Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Good lord, Shannon.
Speaker 3: The last time I heard Parker Center, I think it was an episode of Dragnet SI.
Speaker 2: I know, ah, love you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, in my defense, Parker Center was alive and well when I was reporting, yes, twenty years ago, yep.
Speaker 4: And that's where you would go to talk to somebody or yep, get information, you would.
Speaker 1: And furthermore, Parker Center is like the LAPD headquarters and all the movies and all. Yeah, legendary, come on, but it was, Come on, it was a pretty funny reference. I know.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. What an idiot Clayton Kershaw pitched today? Did I tell you that?
Speaker 4: Clayton Kershaw pitched for the Oklahoma City Comets against the Tacoma Rainiers in a very early game.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going on with him. Is it a back? This is oh multiple surgeries?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm assuming it's his back that he's still working if he.
Speaker 4: Was, but he he threw three innings, gave up a couple of hits, had two strikehads.
Speaker 5: What have you done today? Sat on your ass. I'm not saying it was bad.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, you know, you bring it up the fact that Clayton Kershaw is pitching in the in the in the start because it's a rehab assignment.
Speaker 5: That's I'm not saying that is a negative thing. I'm just saying it's a fact.
Speaker 1: It's a You don't ever bring up the giants and rehab assignments.
Speaker 5: Because nobody cares about the giants in the rehabit No.
Speaker 1: I know. So, I don't know why you said they've been on the road and they've got an eight and two record on the road and not committed one air and only one era at home.
Speaker 5: Nobody cares. I said that to you in pure confidence.
Speaker 4: We were keeping secrets, okay, Fry violent secrets. The Dodgers will take on the Rocky tonight at Dodgers Stadium, first pitches at seven o'clock on this Korean heritage night. Listen to every play on A five to seventy LA sports Live from the Galvin Motors broadcast both stream all games in HD on the iHeartRadio app. Used the keyword AM five seventy l A sports Well.
Speaker 1: Trump is meeting with Japan at the White House, China is meeting with Southeast Asia, all trying to recruit for their respective teams. So where we kick off swamp Watch.
Speaker 2: I'm a politician and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops. Here we got the real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 5: The other side never quits.
Speaker 4: So what I'm not going anywhere?
Speaker 2: So that now you train.
Speaker 5: The swat, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, Americans have always been gone a president, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 6: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 5: Whether people voted for you were not swamp Watch, they're all candido listen. Uh.
Speaker 4: The tariff issue is kind of bubbling under. It's not garnering the sharp headlines that it did last week, but it is still very existent.
Speaker 5: People have Tara fatigue.
Speaker 1: They paid attention for twenty four seconds and now they're done.
Speaker 5: Some people made their money and then they got, hey, I've keep.
Speaker 1: Get I've gotten like three texts from friends, TikTok videos. I don't have the TikTok. Is this something I'm going to have to get to talk to people, or should I stay.
Speaker 4: Strong, stay strong, don't do it? Okay, most of them are reposted on Twitter anyway, so you could probably find them that way. But you're right, there have been many, many countries that have come to the table. Caroline Levitt, the White House Press Secretary, has said that they have ten to fifteen deals that they have worked on, negotiated, and are about to sign. She didn't say specifically which countries, but we do know, as you mentioned, that Japan has come to the table. That would be a pretty massive one and probably the biggest one if they're willing to let that slip out, that Japan and the United States are working on a deal.
Speaker 5: That's the biggest name that they've got.
Speaker 1: California, in fact, Gavin Newsom right now holding a press conference as we speak, California filing a lawsuit to challenge Trump's tariffs. Newsom says the president lacks authority to impose a ten percent tariff on all imports. You knew this was coming. I think it was a little bit tardy, to be honest. Newsom says today the tariffs are driving up prices, threatening jobs in California. The lawsuit is seeking for these tariffs to be blocked. He's with Bonta today. They're in the Central Valley talking about this. Trump obviously has been arguing that the tariffs are designed to spur US manufacturing balance those trade deficits.
Speaker 4: A federal judge has found probable cause to hold the Trump administration in criminal contempt for willfully disobeying his order to immediately halt deportations under the Alien Enemies Act. If you remember, Judge James Bosberg gave an order. The administration argued it was a verbal order, not a written order, and therefore they didn't have to follow it, but it was in order to turn those planes background and bring them back to the United States. The court, ultimately, this is his writing, ultimately determines that the government's actions on that day demonstrate a wilful disregard for its order, sufficient for the court to conclude that probable cause exists to find the government in criminal contempt. He basically gives the Department of Justice a week to answer to this in order to expunge any potential contempt.
Speaker 1: There was a survey of Democrats in California.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know where this is going you do. Is this the Kamala Harris one.
Speaker 1: Well, it is the one that I'm currently reading about.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's the same one. I don't see her name in here. Anyway. It says California voters are less keen.
Speaker 1: They say they've got Donald Trump resistance fatigue, that they're less keen on fighting Donald Trump then their state's political elite, which I found interesting because I believe I was just arguing the opposite. Yesterday, a dual survey of California voters and political professionals. They say voters are more divided on issues like immigration and climate change. A plurality of voters skeptical of legal immigration. Less than half think the state should be able to set its own strict standards on vehicle emissions. It's a disconnect between Democratic voters in this state and what the Gavin Newsoms of this state are trying to do.
Speaker 4: Apparently that's interesting. I would have I would specifically Democrats. I would have expected that they want to see their politicians continue this fight. Maybe there's just a point where they, like you said, I mean, use the words you see.
Speaker 1: Call the bolgoney. I almost said the full word there. It says the results suggested disconnect between the policy making class and voters in an overwhelmingly blue state where Trump made broad inroads. Registered Democrats, however, compromise Nearly half the elector electorate are more enthusiastic about progressive policies and more eager to challenge Trump's Washington. Maybe we're just hearing from the loudest Democrats, who who want Kamala Harris, who want a battle Trump, who love Gavenue.
Speaker 5: Some for this so the pole I saw.
Speaker 4: But along those lines, the pole I saw was from Politico and UC Berkeley. Among registered Democratic voters who were surveyed, about a third of them said that they would be joyful about Kamala Harris's run for governor if she decides to do so. Asian American Democrats said they felt more dreary. Eighteen percent of them chose the word irritated. About nineteen percent of Democratic Latino voters said they felt hopeless if Kamala Harris runs for governor. When it comes to Republicans, isn't the surprise? Most popular sentiment was that of either irritation or outrage.
Speaker 5: When they were given a series of words to.
Speaker 1: Jewhy would they feel hopeless with Kamala Harris. I mean she would be governor of the state. You would be crowning the person who went up against Trump, which I would think that they would enjoy. It's not like you're banking on her to make another run for the White House. She's just be the California cheerleader? Is it because they want somebody else to rise to the top in California and be the person who can take down whatever the next iteration of Trump is.
Speaker 5: Maybe they said that forty for president twice. Yeah, I just I know.
Speaker 1: But like as governor, I don't know, it's a different it's a completely different job.
Speaker 5: It's a different threshold.
Speaker 1: But forty three percent of registered voters according to this poll, okay, so it does show that Democrats do favor taking on Trump and in California, make no mistake about that, that is true.
Speaker 5: But this is where I was surprised.
Speaker 1: They want their representatives to lower the temperature. Forty three percent of registered voters said leaders were too confrontational. Now that was driven by Republicans and independence ps. A third found that they were too passive, and most Democrats forty seven percent want a more aggressive approach. So this is so misleading the poll. It says the poll finds California voters have Trump. Maybe it's me because when I see the headline poll finds California voters have Trump resistance fatigue, I'm thinking Democrats in California don't want to go after Trump. That's that's antithetical to exactly what I hear and see with my own eyes. But California voters aren't all Democrats. It's California voters that have been polled here that are Republicans and Independents that have Trump resistance fatigue, that have had enough of this. The Democrats, I'd say, we're not doing enough.
Speaker 5: That's why you always got to ask who was polled?
Speaker 1: That's right, that's what you do have to ask. What a misleading headline to say California voters have Trump. Who doesn't read the term California voters and think Democrats?
Speaker 5: Yeah, shame on you, Politico.
Speaker 4: Wall Street Journal has an interesting look at Elon Musk keeping his baby mama happy.
Speaker 5: I'm wanting baby mama. How many does he have? He is at least four baby mamas.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine juggling four women that you have kids with?
Speaker 5: He has at least fourteen kids.
Speaker 1: Like, imagine juggling for women and then having kids with all of them and each other, like, oh, these are the ones. That's no, we haven't even met some of the mothers in law. That's not even your issue. Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk has a guy to keep track of all the women and babies.
Speaker 5: He's got a guy. His name is Jared Birchall.
Speaker 1: This is like one of those guys that every NFL head coach has that like keeps them off the.
Speaker 5: Field when they're yelling. I got to kind of pull them back.
Speaker 1: Be Carol's guy probably gets the most publicity because Pete Carroll's just all over the place, super hyperactive, and there's one guy on the sideline's task.
Speaker 5: We're keeping the.
Speaker 1: Coach off the field, keeping the coach in the parameters where the coach is supposed to be. Is this what Elon Musk has for baby mamas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he doesn't do a good job of keeping him out of the mamas. His name is Jared Birchall, and he runs Elon Musk's family office and apparently had a big say in the quarter billion dollars that Elon Mus's.
Speaker 1: Office, I guess you'd have to have an office with that kind of I guess location.
Speaker 4: The Wall Street Journal does a big look at how he handles these things. Musk has at least fourteen kids with four different women, including Grimes.
Speaker 5: The musician.
Speaker 4: Chaven Zillis is an executive at is Brain Company, Brain computer Company, Neuralink. The latest one is Ashley Saint Clair. This young what would you call her? Conservative influencer for lack of a better description, I suppose and multiple sources this is this is where it gets even better. Multiple sources say that Elon has a whole lot more children than is publicly known. It's that he's been able to keep them. He and his family fixer Jared Birchall have been able to keep them silent.
Speaker 1: I have a question of somebody with a penis. Is there something in you that thing sits cool? You're not gonna answer this truthfully anymore. No, I know what you're gonna I think I know what you're gonna like.
Speaker 5: Is it a dude thing? Are you hardwired to want?
Speaker 1: And I'm just I'm not saying this is like a bad thing I'm just saying, is it in a man to be hard wired to want to spread your seed for lack of a better term, as much as possible, because that means strength, going back to the caveman days in terms of family and strong families and big families and all of that help in the fields. Whatever is time progressed. No, No, it's not that you.
Speaker 4: For me, it's never been that I wanted to have a huge family and spread you know, I don't need twelve of my whatever. I don't need that many kids. The hard wire part of it is it feels good to do it. That's why, Yes, that's why it feels good to do it, so that you would continue to do it.
Speaker 1: Sure, despite I understand why men want to have sex. I get that, but there's a number of ways to make sure that you don't plant that seed, which is wild assuring. If there's something that gets you excited about knowing you've got fourteen kids, you've made ten kids with all these women, like, look at how strong my seed is.
Speaker 4: I've never thought of it that way, kay, I guess that some guys think of it that way.
Speaker 5: Ye, he has said.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk is a guy who believes that civilization is in decline.
Speaker 5: That's one of the reasons why he wants to go to Mars.
Speaker 4: He's like, we need we need an Adu for the Earth, and one of the ways that he would do that is by colonizing Mars. He's also said that his brood, his group of babies. He refers to them as legion, the reference to an ancient military unit that can contain thousands of soldiers.
Speaker 1: Does he have a trust fund for all the therapy these kids are going to have to use so we get older?
Speaker 4: So that is the interesting part about this is according to the Wall Street Journal, this Ashley Saint Clair and again she's this young woman in her twenties who has given birth to the baby that she believes is his, and I don't think he's actually denied. They've named the baby Romulus. She was offered fifteen million dollars up front and one hundred thousand dollars a month in support of the baby in exchange for her silence.
Speaker 5: About the child, which she obviously broke.
Speaker 1: You know, they met on x exchanging dms. Yeah, him inviting her to Ex's San Francisco office banging around. She was an ops manager at the Babylon b which is a funny conservative media company. He invites her on his private plane on a trip to Rhode Island to visit one of his other sons at college. The first time they had sex, he joked they should pick a name for their future child.
Speaker 5: My god, nothing would make me want to run away. Quicker is Listen.
Speaker 4: I think Elon Musk is one of the most brilliant mind that we have ever seen on this earth.
Speaker 1: Brilliant is often dancing with crazy hand in hand. Yeah, and I don't think the jury's out on that one.
Speaker 4: And his concern is not just repopulating the earth, but repopulating the earth with solely smarter people.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, he's talked about the Third World countries have higher birth rates than the United States and Europe, and that's concerning to him because he believes that he wants to have the smartest people.
Speaker 1: And if well, that's certainly what you are procuring on X, isn't it smarter people?
Speaker 5: On get out of here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: You want smart people promote books and things? Did you see the did you see this?
Speaker 3: Can you tell me.
Speaker 5: The story about the bookstore? I'm going to say no, because that's a very general.
Speaker 1: Chelsea, Michigan residents of Chelsea, Michigan, if you've never heard of it.
Speaker 5: It's a very small community. There stood side.
Speaker 1: By side to help a local bookstore move ninety one hundred books one by one from its former site to a new location about a block away. The name of the bookstore is Serendipity Books. How cool is that three hundred people volunteered to pass the books in a human chain through downtown Chelsea over the weekend. The book brigades helpers line both sides of the sidewalk, moving the books from the shelves at the old location directly to the correct shelves in the new bookstore building on Main Street took under two hours even put the books back in alphabetical order.
Speaker 5: That's cool, right? I love it? Is that one of your top five most read stories.
Speaker 1: No, that's just something I found special for us. I am in the process of reading the new Hunger Games book.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it is delightful. It is. It harkens back to those first three books.
Speaker 1: Man, if you whipped through those, if you love them, I love this one too. It is fun and it takes you back, takes you back.
Speaker 5: Have you finished it. No, okay, where are you at? And so there he just got into the arena. Okay, I'm not there yet. Okay, so good. No spoilers. But I'm planning on finishing it this weekend and hopefully me too.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to finish it this week. I should finish it this week.
Speaker 5: I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: But if you want to join Keana and I join us and we'll have a discussion about it at some point, we can do that.
Speaker 5: Discuss books. Yeah, fun, just kidding, I know you don't read. Justin Warsham is going to join us in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about a couple of things about ADHD and then we'll sprinkle in a little bit of cooking.
Speaker 5: Are you on TikTok right now?
Speaker 4: You don't need to know everything about me. Stop looking over my shoulder.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: It's just still a little jealous, little No. It looks very important, but it was, but it was yesterday. CNN is running with the live headline that says that five students were injured in that Dallas school shooting, which was yesterday, but they're not. There's nothing on the screen that says says yesterday. It was yesterday, So anyway, that's there. Was also a sad story with a local connection to it, in that couple of American troops based at Camp Pendleton were killed in a vehicle rollover in New Mexico yesterday, two first known military fatalities associated with the expanded mission at the southern border. Not immediately clear what kind of vehicle they were operating when they were killed yesterday morning. Apparently another one another person was seriously injured in that.
Speaker 1: I can still hear my dad's voice telling me as a child, You're gonna burn the house down. I was interested in cooking early on, not because of my parents, just because I was interested. I took a summer school cooking class, and I remember that was nipped in the butt real quick when I came home storting cooking things and my father told me I was going to burn the house down.
Speaker 6: Did you like, do you still love cooking today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It's like, what's you? What kind of thing do you like?
Speaker 5: Severally? I mean I didn't. I just got into it maybe ten years ago or something.
Speaker 6: Okay, so before that not really, So what we're talking about is that they did a survey or a study in Canada.
Speaker 5: Hi, Justin Hello, sorry, Justin Wilson comes in, he talks with them. He needs no introduction, Yeah, I got I.
Speaker 6: Do you do a couple of weekends shows that you think you're in the big leagues?
Speaker 2: Evidently a little big for my.
Speaker 5: Bridge this year. You don't even have working head funds. What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: You know, fun fact I'm filling in for him on vacation. No I am not give it a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? Yeah, oh, that would be horrible.
Speaker 6: He's so awful for so many people, mostly me anyway, So they did this study that found that cooking is one of the things, as like an aptitude for life skills, is one of the things that a child does not pick up from just watching. Like you can't just set an example for cooking.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: What's interesting is I have seen other research that would support that for eating habits, Like kids do pay attention to what choices you make when you're choosing food to eat. So if you're if you choose less healthy foods, they will follow suit. But they don't learn how to cook from just watching. They have to actually participate in it. They have to do the thing. And that's why I'm a big fan of like having like one night a week, especially over the summer, because my kids will tend to just hang out in their rooms a lot over the summer. So at least one night a week I make them cook dinner. They not kind of supervise. They still have doors. They do have doors so far well, some of them have gotten close to losing them.
Speaker 5: But is this a thing? How generational is it?
Speaker 2: Do you think?
Speaker 4: I mean, did you did you watch your parents cook or I mean pay any attention to what I was.
Speaker 6: I was just talking about this with my kids, about how much of a colossal a hole I was as a child. When my stepmom would clear like she would make the food, we would come in and sit down, we would eat the food, and we would just get up and leave.
Speaker 5: How old were you when your stepmom.
Speaker 6: She came into the picture when I was six? Okay, so I stayed there until I was eighteen. I moved out a few months before I turned nineteen. That's when I moved out of my parents' house. Six months after I graduated.
Speaker 1: I think every kid gets to the kitchen table fakes their way through the family dinner and then high tails it back to their room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's just America.
Speaker 6: But we didn't even like take our dishes to the sink. It's part of my point, like there was no chores in that way of doing dishes. Was there an expectation of it and you just didn't do it or there was just no expectation, no expectation, Like.
Speaker 2: I got it on my own and I didn't.
Speaker 6: Really I totally agree, but but it's funny like as soon as I moved out, it took me all of a month living on my own, and I was like, oh my gosh, I'm a jerk, Like this is not okay. And again, not to speak ill of my father, rested Peace Pops, but like in that way, he was very chauvinist. Like I know, I've told the story on the show before where I was. He told me when I was like five or six, because I wanted something. It's like sounds like you need a job. And I was campaigning and one of the things I offered to do, weirdly enough, was dishes, and he's like, I got your mom to do the dishes. You gotta find a job that I already.
Speaker 2: I'm not wrong, not wrong, not wrong.
Speaker 6: My mom hated using the dishwasher too. It was more used for like pot storage, than ever to clean anything. She liked doing everything by hand. Still to this day does not have a dishwasher in her house.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't make sense sometimes to use the dishwasher when you can just wash it by hand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but a whole family. You got a family of four that just had dinner that you prepared everything.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean yeah, I mean, I like, I'll put the plates in the dishwasher. But in terms of all the stuff I used to make dinner, you clean that.
Speaker 2: As you go my hand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I guess that makes sense. I do, I do pretty much except for pots. I will I will hand wash a pot.
Speaker 2: This can't be interesting for anyone.
Speaker 5: One quarter like five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all to a skillet. I'll watch the skillet.
Speaker 5: Talk to me about your skillet. What kind of skillet do you have?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 6: I have multiple skillets because my son to kind of what why this maybe stood stood out to me As my son loves to cook and he is he lectures us, I'm already blanking on it.
Speaker 2: He would slap me across the face if I allowed it.
Speaker 6: There's a word that starts with M that in the in the cooking world, it's like getting a little char Yes.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we have a whole thing about that.
Speaker 2: You said like it came up.
Speaker 6: You looked like we had a whole session about his love of mayard.
Speaker 4: You told doctor mcgilli cutty you would never bring it up again.
Speaker 2: That was really fun for me to be in the room for.
Speaker 1: I don't remember exactly what it is.
Speaker 6: Well, your emotions, I remember, because you seem very unhappy.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to explain it because I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 5: Well, why was it a thing? Why are you shaking your word? Is it dirty? No?
Speaker 2: How can you make me are dirty?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Anyway, he likes high heat, which has a tendency to ruin nonstiff pans. If anybody who has a discovery at home. So he was like, he was new to cooking, and I let him just do whatever he wants in the kitchen so he can learn. And he's tore up so many skillets in my house and so now I'm like, you can only use the cast iron skillet. That is only that is the only thing you were allowed to cook on because he made me buy a stainless steel one, and even that one, it's like if everything sticks to it and it's just awful, and then he doesn't always clean it, which drives me nuts.
Speaker 5: That's the thing with those cast iron you gotta be a cast iron is pretty bulletproof.
Speaker 4: I mean you could screw it up and then clean it, receipt, reseason it, and it's very hush back. It's those non sticks that once you break that surface or it's over, it's yeah, trust me. Like I have not mentioned the incredible amount of whatever that is made with is now.
Speaker 5: In your food. Can't do Yeah, it's made with a bunch of cancer coding.
Speaker 6: I tried to explain that to my son, but he's sixteen, and so all of the words.
Speaker 5: I believe he's sixteen, isn't it crazy?
Speaker 6: He's going seventeen and a few He told me recently. He told me this yesterday and I like looked at him, like you idiot.
Speaker 5: Know.
Speaker 6: He was like, Dad, I have basically like two more years of school.
Speaker 2: And I was like what, No, what are you talking?
Speaker 5: And then I was like, oh, he's shocked by this development.
Speaker 6: This is again I say this. I said this about being teenagers. So far it worked out middle school, middle school.
Speaker 2: I hate.
Speaker 6: I hate being a parent of a middle school kid. Teenagers have not been bad so far, other than if once you get used to desensitized to the not listening. But now I'm really finding myself getting excited. Guys, I'm getting excited about like adult children, really stoked for when they get to like graduate high school, are living starts in my mind.
Speaker 1: Your kids to find their wife the way you found your wife.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no idea. How much you have you have struck a chord.
Speaker 6: And there's a there's been many a late at night pillow conversation between my wife and I where there's there's romance on the horizon for my older son with a young lady that her family is great. She's a very like just level headed young lady. And so I'm very I'm very excited about this. And I've been planning the wedding pretty much.
Speaker 2: I've never done this, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: What has your son said about this? Wait, let's do it after the break. I'm dying.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad you can't listen to the show.
Speaker 5: Moorrow with Justin when we come back.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Justin Warshm was Johnny. So we're talking about parenting. Yeah, let's discuss this. This is you already planning your kid's wedding.
Speaker 6: So there's a story behind it in that when my high school drama group was doing School of Rock and we were touring to like elementary schools and doing.
Speaker 5: This when you were in it.
Speaker 6: When I was in high school and after Natalie and I got together and we were going to get married, each of our parents said to us separately. My father said, you know what's funny. When you guys were doing that School of Rock. I noticed Natalie and I was like, she seems like a nice girl. That would be a good fit for Justin. And then Natalie's mom saw me, but her impression to me was like, he looks so sad and lonely.
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet.
Speaker 5: That was depressed kid.
Speaker 2: I was just.
Speaker 5: Cheer me up.
Speaker 6: So anyway, so there was there's this girl that uh, my son uh is in choir with and uh they they had a moment where they were partnered together a while ago, and I was like it seems like a nice, like level headed girl, but I don't want to get involved. I purposely of like whatever, you know, I never said anything to him.
Speaker 5: You're not going to steer him towards her.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: Until he said that there might be mutual interest between the two parties.
Speaker 5: Is and how he said it.
Speaker 2: No, no, he said, I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't do it without saying the poor young lady's name, and that's not fair to her or really him, to be honest, call her, by the way, I'm already sweating that you're going to say the exact right name.
Speaker 5: She's not, I'm not. Let's call her Valentina Valentino.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, that's good. All right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so val he was like, hey, I think Valentina might like me, and the excitement that I had to restrain to me.
Speaker 2: And then later that night when the kids.
Speaker 6: Are all going to bed, and I got to tell Natalie like like we were two girls, says.
Speaker 2: I was like, you're not gonna believe this, but for a long time I've been seeing this girl. And I was like, and now, by what have it happened?
Speaker 1: I totally envisioned you and your wife having those slumber parties all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she doesn't get as excited.
Speaker 5: You're books sitting on the couch with your pillows and you're holding them on your your little top of coffee or.
Speaker 6: All of it's ride, except for all you're describing is my side of it.
Speaker 1: He goes full blow, dude, and she's just so, she's like, he's going to bang around a little bit first, justin.
Speaker 5: She you got to see what he likes out there first, sitting on the bed, scratching off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have time. I've already used all my words today.
Speaker 5: Get some milk from for free from these cows. First, she's scratching.
Speaker 2: And she literally told me at one point he.
Speaker 6: Does it differently than the rest of us. Shennon, it's okay.
Speaker 2: At one point you literally told me, she.
Speaker 6: Goes, you have to calm down with this because you can't come in too hot, which now I make jokes about it constantly, like and I even said to him, I was like, because he has a rule that he can't have people ride with other kids ride with him unless I've had a conversation with the parents. And so I was like, Hey, do you want me to reach out to her parents so that you can ask her out. He was like, I think it's a little soon for that. I was like, oh, okay, I have to make some calls to cancel venues in the next eight years.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I might have jumped the gun on this man. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Do you like the idea of an outdoor wedding?
Speaker 1: So where are we at? We think there's mutual entry.
Speaker 2: There's definitely mutual interest. Uh, and we're waiting.
Speaker 5: For texting going on.
Speaker 6: Oh, definitely lots of texting. Lots of texting that's happening. And I am again, both of my sons have the nicest, sweetest young ladies that they one has got a girlfriend. The younger one's got a girlfriend and she's she's very kind. I want him to go have dates with her, but I'm.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to not like he's fourteen.
Speaker 2: He's thirteen, all right, but he's been on other dates with other.
Speaker 6: Girls where we picked them up and then he opens the door for her and then they go sit at like a separate table at a diner and have their own little thing.
Speaker 5: Like, oh my god, helicopter parenting for a second. I just need to talk to shan for a second, off your headphones and everything.
Speaker 4: Should we do you think we should intercept the text messages between Justin and his kids, just to temper Justin's reaction to his kids, Like hey, guys, uh, just.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, like, maybe they should come to us before they go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to learn kids speak like you know Finn and uh you know.
Speaker 5: Wait what is that.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Justin?
Speaker 5: Okay, Justin, you can come back.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you guys are as excited as I am.
Speaker 1: Right kind of man, I feel like you're like ruining your kid's game, probably by just having this vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Well you listen, I think you could pull pull it off where you're like whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dad, do that normal? What do you just did?
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 4: And I can't whatever?
Speaker 5: Whatever, and listen. You know her name?
Speaker 4: This is also this is also a step far beyond anything I had this early on in my kid's relationships with anybody which was name.
Speaker 2: I know her.
Speaker 5: I didn't bother with the space. You know, just Justin's a woman.
Speaker 1: He probably probably girl's social Security number. He's like me track he had a first name and found out everything about this girl within six seconds, just.
Speaker 5: The last four exactly. It's a brilliant.
Speaker 2: Listen again, I know there are lots of things.
Speaker 5: Have you bought them a home? Yet?
Speaker 6: If I had the down I did make that joke, though I joke.
Speaker 2: He gets it. He knows me well enough to know.
Speaker 5: Oh boy.
Speaker 6: There are very few things in my relationship with my sons and even my family, like so much of their life has been me being the like authoritarian person of like this is how it's gonna go.
Speaker 2: We're going to bed at this time, and I don't know what.
Speaker 6: It is about.
Speaker 5: While you're holding a pillow on your lap. Yeah, okay, So have you have you had a conversation about sex?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, we talked about that a couple of times.
Speaker 6: I feel like what I've decided with my sons is I told them that all of the various items or I call what I call them bedroom bucket list items, I go, you could check that off after you hit twenty five or when you're married.
Speaker 2: Right, this is not the time I go.
Speaker 6: Right now, at this age, I said I would encourage you, not because I'm spiritual, but just because I think it's just better. Honestly, Is that I said, I understand the curiosity. I said, I would encourage you to wait until you get married, because I think that the stronger connection you have with that person, the better the experiences. I said, but I understand that there can be some excitement with like a fleing kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I know it's not something I've ever experienced, but I was.
Speaker 6: Like, I get that too, I said, but the big thing for me is you have to be a gentleman, and the girl drives the boat, so she decides what is okay and what isn't. And that every time I've said this to both my sons, every time they decide to level.
Speaker 2: Up the experience.
Speaker 6: For lack of a better way of putting it, I go, I think it's important that you say, hey, like I'm this is good for me. I'm cool with this, but we don't have to do this so that you like me like I don't. I don't need this for me to like you back, because I feel like young ladies, and I know I'm being wildly chauvinistic.
Speaker 2: And sexist, but they're my kids, so I'm going to do it.
Speaker 6: I feel like girls in their teenage years, they start to if they have feelings for a boy, they feel this pressure to feel like, these are the things I have to do because he's a nice guy and I don't want to lose him.
Speaker 5: The girls give the sex to get the love. The guys give the love to get the sex.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I I just so and so far it's worked, like I but both of my I was a little worried about the younger one, but as he's grown up, he's he's so sweet and so giving, like with all of the relationships he's had. He likes to give him a little. He just wants to love both of them, like, and they're they're not over there. They don't make out or they're not like overly. Well, my older son that there was a comforter. Yeah, that's what I mean. He likes to cuddle like his old man.
Speaker 1: But that's that was awful for him and me. Justin thank you very much.
Speaker 2: At the top of the.
Speaker 1: Trending my son Everard, I like god, it was awful, so bad.
Speaker 5: I'm still not over it. Harley riding down the street and never coming.
Speaker 2: Back had a pretty good run.
Speaker 5: Sunday, Thank you, justin jury and we'll continue right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap