
Speaker 5: We got an Epcot fire at Disney's Epcot. It's sparked panic and evacuations for part guests.
Speaker 6: I guess you picked a good week to go because there.
Speaker 4: Were no fires when you were Yes, okay. Vanessa Trump is trending. Tiger Woods is dating Donald Trump's ex wife. Now he confirmed it. This is not just a rumor, Donald Trump Junior's ex wife.
Speaker 1: Right, did you say that?
Speaker 5: I said Donald Trump's I mean, I guess he's still Donald Trump, but just Donald Trump Junior.
Speaker 1: I think he got him definitely saying it's Junior's ex wife. Yeah, okay, yes, Donald Trump Junior. My bad, Okay, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tiger Woods confirmed that he is in fact dating her.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: And then Brett Gardner is trending. The former Yankee announced that his fourteen year old son, Miller, unexpectedly passed away after getting sick on a family vacation. The details are kind of he didn't really get into the details, but that's trending, right, now and it's a really really sad story to start the money. And that's what's trending on not even five to bus.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, what where we got? I'm gonna try.
Speaker 4: This, okay, oh the victory speed and you know what happens when I try thinks?
Speaker 1: Oh man, oh boy, all right, I'm gonna try.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody. This is eight time Hall of Famer Kenny the cash Man. You're fresh out of bed head to head one day winter. I'm sorry, but Danny had to go. I'm gonna make it this time and finally get over the hump. Join me on Friday when I make it win number two, bitches.
Speaker 4: So I do have I think I have everything fixed in the studio the way that it should be good. He actually laid that down on his phone and sent it in. I like that, and then of course here on Friday.
Speaker 1: So that's it.
Speaker 4: He's going for win number But thank you, Kenny. That sounded great. Uh seven one three two one two five nine four five. Kenny goes for two. You can take him on. He's an eight time Hall of Famer. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. The Rod Ryan shown ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five Buzz Good morning, brought Ryan Show, Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky rains over most of it. Anyways, it might be a little bit here and there. Twenty percent chance today and tonight mostly cloudy higher eighty four guys, we gotta go, and now.
Speaker 5: It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 4: Yo, Kenny, good morning. That was a pretty good sounding, uh victory speech.
Speaker 1: You pulled off. What do you got some podcasts studio over there?
Speaker 4: You do some podcast visual bitch about things?
Speaker 1: It really did. It sounded like a studio quality. It was very good. All right.
Speaker 4: I appreciate your patience. You're going for win number two? Yes, okay, who do we got against you?
Speaker 1: Arthur? Arthur? I can kidding it is this Arthur an sir champ are Arthur? Yes, sir Arthur, give everybody your resume. So last year I made it into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I did get beat on the first day, but prior to that, I am the best four day champ in a row.
Speaker 1: I think I got three four days in a row in one year.
Speaker 4: Kenny, He's the greatest four day champion ever, that's awesome at a time. Man, Yeah, I don't know. I mean, it's a weird thing. It's a sick brag. It's just it's a brag. I don't know, it's a brag. I don't know if it's a good one.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I probably got a dozen one pump jumps, so.
Speaker 4: I think there's probably John's over there crunching numbers. There as all kinds of substats on all you guys. All right, well, Arthur's a one time Hall of Famer, Kenny's an eight time Hall of Famer. All you got to do is shut out your name when you think you know the answer. You guys are playing for a rod Ryan show t shirt. Good look, here we go. All right, we're gonna be here all week. Guys, So you know someone's gonna play tomorrow Kenny and Arthur Alex. Could you really listen carefully?
Speaker 1: I sure will? You know they're good players here.
Speaker 4: Question number one, what Houston team has opening day? Kenny as the Astros, Which Houston team has opening day coming up at dyke In Park?
Speaker 1: It's when is that the condition Company? Yeah? Oh no, what is that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I said, when is that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I got that part down, Kenny, Thank you, Kenny. Yeah, he definitely got you on that one.
Speaker 1: Arthur. Let's go step out.
Speaker 5: Of the sports question, gave me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Here we go, next question, nonsports just happens. This is what came up here. This is Jill sending me some killer questions. Man, Thank you Jill.
Speaker 1: Which planet is known as the Red planet? Kenny?
Speaker 4: Arthur is louder than Kenny Mars.
Speaker 1: He got you, dude.
Speaker 4: Good game, man, he's quick say, gotcha on that, all right, Arthur.
Speaker 1: Good to have you back on all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, or in Kenny's case twenty nine, I don't know. There's a lot dude, people saying you miscounted.
Speaker 1: I hope not. You don't hope not. You're on now. Who cares.
Speaker 4: We're playing this game tomorrow, dude, you're playing tomorrow. You got you just added a rod Ryan Show's T shirt. Let's crank this, sucker up, dude, nice game today, Hang on the.
Speaker 11: Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Come ninety four, the Buys, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, Sublime and Santa Ria, Well, wakey, wakey, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 4: We got a twenty percent chance of rain mostly cloudy. Hive about eighty four you guys are looking great as always as I do a little scrolling.
Speaker 1: Hello Samantha, Hello Dwayne. Dwayne looks like he might be at work. James looks like it's a rodeo picture.
Speaker 4: There's Dallas, Daniel, Missy carry working out this morning.
Speaker 1: What am I doing?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm looking at you guys on our face book page and it's one of my favorite things. And it's just a little thing that we do, and it's huge that Shell Federal Credit Union came up big again for us. Chance to one one hundred dollars hashtag Monday selfie hit us up on Facebook. All right, the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody. It's eight time Hall of Famer Kenny the cash Man. Now you're fresh out of bed head to Head two day champion. Rod said, we're playing all week. I only need three more days, so join me on Tuesday when I make it win number three bitches.
Speaker 1: That was with my equipment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kenny's speech, Kenny speaks that he cut at home.
Speaker 1: Sounded better sink studio.
Speaker 4: Come on, guys, hey, we're going to do some fun facts and then I'm going to flash.
Speaker 1: Back and what sure I got it.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, we're gonna flashback the last Thursday for a chance to win in these live collected full tickets.
Speaker 1: But first, it's not a funk that to the day we make you look smart.
Speaker 4: You're here, buddies, it's the fun that to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, hell we're here today, Hell, ryy, Hi Rod, we're here. We're here, We're here right now. Hi, good to see you, bron't have to stand outside today. This is great.
Speaker 4: I brought in some fun facts for you guys today. When Pixar was editing Toy Story two, someone accidentally deleted a massive chunk of the movie. Miraculously, there was a backup. An employee was on maternity leave. It had been saved so that she could work on it from home. It's the only reason Toy Story two was saved.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing for babies. Yeah, yeah, great film.
Speaker 4: She was working Toy Story two. All the Toy Stories are great, all of them are two and.
Speaker 1: Three are good. And then after that it's like, what are you doing? Yeah, okay, it's not it's not as cool.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay. The first ever EP Okay, an EP was a shorter version of an LP, which is a long playing record. Okay, So it was just a band would put something out and it's like, well, we just kind of cobbled together this and we're just gonna call it an EP. And it wasn't. It wasn't as long as an album. Okay, five songs it could be, yeah, you know what I mean. This one had seven tracks on it, okay, which could have been an album. The first EP to ever reach number one on Billboards two hundred was Jarra Flies by Alison Chains in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 1: That is fun. It's like it's almost like one of those things.
Speaker 4: If you look at Nirvana's Unplugged, it seems like the greatest hits I mean, nutshells on there. No excuses I stay away.
Speaker 1: Now it's been more common in the last twenty years.
Speaker 4: I think about fifteen EPs now I've hit number one, have been number one albums. Finally, they always talk about money being filthy, captain cash being filthy, Cash cash is filthy. Now you just cash itself. The average one dollar bill has three thousand different types of bacteria on it, and yes.
Speaker 1: Traces of cocaine. That's neat.
Speaker 4: I always thought that was one of those weird things, traces of cocaine on dollar bills, It's very common.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart in front of your bodies. It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 4: I thought I was gonna get through a fun facts with no talk about poop, and I was wrong. By Live Collective Soul, Our Lady Piece, one of my all time favorite bands. August fifteenth, seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: This is just pounding hits.
Speaker 4: After hit after hit after hit with these bands. Okay, I gotta pay tickets for you right now.
Speaker 1: It's your fine.
Speaker 4: We gotta go back though. Thursday, March twentieth. Back in nineteen eighty three, before Michael Bolton was famous, he auditioned to replace this singer. Four he auditioned to be the lead singer of this band. I will take either one of those. Who is he going to be the replacement for I think that's probably the easiest angle seven one three, two, one two, five, nine or five. If I give you one of the other, it's going to give the other answer away. So I gotta keep both of those as a blank.
Speaker 5: It's now time for rock out with your stockout with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: There's the money guy. I told him to look it up. He didn't.
Speaker 4: Hi, I was, I'm gonna all right, let's go. How do we do on Wall Street yesterday? Or on Friday?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry Friday.
Speaker 12: Finally, after all that volatility, the Dow was up thirty two points. Okay, yeah, kickoff this morning at forty one eighty five, NASDAK up ninety two to seventeen thou sevent eighty four Benchmartin Your treasures trading at a four point two eight percent in oil stands at sixty nine dollars seventy cents a barrel to the most active, the big studs bowing Apple and Microsoft, the big duds Nike, Murk and Coca Cola on the Academic caundard this morning at numbers on manufacturing from March right now.
Speaker 1: Future are looking pretty good.
Speaker 12: They're on the upside, hanging on to this via pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 12: This is Halle and managed director with Ryman James Sporting for the ride on show from Raymond James on Sam Fleet and Augusta and Noviget Toys rock out.
Speaker 9: We'll just talk out Faman's expressed those aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates. Thank come ever, nat I I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 13: We'll continue.
Speaker 9: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your m This programs are educational and informational services on the Stones and Duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young and Finance ninety four.
Speaker 4: Fund Buzz welcome back.
Speaker 1: All right, we got.
Speaker 4: Nicoll up Hi Nicole by good morning, Good morning. Nineteen eighty three. Michael Bolton wasn't exactly the Michael Bolton that we've come to know.
Speaker 1: He was already kind of famous though.
Speaker 4: He was a rocker, and he auditioned to replace this gentleman as the lead singer in this band.
Speaker 1: I'll take either one of them. Ozzy Osbourne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had booted Ozzy out of Black Sabbath and they were looking for a replacement and Michael Bolton auditioned. He didn't get it. Ronnie James Dio got the gig. Nicole, you're the winner. You're going to see Live, Collective Soul and our Lady Peace.
Speaker 1: All right, that's awesome. Thanks for being a part of home this morning. Hey, thank you appreciated. Thank you. Have a great day.
Speaker 4: It's ninety four five the Buzz, ninety four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Miss Stellar. Rod Ryan's show MILF Monday.
Speaker 4: Monday selfie is going on on our Facebook page. I got the Texas Hammer game coming up at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: We'll get you into Shinedown.
Speaker 4: Alex was talking about shine Down new album, all that stuff coming up. Shinedown's coming to town with Bush and Morgan Wade August twenty seven, Toyota Center. You're gonna have to get through the Texas Hammer to get that. Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain. That stuff was nasty last night. Man, that was a hell of a storm at about two o'clock in the morning. I've been up since mostly cloudy today Hya eighty four.
Speaker 1: Alex has Houston's headlines. Well, good morning Rod, Good morning Home Room.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty five Houston Rodeo season came to an end last night. Rodeo director of Strategic Communications Danielle Grossman said that the event said an all time attendance record with two point seven million people.
Speaker 6: And that the event also broke eleven auction records.
Speaker 5: The money, in part is used to support the Rodeo's historic twenty eight million dollar donation to Texas youth and education programs. More than thirty five thousand volunteers helped make the event possible this year, So shout out to the Houston Rodeo.
Speaker 1: I went out there on Saturday. I promised my kid that I would take her and we went for a little bit.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the maybe it was an announcement that I wasn't a part of. But the ride game is next level over there now. I don't remember that many rides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like they probably stepped it up on Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just the whole footprint seemed bigger than ever before, so I'm not surprised they didn't that they broke records.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. It was awesome out there.
Speaker 5: Former US attorney Jessica Abar was found dead at her Alexandria, Virginia home on Saturday. Local police responded to a call about an unresponsive woman and discovered the forty three year old a bear at the scene. The Virginia Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death, and authorities have reportedly not found any signs of foul play, but sources say that they believe she died from a long standing medical issue. Abar was appointed by President Joe Biden and unanimously confirmed by the Senate in October of twenty twenty one, and led a team of three hundred prosecutors in staff. She resigned on January twentieth, and President Donald Trump took office.
Speaker 1: I knew that egg prices were high, but I didn't realize they were this high.
Speaker 5: Because CNN says that next month's annual White House Easter egg role is going to include corporate branding for the first time. If it has been a tradition on the South Lawn since eighteen seventy eight, and it's not the first time that it's had any type of sponsor, though the American Egg Board donates the eggs each year and others kick in money to avoid using taxpayer dollars, but it will be the first time that you'll be able to pay to have your logo prominent displayed.
Speaker 1: Like the Tostitos egg roll bowl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it would be like the worst run like the Viaga egg roll.
Speaker 1: You don't think they would do that. But I can't say that. I know that for a fact. I'm just said, depends on how much money they got.
Speaker 4: So bring in a sponsor. Yeah, pay for everything. I thought there was a lot of donations involved with that. I think that, I mean, I think there is. But then now you can get corporate to get in on it.
Speaker 5: An event company hired by the White House sent out a nine page document offering a different branding opportunity different branding opportunities with packages ranging from seventy five thousand dollars to two hundred thousand dollars. You can pay for things like naming rights for key areas or elements, logo featured on event sidage, and you can also get custom branded easter baskets. All the money's going to go to the White House Historical Association, nonprofit that works to educate people in the history of the White House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta, you gotta do that, Like, hey, we're where's this money going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's going to help educate people in the history of the White House, which seems weird because it's like the White House that's where the president lives educated, done, and then you can it also pays for the presidential portraits that you see it did did you see? This is just a side note and then we can move on. Remember we talked about they were selling those gold cards if you like, for a million dollars, like.
Speaker 6: You could be a citizen, like an immediate citizenship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a gold card to the US. Uh huh. They claimed that they sold a thousand of them in one day. He's not that hard to become a citizen.
Speaker 4: Do you have five million dollars at five at a million dollars apiece, that's five billion dollars raised.
Speaker 1: But again, there's so much being.
Speaker 4: Thrown out there that this isn't in any other presidency that would be like the lead story or this is just like oh yeah, that happened too. You can't keep up, and then you can kill the sponsors too.
Speaker 1: What time to be alive? Yeah, it's wild. It's why I can't keep up.
Speaker 5: In some sad news, legendary boxer George Foreman passed away on Friday night.
Speaker 1: He was seventy six.
Speaker 5: Foreman was a two time world champion and Olympic gold medalist who famously made a comeback in nineteen eighty seven at the age of thirty eight. He may have just as well been known as the spokesman for his George Foreman grills. You can burn your foot on those to watch out. I've heard about that.
Speaker 1: Foreman was married five times.
Speaker 5: He had twelve children, including five sons, all named George. He also named one of his seven daughters Georgetta. Mike Tyson tweeted, we did that. Foreman's contribution to boxing and beyond will never be forgotten. In music news, Elton John has some advice for up and coming musicians. He says, skip American Idol and play the pubs. Elton said that quote the experience stood me in great stead for when I became Elton John because I had a backbone, and backbone is so important because the worst thing that can happen to you in the industry are things like instant fame on television where you have no experience of playing live on a stage. You go and you can't do it. That's the worst thing. Take risks and go play a pub. He went on to call American Idol the worst he did. I mean, if you think about it, I don't I don't necessarily. I can see how I get the appeal. If you're an unknown, You're like, why would I not want to go show my talents on national TV?
Speaker 1: But how many American Idol.
Speaker 5: Winners can you name now that are still touring and doing things? Carrie Underwood, Oh yeah, I mean what did Ruben Satter do?
Speaker 1: Was he? How's he doing? Yeah?
Speaker 6: But you it was justin Gerini Kelly Clarkson, she's too.
Speaker 4: But you're starting your career on You're starting your career on third and a half base when you win, so a lot of times you get you have to do some stuff your yourself too.
Speaker 1: But I understand what he's saying. I think I said. I made some.
Speaker 4: Comment about Chapel roone two three weeks ago and I got tore up for it, and I'm like, you know.
Speaker 1: Did she grow up? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, do some of these people that are famous now, did they play the clubs?
Speaker 1: And did they do this? You know?
Speaker 4: I mean, we know the trajectory of the kids that came from Mickey Mouse. You know, we know what Britney Spears did, and we know that you know where some of these other Christina Aguileras came from.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You do get locked into those contracts where like you win, So here's your contract with the network or whatever the record company is, and now you have to do the American Idol tour that we're going to go on, and so now you have to do.
Speaker 1: That, and then all of that's where you learn how to play in front of people.
Speaker 5: But you should already kind of like if you're doing a pub where you have ten people there, you got to play to ten people. You learn how to play to ten people, and then you can learn how to make a thousand people feel like you're playing to ten people.
Speaker 1: Is there an opportunity?
Speaker 4: Is it only rock bands that play in pubs and clubs coming up?
Speaker 1: Is there a pop star place?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, there's okay, definitely there's areas. I'm sure country is that way too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess, but no, I mean, I get both sides, but I can absolutely understand what Elton John is saying.
Speaker 6: Ryeah, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk some college basketball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the NCAA Tournament, you of h and Texas Tech advanced to the sweet sixteen. On Saturday, they'll face Perdue in Arkansas in the next round. Yesterday, Florida, Duke, Alabama, Michigan State, Kentucky, Ole, Miss, Maryland, and Arizona all advanced to the sweet sixteen.
Speaker 6: It was a weekend without a ton of upsets.
Speaker 5: I guess Colorado State the twelve seed was probably the biggest upset story of the weekend. Then we head over to the NBA, where the Rockets fell to the Nuggets one to sixteen to one eleven last night. That ended what had been a nine game winning streak. They are still the two seed in the Western Conference and they're gonna have a day off before they play the Hawks tomorrow night back at Toyota Center. In baseball, the Astros beat the Nationals eight to six yesterday and their spring training finale. They're gonna open up the regular season on Thursday against the Mets at dyke In Park.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Okay, nice, you're gonna get into that seven o'clock hour. We're gonna play the Texas Hammer game closer to around seven twenty.
Speaker 1: For those shine doown tickets, stay am the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 4: The bus ninety four or five buzz killers. Mister Bright's side. That hit just right, seven oh nine.
Speaker 1: Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes.
Speaker 4: Got about a twenty percent chance of rain left throughout the day. That's gonna linger on till tonight. So they're just gonna keep that chance open. Crazy storms coming through here last night. Mostly cloudy today, but still gonna remain warm. Even when it was storming outside. What about two o'clock, two to two thirty. You said you caught it two o'clock.
Speaker 1: I was up. Uh, it was still like seventy degrees outside. I'm like, what's going on? Yeah? I thought it's gonna be nice and humid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, there you go that today that today, so mostly cloudy today, but I have eighty four.
Speaker 1: You guys look great. I'm looking at your photographs.
Speaker 4: Thanks to our good friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union got a little Uh. Their whole thing this year is picture of the possibilities. I wonder if we had something to do with that.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: We've been doing the Monday selfie for a while. Their whole their whole campaign this year is just can you picture the possibilities of working with them on these all these different initiatives and these great things that they help you out with over at Shell Federal Credit Union, and we're doing the Monday selfie thing.
Speaker 1: It's perfect.
Speaker 4: So one of you is going to win one hundred bucks. Carmen, you've already won. If that's my friend hard Body Kiati.
Speaker 1: Behind you, you.
Speaker 4: Don't need to win. That's the man right there. Hard Body Kiyati works down the hall, okay, at the Beat, and he is the hardest working guy. He does everything all right. He's the night guy over there. He is so great. I don't get to see him all that often in the building, but when he does come in, he always pokes his head in here and it's like we've known each other forever and we don't. But he's just such a great guy. And I'm just I'm in awe of his of his work, just because he's he's all over the place. You see Carmen's picture, that's that's hard Body Kiati a rocket at the rock of course he's at the Rockets game.
Speaker 1: Brandy, you look great.
Speaker 4: She's like, see, I don't always look like a bum, Brandy, you don't look like a bum. We're we're Brandy, Brandy, you look great. Stephanie sid Emily Betty May with a little flower crown. I love it, and maybe my favorite hippie thing. Probably the brawlest thing is my favorite hippie thing. The brawlest thing is number one. Flower crown number two when it comes to hippie culture. Christine Cynthia, A lot of you going after it today.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. Keep that going, keep the pictures coming in.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is just simply just drop a selfie of yourself on our Facebook page. Only Chili and Chili only would be the one that contacts you and let you know that you're the one hundred dollars winner.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else?
Speaker 4: Well, Shinedown tickets coming up on the Well, I might as well just do it. Came May to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it? Well, you gotta want it. You gotta want to go to Shinedown Bush Morgan Wade August twenty seventh at the Toyota Center. If that's something that you that you want, he just said, who wants it? If you want that, well, then you're gonna have to play the Texas Hammer game seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. Hammer's gonna spit some lyrics. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song to get into the Shinedown Show, Okay, Chili's Waiting seven one three, two, win two five nine four five, Houston's.
Speaker 1: Rocks, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Mornings.
Speaker 4: Thou Yeah, yeah, what's up? Welcome back everybody? All right, we're getting set with the Texas Hammer game. Alex is ready to go.
Speaker 1: He wants to tell you what's trending out there.
Speaker 4: As far as the rain, I see about a twenty percent chance of rain throughout the day and tonight, mostly cloudy, high of eighty four.
Speaker 1: But man, most the nasty stuff that was all last night.
Speaker 4: If you slept through it, good for you. Did your car get washed off?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I forgot? You are indoor parking right o?
Speaker 4: Man? A new place? Oh not new place? So you benefited of a free car wash last night.
Speaker 6: sUAS in the backlight truck, didn't know he's going to rain all the boxes got.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's good.
Speaker 4: Okay, Can I start yeah trending the Rod Running Show Facebook page.
Speaker 6: Oh good is trending Monday? Selfie?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Sheell.
Speaker 4: Federal Credit Union just dangling that hundred dollars out there. One of you is going to get one hundred bucks. That'll help you on a Monday, won't it. All you have to do is drop a selfie on our Facebook page, and so many of you are doing it, and it's great. It's one of those little, low key things that I really really love. It's just it's the small things in life now that make me happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, So I'll take the first one. What else, so you know what.
Speaker 6: Else I'll be on a Monday is milf Monday.
Speaker 4: I haven't Okay, don't tell chilime On all right, I'm gonna go look right.
Speaker 1: Now, Helen Ballart.
Speaker 5: That's how you pronounce it is sale to us by Jacob from sugar Land, And a lot of people have taken a look at her this morning at the World Finished Ride Around show page, the buzz dot com and then also twenty three and Me is trending. The DNA testing service is filing for bankruptcy, so now some place is gonna buy up all your DNA. So a good idea of giving your DNA to people that are probably just clone you to make you can make crimes. So that's what's training? I'm ignified the bus.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm over here with Helen Ballart. Oh yeah, yeah, buddy.
Speaker 4: Helen Bilart, mall coop, she's right. Did you talk after you talked about it? Oh yeah yeah, that too. Hying for bankruptcy. Someone's gonna buy them and then you're all gonna be clonical against you will.
Speaker 1: Where do you hit this?
Speaker 4: This is Dan Handler and it's time to play in the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: Hell Blars with Ron Ryan on ninety four. I'm waiting.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 1: I got shined down.
Speaker 4: We're gonna whip out some Bush and some Morgan Wade all one night, August twenty seventh, Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: Tickets on sale now. Everyone shinedown took out a guy that we weren't sure who he was.
Speaker 4: His name was Jelly Roll. So I don't know if that's what the Morgan Wade situation is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just gonna assume it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna assume that Morgan Wades to be huge at this time next year.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna get an email, dude, he's huge.
Speaker 4: Now, how do you know? I don't know anything. We don't know. We don't know more than you.
Speaker 14: Zach.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hi Zach. How are you good? How about y'all? Great?
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna play you a clip. It's gonna be the Texas Hammer. You tell me what's the song title and what's the band?
Speaker 1: Either order? You know what I mean? But I need both of them. Okay, okay, all right, here we go, bro.
Speaker 15: Even though it will always be, I pretend it isn't there.
Speaker 1: I'm trapped in yesterday.
Speaker 4: Oh it sounds like somebody's describing my life a little bit here, Zach. Name of the band, name of the song in three and two and one?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Zach? What about Josh? Hi Josh? Good morning?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning brother, great part of the great Josh coalition that listens to the show.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen to this clip, Bro.
Speaker 15: Even though it will always be, I pretend it isn't there, I'm drafting yesterday.
Speaker 1: You got a band and a song title for me. It's Lincoln Park Lost, isn't it? Yes? It is? It is it is. I love that song. Well, I guess you do.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess you do, Joshi Pooh, Congratulations you're the winner today of the Texas Hammer. Game.
Speaker 1: I hope you like shine Down Bush and Morgan Wade. I love Shining Down.
Speaker 11: My wife got to go see them, and I saw them.
Speaker 4: At your old's anniversary party, and I'm excited to see them for the first time live as a full band.
Speaker 1: Oh you've not seen them plugged in and all that. Oh my no.
Speaker 4: My wife just keeps telling me, oh, you got to see them, and I'm like, I want to go. Well, that little taste you got at the twentieth anniversary was I mean, that was a pretty good taste of what they can do, what they're what they're able to do, and Brent's voice is just next level for sure.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm excited, and I know my wife's going to be excited too.
Speaker 4: Way to go, Josh, Way to go, dude. Congratulations man, you're off to the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, brother, thank you. Rod Ryan Show. I pooped the.
Speaker 4: Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's Lincoln Park Lost and that was the Texas Hammer game. That was a quick episode today. That was an in and out type situation.
Speaker 1: That's all right.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of things I wanted to get to today on the show. But thanks to the Great Texas Hammer for always helping us out and allowing us to play the game each and every Monday. About an hour from now, we'll be dealing with some A Wall Nation tickets for you that shows April first at the House of Blues.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing a.
Speaker 4: Lot of him on social media lately. This has been doing and he's not a guy that likes doing it.
Speaker 1: He plat out told us that on this show he's.
Speaker 4: Like, Eh, why would anybody want to watch me? Well, because you're kind of famous. Yeah, you know, people really like your band. So he's been doing some social media stuff. So we're gonna talk about A Wall Nation closer to around A twenty BlackBerry Smoke tickets early in the nine o'clock hour. Houston Roughnecks season openers coming up. We're gonna hook you up with some tickets on know the show.
Speaker 1: I got time. I want to mention this. Maybe we could even take.
Speaker 4: There's could be something that would be interesting to get you know, your opinion. Maybe you guys could call in. There's a there's an old argument. I didn't introduce this argument the Beatles White album thirty Songs.
Speaker 1: Okay, Famously, there's a.
Speaker 4: There's a song on there and just John Lennon's going number nine, number nine, number nine. It's like, dude, really like that's a track. Somebody's saying that it's rod.
Speaker 1: That's genius. You understand, dude, It's the greatest song they ever did. Shut up.
Speaker 4: The argument is if the Beatles put out the White album and if they just trim the fat. Now I realized, in the grand scope of things, we don't have that many Beatles tracks, so we're glad that we got everything we got. But if the Beatles album, and I do I am somebody that kind of believes in this.
Speaker 1: If it was a if they trimmed.
Speaker 4: The fat and they put out the best fifteen songs on it, it's probably the greatest album of all time. But because there's all this stuff in there, I.
Speaker 6: Would still say rumors would be the greatest album of all time.
Speaker 1: Well, but how many tracks are on it?
Speaker 5: A lot?
Speaker 1: Looking up.
Speaker 4: Morgan Wallen has a new album coming album. As we're talking about the you know, we're talking about the other Morgan Morgan Wade opening up for Shine Down Morgan.
Speaker 1: I have the extended one where it's got the other stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you probably had a bunch of nonsense from the studio in there.
Speaker 1: He's got an album coming out with thirty seven songs on it.
Speaker 6: He's not is it even two disc one? Where that used to be a thing?
Speaker 4: Right, Well, so you're you because you're hanging out with me through osmosis year old. Now you're thinking somebody's going out and buying physical copies of this thing, which they probably will, And you're right. You can't jam all that on a CD. So it's gonna have to be a two. It's gonna have to be a double album. You know, there are thirty seven songs on this new one.
Speaker 5: I think Outcast had a thirty nine song album was speaker Box The Love Below?
Speaker 1: Uh huh okay.
Speaker 4: Morgan Wallen in twenty twenty three had an album that had thirty six songs on it. In twenty twenty one, he put out an album called Dangerous, which I was Wow. Somebody else put out an album called Dangerous. Everybody knows Michael Jackson. Yeah, but his Dangerous the double album he had thirty songs on that, So he's done this before. I you know, if you like them, you like them. I'm asking you your favorite artist, do you want them to trim the fat or do you want this wall of songs? Do you want all this stuff? Like for me Food Fighters? Like I trust Dave Grohl to sift through the good stuff, right and and give me all killer and no filler. I don't know that I want thirty five tracks every time my guy puts out something. But if you'd like them, I know. But if I like, but I still even my favorite guys, even my guy, and I'll use Food Fighters.
Speaker 1: As the example, I don't think. I don't want. I don't want to get hit.
Speaker 4: Over the head every two years with thirty five new tracks. Yeah, that is a lot. It's a lot, right, And I.
Speaker 5: Just think about how long it takes to listen to it when you're doing that where you're like, I don't know, like is that a two hour listening experience?
Speaker 1: Because if you're I die hard, you're you're gonna be cool with that.
Speaker 5: If you're not a diehard, you're just a casual fan of them, then you're like, all right, that's too much.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: What's this last thing that Taylor Swift put out? It was a double album, wasn't it? And your chick loved it? Eras as a tour. Right, Oh, that was just a tour. Okay, she was doing all of her stuff, right, But wasn't there just like some double nonsense out there portrait poets.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at how many songs.
Speaker 1: Poet?
Speaker 4: My question to you and Chilli, if you can take a couple of calls on this. She had seventeen on her last album. Okay, still, that's a lot, pretty good amount. That's a lot like it used to be, like ten to twelve was like what like an album was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm good with your best ten songs. Yeah, I'm good with that.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't feel like I'm getting soff I'll buy the album if it's ten killers. Because that's what people that's what they stopped buying albums. They're like, I only want the one good song you know people got and that was their opinion, not mine. That's what the problem was with albums not selling, and people just wanted the songs, and that's where the whole market came through with, you know, downloading music. So your favorite artist would you rather have would you rather have them put out thirty songs or do you want them to do the editing process and give you like the the ten fifteen best ones, Chilly open up these phone lines seven one three, two one two, five, nine four five. I want them. I want the best stuff. I don't want all that. I don't want all those other tracks.
Speaker 1: Put them on movie soundtracks, put them on other things. There's other places to go with them.
Speaker 4: And then maybe I and make them discoverable if if and I'm not anymore tracking this stuff down like I used to, but make them discoverable. We'll make them, make them fun and show up in other places.
Speaker 1: But making me buy all those songs, man, all right?
Speaker 5: Incubus had make a move and it wasn't an album track, but they they had it, and it was like, hey, we're we're just not gonna put this on the album. Yeah, And they set it aside and they used it for some movie like you were saying, yep, and they was like that song, that song rocks, but like, yeah, I would, I don't know where it would have gone.
Speaker 4: I loved all these movie soundtracks in the nineties. That was a big thing. And then bands always had extra songs. There was always extra things that didn't make the cut. And we've seen these things come out, We've we had that Lincoln Park track. We have these other things that didn't make the cut, but they.
Speaker 1: Were great songs. So you run the risk of like editing out some killer stuff.
Speaker 6: But a lot of times I'll take your worthy stuff isn't the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right?
Speaker 4: Seven one, three, two, win two, nine, four five, it's the buzz ninety four or five the Buzz. Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show Offspring Pretty Fly for a White Dude.
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan's show.
Speaker 4: Mentioned Morgan Wallen has a new album coming out, thirty seven songs. The dude's at the top of the game right now. He got asked back on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be coming back as a host, so listen.
Speaker 4: I know he's like one of the biggest names out there in country music right now. I'm sure he's got a bunch of great songs. Does he have thirty seven great songs? No, now, I know.
Speaker 1: The new one. You know, there's so many of them they can't just pick one.
Speaker 4: Well, the album's called I'm the Problem, So maybe there's a song called I'm the Problem. There's not always the title track, but I'm gonna go with I'm the Problem.
Speaker 1: That's the best one.
Speaker 6: We don't have that one of the system. So he released I know.
Speaker 4: He's releasing songs again. Artists released songs before the albums come out. He could release six songs and still have thirty one songs that you haven't heard yet on this album.
Speaker 1: My FAMILYE one is chairs in Nashville. Those are really good. Time off the Roof that was the other. That was another good hit. Right, So do you want your guy or gal who is your favorite?
Speaker 4: And I like, you gotta take Taytlor Swift out of this because I know you guys want every single crumb there is, So I don't think she counts because the fandom is just next level for that. But your band, do you want thirty seven new songs or do you want them to sip through it and give you the best stuff and deliver you an album that's got a standard twelve to thirteen songs on it.
Speaker 1: Alisa, good morning, Good morning, Hey what you got? What do you think.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say? Morgan Wollen specifically is great.
Speaker 9: I believe every song he sings, and I would welcome anything that he puts out, any number of songs on any.
Speaker 7: Number of albums, because I think he's that great.
Speaker 1: But everything can't be great. But is that?
Speaker 2: But do you listen to Moran.
Speaker 4: I'm saying any artist. I'm talking about the Beatles. There's there's crappy songs on the White album. The Beatles are the greatest band of all time. There's no argument here. There's crappy songs on that album.
Speaker 5: I think, uh, he's nailed for me.
Speaker 2: That last album with the thirty something songs, every one of those was just they're all.
Speaker 5: Different, they're all great, they're all they're all wonderful to me, but unpopular opinion.
Speaker 11: Keilly Peppers when they did the double album too, I couldn't get enough of that, Like I wanted them to.
Speaker 7: Do this, to do that again.
Speaker 2: Right, That's that's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: All right, well, thank you. I appreciate the call. Aaron, good morning, good morning. Do you want okay, you can use Morgan Wallan as the example or like, who's your favorite?
Speaker 1: Who's your absolute favorite?
Speaker 2: Probably MCRs, which I know that have had smaller songs, but I think I was You know, if they had more songs than it told the album told a story. I would prefer that then, you know, just a bunch of random.
Speaker 4: Small songs you would like you would love my Chemical Romance to put out thirty five songs every time they put out if.
Speaker 2: The album told the story, Yes.
Speaker 6: Right about one big parade, the never ending parade.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you, I appreciate it, Casey, good morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 1: All right, what you got? I actually had a question.
Speaker 16: For you, So let's put it in a different context. Please say, like somebody like System of a Down who hasn't released more than like two songs in ten plus years, what if they got back together, would you want them to put out as much as possible taken maybe they won't come back out, or would you want ten quality tracks from them?
Speaker 5: That would be kind of cool. Hey, secretly have been working on this stuff for the last decade. We just didn't tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're right, Casey.
Speaker 4: You're bringing up a great point, because there's gonna be all different ways to come and take a look at this.
Speaker 1: The thing that really caught my my my eye.
Speaker 4: About this is this is the third time in about I don't know the last five six years that Morgan Wallen is putting out thirty plus songs at a time, Like, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, is he the mo is he the most plorific, or plorific plorific, polar plorific. Is he the most?
Speaker 4: Is he the greatest songwriter of all time? I mean the songs are pouring out of this guy, which is great.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Man get it while it's hot, keep the pen rolling and stuff.
Speaker 1: But man sift through the stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, Princes apparently he's got a million songs, you know, back cataloged.
Speaker 1: You don't have to play it.
Speaker 4: You don't got to do. You don't gonna put everything out there at once. But I don't know if if the pen is striking and you think that you're hitting these things and these are things that you need people to hear, you say yeah. I mean I can't put them down for putting this stuff out like that. It's just I just I look at it with my ears and food Fighters, It's like I can take you know, I'd like ten more food Fighter songs right now.
Speaker 1: I don't long when I'm thirty five. I have something super quick for you too. My wife.
Speaker 16: My wife is a huge swiftye and when that last album came out, she got the so they released the first like twelve or so songs, and if she added another like album to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three o'clock in the morning, another album came out, and.
Speaker 16: I was like, are you gonna you know, are you gonna listen to this?
Speaker 1: She's like, oh, I'll get to it. I really want to.
Speaker 16: Listen to these first twelve or so first, And honestly, I don't know if she ever got to him.
Speaker 4: Interesting all right, she's the only one. I think everybody else went out and got that album right away.
Speaker 5: If System of a Down did come out with like a thirty track album, though, I would absolutely be down for that, because they if a band that had gone away, like he just phrased it like that would be cool to be like, hey, guess what, guys and putting out tracks. But remember the glorious suns they they put out like that. He was writing a song a day yep, during COVID that wasn't released. It's like, oh, by the way, like I have, here's a fifty five song album.
Speaker 1: He could have done that, but he was sure. He was like out there for free.
Speaker 5: They might not all be winners too, but like they could. That's not that's not an album track. That's just a fun track. And I think a lot of times like people work on songs. Maybe the song is like it's good the way it is, you think, but like you could work on it going forward, so you may keep that in the vault, bring it back up, maybe it'll work for another album or something like that. Yeah, I mean linklin A two did that with Boxcar Racer for the most recent one that they came out with, Like there was a a Turpentine was a song that was a Boxcar Racer song with Travis and and Tom were just like, hey what if we uh we worked on it and put a little blink within a two spin on it, and it was that could have been released with Boxcar Racer, but they waited with it.
Speaker 1: So sometimes I think it is worth waiting.
Speaker 5: But I guess if you are Morgan Wall and it's like your thing is thirty track albums, then that's your thing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: People were gonna come to expect it from you.
Speaker 5: With your records obviously have to listen, Like if you put out a third Truck album, like, hey, look, fifteen of these are not album quality. I feel like they have to be album quality or else, like the record label wouldn't let him do that, or you would try and stretch it into multiple releases.
Speaker 1: I think he's probably just at that level now where he's like, no, we're gonna.
Speaker 6: Do this, this is my thing. Yeah, yeah, so that's true.
Speaker 1: I think so. All right, thank you guys. I appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Houston's rocking alternative, The Rocks The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 4: Buzz ninety four, five The Buzz Welcome Back Rob Ryan Show. We're gonna get right into what Alex needs to do over here. I got a twenty percent chance of raining. Nothing really over that. That's some crazy storm last night for sure came through here. Uh so, twenty percent chance moving forward today mostly cloudy, high of eighty four.
Speaker 1: Alexis Houston's headlines. Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty five Houston radio season came to an end last night. Rodeo Director of Strategic Communications Daniel Grossman said that the event said an all time attendance record with two point seven million people, and the event also broke eleven auction records. The money, in part, is used to support the Rodeo's historic twenty eight million dollar donation to Texas youth and education programs, and more than thirty five thousand volunteers helped.
Speaker 1: Make the event possible.
Speaker 5: This year, CENTI minority leader Chuck Schumer has faced significant criticism within his party after supporting a Republican led spending bill designed to avert a government shutdown. Progressive figures including Senator Bernie Sanders and Representative Alexandria Ocasio Cortes have openly criticized Schumer's leadership. Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has also expressed dissatisfaction with Schumer's actions, suggesting that his decision undermines the party's efforts to present a unified front against the current administration. Despite the backlash, Schumer has stated that he will.
Speaker 1: Not be stepping down. It's a fun group, super fun group. It's a fun group. Are you just named? Yeah? A bunch of fun people. You should put on an album? How many? How many songs do you think of that?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, I couldn't get enough double albums every time. I hope.
Speaker 5: So, Earth's population maybe a little bit bigger than we thought. The UN says the Earth population is eight point two billion people, but said he in Finland found that we might be under counting rural areas, and we might be doing that by a lot.
Speaker 6: They didn't give a number, but there may be billions more.
Speaker 5: People than with the official numbers reflect So just you're off by like next time you like try and estimate and you're just off by like ten or twenties.
Speaker 4: Know that you're not off by a couple of billion? Which off they what if they could listen? I believe that they're off. I just did a simple Google search. Is eight point six two billion? Okay, if you're off by a lot, but not a billion?
Speaker 1: No way?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I they could be off by billions though, No, I.
Speaker 1: Don't believe in it. I don't believe it.
Speaker 3: Who's that?
Speaker 1: Who is this? The Finns in Finland? The finish, the finish? Yeah, I probably with Finland. You trust him? I do. Now we're not off by a billion. I imagine that.
Speaker 4: You know that's a rough estimate. I'm cool with being a rough estimate, but not being off by that much.
Speaker 1: I know a guy from Finland. He seems cool.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they wouldn't lie to us. He's never lied to me that I know of Big finisher. Big finisher.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: A twenty year old University or Georgia student, nade Lily Stewart went viral last week thanks to the mugshot she took after getting arrested.
Speaker 1: For speeding earlier in the month.
Speaker 5: Well, now it looks like she's trying to stretch that fifteen minutes of fame into thirty minutes, because she got arrested again yesterday. No, yeah, this time for loitering and obstructing an officer.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait the girl from last week that was like the hot love shop girl.
Speaker 6: She got arrested again for loitering.
Speaker 5: What I think cops should be able to pull people over for loitering because cops loitered more than anyone else in the entire world.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure, Adam, thanks you for that.
Speaker 5: I mean, what's he doing when he's when he's raid around people, He's loitering on the side of the road.
Speaker 1: It's his job. Yeah, you're just a professional loiterer. They're stalking. I don't know, I mean the obstructing on officer, just just do the obstructing officer, loitering, I don't know, I don't know about that. Wow. People are saying the girl. Yeah.
Speaker 5: People are saying that Lily's mugshot this time is not as flattering as the first.
Speaker 1: One, but still pretty good.
Speaker 5: I would never say that woman's mugshot was not flattering.
Speaker 1: I think she looks fantastic in both.
Speaker 5: You can see both of the mug shots on our Crazy Criminals blog at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: She had to be trying to get arrested again. There's gotta be up there. You're loiter and you're kind of just hanging out, not going anywhere. So yeah, there's other ways to become famous. Okay, you don't have to be hot mugshot person, the arrest lady.
Speaker 5: Oh she here be all right Shinedown Game as an update on their upcoming album. It's not done yet, but the eighth studio album from the band is getting closer to completion, with lead vocalist Brent Smith saying it's about eighty five percent done. The upcoming release follows their twenty twenty two album Playing at Zero, and even though it's not done, the band has already released two singles from this album, three sixty five in Dance Kid Dance that we're listening to right now.
Speaker 1: No word on how long that last.
Speaker 5: Fifteen percent is going to take, as no release date has been hinted at yet those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Shine down Bush and the female artist Morgan wait Morgan Waite, obviously, come on, everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: Of course we knew that. Everybody knows. You must have heard us wrong. August twenty seventh.
Speaker 4: We'll give away tickets all week to go see her and those other babs.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see her.
Speaker 6: That's actually who I wanted to see the most Housewives.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows, Mark Brandess.
Speaker 5: The NCAA Tournament wrapped up its first weekend last night. U of H and Texas Tech advanced the Sweet sixteen. On Saturday, u of AH will face Perdue and Tech will face Arkansas in the next round. Yesterday, Florida, Duke, Alabama, Michigan State, Kentucky, Ole, Miss, Maryland, and Arizona all punched their tickets this Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 1: It was a weekend without a ton of upsets.
Speaker 5: The twelve seat of Colorado winning and then almost pulling off another upset against Maryland last night was was probably the biggest story of the weekend, but Maryland.
Speaker 6: Had a hell of a buzzer beater to keep them from doing that.
Speaker 1: Moving on to the.
Speaker 5: NBA, Rockets fell the Nuggets one to sixteen to one to eleven. That ended what have been a nine game winning streak Backs. You're still the two seed in the Western Conference playoffs. In the season where to end today? And they're gonna have a day off before they play the Hawks tomorrow night at home. In baseball, the Astros beat the Nationals eight to six yesterday in their spring training finale. They're gonna open up the regular season on Thursday night against the Mets at dyke In Park.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a question that was used today on Freshout of Bad Head two head.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah it was. It was a dyke In Park opening day question at that Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we played a little game this morning, the Fresh Out of Bad Head to Head challenge. You should join us six twenty every morning for that game. We should actually get up and play that game with us.
Speaker 1: Rock and Alternative very used to the.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Marning Show thanks to Tenna and.
Speaker 1: Andy four or five the buzz half point part of the show. People, this part of the mud and.
Speaker 4: Blurry Rob Ryan's show on this MILF Monday. It's our number one link today on links and guests. The thing that's trending for us all morning, and it is just because there's been so much activity this morning and I couldn't be more happy about it. Thank you is our hashtag Monday selfie and that's where you guys are dropping pictures on our Facebook page this morning. I mean, we're on Facebook Live. You can see the video high I'm waving where you can see us. We should be able to see you. So this is one of those opportunities. Thanks to our friends over at show Federal Credit Union, they're doing the whole picture, the possibilities. This is perfect. Man, is the picture thing. Drop a photograph and then one of you is going to leave the show today with one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just that simple. It's that simple. Just two people sent this to me and I did put it. I saw it this morning as well, which you got.
Speaker 4: The band Kiss will play an unmasked show in Las Vegas in November. Finally, the band, the band that did this whole big farewell They started farewelling in ninety nine.
Speaker 1: They did I was ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did a big show.
Speaker 1: This is it and then they even showed.
Speaker 4: The avatars after they're like because you know, they wound up closing out the chapter of Kiss in New York.
Speaker 1: Where it all started.
Speaker 4: People paid thousands and thousands of dollars to be at that last Kiss show. They said this is it, and they even said here's the future of Kiss and they showed the avatars. Remember we talked about that on this show, and you know, they said, Okay, we knew Kiss was never going away.
Speaker 1: Was the band done playing? They never?
Speaker 4: I don't know how they worded it. I'm not going back and looking. I don't I don't do it anymore. Kiss is playing an unmasked show in Las Vegas in November.
Speaker 1: Who's in the lineup, I don't know. As a matter of fact, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Gene Simmons has canceled most of the dates on this upcoming solo tour.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if it happened already here.
Speaker 4: Jane was coming through Houston, he played, he was playing Weird Places Man, he played north Tonnewan to New York. He played the old Movie Theater in my hometown, which is a cool place for a show, and it's a small and it's intimate, and that's what Gene was doing. Yeah, and he's kind of canceled most of those dates on the upcoming solo tour. The thing about Jane, he was charging a lot to play in those smaller venues.
Speaker 1: And then somebody sent me this.
Speaker 4: You can pay twelve thousand dollars to be Jean's personal assistant for.
Speaker 1: A day to work Jane. You got it right out of the gate. You heard it.
Speaker 4: Wait a minut I have to pay to work for Jean for a day. Twelve thousand dollars to be Jean's personal assistant. He was all like, this guy will sell anything.
Speaker 6: He will sell tired. Does that'd be funny if you're just like, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna do that. Dude, I need you to make this call. No, but I'm busy.
Speaker 4: Nobody's retiring, nobody's done for good. Nobody is done. I mean, you know, we are all waking up in a world where the Jonas Brothers have announced a twentieth anniversary tour.
Speaker 1: That happened on.
Speaker 4: My watch, The Jonas Twenty years of the Jonas Brothers has happened on my watch since I've lived here in Houston.
Speaker 1: How did that happen? Yeah? Man, a twentieth anniversary tour. Joe Bros. Pretty sick. They were just on the Eli man, show. I know that because he told me, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, I saw him on some show. You know what, They seem like nice guys, they do. They don't seem like twrps.
Speaker 1: That was my mom.
Speaker 4: That was mom. Just came out of me right now. Stop being a TOWRP.
Speaker 6: That's a good like nineties And so they seem like cool guys.
Speaker 4: You know, a couple of them latched onto some like big time Hollywood people.
Speaker 1: You know, the one got a Game of Throner for a while. Isn't one of them married to Priyanka.
Speaker 4: Chopra Maybe the hot check on the planet, maybe the hotest chick on the planet.
Speaker 1: I think all women are beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, Jonas brothers twenty freaking years.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So they're still going because I think they may have broken up for a while.
Speaker 1: I hate myself for knowing that.
Speaker 6: Can you break up with your brothers?
Speaker 1: Yes you can?
Speaker 5: The band is called Oasis, I guess so, yes the point and thank you before I spoke on that one.
Speaker 1: These are just some of the music stories.
Speaker 4: That don't make it onto Alex's Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: Thought about it, Yeah, like no Elton John But yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I like Elton's message, Elton John's messages, you know what, skip the skip the American idols. It works out great for some. He said, get out there and play the pubs. You know, he wants you to kind of do it old school. And you know, Elton John, you're gonna get what are you gonna get? You're gonna get old fashioned advice from him. Yeah, you know, and that's what worked for him. You know, this guy played the clubs and everywhere, and he toured and all that stuff, and that's how he built his following. And he's saying that that's still a viable option for an artist to.
Speaker 1: Go out and play pubs, play the clubs, get out there and play in front of people.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about playing in front of a television audience when you're so young.
Speaker 5: So which is true, because you're not really putting your original stuff out there when you're doing that, you're doing covers of whatever it is. And yep, you don't get the I mean, you do get the exposure, but you don't get the like experience.
Speaker 4: I guess there's always stuff underneath those headlines on those blog pages where there's sometimes there are the more interesting stories.
Speaker 1: But I yeah, that kiss story. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I just said, Chili the link, and I'm like, I'm not even looking at this. Just put it up that somebody else can go look at it.
Speaker 1: Somebody else can go read it. Tell me what it says. I'm a flip. Got a rec check for you.
Speaker 4: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get you some eight Wall Nation tickets.
Speaker 1: Stay there, Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Yeah, I just heard that commercial.
Speaker 4: Guys, the iHeart Radio app presets now that's a big.
Speaker 1: Thing, my favorite app.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the iHeart Radio App. Now there's presets. Boom boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 1: Please would just set us up.
Speaker 4: I'd like two presets actually, Like the Rod Ryan Show is a preset, and like the Buzz as a preset Boom boom one and two.
Speaker 1: And then Past the Baby Podcast is another preset.
Speaker 4: There you go, bam, Okay, I got three presets for you right now to me all right, and then you know all the other stuff that you want on there. You know, you're free to roam around, okay, browse around a little bit, but yeah, you set up those presets and then it's just it makes it so much easier just to go.
Speaker 1: Click click click, click click.
Speaker 4: There's your favorites, all right, I mean we hope that we are your favorites. Chance of rain moving forward, mostly cloudy today, highs of around eighty four. It's everyone's going to be on the spot. Chili, you're on the spot. I think I got everyone though, No, I don't. Today's National Cocktail Day. Oh yeah, everything's a cocktail that isn't a beer?
Speaker 1: Is that true? With knicker?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, of course yeah, no, no, no, count That's what I meant.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if it's liquor, it's cocktail, even if it's straight. If it's neat, that's what I was going to ask. Is that a cocktail? I just have a whiskey? Need am I.
Speaker 4: Let's ask Chili because I think he's kind of like a sip and whiskey kind of guy. I call I call that a cocktails. Yeah, if it's if you're drinking some of your whether it's tequila or whiskey on the rocks, that's a cocktail.
Speaker 14: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: Now if it's neat with no, you didn't do any mixing at all.
Speaker 1: You just do like a shot, right, you know it's but it's not a cocktail.
Speaker 4: But if you pour it in a glass and you're drinking it and you're sipping it, it's a cocktail, right? Or do you have to have something mixed into it for it to qualify as a cocktail?
Speaker 1: Chili? You make a call.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna say, if you pour it in a glass, ask a cocktail?
Speaker 1: That mean you got you? What is your cocktail of choice? It's National Cocktail Day.
Speaker 14: If it's not tequila, then I'll do like some mom.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, you're number one, number one across the board. What is your number one?
Speaker 14: I would go with Johnny Walker on the Rocks over tequila. Well yeah, because usually the tequila, I just do shots, gotcha? So Johnny Walker can sit there and sleepy, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Johnny Walker? Okay, Alex cocktail. I'm a vide casoda guy. Yep, I've been my mom.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't you just chop up a couple of halaitanias like halapania, slice his throat in there with a little lime?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? That sounds insane? Yeallo? Ranch water okay?
Speaker 4: Uh, gin and tonic. And I told you I became a gena Tonic drinker a couple of years back.
Speaker 1: And uh Ryan Reynolds got you on that. Huh yeah, I haven't looked back.
Speaker 4: So number one trend today for me, National Cocktail Day is.
Speaker 1: At least letting you know that good trend. What else? March Madness is also trending. Everybody's talking about their brackets, whether.
Speaker 5: Or not they're busted, whether or not they're doing great. There were only four conferences remaining in the tournament, which is the fewest in a very very long time. And uh yeah, so people are talking about college basketball, and then the Koogs and Texas techer the two remaining Texas teams still in the attorney.
Speaker 6: And then we got MILF Monday.
Speaker 5: Oh Hellen Bellacourt submitted to us by Jacob from Sugarland. Go check her out the world from miss rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Comics was training on night with by the Buzz.
Speaker 4: I got tickets to go see a Wall Nation April first House of Blues. Those tickets are available at ticketmaster dot com. You get a pair from us right now seven one three two one two five.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 4: Experience Fincher into the Cosmics ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show, jelly roll liar. I was caught looking well, I wasn't called looking. I'm allowed to look right. I was just over here looking at the Facebook page of all of our Monday selfies. Got some new ones on here. Leah just added her pick. John Paul looking good, Hi Cat.
Speaker 1: Hello, Ashley with an eye. There's Josh Tree.
Speaker 4: Elizabeth looks like she was at some sort of probably at the rodeo this weekend.
Speaker 1: Cool. What is it?
Speaker 4: It's hashtag Monday selfie. Thank you to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union. What of you is going to leave the show today with one hundred bucks? So I appreciate you getting involved in hanging out with us a little bit and then going the extra mile and dropping.
Speaker 1: A picture on our Facebook page.
Speaker 4: Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy hive around eighty four. Over to the phones, Good morning, Hello, Hello, how's it going really good?
Speaker 1: How's it going for you? It's going great? What's your name? Reggie? Your caller? Ten? Awesome Reggie.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you tickets to go see Awall Nation April First Hustle Move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, sounds good. Mary, I appreciate it. Where are you from? Reggie Clute, Texas?
Speaker 4: An hour ago, I was asking people about their favorite artist and if you wanted them to constantly put out these double albums of thirty songs and stuff? Is it too much or do you just want a regular sized album with ten twelve songs?
Speaker 1: Was what are your like? Who's your You got a number one? You have a favorite band? Reggie?
Speaker 5: Not really a favorite, but I prefer quality over quantity.
Speaker 4: That's what I wasn't getting that on the phones, but boy, the emails were overwhelming on that one, Like, yeah, quantity over the quality.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying was it Morgan Wallen?
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, he's the one that's got another thirty seven songs coming out. It's like his third thirty song double album in a row. Like, wow, guys were cranking out some tunes. Man, I wish I can't write one song.
Speaker 1: So thank you, Reggie. Have a great time man awall Nation. You're gonna have a great time on that show.
Speaker 4: There's so good live, Oh yeah, so good live all right, hang out, Reggie.
Speaker 1: Who was it that mentioned poop this morning? Hell? Hell mentioned poop this morning? Album.
Speaker 4: I was not talking about poop today on the show, and then he talks about it, and then he snuck it in there on something. It was during the fun Facts, and I didn't have anything about poop at all in my fun Facts, but I did have this story and there's a Houston tie in.
Speaker 1: Do I just skip it? I don't. This stuff finds me. I don't go looking for poop stories. It finds me. I think so. I think so.
Speaker 4: Are the same people that slow walk the people that do they also take forever in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: Is it the same person? No?
Speaker 6: No, I mean I think they could be the same people.
Speaker 4: But I don't think that it's that's a different set of slow that's a different slow people.
Speaker 1: Okay, so.
Speaker 4: I'm not a guy that hangs out in the bathroom, and this job doesn't allow that.
Speaker 1: If you got to go during the show full.
Speaker 6: Disclosure, ye boom, a minute and a.
Speaker 1: Half jelly roll is three minutes and twenty one seconds.
Speaker 6: If I had to, you gotta buzz your card in twice.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, but if but if I had to, I could have gone and take care of business. If I had to three minutes and twenty one seconds, I could do that.
Speaker 1: It stresses me out though, I know, but I could do it. I could do it. Yes, I would wash my hands and do all. I could do it. I could do it if I had to. You know. Go number two.
Speaker 4: This guy, he's twenty years old. He's from New Jersey. He's suing United Airlines his claim a pilot yanked him out of the bathroom for taking too long. Right, okay, so this story's out there. I'm not making it up. It just it found me. This happened in late January. He's flying home from a trip to Mexico with a friend, which means you might end up in the bathroom. You can go to Mexico. Montezuma's revenge done. It's like, hey, no big deal, let's not drink the water.
Speaker 1: It's like that. There was a it was an old commercial.
Speaker 4: The two guys they're clicking their cocktails, are like, you know what, they say, don't drink the water, and they're drinking.
Speaker 1: And they're like, what do you think they used for these ice cubes? You know?
Speaker 4: So the flight at ten and woke his friend up from a nap and said, hey, can you go check on your body?
Speaker 1: He's been in there for twenty minutes. Any problem with that? Flight attendant a little bit long?
Speaker 4: Wait, no, no, no, no, I'm saying any problem. Let's I'm from the flight attendants standpoint. She woke the friend up and said, hey, could you do me a favor. Your friend's been in the bathroom for twenty minutes so far. Flight attendant's fine.
Speaker 1: Just trying to be like, hey, is your friend okay? Yep? Would you go check on your friend? You're you're with your friend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then they would be really funny, Hey, buddy, has it gone in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, guy yelled through the door, said he was fine, said he was constipated.
Speaker 1: So they left him alone.
Speaker 4: Pilot gets involved. He still hasn't come out. Now it's another ten minutes, thirty minutes. Well there's more people in the front, you know what I mean, Like, I.
Speaker 1: Think you should be focused on other stuff. Well there's I think one of them can go.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, okay, so I mean that should not be his main concern. Pilot's whiz during flights, I know.
Speaker 5: Okay, they shouldn't be dealing with other people's bathroom medicant.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: So he still hadn't come out ten minutes later, So now we're thirty minutes in.
Speaker 1: Guys in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's constipated, Okay, but constipated means nothing's happening.
Speaker 1: He's working on it.
Speaker 4: But if it was just non stop shooting Naudia, then that you can't leave, right If you're constipated, that means nothing's happening.
Speaker 6: Well, if you don't know when it's gonna be time, time it out, you can't.
Speaker 1: You constimpated.
Speaker 4: According to the lawsuit, the pilots started screaming. Now this is according to the lawsuit, so I'm assuming this is coming from the dude that's on the crapper. According to the lawsuit, the pilot started screaming and demanding him to come out immediately, then broke the lock and opened the door on him.
Speaker 1: This has got to be coming from him.
Speaker 4: The guy's pants were down around his ankles with his junk on full display. According to this story, he says the pilot, flight attendants, and several passengers all had a good view of it. Lies what bathroom can you see somebody on the inside of the bathroom when you're in your maybe the front seat right there put angled. They didn't yank the guy out. They just opened the door and the guy said he was exposed to everybody.
Speaker 1: The front rower or whatever.
Speaker 4: His friend got handcuffed and escort He and his friend got handcuffed. They're escorted off the plane. They had to land here in Houston.
Speaker 5: Friend of handcuffed his friend was trying to be a good friend, checking on him.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know what the friend, I don't know what kind of shenan against the friend was pulling. Airport cops put them in holding cells here in Houston.
Speaker 1: So again, remember they're.
Speaker 4: Coming from Mexico going to Jersey. They got as far as here. The guy literally got on the plane thirty minutes right. I don't know where in Mexico they were, but almost the whole time he's on the plane and then boom, so they land here. They're both suing they were treated unfairly. They also claimed the pilot talked about them being Jewish and made anti Semitic remarks.
Speaker 1: That's problematic.
Speaker 4: We stopped Jewish hate here, okay, but that's what they say. There's a ton of people around here, you know how close You just talk to me about how close the people are of the bathroom Okay, it's anybody backing.
Speaker 1: This play up that they said all these things.
Speaker 4: The jury will decide if they deserve to get paid or not, and how much. United declined to comment on this lawsuit.
Speaker 5: The pilot had to proove that's really what it was, and he was like, I need in there.
Speaker 1: Listen, you can't be in the it's thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: I get it, there's an emergency from time to time, but constipation, I gotta go back to the just the definition of constipation. Nothing is happening. You can come out. You can come out thirty minutes. Nothing's happened for thirty minutes, you can come out for ten.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was just hanging out in there. I think he was why. He's like, you, wait, what in what.
Speaker 5: World would you rather spend time on a plane in the airplane bathroom than in your seat? Because that's like the grossest part of the play. That's it's historically one of the grossest things in the world is an airport an airplane bathroom. Pilot says, come out, you gotta come out.
Speaker 1: Pilot. Pilot was a little I think he was a little full of himself. He was a little power trippy how many other people. Now, you know, there's got to be a line.
Speaker 5: Where's another bath? Go use the other bathroom. I'm sorry, this is a this is an incident.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think the pilot would have done it even if he was if it was coming out both ends.
Speaker 5: I think the pilot was just on a little power trip and he's like, you know what, buddy, not on my flight.
Speaker 1: You just said both ends. Did you hear that he was coming out both ends? Did you hear last week? No, that came up last week. I think it's called a double dragon.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I just called it a screenshot.
Speaker 4: Christina Applegate, she does a podcast. You know, she's dealing with an affliction right now, and she does something with your girl from the Sopranos, Siegler Jamie Lynn.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, meadow yep. And uh they call that a double dragon, double dragon.
Speaker 4: When it's boat the screenshot.
Speaker 1: I never heard of that. Okay, I don't know. You come on the bath. The pilot was out of line here.
Speaker 4: I mean he's like, dude, there's a smart ship, all right, Like you're trying to do that, you're trying to show off.
Speaker 1: We settle down.
Speaker 4: Dude, this is all according to him and his friend planes though you get no say any United's.
Speaker 1: Gonna have another story here.
Speaker 4: There's more to this story obviously, but man, you can't just be plugging up that bathroom for that amount of time.
Speaker 1: Come on, there's other people that gotta go. He was trying, all right, okay, but again.
Speaker 5: Nobody wants to hang out in an airport in an airplane bathroom.
Speaker 4: It's like I'll come out and I'll let a few people in, but then I'm coming back in afterwards.
Speaker 5: That's that would be fair. That's It didn't seem like he was trying to negotiate. He seemed like he was just trying to power trip and kicking a door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would there should have been a negotiation, Like there's other people that have and it's like, well can I come back after?
Speaker 1: You need to be back in here.
Speaker 4: I would have negotiated some kind of a deal, like okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: I'll do a three for one and I also get the three three.
Speaker 4: Can go, and then I get to come back in again after Yeah, and I get to stay in the cockpit.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, Houston, tie and I don't know they were here. Shameful, great disgusting of us.
Speaker 1: Rock and Altar.
Speaker 7: Soon Ryan Morning Show from six to ten AM.
Speaker 4: Four or five The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show MILF Monday number one link today, it would be the number one link.
Speaker 1: But it's not a link at all.
Speaker 4: It's it's just the activity that's happening on our Facebook page. Thanks to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union picture the possibilities. We're doing another hashtag Monday selfie. So Chili's gonna award somebody one hundred chili and only Chili will award somebody one hundred dollars at the end of the show today just for dropping a selfie on our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: I also, I want to get into this next hour.
Speaker 4: I put up a question and reading your answers right now, you're gonna have to go dig for it.
Speaker 1: But if you want to play along.
Speaker 4: I asked, is there a profession that you would never date.
Speaker 1: Just by job alone?
Speaker 4: It could be the coolest, hottest, best person ever, but because of what they do for a living, would you not consider dating that person? Radio hosts, Yeah, people go, you know, and go for the low hangings for.
Speaker 1: Morning show host on the Buzz. All right, Ben, I guess you and I are a match.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't date me either, So that I want to talk about that because it's interesting to see what there are some people that are taking it serious or if they're talking about past experiences, and I don't think that's fair either. You had a problem with a teacher, Yeah, no more teachers for me.
Speaker 1: Really, do you think they're just all teachers the same.
Speaker 4: I'm just throwing that out there as an example, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of close minded people.
Speaker 4: It sounds like, all right, that's something that was a little further down on our Facebook page. If you want to talk about that, I want to get into it on the air though.
Speaker 1: Hi. Alex Houston's headlines. What you got? Good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty five Houston Rodeo season came to an end last night. Rodio Director of Strategic Communications Danielle Grossman said that the event set an all time attendance record with two point seven million people, and that the event also broke eleven auction records. The money, in part, is used to support the Rodio's historic twenty eight million dollar donation to Texas youth and education programs, and more than thirty five thousand volunteers helped make the event possible. This year, former US Attorney Jessica Abert was found dead in her Alexandria, Virginia home on Saturday. Local police responded to a call about an unresponsive woman and discovered the forty three year old a Bear at the sea. The Virginia Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death, and authorities have reportedly not found any signs of foul play, but sources say they believed she died from a long standing medical issue. A Bear was appointed by President Joe Biden unanimously confirmed by the Senate in October of twenty twenty one, and led a team of three hundred prosecutors in staff. She resigned on January twentieth, when President Donald Trump took office. CNN says that next month's annual White House Easter egg role is going to include corporate branding for the first time. The event has been a tradition on the South Lawn since eighteen seventy eight, and it's not the first time that it's had any type of sponsor, though the American Egg Board donates eggs each year and others kick in money. To avoid using taxpayer dollars, but it will be the first time that you're going to.
Speaker 6: Be able to pay to have your logo prominently displayed.
Speaker 5: An event company hired by the White House sent out a nine page document offering different branding opportunities, with packages ranging from in price from seventy five thousand dollars. What do you play, Peter cottontail? Oh okay, I figured it was easter themed. I couldn't make out what it was. All right, go ahead, it's fit. Sure, it's fit.
Speaker 1: So, I mean it's not gonna be the Tesla Easter egg roll. It could be. I mean, he's gotta buy them.
Speaker 5: So they put out like what the the tiers that you could pay for, So it could be between seventy five thousand dollars to two hundred thousand dollars, So you could pay for things like the naming rights for key areas or elements, logos featured on event signage, and custom branded easter baskets. You could definitely see like a Tesla Easter basket.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what's available all kinds of these same sponsorships for the rod Ryan Show charity Golf.
Speaker 1: I would love to do that.
Speaker 5: From seventy five thousand to two hundred thousand if you would like to donate.
Speaker 4: Our prices are a little below that. If you'd like to donate that much, that would also be accepted. Yeah, so they are very much below that. But boy I I yeah, everything is sponsorable, So I need money for Texas Adaptabaquata. So listen, I'm not going to I'm not gonna get on anybody for sponsoring anything, So I need I need sponsors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no world famous rod Ryan Shore page to Bust dot comoms, please sign up to sponsor.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: All the money's going to go to the White House Historical Association, nonprofit that works to educate people in the history of the White House, so like, hey, this is where the president lives.
Speaker 4: That's what they work to educate people on what somebody should buy each egg and like stamp each eggs with their logo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Elie would definitely do that.
Speaker 5: And then it also pays for the presidential portraits that you see all throughout the White House, all.
Speaker 4: These kids walking around with little stainless steel like they look like the cyber truck truck little basket, but little stainless steel baskets. Lockheed Martin sponsor and stuff the missile Tony Stark.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Legendary boxer George Foreman passed away on Friday night.
Speaker 1: He was seventy six.
Speaker 5: Foreman was a two time world champion and Olympic gold medalist who famously made a comeback in nineteen eighty seven at the age of thirty eight.
Speaker 1: He may have been just as well known as.
Speaker 5: A spokesperson of his own grills, the George Foreman grills, which you could easily burn your foot on.
Speaker 1: To be careful with those.
Speaker 5: Foreman was married five times, had twelve children, including five sons, all named George. He also named one of his seven daughters Georgetta. Mike Tyson tweeted that Foreman's contributions to boxing and.
Speaker 6: Beyond will never be forgotten.
Speaker 1: You know, rip to a great one.
Speaker 4: Married five times. Imagine there was an argument or two with those spouses.
Speaker 1: But I really.
Speaker 4: Believed him to be that like funny, happy, go lucky guy that I saw in those commercials.
Speaker 1: He really did.
Speaker 4: Seem like that. I interviewed him a couple of times back in the day. George Foreman grill that type of thing, you know, gave away a couple of grills, you know.
Speaker 1: And he just he just yeah, he was really nice.
Speaker 4: He just seems super cool, super cool, super chill. And I remember making a comment about it, like, dude, you're making so much money, you are so chill, and he's like, wouldn't.
Speaker 1: You be too?
Speaker 4: I mean he just enrolled like that. The famous story about that the first phone call went to for the grill Hulk Hogan.
Speaker 1: I remember it was a fun fact.
Speaker 4: I think it was a fun fact on the show that Hogan got no brother. It can't be as simple as Hogan didn't pick up, and then well, let's call George Foreman.
Speaker 1: But that's what it made it sound.
Speaker 5: Like that we got a grill, who are our top two Peoplegan George Foreman?
Speaker 1: And then but we.
Speaker 4: Got to make that call by five o'clock and it's four point fifty pm, so they get around to calling Hulk. I'm making all this up, but for some reason they made it sound like Hulk Hogan didn't pick up. So then they called Foreman and he said, yeah, can.
Speaker 1: You imagine not taking that call? I grills.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Hogan has plenty of money, but not that kind of money he would have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, launched him a grease right here. In this tree, brother bro real good brother just rips off his shirt and so like mister T Grill. Yeah.
Speaker 5: In Music News, Elton John has some advice for up and coming musicians. He says to skip American idol and play the pubs. Although it is worth noting that he is British, so that maybe why he hasn't ended against American idol.
Speaker 6: Think about that.
Speaker 1: He's talking about the way that these people are.
Speaker 5: Elton said, quote that experience stood me in great stead for when I became Elton John because I had a backbone, and backbone is so important because the worst thing that can happen to you in the industry are things like instant fame on television where you have no experience of playing live.
Speaker 4: You put on a stage, you go and you can't do it. That's the worst thing. Take risks and go play a pub. And then he did say that American idol is the worst. I want to say that, but.
Speaker 5: I don't stay you disagree with all of what he says, although there have been people online that I've.
Speaker 1: Definitely it has worked out well for some though.
Speaker 4: And also while you take away Crocodile rock, that's the best Shelton Johnson.
Speaker 1: Oh you like that, that's your favorite? I'm sorry, I Xcelias Felton Johnson for sure. March Madness. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The NCAA Tournament concluded its first weekend yesterday. U of H and Texas Tech advanced to the Sweet sixteen. On Saturday, U of ahel face per Due in Arkansas. Is gonna be who Texas Tech faces in the next round. Yesterday, though Florida Duke, Alabama, Michigan State, Kentucky, Ole, Miss, Maryland, and Arizona all advanced to the Sweet sixteen. It was weekend without a lot of upsets. And there's really there's only four conferences remaining out of all the conferences in there, and it's I think all one, two threes and four seeds I believe made it to the sweet sixteen. In the NBA, the Rockets fell on the Nuggets one sixteen to one eleven.
Speaker 1: That ended what had been a nine game winning streak.
Speaker 5: Rockets are still the two seed in the Western Conference playoffs if the season ended today, and they're gonna have a day off where they play the Hawks tomorrow night at the Toyota Center. In baseball, the Astros beat the Nationals eight to six, yesterday and wrap up the spring training season, and they're going to open up the regular season on Thursday when they host.
Speaker 6: The Mets at dyke In Park. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Buzz, Rock and Alter. Very soon The Rod.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Cyprus Hill, Insane in the Brain. Welcome to the nine o'clock hour, our fourth and final hour together.
Speaker 1: BlackBerry Smoke. Tickets coming your way very soon. They're playing on.
Speaker 4: Is that the twenty eighth? Yeah, they're playing the twenty eighth. While seven one to three Music Hall Houston roughneckt season opener is coming up. We'll talk about that. I know the show.
Speaker 1: Got tickets for you. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain moving forward today, mostly cloudy Hive around eighty four.
Speaker 1: How does it look out there? We got the inside cabin. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Did your car get washed off last night? It was a hell of a storm for about thirty minutes at least. I mean that what I was awake for when I was trying to walk my dog. Yeah, it super fun. Why were you up walking your dog.
Speaker 5: At that time because I was up already and I went, I don't know. We moved, so I wanted to make sure I got here early enough to like check how like my my commute was like cause it's a little further now.
Speaker 1: My kid woke up, so I was up.
Speaker 4: My dog jumped on the bed, so that was what got me up. Aha, And then I was like, well, I might as well start my day.
Speaker 1: We're in that two o'clock hour now we're talking about.
Speaker 5: The same teen thirty and I like laid there, it's like two forty five.
Speaker 6: I was like, all, let's just go. So I got dressed and take the dog out.
Speaker 1: So it was raining two o'clock. I was I've been off. This was two stop like right when I got in the car together, where good stuff? I have a kid, they say it, I had please.
Speaker 5: This this weekend. I was holding her up above my head when I got home a little l yeah, and I was like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I had My mother said hey, and she spit.
Speaker 5: I didn't know she had just had a bottle before I got there, and she's been up right in My mouth went all like it, it went all the way like down my throat didn't even have time to like I couldn't spit it out or anything, and I had to hand it to my wife.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm gonna throw Up'm gonna throw up. I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 5: Didn't throw up, But that was the first time that had happened. I'd seen I'd seen pictures and videos of people saying that it happens, but that was the first time I got to experience just getting thrown up. I've never had anybody throw up in my mouth.
Speaker 4: I have been waiting to play this for you.
Speaker 3: Wait, welcome, You got pooped on, You got piped.
Speaker 4: In your mouth, in you in your mother, in your mouth, yum.
Speaker 1: In your mom in your mom. Yeah, dude, superus. That's awesome. Did you kid right? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Now you know?
Speaker 6: Now you know, like I was gonna throw up after that, didn't throw up?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do? Beat her? Right? Awesome, daddy's picking you up. You had a bottle. That's so great. Sorry, it's great. I'm bad at Joscelyn the kid out. I like tossing her around my wife, so I.
Speaker 5: Like, she just say, you know it's gonna happen, and then I get stuff all over my shirt.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: The first time I had it in my mouth though. Awesome. I'm not like you think I've been doing a bit right now. Awesome.
Speaker 4: That's how you know you have this unconditional love?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have this. There's nothing else that you would allow that. There's there's no other thing. It's that. It's that you had the moment.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, there's some diapers where you're like, okay, that's real love.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but that that was that was definitely a father's stuff. I guess did you ever talk with Chili? Is he okay? Have you talked to him about the thing? The thing and the thing and the thing?
Speaker 4: Last week I put it up on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 1: There was this thing that was going around.
Speaker 4: It was all over TikTok last week, and it was called the chubby filter. Did you see the chubby filter? I did not see the chebvy filter. It's too late, that's it. It was the chubby filter. I don't know, Chili. All these like fit girls were throwing on the chubby filter and they were posting pictures. Yeah, so it was on the Looking at Girls block page. Today, I'm looking at Girls. The chubby filter has already been yanked and I got the full story for.
Speaker 1: You, So I just I didn't geez. I didn't know that you'd be this upset. I was worried about Chili upset.
Speaker 14: That was because it took away some teacher thinks.
Speaker 1: To grands right, but they weren't. But it wasn't real.
Speaker 14: I know some of those people look better with a little bit of meat on their bones.
Speaker 15: Bro.
Speaker 14: I ain't not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: It was weird, Okay, I'll just say this, the chubby filter, it didn't look as ai as some of this. Some of this ais get ridiculous. We can all agree on that it looks meaning that it looks so real.
Speaker 1: The chubby filter, it looked real.
Speaker 14: I think all the filters should go away then, And if you're gonna take one filter away, take all of them.
Speaker 4: Well, the story and everything about it, it's all the looking at girls blog down.
Speaker 1: You stand for something, you'll fall for anything. That's so.
Speaker 4: If you got in while the getting in was good, if it was good for you, then that's it. But I'm sorry, Chili, the chubby filter is done. God you can't find it. I'm heartbroken. What am I going to do now? You know I wanted to look chubby instead of looking this sexy.
Speaker 1: You know, he was throwing a chubby filter on everybody. Yeah that's all.
Speaker 14: Hey, now that's all I've been doing all my life, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 14: I'm actually real skinny, but I put those filters on. Try to can't fish.
Speaker 1: People, you know, just living in a filter. Yeah, my whole life is ruined. It's been a bit all right.
Speaker 4: Sorry that it's gone, dude, it's gone. The story is on the looking at sea. We have now go for the pictures, stay for the articles. I got a pair of tickets to go see BlackBerry Smoke March twenty eight, seven one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: I'll say call her ten.
Speaker 4: Just keep in mind the man is in morning of a app being gone now scrubbed from TikTok seven.
Speaker 1: Five looking for caller number.
Speaker 5: Ten Houston Rock Houston's alternative All Day and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety five because yeah that's us.
Speaker 4: Good morning, everybody. Milf Monday still number one link today. Still got some new faces though, popping up on the hashtag Monday selfie, which is great, thank you. And then I got some people on the phone here I got well, I got one person on the phone. Hi, Oh hello, I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: What is your name? We gotta play that gender Bender game? Yes?
Speaker 4: I kept once a week comes, I'm like, we got to play that game. Uh Kensley, where are you from? From?
Speaker 1: Movie?
Speaker 2: But I have lived in since like four years ago?
Speaker 4: Oh you've been here four Okay? Well listen, have you been to the seven one to three Music Hall yet?
Speaker 7: I have?
Speaker 2: I think we saw Elijah Blessing as the Canadians wherever a.
Speaker 4: Goot time she was playing though, you're right, well, oh there's Alex.
Speaker 1: That was That was for Alex. He's getting barfed in the mouth.
Speaker 4: Uh, there's your that's a bell for you. I've got tickets. It's this week though, okay, it's twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: I should probably do that for you. Oh that's Friday night. That would be incredible. Who were seeing?
Speaker 4: It's BlackBerry smoke. You're like, okay, Rod, I don't know who this is. Trust in trust in Rod, trust me when I tell you this is a rock band and they're going to rock your ass and you're gonna love it. You and your guest seven one three Friday night, Okay, go see this band live.
Speaker 2: I sure will.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, have a great time. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Hang on for me, all right.
Speaker 4: Online It's als online ninety four five the muzz Sorry what you got?
Speaker 1: All right? This is today's a weel is unseen sides.
Speaker 5: Of well known places, and you're gonna get to see stuff like the.
Speaker 1: End of the Great Wall of China go into the water.
Speaker 4: I've never seen that wallah. Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You're telling me that thing winds up.
Speaker 1: In the water.
Speaker 5: First picture you'll get to see here is you go see the end of it, and it's got a little rounded end and it goes into the water. I mean, really, the Mongolians could have just gone around it. I think it seems like being great. You would have thought it would have gotten like a mile into the ocean, but.
Speaker 1: I guess I had no idea.
Speaker 5: You can see Mount Fuji taken from the International Space Station to the very top of Mount Fuji. You see an underwater sinkhole in Tuloom, Mexico. But be careful in your flight back, don't hog the bathroom. You see a sunset on Mars, and the picture across from the Mona Lisa that no one ever looks at. That's what the Mona Lisa is looking at. Nobody really ever gets to see that because you're looking at.
Speaker 1: The Mona Lisa. This is kind of brilliant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the unseenes are the back of the sphinx. You look at the sphinx's ass. You can check that out. We kind of got a donk on it.
Speaker 4: We should put the back of Chili's head because everybody was just sees him from the front. Oh yeah, it's like, listen, this is the guy has a back to that head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a real person with a full head, full head.
Speaker 4: He's got a full head of head, full head of head, full head of head.
Speaker 1: You can go, so go check it out.
Speaker 5: You can see all this at the world Finish rod ryanshowpage, the buzz dot com.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Show on Nyan Show.
Speaker 4: On this Monday, it's nine eight. What time does Chilie give that money away? Like right before we get out of here? Does he wait till fifty ten? Does he do nine fifty Chilie?
Speaker 1: What do you do? I thought you would know.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I I feel like when I asked you a question, it's like asking him a question.
Speaker 1: Telepathic end of the show. Yeah, end of the show.
Speaker 14: I lost all my powers as a filter went away.
Speaker 1: You're gonna give somebody one hundred dollars today?
Speaker 14: Huh yes, at nine fifty.
Speaker 1: I will announce it the first thing I said. Okay, of course I know him. So that's been.
Speaker 4: That's been the brunt of the activity on our Facebook page. It is the hashtag Monday selfie our friends over at shoew Federal Credit Union offering up one hundred bucks. I think we got a couple of weeks of this left Chili.
Speaker 1: That's a question mark.
Speaker 14: So after this one, we have one more left.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, I think to see it go. Yeah, I love it. I love it. I I like seeing you guys.
Speaker 4: I also like the interaction sometimes when I need help with a topic and and you guys are just such a great resource. Meaning you guys listen to the show and you're on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Not that you guys right here, I'm pointing to my guys.
Speaker 4: Great resources, great resources. But it's always nice to get some extra opinions too. So sometimes I'll and Julie's like, what are you doing on Facebook already?
Speaker 1: I'm like, don't worry about it, Damn He's like, what are you doing on Facebook this early?
Speaker 4: I'll put this stuff up at four in the morning, and it says what profession?
Speaker 1: Would you never date a magician?
Speaker 4: I never thought of it, But it'd be tough, you think, like like dating a stripper would not be cool. Porn star OnlyFans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been trying fans.
Speaker 4: These are things like, oh, dude, like you could like you think you could pull it ondly fans.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's kind of tough man, especially like me, I'm greedy.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not looking to date. I'm just saying I don't know. I didn't, I don't I don't think. I don't think I I would date somebody with only fans.
Speaker 1: I just don't think I would. But again, we're talking about a profession.
Speaker 4: If they did that for a living, yeah, if you have an only fans on the side.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, you know, it would be tough for me.
Speaker 4: And it's weird because you're not getting out of a whole profession and that's not cool.
Speaker 1: But I I feel.
Speaker 4: I think most people know that we can kind of turn on and turn off. You got this radio show and then boom, everybody know you got a kid, you got barfed in the mouth, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You're a different you know. I don't think politicians turn it off. I don't.
Speaker 4: I think when you're a politician and that's your profession, I don't think there's a there's an off button. And I'm not going around all these ribbon cuttings and I'm not going to all these these the coolest thing.
Speaker 1: I'd be a trophy husband. I that rock. I could not date a politician.
Speaker 5: You get all the like, all this the info, and then you get corrupted.
Speaker 1: That's one of it's it's inside of trading somebody that is so fired up about politics. You know. I have a fear of anybody that's fired up about anything. That's true.
Speaker 4: I do, like, you know, craft beer guy. I'm not looking to date craft beer guy either. I'm just saying when somebody's like so into something politics, would be tough for me to date somebody.
Speaker 1: If that was there, that was their occupation. I don't think there's an off button on that. Yeah, I don't three come to mind. When I'm trying to just like off the top of my head and it's an occupation that wouldn't that you wouldn't date like a pastor or a minister.
Speaker 4: I feel like, just like, okay, I don't align with all those values.
Speaker 5: And then I'm not I would you'd look down on me, so they probably wouldn't date me anyways.
Speaker 6: Magician much tricky, I don't want okay.
Speaker 1: And then therapist bingo because you're like, will you. I can't argue with you.
Speaker 5: You're trying to turn me around and twist my head into a pretzel like maybe you're not, but I don't know if you are, and I think you are.
Speaker 4: I would like the challenge. See, Okay, I got two thoughts on this. Like a lawyer, I feel like I'm up for arguing.
Speaker 1: I think I could. Yeah, I feel like I'm up for those kinds of arguments. I think I could.
Speaker 4: I could really law I feel like I could duel with a lawyer a little bit and argumentative, you know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I got there's a little dog in this, in this in my fight over here.
Speaker 4: But a therapist wanting to sit down and talk about stuff all the time, you couldn't argue with them.
Speaker 1: They're professional at it. I couldn't do that. Yeah, I don't think I could do that.
Speaker 4: Psychologist psychiatrists, psychologists. Yeah, therapist, Now if you have apparently this person had a problem with a locksmith. Okay, Like that's it. You're done with locksmith's now. It seems very specific, but okay, that was your answer.
Speaker 1: That's it. None of these.
Speaker 4: Oh and then somebody has said trophy maker, like I'm not trophy makers, like, no way, no way. Listen you those trophy makers historically trophy maker.
Speaker 1: You know what it sounds like, troublemaker. So I understand you.
Speaker 4: There's things like, uh, teachers, Like wow, it seems like you had a problem with a teacher. Yeah, are teachers problematic? Like for the reasons? Is there an obvious reason?
Speaker 1: Like I just said, okay, like I it'd be cool to dat a lawyer. I'd be up for arguing about everything.
Speaker 4: Yea, and some reasoning any arguments you had with somebody else, Like hey, could is there any legal action here? But for for the reason that I said therapist, It's like, you know, there's a reason that I don't think I would date a therapist. Model came up. Police lots of law enforcement, lots of law enforcement. We backed the blue around here, We backed the blue.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 4: But I'm just wondering because I think the opposite. I think police pull a ton of ass.
Speaker 1: I do too. I think they pull a ton of ass.
Speaker 4: But then I also think that it's like it's like a swimming pool at a home. At a home, there's just a certain group of people that don't want to pull They're not going to look at that house.
Speaker 1: I think police officers. Let me know if this is true.
Speaker 4: Are you do you feel that you're polarizing because you know that you pull ass with that outfit?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean sorry, popular demograph.
Speaker 1: Your uniform sir, Sorry, you know that little outfit you guys wear, you're costumed.
Speaker 4: Lawyers came up here a couple of times. Truck driver and I think that has to do with not being around over the road. Truck driver. Pilots came up more than once. I think they're all.
Speaker 1: I think they're gone a lot. Maybe I I don't know. Uh, okay, it came up more than once.
Speaker 4: Chefs, even one chef ratted them out. One percent would not date a chef. Been a chef for thirty years. My people are the worst.
Speaker 1: Really, like you're you're you're ratting out your own Yeah, it's I don't know. The kitchen. It seems like it'd be sick to have somebody to cook in cool food for you all the time. Okay, when are they working every weekend, every holiday? Yeah, unless you get to the Emerald Agasi when you just have some als working for I guess some TV shows. I get that. Politicians came up again, attorneys, which.
Speaker 4: Is lawyer, doctors, lawyers, A lot of doctors and lawyers, which is rich. But you're led to believe I'd rather married a doctor. You're led to believe that that's what everyone's looking for. A doctor and a lawyer, you know, and it's just you constantly, we've been we've been pounded with that since they won become a doctor, become a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Those are like.
Speaker 4: Those upper crust type jobs, you know, anyone in an adult adult industry. Yeah, I figured that would probably be like the most popular one adult stars bodybuilder, Yeah, I talk about that.
Speaker 1: But somebody's fitness chicks.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, you're not gonna you're not snacking ever around them.
Speaker 1: That's it. They're gonna slap. No, they're gonna slap that that girl Scout cookie out of your hand. I mean, my protein.
Speaker 4: Content creator because because you're the one that's taking the pictures. Let's face it. Let's face it. Okay everywhere. Can you imagine dating someone that did that for a living? Now, if they're a content creator, they're probably pretty hot both sides.
Speaker 1: Dude, chicks, they're probably pretty hot. But how you're.
Speaker 4: Taking pictures of them all the time? Okay, you are definitely you are definitely their minion. And then you get to have sex with him once in a while, but you're the minion. You're there content minion.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: I'm sure the sex is awesome, but other than that, it's like everywhere you go is a content thing and you're doing that that.
Speaker 1: Would that would talk to me.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna go check out this donuts, that would make.
Speaker 4: Me nuts or Okay, fine, I still want to date you. But Manuel is coming with us everywhere we go. Now, either you don't want to take the pictures, great, Manuel, it's a table for three everywhere we go.
Speaker 1: No, I'm out, I'm not doing it. All right, Well, that's that's a good discussion. That is a discussion that's happening on our Facebook page.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan shows here.
Speaker 13: Okay, I like that Wizard the Metallica in the morning, beautiful ninety four.
Speaker 4: The bus Metallica is enter Sandman, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan's showing over.
Speaker 4: A twenty percent chance of rain moving forward, mostly cloudy skies, highs up around eighty four. Gave away a ton of stuff so far, we did. Silly did leave one thing for you on Know the Show. A four pack of tickets to the Houston Roughnecks season opener against the Saint Louis BattleHawks that's going down Friday night, TDECU Stadium, Single game and season tickets are on sale now through ticketmaster dot Com.
Speaker 1: A four pack of tickets.
Speaker 4: On the flip of this break, Alex will have a question for you Know the show coming up.
Speaker 1: Stay there, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Bus ninety four or five buzz Good morning, rod Ryan Show. We're right into raptings up here today. It's a big ticket. Chilly's gonna be placing it all over the place all week long. But he said, we have these every day. A four pack of tickets to the Houston roughneckt season opener against the Saint Louis but BattleHawks Friday night, TDECU Stadium Single game and season tickets are available now through ticketmaster dot com. All right, be there at the home opener Friday night. What's your question?
Speaker 1: What artists did we talk about today?
Speaker 5: That's releasing a thirty track album again, I think for the third time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty plus.
Speaker 4: It might be thirty seven songs this time it's seven one three, two one two five, nine four five.
Speaker 11: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting.
Speaker 4: Ninety four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio, Houston's rock and Alternative Rob Ryan's show, Getting ready to wrap things up?
Speaker 1: Let's do that. He's now time for I Know this show on ninety four five The Buzz. Lala la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la Good morning, Hello, Hello, Hi, who's this? Yes? This is Ryan? Hey Ryan, welcome to the show. How are you today? Doing great? Thank you? Good to have you on.
Speaker 4: Bro Alex has a question for you. Got a pretty great prize here. Let's close out strong.
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 5: What artists did we talk about today that is releasing another thirty plus album track?
Speaker 1: I believe it is Morgan Wallen, it is it is awesome. Yeah, we talk about all that stuff here on this show.
Speaker 4: You have any thoughts on a Yeah? Yeah, I know people love him? Is he is he three double albums in a row?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Is he that great a songwriter? Is everything greater?
Speaker 4: Is he needs to sip through these things and maybe just put out all killer and no filler?
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts? If you know him? Man, he's awesome.
Speaker 14: Everything he's put out so far as the fire, He's probably got three or four hits on the radio at a time.
Speaker 1: So I like it. It's great artists.
Speaker 4: So you want him to put out I mean, listen, we're not stopping him, but you're cool. He's putting out there. He's got an album coming out. It's thirty seven tracks. You're like, yes, I need more. More is always better with him?
Speaker 1: No kidding? Okay, all right, well listen, dude.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, Thank you Houston Roughnecks season opener Friday Friday Night, Dude, you're in congratulations? All right, all right, all right man, thank you for listening to the song.
Speaker 1: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 4: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast, Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com