Speaker 1: Toby and Chili Mornings on Demand on ninety seven point one wash.
Speaker 2: Them, Good morning, We've made it to Friday. It's Toby and Chili in the morning at ninety seven point one Wash FM. I'm kiddoshe in for Toby g Good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great? How about you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing well. I got a nice laugh this morning thanks to my husband.
Speaker 4: Okay, tell me more.
Speaker 5: We have two vehicles, one I normally drive, one he normally drives, and the one I drive needs a oil change, okay, And so he volunteered to do it.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 5: And because I was worried I may take the wrong car this morning, I said, just leave me a note so that I see it in the morning.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 5: He left me nine nine nine different post its all over the house.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's the same messaging on all of them.
Speaker 5: It said drive the Santa fe okay, all right, so that I drive the right car. There was one at the alarm clock, one on my mirror in the bathroom, one on my coffee mug, one on the ice.
Speaker 3: Maker, the fridge, the door.
Speaker 5: It was all over the place, and I laughed because, let's be honest, I only just needed one one as I was exiting the house, just to remind.
Speaker 4: Me would have been fine, would.
Speaker 3: Have been fine, not nine of them, but I did. I laughed. I was like, well that was that. That's my husband.
Speaker 4: So he did it to put a smile on your face early in the morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wasn't offended, because you would think, dude, why are you acting like you know?
Speaker 3: I would have forgotten. I'm not that crazy.
Speaker 4: And you did take the correct card, I know, I did. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: So when I get home, you know, the oil change would have already happened this morning.
Speaker 2: I think all of us that get up this early that are listening right now as well, know that sometimes you need a little reminder to help you get started. Absolutely, we are glad you're here with this on a Friday morning. We got a great show for you today. Top Stories coming up next, Lot's going on?
Speaker 4: What's coming up?
Speaker 5: Chilly? Yeah, So the President is threatening to sue the Wall Street Journal and it has to do with Jeffrey Epstein. We've got all the details on that in just a few minutes. On ninety seven point one, wash.
Speaker 1: It Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 5: Top Stories presented by Celsia's Energy drinks. President Trump is threatening to sue the Wall Street Journal for publishing what he claims is a fake two thousand and three birthday letter from him to Jeffrey Epstein, and he also urged Attorney General Pambondi to release all relevant grand jury testimony as criticism continues to mount over the Justice Department's limited disclosure in the Epstein case. Meanwhile, the President recently underwent some medical tests after noticing mild swelling in his legs and was diagnosed with chronic venous insufficiency, which is a common circulation issue in older adults that causes blood to pool in the lower legs. A Senate panel has voted to block funding that would keep the FBI headquarters in DC, preserving five hundred and fifty five million dollars earmarked for a new site in Green Belt. The move pushes back on the Trump administration's plan and adds uncertainty to the Justice Department's broader budget. Montgomery County is offering to help pairs who need to update their kids vaccinations before school starts, so five different shots are going to be available for free for K through twelfth graders at the Clinics County Wide through the end of September, and if you want more details, you can go to the Montgomery County website.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: According to a recent poll, one in three employees feel pressured by their employer not to take all their PTO, and nearly one in ten say their boss outright discourages it. More than half also feel anxious about taking any time off, fearing workload build up, missed opportunities, or being seen as less dedicated. Forecasts for today, we do have a slight chance of some scattered showers, but cooler than it's been. High's only getting around eighty three right now, it's seventy three in Fairfax.
Speaker 2: We'll take that cool weather. And I'm kiddo'she in for Toby this morning? Coming up next, our morning mindset gets you in the right mindset as we head into this weekend together. That's all coming up next with Toby and Chiley on ninety seven point one wash FF. All right, hope your Friday's have to a great start. We are Toby and Chilly on ninety seven point one wash FM. I'm kiddoshe it's time now for the morning mindset.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it is Friday and we kick off our Best of the eighties Weekend, Yeah at five o'clock with Sabrina Kanti and so because we do that, I wanted to pick a song or a quote from a song.
Speaker 3: Okay, Poison, Okay, I love this. Here's the quote.
Speaker 5: Every rose has its thorn just like every night has its dawn.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 5: Now, obviously to me this is like, okay, nothing in life is perfect. Beautiful things like roses come with challenges or pain, just like dark nights are always followed by the hope and light of dawn. So this quote by Poison in their song reminds us that difficult moments are natural part of life, but they're balanced by better and brighter times ahead. So thank you Poison for reminding us that every rose has its thorn just like every night it's dawn. And you can find that quote or share your own using hashtag morning Mindset on the Toby and Chili page at washefm dot com.
Speaker 2: I love that, and we'll have a preview of our best of the eighties weekend coming up in just a few minutes here on WASHFM. Also on the way, have you ever seen someone do something in public that made you say, oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I can't believe this person is doing this right now in public.
Speaker 3: That happened to me.
Speaker 2: Yesterday on a bus. I'll tell you what happened, and you'd be the judge. That's next. Plus we want to hear your calls of things that you've seen in public like this eight six six nine two seven four three six one. That's eight six six nine two seven four three six one. If you want to join the conversation this morning Friday morning in DC, It's ninety seven point one WASHFM with Toby and Chile in the morning. I'm kiddoshe from Good Morning Washington. All Right, what have you seen someone do in public that made you say, oh my gosh, I can't believe this person's doing this in public. Oh something happened to me yesterday, Chili, and I was just like jaw on the floor.
Speaker 3: Okay, now you gotta tell me. Okay.
Speaker 2: So after I left here, I had to go to the TV station to do Good Morning Washington, and I take a public transportation and I was on the metro bus and the.
Speaker 3: Metro bus metros okay, not Metro, taking the bus st right from my house.
Speaker 2: I take that then to the Metro station and this woman was in a full bus at ten o'clock in the morning on her headset, talking out loud on like a zoom meeting and reading numbers and stats and just talking as if nobody else was on the bus. And the bus is quite quiet at the time because everything usually has their headphones in or we're just waiting to get to the next stop.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not like people are any.
Speaker 5: Loud talkers on public transportation. That's that's to me is inconsiderate rude behavior in public. You should not let everybody else have to listen to you loudly having any conversation, whether it's private or not, like.
Speaker 2: Come on, yeah, come on, And we kind of looked at her, and she kept doing it. That's when it gets really bad. Brenda and Stafford, you've seen something similar to this.
Speaker 6: I once saw someone cut in line at a coffee shop and.
Speaker 3: When they were called out on it, they just shrugged.
Speaker 7: They pretended not to notice, and just stood.
Speaker 1: There in line.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's one of my biggest passages line cutters. That is so rude, as if, excuse me, your time is more precious than everybody else's.
Speaker 2: But then also ignoring you that like Okay, it makes it worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah in Bethesda, Joe, go ahead and tell us what you've seen.
Speaker 6: I once saw a customer at a restaurant throw cash at the waiter and then leave the bills wait all over the place. Later I asked what happened. He said that the customer was shocked by the amount on the build.
Speaker 5: Oh come on, come on, you didn't see the price on the menu.
Speaker 3: Give me a break.
Speaker 2: I think as we head into the weekend, the messaging here is be considerate of other people.
Speaker 4: Correct, I would agree with that. Yes, all right.
Speaker 2: Toby and Chili's top story is coming up, a change in the weather pattern. For the first time this week, we can say something about our weather. We'll share that with you coming up as we head into the weekend together with Toby and Chili in the morning and now seven point one wash Fact.
Speaker 1: Top Stories top of the Hour.
Speaker 5: The House has voted to pass a package of nine billion dollars in DOGE spending cuts. Lawmakers approved the cuts to public broadcasting, global health programs, and foreign aid. Meanwhile, at President Trump has been diagnosed with chronic venous insufficiency, which apparently is a common condition that causes swelling in the legs.
Speaker 3: In the Elderly and Edgewater.
Speaker 5: Marilyn Man has been indicted for threatening a representative, Marjorie Taylor Green and her family. Prosecutors say that sixty four year old Seth Jason made repeated violent calls to her offices over several months and now faces multiple federal charges. DC police are going to be enforcing a juvenile curfew in the U Street Quarter this weekend, setting an eight pm curfew Tonight through Sunday. Youths seventeen and under are not allowed to gather in groups of nine or more unless they're involved in approved activities. Montgomery County is offering some back to school vaccinations for K through twelve students at clinics across the area through the end of September, and appointments are available through local health centers. Metro is celebrating the opening of its new Bladansburg bus garage, which replaces three older buildings and also highlights a focus on sustainability and efficiency.
Speaker 3: The facility will feature.
Speaker 5: Solar panels, a rainwater harvesting system, over two dozen maintenance bays, and upgraded security and lighting. And Finally, CBS is canceling the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. The network says his final show will be May of twenty twenty six, and it's purely a financial decision. They are getting rid of the entire Late Show franchise, so it's not like they're going to replace him. Forecast four today, cloudy sky, there's a slight chance of some scattered showers. Highs around eighty three right now, seventy three in Bethesda.
Speaker 2: All right, Chilli, thanks a lot on kidd O'Shea and for Toby this morning. If you're headed to the airport anytime soon. Another TSA restriction may soon be lifted. We'll tell you about that and why it's making Chili a little uncomfortable this morning.
Speaker 3: Our Best of the Eighties.
Speaker 2: Weekend kicks off at five o'clock tonight with Sabrina Kanti right here in ninety seven point one Wash FM and lasts all week and long with great eighties songs like that. It's Toby and Chilly in the morning. I'm kiddoshe from Good Morning Washington. Another TSA restriction may soon be lifted. First the shoes, now this liquids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So the Department of Homeown Security apparently is considering easing the long standing three point four ounce liquid limit for carry ons. They're saying it's because screening technology has improved, right, And if they're getting rid of the shoe situation, they are like, why not get rid of this because international airports don't necessarily have the liquid restriction, and you travel internationally and domestically for your TV job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you notice this difference.
Speaker 2: So I did get a bottle of water through somewhere one time, and I was like, oh, they don't you know, they didn't catch it.
Speaker 3: It was a different country.
Speaker 2: It was a different country, and I don't know where I was, but it was like, oh, no, they just don't have that same restrictions that we still.
Speaker 5: Have because you travel so much more than I do. How do you feel about them easing these restrictions?
Speaker 2: I would like a little ease a so that I can take a bottle of water through if I want to. I can take my coffee and my canister if I want to, But also a tube of toothpaste that you just bought, A regular sized thing of toothpaste you can't always take through yea, so maybe be able to do that.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about this?
Speaker 5: Look, I'm an anxious flyer for many reasons. I don't mind extra security. I really don't. I get to the airport earlier and plan for that. I understand why they have these rules in plays. I know things can still get through because they have. But man, I'm just concerned now. And I know as technology supposedly is better, But I just don't want to go back to people doing very bad things, so getting them through security.
Speaker 2: So you're fine going back to the taking the shoes off as a preacher.
Speaker 3: Let's not get it twisted.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chili's nearly impossible question?
Speaker 3: What is today's question?
Speaker 5: Five percent of women have kept these for sentimental reasons, So what are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Interesting? Think about that.
Speaker 2: Tickets to see Hanson at the Hall at Live on October twenty sixth If you know the answer eight sixty six nine two seven four three six one eight six six nine two seven four three six one Chili, what's that question again?
Speaker 5: Five percent of women have kept these for sentimental reasons.
Speaker 3: What are they?
Speaker 2: We'll give you the answer to the nearly impossible question when we continue next with Toby and Chili on ninety seven point one wash Ef.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chili's nearly impossible question.
Speaker 2: I'm Kiddoche and for Toby. We are playing for tickets to see Hanson. What is today's question?
Speaker 5: Five percent of women have kept these for sentimental reasons.
Speaker 3: What are they? Mary?
Speaker 1: In Spring?
Speaker 5: Finally we got a winner who correctly guests shoes. Yeah, five percent of women keep shoes for sentlemental reasons. Congratulations Mary. You're gonna go see Hanson at the Haul at Live October twenty six.
Speaker 4: Quick question, Chili, would do you have shoes that you have kept?
Speaker 2: No, not for sentimentary You get rid of those, Yeah, can make room for new ones.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, We're back next week with a nearly impossible question and play for a great prize, four.
Speaker 5: Pack of tickets to the Montgomery County Fair, unlimited rides for you in your family. So make sure you're here six point twenty on Monday morning.
Speaker 2: All right, that's all Monday Morning with Toby and Chilly right here on ninety seven point one Wash FM. We'll get you caught up on top stories coming up next.
Speaker 1: Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 5: President Trump is threatening to sue the Wall Street Journal for publishing what he claims is a fake two thousand and three birthday letter from him to Jeffrey Epstein. He also urged Attorney General Pam Bondi to release all relevant grand jury testimony as criticism mounts over the Justice Department's limited disclosure in the Epstein case. Meanwhile, the President recently underwent medical tests after noticing some mild swelling in his legs and was diagnosed with chronic venous insufficiency, a common circulation issue in older adults that causes blood to pool in the lower legs. A Senate panel voted to block funding that would keep the FBI headquarters in DC, preserving five hundred and fifty five million dollars earmarked for a new site in Greenbelt. The move pushes back on the Trump administration's plan and adds uncertainty to the Justice Department's broader budget. DC police Commander Michael Pulliam is under investigation for allegedly altering some crime data to improve his district stats, and has been placed on paid leave. The police union claims its supervisors are pressuring officers to downgrade violent crimes in reports, contributing to the department's claim that violent crime is down twenty five percent from last year, and according to a recent poll, forty percent of drivers set strict rules for their passengers, like no smoking, littering, or putting feet up on the dashboard. And while nearly half washed their vehicles regularly, twenty two percent also wax or polish them. Forecast for today cloudy skies with a slight chance of some scattered showers. Highs around eighty three. Right now, it's seventy three in Laurel Toby's off this morning on Kiddo'she. Coming up next, we'll tell you why a group of local firefighters are making history and have gone viral for that.
Speaker 4: It's our feel good story of the day.
Speaker 2: That's next on ninety seven point one WASHFM. Toby and Chilly in the Morning, ninety seven point one wash FM. I'm Kiddo'she from Good Morning Washington. It's time for our feel good Friday story. This is such an awesome story, Chilly so powerful.
Speaker 5: So at a DC firehouse that's tuck between the bustle of lomfon Plaza, five black women, they suit it up and they stood tall for a photo in front of engine truck ten. And that boat, which was captured on a quiet shift, became a viral moment. It was really about visibility because each of the women in that photo has years of service behind her, but together they represent something that's rarely seen, which is strength, sisterhood and a very powerful example for girls everywhere. And as that image of them standing as firefighters in front of that truck spread online, so did the impact because messages started pouring in from parents and teachers and young girls who had never seen firefighters who look like them. These five women knew exactly what they were doing. They were sending the message that look, firehouse isn't just for boys, right, and it's also it's for all of us. It's very inclusive. And so they definitely inspired the next generation. And by the way, these women in their spare time mentor girls through a hands on program called DC's Camp Spark, making sure the doors to this particular career stay wide open. So today's feel good Friday story, hats off to you ladies the DC Firehouse there near l Enfont Plaza for inspiring so many little girls and knowing that they too can become heroes like you.
Speaker 2: And can't wait to see the picture of the young girls that are listening right now. In twenty years at that picture standing in front of a firehouse.
Speaker 5: You can Read more about this on the Toby and Chili page at washfm dot com. Coming up next. Okay, so that's a viral photo. Have you seen the viral video? Now? What happened at a cold Play concert? This is cringe to me, but it is very cringe.
Speaker 2: And let's just say, and they're good warning for a lot of people.
Speaker 5: There may be some divorces in the future. We've got that coming up there.
Speaker 2: Toby and Chilly in the morning ninety's seven point one wash FM.
Speaker 4: Good Morning.
Speaker 2: It's Kenoshe from Good Morning Washington. Has social media ever blown your cover? We're talking about it because a story is going viral.
Speaker 5: This happened at a cold Play concert. I don't know if you've seen the viral video. Now, Chris mar And likes to talk to some members of his audience when the camera pans them like a kiss cam. And when it came on to this couple who was kind of embracing like he was holding.
Speaker 3: This woman behind her, you know, like very romantic.
Speaker 5: Yes, they both realized they were on camera and started hiding like, oh my god, Oh my god. And Chris Martin made a joke saying, oh we either you know, caught them having an affair or they're really shy. Internet sleuths started digging and they found out he the guy who.
Speaker 3: Was a CEO.
Speaker 5: She is ahead of like hr and they are married to other people. Oh my god, So this affair was revealed and busted on social media.
Speaker 4: Turns out they were having an affair.
Speaker 2: Yes they are, and again there was no question that it was a romantic relationship. It wasn't like two friends hanging out, my arm around you. He was really embracing her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So social media outed them, and this guy like issued an apology and you know whatever, didn't appreciate that such a private moment was made public. I'm like, really, you went to a public event, that's what happens. That was a very stupid move. But it begs the question, now, have you been outed by social media? Not necessarily with cheating, but maybe you had a cover why you couldn't attend something, Sure, and then you.
Speaker 3: Showed up on Facebook at somebody else's party. Who knows.
Speaker 2: I know I've been in situations where I'm like, no pictures because for whatever reason, let's just not take any pictures of this event. So if this has happened to you, we want to hear your story eight sixty six nine two seven four three six one eight sixty six nine two seven four three six one. Has social media ever blown your cover or your lie or you're a fair the HR Department. We'll share those stories coming up in just a little bit, but first Top Stories on the Way, next with Toby and Chilly in the morning on ninety seven point one wash FCT.
Speaker 1: Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 5: The House has voted to pass a package of nine billion dollars in DOGE spending cuts, lawmaker's approof cuts to public broadcasting, global health programs, and four and eid ME. While President Trump wants pertinent grand jury testimony released in the Jeffrey Epstein case, he said in a truth social post last night that he had directed Attorney General Pambondi to produce the testimony, subject to court approval. An Edgewater Marilyn Man has been indicted for threatening Representative Marjorie Taylor Green in her family. Prosecutors say that sixty four year old set Jason made repeated violent calls to her office over several months and now faces multiple federal charges. DC police are going to be enforcing a juvenile curfew in the U Street Corridor this weekend, setting an eight pm curfew Tonight through Sunday. Youth seventeen and under are not allowed to gather in groups of nine or more unless you're involved in approved activities. Metro is celebrating the opening of its new Bladesburg bus garage, which replaces three older buildings and also highlights a focus on sustainability and efficiency. The facility features solar panels, a rainwater harvesting system, over two dozen maintenance bays, and also an upgraded security in lighting and In case you missed it, CBS announced that The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is going to be ending May of twenty twenty six. The network stated this is purely a financial decision that's unrelated to the show's performance or content, and that Colbert is not going to be replaced with a new host. They're actually getting rid of the entire franchise, The Career Show. A forecast today, cloudy skies, a chance of some scattered showers. Highs around eighty three right now, seventy four in Leesburg.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm kiddoshe in for Toby.
Speaker 2: Earlier we told you about the couple they got busted on the Kiss cam at a Coldplay concert for having an affair after the video went viral. So this morning, we want to know how has social media blown your cover? Eight sixty six nine two seven four to three six' One jessica In woodbridge got busted at a. Concert what was she? Doing she'll share her story Next toby And chilly in the. Morning the ninety seven point One WASH fm two hours commercial free kicking off in just a few. Minutes, Here i'm kido'she From Good Morning. Washington we're talking about how social media has blown your cover after this big story they went.
Speaker 5: Viral, yeah this happened at a Cold bag Cold play concert In. BOSTON a kiss cam saw a man and a woman in an, embrace and then when they saw that they were on, camera they ducked and turned. Away it turns out they he's THE, ceo she's THE hr department, head and they're both married to other. People so this affair is completely caught on camera on social media and it's just ruined their. Lives, SURE i, mean, oh, well that's what happens when you mess. Around it didn't look like they were trying to hide, it by the, Way, well they were trying to hide it from the.
Speaker 3: World, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly jessica In woodbridge got busted at a.
Speaker 3: Concert good, Morning, jessica welcome to the. Show what's your?
Speaker 5: STORY i felt my BOSS i had food, poisoning and THEN i got tagged in a photo at A drake.
Speaker 1: Concert in the front row holding.
Speaker 3: A, beer wearing. Sequence hold the sequence is what gave you. Away it's like wearing a disco. Ball of course you're gonna stand out in. Photo thanks for, Calling.
Speaker 2: Jessica dave And, bethesda you skipped your boss's dad's funeral and got.
Speaker 4: Caught what?
Speaker 7: HAPPENED i made up something about my wife's parents being in town and my wife being. AWAY i never thought it would get back to my, job but apparently one of my friends posted a picture of us hanging out on His facebook page and my boss saw. It he called me out on, it and there was NOTHING i could do but apologize like a million.
Speaker 5: Times, Wow, DAVID i, mean if you still got to keep your, job you're.
Speaker 3: LUCKY i don't know that you'll live will get the promotion you want?
Speaker 4: Though, yeah exactly what.
Speaker 1: More toby And jilly head over TO washafm dot com or The iHeartRadio app