Speaker 1: He listen to Commentic Who Cook Podcast Episode forty six on Brandlam. Here's Ryan and Never. We're gonna do the first.
Speaker 2: Post Joe CCO show by talking about dragon Stove legendary bros.
Speaker 1: Now in Ryne Good.
Speaker 2: Hey Ryan, We're back and forget another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 1: How you doing good? What is going down? Whole bunch is going down.
Speaker 2: We're back in the first show of the post Joe era. We got the legendary bros from dragon Stowe Orm. We've got some stories to tell, some.
Speaker 1: People to thank.
Speaker 2: Before we get to any of that stuff, you have to thank our official business, Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot com the source for all your gaming needis or you can use extra special promo code CCO Holiday save yourself five percent off all your cards, all your sealed product, all your playmats, I all the stuff you could possibly want, even board games and other kinds of accessor reason.
Speaker 1: I have not mentioned yet today. Also we have to thank Pile of Bones Brewing Coat.
Speaker 2: They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina, as well as being the official beer sponsor for c.
Speaker 1: CEO Falk Slam.
Speaker 2: Season three, Episode three recording next week right here on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, so here's the thing. You went so fast I couldn't even show all our new animations. Oh shit, Sean, you went so fast you couldn't even finish talking about Sidewalk Slam. Oh my god. And you'd see the new animations. If you're watching on YouTube, it should.
Speaker 2: Be because me and Ryan and Lbie and Gary are working really hard to pick up the slack left behind by Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very much so. And man alive. I I'm in the middle of the second game of Sidewalk Slam two. It's coming out. Sorry for the delay. Every single thing in the world has gotten in the way of that, including turk here Dragon story where I am going to Fusion Gaming Online dot com and using CCO holiday promo code to pick me up a play booster box for the CEO dude bros. To open, drink beer and have a gay old time. What. I didn't know we were doing that. I just made that up. Oh are you actually gonna do it though? Yeah? Okay, good, yes, alas people have Oh I'm gonna do it anyways, I might as well spend less money. There we go.
Speaker 2: It is a lot of people been asking is there gonna be a brand a C C A BBO on the C C O Y t C for this one. Alas No, with the upping cost of of packs, and with Vegas and Final Fantasy coming up, I haven't I don't know anybody who's doing a collector box, so.
Speaker 1: Last there will be no BBO on this one. Uh.
Speaker 2: But but Final Fantasy, we are gonna do a live one in Vegas with everybody.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a lot of oh yeah, so good, so good, so good, and oh Final Big goes out too, and you already did it, but I'll do it as well. Producer Gary and LB from the dufferin Avenue Media Network Studio Network correct studio. Man. Now that he's pointed out to me, LB was like, it's not the damn network because the N damn stands for network.
Speaker 2: So now when I say damn, I have to make sure that I don't say the N part. So it's just damn like a beaver dam and then network and I just say the N at the end.
Speaker 1: Random, What that was the whole joke when we say damn network studio network network, network studio. Yeah, that was the joke. Oh, I hope that the camera can pick up LB and Gary laughing excellent, or the microphones.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, now that we've ironed that wrinkle out, yes we can move on.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, we are. We're talking about the legendary creatures from Turk here dragon stars. Yes, I was drawn on a blank. But before we get to it, on last piece of podcasting business. Okay, we have a couple Patreon supporters to thank, one returning, one brand new and they need and or need to be reminded of their nicknames. And these ones are fricking easy. Okay, So here's the deal. Patreon dot com slash CEO podcast. Great way to get into our Discord community. And I've made a commitment that I want to play more games online this year. There you go, especially because it's hard for me to get into the LGS on time to actually get into a game there because I live out in the middle of a field. Yes, so great way to get into the Discord. That's where I'm gonna find my games, the truth. Second thing, you get your invite and help plan the CEO experiences if Vegas is full, but you can still of course contribute and plan and help pick and talk about meetups. And get discounts on CEO merchant stuff. When you're a patron, we'd still love to see if you come out Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's always a good time. And is it Hot Lanta? Is that what they call it? Yes, Hot Lanta coming up, and it's gonna be very exciting. I'm very excited for that one.
Speaker 1: We're all going to get together and wrestle an alligator. I'm oh, I thought we were just gonna like oil up in some olive oil like an ancient Greece and wrestle an alligator. Yeah. Oh yeah, Oh those longs, the's oil. I'm happy. Okay, we can oil. Okay, yeah, I want to slip through their jaws. You got to be oiled up. Oh that was not the only thing. I'll be slipping otherwise somebody get hurt. I suppose come on, so great ways, all the best benefits to become a new patron along with your Patreon nickname. Okay, we've got a returning patron with the truth. This is low hanging fruit or low hanging rod in this case, this is Nathan Penrod. I think that you laughed that hard the first time. He's a returner Penrod. Uh you sure? Yeah? Pean pean rod. Yes, welcome, welcome back, and if you've been here very much so okay new also low hanging fruit. Okay, okay, Now I'm gonna I'm gonna spell the word petit p e t i t pettit or or p tit p tit p tit Bobby p tit Bobby. Yes, no king shaming in the nation or Bobby Pettitt. He probably do pet Bobby. I wouldn't he could though, Again, no king shaming in the nation? Do which want? And an Adian? All good for him? Yeah, I'm sorry. I don't know. I don't know how to react to that anymore. Mostly I'm sorry because of the cost of living, the cost of groceries, and the cost of magic cards, mostly the cost of magic cards.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we're going through our twelfth fucking boat of winter here. I don't know where Bob Pettitt is from, but Jesus with another blizzard today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the fine fuck is going on? That's very much it, That's very much it. And I'm out of practice. We got all these new graphics. I didn't even use the Patreon one. LB's gonna be like that. Well, because we're going to use it for the next four eighty six shows. Now I'm gonna have to do it all on post. Thanks editor, Joe. Yeah, wait to freaking thrill out. Yeah, he's haunting us from the grave.
Speaker 2: Why don't you throw discs at baskets and have a good day.
Speaker 1: I hope you do well. Speaking a good day, I want to have a good day with some legendary creach from from tark Here dragon Storm. Is that possible? I think so? Okay, and I've convinced me I've got a few things here on my mind as of late regarding tark Here dragon Storm. Okay, there's not pretty many, no, which I actually like, I do too. A couple of years ago we were complaining. We talked about on the pre show yesterday. Briefly, there's what is a twenty six thirty thirty twenty six, twenty six. Usually it's like, oh, fifty nine seventy five of them.
Speaker 2: Usually every good creature is a legendary one. And in the last set they even memed on them and had a bunch of legendary uncommons with no text on them, just because.
Speaker 1: Like yes, and last year twenty or twenty twenty three and twenty two, we saw sets that had more than one hundred legendary creatures insane. And that's not us complaining, because I think more is better and I like running into legendary creatures that I've never heard of before. Yeah, But at the same time, I like the emotional investment in the character or the story or something that very accurately represents what I think the color pie is or or like in this case, the three color shards. Sure, I like that, and I'm trying to balance that against like the three color creature that is whoever, Sure, and another version of that same character on a card. I'm trying to balance that because I'm not sure if I like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I understand what you're saying, and I will. We will take this journey together, is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: And and I'm trying to balance that with Man, I've got two versions of this same character. I like both cards, but I don't like that it's the same guy. It's not so bad.
Speaker 2: I don't mind having a bunch of different of the same dude. I have every Cranko in my Goblin deck, I suppose, And you know what works really.
Speaker 1: Good together, Cranko and Cranco and Cranko. Yeah, Cranko and his brother Cranko and their other fucking second cousin, Crankel. That's right. They work very well together. Yeah, good homies. Wow. Can I argue with Crankel? Can't? If you do, buddy, CRANKLLL beat you. I help boss your mob Yeah, okay, king your pin. I don't remember what the other guy is called. Oh. I like getting my kingpinned and that's right, like my crank pinned. I love getting my nope, my mob crank Yeah, now we're talking. Yeah. I love the art in this set. There there is a few legendary creatures in their regular art and there I guess they're pre con. They're pre con widescreen art like their full art version that I really like. Okay, I mean so, I really dig that. There's lots of pieces of art that I like, and I kind of want to kind of want to build these. I'm like, I'm gonna these, You're gonna build more than one? I'm thinking about it. I'm really looking at a bunch of them that I that I either want in ninety nine's of my deck and I don't have a deck that they'll go in. Or is it just like, hey, build that guy and put the other guys in that I also want probably see me.
Speaker 2: I'm the exact oppos So I'm gonna build none of these, and I'm gonna save the last two spots in my lineup for Final Fantasy guys.
Speaker 1: Finn, two spots in your lineup? Yep, I get I can.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do thirty That's my plan because that's how much I have space for it.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just once you just do like thirty four and do one of every color combo?
Speaker 2: Well, because then I have to start stacking stuff on top. And I have three mono red decks and like four girls, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to cut that down. Uhh. And you don't want fifty decks? Yeah, I don't fuse. That's just irresponsible.
Speaker 2: Well that's too many. I could never maintain all those.
Speaker 1: I have enough trouble as it is. I can't argue, right like I can't argue. Man can't argue.
Speaker 2: I was going through my decks for EDH and M after the show to day because we're recording on a different day, and I just picked the ones that I forgot I had, so I brought all of the decks I forgot I had together to EDH and.
Speaker 1: M tonight, Uncle Brando, everybody. Yeah, oh, very excellent. Okay, well let's get into some creech. Okay. I wanted to talk about some new merch for Vegas. I'm gonna have some merch in time. But that's exciting. I don't have it ready, and I don't have any pictures for for the YouTube people, so I just want to move right into it. Okay. And here's here's where I got to start controlling the new graphics like a totally professional podcasting professional with my phone in my hand. Yes, I was hoping that they would have more colorful buttons. And we have more colorful buttons for this LB. Is that a thing? We can do? The buttons? Just my man? Okay, yes, yes, because him and I when we did it last week, forgot to save it. The first freaking rule is make sure you save your work.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it remind you before you close the program? Even would you like to save all this work?
Speaker 1: I just left. I just left. I don't know. I probably had to go to a hockey practice, or I was angry or both. You were angry that you had to go to a hockey practice.
Speaker 2: Who are we starting with today and offendza unyielding lineage.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start at the very bottom and work our way, uh, starting with a frickin' banger hand. Yes, this card is not very good. No it's not. It's a Spirit Soldier for white and two. It's a two to two with flash and first strike. Whenever another non token you control dies, she what is it? Endurers two endures two.
Speaker 2: Which means she gets two plus one plus one counters. Yep, keep your eye out for cards that say those.
Speaker 1: Words on it.
Speaker 2: Or you make a two to two shitty ghost, which means a ghost that does not fly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she's a first strike flash two to two for two. Yes, excellent limited card. Oh my god, they had to put this at rare because it's too good for limited. When she enters or no, when she dies, No, when another thing dies, oh another thing.
Speaker 2: When another not token dies, you make a token or she gets bigger.
Speaker 1: So I can't even like flash block with my token. That it's she gotta done. I went from thinking this card was good for just one second. No it's not.
Speaker 2: She's kind of on interesting, not very good. Maybe in the ninety nine somewhere possibly in a deck that has greens, you could have a doubling season.
Speaker 1: I hear that's a good card. I never heard of her. But other than that, she's she's made at best. She's a utility creature. I would argue. Anna Fenza is from the Abzen clan too, right, so you would pay play pair her with green and or black.
Speaker 2: Yes, theoretically, so you have creatures that die and sack and come back. Sure, yes, but I think that she's just here because they needed an anafensa card.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they're like, well, we've got this one.
Speaker 2: Let's just erase the name, make it legendary and call it Anafenza.
Speaker 1: And I think she's dead now because she's actually a ghost. Good, that's what That's what aiden on. Commander Munch's will.
Speaker 2: Tell us she will, she will, he will, and I will go yeah, good now, I know that it's.
Speaker 1: What I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's move on to our first face, Commander Homie in Betur Ancestor's voice.
Speaker 1: Dude, And this one might win for my favorite art out of all the Legends, possibly the whole set. Wow, I really like this piece. The colors, the lighting, the orange and blue kind of together. How how the sun coming down makes its wings look like, I don't know, translucent sort of it looks brown? And what do you call it? Betur better? Better betur betur buttour? Oh bitur? Yeah, but tour and sister's voice is a five to three Spirit Dragon for green, black, white, two flying life Link. Oh, we're doing pretty good here, sure. This is a three to five flying Lifelinker for five. Yeah, it's pretty good, not too bad. At the beginning of your end step, put a number of plus one plus one counters on up to one target other creature you control, equal to the amount of life you gained this turn. So it's three plus one plus encounters on another creature unless you gained more life than that. Unless you're gained more life than that, like if you were playing a lifelink deck their soul sisters or some other buds, or if you had an exanguinate Yeah, we'll continue, Okay, okay, return up to one target creature card with man of value less than are equal to the amount of life you lost this turn from your graveyard to the battlefield. So we could gain life and lose life. Yes, we would want to maybe pay a whole bunch of life, or card draw bunch of life, or just lose life to get stuff back from our graveyard. Here's what you do. You play this, okay, you use the green part of your library to make better big, yes, making better better? If you will, I will.
Speaker 2: You then attack in for a bunch of life gain. Then you pay a whole bunch of life into your necropotens. Then at the end of your turn, you put all those cards into your hand, putting you above seven. So you discard the card the creature that you want.
Speaker 1: Into your bin, and then you get it back because you know exactly how much life you've gained. That's really freaking good. That's what I do. That's that's what I do. If I was doing this, and realistically you're playing the color and white that tutors for enchantments, yep, the color in black that tutors for freaking anything yep. And theoretically you don't need the green portion to make better better. You could just attack and gain life and put the plus one counters on up to one other target creature. Oh they figured me out.
Speaker 2: Well, that you put onto one of your sisters that you're probably playing, sure your soul ward is gonna get in for four now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I think that this this card is good. I think that the deck that this runs is very resilient, agreed, and always gets its guy back.
Speaker 2: I think that this is the five color Mono White Angel, Aaron pick of the set that he's probably gonna want to build because it's a Soul Sister's very geared deck that will be very resilient and very good and see you soaring up in your life.
Speaker 1: Total. You can play all the Soul Sisters because you've got white, black, and green for that essence. Warden, You've got the Debt to the Deathless and exanguinate colors. You've got the tutor colors. You've got frick Man, this card's good. This is very good, this car and it's in the correct colors for it to be in. Yes, yes, yeah yeah. If it said everything exactly the same except it was white, blue, green, I'd be like, oh, this card is is still a good card based on all the words that are on it. But blue is wrong. You take a hike, take a hike blue. Should we talk about another better? Yes?
Speaker 2: Maybe this is better better. Let's see if better better is better? When he is kin to all, he's a five to seven for five.
Speaker 1: That was good. He has flying and at the.
Speaker 2: Beginning of your end step, if creatures you control have total toughness ten or greater.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like this draw card, then total toughness toughness toughness.
Speaker 2: Then if those creatures have total toughness twenty or greater, untap each creature you control.
Speaker 1: Then if creatures you control.
Speaker 2: Have total toughness forty or greater, each opponent loses half their life rounded up.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think better, better might be better. I think better better might be better as well. And here's why I think better, better is better is this is literally frickin' butt tree guy. What's his name? Doran? Oh no, we're gonna run into him later. Oh yes, I know, but this is Doran's deck. But it's better better, better is better Dorin deck. Yes, man, this is getting better and better better. Better's doorn deck is better than Doran's deck. Yes, because it gives you the card draw and it gives you the damage without having to attack and tap your guys, so your huge butt blockers can still block. And Better's better Dorrin deck. We did it. That's pretty good. I'd like both betters I think that they're both very cool as well.
Speaker 2: Not again my style of deck either one of them, but both are cool and I can see why people would want to play them. And I'll bet you if you run into one better, the better deck would be made better by including better m yep.
Speaker 1: And if you see anybody else.
Speaker 2: Playing in Absen right in Abs and Soul Sister's deck, you could say, I can't believe it's not better. You could say that, yeah, if it's not better, of course it'd be made better if it was better. I say that, But lots of stuff all the time.
Speaker 1: And now it's going to be really confusing. There's a card that's got the name I am. I'm so confused, very strange. Should you move on to the next face, Commander, Absolutely, And I'm gonna add that this is another card that I A like, B like the colors, CE like the creature type, and D really like the art. Wow. Okay, yes, okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna throw an E. I don't like this one. Her name starts with an E.
Speaker 2: It sounds lazy to me. It feels lazy to me. I'm gonna tell you why in a second. Elsa threefold Master.
Speaker 1: You want to read, you read Elshaer threefold master blue black white, full stop blue red white. That's what I said, Yes, I heard it. I heard it. Gin Monk monk important, very good. Monk goes in our command rite. Yes, very good. Okay, trample prowess. Whenever you cast non creature thing, she gets plus one plus one till under turn neat non creature thing mind not instant sorcery. You could cast artifacts, so cheerios. Or you could pair this card with frickin' underworld breach and and brain freeze, Like what the fuck is even that? Like man, Okay, whenever Elsa deals combat damage to a player, create that many one to one white monk creature tokens with prowess. They have prowess too, And you're in the color that has multiple attack steps. So if you just like breach and freaking mill your self, yep, you breach and mill yourself, or like dramatic reversal scepter yourself, yep, and that counts as casting because because Ice Coronceptor casts and freakin' you make her big and you just mill yourself until you hit an extra combat step and then you freaking pasted in flames, also yourself, and then all of your guys that you got from Elsa being huge already all have haste now because your creatures gain haste when you get extra combat step.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to hit with her first, yes, and then you gotta make the combat step after that.
Speaker 1: Yes. And here's why I don't like this car. I think it's freaking great. Here's here's why, because if you took the why off, it's just another is it spell slinger card, but this one has white on it so they can make tokens. And it just feels a little bit, well, we need a Jests guy card. Well, let's just play blue and red bullshit.
Speaker 2: And also it can make bodies, so you don't have to worry about adding.
Speaker 1: Creatures to your deck because she'll just do it for you.
Speaker 2: And somebody went, sure thing, boss, and then they hear it is and I was saying it's bad.
Speaker 1: I just think it's kind of a lazy design.
Speaker 2: This is what I expect a Jests Guy commander to do, and it does it very well and it looks very good doing it.
Speaker 1: But other than that, it's kind of a it's kind of a ho hummer for me as well.
Speaker 2: I can see why people are going to play it, and I think that people should be right to be excited about it.
Speaker 1: But I'm this is me wiping my fucking hands with it. I am not going to go past ho hummer yep, because I love getting ho hummed. Just throwing that out fair point yep. And I love that she's a monk and I have a place for her already. And because she's a face commander, she's automatically like the most pimped version of her card that goes right into my deck. Yeah, and everything after Monk, because look, we've got a Nameline, then we have a Typeline, right, Typeline says Monk. Yeah. Literally everything else is gravy. So this card freaking good. Okay, next card.
Speaker 2: My least favorite art is on the regular card, the one that's on the screen right now.
Speaker 1: Oh what have you done?
Speaker 2: Because I went through and I made sure that all of the cool ones were on the show because I always used to think, Man, I hope that Joe's doing this the way that I would like to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, now you have the opportunity. This is why, this is why that extra time is important. Okay, So this on the screen, if you're watching on YouTube, which should be is the ink blot clan background drawing.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's got like the team or symbol in the background, and it's got like the smears of paint indicating the colors of the thing.
Speaker 1: Yes. And then it's supposed to be claws right yep, okay, And then.
Speaker 2: It's got like half the card as black. So this is Eski Dragon Claw. It's Team aer in one for a four to four vigilance trample ward one. So it already sounds like a Teamer card. Up at the beginning of combat, on your turn, if you've cast both a creature and a not creature spell, this turn, draw card.
Speaker 1: To put two plus one plus one counters on her.
Speaker 2: That's our second instance of putting two plus one plus one counters on our commander.
Speaker 1: Or the creature man. This card is almost there. She's almost there. But it says at the beginning of combat, if you've cast both a creature and a non creature, so okay, cast two spells, you get the bonus. Cool. It fits into like that that cast two things flurry ability that they're doing in this set, though it isn't that because they specifically want a creature in a non creature, right, But it's a fricking triggered ability that triggers at combat, not just every second spell you cast whenever you do it or whenever you do it. If I had creature with flash and non creature on your turn, but it says at the beginning of combat on my turn almost there, almost frick The only the only like fix or cure for that is just stuff every extra combat in there that you can, and then you make your guy huge. You draw a ton of cards and you just beat you just squashed dinks. You turn them into bookmarks.
Speaker 2: So this is the second card in a row that's just mash extra combat spells.
Speaker 1: Yes, a great set. I'm pretty sure that's what targ Here's about. Why do you like this? I don't know. I don't And it's not because I'm looking so far ahead. This is just like, okay, sure, it's another fucking brando. It's like if somebody gave you a meat and cheese burrito and you said this, I hate it. Would never do that. I would never do. I wouldn't would can't be done eske dragon claw burrito. Nope, not my thing. Ah wow, that green that green Man of symbol. Hey, it's like lettuce. Yeah, I'll take it. We think it really broccoli, and I really like brocato. Okay, okay, here's our second instance of same guy but different. Yes, this is another face commander. We should have mentioned, Uh, what's her name? That other girl lady is talking about?
Speaker 2: Elsha only has the face commander for the Commander deck.
Speaker 1: I hope that aden.
Speaker 2: All killer, no chiller filler. Miller explains that to us in Commander Munchies. I'm curious as to why she doesn't have a regular set card where everybody else does.
Speaker 1: Maybe she did, maybe she died. Maybe I don't know. She looks kind of like a ghost. Eskie teamers roar, Eski teamers roar. I like this art, I like the card. I like everything about this.
Speaker 2: So it's a two two for teamer. Yes, whenever you cast a creature spell, put a plus on plus one counter on a s GG.
Speaker 1: I wonder why you like that.
Speaker 2: If that spells powers for a greater draw card. If that spells power is six or greater, she does damage equal to her power to each opponent.
Speaker 1: I like this one. Ah, I think it's really close. I love that it's cast creature not etb so triggers don't cast, right, I like that drop card and you can just pound in like the cheapest guys that got four to four power toughness and just draw everything I'm thinking of, like Eski zero drop artifact and mirror enforcers and stuff. Not terrible, not a terrible strategy, right, fill it with some walkie bees, some hangy sack walkers, sure, and uh, some market sack walkers, yeah, cryptic trilobite sure, oh man okay, and and hydras yes, sure. And then at least like you're getting your money's worth for how much money you're spending. Yeah, and then six or greater sq deals power damage equal to her power. Frick frick so close, so close. I feel like this she's gonna get bigger.
Speaker 2: Like would this be I'm gonna say it shitty Anamar, Yes, this is shitamarh Right, it's got to say it's got one hundred sent more P and one hundred percent more T. I do like those things for the same Man of investment encourages you to do essentially the same thing that Animar does and then gives you just two different payoffs.
Speaker 1: Which Animar, Yeah, Animar realistically because as you got pro White and Pro Black, so you can attack with him when he's huge and maybe get in and that is definitely a payoff, but it doesn't win you the game immediately. Like the payoff that is cost reduction, this just has two payoffs that are draw card and you cast probably any guy in your deck pretty good or nearly any guy in your deck and deal damage equal to Eshki's power plus the number of guys you've cast, which actually gets really good because at the point in the game where you can cast maybe two six power guys, maybe they're shitty guys and they just have lots of power, or maybe you make actually a lot of manna and you chain two or three guys together in a two and all of a sudden, it's like, oh, I'm gonna deal damage to literally everything damage.
Speaker 2: And sometimes four and then five and then six and then seven in a turn is enough to each opponent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, each opponent. So you could maybe just go like, yeah, six power guy, six power guy, and then maybe those guys have haste, or maybe you've got other guys that are like, also, I'll hit you for twelve yeah, and it's like twenty four damage to somebody in a turn and that's that's payoff. It's not bad. Uh. And I love the mano cost that's my favorite manocost. Is it really? You got a favorite manocost? Yeah? Man red red four I like. I like red blue green straight up. That's a that's a friggin meat and cheese brito. Would let us gross? Yeah, I hate it. I'm sticking to it. That's my story. What about do you like paying black white green for stuff? Ah? Nope. Fellow thor dawn of the abs and what even is that? What is the fell owthor fellow th fello fellow fellow thar that's what I'm calling him, fullolth flotha is a three three with trample. What that sounds like we're going for some falaffel, some falafel, and we're gonna go for some floth man. I love flother.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's maybe he makes that in his hat. He takes his little hershey kiss hat off and then he makes.
Speaker 1: Hot pot in it floth. I don't know. I think that looks like aliens are invading, but they can't read my mind. If I have this hat on, it's a tinfoil ab.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's a three three with trample for Abzen whenever it comes into play or attacks. You can sacrifice a non land permanent if you do put a plus one plus one counter on each creature you control. That is shitty bug dude from Goldgary.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, what's his name? Frick I can't think of his name right now, but Alara plays him. They're yelling at us in the nation. They know who this is. It's just bad that bug guy. Malik Malik, Malick. No, fuck Mazarak. We're the greatest players. Were so good at this. Well it isn't it's not the same thing. And this guy has white in it. So you could blink this. Yeah, and if I blink this even like one time, it gets plus one plus one counter on each fricking guy.
Speaker 2: But you have one less guy. Hey, you have one less guy. I have to sacrifice something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you do have to sacrifice non land permanent. I could sacrifice anything. I could sacrifice something. That's true. You can do that in Mazak too, I could do I could sacrifice a clue. Could I could sacrifice a treasure? You could? I could sacrifice anything Mazaak.
Speaker 2: You could can't sacrifice that clue to draw card or sacrifice that treasure for a man out and get the same.
Speaker 1: In fact, so would I would argue, this is a lower powered version of a very very powerful card. Yes that I mean.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you really wanted to add white to your Mazarak deck to make a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Tokeny, very cool, good idea, yep, But like this, you know what this reads to me as and you hit it on the head if you wanted to add white to your Mazaric deck, I'm gonna suggest the opposite. I'm gonna say, I'm a new player. Me and my dad or whatever, go and get a box of tark Here Dragonstorm, and I open up a falafel Dawn of the Absen and I say, oh, I'm gonna build this token deck. I'm gonna do this thing where I sacrifice and get stuff back or I'm gonna blink. And that's what Absen is in my mind, because I've got all these tark Here cards that facilitate this strategy. Yes cool. Somewhere down the road in the future, I discover Mazarik Bug Sacrifice guy yep, and I say, oh my god, this is all the fucking white out of there. This is what I'm doing already except better. And since it's like some time later and my collection is grown, I don't need all this white token production and white cards that I just that I needed because my collection was small. I needed sixty cards in my commander deck. Well, now I have plenty enough in just green and just black, and I'm gonna do Mazarek. My manna base is going to get better because it's going to have less non basics that eat to be tapped, and it's going to have less chance to screw me over if I just want to run basics. So yeah, I could see this being a stepping stone to something like Mazarek. You know that's that's got to be the right name. I'm scared we're going to say the wrong name, and editor Joe's not going to put the actual right card on the screen. It's Mazak for sure. Definitely is Death Priest. Here's something I don't think, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Here's something that I don't think we've actually mentioned about this set in general, and these kinds of sets, when you have legends, there are lots and lots of colors. I would argue that they're exceptionally good for new players because you don't need as It's more difficult than you think to build a monocolor deck because there's a certain number of cards that you kind of need, and when you've got lots of colors to pick from, you have lots of options, and you're suddenly you're packs full of draft chack actually have a.
Speaker 1: Little bit more play and a little bit more utility.
Speaker 2: So if you wanted to do Mazurik, but like Ryan says, you just don't have enough green and black stuff to make it go, rather than pumping it full of just shitty artifacts that you own, now you can actually play well thought out selected cards that apply to your theme because you have an extra color. And I do appreciate that when I say something shitty Mazarik, it's also easier to build Mazarik if you're a new player that just wants to get into the strategy.
Speaker 1: I love that take. And you know what, the same exact thing can be said of undersupported kindreds and undersupported strategies like I talked about on the pre show yesterday. I talked about Trufus yep, and I'm playing nearly every single Sapralink card in shrufus and some are like not very good, some are like they they they rely on kicker. Yeah, I'm not gonna play that. And then there's a bunch of things that just reference tokens in general, yep. And then there's still not enough stuff. So I'm like, oh, I'm just gonna put Overwhelming, Yeah, East Master, an Overwhelming Stampede, and overrun. Good thing. Those cards are good and they work well with tokens. But the point is there's not actually enough cards that say the words sapperling on them to just build a deck in mono green. Yes, if you add in black or you add in white or both, there's plenty, But in just green.
Speaker 2: This might actually be kind of a neat sapriling commander, now that I'm thinking about it, the author, it could be. Okay, Now, let's talk about the card that I actually might put in a deck.
Speaker 1: The next Fel author. It's the only one. It's the next Falafel. This one is steadfast. Ooh, the steadfast Falafel. And this is also better Dorian. Oh.
Speaker 2: I think it even costs the same as Doran. It's the same size as Dora, and at zero five it's a human warrior instead of a tree folk. It has Doran's entire text blocks in each creature you control the sience of combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power. And it has two additional lines, one of which is creatures you control can attack as though they didn't have defenders, so your walls can beat the shit out of people. And more importantly, it has three tap sack another dude draw cards equal to the sacrifice creature's toughness than discard cards equal to its power.
Speaker 1: This is the first card where I said, what in the actual ass mother ass Mother of God, That's what I said. I said, it is Dorian is literally obsolete unless you're building it for tree folk purposes, because even the creature type human and warriors are better. Both of those are better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's just it's just better in can we say, can we actually say on the internet, this is a strictly better Doran unless you're doing tree folk.
Speaker 1: Can we say that does Doran cost one less? Doran is one less costs one less magic, and he is a tree folk shaman, so you're not comparing apples to apples because it's strictly unless this and this and this conditioner met removes it from the argument of strictly better, otherwise the Internet will get mad at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's better, though, it's if you're doing the Dorin thing and not the tree folk or shaman thing. You should be doing the falafel thing. Yes, and then if you're me, you should just ignore the first line and the second line and jump right down to sacrifice my creature in my dredge deck, to dredge half of my library and then dredge it some more.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was gonna say, get that frickin' guy from Lorain. That's a two twelve, that's a pay three draw ten. Yes, it's pretty good. I love during ten. I would love the draw ten.
Speaker 2: I would love to not draw ten and instead put twenty from my library into play and then just discard all the shit, put all the dredgers back in.
Speaker 1: So good. So I like that one, but for obvious scumbag reasons. Yeah, I think if you have Dorian or considered a butts matter deck, this is the commander. This is the de facto commander for that now, because it does the things that you want, and it also does the wall thing that who is it? Arcadies Arcadie's the strategist. Yeah, but of course doesn't have blue like Arcadies has, which.
Speaker 2: Is a thing because there's lots of good walls in blue, especially in white and blue.
Speaker 1: Yes, but we do have access to white here. Sorry, produced scary. Just punched the microphone and everybody listening at home. Yep, uh, we'll try not to do again. Yeah, this card's good. Yes, this is a very this is exceptionally good card. I expect to run into this card at LGS. Well, because it's a pre con. Oh yeah, oh oh, your card's gonna be everywhere. Those card lots of places. Yes, this card's gonna be everywhere.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be the dragon decks that get built from here. And I would argue this one because lots of people have those ass damage decks and now there's a reason to bust them out again.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They have E Honda, they have Dora, and they have Arcadies. Now they have this other new toy to play with, new card to try out.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool. Yes, Now, technically we have not hit the most popular legend from the set on E D h REC yet, and we also have not hit the most popular one from the pre cons either. We haven't hit the most popular one yet. Okay, so let's let's keep trucking until you want to go next.
Speaker 2: Cotis zip bang Champion ziploc bag Champion.
Speaker 1: Here we go, man, Okay, this is a I'll tell you, Okay, tell you something and you know me? I do you know that? I say Mono black zombie, best zombie, only way I'll play zombies. If I was gonna get get my mind changed, I was gonna switch teams. Okay, this would be the guy. It wasn't the esper guy from last set. No, too easy, okay, and we already bullied A definitely didn't mean to do that. We just started to make fun of him and he's like, okay, just would not reck commend you bully your friends? No, okay, cotis ziplock Bag Champion is Saltie.
Speaker 2: Do you think he broke his legs that we'd stop picking on him? You think he did it on purpose?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, he broke his leg worse than I did.
Speaker 2: Oh man, he wanted to be just like Ryan so that we'd stop bullying him. As if we don't bully Ryan?
Speaker 1: What what a bad place? I got freaking orange hair? I'm fucking forever Cotis ziplock Bag Champion, What's he do? Zombie Warrior three three? Only once during each of your turns, you may cast a creature spell from your graveyard by exiling three other cards from your graveyard in addition to paying its other costs. I will remind you that's underworld breach. Yes. Also, whenever one or more creatures you control uh enter or cast, if they're cast from a graveyard, but two plus one counters on Cotis. There's another example of put two plus counters on this commander. So if I do the Codis thing, whatis becomes a five to five. So if like I have I don't know an ornithopter in my graveyard, I have a five to five for three. Sure, that's okay, just hear me out. That's fine. If I fill the deck full of Cheerios creatures or one drops, right, I'm punching way above my weight class. And I'll have you know there's lots of one drop zombies like Crypbreaker and grave Crawler and Carrion Feeder. And even if you go outside of zombies, I'm just naming zombie because this guy's a zombie. Yeah, But then you could go like viscerous ere or blood gas that are really good. Blood gas would be really good. Yeah. So there's lots of one drops that make this guy a five to five for four or zero drops like rogugrac and Cobalds and shit ornithopters for blocking that you can just recast again. Really gives me Mulderrotha vibes in that way, sure, and also is a five to five for less than five mana Does this just go in Mauldrotha's the colors, right? Yes?
Speaker 2: I play this in the Moldrotha deck. Gives you access to an additional creature out of the bin. But I guess you have to just like get rid of some of your AMMO. But I mean maybe sometimes you.
Speaker 1: Just need two bros. Yes, Mouldrotha players can correct us. Sometimes you need two bros. Yes, And sometimes Moldrotha players don't really care if they're getting rid of some of the cards in their graveyard because they probably have twenty or more they have two Manny Anyway, Yeah, I think I think this guy's good. He kind of feels like Muldrotha Mini, but for half the manocost right right, Like he only is gonna get creatures and only once perturn, but Moldrothe's once perturned, but he's half the man and half the size until he's bigger. This guy's good.
Speaker 2: So if Moldrotha is like a garbage bag and this guy's a ziploc bag.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it works out. It works. That's all a matter of volume and perspective, because if you hold a garbage bag over your head or you hold a zip, this same thing's gonna happen. I was thinking you're gonna say, if you hold a garbage bag out really far.
Speaker 2: From you, and then if you hold the ziplock back with close your head, they kind of look the same size because perspective.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I meant. Okay, we're saying the same thing. Okay, excellent, Yeah, very good. Yeah, here's just I'm just talking about suffocating with one and you're talking about using it as I.
Speaker 2: See you're talking about sex stuff, and I'm talking about like how things look different when.
Speaker 1: They're far away. Oh no, I thought you were talking about sex stuff.
Speaker 2: No Oh, I meant really like you hold it far away. It's like how the end of my wiener is way smaller than the front of my wiener because it's so far away from me.
Speaker 1: I definitely thought you were making a pylon joke. Well, I mean it's only only because perspective that's kind of a three dimensional world. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. The vanishing point on my Wiener is insane anyway. It's like it's like when you're playing driving games on N sixty four. You can't even see the end of it because there's fog and there's loading time. Yeah, oh my god. The next cotis uh yeah, this is the next cotus currently is the most built commander on edh REC from the main set as of right now.
Speaker 2: Now, I actually really liked this one. Yes, I think this one's really cool.
Speaker 1: But then I talked myself out of it. So I'm gonna take you. I'm gonna take you for the ride here. So two to one for what.
Speaker 2: SALTI and one indestructible Zombie Warrior. Whenever it does combat damage to a player, exile the top X of their library, where X is the.
Speaker 1: Amount of damage you have dealt.
Speaker 2: You may cast any number of those spells with man of value X or less for free.
Speaker 1: Excellent. So it's doing stuff that I like to do, where I'm stealing cards from my opponent and playing them in this case for free, which I really like. I've been working really hard on my rev deck. This is kind of the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's along the same lines as a Gaunty or any of those other play your opponent's decks decks.
Speaker 1: Here's the issue with it. You want to do maximum.
Speaker 2: Damage with your guy, yes, so you're gonna sneak them in to do big damage. Let's say you want to genesis wave your opponent for I don't know twenty two.
Speaker 1: What do you get from that? Nothing? Because they're dead? Ah?
Speaker 2: And why you think, but your opponent's dead, Well, yeah, but so are you because now you're left with a tapped two one and nothing else. Or if you hit somebody for fifteen and you like just put all their stuff into play, well you can't hit him again.
Speaker 1: You're gonna lose all your stuff. I got a different one. I got a different so I just kind of So that's how I talked myself out of it. Like I was really excited about it, like, O, I'm gonna villin his wealth everybody, It's gonna be awesome. And then I was like, oh, then I'm swealth would be good with this. It's encouraging me to not beat my opponents. And I'm not into that. I'm just not into that. Could you could you go codis the Fankeeper? Yes, and you go no blocks, I go cool hatred for nineteen and then you go cool, I'm dead, and then I go, oh, I'm gonna mill nineteen and then I'm gonna go exanguinate for nineteen, gain all my life back. Well you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Why not because they're dead. Well there's other players, No, but they're dead, so all their cards go away. You're not milling your stuff, you're milling their stuff.
Speaker 1: So the top X cards of their library. Oh this card got way less good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're getting their stuff. So when they die, all of the cool shit that you've got, all the hard work you've done, goes away. So the more efficient your deck is being, the less you actually get to play it.
Speaker 1: And I don't like that. I can see why people are excited about it.
Speaker 2: I can't, but I think that once, I think the reality of this card is significantly worse than the actual practice of it.
Speaker 1: As card sucks. Yeah, oh what even is this? Yeah? It sucky? Ah.
Speaker 2: And anybody who's ever played a Genesis Wave you ever Genesis Way for fucking four.
Speaker 1: That sucks. You want a Genesis Way for twelve, but you can only do that? Can I literally six times? Can I make them deal combat damage to me? No? Can I donate them and then goat them? Like? Come on, I want him to hit me? This is sucky. Cast any number of spells. Men of excell People aren't gonna like playing against this anyways. No, because I'm past, I'm casting their stuff. Yeah. That's a cool picture though. Up on the screen there like that one. Oh yeah, that's his ink blot one. Yeah, I like that. Ah yeah, that one. That one. That one jives and it.
Speaker 2: Kind of looks like the symbol sort of looks like a butt cheek with a hair coming out of it.
Speaker 1: I think that's funny. That's what I see when I look at it. Skip the hair.
Speaker 2: Remember when we used to look at cards without my glasses on and I try and describe the art to you.
Speaker 1: Now they're just far now, they're far away, So it's basically the same thing. I want this guy to be far away. I'm gonna move to the next ca. Okay, Narseet Jess skuy Weaymaster is the next one. Okay, cool this is three four human monk again for just sky straight up. At the beginning of your end step. If you discard your you may discard your hand. If you do draw cards equal to the number of spells you've cast this turn.
Speaker 2: Remember when we talked earlier about hey, look it's another spell slinger fucking commander. Here's another spell slinging fucking command.
Speaker 1: This is another one where I said, what the hell even is that? Because I just think of going infinite with some of the very known and easy two card two or three man of infinite jes Ski combosp just like you can do in Elsha, just like you can do with the other NAR said and say, oh man, this is basically draw my whole deck at my at my end step, and it's like a draw X in my command zone. Yeah, and could I could I go infinite during my end step at the beginning of my end step I discard my hand. Could I could respond to that? Because that's triggered ability, I could do the whole thing. And then when the ability like I could go infinite whatever dramatic reversal, let's say yeah, and then do that like seventy times, draw seventy and then cast an instant all during my end step, right, probably because this the game is going to check state based effects and give everybody priority. After an end of or after a beginning of end step ability resolves, people get priority again. Right. Yeah, so I could do that if I let this resolve after comboing and then hold priority.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it wouldn't go on this, it wouldn't go on the stack again. But you just you just dramatic reversal but do nothing else, and then in your end step you draw your whole library and win.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you have to do that probably an instant speed, unless you have like a reliquary tower or something or a because you're dramatic reversaling to make mana in all likelihood and then you would like comet storm or something with said mana. Yes that's pretty good. Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: So there you go nar set or fully fair and balanced nar set. Finally, Oh yeah, definitely, definitely, you got to.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it at the end step. It's totally fair.
Speaker 2: Nothing says super fun game like a non determinist jes sky Storm combo that has to try and draw into its win.
Speaker 1: It's my next T shirt idea. Non deterministic combos when or something like that, right, And I kind of I kind of think this is like a Wheel of Fortune deck, because you know how we have like wheel wheel decks. But I'm not sure if this is a wheel deck or not, or if this is just like a play a bunch of ship deck. I think this is to play a bunch of ship deck.
Speaker 2: It's it's the storm deck that draws another hand at the end and then try to if the turn wasn't long enough, they're gonna take two.
Speaker 1: Sure nerriv nerriv and NERIV. We've got two of these, uh mar now mar and two four four Spirit Dragon Flying Death Touch. This will card's really weird. When it enters create two one read Goblin creature tokens and listening. Yeah exactly. When it attacks, exile a number of cards from the top of your library equal to the number of differently named tokens you control during any turn you attacked with a commander, you may play those cards. Huh. It looks like prosh, It reads like prash. It says Goblin something like prash, and I'm like, hey, this is prash. And then there's a whole bunch of bullshit that it's like a whole bunch of Then it reads like comball number comeball, I do comball the I think we ranked him like the worst pre con commander ever at the time, and he's still not very good, and they're just trying it again in Mardo. This card is so weird. During your turn, any turn you attack for the commander, you may play those cards. Is the same paragraph of texts as whenever it attacks. Yeah, so it has to attack. I can't even like threaten your commander and hit you with it and then do the thing. I'm gonna attack with my own guy. Yep, and it's differently named tokens. This card's weird.
Speaker 2: This is a strange, and it's gonna it's gonna be just like Comball. This is a little better because it is in the token colors, but replacing Edgar Markov.
Speaker 1: This guy is not. No, I don't know what the hell is. I can't play food chain with him either, Nope, otherwise I would just play food chain with him. Yep, not gonna though. No, not this time, not this time, Not this time. And this one doesn't make an increasingly increasing number of tokens. No, let's look at the next one, because the next nereve is actually good. I guess. Let us know in the comments. Is that card good? And it's a face commander for a pre con Like, yeah, what the ass? I actually like newon reeve. I like this one.
Speaker 2: Yes, me too, because I actually play this deck in junned I thought of your chair in the all Haste guy on the first episode of Sidewalks line.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on YouTube if you like, and which you should.
Speaker 2: It's a four or five for four march do in one flying Whenever a creature you control that entered the battlefield dyll's damage on the turn it came in, it does twice that much damage.
Speaker 1: Instead, they like that.
Speaker 2: So instead of attack with haste to make taps treasure token, which totally sucks, I can attack with haste do double damage, which is very good.
Speaker 1: Yes. I wonder why this guy doesn't have haste himself and is like a three five, because then he'd deals six and he'd he would like do his own ability. He'd lead by example. Ah, right, he's not a very good leader.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's a you should put a little business suit on him. He can be a CEO of a major company.
Speaker 1: Oh, because he's telling you what to do, not showing you how to do it exactly. Ah. Yes, yes, he's a boss, not a leader. That's right, that's correct, bossy ner Eve, Boss of the Storm. I do like this picture.
Speaker 2: Also, the one that's on the screen I think is a little bit more colorful and fun. That's why I picked it the actual art. He looks like a storm cloud, which is really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I appreciate that very much. Yeah. Ah, you know what my my, uh my criticism of cards like this is. I know exactly what the deck is going to be. Yep. Mostly it's going to be red creatures with haste. There's gonna be some supplemental things in white and black, probably your game changers and tutors to find other damage doublers, and the biggest things that you have.
Speaker 2: With haste, damage and token doublers are what you're gonna find out of red and white, and then black will help you find all of those things.
Speaker 1: And off to the race as we go, right, Yes, Roberts, your brother, your father's brother. Yes, yeah, correct, this this deck is unfortunate. Let's it's it's boring. It's cool. I enjoy it, but it's another boring ass commander. It tells you exactly what to do. It does one thing, and that's it. Uh, constantly upgradeable over time though, truth true, more creatures with haste will be printed. Yeah, and the deck will get better and better and more and more agro. And then in five years from now you're going to see some player that's like, I start playing in Tarkia dragon Storm and this is my haste most agro deck and I love when that kind of thing happens. This is the exact kind of card that it's gonna happen with. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Moving on, Sarkin Dragon a simpend Oh he's a dragon sim because I've had enough of this guy's shit. He's a two to two for two.
Speaker 2: Look at Dragon, show off Dragon, become Dragon, get bigger like dragon, attack like dragon.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's what he does. I like this card because it's a two drop commander that actually gives you a treasure on layaway. So he's kind of like a one drop commander sure, and does dragon stuff, specifically, enter Dragon enters. Put plus one on Sarkan, Sarkan becomes Dragon, gains flying.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that one that extra one manna that you get. It's around four on turn two you can play all the four drop dragons that are in Mono red. There is some, yep, and you're gonna have at least one of them in your hand probably ye, And that's gonna have to tide you over until you have six and then you can start playing one dragon to turn, and then Sarcan's gonna be there.
Speaker 1: Also. I like the idea of this little guy Sarkan leading a team of dragons, and I like that it's mono colored. We don't get very many mono colored legends, That's true, we just don't. And when somebody tells me this is my mono red dragon deck, secretly in the back of my mind because I used to have a mono red dragon deck, I say, shit, yeah, hell yeah, mono red dragons. Like that's as classic as you can get. It's true, so can argue. If I see somebody put down a Sarka and say this is my Mono red dragon deck, I think I would respect this card more if it wasn't Sarkan on the card. Honestly, Oh what if it was Sarka's sister?
Speaker 2: Sure sure, if with anybody but this SIMP, I would be fine with it. I hit the button Sheico and narseets the other Narset.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Narsise. We're gonna talk about the other Chico Hereness or do we have three nar sets? No, this is just the other.
Speaker 2: They team her up on a uh, this is another phase commander.
Speaker 1: They team her up Brando. She's Just Guy. Oh, get your shit together. I quit, I quit, I quit, I quit. She's a four to four for four. She has Just Guy and their Flying Vigilance Flurry, which.
Speaker 2: Does something when you cast your second spell each turn, and probably you shouldn't google. Whenever you cast your second spell each turn, if that spell targeted something, you copy it and can retarget the copy.
Speaker 1: Shit. Yeah, hell yeah, you know my targets are gonna target freakin' me, and you know what they're gonna say, extra turn We've we've done it. You crack the code. Cracked the code again, Like, how how do we do it? Time stretch four? Extra turns? Baby, how do we do it?
Speaker 2: That's the third Just Guy card that has been extra combats and extra turns.
Speaker 1: I really wish it said put two plus one plus counter st shit, this card, we did it, so fuck it. We'll move the other. Sheico paragon of the way talking about this one.
Speaker 2: But this is we've already talked about everything she's gonna do, you know, and and you draw card when you copy the deck.
Speaker 1: This feels a lot like when you said this is what people are gonna do with Golos and I said, no, no, it's value. You can play anything you want. It's gonna be gates and mazes end. And now Golos is banned. Now Golos is banned. Not that this card is gonna get bad. No, that's not what we're saying. We never say that. No, that's never There's nothing in here that I would argue should be banned. I I or even really watched out more. You know what this feels like. This feels like when I tell people that I play Calimax and they go, oh, yeah, you're just going to copy your copy spell and copy something a hundred million times and make Calamax huge, And it's like, no, no, no, there's no infinites in here. That's what this feels like. That's what you have to do when you're I want to target myself with like target player draws two cards and then I draw four cards and maybe like when whenever you copy a spell, jerk off, and that's like your strategy. That's what I want to do. Just some bullshit. What are you draw into? Ah? Shut up? See I don't know yet. See I don't know yet. And that's why nobody not you specifically. But that's why people don't believe you. And they say, oh no, I just want to draw ten cards. Well what kind of what? I don't know what it drawn to underworld breach? Yeah, on brain freeze, brain freeze. Probably target myself with brain freeze. Copy it. Yeah, right there it is, so we've done it again. We're so good at this, I'm gonna hit the button, Okay, Chico.
Speaker 2: Paragon of the Way is a four or five flying vigilance ghost dragon for Jess Guy and two.
Speaker 1: When it enters Excel exile.
Speaker 2: Target non land card of aunt of value three or less from a bin, copy it. Then you can cast the copy for free Neat.
Speaker 1: That's like Sun tightened the Dragon. Yeah Dragon Sun Titan. Yes, way, this is a fine card. This is Neat. I think that Suntitan is a is a better card. But do you think so? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, because Suntitan doesn't exile it, so if the thing dies, you can get it again.
Speaker 1: Oh you get your same fetch land a whole bunch of times. Yes, this gets one thing and exiles it, but copies it. Yes, yes, like and you can't get land with it. I suppose you can't. This one is a flying vigilant version of Sun Titan. A some Titan gon vigilance, doesn't he Yes, yeah, uh. The Sun Titan comparison is apt I think it's cheaper yet smaller, yet flying. But it's got limitations, and it has three colors in it, so is it. But it can be your commander, which if Suntitan was legendary, nobody would play it. No in their command zone. No, whoever's playing Suntitan are gonna play it anyways. Yes, this gives you a reason to actually play three colors. It pairs nicely with sun titaned because you're probably gonna do sun Tighten you if you want this in your command zone, you're gonna want something tighten in your deck.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they're all doing the same kind of thing, Savine's reclamation, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You're gonna play all low drop this you can get with it. You're gonna do lots of cool stuff. This is Savine's reclamation on a commander. That's what this is. Okay, uh, I don't hate that. Is it better than Savine? Frick? What does he do? Savine was the was the dude? Was he the cycling one? Oh no, he was the dock side extortionist commander. That's what he did. Yes, he was the pre con from dock side extortionist. Savine is prevent all damage it would be dealt to Savine. And whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery from your graveyard, each turn you copy it and then choose new targets. So this is kind of like that. And Jess Guy, yeah, uh, this goes in your Savine deck and vice versa. Truth. I think that that's all fine. And it is the flashback deck which gives you some redundancy with your commander's strategy. Maybe you have cast from not your hand, cast from graveyard kind of stuff. You probably put it into a deck with past in flames and some extra turns and combats and underworld breach. Yeah okay, Jes guy, well now you know excellent. Okay, this card is fine and I would play it. I would play it in my Dragon deck if nothing else then to get back my rampant growths. Yeah, and that's exactly what I was gonna say with it.
Speaker 2: You can get back your cultivates and your Kodama's reaches and your rampant growths and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: This guy New City. This is Death birth Pod, Deathing Pod. Yes, yes, Dying Pod. I like Deathing Pod better. Yes, I do too.
Speaker 2: One to three for black one Legendary Creatures, Zombie, Snake, Warlock, tap sacket dude with man of Value X. Then you can return creature with Man of Value X plus one from your bin to the battlefield.
Speaker 1: Frick cool. Why is it going to have a tap in there? Why can't I just chain all my guys together get bigger every time? Because because that's why. Because bullshit. Yeah, because that's exactly why. Sidis Regent of the Meyer, brought to you by the letter Bullshit. Let it be for Bolshie. You ever heard of Intruder Alarm?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have very good with Intruder Alarm, Solid Magic the Gathering card, and I'll bet you you're gonna see SIDS and Intruder Alarm and lots of the same decks because I think this is an amazing card.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if I like it in the command zone. No, And you can't put it in the command zone and expect to play intruder alarm. You got to play that new black and white and blue zombie from Ether Drift, Yes, as your commander, and then you can just basically not go infinite but sack get backsack at backsack at backsack of back Yep, yeah, very good. Climb the ladder with it.
Speaker 2: And this I think that everything that you would say about a birthing pod or a birthing pod type card, you say about Sidis, oh.
Speaker 1: Fricking it says other than Sidis's. You can't even sacrifice her to herself like the original Sidis. You could. She had exploit and you just binner immediately to tutor forever you want and eat a die trigger, an ETB and e TB and a tutor. Pretty good, yes, because you'd enter exit. Yeah. And if the thing that you tutor for is a graver and get her backer, then you get another ETV and another et B and another tutor, and then you find your dark confidence, or not your dark confident. You find your freaking Gary, your gray merchant. Yeah, we can already find Gary's easy to find frost. Then you win, and then somebody cracks a crop rotation and exiles your fricking graveyard at instant speed with but jucabog yep, not good, or you get fricking ravenous trapped in Commander. It's rough, terrible, it's rough, and that happens Sarak sorac elusive. I'm gonna say this card is this card is a ninety nine er.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this card will never be at the head of a deck ever. And if it is, I mean, good on you. But you're doing it for the memes.
Speaker 1: It's you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 2: Four three can't be countered trample for green two. Whatever creature you control becomes the target of speller ability, whether it's on the stack or not.
Speaker 1: You draw card coo. Yeah, you know what, if it said creatures you control can't be countered, the card would be better, Yes, and and still wouldn't be a commander, but would be better. That freaking says draw card on it, and I'm and I'm saying can't be countered is.
Speaker 2: Better, And it doesn't say only triggers wants a turn, and it's still just it's better prowling Surpa pod kind of except no problems. Probably Surpa Pod says that your other creatures can't be counted.
Speaker 1: Correct. Oh, that's good comparison, though it's easier to cast. It's true people play prowling super Pod in anamar. But there's two drop things that say your creatures can't get countered. And this is a three. Yes, though this can't be countered? Is that worth it for me? I don't think so. No, I don't know. He's just and he's got antlers growing out of his chin. Yeah, he's gotta be so stupid. He's got a sick beard. What a fuck? Ghost antlers? What the hell ghost antlers? Man? I wish I had a ghost antler? Where counted? I love cards with snow in it. I've come to realize that. Yeah, I fucking hate snow. I'm just throwing that out there. I don't want any snow in my life ever, except on magic cards. Yeah, well you said, yeah, okay, tie gam Oh man, you're gonna love this card. You're gonna freaking love this Can I read it? You read it? You read it, and you tell me what you think got me to read? Or no, I'll read he's a two two for two sounds good. He's a Waltrius Cuckoo co chew perfect. That's good human monk. I like him already. Yeah, you dig it. He got flurry. Whenever you cast your second spell each turn, copy it, then exile the spell you cast with four time counters on it if it doesn't have suspend against the spend time stretch. Fucking infinite turns of time stretch because you take four turns and by the time it freaking yeah, it's as long as you can cast something before time stretch on your fourth turn. I love it. It doesn't even have white or blue in the freaking manicos. Every single just guy command, every single one. Oh no, this one's blue. I don't even need those other colors. And you know what, just to prove a point. I'm pretty sure that's why they did that Fierce Guardianship online as early as Turn one, baby, because I'm gonna go mocks Diamond into a freaking island and to tig them. Fuck yeah, I don't know how I'm gonna get ten man after that, But that's Future Ryan's problem. Yeah, that's I'm gonna time stretch, Uncle Brando forever man, I'm gonna time stretch him so hard. The next game, I'm gonna be taken extra turns because that's how the extra turns I'm gonna take. You're never gonna get a turn. You're gonna have to quit magic.
Speaker 2: I might if they start, if they print another set with five infinite turns commanders, I might have to.
Speaker 1: Just say it, really, you can't. You can't five x infinite though still infinite. Learn how to do math five different ways to do it in the same way. It's ridiculous, your low brow don't even play blue guy. I know, right, Jesus eyebrows down by his knuckles that are dragging on the ground.
Speaker 2: Buy your strangleholds, kids, That's all I can say. Stranglehold, avoid mirror.
Speaker 1: That card. Yeah, I was gonna wreck magic. It ruined magic. Did you guys, did you a mac talk about that when you talked about cards that ruin magic? Frick? We didn't frick. Yeah, it didn't ruin it hard enough. I didn't ruin it enough. Hey, Yeah, it should be on the game changers list. Theresa light Shatter. Even talking about magic card tersa tersa tersa, it feels like there's a missing letter in there. Three three for three with haste. When it enters, discard duped to two cards, then draw them many cards. That's pretty cool. Yep.
Speaker 2: Whenever she attacks, if there are seven or more cards in your bin, you can exile a card at random from your bin and you can play.
Speaker 1: At this turn. That's like the reddest card I've ever seen. Yes, it's a three three for three with haste yep. And then you rummage yep. That's rummage right, correct, rummage times two, and then cast something random from your graveyard. Yep. This is gonna be like the quintessential chaos commander, Like, why would you not play this as your chaos commander. It's got lightning on it, it's a wizard, it's got haste, it rummages, she's an orc for some reason, and it randomizes something. Yeah, this is this is the new chaos commander.
Speaker 2: I kind of do like it, and I would play it in decks, but in our meta, in our meta, I find that you don't unless you're playing a graveyard strategy. Typically you don't really end up with huge graveyards. So a lot of the time she probably wouldn't do anything. She just maybe drawn two cards, so eh, you know that's kind of my my thought on it.
Speaker 1: I'm doing the thing where I talk about like, Okay, here's here's the other stuff. You've got a kuon and zinder split. These are chaos commanders. Coin flipping. Yeah, you've got ersy fortune's flamel zedru the great hearted. That's your giving stuff away than draw cards, gained lifeople to ship that other people have, the cheers abbing on the despoiler and nor in the wary. Those are chaoss commanders. This is way more chaos because I can cast stuff for free. This is a card advantage engine. That's true. But remember you're not casting them for free. I suppose you have to pay for them.
Speaker 2: And all those other commanders, with the exception maybe of Zi Drew will beat you to death all by themselves.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, yeah, you're right, And that's you're right. You can't discount the fact that your commander can actually win you a game. Yeah. Speaking of win you the game, let's let's let's talk about this guy Taval arbiter of virtue. He should be an advisor. If he's gonna arbite, he's gonna arbit he's got to be an advisor. It's fair, Yes, Spirit Spirit dragonflying lifelink. Spells you cast have delve, which means you can remove cards from your graveyard to pay the colorless casting costs of your Whenever you cast a spell, lose life equal to its man of value. That's freaking weird. You'll notice how it's not when you delve a card, it's whenever you cast anything. But why, I feel like they realized, Oh shit, I looked this guy up too. Oh shit, we don't want to do that. Why but why?
Speaker 2: I I don't even if you cast it for free. If you use force of will in this, you're sick yourself. You sicks yourself.
Speaker 1: Five five? Sorry? Okay, So like do you do you exchange life totals with people? You? Obviously you mill yourself. Yes, yeah, you obviously mill yourself because spells you control have or cast have depth. Right, so everything costs nothing. It costs just like one colorless Okay, that's insanely powerful. See Anamar. We've talked about animal a couple of times already. Probably I don't care if I lose a whole ton of life because I could. Here's one. What colors are? What color is this fucking guy? Blue? Black? Green? Oh? Not white okay, uh mill my whole self. Yep, okay, yep, let's say fifty cards in my grave. Sure, I'm going to exile fifty cards to pay the casting cost of exanguin eight, and then fifty myself. Hell yeah, okay, okay, forty thirty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna thirty nine myself but also my opponents, and then I'm gonna gain because because your life total goes up.
Speaker 1: And down at the same time, it could be five hundred if that's the case, but when you cast it, you lose the life. Oh fuck yeah, gotta make sure that's right. Okay, ah, so okay, okay, then they've they've they've thought about me doing that. Yes, so it's got to be thirty nine, and then I'm gonna gain like a frickin eighty something eighty seven life eighty whatever life it is.
Speaker 2: Well, this reminds me of my Sishiro the Anointed Snake Hurricane deck, where essentially the point of the deck was to make all the manna and then a hurricane, and I would win if I had the highest life total when I tried to win.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this kind of has given me the same energy I actually this gives me the same energy as the the mono white Guy from Dominaria, where you switch its toughness and your life total tree of something. No, but that card goes in this deck Tree of Perdition. That's the black one and the other tree. They both go on this deck. Sure, the white Guy can't go in this deck, but Mirror Universe and the Soul Conduit from Neuferrexia or whatever goes in this deck and profane transfusion got there, you switch life tote. It's it's a mirror Universe. But you get like an xx equal to the life total difference.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, so you just play the mirror whatever they mean like Magus of the Mirror. Yes, then the other mirror.
Speaker 1: So you just chain a whole bunch of shit. Then you go Mirror Universe. How much of life five? Take six in the air and it's got life link. So it's like free manna. This card's good, it's fine. This card's gonna fucking kill you. It just doesn't do it. It does the opposite of what we say, where it doesn't do what it says it does on the card.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play fucking huge, man, I'm gonna play giant exagg when it's in huge Genesis waves.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Oh wait I die when I do that. Oh don't care? Oh shit, I don't care.
Speaker 2: So you want to play like more kind of value we stuff for cheapers that you can gain that Life.
Speaker 1: Villis broker of Blood. Whenever you lose life, draw them many cards yeah oh yeah, and then Platinum Imperium your life, Dritle can't change Platinum Angel. Sure, MILLI yourself Platinum Angel and just just delve everything away. Yep. Oh this card's good. See this. This is the kind of shit that I want to build. This is crazy. Continue next one to vall the balance skill. I like this art. I don't hate this card for four Spirit Dragon with flying for salt in one. This is another face Commander yep from pre count direct when it attacks Mill three cards, I'm listening. Then you may return a land card from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped. Sure, get some Modrotha vibes there. Also, whenever one or more cards leave your graveyard you but too too. Black Zombie Druid creature token. I still don't think they should be zombie druids. They should just be zombies. Yeah, I don't be zombies. Yeah, I don't think you have an occupation when you're a zombie. No, you're not on LinkedIn or like no perusin indeed dot com. No, that's what I'm doing like a zombie. You just yeah, you don't have an occupation, You're just a zombie. I know, I feel like a zombie. Yeah, man, this guy's good. I think he goes right in the other Taval's deck and also gives me Maldratha vibes. He gives me Tormud, the desecrated vibes when something leaves your graveyard, and also a desecrated tomb. When something leaves your graveyard, you get a bat creature.
Speaker 2: She would go in all the Mouldrotha decks and you can play it in there. You can bring them back from your band, and every time you do the Mouldrotha thing, you just get additional value while you're doing it.
Speaker 1: And Tormud and desecrated tomb would go in this deck, so you could essentially act as like a token doubler. Yes, also you could play doubling season and double those tokens. You could play self mill and never have to actually care about stuff being in your grave. Verd so it can leave. You could do Reanimator shell. You could do stuff with Delve where you actually just excel things one at a time, like one for every spell you cast, so every spell then gets you a two two zombie potentially and a one one flying bat. It's pretty good. This seems like a very synergistic and.
Speaker 2: If you're playing Sir Conrad, it's also another it's also a damage. Oh right, Yeah, there's lots of stuff you could do.
Speaker 1: With this guy. Yes, you could. You could do like a buried alive or an entomb for Sir Conrad and then reanimate them thereby giving yourself a two to two and then every time you like play Reanimator or Delve, Sir Conrad is actually doing the thing, doing the work. Yeah. I actually like that. I like that, and that's the kind of play that I like that. I would say, it's not a zombie deck. It's not three colors one of black zombies. Okay, we got a couple more Uriny the Unwritten, Oh your reader, the unwritten, man, I like this Uriny. You're in Urethra the Unwritten. You're in the uneure throat. Because he's a dick. This guy is going to cause some big dick problems. Okay, seven seven Spirit Dragon Flying Trample team or four seven seven Flying Trample for four. Pretty good. It's pretty good. Flamples seven seven for seven. That's what I said. You said for four? Sure, team are in four when it attacks or enters. Look at the top eight cards to your library. That's lots. You may put a dragon creature card from among them onto the battlefield, put the rest in the bottom in a random order. I like that it's not tapped in attacking and that you don't have to put it back into your fucking hand afterwards. I hate when that happens to tease. That's all balls, because now it's never gonna come out of my hand ever. This makes This is the guy that that made me say, man, I want to build a team or dragon deck. And then I said, man, I should just build an animal team or dragon deck. But I don't want all my decks to feel the same, so I might build this guy. That's cool. I like that, Yeah, that, And then I can say I get another team or deck, favorite color combination. I'm playing this big fuck off dragon. It's still a Dragon deck, so it feels very like a traditional high fantasy. You missed him. We're on the wrong one on the screen. You missed him? Did I number them wrong? Oh? I suck? Yep, I suck. I missed that one. Definitely suck. Well, I'm terrible. You got Rainbow Wings. It's that one. He's the face commander for the Teamer pre Con. That one cool. Yes, I might build it. I'm not saying I'm gonna buy the pre Con though. If I was, I would get it from Fusion Gaming Online dot Com save you five percent. No, not Fusion five that's an old promo cord CCO holiday. Okay, okay, we're we're using time. We're burning daily. We said we're going to do every legend and we meant it. We got three more. We do good. You're any of the song on ending. It's on the screen. It's been on the screen for a while. And you know what you did? You did me dirty here? Why is that? Because you used the showcase art and I wanted you to use the regular art because it got snow in it. Why it looks like at the time, it looks like my parents like Cabina, but the lake this one looks like your parents can argue? Yeah, okay, teamer in five. That's eight hole man, that's eight magics. Were creature for that? What could you do with eight magics? Win the game? I don't used to say it. We're gonna pay eight magic, you better win the game. Spirit dragon, protection from white, protection from black? What flying? What? It's not flying trample, it's not flample, it's flying profu. That's its ability. Okay. When it enters, it deals x damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and or planes walker your opponent's control, where x is the number of lands you control. So it's gonna enter into eight probably, dang, And it's a ten ten And it's a ten ten that you can't block because it's got flying and protection from white and protection from black. Only green things can. I guess Green and Red could block it because you have spiders and you have dragons. I was gonna say yeah, because Green has so many flyers spiders, they reach reach really high. I guess white angels can block it. Now they can't. It's a white Nope, you're right, they literally can't because they're white. Oh man, Oh blue can block it? Oh yeah, if they play sphinxes. Yeah, what are you gonna nobody's gonna do that. Nobody. Somebody's gonna not take ten and block with their consecrated sphinx. I don't think so, No, I don't think so. No. This card's cool. I love the art. I love I love And people.
Speaker 2: Are gonna say, oh, what if they have a bunch of bird tokens. It's not gonna have a bunch of bird tokens after you already finishes wanting.
Speaker 1: All of them. Yeah, he's just gonna fly over and they're gonna be dead. Yes, it's gonna be a massacre. Yeah, let's go again, Zirgo Storm render another one of our face guys.
Speaker 2: Mardo for a three three So that's a three three for three mobilized one. That means when he attacks, you get one red attacking red Warrior creature token. Whenever a creature token you control eat shit, we draw card if it was attacking.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, each opponent loses a life now very important, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step. Yes, so it's gonna go away anyways. And his second ability says, whenever a creature control leaves the battlefield, draw card if it was attacking. So if they chump block your little shitty one one. You draw card yes or don't, then you're gonna won them and you're gonna gain a life. Yeah, you just do one, yeah, or before end of before your combat phase ends, you can sacrifice it through nefarious means gob the bombardment yeah, or viscerous here something like that. Oh yeah, And you can draw the card even if you've attacked, right, and if you're really savvy, like players who play reconnaissance, you can go all the way to end of combat step within the combat phase, and that creature still is attacking even though it's already done. It's combat damage yep. So then after they've taken their one yep then or there too. If you have annointed procession or therefore, if you have annointed procession and a damage doubler, because why wouldn't you, of course, then you sacrifice your guys and draw two cards pretty good, or you just say fuck it, wait till end of turn and you dome them. Yeah, yes, do the damage it's fine, yes, and it is loss of life, so it's not gonna work with the same said damage doubler. So you just have to pick and choose wisely, I think that this guy and the other zergo go hand in hand. I think this is like the typical go wide token strategy in red and white, and then you get black to sacrifice with correct tonty what you want life loss or card draw.
Speaker 2: This is precisely the truth, and I think that they I would have switched these if I was honest, I would put storm Render in the regular set. Yeah, and put Thunder's Decree in the Commander deck, because I think that the Thunder's Decree actually kind of gives you something a little bit more interesting to do in a Commander deck. Well, let's take a look last card two four for three mobilized two, So it does the same thing as the other one, but twice as good.
Speaker 1: You get two tapped in attacking red Warrior one ones at the beginning of your endstep, sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Them during your end step. Warrior tokens you control have this token can't be sacrificed.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 2: So we play our Warrior deck and you can use all of those red cards like Heat Shimmer or all Mirror March or any of these things that are going to make token copies of the warriors that die at the end of turn.
Speaker 1: But now you don't have to, because that's not how it works, Because and now you can make ten or fifteen dudes and just keep them. I don't hate that. I like that lots. I like that from a go wide standpoint. I like that from a pre con leading standpoint, though I haven't in all honesty, I have not looked through with a com yet all of the pre con lists, and in particular the new cards, like the cards that are going to have mobilize and work directly with the commanders. Haven't looked at all those yet to know, yes, storm Render versus Thunder's decree, which one should be the commander. And the same is true for all of the other face cards like Caval and Taval and Uni and uh RENI yeah, better and better, better and better. Yeah, I do know that both of those are better than fucking everything else. I do know this. I know that I really appreciate the lower power and toughness lower drop commanders, that that reward you for being in three colors but only cost three colors. Yes, I like the three color pips in the manacosts. I think that that's clean. I think it's a great way to exemplify abilities on each card, Like if we got a white card that had white or sorry black and red in its manna or in texbox textbox, I don't like that as much. I don't like those either. So how many times have people stopped me when I'm playing talks Roll? Why are you playing blue cards? Well there's a blue pip down here at the bottom, and that's why. Oh yeah, exactly, exactly. Don't mind that. Man, I'm more pumped than I was before. There's meme commanders, the extra turn ones that are gonna be like, oh yeah, it's Ti gomb turns and it's like, okay, put it away. I don't even want to play. You just win that game. You can have it, right. And then there's chaos commanders like Tersa that I that I certainly don't like. Yeah, there's SIDYSI zombies. There's Sarcon dragons and those are just the monocolored ones. Yeah. Then there's the ones that cost just three colors. There's all the teamer ones, there's all of the actual high powered dragons, the DELV one, that one is that one still blows my mind. I still don't know what to think about that card. It of all, it's gonna be good. I think we're gonna see some cool shit with people, That's what I think. Where are you going to pick them up? When you want to? Hey, you made your order already, I sure did. I ordered four cards? Oh yeah, and did you use Cocio holiday promo code to save yourself five percent? Sure? Did you want to know what the five percent was? Nine bucks? Yeah, baby, so it was those are pimp ass five cards? Four courts? Well, yeah, no shit, lookout, no shit.
Speaker 2: Pre order prices and I'm Canadians, so of course we're gonna ah, yeah, that's a thing.
Speaker 1: Get the holds, baby.
Speaker 2: But thank you very much for them for giving us a reason to be here along with you guys for watching. Thanks to Gary and LB for helping us put the show together, giving us the studio, time in space, and the friendship and love that we all need to stay happy and healthy. And I hope that you all do the same. Check out our patreons on the screen right now, patreon dot com, slash CCO podcast Every little Bit Helps Vegas Coming up at lant in the future. We hope to see you there and we're going to be back next week with the rest of the set on the next exciting episode of Commander cook Cout podcast, Who can Our Thing