Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm going you razy Boston's News Radio. One of the things that I would like to suggest to people is this if if you feel your energy supply charges are too high, here's the website here in Massachusetts where you can compare what you're paying. All you have to do is go to your energy bill. Okay, whether it's again, whatever the company is, whether it's National Grid and or ever Source or unitool, you go to this website. I'll be going to the website tomorrow, so therefore I want you to also have this opportunity. It's all one word mass energy rates, so it's m A S S E N E R G Y rates r A t ees, dot com slash Massachusetts hyphen Electricity hyphen suppliers, rob if you can write that down in case people miss it, Mass Energy rates, dot com slash Massachusetts Hyphen Electricity hyphen suppliers. At that point, you will be asked to select your utility. Your choices are pretty easy. National Grid, ever Source, UNITIL. Now this is for electricity, So in my instance, I just selected my supplier. It's one of three choices. Okay. Then it says select account type. It's real simple. Residential commercial or large commercial. So I'm residential. Then you're asked to put in your zip code. It's as simple as putting in your zip code five letters. Then it says compare electricity rates. You will be brought to a point where you can select the rates that you feel are most reasonable for you. Okay. There's a whole bunch of suppliers Direct Energy, Clearview Energy, Constellation Energy, Direct Energy, Discount Power. Now all of them are different rates, different times. Twelve month fixed rate, eighteen month fixed rate, six month fix rate. Some have no cancelation fees, some have a cancelation fee. I will probably tomorrow go and sign up for it looks to me like maybe a nine month fixed rate get me through the year twelve point nine to nine cents per kilowatt hour. Okay, I'm currently because they just raised my rate the company that I was with, apparently my contract went out. I'm going to cut my rate in half, so please take advantage of this tomorrow. Go to mass Energy rates dot com slash compare hyphen mass hyphen Electricity hyphen rates. There are those in power on Beacon Hill who want to take this option away from you. Okay, and we will talk about that at some point as well. Now I'm going to continue. I'd love to talk about this for the balance of the program. I think it's a really important issue. It's a local issue here in Massachusetts, but it also plays in other states around the country because rates are going up in other states around the country. Let's go next to Chris down in the Cape. Chris, I appreciate your patience holding through the news. You're next on Nightside, Chris.
Speaker 3: Are you ready, yeady?
Speaker 2: Well, Chris, I've just introduced You're welcome to Nightside. What's your point you're on here? Go ahead? Hello you there, Rob, Yes, yeah, I'm here. Chris. Put him on hold and I'll come back to him. Let me go to Deborah in Marlborough. Deborah, you are next on Nightside. Go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Hi again. I'm so glad that you're talking about this, and I know everybody else is in the same situation as me. But I got a monthly electric bill actually for a thousand dollars, and you know what, I live in a little mobile home. Can you imagine the highest I've ever paid for my electricity during the wintertime was around five five fifty And I got a bill for one thousand dollars in the second the last month, the same thing. And I just hope that something can be done. And I'm going to tell you this bozo, that's the governor. I didn't vote for her, and I'm not voting for her the next time. And I hope she's gone.
Speaker 2: Well she wants to run for president?
Speaker 4: Oh, I know she does.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: Can you see that?
Speaker 2: Really anything is possible in America exactly.
Speaker 4: And then the other thing I'm thinking is it's going to be at the point where I mean, I live by myself here in a small mobile home. That's what I get for my electric bill. And I'm thinking to myself, I'm going to actually I'll probably wind up being homeless. And if that happens, I'm sitting outside her her her mansion and with a sign. Really okay, I cannot even believe it.
Speaker 2: Let me encourage you to do this. While you were on hold, I gave this play this website. Are you going to you? O?
Speaker 4: Yes, I got it, And I'm definitely gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Great, okay, Because what you can do is, and there are some of these rates. What you should do is look on your bill and where Bill says, let me. Let me direct you to where you where you want to look. Where you look on your bill? Who's who's your electrical suppliers? That ever source?
Speaker 4: National Grid? Oh no, it's National Grid.
Speaker 2: Well, at some point there you should see that there's a generation service charge okay, which is your in effect, your supplier charge. And I tell you how many killowat hours you used for that, you know, the last month, okay, okay, and it'll say however many killer what hours? Then it will say kW H for killowat hours times, and then it'll tell you what you're paying per killowat hour. Okay, my generation service charge for my electric bill. It's not National Grid, another supplier more than doubled okay. And I think what happened was I was asleep at the switch, okay. And and I think that that when this supplier, when my contract ended, I was with this company called Smart Energy out of Hazleton, Pennsylvania. I will be calling him in the morning, okay. So yeah, oh yeah, And I think what you should do is you go to the website, find out what you're paying. Do you know offhand what you're paying for kill a one hour? Or no?
Speaker 4: You probably I have to bill but I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you could find it. It will simply say you're you're how many killow hours you use? Uh? And you can find that because they have to give you your monthly killer what use and others hopefully are listening to me as well. So you you look at the number of KILLO one hours. Then you find where it says generation service charge, and that will tell you what you pay. It will say times point some number. And then you go on this website and you find a better rate, simple as that, and you can you know, you can pick your supplier. They're going to try to take this choice away from us. Up there on be con okay, and and do me a favor. Let me know. Rob will give you my direct line, give me a call tomorrow, and if you need any help navigating the system, I'll call you and help you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh all right, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You stay right there. Rob will give you my direct line. Uh. And if you're running into problems either way, I want you to call me and let me know how you how you make out, Okay, thanks Debbie up. Rob will take care of you. Here we come back, we're gonna be talking with Chris and Cape cod he's gonna be second this hour. The only line that is open right now is six one seven. Look, we can use this program to help each other. That's what we're doing tonight. And if you are, if you're at a computer, just go to the website mass Energy rates dot com slash compare hyphen mass hyphen Electricity hyphen rates, Grab your electric bill, look at it. You'll see. I'll be making my phone call tomorrow. I was asleep at the switch. That's my fault. But I'm gonna get it corrected tomorrow. Back on Nightside right after this. Now back to Dan ray line from the Window World.
Speaker 1: Night Side Studios on WBZ the news radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones. Let's give it Chris another shot. Here, another bite at the apple. Chrissy, you're there, Yes, I am hi. I have no idea what happening before? What were you away from the phone per chance for now?
Speaker 3: No? No, I have a home problem that it's sort of irrelevant, but I did get back to it and here I am God. I can't thank you enough for this public service. I'm like you. I have a bunch of electric bills from different properties that I have and for the first time earlier this week. I actually scrutinized because I was kind of shocking odd by the amount, and I started looking at the items that are surcharged of. I don't know if it's seven or ten. I don't have the bills in front of me, but I was shot by and I said, I think you'd be doing beyond the public service you're doing tonight by illuminating this.
Speaker 2: Well, here's what can I just jump in for a second. And by the way, I apologize for interrupting, but thank you for the kind comments. I do this because I believe in it. Okay, I'm in a position where I have a radio station that supports me. I have a microphone and people can listen or they can choose not to listen. But I want them to listen. And if I can help people tonight, let me give you an example. We complain about gas prices. Gasoline prices, we all we drive by gas stations, we see what the price is, we decide we buy gas, we don't. We go to the store and we complain about egg prices and we either buy them or we don't. But the price is there. You look at one of these bills that you get and the real important information is buried in the bill. There's so much crap here on the bill the average person cod read it.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, that happened. I happened for the first time this week scrutinized one of those and I said, this is hieroglyphics. Uh, and it's a sham. And I think in furtherance of the public service that you do for us, you should have the one or all of the commissioners be examined and cross examined by you as to each in one of these each and every one of these items to be substantiated. I also looking into this for the first time ever, because I just routinely, you know, reflexively pay these bills as most people do. Yes, yes, And I worry about the you know, the people that aren't as well off as the rest of us may be, that they just do the same thing as I do. But they're getting just hosed. I tell you, in the vernaculus.
Speaker 2: You're so right, and they're getting screwed, is what they're getting. That's what that's what's going on. But you're right, And the problem is that you have older people whose visions has failed is failed a little bit. You have people who are busy, They're just trying to live their life. You know, I just think about gas station. We complain about gas, but you drive into a gas station there for five minutes, you pay ten dollars or twenty dollars, or you fill your tank and you're all set. It's easy. Supermarkets, yeah, I complain about supermarkets like everything. You know, the prices are too high. But guess what, I got a choice. Do I want to buy those Oreo cookies for five forty nine? No way. I love Oreo cookies, but I'm not going to buy them until they come down in price. It's as simple as that. Do I need those Peppers Farm, you know triple chocolate chip dark chocolate cookies that I love for five ninety nine? No way, no way. But when when you try to read these bills it is hieroglyphics, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: And when you think about it, which I did. That happened to be coincidentally with my review of this first time ever. Maybe I was thinking who appoints these commissioners? And I saw it either an article in the Globe or the Herald that said the governor appoints. Well, that's not according to my information. It is the secretary of the Executive Office of the Energy and Environmental Affairs affairs emphasis added, what affair are they having? Most of those of the three, at least two out of three, have no connection to Massachusetts. They're copt baggers and don't have any idea about the struggles of the people. That I learned today, fifty percent of our population, if they had a one thousand dollars unexpected bill, like a repair your car bill, they wouldn't be able to pay it. Come on, I think you need to have I mean, you don't need to do anything better. I'm just suggesting that, in furtherance of this topic, that you have one, two, three, or all of them, or if not, the governor or, in particular the appointing authority, which I understand it to be, which was incorrect correctly reported not once but twice in our local mainstream newspapers of Massachusetts. They referred to it as the governor to the appointing authority. I've learned, and I may irong, but it's the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, and the governor has a veto over that. In other words, you're right, the governor has it read it to you.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right. The department is overseen by the three member Commonwealth Utilities Commission, appointed by the Secretary of the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs, with approval by the Governor. Right the secret the Secretary designates one of the commissioners as chair. Below you can learn about our commission. So the chair is a guy named James Jamie van Nostrend Okay. He was an adjunct professor at Pace University in White Plains, New York. He received his environmental law degree at Pace University, jd from the University of Iowa College of Law, and a master's degree in economics from Sunny at Albany, an undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Northern Iowa. So this guy is Iowa. In New York. Commissioner Cecil Fraser. She received the Bachelor's of Arts degree in political science from Fordham University and her j d from Rutgers University School of Law in Camden. So she's from New Jersey. She was appointed by a Governor Baker's office okay, and then the last one Stacy Ruben Commissioner. She at least went to her law degree is from Northeastern University at a public health degree from HUFFS and a Master of Policy from Vermont Law School undergraduate degree from New York University. So they none of them are pure Massachusetts residents, none of the three, that's for sure. Stacy Rubin is the one that is closest. But I gotta tell you, you know that the Secretary of Environmental Affairs is not in point pointing her cousin Ernie to a position like that. This is all with the approval of the governor. So the buck, as Harry Truman said, the buck stops at the big desk, simple as that. All right. I love the call, Chris, please keep calling Knights. I tell your friends about Nightside as well. Okay, we'll do. Thank you, Chris, appreciate you. Dan, good night. Let me go next to I'm gonna get Paul in Plymouth. In Paul, you were next on Nightside. Welcome Dan.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, you know, as far as these bills go, when they generate electricity at Apollo Plant, it's tied in on this parallel grid, so they're talking about delivery and transmission. It's the same thing. And i'd like to know, uh, well, you already you just said it. I mean, these people have absolutely no qualification in electrical engineering or an electrician anything like that. Any electrical engineer electrician knows uh that these these are just trumped up charges and the duplicity.
Speaker 2: Well, for the for the most part. The three who were on and I'm a lawyer, okay, but I don't understand the stuff. One guy has his jd from the University of Iowa Law School. Uh Uh, he also worked at the West Virginia University School of Law. The second one has the j D. She's a lawyer from Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, New Jersey. Uh. And the third one has a law degree from Northeastern University School of Law. Okay, can of them have any expertise in this? These are three people who never should have been appointed, one by Baker, two by by the current governor. Governor heally.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: They have no background in electrical or an electricity period, and they're the ones that are making the I'm sure they're, you know, very smart people and proficient in their field, but why are they making the decisions on about electricity when they have no background in electricity?
Speaker 2: Well, Paul, Paul, you and I are smart people. Okay, but let's assume Bob Kraft called you and said, hey, Paul, I want you to be the coach of the Patriots and Dan is going to be your defensive coordinator. How do you think we do, Paul?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. I don't hope we'd make it to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. No, But I'm not joking when I say that, the fact of the matter is that these are political point is this this group of three when the governor said, you know, we want the editor companies to give something back, they they ordered them to give back five percent five percent, and the energy company said, we'll give back ten percent. So these knuckleheads, as as the Great Tom Andino would say, these knuckleheads, they should have said you got to give back twenty percent. But no, it's like you're making it too easy on us. Commissioners. We gotta make we got to give back ten percent to at least make it look good. And and this right, that's.
Speaker 3: Why I did to hire you know, and uh, well, let's say.
Speaker 2: The government that's in competence, that that is absolute incompetence. You're the commissioners, you're asking for five percent and the people that you're regulating saying no, we'll do you better. We'll give you ten percent. Governor Healy should should ask for the letters of resignations of those three people tomorrow.
Speaker 6: She won't, I agree, she won't. Get some engineers and electricians on that.
Speaker 3: That's what they need.
Speaker 2: I'm with you this, this is this is a scandal. Okay. It is a scandal, and the governor needs to step up to it. This is the sort of thing that if she wants to run for president, this is gonna come back. This is like what Boston Harbor was to Mike Dukakis. This is the sort of thing that the Republicans would do if if she ever became the Democratic nominee. And I'm not betting a lot of money on that. All Right, I gotta run, Paul, Thank you so much. Appreciate your calling.
Speaker 6: Okay again, but thanks you very much.
Speaker 3: Good night.
Speaker 2: Don't talk to you soon, good night, okay. Six one seven, two, five four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. By the way, I have a big announcement to make later on tonight, so I'm not gonna make it on the air. I'll make it on the air tomorrow, but I do a show on I shouldn't say a show. We do what's called night side postgame on Facebook. If you're listening tonight and you're near a computer at midnight, go to your Facebook page and find Nights with Dan Ray. I'm going to be making an announcement in advance of an announcement tomorrow night, but I want my most loyal listeners, who are people who who check in with me after the show on Facebook, to get a little bit of a head start on this. The only line open right now, we got one line six, one, seven thirty. All of a sudden, this topic has taken off. I am so delighted that people are interested in this because, guess what, They're picking your pockets back on night side. And by the way, the government is what's doing who is allowing them to pick your pockets back on nightside? After this, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio. Yesterday, Governor Healy had a news conference about these bills. When I say these bills, I'm not talking about these legislative bills. These these bills from energy companies. This is the governor are cut thirty five cut thirty five, Rob.
Speaker 8: And costs in other ways. All Right, every single day, I want you to know that this team, this administration and I as Governor am laser focused on lowering costs for people around Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: And one of the biggest budgetbusters.
Speaker 8: That we've seen lately is what people saw on gas bills, electric bills, heating bills the last couple of months.
Speaker 2: Laser focused. You weren't laser focused, Governor in October when your DPU commissioners were granting increases. You know, maybe laser focused now because you know people are upset. Where was you? Where was your team? Governor? Didn't they know that these things? I mean, the average person doesn't attend DPU meetings, Governor, These would be the questions that I would ask the governor, But I don't think the governor has any interest in coming on the show on this topic. And again, all sorts of promises here, Okay, here's one. The question is this is what the governor said. This is cut forty, Rob going to talk about all the steps she's going to take. Cut forty.
Speaker 4: We estimate that these steps, taken together, will save Massachusetts residents five point eight billion dollars over the next five years, almost.
Speaker 8: Six billion dollars.
Speaker 4: We're going to save money back.
Speaker 8: To you over the next five years.
Speaker 2: Now, the people who are clapping there, for the most part, were members of the governor's staff, state employees. I mean, do you believe that. I'll believe it when I see it. To be honest with you, you're not going to save it with this group of DPU commissioners. Let's go to the phones. We're going to go to Miller in Lawrence, Lawrence Miller, Let's do me a favorite Rob, put them on hold, and we'll never called the radio station before. Okay, that's good too. Let's go to Joe in Boston. Joe, you're next on nightside. Go right ahead, Joe.
Speaker 8: Good evening.
Speaker 2: Then, my brother, Joe, how are you. This is not a happy topic we're talking about tonight.
Speaker 8: No, it's not hard imaginally looking at some of the notes. I don't know if you remember about twenty seventeen eighteen, Kelly Baker had a guy on one of those environmental boards that he was caught on a hot mic saying that he was going, we just got to try to make a hurt for the people, to make them aware that they have to save energy there was up in New Hampshire and the guy had to pull it back and he ended up getting fired after that. Yeah, that was one of those people. Yeah, those are the people that we have on the on the part of the public utilities. Who are these people? I mean, you don't have any electricion in debt. You don't have anybody who has been run in a power plant that can put things forward for us. I got fifty bucks that are going to go have dinner this week. Do you think that I can't afford to have dinner this week with fifty bucks?
Speaker 2: Maybe at McDonald's.
Speaker 8: Not even that's insulting then, I mean what they are doing is I mean, and I feel so so bareful people on fixed income? Yeah, I mean then by bill from six plus with two one thousand dollars, I mean, come on, I mean, thank god, I'm able to you know, with my family, I'm able to handle that. But it's just ridiculous and how somebody in a fixed income can't handle that. And the DPU who appointing these people, one of them was by Charlie Baker, you know, the two. But this healing what what by healing? What are they getting? I mean they are giving money. I want to know the contribution from the utility companies to the candidates, because that's how that is done. Oh and they went, oh, we're going to take off, you know, the bills from from the next two months, and didn't just give them to you in the middle of the summer. They were not supposed to be their first starters. I mean, it's just it's like borrowing.
Speaker 2: It's like borrowing money. It's like borrowing. It's like borrowing money from from a bookie. You gotta pay it back and you gotta pay a little interest. It's the same thing.
Speaker 8: To eliminate. They have to eliminate all those lobbyists because that's what they do with That's the same thing that they do with the insurance. My insurances been going up to the room and guess what, I have an excellent driving record and nothing has changed, nothing has changed whatsoever. However, they raise the insurance off. Why what's the reason for. It's just insane. They need a dolge over here, a local dolge. I mean, I will call it a double d. If they can allow that you have disacled actually to get into these things, I mean those it might be payful now but it's probably one of the greatest inventions because you can dig in and find out where the waste is in government, because it's so much waste in government. And if they can establish that from the federal level and just strick down and bring it down to the local government levels, from the governor to the unity, every single level to a leaminate way. If you're gonna leave meate ways, we'll be a fine I'm with.
Speaker 2: You totally, Joe, Joe, Well said, my friend Well said, Uh, it's up. It's up to the people now to sort of start to stand up and say, hey, we've taken enough here and we can't take it anymore. This is this is this is stuff, tough stuff.
Speaker 8: Joe, all right, thank you, man. I appreciate you, my brother. You have a lovely evening. I love you and your family.
Speaker 2: Love love your family and you as well. Thank you, Joe, appreciate it. Thank you very much. Look, hey, let me get going here. I'm gonna go back and see if we get Miller and Lawrence here. Let's give Miller and Lawrence a second shot. Miller, you got a second life here, go ahead. Miller.
Speaker 7: All right, Buddy, Danny, sorry about that. Dan. So I'll never say up to watch the miners thing, but I did because heally was on last week on television.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, yes Myers, right, yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, I had a thirteen minute spot. Spent eleven minutes talking about her a professional basketball career of two years in Austria.
Speaker 2: Very important, very very important. To watch out the language. Heah, we got to bleep that. Remember we're on Family Radio.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, all right, dad? Uh damn. So in closing, she says people should no, New England was a great state.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's called the region. But wow, I didn't realize that. Now if Donald if Donald Trump had said that, if Donald Trump, do you think that the networks would have been all over him or yeah?
Speaker 7: Who it was? It was a nice representation of the state at all.
Speaker 2: Well, we are the aristocracy of the elect right, they're in Massachusetts. All right, Mella, have you called before? I know? Is this your first time I had?
Speaker 1: I had?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have to have type of time.
Speaker 2: All right. Well I was a little I thought you're okay, what I got you. I didn't think you'd hear me. That's why we put you on old Thanks for thanks for sticking with us call talk again. Thank you very much, good night. Again, we're trying to help people tonight cut their utility bills legally. We'll explain one more time on the other side. And again, as they say, I do have a special announcement tonight. If you normally listen on night Side Nightside postgame, just go to Facebook if you have a Facebook account, and you'll be able to find Nightside Postgame and I'll be there at about twelve oh two. We'll be back on Nightside right after this. If you'd like to join the conversation. I get a couple more calls in six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty Back on Nightside after this. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio. All right, let's get back to our calls. We're going to wrap the This has been an interesting evening and I do appreciate all the calls tonight. This has been it's been fun and I again am happy to try try to help you out a little bit here. It's as simple as that. We're just trying to work together. We got everybody. Let's keep rolling here. Let me go to Joe Inn in Waltham. Joe In next on nice that we'll get you in under the wire here, joe In, go right.
Speaker 5: Ahead, thank you. Dan. Yeah. I pay my daughter's electric bill, and I've been paying it for like eight years. You know, it's always like one hundred maybe one hundred and fifty in the summer. In November, National Grid was having difficulty with their billing department, and I tried to pay her bill and they kept saying, we're having difficulties, so we can you know, can't do it now. All through December, same thing. Finally I called December twenty six and it said she had a credit of four hundred and fifteen dollars, So I said, wonderful. You know, that's great. He changed her meter in early December. In February she didn't get any bills at all. In February she got nine bills all at the same time, nine bills.
Speaker 2: And separate bills, yeah, separate.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For how many months.
Speaker 5: It went way back to like May. I don't know, you know that.
Speaker 2: Joe Inn, that's an issue that involves your daughter and you, and you know that doesn't have application. And what we're really talking about tonight. We're talking about tonight the level of money that people are asking be paid in Massachusetts, and I think lack of oversight by the government in the final Sleep at the Switch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the final bill said nineteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess if it was nine bills. You divide it and it's like two hundred dollars a month. I don't know, Joe inn I.
Speaker 5: Well, no one bill said zero, you know, but I called them and they said, well that's what it is. You know.
Speaker 2: It's just not very helpful, that's for sure. No, Joe inn I'm trying to get you know, the news between macro and micro yours is a micro problem. It needs a microscope to figure it out, and it probably is not doesn't have great application to most of my audience. We're talking about the mike, the macro problem that the DPU commissioners here in Massachusetts, we're asleep at the switch. The governor needs to ask for their resignation.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, Well, you know, they want the climate change thing, she said. I heard her say there was eighty dollars per bill going towards climate stuff.
Speaker 2: At least at least thanks Joanne, I got to run. I got a bunch. Okay, you got to get to Thank you much. Talk to you soon. Fill in Boston, Phil, next on Nice, I go ahead, Phil, Hi, don't.
Speaker 7: I gotta be quick?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: You hit all you should be a p and you're hitting all all the right keys. I just I got my National Group bill sitting outside here, walk right by it. I'm afraid to open her now. The bottom line is you hit on all the right keys. And you said people have other things loriable they can't figure out.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to kill?
Speaker 9: What is that make a sound like they do in you? A favor? Good to kill? What I had? A guy combined now on the door and said, well he wanted me. I signed a car like an idiot. I signed a contract to get the well the fransaity where I signed that? Well, what did I just done? There'll be the finest kid. He was in and around, and then I try to call the number for the company. I was here for longer than I was taught, finding it only you. I was talking like twelve fourteen hours, funny at the Bulas phone. Oh we got the things as all we are recording I couldn't get I'm telling you. It's something's got to be done. It's crazy, it's like torture. It's unbelievable. I'm sorry, I'm rambling. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no. First first and first of all, I hear your frustration. Your frustration is justified. And I don't care who you vote for, but when we elect someone to the state House, they need to put a team in place. I don't expect Mare Healy to be sitting at very DPU hearing and she has to have a Secretary of Energy who follows some That was a big meeting and they gave they gave a big fat with kiss the DPU condisioners. They're the problem, and the.
Speaker 9: Government money the lottery and they're gonna make him going to fire off for a ticket next week. You can't make the stuff up. How abatters some money?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I shouldn't regulize. I think what happens is you legalize betting everywhere and everybody can bet on everything, all.
Speaker 9: Becoming addicts between them. Anyway, sorry about that guy.
Speaker 2: Guys Phil, you have a great one. Good night, you deserve it. Thanks. Say say if you can bet like on Laftyan soccer Max matchups, maybe that does detract a little bit from the very successful Massachusetts lottery. Jeff is in Whitman. Jeff, you were next on Nightside. Welcome, Hey Dan.
Speaker 10: I mean I've done the audit of like all my different services, and a lot of them. I've got rid of AT and T. I'm almost ready to get rid of Comcast or Internet and looking for better services. So for my electric bill, I signed up with Arbor and they'll negotiate short term contracts for you on who has the least uh the lowest rate. So and that's worked out for me and I don't have to sit there for hours going okay, is a clear sky is at? This company is a fat company?
Speaker 2: So I say, just so I understand it. There's a company that you use that negotiates your rates. What is that company?
Speaker 10: It's called Arbor, like a grape arbor?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And did they automatically set it up for you each time?
Speaker 2: So they they charge? Do they charge you for that service or do.
Speaker 10: They get a piece of the auction They somewhere get a piece of the action.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is Arbor energy dot com?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure the exact weber dress, but yeah, that's them.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'll find them and I'll report to the audience tomorrow night.
Speaker 10: Sounds good, sir, appreciate Jeff.
Speaker 2: Thank you much, a great How much time we got, Roub. What do we got? Okay, Jim, gonna stick you in here real quickly at the end. Got about a minute for you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Jim, I don't need him in I got ten seconds. All right. This is a very simple idea. Two words. Headband flash light. I mean, typically I would only recommend it for people who are desperate, but it sounds like you're desperate, So headband flashlight. And the other thing is if you're living in an apartment, make sure that the apartment building isn't running something off of your electric I live in an apartment one time there running the laundry room off of my electric thing. So those are to thanks. Get your next call, thanks dan By, have a.
Speaker 2: Great night, Jim. Okay, thanks all right. Jim always comes up with likes to sneak in late and come up with something that says that's interesting. Okay. So I want to thank everyone to call it tonight through a bunch of first time callers, which I appreciate a whole lot. I want to thank We had a great conversation with David Urban, CNN contributor. He happens to be a Trump supporter. He's sort of the one of the two House Conservatives at CNN. He also now serves on the board of directors the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the US Senate. It was a great hour. If you get a chance you if you missed it, you want to listen to that tomorrow, robill get it all posted on Nightside on demand. We did two hours in the Massachusetts energy bills and who's to blame? I think I placed it very squarely at the feet of the Department of Public Utilities commissioners, three people and the governor, in my opinion, should be asking for their resignation or firing them tomorrow because they did not do the job last fall. Anyway, I'm gonna make an announcement tonight at Nightside at our Facebook page. So if you're on Facebook, go to Dan Ray Nightside with Dan Ray and a very interesting announcement which I think all of you it's not a bad announcement, it's a good announcement and we'll have a I will also follow up on that announcement on the ed tomorrow night. But I want to give those of you who are the most ardent supporters of Nightside first opportunities. At this we're done for the night. Rob Brooks, thank you very much. Mariita, thank you very much. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's why all your pets who have passed you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see yain tomorrow night at Nightside. Have a great Wednesday. Everyone had a fun show tonight. Let's do it again tomorrow night. Tomorrow night, we're gonna talk about long COVID, long covet Tomorrow night at nine o'clock