Speaker 1: Freaking me out.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Hello, everybody, Welcome to Laura Kane after Dark. I'm Laura Kane and I'm sweating balls right now, and I'll explain to you what the heck is going.
Speaker 2: On with me in a minute.
Speaker 4: It's really hot in here too.
Speaker 3: I just turned the air on, so hopefully it'll But there's a reason why I'm.
Speaker 2: Extra sweaty right Oh and.
Speaker 3: Something else I'm gonna admit to you tonight. I don't know why I'm gonna admit this, but I just am because this is the kind of day it's been, all right. We have also on the show today our three favorite things mine, Eric's, Brian's. We're gonna share what we are like loving right now. We also have a big announcement from Eric something big has happened in his life. Yes, and the Double D news of course. But first of all, why don't we play the secret sound. We have getting a lot of guesses, especially on our YouTube channel on the comments section, and I check all the comments for every section and people have made a lot of guesses. A lot of them have been good guesses, but not the right one. So if you guess this in the comments and I see it, and it's the first time first person that guess is it?
Speaker 2: You get one hundred dollars cast.
Speaker 1: Laura is going to open up her wallet and give you one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna and then I'm gonna ask Eric to Ben will be fifty of that.
Speaker 1: And then Eric will decline.
Speaker 2: The venue like can you do that? Yeah you can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So here, let's do the secret sound before we talk about our fabulous sponsors.
Speaker 2: So here is a secret sound? What is this one more time? Okay? So they can I Can.
Speaker 1: I make a suggation? Can I say?
Speaker 3: Can I about the secrets down?
Speaker 4: Real quick? Last week's hint was that it was inside. I believe that was d Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that you putting a tampon in? Oh boy?
Speaker 2: Because it's here, play it again and let's.
Speaker 4: See listen close.
Speaker 2: Tind of getting up there right now? Pretty much pretty much you are.
Speaker 3: This is not helping me today, This is not helping my psyche today day. No, yeah, I do not, especially today.
Speaker 4: You say that every week. No I do.
Speaker 2: That's getting old. That's I get answering. Excuse all right, guess it correctly.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, let's get another we have we promised we'd give a hint a week, right, Yeah, So the hint last week was it was indoors.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this week the hint is you do it to yourself.
Speaker 2: Is that a good one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is that too much a one?
Speaker 1: Okay? I think that was good.
Speaker 2: Why are you giving me those like weird eyes just because you're a weird eye? No, you're not allowed to guess say.
Speaker 3: I have a bad poker face, though, oh god, don't because.
Speaker 1: I'll be like to probably like, no, it's not like she might she might crack.
Speaker 4: No, No, is it putting pants on?
Speaker 2: I don't know. That was great? Okay, good, good, good good. Okay. So let's talk about our sponsors.
Speaker 3: First, the fabulous La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center. Lots of cool things going on there, including this skinny shot.
Speaker 2: You can get a prescription for the skinny shot if you're like.
Speaker 3: Fighting that bulge that just won't go away and even working out so hard.
Speaker 2: They offer that now. So it's really great.
Speaker 3: But here's a little bit more about La Joia Cosmetic Surgery Center, who we love very much.
Speaker 1: Currently. I was fighting a bulge last week that yes.
Speaker 3: You were, La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your body, and just something special for yourself.
Speaker 2: You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 1: Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam dot com. It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 3: We can't say enough great things about their Board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer flexible payment plans so you can start your journey to a better you right now.
Speaker 1: Free consultations too. The very best in the business is in our own backyard. How lucky are we?
Speaker 2: Make sure you tell them that Laura Kane after Dark sent you.
Speaker 3: We love everything about La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Speaker 1: Go to the Glamfam.
Speaker 3: We're also going to talk about Skidaddle, another one of our fabulous sponsors.
Speaker 2: It's the five K Walk. It's the eighth annual And.
Speaker 3: What is skidaddle Well, Skidattle is short for scad. SCAD is a heart attack that affects women under the age of fifty It stands for spontaneous coronary artery dissection. Not much is own about it. It's not understood very much what causes it. It happens to healthy women, pregnant women, new moms, out of the blue for no reason. So research is desperately needed for SCAT. It can reoccur, it can be fatal. Last year, i am seed the walk. This year, I'm am seeing the walk as well. And it's despite the heavy topic and despite there being some people there that are walking in honor of somebody who may be he has passed from SCAD, there are survivors there as well.
Speaker 2: It's very inspirational.
Speaker 3: And it's a great cause and it's a really beautiful walk.
Speaker 2: Here's more about the walk.
Speaker 1: So the Time to five k Run walk takes place on the east side of Crown Point Park and Sandy. You go on Mission Bay, enjoy the course along the bay on the Bay side Walkway. Awards will be given to the overall winner male and female. If you register by August sixteenth, twenty twenty four, it will guarantee you this year's T shirt and then there'll be refreshments, face painting.
Speaker 2: All sorts of fun things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like fun little shops and stuff that little pop up shops.
Speaker 1: And then you can use the code scad fourth for five dollars off registration.
Speaker 2: Fee now now through July seventh. No, you can't do it now.
Speaker 1: Oh never mind.
Speaker 2: Just go to Loria Kane after dark.
Speaker 1: Just go to Lura Kane. Forget I ever said that.
Speaker 2: Just come join me. It'll be fun.
Speaker 1: It's just reading my notes all right.
Speaker 3: Now, do you want to talk about why I'm a complete disaster or do you want to talk about your big, big deal?
Speaker 1: Right, let's talk about you. I can wait several things.
Speaker 3: Number one thing, Evan and her boyfriend are leaving tomorrow morning. I take them into the airport at five point fifteen, and I'm sad because it's been really fun having her here in San Diego, having her hair in the house again, being with her every day, and now she's going back to New York City to work and then to go to school, and I don't know what I'm going to see her again.
Speaker 1: Does this mean that I'm going to have to entertain you all the time?
Speaker 2: Yes, it does.
Speaker 3: That's what best friend one point five is four.
Speaker 2: Please, So I'm a little sad about that.
Speaker 3: Then Okay, here is an example of you get what you pay for.
Speaker 4: Boy, that is the story of your life.
Speaker 2: I'm learning.
Speaker 3: You'd think I would learn. I learned the hard way a lot of times.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying this to diss a country by any means, because I love Mexico no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, God, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: And I love going down there, and I love TJ I love I love shopping down there, and I got my teeth done down there.
Speaker 2: Oh my, the dentist is awesome. That said, I also got hair.
Speaker 3: Extensions down there recently, and it was like half or almost like one quarter of the price that it is here. So I've had them for like a month and then I've noticed that I blow it straight, it's real hair, it is, they're taping extensions.
Speaker 2: Okay. I've been noticing that just by walking my hair will start to like get.
Speaker 3: Real tangly and like poofy, like right here, like the hair has gone bad, and like when I brush it, it just comes out in clumps. So I had the bright idea that before the podcast tonight, I was going to take out my extensions because they were driving me insane. Oh boy, I have a major life event happening on Thursday, which we'll talk about in a minute. I'm wearing a wig right now that you have worn several times. Oh my god, it's this one, this one with the dark roots. Oh yeah, see, because half my head has extensions in it.
Speaker 2: Half my head doesn't. Because I ran at a time, because it took me a lot longer to take amount than I thought, So I was panicking.
Speaker 4: Please put the head band back on. It's really bad.
Speaker 2: You should see what it looks like underneath.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I can't wait to see. Can I see it? Can I see during the break?
Speaker 3: Oh god, Well, right now my hair is just up in a like it's a mess.
Speaker 2: You don't want to see it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's that I don't know. I don't have have the funds to.
Speaker 3: Get new hair extensions before this major life event happening on Thursday, So I'm gonna have to rock my own natural hair, which i'ven't done in a long time.
Speaker 2: And I'm terrified. Oh boy, I know, it's just I know it's not that big a deal.
Speaker 3: Great, you know, like, oh high browt problems, right, But here's one more thing that I just realized.
Speaker 1: Oh and I'm starting to sweat.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be so grossed out. I don't even know why I'm even telling you this, but I want to know. Maybe you guys who are watching on Instagram or on YouTube, give me like a thumbs up you've ever done this.
Speaker 1: The leg's starting to go, so I'm getting extremely uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: As I was putting on my lipstick tonight to get ready. After I put my wig on to try to look halfway decent for this podcast, I realized, hmmm, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Brush my teeth today. How did I know it brushed my teeth today? I'm falling apart. This is overnight mouth.
Speaker 1: You just kissed me with overnight mouth.
Speaker 4: You didn't brush your teeth for the show?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't brush it at all today.
Speaker 4: Glad I'm on this side of the camera.
Speaker 1: I'm going to call you trench mouth for the rest of the show.
Speaker 3: I feel so gross, but I like, has now come on. There has been a time in your life, maybe not you, but where you've just simply maybe camping.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you've brushed your teeth.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this, You're like a house. I'm not the only one in an adequate part of town, like the curve appeals good, but then inside it's a wreck.
Speaker 4: A lot of skeletons in the closets. I know, yeah, I know. Or this normally when you have you say I have a crazy week, and we talk about it. I go, that's a hilarious hijinks, good old Laura. But this time you just shared something depressing.
Speaker 2: It is, it's depressing. It's all depressing and sad.
Speaker 1: But you go out of the house at all today.
Speaker 2: I did yes, oh with trench mouth.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, I went to breakfast. Yes, I saw somebody I hadn't seen in a long time. Give you a hug. I went to breakfast at Snooze with Evan and her boyfriend or last little breakfast together.
Speaker 2: I drove them to Peebe. I went into a shop. I came home.
Speaker 3: I did something else I forgot went to the store. I think, yeah, all these things without brushing my teeth.
Speaker 1: Today, I'm going to order you those ye those little chewable things that it's just the equivalent to brushing your teeth. I'm going to order those for you.
Speaker 2: Those little baby teeth brushes.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's actually something that you pop in your mouth and it dissolves. It's like brushing your teeth. Really yeah, I think you need.
Speaker 4: Those still should brush your teeth. This is for emergencies.
Speaker 2: I will say one thing now.
Speaker 1: Let me just ask you this question.
Speaker 2: I did floss today.
Speaker 4: Wait, why did you floss but not brush?
Speaker 2: Because I had something stuck in my tooth?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Did you know that you hadn't brushed at that point? No?
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that I hadn't brushed at that point until I put my lipstick on, and then I realized, Wait a minute, did I ever brush my teeth this morning?
Speaker 4: I don't think so within thirty seconds of.
Speaker 1: Way, are you neglecting all of your holes the same way that you're neglecting?
Speaker 2: Yes, this one? Yes?
Speaker 1: God? Yes?
Speaker 4: Wow? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, not in like a gross way, but like, what do you mean gross?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not neglected.
Speaker 1: Don't get on be neglected.
Speaker 3: Uh, they've been neglected by other people. I'm just saying, Look, no, I took a shower today. I just didn't brush my teeth.
Speaker 2: I simply forgot.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on in my mind and in my world. It's all good stuff. It's like good stuff, it's emotional stuff.
Speaker 4: It sounds good.
Speaker 3: It's a it's stressful stuff, but it's like, again, everything's cool.
Speaker 1: Big news that you were that's why.
Speaker 2: That's why the air conditioners on.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm sweating balls because I'm wearing a wig that I just like sprayed alcohol in my hair to take out the tapes that were attached to my head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you played that up. There's gonna be way bigger' Like, let me tell you about my day.
Speaker 1: I thought it's something horrible.
Speaker 2: Well, let me just say for.
Speaker 1: Bad hair and trench mouth, for a woman.
Speaker 3: Who has had hair extensions in for quite a while, it is very it's a very big deal.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: For me, it's a big deal, Like to not have them on my head right now, to have my thin normal like baby fine.
Speaker 4: Oh for the rest of us, brushing your teeth is a pretty big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's worse than the extensions.
Speaker 2: Again, I did if.
Speaker 1: You knocked me out because of helatosis, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna well tell me if I have it and I'll hair run upstairs.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm not going to vomit then you, Oh.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna vomit.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't eat like garlic or onions today.
Speaker 1: That would be I don't wouldn't care about that.
Speaker 4: Just morning breath. That stuff's gross and that carries over until your breath. Drink a lot of water that doesn't get rid of morning breath.
Speaker 3: Okay, well whatever, anyway, that's what has a cord. Okay, So I'll tell you what the big life event is after you tell us about your big.
Speaker 2: Life event that happened over the weekend. Yes, so this is huge news.
Speaker 1: So daddy bought a new car.
Speaker 4: Yay, and it is sexy.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: We got here at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. Do you want to say what kind it is? Okay?
Speaker 1: It is a Nissan Aria Okay. So it's a crossover and it just recently beat out the Tesla in performance and esthetics?
Speaker 2: Is it a hybrid? Is it an election?
Speaker 1: It's all electric?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: And it is sexy.
Speaker 2: Isn't it amazing? How quiet? Are you like shocked at how quiet driving that thing is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it goes so fast?
Speaker 3: How many miles can it go without before you need to charge it again?
Speaker 1: It can go almost.
Speaker 3: Three hundred Oh okay, so you could drive to La and then go charge it and then drive back.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean each night though, is the best part too, so you never have to like really worry about being low on gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like, okay, then the trade off is a high electricity bill if you're charging it from your home.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cheap actually though, Like I think it's about like three quarters to half the price of gas, really, I think compared to Oh yeah, it's really I.
Speaker 3: Do love my Jeep, but I'm starting to not like the frequent gas station trips, like all the freaking time. Yeah, you drive a gas guzzler too, yeah, well, and this is becoming smarter to well, and this.
Speaker 1: Was crazy, like I never I've always driven like a sports car of sedan. And then when my car was in the shop, I was driving their loaner which was a crossover and I really liked it. So I was like, I think, I'm like when they the company decided to buy back my car, I was like, I think I'm going to look at a crossover instead. I think I'm not gonna do sit down again. And I was looking at hybrids and stuff. And then when I had to take my car in recently again.
Speaker 3: Because it wasn't how many times you think you've been back to that dealership with that lemon of a car.
Speaker 1: Let me put it to you this way. When I took the loaner in to drop the keys off, they I could have been on fire and they would not have cared. Nobody would have peed on me to put the fire out. Like I literally handed the guy the keys and he goes, you don't need the car anymore, and I'm all no, and he literally looks at me and goes, okay.
Speaker 2: Sore over it.
Speaker 3: You're over and you you're they're buying your car.
Speaker 1: They're buying my car back person. And then so I the day before I had the appointment, I had a whole list of crossovers that I wanted to look.
Speaker 3: At, like crossover meaning like a like somewhat suv somewhat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like a big, huge essay. So I had a list of ones that I wanted to look at. And then the night before, well, when I was leaving the dealership, this rig drove by me and was in the right light. We were making the left hand turn. I was in the left and they were in the right hand lane, and I was inching up to try and look at that car size, like that car is smoking hot. So I got home, I was doing research on it, and I was like, oh my god, so expensive. I was like, you have got to be kidding me. And it's a Nissan, and I was like, holy crap. So I was like, well, I'm going to test drive it anyway. So I had like a Audi, a bunch of different ones on my list, and then the it was either the night before the night before that that I went to test drive the car. I think it was Car and Driver came out with a huge report on it and it said was the most underrated, best performing crossover on the market, and so I was like all right. So I show up at the dealership like first thing in the morning and there were already people on the lot waiting to test drive this thing. So I was like, oh crap. So the guy Chris who shout out to him and Sam they were great.
Speaker 3: And which Nissan last, Nissan Curney may Lasty, Nissan Curney Masa.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: They were awesome, And so the guy says, oh, let me grab the keys, and he comes out with the car and I go to get in and I'm like, well, wait a minute, why is this only thirty two grand? You know, thirty two and some change and I'm like, because they just came out late last year, and he goes, oh, this was a dealer you know thing. It only had like a little over five thousand miles on it, and that thing was fully it was like a spaceship inside. It was so cool and it was great to drive, and so I there was only a couple of things that I didn't like. It had a really cool review mirror, but you could toggle it and get rid of it where it was just normal. But then the other thing looked like it was a camera, so it looked like you were watching a movie, and it was very distracting. And so I was and I almost sideswiped somebody changing lanes because it was very distracting. So I was like, I'm never going to use this, and he goes, oh, you can take it out of that money.
Speaker 2: So you got but you so you got a tester of another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then I was on the phone with my my insurance company seeing how much you know, oh you know me, I was seeing how much getting this was going to cost me an insurance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: That goes up and it only went up fifty seven dollars. It was super cheap. It hardly went up at all. So I was like, uh, okay, great, Well I see a black one and I'm looking at it, same body, everything, And so I call the guy over and I'm all, hey, what's the difference between this one and same, same everything? But it had about one thousand less miles on it and only had four thousand miles on it, And he goes, oh, yeah, it was a dealer one just for a test drive. And it doesn't have that review mirror, it doesn't have the moon roof, and then.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't use that anyway.
Speaker 1: I would never use it.
Speaker 2: You're not that kind.
Speaker 1: No. And it has a really cool feature. It has two glove compartments, and the one in the middle you could press a button and it would open for you. And he goes, it's just manual in this one. And I'm all done. And it was seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Sheep, that is awesome. Yeah, good for you.
Speaker 1: I walked out of there. They gave me such a be all on that car.
Speaker 2: Good for good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you name drop yourself?
Speaker 1: Well, this was the bar we go.
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 4: He told me this story already, he did.
Speaker 1: I did not have to name drop at all.
Speaker 2: You didn't know.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the guy that's I'm signing the paperwork with, and I'm looking at him and I'm like, you look so familiar. And then he goes, can you verify your address for me, you know, on the paper work? And I said sure, and he goes, do you live it such and such? And I said I do, And I said do you? And I thought, oh, of course. He Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say something like, oh, they listened to the podcast.
Speaker 1: No, he probably we all have that, man, they do.
Speaker 2: Now, oh they do, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And so he said, oh, my sister lives there, and I said, well, who's your sister and he told me. I said, oh my god, I sold her her place.
Speaker 2: Bing Bong Bing Bong deal deal.
Speaker 3: Nice Eric, good see good things happening to good people. And you've been waiting a hell of a long time. And that was like you've been through a lot with that damn car, that lemon of a car.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad.
Speaker 3: We never outed the dealership because I don't want anybody else to be sucking a bag of dicks.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Well, they'll be sucking a bag.
Speaker 3: Of dits soon okay, but not on not publicly? Yes, okay, thank you for that. No, I said, yes, no, I know, but you're not gonna say the name.
Speaker 1: When when I get when Chuck is in hand and check is cash?
Speaker 2: Yes, Brian, No, I know, I'm not saying that like is there? Like isn't there? Like can't they say Sue's or something?
Speaker 4: I don't know only if he was saying wasn't true?
Speaker 1: But everything is true. Nothing is alleged.
Speaker 2: But are we whatever?
Speaker 1: Are you getting? Are you getting nervous? Now?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've already sweating. I've already been sweating.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I you know what I think we should do.
Speaker 3: I think we should do our favorite things before we do our double D news since you just talked and then you're even talking some more. Not that it's not that I don't enjoy it, because I do. I put that the wrong way. But let's do our three favorite things?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then we'll end with the double D all.
Speaker 1: Right, however you want to do it? Mommy?
Speaker 2: Okay, oh okay, okay, sound creepy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 3: Do we have any music we can play to start off this segment?
Speaker 2: So every once in a while, Yeah, breaking train, story of my life.
Speaker 3: Anyway, every once in a while, we will bring in our favorite things of the moment, things that we're into, things that we love.
Speaker 4: Okay, what you have this thing up with a lot of various specific things.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that was for the wedding. That other thing was with the wedding. Okay, it doesn't matter. Okay.
Speaker 3: Any Way, I thought it'd be cool if we came in with our three current favorite things. Just three things were into and they could be anything from products to experiences, to events, to restaurants to anything.
Speaker 2: So who wants to go first?
Speaker 1: You go first, because I need to get my list. It's on my phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll go first.
Speaker 3: There is a body wash that you can get at Walgreen, CBS, rite Aid, wherever. I found this body wash in New York City one time when I ran out. I didn't like the body wash I had in the hotel, so it was the cheapest one they had. It was five dollars and thirty nine cents for this big bottle.
Speaker 2: This is my favorite body wash I have ever used.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love saying knives.
Speaker 3: It is pink lemon and mandarin orange exfoliating body wash. This giant bottle is less than six dollars, and it smells delicious, it feels delicious, and it is so affordable. It is so nice. So this is one of my favorite things in my shower. I have it all the time. Saint ives, and maybe if I get my act together, we'll put all this on the website for you. Okay, my other favorite thing. I'm kind of a caffeine addict. I've been trying to lay low on the caffeine drinks, like the energy drinks. I've been trying to be good about that. All of this week. I haven't been that great. So I'm like, how can I get caffeine in a different way? Coffee sometimes gives me a bad stomach. So I found that can I boost? It is caffeine spray that you spray under your tongue.
Speaker 4: You have brought this on before, Uh huh, yes you have. I remember this now.
Speaker 1: There was something else that tasted like feet.
Speaker 4: It was a caffeine thing that was like from like probably a year and a half.
Speaker 1: No, it was an energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah mint, those are mints. This is a spray.
Speaker 4: No, it was a spray. I swear it was like from forever ago.
Speaker 2: Well anywhere here if I don't think I did well anyway?
Speaker 4: Did it? Where'd you get the Amazon? Oh?
Speaker 3: And finally, ladies, do you like lip plumping lip gloss? Sometimes it's very goofy. Sometimes it's too like prickly, and it doesn't feel good. This stuff is the best lip plumping lip gloss and it feels great on. It's by Buck Someo. It's called plump Shot and this color I can't tell what color it is, but I'll put it on.
Speaker 2: It's very light.
Speaker 3: And it makes your lips feel so silky smooth with just a little bit of tingle, and watch my lips just.
Speaker 1: Go Well they won't really, but it tingles.
Speaker 3: It tingles, because that's what the that I just spit in your face? Now, No, that's what the plumping part is about.
Speaker 4: It like.
Speaker 3: It, but it doesn't feel irritating. It feels actually really good. It feels minty kind of. So those are my three things.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, no, I have one more thing. I have four. Sorry, I do one more thing something I did on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Nope, sorry, no, this is no please all.
Speaker 2: Right here, get in the photo. Okay.
Speaker 3: So we went to Coronado because Evan's boyfriend has never seen San Diego.
Speaker 2: We needed to show in Coronado, so we went over there to.
Speaker 3: The Ferry Landing rented bikes. Have you ever rented an e bike?
Speaker 2: I never have.
Speaker 3: That was the most fun thing ever. We cruised around Coronado and I pedaled maybe three times, so it's like exercise but not so. It was like you're outside and you're so fun.
Speaker 4: You tried the scooters downtown, the electric ones, think before they removed.
Speaker 2: Them, I think I did, and it's scared the crap.
Speaker 4: Those ones are fun.
Speaker 2: They go so fast.
Speaker 3: This only goes I think twenty five miles an hour, so the most.
Speaker 2: I didn't even gear it up to the to the top.
Speaker 3: I was just being very careful because the other two wanted regular beach cruisers. I'm like, I'm not getting a beach cruiser. I'm getting an electric bike.
Speaker 2: So fine.
Speaker 3: And it was like thirty nine dollars for or forty forty dollars for three hours, and so I thought that was a great deal, really fun to do with the family. So that is a fun family event you guys can do. Go to Coronado, go to the ferry Landing, sup and paddle. I think it's what the place is called. And rent a bike, an electric bike. Boo yah, my favorite things done. Let's go to Brian. I'll end up with Eric.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have a movie and experience and a we'll just say a habit. We'll start the movie. I saw the new Marvel Deadpool and Wolverine. I thought it was great. Yeah, really it is really good. Yeah, it's really it's surprisingly good. Actually it's really funny. The action scenes are actually really incredible, shockingly good, like for a Marvel movie even they were like really good. And Ryan Reynolds was just born to play Deadpool and then we're wearing It's along up there with Heath Ledgary being cast as the Joker is just one of those things where it's like ultimate perfect casting. So that was great. Second, this last Saturday, I went to a concert at the North Park Observatory. Oh that was fun. I went and saw this pretty small band called the butter Tones, but it was North Park Observatory is pretty cool. It's really old and it's hot a shit in there, but it's pretty fun. A lot of drinks in there, which was great, A lot of drunk people, which was not as fun. Saw a couple of them get kicked out. That was cool. And then thirdly my favorite habits. I've been drinking a shit ton of water and it's great. It feels great.
Speaker 2: What did your favorite kind of water?
Speaker 3: Is it just a sink or do you like a particular type of bottled water?
Speaker 4: Not sink water, but anything else.
Speaker 2: Anything else? Like you, you're not like a.
Speaker 4: No, it's just water. No.
Speaker 2: I mean some.
Speaker 3: People prefer like like, I like, what's that smart water?
Speaker 2: I like smart water?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's great. I just like water.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just trying to get specific.
Speaker 4: Specific water.
Speaker 2: But okay, so thank you. You're three things you're into right now now?
Speaker 4: Eric?
Speaker 2: Yes, what are you into right now? What are your three favorite things?
Speaker 1: My three? First favorite thing is my new car? Yes, love it. You're looking for a new electric vehicles Nissan Chris and Sam Massi Nissan and grinny Mesa. They were great. My second thing is, you know, because I'm old, Like when I get up in the morning, if something drops on the floor, it just stays there.
Speaker 2: Like I you can't bend down and pick things hurting so bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I guess maybe it's just because I work out all lot or whatever. And I was told last year that I was getting a little bit of arthritis and my niece, Oh he's old.
Speaker 4: Get ready, it's gonna happen to me now wheelchair time.
Speaker 1: You're going to be taking care of me.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're first. I thought i'd be the first.
Speaker 3: No, I'm you're the one that exercises.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I am. Yeah, I know. And see you're going to be my nurse.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will. That's the deal. That's the deal already. I already know that you get my money and that's right.
Speaker 1: You have to take care of me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Perfect. So I am taking a supplement. A friend of mine told me about it, and it's called glucosamine with ConA ConA droon and turmeric and I've heard of yeah yeah, and it has done wonders.
Speaker 2: For your joints and your niece.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, boy, I feel like I'm watching like daytime TV and all those old people at.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I know, why not doing anything for depends yet or anything like that, you know, or anything because I have like a swollen prostate or anything. So no. And the third when I'm taking my pills and listening to my arteries Harden. Yes, I'm reading a new book by Jeanette McCurdy called I'm Glad My Mom Died.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that came out a little while ago last year.
Speaker 1: I think it was It is great.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, she talks about the whole did she talk about like the whole Nickelodeon.
Speaker 4: Thing was a great?
Speaker 1: Mom was terrible? Oh no, yeah, the mom was a total you know, mamager and was not very nice to her. So yeah, so it's really good.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So if you're looking for a fun read, she's funny. It's like it's a good it's a good read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's great on that one with Miranda Cosgrove. I have no you never watched that.
Speaker 3: That show you didn't watch not Sam and Kat like that.
Speaker 2: I love that. That was a great show. I thought I watched it all right.
Speaker 3: Now, cue the Double D News because it's time for Eric's Monday Tuesday segment, a Double D News.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Eric? So?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, first of I went to a concert the other night and Laura, you all I'm watching, might like this way more than Laura would. I don't just go to sleep, it's you're fine. I went to the Magnolia the other night and I saw Countess Lewanne.
Speaker 3: I told you I wanted to come with you, and that I would have come with you, and that it did sound like fun.
Speaker 1: So take that a cabaret act. It was called Mary Fuck Kill f Kill.
Speaker 2: There we go, and.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be a total shit show.
Speaker 3: And that's probably why what you kind of were hoping to see.
Speaker 2: Sort of in a way, it was fantastic. Well that's good to know she's doing it for.
Speaker 1: A while now, she's been doing it since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And she was great. Okay, she was really I actually it changed my whole opinion of her. She was really funny. And her voice actually isn't as bad as I thought it would.
Speaker 2: Be singing voice or just talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very raspy. It's very Stevie Nicks like kind of raspy and gravelly and smoky. You know, she's no Celine Dion, but she doesn't need to be. She was. She was great. She played for like two hours. She told little stories and stuff, and she was like, her costumes were really pretty, the production was really nice to jo Vanni or what it was. She sang that song, and she was very very sweet to everybody. So yeah, ok yeah, she glew me a kiss.
Speaker 2: Oh of course she did. Everybody loves Eric.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was right down on the front, so she was everybody. Yeah, she's very sweet, very sweet. Okay, So I'll start with the Olympics because something happened the other.
Speaker 3: Day that I've seen this maybe I think I've sent it to everybody, including myself.
Speaker 2: Have you seen it?
Speaker 4: What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: The French pole vaulter Anthony is Uh, his giant wiener was so big that when he pull vaulted, it knocked the pole up.
Speaker 4: Good for him, I mean that's I mean, he got disqualified. But dude, he's going to get so many girls after that.
Speaker 1: Oh not not just girls. He's already gotten a two hundred fifty thousand dollars offer from porn site Cam Soda.
Speaker 2: Oh no, boy, don't do that. Don't be doing that.
Speaker 3: No, that's too bad. I mean, he works his whole life to get to this point.
Speaker 4: He may have just launched his career as a porn star, though.
Speaker 3: Well that's not I think he wants would rather be known as an Olympian.
Speaker 4: Imagine you were the first Olympic porn star.
Speaker 1: I'm really kind of interested in seeing it.
Speaker 3: It look it looks really it's even funnier.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like, Wow, it looked like he was wearing a life raft under that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why wasn't he wearing a jockstraft or something?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but my god.
Speaker 4: Maybe it just couldn't contain it.
Speaker 2: Maybe like Eric's with his freaking a last time.
Speaker 4: Jeez, I've seen him grab his crotch and throw things around like three times to night this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know why, because I was literally sitting on my dick.
Speaker 2: That's why you wear underwear.
Speaker 1: I get why not?
Speaker 4: I don't understand that doesn't.
Speaker 2: It Isn't it more comfortable to be more.
Speaker 1: Contained because it pinches in its you just said, you said on your balls like that couldn't have been fun? No, but I moved it. It was great. Fine. Simone Biles won a seventh gold medal. Yeah, good for her. I like her a lot.
Speaker 2: I really really like her a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we're going to get into the nitty g ready.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Oh, so did we talk about how much Selene Dion got paid for the second one? Okay? Two million bucks Okay. Zac Efron was hospitalized after a swimming pool incident in a Beza. He was pulled out by the villain employees. He's this was on Friday. He's doing fine. There's no report of what happened yet.
Speaker 3: Oh darn yeah, Like did he was drunk?
Speaker 4: I'm sure he was hammered.
Speaker 1: I would have been the first to administer CPR.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you wouldn't have done that in his mouth though, I wouldn't have.
Speaker 2: Is there an issue? Wow? Wow? Was there like a talk about his face? How it's different?
Speaker 1: Yes, he had jaw surgery. Is that what happened, That's why it looks different? Yeah. Britney spears her book The Woman and Me is being turned into a biopic attached this yes, and she has final call on casting.
Speaker 4: It's too soon.
Speaker 1: And apparently she's struck up with that boyfriend again.
Speaker 3: Really wait, not the not the one before, No, the recent one.
Speaker 1: And I'll just tell you guys this, So I know someone that just hung out with her like how so it just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Like a mint setting at a restaurant restaurant.
Speaker 1: And I said, how is she doing? Not good?
Speaker 2: How many people were at this sitting?
Speaker 1: I didn't ask, but there was a group, So.
Speaker 2: I don't know, she's a setting. Really, maybe she's just awkward in public.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe that there is like, no what do you call it? Response? There no one in Hollywood feels responsibility when she's going through something, obviously, and then they're like, let's let's throw a more limelight on that, Like.
Speaker 3: Universal is attached to this. I think I read like the guy that did create you crazy rich Asians is directing it or something, and somebody else big is producing it.
Speaker 4: I don't picture be for when you are dead.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope it just gets better, you know, I know, we just we have the best for her.
Speaker 2: I mean, jeez, it really sad.
Speaker 1: Aerosmith announced that they were retiring from touring. Steven Tyler's voice is shot.
Speaker 4: Really, It's not.
Speaker 3: Shocking, so didn't they had a big planned thing, right and they just like scrap the little His.
Speaker 4: Voice has been pretty rough for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I might go see the Foo Fighters Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Oh, Marla's going.
Speaker 2: Oh she is sitting in the fance.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, we're having dinner.
Speaker 2: Just n f yi when Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I'll give you the days no.
Speaker 2: Oh oh your.
Speaker 3: Two besties and yeah, so I get to see Marla.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, fine, maybe Karen will come down. That would be oh my god to have the try fight and dream to come true. Okay, I am so excited about this. I am ready to slide out of the underwear if I was wearing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what.
Speaker 1: Guess who's replacing Katie Perry on American Idol?
Speaker 2: Now this is going to sound mean, but I wish I cared.
Speaker 4: I cannot stand Katy Perry.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I just like an idol in it.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched American Idol in one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Are you going to watch it now because of it?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay who.
Speaker 1: My songstress Carrie Underwood?
Speaker 2: Oh full circle moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I will be tuning in every week.
Speaker 2: That is cool, love carry, very very cool.
Speaker 4: Yes, we still likes Katy Perry too, a lot of people.
Speaker 2: She came up with the new she's coming up and she's come up with new music.
Speaker 4: It bombed like I.
Speaker 1: Like it though.
Speaker 4: I think it's catchy, and she hasn't done anything before that for like a couple of years. And I fell from like the spot like because.
Speaker 1: She got married, got pregnant, had a baby, and then she was on American Idol.
Speaker 4: She her music is I don't even She's one of those people where I question if they're actually talent her. They just have really good production team.
Speaker 2: She has a great voice she.
Speaker 4: Does when there's a production team behind Ryan.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I wouldn't I wouldn't pay to see this one on only fans. For if someone paid me, you wouldn't look at it. No to go on to only fans and look at it. Rumors are allegedly Tory spelling major and only fans. No thanks, I'll pass.
Speaker 3: Now you can do OnlyFans and just be like a person sitting there answering questions, right, I mean you have to be naked, you know, have to be There's all sorts of ways she can make money.
Speaker 1: By the way, check out my only fans.
Speaker 2: No, you always say that, but I don't think you are. I really don't like. I think there's something deeper here going on. We need to get into that.
Speaker 1: Okay, if we're going to talk about Ben and j Lo a little bit, let's do it. They're not speaking really Nope, and.
Speaker 3: I really thought this would last I did, I really do you did I did because the love story lasted this long.
Speaker 1: She's wearing her wedding ring on the opposite hand.
Speaker 2: Oh, god, for an, why does you just take it off?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What does it even mean?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I forgot my other favorite gang. Now I know what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: No, it's the coolest thing.
Speaker 4: I had interject thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Don't roll your eyes at me, mister, this is very important.
Speaker 1: Hijack my segment.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, No, continue to finish, finish, and then I'll finish with this and then boom, we're done.
Speaker 1: No, I want to you.
Speaker 2: No, actually, I'll save it until next I'll save No, do it.
Speaker 3: No, it's that good. It takes a minute to explain. That's just a tease for next episode.
Speaker 1: Justin Timberlake got his license suspended at a d y hearing and the judge threatened to gag order.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, do you believe on that true voda?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Popper stuff? What do you hear about that?
Speaker 4: Oh? He was high on Popper's.
Speaker 2: And that he had true vadad.
Speaker 4: Hey who's making that up?
Speaker 2: But he's a married man like it was, is he is he like fooling around?
Speaker 1: Probably? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know, or that's what the.
Speaker 4: Well, poppers are just for getting high and then tuvada. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know poppers they used to make things more insertion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you can also just use poppers to get.
Speaker 2: Out, but to get with the with the A little bit.
Speaker 4: Depends on what the sources.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I know, I hope maybe he just fell out of his car and onto a big fat penis.
Speaker 4: Actually happen all the time, I mean, I know, okay, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson their la home got burglarized in broad daylight, but the thieves did not make it to the main house.
Speaker 3: So what exactly was just like the garage or something, or the front house, the back house front, not the main house.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, all right, so coming.
Speaker 1: I really want to know what you're No.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to tell you my it's it is actually and I.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth's I'm here.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna miss her and I'll come here say goodbye to everybody. I told everybody. I'm super sad here come over here much better.
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello, everyone, Yeah, how are you feeling? I'm feeling good.
Speaker 1: I just got Thai food.
Speaker 2: Did you eat it? I can only chew on this side of my mouth. I was able to eat. Are you excited to go back?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot, because now guess who's going to have to entertain your mom all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you did the Yeah, but I forgot the most important thing, which I'm gonna do on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, don't talk talk you can. We can't talk about it right now. Okay, we'll talk about it next episode. Okay, okay, okay, okay, are you.
Speaker 1: Going to join us for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I will, Okay, yes you need to in the beginning, we will. Yes, okay, okay, okay, Oh, this will be great. All right, so we'll have ev it on on Thursday too. And okay, you guys, thank you so much for listening watching everything. I guess the Secret sound one hundred dollars a surprise, thank you straight from Laura's purse Scandado and thank you La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Speaker 2: And love your podcast, Love your podcast.
Speaker 1: I love you both. Thank you, Eric, I ever a wonderful trip back to New York. Thank you You're so cute. I just love you and I love your podcast.
Speaker 2: No you didn't, you didn't do it right?
Speaker 1: Oh it sounds No. I love your podcast.
Speaker 2: Here we go. I love you, my sweet thing, Love you and Charlie too. Bye Bye guys, Bye,