Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of The Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. That's how my day felt. Okay, that is how my day felt. Okay, Okay, God, we're going to talk about my WSOP main event, Day one C. We're also going to talk about a whole bunch of other stuff I did not bust. Okay, So I need to try and spin this around. I'll give you guys podcast.
Speaker 2: And have any gypsy bagged off that reaction to open the show.
Speaker 1: It's not even that, Like, it's just not even that. But we'll get we'll get into it all, you know, I'll talk through some hand histories. Yeah, it's just one of those one of those nights. I do one of the things I generally do when I like have a bad day at poker or I bust or whatever. I pretty much tilt in the car ride home for like five or ten minutes, okay, like just not like not like doing anything tilting, but just like emotionally like I'm feeling tilt, right, but you know, just get it out whatever. Not a big deal. You know, by the time I get home, it's it's gone. Yeah, but you know, you just I'm human. I have those moments. But the problem is that I'm not hopping in my car. I'm hopping on the podcast. So you guys are gonna get a little bit of the tilt. Okay, so do you This.
Speaker 3: Is how it is.
Speaker 2: I've been chatting with someone about like reactions to baits or whatever. Hands do you Okay, that's how you get in with Aces of the Kings, I mean, hits a king.
Speaker 3: How do you react? Like?
Speaker 2: Right, like I feel very like I just have no reaction an in the moment, yeah, like right, nothing, Yeah, okay, let's move on. Yeah, okay, good, that's fine. Like inside your mind, it's just like you mother, it's.
Speaker 1: Not even it's it's never against the other person. Really, it's just it's just it just happens. So it just sucks, right, Like, it's not It's not like I'm looking at the guy and being like, oh f you you know, And if they make a bad play and get lucky, fine, you know you want them to make bad plays. If they just get lucky, if it's an Ace's arst King situation, that's just inevitable. Fine, they just got lucky. I just get a little bit upset, you know, when it's all done. Yeah, but I I I've I'm being honest. I know a lot of people fucking say this. I really don't think that I tilt while I play. I just I don't know. I just feel like I can block it out. And maybe that's like maybe that's like the athlete in me, you know, like just having played well played soccer my whole life. Like you screw up on the field, You're going to screw up, but like you can't stop. Like the worst times for you to screw up in soccer were like right before halftime or at the end of the game, because then you have a long period of time. And today what was annoying is I lost two or three big pots the last hand before the break, so then I had to sit on it. I would almost rather just like deal the next hand and just be like, Okay, I gotta focus. I gotta focus on the next hand, you know, but what you have twenty minutes then to like let it all over, that's annoying to me. When you get to the end of the day, that's annoying to me. I would rather just play because I can just quickly forget about it because I have to focus on the next hand. If I don't focus on the next hand, I'm not putting my best foot forward. And as Patrick Leonard always says, it's always about just playing the next hand as best you can. But if there's no next hand to play, that's frustrating to me. So anyway, we're going to get into all of that stuff on this episode. We got a six hundred dollars Poker News deep stack winner. The ten K eight game championship is still playing out, So I don't think we're going to talk about that fully. Maybe we'll touch on it a little bit, but that's good. That's gonna be one of those ones that we come back to in the next episode. What about the eight hundred dollar summer celebration, same thing there is, that's the.
Speaker 3: Only one that is going on in the corner.
Speaker 1: And then the twenty five hundred dollars and Nolmen hold and freeze out is all good? Yeah you, And it's playing down literally singing all day, like singing like he.
Speaker 3: Would just America, the god bless America guy.
Speaker 1: He then he's saying Queen like he's saying like multiple things, like just belting it out top of his lungs. I mean he did the entire they play. Okay, hold on, let me let me get through the stuff and then I'll talk about the day. I'm like, I'm all over the place, coming in hot I'm sorry, I know, but this is how it is. I don't I'm not in my car. You know, you should have gone for a drive first. Actually does your even driving?
Speaker 3: My car is stuck here in the back again today.
Speaker 1: No, my wife is gonna get me, got it, but yeah, and then we'll deal with the car.
Speaker 3: Uh this weekend.
Speaker 1: It's just it's like I'm playing, she's got work, Like, it's just we don't have time.
Speaker 3: So it's just frustrating.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to the episode, please do hit the favorite button leave a review.
Speaker 3: It does help us grow.
Speaker 1: If you are watching on YouTube, like the video, subscribe to the poker Goro YouTube channel and please and drop a comment.
Speaker 3: That would be apps freaking spectacular.
Speaker 1: If you love poker but you don't want to spend a dime, check out play poker go dot com.
Speaker 3: It's free to play.
Speaker 1: It is super easy to jump into and yes, it actually feels like real poker.
Speaker 3: I do listen.
Speaker 1: I have played on many different free to play poker apps, and I hope by now that the listeners understand that I will tell you guys how it is and if I can't do that or how I feel, and if I can't do that, I probably won't talk about something. Okay, I'll just avoid it because I'm not I don't want to lie to you guys.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: So if you're new, a lot of people knew, you know, watching from YouTube and that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: That's just how I am.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do legitimately think like the play poker gro stuff for a free to play poker app is extremely authentic.
Speaker 3: I really do do believe that, you know, I mean, it's there. I don't.
Speaker 1: There's no way that it's any different than going to play one two at your local casino. I'm sorry, Like the ship you see at one two at your local casino is out of control. Okay, So anyway, hit up playboger goa dot com or grab the game on iOS and Android.
Speaker 3: We will see you at the tables.
Speaker 2: Before you continue. Just let's make a note of this. Twelve fifty five am. Oh yeah, technically July fifth, but if you're looking at us, if you're watching on YouTube or if I go to come. We are very American today. You know, obviously, Donnie is I have not stolen the culture. I bleed green and gold three hundred and sixty four days a year.
Speaker 3: But today I've eaten all day. Really, I eat red, white and blue.
Speaker 2: Because it is technically still kind of to meet July fourth, Donnie, fantastic USA kind of started jacket there. We've got the American hat, I did the USA visor, the USA sunglasses, and this women's extra large blouse.
Speaker 3: I learned something today. Let me ask you if you knew this? Did you not?
Speaker 2: Women's shirts and pants the buttons and the flies are on the other side.
Speaker 3: Yes, I knew that. Do you know why?
Speaker 1: I always just thought because then you know that they're there are men and women. No.
Speaker 2: I was told that like back in the olden days, you know, beyond our time, before our time, you know, women used to get dressed by others, so it was the same.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, that's interesting. I'm not a new fact today, but that makes sense. Anyway.
Speaker 2: We are celebrating, uh, you know, Independence day here in America, and the one thing before you get into it, I just want to say I didn't see many, uh too many outfits compared to normal norm we see a lot.
Speaker 1: But today I feel like I was I was thinking this at the table because I was looking around and I thought the same thing. There were a few deep people, and I honestly think not to get political on people, but I feel like when you dress like I'm dressed, people look at me and they feel like I voted a certain way.
Speaker 3: Gotta that's see, you're not very scared.
Speaker 1: I'm not scared to admit that I did not vote that way, but they look at you like you did, right.
Speaker 3: They look at you like, okay, I think if you wear the more red, remember how I had that read.
Speaker 1: But people were definitely like I was catching. I was getting a lot of looks.
Speaker 2: But I'm also I mean a women's blouse and short uh gene shorts. So that's why I'm getting the looks and the Madlin mustache, all the combo items. But the reason I want to bring this up because yeah, I think you're going to talk about music man in the twenty five hundred freeze out who was wearing like a kind of like a jumpsuit.
Speaker 3: He's wearing like an American fighting Jesus guy. I've seen the videos.
Speaker 2: It's an it's some kind of jumpsuit or shorts and jacket combo, but it is American flag. He was wearing it yesterday. I want to hear it that you may have a winner over there.
Speaker 3: He's wearing it yesterday.
Speaker 2: In the freeze out and today building out tunes for Donnie.
Speaker 1: So I get here, we start the main event. They before we start, they played the national anthem. Already wasting my f in time, right, I mean, I just I cannot stand the national anthem.
Speaker 3: Such a giant week whatever many national anthems on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I watched the Christapleton one today about the you know the super Bowl where he plays the electric guitar.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's that's it.
Speaker 1: And already already people are are looking at me funny because I'm just on my phone, yea, getting trying to do stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: People are looking at me like I'm rude, and of course I'm dressed like an American flag. Then we start playing and this guy just starts singing the national anthem like in like level two of the main event. But he's like on the other side of the room. In the twenty five dollars, freeze out. He sings the entire thing start to finish, to the point where everyone in the main event then gives the guy a round of applause like he as chef up.
Speaker 3: We already had the freaking like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: And then he started he sing it during he sang it off to huh wait, yes, no, that's not At the before the first card was dealt, we did the national anthem, and like two hours later he did it on his own, like in the middle of play, in.
Speaker 1: The middle of all his tournament was going on, and while the main event was going on, He's just screaming. And he also at one point was screaming some other song. And then he was also singing Queen. It's like, dude, I do, I'll give you the check mark for the Queen.
Speaker 3: I do. I don't care about the queen, but like we can, I can just can ask what song it ches? I don't remember. If I heard it, I would know my top five queen songs.
Speaker 1: Shut up, shut up, shut up. Okay, So so this is how do you want to do this? Do you want to talk about like about the numbers?
Speaker 3: Let's do you last?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's actually, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna flip it on you. I'm gonna flip it on you. I'm the host today. We're going to bring it back to the main event. Let's quickly touch on nick A Mardy winning a six hundred dollars Poconess deep stack.
Speaker 3: Top the field of five thousand six getting so mad, that's fine. Five thousand, six hundred and sixty seven entrance. So I'm gonna go really quick.
Speaker 2: Twen three hundred, two thousand dollars, ran Cador two hundred and one K, Nicholas Godard one hundred and forty nine K, George Dominguez one hundred and twelve K, and Dan Shill we've talked about the first two days, Chip leading eighty four K.
Speaker 3: Gave him poker a podcast. How today I said, good luck again already.
Speaker 1: What's he known as poker Dad Dad Poker? He was on No Game in the Future. Yeah, like invited by Poker Stars and he's like za proper something. I'm sorry, Dan, Yeah, sorry, but I met you at studio. I'm completely butchering whatever your online name is.
Speaker 3: But we gave we gave him and his friend a poker podcast.
Speaker 2: Hat I did the full power of saying good luck hover brings you a win. Make sure where then you win is Fady goes, I'm already at whoops, my bad.
Speaker 1: But doctor Dad poking, doctor Dad, that's it, Yeah you go but yeah, Nick Amardi wins out Poconese deep stack, and now I think we can go into the main.
Speaker 3: Get that out of the way, main event time. All right, cool? What are the numbers like today? Not good? As I predicted? As I predicted, not good.
Speaker 2: We have a I'm gonna say I'm confirmed, but semi confirmed.
Speaker 3: Can look at the Yeah, it's confirming, man, it's up to date.
Speaker 2: Is you can get seen one hundred and seventy eight entrants today. That takes us to a field size of three nine six seven now compared to last year same time, four thousand and seventy four, so we had down quite a lot.
Speaker 3: Five hundred plus players Tomorrow has to be an absolute freaking shit show, advancing twelve hundred and forty nine.
Speaker 2: That puts us out of field size for Day two ABC at two six hundred and eighty two. That is also down about four hundred and sixty so down year on year for the first three days now that's obviously taking into account the July fourth holiday.
Speaker 3: So I think we're you know, like on par with stats.
Speaker 2: I think we can kind of interpret this, and what I'm reading from this is that we may struggle to hit nine thousand, But like you said, I think I think we're to be honest, let's be real here, I think we're bullish on a big Day one D. I think we're more bullish I am personally on the Day two being a more opportune time for a lot of players to jump in. They can skip five days of poker, they can play Ario events, Venetian events, win events, they can play this one kN no limit freeze out here, they can play a lot of events, and as we were discussing off camera, they can get in sixty as late as I'm going to potentially get in with fifty bigs. So that's that's still a lot of big blinds, you know. You know, it's much easier to play than thrandre big blind poker. So I think that my early prediction is a bigger uptick in the day to ABC and the Day two D registration numbers, and then I think we'll still you know, beware, we're all thinking, but yeah, right now, it doesn't look good, but I think we'll get that that light search.
Speaker 1: Should they like not do it on July fourth? I mean somehow Like obviously obviously if you don't do it on July fourth, that would involve like kind of shifting the dates. So like maybe you were to start it with the week after July fourth, which then pushes the whole thing a little bit further into July, you know, or or maybe you do it like somehow where July fourth is a day off, Like I don't exactly know, but I'm just saying, like we see the numbers like drop on July fourth all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, firstly, I want to say that if you're not aware, I know you're an American and you might not be with this, but there are other countries out here in the world, you.
Speaker 3: Know that, you know, to America.
Speaker 1: At one point a Spanish media outlet comes over and they're like, sir, can we interview you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, what's it about? They're like Independence Day. I was like, okay, so they didn't know who you were. I didn't know who you were Donny Peter's medium. I don't expect people to know who I am. But they so I get up, I'm like, yea, yea sure, let me play this hand whatever. I do the interview and the guy's like, you know, so like what's what's the deal with? Like what makes this stay so special?
Speaker 3: Or whatever? The heck? I don't know. I probably did a horrible representation of America. What are you doing in my country? But anyway, Yeah, that was that was funny.
Speaker 2: I would say that, you know, there are a handful of people that are not American that want to play on this day. There's obviously a lot of Americans that did play today, so I think we need to kind of give that opportunity. But I'm going to say, and if my dock is correct, I hope it is. In twenty seventeen, was the loss of the main event started after July fourth.
Speaker 3: So there was a time.
Speaker 2: Where the main event started after the July fourth holiday. And I think in a perfect world that would be ideal. You have July fourth, then you have day one day.
Speaker 3: But I think having you want to line it up on the weekend days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean, you know, we can talk a lot about where the date should where those days should actually fall and you know, we I think debate a lot about when the final table is where we should be building the event off.
Speaker 1: Well yet no, but but yes, but like I still think you do need to Like it's almost like an impossible task to line up the final table but then also line up the starting flights because I like, you know, the Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday for that final one.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I tell you the greatest, the greatest idea that has ever come out of Charlie Series's mouth. Oh God, that is, and I'll tell you what it is. WSP. If you're listening, Jack Fall, if you're listening, well, you should get clearance by Charlie. But you can have this idea by proxy. Seven day one flights, one for every day of the week, because we don't know your schedule. You want to play Monday, I want to play Tuesday, you want to play Saturday. You just figure it out and guess what you have the day twos on what day?
Speaker 3: Donnie?
Speaker 2: You have the day two's on the Saturday and the Sunday. So the week prior to that, all those are starting flights. Now, of course we're not going to get you know, six thousand players in one of the stunning flights. But maybe it's only four hundred five hundred, but it gives everyone a chance.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure how I feel about this. The day's day one.
Speaker 2: It's the best idea I have ever had, and I have best ideas every day.
Speaker 3: So that's not your idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've made it public, so it's my idea, but I claimed it. I think legally I own this idea.
Speaker 3: Now anything else.
Speaker 1: The numbers, you're the you're the host. You told me you're flipping it. You're your host, and so like, well.
Speaker 3: Next what we do. We're gonna do the top five.
Speaker 1: Stop stop with this nonsense, with so much fun, the top five, Chim.
Speaker 3: Cownts, let's that's a andre. Let's go with that for now. Love a Dusky Yep, well done.
Speaker 1: Three hundred ninety two thousand, Ben Wang, Yeah, three hundred and forty eight thousand, or three hundred and fifty four thousand, sorry, Braxton done away two thirty four, Calvin Anderson's got to thirty, John Kites got two h six, James Ops your Boy eight, Dan Shack one sixty two, Vanessa Selbs one fifty five. Well it's Tristan Wade one thirteen.
Speaker 3: So yeah, look at that.
Speaker 2: Dan Shack today said, if I haven't made it clear, I'm wearing jaorts that are very short jaws. He said, nice shorts. I said, you can borrow them for day two. He goes, I can't fit in them. I got the stretchy and he goes, maybe, and I gotta be you have the shavy legs, and he goes, I'm out.
Speaker 3: So you know this, this is fitting on.
Speaker 1: I'm on Poker news dot Com and I'm looking at the well, you know, they give the end to day chip gowns. But then there's this hand that was posted. It seems like right at the end of the night, Yes Quint with a massive shout out, massive cooler to end the night, and the hand is Ben Slack and Josh Quint.
Speaker 3: They get in this hand.
Speaker 1: Slack makes it twelve hundred penty three in dre sixtion on on the last level, Slack makes it twelve hundred. Quint three bets to thirty five hundred. Someone else at the table four bets to ten thy five hundred. Slack gets out of the way. Quint five bets. It's vermu Lamata vermu Lamada calls flop comes ten to six deuce with two hearts. Quint bets he just bets. The other guy jams. Quinn calls all in. Quint has aces Vermi Lamada has kings ten six deuce rainbow. Now I bring this up because yours truly had kings to aces in level one and folded.
Speaker 3: Pre flop because you're the best. I mean, it was. It was very.
Speaker 1: Showed the table, so he showed it's the it's the end of level one. This is the last hand before break. Let me find the hand in my hand histories. I am plus one. I look down at two black kings. We're eight handed. We are playing.
Speaker 3: First level.
Speaker 1: I make it six hundred, so big, we're like a bazillion big blinds. Deep Hijack calls folds of the big line. He makes it thirty two hundred. Now it's a little bit awkward because the guy in between us. So I elect to for bet, you know, so sometimes I might just call there. Sometimes I can just four beet, or I can forbet obviously, yes, but I definitely want to forbet with that guy in between. So I make a ten thousand, five hundred. Hijack folds. This guy thinks for a little while, makes it twenty one thousand, okay, and he's got like twenty thousand behind, like twenty five thousand behind, And I'm just like Jesus Lord, here we go. I mean I took like three or four minutes. We like went into the break. I folded. He like starts laughing and shows two red aces. I grabbed my hand, turn over two black kings and this guy into the monk. Huh. They weren't exactly in the monk, okay, And I turned them over, and you know cause I just you know, I felt like I felt, you know, what I wanted. I wanted somebody to see it. There was only two other people at the table because we were into the break. I just wanted somebody to see it that I could have some sort of validation that when I tell people that I actually did this, that like when I'm talking about it now, like yes, it actually happened. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The one guy in the one seat, his name is Jim, and we talked a bit for the day, but he he started calling me super Donnie super as. I mean, you won't get the reference, but super Dave Osborne. Yeah, because of my outfit.
Speaker 3: I don't get to come on, come on, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you I don't know if you would know because it's an American thing. But anyway, so he was like he was calling me super Donnie because of that fold.
Speaker 3: So I mean, what did the guy at the ass say though, That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: I mean, he just said, like, you know, like he was like very good fold and whatever, Like he was kind of like laughing and happy and whatever, like just kind.
Speaker 2: Of he's doubling ninety nine percent of the time. If he just calls your foe bet, get the get the ten hot balled, you're just gonna yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, I don't know. Anyway, very very interesting. So I can say that I folded King's ass prefol out in the w Speman event.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I did it.
Speaker 1: Last year I six bet punted my fucking stack off with King Queen off, and this year I'm folding fucking kings.
Speaker 2: You've improved like me. That means I've evolved. Yeah, let's uh, well, let's let's just wind up back a bit. You got there. What did you think of your starting table? Was your first impression overall? You know, once I started like four.
Speaker 1: We start six handed. It's me on one, so there's five left. Four of them are Japanese, okay, and one was this older guy Jim. The Asian players like they are like they're the new the new kids on the block, like they're taking over. They're everywhere we can think the Missa and the there is no middle ground for the Asian players. They are either really good or they are out of their fucking mind bad. Like there is no middle ground with these players, like absolutely no, Like they are all over the place, like it's just it's there's no like there's no one that's just like kind of like right down the middle, solid, yeah, like you have like they're just they're on the extremes. They just are like and and the ones that are good are really really really good, like they are like really good, you know, and then the ones that are crazy are really really really crazy. So anyway, yeah, that was my thought. So I, you know, I had to sit down and like feel him out. I didn't know anyone at the table. I mean, I wasn't that active early. I wasn't really dealt anything. You start with sixty K. I think I got up to like sixty five or something. Like that sixty seven or whatever before that hand with the kings happened where I fold, I go into the first break with like fifty three or fifty four K.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm honestly, I'm feeling pretty pumped up because I just fold the kings the aces correctly. Like, yeah, wasn't part of me said like, there, it's likely this guy has aces. I mean, yes, the other part of me said, I just I just don't need to. I mean, it's level one of the main I mean, the guy puts half his stack in right, it's like on the on the five beds. So I'm like, you know, he just if this guy just has like the ace king, I mean whatever. I mean, I guess badfold, you know whatever. But I just didn't think that that was possible. So level two, you know, I'm coming back. I'm feeling like pretty good overall about things. I end up just like winning a bunch of pots and I just get like right up to like eighty five K, like within like a half an hour. I'm pretty much every pot that I play, I'm winning. You know, they're all like somewhat sizable. Yeah, So this this one was interesting, and this is kind of like how I decided to approach the main event at least on day one A a little bit more. And listen, I think a lot of what you do on day one A a lot of people might look at you and be like, that's nitty and but I don't necessarily think that that's entirely wrong, because I just this tournament is just so much different. So I feel like you can take these like weirdly more conservative lines with things. So for example, we're now eight handed, and a good Portuguese player who sat down, he raises to eight hundred and level two, so big line's three hundred. I'm next to act plus two. I just call Ace King offa. I just I just don't really feel like there's that much value in like re raising there. You know, I can just play it post pretty fine obviously. If someone wants to re raise behind me, I can act accordingly. So yeah, another player called behind it comes Ace high a seven four with two spades. I had Ace King with the King of spades. First player checked the pre flop raiser, so I was like, okay, I'm just gonna, you know, start value betting. I bet hijack folded. The original rais are called. So it's a seven four with two spades, turns a seven pairs the board. He checks, I bet again, he calls River Aid of diamonds. He checks, I bet again, he calls he is Ace Queen. So you know, good, good hand there kind of also well played by him that he only lost that much, because you know he can he can do some betting. I could maybe raise later on. There was another hand where shortly after that, where I raised the button with seven to five of clubs eight handed, the big blind. I make it eight hundred at three hundred, big blind, the big blind makes it twenty five hundred. Young Asian kid believe he was Japanese. Now this kid, I believe to this point he had already done a couple four bets and like one time he did a four bet and the guy jammed on him whatever, he snap folded, like I mean, he's he seemed like he was just ready to get after it. I would put him in the crazy part of the Asian group. So he three bets of twenty five hundred. I'm like, we're eighty five thousand, big blinds. Deep I call and it comes seven six four with two hearts. I have seven five of clubs. I flop top pair with an open end earth.
Speaker 3: He checks.
Speaker 1: Now I'm like, okay, this might be on the more conservative side of checking, but I think he's checking because the way that he was playing, I would expect him to play aggressively post flop, and one of the ways that you can attack that way on a texture like this is maybe come with like a check raise and just try and like lower the spr as much as possible because we're so deep. So I thought he would be checking like a lot of like pretty good hands as well that might check raise me, like I think he could you know, check raise hearts for example, stuff like that. So I decided to just check back turns the six of clubs pairs of the board. He comes with the lead for twenty five hundred. I call rivers the three of hearts. He ends up betting five thousand. I elect to just call hearts.
Speaker 3: Get there.
Speaker 1: Maybe he has six seven for example for a full house, you know something like that, which I think he's the type of guy who who would three bet like those like you know, six seven, five six at times from the big blind. So anyway, I just call he shows pocket tens and I so I win that pot, but you know, again, like that might be kind of seen as conservative in a lot of spots, but so deep in the main, I feel like I just don't need to blow the pot, you know, ridiculously. Then I get kings again, Conrad, Yeah, exactly. I opened under the gun with kings. Two red kings were eight handed. Person right behind me calls the button, which was this old guy Jim, who at first I was like old man of coffee right, like he's just he's an older gentleman. He seemed like he was playing pretty snug. There were a couple of times when he got he like three bet that younger Asian kid, the kid four bet like he tanked for a long long time. So I was like, oh, he might have like Jackson queens and he feels super uncomfortable here. So there were some of those spots. So he three bets me. So I'm like, immediately, I'm like, well, this is okay whatever. I put the four bet into ten thoy five hundred. The other guy folds and then Jim tanks for like three minutes and folds ace jack off, face up, and I'm like, well, I guess he's not old man coffee.
Speaker 3: He's old man get after it. He's old man red bull.
Speaker 1: So okay, he was like and he's like afterwards, he's like, yeah, you know, I figured I just had one over. And I was like, okay, I mean I was not folding this one if he would have went, And I was like, you know, I mean, like, I guess, I'm just I'm not good enough to fold kinks twice pre I'm just I'm stopping at one. Okay, I'm stopping at one. So that hand with the ace jack, and there were a couple other hands. There were maybe one or two other hands with that guy Jim. After the ace jackhand, which which led to this next hand, Hijack opens to eight hundred. The cutoff calls the cut off is this guy, Jim. Hijack opens, cut off calls, I'm in the big blind with Jack's I call becomes Ace Queen eight, Ace Queen of Diamonds eight of Club's action checks around, turns to the nine of Clubs. It's now Diamond Diamond Club Club.
Speaker 3: I check.
Speaker 1: Hijack checks Jim Betts fifteen hundred. I call other guy full river is a jack of spades. I make a set. I check, he bets twenty five hundred, and I'm like, this guy's three bet nace jack off and like tanking like he's gonna possibly go with it. I'm like, there's been some other couple of questionable value bets at times. So I'm like, Okay, I don't think this is one of the worst hands. I feel like I call, you know, so I call. He's got ten nine harts, so he got there, made it straight. So it's kind of like whatever. But you know, I after seeing what I saw, I was like, I don't think I can fold this hand. So yeah, and there were there were definitely a couple of other hands where I was like, okay, it's it's I think that was a fine call at the end of the day. You know, a couple of times he did the like you know, he got called in the river. He's like king Hi, like that sort of stuff. So I'm like, yeah, I mean whatever, he could probably have anything there. Oh this hand. So I played this hand against the Portuguese guy. This is this is the last hand of level two. Okay, Portuguese guy who's who's a good solid player. He opens from the cutoff seat to eight hundred. I call the button with pocket threes. Everyone else folds. It comes six six five rainbow, he checks, I bet, he check raises. I bet a thousand, he check raised to three thousand. I call turn is a four. He goes very small two thousand. I call where he was a king. It goes check check. He has queen four turned a four, so, you know, willing to get after it on that sort of flop. I don't hate the way that this hand played out. I think it seems pretty fine overall. I probably would have obviously folded to a bet on the river.
Speaker 3: I think. So here's a.
Speaker 1: Hand, for example, This one is against that guy Jim. He opens to a thousand, and then this is level three. We're playing two hundred four, and he makes it one thousand from the lowjack. I called the big blind with ace seven of clubs. It comes eight six four two hearts. Or sorry, I called button big blind, called my fault. It comes eight six' four two. Hearts it checks, around turns the ace of, spades big blind. Checks jim bets one. THOUSAND i call big blind fold river is another. Eight he thinks for like a long, time and then he, checks and THEN i, check and he's Got King jack, off, so you, know betting the turn With King, JACK i didn't think he was gonna call worse on the. River that's WHY i checked. Back so, whatever but again like he's willing to kind of stab in there at. Times this hand was against My portuguese. Friend he's in the small. Blind i'm in the big. Line it folds to. Him he, calls we're nine handed. Now Melanie wisner joins the table to my. Left i'm in the big line With jack three. HEARTS i, check it Comes jack nine seven, rainbow but with one. Heart he bets four, hundred which is big line's three. Hundred so he bets four, hundred right is it once you, no big one's four. Hundred he bets the minimum four. HUNDRED i call turn. Six it goes check check the river is an. Ace he over bets four. THOUSAND i thought about, it AND i, SAID i don't think it makes sense for him to bet an ace on the. Flop he had raised twice from the small blind against my big blind. Before SO i, thought, hands, like you, know ace jack PROBABLY ace, nine not a. Seven but, okay WHATEVER i. THOUGHT i thought the ace JACK ace nine would probably just raise pre flop because he seemed like a guy that would attack from the small, blind SO i just. DIDN'T i also thought that like on that sort of, texture maybe he just checks like The ace highs of the. World like it just seemed like a weird to bet, that AND i can call him position a lot and you're kind of in this weird no man's lane With ace.
Speaker 3: High SO i thought about it for a.
Speaker 1: WHILE i also thought a hand LIKE i don't know if he happened to bet like a six seven then he and then he turns two, pair. OKAY i thought this might be something like like a ten to nine type of, hand like has the pair but also has the blocker to the stray like, Okay SO i called he has jack nine for two. Pairs SO i lost that one this, Hand so now this hand is against the the kid WHO i deemed is like the crazy. One he was the Younger asian, kid probably the youngest player at the, table and was certainly getting after it and getting. Involved he opens from plus two to eleven hundred and we are now we are now in level, four by the, way we are now in level, four and he opens to eleven hundred plus. TWO i call ace queen off from the big blind with the ace of hearts in my. Hand it comes ten to seven seven with two. HEARTS i, check he bets eight. HUNDRED i call turns a deuce of. HEARTS i, check he bets eighteen. HUNDRED i call, rivers the king of. CLUBS i. Check he thinks for like a minute and a, half AND i was, thinking if he, BETS i might check rays BECAUSE i can block with this ace of. HEARTS i can have sevens, here et. Cetera so, anyway he ends up checking. Back he has King. Queen SO i get sucked out on against this kid. HERE i, mean it's, whatever you, know but he's you, know barreling off the flop and turn ends up getting there on the.
Speaker 3: RIVER i had.
Speaker 1: Aces another time in. Here this was this was a. Hand this was against our, Guy. JIM i opened plus two to twelve hundred with ace king. Off the cutoff calls the button Calls jim's in the big. Blind he makes it eighty five. HUNDRED i just call both the others. Fold it comes queen high queen four three rainbow check. Check i'm in position On. Jim deuce on the. Turn another rainbow. Card check check, Again river is a. King he bets sixty five. HUNDRED i elect to just. CALL i thought this was probably bluffs and like he could have like, queens you, know he'd like, raising and he's just like checking to like try and get me to catch up, Somehow SO i just call his a Shack off says. High so again he's certainly you, know willing to willing to bluff this hand With JACK'S i thought was. Interesting My portuguese friend makes it twelve. HUNDRED i call with. Jacks the big blind calls it comes eight seven four, rainbow big, blind and My portuguese friend.
Speaker 3: CHECK i bet fifteen. Hundred big.
Speaker 1: Mindfolds the other guy calls turn is the eight pairs the top card on the. Board he, CHECKS i bet four. Thousand he Calls rivers a king and ends up going check. Check he had ace high ace five of, spades which so these. HANDS i like these hands because NOW i know he has a gutter on the, flop, RIGHT i believe there was also one spade on the. Flop he had ace five of, spades so he could have turned some flush straws in addition to having that. Gutter but then When he also calls on the. Turn the reason WHY i like these is because it feels like he shows me. Respect if he's calling with ace, high he THINKS i can be betting with obviously worse HAD i Had kings two times, more and the last handle level was WHEN i had him the second. Time and this is the big hand that you, know really kind of messed me. UP i got back down to fifty, five fifty fifty five something like. THAT i end up getting it like all the way back up to like eighty, six just like winning aboutch of. Pots then this hand comes. Up the Young asian kid makes it twelve hundred from plus. Two i'm in the big line with Black. KINGS i make it fifty eight. Hundred he thinks for a little bit and he calls, AGAIN i have like eighty FIVE.
Speaker 3: K he has like EIGHTY. K it comes four deuce juice.
Speaker 1: RAINBOW i got forty five hundred INTO i think it was forty five hundred and twelve five.
Speaker 3: Ish he raises to eleven.
Speaker 1: Five so Now i'm, like, okay, MAN i know that this kid's kind of been, blasting So i'm just gonna call to keep all bluffs. IN i was like you, know there is a chance he has aces. Here BUT i also feel LIKE i think you can flat like this in position with aces maybe being this, deep he just wants to, like you, know not just go nuts pre flop and like get all the.
Speaker 3: MONEY i mean.
Speaker 1: WHATEVER i, mean not that it's bad to get all the, money and of, course but maybe he doesn't Think i'm just gonna get all the money in so, anyway, Whatever BUT i also thought that with his image that he had so, far he would probably just forbet the, aces because IF i have a good, HAND i shouldn't give this guy. Credit he has four, bet he has four bet folded at least twice, already if not three.
Speaker 3: Times so he, anyway he just calls some, position so he.
Speaker 1: Raises me on the. Flop so Now i'm, like, Okay i'm, LIKE i think this is. Bluffs maybe he thinks like tens are good and he's like trying to put pressure on Ace king to then HOPEFULLY i, call BECAUSE i don't THINK i would Fold Ace. KING i would, call and then he can just play it like a check check on the, turn because IF i end up just going like bet bet bet With Ace king, somehow then then maybe he like doesn't feel like he can call, down SO i don't.
Speaker 3: Know, ALSO i was, like maybe he has a five six.
Speaker 1: Suited if he's got like you, know five six of diamonds spades or clubs which are on the, flop he's got the gutter of, course you, know maybe he has a hand LIKE i don't, KNOW ace four, suited where it's LIKE ace four, spades which two pair plus a. Gutter ALTHOUGH i think he would call those. HANDS i also thought he could have all these like random bluffs like The jack, ten's the ten, nines like The Queen, jack's like all that sort of.
Speaker 3: Stuff that's just the.
Speaker 1: BLUFFS i, thought if he has a hand like you, Know Ace, Queen ace, jack maybe SOME ace ten, suited he's probably just gonna call me a position if he wants to. Continue and then there was a part of me that, said maybe he's getting in there WITH ace two, suited which is, Tricky yeah, right because Then I'm i'm. Behind so, anyway SO i just Call turns The queen Of, spades which brings the second. SPADE i do have The king Of spades in my. HAND i, check he. Checks i'm, like, Okay river is The queen Of, diamonds so it Comes Queen.
Speaker 3: QUEEN i thought about.
Speaker 1: BETTING i, said you know WHAT i can Just i'm just gonna let this kid kind of you, know.
Speaker 3: DONUTS i.
Speaker 1: Check he bets twenty six five, hundred believe that the pot was thirty four to thirty five. THOUSAND i take whatever a minute or, so And i'm, LIKE i don't THINK i can't fold kings to this. KID i JUST i can't do, It like you, KNOW i call he's Got Ace, queen so.
Speaker 3: And LIKE i was like.
Speaker 1: THINKING i was, LIKE i was, like the only probably the only queen THAT i feel like he should have BECAUSE i Block King queen because the. BLUFFS i thought Like Queen jack could be some of the, bluffs like if he has like the ten, nines The jack ten's because he's raising the Flop like that's WHAT i was, thinking the. Bluffs BUT i was also, THINKING i, mean wouldn't he just, like if you're gonna, bluff wouldn't you maybe just float with those hands and then bluff on a later. Street SO i don't know, it JUST i was like AND i was, like why would he Have Ace? Queen like that doesn't making ANY i don't. Know why would he be raising the flop with ace. QUEEN i feel like you would just if you have ace queen, there you just would call the. FLOP i don't. Know so, ANYWAY i called the ace queen AND i was, LIKE i was just annoyed because he beat me in his hand AND i was just, like but that's this is the one where LIKE i wish we just played another hand right. AWAY i had to leave and go to break AND i was just like frustrated BECAUSE i went from eighty five down to forty with his hand AND i was just, like, man come, on like, really like like the theme of the day is. KINGS i had the kings THAT i folded pre. FLOP i mean correctly so to, aces but still it's, like you, know it's it's like a weird feeling when you do. That i'm not Sure i've done that, before definitely not in the main, event but that's also might be weirdly where it's the easiest to do, it but it's still like it's still LIKE i had DID i, KING i had kings like AND i just FOLDED i had, Kings like what AM i? Doing but THEN i lost with these, here so this, HAND i THINK i actually screwed.
Speaker 3: UP i made.
Speaker 1: Quads so we get back from the. Break SO i had that hand WHEN i had, KINGS i was in the big. Blind we get back from the, break we play a couple, hands And i'm in the cutoff HERE i HAVE ace nine of clubs folds to, me it's three hundred and six. HUNDRED i make it twelve, hundred just a min. Raise i'm a little bit shorter now still, deep, yes but shorter, Whatever So i'm fine mis. Raising small blind calls big blind. Call small blind was An asian. Kid he knew The portuguese, GUY i believe from like online and he had a lot of results on his on the app From Gigi, poker and he was playing very. Solid he was very. Good he was, aggressive so like selectively. Aggressive the Other asian, kid the young kid was like wildly. Aggressive this Other asian kid was a little bit older and seemed very like selective but like very. Good so, ANYWAY i. Raise they both call it comes ACE ace five with two. Diamonds they both. CHECK i bet a, thousand small bind. Fold big blind calls turn is an.
Speaker 3: ACE i make. Quads he.
Speaker 1: CHECKS i decided just just to bet, small SO i bet TWO. K he Calls river is a, five so now it's ace ace, five ace five full house on the. Board he thinks for like thirty seconds to the point WHERE i like didn't know if it was on me or, him and he, checks and THEN i thought about WHAT i should, do AND i went with an over, bet AND i THINK i should have bet. TINY i should have bet like ONE k to induce him to like spaz out and do something. RIDICULOUS i over bet and he TOOK i don't, know forty five seconds and then, Folded SO i THINK i should have bet. Small, yeah SO i screwed that one, UP i, THINK i, MEAN i don't know for, sure BUT i think then this hand happens in the last, level so, yeah let me just tell the.
Speaker 3: Hand Then i'm gonna just be.
Speaker 1: PISSED i know this is like probably really boring for, people BUT i also know some people like it and they always say they want more hand in for, Her So i'm. Sorry Melanie wisner raises under the gun to fifteen. Hundred it's three hundred and six. Hundred we're in the last. Level we're nine. Hnded she makes a fifteen hundred under the. Gun the cutoff, calls that's my, Buddy. Jim the small blind, calls that's My portuguese, friend the good. PLAYER i look down and see red aces in the big. Blind i'm, like oh, baby AND i got. DOWN i lost a bunch of pots during this, level like kind of getting dealt, out kind of just calling some, raises nothing materializing THAT i can't, continue like just weird. Stuff we're not weird, stuff just stuff that is basically blocking me from continuing. Whatever SO i get, ACES i make it so it's fifty hundred call. CALL i make it seven thousand in the big blind with thirty, thousand five hundred. Behind she thinks for a little while and then she, calls. Okay Then jim. Calls then mister small blind, calls And i'm, like here we. Go i'm, like, lovely can this just be the fucking king seven deuce rainbow flop? Police one time it Comes Queen queen, nine two, clubs one.
Speaker 3: Spade it's, like this is there's no Way i'm, hitting Like i'm winning this.
Speaker 1: HAND i feel like, right small blind, CHECKS i decide best course of action is just check somehow some, way like HOPEFULLY i can just like somehow get the showdown and this is just. GOOD i, Check melanie, Checks jim, Checks turn three, clubs, like, oh it just gets, Better.
Speaker 3: LIKE i have two red acesm small blind.
Speaker 1: Checks i'm, like all, right, Check melanie, Checks jim, Checks river six. Clubs i'm just, like what in the world small blind. Checks i'm, like all, right, Check melanie, Checks jim, Checks Small blind turns Over King queen For trips and says somebody has to have a, club, RIGHT i obviously.
Speaker 3: DON'T i don't even beat fucking trip. Queens SO i muck.
Speaker 1: Rolls Over jack's with The jack Of clubs and jimbo over there's. MUCKs lord knows what he. Had so so that was a frustrating hand just, because LIKE i, mean the thing is is LIKE i DON'T i do. THINK i Think melanie was kind of close to folding. Preflop she made it kind of a comment, afterwards AND i do believe. Her she's, LIKE i kind of wanted to fold pre flop BECAUSE i, said you, KNOW i, said, well at least you didn't go all in because you busted me or like kind of. Joking but she's, like WHAT i wanted to fold AND i do kind of believe her with the way that she was. Acting but, anyway, yeah so there's THAT i had aces again in this, Level, DUDE i had, Aces you're A i am a card wreck. TODAY i had aces four, times had kings four, times AND i had jacks. TWICE i believe IN i had ace king four, times five times four offsuit one suitor to a.
Speaker 3: SPACE i get. Aces.
Speaker 1: Here My portuguese friend raises under the. GUN i three bet from plus one the two to my. Left the Good age kid thinks for a, while ask me how MUCH i, have And i'm, like he's gonna for bet for, sure because every time he did like, this he for. Bet he four bets twelve. HUNDRED i make it thirty, seven he makes it eighty. Five it folds back to. ME i have like thirty two thousand, total And i'm, like, hmm.
Speaker 3: MAYBE i could just. FLAT i could also RAISE i DID i made it fifteen and he.
Speaker 1: Folded so, anyway, wit you made it thirty seven thirty, seven he made it eighty. FIVE i made it fifteen.
Speaker 3: Four, Well i've been like a like a literal.
Speaker 1: CLICKBACK i mean that's like Twelve, OH i MEAN i THINK i could have just like. FLATTED i THINK i could have IF i was in position somehow in this this world of this, HAND i probably just flat and.
Speaker 3: PLAY i don't. KNOW i Sometimes i'm just LIKE i don't need to like get to get too.
Speaker 1: CUTE i have ass IT'S i don't think there's any necessarily a problem with just you, know raising again and trying to get the money and. Whatever then the second to last hand of the, night WHICH i don't know about this one, MAN i don't know. IT i Have Ace King, SHOCKER i have another good hand folds to me on the. BUTTON i have The ace Of, Diamonds king Of. Clubs second to last hand of the, NIGHT i make a twelve hundred big blind the Good asian, kid he calls it Comes Ace jack eight with two, Clubs ace Of clubs and the eight Of. CLUBS i have The king Of clubs in my, hand he. CHECKS i bet one. Thousand he, calls turns the nine of. Hearts he leads fifteen.
Speaker 3: Hundred what do you? Do probably?
Speaker 1: CALL i went with, Call, yeah the river is the four of, Clubs SO i MEAN i have The King clubs in my. Hand and he comes with a fairly big bet seventy five, hundred thought about all, options AND i honestly, folded and, Yeah i'm just frustrated BECAUSE i don't know IF i did the right. THING i, MEAN i thought about like jamming and leveraging the fact THAT i have The king clubs in my, hand BUT i just got gun, shy and, yeah So i'm not happy with this, hand with the way that it finished. OUT i thought that he probably just has like some sort of two, pair like a jack nine and eight nine something like. That so, Yeah i'm just Not i'm not necessarily happy with that last. Hand, OVERALL i had aces four, TIMES i had kings four. TIMES i bag thirty five eight. Hundred SO i just f and suck And i'm pissed off at myself because it's just. Unbelievable, YEAH i understand, that but Like i'm just frustrated, That like you, Know i'm just frustrated, because like you we joke all the, time LIKE i just want aces all. DAY i mean pretty much had aces all fucking day and nothing. Happened LIKE i, MEAN i obviously lost the good, side the one with that WHEN i had the red aces and whatever the four way, POT i obviously had to fold the kings the one TIME i lost the kings in that huge pot the other, time so, like you, know this is, again this is the, tilts me getting the tilt. Out you, Know i'm gonna Get i'm gonna get. Home you, Know i'm gonna let my dogs. Out they're gonna cheer me.
Speaker 3: Up you. Know i'm.
Speaker 1: Shore my daughter is probably in my bed like she is every, night but you, know and everything will be, fine And i'll be, like you know, what what's the big blind gonna be eight, hundred SO i have forty fifty big lines. Apes, yeah SO i mean it's a. Lot So i'm, fine like it's it's, fine BUT i am still annoyed. That like you in a way you kind of dream, about you, know just give me aces and kings all. DAY i had aces and kings all fucking. DAY i had them eight times. TOTAL i had jacks. TWICE i had ace king five. Times AND i have JUST i feel LIKE i should have three hundred, thousand you, Know LIKE i feel LIKE i should have three hundred. Thousand So i'm Just i'm just frustrated with. It, YEAH i like it's also one of those days WHERE i don't and and these days go both. WAYS i don't know, Now Like I'M i can obviously review the, stuff AND i. DO i wrote down every single hand THAT i, played and as you guys, know BECAUSE i just went over a lot of them with the. Handustries BUT I i don't. KNOW i feel LIKE i feel LIKE i had to play. BAD i don't exactly know IF i, did BUT i also feel LIKE i had to because how DO i get that any good cards at a table when people are fairly, aggressive AND i don't now the one time when the guy had These queen AND i had The, kings it was a bad run out and he got lucky on me and that was the biggest.
Speaker 3: Part it was a NINETY k.
Speaker 1: Pot so, like if that goes my, way then it's an entirely different story of the. Day so, YES i got. Unlucky but like also it's like SHOULD i fold that? RIVER i, mean it's just. Yeah SO i just don't. Know and WHEN i say, that this this thing goes both. Ways because you can, play you can LIKE i, could let's SAY i finished with three HUNDRED. K i could THINK i played incredible AND i could have played a complete, dolt you, Know, like but you think you play. Amazing so, like, now MAYBE i didn't play bad AND i just ran, shitty But i'm thinking THAT i played, bad, Right SO i JUST i need to review. IT i need to just go through. It i'm just in my feelings right now about the whole effing, thing because it was just a very frustrating. Day at the end of the, Day i'm human and it's just annoying to. Me i'll get over it in an hour and That's i'll move on with my. Life but, Yeah i'll be. Back i'll be ready to go for day. TWO i got plenty of chips to work, with you. KNOW i just, thought how CAN i be such a card wreck and have thirty five K, NOW i will Say i'm amped up THAT i folded The king's d aces pre AND i like that was.
Speaker 3: CORRECT i was. Right the guy showed.
Speaker 1: Amazing, okay, fine like you, know BUT i JUST i kind of just wish THAT i was rewarded for making that good, fold you, know in a weird fucking, way you, know but nothing is deserved in this, life so the hell with it. Anyway, anyway, thoughts, PLEASE i need to stop talking to talk.
Speaker 2: PLEASE i, mean LIKE i, said you made it. THROUGH i think you have to just focus on the next. DAY i can't really think about the seventeen million pocket aces you were dealt result half a starting stack because plenty of people on the rail that you, know SO i don't KNOW i think of. IT i think it put away differently, now so you, Know, okay on to the next one on the next day and just take it as they take, it as it's dealt to. You but, yeah kind of just some some of those hands just kind of shitty runouts and shitty, spots and you know you have to just, HEY i got away from it here or you, know made a good fold, there and kind of, be you, know mentally prepared for day two because something're going to get more exhausting as we keep.
Speaker 3: Going we'll.
Speaker 1: See but all, right that was my day in THE wsp main. EVENT i bagged thirty five eight hundred from a starting sack of SIXTY. K i think it's the Lowest i've ever. Bagged day one last, YEAR i, KNOW i bagged like one hundred and sixty or something and then.
Speaker 3: Gave it all.
Speaker 1: Away the other two, DAYS i THINK i bagged around starting like fifty or fifty FIVE.
Speaker 3: K or something like.
Speaker 1: That so, anyway if you THINK i played, bad let me, know talk in the comments. Whatever you, Know i'm not gonna not be transparent about. Things, yeah and the people that you see in this fucking, TOURNAMENT i, mean it's it's just. Outrageous there was there was one. Guy one guy was at another, table but he had a friend at my. Table he kept coming over and like you you could just tell the way that he was, talking the verbiage that he was. Using there's no way he's ever winning in. Poker i'm, sorry this just no, Way like you, know he was like he would like come over and just like basically.
Speaker 3: Brag about, everything like winning.
Speaker 1: Hands he's like, he's, oh, Yeah i'm just you, KNOW i JUST i just need to get back, to you, know playing my, game just like smashing these, people you. Know like but he's like saying this like, loud it's like everyone can. Hear SO i just, need you, Know i'm down a little. BIT i, GO i just gotta play my. GAME i just gotta, smash you, know like. Whatever and then he told he told this hand. History he's he gets all in with he ends up Having queen eight Against, kings AND i think he flopped two pair and got his money in and doubled up against.
Speaker 3: The guy with, kings and he ended up making a full. House but he gets all.
Speaker 1: In he's like yelling from his table and he's all in to his friend at our, table so he doubles up with that. Hand he comes over afterwards and his friend is, like you, KNOW i basically asked him how the hand played, out and this guy told quite possibly the worst hand HISTORY i have ever heard in the history of. Mankind like he's first of, all he said he called on the. Button he's, LIKE i was the last one. In, well you're not if you're on the button because there's the blinds behind, you like so you, know like that's problem number. One then he, says after the flop it Comes queen a. Whatever he's LIKE i. Checked i'm, like well that's also not possible because you're on the button, Now like so what what exactly is happening in This i'm like so like Like i'm just, like you, know it's just like and then his buddy was, like, yeah but were you all in pre flop or you, know post, Flop LIKE i was, like oh, NO i would never go all. In with that pre flop never, NEVER i, want you, KNOW i WANTED i needed to what he used a specific, TERM i wanted. TO i wanted to to smash my two pair And i'm just like what what like what is going? On so, anyway so that was. Funny, Jim jim was. Hilarious we started. Talking he's calling me freaking Super Donnie osborne or whatever the hell the whole. Time then he at one point he like he just, Says he's, Like he's, LIKE i The portuguese guy says something LIKE i get to play poker In vegas or something like, that And jim, says, Like jim basically makes a comment that Says I'm i'm. Nationwide but that's what he, said And i'm just, like what the what the hell is this guy? Talking he, Said i'm, nationwide And i'm, like, okay and then he goes and then he goes to the tune of two and twenty, million And melanie AND i, like what are you talking? About and then he goes into this whole thing how he manages all this, money and like whatever the fun that he manages twenty? Million, now got? It We melanie looked him. Up it seems pretty. Legit he was giving all these stock Tips. Melody melanie was grilling him for like an, hour like what are your stock? Tips like he's like talking all this. STOCK i mean basically it was what you already. Know the first thing he said was Buy amazon and. Hold he, said just. Hold he, said just buy the top five and hold. Them, yeah it doesn't. Matter although he is bearish On, tesla specifically banging right. Now, yeah but he, said he, says it's so, inflated.
Speaker 3: It's like not even. FUNNY i didn't have much.
Speaker 1: Intestine but he was also saying like he's like listen because Because melody was like, yeah but LIKE i want something right. NOW i want something right, now and the guy was, like, Listen falk's on About ryan. Now he, said the best the people all the, money the people of the money THAT i. Manage the ones that do the best are the ones THAT i talked to once or twice a year because they just put their money in and they don't talk about it and.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Exactly, SEE i know, YOU i know you do. THIS i look to do this, Too like you just kind of set it and forget forget. It so, yeah so so he was he was talking about that sort of. Stuff he. Is he was pretty bullish on. Bitcoin he said that is. Good he, said his entire fund, ALLOCATES i, believe he, said twelve percent to.
Speaker 3: Bitcoin that's that's a pretty Big and they.
Speaker 1: Were in on bitcoin when it was twelve thousand Because melanie, said when did you like realize that like? Bitcoin he basically he said bitcoin is here to stay and it's just not going to.
Speaker 3: Fail it's too big.
Speaker 1: Whatever and then she, said you, know well when did you realize that was the? Case he, said, RIGHT i think right around when it was twelve. Thousand so if that's the, case he's made a good amount of money on. It, yeah but, yeah, overall you, know he was pretty much just like you, know Buy, amazon Buy, meta buy the big.
Speaker 3: Things you.
Speaker 1: Know he got Into apple when they were when it was super. Old you, know they still hold it to this. Day he was saying, like, yeah you know we, like you, know forty fifty million dollars In apple is like what we bought.
Speaker 3: Like stuff like. That you.
Speaker 1: Know so, anyway very interesting, conversation very interesting. Conversation and THEN i don't know HOW i feel about. This they the camera was on me a lot. Today, yeah and like a lot of people were like who the fuck is this? Guy AND i kept just trying to like play it, off like well do you see What i'm? Wearing like, yeah like obviously, whatever but like when they start talking to you, whatever it's kind of and then like the portugu guy was, like, no they know. You they know you because like they, would, Hey, donnie how's it, going you know. Whatever SO i don't, know Maybe i'm just gonna got to be.
Speaker 3: Income you need the air pods and you won't hear. Anyone, no BUT i got to just be. Incognito, yeah maybe not worth the brightest jacket in the. Room, WELL i wanted to be festival fun with. IT i was a big. Fan it was a good. Day, WELL i mean it wasn't a good.
Speaker 1: Day it. Was it was good THAT i. Bagged it was good to. Play so like there's the good parts about. It the bad part was That i'm just tilted by the.
Speaker 3: Results but can't be. Results.
Speaker 2: Oarrenton it was one fifty four, am So i'm going to blast through some info real, quick real. Quick eight Hundred Summer celebration won By Italian Giuseppe. Zabo he topped seven thousand and seventy eight. Entrants he won half a million bucks matulations To giuseppe the ten k a game they just bagged. Up, Actually Eric watson holding a commanding chip lead Over Mike gordinski's got ten point one million To goro's one point. Five they are playing for four hundred and twenty TWO k guaranteed two seventy. Seven John turner in, Third Ryan tate was of a nine and four Kle Burns Kangaroo, crew fifth, Place Bradley jansen Six Thomas taylor seventh, place and your boy missed one hundred and forty one. Dollars Jeremy Osmas Final Table bubble eighth. Place we had ONE k no lem and hold him kickoff today two day Event.
Speaker 3: TURBO i mean the thing is hold on.
Speaker 1: Quickly we're now up to five hundred and seventeen points in, fantasy which is sixteenth. Place now that doesn't sound that great when first place IS btg they Got oney.
Speaker 3: Fifteen BUT.
Speaker 1: I mean we're only two hundred and twenty five points half. Cashing it's not like like the cashing is right. There yeah, yeah so then reading is pretty much not, possible but cashing is still well within reasons.
Speaker 3: Even songs going to win the main.
Speaker 2: Event so we'll find that one K Nolman holdam just burst the bubble chip Leader Sean Dee. Wow and you know we touched on Some player of The year, stuff how he's maybe skipping the main. Event this could be a case right here where he's going to play these events two day ONE k no, limit you, know put that stamp on The player of the, year twenty freeze out two hundred and nine nine players down to twenty.
Speaker 3: FIVE i think they just bagged.
Speaker 2: Yep Piwal brezeski is a chipley at a five point five Million Victor dozeveski sill in, there fourth place on the, chip counces Out lord And savior, Himself kerry kats fourth and chips. There and that's kind of it for what's going on with The World series.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow do you know what events starting the main? Event?
Speaker 2: Correct no other event is starting just the main Event day, ONE i would.
Speaker 3: Hope, so, yeah it's going to be a big one we. Expect before we end.
Speaker 2: It before we hit that two am Quick Community cards, segment the hat's are flying. Out, okay they're going, left they're going. Right they're going to send To nick stopped me WHILE i had a mouthful of high tews about a, hat got him a.
Speaker 3: HAT i had another as that ONE i.
Speaker 2: Had we've had many of many saying people saying massive family part or shout out family, part like using the, whole you, know always a shout out. Massive it's becoming a, thing like it's becoming a. THING i swear in the.
Speaker 1: Email somehow if you could somehow like control f massive for all of like poker content, written it's, everywhere it's by far the most.
Speaker 2: Useful, yeah, yeah so seeing a lot of. THAT i want to play a quick video From Michael. Laramer he sent to.
Speaker 3: Us this is the.
Speaker 2: Email i've been listening to your part and watching your streams a bit too much around my, daughter who just turned. Three for, CONTEXT i heard her talking to herself about poker. Goes, okay so this video attached Producer rich played. Here you guys can hear?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: Now oh.
Speaker 1: What are those poker?
Speaker 3: Out those are your poker?
Speaker 2: Goes so, yeah it looks like his daughter likes to say poker. Goes maybe you need to work on. That michael sean monahand he sent a picture through. Us it was a picture of The poker podcast hat and E Cw MUSIC. Cd you know when we're talking ABOUT ecw other, day sound was pretty. Cool shout out To Andy. Hardelberg he was playing today over there In Horse Shoe vnsana bag seventy two, too so. Congrats he was wearing the podcast At nice And. Proud and then a little shout out to a listener of, ours a friend of ours medium Member Chad.
Speaker 3: Holloway he was. Got he was on the feature table. Today did you hear about? THIS i see that he bagged one hundred and Twenty.
Speaker 2: He bagged one hundred and twenty eight. Thousand he came up to, me he, Goes he's, like, oh, YEAH i was up. There you, KNOW i talked about, you which you know led to us playing the shop ad and then produce a pat telling me to run and sit in the. AUDIENCE i sat in the audience, emotionless you, know to the laughs Of David tuckley in The Country.
Speaker 3: Rooth but, Yeah chad was up there one hundred and twenty eight.
Speaker 2: K he played some hands, questionably he, said so he wants to review those on the Next Poker go. Podcast but, otherwise, yeah day one c THE wsp main event is in the bag day one day. Tomorrow that's gonna be day forty of The World. Series when you got eleven more to go coming on an end very.
Speaker 1: Quickly, YEAH i mean, LISTEN i HOPE i can turn things around On.
Speaker 3: Sunday you'll be. Fine, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 1: Just i'm still. JUST i, mean you guys can obviously you can understand HOW i. Feel maybe maybe you. DON'T i don't know, whatever who?
Speaker 3: Cares All? Right we? Done? Yeah all?
Speaker 1: Right Cool Houston. Duckworth I'm Donnie, peters and we will talk to you on the next.
Speaker 3: Episode, yeah