Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection and right here with you we have Diana Radcliffe here and she is one of the board members here with the b c c A. And we've got lots of lots of good things coming our way. First of all, remind people what bc c A stands for, because I.
Speaker 2: Know Bartlesville Concert No, Bartlesville Community Concert Association.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: We've got some great shows coming up. Can you tell us about this one that's coming.
Speaker 3: Up real quick?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we have.
Speaker 2: It's called sale On and it's a Beach Boys tribute band.
Speaker 4: They're young, they're very handsome. I don't know wherever that right here there you go, and it's all the all the great stuff, all the great music. Oh yeah, help help me, run, help me, you know, all the good stuff.
Speaker 1: Sure, I love that stuff. I grew up on it and it brings back nothing but the endless summer, if you know what I absolutely.
Speaker 2: Absolutely you know, I was thinking about this or what to say on the radio, and you know, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: My friends say do you remember when you do? You remember when we And I kind of don't. But you play a song and.
Speaker 2: I remember instantly where it was, what I was doing, who I was with, and I think music.
Speaker 4: You know, this is a little.
Speaker 2: Beach Boys was you know, I was a little young for Beach Boys, but I know all the songs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, throws a smile on your face.
Speaker 3: You bet you.
Speaker 1: This is going to be great. Now, how do people get tickets for the upcoming show?
Speaker 2: You can go to bccmusic dot org. Yeah, and you can call the community I guess it's called the Center now.
Speaker 4: It's going to be on.
Speaker 2: April twenty eighth at seven thirty pm at the Community Center.
Speaker 4: Well I heard they change the name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit of both, trying.
Speaker 4: To stay current.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be a great time. I think kids would love it, honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: I mean, why not introduce them to a whole generation of great music. Get them off the phone for a minute, you know, and the parents are going to.
Speaker 4: Sing to it.
Speaker 3: Introduce them to those good vibrations.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: But you've got a whole concert series coming up, But boy, what a way to lead it off.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what else do we have?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I need to talk about next season. The twenty twenty five twenty twenty six season, and everyone needs to know that the board goes through great length trying to pick music for a community, which is not always easy because everyone has their own taste, their own style, but you're you're.
Speaker 4: Thinking of the community, so there's a lot of thought in it.
Speaker 2: So we have the Secret Agents that's uh, that'll be in October, and it's a sixties jazz cinema, pop rock and R and B, R and B, so.
Speaker 1: That covers a lot of genres, but it sounds like one very cool package.
Speaker 2: So it's it's also going to be visually entertaining, you bet.
Speaker 4: And then we have the Dan Miller.
Speaker 2: Amer Acoustic and uh, they are Western music, humor, history, poetry, so you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have it all definitely American.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's two of them, so that ought to be cool.
Speaker 2: And c C to Nils and this is Divas of Soul. Sounds fabulous and everyone knows the song.
Speaker 4: Ari spct tell me what it needs.
Speaker 2: To be sucked anyway, she'll be singing stuff in that genre. And then we're gonna finish it off in April twenty twenty six with Laurel Canyon and this is well for his older people, The Birds, Buffalo Springfields, Carol King, James Taylor, the mam Is in the Papa Is, Jonie Mitchell, Mitchell Crosby, Steeles and Nash, the Eagles, Linda rod Stand, Jackson Brown.
Speaker 4: I don't know how much better you can get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's that's my playlist.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, So if you go online, it will it'll direct you to all the concerts.
Speaker 3: Sure, what are.
Speaker 4: These called q codes?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, QR codes, QR codes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're getting fancy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 4: Just put your little phone on there and you can right there. Yeah, so quickly.
Speaker 2: You can donate money to the b CCA, or you can become a member, which would be really great. The members that we have are fabulous. There's still members there from ten years ago, so really dedicated people, you know, and like all groups, we need more community to come in. And if you get to be if you become a board member, maybe you can like get your music.
Speaker 4: Playing at the BCCA. So it benefits everywhere. What else do I need to talk about?
Speaker 2: Oh, season tickets, if you want the fancy seats one hundred and forty dollars, that's.
Speaker 4: It for four times.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, that's unbelievable for.
Speaker 4: The fancy seats.
Speaker 2: And then you can do the medium, which is seventy five dollars, which is still cheap for four concerts.
Speaker 4: What else are you going to do that cheap?
Speaker 2: Do you go to McDonald's a cheap and you're getting like an hour and a half of your entertainment and.
Speaker 4: Not gain any weight, honest?
Speaker 2: And then if you want a little even less expensive but still enjoyable, forty dollars for four concerts, it's ten bucks a concert.
Speaker 1: That's that is insanely good value right there, all the way around.
Speaker 5: And then it says here college students with a valid college ID are admitted free, minor students are free within a company and adult and I think you have to have like an idea that says you're a college student, because I don't think they'd believe me if I sit as a counst.
Speaker 3: Not an idea.
Speaker 1: But this is tremendous and it's a great value, and it's all right here in our community, the Martinsville community.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our community has a great community. And I think music, like I already said, it takes you anywhere.
Speaker 2: And you just never forget it, even if you don't know it.
Speaker 4: You don't forget it.
Speaker 1: On top of that, you have the best stage and the best auditorium, the best acoustics anywhere around. And I challenged anybody to find better in Tulsa or Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: We've got it right here.
Speaker 4: In bartles you know. One day I was I was used to live in Chicago. Oh you did. We'll have to talk about this, we wrap this up.
Speaker 2: So I was laying on the couch and I couldn't find the remote and PBS was on, and up came they were talking about the most acoustically sound auditorium in the United States, and then they said Bartlesville, Oklahoma. And I said what So of course now I paid attention, you know, and I thought, and then they talked all about it, and I'm like, most acoustically sound.
Speaker 4: In Bartlesville, Oklahoma. And people need to appreciate. They got to experience it if they.
Speaker 3: Haven't already, No kidding you, you really do. And this is your opportunity.
Speaker 1: The price is right, the entertainment has superb yes, and you're benefiting your not only yourself, but your community absolutely.
Speaker 2: And you can be a part of this, uh you know, the b CCA, yourself if you'd like to be a board.
Speaker 3: Member on real Yeah. Yeah, what's the what's the website again?
Speaker 4: BCCA dot org dot org org.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta get that in there because it's it's nonprofit and I can tell by.
Speaker 4: The oh god, you know what I messed up?
Speaker 3: Who what'd you do?
Speaker 4: I know, it's shocking. B c c A music dot org.
Speaker 1: Mus you gotta throw the music in there. Got thrown the music in there. There you go that way everybody knows for sure, goodness sake.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So once again, coming up on the twenty eighth, we have sale on the Beach Boys tribute and that is going to be an awesome show.
Speaker 4: And I can't it's gonna be fabulous.
Speaker 3: Oh good lord.
Speaker 1: You know, the first concert I ever saw as a young person was the Beach Boys in concert.
Speaker 4: In real life.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Where were you?
Speaker 3: This was in Indianapolis at the indian.
Speaker 4: Out of State Fair, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Seventies something, and I was just blown away.
Speaker 1: I thought, you know that when you had people make records, they did things to make you sound better, and they do, yeah, but these guys didn't have that on stage. They just sounded just like the records, and I could not get over that. I said, my goodness sakes, they sound the same live as they do on the records. This is incredible.
Speaker 4: How did they look young in California? Ish and much.
Speaker 3: Younger than they do now.
Speaker 1: They were in their their forties at that time, so they were still relatively young.
Speaker 4: Well these guys, it looks.
Speaker 3: They're in their thirties. Forties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's hard for me to tell them everybody it looks so young, yes, yeah, and forties. God you how lucky are you to see them live?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, seriously, I mean so this would be a great comparison.
Speaker 4: I think. So are you coming?
Speaker 3: Going to do my best to be there? I hope to see you take a nap so I can.
Speaker 4: Well, I know seven thirty seems a.
Speaker 3: Little late for me, because I get it.
Speaker 4: You get a bit two am to do this gig.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, and I was thinking I was going to do this after this little stit.
Speaker 3: It was going to be a career change.
Speaker 4: But now I've changed my mind.
Speaker 1: Not everybody does what I do. They're different things. Not everybody does that. No, just a couple of us crazy people. But anyway, this is going to be a great show. So I'm it's all my calendar to do.
Speaker 4: I hope you come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to be awesome.
Speaker 1: The harmonies are just going to be pitch perfect and it's going to take you away. And what a great way to kind of kick off the warm season as well. Show in Oklahoma. I'm godly hot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that's for sure.
Speaker 2: It's our season finale and then it brings on the new season for absolutely, So it's it's going to be fantastic. And this group that picked these concerts are fantastic, very passionate.
Speaker 1: How does that process work because you guys keep coming up with all these big things that are you know that any other town would just like die to have.
Speaker 3: I mean, so that must be some meeting that you folks have depict you know.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I've stepped away for five years, so I can only base this on historical ways they picked it.
Speaker 4: It's the same.
Speaker 2: You know, an organization that they use its Allied Concert Association and they they put on screen with attached music and.
Speaker 4: We and it's voted on wow. So not everybody agrees, sure, you know.
Speaker 3: But Joys come up with the best.
Speaker 5: Choices absolutely, because it's a collective.
Speaker 2: Effort for sure, you know, and uh, even if you think you wouldn't like it when you go to the car.
Speaker 4: And I can say this because I was on the board and I would go.
Speaker 2: Maybe there was a band that I didn't choose, and I of course I went because I'm part of the board. I loved it, even if I even if I didn't think it was for me, you know, the music was for me.
Speaker 4: For I loved it. And there's nothing like live entertainment.
Speaker 3: You know, you can't put it. You can't put a value on No.
Speaker 2: If you can be taken away somewhere for a couple of hours, you know, for what ten dollars in the nosebleeds, I mean, that's serious cheap therapy.
Speaker 1: It is needed therapy for for sure, Diana.
Speaker 3: I want to thank you for being with us here.
Speaker 1: Diana Radcliffe is with us and that she is from the Bartlasville Community Concert Association bcc.
Speaker 4: A music die or can I give a shout out to my husband? Please do high handsome Gary Ratcliffe.
Speaker 3: Dude is blushing.
Speaker 1: It is that you've been watching it, listening to our community connection