Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it is Friday Friday where the JV Show. I'm Selena and I'm just let's kick things off at the first talk back of the.
Speaker 3: Day, Happy chug, real Friday.
Speaker 4: Hey is it me?
Speaker 2: Or did I usually get like a flashback to like, hello, my name is Carmen.
Speaker 1: I believe we got disconnected?
Speaker 5: Was that y'all?
Speaker 6: Or was that what? Young?
Speaker 3: I'm only like twenty five and a half, you know, But anyways, y'all have a good Friday.
Speaker 2: Love you guys, you too?
Speaker 1: Oh what's that about me?
Speaker 2: A long time ago?
Speaker 1: My grandparents could tell.
Speaker 2: Me that was a long time ago? Was the JV Show? But before your time? Graham?
Speaker 1: Oh gotcha? Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Yeah, listener right there.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having diapers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm only twenty six and half. Holy tsunami warning.
Speaker 1: Yeah right. That was the.
Speaker 2: Craziest thing driving home from work yesterday, tsunami on the way. Did you guys take the warning seriously, I'll be honest, not.
Speaker 1: The tsunami part, the earthquake part. I did. Did you guys get the alert to your phone?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I didn't, Now I didn't an earthquake?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, not, of course, not the earthquake alert.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: A lot of people got the there's going to be, you know, one of those there's an earthquake, you know.
Speaker 2: I didn't get that.
Speaker 1: The Great Shake app or whatever it is, you know, like gives you the They try to give you advanced warning on an earthquake, and a lot of people got the earthquake warning, which my wife did. I did not. I was actually listening to the radio. I'm not gonna say which station because this one all my drive home and the of the show. They got the earthquake warning and were a little confused because it didn't give any details. It's like earthquakes coming, you know, it's one of those warnings, and it doesn't tell you. It's just trying to give you the quickest heads up that there's an earthquake app about to happen, but doesn't say where it is or how close to you. You just don't know. And they didn't know. And I'm just about to hit the car Keness Bridge and I'm dying.
Speaker 2: I was like, do you I want to.
Speaker 1: Be crossing this bridge right when an earthquake's about to hit. And thankfully there was like a little traffic slow down. Maybe the I don't know, maybe the bridge operators got the same thing. Yeah, I got the alert and shut down traffic a second because we stopped for a second, and I luckily wasn't out on the bridge, although it wouldn't have mattered, but you lost. You want to be in the Bay Area sitting on a bridge during an earthquake, if there was a particularly if that epicenter a seven, that earthquakes is huge. That is a very massive ything.
Speaker 2: That's what scared me. So when we did get the tsunami warning, I was like, well, I mean I didn't think obviously like Heyward is going to be affected or San Francisco is that that much? But I'm like, man, what if you know up north where the earthquake was at, is there going to be a lot of like damage, Like that's a huge magnitude earthquake right there.
Speaker 1: Well and if you had, even if it is far away, you can have tsunami waves that travel anything did go all the way across across the ocean if they're if they're big enough.
Speaker 2: It was funny, you know, being around a lot of people that are not from California, like for me and probably like a lot of you listening. We were like, uh, this happened last time. All we got was a little splash on the sidewalk on the embarcadero. We're gonna be fine. But my man's not from here. His godmom blowing us up. She's from Boston too. She lives in Conquered She's like, it says Contracsta County, we gotta evacuate, and she's freaking out. I'm like, no, no, no, no, you're fine. Yeah, you're fine. She's like, just in case you guys leave, come get me, pick me up. We're gonna leave together. Okay, we're gonna leave together.
Speaker 1: We need a boat for patoes, kid, We need canned food, bottles of water, a couple of flashlights, extra batteries.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: I will say it was kind of nice getting a text or too from people that were like, are you okay? It's funny because I got one before I knew what was happening, So I was like, yeah, like why would I be like what's going on? But they were watching the news and apparently it was already showing wherever they were at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got some same thing. I got some text from some friends that like live in Texas and stuff. Yeah, are you okay, sweet kids, I'm okay, We're fine. There's nothing that happening, but there could be. It's a good reminder to always be prepared because there could be in a real, real, actual large tsunami wave, it would have to have been caused by a different type of earthquake. This was more of a slip fault earthquake. They don't realize what it was. They don't really produce the big waves.
Speaker 2: That morning got canceled, and I was like, see, calm down, everyone.
Speaker 1: But if it was a you know, a different type of earthquake or whatever, that could set off, you know, trigger real tsunami waves. Yeah, yeah, we could be in trouble.
Speaker 2: Oh and a big one is coming, don't forget it's you know, we're way over over.
Speaker 1: Long for that one come in.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just as long as it happens when I'm not on one of the bridges. Yeah, I'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Or in the Bay Area. Maybe I'm on vacation somewhere like in Miami or yeah, that'd be nice.
Speaker 1: Right when a hurricane rolls in.
Speaker 2: Oh no, and then I hope that I know your.
Speaker 1: Weather related track record, you know, it's not great. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Time for.
Speaker 1: The four things you need a heads up on to start your day.
Speaker 2: Major plot twist in the case of the missing Hawaiian woman Hannah Kobayashi. Remember she flew to Lax mister connecting flight to New York and then she disappeared. Yeah, remember LAPD said she willingly traveled to Mexico. New information she may have been involved in a green card marriage as part of an immigration scam for money before she disappeared, Like, married a guy from Argentina and everything. So police are investigating that. Now, this whole.
Speaker 1: Thing is so crazy and the saddest part about it this are her dad took his own life right during this Yeah, during the search for her. Yeah, like wow, yeah, why didn't he? I don't I have so many questions, all right. The streak is over. The Warriors had a rare five game losing streak headed into last night's matchup with the Houston Rockets at Chase Center, and they got the win, and remarkably, they did it without Steph Curry and Draymond in the lineup, who were both nursing some injuries. Jonathan kaminga stepped up. He scored thirty three points to lead the Warriors to a ninety nine to ninety three win. The Warriors are gonna host the Timberwolves tonight at Chase Center. Tip off, seven o'clock. Go down.
Speaker 8: Who mostly guys with highs in the sixties. Today, Maybe some cities will have sprinkles, but you know, a little sprinkle never hurt.
Speaker 2: Loves will be in the mid forties, maybe not.
Speaker 1: Are there actual chances sprinkles there? You're just throwing that in just to cover.
Speaker 2: Your to cover myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, besties, today is going to be a nine. You're growing stronger, You're energizing your healthy practices. Get your heart pump in this month with Venus in aquarius, that it is. Yeah, you don't know what it means. Take your work, health, and vitality up a notch.
Speaker 2: I like that for you. I love that for you.
Speaker 1: Bet yeah, I love it when Venus is an aquarius me too. Are those the razors the venus?
Speaker 2: Oh no, yes, but yes.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 2: Jesse, you don't know what we're talking about. So Chipotle is raising their prices.
Speaker 1: Why now, look, Chipotle's gotten expensive. It was already expensive. Yeah, this newest price hike is coming on the heels of two previous price hikes that we've seen in very recent memories. One of them was in August of twenty twenty two when entrees rose by some of them over a dollar each, and that was on the heels of a previous price hike in June of twenty twenty one. This one is not as big as those price hikes, but they say approximately two percent is what the price increase is going up. So look, it's not a huge one. Prices have gone up. They say it's to offset inflation and rising ingredient costs and rising wage costs as well. The company did report, though, that their revenue grew by thirteen percent year over year, reaching two point eight billion dollars. Then they're going to be opening up. They got a plan to open three hundred and forty five new restaurants. Eighty percent of those will have a drive through. Do we have any drive through Chipotle?
Speaker 2: Sw No, we don't. That is kind of nice, Yeah, I like that. That would be nice, But I'm not here for raising of the prices. No, there's more around. Come on in and out. They've been around since what like the twenties, Sure, I don't know how long they've been around, but they've only raised their prices once. I think that's not true that I can remember.
Speaker 1: I can remember if you just said, if a chain has been around that long, if they had a if they had a five dollars double table, like that would have been like a five hundred dollars burger. That's true. So let's pump the brakes and get the fast.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm trying to say, Come on in and out. I love them for keeping their prices relatively low.
Speaker 1: Relative I went. Look, I've been to both. Look, I went to both those places this week. I went to Chipotle yesterday. Yes, I was shocked at my sixteen dollars burrito. Insane, Like, you just don't think of a burrito costing sixteen dollars unless I'm sitting down at a restaurant and there's a margarita with a salted rim next.
Speaker 2: To it, and it's been a butler.
Speaker 1: And it's just some monster burrito that I got to eat with a fork and a knife, you know, like it's just so big you can't even pick the thing up. That's a sixteen dollars brito in my mind. But no, here we are Chipotle's brito sixteen bucks. Then you're throwing a couple bucks of tip, and next thing you know, I spent eighteen dollars on one chicken Breeze at Chipotle. I'm like, what am I doing? I also went it in and out earlier this week, and while it was more affordable, I didn't find it like overly, like, oh my god, this is the cheapest meal ever.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, nothing is like that anymore. Yeah, that doesn't even exist, right, But I think maybe I just read too much, not that I read. Never mind, we.
Speaker 1: Tell us more about the twenties. What do you know about the nineteen twenties? When In and Out launched their first location?
Speaker 2: Yeah, five cents, that was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and today they've only raised their prices once. Now burgers are twelve cents, which was big. That's a big jump, you know more than that.
Speaker 2: That Math was definitely not math, And I apologize. Let's move on.
Speaker 1: How Why can someone google win the first in At nineteen forty eight, the first In and Out burger opened, and they've later, according to our buddy Selena, they've only raised their prices one time. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We're just talking about Chipotle drive throughs, like what those even exist?
Speaker 1: Good Morning JV Show.
Speaker 7: This is from Nevado, and we do have a drive through Chipotle.
Speaker 1: We I just looked. I just looked out the Chipotle in Nevado at I think it's Vintage Jokes or whatever they call that shopping center. It has U I think it's the Bay Areas and maybe California. When of California's first drive through Chipotle's because Chipotle said there are raising prices and they're going to open three hundred and forty five new restaurants, eighty percent of which are going to have a drive through. So drive through Chipotle's is the future. I had to realize that we already had one. There's one in Nevada. That's the one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be honest. That's what's stopping me from going there a lot of times. And other places no drive throughs. I don't want to. You don't want to get out of your car. Yeah, it's just so much more convenient when I don't have to just drive through. You know, I'm surprised you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but at least she wants to leave the house. Graham that's that's a good step because knowing Selena.
Speaker 2: She would have just store dashed it.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: I've cut back significantly on my door dashing, and I will I always order on the Chipotle app so I just walk in and grab the bag, and I don't have time possible.
Speaker 1: I don't have time to stand there line and be like, yes, I do want the GUACAMOI yes, I know it's extra yes.
Speaker 2: So if you are new to the JV show, one thing that you need to know about my buddy Graham here is he does not use emojis. Nope, doesn't like him, never has doesn't like them.
Speaker 1: I just don't. I don't. They're not fitting for me to use. I just don't find a need for.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what you sent one by accident, I think that was like the only time you've ever used an emoji.
Speaker 1: Well by accident to JV one time, and he immediately tweeted it out.
Speaker 2: Well. According to researchers from Indiana University, they say that, well, let's start with it. On the other side, the people use a lot of emojis, like myself and just we tend to have higher emotional intelligence. According to these researchers, which is the ability to understand, perceive, and manage our emotions and the emotions of others. Now, people who don't use people don't use emoji like yourself, Graham u huh. People who don't use emojis as friends and romantic partners is associated or they are associated with a personality style known as avoidant attachment.
Speaker 1: That sounds awesome, which.
Speaker 2: Involved prioritizing self reliance and independence over emotional closeness, closeness, excuse me, and intimacy.
Speaker 1: Avoidant is attachment. Avoidant attachment sounds like what you do by not wanting to ever get out of your car and see another human being avoidant. It seems like this is right, your.
Speaker 2: Right, But according to this, that's you, like you avoid getting attached to people close to you and showing emotion.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's true at all.
Speaker 2: Though, when's the last time you cried? It's been a while, Okay, when's the last time you sent an emoji to show emotion?
Speaker 1: But why can't I just say the emotion that I'm feeling rather than that the face sit there and find the right kind of smiling well crying face? Like, why why do I need that, why can't I just tell you.
Speaker 2: A better visual representation of how you're feeling?
Speaker 1: It's seems like a crutch to me. Really, yeah, why for the exact reason I just said, why won't you just say how you feel? But like when you're like, I don't feel comfortable saying that, So I'm just kidding. Let me find the emoji that can do it for me. It's a crutch.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's that because if you were to say, like, Okay, see you tomorrow, like it could be just like that. Adding an emoji will make it sound either excited, you know, or just without it, it's just like blah. I don't think I don't think it's a crunchmorrow. I don't think it's a crutch because you're not saying, Okay, see you tomorrow, I'm really excited or I'm not looking for You're not are you expanding on those text messages and like saying how you feel every single time you send a message?
Speaker 1: No, if it was from my wife, I can't wait to see you tomorrow, would that be blah? Without an emoji was like that's how I feel, I can't wait.
Speaker 8: So you don't know if she's reading it that exact same way.
Speaker 1: Exactly you tomorrow, yeah, exactly, like.
Speaker 2: Do you even use exclamation marks?
Speaker 1: Of course? And how many I can't wait to see you tomorrow? Would probably have three? Like if my wife was on a business trip or something, that's not enough? What am I like screaming it?
Speaker 2: If you're excited and not you're.
Speaker 1: But emoji emojis can be misinterpreted also, right, there's some ambiguity and ambiguity there as well.
Speaker 8: Right, there could be, but it's easier to understand when there is a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe some of them, Yes, of course there are some of them. Yes.
Speaker 1: Are they laughing at that? They laughing with me? Are they crying because they're so sad about this thing? Are they crying tears of joy? Like there is there In the history of emojis, there's been quite a bit of confusion. I'm sure I'll give you that.
Speaker 2: Someone did send me an emoji. They responded to one of my stories recently, and it was a picture of my son and this person said, your son kind of looks like usher two eyes emojis. I was like, whoa, what are you trying to say? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: You're right?
Speaker 2: Graham, I didn't really know what you're implying there.
Speaker 1: Or does he look like usha? No, Now I gotta gotta go look at the pictures. I yeah, I don't know. It's just like I feel like the emoji train has left the station, and I know it's not it's too late for me to hop on, Like eh, I just don't care. I guess, like learning a new language, it.
Speaker 2: Would be weird if you started now at this point exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to use the hottest.
Speaker 2: It's all the stuff you need.
Speaker 9: To know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So people are wondering if Travis Kelsey and Patrick mahomes romance might be over. So Travis on his podcast, he was talking about how he hasn't been scoring a lot of touchdowns. Graham, you watch a lot more football than I do. He's only scored two touchdowns, yes, the entire season.
Speaker 1: Look the Kansas City Chiefs offense. Despite what their record shows you, which is like sheer domination, their offense really ain't down impressive.
Speaker 2: Wow. So now Travis is confirming that him and Patrick Mahomes, their chemistry is just off, he said, for whatever reason this year, I just cannot find my way in the end zone. I'm just not on the same page as Pat. It can get frustrating, that's for damn sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think there's a multitude of reasons. I don't know that those guys have totally lost their chemistry because two of them, this is from Kelsey Dynamic Duo saying.
Speaker 2: That their chemistry is off. They're not on the same page, and people are wondering if it has anything to do with Taylor Swift and Brittany Mahomes. They're rumored fe you'd remember that a while back when it came down to like politics and stuff, they were on opposite sides, and then that was later squashed or so we thought, because they were photographed together and hanging out again.
Speaker 1: But what if deep down inside that publicity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well what if deep down that really did like affect their friendship.
Speaker 1: It would still be weird. Though. If you're Patrick Mahomes and you're like, I want to win this game. There's this guy wide opening the end zone. But I remember that time his girlfriend didn't get along with my wife. So rather than I mean we're making splitsy, you just see a red jersey in the end zone, that's open?
Speaker 2: You check it? True?
Speaker 1: You I don't know that he Look, it's possible you could not give him as many targets throughout the game. But I mean when it comes to scoring touchdowns, that dude's a pretty good end zone target. Okay, I don't know. Maybe he's just getting old. That is true. He can't get open.
Speaker 2: There's always that was getting to him. Did he crying once again because the Feds are spine on him? Isn't that what they do when you're in jail. They watch everything to do. They listen to your calls like this is not new information. So Didny's team is accusing the government of unfairly spying on him, though they see the fence of trampled his constitutional rights and they hindered his ability to fairly prepare for his upcoming trial while behind bars. They keep on bringing up the time that his cell was rated and they stole those notes. And maybe Didy's team does have a point because remember when they stole those notes, the judge was like, ah, those are notes for his attorneys. Those are confidential. Rip those up, cannot be used against him. They're saying that it's stuff like that, it's communications with his legal team that the Feds are spying on. But I don't blame them. I don't either. I want them to do whatever.
Speaker 1: I I don't care. Yeah, this is zero sympathy for this guy.
Speaker 2: Yez resolutely none. Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 1: All right? You hear the phrase every vote matters. I think a lot of people have gotten little jaded by politics of late, but it is true every vote matters because listen to this. A city council race in the city of Gault, which is not too far away here in the Central Valley, it just ended in a tie. Each candidate got exactly three and eighty two votes. Now, in most cities they would have held some sort of special election or runoff to determine the winner. Those can cost the city a lot of money. They can be very expensive and time consuming. So in Abiden's with a measure that was recently adopted there in Gault, should a race end in a tie, the winner shall be determined by a boxing match twelve eight rounds. I'm kidding, TI shall be determined by drawing straws. No straw loses. So the city clerk went and bought a package of straws, which they said cost three bucks, and Matthew Pratton pulled first. He drew a long straw, while Bonnie Rodriguez she drew a short one and lost.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I would have preferred the boxing match.
Speaker 2: At least you have a better chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bonnie could have knocked out.
Speaker 2: Matt maybe if she trained hard enough.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Yeah, you don't know, pump some iron, Yeah, never know. So drawing straws, they say, this is reminiscent of now. I don't know if you remember we had a similar situation here for the Richmond City Council in twenty twenty two. Wasn't that long ago? Caesar Sabada and Andrew but son of former Richmond mayor Tom But they each tied with one. But it's each and they had the county clerk draw envelopes out and whoever's envelope out of the bag and that's how they did turn. They say special elections can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. You want your tax dollars going helping some special election runoff?
Speaker 8: Thing?
Speaker 1: Like no, maybe box that would be more entertaining. But yeah, draw straws whatever the end of the day, Who give the fart flip a coin?
Speaker 8: Yeah, rock caper scissors would have been more interdaing.
Speaker 2: Yes, they should do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I would be frustrating had you poured everything your heart and your soul and your campaign and you hit the streets and knocked on doors and shook hands into campaign votes and then you just arbitrarily draw a straw that's shorter than some other dude, and it's like, all right, well, I guess we're done here.
Speaker 2: I know, all right, we're out, all right, Thank you, Graham The.
Speaker 1: JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday. Yes, Selena here with my Selena here with my buddies, Graham and Jess. Where the JV should before we kick off? What the bleep urgent question?
Speaker 10: He was, Jamie, shel Danny be here. I need some advice, sas Ram. I know you've got a long commute right when you've got to kick a number two key and you're nowhere here to work.
Speaker 3: What do you do, man?
Speaker 10: Because I need a helicopter or something. Man, I'm going down nineteen to Avenue head to work, and I'm not going to make it healthful.
Speaker 1: I mean, where you say he was nineteenth Avenue. All right, I'll let me talk you through this because this is what if I was in his situation on nineteen what I would do is I'd make a left on Martin Luther King Drive, and you're gonna head right to the parking lot at the California Academy of Sciences. Look, you're gonna have to buy a pass, just whatever, pay the admission. Get in there now, Head into the Rainforest Dome. It's really cool in there. It's like hot and you and they have all the rainforest stuff you can check out. But remember there's no bathrooms in there. So once you're done checking out that exhibit, I highly recommend it screat Then what you're gonna want to do is head into the Amazon Flooded Forest Tunnel right after that exit. Hang a right right there, and there's a bathroom right there, uh, stall number two. Incredible flush. Like I'm telling you, it's just like a whoop, big one of those bigo. That is the spot. And a lot of peace and quiet because again people are distracted by the Rainforest Dome and like, look at the butterflies and all that stuff. And you have peace and quiet in there and that's a great spot to handle that. I don't feel afraid. I've mapped out a lot of these roots throughout the city. So if you if you need other more geographic specific for your current number two emergency, just hit me up. I'll talk to.
Speaker 11: You through it.
Speaker 4: This is Jen the Caligonian. Hey, I'm doing a quick talk back before I jump into work. But hey, the tsunami warning yesterday crazy. So they evacuated my town, which is very small, and I said there was no traffic. I mean there was no traffic, but Art Town was like bottleneck. You couldn't get out.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: They were evacuating nursing homes and everything. But the funny thing is all these Orgonians they're freaking about out about these like aftershocks.
Speaker 1: And like, guys, shut up, really just after shocks. Deal with it, Oregonians. She does have JV show number one in Oregon and she's our favorite Oregonian you listener.
Speaker 2: All because of you. Wow, to have your whole town evacuated, that would happen in a panic. That's scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would. But I mean I guess like there is you know, some point to it, right, you want to be it's better safe than sorry, No, of course.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to what the bleep is? Where you can win this JV show chug Mug. Look, you just got to be the first person to guest today's bleeped out word. No big deal, you can do it, all right, So here is today's clip. I remember one time I tried to just swallow instead of spitting it back out. It did not end. Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone knows you're not supposed to do that. I think, right, I thought, all right, think about what that bleeped out word could be. Let's get you that chug mug on this Friday. You got this, You could do it. And just remember that the guest has to be something family friend, yes something PG leive us your name and your city along with your guests. First correc dance of the morning wins the chugmug and.
Speaker 2: Go We're playing guests.
Speaker 1: Is next the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Got be Friday, We're playing what the bleep?
Speaker 8: Where are you?
Speaker 2: Hopefully you win this JV show chug mug. You just got to be the first person a guest today. Bleeped out word casum is today's clip. Here it is. I remember one time I tried to just swallow instead of spitting it back out. It did not end well. All right, what do you think that bleeped out word is. Let's go to her what happened? Hi?
Speaker 7: This is Celia from San Francisco, and I am guessing that the bleeped out word of the day is mouthwashed.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday, just wiped out like fifty really is right? There so many people guessing mouthwash this morning. That's a great guess. If you ever accidentally swallowed that, yes, bit, yeah it does.
Speaker 2: It's not a good feeling.
Speaker 1: This is David from Martinez and my guess at the bleeped out words it seeds. Have a good morning. Seeds? Remember spit they? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I remember one time when I was little, I tried, like I was like, why do we have to spit these things out? Let me try chewing one up outer part and everything and swallowing that the way it was like scratching everything down my throat.
Speaker 8: Not do that.
Speaker 2: Good Morning jav Show.
Speaker 4: This is Ryan from Hayward and the bleeped out word is toothpaste.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: My kids love eating toothpaste too. It's like the bubblegum flavor. Whatever. Well, this is the best. I'm like, you're supposed to spit that out too late, Like, no, what are you doing? That's gross? The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: All right, we are the JV Show Plane. What the bleep? Hopefully you can win this, Chuck Munke, you just gotta be the first person to guest. Today's a bleeped out word. In case you missed today's clip, here it is. I remember one time I tried to just swallow instead of spitting it back out. It did not end well as Anyways, leave those guesses on the talkback, Mike. Remember this is a family show. That is the only rule when it comes to this game. Right, let's go to your talkbacks.
Speaker 11: This is Marisol from Daisy City, and I'm gonna say the bleeped out word is oysters.
Speaker 2: Oysters.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty popular guests.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever even tried an actual oyster ever. Ever, I don't and I don't have any desired too.
Speaker 5: You're missing out.
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't think I am. I think I'm good.
Speaker 1: I have mixed feelings about oysters. I feel like the best part of them is whatever sauce that you put on them and then yeah, you swallow the thing whole half the time. So it's like, what did I really do there? You know, just give me a spoonful of sauce. Yeah, good morning. My guess of the morning is she tries to swallow a LOOKI instead of spitting it out. ALOGI. You know, our listeners are kind of gross, because I'll tell you that some of the most popular guesses this morning were Lugi's, phlegm, mucus snot all those things. All those things got guesses this morning, multiple guesses for lugis.
Speaker 2: You want to know something really gross? Yeah, I actually do swallow.
Speaker 1: No, you don't, just because you cannot.
Speaker 2: Spitting all that stuff out is like crossing my tongue and then it's like in my mouth and then happen to like muster up.
Speaker 1: It's just getting stock already back in my throat.
Speaker 2: All I got to do is push it. It's fine.
Speaker 1: No, your body wants that thing out and gone.
Speaker 8: Like you know what, this makes sense because Selena is sick like every other two weeks, every two weeks.
Speaker 1: That's so, and then she hasn't been that hungry lately because she's just eating all her lutens. Knows you're sick.
Speaker 7: Good morning GV Show. This is Andreana from Conquered and my guess is swallow lemon juice. I've been seeing a TikTok trend where people are trying a shot of lemon juice and it doesn't go over well.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys. Oh my god, what's funny about is that is on this morning's chug wheel coming up at eight twenty. You have lemon juice on the wheel this morning, and that's going to be more than a shot of lemon juice. It's gonna be a full on chug.
Speaker 2: Wi do that?
Speaker 1: What's on the chug wheel?
Speaker 12: Wait?
Speaker 2: Is it like impossible to swallow lemon juice?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I just saw something about a guy that just broke the world record for drinking of one leader of lemon juice throw a straw, and he did it in thirteen seconds. So one little chug of it if you should, you be so lucky, could just spin the wheel of it land there You'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I'm already getting that like salivating feeling in my mouth when you're about to eat something. Sad I eat it? Can I or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say anything.
Speaker 2: I don't want to jinx myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 6: This is Katrina from Martinez and I think the bleeped out word is gum.
Speaker 3: Gum.
Speaker 1: We have a winner.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's today's clip, unbleeped. I remember one time I tried to just swallow gum instead of spitting it back out. It did not end well.
Speaker 1: Were you a kid? I feel like kids do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all kids try that, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you try it. I remember my mom told me that when I was a very little you know, she had my brother's two years older than me, and I have a twin sister, so when we were all little, tough to keep track of all of us. And she said, at a restaurant, I found some gum stuck to the underside of a table, and she said it was too late, could get I had already swallowed it.
Speaker 2: That's discussed.
Speaker 1: She said, it showed up the next day in my diaper. Well, that dispelled the myth that it's stuck in your stomach for seven years or whatever they used to tell you it was.
Speaker 2: My parents always told me you'd start blowing bubbles from the other That.
Speaker 1: Could be true true also, but yeah, minea didn't take long find all right, Katrina and Martinez was up. Katrina, what's up? She had the very first correct answer this morning. She was on it today and she'll be sipping and chucking hot coffee out of brand new JV show, Chuck Bug. All right, a lot of people came with correct answer this morning. I'm gonna try to shout everybody out desire. Natalie and Neton City was up. Rebecca and Conquered had it, So did Mary and San Jose, Savannah and Hayward. Our buddy, Tiffany and Clayton had it. So did Ryan and Valo, Michelle and Sam Bruno.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 1: Michelle was up? Leila and Tracy had it. So did our buddy Jasmine in Seattle. JV show is still number one Seattle, Thank you, Jasmine. Sherry and Foster City had a correct so did David and Richmond, Amanda and Hayward, Sophia and Nanna and Napa Humberto in San Jose, Anthony and Evelyn in Union City, Leslie and Belmont, Jessica and Conquered, Bianca and Lailah.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Yanga and Leila, you guys have a great weekend there. From Daily City Jessica and Santa Clara. I had it correcked amongst a few other people. Shout out to everybody that played this morning. You didn't win today, but you can win Monday. Monday, that's your day. I feel like I feel it every morning the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: I'm Selina by the way program and I'm jess And let's go to the phones Weldony four nine.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 8: Rachel?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 2: Rachel? How's it going good?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: We are wonderful things? For asking? I have to ask any fun weekend plans? What's going on?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 11: Just Christmas shopping and rapping and decorating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, that's fun. I actually think that stuff is fun though. Are we the only ones? Maybe? No?
Speaker 6: I like to watch some movies in the background.
Speaker 2: Yea, some wine?
Speaker 1: Yeah you have to pay, you do it?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're on the same page. Rachel. You're on this morning to play the JV Show. You have nope game, jess what is on the line for her?
Speaker 8: Visibly win oo tickets for Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are going to be jealous of you if you and Sisa opening up for him. It's gonna be huge. You know how this works. We're gonna ask you, Rachel, four trivia questions. Just got to get three corrects, and these tickets are yours. Okay, okay, all right, here's question number one. Finish this famous quote from the Shakespeare play Romeo and Juliette. Here it goes, good night, good night parting? Is such sweet what.
Speaker 6: Sorrow?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where's your.
Speaker 1: Didn't fire her off?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 1: Such sweet sorrow? Romeo roke you all right? Question number two true or false? A group of jellyfish is called a smack true not want to get caught in jelly fis.
Speaker 2: Every answer is like a question and you're.
Speaker 1: Getting them, all right, nice Joba, Rachel.
Speaker 2: Question number three Gangsta's Paradise. It was a huge hit in the nineties from What Rapper? One More Time? Yes, so it was a song called Gangsta's Paradise. It was a huge hit back in the nineties. It's from What Rapper?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope there's no uh googling going on there, there's not a Rachel. Right, all right, you don't even need question number four. You've already won the game. This one is just for fun. Iron Man's suit is powered by a reactor that's located where on the suit on Yeah, whate go, nice job, Rachel.
Speaker 8: You just want a pair of tickets to see Kendrick Lamar many night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oracle Park, and yes, sizz Out will be there as well. She is opening up for him. Fine tickets go on sale today. Yeap ten am to an im. But Rachel, you still got him before they're officially out there. Congratulations. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hang on there for your winning Graham. A lot of shout outs, a lot of shouts.
Speaker 1: Just buckle up, you guys. Just get ready because I got a lot of my dms were on fire yesterday. All right. Go One says, Hey Graham, can you please give a shout out to my daughter Amelia Elaine. It's not a birthday or anything. I just want to get wish her a happy Friday and hope she has a great day at school. Love you, boo boo And that's for mom Erica. So happy Friday, Amelia Elaine. You said it's not a birthday. Pay attention to keep up rock One rock one artist Another one says, Hey Graham, I'd like to give a birthday shout out to my nephew Ethan aka Gong Goong Boy aka rain Crow. He's turning into big ten today. Thank you so much. That's Uncle Sam, so happy birthday, birthday, step Mama in my dmsy is hey Graham, can you please give a shot out to my step son Ezekiel a very happy birthday as the interests of teens, he's turning thirteen tomorrow. We listen to you guys every morning on our way to school. That's from Dad Tita. That's a stepmom, Elijah and Rocket, their dogs. So happy birthday.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: I went to you guys, please wish my girlfriend Ashlyn a happy birthday on December sixth. That's from Angelo. I'm sure we'll do that so far. Another one, Good morning, boss man. It's Carlos from Modesto against Finally my birthday this Saturday, December seventh. I'm turning thirty, finally been waiting to get out of my twenties and please make people give a little fart. We don't. Happy birthday, Carlos. Another one morning JV show slide in your DMS to get my daughter a special birthday shout out. We listen every morning way to school wishing Gigi Benevenuto a happy eleventh birthday today. Keep crushing it, baby, We love you. That's from Mommy, Daddy and the boys birthday. Another one, Graham, sliding your DM so you can wish my daughter Aliana A Leana Aliana a happy sixth birthday. She's been so excited all week, won't stop talking about how many days left. We listening guys every morning. I want to see her reaction when she hears her name on the radio. That's from Mom Gabby, so happy happy birthday. Another one, Hey Graham, I'd like to wish my daughter Scarlett a happy, sweet sixteenth birthday today. That's from Dad and her brother Kallel. We love you guys so much, Thank you, Thank you to her for being an amazing big sister and an amazing daughter. So happy birthday. Start, Happy birthday. The other one, High Graham, My kids. I listen to you guys every morning and always catch your mom's and my DM segment. Today is my daughter Ellie's eighth birthday. It'd be amazing if you could wish our happy birthday. That's from Mom Dad, Nash Er Sure. Another one, Hey Graham, can you please shout out my baby girl? Jayla tomorrow that's Friday the sixth, and wish our happy eighth birthday. We listen you guys every morning, and Jayla always says she wishes you guys were on all day long. We love you, Jayla. That's from mom. Dad. I tell Korea another one here. Can you please send a birthday shout? OU's my son r J rad Off rad Off Happy eighth birthday, our Ja. You're officially eight years old. Slaying it. Broh. Hope your day is filled with good vibes and major Riz. You're the goat, no cap. Let's turn up and make it a lit celebration. Keep being awesome, mom and sister Izzy. Yeah, funny the one here it says, Hey Graham, mom and co host, sliding into your DMS, can you please wish my daughter a super happy thirteenth birthday. I can't believe she's a teen major a. Btw. She's not listening right now, thankfully because the JV Show isn't allowed to talk about her own air anymore. But I still want the whole world to know she is. It's a real one's birthday. Happy birthday, Keiana. And that is from mom Selena. It's your daughter's.
Speaker 2: Birthday, birthday, that's my daughter. Get my shout out, leading gram.
Speaker 1: Nice slide in, well done, goddest.
Speaker 2: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in.
Speaker 9: Music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 1: Okay, so TikTok.
Speaker 2: Food critic Keith Lee talked more about his experience here in the Bay before I give you the latest.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: I know we're sick of him. Okay, he trashed the Bay area. We know that this talkback just came in.
Speaker 11: Good Morning JV show. This is Kristen out of Oakland. Am I the only one that really just wants to tell Keith Lee to forget we ever existed. We don't want you back anyways. I don't know who sets you up to come, but they failed you. Am I the only one that just wants to say, stop, don't ever talk about us again. You're never gonna be welcome back in the Bay period.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 11: You're done here, bye, sir.
Speaker 1: I totally agree, Like we've given him such a platform to talk about the Bay. The dude was here for ten minutes. Go away.
Speaker 2: Yes, him having this major platform and everyone taking his food critiques like, so seriously, I do not understand, but listen to this, Okay, so TikTok food critic. He Keith Lee. He's on Shannon Sharp's podcast and they're like in a car riding somewhere. He open up more about his time here. Now, remember it was not a good experience for Keith Lee. When he was here in the bay. He went to several different spots to try the food, didn't even post about most of most of them. He got sent to the hospital for his shellfish allergy, and then he left the bay early, saying the bay is not a place for tourists and that the people here in the Bay are just focused on surviving. And one of the things that he brought up was the amount of homeless that he encountered. So he's talking to Shannon Sharp. Let's start with this. They first start rubbing in everything that we've lost.
Speaker 8: Let's see, they lost the Raiders, they lost the a's, they said, he lost Keith Lee.
Speaker 3: So right in and out the very first in and out to ever close and a lot of that is attested to the crime.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, but how did you even know that? Like, are you really like upset? Why is he speaking like he is, like you're here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So then he.
Speaker 2: Starts talking about the crime specifically BIP. And remember he didn't do a lot of the videos while he was here, and I think that was part of the reason why. But listen to his reasoning.
Speaker 3: God forbid somebody hop on a plane after we review a spot to go try the food. They lead at airport and they get robbed and they say, I got robbed trying to Keith Lee recommend the spot. If a child was to get robbed or child was injuring any sort of facet that had anything to do attached to me, I wouldn't give a sleep at night because I think it's very serious.
Speaker 2: Can you understand that a little bit?
Speaker 1: A little bit? But if I don't know, are you hopping on a plane to go try the second Keith Lee reviews the place, Man, it's a really good sandwich, and then I'm like, I better book a flight there to Oakland to go try this thing. Like stop.
Speaker 8: This can also happen anywhere that he visits, and.
Speaker 2: He did acknowledge that. He did acknowledge this is not the only area he's ever been to where there is crime. A lot of cities, you know, they struggle with their own things. Then he talks about his experience going to the tender Loin. Him and his team were sent to the Tenderloine to go to a restaurant.
Speaker 1: We got sent to the Tenderloin in the bay. The Tenderlawin is skid roll on steroids.
Speaker 3: Wow, the Tenderloin, when I tell you, it is people in the middle of the streets doing hard drugs, sitting.
Speaker 1: Crisscrossed apple sauce with no care in the world.
Speaker 3: And it was kids walking around. It was people with families, and it was a restaurant smack dap in the middle of that that people told us that we had to go try.
Speaker 1: Was people actually in the restaurant. Yeah, people were just sitting there in in and then you step outside.
Speaker 3: When I say like burnt cars is things that almost look inhuman. I just refuse for anybody that went out there after us to be putting any harm's way without me.
Speaker 2: Acknowledging that right, I gues he's making the same point, like, how.
Speaker 1: Many burnt cars are there on the tenderline. Can somebody give me a count on that?
Speaker 2: Said, there's like burt trailers and things, so I'm just that's not the tender one. I get what he's trying to say. He wants people who do follow his recommendations to not put themselves in sketchy situations or show up and be like this is where Keith Lee told me to go, and like I'm scared for my life type of stuff. But this is also he has a huge platform, so does Shannon Sharp. But you're just furthering this narrative that this is what the Bay is like and it's not.
Speaker 1: And you're making a snap judgment off a ten fifteen minute visit to an area like that's not indicative of all of San Francisco. Every major city, every major city has its own version of the Tenderloin.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he did acknowledge that I didn't get to play that audio, but he did say that every city has its its things. It's not just San Francisco or the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: Go away, Keith Lee.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're allergic to shellfish, go.
Speaker 1: Away, don't come back, don't care. And nobody books a flight to go, fly to tribe whatever food you think people do. I mean, in all his reviews and all that.
Speaker 2: Somebody has, maybe they're not booking a flight but somebody from that area. You know, if I saw him post about, you know, if a restaurant here I'd never been to, but I saw how good the food looks, I might go if it's you know, close distance, or if.
Speaker 1: You found yourself in another city that you were traveling to, not specifically going just to try his recommendation, right, But I don't know. There's a lot of foodies out there. Maybe they do, maybe they go on true food trips.
Speaker 2: Graham, what do you have all right?
Speaker 1: The after shocks continue to roll in following yesterday's seven point zero magnitude earthquake. That is a huge earthquake, you guys have struck off the coast of Humboldt County yesterday morning. There's been a lot of aftershocks, most of them pretty small. But if you have been over a four magnitude, which is that's pretty big, you're feeling that. There was a four point seven yesterday, shortly after the big one. Then this morning at six thirty six am, there was a four point two. Luckily, the earthquake did not cause the tsunami like we were all warned about, and those warnings were pretty quickly canceled. Yesterday early afternoon, Seismaal just say, the fault that the earthquakes happened on is a slip strike fault. You got two tectonic plates sliding next to each other. Those don't generally cause tsunami waves. Although my brother that lives in Chico said that his backyard swimming pool turned into a mini tsunami. There was just huge waves rolling around in it. I'm just salty that he has a pool in general. Also, it is a saltwater pool, so that bugs me too. Luckily, there has been no reports of any injuries from the earthquake that I have seen, or any major infrastructure damages. I've seen some cracks and some roads and grocery stores with stuff falling off the shelves of Yeah, hashtag we will rebuild hashtag Humboldt strong. But luckily, where this thing struck in a rather remote, more remote area, not a very densely populated one, we've avoided a lot of that. But good reminder for us here we are overdue for the big one. I know the JV show on Wild ninety four nine, Oh my god, it's everybody's birthday today.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Davy Show. This is my son Kittsford Happy Friday. I wanted to see if you guys could give my daughter a shout out. It is her twenty first birthday and I am taking her out tonight to go have a couple of drinks. Anyways, thank you guys. You guys can do with me that huge favor.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, Happy Happy Birthday. The part you turn twenty one, you want to go for drinks with mom?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no Martha, hold on, hold on, I said no for me, not my mom. Got she is a cool mom. I can tell there's a difference.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good point. Is a day, Yeah, there's a distinction there, all right.
Speaker 2: Earlier this week, we talked about a little girl who I said was terrorizing Walmart. It was a viral video and we talked about this. You know, a few days ago. She was knocking things off of shelves. She was like stomping on food packages, and she's like throwing things and so calm about it too, just walking up to this bam throwing that on the floor. She starts breaking bottles, and then you know, a guy's like, oh my god, don't want this little girl to get hurt, So he kind of you know, he does touch her and he tries to like stop her from throwing the bottles, and then another woman comes up. She's like, don't you dare do that to a little girl, and she starts trying to calm the girl down herself. That lady who was talking to the girl, her name is Amber Gregory. And just here's an update beause a lot of people did ask. She says that the little girl in the video is not a spoiled brat or having a tantrum. Instead, she says that she is a nonverbal, neuro divergent child who was alone in the store and she was separated from her family. That part is unclear, but that's why she was really really scared. And so when Amber was trying to calm her down, this little girl, she wasn't able to like say her name, communicate what was wrong. She couldn't speak, but she was obviously it need to help, and so she was slamming all the parents who just took out their phone and started recording rather than trying to do anything. And she says that this whole situation is playing out for like forty five minutes to an hour. WHOA, and I guess at some point the little girl was like trying to hurt herself. Eventually the kid's parent. The kid's parent did show up, Cops were called. Unclear if a police report was filed, and I don't know where the parent was for that almost hour, but that is what was going on. She was afraid. Wow, she was alone.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of people. We played a lot of talkbacks as we sort of debated whether or not as a bystander, if you should intervene if you saw a kid doing something like this, and a lot of people we didn't get to play everybody's talkbacks sooner, so many but a lot of people suggested that maybe she, you know, had some sort of condition, you know, I don't know if anyone called that one specifically, but some something that would you know, warrant that behavior or whatever. And I guess that that is a factor, because I, you know, argued heavily that you know, as a bystander, you you should intervene when you see a kid doing something like that. I and look, I understand, and to everybody that left the talkback saying that like, yeah, I mean you do have to take that into account. I guess that the person could be going through something, going through something mentally, or dealing with some kind of condition, and so you, I guess you have to tread lightly with how you handle it. I still firmly believe that we've become a society of whip out your phone and record and not help or intervene or or you know in some way right which but you know which did if you listen to the I don't know what day that was two days ago when we talked about that. If you listen to the podcast, I do feel very strongly about that. But people felt, you know, no, don't don't do anything. If that's a kid, that's not my kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was on that side. This does kind of change things for me. And that's something that I think we all need to take into consideration if we ever encounter something like this. You don't know what that person is going through, right, so help if you can't. Yes, you have something here.
Speaker 1: The spotified rapped you know. End of year Music review continues and this was the most streamed song in San Francisco in twenty twenty four. Any guesses us that is on the list.
Speaker 2: Number four on the really is not the number one.
Speaker 1: No, Number one is obvious.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, it has to be like Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: Yes, Number one Espresso by Sabrina Carpenter was the most streamed song on Spotify in San Francisco. That can't be a surprise to anybody, right at all? When you hear this list, you're not going to be surprised, I think, by any of them. Number two Birds of a Feather by Billie Eilish.
Speaker 2: Okay, that as well.
Speaker 1: We just played that song about thirty seconds ago. Good Luck Bay by chapel roone number three on Spotify's most streamed list San Francisco.
Speaker 2: For it is, and then we always say number one hit music station.
Speaker 1: And then number four not like us, but like we already said by Kendrick Lamark. Now number five who?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: No, No number five? Who? Well, I don't have any more guesses.
Speaker 2: You're in a Carpenter again?
Speaker 1: No number five?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 8: Chapelon again?
Speaker 2: Who? What?
Speaker 1: Number five? Who?
Speaker 2: Who took number five?
Speaker 8: Spot?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: No Number five was?
Speaker 2: Who? Who's who?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Number five was? Who was?
Speaker 2: Who took number Who? Is that like a band or something?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 11: Who?
Speaker 2: By jimmin Oh Jim Jim Who was Jimmy.
Speaker 1: He's the guy who is his song who? Remember we used to get a lot of talk about number five who by Jim and Jim Yeah something right, Yes, that's the one, but number five on the list right there.
Speaker 2: Oh wait. I'm kind of shocked by that a little bit, but a lot of people were.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot of talks questioning this song and we just didn't really ever play it.
Speaker 8: That I know.
Speaker 2: I just felt like, if it was a song as big as it clearly is, why weren't we playing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Ah, you know, yeah, it says worldwide. The top artists on Spotify Rapped were Taylor Swift, The Weekend Bad Bunny, Yeah Drake, and Billie Eilish.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can totally see that very predictable list right there, that kind of the whoo.
Speaker 1: If the Who was in Spotify top five, that would be shocked.
Speaker 2: It would be weird.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 2: Nine, I'm nervous because we're about to kick off the chug Wheel game.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phones, Botany for nine. Hi is this Nancy?
Speaker 4: Nancy?
Speaker 11: Hi?
Speaker 2: Nancy? How's it going? Happy Friday? Happy Friday, guys, So let me lay this out for you. The Chug Wheel game. Here's how it goes. We used to send Jess out to the streets, but we've had we've had a lot of fun with having ourselves answer the questions here so.
Speaker 1: Great because it might rain or might not rain, we didn't want to send her outside.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you. So I actually answered eight questions. Now we're going to go through each question one by one. We're going to stop down and Nancy, if you can guess what you think. My answer to the question was you get a point. Now, if you get a total of four points, you win the game. You win a chug chug mugs. Sorry, and one of us is going to have to spin the chug wheel and chug whatever it lands on. Graham, what are some of the things on the chug wheel this week?
Speaker 1: All right? On today's chug wheel, we have haul of Pano juice. We have the soup du jour, which is the soup of the day. Today it's cream of celery. We have a safe spot, I think I think a safe spot Monster energy drink. I just have a lot of these under my desk. I need to get rid of them. We have pickle juice. We have lemon juice. We talked about that earlier. Apparently it's a trend of drinking lemon juice. It's not going well for people. We have old studio wine. We've had a bottle of red wine, last wine backwash.
Speaker 2: Graham drank out of the bottle. It's been in here for months.
Speaker 12: I did.
Speaker 1: It is not good now, and it wasn't good then when I chugged out of a tonic water amongst maybe a few other things there on the wheel that I can see.
Speaker 2: All Right, Nancy, you ready to get started. I'm ready. Okay, let's let's get to it.
Speaker 1: First question, can you name two current players on the Golden State Warriors not named Steph Curry?
Speaker 2: All right, Nancy, do you think I was able to do it? I do, yes, Draymond Green, Well, huh, there's.
Speaker 1: The other guy that had the dad, and that's she was unable to do.
Speaker 2: She tried, but yeah, I was thinking of I was thinking of Gary Payton to his son. Yep, that's what I was thinking of. But the name wasn't me. Yeah, So no point for Nancy.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 2: Next question, The.
Speaker 1: Average FICO credit score in the United States is seven seventeen. Is yours higher or lower than that?
Speaker 2: What do you think? I said, Nancy? Oh, gosh, lower lower?
Speaker 1: Okay, how much lower?
Speaker 11: Slenna?
Speaker 2: You know, I honestly couldn't tell you. I just know it's not that high. When I get the notifications from all these apps, I don't even look at them. I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking like one hundred points off. Okay.
Speaker 2: Next question?
Speaker 1: Have you cried in the last week?
Speaker 2: Nancy? What do you think? I said, Yes, yes, I am.
Speaker 1: What'd you cry about? That makes me kind of sadly inside?
Speaker 2: My daughter turning thirteen? Oh that is today?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something I mean, who use the fun? Yeah? But I could see how that get emotional?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Next question here, how many points does Nancy have?
Speaker 1: By the way, have you flossed your teeth in the last week? Be honest, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I said, Nancy? No, wow, that's what you think of me? All right, let's go to my answer.
Speaker 1: No, shame on you.
Speaker 2: You know, I ran out of those picks, the little floster pick things. I completely I keep forgetting.
Speaker 1: Get some of the old school kind that you pull out.
Speaker 2: I don't have that.
Speaker 1: You're sick, you're sick. Nancy has three points, by the way.
Speaker 2: The safe space.
Speaker 1: Would you rather give up eating chicken wings forever or have to kill pluck and cook one live chicken?
Speaker 4: What do you think, I said, Nancy, I think she would give up chicken wings forever?
Speaker 2: Oh, give up chicken wings. That's four these questions. These are the easiest questions.
Speaker 1: Stop it you giving up chicken wings permanently. You have to do is kill one chicken.
Speaker 8: I cannot You think I look like someone who could kill anything, But you also don't look like someone who would give up chicken wings exactly, thinking me like, I just stuffed my face at chicken wings all day, thanks j.
Speaker 1: And then don't and then don't fly us afterwards. Nancy's already on in the game. Do you want to go through the lost questions quickly?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll do it just for fun. Here's here are the other questions.
Speaker 1: Finish this sentence, long, Harry, Nancy, what do you think? Selena said, careful? I don't know. Just take a guess, long hairry caterpillar.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: A here's what I said, arm long Harry. We'll go through the remaining a couple of questions.
Speaker 1: Who would you rather have over for dinner our new boss or Jess and her cat?
Speaker 2: What do you think? I said?
Speaker 8: And our cat?
Speaker 2: Our new boss?
Speaker 1: What? My kids are.
Speaker 2: Allergic to cats?
Speaker 1: All right? I mean if we are keeping if we are keeping scores four to three right now? Four in the yeses. I know that's all she had to get. But let's just see how it all shakes out. The final questions. When you take a shower, do you actively scrub your back or do you just let the water hit it and that's enough?
Speaker 2: What do you think I put the water hit it? That's enough, scrub it?
Speaker 1: Who scrubs their back? You're that psychopath? Behare? That is not thank you? We finished that in even four and four.
Speaker 2: Wow, doesn't matter because Nancy still wontulations. Guy. I want to be happy for you, but it's really hard.
Speaker 10: To But you got your guys.
Speaker 1: I'm nice job.
Speaker 2: We forgive you. You got used to a chuck mud. Nancy, hang on really quick, all right, Jess, it's your turn to draw names because one of us has.
Speaker 1: She's looking at don't look in the box.
Speaker 2: Okay, you just wanted to make sure none of the none of the names were the box, not clost She's shaking it up.
Speaker 1: Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me, not me, not me, not I can't it's so great when she draws herself. I love that. I love that Forest just jo get a name already. She can't even find a single one.
Speaker 2: Wait did they all disappear?
Speaker 1: Wait? Wait wait you just drew threw it away?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm a magician. There's no names in the ball.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're using an Amazon box. And you know the flaps down there at the bottom, her flaps. She went under Justice's flaps.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't talk about my frienshake reshake, redraw. All right, I'm so sorry. This is a train wreck for radio.
Speaker 1: Don't suspense is killing me? Who is it a per son?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'm believing.
Speaker 1: She's going home.
Speaker 2: She's spitting. I'm going home.
Speaker 1: Next. You don't want to You don't want to make the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: All right, it's Friday, which means we just played our chug wheel game. We played with Nancy. Thank you so much for being on Nancy, and Nancy won the game, so she got herself a chug mug. Jess had to draw names, and she drew herself.
Speaker 1: I love it that back to back weeks. Yeah, yeah, just got drawn last week, but she didn't draw herself. Somebody else was in charge of the drawing, and then she.
Speaker 2: Drew before you spin, Graham, what are some of the things on the chug Will?
Speaker 1: This is all right on this morning's chug Will. We've got lemon juice, which a lot of people are saying, don't try to chug that. It's not going well. On TikTok. We got pickle juice. We have Monster Energy drink, which I think is sort of a safe space there, but we have a lot of monster energy around here. We've got to unload. Soup d'jore today. It's a soup of the day. The chef said it's cream of celery. I just checked. We got halapeno juice, tonic water, and old Studio red wine, backwashed red wine. I've been here a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Will a spin? It's going, it's spinning, it's spinning.
Speaker 12: What is it?
Speaker 1: And it has landed on the soup djore, the soup dajure, Ladies and gentlemen, that is cream of celery soup. It will not be heated, it will not be cooked.
Speaker 2: It will be Are we gonna water it down? It sounds really fake. Damn soup you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we might have to water it down for maximum chug ability, but the chef recommends you, guys, chef recommends the cream of celery. So that's good, all right. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday. Not a great day for Jess if you don't know, Every Friday eight twenty we played this chug wheel game. We played with Nancy this morning. She was a lot of fun, w herself a chug mug. And then because we lost the game, Jess drew her own name and ironic turn of events, what does it always me?
Speaker 1: Sweet? See?
Speaker 2: This is how I know.
Speaker 8: Though I know it's bad luck when it comes to this game, but my name always gets picked in raffles, which is always a great thing.
Speaker 2: Not here though, interact Hey you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, so you're just good at raffles.
Speaker 2: And then you bun the chug landed on cream dajore.
Speaker 1: The soup which is soup of the day. I had to run back to the JV Show Morning Chef and see what he was cooking up today. It was, in fact cream of celery, and uh, I had to When I opened up the canna the cream of celery, you guys, it was very, very thick. It had like m soup you have. It almost had like mashed potato like consistency. So I brought some water and then I stirred it up to get it really really chuggable, but a lot of chunks still in there. As I to spooned it to the surface, you could still see a very chunky and hearty soup. It's a good winter soup if you've ever had cream a celery. A lot of people in the comments asking why do you even have that?
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: This has been sitting on the shelf of my pantry for probably fifteen years. I was only just a young boy at that point, seven and a half.
Speaker 8: Take a while, you guys, it looks thick and chunky, and we are live JAV Morning Show Instagram.
Speaker 1: You want to come on?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm ready for this.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm ready for Do you need a trash can?
Speaker 2: I might.
Speaker 1: It's cream of celery. You're gonna be fine. This is water and it's a hetady, hearty winter soup.
Speaker 2: Whenever you're ready, just pop on JV Morning.
Speaker 1: So quick.
Speaker 11: We are.
Speaker 2: Okay ready cheers, Happy Friday.
Speaker 8: Everybody except me, Jery, She's going for it.
Speaker 2: These are always hard to watch.
Speaker 1: Oh she look on her face, she paused, Oh, she's chewing, chewing up the souper chunks. Come on, chug, this is a chug. You got it. It's just a little bit of soup.
Speaker 2: Just chew it up.
Speaker 1: It's just a little bit of soup. Candy V five one oh on Instagram says, good morning guys, go jass and gb chug chew it, come on, you got it?
Speaker 8: Yes, she finished the s Oh, the chunks were really doing it for me.
Speaker 2: I was about to throw up.
Speaker 1: Did you get all the chunks out? How many chunks are left in their Selena nothing the litterbowl. Tiffany Renee nine two five says, yeah, that's discussing. It's like drinking bars. No it's not. It's creamy celery soup cold.
Speaker 2: And it had a bunch of water and a bunch of chunks.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't this, that's this is not how I want to be eating. People are saying, O MG, Jess, you did it. Chug get people some cs walls O nine says, yummy breakfast ew Donz says, no hot water. No, we're not making her a bowl of soup for her to curl up with a nice book by the fire. This is the chug wheel, dude, Oh world, Jess is the best as JSB.
Speaker 2: Guys, I hate Fridays. Yeah, this game is my Fridays. Yes, I have Graham's bathwater. I'll never forget that.
Speaker 8: It's smart.
Speaker 1: You'll never be the same. There's a piece of me sameguing.
Speaker 2: I don't think my husband likes that.
Speaker 1: Somebody said CEUs Walls again said we got to get you guys a blender. No, we're not cooking up contraptions here. No, that was just that was really gross.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Jess, good job.
Speaker 5: Hottest.
Speaker 2: It's all the.
Speaker 9: Stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: Oh, Sabrina Carpenter's Netflix special is here, Nonsense Christmas. It's a musical variety show, so it's going to be her, you know, performing songs from her holiday EP, plus doing other Christmas covers. And because it's a variety show, there's going to be appearances from other artists, comedic cameos, and some unexpected duets. I'm hearing some of the names, but it's only fifteen minutes long. I'm hearing some of the names are like Caliyu Cheese is gonna be on it, Shania Twain, Chapel Rone Tyla is gonna be available for streaming tonight at six. Do you give of art?
Speaker 1: Yes? Is the fun?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 2: Graham doesn't. Okay, that's what I expected. Now it's a hawk Tua launching her own crypto talk.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Wait what Yeah, I'm not really familiar when it comes to crypto anything, so Grandma gonna need your help as I moved through the story. But earlier this week, she launched the hot Tua coin. I guess, I guess. It's a type of meme coin, and this is a form of cryptocurrency that is typically created for entertainment purposes on the Solana blockchain. This was Wednesday night where she launches this thing and hit a market capitalization of nearly five hundred million dollars. It's insane before plummeting ninety five percent by yesterday afternoon, all the way down, and that resulted in a huge loss for some traders.
Speaker 1: And also a huge gain for a very small number of traders who basically swoop up all the supply of this and then they prey on the you know, the general public who's like, oh, I want to buy someone, and the price is going up, and then they dump all theirs. They call it a pump and dump. So they hype this thing up and then they dump it. And so a very few select people made a ton of money off this as the price was going up, because at one point it was worth quite a bit market cap of almost half a billion dollars. Now it's down to just you know, a few million or whatever.
Speaker 2: And they made extend to a twenty something million.
Speaker 1: Right, so they made some somebody made some money in there. Most people, your general investor, you know, your average everyday citizen then was like, oh what a buzz some hawk Tua. I don't know why you do that. They lost, They lost.
Speaker 8: Okay, maybe it's a scam, maybe it's some question, but I guess where does hawk to a girl land and all of this, like, how does she benefit?
Speaker 1: She could have benefited had the people now she claims, because I read into this a little bit, she claims that her people who helped set this up and stuff they held all theirs, they didn't sell any when they could have when it was high. So she's claiming that it was not like a pump and dump scheme and a quick get rich for a bunch of people. I would be highly suspect of that. I think some people on the inside knew the inner workings of this and knew what they were doing, because they said it was a very small, isolated number of wallets that were the ones selling this, raising a lot.
Speaker 2: Of eyebrows, a lot of red flags and alarm bells going off. Could she face charges is what people want to know. So these Securities and Exchange Commission could pursue civil charges if they wanted to, like for securities fraud alleging misrepresentation or deceit in the sales of securities. They also might consider that this is like actual, actual criminal charges from the Department of Justice. If they decided to do an investigation, they could come with charges like wire fraud or money especially if there's evidence of intentional deception.
Speaker 1: If that is true, then yes, you should face charges. My bet is that there probably was a little bit going on, not to her knowledge. I bet I bet other people made more money off this than she did. Those people though, if they had inside knowledge on all this stuff and were acting deceptively, they should be charged. But we've seen this a bunch with meme coins and stuff like that. They fly up in value and then they just fall flat on.
Speaker 2: Their face to interesting, Grammy, what do you have?
Speaker 1: All right? Really quick? Since we haven't really mentioned it yet. Today, the forty nine Ers bring their three game losing streak into Levi's this weekend. They're gonna be playing the Chicago Bears, who are bringing their own six game losing streak to town kickoffs at one twenty five. Shout out two Losers, the Niner gang that will hopefully be watching the Niners and their streak. We don't know, though, I feel like the Niners should win this one all right, really quick. They call this one of the most unique jobs in the world. East Brother Light Station, a historic eighteen seventy four lighthouse on an island near the Richmond Sarafel Bridge, is looking for its next lighthouse keepers. Now the job requires two people, so they're ideally looking for a couple. The compensation one hundred and forty thousand dollars a year. If this sounds like you you're like, I'm in this boring job. I could run a lighthouse. I don't know how many people. I don't know how many people I'm currently talking to. But if you think you could run a lighthouse, now look one hundred and forty thousand. It's split between you and the other person. So if you're a couple, you'll be making one hundred and forty thousand dollars annually. Now, what does that entail running a lighthouse. You're basically running a bed and breakfast there for visitors. So you need to be able to have some good culinary skills because you're going to be serving dinner and breakfast for the visitors. You're going to be cleaning the rooms, obviously, leading some tours, and managing all the bookings, and you will get a percentage. If the bookings are really strong, you can earn more than that one hundred and forty thousand. Now, if you're thinking, yes, this is for me, I'd like to live on it because they give a there's a little house see quarters for you modest they say, for you to live. Because you're going to live on this lighthouse and there's no bridge to it, you have to get to and from land by boat. Oh yeah, that's another job of yours. You have to take the people back and forth by boat. If you're still on board.
Speaker 2: With this, jokes on board you see when I did that.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're still on board with this and thinking, yes, I do would like to live on a lighthouse. The wanted the job posting suggests that you have no kids and no pets, so that might eliminate some people. No smoking allowed smoking what and uh? They say you have to be prepared for maybe long stretches of no power. You know, certain things happen out there when you're living on an island. If the last people who the last couple that did it were there for two years. So can you have a nice, long running job, make some money and run a lighthouse.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a no for me.
Speaker 1: You're out just nothing.
Speaker 2: I have a cat cat. Oh no, thanks gram. Hey, but thanks for letting everyone know.
Speaker 1: Someone I hope with you show gets it and they can leave us talkbacks every morning from the audum. Yeah, the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We are the JV Show. I'm Selina Graham and I'm Jess a lot of talkbacks today.
Speaker 6: Good morning, JV Show. This is Cayla from Livermore. I was hoping you could squeeze in one more shout out for the best mom in the entire universe. Her name is Casey and her birthday is December eighth, which is Sunday. So I was hoping if you guys could shout it out on here. She listens to your podcast every single day and she loves you, guys so much, and me and my brothers love her even more.
Speaker 1: We appreciate her so much.
Speaker 6: So happy birthday, Mom, I love you so much and I hope Sunday is the best day ever.
Speaker 2: A very sweet Happy Briday, good daughter, Happy birthday Mom. That is a good point. Happy Friday. Guys, was just podcasting yesterday's show.
Speaker 1: And let me say that I've met Mariyola Pezban person one time and he is not No. Five p ten. He is shorter than that.
Speaker 2: And also, thank you Graham for sharing your story on the wall thoughts.
Speaker 1: Pot Oh, oh my god, Okay, a couple of things so much unpack here if you're listening this time. Yesterday, I shared a story about how I almost got cast to host Some Girls Gone Wild spin off. It was many years ago. And Joe Francis, and the casting director told me they didn't like to hype Joe Francis didn't like that I was taller than him, and then I didn't get the the part. It would have paid very well, but I'm god think it was a blessing disguise. I didn't get that. And we were trying to figure out how tall Joe Francis was because he seems to be best buddies with Mario Lopez. And if you look at Joe francis Instagram, they're all over there together, posing together NonStop, which is kind of a bad look for our boy. Mario Lopez seems kind of squeaky clean because Joe Francis is mixed up and all kinds of things.
Speaker 8: Yea.
Speaker 2: And if you google Joe Francis's height, it says that he's like six' one, So I'm like, what height difference? He says tall is Joe Graham? Yeah, And then when you google Mario Lopez it.
Speaker 1: Says five ten and we know that's not true.
Speaker 2: Everyone. They definitely are the other thing. If you are eighteen it up, go back, please and listen to our podcast.
Speaker 1: Don't I know what we do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Graham shared a.
Speaker 1: Story but never shared before anybody, deepest dark secret. I've never told a single person that story before, and told that I decided to tell everybody. It's gross. Don't listen to it.
Speaker 2: It's very gross. But please go please aging it up only. Okay, so we don't face, you know, an illegal it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 2: Hey, you never know. Someone might get sick, into an accident or something.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: One more talk back, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, gave you show you happy Friday. This is a Nica from conquer.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember I don't know if it was last week or two weeks ago, do you say something about those ugly fishes that they came from the really bottom off the ocean or whatever. And when those come up is because something's gonna happen. Look, it was there yesterday, so that is true. Oh my god, it's the end of the world. Well it's weekend, hoping that it's not this week.
Speaker 1: Okay. We talked about that. A couple of weeks ago. One of those big doomsday fish as they call it, washed up on a southern California beach, and they called it the doomsday fish because particularly in Japanese culture. Some of those have washed up on the beach before, and then bad things like earthquakes and stuff have happened shortly thereafter. And we know very little about the Doomsday fish because they are very elusive. They live in very deep waters. You ever seen it, But they're these big, long, huge fish. And yeah, one of them washed up dead very recently on the beach and then boom, we've got a seven point zero magnitude earthquake that happened yesterday out in the ocean. Did the Doomsday fish nose coming? Is there more destruction on the way, Yes, let's hope not. Man, you guys are pessimized the multiple.
Speaker 2: Fish in this crude, Well, that's crazy. I completely forgot about that fish washing out.
Speaker 1: I did, but it was trying to tell us something. It was trying to tell us something