Speaker 1: Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I know ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Kee Ril, Yes.
Speaker 1: Sir, Throwback Thursday. Good morning everybody. Rob Ryan Show checking in. You'll be voting all morning long on your throwback Thursday. Song that you want? Played today at nine thirty. Okay, there's that fix the gram Thursday today. Yes, one of our more popular days with the Instagram feature Chili's favorite day Suburb Summer Sizzler Game number three here he Hockley takes on Conroe today at eight twenty, but man three games today on the show. Freshout event Head to Head Oscar came into our lives. He was a fresh fish yesterday he overd a slow medium fast Andrew so Oscar former fresh fish going for win number two. Fresh out of Bed Head to Head played at six twenty. At seven twenty, we play Read my Lips eight twenty Summer of Summer Sizzler. Did you hear me Read my Lips? At seven twenty? I need your word suggestions. Okay, it's an hour earlier than we normally playing. Brod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets coming your way in homeroom. You'll get those on your fun fact flashback, excuse me, and lots of rain today and you're probably right now ninety percent chance of rain throughout the morning show today, Hi of eighty two, Good morning Tessa, one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, and good morning home Room.
Speaker 5: So last night, President Joe Biden gave a rare Oval office address to the nation to talk about his decision to withdraw from the twenty twenty four race for president. He spoke just for over eleven minutes. He said he felt it was decision. He said he believed his record, his leadership, and vision for America all merit to the second term, but that nothing can come in the way of saving our democracy. Republicans continue to question his fitness to serve out the remainder of his term. They were calling that the White House. The White House called those those questions, they called those ridiculous early yesterday after the speech. So that's what's going on on the national side. And then the now presumptive Democratic nominee, Vice President Kamala Harris, she will be in Houston today. She's delivering the keynote speech the American Federation of Teachers National Convention that's going on today this morning. She's expected to speak at ten am downtown at the Georgia Brown.
Speaker 4: All right, happy National Intern Day.
Speaker 5: Maybe go grab them a coffee for once, or just do nothing and tell them about this deal. Popeyees is giving out free chicken sandwiches for National Intern Day. And here's the thing. You have to spend ten bucks and sign up for the rewards programs.
Speaker 4: So how are they verifying you're really an intern? They're not.
Speaker 5: They say the deal is intended for summer interns, but anyone can take advantage of it. So they have to order through Popeye's website or app. To get the deal, you have to pick it up, no delivery. There is a little special going on at Popeyes right now. Pixar is filling all the emotions with the continued success of Inside Out two. It's now the top grossing animated film of all time at the global box office.
Speaker 4: It finished with.
Speaker 5: Over one point four to six billion dollars to surpass fellow Disney film Frozen two for the top spot. The film also passed Barbie earlier this week on Monday to climb to number thirteen on the lists of all time grossing films. So we have a list of all of the animated classics. Inside Out two now sits at number one, followed by Frozen two, the Super Mario Brothers movie, and so on. Okay, the first look at the trailer for the Bob Dylan movie A Complete Unknown stars Timothy Shalome and it is awesome. Timothy Shalame is really talented, so I'm glad they got him to tell this story of a young nineteen year old Bogs who comes to New York with like.
Speaker 4: Two bucks in his pocket.
Speaker 5: This is all according to Mangold, who previously produced a Ford directed Ford Versus Ferrari, So really cool. On the music Bog page, I highly suggest you go watch it. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: I think Timothy Shellman he's doing the he's singing.
Speaker 4: He is doing the singing on this all right?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, finally, yeah.
Speaker 6: Astros did get away. Yesterday. They blew out the A's eight to one.
Speaker 7: They avoided being swept by Oakland in the series, and fifty three and forty nine on the season, still a game ahead of the Mariners for first place in the Al West, though I'll have a day off today before opening up a weekend series.
Speaker 6: With the Dodgers tomorrow night at Minute Made Park.
Speaker 7: In some Olympic news, the Olympic opening ceremonies are tomorrow, but Olympic events have already started. Yesterday, the US men's soccer team got their ass kicked by France three to nothing, and the US men's team tied France, who is a metal favorite, twelve to twelve. Today, the US women's soccer team is going to play their first game of Olympic actually against Zambia. That'll kick off at two and you can watch it on USA Network that because what's going on?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go. That other game was rugby, right rugby?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 7: Saw that on two EU studians on the men's sevens team.
Speaker 1: I saw dude from the Woodlands score.
Speaker 6: And then like like local, like closer to here.
Speaker 1: Yeah there's a Woodlands guy. Do you score in rugby?
Speaker 6: Swear try? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I was watching a little bit of that yesterday. Here we go, guys, four hours of pain starts right now. First phone call could be all yours if you want it, come get it all right. I'm specifically asking for the first phone call this morning, seven one, three, two win two five nine five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four five The Buzz. Good Morning, rob Ryan's Show starting out with KSBIS is always a good thing for us. Here four hours of pain Underway, throw Back Thursday. Have you checked out the songs yet? Chilly has them for you. On links and guests, I saw that he's got information about the suburbs. I'mer Sissler. He's got the rod Ryan Show Cares online store, he's got looking at Girls, he's got Fixed the Graham Thursday. These are just some of the links that are already rocking on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at Thebuzz dot com. Hello everybody watching us on Facebook Live. I see that we are often running on Facebook this morning on the X you can watch the show. You can watch us on our YouTube channel. I spoke with a friend of the show. He's been a longtime friend of the show. Comedian Craig gas is in town this week and I got a chance to speak with him. I saw that is on our YouTube page and on the Buzz YouTube page. And then maybe we'll check in with Craig tomorrow. But he's got a couple of shows here in town. So I got a chance to speak with him after the show yesterday. So those are some of the newer things. Oscar was very very new yesterday. Oscar was a former fresh fish. Well he was a fresh fish yesterday when he came into our lives. He won the game. He's going for win number two fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. We'll play that game at around six twenty, the first of three games today on the show. What are we doing? Just playing games all day?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Read my lips seven twenty. Who's did we did? You guys figure out who's playing?
Speaker 4: I think it's Alex and Chile?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Okay?
Speaker 9: The boys?
Speaker 1: So mom, lock up to China. We're playing at seven twenty because the suburb Summer Sizzler is back in our lives. That game is at eight twenty every morning now for the duration of the tournament. Hockeley takes on conro Now back up, back up, back back back back back up to that read my lip situation. I need your words, man, I need your words. The reason we play at a twenty and we don't play at seven twenty anymore because I was stressing out because I didn't have the words in time for the game. So you guys, you're on the hook to send me all of those words that we're going to use. You need to email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com. What else?
Speaker 9: What up?
Speaker 10: Is that? Time for the first phone call?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 1: Is it Stephen? Is it Stephan? Who am I dealing with here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Step On or Steph?
Speaker 1: Steph? What's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Steph? How are you?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Good morning?
Speaker 1: I'm just uh, I'm just chilling, getting ready to start this Thursday Friday Eve show. I'm excited. We're gonna be very very busy today. And what's going on in your world?
Speaker 2: Done? Okay, five o'clock in the morning, alive? Got it?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 1: Are you calling from the mountain?
Speaker 2: Time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Time in Denver.
Speaker 1: You're in Colorado somewhere. It's six ' ten, dude, older?
Speaker 2: Maybe not. I'm calling from Houston. Okayian took all the numbers, so you.
Speaker 1: Know, Stephan, Thank you, bro. Have a great day. I don't think I was going anywhere with that. Let's go on. We got to get into a break here on the flip got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending and then I'll be looking for someone to go up against Oscar, Maybe Steph. I'll call back of us rock and alter the rod.
Speaker 10: Ryan Morning Show six to Am four or.
Speaker 1: Five Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, nine Chance of rain Man. That's almost all of us obviously, Yeah, and it's going to be most of the time that we're on the air together today at rain coming through Hide today of around eighty two throwback Thursday. I have you voted yet? Get over to the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. Do something about that, Tessa. What's trending?
Speaker 5: Southwest is going to get rid of open seating? They say, what, Yeah, they're going to start offering extra leg room seats and the biggest shift of the airlines fifty three years of flying, making it look a lot more like its bigger airline rivals.
Speaker 4: This is pretty much a breaking story. Alex sent me this.
Speaker 6: Oh my, Yeah.
Speaker 5: They plan to offer pricier seats with the extra leg room and end open seating on the planes. The shifts are the most major in Southwest more than five decades of flying. So this they're saying they're going to start selling the seats with a new cabin option. Next year, which is I don't know, that's like six months, right, So that's that. Another thing that is trending is that remember yesterday we were talking about how they're gonna pay Selene beyond two million dollars to perform at the Olympic opening ceremony.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the Olympics, Right, they don't pay.
Speaker 5: No, they they're still saying Selene will earn two million dollars from the performance the Olympics, covering her travel expenses. So I don't know who's fronting the money for Selene, but Lady Gaga also getting a little bit of a paycheck. They're performing Levite and Rose, which is like some it's a French song. Well, no, she was performing it when she was in a Star is Born. Remember she was in like that cabaret bar type scene. Okay, you never watched The Star Is Born. There's like five of them. You had so many chances that and then our Instagram Thursday.
Speaker 4: Those are the things that are trending. On ninety four five, the bush right by the way.
Speaker 6: Make my top ten?
Speaker 7: Oh what did make my top ten? I know that the person who submitted it.
Speaker 1: Was wondering, oh, yeah, you have a top ten well, you know you, guys.
Speaker 9: We'll get that.
Speaker 7: Not just quitter.
Speaker 6: It's not coming out, gotcha bench.
Speaker 1: It will all right. Well, check out today's tiks to gram Thursday. See if that works its way into your top ten. We have a champion here, a new guy from yesterday.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: It is his former fresh fish Oscar.
Speaker 9: So I'm saying I just shot the words.
Speaker 13: I am your fresh out of bed hit to hit one day champion meeting slow slow Andrew. Two questions to answers. Join me on Thursday when I'm making win number two.
Speaker 1: Vis YAPPI seven one three two one two five nine four five If you think you could beat this guy Oscar. We don't know much about him, man. He came into our lives yesterday for the first time. Oh call, now here's blank within eighty two, ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good morning, Rob Ryan's show, That of course is blank within eighty two. This is Throwback Thursday. The songs are on links and guests, you need to go and vote on them. I don't know when the hell we're gonna play song clips for you, but you are doing a decent job. I need you to do a better job. Okay, read my lips. Okay, bunch just came in. Thank you, Rusty, Josh Tree, Melissa, Daniel One. I'll go look at them all. A bunch of words just came in. Words for the game, Ring my lips. We're playing an hour early though, that's why I'm there's a little panic in my voice. We're playing at seven twenty this morning because the suburb Summer Sizzler is at eight twenty. But we got a game right here. Let's go. Let's play this game. And now it's.
Speaker 8: Time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Yesterday it was a fresh fish now season veteran Oscar, good morning, Yes, sir, appreciate you sending in that hammer picture yesterday too, Bro, thank you bank, no pid, no tid. Okay. Did you like winning?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 1: Did you like the feeling of winning?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: Was it a good taste?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 13: I've been wanting to play for a couple of years now, and I was nervous, like crazy, man, But I think I think I got it though.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen, you want to keep it rolling. You got to win today. Taking you out or wanting to take you out? Is David? Hi, David.
Speaker 2: Warning.
Speaker 1: So apparently you were the guy that said, Hey, I can beat Oscar.
Speaker 2: Huh, I'm gonna I'm gonna give it all.
Speaker 1: Now you have not played the game before. This is your fresh show man. That's all. Get me some fresh e's on the show.
Speaker 7: Fish fish a fisher.
Speaker 1: Well, all you gotta do is what Oscar did yesterday. Shout out your name before the other guy give me the correct answer. You do that twice, and I believe Oscar only used two questions yesterday. You'll win this.
Speaker 4: I rode around you a T shirt.
Speaker 1: Okay, David, you feel like you're prepared for this.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to roll.
Speaker 1: Okay. All you gotta do a shout out your name when think you know the answer, Oscar, do what you did yesterday. You'll be fine. Here comes to questions very fresh, Both players are very fresh. Question number one, what city in Tennessee is said to be the home of Country Monster? That hm, Oscar, David, don't hurt yourself hang on Oscar, Nashville. Nashville is a correct answer. Okay, David, you okay, sounds like you pulled something. Oh good, Okay, that oh damn, there goes my back. All right, Uh, David, say your whole name. Uh say it before Oscar, and then I'll call on you to answer. Okay, all right, all right, there we go. Question number two, fresh David, and still fairly fresh. Oscar. What mountain has four men carved into the side of it?
Speaker 2: Oscar mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Hey, this guy's pretty good. All right, Hey, this guy's pretty good.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 4: That's two days to more questions like that.
Speaker 1: He's telling us he's nervous. I'm not buying that at all. Oh, David, that's it.
Speaker 2: I tried.
Speaker 1: No, no, I heard it. It was right after Oscar that it really was all you watch what's funny? You watch yourself, David. Don't even go there. Don't even go there.
Speaker 11: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that. I'll give you that. It was kind of close. Okay, all right, as long as it was at least kind of close. Let me guess it sounded different on your phone, just a.
Speaker 2: Little fit, but all right, all right, a party.
Speaker 1: All right, David. I can't wait for you to hear the podcast.
Speaker 4: And then Damon's got giggling.
Speaker 1: He is a giggling guy, David, go listen. When's the podcast usually up for this. It's a different day now. You got to play read my lips next hour. It's to be at by nine by eight by eight, okay, David, go listen to the podcast before eight by eight o'clock and then email me back. All right, please, perfect, Thank you guys. You'll have a good day, all right, man, Thank you as you listen to the podcast, and then you'll hear what we're hearing, and then you'll hear that Oscar got through. Hey dude, Oscar, good game, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was still nervous though.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're fooling some of us here. I'm one of them that's being fooled by your nerves. You're crushing these people. All right, bro, I need another great victory speech out of you. Sit tight here. Stained ninety four to five The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Stained lowist in me. Stained coming to town. Get your ticket information, concert information links to the place to buy your tickets. All that's on the mainframe by logging onto thebuzz dot com. Rain is the big story today. Ninety percent chance of rain. It's gonna keep it cooler. Out there. His around it too, But yeah, most of us are getting some brain right now. Didn't bother Oscar a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 13: Good morning everybody, after still getting a turn, I am your friend out of bed, tad to hit two day champions. Sorry, no one pump jump here, no matter of fact. My only first two games, I've only used four questions. Join me on three beer Friday when I make you win win number three busy At.
Speaker 1: I like him, I like the guy he said. He's like yeah, and then off air he's like, dude, I just got to tell you I love this game. I love this show. He's been waiting a long time to play. He's making good use of his time Again. Yesterday he was a fresh fish. Four questions, two questions to answers, two games.
Speaker 4: The busy Aches, sticking in.
Speaker 1: The busy Aches. Now Adam is a little He's like Oscar is a season vet. He's fooling us all. He's probably in rod Ryan Show jail. He's using another name to get through. He doesn't doesn't believe that this is the break new player, interesting theory. Come on, come on, you just sometimes new guys just drop in and they're like, Hey, I've been waiting my whole life for this. Feet don't fail me now. And they're not failing them, that's for sure. Okay, Mom's spaghetti.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart.
Speaker 8: Body's this the fu FA to the day?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Brought us some new fun facts for you, Chillie. I don't see Captain Cash anywhere you leave him outside of the rain. All right, here comes some fun facts the the guy that invented the children's ballpit. I like these kind of fun facts because I like to know, like, where was the inspiration? Where did you come up with that idea? The inventor of the children's ballpit got the idea when he was looking at pickled onions floating in a jar at a bar, and he thought, I wonder what it'd be like to crawl around through those onions floating in that water.
Speaker 5: How many martinis do you think he had before he had that little thought?
Speaker 1: I know, but I can't tell you how many things that have been done on this show that had been written on a bar napkin before Boom Barnapkins. One of the restaurants their napkins are the layout of the bar. Ah, what do you mean? What's the sports bar? The guys from Baton Rouge and they got one out in Katie now, walk on, walk on. I believe, I believe. I believe the napkins in the bar are the hand drawn here's what we should do. Like they made a copy of it, and that's what the bar napkins are. Because yeah, because they were sitting at a bar and they're like, let's come up with their own bar.
Speaker 6: John Taffer would love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then me, don't do it, Okay, don't open a bar, just don't. That's dumb. Bubble gum is pink. A lot of it is pink. The original bubble gum was pink. It's the only color of food coloring that the inventor had available at the time.
Speaker 6: That is fun.
Speaker 1: Whoa, let's go with pink.
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Do they still put bubble gum in baseball cards?
Speaker 4: I haven't like a baseball cards.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was the worst because it would be sitting on top of that one card and it would ruin it a lot of times. It would if those cards were older, boom, and then like it would be sitting on top of a Reggie Jackson. I have some nice cards that have a stain on him from the bubble gum, and the bubble gum was always terrible.
Speaker 6: That's character that.
Speaker 1: Well, this kind of you looking at what's going on in our current history. Only four people in American history have won a presidential election as a sitting vice president. That's neat. Kamala Harris is going for that right now. John Adams did it, Thomas Jefferson did it, Martin Van Buren Alex a big Van Buren guy, and George H. W. Bush pulled it off.
Speaker 9: It's the fuck back in the day.
Speaker 6: Yep, we make you look smart, the fun back to the day.
Speaker 1: You got any tickets over there?
Speaker 5: I have some passes to the Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 6: What you can buy these right No?
Speaker 1: What the hottest ticket in town right now? Twentieth Anniversary party tickets. All the details are on uh the buzz dot com. I mean it's everywhere. It's it's pasted on the links and guests we're having a party. You can't buy your way in. You have to win your way in, and you can do so right now.
Speaker 9: It's your.
Speaker 1: K homeroom, here's your turn. More than half of these in the United States are man made seven one three two one two five nine four five. Think about it. Come through. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Oh, there's hell. He's not in the rain. He's on the phone. Hi. How brother, Good morning, brother, hel How did we do on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 2: Terrible?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: That was down five hundred and four points?
Speaker 15: Come on, thirty nine thousand, eight fifty three, NASTAC down six hundred and fifty four to seventeen thousand, three hundred and forty two, Bench Martinar treasuries at a four point two three percent, and oil STANSUS seventy six dollars sixty three cents of Barrow two. Most actors, the big studs Johnson and Johnson, Brizon and Coca Cola, the big duds Za, Intel and Microsoft.
Speaker 2: On the economicccount of this.
Speaker 16: Morning, we're gonna get numbers for the gross message product for the second quarter, also the durable goods orders for June. Right now, futures just slightly on the down. It's like, come on, we need to turn this baby around.
Speaker 2: That's it. I'm oulier.
Speaker 16: This is Halan managed director with the Ramy James pretty for the right Ryans So from Ramy James on stan Fleet and a Gusta end up to get the Ois rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 14: Viman's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates, Income Ever NYC, as IDC, Iron Radio or sponsors informations mased in sources believed to be real well, but it is not guaranteed.
Speaker 10: There's no insurance transmisson.
Speaker 14: We'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. Your program is an educational and informational serposes one thests it does. It's based on the movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Yes ninety four or five the Bus. Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. I Love You Homeroom.
Speaker 11: I know you know that.
Speaker 1: I hope you know that. I love you Homeroom. First hour of the show. We can play read my lips right now. Now. We can't nice, but we could if we had to. I've got enough words. I've got more than enough words, and I haven't gone through all of them yet. You guys have really come through. We're playing read my lips at seven twenty today, so you could hear the panic in my voice that I needed to get those words out of the way. Who's on the phone here? Let me well at least hi, Good morning, Hello, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 2: This is Emily Stubedo.
Speaker 1: Hi, Emily, Welcome to the show. Let's get your intro.
Speaker 12: It's your fuck.
Speaker 1: There you go. We're flashing back to yesterday. Big ticket. More than half of these in the United States are man made. What are we talking about?
Speaker 17: Rake?
Speaker 1: Yeah, lakes, the one hundred largest lakes in America. Half of them are man made. Emily, you're rid.
Speaker 17: Of the twentieth Yes, the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, and it's going to be the party of the season.
Speaker 1: You're in October twelfth, Carbach Brewery. We got the right person here? Are you the right person to be at age? Yes? Yes, yes, yes, all right, you got a pair of tickets. Thanks for being a part of Home Room. You rule. He ALEXA playing ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio getting ninety four point five bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Wakey, wakey, hands off those Cupcakey's Rod Ryan Show. Another pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, blown out. Don't worry, it's all great tickets today on the show. Stp tickets going to the winner of Reading My Lips. I love every one of you that sent me words so early this morning. I'm in such a good mood. We're ready to go. We're going to play this game no problem. At seven twenty today the boys are taking each other on the Twins. We'll be going at it head to head, and then the Suburb Summer Sissler will be at eight twenty. So yeah, it's a big, big morning. Three big games today and rain all day today. Rain, come on, let me keep it cooler. Heins of around eighty two. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: I sure new President Joe Biden gave a rare Oval Office address to the nation last night. He talked about his decision to withdraw from the twenty twenty four race for president, so he gave He spoke for just over eleven minutes. He spelt it was a right decision according to him. He said he believed his record, his leadership and vision for America. All merited a second term, but that nothing can come in the way of saving our democracy. So Republicans continuing to question Biden's fitness to serve out the remainder of his term. Those calls White House called ridiculous earlier yesterday, And that's.
Speaker 4: The political tea.
Speaker 5: Actually, I have a little more tea for you because Vice President Kamala Harris is visiting Houston today.
Speaker 4: So as far as we know, she touched.
Speaker 5: Down in ellington Field yesterday in the Air Force too. She has a plan speech at the door jar Brown Convention Center this morning. She's going to speak at at ten am. So she hit the ground running when she hit ellington Field.
Speaker 4: She made a.
Speaker 5: Stop at the Houston Office of Emergency Management to get an update on Hurricane Beryl recovery efforts. There was she was talking to Mayor Whitmeyer and yeah, again set to give that keynote address at ten. There are three hundred and fifty American Federation of Teacher delegates that have voted to endorse her as the Democratic Party nominee.
Speaker 4: So yeah, pretty significant.
Speaker 1: Wonder where she went out to eat last night?
Speaker 4: Me too?
Speaker 1: Where would you go? Papados Papasatos.
Speaker 4: Pappa does funds, maybe a game navigating the original?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: You probably haven't made travel plans based on how friendly the locals are to outsiders in a certain state, but that can have an impact on your trip goes. There is a ranking by Newsweek of all fifty states based on.
Speaker 4: How friendly they are to tourists, and Fixus is number one. That is right.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're the friendliest.
Speaker 2: Are we?
Speaker 10: I know?
Speaker 5: According to a survey of travelers on social media, New York was named the rudest state in America, So I guess that's how they're ranking it. Yeah, the friendliest state is Minnesota. Okay, but I think we have a pretty good reputation.
Speaker 1: You were just in New York. Did you find the people friendly or not friendly?
Speaker 5: I find the people indifferent, which I don't think is mean. I think everyone's just kind of doing their own thing, Like no one was out of their way rude to me, but you know what I mean. But no one's also like extra involved if I look lost or you know, I'm up to something. So I thought the rest of the rude oft state list was interesting. Arkansas, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Jersey.
Speaker 4: So there you go. That rounds out the top five.
Speaker 1: Route sacking up north.
Speaker 4: Hey you've been are you still dunking your face and ice over there?
Speaker 1: I did it for a week straight just to see if it did anything for me.
Speaker 12: Yours cold is cold.
Speaker 11: I liked it.
Speaker 1: I just don't do it every day, so it's a pain in the ass to do.
Speaker 5: You have to fill up the bowl with ice to do all that. That's how I feel about an ice bath when you have to do it yourself. But cold water immersion is all the rage, right. Ice bats they're supposed to help with inflammation, focus, and exercise recovery. So a lot of stars have them backstage now, but most people don't have the space or the money for an ice bath a cold dip. So is the cold shower like kind of the same thing. Someone talked to doctors and other experts about it, and the answer is you maybe get some of the same benefits. There haven't been a ton of studies, but in twenty twenty two, according to this study, people reported stress levels when they took a minute long cold shower every day.
Speaker 6: If you do this, Alex, you should start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you start with a cold shower and then it warms up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you hop in every shower, I leave it cold. It hoppen in the mornings.
Speaker 1: I leave it cold.
Speaker 6: Hop in.
Speaker 1: How long do you stand in that? I mean fully cold?
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, okay, it's cold, get it in, put your head in. Oh that's it.
Speaker 5: Sucks the warm bed to go from the warm bed to the cold shower.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it does.
Speaker 5: At least one expert also thinks these cold showers could improve your blood flow.
Speaker 4: So good on you. It could also boost your immune system.
Speaker 5: Jane's Addiction reunites for their first new songs in thirty four years ago, the rockers release Imminent Redemption yesterday. The track the band debut at a concert in London.
Speaker 1: Is this it?
Speaker 10: This? Is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Pocket.
Speaker 1: I love that it sounded like Jane Addiction. I love that it's the original members, that original bass player has a recorded with them since Ritual Di Loo Habitual, the drums, everything, I don't feel Perry's voice is hitting the marks that it used to. It sounds like classic Jane's Addiction. She's got a great song. It's just an okay song. Did you hear it? Did you listen to it when you were loading at n or. Yeah, it's just okay, okay, I got the full video. It's it's just like old footage of the original guys playing over this new songs.
Speaker 4: The Houston Sublins.
Speaker 18: I mean it's classic day Navarro. You know everything about it is cool sounding. I just don't know that the song is great, all right, Astro so the whim.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They blew out the A's yesterday eight to one, so they avoided being swept by Oakland in that series, and now fifty three and forty nine on the season, they still have a one game lead over the Mariners, your first place in the Al West. They're gonna have a day off today before they open up a weekend series with the Dodgers tomorrow night. At Minute Made in the Olympics, we got the opening ceremonies to tomorrow, but some Olympic events have already begun. Yesterday, the US men's soccer team lost to France three to nil, and the men's rugby team tied France, who's supposed to be a gold medal favorite.
Speaker 6: Nice the tide France twelve to twelve.
Speaker 7: And today the US women's socer team is going to kick off Olympic action against Zambia. That's going to kick off at two and you can watch it on USA Network. That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 1: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six am, The Buzz, Nirvana Dumb. Second hour of the show a Throwback Thursday. Let's do song clips here, let's talk about and there's a there's a theme Radio Wizard, so clever. There is a little theme going on with our songs today for Throwback Thursday. Before we get into that, Rain is the number one thing going on right now. Rain. Most of you are experiencing that it's going to be with us for a good chunk of the time that we spend together this morning. So please be careful out there on the roads. Wan says Kamala eight at the Live Oak Grill in sugar Land yesterday. Now, is he just trying to get me to say Live Oak Grill.
Speaker 4: And sugar I don't know, Like, how does he know that? Did he say? Did he send you a link? Like source?
Speaker 1: Trust me, bro, No, he didn't say I worked there. He didn't say I saw her there.
Speaker 6: He just listening to Past the Baby podcast too. That's interesting, I saw that you saw her doing that?
Speaker 1: Well, you don't even have to say that you just said I heard, I saw that she was very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just need like one source and I can vet that out and report it.
Speaker 1: You're doing a great job. I'm sending me these words suggestions. We are going to play Read my Lips this hour because the sumburb of Summer Sizzler is happening at a twenty Read my Lips this hour. I've got all my words. Man, I'm ready to go. I'll do one last scame for sure. But let's see what you guys are voting for.
Speaker 19: Droom ones know yesterday was over.
Speaker 1: Food A well, that's the unmistakable voice of brand from shine Down. This is the Crow and the Butterfly throwback Thursday today. Man, I'm getting older. So Shine Down is going to be coming in for the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. Brent and Zach are going to do an acoustic set for us. So a lot of people are voting for this, but not enough. It's in third place right now? What's doing better than this?
Speaker 9: I smile want I'm not afraid from.
Speaker 1: The see what's happening here? Do you see what's happening here? This is Blue October. Justin and Ryan are going to do an acoustic set for us at the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 9: Deep Breath.
Speaker 1: This song has such significance on this rod Ryan Show because Justin walked in with a burnt CD and said, we have a brand new song. You want to play it world premiere. He handed it to me, just like Colonel Parker handed Elvis's ascetate to the DJ in the fifties and they played it on the air. It was that moment, and We're listening to this thing for the very first time, and I'm standing with the guy that wrote the songs in the kitchen on.
Speaker 9: The pale only care in the world.
Speaker 1: I remember the moment hearing this for the first time, and I'm looking at him like you wrote this, Like why can't I do this? Why are you? Why did whoever the higher being put something in you that didn't put in me. I can't come up these words that melody. I can't do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, not okay, just coming up with it would be impressive, But then singing it the way he does, it's like double not fair.
Speaker 1: This is in second place?
Speaker 4: Okay, Wow, what your call.
Speaker 1: Of that one? What's in first place?
Speaker 11: Great song?
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, people like to rock and I get it. That Shinedown song eventually kicks in Blue October. It's just an amazing song. Theory of a dead man. Tyler, Dave and Joe are coming in for the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. They're gonna also do an acoustic set for us. And this was a huge song.
Speaker 4: I have so many like Savage memories, magn my.
Speaker 1: Girlfriend got it. So all bands in throwback on the Throwback Thursday today are going to be in for the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party October twelfth. We're gonna be at the Carbock Brewery. You can't buy tickets. You have to win your way in. There's no ticket sales for this, Okay, So again all day today you'll have a chance to win some tickets.
Speaker 2: God, this is so good.
Speaker 1: This is one of the most difficult Throwback Thursday of all time. Shine Down has seventeen percent of the vote. Blue October has twenty eight percent of the vote. Theory fifty four percent of the vote. Now, like you said, for now, what do you what do you think did it the blo October?
Speaker 6: I just think Bloctober has such like.
Speaker 7: This city and this station specifically, I'm not knocking either of the other two bands. I don't care who wins today. I'm very happy with whoever wins. But I think bl October has the bands that are going to vote like crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping for a three way tie to we listen all three wizards. There's a three way time. What will we do? Back to back to facts sucks? All right, those are your songs. They're all bangers. Today you vote on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the bus dot Com. I'm gonna do one last scan. We're getting ready for read my lips coming up? Oh there it is. Yeah, I'm gonna do one last scan of my emails here. If there's some great words, some greatness comes in in the next five minutes, I'll get you in twops. Okay, now, I really do have to take a break.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: A Am, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Okay, we'll well, we're gonna get into it. We're gonna get into a game reing my lips seven two. Yeah, alt vote for at least what five to six weeks now. We're gonna do it early because suburb Summer Sisslers parked at eight twenty had a ninety percent chance of rain highs of eighty two. Today.
Speaker 4: What's trending today is National Chili Dog Day. Yeah, it is really like sucking on a cho I know.
Speaker 5: What you want.
Speaker 1: We don't have time right now. We will make time today on the show, I promise, And I sent you new chili dogs on today, So we got two. We have a new one.
Speaker 5: The food blog page is really good. That's the headline on the food bog page. But the other stuff on there some hot cheeto news, I mean all of it. Also, flavor Flave was at the Aras tour and Taylor gave him a shout out. So flavor Flave has been in the news cycle a lot because he's.
Speaker 4: Like helping the women's water polo team at the Olympics. He's now getting a shout out from Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: On stage in Germany. So big, big, yeah, big blow up for flavor Flave there. Also, as far as what we do, we have a food blog page. Already mentioned that you're looking at girls' bog page doing well and the th Instagram Thursday sold the number one blog page on links and guests.
Speaker 4: That's what's trending on any four back of the buzz.
Speaker 1: Oh, people are torn on what's happening with our throwback Thursday selections.
Speaker 4: But now it's time to.
Speaker 1: Go to club. Do you have the drop? Or do I have the drop?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Do you have the drop?
Speaker 2: Or I have the drop?
Speaker 1: Is that one that I'm in charge of?
Speaker 10: The China?
Speaker 2: I have it?
Speaker 1: Let's see, I got blue shoe over here.
Speaker 4: When you say they're gonna break break China and all they do is come in and kiss each other, I had this drop.
Speaker 1: Is that your drop?
Speaker 2: What I was?
Speaker 1: All right for Alex? And then when the twins play each other, you're trying to the boys.
Speaker 5: Alright, let's be honest, that should be mine and Alex's dropped.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so.
Speaker 1: You got team Alex, you got team Chile ready to go. Chili is still tired from yesterday. I mean he is just whooped. That poor guy went home and dropped at the front door, took off his shirt and pants and dropped at the front door. I heard, okay, he was laying right there in the hallway and napped right there. Dogs licking away, nine dogs licking away.
Speaker 10: Him.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Who do you want to play for you? What are they trying to win?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of sea stone table pilots. We live in soul asylum.
Speaker 1: For the bat beat all right seven Web three two and two five ninety four five? Who you want playing for you? Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years.
Speaker 6: Of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, ninety four five, Okay, ninety four five The Buzz, Green Day's Holiday. Rod Ryan Show on a Throwback Thursday. I am so curious about this. I love following this race today. All songs that you have to choose from for Throwback Thursday are all bands are going to be in town helping us out with the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Blue October who called it a Blue October Home thirty five percent of the vote, Shine Down, Crown the Butterfly thirty four percent of the vote, and from first to worst a dead man in last place now with thirty percent of the vote. Now, I did say if it's thirty three point three three three percent on all three songs, Wizard's close to that? Do we still do it? We don't have time to play three songs at that moment. But it's gonna be a tight race. It's gonna be an incredibly tight race. Hey, Chili, what's going on, dude? I told a story. This is how I drew it up in my mind. When you left here yesterday, you walked into the front door of the house, tips, you took off your shirt and pants, and then you just dropped right there in the in the front area of your home, right there in the vestibule, and then boom, you just passed out right there, almost close. So when Miss Christina got home after watching London, she had to walk around you, and she just left you there, and you slept for a couple of hours right there inside the front door.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you were almost closed.
Speaker 20: What happened as soon as I got out of the truck, I just fell onto the b You slept outside, and then the dogs came out and they all dragged me into the house to the a c All right, well let's see, yeah, let's see.
Speaker 1: Who's who's playing or who's going to be rooting you guys on extra hard today. Michael, good morning, Good morning, Hey Michael, who's playing for you today?
Speaker 6: I'll take.
Speaker 2: Chili?
Speaker 1: Wait, did we did he did you not work this out with Chili already?
Speaker 2: No? I just I just called and you answered that was it?
Speaker 1: Huh, Yeah, this is Mike. Okay, let me see. Yeah, no, I know what it says, but yeah, he chose this is Mike. Wait, there's Michael and a Mike. Where's Mike Blackburn? Good morning, Mike Blackburn? Yeah, okay, Mike. Did you already work this out? Who's playing for you today?
Speaker 2: Mike?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I told Chili I was picking.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, but I was already taken by Mike Blackburn?
Speaker 1: So okay, So Mike Blackburn's got Chile. And then Michael, Michael. You're on team Alex Snow okay, Michael Garcia. Then Michael Garcia, Okay, Team Alex. Mike Blackburn, Okay, Michael, get it together.
Speaker 9: Twins are planes, the twins, same names.
Speaker 1: You know that's true.
Speaker 21: You're trying to.
Speaker 4: At it meaning they're hugging and kissing.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna go first?
Speaker 9: I would let my friend Alex go first.
Speaker 1: Returning champion.
Speaker 9: Yeah, big testa last time before we went on vacation.
Speaker 4: You don't have to bring it up.
Speaker 9: I mean I beat her twice.
Speaker 1: Holy Canoley's all right.
Speaker 4: It was your two wins?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my Alex, please change out your headphones. Michael Team, Alex, I've got three words for you. Once Alex puts on the headphones changes the music up, he will no longer be able to hear my words. Three words twenty seconds. Test is time keeping today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: Time I will all right, I'm looking for a thumbs up from Alex. Up here we go. First words sent in from Robert twenty seconds as soon as I right after I'm done saying the words, Okay, center pointless? Oh what center pointless? Center scissor bowling? Center pointless? Sister poison, center pointless? Lost on this center pointless? Yeah, I don't know pour center pointless.
Speaker 9: Time I thought he was going to give you a kid books names my lips.
Speaker 1: Give center pointless two weeks?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Power now, well, there's a few people I just saw on the news.
Speaker 3: Are's still no power?
Speaker 20: One of the first collars today still has no power. One of the first callars today. He said, Man, I want to talk about how I still don't have any power.
Speaker 4: Damn I should have taken that creaks my heart.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I fell for him big time, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Michael Team Alex, I see why you wanted chili. All right, here we go. Brittany said this one in. Don't tell him I said that. Twenty seconds on the clock. Thumbs up.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 22: Booty tickle, booty tickle, booty cycle tickle, booty sickle, booty tickle, booty tickle, booty tickle, booty tickle.
Speaker 4: Not to be confused with fanny flutter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like maybe that was meant for you chill. Yeah, booty tickle.
Speaker 9: Is the opposite of donkey punch.
Speaker 1: Titty ham tickle.
Speaker 21: What what do you say?
Speaker 9: That's that's what makes me crazy.
Speaker 1: When you say three words when you know I'm into yeah, it makes me insane. Yeah, he'll say like fifteen words. All right, down by the river, Kyle. Kyle thought this would be appropriate as to another game that's gonna be on later on in the show. All right, thumbs up. Twenty seconds on the clock. Please Yeah. Wrong song, wrong song, Oh you got to you got too wrong songs?
Speaker 9: Wrong song?
Speaker 4: Who wrong song?
Speaker 1: Actually should have been wrong band. No, it's the wrong song. You're right. The people are getting the bands. It's just the song. It's been the hiccup for people. Piftler on the suburb summer. All right, should I let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's go. Mike's counting on you.
Speaker 1: Strap up owas we know widow. All right, two to tie, three for the win. Have we even talk about what these guys are playing for?
Speaker 5: I think it's tickets with live sound.
Speaker 1: What a show? Okay? Uh, mikeel team Alex, your boy got two for you today? All right, strong Mike Blackburn, your boy needs to be really strong today. Chili needs all three for the win. Otherwise we're going to ot. Okay, twenty seconds on the clock. Nothing's changed. Looks like he's fumbling around. He's got a song on he can no longer hear me. These are words for Chili. Twenty seconds on the clock. Please thumbs so dumbs out.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 9: Don't start blessing.
Speaker 1: You're funny looking. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 9: I look at you in the face with a smiley.
Speaker 1: Okay, pull it together. Rachel sent this one in.
Speaker 21: Ah, alright, you're laughing looking at me sitting there looking like a jork Here we go, jork A, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Anniversary party? The what anniversary party?
Speaker 9: Animals and party?
Speaker 6: Nice?
Speaker 1: What dude?
Speaker 10: It is?
Speaker 1: Red hot?
Speaker 4: Ready to go? Ready to party.
Speaker 1: See ro Ho hot.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, he's ro Ho hot right now.
Speaker 1: I couldn't come up with Carlos, I hate you love you at the same time. These are probably the two most triggering triggering words from my childhood. I can't believe I shared this with you guys on the air, but to put them both back to back in a word combo, Carlos, you should know better. It's gould ruin my whole day. Thumbs up, thumbs out, Tubby husky, reach around, tubby husky, tubby husky dy, tubby husky, tubby Husky, tubby husky, Bundy, Tubby Husky, tubby honey husky.
Speaker 7: Tell me.
Speaker 4: He was so furrt guesses.
Speaker 1: Why why we are not playing a game on the show called Tubby Bunny like Tubby? How again?
Speaker 6: Three words tubby, husky, two.
Speaker 1: Terms that were a big part of my upbringing. I was a little tubby growing up. Okay, still sensitive. I had to wear those husky pants. Okay, he needs this to tie it up, All right, min b, All right, here we go. Obviously this one was sent in from Alex inspired inspired by Alex, though you were the inspo. I think this is gonna go with you for the rest of your life. Could be could be on your tombstone.
Speaker 21: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I like this, it could be on your tombstone. Thumbs up.
Speaker 9: Let's do dumb up.
Speaker 23: Engine water, engine walk, engine water. Huh, engine water, engine wash, engine water, engine water.
Speaker 1: You got this engine water?
Speaker 5: How much time was I stopped about the eighteen point eight eight seconds?
Speaker 4: He had one second.
Speaker 1: Left engine water. Oh that was meant for Alex. Obviously, I don't believe you got it.
Speaker 4: I had zero faith in you.
Speaker 21: Actually, the boys are at it again.
Speaker 1: Finally, Chillie, get out of here. I thought he'd won two two two each. Overtime. Overtime rules, Shut up, overtime rules. I will say the word keep guessing until you get it right, Tess the times.
Speaker 4: I'm invested. This is a great game. Finally, this is a pretty good game with the guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Usually there's like, all right, everyone's happy.
Speaker 1: This is a time breaker here and both Michaels are in it. Michael, team Alex. Your boy's about to go.
Speaker 23: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go. Mike Blackburn team Chili. Your boy pulled it out. He pulled it out. He had a second and a half to go. Before he was going to be done. All right, over time? Right when I say the word, hit your timer. When he says the word stop the timer, yep, Dallas Daniel is going to be the game. Daniel, He's sorry, read my lips. He sent in the word today, thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Huge microphone, what huge microphone? What huge huge microphone? Microphone, huge microphone. Boom. I don't want to know what the time is, just write.
Speaker 4: It down, okay, no locality?
Speaker 1: Well what did I say? Three times? Took some time to read my lips? Bring me the chile blue choe in overtime hope of kicks in.
Speaker 6: The time?
Speaker 1: I mean? Is that a side effect of blue chee? It increases you read my lips.
Speaker 4: Abilities exactly the task in hand.
Speaker 1: Where we're going, all right, blue chillis about reach your ends? Okay, same thing with the time he wrote down Alex's time. All right, he's patting his head for extra I'm ready extra alertness today. Okay. As soon as I say the word you start the timer. Here we go. Dallas Daniel sent in this word. It was a good one. Huge microphone, huge microphone.
Speaker 9: Okay, huge microphone boom.
Speaker 1: So the guy's playing with me because he's taking time to give take those headphones off.
Speaker 20: The first word I knew it was huge, but the second one sounded like you said booty something.
Speaker 9: That's why I was like, oh my god, and then you laughed and then you said it.
Speaker 1: But then he also needed some time. I don't know who won this game. I gotta go to Tessa on this.
Speaker 4: So Alex had a time of nine to second, nine point four to eight seconds.
Speaker 5: Really, yeah, Chili Chili had five point ninety seven.
Speaker 11: Day.
Speaker 1: Somebody's in the word blondie on Chili dog Day.
Speaker 17: Day.
Speaker 1: No way, he was losing.
Speaker 4: Why That's why I played Mike.
Speaker 1: Mike Blackburn, you're going.
Speaker 5: To see Stone Temple pilots with Live and Soul Asylum because your boy Chile pulled out the victory in overtime.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Yes he did. Wow, great job. All right, Mike gol we got to turn you loose. Mike Blackburn. You hang on the phone. We're gonna hook you up with your tickets. Wow.
Speaker 21: He's Rock Houston's Alternatives and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 11: This is.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four to five, The Buzz, Oliver Tree and Let Me Down rod Ryan Show. On this throwback Thursday. Lots of voting going on right now. It is going to be an amazing battle to watch all morning long. Blue October in the lead over Shineedown in Theory of a Dead Man. It's still a close race. All three bands are in it. Of course, all three bands part of the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. We did give away some tickets in homeroom. We'll have another pair of tickets for you tomorrow on the show. But Jeremy told me for sure he's got some later on this afternoon suburb of Summer Sizzler. Next hour eight twenty Hockley takes on Conro right now. One hundred percent chance of raining. Okay, that's what's happening, and that's going to happen for about the next hour or so. Keeping it cooler today. Highs of eighty two. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: I sure do so.
Speaker 5: President Joe Biden gave a rare oval office addressed to the nation last night to talk about his decision to withdraw from the twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Four race for president.
Speaker 5: As he spoke for just over eleven minutes, he said he felt it was the right decision The President said he believed his record, leadership and vision for America all merited a second term, but that nothing can come in the way of saving our democracy. Meanwhile, Republicans continue to question his fitness to serve out the remainder of his term. They're off the reelection now they're saying, is he even fit to serve out the remainder of his time in office? The White House calls those questions ridiculous.
Speaker 4: They called them ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Earlier, he didn't say why he was cupping down. Yesterday I watched it. He didn't say why, and that's I thought.
Speaker 10: He can't.
Speaker 1: He can't say if there's something going on, because then they're gonna say he's unfit to finish out the year. So at first I was somewhat shocked that I'm waiting for him to say what happened? Bro, You know, the day before you said you were fine, everyone said you were fine, and then you're not now. But of course he wasn't gonna tell us why.
Speaker 6: This might be a dumb question, but didn't roll.
Speaker 7: Reagan kind of suffer from dementia towards the end of his presidency. Was that talked about or was that just like after he was done, was the like, hey, yeah, he was kind of struggling at the very end.
Speaker 1: I think everyone knew that somebody else was flying the ship the last couple of months.
Speaker 7: But you know, this is like, this is the first time this has happened, just the first time they've like kind of been like, hey, I'm standing down, first time it's happened.
Speaker 1: With social media and all these pots and having news networks dedicated to one side of the island, it's.
Speaker 6: Like if Ronald Reagan's not on TV for five days back in the day, you're not like.
Speaker 2: Where is he?
Speaker 6: We haven't seen a picture.
Speaker 1: Correct. Very common to not see the president for a week at a time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, So that's what's going on nationally.
Speaker 5: And then here in Houston, Vice President Kamala Harris made an early arrival for Hurricane Beryl recovery efforts, so she is scheduled.
Speaker 4: To speak at ten am.
Speaker 5: She's a keynote speaker for the American Federation of Teachers' annual convention at the George R. Brown But she got here yesterday afternoon so she could meet with Mary John Whitmyer and other officials about their recovery efforts. This is her first visit to Texas since becoming the presumptive Democratic nominee for president. So she, according to this report, spent more than thirty minutes meeting with city and county leaders. It was a closed door briefing at the Houston Emergency Operations Center, and then she met with first responders directly to thank them. She did not take questions from the media, and again she is going to be speaking at ten am today. The AFT have pledged thirty five hundred delegates voted to endorse Harris as the Democratic Party's nominee for president on Monday. So let's talk about interns. We you know, let's talk about interns.
Speaker 4: We don't have any around here.
Speaker 6: We don't have any around here to pay them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no working for free anymore.
Speaker 4: What I thought it had to be for like college credit too.
Speaker 6: That's what I got.
Speaker 1: That's what it used to be. But a check sued Howard Stern. A check sued Howard Stern and said what I did replaced somebody that would have been paid. And then Letterman got sued by a chick as well right around the same time.
Speaker 6: That was wrong.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 6: They're not wrong. That is a job that you are doing, but you are doing it as part of a college.
Speaker 5: Course, because you know that you're you know, you're not there off of your you know, your resume, your brand new builder.
Speaker 24: Right.
Speaker 1: I would not be standing here. I would not be standing here today if I didn't work for free during an internship.
Speaker 6: I got hired out of my unpaid internship paid. I am here.
Speaker 1: The only reason why I'm standing here today is because I worked for free. No, you can't do that in this day and age, not with our company and not with most companies now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, it is National Intern Day on that silly national calendar, and Popeye says we're celebrating.
Speaker 4: They're giving away chicken sandwiches for free.
Speaker 5: You have to spend ten bucks and sign up for their rewards program, so it's not entirely free, and they're not really verifying if you're an intern, So basically anyone could take advantage of this deal. You have to order through Poppy's website or app to get the deal, and you have to pick it up, no delivery, but a free chicken sandwich to celebrate National Intern Day. There, Pixar is feeling all of the emotions With the continued success of Inside Out, Too, it's now the top grossing animated film of all time at the global box office. It finished with over one point four one point four six billion dollars, surpass fellow Disney film Frozen two for the top spot.
Speaker 4: This passing Frozen is a huge deal.
Speaker 5: The film also passed Barbie, which isn't you know, like an animated film, but that means Inside Out to an animated film is number thirteen on the list of all time grossing films, so it's a huge deal.
Speaker 4: Again. Previous champ Frozen two getting knocked down.
Speaker 5: Man, oh man, you need to check out the first trailer for the Bob Dylan movie, A Complete Unknown. It's starring Timothy Shallomey, who I have become a recent stand for, Like I'm a huge Timothy Shallomey fan.
Speaker 4: He showed he could sing in that Wonka.
Speaker 1: Movie, so I'm looking at it without the sound on, and Dan he looks like Dylan. You can tell they have a prosthetics.
Speaker 5: We have a prosthetic on him, but you can tell that he has studied Dylan and his you know, his mannerisms, the way he blinks.
Speaker 4: When he's singing, and get this, this is a fun fact.
Speaker 5: So they released the trailer yesterday, July twenty fourth, that is the day Dylan went electric at Newport, which.
Speaker 4: Is a pretty cool fact.
Speaker 1: It freaked people out. People stood there with their fingers in the air middle fingers, like, what are you doing plugged in right now? That's not what you do.
Speaker 4: Another thing, Let.
Speaker 1: The man do what he wants.
Speaker 4: Another thing.
Speaker 5: Ro James Mangold has been in charge of the bio picks for Johnny Cash and now Bob Dylan, so this is something he's very familiar with. He also did Ford Versus Ferrari. So I think this is gonna be really.
Speaker 7: Good, would you say, not knocking Timothy Shallomey or Bob Dylan, but like of all the like, well, he sings all the he sings all the songs like this is what the one is probably like not as impressive as like Freddy Mercury or all the other ones. Yeah, well Freddy Freddy was lip syncing right like, I can't saying that, or any was the other one we just watched.
Speaker 1: Wow, well walk the line joking. Phoenix sang and he did a good job of doing that. Nobody did a as good a job as the Elton John movie, because that guy sang I seen Tyler Edgerton maybe you're Edgerton. I can't remember his name.
Speaker 7: If they make the tie the Tom Petty movie, like, it'll be like not as impressive, Like well they sang all the song.
Speaker 6: Yeah like this Tom Petty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is easier to sing. You can do an impression on some of the other thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I need you on the Timothy Shallomey band of like fan bandwagon.
Speaker 1: I don't it's.
Speaker 4: Important, Okay those you since you hate Timothy, No, I just it's very talented.
Speaker 1: You told me yesterday you hate him.
Speaker 6: I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Lord, I said I.
Speaker 9: Didn't always like him, and I like him.
Speaker 4: Wow, I strolls.
Speaker 1: Got to win yesterday.
Speaker 6: I did well at the A's eight to one. Timothy Chalamege was there watching that game. They avoided being swept by Oakland in the series.
Speaker 7: Then now fifty three and forty nine on the season, still a game ahead of the Mariners for first place in the AL West, and they're never gonna play the A's there again. That was their last game ever at the Oakland Alnita Coliseum.
Speaker 6: So good riddance.
Speaker 1: They got a new stadium coming.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna play in like Sacramento next year and they're trying to move to Vegas. The Astros will play the Dodgers tomorrow night to open up a weekend series.
Speaker 6: At Minute Made in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: The ceremonies.
Speaker 7: Opening ceremonies are tomorrow, but some of the Olympic events have already started. Yesterday, the men's soccer team lost to France three to nil, and the US men's rugby team beat or they tied France twelve twelve. France is supposed to be a metal favorite in this Olympics. Today, the US women's soccer team is going to kick off their Olympic action against Zambia. That's gonna kick off at two o'clock. You can watch it on USA Network. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 10: The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz Com ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show, Foo Fighters All My Life. Halfway part of the show Peopup, you get one hundred percent chance of rain going on right now. Eighth h I use that moment right there. The four minutes of Foo Fighters to go watch the trailer for the Bob Dylan movie. Tim t shell May is playing Bob Dylan. He looks just like him, he sounds just like him.
Speaker 4: Is that your review? Was your review?
Speaker 1: I want this to bring me into the world of Bob Dylan. I know the importance of Bob Dylan. I know the significance. I know the importance of him. I don't relate. I don't relate to Bob Dylan in any way at all. I don't. I don't get it.
Speaker 5: I had someone say, you're either Beatles or Bob Dylan, and I know your Beatles hardcore.
Speaker 1: I'm Beatles fan for sure, but I just never got into it. I never got into that folksy thing. And this goes back to me not being a lyric driven person, more of a song and melody guy. And Bob Dylan is all about the lyrics, so maybe that plays into it, but he just doesn't speak to me. It was like too many generations ago, where you know, at least there was even I mean, I'm old enough, there was a connective tissue to Elvis, you know, like I grew up in an Elvis house. My parents weren't into Dylan, none of that. So I wasn't exposed to it. I was exposed to Gianny Cash. Ray. You know, this is what I'm comparing this to. Because you were talking about this really really looks good for Timothy shell May. You're gonna have to hold this up to Jamie Fox, who became Ray Charles and did the singing in the movie and won Best Actor. Okay, Rammy Mallick won Best Actor in a year that there wasn't a lot of great actor performances. Okay, people will say that, like it's the worst Best Actor award ever. I don't know that I agree with that, but it's been said, so I'm repeating it. The year that Jamie Fox won, there was some actors up for Best Actor and he won and doing the singing, he became Ray Charles. Rammy win It, wins it by lip syncing, becoming Freddie Mercury. You're suspending the actor now, and you're you're really believing that that's the character on stage. I'm getting that already with Timothy Schellman.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 1: To do it, and that short clip.
Speaker 4: It's like, Wow, he's so well rounded.
Speaker 1: I want him to bring me into the world of Dylan though, like I know the importance of him in musical history. I'm a I'm a music historian. I just cannot connect.
Speaker 4: You liked Did you like the Johnny Cash biopic?
Speaker 1: I did. I thought it was really good.
Speaker 4: Okay, I I know you liked Ford versus Ferrari. So you have the director going for you.
Speaker 1: That guy's made Yeah, that guy's made some good movies.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's on the music blog page if you want to go check it out. It's eight eleven. I'm gonna have to skip out of this stuff, Alex, but we gotta start thinking about the Suburbs summer. Sissler. I wanted to do a quick update on Throwback Thursday. Alex said, once you play that Blue October clip and you talk and you tell the story about Blue October with this specific song, he said, it's over for those other two songs. All three bands that are featured on Throwback Thursday today are going to be a part of the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, Shine Down. I've never seen them in third place on anything that we've ever done. Crow in the Butterfly twenty seven twenty eight percent of the vote. Theory of a Dead Man was in first place. Now They're in second place with twenty nine percent of the vote, and Blow October slowly pulling away first place forty two percent. Right after we did song clips an hour ago. Is when Blue October took theory of a dead man and put them in the last place. But now they're climbing in the second. But Blow October they might not look back. They might just keep everybody in the rear view of mirror. Winning song played today at nine thirty. I need your votes. Log out of the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at thebuzz dot Com. I want. I don't remember exactly what happened. I just remember that the Sizzler was not It was not gonna win a Marconi Award.
Speaker 4: You can put that on like the sizzle reel of the Suburb Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna get me into the Texas Radio Hall of Fame. That's right, Okay, I don't know what is Apparently nothing I've done we'll get me in there, But yesterday's game ain't gonna do it. Maybe it's my singing keeping me out of there. No, maybe way, maybe, Wait, dude, Hockly is taking on Conro in the Suburb Summer Sizzler. We'll meet Philip and Holly coming up and then we'll get them set up to play the Games show. Federal Credit Union six thousand dollars. If you haven't heard your suburb yet, you need to sign up Rock and Alternative to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 10: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz, Honey.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. On this throwback Thursday, Blue October still has a commanding lead. The rain is leading. Uh, it is raining. It's raining outside right now, ninety percent chance of rain. Almost everybody's getting it right now. I want to I do want to jump in here if I can steal one of your love's sent me an email. Good morning, Rod. I just started working at a fertility institute. I was just informed that today is World IVF Day. I know you had your baby via IVF, so I just wanted to say Happy World IVF Day. So I looked it up and yeah. Each year, July twenty fifth, people observe World Embryoologist Day celebrates the birth of Louise Brown, very famous back in the day, the first test tube baby in nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 4: Wow, So Happy IVS Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, I did use IVF and it's just a miracle. I mean, you know, Alex, you doing it the old fashioned way and get it done just the way it's been done for thousands of years, and then me needing some help, needing some help, you know, we needed some help and to use the medicine and for it to be an amazing thing and still be able to do most things on your own terms. IVF. It's an amazing outlet.
Speaker 4: And London's towel old now.
Speaker 1: Six and a half w six and a half. Well, congrats, all right, so happy IVF day. What else is trending?
Speaker 10: Great trend?
Speaker 5: Okay, well you did that nice story. Now I'm just going to bring you back down. So if you you listen to how this morning stocks were not looking good. The stock market had the worst day since twenty twenty two. It's reported that Elon Musk lost sixteen billion dollars in just one day. Shares in Tesla basically collapsed yesterday. So when something like that happens, his net words takes a plummet, right, So he went from two hundred and forty nine billion dollars to two hundred and thirty two billion dollars. Still still the world's richest person. But you know, you take a hit like that and Bezos is not far behind you.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 5: Also, you know this crowd strike where millions of computers went down after the botch CrowdStrike Microsoft update, they sent out ten dollars Uber eats gift card links in an apology email, and a source shared the email that they got so they were like, hey, you know, your.
Speaker 4: Next cup of coffee or late night snack is on us.
Speaker 5: The link didn't work CrowdStrike says Uber flagged it because it was because there were so many links. They're like, Uber was like, this is probably fraudulent. It can't be real. So the link didn't work for the apology, Literally, nothing is working.
Speaker 4: That's just trending on any more past.
Speaker 1: But how was busted me in the hallway? What did you do walking around?
Speaker 7: Sorry, it's taking what we're deserved, that's all I've been at home.
Speaker 6: I'll be holding the baby.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 1: It's a great one. I hope she's listening right now. Hey, fill up, yere. How did you break through the static to get in this tournament? How are you.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Are you there?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: He's with I can't, I can't do this. If it's got, If it's a crappy phone, I can't do it. Philip, talk to me about that. I don't know. Say the ABC is something talk. Okay, I'm gonna go with this, Philip from Hockley. Have you been practicing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're listening to buzz songs. You're listening to the bands. You know song titles, you know band names. You're gonna crush it today, Philip. I okay, bro, I hate the sound of your phone. I'm just telling you right now. I hate the sound of your phone.
Speaker 4: Just let me know.
Speaker 1: Just lost my headphones? Okay, Bringing on Holly, Good morning, Holly, good morning that I can hear Holly Doris representing Conro today. How's the weather up there?
Speaker 2: It's raining, It's not bad, but it's raining.
Speaker 1: Have you been practicing a little bit?
Speaker 24: I have.
Speaker 2: I've got to redeem myself from last year.
Speaker 1: I'm the one that played last year. Okay, well yeah, all right, Well on for me. We're gonna play the game next Hockley, Conroe, the Suburbs Summer Sizzler, brought to you by Shell Federal Credit Union Radio is for show on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Fuzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Now the name of that song is getting Away with Murder. He says it over and over and over and over again. That one's an easy one, Papa Roach. Obviously, that's not gonna be the song that's coming up in the episode of the Suburb of Summer Sizzler. We have coming up, but at the last time they missed. Yeah, my biggest worry with getting people on it's the song titles. That's probably burned more people than anything. All Right, we're getting ready for the game. Nothing left to do other than just play the game. A couple of things though. Okay, The rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Okay, have you visited the store yet, please, I would love for you to get in there, man, get in on some of the T shirts, the hats, the new koozies, all of that stuff. I make no bones about it. We're down on the money that we've raised so far. We just had a huge day yesterday. We got the five hundred, well over five hundred of you posted pictures of you and your hammers, so we got the full five thousand dollars out of the Great Jim Adler yesterday, So that's going to help. It's gonna help huge. But I need big days in the store though. I need people. If you want to just donate, you don't want any of our merchandise. But man, these T shirts they're so great. Thanks to our friends over at BMP Brand Management Professionals. They really came up with some amazing designs for us this year. And I love all this stuff in there. And still the number one selling T shirt is the twentieth anniversary shirt. I'm gonna want you to get that shirt and then hopefully that'll be you know, good mojo moving forward and you trying to win tickets to the twentieth anniversary party. Love to see a bunch of those T shirts out there at that party. Rained, guys, it's rained, it's nasty. It's causing hillacious traffic out there, so please be safe. Play game, play game, let's bring them back on. Holly said she played last year. Holly, how'd you do last year?
Speaker 10: Hi was second place last year.
Speaker 24: So this one's got a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I would say that's a huge pressure cooker for you. You're taking on Philip. Philip said he's been practicing though as well. As you, Philip. She knows how to play this game.
Speaker 9: Dude.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh boy, is writing Philip representing Hockley, Holly representing Conroe. You know how the game works. I'm going to play a song for you. You're going to have to yell out your name when you think.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 1: The answer. Alex. You have everything in the right order you need.
Speaker 6: I just have not inserted the song.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I need in my life. I'm ready for it. Yeah, guys, I'm gonna play this song clip as soon as you think you know both things, Philip, you need both things. Here the band and the song title Capeche.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Good luck to you. Date number three the suburb of Summer Sissler, brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 24: Good luck guys, Holly, Holly, and Conroe, Lincoln Park, numb Alex.
Speaker 6: It is correct, Lincoln.
Speaker 1: What was gonna get me?
Speaker 2: Sing it?
Speaker 6: Philip?
Speaker 1: You were sandbagging on that one. Yeah song title song.
Speaker 3: Titled yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the pissar all right.
Speaker 3: Hockley out of the tournament just like that.
Speaker 6: Wow, goodbye Hockley.
Speaker 1: Philip fed it up for the whole suburb. Stressful. Well, Holly, you're advancing in the bracket. Congratulations, Thank you.
Speaker 24: Welka Park is my nemesis, so I'm on that works out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering, are you know? I mean, you got it early on, and you've got to be the person that people are gonna be thinking about the most. Holly Doris advances in the tournament. We've got one more game this week. We've got Rosenberg taken on Umble tomorrow Joe from Rosenberg, Alexander from Humble. You heard how Holly did it? Do it just like that and better if possible tomorrow. Summer The Ron Ryan Show Morning Mornings ninety four five Buzz, I'm the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. That's Eve six, inside out suburb of Summer Sizzler. Before heard from the guy that lost to Holly last year. He said it was rage against the machine Gorilla radio. He kind of spased on it. I think she kind of cruised past him in the brackets last year. You can follow along on the brackets thanks to our good friends over at Sheell Federal Credit Union. The urb Summer Sissler.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: That's only match up number three. Conroe comes out on above Hockley and then tomorrow. I already had mentioned once you hear a suburb man, that's it. They're wiped out for the tournament. So Joe from Rosenberg is gonna represent and Alexander's gonna represent Humble Tomorrow eight twenty, each and every weekday now for the next couple of weeks, the Suburb Summer Sizzler. You see who's gonna win that six thousand dollars. There's a couple of silly days. Today. It's Intern Day, right, IVF Day? Yes, heard about that National Hot Fudge Sunday Day. Okay, all right, But I think the one that more people at least to this show and us would be interested in. It's Chili Dog Day. It's Chili Dog Day. If only we had something for Chili Dog Day. It's a shame that we don't have something ready to go when this day rolls around at least once a year, you'd think we'd have something to play on this day, and I.
Speaker 25: Just don't know that we do, or do we Sucking on a chili doll, sucking a chili do?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, sucking on a chili do, soaking on a.
Speaker 3: Chill lid do?
Speaker 10: Come on?
Speaker 25: Sucking on a chili dog, sucking on a chili does, sucking a chili dog, sucking on a chill lid doll, chili dog, sucking up on a chili does, sucking on a dog, sucking on a chili doll, chili sucking on a chili does, sucking on a doll, sucking on a chilli li doll, sucking.
Speaker 1: No, there is something now, I don't think you want to mess with greatness. Okay, there's only one. There's only one Seal singing seal, right, right, we only have the one. We never even tried to, like get another Seal song done by seals. We only had the one Kissed by a row, right, of course, that's the only Chili Dog Day song.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I mean a buddy of mine tried to do something. I said, I don't know. I'll ask the team if they think, are you up for like another attempt at that?
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, I'll give it a listen. I just you know, I'm kind of partial.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that it's it's trying to be better, but it just wants in on the day, you know, And it's honoring our it's honoring our guy. It's quick. I think it's harmless, alright. I told him I'd give it a spin cheesena.
Speaker 9: I hope you won't give me guests to know.
Speaker 21: Oh, no, che weenas you're because of my pats.
Speaker 4: I mean, I see why I sent it to you. I mean, you know, Alex Love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as the original, I don't know. No, nothing's going to be as good as the original. But again, it would be like somebody coming in with another Seal song done by Seals. No, I don't think that could be done. All right, Well, there's our guy. It's Chili's Day today food blog page. If you need that Jack and Diane sucking on a chili dog. I actually put up the link for that on the food blog page today. Hot Fudge Sunday Information. Did anybody see that Flaming Hot Cheetos movie made by Eva Longoia.
Speaker 4: I never watched it. I never watched it. I heard it was cute. I heard it was a cute movie.
Speaker 5: Was the guy?
Speaker 1: Was he an employee there and he came up with the janitor?
Speaker 5: I believe they said he was the janitor and he would like he would go to his family and he would try out the new recipes with his son, and his son would like kind of tell him.
Speaker 4: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: The premise of the movie is, so Eva Longoria makes a movie. I think it was up for some awards. Now, the guy who claims he invented flaming hot Cheetos is suing Freedo Lay because Frieda Lay is saying it didn't go down like it went down in the movie. So Frieda Lay is saying this guy did not invent flaming hot cheetos. So that story, if you want to dig into it. I know Tessa likes these flaming hot cheetos. I love them, her love her, and twelve year olds around the globe they're just love him.
Speaker 4: That's what keeps me.
Speaker 2: You all right.
Speaker 1: That's all on the food blog page today, Chili.
Speaker 6: I hope you having a great day time Rock and Alternative where he used.
Speaker 10: To The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan' shows forty one. Land Minds Boys are saying they're out on their final tour. They will swing through here Houston. Get all those dates and everything on the mainframe, log onto the Buzz dot com. We're all getting wet today rain for all of us. I'm gonna keep it a little cooler out there. I don't see anything above eighty two degrees today. That's kind of weird to say in July, but yeah, that reigns keeping a cooler out there. Cole Wetzel tickets early in the nine o'clock hour, closer to around nine to ten. We're going to leave you on Know the Show with Bush, Jerry Cantrell, Candlebox tickets right now. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: President Biden says now is the time for fresh and younger voices. Biden gave a televised address to the nation last night and endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris to be the Democratic nominee. He also outlined his administration's accomplishment. He spoke for just over eleven minutes. He vowed to focus on his role as commander in chief over the next six months. After the speech, Republicans are just continuing to question Biden's fitness to serve out the remainder of his own term. The White House calls those questions ridiculous.
Speaker 1: They're not ridiculous. It's not I don't care, it's just not I was expecting him, and I don't know why I would stupidly think this. I thought he was gonna tell us, like why he dropped out, what's been going on? I remember we were talking about, Oh, geez, who was the guy that went into the hospital for a mystery Jimmie Fox? And I said, what, go take care of yourself. Dude, I don't care. He doesn't always an explanation why he went into the hospital. I don't care. It's like people are obsessed with this for some reason. The president I wanted to know. Look, bro, I wanted to hear it from you. Why are you? Why are you, like, you know, allowing this to happen? And he didn't. He didn't say that yesterday. I I know why.
Speaker 4: I want to know Jamie Fox Fox, that's he can I am. I am concerned.
Speaker 1: I thought the President should have told us why that was. It was different for me. It was different for me than the Jamie Fox situation. But he didn't. And uh now I know why because he doesn't want anybody to question the last couple of months.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, so that's what's going on on the national scale.
Speaker 5: And speaking of Kamala Harris, she is actually paying Houston a visit today. She got here last night at Ellington Field where she was met by John Whitmyer, maryor John Whitmyer and other officials supposedly talking about Hurricane Beryl. They did have like a thirty minute meeting behind closed doors. The teacher vote, the Teachers Union, the American Federation of Teachers and National Convention is at the George ar Brown and she is the keynote speaker. The union has already endorsed Kamala's campaign and she needs that support in swing states. This is also an opportunity for her to fundraise here in Houston, which has a large number of deep pocketed Democratic donors. So her speech is said to be delivered at ten pm. I was looking on the map. I'm looking up the traffic map and I don't see any closures around the downtown area, but it is expected to get busier there. So just be aware of that affair in the downtown area by the georgear Brown. There is a politician in town, one that's in the news cycle a lot. You probably haven't made travel plans back, excuse me. Travel plans based on how friendly the locals are to outsiders in a certain state.
Speaker 4: But that can have an impact on how your trip goes.
Speaker 5: Newsweek has a ranking of all fifty states based on how friendly they are to tourists according to a survey of travelers on social media, and.
Speaker 4: The states in the Northeast have a reputation for being rude. This will not help.
Speaker 5: New York was named the rude of state in America, followed by Arkansas, Delaware, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. No single area of the country dominated the Friendliest States list, so there wasn't that like Southern hospitality, although a few Southern states did make it, but zero states in the Northeast made the cut as being like the friendliest to visit. So the friendliest state in America is Minnesota. The rest of the top ten or Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas, Wyoming, and Indiana.
Speaker 4: Ice baths are all the rage.
Speaker 5: Cold water immersion is supposed to help with inflammation, focus, and exercise recovery, so a lot of stars they'll have these ice baths, these cold dips, but most people do not have the space nor the money for one. Could a cold shower do the same thing. We've been talking to doctors and other experts about it, and there aren't a ton of studies on this cold water immersion, but one in twenty twenty two found people reported lower stress levels when they took a minute long cold shower every day. At least one expert thinks cold showers could also improve blood flow, and there's some evidence that they could boost your immune system as well. Our buddy Alex P says he starts his shower cold every morning.
Speaker 1: Every morning.
Speaker 6: You do that every morning before work. It's like Saturday.
Speaker 1: It is like daggers going into my skin. I don't know what it is about me. The water hurts. Cold water hurts me. I can't do it. I'm such a puss.
Speaker 4: Tins and needles.
Speaker 1: Yes, it really is ract You have to like.
Speaker 4: Embrace the suck.
Speaker 5: But I don't take cold showers like I'll do an ice bat. I'd get get my mind right. But like a cold shower, it's it's the thought of it is uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I'd rather take a battery acid shower.
Speaker 5: It was thirty four years ago when Jan's Addiction released their last song starring the original four core four members of the band, but that change because the rockers released this song, Imminent Redemption. It's a track the band debut at a concert in London, but Barry Ferrell, David Navarro, Stephen Perkins, and Eric Avery all on this.
Speaker 4: Avery hadn't recorded a new track with the.
Speaker 5: Band since nineteen ninety, so this is pretty pretty significant for Jane's Addiction. They're hitting the road next month for a North American tour supported by Love and Rockets.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines and.
Speaker 1: That tours come in to Houston ticket information log out of the buzz dot Com. Yeah. Yeah, it's a really good song. We just were so busy today. I don't know what we're gonna do with it, but it's good.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna call it great, but I love James Addiction.
Speaker 2: I love this band.
Speaker 1: Sounds like the Astros one they did.
Speaker 7: They blet the A's eight to one till being swept by Oakland in this yeriares They're now fifty three and forty nine on the season and still a game ahead of the Mariners first place in the Al West. They're gonna have a day off today before they open up a weekend series with the Dodgers tomorrow night. At Minute Made in the Olympics, we got the opening ceremonies starting tomorrow, but some.
Speaker 6: Olympic events have already begun.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, the men's US soccer team lost to France three to zero, and the men's rugby team tied France twelve twelve. France is supposed to be a medallist or they're a medalist favorite in that rugby tournament. Today, the US women's soccer team is going to kick off Olympic action against Zambia. That'll kick off at two o'clock and you can watch it on USA Network. Zambiam that's a twe on its voice Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four, five the Bus Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Fourth and Final Hour together nine oh six, nine oh seven. On a very very wet day, man, we got high chances of rain all throughout the day. So I know you were looking at road closing because the VP is in town, Kamala Harris, but also you got to be careful about this standing water man. The ground is just saturated, man. Yeah, so you just gotta be careful when you're out there.
Speaker 5: Just there's a floodwatching effect through the afternoon, and that there is still road repair going on. From Hurricane Barrel, like Louisiana Street, Capitol.
Speaker 4: Street, some of those downtown areas.
Speaker 5: So yeah, those are things that we're already dealing with without someone famous in town.
Speaker 1: I'm not calling this summer a bust, but what the hell is going on around here?
Speaker 6: A bus?
Speaker 1: Is this summer a bus?
Speaker 6: It's a bust.
Speaker 5: It's been brutal for our community to try to like keep a good attitude.
Speaker 4: Like for me versually, I'm like, I want to just rage.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling it because number one, and like, everyone's got problems. Everyone's got the things that they're dealing with, right. You know, when you're involved in it, you feel like, hey, wait a minute, now I'm in on this. I am in on this. Okay, I need a total roof replacement from the DATO. So I'm in the middle of getting a roof put on and they can't get I'm not blaming the guys saying they can't work. I can't happen by my roof when it's raining. They can't do it. So now you've got exposed areas that Okay, let's get this off. Let's try to get this done before the rain comes. Now I got I got other areas where water's coming in down. You know, this is it's the worst summer ever to get a roof put on your house when so many of us need help with our roofs, and there's just not days where you can work outdoors. So yes, higher roof.
Speaker 6: When I drive home, it's awful.
Speaker 1: It's awful.
Speaker 4: Even the brush that's still everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know what a good point on that, And that's all over the place. I just saw them like Kingwood, Kingwood, who's got more trees? I mean Woodland's Kingwood those areas, there's trees down everywhere I was. I was a little sad yesterday. Now that I'm a resident of the Heights for the last five years, that Heights Boulevard, it really is. That Esplanade is beautiful, you.
Speaker 4: Know, one of the best places to go on a jog or a walk.
Speaker 1: And it looks different, It looks tired, it looks sparse. Now some of these what blows my mind. And I'm not getting in the climate change and all of that. It just blows my mind. When I see what's got to be a seventy year old tree, think about old, think about I know older, but think about a fifty year old tree and what's happened here weatherwise in fifty years and what we just had is the one thing that brought that down. And I get it because it's getting bigger now. It's maybe it's top heavy and it's ripping the roots. But man, a tree that made it one hundred years didn't make it through what we've been through the last couple of months. In that it's heartbreaking to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it.
Speaker 6: It is sad.
Speaker 4: And the tree stumps are sad.
Speaker 5: You see them because you know, you count the ring that You're like, wow, that tree had been through a lot.
Speaker 1: Boulevard looks different. It's still kind of messy, and this isn't a slam on, you know, not getting it cleaned up there. You know, let's get everybody with our you know, some people that have trees on their house are more important than trees laying in the middle of the of the neutral ground what they call in New Orleans the neutral ground that center part of the high It's boulevard. But it just it made me sad yesterday. I just I drove through it yesterday and I was really looking and I said, wow, in the short time that I've been here. It really looks different. Yeah, you can always plant another tree, but I ain't gonna see those trees look awesome, you know. I'm gonna see those trees, you know, for about another twenty years, and then that's it.
Speaker 4: A little sticks. So yeah, it's a bummer. Dude, a bus.
Speaker 1: Give me some time time twenty twenty four bus. Oh god, bust.
Speaker 4: That's not art, that's not our lad.
Speaker 1: Size just makes a donuts. Okay, what's going on here?
Speaker 4: I've been talking about the chili dog day. They have the new savory breakfast colatchis.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and they've got like eggs sausage if you want a spicy one, which I know you don't.
Speaker 4: There's a little halopino one, but there's.
Speaker 1: I don't know colachis to have eggs inside of them, which.
Speaker 4: Is why it's a it's a new thing at Chipley's. They're taking the kolachi and elevating it.
Speaker 1: What did they do that fifty years ago? That's awesome.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do this just.
Speaker 5: They don't like if it's not broke, they don't fix it.
Speaker 4: They've been doing it amazing.
Speaker 10: For for that long.
Speaker 4: But yeah, this is a new product from Shipley, which okay, so that's.
Speaker 1: That's having sausage inside of a biscuit. Nothing new to me, Okay, pigs in the blanket, whatever you would call these things. You know, they would make these little whistle pigs up north, the whistle pig and it was a little mini hot dog with a biscuit around it type of deal. But I never I didn't know about Kolachi's until I moved here. I had no idea, you know, being called at or still never really figured out why it's Germans German or Czechoslovakian something like that. Okay, check kind of the.
Speaker 4: Same Europe check baby, check baby one American.
Speaker 1: All those countries, man, they're so close together. They can all fit in the size of Texas, and they always talk crap.
Speaker 6: To us, and it's like to get out of here.
Speaker 1: Did wish you there? There's there's those countries that we're talking about.
Speaker 5: County is bigger than thirty yeah countries or something like that.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, well that's good, thank you. Shipley's.
Speaker 5: It's actually you're like you say Shipley's, it's Shipley Shipley donuts.
Speaker 4: Don't you always say Shipley's.
Speaker 7: I'm here to say because Shipley's are the Chipley's donuts. But yeah, I've heard people it's say, well, uh yeah, walnuts.
Speaker 1: But if it's if I'm thinking, but if I'm thinking all of them, thank you Shipley's for hooking us up. Or it's thank you Shipley please shipley Donuts, okay, because I would not say thank you Kroger's right, say thank you Kroger.
Speaker 6: But like if you said I'm gonna pick up some ship Ley's, that's I think that I.
Speaker 4: Would say ship it.
Speaker 1: You know what you're good at is the RB I S R B I you yeah he had he had three RB, right, but you're good about that. But you wouldn't say Shipley's. You shouldn't.
Speaker 7: If you pick up some ship Ley's, you should be a pick have donuts. So you just referring I'm picking up Shipley's product. You're calling the product ship whip products and multiplease.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm eating.
Speaker 6: It's probably wrong Downey.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Welcome back. It's me. It's on me. I got one whiff of those goddamn donuts. You had Chipley come in with a shipman of donuts and Colatchi's right, I forgot everything that I was supposed to do. I was supposed to give away tickets. Come and Tubby over here is just going, oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 11: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Wrap this up so you can eat something. Just get into the break so you can eat. And then you're waving around a new kolachi like Rod You're gonna try to has got eggs and sausage it and I'm like, I forgot all my things that I needed to do.
Speaker 5: I walked over to the sports guys, you did it to give them some same deal.
Speaker 4: They're like, takes me. They're like, dude, we'resembling over our words. We can't focus. It smells like coolachi in here. Yeah delicious. I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry because we needed to try those.
Speaker 1: I need to give away these tickets because Cole Wetzel's playing in Two Sleeps, Yes.
Speaker 5: Saturday at Woodlands Pavilion. Cole Wetzel will be their Saturday July twenty seventh.
Speaker 1: Everything is like I'm talking to my daughter two Sleeps and then Cole Wetzel is going to be performing to the Woodlands Saturday night. You're right, I've got those tickets for you. I'll take caller number ten right now. I'm sorry, I'm back on track. I know where i'm at, I know what I'm doing. I'm gonna give you those Bush Jerry Cantrell tickets. I know the show, but co Wetzel tickets to call her ten right now? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 8: Online Kid's Als Online ninety four five The mud.
Speaker 1: Bro, Bro, you know I hate this segment, right you love this. I hate this segment.
Speaker 6: You love it.
Speaker 1: The drill thing was really good.
Speaker 6: The drill battle, drill fights, drill fights, it was really good.
Speaker 1: I love that one.
Speaker 6: Luggage losers also great.
Speaker 1: Well, because I sent that one to you, that was your best one of the years. What do you have today.
Speaker 7: Today's Well, it is called celebrity emojis. You'll be looking at a series of different emojis trying to describe a celebrity and then have to guess what that celebrity is that they are describing.
Speaker 6: So if I showed you the.
Speaker 7: TV emoji, two Masks emoji, and a globe emoji, and you had to pick between Adam Sandler, Tom Hanks, Bruce Willis or Jim Carrey, who would you pick Jim Carrey.
Speaker 4: Jim Carrey, Yeah, because it was in the mask and on my mask.
Speaker 1: That was one that I mean, that was what that was. My guess was basically like that, So very similar to that.
Speaker 7: I don't want to do too many because there's not a ton of them, but go check it out to see how many of them you can.
Speaker 6: Get right at the world Famous Rod Ryan showpage, the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: First Show, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Shine Down, and Dead Don't Die. Well, uh, we should probably take a look because we are at that moment now, we should probably take a look and see what's going to be happening here with our throwback. Yeah, I know you all forgot about it. People have been voting all morning long and it is all rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary related on the throwback today. Brent and Zach from Shine Down are going to be here on October twelfth for our party over at the Carbock Brewery. Let me give away these tickets. First do Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Good morning, Well hello, who's this.
Speaker 2: It's Keith Hunter. It's Captain Cody's brother in law.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well listen in two sleeps from now. Cole Wetzel is playing over the Woodlands. That you want those tickets?
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, bro, you got them?
Speaker 1: Then you're collor ten. Congratulations. Yeah, let me get this straight again. I'm trying to string this together. You're Captain Cody's brother in law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sir, I'm in visiting from Arkansas.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be here this weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm in for a couple of weeks. Yeah, you're fishing with it.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, bro. Well congratulations Keith. Good to have you on board. What a hell of a to win, dude. Absolutely, Now do you got You kind of have to take him right or you gotta take your Are you taking You're married to his sister?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 16: I am.
Speaker 2: I've got to take. He's taking my picition, so I do have to take.
Speaker 1: How is your wife going to handle that news?
Speaker 2: She's in Arkansas?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, then there you go. The Boys Boys Night at co lock up the China Boys Night. All right. Well listen, listen, Keith Cody, you guys have a great time at that show. Okay, we'll do it all right, man, I hope you're having a I'm sure you're having a great time. I'm sure you're having a great time in town. The Rob Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. It is in October. It's on the twelfth, it's a Saturday. Doors are going to open at three o'clock. We'll get music started shortly after that, and we've got acoustic performances, unplugged performances from Shine Down, Sublime, Jacob Nole will be here. Blue October, Theory of a Dead Man the exes. There is no on sale, there are no tickets sold. You have to win your way in, and we gave away a pair of tickets. I think Homeroom got him this morning. But Wizard put together the three songs today for Throwback Thursday. Theory of a Dead Man at one point was winning the whole damn thing last place, eighteen percent of the vote. Once we played the hook from Blue October, we told the story about Justin bringing that song down here on a burnt CD and playing it on the air old school style. That shot up to number one, second place, twenty five percent of the vote. It looks like we're going back to back with Shinedown, The Crow and the Butterfly fifty six percent of your vote today, Mom, it's so Bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is. Here's your throwback Thursday winner On ninety four five the bus Paine roommn nine yesterday was over.
Speaker 6: Put all your books on the type.
Speaker 26: Shelf, eating along with the four lea clover. Then I'm getting older.
Speaker 12: Half the wild.
Speaker 19: Wrapped me Newsday, But bag that seems like a sension and Sanscot.
Speaker 11: Really say slip starting food.
Speaker 12: Do boys bas show calling.
Speaker 11: Back Sea so STI se spaces bad, said.
Speaker 2: S s.
Speaker 11: W S says bo.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five Buzz Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Ooh, we don't need that one just yet. Hang on a second. Good morning, everybody. Help You're off to a great start to your morning. That was Shine Doown. Brent and Zach from Shine Down they are going to be here and they're gonna help us celebrate. They're gonna help us celebrate. It's called the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, but it's about each and every one of you keeping this sucker alive for twenty years. So it's your party. You just got to win your way into it. I didn't bring enough in for everybody. It's that situation that you had in school. That's why they told you that's why they told us not to bring in candy. You got busted schewing gum unless you have enough for everybody, mister Ryan, get that gum out of your mouth. And one day I wanted to bring in thirty pieces just like you know what, you know what, I do have enough for everybody. Yeah, you shut your face. I brought in some for everybody. I never did it, so I had to spit out my gum. But we can't get everybody in, but we can get a lot of you in. I'm told we can do a couple of foul people over there at the Carbox Brewery, shine Down who I've seen acoustics before. All of their songs translate beautifully. Brent's voice is just ridiculous. Sublime most of us have never seen them, unless you saw Sublime with Rome, But I've seen Sublime with Throw. None of us have seen Jacob Nole. Yeah, I did one show they excited about. They did Coachella. He sounds just like his dad. So Jacob Nole is going to be coming in and he's going to be performing a Sublime set. Justin and Ryan have Blo October. I've seen them unplugged before. It's magic I've seen Theory of a Dead Man before Unplugged because we did it at the old studios and they're awesome. And then I don't think i've seen the xe's unplugged, but Scott Stevens is going to be coming in from the ex Sis. So that's what we got for you as far as entertainment, and then Carbos providing the bruise, which is going to be amazing, and we're providing the tickets to get in. You got to keep listening. Now, your next opportunity is going to be with Jeremy. I don't know specifically what time, but Jeremy has tickets. Teresa has tickets. Caro Lee has tickets at night. It's a huge deal is she agreed to give away those tickets at night. So they all got these tickets, the hotest ticket in town. It's an all ages thing. When you win your tickets. Doors are going to open at three o'clock. I think everything's got to be shut down at ten, so I think we're planning music until nine. Things are gonna go long. You know that's gonna happen. That's why we're We wanted to stop the music at nine, just so that we have that one hour padding. I don't like the whole thank you, good night boom. You gotta beer in your hand. Now you gotta walk out. They gotta get out of there, like just like, let's hang for a little bit afterwards, right, you know, let's hang.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the show that we all just watch.
Speaker 1: And it gives you that pad too, in case things go go a little long, you know. So it's gonna be the party of the year. Keep listening for your chances to win.
Speaker 2: Your way in.
Speaker 1: I gotta take a break. What are we giving away? I know the show?
Speaker 4: Sorry, let me just get this Shipley donut out of my mouth.
Speaker 5: Pair of tickets to see Bush or Jerry Cantrell and Candlebox.
Speaker 4: They were playing this every one three Music Hall September.
Speaker 1: Okay, know the show after the break, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show for five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show. All right, guys, just like that man, we are at the end of the show. Tessa already told you it's Bush, Jerry Cantrell, Candlebox. Tickets on the chopping block right now. September fifth, seven, one three Music Hall, Great Show what's your question.
Speaker 5: I want to know what National Day got not one, but two songs played in its honor.
Speaker 1: Hey, that new one went over pretty well. Obviously.
Speaker 4: I felt like he was made for you.
Speaker 1: It was nervous about it. I didn't know that it was going to go over. I'm saying it went over very very well. Seven one, three, two, two, five, four five. If you know the show camp, it's.
Speaker 8: Another hot, sweaty Texas summer with the Ron Bryant Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: We go ninety four five the buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers and sold a squeeze. Rod Ryan's show Throwback Thursday coming to an end. Fix the Gram Thursday was the number one link today on links and guests. So thank you for checking out our little website and are what we run around here calling world famous. It is rain big story today, really high possibilities of it throughout the day, so you've got to be worried about it later. And uh, you know, occasionally I'll throw at that term. If the creek don't rise, we're back tomorrow, Holly, the creek don't rise too much? Okay. The creaks where guys, those creeks are full.
Speaker 8: Man, they are full right now, time for know this show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz La La la la la La La la la la. Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Well, Hello, who is this.
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Good morning? I'm gonna try this one more time. I want to know he went away. Try this one Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, I call on number ten.
Speaker 1: You are what's your name? Torrence Leuvier? All right, well listen, Torrance, I need you to turn down your radio. Don't swear. We're going into this raw with you. You haven't gone through Chile. I just grabbed your phone line. Let's see if you know the show. Okay, bro, yes, sir, all right, Tesla, your question for Torrance?
Speaker 5: Torrance, what National Day got not one, but two songs spun for it in honor of it today?
Speaker 7: Chili Day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chilly Dog Day, Dog's Chili Dog Dave. But I'm gonna give that to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, appreciate, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 5: I'm also gonna give you a pair of tickets to see Bush Wait Jerry Cantrell Candlebox because.
Speaker 4: You know the show. Congrats.
Speaker 9: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 12: My wife and I are gonna love that show.
Speaker 1: Oh you're gonna have a great time at that show. Listen. Thenother guy kind of messed it up somehow. I got you on the phone, and I'm really glad that you want those tickets. Congratulations Torrents. Oh, thank your brother, Rob, Thank you man. Hang on for me. Okay, we have time.
Speaker 6: Let a Rob and trees.
Speaker 1: Is that what he's saying? Okay, I don't know. It just goes over my ball head. Now we have time. We have time for both. Well had burst and then we'll we got time. Okay.
Speaker 25: Sucking on a chili dog, come on, sucking a chili does, sucking down a chili do, soaking on a chill lead, sucking on a chilli do, Sucking on a chilli does, sucking No on a chili dog, sucking on a chill led do chili dog.
Speaker 1: Come on, sucking up.
Speaker 25: A chilli does, souking on a dog, sucking on a chilli chilli, sucking up a chilli does, Sucking on a dog, sucking on a chillid doll, sucking.
Speaker 1: When he gets he gets me every time, and it's sucking on a dog. It gets me every time. You got the new one. We got time, all right. This is the other one that we debuted today. A buddy of mine put this together and I said, I don't know. We have the gold standard already for Chili Dog Day and it makes its way under the show and other opportunities, but this is literally just something we could use today.
Speaker 9: So let's go.
Speaker 1: People liked it.
Speaker 2: Woo che.
Speaker 9: Weeda. I hope you won't give me guests to know.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 12: Oh no, che weedas you're the cause of my hands be in time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, okay, we'll squeaker at the end there, good morning, all right, that's it. We gotta go, We gotta go. Jeremy's like shaking his head like really, that's what I'm that's my lead in slid. I have to go on after that. Fresh Oscar did it again this morning, man, another two question to answer. Game. I'm talking about the fresh out of bad head to head we play every morning. At six twenty, we had a three game day today, Chile, congratulations on Chili Dog Day. He won. Read my lips today at seven to twenty and then Holly from Conroe at eight twenty one. Today's suburb summer sizzler. We'll sizzle again tomorrow at a twenty. So you're not gonna want to miss that. It's free beer Friday. It's Fanny Friday. Last hour of the show will be open phones. Okay, chances to win more of the twentieth anniversary party tickets are coming throughout the day. Thank you to Shipley's for dropping some food off. Let me see new episode to pass the gravy is up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we all might quit our jobs and just become a storm chasers. We just said that'd be great.
Speaker 4: I think that's like safe you have a baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about it.
Speaker 7: We also tried to see if you could make a white Russian with baby formula.
Speaker 6: Made it the best baseball stadiums. I'm with the mafia.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you guys don't know about Robert Feelin's, but we did Robert Feelins for the third straight week.
Speaker 6: So the check that out passive podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can shop in the Rob Ryan Show Cares online store, follow us on all socials at Rob Ryan Show, and scope out Tessa Today Houston Life. She can be on at one o'clock. That's it, man, that's everything.
Speaker 11: We got to go.
Speaker 1: We're actually getting out of here on time, guys. We're on a twenty hour break man. We'll do it all again one more time before we turn you loose man, Stay dry, stay awesome, and if the creek don't rise, we're back in the morning. AMF. Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 8: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff Will Be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Joe Paige at the buzz dot com.