Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers six and O Tos Darth this season. After a win over the Atlanta Braves and the series opener last night, the Dodgers still undefeated, and tonight they look to make it seven in a row as Dustin May takes the mound for the first time in a long time. As the Dodgers and Braves get ready to go out at first pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this game two pitching matchup. David Vessey, we'll check in. We got your Dodgers Magical moment. I've got your price picks, double play of the Day. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Kalpumotors broadcast with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night at the Ravine Glass now was really good. Five shutout inning, scattered just two hits along the way, struck out eight seventy nine pitches before turning it over to the Dodgers' bullpen, who did their thing. The Dodgers offense, yep, they did their thing. In the first inning, tay Oscar Hernandez got the offense going.
Speaker 3: Here's the pitch.
Speaker 4: Ty Oscar hits it high in the ear deep center field, carrying back toward the wall and gone into the netting below.
Speaker 1: The batter's side.
Speaker 4: Tayot's off then gift the Dodgers in early two nothing lead.
Speaker 2: That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Tay Oscar Hernandez with the two run home run off Grant Holmes in the first and the Dodgers jumped out to the early two nothing late and then the third got some base runners on for the newest Dodger, Michael Confordo.
Speaker 4: Left Tanny Confordo calm and cool in the batner's box waiting for this two to zero pitch, the sixtieth of the night for Holmes. Plordo charges up left center field. This will get off the top of the wall, a laser for Michael Conforto, Mookie scores, ta Oscar held up at third and RBI double for Michael Confordo, and it's now free and up the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Michael Confordo with one off the wall, bringing in Mookie Betts, Dodgers a three to nothing lead. Then Tommy Edmund a sack fly scoring ta Oscar Hernandez, and the Dodgers were up four to nothing. They weren't done. In the fifth Will Smith with a single descenter of that scored te Oscar and the Dodgers were up five to nothing. Then in the sixth inning, keithk Hernandez with a deep four hundred and twelve foot home run into the pavilion in left field. Last night as the hit, Hernandez brothers Keith K and tay Oscar both go deep last night, the Dodgers go on and beat the Braves six to one. Ta Oscar Hernandez drives in a pair RBIs for Key K, Tommy Edmund, Will Smith, Michael Confordo. The Dodgers line up getting a don showy Otani didn't have a hit, but on base twice with a couple of walks. Mookie Betts had a hit last night in the game. The Dodgers win again as Tyler Glass now gets to the w He's now one to oh on this season. The Dodgers bullpen pitch well despite giving up just a run in the eighth inning, as the Dodgers improved to six and zero on this season, and tonight's they're back at it, game two of this three game set against the Atlanta Braves. Dustin May on the mound code read for the Dodgers with more. We head out to the gallupin Motors Broadcast booth as we say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Thank you Tim. The Dodgers have started six and zero. That matches the best start in La Dodger history. Rick Monday's club in nineteen eighty one did it, and tonight they have a chance to match the nineteen thirty three Yankees by the best start by defending champion Mode. And I think what is most noteworthy to me in this six and oh start is that this team really hasn't fired on all cylinders yet, but they have found a way in every game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you can even accentuate that war by saying the opposing teams have not come even close though firing on half of the cylinders. And I mentioned that because doing some math early this morning, the Dodgers, for example, when they'd had runners in scoring position so far and being six and zero, have hit three hundred. The opposing teams if you look at the Coms and Detroit Tigers, and then last night too with the Atlanta Braves, collectively, they're six for fifty two. That's only a one fifteen batting average. Again, so I mean that it has not done. But there's a couple of reasons for that. The dodge of pitching has been absolutely marvelous, in particular out of the bullpen, and the dodge is what they have done has gotten very timely hints, but you can't knock in runs that are not on base. They're getting on base and they're not expanding the strength zone. The reason I say that is that they're facing a guy tonight in Chris Sale, a very tough left handed He has a very high percentage of chase rate. So the Dodgers have to be selective tonight and not chase and go fishing.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers haven't seen Sale at Dodgers Stadium since the ninth inning of Game five to the twenty eighteen World Series when he was with the Boston Red Sox. Now he's the rating National League Say Young Award winner. But to your point about the Dodger offense, last night, they showed just how difficult and pesky they are. I mean, seven of the nine hits they had in the game came with two strikes. Eleven two strike base runners. So this is just and we're talking about not firing on all similars. They haven't even been running on all sooners. We've seen Mookie Betts for three games. Freddy Freeman was out again last night. He is going to be out again to start tonight. He's still day to day. Dave Roberts said before tonight's contest he is hopeful to have Freddie back in there for the series finale against Atlanta. Key k Hernandezmit it's time with that stomach bug too. So all in all, it is just illustrated and underscored how deep this team is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when they walked six times and they also struck out only six times, so they're getting on base and they're basically putting the ball into play, you have a chance to it to get base hits. If you put in a play. You know what's really been overlooked. The Dodgers defensively have also been right on the money too, and that kind of gets overlooked. Their cutoffs and relays, awareness of what's happening on the field. Don't discount that defense because it'll get you out a lot of jams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're catching the ball, they're throwing the ball to doing a lot of the little things well, which great teams do. And the Dodgers, of course, the defending and reigning World Series champions, they know.
Speaker 3: They are just that.
Speaker 4: They have also hit fourteen home runs this season, at least two home runs in five straight games. It's gonna be tough to keep that streak alive against the Cy Young Award winner Chris Sale, who is gonna be opposite Dustin May. Can't wait to dive into the this pitching matchup. Tim will do that with Mo the next time we chat.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza Chicking and Mojo's right now shakeys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave roberts Well. Check in with David Baz. Say we got tonight's pitching matchup. Breakdown your prize double play of the day that's coming up in about thirty minutes. Up next, you know Tani Re Ryan and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Braves on this Tuesday night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Nowork, It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 3: On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and the Braves. Dustin May, Chris Sail the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 4: Rewide, but entering this series, he's really not expanding too much. He's on first, he takes off for second. The pitch Tabooki's in the dirt. The throw is not gonna matter. Another stolen base for Sho Hey Otani, he gets into scoring position here in the sixth.
Speaker 2: Shoey Otani can do it all. Didn't have a hit last night, but scored a run as he walked twice. Stolen based number two already on this season for Shure.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirston now joins us. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids Now friendly agents standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with a K to donate your car. Freddie Freeman had a mishap in the shower over the weekend and not in the lineup again tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not in the lineup. They're hoping he was going to be back out there, but as you mentioned, he slipped in the shower on Sunday morning, and he when he spoke to the media today he explained just kind of how everything happened. He actually was kind of using one of the guest rooms in his home because they were dealing with a leak in their master bathroom and it's a bathtub, so how he stepped in, he kind of just lost his footing and it happened to be on that ankle that is surgically repaired, and so he ended up tweaking it. He immediately came in for treatment, and as much as you know, this is an ankle as we've talked about to have surgery this offseason, was able to get back still undergoing treatment. Had pretty much gotten to like his treatment scheduled down to like fifty minutes, but now it's brought back up to about three hours, so it's something that it's going to take a little bit more time. He did have an X ray it was clear no bone tips or anything like that, so that's a really good sign. He's able to get through a full workout today, So the hope is that maybe he'll be in the lineup tomorrow. But there's also the thought of, Okay, they're about to travel across the country and play in Philly and then DC where it is chili and rainy at the moment, so it might make sense to give him the additional day off for that travel.
Speaker 2: But we'll see.
Speaker 5: So he wants to be back out there, as we all know, and we'll kind of see how things play out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Speaking of being back out there, Dustin may back out there for the first time in a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the first time in a long time. And he is someone who it's been a very challenging few years for him, whether it was the tendon surgery then the extreme scare with esophagus surgery and life threatening and you realize, you know, this game in the in this career, you can't take it for granted. So he comes into this one with a different mindset, a different just a maturity and understanding about who he is as a man. So this one, he's been very adamant and very transparent with us that this is going to be an emotional day for him, for his family. Uh, and it's going to be a special one. So I think we're going to see that from him on the mound. We're going to see some of those emotions are going to see I hope we see the excitement in the gratitude at the end of his outing. I think we will. He's of course, of competitor, so I'll say that as well. But everyone I know, they've talked about him, is the stuff looks really good and they're just excited for him to be back out on a big league mound in a big league game. Because it'll be special.
Speaker 2: It will be special. Hopefully you can follow in the footsteps. So what the other starters have done so far the first six games, scaristn. We appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game. Still they come here on Wrongo because you know, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pinching matchup, David Beatt saying, we'll join us. We'll get you an inward jury report, we'll get you the price picks double play of the day. But up next we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. The Dodgers and Braves. First pitch is seven ten. I'm Tim Keats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday night, as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Braves on this CHILEI evening, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, a grand slam for good times. Dustin May, Chris Sale. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the La Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Eleven star pitchers on the il to start the season for the Dodgers, including Evan Phillips, Michael Kopek, Clayton Kershaw, Michael Grove, Bruis, Dar graderol and Tony Ganz, who is back is feeling better and continuing to throw. Clayton Kershaw throwing as well, So that is certainly trending in the right direction for the future of Hall of Famer. Freddy Freeman, not in the lineup again, says he feels a lot better. Got treatment on that right ankle that he slipped in the shower tub on Sunday morning. Let's up find out more as you check out the Dodgers get burned. Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: This is going to be a special and I think that it's been a nice progression for Dustin with spring training than to pitch in the Freeway Series, be able to pitch in a big league stadium, and now now ultimately pitching in a big league stadium in a meaningful game. So I think that this is sort of the final hurdle for him on the I think on the emotional side, so I know he's fired up. Our first four guys have made their starts and this is his debut for twenty five and expecting to be amped up in.
Speaker 1: Time and matter points. So your reflect on him a few years ago to who he has amped the meaner on the mound?
Speaker 5: What stands out to you the growth and especially coming onto that sad he's scared.
Speaker 6: I think perspective is a word that comes to mind, in the sense that he's had some injuries that he's had to deal with, so it's kind of really made him appreciate being able to take them out being active in the big leagues. I think that early on there was a lot of youthful enthusiasm emotion. I think now that he's understanding how to channel it better, how to conserve energy into his starts. So I think that's certainly growth. But yeah, I think that it's just like all things. As you get experience different experiences, you kind of have a different perspective on things.
Speaker 7: He started the growth for the fuse that are hopefully to talk to much stressure with so straight start figure.
Speaker 4: Will work with us.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, he needs it, he needs it, and so yeah, obviously he looks great. He's throwing the baseball well, but for any pitcher, but certainly a guy that's missed a lot of time just to kind of be able to make consistent starts and to get some type of momentum, that's something we just really haven't had, or Dustin hasn't had in quite some time.
Speaker 2: Good to have Dustin May back on the mount. He was off to a great start a couple of years ago, but hurt his arm after nine outings and was pitching well, and then of course had the throat injury last year. Was able to come back from that and the arm injury, but miss all of twenty twenty four, and here he is started twenty twenty five, hopefully a big season for Code Read Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check out with David Vase. Get the latest is we're leading. You have to first pitch on this Tuesday Night Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim Katson's is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Ma Wrongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves on this Tuesday night, as the home stay continues. Just to make Chris Sale. The pitching matchup coming up will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We got your prize picks double Play of the Day coming up as well. Stephen and Rick Love the Keys of the Game for s Pitch of seven.
Speaker 1: Ten joining Tim cats On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV the shower at the tub give you a dangerous spot, and they got Freddie Freeman. But thankfully he's on the men.
Speaker 8: Not an ideal situation, Tim, but Freddie Freeman has a good sense of humor about things. Because the right ankle was not set back too far. Obviously not ideal, but it could have been a lot worse. We had a chance to catch up with Freddie Freeman earlier today.
Speaker 7: You know, you slipping bathtub showers all the time, and when you're healthy, you just catch yourself. And when you're not, when you got a little surgically repaired ankle. It's it just it mostly. I think it just flared. Everything kind of back up, and I was a little sore and sore on the inside still, but I'm feeling much better. So yesterday was a good day. I treated like from when I got here Sunday morning around eleven fifteen, because I came immediately. I called Thomas. I was like, all hands on deck.
Speaker 1: I just fell.
Speaker 7: And by the time I left daughter Stadium on Sunday afternoon around two, I could drive home like Chelsea drove me to the field Sunday morning, and then I was able to drive home, so big that was a big progress, big relief. Really, I've had an X ray. There's no little chips or anything like that.
Speaker 8: Good news for the Dodgers, and they're all Star and World Series MVP. One thing to just clarify, you heard Freddy Freeman talk about Sunday morning coming to Dodger Stadium. That makes a lot more sense than what we heard yesterday from Dave Roberts, where he said Freddy slipped and fell in the shower on Saturday night. The Dodgers played a game on Saturday night. That would have meant Freddie Freeman was taking two showers after the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he's a guy likes his hygiene. David is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like. His choices Fine yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric. Tough. This mark can only be called F one fifty. Dustin May a tough guy, and he's worked his way back from a couple of incidents and injuries.
Speaker 8: A lot of family and friends here at Dodgers Stadium tim for Dustin May to make his first major league start since May of twenty twenty three. He was already feeling those emotions when he pitched during the Freeway Series in Anaheims.
Speaker 9: I feel like there's gonna be a lot more emotions for me because of all the time that I've had to think about it. When I first got called up for my debut, I mean it was like a four day thing, so it was like kind of right on it. But for this, I mean, I've been I was waiting for I don't know, thirteen months, and then the esophagus thing happened, and then that changed my perspective on a lot of things in life. And it's gonna it's I'm excited, just gonna put it that way, I'm excited.
Speaker 8: A big night for Dustin May, looking to help the Dodgers improve. Their record is seven and zero, but obviously for him a very personal gratifying moment, even taking the mountain night at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: Dam of the Dodgers have a lot of superstars and all stars on their team and on that lineup every single night. Will Smith kind of one of those forgotten guys, if you will. But what a start he's having.
Speaker 8: Yeah, really an unbelievable start for Will Smith. And it goes back to the Tokyo Series in Japan where he was on base virtually every time at the plate. He's six for fourteen to start the year. Last night he had two hits with two strikes on him, including an RBI base hit to score te Oscar Hernandez in the fifth thinning last night.
Speaker 1: Not to mention, he has.
Speaker 8: Six walks to start the season in his first twenty plate appearances. He's picked up where he left off in the first half of last year. And don't forget the majority of the season he was dealing with a right ankle bone bruise that he never mentioned that anybody, even on the staff outside of the training staff and just continue to play through it. So Will Smith certainly a guy that you want to have on your side.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. DV appreciate well. Check back in with you just a little bit. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, will dive deeper into this great pitching match. Jump with David alluding to Dustin May making his long away to return to the mound. Went up next your Dodgers' magical moment. It's a Dodgers and the Braves first pitch as seven to ten. I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of lat Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Brains dustn't make Chris Salor bitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seventeen. I do not a ball day without a hot dog.
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot co It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to twenty thirteen on this day, April first, no fooling Dodgers taking on the Giants opening day at Dodger Stadium. Clayton Kershaw just did it all himself.
Speaker 3: Show today it is oh for two.
Speaker 4: I struck out twice and on the first pitch a fly ball to center field.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's way back. It's on a twy.
Speaker 3: It's gone.
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershaw with the home run.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers take the one to nothing.
Speaker 4: Lead, over the wall and straight away center field. Kershaw Kershaw's first career home run.
Speaker 2: Layton Kershaw goes deep on that April first, twenty thirteen against the Giants, also tossed a complete game shutout as the Dodgers beat the hated Giants four to nothing. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey Hot Talks offfy So Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfee Hot Talks Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from Rick Monday and we'll get you your prize picks. Double Play of the Day leading up to Dodgers and Braves. I'm Tim Katson's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braves. Doesn't make Chris sail. The pitching match up, first pitch coming up at seven to ten time. Now for your Prize picks double play the day.
Speaker 4: Got him with the two for one hard shot to third droves the second on the first double.
Speaker 3: What double tolls trees?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join the more than ten million members playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the Prize Picks app. It's free, and when you do, use the code go Blue. Go blue to get fifty dollars instantly. After you play your first five dollars lineup, you pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one thousand times your cash. It's strikeouts, RBI's hits, first hitting runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks and use the code go Blue. Here are my two picks for tonight. Dustin may back on the mound, more or less four strikeouts. Code Redd his back. He's gonna be dealing more than four strikeouts. How about Mookie Betts more or less a half a hit? Come on, Mookie Bets is gonna get after Chris Sale and then that Braves Bullpen. He's gonna get at least a hit, right, So I say more than a half a hit for Mookie Betts. Don't forget use the code go blue when you sign up at Prize Picks. Run your game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broad and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Rick, the Dodgers' offense did not need any torpedo bats last night to score six runs. That seems to be the topic of conversation every single corner of Major League base.
Speaker 3: It is, and I was reading about it again today and there's a lot of people that have a misconception. First of all, it's not an illegal bat. And if you look at the rule book, it's rule three point zero two, and three point zero two says basically, the wood has to be the bat has to be made of one piece of wood. It cannot be laminated, and it cannot be more than two point six to one inches in diameter at any point on the bat. It can also not be more than forty two inches in length. Well, this bat that they're talking about falls under the category of rule three point zero two. I happen to have a different thought on this thing. I'm not saying it's totally a mental placebo, but I don't think it's far from it. And here's one Volpi is the New York Yankees hitter that they talked about to begin with, and this physicist came up with an idea. I don't think it's a bad idea, first of all. And if it works for you and you feel comfortable with it, that's the biggest thing with the bat. The bat that they're talking about, to me, resembles if you're looking at Louisville Sluggers an R one sixty one, which is the model that Frank Robinson used. And the reason that I mentioned the one yar Win sixty one is that the barrel of the bat came closer to the trademark. It was a bigger, bigger barrel. It fell within the auspices of two point sixty one inches in diameter or less. But VOLTEI was saying is that if you look at the bat, and you can take batting practice, and you will actually see little blue marks on the bat where you foul the ball off where it is snamped on the baseball itself, it just leaves that pattern or there's marks left on the bat. So they're saying that his was too close to the label. Well, why don't you back off the plate two inches? I mean, that's one way if you're using the same bat. The other part, too, is if you look at this torpedo bat that they're talking about. Okay, they move the biggest part of the barrel closer to the trademark, correct, but it also is smaller towards the end of the bat. So you're rectifying maybe one area that you can foul a ball off if it's inside where the barrel is theoretically bigger. But then you've got a smaller part of the barrel on the outer two or three inches of the bat. So now you're not going to foul off those pitches by a sixteenth of an etcher an eighth them an inch. So it's a trade off and if it works for you and you feel good about it, I think the biggest thing with the bat is, first of all, what's the weight of the bat? Is it too heavy for you? Is it too light for you? And the other important part is what's the balance of the bat. Myself, I preferred a thin handle and a big barrel, and a lot of hitters are kind of in that same category, so it's a trade off. You can pick up a bat, David, you can also tell this is kind of weird. I can order a dozen bats when I was playing, and out of those dozen bats, when you go through them ahead of time to figure out which ones are going to be batting practice of bats and which ones you like the wood consistent crane is it ballanced? The same way, I could pick up a bat and tell if it was a half ounce off of what I ordered, and normally I ordered like thirty two or thirty three and a half ounces, which is a lot lighter, it seems than two plus pounds. But that's how you can pick up a bat and tell if it's an ounce or two off. So it's particular selection. I don't buy into all of a sudden this is an absolute breakthrough in baseball. No, there have been different bats that have been made over the years and over the years. If it works for you, fine, if the ballance is right, the weight is right, and the mental approach is right, go ahead and use it. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 8: Isn't it an indictment on a hitter that can't make the adjustments you're talking about and are so obsessed with that uppercut swing, and that's the reason why they have to go to this type of bat.
Speaker 3: Well, if I'm looking at my bat as Volpi and I keep getting jammed and jammed and jammed, why don't I back off the plate by two inches? That's the difference on how much the barrel of the bat, of the biggest part has been moved towards the trademark on the bat about you know about two inches maybe three inches at most. Why don't you just back off the plate two inches or three inches whatever works for you. And there's a comfort level, And a lot of this game is mental. Oh, it takes physical attributes. There's no question about that. Hitting a baseball, in my mind is the most difficult thing to do in professional sports. Other people may have different ideas, and what I know personally how difficult it was on a daily basis to do that. This is tough. You have to be mentally just right there. Not every Bouy's not everybody buys into this. Aaron Judges is still hitting home runs he's not going with a torpedo bat, no doubt.
Speaker 8: We'll see how many Dodgers go to the torpedo bat in the next day.
Speaker 3: Robertson, some of the guys have ordered just to check it out. Fine, check it out. It may suit you from a balance standpoint and be kind of the same way, but you're just transferring the biggest part of the barrel to a different position on the bat.
Speaker 8: Makes sense, too much sense, Rick, Thanks a lot for explaining that all to us, and we'll check in with you and Steven Nelson a torpedo man. Hey, this segment's torpedoed right now. We're sending it back to Tim in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks a lot, guys, Dodgers fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent's time to take that next big step. Classes can faill quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday got those keys to the game. We'll go high and tie it with DVID Vasa. Next Dodgers braves first pitch of seven to ten. I'm Tim Katis's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunted on your home for La Dodge Baseball.
Speaker 2: He's the Dodgers and brains doesn't make Chris tail. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She Handcrafted Sushi. Getting ready to enjoy the game. Need a quick meal that's affordable and the whole family can enjoy. Pick us some zench hand Crampton Sushi made fresh onsite daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and tradition. You can taste find some Zenchi you know the deli counter, and Ralph's gonna get some on the way home. Zen She hand crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be Vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high and tight.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers made it back from Tokyo, returned home to Dodger Stadium, and are just two days away from embarking on their first road trip in North America. The man that puts it all together is the director of travel for the Dodgers, Scott Akasaki. Scott, thanks a lot for the time, and what a whirlwind of a time it's been.
Speaker 10: Well, it's been absolutely awesome, Dave. Going back to last year, what a great year, obviously October. You can't ever duplicate that. Maybe we can. I don't know, but you know, it's been It's been a lot of fun, certainly to go back to Japan, come back to La have these great couple of days here to start the season. So looking forward to what this year has for us.
Speaker 8: And you have Japanese blood in that Akasaki name, what was it like for you to go back to Tokyo with Shoho Tani and the Dodgers.
Speaker 10: Dave, I appreciate you asking that question, and I don't want to get too deep here, but there was a time when in our nation's history when Japanese Americans weren't really viewed in the same level, especially during World War Two. So my parents, my grandparents were involved in that, my aunts and uncles, so certainly that's never been lost upon me and my family's history. So to be able to go back to Japan and with the Dodgers and having the collection of stars that we have Japanese and otherwise was absolutely amazing. And to go from like the World War Two experience to the modern day has been for me personally tremendously moving.
Speaker 8: How did you get a group of two hundred people traveling players, coaches, front office from Arizona to Tokyo, get them seamlessly as acclimated, and then also find a way to get them back after a game was played in Tokyo, Japan. Take us through what an undertaking that was?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, I think Dave, a lot of the folks who went to Tokyo went to Seoul last year, so they knew the schedule, how to adjust to sleep, what they were going to feel like, the visa process, sort of the different nature of everything, the food, the gaps in time. So I think having the Sole experience was really great as an orientation for the Tokyo experience. So I think everyone who went to Seoul was very well prepared for Tokyo and they knew exactly what they wanted to do, And I hope everybody who went on the trip maximized their time and had a great experience over there.
Speaker 8: But for Scott Akasaki, who's organizing this trip to get the world champion Dodgers to Tokyo seamlessly through customs and a foreign airport, there is the variable of the unknown for you. How did you make it so smooth for everybody?
Speaker 10: Well, Dave, you asked that question, and you're giving me a lot of credit, but I certainly can't take that credit. Certainly, the folks at Major League Baseball, who organized the trip for the Dodgers and Cubs, played a huge role. The team that we have here, al garciaan security, Alex Torres the equipment side, and Markazai and Baseball Operations really were instrumental in getting this trip off the ground. Patricia Romero and family programs, everybody was all syncd up. Of course, our front office is aligned, so Andrew Brandon, their leadership, of course, the coaching staff, everybody is. When we needed information to get all the stuff we needed to get like it came very quickly because everyone wanted to have a great time in Japan.
Speaker 8: You've been part of the Dodger organization for over twenty years now, You've seen a lot. What's it like in twenty twenty five for you to be where you're at right now, and not just being with a baseball team, but basically being with a rock band going around the country and the world. Was sho heyo Tani.
Speaker 10: You know, Dave, not only is it the time with the Dodgers, but you know, I was born and raised in Los Angeles, so to see the city and how energized the city is and how energy, how people are excited about the Dodgers is absolutely fantastic. And so yes, Shohil Tani, the best player on the planet. To be able to travel the United States and internationally with him is certainly amazing. But what a great group of guys, you know, show hey, everybody is absolutely awesome.
Speaker 8: All right, Scott, thanks a lot for the time, Congratulations on being able to get the Dodgers to and from Tokyo, Japan with a lot of help, and congratulations on being the Dodgers director of travel for a second World Series championship.
Speaker 10: Thank you very much, Dave, appreciate the opportunity.
Speaker 8: There he goes Dodgers Director of Travel, Scott Akasaki has been our guest, and we want to remind you about our friends at Canaan, the world's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clear, lighter and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch with frames at our handcraf did in Italy. Canaan Sunglasses elevate your experiences outside with a degree of clarity beyond your wildest imagination. Visit Caanaan dot Com for your pair, Tim, we'll send it back to you all.
Speaker 2: Right, Thanks a lot. DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast went into game night as Grip Night at Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night, Dodgers and Braves. When we come back, we'll dive deeper into this great pitching matchup. I'll go anywhere. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long, Dodgers and Braves on this Tuesday night, as we'd lead you up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium. First pitch set Verse sevent.
Speaker 1: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dineck. We look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Present it by your Southern California Toyota dealers. Work hard, play hard at a new Tacomo with an I Force Turbo charge engine, a truck built for the Bowls. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Chris Sale has been anything but easy. Thirty six year old left hander, fifteenth season in the Big Leagues White Sox Red Sox now his second season in Atlanta. A World Series champion twenty eighteen with Boston. An eight time All Star, he won the Cy Young Award last year. Twenty nine starts eighteen to three, two thirty eight ERA with two hundred and twenty five strikeouts. He made the opening day start for the Braves in San Diego. Five innings, three runs, six hit, seven strikeouts. G had a no decision, making just his second career start in the regular season at Dodger Stadium, his first since twenty twelve. He was a member of the White Sox, last outing the Dodger Stadium the World Series in twenty eighteen. Dustin may On the Mound, twenty seven year old right hander made his major League debut in twenty nineteen, but it's been a bumpy ride ever since. He hasn't pitched in the big league game since May of twenty twenty three with a throat injury to Tommy John surgery. He made nine starts back in twenty twenty three. It was off to a really good year before getting hurt. Making that first start today after four spring training starts where he went two with twelve strikeouts and held batting batters to a one point twenty one average. Dust In May the return of code read taking on Chris Sale. Dodgers brays are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katson's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and praise doesn't make Chris Sailor pitching matchup with the boys in Blue play at home. It's important that they have the right plan to protect their house. So far, so good, undefeated at Dodger Stadium. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, create and maintain defensible space. Starting at your house. Clear vegetation to your fencing property line. If space allows, extend up to one hundred feet from your home. Ensure all combustible items like firewood are located thirty feet from your home. Remove vegetation to brief from your roof, fence, windows, decks, and gutters from More information about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot ca dot go back out to the boat. Steven Nelson Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks TC.
Speaker 4: All right, mo, this is a really intriguing and exciting pitching matchup for a number of different reasons. Let's start with the Dodgers starter in Dustin May. This is going to be his first start in gosh, nearly two calendar years. Just think of everything that this young man has gone through in his major league career to date, a few different elbow surgeries, and then last year a life threatening emergency surgery to repair the torn esophagus right when he was on the cusp of returning to the major league roster. He's doing that here tonight.
Speaker 3: Six hundred and eighty five days wow. From his last start at the big league level on the seventeenth of May twenty twenty three, I'm excited for Dustin May. We saw him in spring training. In those four starts, he worked only the ten innings, trying to stretch things out and everything else. But every time he took them mount in those four outings, you could tell that he was gaining more and more confidence and settling back into a rhythm that a year ago he didn't know if he would ever be back on this field. That's really a big, big deal. On the flip side of the coin mentioned earlier, for Chris Sale, one of the really tough guys to hit against, eighteen wins, only three losses last year, a very high strikeout rate, and a very high chase rate. So for the Dodgers, they've been patient with hittings so far. Make sure you're not expanding the strike zone too much tonight for.
Speaker 4: Dustin Made the last time we saw him in spring, he was really spectacular during the Freeway Series exhibition.
Speaker 3: Down in Anaheim.
Speaker 4: He pitched five innings, just one run on one hit. The walks in the hit batters. Those two things were issues during the spring. The control, he had six free passes and hit three guys. The hits though those have been tough to come by against Dustin May, so hopefully you can build on that tonight against Atlanta and then with Chris Sailed. This is the first time that we have seen him here at Dodger Stadium since he closed out Game five of the twenty eighteen World Series for the Boston Red Sox. He struck out the side in that one. We saw him last year in his siong campaign, his first year with Atlanta Moo, and they could hardly touch him when they saw him at Truce Parkinson dam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he's on, he's really a tough customer. His nickname the Conductor, and he may be punching some tickets tonight.
Speaker 4: One thing that the Dodgers can try to lean on as they get ready for this game. Tim kates their record against left handed pitchers last year the second best market all of baseball, thirty six and seventeen, and to start this year three to zero, and not just against any lefties, Chute Imanaga, Justin Steele and Trek Scooble. Can they continue this run against Chris Sale. We'll find out in a matter of hours.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good one. Chris Sale two hundred and twenty five strikeouts, won the Cy Young Award last year. Dodgers got their handfuls tonight. If they want to stay undefeated on this season, first pitch is next. It's the return to Code Red justin May. When we come back, I'm Tim Kates. This's the world champion of Los Angeles Address Audio Network