Speaker 1: Greenish citations everyone of Tritch Weill's kind of Fantasy Baseball Live. It is August the ninth, about three point fifteen in the afternoon. Here is always from my good buddy, mister Tim mcclaud tmmy believe it's almost the middle of August.
Speaker 2: It is almost the middle of August. And hey, my apologies for holding things up to get things going. But I got locked out.
Speaker 1: Tam got locked out of the Patreon site and I said his password again. He's still locked out, so we'll have to figure it out another day. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can be me. So that's I guess I gotta.
Speaker 1: Not go to the Discord site and be you. I could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm expecting lots of funds. Okay, I really am.
Speaker 1: How's your Tim? I gave you Friday off offully you spend it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. I worked in car shops and on Saturday, Uh, I worked and went up to drive, brought brought the car we're looking at down, took it for a good drive. Certain nice when you work where a dealership, if you if you want to look at a car, you just sort of borrow one and go up and bring your car back down and go for a drive, and yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 1: Cool, and you like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm going to be a zoom zoom sort of guy moving forward. I think rich a.
Speaker 1: Zoom as in the software zoom or zoom as in the zoom.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's a Mazda and all. They ran a whole series of commercials for a long time that had the zoom zoom model.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was part of their commercial program, their marketing program. Everything was zoom doom, this, zoom doom that. So you know, after all of my time spent in Japan recruiting players, have.
Speaker 1: You ever owned a Japanese car?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't. But one of the things that I did do was, well, just from talking talking to people, they have a tendency to not want to break very oft. And then the last a heck of a long time, I went on and took a look at a couple large Canadian used cars and there was a whole mess of them with two hundred thousand plus kilometers still running. So that to me is a positive sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've owned Japanese cars and you know they run forever. That is. That is true. So some of the some of the American cars, they run for it. I mean as long as you keep the will changed. And yeah, cars cars run. I mean they last a long time.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The average age at least is eleven years. The average age of a car on the road is eleven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think with the salt that we pour on our roads, probably considerably lower. And our winters take a real toll on vehicles, they really do. I know people that have got vehicles that have lasted a long period of time and they get them undercoded every year before winter, ah, just to try and protect protect the undercarriage from salt erosion. And it's a real it's a real thing, it really is.
Speaker 1: It's a yeah, we'll get to base one and a second. Just want to tackle on. It's something similar when we lived at the beach for eight years. The average HVAC you know, your air conditioning unit that sits outside most of them here and normally last about fifteen twenty years. They last about six or seven years at the beach, and then you got to put in a brand new one and you get the absolute cheapest one you can because they have one of their high efficiency and this, that and the other, and save you don't get them. You get the cheapest one because six seven years later you're replacing it again, and it just sucks because they just disintegrate because of the salt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, it doesn't matter how much you spend. The salt's gonna take its toll on it, whether it's high end or low end. So why and why throw your money away? Right exactly?
Speaker 1: The guy said, I remember the last one I bought. He goes, we had this high energy efficiency fifteen thousand dollars. I go, okay, what's your cheapest one? Oh, sir, you don't want that. It's not very efficient. What's your cheapest one? It costs four thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I'll take that, I'll take two. I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Still, But sir, you're gonna it's gonna they're gonna charge you ten percent more for your energy usage. I'm aware, So I'll take the cheap one.
Speaker 2: Fifte eleven thousands a lot of exactly, so more than I haven't. I've done a good day.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure. So uh, it's been a fun baseball week. Up is down and down is up. The Dodgers finally won a game yesterday. They're three and seven over the last tense they they get the big Trek Scooble signing Timmy doesn't pitch is okay, doesn't win. But they've been struggling and all of a sudden, you look in the Mets roared back and they they can't lose the game. I mean it is it has been a weird week in baseball.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and you know, on on top of the fact they picked up Scooble, Edwin Diaz returned and he ain't blowing He ain't blowing his horn, that's for sure. The victory last night, he blew the save, and I think that's too he blew. You know, I don't think he's he's pitched a clean inning since he's been back. O'donne's saved. O'dannie saved him last night with a Lady Enning homer. But no, the Dodgers. Dodgers have been looking like mere mortals. Is scary, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Without looking, who's got the best record in baseball?
Speaker 2: Out looking Milwaukee, I would guess that is correct.
Speaker 1: Milwaukee's seventy three and forty four with a one forty run differential the same as the Dodgers. But there are three games up on the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, Yeah it is. Milwaukee has a good baseball team, they really do. And yeah they're tied with Queen's today, one all in the bottom of the fifth and mister Rosky he allowed to run Brooks Brooks Lee with a whole drop.
Speaker 1: Drop fantacy maners got to drop him to he gave up a run.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, drop him now before he has no value, or trade him now before he has no value, something like that.
Speaker 1: Some things don't change, though, and that is the Los Angeles Angels. Tim are terrible.
Speaker 2: Yes they are. Yeah, yeah, yeah they are, that's all. And they're going to continue to be terrible for.
Speaker 1: A while. Yeah, they're losing again today, ten to two with the Marlins. The Marlins have crawled back up to five hundred. Let's see, he's doing the damage for the Marlins, co nine with a home run. Gusto Pitch pitched a good game but comes out in the fourth inning. We've seen a lot of that this year, to tell me, with a lot of four plus innings and then guys get guys get sent to the showers after that.
Speaker 2: Well, you're looking. In a lot of cases, all you have to do is look at the walks and look at the bitches, and hey, you're not There's a reason that we call them five inning. Preddy, you walk two or three guys, that adds an extra fifteen bitches to your you know, at least fifteen pitches over and above to your pitch counts. It's hard to get into the fifth, six seventh inning when you're sitting at sixty sixty pitches after three innings. You know, it's it. It's a struggle. And uh, that's just the way of the world that that it's always been and it always will be. If you're walk badgers, yeah, you're you're gonna drive your your counts up. That's why the first inning, to me is so important in games. If you get a hitter that can run a count up on a picture, even if he makes the out running running that count up, that's huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That used to be the the Yankees kind of way, the Yankee way. Now that you've got all these guys that just swing and miss all the time, and it's just it's weird watch the Yankees. Just not the same team. And uh, but uh, let's talk about the Nationals back on the win column here seven to one, uh bemblic or tease with another home run. That's great. It's a platoon but he's got big boy power. It's just he cannot hit a lefty to save his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see what they do with him over the next six weeks. As I mentioned in my waiver war article, I think the next six weeks is you could go a long way in shaping his future with that team.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe, I mean, I think it's pretty clear the last three years he's got huge power, huge eggs of velocity, and it's been like one ten against the left. He just cannot hit left handed pitching. Now maybe that changes. If it does, also it becomes a lot more interesting. But it's he's going to be a platoon guy, but big boy power. He could be like Jock Peterson. That's yeah, it seems to have work for him.
Speaker 2: That's a decent that's a decent player. You're balthemore Orioles are scoring some runs today.
Speaker 1: They've actually played pretty well since uh since the trail. I think they they've maybe lost two in a row here to Texas, but prior to coming in there. I mean they're still not out of it.
Speaker 2: No, I it's still a little bit earlier for that. But like I'm looking at Ta kuber Rocker, he just got smoked today fiber and runs in two and two thirds, he's up to This is why we don't have four invibiting. But he's up to sixty one pitches through two and two thirds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's been pretty good this season. I think I actually started against the Orioles and I got him in one league, and I it's just crazy. I mean something, you start, you said him, he has a great game, you start him.
Speaker 2: He stinks.
Speaker 1: I mean it's very, very frustrating.
Speaker 2: Big time yep.
Speaker 1: Alonzo, Pete Alonzo with his twenty fourth home run, and he's got to get to thirty maybe thirty five. It's maybe not what the Orioles were expecting, but it's still good power.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what is batting average is thirty six points higher than Gunner Henderson.
Speaker 1: What what is wrong there? Tim? I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's a base dealer, he's a home run hitter, he's an average hitter, but none happened at the same time.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't get I mean he's like ex of velocities down a little bit, but he's still hitting the ball really hard. I I don't understand. I don't know if it's two years in a row that he's just not hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can't have a two fourteen bat hit in the lago spot.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that probably does have a pretty well he's only walking eight point six percent of the time, so it's probably what a two ninety five one base percentage. That's unacceptable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't work. No, actually, definitely not.
Speaker 1: Last year he hit two seventy four, but he's got a two forty nine babbit that's the problem. And he's hitting the ball hard enough that he should have a higher babbit than that. So it might looks like it's just bad luck. But eighteen home runs only eight stolen bases. Man, Yeah, it did not see that coming.
Speaker 2: No, he might want to take in that extension when it was offered.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, do you really think he's not going to be a great player.
Speaker 2: I've seen enough in the past couple of years and I'm questioning it, questioning it. Yeah, now you're gonna pay two hundred, Yeah, you're gonna pay three hundred million plus on a ten year deal for Gunner Henderson is a free agent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean his his again, his ex velocity is off the season. Eighty nine point six is worse than I thought it was. Four years in a row with ninety two plus on our exivelocity, it drops by three miles. I just you just don't see that. That's just weird.
Speaker 2: Very you know what else is weird? And I saw a chart to identify it. Paul Skein's velosity has been falling steadily since his first year in the league.
Speaker 1: That's confirming he's not been very good. Tim Let's face it. I mean, is he a top five pitcher now? Off the board?
Speaker 2: Probably? But not to me. That's what that's a past for the only the only picture right now that I've got confirmed in my top five is Yamamoto.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's let's I've now got Paul skins up. You are correct, I mean, ninety eight point eight to ninety eight point two in twenty twenty five, that's within the margin of era.
Speaker 2: That's that's fine.
Speaker 1: This year, Yeah, ninety six point nine.
Speaker 2: That's not fairly significant.
Speaker 1: I mean he's still doing really hard. I mean shouldn't. I mean, it's one ninety seven expected batting average against his four seam or the sweeper. Nobody's hitting I mean, nobody's hitting the stuff and it's rates. So I don't know. He still looks really good to me, even at ninety six point nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I'm looking at the top five picture next year, what I want to see is consistent results. They don't have to be the best results, but I want consistency. That's that's important.
Speaker 1: It's really hard, though, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well when you take a look take a look at Yama Mortal, he's just sort of humming right along. Not best. He's a top ten picture. But how many games have we seen Yama Mortal in his rather brief allow five or more and runs? How many times has he been pulled early? Probably not very often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair, So Paul, just just more data to I mean, you can just roll your eyes if you want three nine era, expect that the era is two ninety nine. So it's a run better. He still got really really good stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, Yeah, I you know, I don't know either. That's why it looks for you.
Speaker 1: It looks I mean, I mean I don't know about dropping them too much. I mean this, this, this looks like a stud to me. He says, like he's getting a little unlucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's very consistent at it this year.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree that Gunnar Henderson is a little bit more disconcerting. Why has he got the huge eggs of velocity down? He's added a little bit more leverage to try to hit more balls out. I get that, but we need to find out what has happened with his eggs of velocity because that's that's driving everything, and he is getting a little unlucky. So maybe it's not as bad as the surface that show. You know, you can squint and see that, so, you know. I have these conversations because I do a lot of work for agents, and I have this conversation when a kid's in college and I'm arguing the same thing, I don't know, am I going to invest fifty thousand dollars in this kid to, you know, to get him the nutrition and training and then he's not going to be very good? And I'm trying to argue that it feels like the exact same conversation. I don't know. Yeah, it's my money Wilson. Really it's worth it.
Speaker 2: And the next thing, you want a ten percent share.
Speaker 1: Rich You're right, how about we go halves he's on it. You put in twenty five and I put in twenty five. I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Now, yes, yes, yeah, I'll talk to Laurie and get back to you.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I don't think i'd ever do that. I mean, I know there's there's that's part of the thing that Oh the guy in Cleveland that got thrown out of the leaks of his gambling closer.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, what's his name again?
Speaker 1: I forgot anyway, he.
Speaker 2: Looked it up after the last podcast, Yeah, I said, and and you know what happened?
Speaker 1: What's a I forgot?
Speaker 2: I forgot it again. He's still on the roster. So I'm scrolling down jud buying Emmanuel class A manual.
Speaker 1: Class A was one of those guys that sold his future earnings to people to invest in. And I guess he got the last laugh right, because he made money off of future earnings and there ain't going to be no future earnings, so I guess it work.
Speaker 2: I think, well, he's still getting paid, so I guess there's something for now. Anyways, at least I imagine he's still getting paid.
Speaker 1: Oh, I wouldn't think he's getting paid. I would think he's on administrative leave. I was assuming he's not getting it's not getting paid. Let's see, yeah, is a manual class A m hmmm, still getting getting paid. Let's see here what the Google machines say. No, it's no longer getting paid.
Speaker 2: He's on the restricted list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not getting he ain't going to get paid. I mean, but it's the funny thing is he already got paid because he sold his future rights. Maybe that's what gave him motivation to do that. If you think about it, he's like, well, what do I have to lose except my dignity, throat, I've already gotten paid for my future. Let me see if I can double double down and gamble a little way.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, yeah, it's yeah, what price do you put on dignity?
Speaker 1: Well, let's see what. Let's say what his contract wants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guaranteed it was. Mine would probably be a lot less than his. Kidding that's one on.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, A j Ewing's still batting a leadoff, still playing really nice, two sixty three batting average, very strong, bashett is having a good game today. Yes, Robert Junior hit a hit, a home run, hit his fifth. Yeah, Jared Jones with a tough outing. I just traded I traded him away. Got lucky on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was going to say, timing is every thing well done? Yeah, Bene with another decent day, two for three with an RBI.
Speaker 1: Look, if the Mets can just stay the course to me let these young kids kind of again. I know, you look at the Orioles and you go, that's what we said for them, and look where it's gone them. Absolutely nowhere. But I think if they just let these young kids like percolate over the next rest of this year and a good part of next year, I think it's going to be a good solid and then they they hire, they bring in some pitching to augment and they got really good young pitching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know how you accomplish it, but at some point in time, you've got to have something called team chemistry. And yeah, they're going to have to find some way to work through that. But no, with you em and you know Soto is gonna hit. He's gonna have a four hundred ov B for the next seven eight years and hit twenty five thirty plus home runs. Whatever, there's a good core there, there's no doubting that. But they got they got some tweaking to do.
Speaker 1: I watched the Athletics versus Boston yesterday times. It was the only game one, and I got a chance to watch my buddy Cage jump looked really really good. And the Boston broadcasters, I mean, the Boston had come in winning I think on another ten game winning trick was just absolutely ridiculous, and they were just on a high and just got of hand it to him by jump. But you know, as I'm watching the game, I'm looking at the starting lineup and it's so grad. It's it's it's Monasterio, It's Siegler, It's Jared Durant and is two on bam. It's Eli White, remember Eli White. The speeds are kid. I mean, how are they doing this?
Speaker 2: Eli White today is three for three with a run scored and an RBI.
Speaker 1: But he's still hitting two thirty eight. I mean, I don't know how they're doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, hey, Durbin has been hot, hot, hot hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Raphaella's had a really nice season and William Wilson. Cantreras has been great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I wish William was playing like Wilson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're doing this with that Roman Anthony, maybe Trevor's story a little bit and Garret Ksha don't forget Karrit Crochet hasn't played in honest, it's May.
Speaker 2: Forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're playing great. They're winning again today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They are now twelve games, twelve games over five hundred penning today's result.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: They were way under five hundred at the end of May. And I still remember talking about selling off on their bullpen.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, we had we had a roll as Chapman gone, he was gone, and yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, because we talked about who was going to be left. And we both agree both of them are going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy crazy game that we that they play, that we play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is, yeah, it's it's pretty good. But you know, you're talking about team chemistry, and again maybe it's just the broadcasters I was listening to. I mean, they were so excited. They said, the team is excited about what's going on with, you know, with the club, and they maybe that has something to do with it. These guys get on a roll. They like each other, and next thing you know, they're they're winning ten games in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after winning fourteen or whatever it was in a row. Yeah yeah, yeah and insane.
Speaker 1: The age just scored another run, So it's three three. The Yankees and Atlanta tied up at one to one. Kind a pitching battle between Schlittler, who's just been really, really good. This is another eleven strikeouts and for the Braves, grand Holmes held up. The Yankees don't have enough bats anymore, Tim, they just don't have enough.
Speaker 2: No, but I you know, I was looking at the bottom of that lineup, and a couple of times this week I saw Jones and Lumbard Junior Yill in the box score with NaNs numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All I know is Spencer Jones this this week, and I took him off of the prospect list because he is no longer eligible. Tim, he's I don't have to worry about. I don't have to worry about predicting if he's going to be any good or not. That's all on you, So good luck.
Speaker 2: I thank you for that. I don't know, Yes, well, guess what I'm got to quote you. I don't either.
Speaker 1: He's got power. I you know, you just have to deal with this. He's hit two fourteen. Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Kyle Schwarber Mini, Kyle Schwarber with a bit of speed. How's that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You hope? What do you? I mean? Obviously Lombard Junior has been fantastic. Do you think it'll stick?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think it will. I I don't. I don't think we see Anthony Volpe until sometime in September of that. Yeah, I just if even that, I I think they've moved on. It's changed time.
Speaker 1: And well, I mean they're saying here, the media is basically saying here that Chisholm is a free agent at the end of the season, and they're gonna have Volti playing at second base, and that's where they're gonna They're gonna have Volpi and Lombard Junior as they're up the middle tandem. That's that's what they're saying.
Speaker 2: He could be. But I know that every time Volpi while in New York, every time he makes a misstep, there's you know, hey, players make mix missteps. They're human. Every time something happens involving they're gonna boo him like you ain't ever seen it's Yeah, I I don't know how he could. I don't know how he could play in New York moving forward. Yeah, Hey, I know they're paying them, but he's got to have an awful, awful thick skin. Ignore what he's going to hear every time there's a mistake, and he will make something. I don't care how good of how good you are. Yeah, you're going to fail occasionally. Man. Like I said, Hey, if he can survive in New York after everything that's happened the past couple of years, hey, all them more power to him.
Speaker 1: Uh Yeah, it's unfortunate, least for here because he's a local kid to where we live. So we went to school two miles away. So that's a real bomber. Today, it's take a break, get back and uh Rich Wilson had a star star sighting this week. I'll tell you about it till we get back. We live in a very cool town, historic town. Lots of trendy bars and then lots of bars that look like you know something, that like richness of those bars, like you might see them in an old, old fashioned kind of movie. So they do. Hollywood comes in and does a lot of movies here, and there's something called grown Up three. It's an Adam Sandler Chris Rock movie. And so they're in town shooting at probably I think a restaurant hotel combination, maybe two or three miles from where we live. But they came into our town to eat, which is what everybody does. And I'm in line picking up my pizza two days ago and I turned turn around. Guy asked me what's good here? And I said, well, you know, so, I'm talking about the different pieces. I look up and it was Adam Sandler, kind of like like you look familiar. He goes, yeah, I am. I go, oh, I think I know who you are. This is what you want to get. Else get this, I said, enjoy, and I walked out with my pizza.
Speaker 2: You probably got to thank you.
Speaker 1: He said, Hey, that sounds great. That's what I'm going to get. I said, I'm not steering your wong. I live upstairs, trust me. I ate way too many too much pizza here, so this I know. Yeah. So uh, all right, let's get back to baseball. And I got a couple of questions for you here. Let me get to my notes. The hunter Green having elbow surgery again. Now they haven't said if it's Tommy john or or Brace surgery, Mike brace surgery. He's already had Tommy Johnny just a couple of years ago. This isn't a bad development.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not good. It is really not good. You know, it's it could be and it could be getting towards the end here, Rich you know, like how many you have? Well, yeah, I know he's so young. But when was the last time he was truly healthy?
Speaker 1: Has he ever truly been healthy?
Speaker 2: That would Yeah, I had a.
Speaker 1: Shoulder problem before, he had an elbow problem.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah. Are we looking at Lancema Colors?
Speaker 1: I mean we well, I mean I think it's a better picture. Had more upsight than Lancel Colors, but it's it's a fair Are we looking at Dustin?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So he was healthy in twenty twenty four and fifty innings, okay, twenty six starts. He probably he was on the I L for a couple of three.
Speaker 2: Weeks, so yeah, yeah, Okay, that's only two years ago. Past two years have been Yeah, well where that where that what happened before the one hundred and fifty innings? That's got twelve five Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: So he's never he's never had a game started that begins with three, so he's always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't. I In dynasty leagues, I think you have no unless you want to give him a boy if you're sitting on him. Yeah, in re draft leagues for next year, I would, I would, I would. I wouldn't be touching him by the time he comes back, even in the best set of circumstances. He's going to be back for September, right, that's a long time to sit on. Yeah. No, it's tough.
Speaker 1: He's not going to play next year. I wouldn't think no again, if it's let me, it's fallen exactly what Dustin May did, and that was too back to back surgeries, maybe with a year or two in between. And I mean Dustin May, he didn't come back for a long time, but before you and then he wasn't very good when he came back.
Speaker 2: So I don't know a twenty twenty nine he'll win somebody a league.
Speaker 1: Here you go yours truly, because I have my fink on three or four dynasty leagues. I mean, it's tough, it's tough, but I have a lot of depth in my pitching. I've learned from past mistakes. So Calyn Culpeper gets the call with the Minnesota Twins, A really interesting call. Again, we're still a little too far out for these guys to still be rookie eligible. And we know that teams like to do this because they get that sandwich pick in the draft of you know, they they win the Workie of the Year or they come close to it. There is some report, but kln Culpeper caught him up a little. What do you think.
Speaker 2: I mentioned him in the waiver wire. I don't know if you read my capsule there, but I thought I was being fairly fairly creative with my last sentence. Do you want me to utter it now?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Well, hey, Kalin's a pepper. Wouldn't you like to roster a pepper? Took?
Speaker 1: All right, that's pretty funny today. I let my AI assistant. I hopefully kept that and I gave them specific instructions, don't change any of the puns. So, but I I didn't get a chance to read it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I started like what the Twins are doing. They're they're they're in the hunt for the AL Central title and they're bringing up a top kid who's finally healthy. Okay, it was like they're not wasting it and they're not taking any chances on his next Iyel state. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen at the big league level. So I started liking what the twins are doing. The kid's got some popp he's got some speed. Hey, good, good for them that they're bringing this kid up and hopefully he contributes.
Speaker 1: I think he's really good. I think this is a kid that we haven't people don't talk enough about. It could be because I mean, last year was healthy, he went twenty home runs, twenty five stolen bases, and hit two eighty nine. So their speed and power in a field of hit. He's already hit a home run so far this season. This is a guy that, yeah, and everybody's excited about George Lombard and Max Clark. This is a guy that's brought up there with that talent. He's a very good baseball player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you're looking at adding him through the waiver wire this week, you will not pay as much for Colepepper. I don't think as you will for Lombard.
Speaker 1: I think I'd rather have Culpepper. He might have been ranked Tiger than I have to go back and take a look. But I just think he doesn't get the do I don't know why. I mean, I mean people that play. Yeah, he played for the Yankees, you're going to get more more juice. But Colpeper has a chance to be a very very good baseball player. I was happy to see him called up and again didn't quite understand it, just given the baseball stuff Jackson Job, Tim, I love what I didn't read what you about him in the way. We'll save it for that. But I mean, can you imagine if Jackson Job had not gotten hurt and you had Job, Myz schoobl and Troy Melton. I mean, that would have been the best rotation in baseball.
Speaker 2: Maybe be up there for sure. Yeah, I think is hurt right now.
Speaker 1: I think he's been hurt all season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I can't believe after his last outing he's healthy. Yeah, he got up big time. Yeah, So yeah, it'd be it would be quite the rotation, no doubting and.
Speaker 1: Job up to one hundred miles of hours. Tim. We'll talk about that in a few minutes. But we also, as I did some math or Patreon members.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that, right, well done, Well done, so.
Speaker 1: Kate Anderson, Joshua By as other top prospec Here's the math, everybody. So to remain rookie eligible, you have to stay as a hitter below one hundred and thirty eight bats in a pictriple of fifty innings. That's easy to manage, right, So the so the teams can manage that, they can put the guy on the bench and you know, or just stop stop throwing them if he gets close to that fifty innings. And if all.
Speaker 2: Loan the Rockies, I'll loan the Rockies my Avoco soulator.
Speaker 1: What you cannot alter is forty five days of major league service to stay rookie eligible, if you take the twenty ninth of which is really weird. Twenty ninth of September is the last day, so it's really early this season. That makes August thirteenth as forty five days out. So anytime after August thirteenth, these guys could now get called and remain prospect eligen. It's gonna be tougher for Klein Culpepper and the Max Clark's and the Lombards of the world. But some of these other guys. They could bring them up. Now, does Kate Anderson have a place to pitch will? That is what we don't know. Maybe they'll go to a six man rotation. But that's that's my latest theory, Tim. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know, it's nice to know those numbers. And you know that josh Bias doesn't get called up sometime around the fourteenth, fifteenth, you might as well got him lose, right, Well, he.
Speaker 1: Could get a September call up, But I mean, what's that well, I mean, I don't even I mean, at some point because what Joshua Bias, what bothers me with him is the success that JJ Weatherhold has had this season. And for all we know, the Cardinals go, look, this worked perfectly for us, and Weatherhold's got a good chance of winning the Rookie of the Year and we started them up the beginning of the season. Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So from now on in Saint Louis, every time somebody doesn't get a promotion, we're going to say they got weather holded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's an unreasonable position to take, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, Yeah, I don't know for us.
Speaker 1: To take that for us to assume that they're going to follow with what's worked in the past. I mean, that's what people do, whether we exactly whether it's it's the right thing to do or not. I think that's where you and I have a problem with.
Speaker 2: But I mean, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: But it's shocked if Bias is not here until April next season, if we have a season.
Speaker 2: I have, I have been two legues, and I have sort of counting on the power. So no, it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't get called up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, anything to glean from Trek Scooble's mediocre start for Terrek School, Casey my is getting blown up, Freddy Peralta getting blown up, Robbie Ray getting blown up, all guys that were traded at the deadline, just trying to find their footing in their new city.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Well, I schoobl didn't have a bad oding, two earned runs over six and well if yeah, yeah, if you, if you, if your expectations were sixteen strikeouts because he's a Dodger and a no hitter, well yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what my expectations are. Quite frankly, tell me, Okay.
Speaker 2: They're higher than mine.
Speaker 1: I mean he's Trek scoobway goes to the Dodgers that say, I was told by everybody on television that this was best picture in baseball. He was going to make the Dodgers a three peak. That's what I was told.
Speaker 2: But he's still good. But again, of things happened last year. Congratulations to the Dodgers. They did win the World Series. They were the champions, But I don't know if they were the better team in the World Series. Anybody can win and lose on any given day.
Speaker 1: That's coming through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm no law. I'm nasty now, Rachel. Okay, I'm not a nice guy. By the way, you.
Speaker 1: And your damn weather you just talked about last week all week long, Tim, It's been here and it absolutely blows. I mean it's it's unbelievable how hot it is here. I mean it's it's not the temperature hot, but you go outside and it feels like you're in a sauna. It's unbelievable here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, by now we're usually getting our first snowfall. Okay, and it's still eighty five flipping degrees here.
Speaker 1: It's hot El Nino, man, where everything's reversed. There's no hurricanes at the moment, which is great, but all the heat ships up here where we live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's yeah, it's been a hot hot July August, Yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure. But I wanted to thank you for that because I told you after I think it was the last Sunday. So Tim says the hot water's coming. He goes, I hope he's wrong, like Wednesday. She goes, I hate Ti mccleodic. Oh I do too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a family thing. Okay, well done, glory, thank you. I'll try and send some cold weather in January. Make up.
Speaker 1: We said it all in a very loving way that we talked about so so uh, this is kind of a dumb question. But five inning Freddy went to three point two? Is his next outing more likely to be two plus innings Freddy or five plus innings Freddy?
Speaker 2: U Freddie Parolta has not been good all year? Why would we why would we expect out of the blue for him to change that in one start or two starts. I'm going to say he's going to continue being Freddy until Tampa Bay actually has some time to work on a few things, and less than a week is not time to work on a few things. So if I, if I I don't have Parolta, I've got him in one redraft and one dynasty and he's sitting mood. I'm just gonna sit him until I see some semblance of five inning Freddy and that first start. No, it wasn't happening. I started.
Speaker 1: Boy, I guess, guess when Freddy next pitches?
Speaker 2: When would that be Monday?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And Sacramento.
Speaker 2: Oh well, let me get him back for that, please please, that's not good. No. And you know what, because we're picking on them, making them go into this, you'll probably pitch a two hitter or something, okay, just to rub it in their bases, and everybody else is as they have them on their bench, right, you can't start them in Sacramento. But yeah, no, you just can't start them there.
Speaker 1: And there's a article thirty eight minutes ago on MLB dot com title mis become second fastest picture in MLB history to two hundred strikeouts in a single season. That's pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: It is incredibly impressive.
Speaker 1: Trying to find out who the fastest one two one hundred.
Speaker 2: Was, Doc Goodense, Oh Spen, Spencer Strider, oh, Strider Schreider hundred.
Speaker 1: That obviously didn't end well. I mean, Spencer Strider. We talked about, you know, kind of what Hunter Green's is is. Is Hunter Green going to become Spencer Stryder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's possible, which is not good.
Speaker 1: No. No, he's a side young and he's gonna be the number one picture off the board. I know you're not interested in and I get it, totally getting me. He's going to be your number one picture off the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I am. I'm going to try and go safer if I can get Sanchez or Yama Motor. That's my early thoughts. Sanchez, Yamma Motor. I think I'll roll in that direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I get that. I mean that makes total sense to me. The Athletics fire their general manager David Frass. After all, it was his fault to me of moving the team out of Oakland into Sacramento. It's definitely his fault.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, definitely the only positive here for David forrest Okay as a GM. Okay, his next GM job, you'll probably make more than minimum wage.
Speaker 1: That's true. You know, it's funny. I was watching this as the time with watching my Buddy Cage Jump Play, and then I saw this news. I was writing writing the notes for you, and I just I just decided to do kind of a deep dive on the new stadium in Las Vegas. I must say, Tommy, it looks beautiful. I mean it looks a little bit like the Sydney Opera House, you know, kind of that that kind of architecture, and it's it's enclosed except the outfield, like a window is there? That looks like it's open to me? I mean I think it's there's not a wall there or glass there. It looks completely open. And I have no idea. I'm not smart enough to even even venture. I guess is that going to be? Is that going to help or hurt? Or what is that going to do to the aerodynamics in that park?
Speaker 2: Well, it could end up proving to be a pain in the glass.
Speaker 1: That could be. I'll give you I'll give you a a rim shot for that. But if people haven't seen it, you should go take it is absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it has to look nice Vegas. It's sort of a rule. Okay, yeah, it has to look nice. It's in Vegas. But based on where I'm what I'm hearing a lot of the casinos right now are hurting real bad and there might even be some bankruptcy. So let's hope it doesn't follow suit with the casino industry right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't heard that, Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow, Yeah, casinos are the business. Business is down.
Speaker 1: You know what else is down? Not to get off the baseball subject, I read read an article I think it was in the Wall Street Journal today of how how little people are drinking now and a lot of wineries are going under because people around the world are just they're no longer drinking, you know. The alcohol consumption has gone down drastically, which is pretty interesting. That's that's pretty fascinating as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, I won't get into the politics of the day, but we're not buying anything American in liquor right now, so it's having a huge bearing on things.
Speaker 1: But that's part of it as well. But apparently I read this article they said, and maybe this is one that some California vineyards are just burning their fields, which makes no sense to me, but that's I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know they're taking they're taking the look, they're taking the Long Island out of the ice.
Speaker 1: They are taking a long island, Timmy. That is that is a wrap for looking at games. And let's take a quick break and come back and look at you waiver war. It's a good one this week lost. It is an extremely young waiver wire report. Lots of kids under twenty five, which you always like to see. And my buddy basib I was just looking at him thinking about picking him up, and I kind of laughed out loud. I've been writing about him for gazillion years and it was good to see him having some success and making a ten o'cloud waiver wire. That's exciting. I mean, so, what was it like looking for the names that they come easily? I'm curious on the waiver to excuse me, the closer report? Did that come easier? Did that took a lot of digging to figure it out?
Speaker 2: The closer report took a fair bit of work, okay, because so many teams and hopefully I got most of them, most if not all of them right. There were so many players that changed teams, okay. I was deleting names, adding names, shuffling all over the place. The closer report was it was, it was a handful as far as the article itself. I actually did something very very very very novel, and it made a whole lot of sense. I started this basically after we got off the air on Tuesday. Okay, we reviewed everything, so I started.
Speaker 1: We started from that thing You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Yes, thank you. I appreciate it when you make my life easier. But no, I so I had. I had names starting on actually even before we did the podcast, I had some of the traded names, et cetera, et cetera. So it was actually a lot of fun because again I spread it out over a full week and I got into the actual written narratives. I did the closer report last night for the most part, and a lot of the written narratives were this morning, so it was all sorted out organized. It flows fairly smoothly, but again because of the volume involved. Had I not taken and worked on it, you know, starting on Monday of the week, it would have been it would have been a handful.
Speaker 1: The first one brings a smile to my eye because I love your analysis. I did read some of them, I guess I didn't read the one that you made the joke on. Uh, Caleb, Uh, what was the one you were telling me, oh, Caling Culpepper, I missed that one. But I loved your analysis, and Andrew Alvarez, you really broke it down from a baseball savant standpoint.
Speaker 2: Tell us what people should pack him up. People should pick him up because he's got a good pitch mix. Okay, he's got a curve, he's got a forcing fastball, he's got a slider, and I think he throws a sinker eight percent of the time. He's got a fourth pitch in there, so he's he's got it all. But what I really like is the fact that he's he's a southball and he's got a ninety two point eight mile an hour fastball, which right away says to you, ninety two point eight on the fastball. Yeah, but then you look at what he does with his breaking stuff. Okay, he's got the curve at twenty seven eighteen, the slider is at twenty six to sixty. Man, he can spin that breaking stuff big time, Okay, which I think, who's going to help offset the fact that he has a relatively low velocity fastball. The problem is to walks. Okay, yeah, it is definitely a problem. But when I see a picture that can spin a curve and spin a slider, and he's pictures from the left hand side. He's got an okay fastball. It's not like it's eating It's not Tommy MALONEI ish, Okay, there's upside there. Okay, If at some point in time his control improves, he could be a really, really good find. So basically what I put is he's a work in progress, but I'd like to see how that progress looks on my roster compared to the competition. So that's where I am with Alvarez. He intrigues me, good man.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's definitely obviously the path is very narrow. If you don't have velocity, I mean, you've got to have great control. He's off stuff that really spinds, so he's going to get some swing and miss with his pitches. But I mean it makes any mistakes throw ninety two miles an hour, it's going he's going to get hit. So that's right, that's the problem. Miserowski. You throw one hundred and two, you make a mistake, it's still one hundred and.
Speaker 2: Two, yeah, exactly. Yeah, odds are pretty good. It is in the catcher's mitt before you've completed your swing through the ball.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and this is just the way it is when you throw that hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, very few players have the have the bat speed to pick up pick up the type of pitch and then start to swing. Almost everybody against Jacob Mezeroski. Why you so successful? Have got the cheat on the fastball? Have got to start his swing earlier, and you started thinking it's a fastball coming alson, it's a change up or you know, some kind of some kind of breaking bit. You're you look stupid. And that's why I get so many bad looking swings. Looks like the bud guys are way out front because also they see, oh it's it's different than a fastball. They try to make the adjustment and guess what, it's too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're down on one knee smiling. It's and then walking back to the Yeah, then walking back to the Doug. Yeah that's yeah. So Alverra is intrigues me. He's five percent rostered. I'm going to see I'm going to see how many leagues I can add him in just to see what happens.
Speaker 1: Good, good for you, and I hope it works out. So I got a chance after the Red Sox game yesterday, I flipped every and watched the Angels game. Got a chance to watch Moys's bellisterios. You know who he is, Tim Alejandra Kirk. I know baseball, the baseball references. Moys's bellisterios is one hundred and ninety five pounds.
Speaker 2: That's a lot by he is. I haven't see he's as big as Kirk. Kirk's a tank, a little tank, but he's a same height.
Speaker 1: They're both five ft eight. Maybe, yeah, maybe Kirk's got twenty pounds on him, but it's a big fact. He's a little fat kid. I mean that, that's who he is. I'm sorry to say it like that. Well, yeah, I can flat out hit just like Alahama Kirk can. I think there's going to be maybe a little bit more power than Kirk. The Kirk's got decent power, but he's a He's the shortest, big, heavy set kid. That's that's who he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the big the big thing that we should get out of this this whole exercise, is the fact that he's playing in Anaheim, so he should get If he doesn't get an opportunity to play in Anaheim, he won't get an opportunity anywhere. Okay, it's yeah, he's going to get that opportunity as the number two catcher. I think I'll take a chance on him heading into all six weeks of the season. Look at the cot id do.
Speaker 1: Contact look at me if you had a chance to watch me. I saw him a couple of years ago at the Fall League. He looked okay to me, because that was always a concern that he was really gonna put on Wait, and I'm like, I think he's okay, and I look, well, wow, he put on He put on some serious palmage. But Kirk is only striking out twelve thirteen percent of the time. I don't think Moys's Ballisterius is quite at that level yet. But in the minor leagues Triple A Timmy five hundred and nine played appearances and twenty twenty five he struck out thirteen percent of the time. So there's a lot of similarities there between kirk thirteen home runs. So yeah, Kirks, Kirk's a good little player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he is. Yeah, I don't disagree. So Ballisterio is a twenty percent roster, there's an opportunity to get in a second catcher. I think that might help you down the stretch.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've never known how to pronounce this guy's first name, os Leviz. I don't know if it's ass Elvis. I always struggled to actually write it because it was a very odd name that he Basibi is his last name, second base shortstop with the Giants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's nice to see him back, you know. The first time we saw him, yeah, it was a long time ago. And he's still only twenty five. You know. The race brought him up early in twenty twenty three. He struggled and we haven't seen him since. But San Francisco is now home man. In the past seven games, he's going eight for twenty six, three home runs, eight RBIs. I'm thinking a small bit is worth it, just to see what happens in week two and possibly week three. He's two percent rostered, so he's you know, hey, when everybody else out there, okay is chasing Lombard and Culpepper and you're broke with fourteen dollars, fab give give us leaves? Uh A look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at the pronunciations. Oh slave vs.
Speaker 2: Slavey, slavey slavey okay o.
Speaker 1: H hyphenated s l A, so that would be oh slave and then it's E E C E vs O.
Speaker 2: Slaves sleeve O slave Yeah, old slavey Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think it's pretty close to what you said.
Speaker 2: Good there, nice Ukrainian lad.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I don't think so to give you a stupid grim shottle because I started laughing.
Speaker 2: But there we go. There are rules for a reason. We get true.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, many thanks, this guy is he is not Ukrainian. Now I don't know why I'm laughing. Now you got me laughing, all right, rettbat By the way, Ukraine doing really good in the war. There were think we're all rooting for Ukraine.
Speaker 2: So we are.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how that war has changed. From me. They're really defining the way war is going to be fought with everything is drones and all all remote control and stuff. It's absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 2: Well you're looking straight to Hormo and Hermos. It's it's the same thing, the rone. Yeah. Yeah, it doesn't matter how big your aircraft area, how many planes it has. On one little five thousand dollars, drone can sink it. Yeah. That changes the way the game's played.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so my, my, nephew runs helicopter helicopter company, and they are they are creating drones as well. Uh and they cost like fifteen to make and and you know, and they carry a payload, and you know they're testing them and they're in the wild. Now you put temmy like like militarily where they are. But show me some video which are publicly available, and they're amazing, Timmy, It's just like you know that that's how And you can have these nerds sitting in it that play video games, sitting in a book somewhere three thousand, five thousand miles away and doing the remote control with these things, and it's it's it's a safer war and it's pretty it's pretty crazy. What's actually happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know with my background in Pong, I'm looking at the playing some joubs down the road.
Speaker 1: I've given you too many rim shots. Brett Brett Bateman. I saw him play the other day. It's more about him.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for power, he ain't happening. If you're looking for a good hit tool with solid wheels, it just might happen. For now, I I've got to give him a look. If your game is the al only model. But uh, the Jay's tossed him me in the leadoff spot today, which I sort of like, I don't know how he did. I haven't, I haven't jacked talking. Yeah, the last I saw Schwarz, Okay, yeah, in an al only he's not rostered in an al only you roster. Everybody with a pulse and Bateman might be around for a while on their big league rosters, So yeah, give him a look.
Speaker 1: If Schwarber with two home runs and a stolen base just just becaused him.
Speaker 2: That was a pity stolen bas Rich, we know it.
Speaker 1: Schwarber's batting one and a rise, batting fourth, Bryce Harper and right field.
Speaker 2: Makes total sense.
Speaker 1: I just it's the dumbest thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just hoped.
Speaker 1: I hope they got because I got Bryce Harper a couple of leagues in which I'm in the money. If he gets hurt playing right field, Timmy.
Speaker 2: I'm better. Hear you yelling all the way from here.
Speaker 1: With Cody Bradford starting picture with the Texas Rangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, solid, Hey, he's been hurt on the il. He made his debut and it was it was okay, four and a third shadowed innings he's lowed a couple walks struck of five. Again, we're still looking at building up arm strength. I'd look at rostering him now, but I think they had him on a seventy pitch count. I think that will gradually increase to the point where he's pitching five and six innings. But they're going to be careful with them. But again, it's a situation where pitching is tough. I give Bradford a look. He's not a bad starter when he's one healthy.
Speaker 1: Calin Culpepper. Anything to add on mister Culpeper, No, I think I would if I had the money.
Speaker 2: I think I I might be tempted to be very aggressive with Culpepper. I think Minnesota is going to play him, and as much as we know, oh that Lombard is gonna play Colepepper is not a He's not a bad consolation price. If you're playing the middle infield game this week.
Speaker 1: Order these three for the rest of the season. Cal Culpepper, Max Mark, George Lombard.
Speaker 3: Junior, Uh Clark, big gap, Yeah, I've Clark.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, I think he is. I think he's gonna gonna rock rock our world for the next six weeks. Yeah. I Lombard right now has a guaranteed playing time, so that gives him a slight edge, But I like the stolen based potential maybe a bit. I'm gonna call it a draw. In the next two I'll probably focus on Culpepper because I think he'll be a little bit less expensive.
Speaker 1: Best mccommon on George Lombard. Look, I love George Lombard. I do. I I've seen him play conservatively forty five fifty games, seen a lot of year in my neck of the woods. See I mean, yeah, I mean I've seen him play a lot. I don't think I've ever seen him play like have a great game, like you kind of come away going wow, that's amazing. But if you piece it all together, he hits the ball pretty hard. He's obviously fast. He's a great defender at shorts. Why they had n't why they had him playing third base in triple A, I didn't understand that he's a great defender at short. But he's never had that stretch of time where it's been this is going to be a star. That's that's my only like negative feedback. Everything else from the scouty reports, from the data that you look at it all looks good, except he's never put it together. You can also say the same thing about Max clark though Max Clarker in the last sixty days has been pretty darn good.
Speaker 2: He's been incredibly good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I mean George Lumbard just not has not had that stretch.
Speaker 2: Hm. Okay, it's interesting. And again, if you look at at the environment, I would have to think that Colt Pepper gets a fairly big edge because Minnesota versus the Bronx do that. You know, Lumber's gonna have to play. There'll be a fair fair bit of slack initially because of what's happened over the past year and will be et cetera, et cetera. But at some point in time, if he goes into the tank for a week or two, they move everybody in New York, don't they.
Speaker 1: The media today Copper City on the bench. So that's a look. You know, they from from the like the ken Rosenthals of the world. I'm assuming they know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They asked from the Yankees for Trek Schouble was in fact George Lombard junior and they said no.
Speaker 2: And I think I think I don't have any problems with accepting that as reality, the Tigers aren't going to ask for anything less one to give it.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing it was George Lombard, Elmer Rodriguez and the third. That would be my guess because you can equate Elber to uh to Ryan River Ryan, and you can equate George Lombard probably more value than than the Zayer hope just because he plays shorts off. You're looking purely from a baseball standpoint, but that that would have been a competitive offer for Trek Schouble and the Yankee said no, So that would have So everybody knows that that's been reported. So you would think that Lombard's gonna get quite a long.
Speaker 2: Look, Jill, as far as they go in October, how was that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take a break and then come back and talk about mister Jackson.
Speaker 2: Job.
Speaker 1: You're looking for any negative Jackson job. He didn't have as good a swing and miss stuff as he's had in the past, but the velocity was there, the control was there. He looked really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One hit, one walk over, five hit, ninehundred point one. Yeah, I said, go get him. Don't be shy about partner with the good trinket of that fab you're gonna have to pay for. He might earn you that value in Rudy Graft leagues this year, Dynasty leagues. You got to be excited for what you saw in that first uh for sure. Yeah, and hey, there's gonna be he might have outings where he's going to struggle and he you know, they're going to watch the pitch count. They're not going to do anything stupid in Detroit. But man, you got to like what you saw after that first start.
Speaker 1: You really did what's the best pitch of the minor leagues two years ago? I mean, and he looked great when he got called up the Tigers first day around. It just it just sucked that he you know that he got hurt. There's no guarantee he's not going to get hurt again.
Speaker 2: But well, we used to talk about under Green. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, No, he's a talent. I agree, Richard.
Speaker 1: I spent a lot of time talking about George Lombard. Tim has talked a lot about it. So what about George Lombard Junior? I want to talk about him?
Speaker 2: No, No, we'll just talk about dad.
Speaker 1: Okay. Dad was a baseball player too, so and don't forget Jacob Lombard Junior was taken to the first round, the twentieth pick or whatever so by the Miami Marlins. So he's hit his first home run in the minor leagues as well. He's a little bit more toolsy than George so for you Dynasty league managers, but probably won't hit as much as George Lombard. So so there's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the same day, if I'm not mistaken or something like that.
Speaker 1: George got George got the call, hit his first arm run, and Jacob the brother hit up home run. So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is very cool. Yes, why did the parents like George more than not just kidding?
Speaker 1: George ring in the cash?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's the retirement ticket.
Speaker 1: So far, exactly. Wow, pit pitty brothers against one another kind of parents?
Speaker 2: Are we poor? But we had a lot of fun doing it.
Speaker 1: Laurie and I have the conversation all the time, who would we rather take care of us, our our loving daughter or our cut to the chase sons. So who wants to make the decision of pulling the plug?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know the direction I'd be hitting it.
Speaker 1: Exactly all right. Ben Laicuartey's love. I've always loved the Ben Laicuarty's he does. You just can't hit lefties with this big boy power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're looking, if you're looking for some home runs, he's already getting hit two in his first week up. Okay, Yeah, he can hit. He can. He can hit one or two home runs a week, even in a platoon situation. So again, if everybody's chasing the big names and leaving the little names alone, Orties could be a nice guy. If you're if you're looking for an extra five to ten home runs over the next six weeks, eitherk that's entirely possible, or am I being overly bullish?
Speaker 1: Just gonna be if he hits enough, I mean you know, I mean yeah, sure, he's a big eye, swings for the fences. I mean, you've ever seen the plays. He is a large man. It's not very athletic. Obviously he's playing first base, sorted off in the outfield, but obviously they moved moved in the first base. Saying I think he's gonna hit a lot of home runs. What else he does? I mean, I don't know, I don't I don't think much else. But that's that's just me. So he could be a Joe Hensky Noel who kind of comes up in his fifteen home runs in four weeks and then you'd never hear from him again. He could literally be that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, makes total sense.
Speaker 1: I hope he's not. I hope he does more than that. I think he's I think he's a better player than Joehnsky. Know, well, it doesn't strike out nearly as much. Augustine Ramirez, I'm glad you're reminded me of him. I have totally forgotten that he was out there playing again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. They send him to the miners the beginning of May, and it took that deadline deal for Liam Heggs to get him recalled. Yeah, the kid. You know, he did hit twenty one homerslus, he drove in sixty seven runs, he stole sixteen bases. I don't think we should forget those numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me was very good last season. I mean, what did he play over his head? I mean I don't know, probably a little. I think he was overdrafted this year. I think people got burned by him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, big, big, big time people got burned. Yeah, yeah, you look at you're looking at pretty close to a twenty twenty player. I don't know where he went, but I know I had I had no shares, I would have to venture. I guess he was probably seven eighth off the board catchers. Yeah, so yeah, people got burnt this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sprint speed of thirty last season he stole sixteen bases. That that that does not compute. It is huge bat speed, it is big exolocity. I think he's got and it doesn't have a leverage swing at all. So if he decides to add a little bit of angles to a swing, this guy could just be a massive home run here. I'm surprised he hasn't done that. His big problem is timmy catching blocks above average one percentile caught stealing above average one percentile pop time twenty eighth percent. He just sees a terrible catcher. That's his problem.
Speaker 2: He's a DH guy tier Tyler block anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well please, that's that's a sore subject. Don't bring him. I was disappointed he didn't get moved at the uh the doudlight.
Speaker 2: I was hoping he would get Yeah, he might be.
Speaker 1: Rule fived, you know at this December, I mean, what are they going to do with this guy?
Speaker 2: They're going to have to do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's completely blocked and there's better players that are on his heels now. I mean, he just does not have a chance.
Speaker 2: No, because those better players actually play a position and that counts. And that's that's the situation. We can see with August or Mires as well, couldn't we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what's tough, man. You know the same thing with like Jordan Lawler. You can't stay on the field and all these players are just passing you. It's like sitting on the freeway and you're broken down and everybody's passing you. And it's just that's what happens with these guys that don't have a defensive position or get hurt and they just they're just dead in the water. It's really sad.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, you're right, it is because the future is incredibly limited, incredibly.
Speaker 1: Your guy, Hector Rodriguez, I'm you've been talking about him for three weeks. He finally got a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they called the kid up. The only person who hit more home runs at Triple A at Triple A before the clump was Josh bay Is. I just hope the Reds give the kid a steady diet of the beats. Let's see what he's got heading into twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Retter are in trouble. It's a pretty lowsy minor league system, pretty lowsy major league team. Outside of led La Cruz and the first baseman I spent Spencer start. That's the Steart.
Speaker 2: No, no, Stuart, Oh, Stuart, Yes, Al Stewart. He's hundred. I think he's on pace for like one hundred and thirty RBIs and thirty plus. Wow, he's going to get some MVP votes if he keeps up what he's been doing over the final six seven weeks.
Speaker 1: Definitely rookie for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: But it's it's I don't know. I don't think. I don't think they have enough. Man, I just don't know. This pitching is just okay. And losing Hunter Green again, it's just that's that's a big loss. But let's see what. Uh, let's see did Rodriguez over three today?
Speaker 2: That's not encouraging.
Speaker 1: But so he's two for thirteen since getting the call. He never walks by the way, it just swings anything. Just so yeah, just everybody. Yeah, So if you're no base percentage league, take that into consideration.
Speaker 2: Agreed.
Speaker 1: Uh, Ronnie Simon, Yeah, oh I official Marcellus Soona has been released. That was that was kind of under the radar. It just kind of just happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just sort of happened. And spot opens up for Simon. And yeah, you look at his minor league numbers and eight home runs, he stole thirty two bases, decent plate coverage. So I just put Simon says, if you need stolen bases down the stretch, here's your opportunity. I played the old Simon says game.
Speaker 1: There you go. Josh Smith first base, second by third base, short stuff, outfield eligible bums, not eligible catcher bum No.
Speaker 2: I know slacker. Yeah, but you know, I had a big game Friday, and I think the Jays are going to give him a real serious to look. You know, he's he's been a double digit power speed guy and a very valuable super sub type. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still in Toronto next year. You know, they can, they can, they can utilize him, I think, and his super sub ule a lot better than some of the options. David Schneider, for instance, I think I think he carries a bit more weight, so I think days are going to give him a good look. And I said he had a big game Friday, so he's finally healthy and he's missed a pile of time this year. So let's you're looking for one person fits all as far as your roster eligible is concerned. Josh Smith, you'll do it for ten.
Speaker 1: Ten kind of guy, Yeah, plays everywhere. Yep, here's another guy that plays everywhere.
Speaker 4: Tim Tom Yeah, exactly, And all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he's been on a little bit of a teir ten for twenty seven to Homers five to RBIs even a stolen base over the past week.
Speaker 2: Nice little run. Toss that in with the roster flexibility and in deeper formats, I think he should be looking at owning a roster spot.
Speaker 1: It's a great list. I appreciate you. I know all of our listeners appreciate it. And again for those who are not Patreon members, you get it early if you're a Patreon member. If you're not, you have to wait for it. So it's another another reason to join us at the Patreon site. Soon as we get Ten's log in credentials right, we'll get him out there again. So he CanCERN talking everybody out on the Discord site. So I don't do you still have access to the Discord site.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good on the Discord site. It's just a Patreon site.
Speaker 1: Okay, well bizarre, Yeah, all right, Timmy, let's take a break. Everybody, buckle up. I know I've got my uh, I've got my notepad open because I'm going to be taking cope beous notes figuring out who I'm going to waste all my money on this weekend. Eric freaking Miller really pissed me off man that that I lost sleep over that I was I was upset. I rarely get upset about Fantasy Baseball. I just couldn't believe it. I'm like, come on, I just spent all this money on this guy.
Speaker 2: It's like, not again again.
Speaker 1: I just start the question what am I doing? Like why did I subject myself to this.
Speaker 2: Masochistic tendencies?
Speaker 1: Let's let's take a break, come back, and let's see what Tim is telling us to pick up this week. Ryan zeph John, I had him in a bunch of leaves where I gave up on him.
Speaker 2: I just don't little.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a It's a mess. It really is. Do any of us know what we're doing? Uh? I've been fortunate. I managed to nail quite a few guys over the years and that that have worked out. But I gotta be honest with you. You analyze that, you look at it. The ones you analyze like, yeah, Boston, okay, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna load up my team with Garrett Wdlock and then Boston goes on to care Okay. You just have so little control over so many things. You can spot and identify trends and skills that you like, but l U c K comes into play. It has to.
Speaker 1: That's it is. It's an impossible position. I I've admitted I'm not good at it. I just I don't have the touch. I know some people like yourself can see it and figure it all out. I just I overthink it. I think I got the best picture, and he's a sent the Grant Taylor I got, I got the I got him in a bunch of leagues, and he's got me like five saves or something like that. It's just like, come on, yeah, and then do you tell me he's being stretched out to be a start. He's pitching the six any one, any I just I just I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: You know who was getting opportunities Hogan, Hogan, Harris up to ten.
Speaker 2: I picked him up again, Okay, in a couple of leagues, so yeah, I just ran out of patient and now he's getting opportunities. So I have I I honestly thought at one point in time the A's would start to play better. Okay, Well Kurts being oh doesn't help. And definitely, yeah, definitely the A's. They got a terrible bullpen. They just didn't move to improve it. So by default, Harris is the guy that he cares.
Speaker 1: He's got a pretty good arm.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Back to that lineup, you know, it's a little like Judge. Nick Kurtz is a little bit like Aaron Judge. I mean, you take him out of that lineup like you do Judge, and you look at it and you go, not a lot there.
Speaker 2: Mm you've always been getting playing time there. And I almost listed him is Lawrence Butler he was the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know, but he's not that good. I have sat him on my bench in one league. I've got him and I haven't played him in weeks, if not months, and I'm afraid to drop him because of what he did last season. But I don't know, man, I don't know. I don't think he's not good.
Speaker 2: No, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's get the closer report here first. Guys, a lot I'm all in on, but I don't know what the heck I'm talking about, So don't listen to me. That's your Fannie Cruz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm all in on him right now in Dynasty keeper format. Yeah, yeah, you take a look at Washington. Okay, Clayton Beater is not the answer at least. I don't believe he is long term. But he's been on and off and he might be getting saves right now, but I don't think long term is the answer. If you're playing in a Dynasty keeper type format and you have any cruise is sitting out there, it's under miles an hour, and the gun hasn't a clue where the ball is going. He's going to be a bullpen arm forever and ever. And I think with a break or two either way, he intrigues me from a dynasty point of view. If you got room in your miners. Yeah, take a look at Cruise.
Speaker 1: I think he doesn't does have great control, but I think he has enough control when you marry that together with his slider and fastball. That that's what gets me excited about it. And I agree with you. I think he's the best arm in that in that bullpen. I think it's just a matter of time before he gets a real shot.
Speaker 2: I agree. That's why I wanted to bring him up today.
Speaker 1: Next guy is your book. This took a lot of internal fortitude, and I appreciate that we all do. Tim buried the hatchet at least for a week and put Jeff Hoffman now.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know what, He's moved to Minnesota. Okay, And now the initial I'm not going to say everybody in the industry, but a lot of people believe that Hofflin was going to move into the closure role in Minnesota, and I took the opposite sort of position. I looked at it and said, Gomanz has been pitching really really well. Okay, maybe Hoffman, we'll get save opportunities, but why would they take Gomanz out of the role And he's been pitching as good as he has Okay, I think Hoffin is going to get some safe chances. I think Gomez is their closer. I don't think Hoffin unless Gomez falters. I don't think Hoppin's gonna take the job away from them. But if you're looking for holds and you're looking for the occasional save, I think Jeff Hoffin is gonna deliver in that direction. I think getting out of Toronto was probably a very good thing for Jeff Bofin.
Speaker 1: Tim told us to pick up Sam Bachman last week. Sam Bachman is hurt. Right, Zephyr John has moved. We turn our attention to somebody named Sammy.
Speaker 2: The Terra slamming Sammy and he's a picture that doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Well, there's waving his handgun. What about me?
Speaker 2: Well, and that's right now. With Zephyr John gone, it looks like a two horse race, okay, between the Taro and off injured veteran Ben Joyce to Yeah, he does. I got to give the nudge and Taro. I think he's got a couple of saves this week. He's got a nice effective fastball slider combination. And based on what we've seen from Ben Joyce over the past couple of years. He might have the better stuff, he might be the better pitcher, but Ben Joyce hasn't been able to stay healthy. And until we can see some sustained health from Joyce, I'm gonna look at other options. And right now in the Tarrot's a guy.
Speaker 1: Plus, the Angels have such a bad team. He wonder how many opportunities there's going to be out there. But I mean, you got a roster somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, and the thing is they might be better next year. You know, you're not a whole lot, but he might get he might.
Speaker 1: Get ten twe I think I've asked that before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, but you know he's working with ten to twelve wins maybe over the next six weeks. Right next year breaking camp, Okay, he's going to be looking at sixty wins. It's a bigger number. I like him in Dynasty. I like him in Dynasty leagues. I would I crossed him simply for that reason.
Speaker 1: There's no reason for the Angels, as bad as they are, to go out and sign a free agent who's a closer. But that's never stopping from doing stupid stuff. Before Tim's fall in on Dylan Smith. He's a guy there so in San Francisco. Anything else to say about him?
Speaker 2: No, Uh, the guy that should be there is in Boston. And yes, I'm I'm bitter too, Okay. I I don't know if I had as many shares of Eric Miller as you did, but well.
Speaker 1: I just had me. I mean my problem is, so I play in uh ten dynasty leagues, and I'm going to say, in five of them, I've got plenty of closers. The other five is one league that I got a pretty good team. I have no closers and we do have whole in that league.
Speaker 2: And I just I've.
Speaker 1: Guessed wrong every time. I just have guessed wrong, and I I'm desperate for I got Hogan Harrison there so, hey look at me, But I've guessed wrong every time I've That league has just been cursed. I just cannot get the right guy.
Speaker 2: It's just not working out for Ye that's Eric Miller.
Speaker 1: Got Eric Miller?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, Luke Weaver, I think this is the guy to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're I, I would have to think that he's going to own the closer gig for the balance of this year and into next year. Okay, he's got a solidarity. He's a good pitcher. He's been around h the Pirates. I would be shocked if he's not their closer entering. Yeah, he is, by far on this list of a player. He is by far the aaphist best bet to generate what we're looking for out of a closer. And you'll pay for him too, You'll pay for him.
Speaker 1: I like Ryan because I like the next guy to Ryan Zephyr John's arm. It's every bit as good of arm as a Eric Miller. They're both. Yeah. Well, and he's in a better he's in a better space to get some closed opportunity save opportunities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. Hey, you all you have to do is go to stad cast look at the numbers. It speaks very highly of Ryan Zephyr John. Uh. The Cobs have been waiting forever for Plenty to get back and to return from the I l And apparently he's out on a rehab right now or he's heading into a rehab. But I I don't feel confident at all that Daniel Palencia will pitch the balance of the year. I think if he does, excuse me, and he's effective, I think he's a closer, But I don't I just don't think it's gonna happen. I think it's going to be a combination of Zephyr John and is it Web. I believe so at twelve percent rostered on Zephyr John, I have to believe that we're going to see some saves out of him over the next six weeks. So again, he would be one you could look at where yeah there's some risk, but unless you've got the biggest wallet, you ain't getting Luke Weaver.
Speaker 1: I was at yeah, for sure, a little disappointed. I totally understand that Jeffrey Jon Jeffrey Yon did not make your list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see what I think it was? Jose Ramirez? Did you see what he did? No? No, he did the yawn move at first base after getting a hit. I thought it was sort of cute.
Speaker 1: Oh that's kind of funny. Look, I don't know if it's going to play. I don't know if it's going to play in the major leagues. Probably somebody probably truld to go run up, run up, back up the middle with a with a hit for him. But I've seen a pitch a lot in the minor leagues and it's fun to me. I mean, yeah, I like literally sit up in my seat when he comes in because it's like he's he's very athletic, and the little splits he does when he strikes out a guy, it's it's very Savannah Banana. It's it's fun. And again, I got a manual league you.
Speaker 2: Can't have you can't play baseball and have fun. It's a rule rich you gotta scowl and spit you in tobacco and everybody no.
Speaker 1: And he's out there having fun. But you know, you know, these stiff major league guys are going to be all pissy at him. And it's fun. I mean, at least it wasn't the minor leagues. People would like, they would laugh and they would point it was it was cool, like I you know, people didn't do that, and he looked like he was having fun. There was one hundred miles an hour. So he's got some pretty good stuff too.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, no, he's got some good stuff. And yeah he's he could end up making my closer report before the end of the year. Did you you know it's also you know when you're you know s different, right Jeff McNeil bundt in a close game, and I can't remember who was a Kenley Jensen. Somebody had a little hissy fit. You know what, if you're going to give a player first base, you're gonna be that lazy. You're gonna give him first base? He deserves to take it. I don't That is one unwritten quotation marks around unwritten rule that I just have no use for. If I don't care, if you're throwing a no hitter and you're up one nothing, I'd be telling you, but do what you have to do. Get on base. You can't score from home plate. And I think it was Kenley Jensen that had a little bit of a fit. But I agree with what McNeil did. Get on base. What you're supposed to do trying to win the game, right, Yeah, people.
Speaker 1: Just say me, this is not these unwritten rules that we don't understand because we're not in the clubhouse. But I think I would guess that major league baseball players are going to have a problem with Jeffrey jan But I hope that he continues to do it. I think fans are gonna love it. And that's what we got. We need more of that, and we just absolutely need more of that in baseball.
Speaker 2: Hey, what did the fans think of Mark Fidrick and all his antics. They loved it, they loved every minute of it. Yeah, and if al Habroski when he was throwing as the mad Hungarian, they loved him. He was crazy as a loon. But I mean, yeah, added something.
Speaker 1: Yep, shame about Mark Frederick. If they would have had Tommy John surgery back then, he would have. He could have been really special, but blew at his elbow and no one knew what to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is nothing back then you could do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Tommy John he had a surgery in seventy four, so it was saul so brand new, so it just just wasn't there yet. So it's an interesting, interesting historical tidbit. Tell me a sake, our final break, get back, and let's try to wrap this thing up.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, all right?
Speaker 1: Tell me we've had fun, made fun of, not made fun, not there. We've talked about Moyses Bello STEREO's budgets. We've talked about ben joyced one hundred and five miles an hour. We've talked about guys jumping up in mid air after they pitch. Who am I going to pick up this weekend? I want you to give me the guy that you're drilling down on from the waiver wire and the guy you're drilling down on from the closer report.
Speaker 2: Well, I got no money, Okay, I've already picked up That's right, it is August. I forgot said that in May. Richards been running too. But I'm gonna I'm gonna probably look at Ronnie Simon. I've already picked him up in the league that has fab last night, okay, and uh, I managed to get Ronnie Simon on a relatively low bid. So I'm gonna be looking at the Ronnie Simons Andrew Alvarez types of the world for positional players a closer report for the most part, I'm I'm good on saves, okay. So I'm I'm not looking at a situation where I have to spend on saves right now. Okay. So I'm probably going to be focusing on the Dylan Smiths and Yovanni Kruz types, especially in my Dynasty leagues, Guys that I can dash away just to see. I don't know. I look at Washington and I don't think Clayton Beader. I don't think he's the answer long term there, right I have a gut feeling that that you have any cruise with triple digit high heat. I like cruise a lot. I'm not guaranteeing he's gonna succeed, not by any stretch of the imagination, but he's really the type of guy, and the circumstances in Washington sort of dictate to me he's he's of interest big time.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's you personally. So let's now step out of te McLoud personally. If there's no object, I everybody on your waiver wire is available, and I've got plenty of cash going after.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm probably going after Jackson Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the right move. I agree.
Speaker 2: Starting pitching is getting tough to find after what we saw in that in that first start. Yeah, that looked awful. Good. Uh, you know there are who's to say that the Savvy doesn't produce both Culpepper and Lomberg over the next six weeks. You can't rule it, oh, Ken, you can't say it's a definitive no, he's not going to do it. Who's to say that Ronnie Simon isn't isn't a lot better than Hector Rodriguez or Josh Biaz. You know, so when you get when you get to looking at where you're going to spend your money, spend it. Spend that capital in a spot where you're not going to have that many options to spend it on. Moving forward and pitching it. Pitching would be it for me. Let's go back as far as sorry and Luke Luke Weaver in the b.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, let's go back on the way back machine, shall we. Okay, but going back to vintage or twenty twenty four, I believe I got it right. The Detroit Tigers were nowhere at the trade deadline and they traded off Jake Flaherty, Jack Clarity, j Jack Clarity to the Dodgers. If you recall remember that, I.
Speaker 2: Not specifically, I know they moved them. Yeah, they moved up.
Speaker 1: And Detroit went on a roll after that, and they made the playoffs. Scooble was the man, and they went pretty far in that playoffs before backing off. In twenty twenty five, Detroit's only two games out, two games out of a wild card. They're plus eighty five on the run differential, which is catch just everybody the best in the American League just one game better. One run better than the Red Sox and three runs better than the Yankees, And all of a sudden, they get Max Clark up. Ken mcgonaga's almost got a year under his belt from from being a rookie. Turklesen can't be as bad as what he's shown this season. And also you get Jackson job up with Schrey Moulntain, who looks really, really good. You know, it would be really cool if somehow the Detroit Tigers snuck in and repeat it that twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're only three and a half games back. They're tied in the loss department with Minnesota and Cleveland. Quarter back of the White Sox. They look at their.
Speaker 1: Two games back, two games back in the waft guard. That's that's what MLB is showing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two games out in.
Speaker 1: Lost Colton to Texas, Texas about to lose today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh and and you know, yeah, you go to the West and you got Houston two games over five hundred, Texas one game over all, sitting with all sitting with fifty eight losses. Yeah. Is there a possibility that nobody gets in from the aos? Maybe nobody should.
Speaker 1: Oh, somebody's got to, Yes, But yeah, yeah, yeah, but you know what I'm saying, absolute Yeah, you could you could have it.
Speaker 2: You could have a team with a worse with a better record not making the playoffs than the winner of the AL West. Yeah, it's it's entirely Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the Yankees and Red Sox are well above the Houston Astros and the Chicago White Sox, uh in terms of runs in Minnesota Twins are only two games behind the White Sox believe it or not, so they're they're not out of it either, which is, you know, all kind of interesting when you think of Kilek Calin Culpepper and calling him up, and I mean, losing Joe Ryan does not help at all the Minnesota Twins fortune. And so but I I kind of keep looking at this Detroit Tiger team and seeing what Jackson job did, and I mean he's not Trek Scooble, not by any stretch of the imagination. But man, if he can just get on a runner at the end of the that could make a huge difference. That can make a huge difference for that team and a huge difference for people grabbing him the last couple of weeks listening to you, because this is not the first time you've had him on the waiver war pick him up this week. It can make a huge difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, when I look at the stand current standings, the team that bums me out the most, I think it's it's number one on my list is the Seattle Mariners. There's six games under five hundred, and you look at that pitch, they should be a They should be a far better team than six games under five hundred.
Speaker 1: But a couple of weeks ago I brought up with that great pitching and he go, is it really that good? And then you broke it down. They got famous guys who in the past have been really good, but they're not. They have been great this season.
Speaker 2: No, And the the offense is such that they need great. Yeah, they need to win two to one games, three to two games, et cetera. And yeah, that's I just find it very, very disheartening when I look at Seattle, because I think that team should be a lot better. If I was a GM, if I'm brunning that, I'd be concerned about my future. I really would. It's that team should not be six games under five hundred, at least not in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I agree now, I know he's been hurt a lot, but he still has played in eighty four games. Kyle Riley has twelve hound runs after Timmy get this hitting sixty last season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a difference of forty eight. It's a big number.
Speaker 1: TEP ten majored in accounting. Yes, it's good with the numbers.
Speaker 2: Figuratively speaking, I am yes.
Speaker 1: So, I mean if you when you combine the lack of production that they've gotten out of the catching decision because of Kyle Riley's injury, and then just I don't know if he's still hurt, but he's striking out thirty two the third of the time he's striking out. I mean, I think we all expected he wasn't going to repeat sixty, but I don't think anybody's had less than twenty on their books for this season. That's what he's going to do.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not at all. And you start, you know, hey, you can live with a low batting average and striking over the third of the time when you hit forty home runs. When you don't hit forty forty or more. Yeah, once you get into the no, you that does not make it. That does not make a major league bad? Does it a twenty home home run bad? With a thirty five percent strikeout? Right? Oops, I ain't working well, it's tough.
Speaker 1: What is on base percentage? Just two seventy it's he's bet in one sixty three with a two seventy. I mean, that's tough. That's why he's batt eighth in the lineup.
Speaker 2: That would be correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just I mean, and then he combined it together with the pitching that's just been okay. It's yeah, I agree. I think it's a yuck season for sure. And you would think heads would roll at some point in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody, somebody should pay for a wom would think.
Speaker 1: Yep, Timmy. We went back on Friday. I promise. We took off of Friday just because we had a long show earlier than the week and I just didn't want to take Temple away again. But we're gonna be back with Friday, and it's getting towards the end of the season. Lots of focus on the playoffs like we've just been chatting about, and focus on trying to bring championships home for a fantasy managers that listen to us. And then we're back next Sunday. So we got a couple few more weeks, I mean for the season is there. We're going to be at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be a fun time and looking looking forwards is solving all of the baseball challenges of the world. Rich and hopefully you get your bullpen guy this week.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm going to get a bullpen guys. No telling if he's going to be the closer or even a decent It's just the way it goes. I will get guys. I'm sure they will stink like. That's where my headspace is at the moment. I have no confidence in my ability to get the right guy.
Speaker 2: I just Daniel nail one or two in the next to the next three four weeks, and life will all be back to being good again. Right No, I.
Speaker 1: Now, I now, Louis Varland. I mean, I mean, I mean, I've done the scattershot approach. It's yielded me definitely some results, but it's yielded me as many just frustrations of just throwing my fab away for nothing. And I bet you I have spent in many of these leagues sixty seventy percent of my fab budget on closers for trying to find closers. And that's what's really frustrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did a survey. It's got to be at least five, maybe even longer five years ago and looking at I think I looked at tout okay, and I looked at the amount of money that was spent on fab over the course of a season on the bullpen component of the game because I was I was using it as an argument for looking at including holes along with saves, and I believe the number was close to fifty percent of the fab that was spent over the course of the year was dedicated to chasing saves. That's that's insane.
Speaker 1: It is no, that's I'd be I'd be fit. I'd fit perfectly into that leak. That would be be Yeah.
Speaker 2: The ten percent of your counting categories are are are sucking fifty percent of the fab out of the system. That doesn't make sense at all logically, it really does.
Speaker 1: I agree, and to me and maybe it's just me, it's sucking more than fifty percent of my my think time, my mind space when I'm supposed to be analyzing my team and figuring out what are the right guys to put in and looking at closely at pitching, and like, I've got seven starters I could put in, which are the five best to put in? Because I'm now an I don't have time because I'm trying to figure out which stupid closer that I'm not gonna get or he's gonna stink.
Speaker 2: But it's so frustrating. Yeah, that the time management equation. Don't use it rich No.
Speaker 1: No, I mean at some point you do run out of time. I mean there is a yah so much time you can dedicate to this, And when it's spending all your time running in circles, which is what I'm doing, running trying to find a freaking closer, it's just ridiculous. It's just I just wish I knew. I wish I knew what I was doing. I just wish I did. I know people are listening to us because we're supposed to know. I know some stuff. I don't know anything about closers.
Speaker 2: Well, you just gotta tart and be fortunate enough to toss the right dart at the right time and all things. Hey, you look at all the logic, Like I looked at Miller and I said, no, there's no way the car, there's no way the Giants are moving Miller, he's a safe bet. I had him, I think in four or five leagues, and then all of a sudden, yeah, Boston, who has a loaded bullpen picked them up, and yeah, no, it's I agree.
Speaker 1: It is disheartening well that the two leagues I play in that are one year leagues. I dressed. I drafted to Edwin Diaz. They could look at me. I'm just gonna lock it down, screwing on a tick, got hurt most of the season. And my second guy was uh was Santana from Pittsburgh. It's pretty good. I think, Okay, that's that's not a bad second guy. And I like free saves and dfaid, so yeah and gone it is gone, Like all right, well that didn't work so well.
Speaker 2: Hopefully better days ahead for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, Timmy, let's take a let's let's a wrap, my friend. We will see you on Friday.
Speaker 2: Be safe, be well, and good luck to everybody this evening. Chasing down those opportunities. There's some good ones this week. Don't be shy about spending some cash. Catch you Friday. Rich