Speaker 1: Dirty hands means clean theology.
Speaker 2: Can you dig it?
Speaker 1: What's going on? All my local guys and gals and long distance paths?
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 2: The raspy is bad.
Speaker 3: That's the best I can do. I don't have that deep, sultry Ben voice that you know you all love out there. But but I think Ben's not with us tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We had some technical difficulties, to say the least. We got started like an hour and a half late with some technical issues, and he just said, guys, I've had a rough day.
Speaker 2: This is all on you.
Speaker 1: I'm hitting the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it was uh Yeah, we're behind schedule a little bit, but that's all right. We're gonna we're gonna push on through. Sometimes when we have those difficulties, I think it's because something's trying to stop you from getting some some good nuggets out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a pretty good show for you guys.
Speaker 1: And it was honestly something that we got together pretty quick because it's something we've already studied and had some notes piled up and was kind of in the holster ready to be pulled out with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's something that I've always thought was really interesting and it goes back to really, I guess more for me for high school because I went to a Lutheran high school and they had us watch these the Left Behind movies. And I'm not talking about the g rated Kirk Cameron, which don't get me wrong, I love some Kirk Cameron. But if you go back to those seventies Left Behind movies, that's the most terrifying thing I've ever seen in my life. I mean that was back in that where they try to convert you by fear, a style of the show because it was those If you've never seen those and if if you can find them, and I'm sure they're probably out there, so there's probably on YouTube or something now. But you know, as far as the whole New World Order and everything that goes along with the rapture, and it's I mean, it even talks about what you know biblically. It talks about people losing their heads, and that's quite literally what happens in those movies. They have a guillotine out back and if you won't renounce Jesus, off with your head. I mean, it's terrifying.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it, dude.
Speaker 3: It will change you in ways you could be a stout believer. But it's just it's it's one person's depiction, one person's depiction of what the end days will look like. Granted there we're going to get into it a lot here. But there's so many different theories and ideas about, uh, about you know, the end times and about what's going to happen. You know, we hear about the trumpet blast. We hear about you know, Jesus coming back down. You know, he's coming back the same way he ascended. We hear so many different things about this, and the problem is is that we're taking these all from the the the books of the Bible. You know, mainly i'd say, Daniel, there's a little Jeremiah in there, Thessalonians, but but Revelation where it's really the it's it's all very prophetic and a lot of those things. You know, it's hard because when when people read that, oh this is this is prophecy, it's prophetic. There's a lot of symbology or you know, symbolism here, but then they want to take certain things very literal. It's like you can't have your you can't have your ice cream and eat it too. It just doesn't work. That way. There's so many different layers. So if we take you know, if we take some of these prophetic books at that face value and we take it right there as as either literal or we take it as prophetic, you can't really pick and choose.
Speaker 1: And this is something too. It's you know, like hermeneutics, you know, let the words say what it says, and also put your preconceived notions in your dogma, leave it at the door, and just give it an honest study and look at it from all angles and just kind of see, you know, what makes the most sense, you know, and what does the scripture say versus what does man say and what you've been taught. And this is another subject where I was raised, you know, Baptist, and I was raised you know, pre trip and I was taught that my entire life. And of course, I mean I would lack nothing more than to be out of here watching from up above and not be a part of it. But it's one of those things, man, when you read it and study it, you know, my view on it's changed a little bit.
Speaker 3: It has, and I think I think it's important. One thing. I think it's important for us to say and I'll agree with you one hundred percent. Is that my view and my belief on this is going to be different than maybe yours, and it's gonna be different than people that listen to this too. But I think it's really important to dive into it yourself, look at it, really read it, really see what it says, because a lot of things that have come out of this and our ideas of this are something that it's one other person's interpretation. We're not taking it straight from the scripture. We're taking it from someone saying, hey, this is a seven year tribulation. Hey, this is going to happen at the end of this, you know, the seventieth week of Daniel. And that's one person's interpretation of that scripture that doesn't necessarily give you there's not one certain verse that says this is going to be seven years. It's interpretation and how people break down that seventy years and they go back to Ezekiel, another prophetic book, and then they break down and say, well, you know, a year is equal to a day, and so they break it down from there. So they're going back and forth through books, different prophetic books written by different people and trying to connect things, and I think it's important to try to connect things. But at the same time, I really think that you have to look at it for yourself, because if we just take everybody's word for everything, it's we've seen already and the things that we've talked about that it is not always at face value. And when we look at the big picture, in that divine worldview that we talk about the Divine World Council, you see that that view was suppressed for hundreds of years. You know, we go back far enough. You see the supernatural in the Bible, but that gets suppressed because people want to hold the idea that that that these angelic beings and other things. You know, we talk about Satan all these these these other deities, and I lose I use Satan at loose terminology. If you haven't listened to the Derek Gilbert episode on the Lucifer and Satan, I think that's a pretty good one for you to go listen to. But when you look back at all these you see that we're taking you know, maybe it's early Church Father's interpretation. Maybe it's we're looking at John Kelvin, or we're looking at Martin Luther and how they changed the viewpoints that we hold and based on our denominations or based on what your church ascribes to, and we can't all be right.
Speaker 1: Well, before we get any too deeper, let's sorry, back it up and we'll go ahead and open up in prayer.
Speaker 2: You got it or my turn?
Speaker 3: I got it all right, Dear Lord, thank you for everything you've giving us. Thank you for letting us be here tonight. Please help us reach out and reach that one person that needs to hear your word, Lord, and help us create some kind of conversation or some fire that someone really wants to dig into your word and really find the truth for themselves. Use your word as a way to speak to others, and help us be a mouthpiece for you, Lord. And then your name, we pray.
Speaker 2: Amen, Amen. Well, I guess to start off with, if you.
Speaker 1: Were to define rapture, I look that up. You know the North American definition, you know, according to some you know Millennium teaching is you know, it's the transporting of believers to heaven at the second Coming of Christ. You know, thousands of Christians gathered outside Rochester and other cities awaiting the rapture as an example. And what's crazy. Is this is this word derives from the French and medieval Latin raptura, which it means seizing, you know, or rapture, the carrying off. You know, this was in like the late sixteenth entry, and then in English he goes to wrapt you know, it's like the root word. But the mentions of it were at its highest in the eighteen hundreds, and then when you get to eighteen fifty, it slopes down to about halfway nineteen ninety, another halfway down. Nineteen fifty it was at its all time low, but then it started to curve back up around two thousand and you know, ten to twenty and fourteen, but it's still nowhere near where it was at during the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: But this is I think it's important. Like I said that we look at this and we always say that from the scriptural context, and once again we're taking a person's you know, interpretation, and that's like you guys, taking us what we're saying right here as scriptural gold. And that's that's not how it is. Our whole thing right here is to get you to look into things, is get you to question things and to really dive into your Bible, let God speak to you, because because if you just take one man's word for it, if you just listen to one person, say oh, well they got it figured out, so I don't have to that's where people get lost a lot of times.
Speaker 2: This is just our interpretation.
Speaker 3: This is our interpretation. But at the same time, you could and we've looked at a bunch of different people's the way that they've portrayed it.
Speaker 1: And formed our own opinion and formed our own opinion.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, you could do the same thing and that and and I will say this and this, and I don't like to be a spoiler at the beginning of an episode, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to say it.
Speaker 3: I still say it. Michael Heiser said, this question will never be answered until it happens. Michael Heiser said that, he said he's looked into this forever and he said it's something that can never be answered at face value.
Speaker 2: Well, even Paul said, you know, this is a mystery.
Speaker 3: It is a mystery. And so we're talking this stuff is is going to be based on our interpretation of the scripture. It's going to be based on and the way that we view this and what we read, and my opinion changed a lot just by getting into this because the same as Justin, I was raised Lutheran, and you know, most of the time it's very pre trib where you think that we're going to be and maybe we should, maybe we should go into the definitions of the different ideology of certain people before we get too far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we'll get there with the different ones. But I didn't know this. But do you know where pre tribulation theology and dispensationalism came from? The start point?
Speaker 2: I'm listening, okay, And.
Speaker 1: This is a I got this pulled off from. I can't remember the source. I looked it up online, but it said that this didn't exist before the nineteenth century. Around eighteen twenty, you know, was the most common time of the conception.
Speaker 2: They believe.
Speaker 1: But it began during a revival in skull Stland a teenage girl named McDonald who claimed to have a vision of a pre tribulation rapture. And then a reverend, a famous one named Darby, happened to be there who he really latched on this idea. This man was one of the founders of Plymouth Brethren denomination and began to preach this theology. Darby took this teaching with him to the United States and the founding of the New World. He came in contact with the Billy Graham of that day, which was Dwight L. Moody, founder of the Moody Bible Institute and the Moody Press. Moody became the worldwide distributor of this theology. Many novels were written holding to this idea, one called Jesus's Coming. Then we have the Schofield Reference Bible. This was the first of its kind to have headings in the Biblical text. Jesus Predicts the Rapture was a famous heading there in Matthew twenty four. They planted these beliefs into the Bible.
Speaker 2: So this started with a.
Speaker 1: Vision from a teenage girl in Scotland at a revival. You know, this was something that was repeated enough until it was believed, and scripture was twisted to fit people's preconceived notions. So this all started with a teenage girl at a revival in Scotland that said she had a vision from an angel of a pre tribulation rapture.
Speaker 3: Once again, like I said, we're taking and it's funny if you look back and you can look through even people who weren't necessarily Christians at the time, but Josephus or Asebius or you go through all these other church fathers, and we've adopted so much of their ideologies and just made them doctrine. But it's based on their interpretation, and we're taking that one person's interpretation to heart if we aren't reaching out, praying and praying for that discernment and reaching and reaching towards God's word and looking into these things. And I'm not saying to not take the word of some other people to some degree, but you you test the spirits, test what you're hearing, Yeah, because you can't just take something at face value. If I told you the sky was falling today, you're not. You're gonna look at me like, eh. But if if Martin Luther said this guy you know, or who's a good example, if we go back to Tertullian, Tertullian, he said the sky is gonna fall in you know, twenty twenty three, everybody be like, ooh, now we got to be on the edge of our seats, you know, y two k or something of the all these different things were you know, no stradamis we believe what these you know, not we, but people in general have believed a lot of what these people say based on just their interpretation of events. And it's not it's not unfortunately, it's their interpretation of scripture, but there's not something specific that truly says. And it is a lot of interpretation, and it's a lot of trickle down because you see things that are translated a certain way into the Greek and that are translated a different way into the Latin. We talked about the Latin vulgate and how you were just talking about that with the Latin, how that that terminology changed, and it it is, it's really unsettling. I guess the more I look at how much that mask I think has been pulled over a lot of people's eyes because we have just allowed and this is a little off point, but that we've allowed a lot of these things to change our doctrine. And if we look across you know, if we go back to the to Jesus talking to Peter and saying on this rock, I will build my church. He didn't say all my different churches. He didn't say all my different denominations. He said my church. We have so many differences in our ideologies and our theologies based on the fact that we go to a church that we just believe that whoever started that denomination, we just felt that they were right. But you're not looking into it yourself. And I think that's a big problem, and a lot of the stuff we look into. Don't take what we say right at phase value. Don't say, oh, they're right, look into it yourself. This is what we saw when we looked into it. Our whole point is to get you to dig into it yourself.
Speaker 2: Amen. And we mentioned the mystery.
Speaker 1: You know, that's First Corinthians, chapter fifteen, forty nine through fifty five.
Speaker 2: Just as we.
Speaker 1: Born, we were born in the image of man of dust, we shall also bear the image of Man of heaven. I tell you this brother's flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye at the last trumpet, For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this parishalull body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable and the mortal puts on the immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, death is swallowed up in victory and old death. Where is your victory and old death? Where is your sting? So you know, just like in our intro, you know, it's the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of Kings to search things out. And that's just that's what we are attempting to do here today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we attempt to do every day before we're doing this, and honestly, you should attempt to do that every time you're reading your Bible. We talk about that in the beginning. You know, it's that the glory of God to conceal things and the glory of Kings to search things out. And there's you know, I guess jumping in, I guess jumping in a little bit to the different type of ideologies that a lot of these different either denominations or sects of the church have. You know, you have your pre trib which is what I was raised as you have a mid trib When I say trib, I'm saying mid tribulations. So we're talking about the rapture during the tribulation, when is it gonna happen. So if we say pre trib we're saying before those seven years, nothing bad's gonna happen to us. Us believers are taken up, and all the bad things are gonna happen after we leave, which, like you said, sounds phenomenal. I would love that to happen, and it's not outside the realm of possibility, but from what I read, and well, we'll get in there further. But then you have mid trib which is first three and a half years. Once again, we're going off that seven years that has been interpreted from from Daniel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the seventy weeks.
Speaker 3: Just seventy weeks, and that's what it's been interpreted from, which, once again, I think it's interesting that it's the number seven again, which usually just means.
Speaker 2: Completion, means judgment, yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: So the fact that we're sometimes taking the prophetic word very literal, and then other times we take the prophetic word as just oh, it's just symbolic the seventy nations. We're good with the seventy nations as meaning all of them. But then when we talk about the seventy weeks, No, we're going to break down and do math here because we have to figure out. People have a desire to know when this is going to happen. They want to know. They want to be like, hey, I'm gonna have everything, I'm gonna have all my ducks in a row when that's gonna happen. But the problem is it says he'll come like a thief in the night. No one will know the day or the hour. And Jesus even said I don't even know. Only my father in Heaven knows.
Speaker 1: And see, and that goes back to even being was talking about. That was something that he wanted to talk about, you know, was the the culture of the Jewish people and with the marriage contracts, you know how that referred back to that. You know, because you took the cup, presented it, you took a drink, you presented it to the bride. If she accepted, she drank it, then you're in covenant together. That's kind of like what we were seeing at the Last Supper. But then, uh, the green would go away and prepare a place for the woman. And he might thought the house was done and he was ready to go, but no, he could not go till the Father gave the blessing and said now it's time. So that was another reference there when Jesus was saying, you know, you know, even I don't know, only the Father knows the time. So that was like another you know, marriage contract, you know, little tidbit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we we obviously keep going through and we have the post tribulation idea where you go through the whole uh you know, the whole tribulation period, and then then your rapture, but you return with Jesus at the second coming or read about that time. And then it says there's there's also well there's also the pre wrath notion where and like you said earlier, we talked about this a little bit before. That kinda to some degree coincides with the with the mid tribulation. However, pre wrath is and there's some some references to to the the time of Jacob's trouble, and I think that's back in Jeremiah, if I'm correct, I have that verse or it says alas this is this is Jeremiah thirty seventh through nine is alas that day is so great there is none like it. It will be a time of distress for Jacob, yet he shall be saved out of it, and it shall come to pass in that day, declares the Lord of Hosts, that I will break his yoke from off your neck, and I will burst your bonds. And foreigners will no more make a servant of him, but they shall serve the Lord their god, and David their king, whom I will raise up for them. So talking about that, that that final judgment, that pre wrath. So when we talk about that, we're saying it's after that midway section, because the beginning of it is is is the beginning of that section will be more that Satan's wrath right where where that's being loosed on us, and then God's wrath is the ultimate judgment at the end. Bold, Yes, exactly, And that's what anybody who's pre wrath believes it will be taken before God's wrath is poured out on everybody. So that's kind of the four main ideologies. You can break them down into three with some subsets if you wanted to, but that's that's kind of where most people in the in the the church especially fall uh. And each one there's I mean, there's reasons why people believe each one I mean, and there I mean, there's there's scripture that, depending on your interpretation, can back up your idea. And like I said, there's no way to tell for sure what's gonna happen. And believe me, I sure hope it's pre trib But the more I look into it personally that that's a little it depends a lot on interpretation.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just go through and break them down a little bit. But before we get that, I guess for those that are not familiar, like to the two main verses that people pulls reference for the rapture, one of the first Thessalonians, chapter four, verse sixteen through seventeen says, for the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout and a voice of an archangel with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be called up together with him in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. And then Matthew twenty four, verse thirty one. And he will send his angel with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together his elect from the four winds, and one end of heaven to the other. For the parishable must claw himself with the n parishful, and for the mortal with the immortality. Then the perishable has been off with the imperishable, and the mortal with the immortality, then saying what is written shall come. So it's basically like the Corinthians verse that we mentioned earlier with Paul talking about the mystery. You know, but one thing I asked before we get into the breaking down. I thought this was, you know, like my little sense of humor kicking in, brace yourselves. But you know, I asked, you know, well, how many times does Jesus return? You know, we see him returning again to defeat Satan in Revelation nineteen in verse twenty one. You know, he said he would return to save those who believe and follow after him and judge those that who do not. You know, So to me, you know, it's like some people call the the Yo Yo gang, you know, or like us Southerners, we like to fish. So you know, you can talk like a bobber. He's like a barber in a pond, you know, like Morgan Wallen going up.
Speaker 2: Down, upwn up down. Oh, come on, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Where it's well else said, well said, no, it's that's that right there. Makes a big difference if you look at the the scripture in the wave of when when he'll return, like what is truly the second coming? And when is the second coming? So that changes a lot based on you know, the scripture you just read. But I think it's interesting too. At the end of that scripture said that you'll be drawn up with him, but it's it's it's a term of the way. Finish that verse again, because it's a it's a definition of finality. When you're there, you're there like that, you don't come back, right, So when when we're drawn up, you're not coming back. And we just talked about that a little bit with the let so go ahead. You can read that again.
Speaker 1: See yeah, in the very last scenes it says, and thus we shall always be with the.
Speaker 3: Lord, So we're when we go with him, we're never devoid of him again. We're with him for eternity. At that point, I guess the argument could be made that you know, he comes back or he when he does come down, then he is you know, we're part of his army at the end. So, like I said, it comes down a lot to interpretation.
Speaker 1: But with some people, like when you get to you know, we're talking about you know, pre trib you know, and you discussed that pretty well. You know that before the seven year tribulation. You know, God's people are withdrawn. One verse that I see a lot of people like to go to is Revelation, chapter three and verse ten. Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world to try those that dwell on the earth. You know my opinion with that. You know, like I said, this is all interpretation.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: You know, anybody tells you they got it figured out, run because they don't that if they're being honest with you. You know, Hey, this is what I read. I'm gonna read it to you. This is what it says, and this is my interpretation. That's most honest anybody can be about it. And if anybody says they got it all figured out, God's told them everything.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 1: But this verse in Revelation you know tells us that you know we will not have to stand trial at the Great White Throne judgment. You know that Jesus is are covering in our righteousness, so we don't have to answer for all of our wrongdoing, you know, because we are all forgiven. And like I stayed before, that's my opinion, because it says, you know, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, you know, So you know my opinion the Great White Throne judgment. As as believers, we don't have to stand in judgment and in trial because you know our sins are forgiven, you know, Isaiah forty three twenty five. I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, And I will not remember your sins anymore Hebrews ten seventeen. I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds Psalms one O three twelve. As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us? And then last one I gods Hebrew eight twelve, and I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins. You're not going to stand trial. I mean, that's how I interpret those verses.
Speaker 3: No, to me, that makes it makes sense. I see it. I see it very similar that way. You know, it says that every knee will bow and every tongue will confess. But those of us who have.
Speaker 2: Already willingly bowed willingly by, you.
Speaker 3: Know, have already made that commitment to God, have said, hey, Jesus, you're our salvation. We've made that commitment. We've done that, that we have professed that he is Lord. After that, who's left? And that's what that's really what our job here on earth is is to try to get as many people as I should say this in a different way, to get as few people to have to stand in front of that white throne of judgment as possible. So I do the other part that I think a lot of people. And this is where that Left Behind movie really kind of hits me, because you see the the when we look at it is Matthew twenty four especially. You see a lot in Matthew twenty four And a part that it really talks to me is if we go through and we look at Matthew twenty four four, and it's talking about Jesus, answer them and says, see that no one leads you astray, for many will come in my name saying I am the Christ, and they will lead many astray. So this is Jesus talking that there are gonna be people coming. They're gonna say these things, you know, going forward, and you.
Speaker 4: Will hear of wars and rumors of wars.
Speaker 3: And this is this next part is I think the really important part. And I've said this before. Why do we have to whisper, because I think it's important.
Speaker 1: We're keeping this a sacred no.
Speaker 3: But it's gonna get louder in a minute.
Speaker 4: It says you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place. Think about that, everybody you know with this, with the way the world's changing and the way the things are going on around us, we always say, and this is not even to say that this is happening right now. We don't know the day or the hour, but everybody is so concerned with the way the world's changing, with the things that are going on around us, with the evil that we see all around us. And it says, do not be alarmed. Says see that you are not alarmed, for this must take place.
Speaker 3: But the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of the birth pains. I like that kind of analogy. They are talking about that as well. I think that's pretty interesting. It says, then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to the death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. So think about this we're talking about. Jesus is talking to the disciples at the time, and they they believe when he says they're coming, he's coming soon, that it's happening right, you know, it's going to be next week, maybe soon, soon, soon as soon, you know. They it's still one of those things where they don't a little bit of that spiritual blindness that we all have to some degree where we can't totally understand the prophecy of God and we're not really supposed to understand everything, because even in Daniel it said, you know, lock these words up until the time is ready, you know, until the time is right. So and that's you know, a lot what we're talking about here, when we talk about the seventy weeks, all that stuff was meant to be locked away until a certain time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, the enemies reading these battle plans too exactly.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you this, they're smarter than we are. They've been around for thousands of years, you know, the Satan, the the you know these other evil forces, everything that we talk about. They've been here longer than us. They're smarternus. We have no chance to gets them without God at all. But so and then he's saying that that they're going to suffer, you know, that tribulation, to be put to the death. You'll be hated by all for my Name's sake. But then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another, for many false prophets will arise and lead many astray, and because lawlessness will be increased, for the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end.
Speaker 2: Do you hear what I say, those who endure to the what.
Speaker 3: No, didn't say? I think it says the end will be saved, and the Gospel of the Kingdom will be proclaimed through the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come that to me blows me away. Just so we go down a little further. If I go down to here thirty seven, I jump too far. I have more. For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. The coming not one of ten comings, not one of It's the coming. Right we talk about the number, the coming and the son of Man. For in those days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage until the day Noah entered the ark, unaware that the flood came and swept them all the way. So will be in the coming of the Son of Man. Then two men will be in the field, one will be taken and one left. Two women will be grinding at the flow at the mill. One will be taken and one left. Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this that if the master of the house had known what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not have let his house be broken into. Therefore, you must also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming in an hour that you do not expect. Who then is faithful? And who then is the faithful and wise servant, who the master has set over his household to give them their food at the proper time. Bless the servant, whom his master will find doing when he comes, truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. But the wicked servant will say to himself, my master is delayed, and begin to beat his fellow servants, and eat and drinks I'm sorry, and eats and drinks the drunkards. The master of the servant will come out a day when he does not expect him, at an hour that he does not know, and he will cut him to pieces and put him with the hypocrites in a place where they'll be weeping and gnashing at teeth. I know it's a mouthful, but that Matthew twenty four is where a lot of this jargon comes from.
Speaker 2: And who's the master of the house.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: See my interpretation. Do you like that my interpretation?
Speaker 1: I think if you talk about Satan, because it said, you know that Satan is the ruler of this world.
Speaker 2: That's what Jesus says.
Speaker 1: Right, He's the bad tenant, and it said that, you know, if he would have known when it was, he wouldn't have allowed his house to be broken into, you know. And that's just something that kind of came to me as you just reading that there.
Speaker 3: I think, I mean, I see that, I could see it. I could see it both ways depending on how you look at it. But that makes I mean, that makes one hundred percent. It makes sense. But I think it's so important to understand. What it's saying is that no one knows a day or the hour that Jesus coming back. No one does. And it says that we all must be ready. It doesn't say those who are left behind must be ready. It doesn't say that you know, once again my interpretation, but it says that no one knows the day or the hour, so be ready because when the Lord comes back, you know, we need to always we need to always believe that it could happen in the next ten minutes if you wait and you say, well, And that's I think why a lot of people really, really really try to take this literal and try to break this down and try to say, Okay, it's seven years. Okay, we are at the seventieth week of Daniel. We are at this juncture. So they want something concrete. They want something because then I can go do whatever I want until, you know, I can get ready, you know, ten minutes before and then I'll be good with God.
Speaker 1: How much time do I got to kil exactly?
Speaker 3: And I think that's the problem. I don't think that when this happens, that time that he comes.
Speaker 1: There ain't gonna be no time for you to be like, Okay, now I need to get my crap together.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: No, you witn't ready.
Speaker 1: Man, you missed the dinner, you missed the train.
Speaker 3: D percent.
Speaker 1: But going off what you used to talked about, you know, you know those who endure to the end, you know, and this was going you know, to the you know, the mid tribulation, you know, versus that I have here, the kind of you know that, in my opinion, you know, busts that up. You know one Corinthians fifteen fifty one talks about the last trumpet we shall be changed into glorified bodies. You know, people that hold this mid tribulation view, you know, they see that as the seventh trumpet. But you know Revelation eleven, you know, this is right before the bowls of wrath are poured out. But this isn't the last trumpet nothing. You know that the scripture talks about. The final trumpet is when Christ returns, we get our glorified bodies and the lawless one is defeated. You know, for this belief to hold true the mid trib we would have to have three comings, which is just not scripturally based.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 2: So you're ready to look get post tribulation.
Speaker 3: We already think we already started. Yeah, I think we've we've played our hand a little bit. I think we uh, I think we line up and to be honest, when we do these things, we research on our own. We don't share notes ahead of time. We look into these things because we want to have a conversation. We want to look at this from our point of view and and really you know, delve into uh what we you know, our interpretations.
Speaker 2: And just organic conversation.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: And the fact is when we line up, which actually isn't always because we usually have a similar idea, but we have different you know, spins on certain things, and that's okay, and it's always going to be that way. Yet you're gonna have that with anybody and a lot of these things. You got to think about this. The rapture is a non salvation issue. Yes, if you're right with God, it doesn't matter when it happens. Going through seven years of tribulation would not be fun, yes, but you know what you think about what the disciples went through, then you know they were you know, all with the exception of John, we're all murdered in one way or another in the name of Jesus. And you know it plainly talks about that from that you know, that time period. But I do believe and we we always say, you know, read this from the eyes of the time, from the people at that time. You know, you have to understand this was written, you know, the first century, right, This stuff is all written, you know, around the time, probably around somewhere between what thirty and seventy a d. Somewhere in that range. You know, after Jesus. We're talking about most of the Gospels right around that time would have been written. You have to look at it from their point of view. But that is not to say that there isn't especially when you look at a lot of these prophetic things that these are talking about us in the future as well, and it does put it in a small box to say, oh, it's gonna happen to us, it's gonna happen right now. But that right there is the mentality you have to have because no one knows the day or the hour. We have to treat it like it's going to happen tomorrow. We have to treat it because regardless of being raptured now, three and a half years from now, or you know, at the coming of Jesus, I want to be there and I think that's the most important thing. So once again, justin said it, I've said it. These are our interpretations. This is not gospel, this is not gold, this is just our interpretations. I want everybody to go and look into these things themselves, you know, send us some questions back, send us your ideas back, because I'd love to hear them. And maybe you sway my idea a little bit by me looking into some different references that you give us too. But sorry, that's a little side And note. I just think it's really important that we really look at this and really understand that these are you know, the way that this is interpreted by us.
Speaker 1: And see with me, you know, after doing my studying and stuff. You know, I'm I kind of fall into the you know, the post tribulation camp.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You know, people in this camp, you know, they believe that. You know, you'll have to endure the wrath of God, but you'll be protected and marked with the seal of God, you know. And at the end, Christ will return the dead and him shall rise first, you know, those alive, get their glorified bodies, meet Him in the air, come back down in a triumphant basically parade, and destroy the lawless one. But I wrote down some examples that show that believers will have to go through tribulation, you know, John sixteen thirty three. I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, But take heart, I have overcome the world Revelation seven fourteen. These are the ones who have come out of the Great Tribulation Revelation three ten. Since you have kept my commandments and have endured patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on to test the world. You know, we talked about that, the trial, the Great White Throne judgment Revelation twenty two twelve. Look, I am coming soon, and my reward is coming with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done, you know, their works for those who rejected Jesus, as they're covering in righteousness. This is the white throne judgment that is referenced in Revelation three. In my opinion, Matthew twenty five thirty two, all the nations will be gathered before for him, and he will separate the people one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. You know, we all go at the same time, but we're set apart for the trial because Jesus is our attorney and we're acquitted. And the last one I got a Revelation nine four. This is the fifth trumpet.
Speaker 2: You know, hurt not the earth.
Speaker 1: Neither the sea, nor the trees till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. You know, if we're raptured out, why do we need a mark of protection?
Speaker 3: All right? It makes sense. I have a little different idea on the seal of God and who that you know, when it talks about the elect in a few different areas, and this is a different whole rabbit trail that we can go on another time. But I firmly believe that that's the Jewish people, that's the remnant of the Jewish people. And even potentially and if we could get into that other time, but in certain areas where God is still maintaining his covenant with the Jewish nation that he made, you know, back through Eve all the way through Abraham, over and over again. And we talk about Jacob, and even as I said before, you don't talk about Jacob's trouble and things of that nature. Where I believe that that's God's people. Actually I even had a point part of that here if we look at and that's in Matthew twenty four as well, twenty nine through thirty. Once as immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darken and the moon will not give up its light. The stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man. And all the tribes of the earth which you brought this up, well mourn, and they will see the Son of the Man coming into clouds of heaven with power and great glory. He will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. So when it says his elect I think it's pretty interesting because we talked about the four winds, right. I think that's part of when we go back into the once again, I apologize way off topic, but when we go back into the idea of the ten lost tribes that were scattered one hundred and forty four thousands, So those ten lost tribes that were scattered, and that's when Jesus used Pentecost, when those lost tribes and Jews come to Jerusalem for that festival and he's spreading his word out to the nation. That's kind of the first part of this. But I believe that those one hundred and forty four thousand, those are his elect the ones that were scattered from the by the four winds he's bringing back together. Is his elect that are going to be the one hundred and forty four thousand that are marked with the Seal of God that are going to be his witnesses at the end. And that's that's him following through on his covenant that he has with with you know, all the way through Abraham, all the way down the line, you know, through Jacob, and he talks about that cop I mean, if you go back through ReGenesis, read Exodus, going keep going down that line and see how many times God ess re establishes his covenant with the Israelites. It's it's every five minutes.
Speaker 2: I mean, likes the Book of Enoch.
Speaker 1: You know, it says, you know, blissed be the righteous and then the elect. You know, there's a there's a separation there, and I like how even I think it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ryan Peterson was talking on his show one time, and he was talking about how he talks about, you know, the temple coming back and the sacrifice is coming back and all that kind of stuff. He said, you know, it was his interpretation that, you know, the Jewish people that rejected the Messiah, that still practiced the laws and all that kind of stuff, that's for them because they didn't accept the free gift of free gift of salvation. So therefore they have to sacrifice and do all these things. So that's you know, the he said, that's why he thanks one hundred and forty four thousand are left basically behind because they're the ones that has to lead the people that rejected Jesus back to the law.
Speaker 2: Kind of.
Speaker 3: I agree, but I also say that I think that one hundred and forty four thousand, once again, looking in revelation, looking at things when we talk about even Daniel, that these numbers are symbolic. I don't think the one hundred and forty four thousand is literally one hundred and forty four thousand people, you know, because it says it's twelve thousand from each of the tribes, right, each of the tribes of Israel. So once again pointing to the Jews or the Israelites, I guess, and that point but the people that he had the covenant with. So if we look at this one hundred and forty four thousand saying twelve thousand from each tribe, firmly believe that that is talking about the Jewish people and that they are that's him following through saying that that He has not forgotten his people. Paul goes through that very plainly. I think it's it's either an axe or romans. I'd have to pull that up. But he goes through that very plainly, saying that that God has not forgot his people and how great will it be when they come back and all there's just so much you know, God has not forgot his covenant with them. There's so much there pointing to the Jewish people, the Israelites being there at the end and potentially being that. And once again, let'll say it again, this is going to be our new lowercase G. God's thing. My interpretation is going to be that that is the Jewish people and God keeping his covenant with them.
Speaker 1: Well, backing up to the you know, the whole rapture deal. You know, you mentioned Matthew twenty four of the stars and the heavens, you know, and the judgment there. Uh when you back up just before that with a lot of people miss you know, is that Jesus himself said, immediately after the tribulation of those days, shall the sun be dark in the moon not give off her light? And all these things, you know, and Revelation mentions the opening of seven seals, you know, each one's a judgment, the judgment of the sun, the moon. You know, this all happens at the opening of the sixth seal, So we're still not at the end, you know, he says, and behold when he had opened the sixth seal, and low there was a great earthquake, and the sun became like a sackcloth of hair, and the moon became his blood, and the stars of heaven.
Speaker 2: Fell into the earth.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's the Revelation chapter six, verse twelve and thirteen. Those alive in Christ will rise to meet him in the air, and the dead in him shall rise first at the last trumpet the seventh seal. Remember Jesus said in Matthew twenty fourteen nine after the tribulation, the rapture, you know, is post tribulation and pre wrath, and the nations are angry, and thy wrath has come.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's Revelation eleven and eighteen. But what's cool is I'll usually always find the little Greek things, you know, the word you know, meet and you know, if you notice I'd done a you know, little air quote there at the meat. This is only referenced twice in the New Testament Second Thessalonians, Chapter one and chapter two. The context of the two chapters make two coming is very difficult. He describes the coming. He's giving relief to the believers, but at the same time affliction to the non believers. You know, Paul says these two things happen when the Lord is revealed from heaven UH Chapter two and verse one, concerning the coming of the Lord and us being gathered together to meet him. You know, we ask you brothers not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed at the spirit or spoken word or letters seeming to be from us to the effect that the Lord has come already. So someone had already told that the day of the Lord had already come, obviously, So how easy would it have been for Paul to refute that by simply saying that can't be I'm still here if the rapture had taken place. He says that day cannot come unless the rebellion comes first. You know where Christ comes to kill the lawless one. You know this points to one coming not to but fet Thessalonians four sixteen. The word meet is used two other times in the New Testament Matthew twenty five, verse six, Acts twenty eight fifteen. You know, both of these places it is a group of people going out to meet someone in accompanying them back to the place that they just came out from. So here, you know, we are the welcome party and leading a parade of his return. It's, you know, the triumphal entry that the people got wrong when Jesus in his first coming to Jerusalem. Only this time we truly understand who he is. I thought that was interesting, you know, that only other time that that word meet is used, it's to describe basically a party of people going out to meet someone and then coming right back to where they started from, kind of like a like a parade. So basically, you know, with that interpretation, you know, you know, the son of Man comes back in the clouds, we go up to meet him and get our glorified bodies just to either lead him back down or follow him back down to to vanquish the lawless.
Speaker 3: Of his army. Yeah, to me, that makes that makes the most sense. Still, I think, you know, going through this and after kind of really reading it, and I've actually read people with a lot of different views on this, especially being raised in a in a pre trib type environment, it seems to me that that a lot of the interpretation is more for comfort. And I hate to say it that way, it sounds bad, Yeah, but I feel that a lot of people are just you know, we talk about that tribulation and and it's it's terrifying, you know, talking about the beasts that will come up that will you know, have a face of a lion, you know, hair was a hair like a woman and sting like a scorpion, and men long to die, but death will not find them like things like this that mean, it's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I like Revelation thirteen. You know, it says, what is it those that are taken captive, and the captivity they will go. The ones that are hit with the sword, the slain with the sword, they will go. You know, it's basically saying that, yeah, you're going to have to suffer through man.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And you know what, this is a part where I think that a lot of people in our country and I'm just as bad as anybody else. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, but what I'm saying in our country, we've had it so good. And even right now people can say our country is this this or this? We have it so good. If we were living in the Middle East, or if we were living if we were living in Palestine, or we were living in a lot of different places around the world, if we were living in the Ukraine or the Russian border right now. Think about what those people go through. Think about the Jewish people through the Holocausts, that they didn't think that was the end of days. So when people are worried about what's happening right now in our country, people are going and suffering so much more than ninety five to ninety nine percent of people in our country ever have. And there is the torment, the civil war that happens around our country, and we only see parts of it. We see what our news allows us to see. But there's so many things going on around our country that I'm sorry, around our world that we'll never know about because it's it's out of sight, out of mind. We don't realize the struggles that everybody's having around the world that is so much greater than anything we've suffered through. And those people might think that this is, you know, the trumpets already sounded, or you know, the first the first seal is broken, or whatever it may be. These things have happened, that this is already in progress, and for all I know, it could be. But at the same time, we I think as a country, take for granted how great we have it. You can sit there and say, well, I don't have this, or I don't have this. The poor of us, the poorest of us have more than a lot of people that I've seen when I was in China and other people that have been other parts of the world. We are so well off, so we don't know what tribulation is yet. And we've seen bad things. Don't get me wrong, every one of us has had tough things in our life for bad things. We've been under spiritual attack or physical attack. But we have no idea what true tribulation is. So I feel a lot of times that that that pre tribute idea is to is is it's a it's.
Speaker 2: A security blanket, exactly what I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say. It's just that to keep your warm sea. Don't worry, I won't have to suffer like that.
Speaker 1: And it ignores and what gets me is it totally ignores God's judgment patterns in the past. You know, I always tell you study history if you want to you know, know what the future holds, because history repeats its nothing's doing under the sun exactly, And you know, Matthew twenty four says, you know, as it was in the days of Noah, they were eating, they were drinking, you know, marrying, given into marriage. So I mean they were totally unexpected. I mean things were good, obviously, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And their idea of good well, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. It was totally unexpected.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But when you look back at all the judgments, Okay, let's look back at Noah had no idea it was coming, and the wicked were swept away. Who remained the righteous, the chosen, Noah and the eight. So then you go forward Solomon, Gomorrah. The wicked were swept away, the righteous, the chosen were set aside. Right, So then you come on down to the plagues of Egypt. Did God pull out his people? Why all this stuff was going on? Or was they right there in the middle of it but protected?
Speaker 3: They suffered through the first few.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying that, yeah, they weren't raptured out of there, So why would this one be any different?
Speaker 3: That makes sense, It makes sense.
Speaker 1: You know, in the way I see this, you know, is when you talk about the left behind, you know, don't be left behind. Don't be left behind. To me, the way I read it, I want to be the one left behind because you know where it talks about you know, one one will be in the field and one taken away. One woman will be you know, churning grain, and one taken away. You know it uses that thing, that same terminology. It's like it did in the flood, and you know one is taken swept away. You want to be the one left behind. Because the way I read it, Christ comes down to earth and Heaven comes down to earth. I want I want to be here. I don't want to be taken out.
Speaker 3: At the very worst. I want to be resurrected at that time and be gathered up to them. So ultimately, you just need to know where your heart is, where's your faith at, and know that it could happen. It happened tonight, could happen tomorrow, could happen in one hundred years. We don't know. And I know that's very cliche, but in this case, you really can't focus and say that I have a deadline, I have this, I have that. That's not God's intent. God's intent is that you don't know. Therefore, live a godly life all the time. Don't pick and choose like, oh, it should be coming soon, so now I'm going to be good. No, always always be ready.
Speaker 2: That'll be all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you heard the man?
Speaker 2: Have you all?
Speaker 1: And one thing that I identify with me with that story, and I'll say this, I'll end with this. That struck me like a whole new way. A few years ago when I heard Doug talk about that you know you have your already be ready, Well then I thought about the people that didn't have their already. It wrote my hoar, I want to have my already, but I want to have some Make sure you give somebody else. You guys keep digging and you come up with your own interpretation.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to the Dig Bible Podcast. Questions, comments, or future episode ideas, we'd love to hear from you at the Dig four two three at gmail dot com. If you enjoy our content, don't forget to share, subscribe and check out our Facebook group at the Dig Podcast. Remember, you can't lean on a shovel and pray for a whole. You gotta dig