Speaker 1: It's nice eyes unelling Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm number four coming here on Monday nine, and we're going to change topics we had. Uh, there was, It's just funny. There's an interesting story that happened this afternoon. The JFK Library over in Dorchester was temporarily closed due to I'm not sure what. Uh. The The Globe headline says closed due to workers sudden dismissal, and the National Archive says the JFK Library will reopen on Wednesday. Now, this was fairly high up. It might have even been the lead story on the Channel five newscast. I was trying to flip back and forth between four and five. And of course, there's no reason for the JFK Library to be closed. It's uh, it's it's funded, it's open. Apparently there are some people who were there as employees on probation. They hadn't received the equivalent of tenure, which to me is kind of an interesting concept. And it may be that as a consequence that've lost some jobs. I hope not, but people lose jobs in the private sector every day of the week. But it caused quite a kerfuffle, and when you think about all that's going on down in Washington. One name comes to mind. You would think it would be Donald Trump's name, who would come to mind, And yes, that is one name that comes to mind. But the name Elon Musk, the head of the Department of Governmental Efficiency, also comes to mind. Now, Elon Musk is has been the focus of a lot of the demonstrations that we have seen in recent days, and I'm sure will be the focus of demonstrations that we have seen in other times. But Elon Musk is to some people a hero, some people he's a villain, and he's a fascinating character. Whatever you think of him, He's somebody who has made immense wealth, immense wealth. For a long time, he was kind of a darling of the progressive left because he was very much into electric vehicles, which many people felt would finally put those gas guzzlers out of business. Hasn't quite worked out that way. He's been an innovator along with Jeff Bezos, and a competitor with Bezos in terms of the private space craftmanship that they have both engaged in. And there was a point in time where he was a darling of Silicon Valley. I mean and all that it represented. And then there came a time when he bought Twitter, which is now called x and somehow, some way he formed an alliance with Donald Trump. And now some people say he's the co president. They say Trump is the president. Jd. Vance is the vice president. They were both elected, but Elon Musk is the co president with Donald Trump though he was never elected. And it's fascinating to watch what's going to happen. And by the way, if you didn't hear our hour last night at nine o'clock with Professor Jeff Myron of Harvard University. He's the director of the Undergraduate Economics Program. He's senior lecturer at Harvard. Check out the podcast It's last Night, It's nine o'clock News, nine o'clock Hour. It was really good. We had some great callers in that hour, as well as great conversation and clear concise answers to questions that were provided by Professor Myron. H that that's really important. So Elon Musk now has he's he's making some outrageous claims. He's causing incredible disruption. I mean, whether you agree with it or not, he is. He has landed in Washington with a thud. He was quoted yesterday. He had won quote that I caught yesterday, which which I thought was interesting, and it does kind of encapsulate his transit from where he was a few years ago to where he is today. And again there are people who have you know, there are I can think of some Republicans who became Democrats, certainly members of the January sixth Committee, who you thought of as Republicans who tended to be quite critical of Donald Trump, and whether they formally left the Republican Party or informally left the Republican Party. I think of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinsinger, whether they were left or allowed themselves to to be to be cast side whatever. And I can think of Democrats who have gone in the other direction. And I'm I think of Robert F. Kennedy Junior, who now is a Cabinet secretary of the Trump administration. I think of a congressman from New Jersey, last name is Drew D. R. E W who was a Democrat, now he's a Republican. So this was Elon Musk in a recent interview, talking about realizing that changing his political identity had a price. This is cut number four rob cut number four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I used to be adored by the left, not less, so.
Speaker 1: I mean less I really did it.
Speaker 3: I mean this whole sort of like, you know, it's like Trump durration syndrome, and I don't you know, you don't realize how realness is until like it's you can't reason with people. So like I was at a friend's birthday party in Ali, his birthday dinner, and there was like a nice quiet dinner and everything was everyone was behaving normally. And then I happened to mention this is before the election, like a month or two before, after mention the president's name, and it was like they got shot with a dart in the jugular that contained like methamphetamine, and Raby's okay, wow, And I'm like, what is Guys Like you can't have like a normal conversation and it's like it's like that to become completely irrational.
Speaker 2: So that is Trump that rather, that's Musk explaining his own experience. So my question to all of you, and we're gonna learn much more about Elon Musk, and he's either going to become an outcast and an utter an abysmal failure at working within Washington, putting aside his prior successes, or he's going to change some very fundamental aspects of Washington and the minds of some I'm a hero and the minds of others a villain. I hate to put it in those black and white terms, but I want to hear from you. What are your thoughts about Elon Muskin. I just want to get a sense of my audience. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Is he I'll give you. I'll give you three choices. Is he a hero for what he's doing? Or is he a villain for what he's doing? Or he is is he an enigma? And do you think it's still too early to to figure out what the what his end game is? Those are the choices hero, villain, enigma Elon musk six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. He is at the center of the action right now, he calling it appears to me all the shots Donald Trump is maybe the puppet master. I don't know. I'd like to know how you explain the relationship. We'll be back on nightside. Let's light these phone calls up and let's talk from now on to midnight about none other than Elon Musk. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World night Side Studios. I'm dumbs News Radio.
Speaker 2: Either way. Rob was just dealing with some caller who wasn't making a lot of sense, and that call is I can't go on the air. But Rob was saying, well, what do you want to say? Oh heart whatever, he didn't want to go on the air. If you don't want to go on the air, don't bother Rob, folks, Rob job Rob's job is to help you get comfortable and get on the air. Okay, It's like that's what his job is, So don't don't make job Rob's job, which is a tough job any more difficult. Six one four ten thirty. Got one line there if you want to get in easily six one seven nine three one ten thirty, it's a pretty simple question, Elon Musk, in your mind, hero villain, I'll give you a third one enigma if you if you still got figure it out, okay. And it's no right or wrong answer. I'm just I'm just asking, as we say. Jeffree is in waldam, Jeffrey, welcome back. Haven't talked to you in a while here on nights time. Yeah a while, and yes, not my fault, Not my fault, jeff I'm here for you every night. Go right ahead.
Speaker 4: I know you are, and I much appreciated. Now you gave me free options, hero, villain or enigma. I'd like to orfer a fourth option.
Speaker 2: Good for you, that's Prey. I love you, I've encourage you.
Speaker 4: It is hazard ha Okay, and I'll tell you why. It looks to me that mister Trump is beholden to mister Musk for his presidency. And I think that we know why, you know, multi million dollar contributions to the campaign and et cetera, et cetera. Probably some promises. May I'm speculating here about other promises. Okay. The problem that as I see it, is this, we have an unelected individual. Okay, and even if we had an elected individual, but it's worse that he's unelected given uh, just a just a wide wide swap of arbitrary power without accountability, okay. To me, in principals, that represents a recipe potentially for political hell.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me run a couple of a couple of things by you here. Okay, when Franklin Roosevelt was president, when wood Row Wilson was president, it is believed that they both had some some physical or cognitive disabilities in some form of fashion.
Speaker 4: Well polio and not even talking about no, I'm not talking just about polio.
Speaker 2: The idea was that missus Roosevelt and missus Wilson at some points actually were making decisions. There have been books written about that.
Speaker 4: I think it's more so in the case of missus Wilson.
Speaker 2: But you know, there have been books written also whether or not Nancy Reagan had Now, again, these are the spouses of duly elected presidents. There are certainly Franklin Roosevelt had what was called his kitchen cabinet. They were not a cabinet that was approved by the U. S. Senate. But every president has advisors, uh and and and relies upon upon others. I believe. I think that there's a fairly rich history here. Everything that Musk is doing is out in the open, with the the impromter of the guy that got elected president.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, I remember, I remember, I'm just.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to Jeff, give you a couple of counter presidents.
Speaker 4: I understand that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, yeah, let me give you one more and then I'll listen. Bill Richardson, the former a governor of New Mexico, has been dispatched by several residents to negotiate on behalf to do sort of like secret negotiations to get Americans released from various and sundry countries around the world, including North Korea. It's it happens. It happens. But I understand the point you're making, but it's not unprecedented.
Speaker 4: I see what you're saying. But do you see I don't know as long. And first of all, I think a key concept here is out in the open. What we don't want is co wort power being wielded, especially arbitrary power without accountability to the public, which really is erosive toward our democratic processes and institutions.
Speaker 2: Well, right, this is this is not covert. This is this is very significant. I mean, on a scale of significance, this dwarfs what what I can think of anyone else. But in terms of openness, I mean, this is kind of out there in your face.
Speaker 4: I think you know very much for the better, but there may be some influence being willed that is not so open, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, arguably you could say that that by being this close to the president and being this much of a uh an emissary or whatever whatever word you want to use, that must now will probably any dealings that his companies have with the government will be scrutinized, even even more so. I don't know, I don't know you're going to say, you're going to you're going to characterize him as a hazard. I threw out hero villain. We now have a fourth term hazard. That's Jeff's true.
Speaker 4: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Let's see how many people agree with you.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Well, say you dandy time.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jeff. They'll be a stranger. Thanks, my friend. Talk to you soon, hope all as well. By the way, I haven't talked to you in a long time.
Speaker 4: It's been a while. It's refracting to talk again. Bye, good night.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Dave in San Antonio, Texas. Dave, you were next on Nightside Elon Musk, hero, villain, enigma or hazard.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Dave, Well, I would like to redefine the word hero is just simply a very intelligent advisor. I think Elon muskis and uh, and I think that he's bringing to light a lot of facts that find a lot of people in Washington, ZC. Very uncomfortable, and they don't like those facts being revealed to America. And they're very offended to the fact that we see how they've mishandled social Security and will be offended. They'll be very offended when we find out how they mishandled the I R S. And we.
Speaker 2: Hold on just for one second, Dave, I haven't I've seen some statements that Elon Musk has made, but I haven't seen the factual backup yet. So when you say they're going to be you think social Security has been offended, has been handled poorly, I should say, is that based upon what Musk has said or based upon your own instincts.
Speaker 4: You're well, based upon my own instincts and what But what Musk has said.
Speaker 2: Well, is he said that that that you that you're referring to.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm referring to six point five million people one hundred and twelve years older or social Security.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that has been discounted and there have been some very interesting.
Speaker 4: I understand that that there will be a lot of people calling it false. But I for I'm sticking with Musk, And when he says.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Dave, I would not try to dissuade you from that. All I would say is that if that claim is true, I mean, if he said there were sixty five people or six hundred and fifty people who were taking who were getting so security checks, I I would say, let me see about that. But when he's the figure you quoted was six point five million, that is, if it's true, I mean, that will be the greatest secret in the history of this country since I guess the atomic bomb at the end of World War Two.
Speaker 4: I just see how they kept beverage. Did you see where they're keeping the records. Yes, it looks like in a.
Speaker 2: Mine in what was a mine in Western God saw that. But it's a pretty nice location. Have you Did you see the interior of it. It's all air conditioned, very nicely appointed, nicely appointed. I had a at wisht. I had a basement which looked as as neat and clean as that I got. Like, I have two or three flau cabinets and they look nothing like that.
Speaker 4: When you talk about how you're sticking up for the Jewish people and all that. Your dad fought World War two and you're a Roman Catholic. I'm Roman Catholic. My dad fought World War Two. You're sticking up for my dad's people.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that absolutely. All right, David, I appreciate you your calling the show. We will talk. Let us see. I mean when that if, if that proves to be true, if that proves to be true, that is the biggest biggest story of the last ten years or the last twenty. Yeah, okay, so let's say, Okay, you got it. So you're putting them down as a hero. I'm guessing right.
Speaker 4: I respect the man's intelligence. Some guy I ever knew it could take a rocket, send it to the up to the space and bring it back down and land it where he wants to land it. I can't believe he did that, but he did it.
Speaker 2: Not bad, not bad. I think they do that with magnets, if I'm not mistaken. Only kidding, only kidding, Dave, talk to you later. Have a good one. Good night, don't good night. Coming back on Nightside. We got the news at the bottom of the hour, only one line six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty elon Musk, hero villain, enigma, or as Jeff said, hazard coming back after this on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here. But that was a quick newscast. Let me go to Scott in seekonk. Hey, Scott, welcome next on Nightside. How are you sir?
Speaker 4: Good evening, Dan, Thank you for taking my call. I've spoken a couple of times to you, a longtime listener.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'd like to add another category to your list there. I would like to add dictatorship. They think dictators like and Hitler they belong in that category is where they belong, both of them. And she's listening because that's the way we're going. I'm being a little extreme, but I have to get it out there to get it off my chest.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm glad you know something that this is anything that I can do to get people off off the chest. And and obviously what you said is very interesting.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with it, but but you have every right on this program to express your opinion, whether I agree with it or not. Your opinion is most important when you call. So I don't see it that way. To be really honest with you, I have an incredible amount of faith uh in the in the way this country is structured. Uh And And I'm you know, I'm telling you what I truly believe, okay, And and I think that the pendulum swings in this country. My my next question is going to be who's the next leader of the Democrat Party. The Democratic Party right now.
Speaker 4: Is in shambles, I understand, But I just say to the country to beware of technology. Beware of technology is the last thing I'm going to say, and I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm complimenting you. I'm telling you that that I think is always an admonition that we should be aware of. I'm that guy who doesn't like to go through the automatic line at the grocery store. I am beware of technology. I like to talk to the clerk.
Speaker 4: You know. I agree with you, Okay, because as.
Speaker 2: Wonderful as those as wonderful as those those little machines, though those kiosks are, they put people out of out of jobs, and that's not good. I want to see people working, So I'm bad. We can agree.
Speaker 4: Thank you for your time, Dan.
Speaker 2: Scott, do me a favorite I need you avoid more often. I mean that seriously, I want to hear.
Speaker 4: I want to hear about once a year. I really do.
Speaker 2: Well, you gotta you gotta find more friends who will call up and help represent your point of view. I mean that seriously. I want this program truly to have all points of view represented in relatively equal amounts. Okay, I'm thank you very much, Thank you, my friend, talk to you soon. Okay, let's keep rolling here. Six what only line six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. That is my plea I want. If you're listening to this program and you disagree with what people are saying, oh with what I'm saying, this program is for you, Okay, it is. It is intended to be an exchange of ideas. Period. I have some ideas, and I express my ideas and I don't back off those ideas, and I upset people on both sides with my my ideas. But that's okay. Let's go next to Jamie in Wooster. Jamie, welcome, How are you? How much snow you get out there in Worcester?
Speaker 5: At this point we got actually nothing right now. It's it's all ice though. It's like an ice.
Speaker 2: Cream okay, yeah, bring your ice skates to work week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what you think it's what you got ice? No, we can't buy rock salt. I go everywhere I went for my eighty year old, yeah, to buy rock salt. I couldn't find rock salt anywhere.
Speaker 2: You know what they say the time to buy rock salt is in September.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh you should get him some rock salt because I thought we were getting a storm on Thursday. But now we'll get a report and I think it's gonna pass us.
Speaker 2: So we're that they're saying, yeah, this sand's going to go to the south, but hopefully you can find something.
Speaker 5: Because I couldn't find any rock salt anywhere. And I made like I have my day off today and I went to like five different stores that couldn't fry rock salt.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's that's a frustrating feeling. So let's talk about Elon musk Haro villain, hazard, uh enigma, dictator I.
Speaker 5: Call a hero, but I'm confused at why people are mad at him for like exposing all the things that we're wasting money on it, you know, like Iraqi transgender sufsame street thing.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what, what's wrong with this guy? He's he's actually pointing out some problems we have. Well, spending money. I don't want to spend that.
Speaker 4: Money on that.
Speaker 5: If I knew that, I wouldn't, you know, as a taxpayer, I wouldn't have spent that money on it.
Speaker 2: So well, it was funny. I was. I was listening to Bill Maher recently, and I want to play that. This is a kind of Bill Maher. I want you to react to this. Okay, Okay, yes, this is Bill Maher who is no fan of Donald Trump. Cut two cut to please. What do you think of his last the first two weeks in office?
Speaker 4: What are you think?
Speaker 6: There are some things, Well, I said before he took office, I would not pre hate anything. Now that he's in there, there's some things I hate, and there's some things I don't hate.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, it's.
Speaker 6: A breath of fresh air as far as like we're gonna look at things in a way we've never looked at it before, Like maybe Gaza doesn't have to be this utter hellhole where the people are constantly attacking Israel and they are themselves constantly being attacked by this terrorist organization. That runs them like a mafia. Maybe you know, it's a beautiful area on the beach. Maybe it could be more like Dubai. Okay, it's great to think about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, your your reactions to Bill Maher certainly no supportive of Donald Trump, seems to be willing to at least give a look.
Speaker 5: Right. Well, that's a good thing. And I think you know, if you get no opposite too, well, we're trying to we're trying to combine. Everybody will be on the same page. So if some sides can coincide with some of the objectives, that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: You know who, I mean who who was in favor of waste or fraud? I don't think that anybody a democratic.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize we were spending that much money on a transgender unless we would never know that unless this Dodge thing was created, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other thing, by the way, which just to support you, that I'd like to mention, is that I heard Bill Maher and again I heard him at some point I think today I was just roaming the internet and he was talking about some report from the GAO, the Government Accounting Office, which is you know, not a Trump agency. But a couple of years ago they had estimated that fraud This was the GAOS estimate that fraud or waste or whatever was anywhere between every year two hundred and thirty one and five hundred and fifty one billion dollars. I mean, just an incredible amount of money. And and Okay, so now if it's going to get pointed out and maybe we can eliminate it, that's not a bad thing. I mean that that money can go to causes that.
Speaker 5: The Democrats or Leba is protesting him because he's laying up of packs that were wasting money on certain things, and you know, and we got to cut that out, and they don't like that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the deal. All of us pay taxes, and none of us I don't like paying taxes anymore than I'm sure you like paying taxes. But it's, as someone once said, taxes are the cost of civilization. Okay, fine, I'm willing to pay my fair share. I'm willing to pay. I pay substantially more than my fair share, in my opinion, but I don't mind that. But I want my taxes to go and support a strong military. I want my taxes to support a safety net for people who really need some help, because that could be me someday, or it could be a member of my family. I don't want my tax money going to fraud or waste or supporting stuff that the government should not be supporting. How radical is that point of view?
Speaker 5: No, I agree, Yes, I want my money to go there too. I'm like, yeah, well, if I'm gonna give my money to the government, they're better go to some good causes. You know, you got it, you're cutting uh singing Iraq?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's some of that stuff. Now again, I watch I read the Washington Post and they did some fact checking on it, and they said that some of the I think the Trump White House Communications Department has to tighten up a little bit, and they have to be very because every time they say this is a program seven million dollars to do X and it's wrong or it's overstated, they're gonna get jumped out.
Speaker 5: They need to be I want to go. I mean, I'm trying to get my information correct for the news, but when I hear this kind of stuff, it just like goes up my skin. You know, is true?
Speaker 2: Well, I hear you if you listen to night Side. I will promise you I will try to edit and uh and check it out. That's kind of my job. I mean when when David san Antonio mentioned.
Speaker 5: I want to get the fact straight, you.
Speaker 2: Know, well, I'll try to do it no matter which way it breaks, particularly in terms of facts. My opinions could be all over the block. But anything that I represent to you as a fact is going to be a fact that I will have checked out. That's my pledge.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, great, great, thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that a whole lot. Thanks Jamie. We'll talk soon. Have a great one.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, let's keep rolling. Going to go to Christine in Denim. Christine, welcome back.
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm fine. Still a little cold man. It's cold out, isn't it.
Speaker 7: It's cold. It is really cold. I can't take this anymore.
Speaker 2: Just hang in there for a couple of weeks. I think they're saying it might get above thirty two over the weekend. I don't know how about that. Yeah, bikini weather at that point. Beach beach party, beach beach party, bingo. Right, So what do you what do you think about Elon Musk hero villain, dictator but enigma.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, yeah, I just don't I know, he hasn't been voted in. I don't know why he's making all these decisions. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I guess he's being he's given the authority to make him by the guy that was voted in. That's that's what the guy that's voted him in would argue.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't like that. I really don't. Yeah, whatever happened to us voting for who we voted for and not who we didn't vote off. That's not right.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I got I agree with you on that, but I'm going to just say that when when you watch the campaign, there were plenty of times when Donald Trump had Elon Musk up on stage. So I don't think it's a surprise that Elon Musk has access to the Oval Office.
Speaker 4: I know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: How that's happening. I really don't.
Speaker 2: Well, he was a big supporter of Donald Trump. They cast, they they teamed up a little bit. You know, I look at Robert Kennedy. Whoever would have thought of that. It's an interesting mix that Trump has somehow been able to pull together Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, these were people who hated Trump.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm wondering today, is that what happened. Did they turn on the Kennedys all of a sudden, this happened today. It's because of Robert, That's what I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I think here's what I think happened today. And I can't prove this. I think somebody said nope, for the best. I'm as far as I could tell all the networks reporters today that the JFK Library was the only library that closed. The closed at two o'clock this afternoon. It will reopen tomorrow morning. It could be that someone inside the JFK Library misinterpreted some message they got from the National Archives, which in effect is responsible to the JFK Library. A dumb somebody made a dumb decision. Yeah, thank thank god, it'll be open tomorrow. It's a beautiful it's a beautiful facility. I've been there many many times, and uh, I always look, you've been there.
Speaker 7: Too, Yes, I've been there a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, always worth, always worth the visit. Christine, I got a scowed. I got pack lines here, which is great, and I thank you so much for calling. Thank you so much for your loyalty and your friendship. Thank you. Talk to you. Welcome, Are you too? Right back at you, talk to you soon. Good night. All right, we're gonna wrap it up. On the other side, I got Mike, John, Mike, and Jeff. We'll try to get you all in. I promise we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Night Side Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's try to get everybody in. Mike and Topsfield, Mike, you next night's talking about Elon Musko. Ahead, Mike, gotta put Mike on hold. If he's not ready, we'll put him on hold. Let's go next to John and Boxton. John talking about Elon Musk. Go ahead, John.
Speaker 4: They said Elon Muskin is an amazing talent. He's almost like an Aristotle. I don't know if people realize what he's done for the country, but his host star lague system has allowed communications through around the world, and the Democrats loved him until he bought Twitter and he wanted free speech. He risked billions of dollars buy in Twitter, and they got kicked off at him because that exposed a fifty one intelligence agents were lying about the hundred byte laptop. And that's why the Democrats really got upset at least Elon Musk, because he wanted free speech where a country has founded on free speech, just like we're speaking now, Dad, and Elon Musk is now just turning over stones finding out where the waste is. Why would anybody in their right mind be upset about that? Just trillions of dollars If Donald Trump was on Sean Harry's eyes man about four trillion dollars.
Speaker 2: Without I've said this to you before, John, I know you've heard me say it. I'm not interested in publicizing other shows on my program. If you want to talk about what you heard, that's fine that I'm not here to publicize any other broadcast affiliate, any other broadcast station, any other broadcast personality.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I just want to give you the source. Bottom line. Our government was giving two hundred and thirty million dollars to the Taliban, and they were buying passports for guys down South America to come across the border. Now he is Chris Fettis is a sealed team.
Speaker 2: And again once once I see you know it. Look this waste and abuse. But I you're putting stuff out. I have no excuse me, John, John, if you could, if you would, if you would permit me to You're putting information out on my radio program that I do not know the source of. Okay, and and and therefore just the fact that it's mentioned but in some other radio station or some other talk show or some other website doesn't make it fact. That's all I'm saying. You know, I mean you and I I just I don't know the source of what you're saying. You can tell me there's a twenty alarm fire tonight in in you know, in Manitoba, Canada. I don't know that, and therefore I don't want to talk about that. I mean, I'm asking, how do you what do you consider? Do you consider Elon Musk a hero or a villain?
Speaker 4: That's all he did. He risks so much. But they were they were talking about putting him in jail when he bought Twitter. They were upset he risked so much by doing that. And if if if they were threatened to putting him in jail, he lost. He still hasn't made a profit on as far as I know, on Twitter, and he kept free speech open in the United States. That one thing alone.
Speaker 2: Dan no on that that that is a public record. I agree with you on that. And there was a period of time when Twitter was not as open and accessible as it is now. So just leave it there at that, and as they say, we will, we'll talk on other issues on another time. But I hope you understand. I just people call up all the time. John, It's just not you. They'll call up and say, well, you know this happened or that happened, or I heard this on this show, and you know I'm on the air for four hour reason. I get I get that people don't. You might listen to other broadcasts, which is fine, but just when you cite stuff that's factual from other shows, it's it's very disruptive to me because I have because people who were listening, they're gonna say, well, I heard it and Dan ray that the Martians have landed, and I don't know that.
Speaker 4: I was just giving the source.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it. I just yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know our government funding terrorist groups that was the source for But it's there are others also, it's it's not the bottom line.
Speaker 2: I think I think that some look. I think that there was was usaid money that maybe was sent to certain countries, including Afghanistan, which was intended theoretically for a noble purpose. But because Afghanistan is controlled by bad actors, they didn't allow that money to go to the sisters of the poor. They took that money for themselves, you know, So there was a little bit naivetay maybe, or maybe there was intentional naivete We'll figure it out. Thanks, John, I always appreciate you.
Speaker 4: They're just starting to grass the service. They can't wait the final one.
Speaker 2: Let's say, well, let's see what happened. So let's see what happens. John, I got to get one more Rin. Thank you, mich appreciate you call. Have a great night. Let me go finally to Mike and Beverly. Mike, you's gonna wrap up kind of a raucous hour. Here, go right ahead, Mike.
Speaker 8: Hey, Dan, how I've listen to it.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 8: I'm all for you. Like last call and talked about Elon Musk. I don't understand it. People, listen, Donald Trump is the secatur of the Office he can hire and fire who he wants. And Elon Musk is an employee of the federal government. He's an assistant, so that I don't.
Speaker 2: Think he's I don't think Mike, technically he is an employee. In order to be an employee of the federal government, he would have to be accepting a check for his services. As far as I know, he is not an employee. He is simply acting almost as a volunteer assistant.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I don't I listened to the White House Press secondary today. Gave her a description today, so that's that's what she said today. So I know you're gonna get yell at me for saying this. So you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Go no, no, if you want, if you want to quote, if you want to tell me that you heard, I'm not gonna yell at you. If you're going to tell me that you heard the White House Press secretary say X, and that's an accurate reflection of a White House Press secretary. I don't think that Elon Musk as an employee. It would want to be an employee of the federal government because that then would give the federal government an opportunity to delve very deeply into his financial affairs, and I don't think even Elon Musk would want to sacrifice that. But we'll see. One of us will be right, one of us will be wrong. And if I find out I'm wrong, I will I will mention it on the ear prominently. You know that, Okay, Yeah, I get.
Speaker 8: I just don't know why people are in a freakout all because I came home with Bill Clinton and Obama tried to have those years ago. It wasn't okay then. But I ain't gotta go so all right, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta go call earlier. Give you more time for the night, everybody, Rob Brooks, great job. Tough night actually turned into a great night. Thank you very much. Marie did great job. My name is Dan Ray. I'll tell you one more time. Well, I'll tell you every night, all dogs, all gets, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago, this very month, that's where all your pets are who passed. They loved you, and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. I'll see you again tomorrow night at eight o'clock, and I'll see you in two minutes on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray. See me then,