Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, here we go, here we go, here we go. Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and no ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Right, okay now. Rob Ryan showed checking in on this wild card Wednesday, fresh out of bed Head to Head ross the boss who won yesterday. I did go back and listen to the game. Uh he is going for one number two, fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. We'll play at six twenty. All right, We've got a lot of pit tickets for you today. Don't be shy on that pit song, Alex. We got pit tickets to go see I prevail and Hailstorm Saturday Night. Put we'll give you those on the fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 3: We'se are Flaming Lift.
Speaker 1: Dinosaur Junior tickets at seven twenty the sumurb Summer Sizzler clear Lake takes on Angleton today. We'll play that game at a twenty. Rod Ryan showed twentieth Anniversary show tickets. We'll have those for you at nine ten Pit passes for Sunday nights Left Biscuit Show, we'll have those for you on No the show. Ten percent chance of rain Sunny's guys Man, we might be at ninety nine degrees today and I saw there were some kiddos wepp in the morning and out going back to school.
Speaker 3: Houston's headlines what you got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good morning to you, Good morning the homeroom, and good morning to our first day back peeves. It's the first day back to school for some of our local school districts. Of course, shout out to them. Glina, Parr, Huffman, Humble, and Ukany are all back in school, ready to learn. We hope your first day is awesome. Okay, so we'll be shouting you guys out today. More of the serious stuff going on. Kamala Harris and her running mate Tim Waltz, who we basically announced yesterday, have kicked off their campaign for a tour of the battleground states.
Speaker 5: He the governor from Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Tim Walls appeared alongside Harris for the ticket's first joint rally in Philadelphia last night. Wallas is a former teacher, congressman, and a military veteran.
Speaker 5: All right, let's talk about some fun stuff.
Speaker 4: Science figured out the perfect kid song and it's not Baby Shark. Its songs like this, So yeah, Queens, we will rock you. Radio Gaga by Queen and Single Ladies by Beyonce. They all fit the bill from this music psychology professor from the UK who created a formula for the best children's music, and it's basically sixty to one hundred and twenty beats per minute with a marching or swinging rhythm. It's got to be repetitive rhyming lyrics. It should also be in a major key. So there you go, little music science for you. Hey, Snoop Dogg seems to really be enjoying himself at the Summer Olympics, and it's easy to forget that he's actually there working as an NBC correspondent. Yeah, he is getting paid. According to sources, Snoop is making five hundred thousand dollars a day and when you added bonuses, he'll pocket fifteen million dollars by the end of the Olympics.
Speaker 6: I can't believe all the three stuff he's wearing.
Speaker 1: Too, But I can't believe he's making that kind of money. I mean maybe monetizing social media and everything all tied into that.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine them writing and checked him for that much.
Speaker 7: Does because the ads yesterday on the Primetime of stuff he's on the voice, I guess, and I think the Voice is MBC, so they're probably just like this is a way that the Voice is just paying for this.
Speaker 4: Okay, makes sense, Hey, Billy Joe Armstrong was losing it on stage because his bandmate surprised him. They came out dressed as Deadpool and Wolverine, so Armstrong could be barely get to the song good Riddens. He was laughing too hard at the South. We've got that on the music blog page for you today. Those are Houston Sidelines.
Speaker 1: Astros will a win, Yeah, dude. They beat the Rangers forward to two. Fran Ra vald has pitched eight and.
Speaker 7: Two thirds innings of no hit ball before giving up a home run with two outs in the ninth.
Speaker 6: That was awesome.
Speaker 7: I got the update on my phone and I turned it on and watched the last two innings and I was heartbroken for him one run, especially against the freaking Rangers. The wrap up their series with them this afternoon. You say, Kakuchia be on the map for this. The Stris going up against the Rangers. Jose Urana where his pitches at one thirty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety Team USA finally took the gold medal lead yesterday in Paris. Some highlights from the day he won gold in women's wrestling, the men's fifteen hundred meters and the women's two hundred meters. We also had the women's soccer team get by Germany an extra time to advance to the gold medal game, and our men's basketball team blew up Brazil to advance the semi finals, where I believe we're to take on Serbia. US now has twenty four gold medals to chin in his twenty two Suck It China and eighty six total medals, which is the most by far.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, four hours of pain. First phone call, Chili's got these lines cleared out. Man, it could be you today. What do you want to talk about? How do you want to get a start of this morning? Seven? One three, two, one two five five Wild Come Wednesday and the most interactive show on the radio, Hit It and We're off and running ninety four or five buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Winky Winky, Hands Off, Snakey Eat six is inside out Hot today, guys. Real low chances of rain sunny skies highs up around ninety nine true temperature. Ally, when you upload the fresh out of bad Headhead Challenge, you put off the podcast and all that stuff. Do you take time to I mean, there's a way to do it without really listening to it intently. Did you listen to yesterday's I did. I listened to it yesterday too, Guys, there were debate.
Speaker 3: There was debate.
Speaker 6: I was getting got in on that first question.
Speaker 3: Ross is the winner?
Speaker 1: Yes Ross won the game. I listened to it. Okay, I went I went back and I listened to it because I got I got a couple of emails yesterday, Ross going for win number two, fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge. He's where he needs to be. Pit tickets today, there's two opportunities to get in the pit. Big weekend out at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion Saturday night is going to be I prevail in hailstorm Homeroom. You're getting the pit tickets on the fun Fact flashback. I got some good submitted fun facts from you guys today. Pit tickets, the limp Biscuit Sunday night. I'll see you there, Corey Feldman. I can't get away from his videos on online right now. It's just I stopped at one. I must have seen like a reel on Instagram. And then Mark Zuckerberg thinks that all I want to see are Corey Felderman in videos now and you're hard to turn away from. And he's not wrong. He's not wrong that that's all I want to see in my feed. So pit tickets for Olympus. Get Corey Feldman fell Dog. Apparently he's known as he's opening. We got those tickets for you on know the show, so in the middle of the show, now, okay, those are those? Are year the Delicious center of the show, Weezer, Flaming Lips, Dinosaur Junior tickets at seven twenty, Suburbs Summer Sizzler at eight twenty twentieth Anniversary show tickets at nine ten Today and phones are raying.
Speaker 8: It's nap time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 3: Sweet baby, Ray, how are.
Speaker 2: You what going on?
Speaker 1: Good morning guys, This is Ray. Everybody, Hello, Ray, Welcome to the Welcome to the first phone call.
Speaker 3: How are you doing all right?
Speaker 9: Longtime listener, manytime caller, first time answer.
Speaker 1: First Chili's never answered before.
Speaker 9: He hates me.
Speaker 1: He does not people think that. I don't think Chili has that much hate in him. I mean, listen what it things like hashtag every twenty minutes. He hates me, So I know it's what it's like to be on the receiving end of that. I don't think you've done anything, sweet baby, Ray to uh to make Chili upset.
Speaker 3: But but you did get through. What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hot out there.
Speaker 9: Everybody take care of himself, lots of water. You gotta be safe out there in the hot weather.
Speaker 1: I think Ray was just calling thinking that there's no way I'm going to get through, and then when he finally got through, he's like, oh damn, I don't know, it's hot.
Speaker 5: I have a speech prepared.
Speaker 9: No, I don't know if y'all remember last year I sent y'all a shout out to my grandfather's that turned one hundred years old.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, did you talk to us on the air about that? I think I did.
Speaker 5: So Chili does answer the fun So.
Speaker 9: You've been in the I remember, I remember Tessa shiit he is, Oh what has he done in his lifetime to reach one hundred years old?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like, what's the secret.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: It gets good wine and good women.
Speaker 1: I guess. Hey, man, but you've been on the show before. You've been on soile Chili picked up.
Speaker 3: He puts you through Ray, Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well then this was working with chili. Shit Yeah, Fallacy, all right, sweet baby, Ray, have an awesome day. Thank you for starting us off today on that first phone call. Let me take a short break on the flip got a reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 8: Host Houston's Alternative and Helm at The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show thirty four five The Boss. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. On this wild card Wednesday six twenty one ten percent chance of rain, sunny Hi ninety eight. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Pitbull is buying the naming rights to Florida International's football stadium.
Speaker 3: We'll see this.
Speaker 5: He's known as mister three.
Speaker 4: ZHO five, which is Miami's area code. He is from Miami, through and through, and yeah they approve that if I used board of trustees approved this five year deal. It's an international he's an international musician and he going to pay the school one point two million dollars per year for those naming rights.
Speaker 1: Fireball on tap, there you go, there we go, just out of the drink and fountains.
Speaker 4: Journey has backed out of the UK and Ireland legs of their fiftieth anniversary tour. The shows are now listed as canceled on the Ticketmaster website, and an email sent to fans the band confirmed the eleven date trek was called off due to circumstances beyond the band's control. There are bandmates suing each other and I think that might be a little bit of part of the problem. That is probably a huge part of the problem. So yeah, just trouble for Journey, inner fighting and stuff like that. And then you had already mentioned it's Wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 5: That's our most popular blog page.
Speaker 4: On The Rod Ryan Show Blogs, links and guests if you want to visit that. There are more latest viral Olympic moments and so much more. That's what's trending on eighty four to five the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, where's our guy here? Good morning, everybody, it's Ross the Balls. I am your first bid head to his one day champion.
Speaker 10: Last October I one pump jumped it that is not going to happen again.
Speaker 1: Join me on Wednesday when I'll make it win number two. It is seven two one two five nine four five. If you think you can beat Ross the.
Speaker 2: Boss celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 6: Bush, Yeah, ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Rise against in Savior Rob Ryan's Show Wild Card Wednesday. Pit tickets to I Prevail and Hailstorm coming up in home room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna get your chill.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get you those pit tickets on the fun Fact Flashback for Saturday Night, Sunday Night pit tickets Our olymp Biscuit Uh is the olymp Biscuit Show. I mean it's the Corey Felderman Show. Let's be real. I know Tesla ways to call it the riffrafp Show. If you listen how they're kind of billing that. It says hosted by Riffraff. I think he's just coming out in between and saying a couple of things. I don't know that he's for better say, I don't know that he's performing. I don't know I'll chance of rain sunny Sky's high of ninety eight. Let's play a game and now eats. Time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Listeners to your corners, Ross the Boss, good morning, Good morning brother. How we're doing great. You're going for win number two fresh out of bed head two head challenge, Yes, sir, all right, clean win yesterday, dude. I don't go back and listen all the time, but I did yesterday.
Speaker 3: You're taking on Craig in.
Speaker 1: You guys.
Speaker 3: Remember Craig Tessa.
Speaker 1: No, whatever is.
Speaker 3: That you son of a bitch.
Speaker 1: You're the whatever guy? Whatever? Dude? You lost?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I remember I remember you on the air and I said, did you just whatever me? And nothing?
Speaker 3: He just he whatever and hung up.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, and.
Speaker 4: I like tried to talk to me. You like silent treatment me. I was like, all right, dude, alright, that's cool.
Speaker 1: That's what's up, the whatever guy. It'll be different today.
Speaker 10: It'll be different today.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, well whatever welcome back. Do I have to say that I'm glad you're back? I am all right? Craig, Craig the whatever guy, Ross the Boss. What are they playing for?
Speaker 5: I have a road T shirt.
Speaker 1: I remember this guy. I never thought you'd show your face around these parts again. Good to have you back? All right, well, Craig Ross, shout out your name. When you think you know the answer, you need two correct answers. Here comes your first question. Name the artist who released the song? Oops, I did it again.
Speaker 6: Ross Britney spears.
Speaker 1: That's correct answer. Why did it have to be close with this guy? Listen, he got do Gibby No whatever, not yet he got you, Craig. Question number two. It's real easy. Just say your name way before the other guy, Ross, Craig what science fiction film franchise features optimist Prime Craig Craig the Transformers?
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: Welcome back? Do it just like that?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Ross and Craig What beer started a trend of people answering their phone saying Craig before the question was over. Go ahead, but like what Craig the whatever guy is the winner. We got to deal with him now. He got Ross is the one pump chump Ross, Ross, Ross, You're not supposed to do that. Dude's all right, we'll be back Ross. Goodbye. Craig Loo.
Speaker 3: Those what was up guys?
Speaker 1: They brought him in for the Super Bowl when it was here in Houston, and they all came in the studio and they were all and they were all doing the guy. They were just all buddies. They were all friends. They were just having the best time ever. Because they were they knew they were living in the moment. They said, we're not going to be around here for much longer. And they were all just the partying. They were fun. Hey, Craig, whatever, guy, you want to play tomorrow? Oh sure, I never ever thought i'd hear from you again. Maybe there's maybe there's some maybe slow Jeff will call tomorrow. He's never called us back. Hang on the phone, dude, I need a victory speech.
Speaker 7: Out of you.
Speaker 1: Here's the offspring. You gotta get away ninety four or five the bus ninety four five the buds. Good morning. Rod Ryan's show had a wild card Wednesday. I put up a pole question. I was thinking about the kids going back to school today. He said there was a bunch of school districts that were going back.
Speaker 3: I heard you say, Humble, what did you do, Tessa?
Speaker 1: What best describes your lunch in grade school? Specifically, you either bought or were given a school lunch, you brought your own, or you went without.
Speaker 5: In grade school?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was your lunch? Sitch?
Speaker 4: I think my mom packed my lunch a lot, and then on Pizza Day I would get some lunch money.
Speaker 1: Friday, No, it was Wednesday. Weirdnesday, it was pizza Day. Is that weird?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: It was in the middle.
Speaker 4: We got these little the little pizza hot pan pizzas and man, and I was packing my lunch. And the first couple of times that happened, I was like, all right, something's got to change around here, Mom, I need.
Speaker 5: Some lunch money.
Speaker 7: I think I Pizza Day was Wednesday or Thursday, and the PTA had the biggest racket.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 7: It was a great idea for them, as they would just buy a Papa John's large pizza and sell five dollars a slice, and you like that was.
Speaker 6: Probably like a fifteen dollar pizza. There's no way, Like, you're not just banking on that.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys didn't have that.
Speaker 6: Idiots on pizza.
Speaker 1: It's a rectangle. Yeah, I had the rectangle pizza. But I think it was on Friday. I had to beg so I kind of did half and half.
Speaker 6: My dad hadn't half.
Speaker 1: But no, my dad lost his job so I got free lunch. But I just didn't want to stand in line with those pink tickets and stuff.
Speaker 5: I was embarrassed I gave you a pink ticket.
Speaker 1: I was so embarrassed I got I had to go get my pink tickets. I had five of them. I would go without lunch. I just I didn't want to stand there. I felt so much shame about getting that free lunch, and I begged my mom to please please let me take a bag lunch. So I got free lunch for a couple of years, and then I got the cards, so.
Speaker 7: I feel like we probably went ahead the pink tickets. Then now you just scan your idea.
Speaker 1: It's like boom, you had that pink ticket, and you know it was just being a dopey kid. I just didn't want to do that, and I begged my mom to pack lunch. So then I ended up bringing a brown bag. But I mean I had the lunch box and stuff for a while too before that. Hell get what'd you do for lunch? And great brown bag? Brown bags? Round bag? Okay, all right, well that's our poll question today on the Ex at Rod Ryan's show, we got a new champion.
Speaker 3: Welcome back kids, fresh out of bed.
Speaker 2: Head to head challenge.
Speaker 3: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: I was telling Hall, I wish I had that original drop of this guy.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: This is a guy ro It would never come back.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I am Craig to whatever guy, and I am also your fresh out of bed at that one day a champion join me on fifth Thursdays and make his wind number two.
Speaker 1: Just whatever came on the heels of him losing, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Feel he thought he lost whatever? So right he did that.
Speaker 1: I remember him saying whatever, and then me going to talk and he just wasn't there anymore.
Speaker 3: So did he go back and listen?
Speaker 1: He didn't say he was sorry anywhere in there or not that I need that, but and I don't even need a rod. You're right, I just.
Speaker 2: Need a Hey.
Speaker 1: I did go back and listen, and I did lose. But whatever wasn't like he lost, but he whatever, silent treatment, boom, He's back in our life. I thought it was funny. Actually, I really thought, did this guy just whatever me on the air? He did whatever me on the air Back to the day. It was classic we make you look smart?
Speaker 3: Is this the fun the day?
Speaker 1: Just like could you call me bro? Did you call me bro? Ashby Alan Ashby? Yeah, the old broadcaster and one time capture of the Astros. I called him Bro into him the air and he just goes, you call me Bro. I'm like, yeah, is that okay? All right? Here we go. M Todd sent this one in. He said, I came across this fact. Uh, for this year's Olympic Games. You may want to use it for home room. Well, thank you, Todd. I do want to use it. The athletes that were born or trained in Texas account for one third of the United.
Speaker 3: States total medals.
Speaker 1: If Texas was a country, they would be in sixth place in the medal counts.
Speaker 2: Second world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is the most Texas fun fact ever. Nicole from Clay and Kiln. She sends me fun facts all the time. I've been brought in a little handout for you guys to pass around the room. Dwayne the Rock Johnson's beard in the movie Hercules was made of yack testicle hair. That is pass that around for everybody. I mean it's just a printout. It's not really yack testical hair. It's just a piece of paper. Peggy Nicoll, you know what, you know what hits here? Final fun fact for you today. Almost all with Sabbi wa sabby. Almost all the with Zobbie we eat in the US is actually a mixture of horse radish, mustard, starch and.
Speaker 12: Green food color green food green, green food color hair.
Speaker 1: It is neat. Couldn't get that out real with Zobbi is just usually it's too expensive to import it, so you're basically eating horse radish. It's not a fun back to the day. Make you look smart, your buddies, it's the fuck back to the day. Okay, what do you offering up?
Speaker 4: I've got some pit tickets to see I prevail on Hailstorm. They're going to be at Woodlands Civilian this Saturday.
Speaker 1: All right, it's your fun back. Yesterday we learned about forty percent of people have never had one of these seven one three two one two five nine four five If now time for rockout with your stock out with captain.
Speaker 3: Cash whatever, yeah, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 1: How do you do on Wall Street? Yeah? It turned it around.
Speaker 13: The Dow was up yesterday two hundred and ninety four points came kick off this morning at thirty eight thousand, nine ninety seven. NASDAK up one hundred and sixty six to sixteen thousand, three hundred and sixty six benchmarking your treasury trades that are three point ninety three percent oil trades at seventy four dollars eight cents of barrow to. The most active is the big Studs, Caterpillar, Dow and Chase, the Big Duds, J and J, Intel and Boeing. On the economic calendar. This morning, we're gonna get numbers on consumer credit for June right now. Futures looking good, They're on the upside. Hang on to this be another positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 13: This is Hallan Manatu director with Ram Janks porter for the Rod Run Show from Ramy James on Saint Fluteam and Gustin. Don't forget toys, rock out. We'll just stock out.
Speaker 8: Famin's express are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymon James and Associates. Thank coome Ever, NYC as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, that it is not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security.
Speaker 1: Refer to your end.
Speaker 8: This programs are educational and informational services on leak. The Stones Duds are based on movement as reported by Young and I'm Houston's Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 10: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz, four and five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, rod Ryan Show. Sure, all right, good morning. Who's this? This is Jonathan Jonathan. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? To yourself?
Speaker 12: Rock?
Speaker 1: Great? What was your lunch situation in grade school? J you brown baggett? Did you buy school lunch? Give school lunch? Did you go without?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: It was half and half?
Speaker 1: Yeah, half and half? Okay, most people were buying or giving a school lunch. Almost sixty seven percent of our homeroom audience here, okay for the big win. Here for pit tickets on Saturday night, around forty percent of people have never had one of these? What is it? Nosebleed? My man? You've bet it nosebleed before, right, Jonathan?
Speaker 9: Have plenty of those growing up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's insane to me.
Speaker 1: Hook them up.
Speaker 5: Please, Okay, I'm gonna give you a pit tickets to.
Speaker 4: See I Prevail, Hailstore, Hollywood, un Dead, and Fit for a King. They're playing Woodlands a Saturday. You're in bud.
Speaker 9: Awesome, Awesome, I appreciate it. Guys.
Speaker 1: All right, bro, protect your nose, protect that schnaze in the pit. It's ninety four to five The Buzz, twenty four to five, The Buzz, Good morning, brod Ryan's show. It's Oliver Tree, It's wild Card Wednesday. We got the suburb Summer Sizzler at a twenty clear Lake takes on Angleton. That should be fun. I don't see anything about a ten percent chance of rain these guys highs up around ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Be careful out there. School buses.
Speaker 1: Are back out there on the roads. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a first day back to school for some of our local school Miss Rick. So we're giving a shout out today to Gillina Park, Huffman, Humble, and New Kiny. We hope your first day is awesome, and we hope you'll be joining us every morning.
Speaker 5: Okay, So get.
Speaker 4: In there safe, have a great day, and let's start the vibes good.
Speaker 1: This year, sixty four percent of our audience bought or we're given a school lunch. We call it hot lunch when we were kids. Oh you got hot lunch, you got lunch brown bagging it. Thirty one percent of our audience and three percent of our audience went without lunch. That's sad. I don't like to say that.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite things are those posts that's like school lunch in all the different countries, and you'll have like China, and you'll have like Italy. Just seeing like Germany, what all the little kids are eating. Like on that report guard the US could definitely do better because some of those lunches that the kids get overseas looks so good.
Speaker 5: Okay, some more serious stuff.
Speaker 4: The first deadly crash involving a Tesla cyber truck has been reported. The wreck happened Monday in Chambers County here in Houston, just east here. Texas State Troopers said the driver sailed off the road and smashed into a concrete colmert The cyber truck burst into flames and actually trapped the driver inside. The driver can't be identified due to the intense burning of the body.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they reached out.
Speaker 4: To Tesla to get more information about the vehicle, but they are investigating the cause of this crash. This is a big national story and it happened just here in Houston. All right, we have another rundown of the latest viral moments from the Olympics. It's been really awesome, but there is a little bit of drama outside.
Speaker 5: So former US gymnast MICHAELA.
Speaker 4: Skinner says she and her family are getting death threats over comments about the work ethic of the current team. She's hoping Simone Biles will tell her fans to back off. This was the thing that we were talking about last week, which she had actually Simone had commented that Mikayla had blocked her on Facebook on social media after she had put the Team USA with the gold medals up, saying, oh, you know, we're just we're.
Speaker 5: Just so lazy.
Speaker 4: The US synchronized swimmers did a Michael Jackson routine. If you haven't seen the video of upside down moonwalking, I.
Speaker 5: Highly suggested it.
Speaker 4: And there's also a gold medal winning Irish swimmer that was also an actor in the background of the red wedding on Game of Throne. So lots of cool little tidbits, Yeah, lots of little tidbits.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just scratched in the surface.
Speaker 4: Get over to that blog page because Team USA again ahead in.
Speaker 5: The middle, count and Alex. We'll get to that here in a second.
Speaker 4: There is a Britney Spears biopic that is confirmed. People are very excited about this. Ranker dot com acids fans who should play the lead, and their first choice is popstar Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: We talked about that on the air here, we did, we did, name came up. A lot of the names that we came up with. I think Sidney Sweeney was on this list.
Speaker 4: And then Bobby Brown you have mentioned, and Florence Pew and the number three spot here, and there's Tate McCrae, who is also a singer and dancer. But yeah, for me right now, Sabrina Carpenter is really the pop She is what Britney.
Speaker 5: Spears was to us for so many young girls right now.
Speaker 4: This is a list that are the top fifteen votes. It's a blog page, but we started you off with the thought starters, which we kind of already mentioned. But get over the blog page if you want to see who else.
Speaker 14: Okay, fans of the supergroup Belvet Revolver have a treat waiting for them. Next month, the debut album Contraband will be on vinyl for the first time ever. This is to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the album that brought the collaboration of Slash, Duff mccagan and Matt Sorum of Guns and Roses. Scott Wiland from Stone Temple Pilots and Dave Kushner brought them all together. It's a double LP with nineteen songs, including the original album tracks and an acoustic.
Speaker 4: Version of Fall the Pieces. There are also five covers. This is a two LP anniversary album that will drop on September thirteen.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston sidelights. They did make a DVD of them performing live and it was here in Houston. The show that they did here became the live DVD that was available for purchase. So I remember I was at that show. It was shortly after I moved here in two thousand and four. Okay, Astros so the win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they beat the Rangers four to two last night. Remember Valdez pisched eight in two thirds innings of no hit ball before giving up a home run with two outs in the ninth.
Speaker 6: They were in a wrap up new series with the Rangers.
Speaker 7: This afternoon, you say, Kakuchi will be on the mound for the strows going up against the Rangers. Jose Urana first pitches at one thirty five. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. And the Olympics team USA finally took the gold medal lead yesterday in Paris, and highlights include US winning golds and women's wrestling, the men's fifteen hundred meters and the women's two hundred meters. Women's soccer got by Germany an extra time to advance to the gold medal game, and our men's basketball team blew out Brazil to advance to the semifinals.
Speaker 6: The US now is twenty four gold medals.
Speaker 7: That was to China's twenty two and eighty six total medals, which is the most by far. That is what's going on in so Houston's rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 8: The Road Last Morning Show from six to ten am ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five ninety four to five, The bus break You, Benjamin and so Cold, Welcome to the seven o'clock hour. Appreciate those of you that are carrying over from home. Froom, Thank you for just joining us. We'll wake you wakey, hands off, cupcakey school zones. In some areas you got schools up right there? Which ones are going back for some reason? I just remember you said Mumble was back, and you're gonna see those school buses. That's always a little chaotic the first day, kids going back school zones. No phones in the school zones, really paying attention to the speed, but.
Speaker 5: No phones on the road.
Speaker 4: Galina Park, Huffman, Humble, and you Canny are back at school today.
Speaker 1: So all right, welcome back guys. Welcome back to school kiddos. Hisd is Monday. But whatever guy came back into our lives.
Speaker 5: What was his name, Craig?
Speaker 3: Craig?
Speaker 1: How could I forget he was the whatever guy? He came back in our lives freshout of head head to head challenge, Dan says, Rod, I got a very funny game this morning, very personal connection with the word whatever. That's what I ended up naming my first boat. I settled on that name because my wife would not allow me to name her Oily Discharge. I just thought I would share with you. Keep Houston lamping things for waking me up every day. I mean, it's better, it's all better than the Aquaholic. I think that's my favorite of the boat names out there. Well, that's the one I see most common when I see those boat name.
Speaker 3: Memes I did see.
Speaker 1: I imagine there's a couple of aquaholics right now that are listening that somebody's got a boat name that.
Speaker 3: I did see a cool one recently, And it.
Speaker 1: Was the letter A in the word s E A AC and then the capitol letter d c AC DC, and the A and D were in the ACDC font. Nice. That was a good one, all right. So the kids are back in school, we're talking a little school lunch today. I would say that my grade school years are most characterized by being a brown bagger. I had the lunch box. I had the very now infamous six million dollar man lunchbox that I threw at my sister's head. Who anytime you see my sister Sue, if you see Aunt Sue out with me anywhere, she'll be back for Labor Day weekend. She's more than happy to talk about the scar on her face, Okay, right above her eye, right above her left eye. She's more than happy to talk about. Look what this dumb guy, you guys think he's such a cool guy, threw his six million dollar man lunchbox at me six ditches right here. But then, but then we were the brown bagger guys, and we were the brown bag family. Here. Thirty percent of our audience brought their own lunch when they were in grade school. Sixty four bought or were given a school lunch. That's I'm surprised at that. I thought most people brought their lunch.
Speaker 4: No, I think a lot of parents a convenience factor just sending them off not having to or sometimes you have a kid that forgets all the time. It's like, dude, just get lunch at school, come on, get you some food.
Speaker 1: There were no there was no I know, I sound like I went like you know, I sound like I went to school like little house on the prairie.
Speaker 3: But there was no refrigeration.
Speaker 1: Okay, the refrigerator was invented, okay when I was a kid. But kids would bring eggs, salad, sandwiches, and tune of sandwiches to lunch.
Speaker 11: That's it.
Speaker 5: That gets stinky in a couple of hours.
Speaker 1: Kids would eat that on the regular in the out of their brown bags.
Speaker 3: And even back then, I thought that was weird, Like, really, you're.
Speaker 4: A cold like you kind of keep it cold. Maybe because it's buffalo freezing. It probably dethaws.
Speaker 15: So probably from second grade till fifth grade, every single day, salami and cheese on toasted whole wheat.
Speaker 1: That was my jam. You were salami, salami and shuddar or salami and cream cheese, which I invented on a Wednesday. Now Katsu sells it. I invented salami and cream cheese. I invented that sandwich. Okay, the combo, but it had to be toasted.
Speaker 3: The bread had to be it was cold, whole wheat toast, it.
Speaker 1: Had to be toasted. Now did we get like fun things in our lunch? No, we didn't, No, no fun. I believe there was some sort of a fruits in there.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe an apple, banana or something.
Speaker 1: There were plenty of kids that had zingers. Did you know what zingers were?
Speaker 5: Is that like a ding dong like a twinkie?
Speaker 11: Ye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was always a kid that always had one of those, and you did everything possible to trade for that. The only time we got fun things in our lunch was for about the month after Halloween. My mom stole all our candy from us and rationed it and we got one little piece every day in our lunch. Wow, we got one piece of yeah, it was a big, big deal. And then I was in on the trades. Then I was in on the trades. I never had anything to.
Speaker 4: Trade, No, nothing good, never had anything good to trade, Like you keep your salami well eater, stinky tuna fish.
Speaker 1: Oh we had well, Okay, so they didn't have. I mean, I'm sure they did, but my mom in by uh like the singular little mini bags of chips. My mom would buy a big thing of cheese it's and then put them in a baggy every day.
Speaker 5: Right like a little zip block.
Speaker 4: There are some really cool lunch like those the crustables, the crustables that you keep in the freezer and then put them in the lunch and by the time the kids get to lunch, they're ready to go.
Speaker 1: Because I was a peeb and jki okay, but my mom is we have peanut butter and jelly at home, meaning I'm gonna make it for you. We're not We're not having a company make something called uncrustable with.
Speaker 4: Extra like me as an adult, like I'm not jealous of a ton of the things, like the kids have social media to have to deal with that their whole life. But when I see those on crustals long. You know what, that would have been really good for me personally. I would have really enjoyed that. As a child.
Speaker 1: I keep them in the freezer and it's not that crazy bottom. I'm surprised I would have killed.
Speaker 5: For that when I was so good, I would have killed for that.
Speaker 4: My mom did when I was I remember first going to school. She would do cookie cutters like a heart or a star, and she would make yeah, she would make that.
Speaker 6: Was like hey, she would do like a dinosaur, like check this out. I mean Bronasaurus.
Speaker 3: Bro, my mom loves Bronosaurus.
Speaker 1: Check this out, Bronnasaurus and peanut butter sandwich.
Speaker 7: And then like if it was fall Kim, I had little leaves, little leaf.
Speaker 4: The thermos during the cold months was always very nice.
Speaker 5: Well the cold like three days we would get here in Texas.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome, welcome back to school. And then the lunch ladies would come by with the garbage, garbage slapping Joe slap it. So lunch lady would come by with the thing and we'd throw the garbage in there. And maybe one day I'll tell you my food.
Speaker 7: Fighting story in the garbage.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, but I allowed it. But I allowed Francine paul Like to put my retainer on in fourth grade, and she told me that at like the twenty year reunion, she said, I tried on your retainer in fourth grade.
Speaker 7: Made out?
Speaker 1: Did it fit? I mean like it was made specifically for me. Now, how I got rid of that retainer was I threw it up. I was sick one day BO came out. I just left it. Oh it was, I told my mom after it wars I, Oh, I was really sick, and I flushed my retainer.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's expensive.
Speaker 1: It was at the end of my retainer journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never had to wear braces. But that's how I got rid of the retainers. You don't get.
Speaker 5: Any ideas listening to this show. Those are expensive.
Speaker 6: I don't lose you.
Speaker 5: Throw it away.
Speaker 1: Take a short break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, got a wreck check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out which trendy will get you those Weezer tickets The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: The Buzz, The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna get some Weezer tickets coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Help you off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 1: Be careful kiddo's back in school, A lot of school districts are back, a lot of school buses. People are telling me, you're out there on the road already ten percent chance of rain sunny today, high of ninety eight.
Speaker 3: What's trending?
Speaker 4: Well, just to reiterate that August seventh is statistically the most dangerous day to drive.
Speaker 1: I saw that too, and the more I looked into it, unless you see something different, I couldn't find what is it about this day? And I couldn't find it.
Speaker 4: It's really just data. It's all This dash cam company called next Base says that you know, with data, they don't really explain, but they're basing it off of data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. So they're saying that this today is supposedly the most dangerous day of the year to drive. They also did a pull and found that sixty two percent of drivers feel like roads are more dangerous than they were five years ago. Distracted driving is something that people really worry about. Road rage is also another concern.
Speaker 3: But you can say.
Speaker 1: Because schools are going back, but nationally most schools are not back at this time.
Speaker 5: So every reason this day is that's weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, just a reminder, you know what I mean, Like, we don't want to scare anyone ever, but if you can get if you can say, hey, today is statistically a bad day from your drive.
Speaker 5: Let me be extra careful. Let me check the waly, double check my blind spot.
Speaker 1: There's just those are obvious ones. Halloween night is one of the worst days to be out on the road. There's just more accidents on Halloween. There is something to full moons. Full moons. The data shows that there are more accidents and weirdo and crazies out there. But yeah, there was just August seventh. There was such a random day for it to be so dangerous. So yeah, please be careful behind the wheel. Most of our audiences listening in the car.
Speaker 4: Also, Beneffleck is going to play Hull Cogan in a biopic. Reportedly the good Will Hunting trio Ben Affleck, mcdamon, and Gus Van Sant, who work together a good Will Hunting are reuniting and they're teaming up for a film based on the Hull Cogan sex tape scandal that resulted in Hogan filing alone lawsuit against the website Gawker. Which eventually contributed to the website filing for bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: So that was a morning show DJ Bubba the Love Sponge.
Speaker 3: It was a morning show guy so weird.
Speaker 5: No one that was in that room with him.
Speaker 3: It was his bedroom.
Speaker 1: He said Hulk could have sex with his wife and he had a camera in the rooms.
Speaker 3: Bubba the Love Sponge.
Speaker 5: Up to some weird spongy stuff.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you who's gonna play him Stingray. What's that actor's name? The real weird kind of chubby guy that plays that Stingray on Cobra Kai.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know. I need to google it. I would need to google it.
Speaker 1: But you know who I'm talking about. Huh. He played the guy that didn't or did not bomb at the ran On Olympics or no, no, no, he's just a weird actor. He's a weird Walter Houser. Yeah, okay, he will play Baba okay.
Speaker 5: And then okay.
Speaker 4: Gabby Thomas was dominant in the two hundred meter ratios race.
Speaker 5: She won gold for US. But I was just going through this because she's been trending.
Speaker 4: I'm learning all kinds of stuff about She has a degree in neurobiology, and global health from Harvard.
Speaker 1: Oh, they were talking about that right after her windows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's a Harvard graduate. She has her master's in epidemiology. Like she not only has options as someone who is just full with athletic talent, but this is someone who is like a walking a genius walking among.
Speaker 1: Us and not to mention. And it's okay, it could be the third thing that's mentioned Runway model hot, beautiful, Runway model hot, gorgeous.
Speaker 4: And apparently there's a documentary about these some of these track athletes on Netflix that are now meddling in gold and stuff. So it's ok just a good little refresher if you want to go back and learn some stuff about them.
Speaker 5: But anyway, that's a trending.
Speaker 1: On ninety four five, the bus, let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 4: I've got Weezer, Flaming Lips and Dinosaur Junior tickets for someone at Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: All right, we're looking for calling number teen right now seven one three two one two five nine four five to get into see Squeezer right now. It's Semisnic closing time.
Speaker 6: Ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The bus brought Ryan Show Semisonic Closing Time sat at Song on note ten percent chance of rain Sonny high of ninety eight.
Speaker 3: We got some tickets to give away.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to the phones. Good morning. Who's this.
Speaker 5: Jayleen?
Speaker 1: Jayleen?
Speaker 2: Jayleen?
Speaker 1: Don't you take my mand just because you can think? Those are the words?
Speaker 3: Uh, Jayleen?
Speaker 1: What'd you do for school lunch when you were in grade school? What was the situation with.
Speaker 5: You, uh, to hang out with the friends.
Speaker 1: Did you bring it in a lunch box or a brown bag? Or did you buy lunch or were you given the school provided lunch? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I would provide.
Speaker 4: I would get provided, you.
Speaker 1: Would get lunch through the school, so you didn't brown bag it? Okay, then just chill.
Speaker 2: With your friends.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, listen you call her number ten, number ten, Jayleen.
Speaker 3: We've got tickets for you. Would you please look her up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna see Weeezer flaming Lips in Dinisaur Junior and Toyota Center. Congratulations, birl, thank you, pleasure, Thank you Jayleen?
Speaker 1: Where you're from? All right? You're awesome. Thanks for being on the show today.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening, No problem, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on for me.
Speaker 5: I like her?
Speaker 1: What do you do for lunch? Chilled, hang with my friends. My friends are crap on our teachers.
Speaker 5: That was great, Melissa.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a fight. I don't want to fight today.
Speaker 5: It's what else you gonna do?
Speaker 1: What else do you do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, gloves off?
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, Melissa Soulas.
Speaker 1: It's funny until I heard you say that you invented salami and cream cheese. I swore I did. All right, I need to know what year, because I do claim that that I invented the salamian cream cheese sandwich. She said. People think I'm crazy, but it's the best thing ever breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snack. It doesn't matter. Has anyone in the room experienced a salami and cream cheese sandwich? I don't think so. Okay, I'll bring them in. I'll bring them in. Elizabeth Rod, I thought I was the only one that ate swami and cream.
Speaker 5: Cheese sandwich, ham salad.
Speaker 3: I brought in ham salad.
Speaker 5: It was a little weird, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was I ate some every You were just in New York. Yeah, you must have gone into a bodega or a deli.
Speaker 4: You think I'm gonna waste one of my New York meals on a ham say, I mean, what is it?
Speaker 5: Ham salad?
Speaker 1: Ham salad? It's not that hard. It's like chicken salad, but ham.
Speaker 5: Was meshing with the salami.
Speaker 3: You must have.
Speaker 1: Gone into a bodega or a deli or something in New York. Of course, I promise you every single one you went into had ham salad available.
Speaker 5: Never waste. I never waste my order.
Speaker 1: On round ham with mayonnaise and relish. It's a delight. Elizabeth chiming Rod. I thought I was the only one that ate salami and cream cheese sandwich is on toast. My mom would make these for our brown bags several times a week. I literally pumped my fist dry on forty five when you were talking about it, My husband says, anyone else thinks I'm weird for my husband, and anyone else thinks I'm weird for eating this. She's currently six months pregnant.
Speaker 5: I mean it sounds good.
Speaker 3: She's a mom creamy.
Speaker 4: Like when you're describing the ham salad, I'm pretty much out. It's okay. I did eat some, but like salami, cream cheese and bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, sure they have it on the menu. I believe it. Kats Is cats is never closes, so.
Speaker 4: To feel like a huge sandwich the size of Mount Everest, because that's how the portions are over there.
Speaker 1: It's enough cream cheese to kill a man, right, you know what I mean to give you a block? Yeah, I mean it's like the whole Philly, like the whole pack rectangle. Yeah, sitting on bread with some salami like here, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean enjoying one serving. What could go wrong?
Speaker 1: Like it takes time to start biting from the top to the scent to your teeth, meat in the center.
Speaker 3: There's there's a it takes time.
Speaker 4: Hey, do you remember when you ate the whole sandwich trim cats and you got sick?
Speaker 1: Because you should know, because Giggs, you bought me a sandwich. What is it Carlos and Ziggies or Piggy Kenny and ZIGGI Tessa brings me this sandwich.
Speaker 5: It was your birthday and.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting at my desk and I ate half of it and he.
Speaker 5: Was like I should stop at half, and it was like.
Speaker 1: I was very full. And it was a delicious sandwich. I can't remember. It was one of those things that had a ton of.
Speaker 5: Meat on it, grinder. It was the grinder.
Speaker 1: It probably had coal slaw on it, you know what I mean, Like a New York sandwich, and it was so delicious. I ate the second half and I'm like you, old man. I was wiped out the rest of the day. A sandwich took me down. That's how I knew I was old. I ate an entire Deli sandwich and I was wiped out the next The whole rest of the day, I was moving around slow. Nothing was coming out of me. It was just like sitting at me like a bowling ball.
Speaker 3: It was the worst day.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, happy birthday to meeting, like You're.
Speaker 5: Like, I was downs terrible.
Speaker 1: I went on Bo White New Balance, celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met. Yeah, Yeah, that the buzz, all right, ninety four the Buzz, Papa Roach and leave a light on Rob Ryan Show of this wild Card Wednesday, Sunny Skies Today, I see nothing about a temper sent chance of rain him about ninety eighth. A lot of kids, kiddo is going back to school. That's going to be happening over the next week, week and a half. We'll be talking about all the different IDs back in school. How could you possibly mention Salami on the show this month, Nollo? How could you mention Salami on the show as much as you have and you have not done any either Wiggins or Milo or anything. How is it? I don't Salommi hang out? Hey, I don't have I have all the movie drops. When we played the Salami game, all right, that was Mark Wiggins. I think most people that have been listening to this show for a while knows that Mark Wiggins when he did sports, he was trying in the middle of his sports cast to do the Milo thing. Somebody had hit a grand Slam.
Speaker 12: And a mommy, right, okay, so you got Milo's original.
Speaker 1: Salommi seven.
Speaker 3: So Wiggins is.
Speaker 1: Just, you know, doing his sports and you know, somebody hit a grand Slam and he just went Salami.
Speaker 12: And I said, you're such a call out. You're such a call Is that supposed to be a Milo? Like an homage a tribute? Was it like a cover band? You know, because there's tribute bands and there's cover band and what were you going for there? Because it doesn't sound like Milo at all?
Speaker 3: Salami?
Speaker 5: So so we ended then what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, we ended up coming up with a game, and it was the Salami game. I don't even know how we played, but it just wound its way. The salami drop wound its way into movie drops salami. Yeah, there's that, and goes salami. This is a taste salami. I mean, there was a thousand of them, and it just kind of never stopped. We still have maybe a hundred of them or so. We don't have a thousand anymore. Why did you run away?
Speaker 6: Security police?
Speaker 5: I'm in charge at this point.
Speaker 1: No longer, madam. He's now the custody of administrative science. Sticking salami damn thirty eight? All right, that was a little long, all right, So okay, well there you go. Did you get everybody got their salami out? I mean, you know, out of your system? You know what I'm saying here, I'm not talking about I'm just talking about just getting it.
Speaker 5: Out, trying to test me I think.
Speaker 1: Of salami.
Speaker 14: Harmy Co.
Speaker 3: All right, there's a there you go. There's all your salami.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five bus Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show on a wild Card Wednesday, Suburb Summer Sizzler coming up next hour, clear Lake taking on Angleton. Who will advance in the brackets? Well, you gotta play the game ten per six chance to rate Sundy Skies eyes them around ninety eight. Today Tessa has Houston's headlines. I assure.
Speaker 4: Up in the morning and out, Hey, it's the first day back to school for some of our local school districts, so we want to shout out to them because we know it can be intimidating, it can be exciting. It's all these emotions rolled into one, So shout out to Galena Park, Huffman, Humble, and New Caney.
Speaker 5: We hope your first day is awesome.
Speaker 4: And that goes for not only the students, but of course the teachers, all the faculty and staff. And then remember to everyone that's kind of been on the road without all the extra traffic of kids. There are now school lanes, school zones where you got to just be hyper aware. And again, welcome back. Will be welcoming you all back. Everyone's kind of trickling in ron. I think you mentioned hist is back on Monday. It's August eleventh, so we'll be welcoming in everyone slowly.
Speaker 1: But surely angel listening this morning, Rod, do you care to tell your story about how you used to try to tip over the school bus when you were in school?
Speaker 5: Do not till Max, come on, it's the first take back. It's not a good example.
Speaker 4: And then the retainer just throwing it up and flushing it.
Speaker 1: We've all head to one side of the bus. Like on sharp turns. I would kind of organize it, kind of like somebody sporting event, organizing the wave right. I would time it out, and there was this one real sharp turn. I was a school busser from up three Junior High Middle school what you guys call There was a real sharp turn on the route, and every day I would organize everybody to jump on the inner side of the bus. I would try to tip the bus over.
Speaker 4: But if you ever successfully execute the wave, there's no one hurt. If you ever succeeded at that, you would not be here to tell us.
Speaker 1: That little story that was my wave.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Kamla Harris is now on the campaign tour of the battleground states with her new running mate, who was announced yesterday, Tim Walls, the Minnesota governor, appeared alongside Harris for the ticket's first joint rally in Philadelphia last night, while sharply criticized Republican candidate Donald Trump and accused him of sowing chaos and division in the US. Meanwhile, former President Trump says he's agreed to take part in an interview with billionaire Elon must Trump said on truth Social yesterday that the interview will take place this coming Monday night. He had it that more details would be announced later. Okay, there is a perfect way to craft a kid's song, according to science.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Science, says.
Speaker 4: The fig They have figured out the kid's perfect song. And it is not baby Shark It's song. It's this song and songs like this song. Queens We Will Rock You is a perfect children's song. So is Radio Gaga by Queen. So is Single Ladies by Beyonce. Those songs fit the bill, according to this music psychology professor from the UK who created a formula.
Speaker 5: For the best children's song.
Speaker 4: And it should be, according to him, sixty to one hundred and twenty beats per minute with a marching or swaying rhythm. It's got to be repetitive, The lyrics have to rhyme, and it should also be in a major key. There was a I guess it constructor, Ronnie James Dio.
Speaker 5: Do you know who that is?
Speaker 1: Ron Yeah, he was well, he was the lead singer of Black Sabin for a while, Rainbow solo artists.
Speaker 4: He said, when you write in minor keys, you writ in people. So it would make sense that these songs for kids need to be in a major key.
Speaker 1: I have to disagree with the study, okay, And so with the fourteen billion views, I just looked it up. Fourteen billion views, Baby Shark the original one. Okay, that's not all the other versions. There's billions of other versions, but I think that original one that I'm looking at fourteen billion, that's the kid song. That is the kid song.
Speaker 4: I feel like a correlating dance also helps these songs.
Speaker 1: Sometimes.
Speaker 4: Stoop Dog seems to be having the time of his life at the Summer Olympics, and it's easy to forget that he's actually there on assignment. We know that because he's getting paid big time. Source to say that Snoop is making five hundred thousand dollars a day as an NBC correspondent, they say, when you added bonuses, heap pocket fifteen million.
Speaker 5: By the end of the games there.
Speaker 4: As for his role in the game, Snoop recently said, I'm doing the things that I do to politically stay correct, and I'm just Snoop Dogg. That's what That's what I know how to do the best. So that's what I am doing. Good for him if that is true.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about music.
Speaker 4: Green Day's Billy Joe Armstrong could not keep it together during a concert in New York City.
Speaker 5: He was losing it.
Speaker 4: His bandmates surprised him on stage. They came out dressed as Deadpool and Wolverine, and Armstrong could barely.
Speaker 5: Get through the song.
Speaker 4: He was singing good Riddance and he was laughing so hard at the stunt. You can see him cracking up on stage with his bandmate's dresses to pol Wolverine on the music blog page. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I just building on the Wolverine and Deadpool thing. Three things you must see today. A theater full of Ryan's are watching Deadpool. Oh okay, it had to be your first name. Okay, So all these Ryans are there, and they let one guy in named Hugh obviously for Hugh Jackman. And when they so, they brought him up because there was a girl named Ryan Reynolds that was there. They were dressed as Wolverine. They're watching the movie and everything. It's really really good, but it's done really really well, just like all the things that Ryan Renolds. But I believe this is just fans putting this out. The guy that was allowed to dress up his Wolverine, his name was Hugh Ryan.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: So it's a really fun video.
Speaker 5: Your cousin.
Speaker 1: Three things, Three things you must see absolutely what you got. Astro's got to win.
Speaker 6: Last night they beat the Rangers four to two.
Speaker 7: Fembra Valdez pitched eight and two thirds innings of no hit ball before giving up a home run with two outs in the ninth. They're going to wrap up their series with the Rangers this afternoon. You say, Kakuchi have been the mount for the Stros going up against the Rangers. Jose Urana first pitches at one thirty five, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. And the Olympics Team USA finally took the gold medal lead yesterday in Paris. Some notable highlights include US winning gold in women's wrestling, the men's fifteen hundred meters and the women's two hundred meter. We also had the women's soccer team get by Germany an extra time to advance the gold medal game, and our men's basketball team blew up Brazil to advance to the semi finals. The US now is twenty four total or eighty six total medals, twenty four gold medals ahead of China's twenty two, with the most gold or most total medals by far. On the sports blog page today, the Arizona Cardinals are selling a cotton candy burrito at their games this season. What it features a tortilla made of cotton candy, filled with cotton candy flavored ice cream, sprinkles, marshmallows, gummy bears, m and ms, and cereals like fruity pebbles and fruit loops.
Speaker 6: You can buy this at a Cardinals game.
Speaker 7: Because you're not gonna want to watch Kyler Murray because he's gonna be bad. You can go see this on a sports blog based today.
Speaker 1: Thank you twenty four or five the bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show, ever laughed? What it's like rod Ryan Show?
Speaker 3: Wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Taylor emails the show. He said, Wow, you maybe invented the salamian cream cheese sandwich salami. You did not invent trying to tip over the bus. No, okay, I did invent the salamian cream cheese sam on a Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where did the bus idea come from?
Speaker 3: I think it's just kids.
Speaker 5: It's it's like an old wives tale.
Speaker 1: It's no because think about it, there's nothing to unify kids from Texas to New York. There's nothing. There's no unifier like the internet. You're just a kid. You're just a kid. There was something animalistic, like being in a cage about entering that bus.
Speaker 5: The bus. There was thunderdown.
Speaker 1: It was something that just like, I don't know that every kid that went in the bus left the bus, don't.
Speaker 3: I think we sacrificed a few kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was something very primal about being in that bus. I only did it for three years in junior high, but I remember my first taste of the bus. Kids was and this is going back to when I told and I shouldn't tell this story because kids are listening, how we should try to tip over the bus.
Speaker 3: Taylor said he used to do it here at Sci Fair.
Speaker 1: Oh god, okay, he.
Speaker 5: Said, how are you guys out on the streets right now. He should be rested.
Speaker 1: It was exactly as you said. You went, you wait until the sharpest turn of the bus, and then somebody had to be the organizer. It was me. I guess it was tailor here at Si Fair. When you took that turn, you organized all the kids to go to the inner side of that turn.
Speaker 3: You tried to tip the bus over and.
Speaker 1: Then and there was just I don't know, there was no follow up. I don't know.
Speaker 5: You guys are wild.
Speaker 1: When when I was in sixth grade, out of pocket, that's when you got to be a hall monitor.
Speaker 3: Sixth grade was still grade.
Speaker 1: School for me. So you got to wear that little orange the sash a thing of a jig and you got.
Speaker 3: And if you were but if you were where the bus kids.
Speaker 1: Were coming in, you could just see the wildness of them coming off of that bus on the way in. They were just fresh, ready to tear each other apart. There are cans, I mean, there were fights on the bus. It was wild. It was insane.
Speaker 3: I don't know if is it still like that?
Speaker 1: Because I asked my kid, because London did take the bus yeah, and I said, is it wild where do you sit. She's like right behind the driver.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, nerds, Ryan's are in the back man organizing, organizing.
Speaker 1: What are you doing behind the driver? You can't do anything there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was right there. I went to a Catholic school.
Speaker 4: Those were the only times we were like on a bus a field trip or.
Speaker 1: Some okay, so not a regular thing.
Speaker 5: No, And it would get a little crazy.
Speaker 4: There were class clowns and we were cutting up and sometimes but they were like long trips. Shoot, I would just like fall asleep, like, wake me up when we're back.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hang out. This is awful.
Speaker 1: Ninth grade, I saw somebody spark up a cigarette in the back of the bus. I couldn't believe it. I'm like, because you always heard the stories of big kids smoking on the bus. Yeah, and they cracked the window if they were smoking a cigarette. I'd never seen it before. I'd never seen a kid smoke. Saw I saw my parents smoke. I never seen a had smoked before then. And that a long day. And I was the nerd because I was the first year I was on that bus and like all the cool kids were back.
Speaker 4: There, leather jackets, yeah, oh yeah, taking nips of whiskey.
Speaker 1: Like what wow, switchblades leather just got all leathery back there? It was wild what.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Let's go our Thunderdome is the suburb Summer Sizzler. Okay, Clear Lake Angleton going to face off against one another coming up in the Sizzler. Thanks to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union. We're gonna meet the competitors after this.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 8: The Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five.
Speaker 5: Bocha, let's start listening ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Wild Car Wednesday. Okay, it looks like we got some people on deck ready to get into the Sizzler and sizzle at Will today. High of ninety nine, sunny, low chain of rain. It's August.
Speaker 3: Baby's trending.
Speaker 4: So Janet Jackson is returning to Las Vegas. According to TMZ, she is in the final steps of signing a deal with Resorts World for a residency that would kick off in December.
Speaker 1: No word, that's the Sphere, and I think if it was the Sphere, they would have announced it, so she must be somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Apparently, there was also a residency in London that she was offered, but the Vegas deal was more money wherever it's at though, those are the details I'm getting.
Speaker 1: I bought some more sphere tickets. Were you gonna go see?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: I hate the Eagles?
Speaker 1: Man, I don't really hate the Eagles. I'm going to see the Eagles in the sphere.
Speaker 2: See how you are, just.
Speaker 1: Because I want to go back there.
Speaker 5: Here's only sphere in He's a spherehead.
Speaker 1: It's once you see something in there, you're.
Speaker 5: Not gonna want to go anywhere else.
Speaker 1: These other concerts are unacceptable.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. You need to invest in the companies that build the spheres.
Speaker 1: They just need to be everywhere.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I have I believe the latest on justin timber Lakes.
Speaker 5: He had to be in court and his license was suspended.
Speaker 4: According to this report, the rookie cop who arrested Timberlake did everything by the book. He did multiple field sobriety tests. His handwritten note say Timberlake was unable to follow directions, he was unsetty on his feet, and he refused to take a breathalyzer three times.
Speaker 5: So now his driver's.
Speaker 4: License isn't suspended and the judges ordered him to be re arraigned this Friday under new revised paperwork submitted by prosecutors.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that means, but that's the latest there.
Speaker 1: And then officially, I think you know, he obviously he was drinking. They thought that they had he had a vight pen on him too, so they didn't say what was in it.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you're looking at girls blog page is doing well, as is the wild Card Wednesday. Those are our top two links right now on the rod Ryan Show blog page, and that's what's trending on ninety four or five the Biz alex I sent this over to you this morning.
Speaker 1: I just don't know that everybody would be interested in it. They're working on a Mitch Hedberg documentary, right, do you see that? Yeah? Okay, he was in the studio early early when I first started. Travis may have killed him by giving him pills. Travis gave him some of his anxiety medicine.
Speaker 5: You met Mitch Hedberg?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I didn't know that. Yeah, he was in studio with us.
Speaker 4: I really I'm excited about this game, and I loved book.
Speaker 1: Mitch Sheedberg one of the all time great comedians. All right, sir, good morning, Hey, good morning, rod Round Show family. How are you pretty good? Man? Pretty good? A little nervous, Yeah, I don't be nervous.
Speaker 5: I mean listen, I totally five thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 1: You listen to this radio station.
Speaker 9: The yeah right, that's it.
Speaker 1: Playing all songs that are, like you know, in heavy rotation. These are all popular songs. If you've listened to the buzz for any amount of time, you should do wonderfully on this game. You don't, you don't. You don't realize how many puns are in my head right now. I just wanted to get the sloga with. That's what people are telling me. All right, well you're representing you representing Angleton and then Christen from clear Lake Christin good morning?
Speaker 4: What's that brother or not?
Speaker 1: It's up, sub dude, how are you? I'm ready? All right? Am I saying it right?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Kristin Christian with a christ Christian Christian? Okay?
Speaker 3: Dude, what about you clear Lake? You've been practicing it all.
Speaker 9: I mean you can only do so much.
Speaker 13: Either another song or I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, leaving it up to hey, we'll see, uh if it's something that I know. Okay, ye, all right, Christian Caesar, you got four minutes to think about it.
Speaker 5: It's not gonna be this one will not be this song wa willing.
Speaker 1: This is a puddle of mud and blurry the Suburbs summer sizzler. After this, I'm a buzz all right, there we go, puddle of mudd. Lead singer Wes Scantlon in the news, Raley in the news for good things. I must have had a worn out for his arrest and they peppers rate him and yanked him out of his hummer. And I don't know what did we post that Monday Wednesday?
Speaker 4: He's over the weekend, because remember Wizard had sent us the article.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was on Monday's music blog page. And you know what, all of my encounters with Wes Scantlon, the lead singer, had been great. He's been a cool guy. He's been awesome. He's shown up for our shows. I know that like all the buzzvests that they were a part of. But then I know that he shows up completely annihilated at other shows. So I haven't had a bad experience with Wes. He's always been really really cool. That's just how he's been around us. You guys got to get his act together though, just for sure. Yeah, all right, thank you show Federal Credit Union. Let's go play this game. I don't feel like these guys have been practicing christianting good morning. I just feel like you're just like, Oh, I got in who you know? Screw everybody in clear leg I'm just going to come in here in half an asset. Nah, I'm going with it. Okay, all right, bro, Well you're taking on Caesar. It's it's clear Lake in Angleton. Caesar, let's go, Alex. You got a song? What game is this? What number?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: We are going? We are just cooking through these brackets, burning through the brackets. If you're suburb if not has not been represented yet, it's not too late to sign at this late in the game. I feel like we've been playing this game forever now. It is not too late for you to sign up. The best that Angleton has to offer is Caesar. The best, the best that clear Lake could ever possibly want to bring home the gold is Christian. Let's see, let's see what happens. You know you're shouting out your name when you think you know the band and the song title, Christian, you're good, your Caesar, You're ready to rock. Let's go, yes, sir, Okay boys, Alex, your music is ready. Yep, here we go, guys, as we sizzle. It's game twelve right here on ninety four to five the boss, good luck. Do you want to live visit until story?
Speaker 2: Rather go out in a place of glory? Con you, I don't broke Monday.
Speaker 1: Nobody's gonna bite on that one.
Speaker 5: You guys are upsetting Alex.
Speaker 1: Those new bands are gonna kill me.
Speaker 12: Man, Why did you play.
Speaker 1: A man?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: That's a year a little band.
Speaker 1: Does anybody know the name of the band, Caesar Christian? No? I do not nobody. The struts I know, I know the song.
Speaker 9: I'm a blank on both the.
Speaker 1: Struts could have been me, she could have been neither of you, but it was. Let's put another song in there for these guys.
Speaker 6: Thank god I have a backup.
Speaker 1: They're like stare at a heaven or something. Glex there, Alex is right here, Alex, happy gravy day.
Speaker 6: That's fine. I forgive you all right.
Speaker 1: You don't get a pass for listening to your podcast.
Speaker 4: You probably say that he can't play.
Speaker 1: Oh, he listens to my podcast, He's Cool, not cool.
Speaker 5: Guys talk some music on that podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian from clear Lake, Caesar from Angleton. I've been told, come on, this is the best that those suburbs have to offer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is not say don't have it out.
Speaker 1: Here you oh boys. Song two, well, it's the second song. I don't want you to think it's a Blur song too. The second song. I'm waiting for one of you to say your name.
Speaker 5: I forget that. I'm embarrassed already.
Speaker 1: You don't. Oh God, here we go, here.
Speaker 3: Comes your song.
Speaker 1: Boys. We're waiting for one of you to shout out your name. Good luck, Oh God, they're not gonna get it. Whoa okay?
Speaker 9: Christian slowly broken?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Who let me know what you knew songs? I knew him, man, I knew it.
Speaker 7: I was just work on the lock ron.
Speaker 5: Guys are stressful.
Speaker 1: Let me pack my bag.
Speaker 5: I send you a U haul.
Speaker 2: Caesar, you're there.
Speaker 1: You always waste people's time.
Speaker 3: Hey, I deserve that, all right? Listen, Angleton.
Speaker 1: Don't you want to give out your email because they're gonna email me. I feel like everybody. I feel like the mayor of Angleton. The Angleton is on the hotline right now. Okay, why do I got to take your shrapnel? I already got friends with the family. Man texted me right now.
Speaker 5: He texted me the song as long as it took you.
Speaker 1: Guys, all right, good luck with that, Hey, Christian, you got that one all right? Right on the dude, lovely. The band was not in any way easier than the Struts.
Speaker 4: Either.
Speaker 1: I don't And I was just blanking out on the truck all right. I was yeah, because normally he's pretty optimistic. When he said he was worried about it.
Speaker 6: I said, because that was another one that was like, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be here all day?
Speaker 6: Yes, I got they got it all right.
Speaker 1: Christian clearly advances Dayton and Richmond. I hope you're listening. I don't want to hear anything that I heard today on Tomorrow's game Dayton Richmond, Tomorrow suburb Summer Sessler on the Buzz, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan show Fighters. Three people said they would have got it wrong. Three people chimed in listening to the suburb Summer Sissler, and they said they would have got it wrong. And they all have the same comment. And you know what, I kind of feel like I had that as well. Tell me Alex has these songs loaded in, and you guys know that we're not spinning cvs or records in here, right, everybody knows that everything's coming off of a computer. Alex does not have the song title or anything on there. He just says it says Game twelve. That's it, right, because we don't want your digital radio in your vehicle.
Speaker 3: We don't want it reading what it says. What you know you have?
Speaker 1: That is it? They are ss So it's something like that that will tell you you know the name of the band and the name of the song. So we've come up with a way to kind of to get around that. So I we also don't have it to look at, and I don't want to know what these songs are going into it. I want to play along with you guys. Three people, let's listen to the beginning of the Struts and you tell me if it sounds like anything else. Yeah, no, it sounds like the Struts. Now I can't, I can't.
Speaker 5: I'm here now that you know.
Speaker 1: Three people said, think about that, Franz Ferdinand. The songs sound nothing alike, but there's something very similar, the same it's just that it's that chord. It's that it's that it's that opening chord. Three people said, dude, I would have got it wrong. I would have said Franz Ferdinane.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: So okay, fine, maybe we're a little hard on the boar boys.
Speaker 1: But well they didn't say Frans Ferdinand either.
Speaker 5: They didn't say anything exactly.
Speaker 1: All right. I hope you guys are having fun with it. I really do. I love this game. I really do. Once we start getting into the inside of the you know, the the opening round of people, you know, you're weeding out the best players, and then it really gets intense. But the opening rounds are fun for me.
Speaker 4: If you, by any chance, like squeaked by that first round and maybe you didn't say anything and the other person got it wrong, and then boom, all of a sudden, you're in round two, Like you've got to start studying now, right, Like.
Speaker 1: You talking to Christian or I'm.
Speaker 4: Talking to everyone who advanced by saying nothing because you take a cut and you're like Dan, maybe forget the title.
Speaker 5: But like, if you.
Speaker 4: Somehow squeaked into that second round, you're at least now studying, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I think you can squeak a couple games in this Yeah, I do. I think you can, and I think people have all right, So tomorrow I can't wait, man, And it's like, you know, twenty four hours we're gonna be talking about Dayton and Richmond on the Sizzler.
Speaker 3: Rock and Alternative Where the rod Ryan Marni.
Speaker 8: Show six to ten am, the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Matty four or five to the Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. My goodness man, The final Houston headlines. Well, what have we got planned for you next hour? Big things, big, big, big things. Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets coming your way. At around ten after nine, we got the national contest coming immediately following that, chance for one thousand dollars in a trip to the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: This will be a text to.
Speaker 1: Win, so you got to listen for that keyword, and then we leave you with Limp Biscuit tickets in the pit. What nine o'clock hour is huge, Alex, huge, It's huge, all right?
Speaker 3: One final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Okay, well this is also huge.
Speaker 4: Just first day back to school for some of our local school districts.
Speaker 3: We got Chuck Berry here welp in the morning and out.
Speaker 1: I guess they're in school by now.
Speaker 13: Huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I just want they're in my thoughts.
Speaker 4: Okay, Galina, Park, Huffman, Humble, and New Caney are all back in school today. We hope their first day is going on awesome, and we hope maybe if you're a teacher now you're listening to this on the podcast later, Faculty members, bus drivers, lunch ladies, custodians, all, y'all make that wheel go in motion.
Speaker 5: Okay that we'll go round.
Speaker 3: And round so London doesn't start until Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay. I got the tray, Yeah, okay, I got the school list what she needs?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, one kid, I went down like a good guy and I went and everything that they had on that school list, I just typed it into Amazon. Okay, one seventy nine thirty seven, one kid, If people out there with three four kids, one seventy nine like a share just for all the highlighters and the markers and the crayons and everything that London needed. Jeez.
Speaker 4: So, okay, tax free weekend is this weekend. I don't know if you're like, my mom would this would be our one time to go out.
Speaker 5: And maybe get some stuff.
Speaker 4: I did have uniforms, but I needed like socks and sometimes some new or stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My grandma would always buy me new shoes and we would go on tax free weekend because you bet your ask Grandma wanted to save that tax money. Yeah right, So good luck to everyone in a Again, we'll be monitoring this as Houston ISD gets back into it and things. I'm sure there's already some teachers get in their classrooms prepped and ready to go. I want to talk about the cyber truck crash because it's a national story. It's the first deadly crash involving a Tesla cyber truck, which is you know, these are things that you're spotting him in the wild.
Speaker 5: You're like, okay, cool cyber truck. Cyber truck.
Speaker 4: This is a wreck that happened Monday, and it happened right here in Houston. It happened along Fisher Road near Cedarport Parkway.
Speaker 5: That's not far from Beach City. It's in Chambers County.
Speaker 4: According to Texas State Troopers, the driver sailed off the road and smashed into a concrete colvert. The cyber truck burst into flames and it trapped the driver inside. They're saying that they couldn't identify the driver due to the intense burning of the body.
Speaker 5: They have reached out the National.
Speaker 4: Transportation Safety Board has reached out to Tesla to get more information about the vehicle because they're trying to investigate.
Speaker 5: The cause of this crash.
Speaker 4: So just a story I wanted to mention, not very light tight or bright, but I believe it is a good reminder for all of us to stay safe on the roads as people are trickling back into campuses in school, because it's not just the kiddo's right, you got people going back for their college semesters.
Speaker 1: Things like that.
Speaker 5: There are lots of colleges in the Houston area.
Speaker 1: If you see a cyber truck, that is one of eleven six hundred and eighty eight that are out there on the roads. Okay, eleven thousand, little almost twelve thousand.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's switch gears here a little bit. The Olympics are in full swing, and you know, you got some track and field going on. But we have another blog page of the latest of viral moments. I guess the tea yesterday. If it wasn't like the gold medals and stuff, which are awesome, Alex is going to go through that. But former gymnast Mikayla Skinner says she and her family are now getting death threats over her comments about.
Speaker 5: The work ethic of the current team.
Speaker 4: There was some back and forth going on on social but she had called out Simone Biles specifically to tell her fans to back off. But remember Smone Biles had tweeted out like, oh she blocked me. So Sports Illustrated had had commented on this, so.
Speaker 5: That's really the bigger story.
Speaker 4: Also a viral moment for the US synchronized swimmers. They did a Michael Jackson routine that included upside down moonwalking. It is fantastic. Yeah, lots of summer Olympics stuff. There are interesting facts there, el Elmo doing a victory dance with Simone and yeah, it's it's a great blog page. I suggest you check that every day until the Olympics are no longer here. Britney Spears biopic is finally happening. Ranker dot com acids fans who should play the lead, and their first choice is pop star Sabrina Carpenter. They did top fifteen on there on the blog page and we have that on links and guests for you.
Speaker 5: But we have some thought starters.
Speaker 4: So Sabrina Carpenter was the one who to me instantly reminded me of Britney with the sexy moves and the blonde hair and.
Speaker 5: The razzle dazzle.
Speaker 4: But Sidney Sweeney, who you had mentioned rod also on this list, Number two, Florence Pugh, Number three Millie Bobby Brown you had shouted her out last week.
Speaker 5: Also on this list. I don't know who this is, Chloe Grace Morette Moretz's I don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: But what do I know that name?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Google her so I can find out.
Speaker 4: And then singer and dancer Tate McRae, who I believe just played a.
Speaker 5: Show at seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think, uh, let's see, well we have black Barbie by you Barbie? That's is so who with the black Brittney spears me, that's a great question.
Speaker 5: Who's like a pop poppy? I mean, who was coming up with her at that iron Spice?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 5: Okay I spice?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Not to play her?
Speaker 6: Do you think that people talk him?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that would get people in creating this.
Speaker 1: I want to play Spice to play Britney Spears. Turn off his mic.
Speaker 6: You're trying to think outside the box and be inclusive.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I want to get I'm going to get Cuba Gooding Jr.
Speaker 3: To play you.
Speaker 6: Okay, but I.
Speaker 3: Think he could do you too.
Speaker 6: I think you get too'd be great. You look just alike.
Speaker 4: Fans of the Supergriot Velvet Revolver have a treat waiting for them next month. The band's debut album, Contramand, is on vinyl for the first time ever. It's to celebrate the twentieth anniversary of the album that brought this big collab right of slashm mcgagan, Matt Sorom, Scott Wilin, and Dave Kushner. It's got the nineteen song double LP original album tracks and acoustic version of Fall the Pieces. It's going to drop September thirteenth. I believe Rod's wallet will suffer for this. I love Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Did you google that girl Chloe Grace?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Adam's family too, huh. The Peripheral is a TV series Okay, she was the voice of Pneumona. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, if I stay, I watched that little sappy love movie.
Speaker 1: Maybe she did some stuff with BoJack Horseman.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, BoJack Horsman.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a cartoon. Yeah, okay, okay. Astros Yeah, Astro's got a win last night.
Speaker 5: They beat the Rangers four to two.
Speaker 7: Fraan ra Valdez pitched eight and two thirds innings of no hip ball before giving up a home run with two outs in the ninth. They'll wrap up their series with the Rangers this afternoon. You say, kakuchi 'p be in the mount for this shows going up against the Rangers. Jose Urana first pitches at one thirty five. You can listen to it on our sister stations Sports Talk seven ninety. In the Olympics, Team USA finally took the gold medal lead yesterday in Paris. Some of our highlights from the day include US winning gold in women's wrestling, the men's fifteen hundred meters at the women's two hundred meters. Women's soccer also got by Germany and extra time to advance the gold medal game. On our men's basketball team blew out Brazil to advance to the semifinals. The US now is twenty four gold medals to China's twenty two and eighty six total medals, which is the most by any country by far. On the sports blog page, Today, Pitbull is buying the naming rights to FIU's stadium, Florida International University.
Speaker 6: It will now be called pit Bull Stadium.
Speaker 7: He will get access to the stadium for ten days a year.
Speaker 6: Bro, I think he has like a pit Bull Day at the field.
Speaker 7: Wow, He's gonna make a theme song for the f IU Panthers.
Speaker 6: It's a whole thing. Pretty crazy though, just to have that.
Speaker 7: Much money, Like, like, that's what I like Pitbull for that, because if you're a billionaire, a millionaire or whatever pit Bull is, you should own a franchise or a stadium. I think that's like, I don't trust any billionaire that doesn't own a team or a stadium.
Speaker 6: And pit Bull is now that guy that owns the stadium. So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: And then also if you want to go see more training camp fights, we got training camp.
Speaker 1: This well, I had to swamp it out.
Speaker 3: I referenced this earlier.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he put in there. I'm like, I know you want me.
Speaker 6: We have ninety five versions of it. I would assume that's a great song.
Speaker 1: Right. If we're playing Pitbull, we're pit Bull, We're going Fireball, all right, I'm find of that.
Speaker 5: I let's take shots of fireball or or Timber.
Speaker 1: There. Who's got the key into the world? Can we just play this? Yeah? We are.
Speaker 12: We are playing it so good.
Speaker 5: Why are you wearing a white suit of sunglasses.
Speaker 1: A little tight, little tight mustache? That's it. I'm totally going to I've been totally dressed up as pitfull for Halloween. Now Rock and Alternative to The rod Ryan Morning Show six and there we go, ninety four or five, This Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park crawling. We are in the fourth and final hour together. You know, I got twentieth anniversary show tickets coming up for you. I've got pit passes, olymp Biscuit on know the show. Plus we got a little national contest. We're gonna kind of seantwich in there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's a big hour. It's a big, big hour.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rain, sunny, highs of around ninety eight. I don't always get a chance to get into all the blog pages that we put up in the morning. But Sepper review have said that you were interested in seeing the Roadkills story. I would never think to ask this question. My pole question this morning is what'd you do for school lunch?
Speaker 3: In grade school?
Speaker 1: Sixty three percent of our audience bought or were given a school lunch. Thirty two brown bagged it. Sadly, it's a sad number. Four percent of our audience went without lunch. I went without for a while. I went without just because I didn't want to get the free lunch I was. I felt shame.
Speaker 4: No, dude, there's shame and there's hunger, and I'll go I'll go shame every time.
Speaker 1: Hunt And I only had milk every other day because my mom would only give me enough to buy white milk, and chocolate milk was a little bit more. So I would just save up the money and I would have chocolate milk every other day.
Speaker 4: Right, instead of that disgusting, unflavored white milk.
Speaker 5: White milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 4: I like the little orange juices they offered sometimes at my school.
Speaker 1: They didn't offer it.
Speaker 5: It was like but it was even smaller. So the milk carton is what two swallows of milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were small, like they're tiny.
Speaker 5: Well the juice, the juice that was offered was like half of that. Yeah, I'm like, cool, a swish of apple juice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we couldn't handle more sugar.
Speaker 2: So this whole.
Speaker 1: Question asked people. They got a thousand people to bite on the pole. Have you ever eaten roadkill? Six percent of people say yes, somebody listening to this radio show.
Speaker 6: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure listening to this radio show. Now, I don't know what the rules are here, but I know in New York, if you hit a deer, as long as you call it in, that's your deer. And you're wondering, what's talk about New York, people just think New York City. Okay, New York is a huge state. There's a lot of there's mountains, there's a ton of hunting. There was a ton of hunting going on, not in my hometown, but you could go not that far. I remember seeing deer like strapped, bloody deers strapped to cars like the uh like the Queens of the Stone Age video. Yeah, no one knows there's a deer and it was would be strapped to the hood of a car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll see those in hunting season on the road on the drive years oh, on the drive from Houston to Corpus or yeah.
Speaker 1: Apsodes of that.
Speaker 5: Well during hunting season.
Speaker 1: Of course, not everybody had a pickup truck back then. Okay, pickup trucks weren't as popular as they are now. So I can see just you know, throwing a bloody deer in the back.
Speaker 6: But to my knowledge, wasn't that in the RFK story. He just hit a bear, that's.
Speaker 1: Why they're doing this. RFK. The guy that was just like, maybe he's still running for president.
Speaker 3: I don't think he hit the bear.
Speaker 1: I think he found a bear, okay on the right. Well, I don't know if he hit it or not, but he grabbed He grabbed a bear on the roadside. It was a cub. He's in New York. Went out to eat and realized, okay, the bears, not you got to take care of that and treat that bear right away, not treat it to fix it. Just if you're gonna eat it the bears, the meat's gonna go bad.
Speaker 4: So he went.
Speaker 1: Out to eat, and he realized that the bear had been sitting, so he threw the bear in Central Park, and they threw a bicycle next to it, thinking that it was like a bicycle accident, and it was a mystery for all these years, He's say, and he was the one responsible for that. I'm sure that's how we have come to roadkill. Okay, now, have you ever hit an animal? I've come close. I had a deer booking right past my car boom, and then they're so dumb they just jet right in front of you, and I slammed on the brakes. I'd never hit one, but I came about as close as you popped. I might have. I may have popped his ass, okay with my bumper, I may have. I may have just tapped him because he just jumped right in front of me. Nobodys hit an animal.
Speaker 5: I hit a squirrel.
Speaker 4: I breaked for the damn squirrel and then it like does this little juking move and goes. I mean it popped under my tire. I cried all the way to work.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought Armadillos were going to be more in my life. When I moved here. I had never been to Texas daily, so I just, you know, I thought there'd be some tumbleweed and stuff and I thought armadillos were going to be a big part of my life. Here I did see one, and uh, the one I saw I ran over.
Speaker 5: What how did you do that?
Speaker 1: I'm on my way to work.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get arrested.
Speaker 1: I'm on my wait what is it? The national dillo of the state state dillo?
Speaker 7: There's other dillos called Dilly Dowling, which he did.
Speaker 3: This jackass was just in the road.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it.
Speaker 4: They're kind, they aren't stupid, like they're relying on you.
Speaker 5: They can't take care of themselves.
Speaker 1: The only armadillo I saw I killed.
Speaker 5: Don't they have something weird? Don't they have like scabies or something?
Speaker 1: Scabies?
Speaker 5: They have something weird disease.
Speaker 7: They can hold their breath really long. My cousin my family has a r or my aunt. My cousin used to like get the armadillos and need kick him in the water, and they would just like hide for like twenty minutes and then crawl up on the other side of the little pond.
Speaker 3: They get swim.
Speaker 7: They just walk I didn't just walk like on the bottom of the pond. And then they're like, all right, I'm gonna come out they can hold their breath.
Speaker 1: Forever though scuba.
Speaker 6: Probably they are for stupa.
Speaker 1: Armadillos are for scuba.
Speaker 4: How they I've been at the submarine while watching them. Okay, they are going to carry leprosy.
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't know was a real thing.
Speaker 1: I thought that was like a made up well.
Speaker 5: I thought it was like a business.
Speaker 1: If you want to see the amount of people that are pretty sure that they've dined on roadkill, that's headlining the food blog page today. Let's give away some of these tickets. I'm going to say this about the tickets. Tell me because I couldn't. I couldn't get an official word. Okay, it came to my attention yesterday that people were not playing some of the other things because they want to hold out for these twentieth anniversary show tickets. We know we got the hottest ticket in town. Okay, I'm just gonna tell you. I'm gonna say it on the air, and I talked about it with Chili, and all we did was just did a faith trust in pixie dust with our pinky fingers. Okay, we're looking away. I'm looking away if you won something else, I'm looking away because I want you to. I want you in all this stuff. I don't want you to not try for limp biscuit pit passes because you're worried that you're not going to be able to get twentieth Anniversary show tickets.
Speaker 5: Yah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you right now.
Speaker 5: Our party make the rule.
Speaker 1: There's some thirty day thing here. You can only win once every thirty days. Chili and I are turning a blind eye.
Speaker 5: Do not what the passes.
Speaker 1: I want you to get in on free beer Friday. I want you to do all these things, and I want you to try to get these twentieth anniversary tickets. Okay, I know again. I'm sure I'm in the principal's office after today's show. Okay, there every day there, every day.
Speaker 5: I tip the bus over, kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking away at any wins that you have in the last thirty days twentieth Anniversary show tickets. I get it. It's awesome. Come get them. Seven one, three, two, five, five The buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Thank you, thank you, thank you for joining us. I'll get over to Alex in just a moment. But I do have these tickets to give away.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, what yeah, Hi, Hi, hey man man doing good? What's your name? Calling about winning something?
Speaker 10: I hope?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, do you know what you're calling for? You know what you're trying to win?
Speaker 4: I'm trying on Twitter anniversary tickets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what you got, dude.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. Yeah, dude, this is the one. The only way to get in one is by winning, and that's exactly what you've done. I got a pair of tickets for you for the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary show going down at the Carbox Brewery October twelfth. Let's go, We are gonna go. We are gonna go one either. We got acoustic performances from Shining Down, Sublime Blue October three of a Dead Man xc's you can't buy a ticket to this one. You're in there, all right? Looks you love? You mean it when I say it? One, Hang on.
Speaker 12: Tomline, It's Alix online ninety four five the muzz.
Speaker 1: What are we wearing? Are we getting cute topsps?
Speaker 4: Getting cut make cute tops, cute topally designed?
Speaker 1: Some didn't you we need.
Speaker 3: Cute tops for this one.
Speaker 6: Get a cute top all right, don't forget your cute tops?
Speaker 1: Can What are you doing?
Speaker 6: I have a blast from the past for today's aol.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is it the yetti that's bashing seals?
Speaker 7: No, but it's close as it's the cat cannon. That's a good one canon, very similar. Oh that's a good roadkill a little bit. This is not harming any cats. These are all digital cats cans. We aren't affing with cats, just digital cats. Okay, you pretty much just use your arrow keys to move your canon up or down, hit the spacebart to shoot it.
Speaker 6: See how far you can shoot your cats. Continue doing that until you get bored. That's pretty much. Just try and talk your score all day.
Speaker 7: It's good to just have up in the background at work, and then you know, when you're on your lunch break, do it again. And then when you have a little break in between your zoom calls, do it again, and then keep keep going. All of your coworkers today at the world famous Rid Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: The celebrating twenty years ninety four The Buzz ninety four to five than bars, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show with three days, Grace and so called life. Well, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 3: There will be more opportunities.
Speaker 1: Jeremy said that he's going to be giving away rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 3: I did have well an emails.
Speaker 1: Some of emails were exchanging, and we are in the process of putting together some pre parties that we would be out with our friends Carbach. I imagine there'll be some love streets flowing, and we will give opportunities on site to give away tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. So nothing has changed. You still got to win them to get in. We'll keep giving them away on the air, but we'll come up with some other fun things to do to get some more of you in. I mean, we've got a long way to go.
Speaker 3: The party's not until October.
Speaker 1: We got to put about two They said I could put two thousand people in there easily.
Speaker 5: Can I give some away?
Speaker 1: Two thousand people is not packed?
Speaker 5: I feel like I could.
Speaker 4: Really, what do you want to do leverage these I don't know, Make people do something crazy?
Speaker 1: Well, I like fight, Give me a hundred words on that and we'll assess what it is you're going to be making them do. I mean, yeah, people would arm wrestle each other, Put them in a school bus, let them like put ten people in a school bus and the winter the person that comes walking out gets tickets.
Speaker 6: Flips.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is the radio. Aren't we supposed to be doing fun stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not stuff to get people killed.
Speaker 4: Jello wrestling for tickets, eating your way through a pool of jello. There's a pair of tickets at the bottom of the jello pool in the mold.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked me if you had ever heard of panties for pit passes.
Speaker 5: I feel like I was better for it, but no, I have not tell them. Actually I can assume what they are.
Speaker 1: Panties for pit passes. Yeah, just like it sounds right kind of, but then you know there's the Rod Ryan Show element to it. Oh no, So girls had to send us, send us their panties. That was there, That was their entry for him, with their name and information on their panties. They were in a box and then Doug had to go digging in there with his teeth like bobbing for panties.
Speaker 5: Oh oh no, I'm not going to forget that, okay.
Speaker 1: So he tried to create some dental dam and he put like some cell of vane over his face, and I think it's called the dental dam. Yeah, but he put like saran wrap over his face and went diving into the panty box.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: How many did he have to pull out?
Speaker 1: Just one?
Speaker 5: One per day?
Speaker 3: He had a box of them, had a box of panties, a girl sent in.
Speaker 5: And there was no health inspector situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there isn't a I mean, we are the panty inspectors. We were the panty inspectors on that. We didn't hire outside.
Speaker 4: Sources like an Instagram giveaway, something really vanilla.
Speaker 3: We never said they had to be washed.
Speaker 1: So if we're doing whatever, they couldn't get noticed.
Speaker 5: I mean fun.
Speaker 3: I know you guys love talking about AI. It wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 1: I think I'd asked you there was an AI powered robot that wasn't it applying fake eyelashes? And I said, an AI around your eyeballs was would freak me out?
Speaker 5: They were doing eyelash extensions.
Speaker 1: I believe they are the first AI dentist is going to work. What could go wrong?
Speaker 5: Just a drill in your mouth? What could go wrong?
Speaker 1: Robot dentists? Could dentists be out before the DJ of radio?
Speaker 5: Well, when you put it that way, I hope.
Speaker 1: So the first fully automated dental procedure has gone down from a robot dentist. A robotic arm controlled by AI shaved down a guy's tooth for a crown. I want a human doing that.
Speaker 6: Kidney taken out with a robot arm Like a robot did the surgery.
Speaker 3: How long ago?
Speaker 6: Years ago?
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago, four years ago, but with some guy with some dude driving the army was a.
Speaker 7: Robot though, Like I don't know, I don't know if somebody's controlling. I don't think anybody's controlling. I think that was the whole point. They were like, it's more precise when this doesn't really you know what I.
Speaker 4: Did at the airport, I got an AI manicure, like you stick your hand in and it like surveys you a little bit and then like something comes into.
Speaker 1: The truly AI. Was it just automated, you know, like an automated thing.
Speaker 5: I feel like, I don't know, I feel like it's AI.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's if it's not a human doing it, I feel like that's AI.
Speaker 1: Uh, I know, I don't know if that's because automation artificial intelligence. There's automation. So like on the line with sue at General Motors, there's a ton of robots. They're not AI. They're just the robots. So they're not learning. They just are taught one do that one skill and they're not getting smarter. So that's where that's where the AI comes in.
Speaker 6: We don't want them to be smarter.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not I'm still not doing anything. I'm not using chat GPT. I won't do it. I'm not doing anything until you know what there There isn't yet and this is just me.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Where's the AI app for your phone?
Speaker 6: They have it?
Speaker 1: Is there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: There are different platforms.
Speaker 1: Is there is there an app on your phone?
Speaker 6: There's like eight hundred apps a I apps.
Speaker 1: Do you know of one?
Speaker 7: I won't use them, so no, I don't know specifically, but I think chat GPT is an app that you can download it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, subscribe to it and you talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just talk to it.
Speaker 5: You give it prompts. I've messed around with this a little bit.
Speaker 1: I haven't at all.
Speaker 6: Literally, it is everything you ask it. Man, It's gonna be able to kill you.
Speaker 1: Like before you know it.
Speaker 4: You know how we do these brainstorming meetings, It's like you talk to it like this, You're like, I want you to pretend you're a radio DJ, and you need to come up with ten ideas for ticket giveaways that are fun. Do it in a voice that is edgy rock alternative, like this is like kind of a prompt you can give it.
Speaker 3: Then its fits it up.
Speaker 1: Girls sent in panties right right, exactly on panties.
Speaker 5: So that would be one, and you'd be like Gennery panty in the pits.
Speaker 4: Probably probably, But that's I've finagled with this back and forth.
Speaker 1: You need the human brain to come up with panties for pit passes. No robot would ever think of something.
Speaker 6: So outrageous, outrageous.
Speaker 1: All right, it's Pearl Jam, It's Better Man, ninety four to five, The ninety four, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Ooh, we're getting close. We're getting close again. I was just looking over at Instagram reels, just kind of looking at a few things. Yeah, two Corey Feldman videos. Okay, so to Corey Felderman videos. The world. The world wants me to watch nothing but Corey Feldman. I gotta admit I'm so excited. I mean, I love Limpiscuit, but Corey Feldman opening up. He's coming on stage and doing songs with Fred Durst, and he's doing.
Speaker 6: His Michael Jackson dancing Wildfread Durst is like, just.
Speaker 1: Like cover songs, God is the show.
Speaker 6: Corey Feldman is an experience.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think one person I was fortunate enough to get tickets from here. I don't think one person is buying a ticket because Corey Feldman is playing. But I do believe that people are gonna go early to see him, like it's a bonusa. Corey Feldman also is an absolute draw, right. I just don't think you can say, Okay, how many tickets is he sold? That's what you have an opening band for. They're gonna sell tickets, right. I don't think Corey sold any, but I do think he puts asses in seats. And what do you do when you get there early?
Speaker 3: You buy beer, you buy this, you buy that.
Speaker 6: You pull out your phone. Your record is set because you don't know what he's gonna do.
Speaker 5: Just wait for the viral moment to come to Olympus.
Speaker 1: Guit must have people just ready at the door when gates open. Bit for them. That's what we have for you.
Speaker 5: I would like a shirt. If you go shure, he.
Speaker 1: Must you know he's selling merch. You know all these idots are selling merch. O my god, Yeah, I'd like a vest if they don't have cut my hair like riff raff booth set up where they're giving his haircuts.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's a good idea. It should be business, it should be all of that.
Speaker 1: I'll do it.
Speaker 5: I'll go give you a haircut.
Speaker 3: It should be the whole idiot palooza.
Speaker 1: I'm down for it. I cannot wait for something. I'll be there. I can't wait front row for idiot Palooza. I have limpus Can tickets in the bit for you on the flip of this brake Man, if you want to join me, I can't wait.
Speaker 7: Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: US ninety four the bus, Welcome back Ron Ryan Show and just like that minute, it's time for Know the Show.
Speaker 15: La La La La La la la la la la la la La.
Speaker 1: Hit tickets Sunday Night.
Speaker 3: Left Biscuit Corey Feldman, what's your question is going to be?
Speaker 5: Tell me what.
Speaker 4: Sandwich Rod invented? He swears he invented it, and he says he's going to bring it in because he says we need to try it. I think it sounds delicious personally.
Speaker 1: It was on a Wednesday, so this is kind of an anniversary, okay of it. Okay, everyone over the year, I just remember the day, Okay, seven one, three.
Speaker 8: Five, smartphones, laptops, smart TV's, tablets, whatever way you listen, we are there. Tell your smart device to play ninety four five bus on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show Man. It's been awesome. We've had an Olympic blog page, at least one up every single day, and a lot of them are like some of the more viral moments.
Speaker 3: You were right there, the US National I guess it's the artistic swimming team.
Speaker 1: I swim teams, synchronized swimming, them doing the Michael Jackson routine and then upside down doing the moonwalk.
Speaker 5: Dude, how it's just how it's just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Okay. Do I watch synchronized swimming any other time of the year. Absolutely not watching this. It's amazing to me. It's it's incredible to see what these women are doing under the water, the.
Speaker 4: Artistry and the choreography. It's I don't know how they're doing it. The most talented thing I can do is swimming. Is like do a handstand and I will fall over after about three seconds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're just treading water. And it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Like they are putting together flips and routines and they're launching each other in the air.
Speaker 5: It's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my legs are bent like over in a ninety I'm like, am I up straight?
Speaker 1: Am I straight? Like I'm asking, Am I am I straight?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: You're not, dude.
Speaker 3: The legs are all over the place.
Speaker 1: No time for I know.
Speaker 2: This show on ninety four to five. The buzz the show.
Speaker 1: Don't check out the Olympic blog page, the viral moments. It's great.
Speaker 3: Good morning David.
Speaker 2: Yep, how you doing?
Speaker 3: Rod doing good man?
Speaker 1: I got a great ticket here. Uh, this is Tesla. She's got a question for you.
Speaker 5: Hey, can you tell me what Rod says?
Speaker 3: He invented several things? Pastrami and cream cheese.
Speaker 1: Show me pastrami and cream cheese.
Speaker 3: No, come on hand and hamm and cream cheese.
Speaker 1: I know it's something cream cheese. Let's just roll through every lunch meat. Good morning, Paul, Hello Paul, Hello, good morning. Welcome to know the show. Let's see if you know the show?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, ask him, Hey, what did Rod invent for lunch?
Speaker 2: Was itam and jelly? Salami?
Speaker 5: He said salami and jelly? No, get him off our phone. I was excited, you were so ready.
Speaker 1: I was so happy to here. Okay, I'm not gonna say, Amanda.
Speaker 5: Amanda, what did evan for school lunch?
Speaker 1: What did I invent? What sandwich did I invent?
Speaker 5: He invented salami and cream cheese?
Speaker 11: Okay, jimmykay, balam I got so excited, salami and jelly.
Speaker 1: Get that guy out of here.
Speaker 5: And then would that other guy say pastrami and cream cheese?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, no, hellm Amanda.
Speaker 1: Baloney ham. He was just going down all the lunch meets. All right, Amanda, you win? What are you giving her?
Speaker 4: You're gonna be in the pit to see Limp, Biscuit, Corey Felman, Nate, no Face, Bold rip round all.
Speaker 5: Of it at the Woodlands this weekend. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: I will be there and I will get a picture. And Ron, you gotta come down to the pit and take a picture with me.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no, no, sink me out.
Speaker 1: I'll be in there. Okay, I'm in the pit. Come please come over and say hello.
Speaker 4: I'll be there.
Speaker 1: All right, that's awesome, congratulations, all right, whatever Craig, Craig the whatever guy his back. Believe it or not, he turned Ross into a one pump chump. He's going to try to avoid the same Tomorrow, fresh out of bed, head to head, we played that game every morning at six twenty Wild Car. Wednesday was our number one link today our school lunch poll. Most of you would what I would call would be take the hot lun You took the hot lunch option. That means you had you either bought or you were given a school lunch. Sixty three percent of you. Only thirty two percent of you were brown baggers. Four point four percent of you went without lunch. Sad. I don't like to hear that tip. In the bus Roadkill Story suburb Summer Sizzler, Caesar disappointed the entire city of Angleton, Christian out of clear Lake. He advanced, and he did it the right way too. Tomorrow is Dayton versus Richmond. Tomorrow's throwback Thursday six the Grand Thursday Read my Lips. Tessa takes on alex I believe.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, Okay, we're gonna play that.
Speaker 1: Game at seven twenty because eight twenty is the Sizzler Jeremy Big.
Speaker 3: Jeremy Benson.
Speaker 1: He's got passes to the Rod Ryan's Show twentieth Anniversary show. It's got the NonStop noonor you got a chance to pick tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. Okay, and Alternative Income, a chance to win one thousand dollars is coming up as well. Rod Ryan Show on All Socials, Go Team USA, More viral moments tomorrow, more everything tomorrow. We're on a twenty hour break. Guys, have an awesome, awesome Wednesday. We're back at it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Ay, Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast.
Speaker 12: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.