Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment right here is brought to you by the best pizza joint in the universe, Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, only one location on the Earth, in the whole galaxy, and it's in Plano, Texas at Preston and Plano Parkway. And if you think I'm exaggerating, well, don't be mad at me, then be mad at everyone who reads the Dallas Morning News. Because Dallas Morning News readers have spoken, and they voted Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen as the best pizzeria in all of Dallas Fort Worth. They have Dallas style, they got Chicago style, Detroit style, Tavern style, and New York style pizza all in one magnificent pizza joint in Plano, Texas, Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen at Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 3: But right now, it's tip for this.
Speaker 1: She's interrational, quick triggered nuclear overreactor. He's a masterful storyteller who consistently finds himself drouting in a sea of awkward. It's time for no.
Speaker 3: I saw a.
Speaker 2: Story on the news and I saw it on social media and it it It was a story that ran on wfa we'll play some audio of the story running. What I first saw was somebody who's uh, somebody posted the story on Facebook, and the post on Facebook had a close up of someone's ring doorbell camera.
Speaker 3: And I looked at it and I'm like, what the hell is this.
Speaker 2: There's a guy wearing a red goat satanic mask and he's at someone's door and he's holding the He's holding a sign that he's made, a handmade, homemade sign that says Revelation.
Speaker 3: Twenty one through fifteen.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, it's like Gravelations twenty and then I guess that's versus one through fifteen day And I'm like, man, I don't know what the story is here. But you know, I haven't used my handgun very much. But I'm sitting there going what would I do in that situation? And there's there's so much to get into here. Is this a prank? Is this a psychopath? Is this something that people need to be worried about? Is this guy going to multiple houses? I figured the best way to set this up is just to hand it over to WFAA Channel eight.
Speaker 3: And here's the story. Well, this footage looks like something straight out of a horror film.
Speaker 4: A mass man rang a family's doorbell, holding a sign with a specific verse from the Bible.
Speaker 3: But how were to just spoke with investigators about.
Speaker 4: The warning the neighbors in Carrollton When I thought, I was like, Uh, what's the message here, prophecy.
Speaker 5: This is the first time we've had anything like this in this neighborhood or prank.
Speaker 6: It's so weird, That's what folks in this Carrollton neighborhood off of Hebron are trying to figure out. On Saturday night, an unknown man approach to family's doorstep wearing a Satanic mask, holding a sign that reads Revelation twenty verses one through fifteen, passages that depict the apocalypse in Christianity and eternal judgment followers is said to heaven the condemned thrown into a lake of fire.
Speaker 3: Heavy stuff. I was a little rattled that night with it that the.
Speaker 6: Footage shared to next door, where neighbor Scott Garren watched it.
Speaker 5: You know, that's the kind of step you would, you know, see it Halloween.
Speaker 3: But it's gotta be scary.
Speaker 6: And so did Gloria Johns. The man not just approaching the family's front door, he walked behind their home and stood in front of a driveway camera too.
Speaker 3: We spoke to the homeowners who captured this footage.
Speaker 4: They filed the police report, but understandably so, they didn't want to do an interview with us because they are on edge. They've lived here for decades, don't know who this person is or what their message means.
Speaker 6: Carrollton Police telling me they're not aware so far of this person being on anyone else's doorbell cameras, and that this person hasn't committed a crime. For them to be considered trespassing, they have to bypass a barrier like a fence, ignore verbal warnings, or stay on the property after being told to leave. Nonetheless, they're monitoring the situation to ensure public safety.
Speaker 2: I suppose. So this is a very scary looking dude, very scary looking mask, and the whole religious bit is like, uh oh uh, what's going on here? And so I like the way the reporter put it prophecy or prank number one. I'm shocked that there's nothing illegal here. I guess you could just go ring anybody's doorbell, So there's nothing illegal. But if you felt threatened as a homeowner and they were on your property, I'm pretty sure you could shoot the guy and you would not be held liable for that.
Speaker 3: Well, that could be wrong. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: First of all, what a rare opportunity to have a Matt Howardton report two days in a row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, this is amazing. We probably should just make him a permanent part of the show.
Speaker 2: Going to the back of the house. Also, that's I mean, that's scary. And so, I mean, this is the type of stuff we did and we were kids. We're idiots, We did crazy stuff like this, but it's really sinister to take it to this level with like some biblical message and all this stuff. So I don't know if this is a crazy person trying to and a message to people that live there, like you're going to Hell, or if this is some teenagers just doing a bit.
Speaker 3: I ain't so.
Speaker 2: So, first of all, the goat face is a great choice because of all the history of Satanic goat sacrifice, like you know the Rolling Stones album goat Head Soup for.
Speaker 3: Example, right.
Speaker 2: And then if you haven't seen this, he's wearing a really badass eyes wide shut robe with it as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big black robe with yeah hood too. Right, So there's that element to it and an Apple Watch watch. Oh that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: And then I didn't go and read It's been forever since I've read that revelation stuff, but I know that I know the basic gist of it pretty fun too. That it's only happening apparently, according to the report, to one specific neighbor. Yeah, which I want to get into their moral choices because clearly it's.
Speaker 3: About them, right, I mean, that's what you have to assume. This isn't some it's not a kid.
Speaker 2: If it was a prank, I would think that it was, they would go hit all the houses on the street, right, or all their buddies' houses. This call could be coming from the house. This could be someone who lives there, right, What if it's their son pranking him? Or I like this idea that could have been in the report. This anonymous real estate developer that recently took over some land that was an Indian burial ground refused to come on cameraon talk about it, like who knows beyond one, it's weird and creepy and messed up and not illegal apparently.
Speaker 5: Well he's not. I'm not trying to defend the guy because it is very creepy and I would be completely creeped out. Yes, I'm not trying to defend the goat, but it's not like he's trying to break break into the house or you know, he wasn't banging on the door or anything. He just went up, rang the doorbell, looked at it, and then walked off.
Speaker 3: Right and then wandered to a sideyard.
Speaker 5: Yes, so I don't know. This kind of reminds me. Do you remember when people would dress up as the clown and just kind of standing there and just freak people out Like they weren't doing anything. It wasn't illegal, they were just being creepy.
Speaker 3: But it's a dangerous game to play. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like in my neighborhood, there was some point where teenagers presumably were running around and banging on master bedroom windows at like two in the morning. Yeah, okay, that's something that all of us idiots would do as kids go do some fun prank. Okay, that's funny, But the reality is most homeowners have a gun. Yeah, you know, and I have a gun, and so if I look through my ring doorbell cam and I see that. My first thought is it's probably one of my buddies kidding around. But it's it's a little edgy though, you know, like a great opportunity to shoot a buddy. Yeah. I mean, but you know, I don't and I don't know that you'd shoot through the door, but I you know, I could see, you know, introducing that that person to a shotgun barrel. Yeah, like, hey, how can I help you speak into the microphone?
Speaker 3: It's right in your mouth. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing too, is you can with ring you can talk through it, so you could easily say I'm shooting in five four three to one and then play chicken. But going around to the back too, it was almost like they knew there was a driveway cam also because they stood with the sign facing a driveway camera. I think it's the husband. It's got to be it's got to be the husband. Something he's he's playing the long con. There's gonna be something that comes out later, and he's trying to freak his wife out, and something will come out about this and now it's just too big of a story for him to admit it now. Once it ends up in the hands of Howardton. That's a phrase that you hear the hands of Howardton. You hear it a lot. You hear it a lot in this room. Yeah right, probably, Yeah, yeah, I do want to go back and read Revelations later. It's in a while you read it to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's a really great Bill Hicks routine about the entire New Testament we talked about, including that wacky revelations ending with the lakes of Fire. It's like, you know, your reading is going, Man, this is a really dark thing to happen in our religion.
Speaker 3: But you know, maybe we'll see if he if.
Speaker 2: The Goat shows up on another porch in Carrollton later this week. It doesn't seem that hard to do the research to figure out, all right, what kind of mask is that? And where all can you buy that mask? Is it super common? And then you know, looked like he had a pretty rare robe jacket whatever that was. He could might have just been a guy in polyphonic spree. Yeah, it could be dude's wearing space clothes. Yeah, Tim, the Water's a theremin player put on a goat mask and walked around Carrollton. But it's a dangerous game this guy's playing, because I could see some people just shooting first. Oh yeah like that, asking questions later, like dude, I'm sorry, would you you brought some satanic colt thing and threatened me and at my door and walked around my What what did you expect on it? I don't know the law, but I think there's something too. Maybe they have to declare that they're threatened.
Speaker 3: I feel threatened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bamn, right, And it's like, that's just what do you want, I mean, on their property, trying to intimidate them, or maybe you're just on their property and you think it's a funny joke. But the tone of it is not silly. The tone of it is like the end of the Yeah, and it's specifically the end of the world, and also pretty weird that it's happening during inauguration week, right, Like that adds a whole different tone to everything. The way people are so strident with their beliefs, Oh really this happened, It's the end of the world.
Speaker 3: Or oh you didn't vote a certain way, it's the end of the world. I'm satan goat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could have been the Satan goat could be mad about political signs and yards, right that se dude, Yes, right, And yeah, I don't know, man, people get real the more comfortable people are, and then they they.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just the more maybe everyone's getting more and more rational every day about everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I think I.
Speaker 2: Think, well, this is this is the old conversation about are there more child abductions than there used to be?
Speaker 3: Or is there more reporting about it?
Speaker 2: Like this has been a conversation, Scott, because you know, I very very much remember the scare of that when I was a kid, and all the talk about that, and people talk about be leary of this and that and the other. But you know, we live in the day and age of amber alerts, right, so it's just sort of super heightened. I think there's always been very extreme views, but your common average person did not have a platform to let everyone in their neighborhood know what they think. And that's what social media is, right, you know. And so now it's like you, I think you just see it heightened. I think it's always been there, probably in the same percentage. I just think you see it heightened. And most people when you see something you think it's kind of everywhere. Right, you think it's pervasive, Oh, this must be everywhere, And I think it's just you know, we live in an age where you can encounter so many different views and so many different bits of information or misinformation constantly on a loop. Well, if you're curious and you want to see my gun, that's one way to do it. If you want to see what my giant gun looks like, come over to my house with you know, some biblical thing written down and yeah, and a bloody goat mask, and I'll show you my gun. I might even show you the bullets. I've got that Birds of the Apocalypse mask. I've been looking for a good reason to use it. Man, you're gonna want to give me a heads up. I'm just saying that if I look through my ring doorbell camera and I see that the gun's probably coming out, and then we'll figure out what's going on. I'm going to confuse you though, because I'm going to have I'm gonna have scripture written out from Genesis. I'm gonna go to the beginning. Right that guy went to the end, I'm going to the beginning. God, I used to love Genesis, such a great band.
Speaker 3: God love you all right.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, it's the Hollywood Shuffle, where you going to take his skin? Well, the Academy Award nominations are out and we love to talk about who got snubbed.
Speaker 3: That's next